Speaker 1: Hey, brand new week, brand new podcast. Welcome to the Brook and Jeffrey Second Date Update Podcast. We're so glad you're here and we got We've got.
Speaker 2: A wild one today.
Speaker 1: So I think there's gonna be a lot of angry people by the end of this at this guy.
Speaker 2: But I could be wrong. I could be reading it wrong.
Speaker 1: Let us know in the comments, and we got some great comments from our wonderful listeners. Yes, this one made me a laugh from Grayson who said, I watch these every night to fall asleep.
Speaker 2: I love y'all.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like we're too annoying to fall asleep too. Is that just me too loud?
Speaker 3: I know, maybe it's alarm one.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's like white noise, like it hits that level where it's got it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Someone needs to explain to us on that one, but we love it. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Keep the comments coming, like subscribe and sit back and enjoy.
Speaker 2: The brand new podcast starts now.
Speaker 4: Second Date Update.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of fun things in life that begin with the word street, street, street, magic, street to.
Speaker 2: Ghost Okay, jeff Street meets.
Speaker 5: Yeah street walkers, right, I feel like I do that. I walk down a lot of streets. Yeah, well, today we're going to talk to a street dater.
Speaker 2: Jeff's like, why are people giving me money for?
Speaker 4: You must have really good hair today.
Speaker 5: But again, this guy says he's a street dater. He met someone will well, not stereotypically, but he met somebody while out on the street.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, that's what I meant.
Speaker 5: His name is Drew street Walker. Yeah, technically Drew street Walker too.
Speaker 6: I think I walked the streets about as much as everybody else around here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a humble street walk Jeff's neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Okay, we should probably using that phrase.
Speaker 5: But apparently you met somebody while just walking out and about how did that happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I was at a bookstore locally, and I like to read. So I'm leaving the bookstore and you know, I have my face buried in the book because I'm walking and I knock into the woman.
Speaker 2: Oh that's kind of a cute, you know, it sounds like out of a movie. The bookstore is involved.
Speaker 6: Clumsy, her bag fell. I helped her, and then I gave her a little flirt.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, did ever really happen in slow motion?
Speaker 2: I think he's joking about that part.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I imagine the bag falling.
Speaker 5: He grabbed it, he picked it up, he ran, gotcha, you just.
Speaker 4: Knocked her bag out of her hand.
Speaker 6: By accident, Yeah, by accident.
Speaker 2: Oh you really did knock the bag over.
Speaker 6: Yeah. We bumped into each other. It was a pretty big bump, and you know, everything just kind of flew all over the place. I helped her. Some stuff fell out of her bag, and I said, you know, it's usually old ladies I knock over and then I just move on and.
Speaker 4: Really funny he.
Speaker 2: Beats him with her I get the joke.
Speaker 6: So then we started walking and we started going in the same direction. So I just started doing a little more like joking, like you following me, and she's like, no, you following me? And we laughed again, trying to build like a little rapport, bro, Like.
Speaker 3: You're turning like kind of a bad situation or a weird situation into like something positive.
Speaker 2: What point were you able to get her name?
Speaker 6: I did ask her name, but we walked a little more, and we'd love to know the name.
Speaker 3: She's like, don't tell anybody what my real name is.
Speaker 6: That name is Sonia.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you and Sonya are just accidentally walking in the same direction and kind of flirting with each other.
Speaker 6: It sounds like, yeah, we eventually get to a park and we start walking through the park.
Speaker 5: What when you got into the park? Is that when you took her bag?
Speaker 6: Then that's when I knocked her over and ran Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gotcha more escape routes than here a tree.
Speaker 1: Did you really have to go to the same way or were you just pretending so you could plants?
Speaker 2: Like you both just had free time to keep walking.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's true too.
Speaker 6: I walked through that park all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, this isn't like the first I was going in that direction anyway. So it's just like a very good meat cute.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: Eventually we came across a sketch artist and he flagged us down. He was like, hey, you guys want to get a picture. You thought we were a couple?
Speaker 2: Wait did you get a character drive?
Speaker 6: Oh? Look I was down, but she wasn't. Okay, I think first, I think at freak out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sounds there's so many like perfect things that are happening to you along the way on this short walk.
Speaker 4: You didn't set this whole thing up. It sounds like.
Speaker 6: How could he do No, I didn't set anything up.
Speaker 5: Well, you just have a friend who's like in the park with a thing, and he's like, I'm just going to take her this way.
Speaker 6: I didn't say it was a friend. It was just a sketch artist. He wasn't a friendly.
Speaker 2: The most that would be the most elaborate setup ever.
Speaker 1: You accidentally run into somebody and then suddenly you call your buddy when she's not looking, who happens to be an artist, and tell him to set.
Speaker 2: Up quickly in the park.
Speaker 3: I really want to sit down with her for forty five minutes. This stranger.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: We've heard people that have like orchestrated all sorts of weird things in order to make that's true, but.
Speaker 3: This doesn't sound like that.
Speaker 2: Jab how long is this walk going on?
Speaker 6: We're about twenty minut and it's into the walk. By the time she said no to the picture way through the park and we got to the end of the park, it was probably about a half an hour. We were together, and I got a good vibe. So I asked her number to go out, and she gave me a number, and the date just hasn't materialized.
Speaker 1: Since said, Okay, have you guys talked via text or phone call?
Speaker 6: No? Nothing. I've tried to call a few times. I've lost a few messages.
Speaker 2: I automatically think that she gave you a fake number.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's no response.
Speaker 6: It was her voice on the voicemail it okay, okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: She gave you the numbers. So I'm assuming she's single. Did you specifically ask her?
Speaker 6: I didn't ask her if she was dating anyone. No, but I left a few voicemails and she hasn't answered.
Speaker 2: How many yeah?
Speaker 6: Three? Maybe four?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't like. I don't think I called a girlfriend that many times in one year.
Speaker 2: I think my mom calls me.
Speaker 4: He felt the connection.
Speaker 3: So when everyone's different, some people love being on the phone.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you take a break from your extensive book reading in order to help reach out to the show. And we're going to try and help you call this girl. What's her name, Sonya? So yeah, sonyr Okay, we'll reach We'll reach out to Sonia, and we'll do your second date update right after this hold on second Date update. If I hadn't read it on the back of a Blockbuster movie sleeve, I still wouldn't believe it, but an accidental sidewalk bumping turned into your classic Hallmark street walker love story.
Speaker 2: Again with the term, Yeah, that's the wrong use.
Speaker 1: We're trying to make it sound better than it's not a Hallmark movie.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that one.
Speaker 5: It fits in this scenario because our listener Drew accidentally ran into a woman outside of a bookstore, knocked over her bag, and then turned that awkward moment into a twenty five minute stroll through a local.
Speaker 1: Park thirty I believe. I mean, those five minutes are going to be precious. When it's only a short amount of time.
Speaker 4: You have to get fair.
Speaker 5: And it all seems too perfect to be true. And maybe it was because she's not responding to any of his messages.
Speaker 3: It's always the park scene. Yeah, ruins something in that.
Speaker 1: I mean he left Okay, here's the thing. You left four voicemails. Yeah, we have not asked what was in the voicemails.
Speaker 6: I just told her, Hey, it's me Drew by the park. You need a lot of guys by the park. I mean it's true, not even from the park, like the guys that's adjacent.
Speaker 4: Maybe she thinks you live in the park after.
Speaker 5: That that there's a chance though that if she's not responding to anything, maybe she wasn't even real.
Speaker 3: He was real?
Speaker 4: Are you sure that would make me crazy?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 2: What could just mean? You have a bad drug habit?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're from the park. Were you microdosing that day? No, Homark hasn't done that yet. A microdosing Christmas lead to this? Well, if you over micro dose?
Speaker 1: Yeah, those kids still in the DARE program.
Speaker 3: I signed that contract.
Speaker 5: Let's let's just have all the street walkers unite because we're gonna call and we're gonna get an answer from this woman to figure out what actually happened, if she's real, and hopefully if there's an explanation.
Speaker 2: A lot of kids listening who use that term wrong for the next Christmas the street.
Speaker 4: This is the education you get here. I'm going to die of the number right now here we go.
Speaker 2: Hello, it sounds real, jeff.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a person. Is this Sonya?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 7: This is Sonya?
Speaker 2: Who is this?
Speaker 4: Hey, Sonya? We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Hi, Hi, Hey, what's this about.
Speaker 4: This is a segment that we do on our show.
Speaker 5: It's called a second date update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners. His name is Drew, who you met the other day outside of a bookstore.
Speaker 2: Did you just laugh?
Speaker 7: Are you sorry? I just I can't believe that you're calling about him.
Speaker 2: What you remember?
Speaker 1: Remember Drew naught you over on accident outside the bookstore?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I remember Drew.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well that's great because he said there was like a meet cute type of situation that happened on the street, and then you guys went through a park for a bit.
Speaker 4: He left a few messages.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean that did happen, and I was actually open to seeing him again.
Speaker 6: That's for the messages.
Speaker 7: The messages are the problems.
Speaker 5: Well, we asked him about the messages, and he basically, according to him, he said, it was basically, hey, this is Drew from the park.
Speaker 4: Remember I'm Drew.
Speaker 6: Is that what he said?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well summary interesting?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm not curious.
Speaker 7: Like he left me one message that was so ridiculous. I actually my roommate and I have been like dying laughing about it. Oh. I actually I wrote it down.
Speaker 2: Well you wrote down the message because it was that funny to you.
Speaker 4: Wow, it would it be okay if we know what the message said.
Speaker 7: Oh absolutely, I'd love to read.
Speaker 6: It to you.
Speaker 5: Because we haven't. We haven't heard anything about it. We just know there was a bunch of messages.
Speaker 2: She is delighted to Yeah, she is, okay.
Speaker 7: So he told me, he said, I left you a message you didn't respond to, and I don't like leaving second messages. But I like you. You're very elegant, you're very attractive. But I don't play that game. If I don't hear back by three pm tomorrow, well I'm no longer interested.
Speaker 2: Because he called us. Yeah, it didn't mean it.
Speaker 7: Then she goes on to explain why I should.
Speaker 2: Call him some positives.
Speaker 7: That's good, He says, I'm very smart, great in bed, and I makes a lot of money.
Speaker 1: But something everybody says, I mean, it's one of those things when you say it's hard to believe.
Speaker 3: It's like you need to discover those things.
Speaker 7: So then he says, believe it or not, I'm a complete catch. I'm one of the only men in the city that has no issues.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, I'm the best one.
Speaker 2: I have yet to find a person that doesn't have issues.
Speaker 3: Is like a child trying to do reverse psychology?
Speaker 2: Is that finally the end of the message.
Speaker 7: So I don't know what your situation is. If you're just insecure, or if you're on medication half way psychologically normal and you haven't called me because something bad happened in your life and you just needed a few days.
Speaker 1: He chet and so started unhinged.
Speaker 2: It got a little better. Now we're back.
Speaker 3: Now we're unhinged again.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So clearly there was a lot happening in that message, and it could help to get insight into what he meant.
Speaker 2: By it because it's embarrassed.
Speaker 5: Right now, maybe because Sonya, he is on the other line listening. We've got Drew waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Oh hey, hey, Sony, Hey hey, is there something that I said that wasn't true? Was there something that I said all that voice now that wasn't That was a lie?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can't say that, dude. You're coming to kind of hot, Yeah.
Speaker 2: A little bit I think defensive, no apology.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm sorry, Drew. I just like we met for thirty minutes, we didn't even go on a real date, and then all of this you're going on about how great you are, and then you start to come for me and like blame me for not calling you back. I just found it all to be a little much for someone that like I'm You agree that I'm right.
Speaker 6: So what was the problem. You don't you don't appreciate being direct. You don't like guys who are direct. I'm direct, making a lot of money, I'm smart, and I'm good in bed, being direct.
Speaker 2: More and more doubtful talking about you.
Speaker 6: Know, you're all laughing now, but you won't be You'll be crying later when I'm out of your life. That's what's gonna happen if you don't make the right move.
Speaker 3: I mean, I gotta find out how good you are in bed, bro, So.
Speaker 6: You didn't call me back was really stupid. I mean, come on, people like me who are good in bed and smart and stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, why do you leave with that?
Speaker 6: Stupid person is going to give that up?
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 6: You know, you know, in this city there are no men, and I'm a total catch. You know that I agree with him on that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know, Drew.
Speaker 7: I feel like the people who are actually good in bed don't go around talking about how.
Speaker 6: Good they are in bed.
Speaker 7: I'm not getting the best vibes from you, to be honest, Like, it just feels like that.
Speaker 6: You haven't bragged about being good in bed.
Speaker 4: Yeah we are, You're not supposed to.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Listen to any hip hop music they're all about that.
Speaker 2: Are we going to ignore the rest of the text about.
Speaker 7: What was that?
Speaker 6: I saw her beg, her begs. Everything fell everywhere I saw her meds.
Speaker 2: You read everyone's on medication.
Speaker 6: On medication. You sound crazy smart and well read.
Speaker 1: Sonya girl, I thought you were going to come to Drew. This is honestly, this is shocking to be I thought we were going to come to Drew and you were going to be humiliated that this voicemail was out there.
Speaker 5: But like only somebody who's addicted to meds would be humiliated.
Speaker 4: He's perfect, broke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with no narcissistic tendencies at all.
Speaker 6: No, I don't clearly good, sonya?
Speaker 4: Was he read? Are you on the verge of tears right now?
Speaker 7: I just really heartbroken that it can't be with this perfect.
Speaker 6: I'm glad that you can finally admit it.
Speaker 5: Well, Sonya, don't give up yet, because I'm going to give you a second chance right now by offering to send you out with the only perfect man in the entire city with no issues, with no issues.
Speaker 6: She would do that if she went on a date, if she called me back like a normal person, I wouldn't have to do what happened. But he just called me back like a normal person.
Speaker 4: Sonya.
Speaker 5: It's up to you if you'd like to see him again or not yelled at a little bit, it's your choice.
Speaker 7: I appreciate the offer, but I really I'm really not into theism.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's shocking.
Speaker 5: She's talking about me though there like and I get that, But what about Drew?
Speaker 2: That was really shocking.
Speaker 6: I say no to Drew also, Wow.
Speaker 5: Wow, really, Sonya, I'll tell her this woman can't see how perfect you are, then she doesn't deserve you.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: You can't read sarcasm.
Speaker 6: Yes, she's really thanking you, jeff I don't read sarcasm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you hear it, Brooke exactly, Thank you.
Speaker 6: Drew, thank you.
Speaker 3: He really is perfect, Brook.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey in the morning, I feel like we should have asked that guy in part one, how confident are you in getting a date?
Speaker 6: One to ten?
Speaker 2: Oh? My god.
Speaker 5: I felt like maybe he was a four going into it. He would have said he'd like thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: He acts so confident, But we never brought up the fact that on message too, he said he'd never be interested again if she didn't call him back, and yet he was still on the phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, still left her more voicemails. Yeah still, I mean, all of what he was saying it is not believable.
Speaker 3: It's like a guy who doesn't know how to play the game.
Speaker 5: But someone told him right like, hey, if you ignore a girl or if you're just.
Speaker 2: This and they love ultimatum.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, didn't work, and he was totally shocked that she wouldn't take him up on the opportunity to be a perfect man.
Speaker 2: So many options, he'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Ever said they were perfect and turned out to be like perfect. Like when has George Clooney been like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, do you know what he said this week? That was so annoying to me.
Speaker 4: Let's not go into it. I don't want to go into it. I don't want to go into it. But look, if our listeners, I kind of do.
Speaker 5: If our listeners want to take advantage of the perfect man, you can go check out our Second Date podcast and listen to me host.
Speaker 1: That Okay listen text in if you want to know about the George Clooney dirt.
Speaker 2: All Share.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about it off air.
Speaker 5: But go check out our podcast wherever you get yours online at Brooke and Jeffrey
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning