Speaker 1: And money.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 1: Take out the chi We are the authority on all things R and ladies and gentlemen. Money is Tank time and this is the R and B Money Podcast. Here authority on.
Speaker 3: All things R and B money. We are looking for revenge. We sending this ship. Mm hm we take it over.
Speaker 4: And you said it. I mean, I'm really tiry.
Speaker 2: You don't leave the charge a whole lot of money?
Speaker 4: Not yeah, yeah, I'm bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first double up, the first yeah, Yes, won't be letting nobody come to this motherfucker twice.
Speaker 4: Y'all want to be like we so bad ship. I feel really comfortable with you guys. Oh god, that's not a good thing. I'm probably gonna say something great.
Speaker 3: Turn up some more of that, you know, a little bit more Jesus, your little more.
Speaker 1: Than Lord's nectar. I'm gonna say this off top. I'm an go on record. What month is this?
Speaker 4: September?
Speaker 1: This is September, top of it, top of September.
Speaker 4: My birthday month?
Speaker 1: Your birthday was your birthday?
Speaker 4: In two weeks?
Speaker 1: In two weeks and the album drops.
Speaker 4: It dropped the thirtieth.
Speaker 1: Thirtieth A yeah, I had it, I've had it.
Speaker 4: But it's dropping all months, is.
Speaker 1: Dropping all months, right, it's dropping.
Speaker 5: It continues to dah every day.
Speaker 2: I'm just going on record. I'm going on record what you on record saying, album.
Speaker 4: Of the year, No R and B in front, just album of the year period, R and B.
Speaker 1: Album of the year is easy for what you have? Album of the year, you think, so.
Speaker 3: Put in Thank you, Universe, the fucking year. Revenge is amazing.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The album is amazing.
Speaker 3: It is so much it is. I listen, I have a great job.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You know. I know we're going to talk about a lot of.
Speaker 4: I've had the music for so long.
Speaker 3: You know how it gets, you know me, I don't never drop nothing, so I actually do know how it gets. I don't care about none of those people like this is crazy, Like I.
Speaker 1: Said, as you say that, what's the oldest record on here?
Speaker 4: Thirties was the first song that I wrote back in November, and then it would be made for me November twenty twenty two. I actually wrote it while I was still pregnant. You know, I was with travel last time I came here. You guys didn't know that I did.
Speaker 3: You did, just you know, I mind my business.
Speaker 4: And you want to call me back, you weren't you.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if that's possible.
Speaker 3: I can't do that.
Speaker 4: You know, you'd be like congratulations, be like, what do you mean?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I learned that very young.
Speaker 5: As a child.
Speaker 4: I can't remember how many months I was, but yeah, we had four yests on the show that day.
Speaker 3: Congratulations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So thirties. I wrote that while I was pregnant. Thirties is crazy, and then it was made for me, and then it was reverse things I never said. I wrote all of those at the same time.
Speaker 3: Let's get into thirties before. Why are you looking good?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Thirties is one of the most honest records I've heard from a female.
Speaker 4: From a female because of the age thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, because I feel like women tend to stay away from that, you know.
Speaker 4: I get a lot of what's the word massaging around the age. I'll be thirty six in two weeks. I do not give a buck if y'all know how old I am. What Adele said, I make music for the ears. If you have a problem with what I'm saying, I'm talking about the human experience. How old I am has nothing to do and I'm not selling sex. I don't want you to like me. I want you to listen to the music and be affected by it. My age has absolutely nothing to do with it. I could be fifty saying the same things. I think the problem is is that it's such a cognitive dissonance that people feel when they look at me, they see a youthful and thirty six is young, by the way, still, but they see like a twenty something, you know. So like a lot of the younger artists, they think I'm their age. They think I'm like twenty three, you know, twenty five somewhere near. And so I think it bothers people when they realize that I'm a grown woman.
Speaker 3: I don't know if.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's like, how how are you doing that? How are you so youthful?
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a bother I think the system is always It has just been set up to get all of it, all of it, all that it can get out of you, and it feels like, or what has been programmed feel like, is that by the thirties it's gotten all its need and it's now ready to move you on to pasture and usher in the new right.
Speaker 4: Well in other words, you're no longer stupid and we can no longer take advantage of you.
Speaker 1: And now we're starting to realize, we're starting to re reshape that idea because we don't we don't look it, don't really I don't know if there's an act that. I don't even know if that's a thing. But we're not We're not last last generations thirty and forty and fifty.
Speaker 4: And also, I think the age of like viability value has been extended through TikTok and things like that, where you're seeing older influencers, content creators. You're seeing models now do have gray hair, you know, doing beauty campaigns. I just don't think that, like I think usefulness and results are more valued than actual age, because there's a lot of young people who are just in the way. You're not doing nothing. You don't want to work hard, you know what I'm saying. You want to get paid and you don't want to do nothing.
Speaker 1: Just move around, said, which was a great point he said. During the pandemic, versus was a very telling moment for the people who actually had talent and the people who didn't, and it reminded people of the quality that they had been missing in music for a very very long time. And he was like, that was the re emergence of R and B taking a place that that had been missed from it for so long.
Speaker 2: Like we were in the pandemic, R and B was mainstream, absolutely mainstream. Absolutely everybody was tapped in R.
Speaker 1: And B, tapped in D nice, R and B mainstream artists pandemic?
Speaker 2: Can we talk the biggest record industrys during the pandemic.
Speaker 1: And coming out of that, it is like you said, now, it's like people are like, hold on now, they're not allowing themselves to be programmed by that age thing or whatever that is. No, we like that. We liked the model with the great hand something. Yeah, we liked we liked these songs. I don't I don't care that it doesn't stay in sonically with what with what that guy is rapping.
Speaker 5: About it is now.
Speaker 4: But there was a lot of things being offered to me during hours and hours, uh you know peak of that song where there was maybe some artists who were past their time in the light, but there were still legends wanting to work with me, and I was being advised not to do it. It's like I was like, oh, that's not your demographic. But I'm not thinking about it. I'm thinking about what experience am I having as an artist. I've always wanted to work with these people. I've looked up to them, and I would hope that when I get to that place that people aren't using that same fear based I never make decisions based on fear. So you're saying that I shouldn't do it because we don't want people to age me and think I'm old. That's crazy. I want to be able to say I have a song with this person, because in ten years, fifteen years, if they're not here any longer, that becomes something special, you know. So I never make decisions based on that. But I do think that it's really silly that we have all these like limiting beliefs. But that's so crazy to me.
Speaker 2: The most interesting part about that, though, is that it's usually older people advising.
Speaker 3: You, right, that's the right thing.
Speaker 4: Your own fear projection, you're old. Yeah, no, I don't really care about none of.
Speaker 3: That, you know, I don't.
Speaker 1: I can care too.
Speaker 3: Shit, it's about most of the shit to they be talking about.
Speaker 2: So for me, it's just like you you have to at some point you have to take the stance of I want to do that what feels good to me. Like you said, you want to have that experience. There are people that you've looked up to that made that phone call that you're like, oh, I'm going to answer that call.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I don't give a damn thing. You put out a record in twenty years. So what they called me, I enjoyed their music. I'm a fan because that's the other thing I think that it's happened in this business too, is that people forget that at one.
Speaker 3: Point we were off just fans.
Speaker 2: At some point, you know what I mean, and hopefully they remember that we're still fan. I'm listening to your album. Let's get back to that. To revenge as a pure fan. Yes, I've known you and you're my friend, but I don't judge people's music as my friends. I judge as a fan because I got shit to do.
Speaker 4: Because that I support that I really don't like their music.
Speaker 3: I'm me telling niggas.
Speaker 4: Nigga you tell.
Speaker 3: Don't send it to me, don't send it to me, do not send it to me.
Speaker 6: Can't.
Speaker 3: But I also can't lie to you. I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't I'm not pushing, but everybody's expressed.
Speaker 2: But if you asked your one type questions when you say are you still rapping, that's what I ask You got really pay attention to the.
Speaker 5: Music you got me? Yeah, you got me.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you gotta.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, bro, you sent me five songs I did not like neither none of them.
Speaker 4: Well, now if they keep sending it to you for you, that's different.
Speaker 3: Niggas, don't stop.
Speaker 5: You know that, check out this, don't stop.
Speaker 4: I think people know better than that.
Speaker 1: But it's also like to I also, I encourage the perseverance.
Speaker 4: No I blocked people like you get to send to me links and either.
Speaker 1: What I've experienced, getting experienced, the breakthrough, breakthrough I've experienced.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me just say this. I feel like you could tell when somebody is on the US and it's not just limited to music, it's they've locked in on a look, They've locked in on an aesthetic, they've locked in on a sound like oh, you onto something here, and you can your spidy senses start tingling like, oh maybe I can be useful now because you know who you are and you have a This is one thing that there's many artists that have wanted me to write for them, And I'm like, but do you really know who you are? Because if you did, you would be able to articulate to me yours and your dislikes. You might not have. There might not be exactly what you and if you're a true artist, what you're searching for should not exist yet. There shouldn't be an example. There could be things that are very close that you could say, if such and such and such a baby, you know, like that, But you should be able to tell me like acoustic you know, the drums got to hit at always, like you should be able to tell me the essence or the ingredients of who you are, even if it's if it's just sight words like leather, spice, like you know, okay, dark, sensual, okay, Because now I can take those things and say, does this make me feel? Can I see me in some leather? Can I you know what I'm saying? Candles? Okay? Like what is the But there are certain things sounds that evol you know. But if you just saying ship like edgy, like this is an edge? You know what I'm saying? Oh you mean cursing? You want to curse that's not edgy. Really, that's authentic. I would say, you know, that's how you talk. And so I think it's really important when you start to see an artist lock in to who they are and they start kind of grasping at the edges of this person that they want to become and they just need your help to mold it. That's one thing. But you want to come to me for everything, but you need to let that cook a little bit more before you come to me. Now, the people sending songs, they're just gonna get blocked. Friend or not, I don't care.
Speaker 2: You know, if they're my friend, you know, I tell them and I'll you're sending it to me for my opinion. You may not like that. Well, if you don't like my opinion, it don't send anymore. But if you do and you're my friend, I'm still going to give you my opinions.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I just don't even find out that they wanted to do music. I have to find out, like, why you ain't telling me that you was a singer.
Speaker 3: Because they thought she was gonna block them.
Speaker 4: I probably will.
Speaker 1: Was like, yeah, my stuff ain't like her stuff, so wait till my stuff gets a little bit more like herves before I send it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, they don't even be telling me. I'll just be fine it at later. Like you a whole singer, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: You a whole singer's weird. A lot of half singers out here.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, here we go, but you know, speaking and half singing. No, I do want to say this. I can really sing, right, I know that I can't. I'm not asking y'all's opinion. I can't. I don't like that on purpose number one, because it's not fun singing like that.
Speaker 5: Maybe it is for.
Speaker 1: You, Well, you got to pick your moments.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then once you start that, they demand it from you all the time. Sometimes I just want to have a good time. I don't feel like doing all that. I can't wear no high heels if I'm gonna try to be singing like you know what I'm saying. I can't look cute and have all my stuff being placed. You see what fantastic look like when she gets that singing. I'm not finna do that. I'm not gonna do that. I'm not finna do that because I'm gonna cringe if I look back at that, Look at the whole God, look at.
Speaker 3: The FUFA, but you have to.
Speaker 1: But I think music is that now, especially for you. I don't think. I don't think you sing one way. I want to you sing so many different ways.
Speaker 3: Her album don't say that. Her album shows the many colors and the many levels.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying it with my performance, with my vocal performance, even with the way that I sing and the runs that I choose, it's lazy. And I'm just being honest with you. I want to get on stage.
Speaker 1: Your I wouldn't. I wouldn't choose lazy.
Speaker 4: But as somebody who can really sing, I could have done.
Speaker 3: Bad word.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, No, I'm being I'm being so serious, and this is a singer. This is a singer's conversation.
Speaker 3: Which is why lazy is a bad word.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is I can do the technical thing.
Speaker 1: You are doing the technical things. Hold on, let's cut this shit out. You are doing the technical things. They're just very easy for you.
Speaker 4: But yes, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, they're easy for you as a very gifted singer. Yes, So to the people listening to this who are not as gifted, not even close to as gifted as you, you are you are put it on the white glove and you are slapping them in the face.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're giving them seasoning. But I am openly admitting I do not try to go there with my vocal with how I really could because I don't want that stamp. I don't want that burden responsibility. No, I want to have fun. So I give you just enough to where when I'm singing it live on stage, I can hit a little you do, give you a little bit, and it's like, wow, did you hear that? And I'm like, yeah, there, that ain't even nothing.
Speaker 3: Everything you say makes sense to me.
Speaker 1: I think you to me if I'm categorizing it, I just think you don't oversing.
Speaker 4: Yeah on purpose?
Speaker 1: Okay, and then we agree to agree you don't over sing, but you're not over singing is really really good.
Speaker 4: But like I could do all of that stuff like the church, Like you know, I can do all of.
Speaker 1: It, but you save it for if you need it.
Speaker 4: You keep it in the When I do that, because I don't do it, it gives you a little shiver. Yeah you know, Now, if I just gave you that, you wouldn't appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I agree, would you know?
Speaker 4: What I'm saying because Jazmine Celevan be singing and we do not give her the amount of agilation that she deserves for what she is doing.
Speaker 3: That lady can sing super same same.
Speaker 4: Okay, she's given you volume, she's given you the crescendo that is technical, breath support, incredible. If you've ever heard the lady sing live.
Speaker 3: She don't leave a micro People take it for granted.
Speaker 4: And they do take it for granted. I'm not gonna give y'all all that, and y'all ain't no, you're gonna get this, but.
Speaker 1: But is it a thing where more people can appreciate being able to participate?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? Oh, I know exactly what I'm doing, the same thing as to Brenda Carpenter because she could sing, but she don't. She'd give you. I'm working late because I'm a singer, which is also hard to do to sing those notes and be.
Speaker 3: To get get a dope still tone like the.
Speaker 4: Tone and it's not wavering, it's not cracking. Singing with no vibrado is actually very difficult, and that girl to sing, but she's giving you something that's palatable and she's having fun like that's the That's what I have learned, if I've learned anything, I'm not going to be singing from the crack of my house up there, sweating.
Speaker 3: From the cracks. That's what she said.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, the core. I'm not about to be doing that just for y'all to be like, oh girl, that one know that two o three, that.
Speaker 3: One three was killing your mind.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny when like this, like the super technical niggas run up on tape like nig when you did, it wasn't I'm like, man, your niggas is nerves, bro, I.
Speaker 4: Don't even remember what you talked about. I was just gone.
Speaker 1: When you went from the black to the white, because I know where I put where I put it.
Speaker 3: I was right here.
Speaker 1: Somebody's gonna hear this. But again, to your point, the way you're saying and the way I'm saying it is maybe maybe different like the like for me, like a long time ago I started, I stopped singing against me, I stopped being me versus me. I'm looking in the mirror and and go back and forth with me. And by the time it got to everybody else, you know, it kind of felt like, well, who's who's the nigga? Thinking for who's who can understand this ship? And it was awesome to get the love from the purest but I also wanted a career in this ship. I also wanted to pack out a theater, or pack out an arena, and and and and go number one and and be on different radio formats and all. Like I I desired that out of Pears.
Speaker 4: Well, let's talk about that too, because that stuff when you get to an arena that just came off through crist.
Speaker 2: Say hello, I tend to all right, because I like to I like, once again, I like to be a fan.
Speaker 3: I like to just go to shows, watch the show. I had to find me.
Speaker 4: He's like to say, I would have been, because it gets very lonely out there, and so seeing familiar faces. I did see you because.
Speaker 3: Once we got to once we got to the booth, because we came back and you were about to go on.
Speaker 1: And so when we came back and I saw Frank and everybody was all talk chopping it up, and then we went out because I went to see the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, about twenty minutes before I go on, I get into this mode. Yeah, I'll just be like, don't talk to me.
Speaker 3: Do you think hat on talk before the show.
Speaker 4: No, I just get I just started thinking about like what I'm about to do my.
Speaker 1: Steps any teas.
Speaker 4: No, I do peppermint oil, fresh ginger.
Speaker 3: Juice oil like it's in a steam or in my hands.
Speaker 4: And then I do like a couple drops in some water in your juice juice ginger root juiced with the skin on skin.
Speaker 5: So it's very very shy.
Speaker 4: Not just have it with like a cup and a straw like juice. It's spicy. That's how I like it. I want it to just exfoliate all in the inside. Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, I want it to burn.
Speaker 1: Are you vocalizing?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: So I've learned that for the best way for me to do it is that if I just gargle the melody of whatever I'm about to sing, that works better for me than all of that. No, no, no, no, no no no no. So like if I'm in the sing like you do that with the water in your mouth.
Speaker 3: Mhmm. Yeah. And this is this is at twenty minutes, is when.
Speaker 1: You start this if I need that, because sometimes you don't need it.
Speaker 4: No, that's just like a little like oh I feel a tight or I'm stressed because sometimes if I have a flare up, you know, I have lupus, so that's something that stress me out or something like that. It gets a little tight, like tense. But for the most part, like I had surrounded myself with people my glam squad. I didn't have any new people on the tour because I knew it was going to be highly stressful. It was a new experience for me. The first few days I was very nervous of like, am I going to be able to fill this space? You know?
Speaker 3: And how long was you said?
Speaker 4: Yeah, am I going to be able to touch all these people?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't know, because I've never really performed. I mean I've done like theaters and stuff, but like a jump from like seven hundred seaters to fifteen.
Speaker 3: Thousand, that's a huge jump.
Speaker 4: Twenty thousand and oh that's crazy crazy.
Speaker 2: This is something that a lot of artists don't know too, is what they're going into when you're going to someone else's stage.
Speaker 4: Right, And I got really lucky because Chris's audience was lit super, they was ready, super.
Speaker 1: I think what you did was educational too, because you were You're so different from him, and so it was interesting to see the kids watching and paying attention.
Speaker 4: Differently, I never got that experience of like what the audiences. It always shocked me from city to city when they actually were singing my songs. Like there was a couple cities where they were singing the entire set and I was like.
Speaker 3: My son and his best friend. They was these two young m hmm.
Speaker 4: That's so wild to me, these young kids and they be boys to that's the thing too. Like my security said he got six sons, he said, his kids listening six okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Six dumping.
Speaker 4: We know what you'll be doing. You know, no, but he said, he said, his sons listening to was like my music really be touching, like the little like.
Speaker 1: You were getting those after applause, like appreciation applauses. You were getting those. She so she's really good Like that was that was like those you know what I'm saying. And that's for me. That's different for his crowd, because his.
Speaker 4: Crowd, you say, oh no, there was only one night. The first night in Atlanta, the niggas was like, boo, where's Christopher.
Speaker 3: As an artist? Though, okay, give us that experience.
Speaker 4: Oh you don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't care because some artists do, though I do not give it. But for you, you were just.
Speaker 3: Like a love trying to speak to music.
Speaker 4: I just did feel like but at that time, like you've rehearsed so much and your show is the same I mean even, I mean I don't want to give away to imagine, like even like the DJ, everything that they saying, they say it in every city the same exact way. I know what's about to happen. You know, Chris every now and then he would yeah DJ first he was lit, but Chris would like change it up every now and then. But for the most part it was the same show. So I'm gonna get through my set. I know y'all not feeling me tonight.
Speaker 2: I know, I know.
Speaker 4: I know when I see hours and hours, Jo're going to sing along. And I know when I sing for me, y'all gonna sing along. So let me just hurry up, get to what I know. I'm here to see Christopher too, just like the first of y'all. So levy a goal to get out of the way.
Speaker 3: Did you take a meet and greet picture?
Speaker 5: I sure did recreate one? No did I posted on my page?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got to check it out.
Speaker 4: I said, I said, I'm I'm gonna do a peebag and then the captain gonna be carrying R and B on his back. Yeah, it's always good made it head.
Speaker 3: That's hard.
Speaker 4: But he's so sweet, like he literally would have did he loves you anything?
Speaker 1: Then I was like, he don't love everybody. Yeah, he loves you.
Speaker 4: He seems like he's like just a very.
Speaker 1: So he's so giving, he's so that he has to protect that at this point because everybody doesn't appreciate you.
Speaker 3: I feel that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you I'm tired.
Speaker 1: You get enough, You get enough, and then you just get to a point. The way you say fuck it is just off of me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I'm there. Yeah, yeah, because it's just like yo, it was always something. Yeah, everybody always mad at you for something, and then if you don't do what they want you to do, they with whole and it's just like that's a cold game. You know what. I'm just gonna turn into the bitch that y'all keep saying I am. I'm gonna just turn into her cool back.
Speaker 5: I get it about nothing.
Speaker 4: My answer is no.
Speaker 2: No has served me really well in my life and my career does good things for you.
Speaker 3: It just has. It just has because when.
Speaker 4: Just being a boss, when I do.
Speaker 2: It, nah, they be saying ship, they're gonna gloss it over as oh yeah, that's just bosses have to do that. But as soon as we walk out the door, somebody got something, they're gonna say something about not feeling the way because if it didn't go the way that they wanted to. What I just learned is is that you know, a boss told me a long time ago, make sure that you'll know is as fast as you're yes. He was like, they might not like it, but they're gonna respect it.
Speaker 3: That's just what it is.
Speaker 2: It's like, the worst thing you can do is drag to know out. If you knew you were going to say no, just say no, I can't do it. But a nigga happen to call you forty five times.
Speaker 3: But a lot of people do that though, and you know that, even especially in this business.
Speaker 4: I'll just say let me think about it, or like no, but like but not in the way of like trying to avoid the confrontation, but just like I feel like you're rushing me to make this decision, and how long have you had this information? So now I need to think about it because if it's not sitting right, like I trust my gut for sure. Like when you ask me a question, you might hear me go, that's me testing it to see how does it feel in my body? How is it resonating that don't sound like fun? Or if you tell me something like for example, I got the offer to do Battle of the Bands in Houston. When I heard them, like, oh, that's cool, Like if it doesn't make me feel that for the most part is going to be a no, it's gonna be like, let me think about it. It was. It was like two a week ago too. It was actually really fun. I did it with but Cookman College. A lot of my family went there. My best friend from high school went there. I would have gone there or Fami you one of those. But you know, in Florida, like the Battle of the Band is a classic. It's like you grew up wanting I wanted to be a flat girl, you know, like the Color Guards either that or like the girls who do all that. But my mom was like, you can't do that because those girls are less than wholesome. Yeah, they have a reputation I don't know. I don't know. Well, my cousin used to be one, and she's definitely she was no, because those girls are actually like you know, they're the baddies.
Speaker 5: They you know, the whole.
Speaker 4: Football team looking at them every you know, Lily, you can't say.
Speaker 1: I got to tell them.
Speaker 4: God, I thought you said the note has served you haven't.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about the girls.
Speaker 4: When they say no, it's fine. When when the batty say those, it's a problem because it be me being in my bubble. I'll be like, seriously, like my glam team is always like, no, girl, girl, you cannot go out. You need to put some make up on, like you must don't know who you is. And I'm like, what you mean, I'm just it's just I just want to go to the concert put some chas on. No girl, no, you need to put some clothes on. People know who you are. And then when I do go outside and I hear them being like that's money long, Like I want to be like, hey, girl, how you saying you know? It still doesn't know. But then I also realized, like now like when I go outside, I have to be mindful, very cute, see very demure. I cannot get to tipsy. You know, I understand now why they do that. Why if I walk past you and I don't say nothing is? Girl'm about to fall over? Girl? How to drake this whole out of.
Speaker 3: Do you see?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: How much of the difference do you see?
Speaker 2: As far as all right, I was you had to you had the record, your big record when he first kicked off for you as an artist with hours and hours and just now continuing in that space, like, how has that been for you as far as dealing with the fame side of it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, I think I have definitely elevated as far as like my taste, just like having access. When you have access to the best, you start to refine.
Speaker 3: You don't like Popeye's no more?
Speaker 4: What you mean? I'm just trying to.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay with absolutely got to if you go to Popeye's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if they if they have the Strawberry biscuits, you get that you're gonna go something different at Pope.
Speaker 3: I mean guys Strawberry, So you got to.
Speaker 4: Winning wrong we got and if they don't have that then I'll do great.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're keeping it on.
Speaker 4: You come on, you keep it on.
Speaker 3: I understand Yeah with me Money Long and Bootsy Pope.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna be the loud as what crazy the way my good is that it's can I get another sweet?
Speaker 2: When you're talking about taste that we're not talking what do you mean when you say just taste level?
Speaker 4: Just like understanding less, it's more like how to paint the picture. Yeah, Like I have learned what my standards are and realizing that like majority of the world, I don't even just want to say America does not have a certain level. They just be like this's not good enough. It's like, no, no, we need to make sure I'm sounding a certain way, looking a certain way, Like we need to quality control, Like I'm not a rapper. I'm not just about to get up there. Yes. I hate when I don't have sound checks, so like for a Battle of the Bands, I did not have one and that mike was distorting and it was like, like I cringe as stuff like that because that stuff lives forever, especially when you nail it and it's a really good moment, people gonna keep playing it over and over and over. You know, I absolutely go to sound check if I can. If I didn't go to sound check. It's because I was told that I couldn't have one, or that there was no time, or doors are opening. But now I'm at the point now whe're gonna be like push doors. I'm I'm not getting up there if I can't. I need to hear what it sounds like, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You got some of my people out there, so you Oh I got.
Speaker 3: I took somebody from you.
Speaker 4: Oh you're not working.
Speaker 1: So I'm one of those guys where it's like I tell my guys to go get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, I don't know if y'all know that happens. So like there's only like a few really really good people and we be sharing them, so like like okay, when when do they go out?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: And when you're done?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 4: So are you're gonna miss the first three days of mine? Okay? Cool?
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 1: People. I've told plenty of my guys what do they want me to go? Do it? Go? I'll be fine. I know how to supplement, you know.
Speaker 4: And I also think one thing that people don't understand is like when you're a developing artist. I'm very much a developing live performer. That Arena tour was like my first thing, which is so like going from Yes, I've done shows before, but like when you're at this level and it's lights and it's screens and it's you know, video camera. I forgot what those people are called. But it's like the people who follow you. You think my face just appears up there. No, there's three cameras or one, two, three, four, five cameras and they're going back and forth. So every angle gotta be and I you know, and so it's like it's such a production. You have to think about all that. It's not just standing up there singing. You got to think about all that. So when I'm walking from left to right, I'm not only just performing for you, I'm performing for the tape two for.
Speaker 1: The spot hit yeah.
Speaker 4: And then like when I'm standing in front of the fans and it's the hair is whipping in my face, I have to move its the camera like you're thinking about all of that, and I'm trying to hit my note and I'm trying to be like I see you, baby, you know, I can't see sit up here, but yeah, I like you and the green.
Speaker 5: Yeah you know.
Speaker 4: Or sometimes when the lights go for a second, I'll be like, oh yeah, I can see something first, clit second, and you try to use those moments. It's such a crash course doing it at that level. Like now when I go into a fifteen hundred seater room, it's easy, yeh. Or like when I did Battle Levans, it was in the stadium. Granted it wasn't full, it was maybe like half full. That's still a lot of people in the football stadium, like thirty thousand people, and they all singing, and it's just like and I'm like, you know, like it with zero anxiety, even though I didn't do a sound check. Like that only comes from having those high level experiences. And so I get really nervous when I don't have all my things, you know, because this is like I already have a lot to think about. Now I gotta worry about what you're hearing. Like when I have my people, I know that the audience and the consumer experience is gonna be it's gonna sound like the record. You're gonna be able to hear my words, you'll hear the music. It's not gonna be muddy. That's the most important for me. If I'm gonna go do a show, I want the user experience to be good. You know, no might hit the wrong no here and there, whatever, but I want you to be able to hear me.
Speaker 1: I didn't hear anything.
Speaker 4: It depends on one night, because I had a couple of nights where I.
Speaker 3: Was just like, whoa, that's part of it.
Speaker 4: But you came to l A.
Speaker 1: If you get through a whole LA show with no bad notes, nigga, if you have three ship yeah, you're good. You're bad in ninety eight percent it are you went crazy?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: Thank you crazy?
Speaker 1: Very good?
Speaker 3: Very good?
Speaker 4: And then I'm also learning, like you don't have to sing every word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, you have to sing every word, and you don't have to sing every note right.
Speaker 3: You can sing around the mid the deviation can't.
Speaker 4: Oh is that what it's called deviation?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I devate in a minute if I if I.
Speaker 5: Find nooying hot you can't hear that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get that lou rass. You'll never find right down. Don't go.
Speaker 1: Right in there. I'll come off stage and J be like I heard you.
Speaker 4: See that's what happens when you write these like singing as songs. Like I'd be thinking about that later, Like what was I thinking?
Speaker 3: Everything?
Speaker 2: You don't have to sing every single note, you know what I mean? A live performance is a live performance.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I personally, I like when people sing the way it is on the record.
Speaker 4: You want to hear that.
Speaker 2: I'm one of those type of people. But I do also understand, like listen, a live performance is supposed to have a different type of element to it.
Speaker 4: I'm spoiled now because I have background singers now, or I call them vocal support. June's Diary. I don't know if you guys are yeah, so yeah, So that was part of it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And then when I say they sing, and they do, they do movement like they sing down. So it was some nice when I was like, girls, I need your help today. Ladies like I need you to finish my phrases for me. When we was in college, what was that Denver with that altitude? Oh my god. I had the oxygen in the back, like I had to go around and I was like, tonight, y'all gonna have ten minutes on my set or five minutes or whatever it was. I'm gonna go back here and get this oxygen and then I'm gonna come back.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: It was just very much like a given tex like look like I wanted them to shine. I'm like, don't be scared sing, do your runs whatever, if you're feel in it, do it. Let the people hear you sing.
Speaker 3: That's dope.
Speaker 4: I love that, yeah, because I'm gonna be the principal, Like you can't you can't step on me, you know what I'm saying, Like the spotlight is following me, like I got my light. Y'all sing if y'all want to sing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now that's really cool because every artist isn't like that though, no matter if you got your spotlight or not. Some artists are just like, yeah, you know what you're saying.
Speaker 3: I heard that note. You hit what you're trying to do?
Speaker 4: Stop singing the pod now, baby?
Speaker 1: Yes, right, niggas get kicked off the tour like as opening acts, you're doing too much. Basically, no, we're not gonna need you for the rest of the way like that.
Speaker 3: It be like that no matter.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's the intention, right, So like if you're trying to if you you could tell when somebody trying to artist get at you.
Speaker 3: Artists don't care, oh nat.
Speaker 4: Because because I'm I'm I am uh involved in every aspect like, for example, I got some offers to go perform in the UK and I want Sasha Keebel to open for me. For those I don't know if you know her, she's amazing. She has a song called hold Up incredible Uh Colombian British r and b artists Sasha Keeble.
Speaker 3: Look her up, Sasha kee We're looking for you.
Speaker 4: I think she just went back to London. But she's amazing, So it's like, yeah, why would I want to step on her? I'm the one who will be throwing the shoe from backstage, like yeah, you know, can.
Speaker 1: We are we going to get a revenge to her.
Speaker 4: Probably in the spring February somewhere. I need a minute you.
Speaker 1: Say yes, yes, okay, because I need a yes yes absolutely, because I absolutely need to hear this album from top to bottom. I know you're going to pick the songs that you want to perform from the album, but I will say this from experience, and not just my experience, but from watching you know, whether it be Beyonce, whether it be justin Timberleg, whether it be they sing that whole album damn near top to bottom top. I did it with Sex Loving Thing too. That's the only tour where I sing an album from damn there on top to bottom, And when that album came on, people was like that, I've been waiting and I am waiting to hear Revenge from top to bottom. That is one of two songs that you don't want to I.
Speaker 4: Get it all. Yeah, and anything I would take out make me made for me because I don't saying it's so much.
Speaker 3: Don't you don't you dare?
Speaker 4: You can't if anything that, but I wouldn't you.
Speaker 1: You have created a body of work that I want to hear from top to bottom.
Speaker 3: I want to hear it. I want to see what.
Speaker 2: You know. And it's no business of singles, no skips, ye, not even just no skips of somebody really caring about an album, because it's just not promoted that way anymore. It's not promoted that way anymore. And your experience it has to be promoted that way because this is your life. This is something that you truly you you let us into something, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like this is not like like.
Speaker 2: You said, I'm not writing about seeing something. I'm writing about experiencing it for cloud. Yeah, So that's that has to be pushed in a different way. It has to be promoted, talked as a full body of work.
Speaker 1: And I'm saying this as a challenge, and then y'all can be mad at me.
Speaker 3: What was challenge?
Speaker 4: Jam?
Speaker 3: Who it is? Jam?
Speaker 1: Just try it for one week? Sell this album as an album. That's it.
Speaker 3: You have. You can't get another way.
Speaker 1: You can't get it no other way. You've already proven that you got the ship on there. You've already proven it. Now we need everybody to buy into the entire story, the entire off the wall, the entire thing. Because I'm invested in the story. I'm not invested in one song on the album. I listen to your album from top to about it and I feel like that is the way, Like it is fine dining, Like when you go into that fine dining and there's there's an appetizer, and there is a main and there is a dessert. It comes with it. You sit there, menu, you can set menu and it's two fifty person purpose.
Speaker 3: Always that's something you didn't say anything. I would.
Speaker 1: I would love it if your album was sold as a complete package. You can't buy one song, just just the thing. And maybe it's too late, Maybe you know it is what it is. It's in the system, it's it's doing what it's supposed to do. You're having success.
Speaker 4: It needs to be treated with a certain integrity.
Speaker 1: Because the other part is like, to me, it's just the work that you put into it. It validates that you you you you deserve for the songs that weren't radio songs.
Speaker 4: I have that argument.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to be played. Like the fact that Okay, they could stream one song fifteen hundred times and that is a pure album. So that works for you because you write everything, But for everyone else who's participated with you on the rest of those songs, that that misses them.
Speaker 4: And I will say, like there is sort of an endangered species sort of thing happening with artists who put that much effort into making a full body of work and the album packaging, and you know, like it's a lot, and if you don't support it, it's going to die. Yes, it's going to die. Because labels are like, well, why do we have to spend half a million on a project? And we could just spend ten thousand dollars on one single? What makes us two million? And then we can move on to the next artist. You know, don't have to invest because it costs money to invest in an artist and brand them. You know, it's millions, So you end up needing three or four or five five hits in order to break even versus just that one that you made in your closet. So it's like it's like a cannibalizing self, cannibalizing with all the artists that are like, oh, well, I made this song, you know, with a microphone in my room, Like yeah, but you don't understand how it's deteriorating. You can't sustain the business like that. You need artists that are putting out full bodies of work. Adele just says she's going away for a minute, Like we're tired, you know what I'm saying. It's a lot, and like the labels make you feel like you're doing so much. I'm asking for so much. I'm actually cheap compared to no, I am, I'm cheap compared to my contemporaries. I am. But this is an expensive game. You don't complain about if you drop a bumley, You're not complaining about how much the gas costs or how much the tires cost. You shouldn't have it if you can't afford it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't even know how many times I can say that your album is crazy to mak your album is crazy out now, revenge out. Now. You've done a top five already, you've done a Maybe we just do a top five songs on your album? Do we do that?
Speaker 3: Or we can do we can do a what's your top five?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: What's your current things that you like? Let's get into your playlist, play list, let's get into your playlist.
Speaker 7: Currents, let's get into your plist, current top five, current top five, current top five, Thank you Valentine, current top five singer.
Speaker 3: So we want to do maybe on the radio? You know, yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, houses like gospel rock. Thank everybody.
Speaker 1: I'm here all week.
Speaker 4: My current five are singers. What am I listening to? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I really like to put the singer and song together. You know.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, I really like Chloy Bailey's Rosa like that worried combo play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she made a combo. She made her on combo.
Speaker 4: Chloe Bailey Rose Nice one of my favorite songs.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 4: I really like Kilny Borders uh. And I guess just because I'm biased, just because I was on the road with him. But I've been listening to Chris's eleven eleven project, the whole thing, three, the whole thing. Just anytime I hear like, you.
Speaker 6: Know, he.
Speaker 1: Don't it do something?
Speaker 5: It does?
Speaker 3: Did who my music?
Speaker 4: I've been listening to wearing it out.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite song from your project?
Speaker 4: Reverse reverse, and then I would reverse interlude, and then I will say thirties mm hmmm, and then the baddest those are the ones that really resume. And then I have a deluxe coming with like four other songs, dude, dukes, because you got more music I do. I really wanted to put like nineteen songs on this project, but Tricky was like too much, Absolutely not. It was thirteen. And then I was like, please, can we have a ruin me?
Speaker 3: Oh nice? No.
Speaker 4: I turned that in like two weeks before at the album packaging shoot. Actually the night before I was like, I got.
Speaker 2: One more so on you can't turn that record down.
Speaker 4: And then I've been listening to it either. It would be a tie between four Bats and Laila.
Speaker 3: I love four Bats, I love.
Speaker 2: And I love that he made kind of a a nostalgic R and B album along with his new way.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Doing it on stage?
Speaker 3: You seen that? That's how I felt like I was gonna here on this album.
Speaker 4: Did you see that they been doing it on stage? Doing it on stage or like they like simulated it's like a bed in here now. Yeah, and then the girl get under the covers they be on stage.
Speaker 2: They bring in the bed on the stage. Okay, that's throw back R and B.
Speaker 4: That's dangerous.
Speaker 2: I mean you gotta get but you gott get some papers. A part of Christ where all the girls come out and yeah, they want to talk about that is that's dangerous.
Speaker 3: To the girls.
Speaker 1: Fucking rope with us?
Speaker 3: Son, you mean with the girls is like dancers.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, that's his dancer.
Speaker 1: Still got to get a permission slip.
Speaker 4: They don't be kissing real, they kind of do, they don't know. It's the angle of the.
Speaker 3: Grinding.
Speaker 4: They did not be kissing. You come out the part where like him and Taylor, it's.
Speaker 3: A bumping the grinding.
Speaker 1: You gonna tell me no different.
Speaker 4: You know that that grinding and stuff that's real.
Speaker 1: They got that right is real. Body parts respond to that type of ship.
Speaker 5: You know that.
Speaker 4: She was definitely heard, but right on every night close. But that was not kissing.
Speaker 1: I used to be able to do that in my show.
Speaker 3: I can't do.
Speaker 4: My marriage is got to be respectful.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, but Christy his baby mamas be right there, they be like, oh my god. Yeah, it's part of the show. Like I wouldn't get mad. It's part of the show that I.
Speaker 1: Think you So you wouldn't get mad if it's part of the show because it's just part of the show.
Speaker 5: It's just's just dancer.
Speaker 3: That's my dancer. I'm not doing anything with my dance.
Speaker 4: What you're doing?
Speaker 3: What am I doing?
Speaker 4: I didn't say that.
Speaker 1: I'm just performing.
Speaker 3: It's just.
Speaker 4: Is it me? Personally? Me, I would not get upset. Cool, No, I don't like that. Out I see what you're trying to do.
Speaker 1: No, welcome to this phone call.
Speaker 4: Did I try to use this later?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the straight Way conference?
Speaker 4: Not me personally, I wouldn't want money.
Speaker 3: What did you What did you say?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: What was you saying when it's all the show?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't get upset.
Speaker 1: Do you do you have a current? I ain't saying no names that you wouldn't want to get off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get the let's get the the Grammy win in on that tour ship changed.
Speaker 5: Now, you know, just as a whole.
Speaker 4: Like it's crazy how people just when they think you got it, whether you have it or not, it's mine. Yeah, it's so crazy. How the prices go up like before, why you change? We're still doing the same show.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's the same show.
Speaker 4: Why are you charging me more now? And like you know, if i'm if, I'm I was. I went from like paying to perform, so now I get to take a little bit of something home and you want to take that. So basically everybody get paid but me. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh that's that's uh, that's it.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. That's how I might take a thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: On maybe hey hey hey hey.
Speaker 3: Maybe no not anymore. Yeah no.
Speaker 4: But like I started seeing that happen, I'm like, what the fuck I'm making more money and getting less because it's crazy.
Speaker 1: You gotta like, like everybody has to realize this. It doesn't start with you on stage.
Speaker 4: Right There's all this work that I have to do start with.
Speaker 3: You years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to get to this stage right here. So for me to get to this stage right here, I should be seeing the bulk.
Speaker 4: Of this, and I'm not well. I wasn't. I just put it stopped. I'm like, don't book me no more shows. I'm not finna get up there and take time away from my family, my baby. I'm busting my butt. I can't have fun. Everybody else having a good time. I gotta go to sleep at nine o'clock so I could actually wake up and sing, because.
Speaker 1: You got to sing lead.
Speaker 5: Y'all getting paid everybody else.
Speaker 1: Everybody else can coast and cruise and we won't notice. You cannot. You cannot go to sleep.
Speaker 4: All these people in my dressing room. Why y'all drinking up all my cost Guys like why? Why?
Speaker 3: Ah? Why?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 4: Where is my rebel?
Speaker 3: Where where?
Speaker 4: The first day of tour, bro I came in the dressing room, snacks ran through everything. I said, well, damn, y'all don't give a about me. That's crazy. Nobody asked me. Did I eat? Y'all don't open my watermelon? Wow. The next day I came in there, I had a full style refrigerator. Nobody had touched nothing. I was like, thank you to speak on that's so crazy that you just didn't even think about me, Like y'all took all the good chips, left me to free doos talk about to eat free id't know on motherfucking corn chips, and I want vegan chips neither. I want the smart fool popcorn, and I want the solven ship, and I want all the stuff that's on my writer.
Speaker 1: Well, my thing is that don't open my twinkies till I opened my twins thank you, then you can have a twinky.
Speaker 2: Nobody want twinky, and you gotta start picking that the dumbody want your niggas want Boston Bean exactly.
Speaker 1: And don't don't got too many lamp stops. Don't get no lamp stops until shot get his lamb chops. The shot get his lamp chops first.
Speaker 4: Remember, on the first day to LA, we couldn't even get into the stable center or the crypto. Excuse me, excuse me, we couldn't even get in. It's the thirty minutes before I got to go on stage. I'm still not even so I'm like, I started getting pissed because I'm like, Noah, I know, damn will they are in there getting ready all this. Why ain't nobody calling my phone make see where I'm.
Speaker 3: At, to make sure yeah, I get.
Speaker 4: In the venue, they politicking everybody in the hallway. Just I'm pissedide I'm like, ain't now one of y'all just trying to see where I'm at because if I don't get on this stage, y'all not getting paid, none of y'all. Like bro, it began to black.
Speaker 1: What was that about?
Speaker 4: Somebody didn't do what they were supposed to do. We ain't had no parking past.
Speaker 3: It be a lot of shit going on the road, and crazy is.
Speaker 4: I just now realized that the person who invited me on tour, Chris, didn't know anything about all the stuff that I was dealing with the whole tour. He sleeps till five o'clock. He's not but he had no clue of all the bs that I was the ones. I took it like a chimp.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, hey, he's an open He definitely would.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the tour he was like, no, you you got seniority like you should. I'm like, maam, I'm not about to call you.
Speaker 1: He's one of those guys you can tell I could have but you should have. And then guess what. Guess what.
Speaker 4: But by the time I started it was the end of the tours, like you know, the last two days.
Speaker 1: You have a friend like that, Hey, friend just having a tough time.
Speaker 4: I know some people would have got in trouble if I would have said the stuff that I had to do, that.
Speaker 1: That's it. He don't. He don't want that to connect.
Speaker 3: It to him.
Speaker 4: I don't want him though, because I started experiencing. That's one thing I will say. You asked about the difference between hours and hours in the timeframe and how things have elevated and grown. There are so many things that don't even make it to my desk now, and it's it's this weird uh almost like write a passage where like people just start to feel like, oh, you're the star now. So I need to translate and I need to be like, no, I want to know what's going on in my world. You know what I'm saying. It's weird. It's such a weird thing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you no, no, no, I don't like.
Speaker 4: Not knowing what's going on.
Speaker 1: No, he's here.
Speaker 6: I don't like so star one on one songwriter, producer, performer, one O one.
Speaker 3: That's what you do, that's your focus.
Speaker 1: Anything that's trying to interrupt that. That's everybody else's job to keep that from happening. It's not supposed to make it to your desk.
Speaker 3: Yes, some things are. They just never supposed to make it.
Speaker 4: And then what if I end up still having to deal with it?
Speaker 3: Shouldn't then you have to deal with them. Then you gotta deal with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that Those are the conversations I mean, like listen, you you're talking to artist manager. There's certain things that like, once if it gets to him, I got a black dog. This happened because and this is why this happened, and and then we have to give you know, we have to figure out, like you know, what's the root of it and then come to an understanding of it. And then it's times where I gotta be like nik, am I bad, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Or even as the.
Speaker 2: Artist, he'll say that something he didn't part of his job, he'd be like, ja, my bad, you know what I'm saying, Like you have to you have to have that.
Speaker 3: And everybody that's a part of it.
Speaker 2: If it's rolemager, if it's lawyers, if it's assistance, if it's you know.
Speaker 3: Whoever, whatever, directors whoever part you play on the team.
Speaker 2: I got it, like we all here to everybody so that we can get home safely and we can make as much money as possible put on the best show us that we can.
Speaker 4: One thing I can't stand is getting a bill for something.
Speaker 1: Who when I first got that, Uh, your bus was thirty minutes late?
Speaker 3: Bill?
Speaker 1: Yeah for loading?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh there's a bill for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, well you're getting ready to headline? Tell you like.
Speaker 4: This, Thank you for the heads up. So I don't want.
Speaker 1: To be late to these union buildings, Yeah, not a minute.
Speaker 3: The union don't play be there early.
Speaker 4: So basically, if the workers are there ready, oh yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Down the clock.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're gonna charge you.
Speaker 3: And they're gonna charge you maybe time and a half. Yeah for making them wait to make it.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: And if you're not out hard out ye.
Speaker 4: See but see I knew about that, hold on, and then.
Speaker 3: You gotta think Chris would have had to pay for all. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you'll notice some unions are more expensive than others, so most cities are going to be at a standard pace. And then you're gonna get to a city like Boston and get to see like New York and why is this so much more?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they don't play, but no, they was in my ear so like if I had a hard thirty minutes, it doesn't matter. If I started late, they'd be like, you got one more song and I'll be like, okay, skip, like I know what to you know, like yeah, they wasn't playing that so.
Speaker 1: Again, like you know, you're within your delegation process like those people like my guys know, hey, man, run it, say yes or say no for me, do it.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm back here. I'm just some push ups and shot gonna do like four hundred and fifty push ups. Man, I'm gonna drink my Red Bull, which is always waiting on me.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I need it.
Speaker 1: You got to have it.
Speaker 4: Need it because you can't do coffee because it's like more drying.
Speaker 1: I do coffee too.
Speaker 4: I can't do the coffee. It drives me out.
Speaker 1: I did coffee the other night and I was like and I was like, I'm not gonna do a Red Bull.
Speaker 4: Then I get like jittering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes that ship I went, I went.
Speaker 1: He was up for like three days.
Speaker 4: Coffee or you know, there's a new energy drink. I think it's the rock. It's called zoa.
Speaker 5: No, I know you, it's it's been out.
Speaker 4: I just discovered.
Speaker 5: But it's a it's a greater way better well.
Speaker 4: Than other things that I tried. You don't have to drink the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Because that'd be still away from all of it.
Speaker 4: I drink just naturally.
Speaker 1: Just I just find my voice. I just find my voice for some reason. Me and Lannie one time, I think it was a cruise or something like, we were performing somewhere and we was tired, and we had never sang off an energy drink before. This is like maybe you know twelve.
Speaker 4: Make it it sound like it's drugs.
Speaker 1: It's drugs, No, it's and so we had we had some muster drinks around and he's like, man, let's give me some of this monster. We went out mons and I told were singing up here.
Speaker 3: I was like this, what was that?
Speaker 4: That was basically a four logo. That's basically what it was. Drinking Foster energy drink is insane.
Speaker 1: And that's where we kind of got the idea maybe a little pinch of energy drink or get.
Speaker 3: Us, it is a pinch of and so the red this is micro.
Speaker 1: Microdose red bull when when I do my show, just a little bit SIPs because you got to think too, as I learned from my nutritionists, Like as you're going through this what he likes to call kind of event, well we're reference it as like a game, right, So you're playing a thirty minute energy You're playing a thirty minute basketball game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, straight, right, So.
Speaker 1: Within that thirty minutes, so you can and just drink you can't. So you got to figure out and you got to figure out if you can take a bite in between.
Speaker 4: So that's like athletes when they go on the side.
Speaker 1: When the runners are running, they're running those distance runs, there are there are stations, there are stops where they can grab jails to replenish electrolytes, they can grab water, they can grab Most performers.
Speaker 3: Don't do that. Most performers don't do They don't even going off to.
Speaker 5: The side of the stuff.
Speaker 4: It's not candy though, I should maybe put something.
Speaker 1: Listen, even if it's like some crackers and something like you need to replenish and get on the side.
Speaker 4: Already.
Speaker 5: I'll usually do this.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's it. That's that's the thing that red bullets is a thing, but I mean the people. It has to be easier for you because the work that you do to to create that.
Speaker 4: And then not to mention, I'll be up there with a course at all out four layers of tights. Yeah that's what y'all don't see. I'll be up yeah, singing.
Speaker 1: Through that being a woman.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm. And the ones you said he's gonna make cute songs, Yeah, that's why, because I want to look cute. I ain't trying to be Yeah. May no, thank you.
Speaker 3: It looks good, it sounds good, Thank you, It is really good.
Speaker 4: Thank y'all.
Speaker 3: We're here for you. The first double up ever, the first double well, and we thought it was important.
Speaker 4: I appreciate.
Speaker 1: We thought it was important that you.
Speaker 3: Know that you do this with us.
Speaker 4: Are we going to do R and B money Pinky Ring first of all in Vegas album release party Vegas.
Speaker 3: I love that. I love that, and we just you know, we'll figure out the workarounds and work in you know.
Speaker 5: Because really I like that.
Speaker 4: Really I'm releasing my album all year, yes, ye, dropping every day.
Speaker 1: If you're not promoting all year, if you're not dropping them dimes on your socials and all that, all year, you are doing this album at this service.
Speaker 3: I want to hear about this everything for me, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm putting my music behind every video that I'm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every you're doing a video for every song.
Speaker 4: No, no, but you know how I really want to That's what I would normally do, but how my time is set up these days, I just don't.
Speaker 1: Have time but think about this, think about this, think about this. What's crazy is that what we don't realize as I was going through the TikTok you know, rabbit hole, and I'm just looking and I'm just looking at all of these different kinds of videos that are just that are just tracking a million, two three, four fifty teen million, and they are just sitting there with a microphone giving people a visual of their song. It's not the videos we think it is because I'm always trying to figure out a production. I'm always trying to that he's trying to talk me off the roof of chief. That's two hundred and fifty thou never.
Speaker 3: That's true. Money.
Speaker 1: There is value. There is so much value in you sitting in that black chair right there behind that microphone, singing your song or not even singing your song, enjoying your song. There is so much value because at the end of the day, whether you realize it or not, people just want to see you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a lot of effort to get up and get your hair and makeup and put on an outfit.
Speaker 1: Well you chose to be dope, your fault and cute. Yeah you're fuck get back to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, But when I do it, it just like I love so cute today. You know what I'm saying, It's worth it. Like when you put.
Speaker 5: Everything on you look good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you put everything on, you get that carry.
Speaker 2: You like you look good on purpose supposed to. I'll be surprised. You see me with I watches next time.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, I got none of them. I find some more, one of them all upside down.
Speaker 1: Give money. I don't know you know what to say.
Speaker 5: Congratulations, Thank you, Tang, thank you j of course you are.
Speaker 1: Always welcome here for anything anytime. You know what I'm saying. I know you're doing a bunch of remixes. You know what I'm saying. You I know, we don't. I know we dealt away with the age conversation. But you the old Nigga remix.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, I would love to do like a genuine like do it. I don't think people know what that means anymore, like they be like feature like no, yeah, yeah, you know on a Psychiki.
Speaker 1: Fire you know, ain't gone nowhere, still cracking to this day. Still I'm in it.
Speaker 4: I would love to do.
Speaker 1: We got that going, We got the Pinky Ring, we got the Revenge tour. Revenge is out basically on book.
Speaker 5: That's what it sounds like, your book where it's glam your book.
Speaker 4: I got videos to shoot. We got an album release party.
Speaker 1: And you know what's another thing. I was gonna say, either get you a tour bus or get you a sprinter by one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tour buses. So I had Cat Williams bus he.
Speaker 3: Was about to buy. So you can clearly buy it, you know whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you can't drop the tour bus around it's going.
Speaker 1: It's gonna save you some money and make you some money.
Speaker 4: We've got a blood You got a tour bus, boy, because I feel like I have to get one made because like customs, because they just don't have them just sitting there.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you want to buy a used one. You don't want to buy no.
Speaker 4: One, but then they break down.
Speaker 1: Though everything breaks down, you find a good used one with good it was so good. Yeah, you find a good one with good papers.
Speaker 3: I know guys on them.
Speaker 2: Like you said you had someone else's bus YEP, someone could also have your bus YEP, because I'm sure you paid good money for I.
Speaker 4: Did cat Apocalypse. It was very comfortable.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, get you to call this investments to Chris, Daddy said, I'm getting a tour bus.
Speaker 4: His tour bus is insane.
Speaker 1: Said, I'm getting my own tour bus, like in.
Speaker 4: Saying I never seen a bus like that before.
Speaker 1: Because you're a touring artist now yep. Yeah, and you want to be calmfort too at the highest.
Speaker 4: You don't want to know argu about that because management was like, yeah, you need your bus. Said listen, I'm too old and I'm too picky. You ain't about to have me uncomfortable. I need that one. I don't care whatever we gotta do, that's my bus.
Speaker 1: I'm just throwing it out there. You know, Well, the millions are flowing. I need to figure out, well it's while it's coming on in because I might rent your to bus.
Speaker 4: It was a bunch of people trying to get the one I.
Speaker 3: Had, which, lets you know that could be your bus.
Speaker 4: Them out, You're right, see you see how they get you game? These got money.
Speaker 1: Got to be playing the lottery every week. I'm trying to hear it. I got I got big money ideas.
Speaker 2: I already know the Lord ain't gonna bless me with no lot of money. Why because I've been blessed enough.
Speaker 3: I really feel like that I am the lottery.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am not the I'm not the lottery wunner anybody.
Speaker 4: Literally, I feel like we could make out of thin air, like like literally, you ain't gonna.
Speaker 3: Win the lottery too.
Speaker 1: I agree with all these things you're saying. I'm going to hit the lottery as well.
Speaker 3: I hope you do.
Speaker 1: Busses for everybody. Give me a bus, busses for everywhere, the busses and planes for everybody.
Speaker 4: Now I take a plane. Now, let me get a plane.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm gonna do. I believe in you. We're going up are here for five hundred million.
Speaker 2: You get at your local seven eleven, dropping a thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: This week, the whole day for everybody.
Speaker 8: We come through this seven elevens on me, everybody, don't forget about me when you I want to win, to give, that's that's because my honestly, that's my sole mission in life, my mission.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm designed to be of service. I'm here to give and I want to be a blessing to its memorable people is humanly possible.
Speaker 3: I want a lot of regivings. The forty seven dollars, it's not going to change.
Speaker 1: I want to be able to be like this. You know what I want to be when I'm doing tank pay for this. I want to pay. I want to pay the house off.
Speaker 4: I just want a hundred million. I'm doing it. Yeah, one hundred million.
Speaker 1: You're tracking, You're tracking four hundred million?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How fast is how it's.
Speaker 3: Going to be?
Speaker 1: Tell me you have a date, You're you're, you're, you're you're tracking from a success standpoint like algorithm, algorithm and numbers. Right now, you keep at this pace, you're tracking four hundred million. Keep to his coming, keep and I will.
Speaker 3: I know you will. You've been writing hits for a long time.
Speaker 4: Got a bunch of but I really want to get into my life. Read it.
Speaker 1: I'm just hoping Bessie seize the light of dau. Just avoid my son. I don't want me to dance.
Speaker 2: I want your song to come out. I don't want him to dance whatever I'm in the video, And don't put him in the video.
Speaker 4: You would whoa what was that?
Speaker 3: I got your hands?
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, ladies and gentleman.
Speaker 1: My name is Tank Valentine and this is the Army Money Podcast, the authority on all things R and B and I don't, I don't. We don't say this much.
Speaker 3: We don't. We we try to claim things here.
Speaker 1: We try to believe in everything that we do, and we believe in money, long.
Speaker 3: Revenge out right now out now, go get it, go get it.
Speaker 1: We're still clapping, guys, We're still We're still clapping. Blam red bull the premium chips eat.
Speaker 3: Don't eat up the.
Speaker 5: Premium you're supposed to get in the jumping rum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but don't stop shouting out ship that don't pay nigga niga hear me up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Energy, energy, drink.
Speaker 1: And are R and money.
Speaker 2: R and B Money is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio, app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. Don't forget to subscribe to and rate our show, and you can connect with us on social media at Jay Valentine and at the Real Tank. For the extended episode, subscribe to YouTube dot com, Forward, slash r, and b Money