Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys. This is nick shot screening live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Efferson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: How fixed this?
Speaker 3: Other than that, I've got to say, how about that?
Speaker 2: Come stamp.
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I was going to start by saying three out of four eight bad, since Bill Jones is out on assignment today, but Everson might have made it two out of four since he was finishing his lunch.
Speaker 3: Time finishing it is not close to finish.
Speaker 2: As producer Supreme Chris had a nice mix. There many sound bites before we got to stampede. And this just might be the earliest pregame show ever because we're getting ready for Cowboys Seahawks on Thursday night at and T Stadium, and glad you guys are with us on mix shots. I'm the Mick Everson and Joe Savannah here today and we will get you ready for the Seahawks. At some point we will have our picks and picks to click. Bill Jones has already set him in with explanations too.
Speaker 3: That was a very lengthy text right.
Speaker 4: On the group text.
Speaker 2: I think he just sent it. He must have just sent it. I thought he just texted me. You were on it. Oh, yeah you were, because you said, okay, that's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sending it to Savannah right now.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be a surprise for Yeah, yeah, surprise me. Wait, I got half a page of notes here on my legal pad to explain Bill's picks that he was off on assignment in I had to go to Fort Worth. So here we are a little more than let's see, seven thirty one hours before kickoff. I think if my math is accurate with the Cowboys needing to win this game, as we've been talking about, to win four straight and stay within at least just two games of the Philadelphia Eagles in the race for the NFC East title, and you know, it sounds like, and I'm gonna see what you guys think from listening that they seem to be focused on Seattle and not getting ahead of themselves.
Speaker 3: They'd better be.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, this is what this is our test. The test is not what's on the field necessarily is not necessarily our opponents you know, it's you know, can we not make the same mistakes that we've been prone to make in the past, and that is, you know, playing down two expectations much below expectations. I mean, that's something that as this team needs to mature in that fashion. You know, everyone needs to be on the same page and regards to gods. We can't go out there in a slump. We can't go out there saying, oh, we need to warm up, this is a we had a bad day. You know, right now this team needs to be passed all of those type of ailments that you got to deal with. Now, let's just play ball the way we're supposed to play every week.
Speaker 3: If we're supposed to blow them out, let's blow them out.
Speaker 5: If we're going to have a tough game, let's make the plays that were supposed to make to win those tough games in tough situations. No foot out of bounds like against Philadelphia, and no problems with running pick plays like we had against Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: So so far, so good. Beat the Giants as they should have, and they beat them forty nine to seventeen. They beat Carolina on the road as they should have thirty three ten, and they thump Washington on Thanksgiving forty five ten, So that's three. So Savannah, what do you think? What was your feel listening to the press conferences and being in the locker room this week.
Speaker 7: I feel the guys are very focused on Seattle, which is good. And I know coach McCarthy has talked about in the press conference this week is they were not focused on the Philly game that was playing on Sunday. They were here in the facility working on things that they needed to work on for this upcoming Seattle game.
Speaker 4: Their mind should not be onto Philly.
Speaker 3: Yet.
Speaker 7: We have to get through tomorrow and this is still going to be a hard matchup for them. The Seattle Seahawks are are six and five. They've had some struggles recently. However, you have to take this game by game, and the players seem to be very focused on what will be happening tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if you start focusing on what other people are doing, you'll just be miserable.
Speaker 3: Well, you have to look at the potential of the Seahawks right.
Speaker 5: Yes, they're trending downward, but at one point and even a lot of points doing this streak of losses that they've had. They've shown that they can do some things. You know, they've shown that they can run the ball. This guy Walker is no joke.
Speaker 3: You know. He's one of the hardest running.
Speaker 5: Running backs in the in the NFL right now, you know, and he's really their horse. They're going to depend on him a lot doing this game. And don't sleep on Geno.
Speaker 3: You know. Geno's a guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's had his issues, but we've also seen the guy made the Pro Bowl, you know. I mean, I know Pro Bowl could be watered down these days, but the guy made the Pro Bowl. So he's still if you're looking at it, he's on the on the upside of the of the fifty percent of the quarterbacks in the NFL.
Speaker 2: So they have lost two straight, three of the last four, not scoring a lot of points. And I think yesterday Pete Carroll chose to point out that Geno Smith in the last game they played, that he was suffering from an elbow injury, that he didn't practice hardly at all before the Thanksgiving Day game and they didn't play very well offensively. Now he said he had one of his best practices of the week this week, or of the year, I should say, and that he's ready to go. So we'll see if that was the reason why they short circuited offensively, what did they They got beat pretty good the last game by San Francisco thirty one thirteen, and they only scored I want to say, one touchdown if I remember correctly, and it was an interception return for a touchdo, so the offense basically two field goals. So yeah, they've been struggling.
Speaker 5: So at this point, we haven't shown that we are as consistent as San Francisco's defense. That's one thing that we can say. We haven't shown that we're as consistent as they are. So with them, you know, playing the way that they played, I wouldn't look forward to us blowing anyone out and they would show that on my picks to click.
Speaker 3: I look at this game.
Speaker 5: It's going to be a tough game because first of all, they're well coached team.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Anytime you have a well coached team, then the scheme alone can give you problems from the beginning.
Speaker 2: And I was gonna at one point ask each of you to give me a key to victory. But since you brought that up, I was going to borrow jay Ron curse because I asked him, what do you need to do defensively to be able to deal with these Seahawks, and he said tackling, tackling, tackling, And his point was you mentioned Walker. He's only five to nine, but he's two eleven, so he's kind of a load when he's running the ball.
Speaker 3: And mis Smith wasn't that tall either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, so you got to watch out for him. Sharbonneau the second running at six one two fourteen, so a big back, and then you got to deal with DK metcalf right six four, two thirty five and he's averaging fifteen point eight yards on his forty three catches. So that was his point that we better be able to tackle in this game.
Speaker 5: Say anything about Lockett, yeah, I mean, come on, and Lockett there is more main anyone on the team. And he does everything from pump returns to catching big plays to I think he can even throw the ball.
Speaker 3: So he's one of those guys man triple threat. Yeah, he can do. He can do everything that they need him to do.
Speaker 5: As far as those gadget players, and you know Pete Carroll is going to have some type of gadget play.
Speaker 2: Yeah for us, So either on offense or special team, no doubt, no doubt. And you know they're gonna they're gonna want to come in here and run the football, yeah, and try to reduce the time that the Cowboys offense and take the crowd out of the game. Right, And the Cowboys don't have to make any moves today. They just have to make them tomorrow. So they can do it up to four hours before the deadline to make moves. So sometime tomorrow, my understanding is they'll probably have an elevation. So you know what I'm kind of thinking, I'm trying to figure out who they might elevate off the practice squad. Now, ricco'doddell was in practice yesterday fully, so he should be able to go. I should look that up just to make sure. I mean, he was limited, but at least he's been limited, been in practice, so there's a good chance I think he's going. If he's not, then one of those elevations will be Malik Davis, the other guy they were worried about during the week, jay Ron Curse. He was full yesterday. In my understanding, he was going to practice again today, so he should be able to go. They've had a little bit of illness going through the roster, and it was Dante Fowler did not practice the past two days, but my understanding, he was supposed to be out there today along with Michael Parsons. Yesterday he had the illness, but he was supposed to be out there. Now. It's not a heavy practice right on day before the game, but from an injury standpoint, they should be pretty good. I was just wondering, if they're worried about Seattle running the ball, if they might elevate the defensive tackle. I almost forgot he was here, Carl Davis, who's a big body, if they needed another one inside. And now Misie Smith did practice this week fully, but he had a little bit of a shoulder thing going. So they may want to load up and get a little heavier in the middle there going into this game. So we'll see what happens with that one going forward.
Speaker 7: I think overall, whether they decide to run the ball more or Smith is making those passes down to lock it and Metcalf, the entire defense needs to be alert and be willing to make those tackles. And one player that I mentioned earlier this week in the flashback show that I'm.
Speaker 4: Looking up for was Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 7: Okay, I noticed in the Commander's game, so he had six tackles for solo to assist, and he had a pretty good pass breakup at one point. But you know that they are not going to be throwing it down the way If Deron Bland is covering, that's going to be part of their scheme definitely. And so you know that they're gonna go to guys curse Jordan Lewis, a few other guys down there in the secondary, and I think Jordan Lewis might be key for this.
Speaker 4: I think he needs to past breakups.
Speaker 2: Right, we'll be talgeting and and and to amplify what Savannah said, one of the reasons sometimes the cornerback and you can help me, has a lot of tackles being completing passes to his.
Speaker 5: Guy, rightokie year, I mean a lot of tackles that guy Walls is hitting them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's hit them all right, Yeah after the four down the field.
Speaker 2: Because I saw in the game, I think Bland was second or third in tackles in this past game. It's like, well, yeah, but his guy was catching a lot of until he got the interception, and you know what, And that's the cue everybody asked me about cornerbacks. It's like, you're not gonna ro shutouts. There's a reason why these quarterbacks pass for four thousand and five thousand yards. They're completing passes. But if you're a cornerback, the deal is, make me a play right to compensate for the ones that you're gonna give up. It's gonna happen. You can't pitch a shutout, but make me a play to compensate. And you know, and obviously he did.
Speaker 5: It's like the mentality is it's a marathon, it's not a sprint. And I had to play that way myself. I can't just shut everybody down, especially with my lack of speed. You got some amazing athletes on the wide receiver side. You know, sometimes you have to play a chess game, you know, you have to. You know, okay, yeah, you got this one, But what's a ten year old route gonna do?
Speaker 3: It won't hurt me, yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: The closer you get to the end zone, then things get tightened up a little bit. And that's the way I always used to play it, which is a smart way for the Cowboys to play it. Don't worry about you can't worry about d passes on the other side of the fifty yard line. That's when you start tightening things up. But when you when you're down there on the twenty, why are you jumping on the ten yeard route when you might get beat for an eighty yard touchdown? You know this is you got to keep things into perspective. Play for the team, not necessarily for yourself. To have this Monica as a shutdown corner.
Speaker 2: And as Savannah pointed out, Jordan did have a pass breakup or two, So that's making them that's making right, yes, correct, and that's what.
Speaker 5: You But will he will be targeted because I think they've shown that, you know, if you're gonna look at the weaknesses in our secondary, then he might be one of those guys. You know, coming off the injury, we were one dB down with Diggs and so he's kind of put into position that he's not that much that comfortable in. So yeah, I think they're gonna come at him.
Speaker 2: And think what's happened. They team's probably started off the season going well, I don't know that Gilmour guys pretty good. Yeah, we're gonna throw the ball somewhere else. Well, then Diggs gets hurt. Bland's got to go outside, and if they hadn't done their homework, it realized how well he played outside last year. Right now it's like, well, I don't know, we want to go there.
Speaker 3: Now we're going to go to the slot. They're going to go to the slot.
Speaker 2: Because if you think about in the Carolina game, that's where Thieling did all his work from the slots.
Speaker 5: And he just has to be patient. There's a defensive bag. You just got to be patient. You can't get frustrated. I know the optics are bad. You know you're always chasing a guy down the field ten fifteen yards or whatever.
Speaker 3: But once again, this is a marathon.
Speaker 2: It's not a sprint, absolutely, and this podcast is a marathon too. While sixteen here on a Wednesday at the Star in Frisco, and we will return and give a little update or what we can on Shaquille Leonard's travels here in the NFL.
Speaker 6: On mix shots, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left punch down.
Speaker 6: Just like football when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 8: Pres Scot's gonna run this in shelf, run it up the middle and the scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping.
Speaker 4: Of cool pepsi.
Speaker 9: Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 3: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the Armed forces. Since the Civil War, fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite would a pairing can, cracks, a kickoff, tailgates, going waypass, postgame Sunday Night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisket and the Smoker. Miller Lyte and the Creek, America's team playing America's Greatest School. Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas, devict.
Speaker 7: Shuts kpost Roofing and Waterproofine, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: As we continue here on mix shots on Dallascowboys dot com. Ever since, Savannah and Mickey here today Bill Out on assignment as we get you ready for the Seattle Seahawks and I thought we'd give a little update on Shaquille Leonard visiting here yesterday. We talked about it yesterday, Savannah. I got a personal view of.
Speaker 4: Him, right, I did.
Speaker 7: He was walking through with a big group of people through the lunch room. He was walking over to the football side, so I think he did his workout in the morning. He was scheduled to have lunch with Jerry yesterday and today he is in Philly.
Speaker 2: So he was supposed to travel to Philly the Cowboys. I'm sure got a physical in, had a good visit. Nothing took place, as I think we told you yesterday. He ended up leaving and heading to Philadelphia. And you know what, I just saw something that I thought, Oh, this is what's going to happen. So he was with the Colts right all these five years, six years since twenty eighteen. For three years while he was there, Siriani was the offensive course.
Speaker 3: Oh that's crazy.
Speaker 2: And if you guys know, Siriani is the head coach in Philadelphia. And I saw where his off season workout partners Dante Smith. So he's got some connections there. Now. We thought he had connections here having played with Gilmour along with Malie Cooker and someone asked Jerry, Oh, they asked him on his radio show on Tuesday, do you ask those guys about him? You played with him? And he was like, this is the easiest scouting job ever. Turn on the tape and we probably don't need to ask a lot of questions. But Jerry's point was, you know, we got to find out where he is basically in his career and what's the health issue, and then after that is okay, what can we do something to be able to sign them. So evidently whatever they had up their sleeve certainly wasn't convincing enough to keep him from taking the visit to Philadelphia. And they are down two linebackers right now. I just we mentioned yesterday Nikobe Dean is out and Zach Cunningham was injured in this past game against Buffalo, and I thought I just saw a headline saying he's probably out for this game too.
Speaker 7: So what were the other two teams that were interested as well?
Speaker 4: That he was.
Speaker 2: Potentially Goo and Pittsburgh. So that's the two other teams that came up. I didn't you know, obviously they can come out of his agent's mouth. Uh, but yeah, they're I mean they're playing it slick.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: If you're a free agent, the best thing you can do is try to find two teams that are interested in yeah right, get.
Speaker 3: Some money, right, get some more money. Bid them against each other.
Speaker 2: That's what you did, right, I had, I didn't, you.
Speaker 5: Know, coming out, I was of course undrafted, and so I didn't have to get a chance to go through all that stuff. I didn't get to go go through the whole recruiting thing out of high school. You know, I just played that one year at Bergner, right, So it wasn't like it was a bunch of people out there looking for me. The only time I had a chance to experience something like that was when I left the Cowboys and I was looking to go to either the Giants or the Seahawks, and I recalled, I went to see the Seahawks first, and I'm just like you said, you want to you want to milk it. You know, it's you know, it's good for your ego to have a couple of teams looking at you. And so I went to Seattle first and I worked out up there. They have sand based turf, sand based turf, Yes, I had never run on that before.
Speaker 3: First of all. It makes you slow as hell.
Speaker 2: Their practice field.
Speaker 5: Their practice field had sand. It wasn't so the field wasn't flat, you know, it almost you know, oh yeah, yeah, because you know it's it's sand based like a beach.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the best, very good man.
Speaker 5: So I ended up you know, working out for them there, but all the time, because I had to call for sales myself all the time, I was I knew I was going to New York. I just wanted to go up there and get my ego stroke right. And so I went up there, and uh, you.
Speaker 4: To weigh your options. You have to play a little hard to get you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, you want to you know, make that tick go up a little bit.
Speaker 5: And so, uh, Pete Care it wasn't Pete Care. I forget who the coach was, but Tom floyd Is was the GM and I had never met Tom. You know, he's with the Raiders all that time, and uh, they wanted to make me stay, and I'm just like, uh, Leonard, I'm like nah, I knew where I was going, right, I knew I wasn't going to Seattle. I knew I was gonna be with the Giants. That's why because I called them. Seattle called me. You see, that was the difference. So when I went to New York. You know, when I went to the to the Seahawks and I left out of there, he did not want me to leave, just like Jerry did. Leonard Floyd did not want me to leave that room without signing that contract. And I told him, I said, I'm a man of my word. I told the Giants I come to see him, and I'm going to see them. So I went to see them, and I knew that's what I was going to be, right, yeah, so obviously turned out to be a war.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, the Giants offered me less than the Seahawks. That's how much I was willing to go to New York because the Giants they weren't giving out signing bonuses. Seahawks were given out signing bonuses. But I knew they weren't going anywhere. And I don't know what they did in nineteen ninety, but I know what I did in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: So I was right, yeah, sort of like me going to college. Right, Missouri outbid Northern Illinois.
Speaker 5: Oh that made the papers, Yeah right, you were going to say the.
Speaker 7: I know we talked about last week in a little bit of this week for Leonard that yeah, he's going to want to go somewhere where there's a potential, you know, winning team at the end of this, right, and so he has to weigh his options. The money wasn't necessarily what was at the forefront of his mind. It's more what team is going to win you a championship?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just got paid, and he's getting.
Speaker 4: Paid, yeah, continuously paid.
Speaker 2: He gets a million a year for six I mean a year a game for the final five or six games. However, many the Colts have left and he's already made his money from bonuses signing bonus on this original his current contract that's costing the Colts twenty seven million in dead money.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so he's definitely just looking to win.
Speaker 2: So I think that's probably what he's looking for. And Jerry pointed that out. He said, I don't know that money is going to be the big factor.
Speaker 5: Wells, he's in a no lose situation. Yeah, the two teams that he's looking at, it's just a matter which one he thinks he is going to go the furthest.
Speaker 2: So yesterday and I was going to bring this one up it's kind of a somewhat of a funny story. It was about the game on Thanksgiving and before the game, Al Harris, the cornerbacks coach, and Doron Bland. We're talking and Bland told Harris, he goes, hey, if I pick one off and go to the end zone, He goes, will you jump in the red kettle with me? Right? And Al goes Jerry's telling the story, he goes, well, I don't know, I'll check on that, right ed he said, so before the game, Al Harris goes up to Jerry and he was talking with Mike McCarthy about the basically the same thing, right, And he told him what Bland said, and Jerry said, my response was if if if he picks one off and goes for a touchdown and sets the NFL record. He goes, I want you to run down the field and put him in the rad kettle, and if you can fit, you get in there too. And if you go back and look at the tape. As he was running down sixty three yards, Al Harris was running down the sideline with him. Now he is he was sprinting right now. He stopped. He didn't go to the red kettle because his teammates threw him in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he probably was connected to something.
Speaker 2: Because you know it's wireless. Yeah, but yeah, I thought that was pretty funny when Jerry Jerry goes, yeah, you go put him in and you jump.
Speaker 3: Into isn't can talk about that stuff?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 5: Could you imagine me going up or Jeanie Stalin's going up to Tom Landry, Yeah and say, hey, if everything happens to score, because he's never scored, can I go, you know, run to the end zone with him?
Speaker 3: But did you could you imagine what.
Speaker 5: Tom was saying?
Speaker 3: Can we can we please concentrate on football? You know we're up here celebrating before we even play the game.
Speaker 2: And plus you guys were tethered right to the headset had a wire on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but as players, you know, we can throw it. We can't even inquire, don't That's what I'm saying. Tom would be so upset. He might even he might make us practice harder just for even thinking of that.
Speaker 2: You're distracted, right, that would have been parsals, right, You're a distracted player.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Bill would be there.
Speaker 2: He would always say that he can be a distracted player. And somebody in the press conference was not paying attention. He goes, you're a distracted writer, you know, and he'd jump all over him. So one other thing on Seattle, not only have they lost three of the last four games, they've only scored thirty two points in those three losses three, sixteen, and thirteen. And the other thing I noticed, it's offense that has been their problems in their in their six losses.
Speaker 3: The offensive line is not good. Yeah, they're not good.
Speaker 4: The five cowboy Jason Peters.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was shocked.
Speaker 7: He was here last year. Yeah, and now he's with Seattle.
Speaker 3: I think I remember that that transaction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he started the last two games at tackle. But in all five of their losses, they've never scored more than sixteen points. So offense has kind of been their downfall in the games they've lost, and so and they haven't in those games they've lost, they haven't scored a heck of a lot of touchdo downs. I mentioned that they the last game against San Francisco. The one touchdown was defensive. They scored one in the loss to Cincinnati and one in the loss to Baltimore. They did have two against the Rams, but there was a stat online that said they've scored no touchdowns in twenty straight possessions, so you normally get ten, maybe twelve in a game, and so it's been a while since they've found the end zone. So a lot of this is going to depend on how well this Cowboy defense plays. And we're going to tell you how well they're going to play next here on mickshots, when we give you our score predictions and our picks to click on Mickshots.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going waypast postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker. Miller Lyte and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest school. Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Millerbrown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 6: I'm dok Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: They snapped the freshout. It looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flippt He'll love full punch down.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 2: Fresh Scout's gonna run this ship. Shelf running up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 4: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 9: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school Pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 3: That's what I like.
Speaker 6: To shots.
Speaker 7: Experienced the most electrifying event of the holiday season, Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza, powered by Reliant, Every Friday and Saturday night now through December sixteenth. Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza ignites the Star and Frisco with an unforgettable holiday performance, showcasing sixty five performers, including the world renowned Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders Santa Claus, and appearances from your favorite Dallas Cowboys football heroes who visit the Stardistrict dot com for more info.
Speaker 2: So is that starting this weekend?
Speaker 7: So that's been going on actually for two weekends. Now, okay, so this will be the third weekend. But they always have an alumni come light the tree, and we have the so many different groups in it. Santa's their cheerleaders are Rhythm and Blues Team and Rowdy.
Speaker 2: Do they light it with a match.
Speaker 7: Sure, they actually have a crystallized a match, and they pushed the football like.
Speaker 2: Sort of like the promo for Tonight's or tomorrow Night's game movie. Uh, it's the running back right from Seattle. He pushes the Marshaun Lina's hit. There's a big lever and he pushes it to start the game.
Speaker 7: Right, that's funny they put him in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was trying to be funny, she said, like the tree. It's kind of like the Doctor Pepper commercial when he lights up all his paraphernalia. Because they did not do well on the first play of the game. Right, This just in from Bill Jones. He may not be here, but something gets out Greg Bell. I think he's a guy that covers Seattle said. Pete Carroll says he hasn't seen anything this week that shows that Seahawks running back Kenneth Walker is better from his oblique injury. Says Walker will have questions about playing at Cowboys Thursday, and then no indication he will. Zack Charbonnett again may be the guy they go to, so that certainly would make it a little bit easier on the Cowboys defense if they're leading rusher who averages four point one yards of carry has six touchdown runs, would not be able to play. But as I said, Gino Smith looks like he's healthy enough. Although in these the three last four games, he's been sacked thirteen times. In one of those games it was five. So yeah, the protection, as whoever pointed out ever since about their offensive line, especially if Jason Peters at fifty years old, has to start at I think it was right tackle. He was playing right tackle, so he's like forty I think forty one. Now he's forty. Last year with the Cowboys, right, Yeah, Mike McCarthy, when they asked him about it, he had nothing but good things to say about him. And you know what he helped last year. Right, It's just the way he's built. It's hard to get around her.
Speaker 7: Speaking of former Cowboys now with Seattle, how about that the Seahawks just signed former Cowboys cornerback Calvin Joseph, who was traded earlier this year to the Dolphins for Noah a Monogamy.
Speaker 4: But he's now with Seattle.
Speaker 2: He got released by Miami and he's been out there for a couple of weeks and now Seattle signed him to the practice square.
Speaker 3: He's eventually he's got to do.
Speaker 2: Something right, right, I mean, he was your guy, you thought.
Speaker 5: Your guy. Well, I saw it was his athleticism that I really enjoyed, and the few plays he made he showed that potential, but you know, there.
Speaker 3: Was always something else that counted that. So hey, man happen to say, you know, that.
Speaker 2: Was my dude for just I guess the Cowboys won that trade, right, because even though he's not playing, he's still.
Speaker 5: Hey, we don't have Joseph. I think they warned by not having Joseph that all matters.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go, let's uh, you want me to do bills first, so Bill's always last, he's last. Okay, you're first, I'm first, all right, and Savannah's going to take notes here to make sure nobody's lying on Friday.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is gonna be one of those games.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys do it every time at home, and as always, starts off a little bit sticky in the beginning. First quarter, will probably be a little bit tough, but we'll end up winning the game. I think thirty three to fourteen, all right. I don't know how they're going to score fourteen points. I hope It's not from a pick six or anything like that, but could be a couple of old by the way touchdowns. I look, and I never i haven't gone with this guy for quite some time, but I'm looking at Dak. I'm looking at Dak to be specific. Two passing touchdowns and one rushing touchdown. All right, how does that sound?
Speaker 2: That's no arguments there, Savannah Europe.
Speaker 4: All right, let's do it.
Speaker 7: I'm just taking notes on ever since here in one rushing touchdown.
Speaker 4: You got it, all right.
Speaker 7: I am going with Jake Ferguson for my click to pick this week.
Speaker 4: Sorry if I stole this from you.
Speaker 2: Finally two weeks I think she stole my God.
Speaker 7: Great well, Ferguson, he had targets one reception for thirty five yards against the Commanders against the Panthers in Week eleven, three receptions for a total of thirty two yards, but he was on a three game touchdown streak prior to that. So I think now, with the rotations that Dak has going with the receivers and the tight ends right now, I think Ferguson will have.
Speaker 4: One touchdown this game.
Speaker 7: And I'm going with the Cowboys twenty seven Seattle.
Speaker 2: Twenty ooh, a close one.
Speaker 4: Touchdown, just by a touchdown, just by a touchdown.
Speaker 2: All right, I am next, and I will pick the Cowboys to win. Twenty seven thirteen thirteen seems to be the number that Seattle gets to. So we'll give him thirteen points seven thirteen, twenty seven to thirteen, since in their last three games they scored three, sixteen and thirteen this past give him thirteen again, I think it'll be.
Speaker 3: This is much closer than I thought you'd could this.
Speaker 2: This is the what fourth game, fourth game in nineteen days? Is that what they had? And at some point that many games, not so much physically, but mentally I think starts to wear on you. So I'm going to say twenty seven thirteen and my pick to click. Thinking about Geno Smith having been sacked thirteen times in the last four games, I'm going to go with Sam Williams with a multiple game, multiple sack game for Sam Williams, and hopefully he doesn't figure out how to commit a personal file in this game that they get mad at and don't put him back out there on defense. Right, it's either roughing or running into the punter. It's a face mask laid hit on the quarterback.
Speaker 3: He might do something as a gunner, right, You never.
Speaker 2: Know, so that's cause a fumble matemble.
Speaker 3: Never know.
Speaker 2: So I'm going with Sam Williams on this one.
Speaker 4: All right, Bill and Bill, who can't change your picks?
Speaker 2: That's right on no more Bill, Bill.
Speaker 3: Has got forty. Bill says forty to thirteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cowboys forty one, Seahawks thirteen one. And he so he wants to predict that this will be the fourth straight home game with forty points on the board.
Speaker 4: That would be amazing.
Speaker 2: And his pick to click is running back Tony Pollard.
Speaker 5: And of course he has a story behind fifty total yards and two touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Why is that? Well is his supporting? What is his supporting?
Speaker 2: In Seattle's last four games, Christian McCaffrey total yards, one hundred and thirty nine and two touchdowns. The Rams game Royce Freeman one touchdown, seventy three yards against Washington Brian Roberson. Now he only had thirty eight yards rushing, but he had one hundred and nineteen yards receiving and one touchdown. And against Baltimore, Keaton Mitchell had one hundred and thirty eight yards rushing and one touchdown. So Bill is going with Tony power lighting up the Seahawks' defense by the way, righty, So we've got that, and they have given up, by the way, seven rushing touchdowns and this was I found this one out seven rushing touchdowns in their last four games. So a big day for Tony Pollard that I thought we would finish by each giving a kind of key to a Cowboys victory, like what needs to take place to win this game? And we'll start whatever since.
Speaker 5: I say uh and I mentioned it earlier, is Walker kid. If I'm going to look at anyone, well, he's may not be made. But really, when you start looking at their offensive line, if they're not consistent at anything, they are consistent at run blocking. That's one thing that they have done well. And I'm sure that coach Carroll is going to try and run about as much as possible to keep the crowd out of the game, number one, and to keep our offense off the field, as y'all spoke of earlier in the podcast.
Speaker 3: So that would be my real key to the game.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't necessarily worry about anything else. I don't worry about our wide receivers not being able to catch the ball. I think at any game that we play this year, as long as we have as long as they can't cover our wide receivers, I think we're going to be running up scores because that's been our strength. Is not just a passing game itself, but each individual receiver that has been targeted, they have been successful at being consistent the entire game.
Speaker 4: All right, Okay, I have two key points.
Speaker 7: We're winning this game for us first and foremost, get ahead. I would like to see us keep that trend going. We've obviously seen from many games past so far that when we are ahead, they are playing catch up with us, and that's when we have the advantage point. So we get ahead early. I think that is going to put more of a workload on them and it's going to play more out in our favor.
Speaker 4: And as I know that, they are going to run the ball a lot.
Speaker 7: Gino Smith, since winning comeback Player of the Year last season, he struggled trusting his receivers and that was something he mentioned in a press conference this week. So I also anticipate him throwing the ball a little bit so our secondary I'm looking at Jordan Lewis and Ron bland for my guys to kind of keep things going down.
Speaker 2: There, all right, my key originally, and I forgot i'd done this. In six their last six games, they've given up one hundred and twenty seven yards rushing, one hundred and fifty five yard rushing, Baltimore two hundred and ninety eight yards rushing, wow, and San Francisco one hundred and sixty nine. Right, So maybe Bill did his homework on Tony Pollock. But I was originally going to say the key will be they got to get Gino Smith on the ground. And that's why I picked Sam Williams since I can't pick Parsons right. And in the last four games he has been sacked four times by Baltimore, once by Washington, twice by the Rams, and six times by San Francisco. So I think the key will be to cut the head off the snake with sacking Geno Smith. That's got to take place.
Speaker 4: That should be the title of the podcast, cut.
Speaker 3: The head off, cut his hand off.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't say he was the snake. Hell no, No, that's the threat. Make sure they don't beat you throwing the football, and make sure you can stop the run. And we need to stop mixshots now and we will be back and I'm thinking in force on Friday here on dallascowboys dot Com. Everybody have a good Thursday night game. Say you go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.