Speaker 1: Earners. What's up.
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus.
Speaker 1: On what matters most Ready.
Speaker 2: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 3: So Samsung yep overtakes Apple right as the world's top smartphone provider and uh Chinese.
Speaker 2: Rivals You got to you got to companies wild Way and show.
Speaker 1: Me Show Me.
Speaker 4: Okay, gotcha show me, But it has an exit spelled to exit x I.
Speaker 1: Oh am I.
Speaker 3: So those two companies are the third and fourth largest smart smartphone providers in the world, respectfully, and they're taking market share. So you know, Apple has been on and down with trajectory for about a year now, and you know, it's been a lot of bad news and this was the most recent conversation as far as smart Samsung taking over them as a number one provider in the smartphone world. So what's what's the thoughts on this news.
Speaker 4: I wanted to do like I did a couple of years ago when I had that breakup, come in and I talked about it, but I kind.
Speaker 1: Of got to addressed this. They'act like everything's fine this time around, you know. So with that being a couple of things they.
Speaker 4: I get really worried when someone is in the leadership spot of being number one and then they get complacent. Apple, please reach out to us asap. I got a few ideas. I know some of y'all like, whatever idea you have. Android has got a couple of tricks up my sleeve. Number two, they need to find a smaller player to acquire. I keep saying that I think they should acquire Dji a couple of years ago. But if they do not get a strangle hold on this over the next couple of years as the market is shifting, We'll talk about red Lobster later.
Speaker 1: I followed for bankruptcy. Shot to this biscuits.
Speaker 4: Though, I get worried when we have a cyclical change and a product leader falls out of favor because if Samsung, I mean they got the six point four billion from Biden, that helps a hell of a lot. That kind of broke my heart. They need some innovations over the next year. If our Apple I was shut almost every other project down and figure out ways to make that phone better, because they've really been reselling this phone for nine years now. iOS has been great, but the features on it are not better. And I think it's time that as investors we have an open outcry to the investor relations team and say, hey, guys, gotta fix the shit or you're going to end up losing your market share. You may not ever be able to get it back. For those of you who are saying, hey, you worry too much, You fear monger too much. At one point, City Group was the biggest thing on Wall Street, and it fell apart in two thousand and seven. We're seeing some black Swan like events start to line up. Please write this down. The macro picture matters more so if we get two more major black Swan events and the market drops like amb is pulling back dramatically as well. They're kind of pricing in something that is about to happen. I don't know if Apple can sustain this lead in a smartphone race if we go through a crash for two years, or they don't raise rates until twenty five and then we have a new the White House like, it's a very scary time. But this is what happens when you don't innovate. I know sometimes you guys look at the showmanship of what we do of putting on a good show and the rollout of investmentest but you have to innovate every year or you're gonna get killed. Got competition lined up everywhere, and this is what happens when you don't innovate n a fast enough clip and don't listen to your customer base.
Speaker 2: Yes, all those things are true. There's another piece that we have to take into account. It is the geopolitical side of it. When you're talking about which companies are in third or fourth, they're Chinese companies.
Speaker 1: And there's a reason.
Speaker 2: Why they're third and fourth because more people are starting to look at nationalism as a piece of their pursising. Rather than buying the American phone, they are now choosing to buy a phone that has similar qualities, that is from.
Speaker 1: A Chinese company in their home country from their home country.
Speaker 2: You added to the fact that the Chinese companies and agencies are now eliminate employees to use Apple devices that hurts them as well.
Speaker 1: Yea, right, but this is not move on us. This is right.
Speaker 2: So now it's okay, well you want to ban our apps, Well, here's what we're going to start doing to our employees and some of our citizens. We're going to start restricting how many people can have your product that hurts. Apple's iPhone sales dropped ten percent in twenty twenty four of the first quarter. Think about that ten percent, which is you need China, you need them, you need them. So Samsung obviously has twenty percent number one. Now they have twenty percent of the smartphone market. Apples in second place to seventeen percent. But those two companies that we mentioned before showed me and Huawei all right there, right there, and then moving at a fast paced One of the reasons that Samsung was able to go ahead is because the release of the S twenty four and the functioning inside the S twenty four is probably what pushed it over the top. They have made a concerted effort to make sure that AI is a component in this sales of that phone.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: Apple to this date and it's still early, we all wait for June has still not said what they're going to be doing in the AI space. We've seen it from all the majors. We saw it for Microsoft obviously, we know what Nvidio is doing. We've seen it from Google, We've seen it from Meta. What they're talking about, Hey, I what is the role that Apple's going to play in it? What's the innovation that they're going to have in it? And is it going to be inside of the next innovation or rendition of the iPhone?
Speaker 1: We don't know that yet, so I hope.
Speaker 2: So you add that into all of the factors that you spoke about, and you can see why it is a pullback. And we talked about this. It's the same phone over and over. Yep, this is not innovative anymore. June, I think is you said a couple of years. I don't know how many more quarters they can have like this? Right, if we start to see ten percent temper this could get.
Speaker 1: They're going to have to discount them phones.
Speaker 2: And that's a but that so that when they discount the phones in China, it didn't work. Yeah, right, because now you made them the same price as some the cup these that are from China. Right, and so if they have to choose, they're gonna choose, right, that nationalist economy. They're gonna choose the phone that that that's made from the people that look like them. So you got to take that into account as well. So it a couple more of these quarters that look like this, we're gonna have a different conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and important.
Speaker 2: It's too important, it's too vital to our economy to have this type of depreciation. So we got we gotta really keep eye on this.
Speaker 4: Back to what I said on Blackout, I appreciate the partnerships that you have. Let's say, if I have a yacht party and I say Troyshot can't come, guess what, and that's that's.
Speaker 1: Probably won't be there.
Speaker 4: Right. So as soon as they start blocking China, and then guess what China said, Oh you want to block Okay, cool, guess what, We're gonna block your product here too, YouTube testa. Both of y'all get the hell out and figure it out on your own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's happening and you can see it now. The new thing right, We're watching this happen with TikTok. Right, what's gonna happen with TikTok?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: The ninety days is potentially being extended to eight months, right, So.
Speaker 1: I mean this is a catfight that can mean to help your war unless you sell an arms and then yeah.
Speaker 5: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,