Speaker 1: Since January seventh, we've all been watching the devastation caused by the Los Angeles wildfires. The loss of lives, homes, and entire communities has been heart wrenching, and I know many of you, like me, think of the helpless animals that have also suffered. We don't hear their voices and they are sometimes not as prominent in the coverage of these disasters. But thankfully there are many incredible people who are helping address the challenges of rescuing and caring for the pets and wildlife, including two people who are here with me today. Dia Duvernet is the president and CEO of Pasadena Humane Society, which has been responding to the Eton fires. Her colleague, doctor Gary Weitzman, is president and CEO of San Diego Humane Society, which has been supporting their work. Welcome to my podcast, both of you, Gary and Dia. Thank you so much for taking time out of a very, very busy life work to visit with me today. These fires have been blazing for several weeks. Now, can you tell us a little bit about the situation as it is today? How contained are the fires and what is happening now?
Speaker 2: Gary?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Dea probably should talk specifically to the Eaten fire. But this is a really terrible extension of our fire season. We never expected fires like this in January, but it's never been as dry as it is right now. And we've been helping Dea and others up in the LA area, and DIA's a good friend and a good colleague of mine and really happy to be up there. But the fires are starting to break out down here in San Diego County too. Just yesterday we had one breakout about five miles from the shelter, and the day before there was one that was less than two miles from our main shelter. So we're just watching it all over southern California. They're getting control, but it's very very nerve wracking. No, I think you'd agreed to yah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the winds were whipping up last night and I said, oh my gosh, not these winds again. Now we've got more fires. The good news about the Eating fires it is about ninety five percent contained and so but we just it's like rack a mole right with all these fires.
Speaker 1: Well, going back to January seventh, when the Palace Sades and Eating fires started, can you describe for us how things unfolded for you.
Speaker 2: Well, So we had decided, given the weather report, that the winds were supposed to be lowest between four and six, and so we closed the shelter early at four so that our employees could go home. And I got home about six, and I live on the western edge of Pasadena. Looking out, I can see the Griffith Observatory, and I saw a ridge line on fire. The Pacific Palace sades thirty miles from my house, and I said some bad words and said, we got to get out of here right now. I don't need to wait for anybody to tell me to evacuate. And then it did get very bad and the fire broke out. And the first thing we did at the shelter was called Geary and other friends of ours shelters throughout California, to say, come, please take all of the adoptable animals out of the shelter, because we know we're going to start seeing first of all, animals with families who were evacuating and can't take their pets with them. So it was remarkable that with you know, we had over one hundred animals in our care that were available for adoptions, so they're easy to transfer to other shelters. It's something we do in normal times. We will transfer shelters, you know, transfer animals back and forth to shelters, depending if we're full or if someone you know, has some space for So we already had the partnerships in place, and so immediately Santa Barbara he made and Gary San Diego, Sacramento. There were a couple others that are escaping my mind right now. They came and that very first Wednesday, they all, almost all the animals were gone off to these other shelters in California where they could be adopted, and there were a few less. So Gary said, you know, we'll come back tomorrow morning. We'll get the rest because they just numb enough room in their trucks. And so that was one reason why we were so well prepared to chart handling the influx of animals that started coming in. Was about getting the animals that we already had prior ifire out of the shelter.
Speaker 1: Why do people.
Speaker 2: Leave their pets when they were evacuating, Oh, well, the often you know a lot of hotels don't take pets. A lot of sheltered human shelters don't take pests.
Speaker 1: Even in a disaster like this, they don't take pets.
Speaker 2: Yes, Now, it was very unfortunate that in Pasadena they set up shelter at the convention center and they did allow people to bring their pets, and so we would have had even more had they not made that very wise decision. But you know a lot of people would want to go stay with family and friends, and you know, your sister might have a dog that doesn't get along with your dog, but so you can come with your dog can't come. And so we just started seeing, you know, hundreds of people who were bringing us their pets to care for them temporarily because they had to evacuate.
Speaker 3: The other thing was I could add is that they this caught people off guard. I mean, it happened so fast, and it grew so quickly. Some people were at work, and we've all heard of or experienced ourselves. Traffic in La without fires is untenable. You can't get back. And then the roads were closed and it was unsafe to go back, and that trapped a lot of animals out where people live. And it wasn't their fault, the animals or the people.
Speaker 1: It just happened Oh, so I understand the police and the fire fighters could not let those people go back to their homes. Yeah, how tragic. That is added major stress to everybody, absolutely for that Martha.
Speaker 2: This was just when people were trying to evacuate, and it happened so quickly, so people couldn't go home from work to get their pets to evacuate. So we had people who were bringing their neighbors pets because they knew their neighbors weren't home, and so they had gone next to work to get their neighbor's pets to bring them in. And I have a very sad story of one of our board members. Actually she lost her house in the fire and she was trying to evacuate. She has two cats that she adopted from Passing Humane and you know when cats get stressed, they can hide, and she was trying to find her cats to get them out of the house, and then her house literally caught on fire and she had to leave and the house is bring down and we still go back every day putting out food and water to see if somehow the cats survived. But it happened that quickly. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: And what about larger animals? I saw a girl ride fourteen miles on a freezer to get to get the horse to safety. Were there a lot of horse deaths? Were animals left in their stables?
Speaker 2: No, I think most of the horses made it out. I am not positive about that. But we had one gentleman who walked his pony all the way down from Altadema to our shelter at Pasadena because of a lot of the shelters were getting full and he didn't have a trailer, so he walked many miles with his pony. We don't usually house horses at our shelter because there are other equin sheltering places. But then we quickly got the hay and what our feed and whatever care our veterinarians said the pony needed, and took care of it in our parking lot until we could trailer it to an equin shelter.
Speaker 1: What happens to wild animals, the apostums and the raccoons, and the where do they all go?
Speaker 2: Well? I think Gary and I, if I'm not mistaken, we lead the only two shelters in southern California that are licensed and permitted to do wildlife rehabilitation. There are many other smaller wildlife for rescues, but we're the only shelters that are able to do that, so we were also able to provide coordinative response for the wildlife we took and sick and injured, and we have lots of partnerships with other smaller rescues that might be spec specifics, so we would quickly be able to triage or just send them straight to those places. But many of them we took in and treated ourselves. But one thing we really tried to let people know as soon as we were able to get in behind the fire line was that there were burst water pipes and so the wildlife did have access to water, because that was something that a lot of people were concerned about and we didn't want people going in and putting themselves in danger thinking that they needed to rescue animals because they would not have access to water. And we even sent cameras in overnight cameras with some of the strike teams going in and said, if you could put these out near the water so we can get some footage of the animals coming to drink at night and put that out to our public, we hopefully can prevent some of these people from illegally and unsafely entering behind the fire line.
Speaker 3: I know you're an animal lover, Martha, and it's one of the wonderful things about you. I lose sleep thinking about animals that are trapped behind or left behind, and especially wildlife in so many cases because their whole universe is is gone. I mean, it's burning. There's no way to comfort them or care for the So we opened up our wildlife hospitals in San Diego just to be ready and on call. We had notice from California Department Official Wildlife that there was an identified bear that had gotten burned, California black bear. And we take them in on a regular basis, and we were just waiting to get that bear in. But I think he's done well enough that they're going to leave him in place, and he seems to be surviving.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh good.
Speaker 3: The animal part is just awful. It's better, I think, you degree. It's better than it was back in the days of Katrina, when we heard so many stories people tying dogs up to fence posts and leaving them in their houses just because there was no understanding. And now we do have that understanding, and I think there's a lot of generosity out there, a lot of compassion. Can you imagine not being able to get to your home where your dogs or your cats were every much your livestock I mean, but especially you know the LA area, people care deeply about their animals, and that was you know, there were horrible stories, but then there were incredible stories of just total care for their pets and for their livestock.
Speaker 2: And Gary mentions livestock. So one of the hardest calls we responded to initially was a home in Altadena where the bull and the goats and the horses, and so we spent a lot of time around the table with Gary's team and others trying to figure out how are we going to do this, because I'm like, I want to keep this bull where it is. I don't want to bring the bull into the shelter. But the problem was that the bullets, the animals did not have access to water because it was a bridge going over to the property that had come down in the storm. So there was this deep ravine that you couldn't get across. And then once you got up over the ravine, there was a long winding road up to the pasture and it was a burned out car along the road so that no bull would be able to get past it. And so initially what we were doing was just getting you know, twelve packs of water across, and the owner was carrying water up the hill for his life suck so were so then we're thinking, well, I was like, well, can we get the Army Corps engineers back to build a bridge? And then we're like, but then there's still the burnt car, and I said, well, we could push the burn car over at the side of the hill if he doesn't mind. And then we were like, well, we could park a water truck on the side of the very vein, and we could put an empty tike over there, and we could pump the water up and then pump it up, and so these were all the strategies we're trying to do. And then finally the owner brilliantly got a bulldozer in and started moving earth around to make a temporary bridge, and then did push the car, the burned out car over the hill so that he was able to actually drive the water up to the animals.
Speaker 1: It's just incredible how cars burnt to in just shells of cars, and that's how fierce that those fighters are and the ember is falling on a roof and then the house is up in flames in just a few seconds. It's it's really really drastic.
Speaker 2: Well, so another big challenge for us Martha initially was here we have all these hundreds of animals coming in, but the winds are still strong, and our shelter is only ten blocks south of the evacuation line, and so I was trying to come up with a very immediate way to pop up an off site temporary shelter for about six hundred animals in the case that we just had to pick up and evacuate.
Speaker 1: Do you know how many animals actually have been displaced by a total?
Speaker 2: I think we took in over about nine hundred animals, but those were including animals that were with us that their owners had left in temporary custody, and then those that these wonderful, amazing strike teams went in and rescued, as well as strays that made it out or were rescued.
Speaker 1: This is justin Pasadena, Yes, what about all the Malibu people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't serve that area. We serve Pasadena and ten other cities, including Alta Dina. But Altadena is really unincorporated Los Angeles, and so unincorporated Los Angeles contracts with us to provide regular animal control services, but we're not connected to provide emergency services. So technically LA County had jurisdiction but asked us to assist through a mutual aid agreement. So we assisted, and we were the shelter for all the animals that came out of the inn fire.
Speaker 3: What I heard in LA was there's a lot. I mean, do you just mention nine hundred animals And I'm sure there's at least twice that number really in her area or more that aren't getting that help that we want to provide. When this is over, we're unfortunately going to find probably more deaths amongst people and animals than we're going to have the stomach for. But LA as a whole has been hit really hard.
Speaker 2: Well, I think Gary that thanks to our collaborative efforts, we did a phenomenal job with the search, secure recoveries in the eating fire, and we are you know, we're thirty miles away from the Palisades, and it's not our service herea that's La Animal Services. So I really haven't had a chance to even catch up on how their rescue recovery efforts went. But I know that at the Eaton fire, thanks to you and so many other partners, it was just the most amazing experience to see how we all mobilized and worked around the clock to help every animal you needed our help.
Speaker 1: How do your field teams actually work?
Speaker 2: This is an interesting thing is that none of my animal control officers are fire trained and equipped. You have to have a lot of special safety equipment, and my understanding is not a lot of the LA County officers are either. So organizations like Mary's and the ASPCA and the North Valley Animal Disaster Group and Kern County Animal Services came in and they had the strike teams that are properly trained and equipped to go behind the fire lines. And so for us, we did not send our officers behind the fire lines. But food is important, as you know, Martha, and so we made sure that we were getting three meals delivered for two hundred people every day to our shelter. And when the strike teams went out, they were already had their breakfast, lunch, all the beverages they knused, so they didn't have to come back for lunch, and they would go in and get the animals and then meet our officers at the fire line so our officers could transfer them back to the shelters, so that these specialized folks who were trained in the rescue could focus all their efforts on the rescue, and we were providing support on the other side of the line.
Speaker 1: How are you tracking pets who've been separated from their owners and how do you reunite those pets with their owners? Oh well, we made a huge effort to keep all of the animals that have evacuated during this time at pasading Emain, doing whatever we could in terms of popping up temporary shelter and our public training, the classrooms and everywhere else we could so that all the animals would be there. They were well cared for by our thousands of volunteers and one hundred and fifty staff members and five full time vets, and so when people were coming to look for their pets, they only had one place to go, or if they had left them in our temporary custody, of course they knew where they were. But there were a few problems because well these are sad problems, because some people who thought that they were just bringing us their pets to provide temporary care while they evacuated, then found out that they had no homes to go back to, So that's turning into a much longer custody and care situation for us. But we are committed to keeping all of those animals first, as long as it takes for those families to rebuild their lives and take their pets back, because when you've lost everything else, you certainly don't want to lose your pet. So we have the fabulous network of foster families, and you know, we'll wait just a little bit longer before we start really deploying these animals that we know are going to be with us for a year or more to foster homes they're willing to care for them, and as far as the injured strays coming in.
Speaker 2: This is a really really really important message about and we talk about this all the time, Gary, Right, everybody needs to microchip their pet. If you're pets, the way that they're going to get back to you is through microchip. But we've had families who are coming in and not recognizing their own pets because the animals are stressed, they are burned, they are you know, have smoke in elation and dehydration and they're not even responding to their owners. And the only way that we were able to connect owners with their pets was by you know, they said, well, my pet was black, and so we're like, well, let's scan all ten of these black cats and see if they have microchips, and then we make the reunification from the microchip.
Speaker 1: So people should really pay attention to those kinds of very important safety feet safety things, yeah to do.
Speaker 2: It's a great opportunity to say, everyone, please microchip and license your pets so that if they ever go stray, we can give them back to you without ever having come to the shelter.
Speaker 1: I've been hearing about some of the injuries like burned paws and burned fur and what are other injuries that they're suffering.
Speaker 2: Well, there was one really sad case of a dog we had who was actually in the car evacuating with his family, but somehow jumped out of the car and then we our teams went in and rescued that animal. Later all four paws were completely burned, but the animal was fine, a fine. I think it was a cat. Actually, I'm sorry it was a cat. I mean, we had some terrible situations that we heard of of people going behind the fire lines who were not authorized and making animals pets and saying these people must be horrible people because they didn't evacuate with their pets, not really day at work or doing something else. The legal first of all, pets are property. You're seizing someone's property. Any animal that comes out of that situation needs to go immediately to the shelter so that we can try to reunite it with a true owner. But to blame these victims who had no choice about leaving their pets behind, it's just been really infurigating.
Speaker 1: Do you have enough resources to help all the displaced pets, enough veterinarians, enough medications? Do you have enough of that?
Speaker 2: We have been so fortunate and so desperately needing the outpouring of support that we've received from the community. We encourage monetary donations so that we could just quickly source and supply whatever materials we needed when we needed them, such as specialized medical supplies and whatnot. A lot of people still want to donate, you know, bowls and leashes and toys, and at first, actually that created a little bit of a second crisis for us because we were so happy that they were coming, but there were so many people dropping off supplies that I mean, we had tons of supplies. And I was on an interview with Larry Mantle and our public radio station of Blockdown, and he said, yeah, our employees could not get to work because there were so many people dropping off supplies at Pasadena Humane. And so we quickly were able to partner with another shelter in our community at San Gabriel Valley Humane Society, and we asked, you know, can we just direct people to you to drop off the stuff. And thankfully they have a field behind their shelter, and we need this stuff. Because then we rented as many U haul trucks as I could find and started putting all the stuff in the trucks and supplying the pasta convention center with whatever they needed for the families who were sheltering there with their pets. And then we were supplying pet owners who just needed help through our shelter where they could come and just take whatever they wanted, whether it was food or whatever they needed. And then also once we had the strike teams in place, then we set up kind of a drive through where all the trucks that were going out to behind the fire lines could drive by in the morning and stock up their trucks with food, water, so whatever they might need out in the field.
Speaker 1: Did any shelters get burned?
Speaker 2: Not to by awareness, that's good.
Speaker 3: The generosity has been incredible. I mean, Dia was just talking about up in Pasadena, but you know for us here in San Diego where we brought animals in from Pasadena Humane and we've learned so much, right do you know? We've learned through all of the disasters that have happened over the last fifteen years. We don't want to displace the animals that are separated from their owners. We want to clear shelters so that they can take in those animals. And that's exactly what we were able to do with Pasadena. But the generosity in La was incredible, But it also was down here in San Diego. We put out a call for fosters because we normally have anywhere from one thousand to three thousand animals in our care per day. Right now we're at about thirteen hundred. But people came in and they took our dogs. And that's incredible because you probably know there's been a dog situation across the United States where there are so many, so many dogs in all of our shelters, and people stepped up. We had eight hundred and seventy five foster applications within a matter of four days, and we really asked for the unicorn, which was someone who could take a big dog. We have lots of big dogs who didn't have a dog because our dog, the dogs don't always get along and probably didn't have children, so that they could take a dog that might not be for every family, and they were just able to step up. We basically got about forty or fifty really solid fosters out of all that. We're still getting them in, but it really it's heartwarming to hear that people really cared, they care deeply, and they came to all of our aid.
Speaker 2: Well, Gary, I'm sorry, but I can top those numbers because going into this, we had two thousand regular volunteers and probably at roughly one thousand foster volunteers, and in the past ten days we've had over the numbers have varied, and don't quote me, but I know it's been at least six thousand volunteer applications and yeah, so yeah, okay, right, that's awesome's and so I've been saying, you know, please be patient with us because you know, we're just dealing with a rapidly evolving emergency situation, having to deal with the immediate needs at times. So right now, we're trying to keep all the pets at the shelter as long as we can so that, you know, families can reunite. But eventually we are going to have to start putting a lot of animals into foster homes for longer term care. But you know, people keep calling back. I called, I want to foster, and it's it's not that we don't want your help, it's just that we can't respond to you right now, and we're gonna need you, so please stand by and we will get to you, and we really appreciate it. But right now, what we're trying to do is just get the monetary and other resources we need to properly care for these animals at our shelter.
Speaker 1: How do you rehabilitate I mean, it takes a while to heal a wounded animal, and they do, they stay right in the shelter.
Speaker 2: Well, Gary's a vets, so he'll have more details on this, but we have five full time vets on our staff, plus we brought in a lot of specialty vets who deal with species that we don't normally treat. We've had tortoises and cockatoos, and we had a goldfish. I think that's the first time we rescue a goldfish, but it came in a lon jar. So we've gone from goldfish just like a goldfish in a bowl, we've gone from goldfish to a bull.
Speaker 3: Well though there was also a a koi pon. The koi teams go in and actually go and tend to a.
Speaker 2: Koi pond, so one koi pon Gary. There were a lot of koi and those were very challenging rescue situations that reguard specialized equipment, and then we had to figure out where do we take the koi And so some of the gardens in our area were so nice. So Wisconsin Gardens let us bring koi, and then Huntington Botanical Gardens let us bring koi because they already have lots of koi pons. And so luckily this has been a big lesson to me, is that networking and relationships, that's not what you do when you're in the middle of the disaster. That's when all the networking relationships that you have already built just really pay off. And I can call Gary on his cell phone and say, Gary, can you send a truck up and take these animals out of here so that we can be here for the animals that need to be evacuated. And when you have those kinds of friendships with your colleagues and relationships between organizations, it's, you know, a true lesson in the real power of collaboration.
Speaker 1: So, if you're a pet owner, what are like three or four things you should do to prepare for such an evacuation. I mean, I can think of what I would do, But what do you suggest to people to do.
Speaker 3: We're always telling people that we are really wanting people to prepare ahead of time. DA set it perfectly. You take care of all of the planning before you need to start to execute. So definitely start with microchip Please entire world, please microchip your pets, microchip your horses, microchip your turtles. I mean, we do microchip clinics all the time, and I know Pasadena does as well. Santego Human Site is one of the most biodiverse areas in the country. We've got tons of not only wildlife, but also companion and livestock animals. Microchip everybody, Microchip your spouse if you're have to. So that's the number one thing. A caller with a tag still the old way works. That's a great idea. Make sure you have a couple of days, three days worth of hat, food, handy that you can just grab that because what happened in Los Angeles people having to leave within five minutes, you don't have time for anything. Have that bag ready, food, bowl, water, a couple of bottles of water just to take on with you. It really it could be a difference.
Speaker 2: Of life for that. You know, my pet was already with a pet sitter at the time because we had just traveled down to San Diego for a weekend, and so I didn't have to worry about my pet. But I knew I had to leave fast. And it tells you what's important. And to me, the one thing I grabbed was my son's baby book. It's heartbreaking you hear about So you have a if you have a cat, have a cat cage, handy.
Speaker 1: All those things. Oh yeah, so you could just throw the cat in the cage.
Speaker 2: And oh yeah, medications, medications, veterinary records, you know all that will be very help.
Speaker 1: Well, the veninary records, I mean, see that's something and probably people don't have that handy, just like they don't have their birth stritripic is handy, and they can't find all their personal papers.
Speaker 3: Another really interesting thing is we really tried to train people here to actually trailer train their horses, because if you can't get those horses out of there in something with an engine and wheels, you have lost the chance to save your horses. So definitely make sure those horses get trained to get into a trailer.
Speaker 2: And the trailer situation at Altadeen was a bit of a crisis at first, so you know, people who didn't have trailers, the ones that were able to keep getting back in, kept going in, bringing the horses, going back and going back in.
Speaker 1: Can you each tell us a really nice story, a nice a nice reuniting storys or something that's uplifting.
Speaker 2: I can go first. The one for me was there was a gentleman who was not able to evacuate with his dog, left the food and water. We were able to rescue the dog. It turned out that the dog had originally been adopted by this man from our shelter, and the dog had been tied an abandoned outside our shelter of fence when he had adopted him. So for me, that is a full circle story to have reunited that for taylored dog with that gentleman who adopted him originally for our shelter when he was abandoned and neglected. That's really kind of like give me chills.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's really nice. We have at San Diego. He mean, we have an emergency response team, which was what we were able to provide to Dia along with her troops. We trained them to go behind fire lines and we actually get them certified by CalFire and basically FEMA training that Calpire certifies. But they went have you ever heard of the Zorthian ranch in the LA area. Yeah, very famous place. Yeah, a lot of animals and these team members went behind the fire lines, had to hike really hours. It was precarious to get there. Actually, that's where they found the ball and the cows and other animals and we're able to provide food and water and make sure that they were okay. A lot of people know about those animals and that place has been around for well over maybe seventy five years, and I know it took some damage, but the animals were okay, And honestly, that's all that becomes important in the world is your family and your animals and make sure that that is okay and they were able to do that.
Speaker 1: What do you suggest that we here, like on the East Coast do to help.
Speaker 2: Really, honestly, Martha, monetary donations or the way that we respond not only to this disaster now, but I think Gary and I are pretty committed to working to continue to build a collaborative response network and animal welfare community to respond to other disasters. And we know that there will be more. And I think we have just demonstrated with this eaten fire like what can be done if you quickly mobilize, and that as nonprofit organizations, Geary and I are really nimble and quick. We don't have to deal with a lot of red tape and we can get stuff done. One of Kiri's people who I met in this her name is Summer, and she's one of the fire trained people, and she is just so wonderful and she and I developed a really special connection, and so she gave me a big hug, and she said, like, what we've done here has just been so amazing and the care you provided and food, and we also had mental health support on staff and chair massages and anything we think of to bring in to just keep the people going who were working around the clock. And so she we're hugging and she's talking, and she's and my PR manager is standing there and he says, so summer is what you're saying is like best disaster Ever, how became our little tagline amongst the group. You know, it doesn't sound like an appropriate thing to say, but you've got to have a sense of humor in this work on a good day and especially in the disaster. And it really was the best disaster response that I think most of those who are very experienced had ever seen because of the power of the collaboration. So give us two.
Speaker 1: Addresses that people can send funds to so that we have something real here.
Speaker 2: Do you what do you suggest Pasadena Humane dot org.
Speaker 1: Gary, do you have a suggestion?
Speaker 3: Well, we want to be able to help others in affected areas and ourselves with our emergency services, so I'd have to say Sdhumane dot org for San Diego humane, but really right now, we're not the ones that are needing it. It is really up in Los Angeles right now, but you know we're watching fires now. So I'd say even more importantly is to tell everybody around the country, you know, prepare for disasters more coming. We know that. Just make sure you've trained yourself and you can get your pets to safety and just be prepared.
Speaker 2: Well. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I am so sorry for everything that you're going through, and I hope that these fires stop soon. I hope the winds die down and we don't have too many more eruptions.
Speaker 2: I have one question for you, Martha, because I think just to help, is that I would love to invite you to come for a visit to Pasting, Maine so you can meet some of these animals. But I also I bet you have like a favorite dog biscuit recipe, and I think if you could share that recipe and just ask everyone to make some dog biscuits and take it to their local shelter, that we would have some very happy dogs.
Speaker 1: That's a very nice idea. We're a friend of mine, Aery Katz, and I are starting a new Instagram blog called Raising the Perfect pet and all of this stuff will be covered in that blog.
Speaker 2: Look for that.
Speaker 1: It'll be up and running shortly. But the first one was a recipe for making your own dog food, so which I do. We made fifty seven quarts of dog food the other day, and I wish, I wish I were closer. I could bring it to your shelter. It's so delicious.
Speaker 2: Well, just send me your send me your biscuit rep. And I'll post it and at least uh other people will I know, Thank you, I will all right.
Speaker 1: Well, Thank you Gary, thank you Dia, and and best of luck in the coming day. Thank you, Martha, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: What a pleasure talking to you.