Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty Armstrong and Jetty, and he Armstrong and Jetty.
Speaker 2: He was a fantastic person. He was a man who are you going to watch? It's going to be a very big thing with him. He's going to be appreciated more now than he was when he was living.
Speaker 3: I think Donald Trump called into a whole bunch of different news shows yesterday when his friend Lindsey Graham died over the weekend and he got the news and then telling everybody about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as we were discussing earlier the narrative from stupid people for stupid people that Lindsey Graham, who originally opposed Trump, later cowtowed to him and he became a sickle fan and he's a hypocrite again, stupid analysis for stupid people. How about this? Lindsey Graham thought his goals from America and what he thought was best were so sacred to him that he would work with whoever he needed to to make them happen because he lived for those goals. He was a highly principled guy. The last thing he was was unprincipled, he's practical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he ran against Trump originally, if you don't remember, because he thought Trump he didn't like Trump's foreign policy at all, and he was really worried about Trump getting the nomination and where that would take the country because Trump was running against all these wars. Like Lindsey, Graham was more of a hawk than me on wanting, for instance, Iraq and Afghanistan to go on forever, it seems, but I agreed with him on being a hawk about Iran and Ukraine. But he was worried that everything could get out of hand, and like you said, so when he realized, Okay, I guess the country's going Trump's direction, or at least the Republican Party is, I need to still be a voice for the things that I want. So I got to figure out a way to do that.
Speaker 1: And I actually saw this phrase used in one tribute to him. My mom's family was from South Carolina, and I was a small child when my grandmother first said to me, or it could have been my mom quoting my grandmother, that you draw more flies with honey than vinegar. And of course that's not about drawing flies. What do you want to want to draw. Who wants flies around them? I've always wanted flies in the kitchen. There are few flies, but not enough exactly. It's a non expression, yet it has endured, so let's let's use it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And Lindsey Graham, also of the great state of South Carolina, believe that, Look, if you want to get stuff done, you don't do it being an ass. You do it by reaching out to people and seeing how you can work with them. So again, that whole he was a hypocrite, narrative, evil, stupid people. Forget it, it's dumb. Anyway, I was.
Speaker 3: Happy to see with the respect that he was shown by all your mainstream media over the weekend. They presented him in a very good light on your Faces the Nation, your meets the Press, your ABC's this week, which I.
Speaker 1: Was happy to see that we still do that. Yeah. Yeah. And Lindsay in particular, was a real fan of working across the aisle, even during these days. He and Senator Blumenthal, about whom I have said very harsh things, and he deserves them. They're working together on a new Russian sanctions bill that actually had teeth. They've been trying to get Trump to support it for ages. And it was finally looking like it might work. And it still might work. But yeah, he was working across the aisle till his last day.
Speaker 3: I've got a good, controversial hot take from Mark Halpern on the role of Lindsay Graham's death in the war in Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Counterintuitive. They don't like to enjoy a good counterintuitive. So we have some of Lindsay's greatest hits assembly for you. He was very, very funny, very eloquent, sincere. You know, let's let's start with something quick in jazzy Michael sixty five.
Speaker 4: Mister Zuckerberg, you and the companies before us. I know you don't mean it to be so, but you have blood on your hands. You have a product, you have a product that's killing people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was good. I tell you what, why don't we just do we start the show with a show stopper, Jack. It's his steroid to Heaven, it's his greatest hits, his hit, greatest hit, Lindsey Graham. During the Judge Kavanaugh hearings, just to reset it in case your memories are fuzzy. At the last moment, the Democrats brought forth this blasy Ford woman who claimed that in high school many decades ago, that Judge Kavanaugh was part of a group of boys who molested her on one level or another at a high school party where people had been drinking, and the memory her memories were incredibly vague and a lot of the facts didn't fit.
Speaker 3: It was the opposite of the woman that came forward against Platner last week, where there was zero contemporary at the time corroborated evidence.
Speaker 1: Her friends were like, I never heard that, right, right, there's just nothing to corroborate it. And notably because Lindsey makes a reference to this, the Democrats didn't say, hey, this needs to be fully investigated. They just brought it up at the last minute to assassinate his character. Judge Kavanaugh, you may recall, and I would love to hear this again. He finally had had enough and abandoned his I'm gonna sit here quietly with a smile on my face in a dignified way and take this because this is horrific. It made the borking of a judge Borick look tame. He blasted him, He said it was disgusting and it was wrong, and the rest of it, and then the narrative became Kavian awe as he's hot headed. He doesn't have the temperament to be on the court. Well, they came back from a break and Lindsey Graham had had enough sixty Michael, did.
Speaker 4: You know that her staff had already recommended a lawyer to dodnor Ford.
Speaker 1: I did not know that. Did you know that her.
Speaker 4: And her staff had this allegations for over twenty days?
Speaker 1: I did not know that at the time.
Speaker 4: If you wanted an FBI investigation, you could have come to us. What you want to do is destroy this guy's life. Hold this seat open, and hope you went in twenty twenty. You've said that, not me. You've got nothing to apologize for. When you see Soda Maron Kagan, tell him that Lindsay said, oh, because I voted for them, I would never do to them what you've done to this guy.
Speaker 1: This is the most unethl.
Speaker 4: Sham since I've been in politics. And if you really wanted to know the truth, you sure as hell wouldn't have done what you've done to this guy. Are you a gang rapist?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I cannot imagine what you and your family have gone through. Boy, y'all want power.
Speaker 1: God, I hope you never get it.
Speaker 4: I hope the American people can see through this sham that you knew.
Speaker 1: About it and you held it.
Speaker 4: You had no intention of protecting doctor Ford none. She's as much of a victim as you are.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 4: I hate to say it because these have been my friends, but let me tell you when it comes to this, you're looking for a fair process. You came to the wrong town at the wrong time.
Speaker 3: My friend, and a lot of the Sunday shows credited that speech from Lindsay Graham for rescuing Slash saving Kevin Oughn's nomination.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Possibly, there's a lot of grand standing in the halls of Congress and the Senate these days. It's fairly rare that you hear somebody who is obviously completely sincere that was great, That was so ugly.
Speaker 3: He never he never wavered on his whole hawkishness in terms of think in the United States needed to, you know, stand up to bullies around the world.
Speaker 1: That was man. That was a through line for him, always, even when it was very unpopular. I think that probably is partly because of his life story, that he was very much not the upper crust of society. In fact, he's still in the His net worth when he passed was like one point five million dollars. They had him.
Speaker 3: I got the article in front of me, the poorest member of Congress in terms of net worth.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's right. Oh okay, this article is wrong, man. Yeah, yeah, anyway, we can look into that. But he definitely is in the bottom half of everybody in the Congress. But he you know, he's the son of a not very well to do a liquor store owner, and his parents passed away when he was a teenager, and he adopted his sister and raised her and took care of her. He's never displayed much interest in getting rich. He just cares about American foreign policy and the judiciary and stuff like that. He's also very very funny. And the context of the next clip sixty one, he's talking to the Republican Jewish Coalition about the rise of anti Semitism. And this was a while back, but note the tone. But I just want to make it really clear.
Speaker 4: I'm in the Hitler sucks wing of the Revolgan Party.
Speaker 1: What is this Hitler?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Anyway, Here's what I do know. You can sit in a basement with weird people and say weird things.
Speaker 1: That's a free country, right.
Speaker 4: But if you ever run for office as a Republican and you embrace this, where we're going to beat your brains out.
Speaker 3: Reading from this transcript with Al Franken, a former Senator from Minnesota who was a member of Saturday Night Live wrote for Senator. To Night Live, reporters said, would your colleagues in the Senate tell you jokes? Al Franken said, yes, is that annoying? Is really annoying for a couple of them. Is there anyone who's actually funny?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The funniest Senator is Lindsey Graham. Really disappointing, isn't it. Al Franken said, that's surprising. He's very funny. Al Franken said, what's an example? I thought this was actually pretty good. When he was running for president in twenty sixteen, I was next to him in the see men's room and said, if I was the Republican, I'd vote for you, and without hesitation, Lindsay Graham said that's my problem, which is true.
Speaker 1: Wow wow, Yeah, I'm anxious to hear. Well, do you have more of the Lindsay stuff you'd like to hear? I mean, here's an example of his hawkishness in sixty two. For sure.
Speaker 4: Here's what I tell President Trump. Keep it up for a few more weeks. Take carg Island, where all of the resources they have to British oil control that island.
Speaker 1: Let this regime down a vine. The result could be a grinding war of attrition. They talk about how far away they would be from recent.
Speaker 4: Sort of tired of all this armchair quarterback. And this has been amazing military operation, God bless the fallen.
Speaker 1: But it's a difference. Let me talk about troops on the.
Speaker 4: I trust the Marines, not that guy. I trust DoD We got two marine expeditionary units selling to this island. We did a Ojima.
Speaker 3: We can do this, and that might be what we're going to do, which we'll talk about a little bit later. I really think it's an interesting conversation, and it's not everybody's personality that could do this around switching gears, befriending enemies or whatever. Because you want to stay in office to accomplish the things you want to accomplish, versus people who do that who just want to stay in office because they like being in office.
Speaker 1: Because there's plenty of that. Yeah, I think maybe it's as simple as you look at somebody and say, are they clearly purpose driven?
Speaker 3: Well, for instance, I kept hearing over the weekend Lindsey Graham found a way to always be relevant no matter you know, where the party went. So he came in in the big wave in ninety four with a whole bunch of rebels that were all about throwing Newt Gingrich out of office and a new kind of Republican party in fighting the establishment. Next thing, you know, his best friend is John McCain, who couldn't have been more of the establishment than we all know the Trump story. He ran against Trump, he ends up being Trump's closest friend, all that sort of stuff. But he all he stayed in relevant so that he could be a hawk on foreign policy all the way through, where as opposed to Joe Biden, who also always found a way to be relevant for all those years. But I have no idea what Joe Biden cared about, no idea. I don't think he cared about anything but holding onto power, enriching the Biden family. Yeah, he had so many one hundred and eighty degree reverses, not on who he was working with or whatever, but on some fundamental policies. Anyway, I wonder what you think about that text line four one five two nine five KFTC want to mention this new dating app trend among you people.
Speaker 1: That's new, young people. That's kind of funny. Among other things on the way.
Speaker 5: Arm Trump, a judge ruled that United Airlines must face a lawsuit for selling window seats that didn't have windows. And while Joy Behar's neighbors are suing her because her home does.
Speaker 1: Wow, he will ever forget. He will shoehorn in a Joy Bay reference, no matter how unlikely. Yes, yeah, I hope you didn't pay for the Connor McGregor fight on Saturday night. It lasted about thirty five seconds. Classic. The mind is wooling but the body is not. He's thirty eight years old and tried to kick a guy in the head. Like the first second he tried to do one of his big giant kicks, and then he just kept falling down and limping around, and he tapped out like in less than a minute.
Speaker 3: Just he hurt himself getting surgery today. I just read age is a thing, man, It really is. Yeah, I'm sure he thought that.
Speaker 1: If Sean used to say time is undefeated. I'm sure he thought, I've done this ten thousand times. Why can't I kick like that anymore? Well, because your body is not the same as it was when you were twenty two and doing that. Wow, anyway, you weren't here my Uh, yeah, we got this text. Hey Jack, who's that guy in the air with you? He sounds vaguely familiar Joe Getty. He's been in the radio industry for many years. My son saw Conni bercgregor walking down the street in Vegas. I was already in bed. My son was out and about and he saw because he was training for the fight that was in Vegas over the weekend. And Connor McGregor just walking down the street in Vegas does that. He walks just like he does on TV, kind of his arms sticking out, swaggering. That's his actual walk.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you swagger as much when you lost in twenty five seconds to a guy. So there's a new dating app on UC campuses. There's some Bay Area company AI companies trying to get going. Kind of an interesting idea, uh founded a couple of years ago. It just started to take off now Instead of scrolling through profiles, you complete a survey that allows the platforms AI to determine matches. New pairings are generated every Wednesday, giving match students a chance to choose a time that works for them both and according to their own data, which is probably fudged, it has arranged more than twelve thousand dates, with ninety two percent of the matched participants saying they wanted to go on a second date, which would be very high.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I read about that when it was just getting going. It's intriguing. There was some skepticism about it too, But if that percentage is anywhere near clear that truly that's pretty good. Yeah, I don't know if I will have. Yeah, for the past twenty years, we've connected in primitive ways, what based completely on looks.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's fairly primitive. But now AI brings your profiles to life as agents. Can human beings get past the choosing just based on looks and start doing the whole AI thing and letting AI choose a mate for them.
Speaker 1: We'll see. Yeah, there's a lot I guess in the question here about the things you'd like to do, your hobbies, your interests, your attitudes, and this is not. The skepticism I ran into is that that's never really been the way we've chose was in May. No, it's not. It's a mysterious prodiject, you know, product of genetics and sensing things in each other. It's probably pheromones involved. I mean, my wife and I have a couple of things in common, right, but we best friends.
Speaker 3: We should talk about that more later, because that's one of the things I noticed my brief period of online dating.
Speaker 1: We will talk about that later.
Speaker 3: We got other stuff to get to those stay here.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty. Twenty five year old Sam Farber tried to break a Gettess world record for the fastest ten meter walk while holding up alum between his knees, but the current record is three point nine one seconds. Barber did beat the record, coming in three point five seconds. I feel like somebody in this building could probably get get run tonight.
Speaker 3: Michelangelo's take was the Guinness Book of World Records needs to go away.
Speaker 1: I think you're right, right, that's just it's idiotic. Look, you get one hundred records, you pick them, Yeah, but just one hundred ten meter balloon walking. He ain't gonna make the grade. I'm guessing.
Speaker 3: So Joel, as you know, is on vacation two weeks. I mentioned in a million times celebrating's anniversary. Who's in Alaska? He was actually that guy that got flipped by the bithon if.
Speaker 1: You've seen the video. Yeah, yeah, the swelling's starting to go down. Thank god. He's okay, Thank good. Oh here's the number everybody wants to know. Three three solid pounds I gained, but only three. It's not bad. It's not terrible. No, it's not as Oh. Boy. When I got on the scale this morning, I was thinking, all right, look, brace yourself, take it like a man, do what needs to be done. It'll be okay. E. I wasn't happy about it, but it's fun. Might even be a little encouraging, Like you can you can live a pretty out there lifestyle and ain't gonna do much damage. Boy, I hadn't thought of it like that. Yeah, it was just this food was so good. So for those who don't know what times do you live, that's a really good point. As a non Buddhist A yeah, yeah. So my college sweetheart and I have been married for forty years, and so we celebrated our anniversary with a cruise. Due to the nature of this job, Jack and I don't take long breaks much. It's not like I've risen up in the insurance world and I can have Jim cover my big accounts and let me know if something big happens and then go on a safari for three weeks. It's just not the nature of what we do. So we haven't traveled nearly as much as Judy would have liked to. So for our fortieth anniversary, I'm more or less declared that, not that there was a problem with it, but look, we're taking a two week cruise. We're gone, so good luck, goodbye, see us suckers. And we went off to Alaska, which is every bit as amazing as you have heard. The landscape wise, just every time you open your eyes you say, oh my god. I still call it Seward's folly. You know, I was thinking about that because, oh, I went to so many really interesting history lectures on the on the ship, or went to museums and that sort of stuff, and the swords folly thing, it just it reminded me of modern politics. Oh, the other side did it, So let's call it stupid. Yeah, it's now widely recognized as the best real estate purchase in the history of humans. Now, no, of course it was swords of those Republicans are stupid anyway, It's unbelievably beautiful, great, plus a buffer against the Soviet Union in Russia, which is important. Oh yeah, and you know, as lovely as whale oil was back in the day. All of oh god, the history of whaling so gross, so terrible. We had no idea the mineral resources that were in Alaska when it was bought. I mean, it was a good idea that at the time it turned out to be an unbelievably good idea. But the one thing you get the takeaway from Alaska is how vast it is, because we did really the southeastern Alasta, Alaska coast, and if you look at a map, Alaska is this in enormous land mass. And then you say, oh, look at that. It kind of we took some of the coasts that looks like it ought to be Canada. But that's part of Alaska. Huh. Well, that little like appendix, that little vestigial tale of Alaska is an enormous wilderness. It's huge. The big part of Alaska you can't even comprehend how big it is. It's three times the size of Texas roughly roughly, wow, three times as big as Texas. Yeah, yeah, And it's just it's so beautiful and so rich in resources and animals and you name it. And like we were in Sword, Alaska at one point. Oh and that was I mentioned this Friday. I was on the last half hour of the show showing what a trooper. I am exhausted from an all night flight, but we did a super cool I guess that was a kayak tour that we did. And the guide pointed out he said, all right, you see those mountains. He said, we've got fourteen miles a road in this town. Essentially, he said, anything passed right there is complete wilderness. There are no trails, there are no roads, there are no cabins, there's nothing. It's just wilderness. And that continues for roughly eight hundred miles in that direction. He said, I mean, it's just all unbelievable. It's you and the bears out there. So anyway, it's just it's miraculously beautiful. A lot of these little towns really only exist now because of tourism.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there ain't no whaling there ain't no gold rush.
Speaker 1: All the horrors have left, the the bordellos that they like to talk about because it's cute and people giggle. Nothing cuter than the bordello. I've always said.
Speaker 3: Nothing core cuter than a woman desperate enough to sell her body for money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is old for the old timey desperation. Yeah, yep, yep, yep. The gold rush stuff super interesting though. Oh the number of suckers who headed up into the frozen tundra and ended up freezing to death and had to haul gear up mountains full of snow, and then none of them got gold. And I was reminded of the old saying, man, if there's a if there's a gold rusher and anything rush, don't go for what the you harvest the miners not with gold, right right, yes, don't, like Levi Strauss figured out, don't go for the gold, sell them jeans. So anyway, but the history of it is super interesting, and it reminded me of a time when you know, people in general and Americans would just toss aside everything and go off on an unbelievable adventure in a search for success and some material comfort. So it was really cool and I ate a lot and drank like a fish.
Speaker 3: So when that bison flipped you in the air, yeah, were you think, well, let's back up. When you were running around the trees, yeah, and the bison was chasing you know what, were you thinking?
Speaker 1: So far, so good? You know, he's big, but he's a little clumsy. I've got a good leader. No, and then you know he went right through the tree as over tea, the sky, the ground, this guy the ground, and thought this is gonna end. This is gonna end badly.
Speaker 3: I think my thought would have been, Uh, when I land, is the thing gonna gore me to death? Or is it gonna run off? Because that is the real decision part to me, and it is when you come down to the ground, is it done with me?
Speaker 1: Or is it that when things get really ugly? What Michael, I know that look on your face. What do you want to say?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Just your lack of footspeed in that video was amazing. Hey, I'm old, I've been eating a lot. Oh yeah. Oh. To his credit, the professional photographer who's taking the video that we've all enjoyed seventy eight times in the last forty eight hours. Uh, he said when the guy went down, he ran over and started yelling at the bison because he thought it was going to gore the fello. Yeah, okay, so he tried to Yeah, well, you know what, he got us some good video and then he did the right thing, So good ows to him. So it's you've noticed, perhaps I'm wearing a Alaska themed T shirt here from the scenic and musically named Metlakatla, Alaska, which is the only Indian reservation Native American reservation in Alaska. I bought four Alaska T shirts. That's almost the only swag I bought. I need four more T shirts, like I need an eleventh finger. I don't know what I would do with it. You know, you put it between your thumb and your pointing finger. You know that's a good question. Probably like a second pinky to really grasp stuff, or could you get another thumb, a thumb on the other side. Can you imagine? How about on your forehead? No, no, that's disgusting anyway. But I bought the T shirts and the only other swag I bought were a couple of knives. And I've got to I'm gonna get you a copy of this guy's card Jack Alaska. Rod He was a cop in the lower forty eight. He resettled in Alaska. He and his family run a store. But he makes knives cool and their court and they're amazing. I mean everything from a little pairing knife. Manly Rod up in Alaska sold me a couple of knives that we can used to serve CHARCOUTERI wow, cheese knives and a little paring knife in pretty colors. I could tell you respected me. But so I buy these beautiful knives. And again, I know you're more of a knife guy than me, but they they ranged from like a crocodile. Dundee boy, there's an old reference. Now that's a knife giant knives to you know, steak knives to pairing knives. But he hand makes them with compressed woods and they're they're stained different colors and just gorgeous. But so I buy a couple of these knives. Well, you have to check them with security as you get on the cruise ship because you can't bring a weapon on board. So they take it from you. They fill out a receipt, you sign it blah blah blah, then you give it to them. Then less than twofing hours later you can guess the rest. I'm at the table cutting into a nice juicy steak with the giant knife they've given me to do so, which was way more capable weapon of mayhem than the little knives I bought what the just more secureater lawyers exactly? It says you can't bring a weapon onto the ship. I get that, okay, but it's just ridiculous. How many people live in Alaska? Do you know the total population? One hundred and forty You know what I don't remember, it's not many. Anchorage was bigger than I thought. We did not make it to Anchorage, but it's it's six figures, but it's by far the biggest city in Alaska. Oh, after a word from Rough Greens, I want to talk about that a little bit more. And rough Greens is America's number one supplement for your dogs. Your dog's food is okay, but you don't need to buy crazy new, expensive food. Just add Rough Greens to what your dog already eats and watch the change begin. I looked up the population of Alaska. It's lower than what you were thinking. And you were thinking a small number. Stay tuned.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Roughgreens just sprinkled on your dog's food. And it's got all the enzymes in omego oils, twenty vitamins and minerals, all natural made in the United States. Why wouldn't you try it? Since it's free. You get a free Jumpstart trial bag today. You just cover the shipping when you go to Roughgreens dot com and use a discount code Armstrong.
Speaker 1: Wow. So go to Ruffgreens dot com use that promo code Armstrong. They'll send you a free Jumpstart trial bag. You just cover the shipping. You try it, See what you think, See what your dog thinks. All about nutrition and happiness and health and long life from the inside out. Roughgreens all sorts of great you know, stuff to to reduce oxidative stress and help your dog stay active, mobile and alert. Roughgreens dot com. Use that promo code Armstrong. The reason it's the population.
Speaker 3: A reason I brought up the population of Alaska is this political movement that's going kind of being pushed by.
Speaker 1: The socialist crowd. Of the population of I think is North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, and Alaska is less than New York, for instance. And they and that allow how many states was that that's twelve US senators for a population less than one city. That doesn't make any sense, which is kind of an interesting conversation to have. Alaska's population is seven hundred and forty thousand for that big giant space. Seven and forty thousand people in that enormous, enormous space. Yeah. The interesting part, and I think I may have mentioned this Friday, is that all these towns that you may have heard of if you're a little bit into geography, as we both are, you know, a seword and sit cud Juno's the capital. They all have like a few thousand people in them. You've only heard of them because that's the only towns there are. And it's the opposite of you know, the show has been based out of Sacramento, California for years and years and years, and Sack always gets overlooked because you got the Bay Area in Los Angeles, but Sacramento metropolitan area is well over two million people, and everybody's like, oh, is that that's s in what Nora there? Nobody knows about it, but a lot of people have heard of called Alaska, Sitka, Spruce and the rest of it. But these towns are tiny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's kind of an interesting topic though, and I'm against this, but Dakota's Wyoming, Nebraska, and Alaska combined ten senators representing him, New York gets to the state of New York as New York City. The argument is to why you know if you're mad get it mad at James Madison. I don't know who first came up with that idea, but it's kind of interesting on its own. Among other things, we'll talk about counterintuitive look at why this is actually bad for Ukraine that Lindsey Graham's aorta.
Speaker 1: Gave out on him. You would think it was I'm sorry, not the reason you think it's bad for Ukraine. That Lindsey Graham was going to argue for more weapons and now you don't have that voice. It's not that at all, which I think is actually a correct so stay tuned for that. Among other things, he Mulkan roaches, let's lie it's pegam Serle's again. On the follow up, Dulking runches shot spill in.
Speaker 3: England's on a roll Man. Very exciting down to the final four in World Coup. But I'm actually into soccer for the first time in my life.
Speaker 1: For some reason. England needs something to root for as they die as a country.
Speaker 3: I have some breaking news around the whole Iran thing, and I need to nail down where this is coming from. Mark Alprin has it breaking news on his Twitter feed breaking US to take over Straight of horm moves. According to who who announced that.
Speaker 1: Trump says that.
Speaker 3: Look, Trump says a twenty percent toll will be charged in all all cargo.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he made that hup off the top of his head.
Speaker 3: We're gonna take over the Straight of Horror moves. Twenty percent toll charge in all cargo. US military will blockade all Iranian shipping. That's the very latest, so get that as any details come out. That's John Bolton's arguing to take the straight in the Wall Street Journal today. The New York Times doesn't argue for it so much as just saying that's pretty much the only option left for what we can do to end this thing. And Trump might be aware of that. Wow, that's going to be a big deal if we do that. Woo and the former Sentcom commander yesterday, we're going to play that a little bit later. He's arguing yesterday that we need to take it. Seems like the voices are piling up, and the fact that there are no other options.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, again, I ask what will that look like? But I don't see another option.
Speaker 3: So Lindsey Graham died over the weekend, senator from South Carolina. And one of the reasons that's a big deal is he was the hawkest, hockeyiest of the hawks out there in terms of promoting foreign policy by war to make the world a better place all around the world, for better or worse. And he was certainly a hawk on I rand and taken on Putin. In fact, he'd just gotten back from Kiev right before he dropped dead. I was happy with some new directions, some stuff was going. I don't know if you caught this while you were on vacation. Trump announced, after talking to Zelensky that they can make their own Patriot missiles who were giving them that technology, and they'll have the best air defense system on planet Earth. Did you catch Zelensky's joke from the NATO summit that was that was a good one.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: So Trump sitting there with Zelensky taking questions and had gotten on the phone with Putin, and Trump sitting there and saying so Putin says he wants to meet. He wants to meet. I know you guys don't like each other. He said, you can meet in Moscow. Would you meet in Moscow? Probably not? And Zelensky said, I don't know. Moscow is very dangerous. There's very many Ukrainian drones.
Speaker 2: There, sir.
Speaker 1: I mean they hit an oil refinery in Siberia like a thousand miles away and blew it up. So there, so you add that in with these Patriot missiles and Ukraine is definitely on the front foot. And here's Mark Alprin's counterintuitive on why Lindsey Graham dying is bad news for Ukraine. Not because he was such a forceful proponent of arming Ukraine, because he was the only guy, like the old only Nixon could go to China. Nixon had such anti communist credibility built up over so many decades that he could go to China and try to deal with them without people saying, oh, he's a commie. Lindsey Graham was the only guy, according to Mark Alprin, on Earth that Zelensky would have believed or listened to, could come to him and say, I think this is goot a deal. As you're going to get you should give up the territory and make a deal here.
Speaker 3: Oh and that's probably true because he was such a hawk for so long on supporting Ukraine. If Lindsey Graham came in and sat down and said, you know how I feel about it, you know how much I hate Putin. This is as good as it's gonna get Zelensky to listen to them, and there's nobody to take that role.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, wow wow maybe Marco. But yeah, well, huh twists in turns of history. It's amazing. Well, you got these really pieces of garbage that's unnecessarily harsh. You got these completely useless ancient senators who live forever. Why's the Lindsey Graham gotta go? Okay, well answer why did bad things happen to good people? Next hour, stay with us. I actually do want to get to the topic of soft on crime policies and how completely insane they are. I mean, they're more nuts than you think they are. When you look at who is most likely to hurt you, kill you, take your stuff, rape your daughter, et cetera. We know who these people are and we know what to do about them. Marxists want to turn them loose on the street. They're just they're a menace.
Speaker 3: I got to dig into this so called breaking news that the United States is going to open the strait and charge a twenty percent told everyone.
Speaker 1: Are we cover the expense? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I wonder how Pete feels about that. Pete hegseats They says, sure we could do that? Or is he saying whoa, whoa, this is going to be quite the project. I want you to know what you're getting into here.
Speaker 1: I hope he both. Yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot on the way and breaking as we talk. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty