Speaker 1: Yeah, what's up, y'all was going on Bro Drinks. He's a legendary Queen's rapper. Hey Hanks agree? Is your boy in OI? He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What Up is dj E f N?
Speaker 2: Together?
Speaker 3: They drink it up with some of the biggest players in music and sports.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: The most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk facts.
Speaker 1: This is drinks Champed. Every day is New Year's Eve.
Speaker 5: That's right, Hey Hanks agree? Hold this up means your boy in What Up?
Speaker 1: Is dj e f N?
Speaker 6: And this drinks mona fucker podcast makes.
Speaker 2: You've got some of that presents you guys on behalf of CBS.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, okay, and that's when Jeff, But they want to congratulate you on twenty five million listen.
Speaker 1: Wow, oh damn oh that.
Speaker 3: I don't get what.
Speaker 2: You knew it?
Speaker 1: You know this is going there. You didn't tell me you fucking that million and doing hip ho. We're doing it hip hop. So I would like to introduce.
Speaker 5: If you are into hip hop, if you if this is something that you say you love and this is something to say you adapted and you don't know these two brothers, and you don't know how these brothers shaped and molded the culture for everything that you love right now if it wasn't for these two people that standing besides me in front of me. Rather what hip hop is is because of them. They single handedly had their hands on the best artists ever. When you think about Illmatic, think about reasonable doubt about Biggie.
Speaker 1: They worked with the three top best.
Speaker 5: They continuously out here looking young, they out here and then and then the beat battle had just took place, and a lot of people with Swiss beats bigging.
Speaker 1: Him up and big up just Blade.
Speaker 7: But a lot of people don't know that these brothers been doing this for years, for years, they started it, and I am so proud to introduce and to represent people that I look up to personally.
Speaker 5: Pete Rocken, motherfucker DJ. You're listening, brothers. So I'm gonna be honest. The fact that both of you brothers had worked on my favorite hip hop album of all times, which is Illmatic.
Speaker 1: Now, I just want to.
Speaker 5: Take it from there, because was it because we had q Tip on here? And I believe q Tip. I think he said he suggested that he worked with them, or so how did Yeah, yeah, so was it large.
Speaker 2: Together?
Speaker 8: He oh wow, actual chief in command some week week actual the chief and command of mad Get.
Speaker 1: So you telling me you never heard of not both.
Speaker 3: Brothers and the thing is back. You know queen's artists, including yourself. For one, y'all rapped longer than any other with no hooks, and you know, love of visit is so New York like he'd be like yo, like yo, like like world like yo. He do that for like ten minutes before he said sence, he was like, yo, your prema got this.
Speaker 1: Do name the rappernas nasty? It wasn't last.
Speaker 3: In his lyrics, so he wasn't even nasty.
Speaker 1: He does it on hanging. He like the reppernas. Yeah, he says, you know.
Speaker 3: And so even rapping big noise, I figured, that's just the thing, that's a queen thing.
Speaker 1: That's a queen thing.
Speaker 5: And we got we got Pete Rock. I mean, we got premier drinking jim Bean out mother glasses when someone opened one for me.
Speaker 1: Please whatever, you're just so, y'all know that.
Speaker 5: So y'all know, y'all been y'all, y'all personally raised me. You probably didn't know that but it was so honor to work with both of you brothers. Your brothers are hip hop. When I think of hip hop, your name. I know both of your names start with A pete, but it feels like it feels like your name should be a.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: The first time I met you DN D. Let's go to D and D studio front door. You know what he's saying, Hey, y'o from man was something. Man, Yo, my name is Loui and the thing is the l A l A record. Yeah, okay, we got him drinking years old. Man.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, I know you're gonna do on whiskey and do something.
Speaker 3: I'll do this rocking nobody.
Speaker 1: You're trying to give him that shot and then you call another one.
Speaker 3: But but the crazy thing is when I heard l A l A, you opened up lids, Louise, Louise.
Speaker 1: That's how we do.
Speaker 2: For Pete rocket for. I used to hang in Queens with Flush.
Speaker 1: I heard you play unreleased on me Casina. Was that unreleased Flush versus.
Speaker 2: That was worldwide remix? I never put at that beat. That beat.
Speaker 1: We got to do that back for y'all. You're ringing for you all. I gotta do that beating for you.
Speaker 5: Also, big you up of plugging me in the Supreme and people don't know pe Rock was the person that plugged me in with the Creme.
Speaker 3: Know that.
Speaker 1: Let's make some Lloyd smoke, right, Yeah, I do, but I did.
Speaker 3: I didn't mind, you know, in ninety two. So let's another Herves still Flow. Now, let's still flow. Let's take it from the beginning Still Flow Premier. How did you in and Google?
Speaker 1: Even me?
Speaker 3: I met gool because it goes back to nineteen eighty seven into eighty eight. My good friend who's still my man, Carlos Garza in Houston, Texas, helped me get a job at the front regis he's and he's a boss Boston. So Wild Pitch Records is a husband and wife label shop Stu Fin and with that search search was later, Surge was later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just Stup Fine and his wife, no one else.
Speaker 3: They never rapp Promotion Guru was a person that would go over their house every day and then listening to every demo that came in. They had Latti already signed. Who's Apache Recipes? That's Apache's brother Wow, and did a lot of writing, you know with Latifa and in the Flavor Unit and he had a record call this cut got Flavored, which was big in.
Speaker 1: New York at the time. That isn't putting on the hiss. That's how forty five King came into doing the wild pitch work. And then Jill rob G came along.
Speaker 3: Who's also part of Lati's crew in the Flavor Unit, and he got signed a Wild Pitch Gangstar I got signed after that in nineteen eighty six, and so they had a rec call the lesson I wasn't in the group. Then three Gangstar goes through three different chambers. The first chamber was Big Sug and Gool Gangstar.
Speaker 1: It was Big Sugar.
Speaker 3: Gurul when when Goo was going to school at more House, right, so they they they were both from Boston, Yeah Yeah, And.
Speaker 1: It was Shug Brother swave D. They were the first Gang Star.
Speaker 3: Then swave D stepped out and it became two ms Damodiski, but Guru wrote all the rhymes and it was Guru and then DJ Mike D but he was called DJ want to Be Down Wow, but it's the DJ one. The number two name let her Be and Jay want to Be Down. It was one the number two let her be and then down want to be down. So he he has a brother named Gangstar t you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So all of that trickled down into the name.
Speaker 3: But Sugar and Guru originated again shot the Sugar everything he's doing, the things and movies now like yeah, we're working with Larry David all that stuff. So so from there, when Goo moved to New York, the rest of the members didn't. Sugar got locked up for a while, so now it's just grew on his own. But anytime work wouldn't involved with any money, no one would come up to New York to help him doing any movement around, hopping around to get get in the clubs, get on the radio, because they weren't. They weren't really getting radio played till they dropped their second single called Buster Move Boy, which is when I heard him. I was in New York at the time for the summer and Red Alert was cutting it up, mally Mal was cutting it up, and if they're playing it and I thought they were called game Stop because of his Boston accent.
Speaker 1: He's his gang sty but knowledge that's about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But this is right before how anything in control was just about to start bubbling but before Magic left. But uh, and Chillie Q used to be up there, and and and Kevin cav So when.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and YouTube of course we met. When I met with Google, I met you had the red stroglet the mic. Yeah, yeah, you had to go out.
Speaker 2: He's like fucked up and he's like, now keep it going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'll keep going. You'll keep going.
Speaker 3: But so from that point, uh, those three artists were the label Chier, Rob g Lati and Gangstar and forty five King was the only producer that worked after that after Donald D produced the first single. So from there, uh, Google used to go through a box of the demos when every time mail came in, because back then it was about mailing your stuff, walking it in. Carlos snugg my my my demo over to Stu.
Speaker 1: Just be your beat, you know.
Speaker 3: I was in a group called mcason Control and Texas and my MC was from Boston's name was top Ski top Ski. We're uh, we're uh.
Speaker 1: Where's a keno a Lord?
Speaker 3: Tops Key Sugar Pop And.
Speaker 1: They heard my demo but they didn't like my MC. They like me and they were like we really want you. But I was like, basically saying, like the beats right and my scratching. They were bugging off my scratches. So I didn't really want to leave my.
Speaker 3: Group, so I said, I can't do it. I gotta stay, stay doing what I do. Tom passed my MC. Pretty much got frustrated after going shopping other deals. We couldn't get a deal, so he said, I'm joining the military. I thought he was just bluffing. One day, we're at the house shot to Gordon Franklin, the whole Franklin family, Gary Arden recipes in Maryland, Franklin. We were staying at their house after we were going to college together. That's how I met them. And next thing, you know, the bell rings on the weekend and the recruiting officers at the door on Yeah. Man, he said, yea, I'm looking for Theodore Campbell. And I'm like, for what he said, he signed he joined the Navy, and I thought I was like, I thought he was lying. I'm like, yo, topgether on the basement because we all lived together, and he's like, yo, I'm out.
Speaker 1: He has his bag packed already. I'm like, how did you did you? Did you join he said for four years at MC? Yeah, okay, he.
Speaker 3: Said, four years and already met top of everything. I'm like four years, so I'm not gonna wait for you for four years. He said, Yo, I'm out do your thing. And that's when I called back to Wild Pitch, say yo, my man. My man left, so now I'm available to not be Lived in the group because that's my front man and the grouls.
Speaker 1: I gotta want you in the group. So that's how I joined Gangs start and then from there Googs. He's on my tape and Lord for Neess's tape.
Speaker 3: That's how Lord from Nes got signed to Wild Pitch, and that's how I ended up.
Speaker 1: That's the first artist I ever produced was Lord. Let's take some noise for that. LA is like that? Okay, So now how did you meet? Y'all went to school together.
Speaker 2: Went to school together.
Speaker 8: Through some street guys, and you know when I heard, you know, they was telling me he could rap or whatever.
Speaker 2: And when I heard his voice in high school because he was always a producer.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, in the hood, I started doing my high school parties djas. You know, I became a DJ in mynt RN motherfuckers, you know, flocked to so I met Clo. He had a distinctive voice. We did like fifty sixty demos in my basement on four.
Speaker 5: Track, four track, like and got signed off that ship, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: Like we was taking like dance to the drummers beat and making songs, you know, taking the break beats that man Lenny from the Bronx was put street beat and I would make betime to them. Since just normal ship.
Speaker 5: And then because it is like it's like the Bronx being a place of hippen right birthplaces, right, Mount Vernon is like.
Speaker 1: Cousin his cousins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so y'all had to have hip hop justice.
Speaker 1: You originally from the Bronx.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 8: You know, when I was young, I went to Bronx Room Park, not knowing what was doing on you know what I'm saying. All I know is I've seen a bunch of cool who was smoking, drinking and listening to hip hop.
Speaker 2: It sh had me. And then when I turned seven years old, I met James Brown.
Speaker 1: What wow, that's gonna change your cousin.
Speaker 8: Your cousin is my cousin of course, family, all right, bless some peace, bro. And you know he took me under his wing. And that's how I learned everything. That's how I met everybody before I even became who I was. I was Teddy Wiley, I was in the studio.
Speaker 1: How we team.
Speaker 3: Let's take it rimming this Soul with You, which is such an iconic song for an.
Speaker 5: Iconic song, but now that is about actual person, correct, Can we break that down?
Speaker 1: It's Troy right, It's on tour.
Speaker 2: Heavy Dena boys, you know him and canting plays road.
Speaker 8: Managers playing around, you know, we's always be on tour plane and they were playing with empty guards cancer throw them, throwing them, trying to hit each other and you know, never you know, mister steps when he was at the edge of the stage, I didn't know what and have called me and started to crying, and you know, the whole honey, all fucked up. Even today, to this day, I don't even know how I was able to listen to a record and make a beat because I was so destraught that but man, and the whole was he was.
Speaker 1: Infamous in the hood, but you know, legendary that I didn't, you know.
Speaker 8: And when I found the sample, you know, I was with Extra Pe when we was in Queen's and we were digging and I found the record, you know what I mean, and we you know, took it home, fucked with it, you know, and next thing, you know, I put you know, after the beat was made and everything like that, we got in the.
Speaker 2: Stuc came with the lyrics and it's like, but he didn't have the beat, like he already had the rhymes rope, but he needed a beat to match the rhymes. And that's very It was not.
Speaker 1: Easy to Yeah, that's magical for that to.
Speaker 8: So it melt it right and it was just like damn classic talked about his aunt and you know, did you.
Speaker 1: Know that was going to be as classic as it is? When you made?
Speaker 2: When I had Charlie Brown from me decisions.
Speaker 8: And he was there for the mixed up and we were just all that crying. I just let it out like I didn't even care if he, you know, who was around, because I was thinking about Troy.
Speaker 2: He started crying, and then the engineers started and I.
Speaker 1: Said, I think we got I think the day.
Speaker 3: You know. The only thing I don't like about that record is that wait, what what are you say is wrong about It's a lot of.
Speaker 1: So now I gotta take it to one of my favorite games, one of them the whole night mass appeal. What drugs was you smoking? That's the ruler era. Man.
Speaker 3: You know it's crazy because I mean everybody has the eras of getting lifted.
Speaker 1: I mean, now the pills they are, the young kids, they're crazy. That's not my thing.
Speaker 3: But I mean we all have ways of escaping and and uh, music and drugs and drinking and sex and all that sports. It has always been in a twine. But it's all about how strong your mind is or how weak your mind is.
Speaker 2: That I've always kept your.
Speaker 1: Grown mind to know how to turn the switch off and get back like manager properly.
Speaker 3: I'm glad, yeah you is.
Speaker 1: You know when I've heard that this happened.
Speaker 3: Me to that it was a good old day at ninety three into ninety four. That album came out ninety four, Folk Song came out ninety three. But I mean, though those were the good old days of just ye you know, you would torch before you go on the lab and start cooking something off and and and even with the one with that, I mean, my mind approach is still the same.
Speaker 1: So thank Goodness said that it is because I'm still active even if it is old. Does the work is still coming.
Speaker 3: We're still active, which we still are addicted to making beats and performing in DJing. We're like we're battling, Yeah, battle, you know what I'm saying. But Master Hill was a wizard, was a We was actually making it as a goof to radio because we wasn't getting regular rotations on radio as a hip hop group.
Speaker 1: But like who always.
Speaker 3: Said, we got platinum respect, So they came out the platinum artists are loving us, but we can't sell some on records.
Speaker 1: But everybody that that's platinum and selling millions of Love Gang Stars.
Speaker 3: We were like, let's make a radio making fun of radio, and I said, I want to make something that sounds like you're on the elevator going here.
Speaker 1: That was my mind stage.
Speaker 3: I wanted to make the records, you know, you know he elevators crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about your logic.
Speaker 2: Found the record that's closest to It's like, yeah, closest.
Speaker 1: To what That's what it is. There's a lot of times I.
Speaker 3: Pre hear the song and I'm looking for the stuff that matches my what I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: That's why the drums usually come first.
Speaker 3: But you know, because it's like, you know what it's going whatnots on this one. I'm going in pizza on this one, going sub on this one. You know, we can't already know where.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go.
Speaker 5: Talk got In the early days of my gang Start career, there's three people that really taught.
Speaker 3: Me how to get to the level, actually four of the level that where I should now I'll take anybody on. I'll Balanti. He taught me how to feel to show biz. D I t C from shows A taught me thinking about how to chop men. I learned how shot beat some show biz and then lost professor just showed me crazy tricks.
Speaker 1: That used to come to Miles and Hill with us because we we met me to hers and we used to go to Ms Mackenzie's house. Who's who's the DJs?
Speaker 3: The mom shirt cutting k scratch, I mean Kate cutting her scratch, So we used to go to the house. So I was around Large Pete a lot, and they were way more.
Speaker 1: Advanced on the d programming front from me.
Speaker 3: We all way into the records and the sampling, but my skill didn't really get to a point until around ninety two.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: When I started working on boom Bat with KRS because original rap, not that that song, but the majority of from the Mortal out of Here Mortal Carriers want attacks and you didn't.
Speaker 1: We still the lawn too. You killed that album. You killed.
Speaker 3: It was just a laugh at radio for not playing us. And then its going to be our biggest in that.
Speaker 1: Crazy you know, you know, you know what else I gotta I gotta go straight into it. I'm so sorry. Stick up the kids. That was a true story, just to get a rep. We just got idea.
Speaker 3: We were living in the Bronx on one of the third Street. I moved out of East New York and moved I was living in Yeah, we moved to the Bronx one of the third Street. That's how I met That's.
Speaker 1: How I met that.
Speaker 3: That's how I fancy from the n Y Jesus, That's how met Smiley together town Nutcracker, Cracker. I lived on one of the third and Andrews and they all they all lived down the hill on Andrews.
Speaker 9: Was in the hood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, middle was We got our first check. I was moving into and with brand from our sellers. Uh he he was about to be the music director for the Tonight Show with jay Leno. So he his wife and his son was still still living there before they moved down a they was, you know, so they were kind of back and forth. So at the time before he made Offishley moved he we all moved in together. So now Brandford, his wife, his son, and me and gul all living together on three seventy four Washington and Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: So we moved back to Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: We both bought our first brand new cars. And you know, I had had a whip already, but I'm up the m PV. The car over the time, for sure, but it was very famous every yeah, the car videos. One of the minds a Jackie Boy car because it was the sound system. Everybody knew me for him around the way. So when when that happened, Guru by a four Runner. These werein the four Runners new.
Speaker 1: Style body style.
Speaker 3: Grew got into a problem with some dudes in Brooklyn and uh he yeah, and then and they took the car. They took Tom Tom passed when looking at the cats, looking at the cats, couldn't find a car.
Speaker 1: One day we just poured GPS. Yeah, one day we're.
Speaker 3: Moving around, we see the car start chasing after the guy going after him his high speed chase. Cops see us start chasing too, going after him. He's like, that's our car, that's our car. Because they want to pull us over. They go after the car that he keeps on driving. He the driver hits an ice cream truck and dies.
Speaker 1: Oh ship, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's crazy because Grew had a picture of the day he got the car, and he's in front of it going.
Speaker 1: Like like, yeah, I got my car.
Speaker 3: Were going to the precinct where they brought the car and it was all switched in and everything from the from the crash and it was all.
Speaker 1: Switched up and grew, So I got to take a picture body's standing by going before I sold.
Speaker 3: He said, I'm writing a song about this, and we wrote the song with the and see the album only has two verses. When we came up with the video with fab for Freddy and did that, he said, we need that. That's me swatching there there hook, I mean their voice on Funky for You.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's so so fab fire.
Speaker 3: Freddy said we need a closing way of the video, and being it that the guy did die in the end, he said, we gotta do a third versal. Guru or the third verse, and that's why the twelve minutes has a diffinite type of a bounce, and it's been re recorded three.
Speaker 1: Verses nineteen ninety.
Speaker 3: So yeah, isn't that crazy that we actually found a dude to took off after the cops go after after us, and once we say, you know, we're trying to get our car back, and the dude running and crashed karm up for your ice cream truck.
Speaker 2: That's why you gotta love game star.
Speaker 1: This is why you got it a love true star. You got it now, Pete, the world is sure. I was hating that now.
Speaker 2: That means I was instilled though when he heard the beat.
Speaker 4: Ship Hold on, hold that, hold up on a second, because I want to say, arguably might be my favorite record on him my back is my favorite album of all time.
Speaker 2: Wow in mind too. Not because I'm on it. It would have been my favorite even.
Speaker 1: If I ain't on it at all.
Speaker 2: I'm glad I was made.
Speaker 5: I just want you describe he was there. He was there just to watch, all right. So now you meet this kid that lost professor. Yes, it brings you to them, Yes, and then they say they want you to work on.
Speaker 2: Came up to mom vernon.
Speaker 8: Okay, And there's a story where I had not waiting. I didn't even realize. I don't even remember. He said that.
Speaker 2: I was in the car talking to a girl and he was behind me.
Speaker 1: But you know, if it's people behind me to get out, you know what I mean. But he waited. He just stood in the car shot.
Speaker 2: I'm still we got it together. We got downstairs right, going through a couple of as SPEK twelve hundred this right, the first three, the second one I discome put in. When I played it, he just said, oh wait, wait, wait, wait, wait a minute, and he just stood there. I was like, okay, that.
Speaker 3: Means he likes it.
Speaker 1: I just knew it, you know, And this is the world is you? Was he saying, He's like, you want to single?
Speaker 2: I want you to do the whole well, you know, got some hip hop ship. And then we got in the studio, went to Battery. That's where we did it, you.
Speaker 1: Know, bat that's our job O record. I watched later Scratches one tape.
Speaker 2: Premo came in there and I did the Scratches take.
Speaker 1: I think I was the quietest I've ever been to this like this looking and I was just like, but the world don't know. Does the world know? Who knows?
Speaker 3: Is like?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Back again? Time was half time? Okay, what about back to the grill again? Was he back to the grille before? Yeah? Yeah, building at this point right, so yeah, the buzz already this was crashed.
Speaker 8: Through mad because super was out when it was done and finished, man, man.
Speaker 2: Like, that's done. His three join us on.
Speaker 3: Shot and half three at the time that all had represented, but not the one on the album. The one is on the allmatic is a remix?
Speaker 1: What not the one on the single?
Speaker 3: No, just the one that's the one is on the album period. The one is on the album period is the remix? I had the baseline?
Speaker 1: Yo, hold on, what's the original represent? I don't have to keep you it up there?
Speaker 10: Do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I can't believe I'm I'm crazy. I make that story because I still can't believe. What is this? This again?
Speaker 3: We celebrate over twenty five million, twenty being congratulated by yeah, man.
Speaker 1: Around, that's another round. I knew I wanted another flack. I just didn't know I was gonna get a podcast. What hip hop? You the fact that you know?
Speaker 5: I don't know if you guys know, we only interview legends, not because we don't have love for the new generation, because we do.
Speaker 1: But I feel like in hip hop, hip hop is the only place that you get ten years in, you get fifteen years in and they say you.
Speaker 3: Old, and they're right, we're all old older, but we have old Thomas music.
Speaker 1: But we are true to what we do, absolutely believe in refuge.
Speaker 5: So I just want to keep the interviewing legends and for us to have a twenty five million flack congratulations, congratulations then and I hate you.
Speaker 1: Why would he knew he had? When did you get the bro?
Speaker 3: Listen?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I didn't know?
Speaker 5: And then big up r big up the sidebar my boy Raoul J Heron DJ Heron definitely, man, you know what I got. You always got a big up a Heron Because if you go to a Hera party, you coming around, it's real pop.
Speaker 1: The bitch is going to be there with the sneaker scoff with the that's real hip hop. When the chicks got their hells on, that's not hip hop. Like you got your sneakers. Gotta be dirty to a certain extent, you know what to be real hip hop?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: So you do the world as your Yes, you said after you did the record, you was just happy for him, very happy.
Speaker 5: But did you did you had the foresight to think that this guy would actually like you know, this guy.
Speaker 1: Was gonna blow.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of anticipation when you guys were working on the project.
Speaker 11: The game.
Speaker 8: It was like rock him again, right, Yeah, he stood in his own light, but he was in poppy by.
Speaker 2: The WHOI rapped the rock?
Speaker 1: No question, you know question? But was open?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That was that was That was one.
Speaker 3: This was new.
Speaker 2: I've been coming and we were confident and he was confident.
Speaker 6: And I was happening.
Speaker 3: Were there a lot of records on that project that didn't make the project that you guys are?
Speaker 1: Was that the only beat you made? Oh so it was one and one hit her quit? Now the repe that go in what was blowing away from?
Speaker 5: And then you tip at the remixed you talk about okay, yeah, yeah, that remixes had me all upset.
Speaker 1: Wait oh wait, wait wait your competition like in a good way, like damn.
Speaker 2: Should I should have just did a quick remix?
Speaker 3: You know, but they're both amazing. Yeah, and it's totally different, you know, different approaches.
Speaker 2: His Town's amazing. Q tip shout out to him.
Speaker 1: I saw brother, So now you did, you said? Three joints represented by Memory Lane in New York State of Mind, Memory Lane, I don't remembory, ain't member Lane, bemer Lane Man Me and me and NAS had a debate on that one because I actually didn't like that one. This is prime. This is the crazy way. I mean. I've been in the studio with Free Vow. Yo, you're really a perfectionist, yo, because I do it on the spot. Yo, you really are perfected.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: I'm winning six times. Get a beat right? And he says he came to me. He came to me and said, what's your rom Nikola? I said, drop, I don't believe my bug never made That's an incredible Then you made the beat in two fucking seconds, flack. Is that No, that's not a big records when I performed.
Speaker 5: But the thing about it is is that what you have to you have to hear the voters first time, because now, but what all particular.
Speaker 3: Is one of the best hip hop as so much definite, so much from understand. I was on the War Report and now you got me on another and and allly that this is the year reunion that merged as a solo artist too, I mean your first, your first no sick is sick thinking, I.
Speaker 1: Mean like that, like to this day.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry, so I want to get Backti bating. What happened was we wanted a premo be so bad right everybody, and for some reason our schedules was messed up. And then we went to D and D. We went to D and D and I felt like he needed something from us and we just kept wasn't giving it to you?
Speaker 1: And then you just remember it was the sixth section. You said he's after going and.
Speaker 3: And screened on it and I was like yo, and I'm just saying, oh god too. And I was like, yo, just meet me this, you know, I know he's on and he was like yo, mane like you know, break and in that day and you can't even like thirty. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, sorry the crazy He said, what's your opening line?
Speaker 5: And I said that so you had that rhyme already. I had the rhyme already. I just was waiting for something perfect to go because that fit perfectly. I said it and he said say it again.
Speaker 1: He meant. I was like, right, my mind.
Speaker 3: I was like.
Speaker 1: About to be at the television.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my turntable set up on a big old nineteen seventies television with the with the wood never with the.
Speaker 1: Record player on the twos, and I got the turntable in the mix on there.
Speaker 3: Capone sat right there and going, yo, I still can't believe I got a turntable on a television.
Speaker 1: Seven round there, And that's what he said.
Speaker 3: He said with the fifteen fan, I mean, with the panasonics, with everybody in the hood and the projects have a radio.
Speaker 5: What we got to do right now, Premo is describe D and D Studios because that's like I'm pacle hip hop. The studios was actually not nowhere neighborhood, nah, but it was motherfucker.
Speaker 1: It was block though in the city. But once you get into dn D, you in the project.
Speaker 2: But that was at that was.
Speaker 1: That was a heroin block. Even when we started working there in ninety two, that was a heroin block.
Speaker 3: So during that time, a renovant private before y'all started coming, it was drug central and there was no lights, so it was very dark. They ran a newspaper right across the street, so we used always beat with them. And it was a lot of fighting and threats and and I'll go get my gun and all this crazy stuff back then, and and it was just I remember Heavy Diglis who came out and said, do we really got to finish the sound here?
Speaker 1: But you demanded the people give everything that.
Speaker 3: So have.
Speaker 1: I had to go. I went. I went and went over to Hip Factory to finished working for them. And he was like, Yo, this is Ryaney frame. And I was like, Yo, that's how I do it.
Speaker 5: You had a machine that had Philly cigars and what is it called the machine machine?
Speaker 1: The Vendom machine and Philly Did you have callers in there as well? I think you'd call it.
Speaker 2: It was kind It was.
Speaker 1: The way the dude we had to restock at least every week what.
Speaker 3: The philis were being.
Speaker 2: Know, I kid you not.
Speaker 5: I used to be like, because you know, every time we used to go to the studio, we always stopping cigars. But we went to DNNG and we never stopped. We said just go straight there. It was a little bit like more expensive, but it was like working. Recently, Pete Kanye and jay Z just hired you.
Speaker 1: To do a joint Describe what what was that like going on being black scene. Okay, I'm sorry I didn't.
Speaker 2: So he was being a kid in the candy store with me. Kanye gotten this new whip brand, new whip tags, doing me and him kid cutting in Hawaii's burning the road from zero to sixty in less than three seconds. That's that's how hot that got pulled over, Oh police, because he's Kanye.
Speaker 1: But now when he gives you that call, because at the end of the day, you represent the purest form of hip hop. So when you get a call from Kanye, what is your first reaction.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to bring all my knowledge around.
Speaker 8: And when I got there, he actually impressed me with what he knew what I'm saying and from my interluce to just like music in general.
Speaker 2: And how he respects him. So I knew he was on to something good from the start.
Speaker 8: So I started helping him out like run away all asking in the bathroom, helping him out doing little beats, you know, you know, just hitting it popping. But when we got together and did the joy, I didn't know jay Z was gonna be on. My engineer at the time was young girl, so young at the time at that time, So I was working with him, and you know, he called me and he said, Yo, listen to this and I was driving at the time, and he needs some boy scout on there and that was familiar to me.
Speaker 2: Pulled over her son who he's like, listen, listen. He played it against and I had to do that. Is that jay Z finally get something together and finally he finally gets on the feat and it happened through Kanye, So.
Speaker 1: The racket drive real good.
Speaker 2: I was happy for that, even though Primon was already you know, deep into jay Z music.
Speaker 1: Let's make now premon you were actually on reason moved out. A lot of us done to D and D. That's correct, credits say D and D.
Speaker 5: So now this kid comes from now you already worked with NAS, albums already outre you already crowned the top producer. But now this guy comes to you. He got some Brad, But I know you. You don't give a fuck about Brad.
Speaker 1: I know you, And did you know him from original flavor?
Speaker 3: I know before that before I knew Jay, probably about eighty seven because jazz O was on your mind. And even when we got signed to your mind, which was through Christmas the same distribution, Jay was Silver would always come up there with Jazz. Oh so, anytime Jazz would show up to any club or whatever, Jay was always with him.
Speaker 1: And back then Jay had the big long lukie case were go get squashed with. Yeah, we were talking about that drink chances squash And uh so, being he comes to you, what does he say to you? He says, pream because you've seen him in the industry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and one thing about cream cream don't give everybody a beat. Now, you got to prove yourself as a real MC to get a beat. So what did jay Z do that you said?
Speaker 1: I'm well, even when it got to the point of him hanging with the original flavor.
Speaker 3: But that's when I was selling the Bronx and each other live down the block Ski so that down university down there, down the other way, down the hill, familiar from where we were. Uh you know, he goes uphill down everything, down the hill, up the hill were they were, down the hill from from where I was. And uh so, being a new j already, it's crazy because Big l Well was already saying, yo, you know if you notice a big l with with with Jay a lot, but also Ja managed right, Yeah, Yeah, they were they were merging into doing some work, which is how the rocket fellas situation was about to happen.
Speaker 1: But but I knew Jay also aside from the jazz oh winning through King.
Speaker 3: So you see him with Caine, mister misters from l G projects. Yeah, and then Missus moved in.
Speaker 1: I think it was just on at somebody's house right now, people in your own come on, it's a family. We spread love.
Speaker 2: Getting my job.
Speaker 3: People there are about the hot contact because I've seen people go and I'm like, hey, you know.
Speaker 1: You know you told me to and I want you to finish your story please.
Speaker 3: Fans all right, but I was.
Speaker 1: Actually drinking with Joe Pesty one night. He us right now, you did.
Speaker 3: Know it was.
Speaker 1: The fans like he would not let me take a shot.
Speaker 5: But I look at and this is old school because in the nineties, so everybody else from Queens moved to Long Island. I was the only asshole to move to Jersey and so I was, you know, I was amongst you know there for some reason.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but I always moved next to the tire in my field. I'm sorry, I don't know, but it's always something I live. You are looking at the queens rear ready.
Speaker 5: I was going, oh yeah, bunch, I always with hard up Italians and and they just went and I say, why why I gotta look out the eye? They said, because in the mafia, if a person can't look at you the eye and they take a shot, that's the person's gonna shoot you. And you know, back then it was like that, you know what I mean, it's not normal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been living by that, and I've been when somebody don't do that, I would say, hey, excuse me, you just always look at me, and it's a it's a very very fun thing.
Speaker 1: Well general, they can't look at you in the period it's reasonable down.
Speaker 13: So by the time you got the reason you did on reason three I did. I did the Evils at just three for three and anybody man full man and three yep, I mean, and and.
Speaker 1: You gotta also to manage me. You gotta manage me. By that time, me and jan knew each other so well. But you know, I was doing for w b l S at the time and I was doing radio.
Speaker 3: So Clark can't brought jay Z up there to let me uh here in my lifetime. The single that they themselves the original because they the I can't get with that with false money. As I met sau So when they brought it up during my commercial break and I heard it, I was like, yo, I'm gonna play this. Had a lot of commercial break.
Speaker 1: They're like, but you just listen to you gonna You're gonna play it now. I'm like, yeah, open the show with it. Next thing, you know, Jay's like, you know, I got something before you give me a bottle Crystal.
Speaker 3: I didn't know who Cristal was because we were still drinking more and he's like, you know, this is the real deal champagne right here. There's a big, big ball of stuff. I was like, cool, and I saved for years and years save the bottle. Yeah, I'm finally drinking, you know, and that now for you know, Jay, don't fucking Crystal.
Speaker 1: But we don't go. I don't forget about so yeah. So now the space now space yea, So that's not the best, but it's okay, you know. I say that was a birthday party.
Speaker 3: Was the first time I take the space because Jay came to the birthday party and was like, I think nothing never tasted that.
Speaker 1: He said, oh no, he pour poured me a glass and we had slammed down. I'm on a whiskey. I'm a brown liquor guy, whiskey. Gud Now, let me before we get into this, into the interview.
Speaker 3: So, so Dame approached well, Jay approached me about it since we had had a friendship already, and then he introduced me to Dame.
Speaker 1: I used to see Dame and in the Bronx walking his dogs all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he always had his dogs, and he was walking around because he was going to see Chubby Chubb.
Speaker 5: And Steve because he was handling managing them, and said, Chubby Chubby, Chubby Chuff d Yeah, j.
Speaker 1: Chummy Chuff original flavor. As it's a big DJ in Boston. In Boston, Okay, Boston.
Speaker 3: So, so Dame used to be around there walking his dogs all the time. So we met then, but it was just small talking. We were just you know, everybody knew Gangshaw was at the time.
Speaker 1: We were we were known enough.
Speaker 3: So from there, Jay said, this is gotta handles the business. So I went down with him, tolding my much. I said, because it's Jay, it's all love. I'm only gonna charge you four thousands, which was very very very lucky.
Speaker 1: And I don't believe in luck, but that's a blessing for me to give you that type of number. We went in the back. They gave me the cash and I started getting busy.
Speaker 3: Now Jacob.
Speaker 2: And and and and here you go.
Speaker 3: So Jay called me and said, I got this song called the Heavil. He explained it to me, and my god, he explained it to me. Then he wrapped the whole song on the phone. Then after he wrapped it on the phone, then he gave me the scratch idea and said, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: He said, I want to judge, So he had it all mapped up.
Speaker 3: You saved me.
Speaker 2: He got my mind.
Speaker 1: I can't die. I can't.
Speaker 14: Even though he said, make it go, I can't gave you. He knew that he knew the samples. He want, not sample to make the beat. He just he gave me the idea of how to. He said, this is the apps feel I want musically, but I want you to, no matter what you make, do these scratches. And I went down there and I said, yo, I'll be ready by the time you get there.
Speaker 1: And it was ready. And when he walked in, I said, the scratches That's what I'm saying that he the cut. He said, hey, yeah, estamples, he picked that already on the phone on the phone, so so he had that well thought out and you know, so crazy.
Speaker 3: Him and Biggie's are always lay the cup vocals. And then they both to leave and go all right, do.
Speaker 1: The premier thing. And they both said the same thing, do the premier thing. They wouldn't sit there like y, I gotta watch you, man, I gotta make sure it's right. Do the premier thing.
Speaker 3: Were going out and they would leave and let me just do my thing. I might have said, you did it in the first dround.
Speaker 1: You know I'm good.
Speaker 5: So now, Pete Rock, you established your super producer. You if you've done everything you work with the best, what makes you say I want to do a whole album?
Speaker 1: First off with Duck Down before smoke this, because you you did a whole He did the Loud, the joint on Loud, did Smith.
Speaker 2: And Wesson Soul Survivor too?
Speaker 1: With Yeah.
Speaker 2: Everybody Aloud?
Speaker 5: You know it was crazy and then the best make you say, you know what, I'm gonna do a whole project with Smith and Wesson.
Speaker 2: I think it was just the all and it just made me say, you know what, Damn, I love all these two. If I could make a joint with him.
Speaker 8: Then I went to Steve. He was with the idea. I knew he could make make it happen, you know. Then I was on the label they signed me, and I was like, wow, okay, the one album deal. But I said, no, I'm gonna make this one real good.
Speaker 2: I'm saying. And then look I got the count and hand me. Let me just see what's happen. And then boom, I'm just go in and start.
Speaker 1: Thinking in the half man and now you got a joint.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 1: The ship with me and you house most strange, real close with each other, like are we talking strange food right now?
Speaker 2: You know we're talking. We're talking and the fat albat Johnson the ship on.
Speaker 1: So there, Yeah, had I had such a great time studio What was the green studio? Yeah you was? You was green Street? Yeah you know you look at my memory memory of Pete it was Green Street, but that was way down to that was that was his. That was like Jamie friends in my house.
Speaker 2: The flood I came in right after that and the whole story.
Speaker 1: About you missed.
Speaker 3: It was like.
Speaker 2: Shot a bullet holes.
Speaker 1: Bullet holes in the warm. It's still in the wall. God damn, that's makes some.
Speaker 2: Regardless, you know, it was a great time and great test was my home.
Speaker 1: That's so who was it? It was me? Pun in common, Me, pun in common. What a combination? That's yeah.
Speaker 2: Me and pun got real tight.
Speaker 10: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: No, listen, Pete, let me just tell you something. We were so hoarded to come back if we had a ball or the pieces. It was Green Street Studios.
Speaker 5: I could never forget it because you know, Pete showed me and I remember I had the Cardier frames on at that time too, and I also and I also had a very important sweater on and I worked from Miami. It was called because this is the guy who designed Iceberg. But then he went and did his own thing and I forgot what it was called. But it was some fly ship and I bought it from bout Harborough and I only wore the peate rock super got that makes a noise.
Speaker 1: So now, you guys, you work with knobs, You worked with ja Have you ever worked with Beg? You never worked a bit?
Speaker 2: He'd been to my crib. He was picking my in the little beats and he's like, you know, and then you know he heard the idea of juicy at my baseball you know, the one that brought Big to the to my house. You know, we all from.
Speaker 8: Puffers from dell Avenue and Mount Vernon and do it bigg to the crib and he's just like, yo, Big, He's like, yo, I just won't see how you make a beat.
Speaker 2: And then I made this be called uh that's a song called in the Flesh on the main ingredient, and I made that. He wanted it, you know, but it didn't.
Speaker 8: Happen somehow, but we ended up using it for an hour. But he was there and saw the process.
Speaker 5: But now described that because now you know offers from Malvern So you look at him like a pier. But now do you do you realize that this guy that he just rung to your studio is the most legendary.
Speaker 1: Person in the world. You knew what you do already.
Speaker 5: The order was because I think puff came on the show and he's squire big as disruptive, Like his look was there.
Speaker 1: Did you get that feeling?
Speaker 2: I didn't even pay attention to that. I was I was about to skip.
Speaker 1: The lyrics.
Speaker 2: Homely, I got to beat the match, you know what I mean, let's keep some poppings. But he heard the idea of juicy and just you know, I didn't actually do the actual rich, but I.
Speaker 8: Ended up doing the remix and that was the only thing I get big at them. But you know, if you know he did pick beats, you know, we just didn't get a chance to him.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he knew what he wanted to rap to.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, now you primo, how did you first meet there? I met Big when we moved actual Brooklyn's for green living with Branford, not in a lot of rough places.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah we will this way when Branford, when Brandford Valley officially moved out and went to California, we turned this place into a frat house, party house. Was jes was where Washington life yet and green and this Brooklyn yeah brook Okay, it's old school Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Ye, so that you can get get spots every other storm shot coming out. He's like you that shoot him up corner and it's not this is not this is not the vegans.
Speaker 3: This is this is himpster, hipster, the old English. Yeah you know this when Biggie wore the same green. This is when in Biggie the Biggie wore the same green on me Jack and the sleeves were about the right ri showing, but he bore it all the time. I knew Nino Chico sees Kim.
Speaker 1: Would they bring you this guy?
Speaker 3: No, Miss, I gotta give mister c the credit, miss, But he's from the beginning with Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was annoying me, like yo, he wouldn't be I g yet he was Biggie Smalls and I mean somebody else had Biggie small, so that he just dad. But I used to a lot of shoulder with Caine, and there was times that I couldn't.
Speaker 3: My turntables got damaged because back then you carried your equipment on tour and uh.
Speaker 1: And you're right, d he want he wanted to still bring his He got run out, mister his.
Speaker 3: Turntables right before Caine took the stage so the gang start could perform so well.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 3: He lived right down the block from all the weak spots that we knew, and so you gotta go out, mister Sea and the wet spots right there, the new one, the one is like oh no, no, that one was dead this one and so the nice Franklin Abe. So then during that time, Missus steves to call me go pream Biggie Small, Biggie Small.
Speaker 1: I'm like, see, I'm gonna listen.
Speaker 3: To it, like, ex, give me some time weeks past, yo, Pream Biggie Small. That's why I'm like, yo, see before yeah right, yeah, just Biggie small and Biggie Small big. And I'm like, dude, I'm gonna listen to it because we're pretty busy that at that time.
Speaker 1: I read it Monday, I listened to it, liked it like the demos that I heard, And then I met Big on the corner. I was going to the corner store.
Speaker 3: Me Guru, Big Sugar Dap, and Dap was in love with Little Kim, and Little Kim was like the way they like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, y'allkind yeah, that's this very shout.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And that family MELICOI Melkai got locked up for many homes, well home Melicott. You know, we all connected me jaw, all of us are still good. So uh So then Big was like, yo, see she told you. You told me he's been stressing you. I was like, yeah, I finally heard it. I said, we gotta get something in and then he goes, Joe puffing is that? This is what he said, Puffing is interressing, is signing me. So this is how far back before ninety he said, puff addressing and signed him.
Speaker 1: I said, dude, go with him.
Speaker 3: I said, puff of Puff not only has money, he got a vision. He gonna blow you up.
Speaker 1: He said, well, I don't know, man, you know, I want to keep his hood.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yo, he don't want to go with go with puff? Wow, you know, and then boom, next thing you know, Puff started coming around. And actually I tell people this.
Speaker 1: Puff was the first one, because Puff is the first.
Speaker 5: Remember state, Yeah, but so what was the first record you actually worked on with a big Unbelievable?
Speaker 1: Oh believe this is actually what trick. This is what trickleed. That was a single trickle.
Speaker 3: Down into why I gave jay Z and him the price a lower price for a reasonable doubt, because when we did Unbelievable the the the budget had run out for Big and I told Big, I don't have.
Speaker 1: Time to make a beat, and he goes, yo, I got five thousand dollars And I was like, you know, but we were already cool with each other.
Speaker 3: But I felt weird telling him no, But I really didn't have the time and I'm a person.
Speaker 1: Then Pete will tell you this. I make the beat on the spot.
Speaker 3: And now that's something that people don't realize. I don't have like twenty beats and go your pick one, like.
Speaker 1: Taking number six and number four number that's a real.
Speaker 2: Beat.
Speaker 1: They said that that's what they do. They make it to the artists. So I didn't have nothing for big. That was dope.
Speaker 3: You know. I'd be like, come on, man, I know you got something's like I don't. I really don't. You come here, we can make it big old. I don't care if you're taking piece of president and just some funny stab sounds and you know he knew the slag. Yeah, and you know what we're saying product in the production era. So he said, I don't give it's just some stabs.
Speaker 1: I said a word. So coming up tonight, then that's what happened. He comes up. I said, I'll take the five thousand.
Speaker 3: I said, but if you get a deal and you go platinum, I won thirty five thousand dollars per track.
Speaker 1: Wow. After after him, Yeah, we did the song.
Speaker 11: Negotiation it's crazy in this ninety five, there's ninety five.
Speaker 3: He comes in, we do the song. It becomes the B side of Juicy. It was like the street singles for Juicy. It was my first gold single.
Speaker 1: So I was a wow.
Speaker 3: As soon as he got the deal to up the money. I remember, he goes, yo, I got to check for it. You said thirty five, right, He said, I got. I got two of them and brought me to check and Puffy gave me the check and I was like, wow, he kept his word.
Speaker 1: Oh so this was it on paper. This is a word. It was like a handshake ship. Yeah, that's big. Damn damn, you learned it. So it's hip hop history. Getting thirty back, thirty five back then no triple, that's ninety.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 5: Now let me ask you, because you the reputation is like the most hip hoppis of hip hoppis now Janet Jackson.
Speaker 1: You work with Janet Jackson, You work with Christina Million, you worked did you work with Britney Spears?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: So just is crazy. As a hip hop producer. You get this call, what is your first thing to say for Christina?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because you know that wasn't her, dude, that put her on her ex husband JORDI had put her on some of my stuff, but she liked it. So she called me and goes, yo, I just heard the group home album. Oh Ship, that's that's wait what Christian she just heard?
Speaker 3: I met at the Chateau Mama down the hill on sunset you kind of front.
Speaker 1: In Germany, clean shatter.
Speaker 3: My moms with a lot of a lot of wigs, big wigs, lamp and drinking and get enough money. Right down the hill, it's right before tower, like right after the Beast Tower records or any little the big Tower records right there and it's got a big neon size and shout told my mom with bushes so you can't really see the spot.
Speaker 1: And she said, my rolls Royce is outside. I saw the white the white fan. I said, she's here, walk in. She's sitting there with Jordie. She goes, you know, I love Goopong and I was like, that's Brando pinpoint crazy Grimy is out like like like the jazz samples I used on some of the games.
Speaker 2: So she liked.
Speaker 1: She liked the jazz things. She like worked, she liked the Yeah she works like you know my Steves even though that was a song. But the song she was naming with joints like wow, that attracted you to want to work with me. Let's go in. And then we ended up we were suposed to do one record, which was called we were called back in the day.
Speaker 3: Next thing you know, she was like, Yo, stay here a couple more weeks and we just started banging out and turned it into five records. And then that was the first Grammy I ever got for a single, whereas you know, not for for being on the album. I got a Grammy for D'Angelo being up working on the album and for jay Z on Hannack Life. But to get one for the single is singles out all the other songs on the album. It's like, for that one song, you got a Grammy.
Speaker 1: So that was a big monumental name of my career. It was dope. It was beautiful. Man make a noise for that. God damn it.
Speaker 5: Who was it that you said, you work with them, but you wanted to see them right the rhyme and they face.
Speaker 1: It was somebody I forget. I'll work with them, but I want to see them right the rhyme right the rhyme. I think it was like a Justin Bieber.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, yeah, you know the cipher which I've been doing, that was the site there. Yeah, we didn't know the cipher for BT hip hopwa was gonna even get this big.
Speaker 1: It was an idea. Shouting shot to Jesse Collins and congratulations to.
Speaker 3: Jesse Collins for doing real well with a new edition story. That was his idea and it blew up and did really really well, did big numbers. And Justice is a good friend of mine. We arguing, fight a lot over and know it's wrong if you do it this way. You know it's right if you do it this way. We fight a lot, but he's such a good friend that we always find a compromise. When he brought up the idea of doing the cipher, it was a one time thing. It was Pat Poo's styles, p Remy who else was in it rom Fest and then it was a second one and those two I couldn't make it because I was on tour, so I had DJ Scratch fill in for me. I just gave him the beat and said let's keep it break beach only you know, because something now is that elevation and if you're like yo, man, I need something to turn up to.
Speaker 1: It's like, no, this is the pure form of how we do it. We're keeping the break beat, so are you're a producer on that PI specific thing. I picked the beat, I'll loop it.
Speaker 3: I'll do maybefore James Brown loop a break beef from Ultimate breaks and beats whatever, and I'll send those and whatever.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: Jesse's like, yo, I like this one. We'll clear it with whoever owns it, and then we'll send it to all the artists and we.
Speaker 3: Tell them sixteen bars and quick everybody's got ninety bars everything, and it's like they never follow the rules. Then they get mad, like yo, they edited my stuff. It's like no, he told you sixteen and quit right and again it was one time.
Speaker 1: Only. Second year comes around up to set cipher, They're like, we want to do it again. Now they got three ciphers, then that turning the four ciphers after that.
Speaker 3: Now it's starting to get ciphers where they're starting to put a lot of artists.
Speaker 1: That I'm like, nah, nah, they can't rhyme, don't put them in there.
Speaker 3: And it's going into that stage of it where now it's like where they're popular, they're no more known than the kill them seas. I'm like, yeah, but if you're taking away the skill that that causes problems with the authenticity. And that's why I have a problem because I wanted to stay authentic. Yeah, but all the fans love them, and they're on TV and they're on every video, and these other guys nobody's paying attention to them. I'm like, well, you know what they're going to pay attention to when they see how dope they spread beat. So we always have that fight. One year, they say, yo, what do you think of Justin Bieber was spitting on the sipher. I said, I don't know he heard it, as long as he writes to rhyme and if it's a dope rohm, let's do He said, what if somebody else writes?
Speaker 1: I said, no, that was it with roomors being saying that I mentioned this person this person.
Speaker 3: No, it was just as simple. If he's going to do it, let him spit. And and so next thing, you know, it's next thing he turns in the whole campaign and showing him spinning versus on radio stations on that, and I'm like, yo, I work with Justin Bieber as long as it's authentic, let's rock. I don't care if it's Justin Bieber.
Speaker 1: I don't care if it's Mary Poppins. If it's authenticless rock. That's how important is that for you guys?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 1: Problem with that with just I was like, yes, but just you wanted him to write and they didn't.
Speaker 3: Say that he wasn't gonna write, and they said what if he doesn't? And I'm like that he shows on the blog d premiere band.
Speaker 1: Justin Bieber's like, how can I band nobody?
Speaker 3: Because if it was my cipher, You're gonna see Cane theremel there, rock him there, d I T C doing the whole cypher.
Speaker 1: With a G and Diamond and and and the old Ce and all of them.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be people like that, you know, yeah, because you see when the Shady Cipher it was eminem You know, people with skills them Broyce, Joe Budden, uh Crooked Eye skills.
Speaker 1: Know how important is that for you?
Speaker 5: For you guys, You guys have to integral that you guys are on the top of the line of producers when when we're speaking real real world hip hop, you guys name has to be brought up now. Is is it ever a time where you sit back and say, you know, I'm gonna do it for the money this time, or you say I'm gonna always stay who I.
Speaker 1: Am always say and I've been tempted.
Speaker 3: Much.
Speaker 8: We are a good example of olymp Biscuit. But it's in our hearts to the asking it about love.
Speaker 2: We do that do it for the love. It's like, it's just that's who we are.
Speaker 3: Biscuit was a good example tell us because when my manager kept pressing me to do it Patrick Moxey at the time, I was like nah, because I said, fred durstkin't rapt it. And in my eyes on the level of what people, I don't want my fans going damn praying you've work with him and and I like Limp Biscuit for what they do, but if you're gonna get with me, it's not what you do.
Speaker 1: And that's a lot more ink, you know what I'm saying. And that's the bottom line.
Speaker 3: They go, well, method man is on the song. I said, oh, I said, then send me the rough and send me the rough and meth was on it. I was like, then, okay, then I'll do it. And it was a big check, a huge check, one of the biggest checks I've ever gotten. So the good thing I liked about Fred Durst was he called me and said, I need to talk to Kreme and he was just becoming one of the new executives at Interscope with Jimmy Ivean, and he said, yo, man.
Speaker 1: This is recently. We knew it all back when they popping and we were doing.
Speaker 3: But he had respect for what you and we had a dope conversation and it was to the point he said, the best.
Speaker 1: You can get out of me, I'll do it. He came to D and D and so he tried, he tried, he tried nobody, nobody, God know nothing.
Speaker 3: And they were big at the time. This is the second second album and he was like, Yo, get the best you can get.
Speaker 2: Out of me.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you don't like it, whatever, I'll do it.
Speaker 3: And he that was the best I could get when what's on the song. But the fact he put the effort in. I like the fact he put in the effort and he knocked it out. Next thing, you know, he said, Yo, we're doing a video.
Speaker 1: Flew us out. We had a big video shoot. We had a good time and it was just a just a really really fun session. And then me and Me and Fred were cool after that. Yo. Before the thing is that you guys mentioned Dwick and we didn't go back to do it. Let's go back to Troy is one of the biggest.
Speaker 3: Hip hop will ever be and it's one of the biggest hip hop records.
Speaker 1: We need to hear. We need to hear the story of Dwick.
Speaker 3: Dwich the only reason why Dwick happened, because that's all of our summer anthems.
Speaker 1: By the way, like we all the nicest move did a song.
Speaker 3: Called on the Ain't a Damning Change called down the Line. It was with a whole bunch of mcs based Blaster Big up to him, a whole bunch of other mc he said, based Blaster Yeah from Connecticut, including and shout to Ray Pouncy and Ray Paul See and uh and then Google's also on it. He said, I want to loop the Manifest beat and do my own version because a lot of people don't know most of the nicest who hits. Greg Knice does all the beats. Wow, I've seen him do it. He's for all that stuff. Hip hop junkies, every every.
Speaker 1: Oh my sorry yell all that kicking wicked rocks like a fortunate time had a dog and on his old yellow he did all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Greg Knife, he did be for me to make him up hip hop right now, the punky bu all that stuff does less be plays a sack. I know he doesn't play a sack. I remember brand for myself.
Speaker 1: He gonna played the fu sack.
Speaker 3: It works me and myself alove to Max. He did all those beats. So Greg Nice is a dope beat maker.
Speaker 1: Wow. So he took the Manifest instrumental, made a beat and all we were doing was because we hang tough. It was the nicest smooth gang star riding.
Speaker 2: The d trained.
Speaker 3: We go to the castle which was grimy in the Bronx and this was the when they had to shoot out. Would say, Greg, all that stuff like we were around all that stuff. Boom, next thing you know, we said, well, let's return the favor and do a record for us.
Speaker 1: So that's all. It was just y'all doing for us. We're gonna do one feel doing on there.
Speaker 3: That's why it was the B side and it wasn't on the album. I remember people are like, oh yeah, y'all left you off the album. It's like, nah, the album was already done. We're just doing it for fun.
Speaker 1: We was doing it and that became a huge right now. We didn't know it's gonna be a huge We're just doing it. No, it was just fun. I remember, I know. Shout out to duve C. He was There't you related to to somebody on the West like that? No, we just good friends. We're just good friend. But you did the album m C A recently. Yeah, that's coming out of that. Let's go back to was most wanted.
Speaker 3: He did two of the uh theme records for Boys in the Hood, he did Grow m C and he did She's on Everybody Side.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we have an we have an out hit. We have a one hit one. We have which way is West's coming? So and and also you haven't, idiot know of the connoisseurs and we you know people know.
Speaker 3: Uh and then uh uh shout to Tory Wolf and also shot to Miguel.
Speaker 1: We have a single out right now called to Loving You. Now. What happened was where where we where? We dwick so dub she was there. Wow, that's Don Barron from the Masters.
Speaker 3: And sure yeah, because he was good friends with Greg Knight.
Speaker 2: How did the horny version happen to I was just doing that, just.
Speaker 1: Bugging out, and the morning version, the horn the horny version as a vocal version had a glitch.
Speaker 3: You remember you when you go to dad Tod. Yeah, So when we bounced into we stay quiet, let them tell that and had.
Speaker 1: To remember that she's the glitches We couldn't. I was like, we can't put it out, like that's why I just put the instrumental on the on the B side of the twelve. Wow.
Speaker 3: When did y'all know you had something with Dwick? Like, I mean immediately when that ship came out when we finished it. It was crazy because, like I said, duve C is from the West Coast, wearing scullies.
Speaker 9: All the heat of it West Cyde Connection and House and west Side, the Crypto, Crypto and Khakis and and Pendleton's all hot and I'm just like, yo, you ain't hot and all that stuff, because that's how it is in the West Coast.
Speaker 1: And that's how I learned about the West Coast. This is nineteen eighty nine. Master Ace had just joined our Mass States was heaving doing the car show stuff on the West. I knew sul Night already back then it's eighty nine. I shouldn't Bobby he was, and he was. He was hanging over the.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: So I was there with JJ FAD, the n w A, all that stuff, Me and Heasy. He came to the first Game Star release party in nineteen eighty nine. Did you want the pictures now? Yeah, the recipes to so we met them back in eighty nine, so killed you know what for dove c to be there back then? That shows you we go to and recipes of his brother who passed on.
Speaker 1: January, Ice Cubes, DJ Crazy Tones, that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when we set them off right, and we had an incredible homegoing service and.
Speaker 1: Your family reunion.
Speaker 3: Man, seeing all these West Coast on from King t and then seeing you know, Chuck d n l L there and everybody and and you know.
Speaker 1: Just every artist and hip hop family.
Speaker 3: It was so packed and and they just did it right, you know what I'm saying, playing dope music in the church, playing flashlight and doing a whole collage of all the people he's been around on a video screen.
Speaker 1: And and and then even when it did.
Speaker 3: To everybody's on site, the shows tunes throwing up the w looking up to the st with with clouds.
Speaker 1: And wings and all that stuff, and I was like, yo, man, you see he's trying to get.
Speaker 3: That was it?
Speaker 1: June. You're fifty. You're very smart about how you do things on TV.
Speaker 5: We we are with two of the best producers of all the best in my best and I'm going to celebrate you guys life.
Speaker 1: Hey man, I'm going to get team.
Speaker 5: I can't believe, like I continue, I got to come back and look a little black absolutely because it's twenty five million. But you know what the crazy shi it is is this guy is a vinyl guy. He's a real hip hot person. I am a hip hop person. For us to come together and want to commemorate hip hop, thissolute hip hop and for.
Speaker 1: It to get twenty five million, man for picking it out CBS, CBS first, BBS first, and then Coming home Man coming here May. I thought, when you go you go to LA, you gotta le's beak of your premier.
Speaker 3: No, I'm doing screening screening at the LA Film School March ninth, but March twenty third on Revolt Airs is the premier Coming Home Vietnam. I'm going to different countries and exploring hip hop.
Speaker 1: The dope thing is, I've been watching Drink Drink Chances for a minute. You don't feel like you're lighting it up.
Speaker 3: I've been checking a minute, and Uh, it's just ill. How how the two of y'all are from really different, totally different directions. I've known Nord from the streets, like we've been streeting for so long, right, I've seen him elevate from the street level of rhymen to the sharper.
Speaker 1: Version of writing rhymes.
Speaker 3: Even when you and Bubby had joke rama and then we end up doing a record together and.
Speaker 1: Me and together, and even when that happened, it wasn't even a dish. He was just like, yo, I'm a band of GNY.
Speaker 3: He didn't want him to elevate and fan and where everybody knows bumping Freddie Fox and being where he is more into. There's certain people he's attracted to for what they represented, and he loves no more than the same.
Speaker 1: See as a person, A big, big fan of Big Big because he pushed me.
Speaker 5: He told me from the beginning, like if he had mentioned my name on the record, they told me like I just I don't want you to say what but I'm gonna be honest, I keep it one.
Speaker 1: When I recorded to with the right, that's how I used to count bars. I used to say, what what what what?
Speaker 3: What? What? What? What? What? What? What? What? What? What?
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 1: I'm from the resource from education child.
Speaker 5: I told for real.
Speaker 15: I said, they're gonna lave it. He said, that's the hook. But he was a h He was because the game was taking up the ones like when I said what what what?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: So what I wanted it? All he did was muted. And then so I gotta give it to morell.
Speaker 8: You did that.
Speaker 1: So now when you listen to it, you hear and you say what what what?
Speaker 3: What? What? What? What? What?
Speaker 1: But yeah, this day you don't even got to go to the verse. That is the club.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And what I was trying to say was when I did it, I felt what Bumpy felt.
Speaker 5: That's why I never took it personal, because I felt I told for I said it for real.
Speaker 2: We need is.
Speaker 5: I said, oh, we need is because you know from the research room. So you know, I'm sorry, said and he said relax. We didn't say relax, but in my mind, he said, I will never forget it. We were in the Right Track Recording Studios. His chain was choking him.
Speaker 1: I told Choker, like, you gotta release because it was just so tight on this licking. I love him, he love he knows I love for.
Speaker 2: Real.
Speaker 5: I'm very upset, but I love you for me and mister Lee kicks. So I remember, I'm going upstairs, I would saying, you remember right track, youmember. So I went upstairs and I said, all we need is a hook and we good, And he said we got the hook already, and I looked at him. I was like, because I had previously did that on every other record before, Joe.
Speaker 1: The first time I heard you were t O, N Y and and just the whole bo It's like, that's your stamp, that no one of those owners that you are owner. But that's the reason why I got it. I gotta give it because he was the nigga like I did that ass.
Speaker 5: Ball because you remember back then. You gotta remember back then. We couldn't punch in recorded the roll record in one day, No, and it want to punch in even.
Speaker 3: No punching it, you know, proud, but listen, I'll be fifty one March twenty first.
Speaker 1: So pree, So I did this ship.
Speaker 5: That's how I always recorded my records.
Speaker 1: Was all the way too, because remember we had the eight year Hrails back then two inch get two inchel whatever you think it was.
Speaker 5: It was, so I was trained to just lay everything all together. So I came out and then he had the girl come in.
Speaker 1: And then the girl was saying, which is not callous because everybody everybody thinks it's not. Everybody thought it was its getting what she was around during that time. Yeah, but everybody thought was it.
Speaker 5: I'm so sorry I forgot Remember tammy is definitely a tammy.
Speaker 1: Sounds like that was something like that, right, That was an that time that that we were all cool, khalise, but look so crazy.
Speaker 5: I come back out and I'll say, yo, praps, all we need is to hook and we've done and he said he god don And I said, where.
Speaker 9: Is it a?
Speaker 1: And then he played what they're gonna laugh at me? When Reddy Fox name at me? He's like, I don't want to hit it?
Speaker 3: What what? What?
Speaker 1: But he didn't know that was it literally wasn't me. So I was literally mad, mona, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Because the monad the drink chance God damn it on him in my mind.
Speaker 1: Shout.
Speaker 5: So now listen, you guys see hip hop. You worked with Cool Rest in Peace, you worked with C. L. Simon Heavy, Now Heavens.
Speaker 1: I'm going there. So now what makes y'all say I'm going to work with people outside?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Because the thing about hip hop back then was one producer did the whole album. I'm wonder I'm working on going back to that one producer did the whole.
Speaker 5: Now you've got you, you got Illmatic where it's Pete Rock, Premier, Tip Large, Professor l E. S. Then you go into at the big big.
Speaker 1: LP. Yeah, Lord for neess Uh.
Speaker 5: So what makes y'all what makes y'all say I'm gonna work with people outside of my group?
Speaker 1: Because we're not just We're just not in a hip hop box. We're in a music box, and the music.
Speaker 3: Box has all styles that we appreciate based.
Speaker 1: On the cloth.
Speaker 3: We're cut from a pioneers that opened the door and we're goinning fire. James Brown BOUTSI the whole Parliament from Adomph. Yeah, just on any of that from parlet brids and anything Boots anything, Parliament, anything, George anything.
Speaker 1: That's an era after James Brown.
Speaker 3: That's so funky, you know, like like that, that's a funk that they ain't never funk. Like he said, funk not only moves they can remove.
Speaker 1: We come from that, you know.
Speaker 3: So Aretha Franklin, Natalie Cold, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Curtis Mayfield, all that stuff, and Mac and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: That's my childhood.
Speaker 3: I don't know about no hip hop to hippie and hippie I'm on that. I'm seeing my mom playing back to Yeah, Donad Rose anything, Amotown, Tamla, Gordy Soul Records, any of that stuff.
Speaker 1: My mama tried to get you hit one more time, drink Champs, God damn you want to make it smoke.
Speaker 5: He ross the roster, roster, saying, why why.
Speaker 3: My child his platform shoes, Afros this big afrosine commercials.
Speaker 1: But Johnson and.
Speaker 3: Good Times, the Jeffersons, all in the family. You know, the monsters. That's my monsters. That yeah, remember that's my Yeah, I'm gonna throw something in there. What's happening?
Speaker 1: That's my my era, A.
Speaker 3: Rock and stuff, all that, you know, all that. Yeah, roller skating, we run, we run, That's what I know.
Speaker 1: This is no rapping and scratching.
Speaker 5: Yet, what is Peak Rock's favorite studio session all these years?
Speaker 8: My favorite studio session that I've ever had was probably had been with Run DMC, down with the.
Speaker 1: Ship with the King, down with the light. That's problem was you know the Brasy that's the owner of this club, and he's not gonna like and we got to like.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 3: We were on a gang start tour last day and Writ and Run called us and said, hurry.
Speaker 1: Up and get hit on the twenty five million streets. Why was I like one that we did not and we did not make it? It been perfect and we came over the wall was and everybody was.
Speaker 2: Gone, damn. You know.
Speaker 5: I gave CBS this idea though, come on, bro, I give him that idea. You gotta relax. Gave him I said, we need a streamer in the plaque.
Speaker 3: We sat on the podcast buddy, We just said podcast, I gotta go with you events.
Speaker 1: He feels more sober than me. Yeah, I don't know if it's.
Speaker 2: A d J thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you can do about We have a memory. Jay Z saw me one day. Jay Z said you, I'm gonna call you memory man.
Speaker 3: You remember every show you're seeing jay Z and he'll go, but you remember this time, I'll say, I remember we were and we were in Paris. Were at a show like two in the morning, and he was doing the uh this after the justin tim latour and watch the throwne. He was doing a Holy Grail tour. We found out he was in town me and Keebler or wherever Keybler is at. I said, y'all want to go see jay Z before him reach out. That's when he was still talking you no, no, in Paris.
Speaker 1: In Paris, and we got a little a couple of little timas. I want to go to the show. I reached out to the proper people and they was like, yo, Jam and Dad when he was a John and Neely.
Speaker 3: Reached out to John and Neely he's handling everything. I reached out to John, send him an email, and I'm like, I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: Anyway we can go to the show.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking I ain't gonna respond, and thing blipped in like two men's He said, Yo, there's gonna be passes waiting for you all access come backstage and I'm gonna have a spot for you.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: As soon as we go backstage after the show, because Timblin was d dan Form.
Speaker 1: We go back stage after the show. Jay Z goes, all right, well remember you got this time? Hey, could I'm introduce him to the Keepler, my tour man. He goes, yeah, he said, He's like, how you doing, He's like, how you doing? Keep it nice to meet you. He'll know what you got memory this time?
Speaker 3: I said, you met Keebler Before he goes, oh no, I said, we were at Battery Baseline Studios and Loupe Fiasco was auditioning for you and he had on a big chain.
Speaker 1: This is on Lupe Avasco had a big chain home with a big medalla, which he would never do. Right now. He was rapping for you know none that he needs much more focus on another level. But Loop fans come on, Drink Champs going up. Man Homie shot shot the first and fifteen.
Speaker 3: So he goes, he's the auditioning for Jay Jasons all these rhymes. Louey puts on a beat in the CD player. The CD starts to go, you know when they loop goes and and then it finally stops skipping, goes back into the rhymes. Right there, Jay goos, I totally.
Speaker 1: Remember that day. Next you know him and keep off in the corner talking about sports, you know, make some noise.
Speaker 5: Now here's the deal. Like when I interview people, I like to, you know, dig into their life. When I know the people, the people, I don't dig into their like because I know them are rent.
Speaker 1: Both of you guys, I know already. I know exactly what to ask you.
Speaker 5: But the thing about y'all which surprised me is y'all both come and y'all both do your own sound check.
Speaker 1: Mandatory and so man as always would. I always think like, you guys have a DJ, but he'll do.
Speaker 3: We were talking about this me and Yeah, was so like, he's like DJ, that sounds that we've done, Joe, And I'm like, yo, make sure to heaven everything.
Speaker 1: He's gonna make it right. Fixed the speakers somehow they got a bump. They gotta do sound check. I don't care.
Speaker 3: Even if I don't get get to eat sleep, I'm starving, take a nap. I will not miss sound they produced. It got to be right because a lot of festivals you gotta just plug in check. I'm like, Yo, it's gotta bang, and I'm gonna deliver what you paid to get to get what you paid for. You you're gonna pay to get me again, and you.
Speaker 1: Want your beat to be hurt, right, so you don't never see like your assistant or nobody you. You said, we'll check it again before we start tonight.
Speaker 3: But other than that, now I got outside, I want to even see the rock the room looks like, so I already have a picture of what I'm stepping into when the crowd is here.
Speaker 2: But you gotta let the man do what you gotta do if you want to do it. He wanted to do it.
Speaker 5: I said, if if free mooted in, he was like yo, he said, he said, you did, stayed there?
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 3: He know that.
Speaker 2: I just still love him open up for himself.
Speaker 1: He would have. He would have, dude, he would have done another hour. And we were like, yo, peak, come on, it's not even a bad thing. And I was like, your peak, come on.
Speaker 3: We've been on the road where I'll get mad and nothing in a bad way. He's like, Pete, I'm at the record store.
Speaker 1: He forgot.
Speaker 3: We were here in Tokyo one time and we're about to miss our plane, and he goes, I gotta get this record.
Speaker 1: We're like, y'all I'm not missing my plane for you, especially.
Speaker 3: On the day you're finally going home, and you know, the day you're going home, you're just so ready to go back home.
Speaker 1: And we've been out for like a week in another country, and he's like, yo.
Speaker 3: I gotta get this record. I'm like, dogs, if we do not make this plane because of you, we're gonna be And that's actually how the whole Pee Rock versus Premier things started because of that day we got on the Butther said, you know what, man, we need to make an album where we can get our attention now to make the album going at each other, making hill y'all doing the album.
Speaker 1: We're going to do an album called pe p VP Pete Goddamn the hats the record that record? Are we doing that? You're about a half right recommend with due. Yeah, I have a website that just carries the hats.
Speaker 3: Now say the website again, Premiere was here dot com dot com to and just go to the shop section. It has all of it has all official Gangshow products, all official Guru products, all official Premier products.
Speaker 1: And me and Peach share the hats and we have green, red, blue, black and black.
Speaker 5: We have too, so what happened when y'all saw this battle individually? Know I'm talking about when y'all saw the Just Blade and.
Speaker 1: Everybody, honestly everybody, we don't acting like that was the first battle and side you know what because we've been doing it so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was more like, all right, cool, and this ain't their first battle together.
Speaker 1: They've done it before. No, no, not, this is the first one. Kanye. It's not drink chance because but it's not drink Kanye. Y'alls is like y'alls is like migrating.
Speaker 3: But the next day they started posting that me and you need to doing I'm like, we've been doing you've.
Speaker 1: Been doing it.
Speaker 5: It's like, y'all miss you need to do you know my hip hop and story and I know, but what did you What was your first.
Speaker 1: Thing when you when you heard the day battle and Swiss, I have the phone? Where's my phone at you to come?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, we believe it. Actually, while we're waiting, I forgot, I got you. We got y'all man Drink Clod and nine.
Speaker 1: I remember when you did the remix to again Me. I got damn. I don't know, but uh it's from the perspective of what we think is hot. And I remember when you did the remix to uh those calling I picking up those you did what uh?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: What's the name city boy D? Look at you know element you did a you gotta stop? Definitely know you know past to me now, Yes, yes, yes, I play, I said the Diego.
Speaker 3: I played your your version more than fast Chapter Fab figure because Fat Fab is a dope lyricist and knows how to do club records, radio records and still have a really clever way of writing his rhymes.
Speaker 1: Love Fab.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fan of his, but your version fit more of the format of what I represent the most grimiest, like you said, no clean shoes, no hot I don't like.
Speaker 1: Your version was the one I played.
Speaker 3: So it's we're We're on every Friday night from Tempi on the midnight serious light radio Channel forty four.
Speaker 1: Hip my Nation, and uh, what I represent is the era of the eighties with Morley mal Red alerts, chill out.
Speaker 3: Also to my just yeah just shut just In the two thousand ear or whatever year we're in, I still keep it to that. And there's so many artists that have hot stuff out that will never get played anywhere else. So I'm like, I'll play it, send it to me if I like it, and it's on that that level, it's gonna get broken. And that way, not only do you trust me, you also start to focus on you know what, if he's playing it, it's gotta be real.
Speaker 1: And that's really what it is. So all of that truth that.
Speaker 3: The just blaze Swiss Beast. So it happens, I'm on my way to the show and Swiss is texting me saying, Yo, I'd like you to come check this out. Put my shows off ten to midnight. It's starting at ten o'clock. He's like, Yo, man, I really like it. And now I would have gone definitely. I definitely would have gone. But I'm not abandoned my show because again, it's live. It's not previous pre recorded.
Speaker 1: Cool. Live is a whole different animal. Five is when you have when I scripted nothing, We just roll, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And when it comes to how we do it, everything just flows from minute to minute, second to second, beat to beat, voice to voice on just the realness of hip hop from my perspective. So when it came to Swiss Beats and uh, just Blade doing doing the show. As soon as I got off the air, I checked my Instagram and.
Speaker 1: Saw they were live. I went to Swiss Beats, I clicked on it.
Speaker 3: I want to see my man DJ Rectangle, who's one of the dopest battle dude ever give me the scratch Vinyl. I go to his show to watch him do a party gig, and I'm in there with my phone going yeah in the morning, I'm like, just still on from ten oclas, Yeah, and I'm doing this looking at him a little bit.
Speaker 1: They switch it over now just got the big.
Speaker 3: And the guy.
Speaker 1: Said, yo, just playing them still battling. It's almost two in the morning and I'm.
Speaker 3: Sitting there doing this in a corner in the club where it looks like I'm like a sore thumb, but I'm like, no, I'm watching and check it out because i want to see what they're doing to battle because they started pulling O beas.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm like, Will you still a fan of the culture like that?
Speaker 3: I will remain because you know why, after I guess, being from Texas, I wanted to be accepted by New York because at the time I came if New York didn't accept you. It didn't matter where you were from. And that time that acceptance. I got that acceptance from the greats.
Speaker 1: I wanted E. P.
Speaker 3: M D To love me. I wanted Big Daddy came to love me around Kim krst one, I wanted Grandmaster Flash Molly. It was me Jazz, DJ, jase J.
Speaker 1: You became Jazzy.
Speaker 3: Jeff Cash Money, d J Scratch and I just want Howie T.
Speaker 1: Give you ain't smoking? Yeah, smoke though I did earlier. No, let's just say he's earlier. It was That's not the word that was reaching.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 3: I told you fifty years old, Union State shot shot shot because it got me. Listen, this is when you know you're on point. Never has any drugs that I've ever used defeated me, and at fifty.
Speaker 1: I'm on my level. You got to take a molly, though, take a molly. This guy, Yes, that was bro dude.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 1: That was That was no, no, no, no, that was eighty one when it was called black molly, and that was the own. Oh my god, this is a black molly.
Speaker 12: What the.
Speaker 1: Put us on.
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: Like a black.
Speaker 1: Like all that stuff. Now it's just like that's not there's the mumble jumble stuff. Now you know what I'm saying. So, like I said, this is my high school days. So my high school days. I graduated in the high school in eighty four. Okay, And so imagine our era of getting lifted and you're looking good and we're gonna respect you. I just started training again, be black. I'm getting my You know, I love food, man, I love I love ice cream. I love hersy shot shot all that. It's the first time ice cream shout it out on the broadcast. Wait, that's all. And that's that's when you go to the ice cream.
Speaker 3: If you go to the baskeroom ride and you get treat scoops in the cup, it ain't official till you take the hersy syrup.
Speaker 1: You can't shot.
Speaker 3: Syrup when you when you make a wooler, you don't want to see no greens. Let you know, the green is in the blood.
Speaker 1: That's how you do it.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: That's the level drugs, you know. So I don't I just say that they really just far from all the time.
Speaker 3: That we've lost and that we've lost to all different things from being shot, being the bad disease and eating bad health all that stuff. It let me know I'm here for a reason. Love your life and fix your life to be able to have a longer life. My parents are eighty My parents, my dad's eighty eight. They they got issues, but they still kicking. My father makes all the food. He's like, get away from say, out of my kitchen. Let me take it on my way.
Speaker 1: I want to be eighty eight doing that. But I guarantee they never did the black molly. You don't know that his way with the black molly.
Speaker 2: I'm in.
Speaker 1: When I was in high school, you have, yes, tenth grade six? Ain't man talking about black mother? When I was sixteen?
Speaker 3: And when I was sixteen, there was only one ecstasy, only one. It was wait, wait, what year is this? Nineteen eighty eighty two? That was already yeah, okay, yeah, eighty two. Ext I'm forty one.
Speaker 1: Oh damn wait that ecstasy in eighty two? What the fuck? Actually a white man name?
Speaker 2: But everybody cool over here, bro, Why.
Speaker 1: Is that a surprise? Joe dude? It was only one ecstasy was closed this uh, this would right? This would yeah?
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was called ecstasy, yes, but damn it wasn't popping til then. I didn't know that you weren't around during that time. This no, no, I was about you tell you one ten years older than you, so you gotta relax.
Speaker 3: Eighty one.
Speaker 1: I graduated high school in eighty four. Grag listen, listen. There was like one style of XC, one style of milley.
Speaker 3: That was it. There wasn't all twenty and there was all these that wasn't really bear and cherry cherry juice and all these funny names.
Speaker 1: And you smoke coat smoker. Cocaine was more of a smoking cocaine. Let's call it cool.
Speaker 3: It's called cracko no woola is crack and weed a cool coke and a cigarette.
Speaker 1: How you smoke it's a crack Damn well, it's yeah, yeah, seventy seven. It's all good. It's even the blackout. I was there. It was it was in my grandfather, but I was there staying with my grandfather. Turn off.
Speaker 3: But yeah, during those days, it was only one of each tide. That's why when I see what's going on now, it's like, damn man, these.
Speaker 1: People are so lost because there's all kinds of weird ship flowing.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 1: Don't want to be around none of that, you know, we're around the pure.
Speaker 3: And again that that's kind of like the hippie seventies hallucinogens.
Speaker 1: It was a time and all the the the those beat is making the give the drugs a little bit of props.
Speaker 3: We have to be.
Speaker 1: You're the only guy that I feel like you got to making.
Speaker 3: Drugs.
Speaker 1: But but again, I'm glad that drink.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that I understand the concept of that era because understanding it and understanding where your cut off point is, you don't need to rehab. You reab yourself with your mind. I always said that you control of yourself. I know when control with you myself, that's too much. Go back to normal. And then that that's how people can wonder about you. But they can't say, yo, my man is lost, he's you can never say I'm gone.
Speaker 1: I'm always here. Let's make some for that now. He was recently beefing with what what Young Liggy was being.
Speaker 2: Listen from young Dog.
Speaker 1: You don't even know.
Speaker 16: I mean all of us from our time, we all describe what happened. He dissatisfied with the no, he's not, he's not. I'll say this.
Speaker 3: We avery targetment had a little listen I had a little hoosy verse situation.
Speaker 2: Oh that was you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But.
Speaker 3: I wasn't offended by that, offended that he don't want to wrap to that if that's not what you want to wrap was massive, that's not.
Speaker 1: Really a beat. Don't make sense for him, don't make sense for him, don't make sense for him.
Speaker 3: Those gangsta you can wrap to for freestyle time out. It wasn't mass appeal.
Speaker 1: It was was from memory. Man, Sorry, I saw it too, and what happened? Describe I'm not rapping to that? So and he said, why is that break beat? So listen?
Speaker 3: He still would Twitter started blowing up on my Twitter. He started getting out of hand, everybody disting him. Then he joins in. So I watched see what he says. So I checked his traffic because I got to make sure I'm on point before I do anything. You always gotta stay focused.
Speaker 1: On being on point. I know who I am.
Speaker 3: I don't never want to be looked at as a person that got played ever and not really be looked that way. Absolutely, So when I checked the thread, I was like, yo, yeah, because it's getting out of hand.
Speaker 1: My fans are going hard on him, like yo, you know they they're doing enough with this. They want to kill him. Yeah, So I'm like, yo, I'm like, listen, big up to him. Man, he ain't get around to that. If he don't like that, he doesn't like that. That's what I put he said, then wrapped to what he feels like. It's comfortable. So that made him join in and said, yo, d m me. We damned each other.
Speaker 3: He said, listen, man, anything I can learn from you, put me on and and give me. I said, you know what, we didn't know what I said, I'm down to doing join with you. My fans may get mad, but the only nine The difference is I'm not going to make a record.
Speaker 1: That I can't let leave the studio to me and him on the same level where it say, yo, wait today you got to you gotta compromise yourself. You're gonna work no. But but that's what I like. Let me tell you something. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 5: When you work with Pream, you work with Pete, these brothers are so professional.
Speaker 1: All you gotta do is send the vocals and then relax.
Speaker 3: He told me the skills that I turned into my own skill and it's not biting them.
Speaker 1: But he's like Yo, this is how you do it.
Speaker 3: I was like.
Speaker 1: This, I say, yo, by I was like, how are you making that? I was like, how are you making the base get fuller? And mimick the sample? He said, it's the same sample, but I feel to them. I'm like, but how do you do that? And he says, come over, I'll show you, but don't show me. He showed me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, so you turn it to that same thing we have. But I never knew that part of the equipment he said, turned into that. I started doing it ex girl or the next girl.
Speaker 1: That's one of my joints rights. This reminds me of all my relationships. So when it goes in that part, where does it go? It muffled. I sent it to Pete to make sure I was doing it right. I love my wife.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I believe in myself and all that stuff, but I wanted to make sure I was doing it right. So I sent it to him for approval and I go, yo.
Speaker 1: Did I do it right? He goes, Lo, that's gonna be a hit. It was a hit, big hit.
Speaker 3: So when you come back, that right there shows you that there is respect for what he was doing before I even knew how he was doing it. He was willing to show me the trick because he knew. He didn't think it like, oh no, you would beat my bite my style, Nah, let me borrow that tool. And then when I applied that tool, it wasn't a bite. It's just another another extension of what he taught me. That's why hamlags professors showbiz on my three mentors and again Marlly.
Speaker 1: Marl didn't show me anything in person, but just what he did.
Speaker 3: Make the music with your mouth biz. Nobody beats to Biz, rode to the ridges. A lot of people in the circle have said they've given him them the I gave him that record.
Speaker 1: That's all good. He did the.
Speaker 3: That's what it's all about. Who made it bounce that way? Who made your echo sound that way?
Speaker 1: Who made your voice sound funky that way?
Speaker 3: Marlly did it, And that's all that matters to me because that's what makes me the premiere in order to be to stay doing it the way you do it for the rest of my life and in my passion, it's because of how I study a great one. So whatever you brought to him is what you brought to him. He still made it glow. Guruus to always say that you and Eddie Sancho make everything glow. He said, I just laid my part down, but you make it light up. Mally makes things light up. So no matter what you bring him or you gave him everything, he made it light up. And without the light, there's darkness. I want to be in light. What do y'all think about like the separation of sampling and hip hop?
Speaker 1: No, I mean does it matter. We understand the rules and the sample of law.
Speaker 3: I mean I understand it sampling finance, but it takes away the soul me personally.
Speaker 1: I think sometimes it doesn't. You just get ill with your sample. Well man cutting it so nobody knows what it is. If it's bad, but you're still sampling, you may go and just get there. You're still sampling little bootprint, which is what which?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the traps, I mean we're lost because we're not records in little little Oh, like we know now the safety Z versus and then it's a point where we got to do it and it's really that that that that important? Clear clear clear Now I got mad clear now, No, we got no money. We can't clear anything.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me that I.
Speaker 2: Like I said, he taught me scratch ups. If you just listen to a lot of my joints, it's just me scratches.
Speaker 1: And they're crazy. You were doing radio already with Marley ma.
Speaker 3: I'm like, damn, this new guy, Pete Browden, he's nasty because Molly had a certain scratch style.
Speaker 5: Showed us out there, kind of found Nigga, I'm gonna smoke with camel crush.
Speaker 1: In our face. Our face died because it.
Speaker 3: Just give us cancer people, Okay with white people like lucky strikes, callnaments?
Speaker 1: You got the momaments? Are you good the white person?
Speaker 3: What? When we did the record, the record that we did together, I say, I think that I was the first person to ask you to cut up Guru's vocals.
Speaker 1: Was I would have sent me everything, right, every person to do that or no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: But after his death, that's what I'm saying, Oh yeah, yeah, okay, you send me everything.
Speaker 9: Yeah no.
Speaker 3: He had hosted Mad States from me. He had case and I was honored. Yeah yeah, yeah, No d J e f N no ef N was Guru DJ was case? Damn your memory really isn't backing?
Speaker 2: Have nothing against him?
Speaker 1: I think they have hill memories. Yeah, memory, I apologize fact, no need, but passes. There's no apology needed when you had this word, so pol don't get that.
Speaker 5: Only sold one million records, so you have to you think it's better stop listen seasons, all right, but google Bachaco?
Speaker 1: Who passes away? What's what? What's this man?
Speaker 3: His name?
Speaker 1: You gotta say it. I can't say no, no, no, no, not even yeah, holy ship? What's going on right now?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: He'll help me out. He don't deserve, he don't deserve to be being said from instead a good person. Ain't gonna say the Solar and the friends. No, no, that's two different ones and it's not the same. He's so large, so l a, it's another soul. He's from France.
Speaker 3: He's dope, that's my dude, right, So there's another so together, all right, so we got to clarify.
Speaker 5: That's so I'm so sorry to actually as long as you said. But Solar makes these claims, and then with this premier standing on these claims.
Speaker 3: Ohship and all that type of stuff put to you like this, people could yeah say what they want to say and all that type of stuff.
Speaker 1: That's all cool because I don't have nothing to say when it comes to that. But if old boy does anything, then I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna have a lot to sense a problem. Sybil and plan. That's my belichick, mam, and heard you.
Speaker 1: That was Bill BELLI done. What's agree? We love you, we love you back, and we love you and everything you meant to hip hop and then you know it was it was a funny moment. What everything I mean to him?
Speaker 5: Everything I apologize, you mean the hip hop and you know, it was a funny moment for us in hip hop when we got to hear like, you know, it's like yo gangs so and you know room and then then this guy we never because it's similar to how Pun like. When Pun died, I walked to his casket and they told me, I said, all the.
Speaker 3: Jewels, because I thought the most funeral rooms the caskets at the front. His was in the middle, middle of the lord. So when I'm walking like he was right there, right there, and the casket. I've never seen a casket like this. Okay, I've never seen the castle like this. The casket was short and super duper live, and he had all his ts changed around his hands and it looked like he was kissing the sky because the lips were puck it up, like that's the man.
Speaker 5: That's my point to bring this up was when I when I went to Punt's casket, people told me that Pun and subject, that something Pun suffered, right.
Speaker 1: And that now he's in a better place. And I didn't. I didn't know what people meant by that. So when I heard, you know, Googles, yeah, and I've never I've never seen Google suffering, nah, So I ain't neither me either. So everything was just a strange to not just me, everybody, and like, if not the fans who we are massive, it's strange to everybody. It's strange to me. It's strange to the fans because old boy don't know my man like I know my man.
Speaker 3: We know him well, Yes, yes, If I really wanted to grade dude on a five quiz question.
Speaker 1: There, I guarantee you'll fail. Every answer simple and plain because.
Speaker 3: You had to really really really really really really really really know my So you will fail. I can watch you right now and make every little sense simple questions. How hard on simple questions?
Speaker 1: He's going to fail.
Speaker 3: And it's gonna also be multiple choice ABC A D not gonna pick the right answer.
Speaker 1: And I know this because I know this and I know him. I know both of them.
Speaker 3: So that's why I don't entertain him, because anytime he wants to ever go there, I'm here.
Speaker 1: I mean, if I'm not here, I'm here, you feel me. I will not say his name. It's because hip hop needed to hear that hip hop?
Speaker 2: How can we make them do that?
Speaker 1: When things is the right move?
Speaker 3: I know when it is about the right people around me, from legal to my management, to my artists, to the street. Me even being in the street, I have extream mentality that keeps me grounded. And I have a dope mom and dad and sisters and niece and nephews. Your five year old son, who's my dude, shout to his mother. She's everybody Like, we're that connected on making sure we don't ever fuck up with the social media.
Speaker 1: Stuff making us look like we're fools. Ain't going out like that. I'm premiere. Listen, I'm gonna be honest. I'm gonna be honest with me. And this guy to the right of me started this and we sat down and we said we want the only give love to the legends. The legends and hip hop.
Speaker 5: You guys are the impitted me of leg This is this is the pinnacle and I can't I can't thank you enough, like you know, both of you guys that gave me beats.
Speaker 10: And that's what's crazy about this about it is I still can't do that. I still oh yeah, I still owe you both because I love.
Speaker 1: You, don't na, I love you guys, because definitely I'm starting. I'm just ready to give yourself.
Speaker 6: Would that be that me tonight? Please give me that be That's crazy, man, Dude, I was going to peep with imagine you give me because I want Pete to know, so.
Speaker 1: Up the club. I really want to do this for your album, Pete.
Speaker 5: For man, if it wasn't for you, guys, I probably wouldn't have a childhood, no doubt.
Speaker 1: And this is real ship, man, that's real ship. I really love you. Joint said we love but I want to just tell I heard oh okay, look I don't Swiss.
Speaker 3: Swiss not only killed that everybody on that song destroyed and dude, you.
Speaker 1: Had I wanted to do a posse cut. You know what happened. I wanted to do a posse cut your body that open whoever get crazy ship, whoever goes first to me, and whoever goes last has the most pressure. I went last. That was that era because right now the record, I have to punt. It was nature pun cam what what you wanted?
Speaker 5: I'm the last you can what what all you wanted? That's what I wanted to do, dude. But you know what, my whole life, my whole career wouldn't make sense.
Speaker 1: I have a question if it.
Speaker 2: Was for you.
Speaker 3: I have a question on that song he said, That's why I'll never do a song with you. Wasn't directed to anybody else.
Speaker 1: I just hate you're talking about somebody, bro, I want what I know he was talking about somebody directing somebody or is because you know, I can also be universal. Just he's somebody I know this guy like that's why I'm not It was like Joseph on the Block.
Speaker 5: It's very trick because the thing about it is this, I'm very pretty for me. I'm sorry sometimes you got to I'm very credit Pete.
Speaker 1: So just I don't get trying to come up and you take a slight shot at me, I'm coming to fuck out. I'm bodying you on the wreck, which is very very but that's what that's who I am when I met him. This is how he looked at me.
Speaker 3: Get only twist in his head that he's at the front door. Yo, we gotta sesching up a D N D yo for me. I love your stuff, yo, Jo, how you doing?
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, but l A l A l A was really bumping with a lot of d js at that time. It was early, so we don't really know who he is yet.
Speaker 17: We just know weise got raw rockm morale like emeralds and morale.
Speaker 3: L A l A. That's my first meeting in him. Not he goes the weeds like like, don't forget a little dip is the reason why you and I. But the song was already out where.
Speaker 1: It's like, that's to do that the day and that's the verse that maybe J I can't believe you know I got We just did a b for you right now. Yeah, let me tell you something. You know what we gotta do somewhere we make a beat together, which we never done.
Speaker 3: We start things that drinks that right now because you know, you know, you know, you don't know if you're not you know, I don't know, I don't know if you know wherever state you are, I'll fly like that far and I would just love you for Lace and Black Poets album black Print.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no problem, problem body that problem. But this is the reason why you're so much of important producer.
Speaker 5: You can go and you can work with Carsina, and then you can turn around and you still care.
Speaker 1: A black music listen. I love music. I love ship listen. I love that I get to consider.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: I like this.
Speaker 1: I like messing with all styles of music because I am into.
Speaker 3: Country, blues, gospel rock on yeah, praier View is the town drinks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the DJ screw by the way, DJ Screw, let's talk about but the leans to But even that, that's when it was like now it's an epidemic.
Speaker 3: It wasn't epidemic then, and it was something that you just did every occasion, like going out to a bar.
Speaker 1: And having I don't drink every day. I don't you know. I got I got work to do it.
Speaker 3: I business a handle. I stay focused. From a five year old son, I'm focused.
Speaker 1: But you're still question they're about to open the car.
Speaker 3: Finish.
Speaker 1: So I mean so.
Speaker 3: A lot of the things again that are just out of control, are just way publicized or promoted on a higher pedestal.
Speaker 1: I already did all that stuff.
Speaker 3: It's about living past that and being able to still function on what's the matters that keep you in the longevity bucket.
Speaker 1: I want to be in the longevity bucket. I don't want to be in the eye. You know you had your time bucket. My bucket. I want to go all the way even again. When I'm gone, it's still hot. Gang starts still hot.
Speaker 3: I keep gangs start still hot because I care about not just his legacy and our legacy as a.
Speaker 1: Team, but his son. He has a sixteen year old son. I'm making sure his son's eating. I'm making sure his son's getting everything that his father's have. I wouldn't feel right that.
Speaker 2: Hell.
Speaker 1: My model is this. I can sleep at night.
Speaker 2: That's my mind.
Speaker 1: That's the most important thing at night. I can sleep at night. A lot of people you can go. You don't understand that like anybody else, But.
Speaker 3: My nightmares are clear from how I analyzed what I woke up to business.
Speaker 1: You can sleep, man. My mind is strong.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to end this podcast, but I can't thank you brothers enough. Thank for having for helping helping me.
Speaker 5: Both of you both helped me personally because my career couldn't be complete. I could never complete my career without having a beat, rock beat, the premier beat appreciation. Hip hop is what I want to continue to represent.
Speaker 1: I want to continue to stand by it.
Speaker 5: I can't believe twenty five million and I hate this guy right here a me brous you knew you had a twenty five million flat?
Speaker 1: Let me ask. You should have told me on Wednesday. No, No, you just a good friend. You deserve. I want to surprise you at.
Speaker 11: You don't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love you. Yeah, I'm having a movie, but I love you.
Speaker 6: I let you.
Speaker 1: I can't believe just you asked.
Speaker 3: Yes, everything I do outside of hip hop, when I do hip hop, I keep it hood, keep it hood.
Speaker 1: Everything else I can do balance, slow songs, pop songs. I like that music too.
Speaker 3: Yes, hip hop, I keep keep it hood because that's why I like to listen to it when I buy it, drive.
Speaker 1: To it, or have my radio. If it's either my radio or this. You guys are the bedrock. Please stay let's rock listen.
Speaker 5: If it wasn't for YouTube, brothers, I wouldn't have a childhood.
Speaker 1: You brothers, that's well deserved what you got.
Speaker 2: It's better than you could say.
Speaker 1: Ain't gonna let's be on wrap. This is a podcast. They should make it platinum though, why do you make it? Go Matt Steps, it's not twenty five five hundred. You know what, You're right, you know what, you know what?
Speaker 11: He actually right, It should be, should be. I'm just happy to be here right now and listen, give thanks man too.
Speaker 5: Of the best producers of all times have just now sat down absolutely all drink champs and.
Speaker 2: The bi up.
Speaker 1: Cut the check and if you have a one more shot, one ship shot because at the end of the day, and we're gonna say and watching the battle.
Speaker 5: Because when I seen the battle and when I see that they said, this is the first time, excuse me say the whole thing, don't.
Speaker 1: My brother, I definitely have a shot. Careful.
Speaker 5: When they said that this is the first time us battled, no shot.
Speaker 1: Terrible. I felt terrible.
Speaker 5: They said that this is the first time the produces first bat And I knew that y'all guys have done this. I knew that just Blazer actually had done it with Alchemists before and so I wanted to. I wanted to actually big you brothers up because I understand what it is. But I also understand that Swiss also knows he's a.
Speaker 1: Student of the game, because he never said that. He never saw I love you, brothers.
Speaker 5: If you motherfuckers can't, if your motherfucker's Google don't work, you need to relax because these are the two of us, the best producers of all fucking time, Pete and Premier of best producers of all
Speaker 1: Let's take that FI drop