Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirell Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in What's Right with Nick Wright on Election Day twenty twenty four. We are actually not going to do any politics or election stuff today. However, I am going to get on the record with a prediction. And I normally say I if you don't like hearing me talk politics, turn it all for fast forward or whatever. This is a prediction. If you can't handle my prediction, then you can't listen to the show. My prediction is Kamala two ninety five Trump two forty three. I think that Kamala wins Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, and Nevada. I think Trump wins Arizona and North Carolina. I think the closest of those states, the closest Kamala win is Nevada. The closest Trump win is North Carolina. The next closest Kamala win is Georgia. The next closest Trump win is Arizona. So I am just getting on the record, as many of you guys know, I was the most accurate political pundit of twenty twenty two when it came to the midterms, documented and we'll see if I can keep that going in twenty twenty four. Money down, you want the honest answer, honest answer, Yeah, I mean, I'll tell you I don't mind. I've got I've got low five figures laying minus two fifty on Kamala to win the popular vote, and I have low five figures getting plus one fifty at Kamala to win the whole thing. And so that's where I'm at. So this will be a this will be a real swing in either direction. However, the no, the However, in a story for the Memoirs, the single greatest gambling win of my life, my only ever near six figure win, came twenty twenty Biden with every bet that I made being after the election had been called, because there was a lot of folks who were just debt, just really deep into the deep corners of the Internet, certain that there was gonna be something overturned or a Supreme Court case. And so for that one, I laid a good percentage of my net worth to end up winning, like I said, close to six figures. And I really felt like the smartest guy in America until around noon on January sixth, when I'm at home watching TV and I'm like, what's that mob doing at the Capitol. And then I was like, oh, no, the guys I bet against must have been on some of these telegram threads. But to those guys credit, everyone paid. So these were not bets made like in Vegas. These were bets made with individuals and nobody else. Everyone paid. But so that's the answer. Happy Election Day, your mom, your sister, and I went out and voted on Saturday. And I have the fortunate pleasure of tonight leaving New York and flying right into the belly of the beast. I am flying into what will be maybe the most hotly contested swing state, Nevada. I land at midnight Vegas time. Hopefully you know there aren't buildings of flame when I get there, and we'll see. But I will be watching the election on a plane and nightmare scenario is my seat mate is rooting for the other team and I've got my TV on CNN and they've got their TV on oh a in and we had like not not.
Speaker 3: Looking for it, but got no options.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no options, no options. I'm flying an airline that the the front of the plane goes two one two one two, And I thought, so, if you're in row two or row four, you have your you're by yourself. And I thought I had one of those seats, but I don't. I'm I don't, And I'm thinking about bringing a few hundred dollars and seeing if the person by themselves in row four wants to trade with me in row three, like do a little switcher room like the so I can? I really want to be unmolested during watching these returns?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Time for the show? Uh, episode two seventy six, Here's what missed the cut. Sakuan's reverse hurdle did not make the show. Don't play though bo Nicks being the number one wide receiver in the APC. That's disrespectful to DeAndre Hopkins. And that's what we did last night, and wide receivers doing insane catches, celebrations, all of the above. But Demansey, we must start, as my sweatshirt implies, with Monday night football.
Speaker 3: So go ahead. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the Chiefs they found a way to win again. Patrick Mahomes threw a touchdown off of one foot. He was hobbling around in that game a lot. I think he tweaked his ankle again, might be the same ankle. But the Tampa Bay Bucks obviously had a chance to go for a two point conversion there at the end. They didn't go for to win. To ot Chiefs got the win. Do you think the Bucks made a mistake there?
Speaker 2: I do not, And I am actually going to defend Todd Bowles here. This was not at all this situation the Ravens could have found themselves in the Ravens week one. Isaiah likely almost scores on literally the last play of the game, and if he catches it, if he gets his toe inbound, they definitively should go for two. There no question about it. You have a chance to win or lose in that moment. Folks treating last night's Tampa decision like that, I think are flatly wrong. I actually believe that the best chance the Bucks had of winning was kicking the extra point. Because then, so let me explain this to you, because I know people are like, well, if they go for two when they get it, they win that game. No they don't. They go for two when they get it, they find them situation. Patrick Mahomes has thirty seconds, all three timeouts, all four downs at his disposal, and the best kicker in the league. So let's say the Bucks had gone for two and gotten it. When the Chiefs have that fourth and one that they had that they ended up punting on, they obviously are not punting. They're going for it and Patrick is going to get it. Now, maybe the kicker misses, so be it. But I actually thought the best chance for the Bucks to win was to leave it up to the coin flip. Was to feel like, Okay, Mahomes tied is such a different animal than Mahomes trailing, and so tie the game. The Chiefs will be a little more conservative on their final thirty seconds. They were. They punted on fourth and short, and then if Baker calls heads instead of tails. Maybe there's a scenario where Patrick never gets the ball back. But thirty seconds and three timeouts is too much time to just assume, oh, if we get this, we win. I would have still felt like they were underdogs go ahead.
Speaker 4: And they were even in a situation to have thirty seconds Tampa Bay called an unnecessary timeout. I really think they should have gone for the two point conversion. They were in an overtime situation earlier this season with the Falcons.
Speaker 3: You lose the coin toss, you give up. You're giving them the ball. If they scored the touchdown, it's over and it's Patrick Mahomes, it's not Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 4: And they didn't have Mames, didn't have to have that much time on the clock.
Speaker 3: Tampa Bay kind of gave that to him.
Speaker 2: I think so that the two so the front end of that Demanse, I think is great analysis. And you what you're saying is what Troy Aikman said that part. I totally agree with. Their big mistake was the snap time out right when they got down there. In my opinion, what to me, the sharp thing would have been there to hurry to the line, run a play, maybe even run the ball and then if you get stopped, then use your time out. But then you're at fifteen seconds. If they had scored with less than twenty seconds left, then I would say go for two. But thirty seconds with the Chiefs having three timeouts, with the best kicker in football. With the new kickoff rules, you start it the thirty If you kick it out in the back of the end zone. Mahomes just needing twenty five yards, he would have gotten it. And I know people like, well, he didn't get it. He didn't get it because they didn't have to have it, and because they didn't go for it on fourth down because they didn't have to have it. So here's the thing people maybe are slowly coming around on on the Chiefs, and I understand why they're so frustrating.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: Whatever they need they're gonna do. Last night, for the first time all year, the defense didn't have it, So the offense scored thirty against the Chargers. When the offense doesn't have it, the defense allows the Chargers score ten points instantly, and the defense shuts him out the rest of the way. Whatever is needed is what they will find a way to give you. As a team, and for all the criticism of Patrick this year, he remains statistically the best fourth quarter passer in the league. The Chiefs are the best third down team in the league. They have the best third down conversion rate demons through nine weeks of any team in the last fifteen years. So the Chiefs offense, for all its problems, all its issues, the bigger the situation, the better they are. So whatever that game particularly needs that, the Chiefs are going to find a way to give it to you. And then you add this element. Putting Travis Kelcey on washed watch was maybe a little premature. I'm talking to you, Kevin Wilds. And then there's DeAndre Hopkins and he's gonna be awesome. Now the play deep down the field, I don't think those are gonna happen a ton. Now. That was an unbelievable pass by Patrick. Mahomes stepped into the pass rush, throws it kind of off one leg into triple coverage. Couldn't have handed it to him any better. And DeAndre still, even though he's not nearly as explosive as he once was, has the best hands in the league. Arguably he brings it in. But where DeAndre is going to be great is third down and red zone stuff. His route running is so precise, and you saw yesterday there was one time, I think it was on that last drive in regulation, when he and Patrick weren't on the same page. He kept going and Patrick threw it to where he thought he was gonna be. That's only gonna get better with time, and so the Chiefs are just figuring it out, and they're just gonna keep figuring it out. Now, with all that said, I want to get on the record on this because I'm not gonna be here Thursday because I'm playing at the NAPT in Vegas. Well, I'm gonna be playing with PokerStars big game in partnership with the NAPT. I don't know what the line is, but I absolutely remember how before the year I said I thought they'd go fourteen and three with one of the losses being a divisional loss. Next week seems ripe for that Denver at Kansas City, the Chiefs, coming off a short week, game goes to overtime, and the following week's game is Buffalo that if they're If the Chiefs get through the next two weeks and they're ten and oh, then all start entertaining the seventeen and oh piece of it. But I intellect you.
Speaker 3: Think they could lose two games these next two. You think they can go into or.
Speaker 2: I think they are very very likely to go one and one. And I think that if they lose to Denver, they are less likely to lose to Buffalo, and if they beat Denver, they're more likely to lose to Buffalo. But I just I this. I think the undefeated season talk probably ends either next Sunday or the Sunday after. Obviously I hope I'm wrong. Now if I am wrong and they get through it, then it's really then after the Bills game demands Panthers Raiders home for the Chargers, at the Browns home for the Texans, which if the Texans don't add an interior offensive lineman today, I just think Chris Jones can win that game by himself. And then at the Steelers on Christmas Day on a four day week, that's a tough spot. And then at the Broncos. So I I'm not Last year, I was obviously pot committed to the undefeated thing, and it lasted less than it lasted one game. This year, I'm less committed. One other note, gambling wise, and I again, I'm nervous about next week's games, so I don't know that I will take my own advice on this. But the single greatest investment in sports this year is waiting for the Chiefs to be trailing and fire, fire fire. The Chiefs have trailed Monse in seven of their eight games this year, and every time the market over corrects in the wrong direction. Last night, I got the Chiefs minus two hundred on the money line, minus two and a half. At minus one twenty, I had to pay and minus three and a half. Now, the minus three and a half could have lost obviously, and I listen, they all could have lost. But this is I took screenshots of it. The this year thus far. Chiefs Bengals at one point early in the game or at halftime, maybe the Chiefs to win was down to minus one forty one thirty eight. I got it at Chiefs Falcons at one point early in that game the Chiefs were underdogs. I got them at plus one ten. Chiefs Chargers at one point they were minus won eighteen. At one point they were plus one sixteen. I got them both Chiefs Raiders at one point they were down to minus six and a half. I bet on that Chiefs Bucks. I just told you minus two and a half, minus three and a half and minus two hundred on the money line. This team trails in every game and they don't cover big spreads, but they cover live lines like crazy, and so that again, I have a nervous feeling about this coming week's game against Denver. But it's just an interesting note to look at all. Right, let's demosi, Let's go on to the Dak and the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And so the Cowboys they lost another game. They might have lost Dak Prescott as well with a hamstring injury. He's expected to miss a few weeks here coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they put him on IR so he's going to miss at least four.
Speaker 4: Right, and he seemed in mouth we fing suck on the sidelines. Yeah, there's so the season seems to be over right, So what's gonna happen here with the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Well, they just made a ridiculous trade. They just gave up more for Jonathan Mingo than the Chiefs gave up for DeAndre Hopkins or the Bills gave up for Amari Cooper. That seems dumb. Jonathan Mingo, I understand he was a high draft pick, and I do like the idea of taking I mean, he was a second round pick, a high second round pick a couple of years ago. But he has been brutal in the pros. I mean truly brutal. He has fifty five catches for five hundred and forty yards and zero touchdowns through a season and a half career. I know the quarterback play has been bad in Carolina, but giving up that pick to me is bad management. And listen, the Cowboys are dead. They're dead. And speaking of bad management, you saw their starting this week, right, They're starting Cooper Rush. Guys. It's a failure organizationally to not it's a failure to have Trey Lance on the roster and to not feel comfortable seeing what he looks like in a game this week. Those two things are in conflict. If if he's so bad that you don't even want to see what he looks like in a game instead you want to go with Cooper Rush when you're three and five and Dax out a month, then you needed to admit defeat on it and cut him and not have him on your taking up a roster spot. They gave up a fourth round pick, by the way, in the fourth round that I mean that was this year's draft pick they gave up right after that. Uh, Brandon brailn Allen. I want to pull it up real quick because I just had it yesterday. Three running backs, Oh yeah, the kid from Tampa, Bucky Irving, the kid from San Francisco, Grindo, and brailn Allen all went in the ten picks. After the pick, the Cowboys traded away for Trey Lance, who it looks like they don't even feel comfortable seeing on the field. So that's an organizational failure. And all off season, demanse I discussed that I thought the Cowboys were gonna have this be approven year for Dak. They weren't signing him and they were just gonna let the chips fall where they may. Had they done that, they actually wouldn't be in that bad of shape. They'd be like, okay, season from hell, we're gonna have a top ten pick that if we tell Mica take time to come back, Tank Lawrence, take time to come back. CD. Your shoulder hurts, Why don't you miss a couple weeks, Trey Lance, Let's get you some reps that could end up being a top five pick, and you draft your quarterback and you move forward with quarterback on a rookie contract, ton of cap space, resigned Micah, You've resigned CD, and it's an instant restart. Instead, they sit out all a free agency. They don't get Micah done, they don't get CD done until the very end. They sign Dak at the last minute, and now they're just stuck, just flatly stuck. And so bringing back McCarthy was a mistake. Sitting out free agency was a mistake signing Dak, but waiting till the last minute was a mistake all of it. I mean, they a terrible Cowboys year. Had they not resigned Dak wouldn't have been the worst possible thing. You let Dak walk, you take your chance with cam Ward or Shodoor Sanders or whomever, and you started over with a rookie quarterback. So yeah, listen, that's gonna be a huge whiff by me. And obviously the Eagles are far better than I thought they would be, even though the coach is still a total dfist. What could save me in those preseason that preseason NFC East was the little taste I put on Washington at fourteen to one to win that division, because right now there's still atop the division. All right, let's go on to the other good teams in the league.
Speaker 4: Demase, all right, Yeah, so everybody's NFL power rankings is gonna have the combination of Buffalo, Baltimore, Detroit, and your Chiefs one through four. I assume anybody who doesn't have the Chiefs is just being satirical.
Speaker 3: I assume as well, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Who are you most scared of? Though, And you can't say nobody. There's got to be a team in the league, you know, Well, I'm not scared.
Speaker 2: Of anyone, but of those teams, I think Buffalo is the answer of those teams because the only way Detroit plays the Chiefs in a game that matters is the Super Bowl. And I think that moment could be a little big for him. I saw golf in the Super Bowl once. It was way too big for him. Then that was also against Belichick. I understands years ago. But I also I'll take my chances with Andy Reid versus Dan Campbell in a Super Bowl. I just will. And I think that Chiefs defense is great, and the Aid and the Lions, we'll.
Speaker 3: Talk about it.
Speaker 2: Later just added Zadarius Smith that one Baltimore does not scare me at all, flat okay, and the defense stinks and everyone Baltimore is in this weird spot, Demons, where only their wins count all day yesterday it was, it was on sports TV everywhere. Baltimore is the scariest team in football, when seven days earlier they lost to the Browns, a brown seam that just got dog walked by the Chargers. We only judge Baltimore by their great performances, and yes, their best has looked better than everyone else's best, but they've also been bad.
Speaker 3: The way they win their games is insane.
Speaker 2: Yes, same with Detroit, right and Detroit, though at least didn't have three losses. Buffalo to me, they obviously have played the Chiefs close in the playoffs last two times they've played them, and one day they're gonna win. I I actually sorry, Bills fans, I actually think Tyler Bass making that sixty yarder is gonna cost you. Bass is not a reliable kicker, flatly, and him nailing a sixty one yarder to beat the Dolphins guarantees he's your kicker the right to the year. And I can see that really ripping your heart out in a critical spot come the postseason. Sorry, I just can see that happening.
Speaker 3: Go ahead and.
Speaker 4: See how a Buffalo fan would be very annoyed by what you just said, and why Buffalo fans would be annoyed with you.
Speaker 3: Period. Kind of brings me in to a too, but yeah, go ahead, follow up period. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the Buffalo Bill's media seemed to They tweeted out a picture and they said never a doubt, and you said, this is a ridge too far, What's what's happening here? And also you think Buffalo missed opportunity to take this shot at you beating Kansas City in two weeks.
Speaker 2: Well, they'll definitely tweet it out if they beat Kansas City, but they also should know better. You know, the first time they tweeted never a doubt, you were sitting right next to me Bill's cheeks. Yeah, and they tweeted it with two minutes left after one of the gay theaters touchdowns. Never a doubt. So I mean, listen that the.
Speaker 4: It's and that's definitely at you, Like that's that's towards you, right, like there's there's there's not a coincidence, Like that's obviously.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's my thing. And I again, I don't know how to show the tattoo on on camera. I've struggled with this every single time. I don't know what to do, how to show there we go. Yeah, I mean the I mean when Jim Nance says never a doubt after the Chiefs the Bengals, it's an homage to me. When Patrick Mahomes sends the only tweet he sent out the entire postseason, and it's him holding both trophies an hour after the Super Bowl, and all he writes is never a doubt, it's an homage to me. And when the Buffalo Bills tweet out never a Doubt, it's a shot at me, which is fine. Bill's fans not even mad at you about it. It's all good. But the sports gods are not gonna smile fondly upon that. I tell you that much. Right now, all right, trade deadline stuff?
Speaker 4: Yes, So the trade deadline is at four pm Eastern today. A few moves have already happened, including the Lions landing Zadaria Smith. So we're gonna play a game I think we played a couple of weeks ago. It's a different version of it, same thing. But we're gonna name a team that fits each of these categories in blackjack terms. So one team that needs to make a move aka hit, one team that needs to sell aka bus, and one team that needs to stay put.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the team needs to hit obviously as Baltimore, Well, you know what can I give you two Baltimore and Houston. Houston. I don't think it's what they need is not gonna be available. They need some interior offensive linemen, Like if the Cowboys were smart and they were selling instead of buying, maybe they could convince Houston to pay a king's ransom for future Hall of Fame or thirty four year old Zach Martin. That would be interesting. But it's very, very, very difficult to trade for offensive lineman. I understand the Vikings just did it. That's tough. The Ravens should pay whatever it takes get Moore Shaun Lattimore out of New Orleans flatly just what they should do. I don't know if they're gonna do it. They added Deontay Johnson that didn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. They need or bring Clowney back from Carolina. They need defensive help. The team that needs to sell. Excuse me, I'm sorry, I if if we're being serious, the Jets should shop DeVante Adams. The Jets should say we're not crawling out of this three and six hole and we're gonna trade Devonte Adams. They won't do that. No, Miami, Miami should consider Miami should see if they can get back from a team what they close to what they gave up for Tyreek Hill. They're not gonna do it. I'm just telling you teams that should do it. So the answer is probably New Orleans with Latimore like the Jets and Dolphins should, but they won't. New Orleans should consider it. New Orleans needs to start resetting everything they just fired the coach that would be That would be my answer. And then the team that needs to stay put. I would say at this moment, green Bay. Green Bay could trick itself into thinking, oh, we're a super Bowl caliber team right now, probably a degree below that, but you're young, you draft incredibly well, your cap situations in goods, in a good spot, I would keep this thing rolling rather than mortgage things when you're not. I don't think you're gonna catch Detroit like your You're not one piece away from all of a sudden winning the conference, but you could win the conference next year, so that would be that would be my advice for those teams. Take quick break, come back What's Right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Right. And this episode is brought to you by Lexus Racing. If you're a fan of high octane excitement and precision racing, I got something you gotta hear. Since twenty seventeen, Lexis Racing has been pushing the boundaries of precision innovation and pure racing excellence. Last year, Lexis Racing, alongside their partners at Vassar Sullivan, took home the twenty twenty three IMSA GTD Pro Class Championship with the stunning Lexus RCF GT three. That's right, their first GT Racing championship, and it certainly won't be their last. Now the team's reving up for an epic twenty twenty four season. Make sure you follow along every race weekend, keep an eye out for those eye catching day glow yellow and black Lexus RCF GT three's, and listen for the roar of the Lexus V eight engines. Want to witness history in the making. Follow Lexus Racing every step of the way. Visit lexus dot com slash motorsports to learn more about the team, the cutting edge technologies behind these incredible racing machines, and to get all the details on upcoming races. Lexus Racing where luxury meets high performance and the pursuit of victory never stops. That's Lexus Racing dot com slash motor Sports. All right, demonse, let's play it. Let's do hot seats, play a game and then get to some listener questions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, Dennis Allen was the most recent head coach to be fired after losing to the Panthers, so we assume he's not gonna be the last head coach fired this season. Who do you think's next? Eberflus Peterson Pierce. I know you probably want to throw Sirianni in there.
Speaker 2: No, Sirian's not gonna get fired anytime soon. Oh. By the way, though, shout out to Dennis Allen for somehow getting to nearly eighty games coached in his career. Just a remarkable achievement for one of the worst coaches I've ever seen. They he got three years in Oakland they went four and twelve, four and twelve started zero to four. He's out of there. He then takes over New Orleans seven and ten of miracle nine to eight last year, starts this year two to zero, then seven straight losses. So so finishes two and seven. So for his career he won thirty three, less than thirty three percent of his games, twenty six and fifty three. And so listen, New Orleans has to it start the whole thing over entirely. This is a good first step. And now we get to Antonio Piers, who just fired three coaches that he hired six months ago. Antonio Piers is a first year head coach who fired essentially the entirety of the offensive staff a week after they scored twenty four points because when now seven was by the defense, fine, because they allowed forty one points, you allowed forty one points. You gotta fire out all the offensive coaches. Now, I don't think Luke Getsy is some great offensive coordinator. However, Antonio Peers, you cannot, as a first year, first time head coach, fire your whole offensive coaching staff at the midway point of the season. You just hired them. It's just so ridiculous, and so I don't.
Speaker 4: Think they're as an offensive assistant.
Speaker 2: Do they have Norv Turner or Scott Turner Turner? I thought they had Nerves Norv's son, do they Is Norv Turner there as well? No, I think they have. I think they have Scott Turner in there. Maybe Norv is consulting, but Scott Turner is definitely there. Who's nerves Norv's son? Am I wrong on that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They have Scott. They just added I think they've got both.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So Scott Turner was already there. Now they're bringing in Norv Turner, who's got a be holds Norv Turner, he's gotta be over seventy. So listen, Pearce is not gonna be back next year. They shouldn't have hired him. I'm confident in that the guy who should be most concerned about a mid season firing is Doug Peterson. That's the And listen, Trevor threw a pick to lose the game. I'm not absolving Trevor of that, but they committed to Trevor this offseason. Peterson and eber flush. So here's what I would say. Let me just kind of so we have had. The Jets have fired their coach, and the Steelers, sorry, the Saints have fired their coach. I would be shocked if Peterson or eber Flus are back. So there's four. I don't think anyone in the NFC West is firing their coach. In the NFC South, I don't think he's gonna fire another coach in Carolina one and done. So everyone there is safe. In the NFC North, I said eber Fleuce, everyone else is safe. Dable is probably gone, McCarthy is definitely gone, Pierce is probably gone. And the Bengals. I think the Bengals are gonna continue this turnaround. If they fall on their face, then Zach Taylor maybe. But so I think there's gonna be seven job openings next year.
Speaker 3: I think how it's gonna land.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I did. If I didn't, then I should have the I mean I thought I did. But if I didn't, when I was counting it at him, I mean, he's definitively gone. I think he'll probably finish the year, but he's definitively gone. All right, Deman say, let's do bracket to unpack it.
Speaker 3: All right? Yeah, So halfway through the season.
Speaker 4: It's obvious that teams have had some starts that they did not think they otherwise had in store.
Speaker 3: But who do you think has it the worst?
Speaker 4: Are we gonna put the teams with the most disappointing starts in a bracket to figure that out? Round one, you got Dallas versus Cleveland, and then.
Speaker 2: Dallas is way more disappointing. Dallas is way more disappointing because they had real expectations. Anyone that thought Cleveland was gonna be good this year was a total dope. So it's Dallas unequivocally, it's Dallas.
Speaker 4: Next, and then below them, you've got Jacksonville versus San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's definitively Jacksonville, because the Niners are probably gonna be fine, like they're getting guys. Christian mccaffick should be back this week. Injuries, you know they've had injuries. They're four and four. The Jags have just lost games that they have no business losing. They were supposed to be a plate they went to the playoffs and they started eight and three. Since then, they've just been one of the worst teams in the league. So it's definitely them all right to the other side of the bracket, Demonse.
Speaker 4: Okay, And so on the other side, we've got the Jets versus Chicago.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is a really tough one, really because it's both massively Yeah to me at least, but I was the only person that thought the Bears could be a super Bowl team. A lot of people thought the Jets could be a super Bowl team. And the Jets have been worse than the Bears. So the Jets. The Bear's been very disappointing, but the Jets went out on that.
Speaker 3: Next we got Miami versus Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Miami. I think Cincinnati's gonna be fine, and so Miami because even when they've had toa they haven't looked great. Their only win with Tua came against the Jags in a game the Jags kind of gave them a great job by Mike McDaniel and Mike McDaniel's agent to get him that contract extension before the year ooh we or else his seat would be quite hot. And so that's where it is, all right. So our final four, demonse is.
Speaker 4: Who final four is Dallas, Ritt Jacksonville. And then on the left side, and then on the right side, we got the Jets, and we got Miami.
Speaker 2: So listen, in the finals is gonna be the Cowboys and the Jets, two teams that had legitimate Super Bowl hopes, two teams that both have three wins, and neither of whom look like they are going to have any semblance of a playoff chance. But the most disappointing team is the Jets. Because the Cowboys at least can say, our three best defensive players got hurt, that's what. And they clearly had more systemic problems than that, but they can blame it on that. The Jets have nothing to blame it on but themselves and Aaron and so the and the Jets were in denial. I guess the Cowboys who. Cowboys just traded for wide receiver like the Jets did, but they didn't give up as much. And so the answer is the Jets. The Jets are the most disappointing team in the league this year. Sorry Jet fans. All right, quick break listener questions? Next, What's right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Welcome back in What's right with Nick? Right demonse, Let's do some listener questions.
Speaker 4: Feed Malass says, is the Bengals getting the seven seed the worst case scenario for the Chiefs, it could be a tough matchup in the divisional round.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know that. I think it's the worst case scenario because to play that out, that would then mean the Bengals clip the two seed in round one, so the Chiefs are the one. Now, if the Chiefs somehow fell to the two and the Bengals are the seven, that's a huge bomber where all of a sudden, round one you're facing Cincinnati. But when the way it's set up, it sounds like you're talking about that the Chiefs are the one because you said the divisional round, I mean the Bengals. That would mean the Bengals go to Buffalo or to Baltimore and beat them. Now, what would be a bummer would be if somehow the Steelers get the two seed, the Bengals are the seven, and the Bengals clip them, and then you've got to play the Steeler or the Bengals in round two, because you'd much rather play the Steelers if you're the Chiefs. But I think it really depends on how the bracket falls. But I'll take my chances if I'm the Chiefs with a seven seed Bengal team coming off of what would be a brutal road playoff victory against an awesome team with the Chiefs being rested after the bye.
Speaker 4: Next, sports enthusiasts, in a Bill's Ravens playoff rematch, what's more likely Ravens will out win or Bills went out right?
Speaker 2: Bills went out right. The Ravens aren't blowing out a good team in the playoffs, it's not. I mean, since Lamar has been there, they haven't won a playoff game where the defense allows more than thirteen points. They've only won two, and they've both been like the one was a seventeen to three win and the other one was the blowout of the Texans last year. And so yeah, I mean, the Bills went outright to me.
Speaker 4: Next, Sam in for if Kansas City does go ahead and win a third straight Super Bowl, are you gonna call them Mahomes.
Speaker 3: The hat trick? Are you gonna call them hat trick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Instead of Patrick hat trick Mahomes. I'm not gonna do that. I'll leave that for other people, all right. So let's go to Nico before we wrap up.
Speaker 4: Demanse Nico Dragons what would have undefeated regular seasons but no Super Bowl title mean for the Chiefs, for the Chiefs claims to the greatest dynasty ever.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it would mean they checked off that exact box the Patriots had. Right, they're chasing the Patriots for greatest dynasty, and the Patriots did that undefeated regular season losing the Super Bowl. But I to me an undefeated. That Patriots team is special to me, not just because they were undefeated, but the way they were undefeated. They were just trouncing everyone. This Chiefs team obviously isn't doing that. So this Chiefs team going undefeated and then not finishing it would not have the same it would be. It would be to me more similar to the fifteen to one Cam Newton Panthers team that then lost in the Super Bowl. Nobody thinks of that team as like an all time great team, even though they were fifteen to one, because there's a lot of close wins and then they lost in the Super Bowl. So I just the last year, I thought chasing the undefeated thing was a way to stay shot because that was the only history they could go for. This year, they're going for the first three peet and Super in the Super Bowl era, So it's a different story. All right, very busy day for me. I'm about to hop on with Levatard in a few minutes. Then I'm on with Colin. Then I have the show. Then I get on a plane to Vegas, and I nervously watch every single minute of election coverage, even though I'll know we're not going to get any real information till probably the middle of the night, but so be it. Wish me luck in Vegas. No show Thursday. We'll post our picks and I'll see you guys on TV later today. What's up to monds that you want to say something?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, good luck with the with the poker stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I forgot, and you're in for a What did I say.
Speaker 3: You were in for five percent?
Speaker 2: I said you, your sisters and your mom are all five percent free rolling each when the reality is you guys are all probably yeah, yeah, Mom is probably. I'm probably hitting the five percent.
Speaker 3: Mom's getting the rest.
Speaker 2: That's right, all right, see you guys later. What's right? Hey? Thanks for watching. If you're still here, do me a favor. Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when we have new episodes. After you've done that, one more favor go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well. Don't forget. We're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty. It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bell so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers. We're right around one hundred and fifty thousand. We'd love to get to two hundred thousand. Get demanday another plaque, so like, subscribe rate, send a rating to do all that cool stuff. Thanks guys,