Speaker 1: Derek was in that locker room today wearing all pink.
Speaker 2: I believe it. It was like on fire. Though.
Speaker 3: I remember the time he came in and was wearing all yellow with like some SpongeBob nikes on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are we rolling this thing or no? That's the deal of a press a start button. We had a press start button to know that we're going boss.
Speaker 2: We know the rule number one.
Speaker 1: We know the rule. There's a rumor going around about, uh Derek that Jordan Ruse asked Derek. He's like, do you ever wear the same mountfit twice? And Derek said, yeah, I wear the same Mountfit twice. But lookie, I've never seen him wear the same mountfit twice. I've never seen him wear the same outfit twice.
Speaker 2: Never ever.
Speaker 3: Now, obviously, traveling, he's probably not wearing the same outfit twice.
Speaker 1: But I want to know if he's just wearing his casual clothes. I know he doesn't wear the same out like travel off it twice.
Speaker 2: I know that for sure.
Speaker 1: But that is just one subject of plenty of subjects you're gonna hear on the best above average podcast You've ever heard in your entire life, presented by The best vehicle on the road, the Chevy Silverado. We know that every team starts and undefeated for the first month. Everyone has a shot, but one team has already won it all.
Speaker 2: That team is.
Speaker 1: Chevy and it's star player, the Silverado. According to JD Power, Chevy is the most awarded brand of new vehicle quality and Chevy Trucks has won more vehicle quality awards than any other brand. That's some serious hard word.
Speaker 2: What you off. You're doing great? I just thanks, mam.
Speaker 1: But champions don't stop. They keep moving forward. And that's what Silverado is all about. From the LT model to the most extreme Silverado ever. WHOA just bit my tongue when I was trying to say that word, the z R two. Chevy gave the Silverado a new and tier with large infotainment screen, with a large er infotainment screen and digital instrument cluster. They gave it towing technology and up to fourteen available camera views we've talked about. That's a lot of views, which you all you need, all the views you do in this world. Right now, it's always truck season here at Bustin, but now it's also tail good season, Tailgate season, and what a better way to roll up to a tailgate than in a Chevy Silverado boasting a larger, more functional bed than any other competitor. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more about Chevy Sierado for JD Power twenty twenty two US Award information, visit jdpower dot com Slash Awards. One take there, that was one take, but LOOKI I did read it over, so it's all good, dude. So anyway back to these hard hitting things. Yeah, I've never seen Derek wear the same outfit twice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really don't think he asked.
Speaker 3: And I think with him telling rus like yeah, man, I do it, I think he's lying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what a flex to not do, to not wear the same outfit twice. And he has some fire fits for sure.
Speaker 2: He's the king. He's the king. He's the fucking king. Why don't you draft him in fantasy? Then? Going up this week? Oh, tailgates.
Speaker 3: It's a business. It's a business. There's a lot of verb in the fantasy fantasy draft yesterday. Did the fantasy draft yesterday with the Boys. Derek went to overall the team Lawan, the.
Speaker 2: Team Lawan, what's your team name? Team Lawe? Team la One.
Speaker 1: Just fucking just keep it straight, baby with us. This is us, this is what we're doing.
Speaker 2: I love did you now? Was Derek there? Yes?
Speaker 1: You draft him because he was there? Absolutely not. I would never do that. It's a business and if I had to, I looked Derek and.
Speaker 2: I I think like you, like you're you're my team. You see what kind of hate I'm dealing with. You got a good squad. You got a good squad. I just think that. You know.
Speaker 1: I called all the boys in I during during the combine. I'll tell you about the combine. There's a thing called the train station. You go in there, they do a bunch of interviews and there's formal interviews. I had formal interviews with all of these guys, brought them over to my facility, showed them who's who in the zoo and what's going on around here. We had a good talk, learn about their person I learn about their family. Not only do I have a great team, I got a bunch of good character guys too, A lot of guys that are going to get this this franchise to the top. So shout out team Lauan. What's your team name?
Speaker 2: Uh BoNT biscuits. That's ritual. That's a fun name. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: I'm like that, you know, Uh, it's.
Speaker 3: Kind of like a nod to the boys. It's a nod to a group chat obviously.
Speaker 1: When Talladay and Nights comes out and he said magic many that is a cool one, like anybody kind of at first, that's where I was just now I was gonna come around to that.
Speaker 2: I think you're jealous.
Speaker 1: One thing that's gonna make me jealous this week is you guys are tailgating one pm at ACNE Feed in Seed. All the boys come on down see him. Even if you're a New York Giants fan, dude and you want to get a little piece of what Nashville is all about. The best way to start is on First and Broad at ACME Feed and Seed. From the top, you can see Daddy's office and what he's doing there on Sundays. Cannot wait to call the boys after the game. They're gonna want to talk about football. I'm only gonna be want to talk about how that tailgate go. Did the boys love the merchant? I think we're doing something special right. There's some are gonna be on it or something.
Speaker 3: There's the vibes are gonna be up. There's a really good collab going on there from from Whistle Pig. There's gonna be cocktails there. There's gonna be giveaways. We're gonna We're gonna do it up. The boys are gonna be there.
Speaker 2: Sure Taylor's wearing that's gonna be on sale.
Speaker 3: Yes, the new shirts that we made, the Lightning, all of those will be there. They will be on sale. So if you're waiting on them in the mail right now and you think they might get there a little late and you need to cap them before the game, you can do that agn feed and see absolutely, but it's gonna be a great time.
Speaker 1: Well nothing, There's not a better feeling in my body than when I jog out on the fields right before the game starts and I see a bunch of busting with the boys flags for a bunch of seventy seven jerseys and any type of bust and merch out there for a moment, I just fucking I just smile and I get back into business.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: But that's gotta like.
Speaker 3: I know that that feels good because see, like each year there are more and more flags that come about. Everybody's yelling the boys, and they the energy's good, man, the energy is well. What I actually just thought of is, remember, get them hitters out donkeys. Do you remember the first year we did the tailgates over in that parking lot and you would like drive by and honk your horn and stuff like that, and we'd FaceTime and everything else. Yeah, there there'd be a couple like lower ones, but then there'd be a few where there's like several hundred people there.
Speaker 2: God, it was so beautiful. How far we've come. How far we've come, dude, How far we've come.
Speaker 1: Let's see how far we've come.
Speaker 4: Let's see how far we've come.
Speaker 2: Man, believe you know.
Speaker 3: Oh well, we're going on pretend and then the far we've.
Speaker 2: Come, Oh, yeah, far we've come.
Speaker 1: Speaking of coming, dude, the merch is coming, bro, it's coming, and it's gonna fucking hit everybody right in the face or somewhere on the body. Dude, that is where we are going. We got fire hit or merch coming out.
Speaker 2: You're wearing it. It's already wearing it. I'm coming out. It's out out. That's out zero Lis detected.
Speaker 1: And also, dude, a lot of guys coming for the UH for their division.
Speaker 2: Everyone's coming for the division.
Speaker 1: I will now bow out of this and I love to hear will make some enemies and some friends at the same time.
Speaker 2: We're talking about I want to hear what you're winning division this year.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's start with the AFC North. In the NFC North, you have the Ravens, the Bengals, the Browns, and the Steelers.
Speaker 3: Dude, that is a solid division.
Speaker 2: Joey b Lamar, Jacks Bottom, we'll.
Speaker 3: Not talked about them. One to three is a gritty it's a very ready division. I think number four, who's not gonna make it? Or the Cleveland Browns this year they have They're gonna have a very dark cloud.
Speaker 2: Over them all year long. That is my opinion.
Speaker 3: I think who's taking the AFC North, Who's third?
Speaker 1: I like to hear them all.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Brown's at four, Browns at four? Artbreak and then I think it's just gonna be a battle.
Speaker 2: Maybe you might get like I could.
Speaker 3: I could easily see the Bengals, Steelers and Ravens fighting for three teams in the playoffs. Wow, just like I could in the AFC West between the Raiders, Chargers and Chiefs. But I think it's gonna be the Bengals come out on top. I think Joey Be just continues to fucking elevate. He's gonna be ripping stogies after every game. He's gonna have them like tint color shades on when he steps off the bus. He's got you know, the boys got the dog in him. I think number two is gonna be the Steelers. Najie Harris, I think is gonna have an incredible year. He was somehow I wish I could have grabbed in fantasy because I know they're gonna feed him twenty five to thirty times a game, and the Steelo.
Speaker 1: Is just promo to mister Steele, O girl. Mitchell Trubisky got out the boy.
Speaker 3: That's the only reason where you could see the Ravens taking two, just because I'm not sure how that dynamic is gonna be with mister Bisky. Well also because but if I'll say this, if they get a deal done with Lamar Jackson, you can see Lamar Jackson, the Ravens start to skyrocket that number two, competing for possibly number one. But what I'm saying is the Bengals are taking this division, the AFC East between the Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, and New York Jets. The Jets, they're gonna be the same old Jets Patriots. I think they're gonna have it down year as well. However, they could be surprising. They're gonna be in a lot of dogfights. They're gonna play a lot of defense. I think who's the what's the quarterback's name? Mac Jones, because I kept thinking Mac Brown Mac Jones. I think he's you know, he's a student.
Speaker 4: Of the game.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be a clock manager. Belichick's always gonna have someone up asleeve. The Dolphins could make a big jump. However, the fucking Buffalo Bills are taking that division fairly easily. I think they're probably the favorite to win the Super Bowl, right and Dolphins?
Speaker 2: I will Dolphins. Are you think Dolphins make a big jump? Tyreek Hill? I think they can bro like they have they have Tyreek Hill. They got to I think to.
Speaker 1: Waddle thereatmember their titand he's a stud.
Speaker 2: That's who I was trying to think.
Speaker 3: Mike Jose I don't know if what's not Dame man, he's Notre Dame.
Speaker 2: Uh don't fact check with him and Quent Nelson one time. Nice boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like Dolphins got some talent. It's just you know, you just don't know if they're gonna Dolphins. Doesn't they don't have a track record of being like a good team every year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: AFC South, obviously, I think the Boys are gonna win that one. I do think you guys are gonna compete with the Colts Jaguars. I think Houston Texas are gonna suck Jaguars. I think Trevor Lawrence can make a nice little jump going in the year two.
Speaker 2: I would like see alone being in this room right now.
Speaker 3: I know you can't. Yeah, it's all good. You can't say non variable. We know you're a Tier one and we know you this stuff. The boy, he's not gonna come in on any of this stuff. AFC West, the fucking Raiders are winning this division, and I do think boys. My hot take of the NFL season, the Chiefs are not making the playoffs, Raiders are gonna win. Chargers are gonna get in as well in that wild card spot because I think the charge are gonna be nice. I also think the Broncos are pretty fucking good. And I just don't think the Chiefs are making the playoffs this year. That's my hot take of the year. They're not even making the fucking playoffs. Fuck you, Travis kelcey U NFC.
Speaker 1: We're never gonna get Pat Mahomes on this bus.
Speaker 3: Pat Mahomes, he the Pat Mahomes treams. I feel like has already left us. My man on follow me on Twitter last year.
Speaker 2: It was a sad day. It was a bad day. We're just gonna move on. And unless you were able to get him on.
Speaker 1: Bears, Lions, Packers, Vikings, not a whole lot of dude education on this one.
Speaker 2: DIA.
Speaker 1: A lot of history in these teams, though, yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot of history in these teams. I think who's gonna come out on top of this division? The Minnesota Vikings? Oh my, I do I think the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he already, he already, he already got them on.
Speaker 2: The Bucks hang on.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: I do think green Bay, Yeah, I think Green Bay is gonna make the wild Card. Like, I think they're still gonna be a good team. I just think Minnesota. I'm a big fan of Kevin O'Connell coming from LA I was with him in Washington he comes from that same mold of McVeigh, Lafleur, Shanahan, all those boys. I think Kevin O'Connell, Justin Jefferson is gonna be the the black Cooper Cup in that offense. So I think they're gonna I think they're gonna make a lot of noise with Kirk Cousins, Dalvin Cook, all them boys.
Speaker 2: I think Minnesota's taking it.
Speaker 3: NFC East, I think, you know again, I'm cutting ties like this is not personal.
Speaker 2: I'm rooting for the fucking commanders.
Speaker 3: But I think the favorite coming out of the East is the Philadelphia Eagles. I think all the weapons they've added, they continue to add, they traded for what's his name in that cornerback down in New Orleans, you can tell that they're trying to win, like right now. So I think that I think Philly is the favorite come out of there. The NFC South, I think Tom Brady this is where he starts to diminish. This is where he's this is where his downfall start. Been staying it for years. It's been saying it for years, saying it for years. I think now at forty, how how old is he? I think he's forty four, forty four years old.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady's gonna start withering your way. Fucking love Tom Brady. New Orleans Saints are coming out of that division. It's been a week. There doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: What about what about Arthur Smith and the Falcons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen again this I'm not saying the Saints because it's like a personal thing. Like I'm I'm trying to remove myself as much as possible.
Speaker 1: Every single team you've been associated with, you've picked to win the division.
Speaker 2: I was not. I was not affiliate with Andrews Smander Spander.
Speaker 3: You're right, You're right, and I have more like I want all my guys to win at Green Bay. What do you mean, Lafleur Besati, Joe Barry Ko. Yeah, but you didn't play Rogers my boy and Rogers your boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This' mupups Blue and Ayahuasca trips together. We said we're gonna get a motorcycle gang whenever he moves here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's not a morsel game with there's three wheels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we're still gonna be boys, you know what I'm saying. Like we're two wheels, nothing's gonna be running the same crew.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be part of that care. I don't know why I'm not getting a trike. I will not. You'll get a fucking trick. You'll do what I fucking tell you.
Speaker 3: NFC Wes, NFC West. I think I think the Niners are gonna take that. I think there's a lot of question marks. Blossi and I know you're back there. I know you're kind of fired up right now. You just want twelve to midnight.
Speaker 2: With that pick. But I think sixth the midnight. I think, uh, there's a lot of question marks. Are hunting gray Lance. However, on paper, that roster is absolutely loaded.
Speaker 3: I think the defense is really good after debo, I think they stay healthy. You guys have arguably the best roster outside of the quarterback position out there.
Speaker 2: So those are my picks.
Speaker 1: We interrupt this episode to bring you whistle Pick Bonnie and Clyde, Butch, Cassidy and Sun Dance, Taylor Lawan and Will Compton. But the next legendary duo is whistle Pigs Piggyback on Rye and their new piggyback when hunter Proof Bourbon always keeping at one hundred whistle Pig match their piggyback one hundred percent Rye with their Piggyback one hundred proof Bourbon Whiskey Piggyback one hunter Proof fourbon can taller and bolder than the pack. No other Bourbon and Rye duo on the market offers this big of age proof and mash or a full send on flavor. We enjoy our, We enjoy ours in a maple cocktail. Piggyback one hundred percent Rye is perfect in Why am I having in a maple old fashioned?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: My eyes, I'm so. I know it's that I'm having a hard time right now. No, no, I need, I need to see it through. The Piggyback one hundred percent Rye is a perfect is perfect in a maple old fashion and the Piggyback one hunter Proof Bourbon is for those citrusy cocktails like the Maple Bourbon Sour.
Speaker 2: Hundred for all for dude, Dude.
Speaker 1: I'm having a tough one. I'm having a tough in here. One hundred for all all for one hundred. Pegeback one hundred percent Rye and Peggyback one hunter Proof Bourbon is one hundred percent of the good stuff. Get your bottles at Shop Dot Whistlepig Whiskey dot com, shop dot Whistlepig Whiskey dot com, or at a local retailer. I apologize, Whistlepig. I really I love your stuff. I think it's unbelievable. The boys just having a hard time raading the eyes are going.
Speaker 6: Oh with having said, give us the AFC NFC Super Bowl matchup and winner.
Speaker 1: Okay, I am coach of the year.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, so my uh my Super Bowl prediction.
Speaker 1: Give us AFC Championship and NFC Championship prediction. First, Hey, I act like I'm not here. Okay, say least no, dude, this this is tough. Like I do think the Bills are the favorites.
Speaker 3: Like what my heart wants in the AFC Championship game clearly the Titans and the Raiders. In the NFC the championship game, I want, uh, the Packers.
Speaker 2: And the Niners.
Speaker 3: That's what I These are the selfish things I want in these isn't the NFC Championship every year? Yeah, but I love it like again, like I want I want besatching them boys to do fucking to do awesome.
Speaker 2: I would love to see Green Bay actually go to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: So how do you go in the af Championship?
Speaker 2: Not what you want? What you think is gonna happen. Raiders and Raiders are gonna coming from the NFC. No, who's gonna be the AFC Championship game? Yeah, Raiders and Titans.
Speaker 1: So you just went on this whole kick about the Bills and now your championship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you guys are wanting my personal like you know, I just what you think.
Speaker 1: It's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Do you want my like very objective, unbiased, very objective, unbiased opinion. Okay, I'm gonna say the Bills and say the Bills and the Raiders, and then in the NFC, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say the yeah, Packers and Niners, and then who goes? I think.
Speaker 3: The Raiders and Packers go, and then the Raiders win the Super Bowl? All right, So I think happens this year?
Speaker 2: Two?
Speaker 1: All right, who's uh let's transition as fast as possible.
Speaker 2: Who's uh so? Uh so? Who's our guest this week?
Speaker 4: The Killer?
Speaker 1: I that's a yeah, yeah, what's up? Is there anything you want to say before we just shut that down?
Speaker 2: No? I think I think I think the Boys are going to catch themselves a playoff win this year.
Speaker 3: Look, at the end of the day, I just told you who I want to be in the championship game.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm caping you guys.
Speaker 1: Who do you want to win that AFC Championship game out of you and the Raiders?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's just where I fall back and let the chips fall where they may. Because look, that's like you, that's like you asking me who's gonna win the college football Who's gonna win the national title this year? Like I'm not gonna say the fucking Nebraska Cornhuskers.
Speaker 2: I want them to win.
Speaker 3: You know where my heart is, Like you know, I live and die by them boys, just like I live and die by you guys, Like I'm not this.
Speaker 2: Is this is this is bulletin bor material. This is fuel for you guys.
Speaker 1: Well, do you think Rabel's really thinking to himself, busting with the boys is gonna be both born material friends?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Why would he not? Oh? Will was really talking shit? You really don't think I got it like that? He said, I got it like that like Rabels want to go out there.
Speaker 1: Well fuck that that went exactly how I expected it to go. This week, another piece of Fomo for the Boy. I feel like that's my slogan for busting with the boys this season is Fomo Layer the cable guy blue Collar comedy Tour. An amazing comedian. You were in Nebraska, you uh interviewed him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was incredible. It was everything you thought it.
Speaker 1: Would be without going into the subjects of the podcast everyone was about to watch. Just give me the vibe on the boy.
Speaker 3: Without going into the subjects. I mean, I can cover with the subjects. I can touch them, right, I just touch. So it was kind of one of those things where we were setting up the tailgate before a little bit before I'm scrambling trying to figure out, all right, we won him for twenty to thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Probably it ended up going like what fifty Gotta love that, Gotta love that. Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 3: But we were thinking about okay because we wanted to be at the at the tailgate for the Unity Walk and we only had like a certain amount of time. So there's a little bit of that, like frantic living.
Speaker 2: Inside of me. I'm like, all right, how am I going to handle this?
Speaker 3: I can end up with the rollback question that we asked at the end that brought to you guys by there Lavan, But the vibe on Larry the Cable Guy or Dan Whitney as he wanted to be called during the episode, it was everything you wanted, bro.
Speaker 2: It was like he's talking blue collar comedy tour.
Speaker 3: He's telling stories about back in the blue collar comedy tour days.
Speaker 2: I asked him, if there's a.
Speaker 3: Chance of us seeing the blue collar comedy tour happen again, I will let you guys listen.
Speaker 2: I can tell you have to. Are you gonna listen to the episode? I'm gonna episode because you're a Tier one?
Speaker 1: Well, I can't be. I can't be a tier one. I feel like to be a Tier one you had to be like fans and I'm your friend.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you're my friend? Like this is your well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that's our podcast. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's like I feel like I can be a fan, I'm your friend. Yeah. So but it was it was.
Speaker 3: Legitimately like everything you'd want, bro, Like you're sitting around and he got into so many stories like how Larry the Cable Guys, Oh, Larry the Cable Guys started because again, it throws you off when that's not his real accent, but you learn about his like his like humble beginnings in comedy, that he was getting known more for impersonations than he was his actual stand up comedy. Not that he thought it was bad. He's like you, just I just ended up learning along the way people would be. You know you guys will listened to it. In the episode we talk about how people are just yelling we want Larry the cable guy, and he would have to just he just leaned into this character throughout the rest of throughout the rest of his career.
Speaker 2: But it was awesome.
Speaker 3: And then he talked about what else, But yeah, he was a massive Raiders fan. Matter of fact, he continued to like want to tell extra stories about his Raiders fandom because he would like make old like the team from the nineteen seventy six Super Bowl, how he was making them laugh and it was just like his favorite moment of all time. He talked about how he's selling out stadiums with a blue collar comedy tour. It was cool man. Then he obviously you're with your question. He rates the comedy tour. Guys give some nice little stories on each one of them.
Speaker 2: But it was good. It was really cool. We were going to get into his car's roll.
Speaker 3: Broke some dude's fucking arm ex military, ex military arm wrestling added Nebraska game right open his suite. Dude wanted to arm wrestling, breaks this motherfucker's arm. So he talks about the story like with.
Speaker 1: That, Oh wow, I can't wait to listen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the vibes were up. Lay Larry Dan. He's a cool dude. He's awesome.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: That fires me up.
Speaker 3: And he's like anytime you guys come out like like, let me know, I'll hook it up. Telling him like when he comes to Nashville. I was like, I know the boy, Like, I know Taylor want to be a part of this, so you have to. We want you to come on the bus. That fires me up because he gave us a massive shout out. He did the Big ten tailgate before and all the Big ten media people were like, oh, what are you going after this? He said, I'm gonna go do this podcast, Busting with the Boys. Oh you're going on Busting.
Speaker 2: With the Boys. Oh Big ten Network. Yeah, they're talking.
Speaker 3: About how they're like, oh them boys are doing it. Big like it's blowing up. Yeada, YadA YadA. Oh wow, So he's like congratulat now it's on something obviously massive that we've made.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not only is the Big Ten the best conference in the NCAA, but it's also the best community.
Speaker 3: Seems like, Yeah, dude, when we were when we were getting lunch, when we were getting lunch, bro, the Big Ten network they were doing like a uh like a burger yeah, in the Big Ten, and they were at the same restaurant that we were at. So they came over and did like a collaboration like we were in whatever they're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had to id act a little bit, did you. Yeah, getting ready for the movie? How to go get ready for the movie? Oh ay, easy, eas easy, easy, rid.
Speaker 1: By Cameron Dotty Ease, whoa whoa, whoa whoa Tyler boyd Yeah, Taylor Board, Taylor Board.
Speaker 3: Well, considering like the Big Ten shout out Larry the Cable Guy, and then also Joe Rogan trying to deeplatform us.
Speaker 2: Have you not heard about that?
Speaker 1: No, I'm off social media.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, JP, grab the mic essentially, however you want to chime in JP. But so you know how we had the Aaron Rodgers episode last Tuesday. Yes, we dropped that episode, had it in the bag for probably a month long.
Speaker 2: Everybody knew we were dropping it.
Speaker 3: Joe specifically, Joe turns around and drops this Aaron Rodgers podcast a few days before our wow purpose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, trying to take her off.
Speaker 7: He might have dropped the eyes of Mooji's when he tweeted about it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so I did a little video talking about Joe Rogan and the beef with busts with the boys, and so we you know, it's kind of like like the whole like let byguns be bygones. He's acting like he's not paying attention to us, seeing us from afar, and we kind of let the week. The week gets away from us, we get to Nebraska, we're not even thinking about Rogan. So come around to this episode we just dropped today. You guys, listen. Now it's Thursday. We're recording this on Tuesday, the pod with Vida Vey and Levonte David. It doesn't go up on.
Speaker 2: Spotify, but it goes up everywhere else. But it goes up everywhere else.
Speaker 3: Oh no, and what do you know, Joe Rogan behind the whole thing, not wanting us to like apparently.
Speaker 2: Sounds like Joe's doing everything he's against.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is like in his circle, he lifts up all of his guys. But apparently, now I don't know if this is factual, that's just what I'm hearing. Our podcast is like coming up on his a little bit, and so he kind of wants to like.
Speaker 2: It feels a little bit of pressure. Yeah, yea, yea, yeah, I get it. He's trying to suppress us a little bit, get our attention. It's understandable. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean if he's at the top of the mountain for so long and then he sees a couple of young cats ThunderCats, ThunderCats, great TV show by the way, Yeah, yeah, a couple of guys coming up the ranks. I'm sure it hurts I'm sure hurts him a little bit.
Speaker 2: JP thinks he's trying to just get us on his podcast. Do you think so that's the ultimate play? Because why else would you do this? Yeah, because he's not going to get your attention any other way.
Speaker 1: So you're thinking he's going to try to silence us enough where we say, okay, Joe, we'll come.
Speaker 2: On, right.
Speaker 3: I think it's a genius move because it ultimately creates the biggest beef the podcasting game.
Speaker 2: Has ever seen, ever seen.
Speaker 3: And then if we're deplatformed, we then go on his show, does record numbers, and then we'll probably back after that.
Speaker 2: There's really no holding us back, if that is right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we go on Rogan, then he has no choice but to let us come back to Spotify.
Speaker 3: So I agree, And I think Joe's just got the wrong impression of us, because I think he'd like us.
Speaker 1: I think I think he's afraid of what he can't see. He doesn't know us, so there's no way for him to really like, dislike or liked us based on what we put out there.
Speaker 2: Which is surprising given that he's usually not scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's scared A tough word to hear, because you want, you don't want to ego to flare up with Joe, but there's kind of I can't find a better word, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, fear is not usually a factor with Joe Rogan.
Speaker 1: No, which is a great play too, because the all the show if you're fan, that was actually outstanding.
Speaker 2: That clicked in my head.
Speaker 3: I was hoping, I can't I thought of the fear thing first, but I couldn't, so I just said scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but man, so Joe, Joe's trying to take down bustle with the boys. That's what we're getting out of this. What a way to do this intro. I really didn't think we were gonna get down this. Yeah, well did I know some guy? A reason why we started a podcast because of our love for the Joe Rogan podcast. Hey, when your hear is become your enemies, here we are.
Speaker 2: When your idols become your rivals. That's tough, man. Oh shout out, no free shout out of the week. Let's go it time.
Speaker 1: Garrett is Uh, Garrett, We were ready to start this podcast, and Garrett goes, you guys go ahead. I'm gonna count this merch. So that's the big play he put on us today. Uh, he's coming in the boys? Is the boy coming?
Speaker 2: We go count this merch? Baby, I'm gonna go count this merch. Doggy.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're in a meeting with who He's counting the merch, dude, merut just counting that merch out. Gonna be plenty of merch at the tailgate this week. Plenty of merch what if we sell out? Are we doing something nice.
Speaker 2: And pletha of merchandise.
Speaker 1: We're doing something special. Yeah, a date with playoff Willie only, dude only, and they gotta take him somewhere nice too. None of that Applebe's bullshit, although shout out apple Bee's its actually a male I was talking about. I was talking about like a steakhouse or something.
Speaker 2: But yeah, last chilies or Applebee's.
Speaker 1: Apple appetizer trio can miss. Yes, sir, fucking miss dude.
Speaker 2: We interrupt this episode to shut out Ridgewalllet no free shoutouts. Boys.
Speaker 3: Ridge Wallet is an ultraslim minimalist wallet. It holds up to twelve cards, plus room for cash. There's over thirty colors and styles, including carbon fiber and burnt titanium. The durable material means each wallet comes with a lifetime warranty. The Ridge team is so confident that you'll like it that they'll let you test drive it for forty five days. You can even send it back for a full refund if you don't love it. So if you're thinking about I might use the wall for forty five days and you just send it back and get it for free. They're betting that you're gonna love it so much that you won't want to send it back. It's made with our FID blocking technology that protects you from digital pickpocketers. Check out their site Ridge dot com and use code busting for ten percent off your order, and with every dollar spent on the website before September thirtieth, you will be entered to win a brand new, upgraded Ford Bronco or seventy five thousand dollars if you prefer cash. And if you're listening to this episode, you already know that you're gonna take that seventy five large because we don't mess with the f words. Ridge dot com code busting for ten percent off. Back to the episode, Well, Garrett is now counting the future bag and merch, so we will start it without him.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to our favorite segment of the week. Now we're doing two at a time because we are doing two podcasts a week. Is this is the last week we're doing that. This is the last week, so the last time you're gonna be able to indulge in shout out and shout Out of the week. As always where starring with him, We miles.
Speaker 2: We'll just call him him. What you got, dude?
Speaker 1: What you got?
Speaker 5: This week goes to a feature that was introduced to the iPhone.
Speaker 1: And get more confident. You can tell what he started talking. You can job seriously, all right?
Speaker 5: This feature was introduced in twenty fourteen. It has saved my life thousands of times, but more more importantly, it saved it today. When I was on my way to the bus, I realized. I looked at my tank. It was on E and I was like, man, how am I gonna make it on E? I looked at the little gage it said low on fuel. You know, you don't even have anything left more than probably five miles before things actually had. So I went looked in my back pocket, didn't fill my wallet. I was like, damn, I forgot my wallet.
Speaker 1: That's a hard feeling. What a lot of anxiety in that.
Speaker 4: I realized I had Apple Pay on my phone. Wow.
Speaker 2: I pulled into the gas station.
Speaker 5: That was one I went into the gas station, not all of them except Apple Pay, but this one specifically did and it saved my ass and I was able to make it here. So my shout out, no free shout out goes to Apple Bay.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, No, you do want to stay.
Speaker 1: The gas station or do you want to leave that up? No free shoutouts, no free shows in the gas station.
Speaker 2: There you go, boss.
Speaker 1: He can tell he's really getting more confident. Yeah, he can tell. And I don't know, he didn't even clear his through he did, you know, Yeah he did. Gonna be deep Samuel for his WEEKI just for just being him, all right. Next is the man with the fattest chane on this bus right now. I'm pretty sure it costs forty three dollars and he bought it a kias kuit the ball and my man is looking fresh to death, a myth milf milf milf hunter himself, Jack mckerson.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: So my shout out, no free shout out goes to trips with the boys. Obviously we just had one in Nebraska. But more specifically for me, we're going to a bachelor party this weekend, So shout out to my boy Bobby Bell. He's getting married here in about three weeks. We're heading out to Zone now, we're going to Scottsdale and we're you know, we're gonna get after it. You know, some questionable decisions will be made hopefully no one gets arrested, no major injuries. But we've got a solid airbnb. We're playing in a really nice golf course Thursday. Maybe a little surprise here and there for my boy, but you know, can't let that out right now.
Speaker 4: We got to wait.
Speaker 2: Well, we might.
Speaker 1: Recap next week.
Speaker 6: But yeah, shout out to my boy Bobby, and shout out no free, shout out to Trips with the Boys. This bachelor party, it's gonna be electric. We got ten of our best friends there flying out Thursday morning. Couldn't be more excited. So and y'all know the camaraderie, the energy, especially that first day of the trip when you're just there and it's like there's no end insight. You know, we might be here forever, who really knows, And then the harsh reality sets in about a day later, but you don't think about that. All you think about is the night ahead, the good drinks, the good times, the good vibe. So shout out no free, shout out to trips with the boys and my boy Bobby.
Speaker 1: Bell, Bobby Bell, dude, fucking shout out Bobby Bell. And also have as much fun as possible, Bobby, because statistically it's a coin flip if you're gonna make it or not, Buddy, So just soak that shit in and really get after it, Bud. Hope you have a great time. Scottsdale. What a place to have a bachelor party. What an absolute place of Scottsdale.
Speaker 3: We've got to be ready for next year, the Super Bowl being there with waste management all that going on that week.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's where it is this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Scottsdale, same week of the waste management tournament.
Speaker 1: And I like to have a little pause. My last game in high school was at Cardinal Stadium, by championship. My last game in college was in Arizona.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl. Hold on, yeah, yeah, for.
Speaker 1: The stars are aligning?
Speaker 2: Did it could? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: JP.
Speaker 1: Let's see what you got by, let's.
Speaker 2: See what you got mine?
Speaker 7: Similar to jack uh is when you be My shoutout, no free shoutout goes to when you become boys with your boys.
Speaker 2: Boy oh and you know you.
Speaker 7: Like who It made me think of it, not that we became boys, but Audie is like super cool and you felt like I was clicking with him or whatever, and then it just made me think of some of my college friends. When I went to visit them in college, I'd heard about all their friends and then you get up there and you meet them and they're all super dope and you become boys, your boys.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a beautiful shadow.
Speaker 2: No free shoutout.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 3: My shout out, no free shout out goes to when you know you're about to fuck up a tasty meal. Yes, I said that, brother, When you know you're a little.
Speaker 2: Hungry, Yes, I said that, brother.
Speaker 3: You know when you're a little hungry, and whether you whether you're ordering out, going to a restaurant and you got that little starvation going on and you order whatever's on the menu, or you know, uh, the Uber eats or Postmates. I'm not giving any free shoutouts to them, but Uber Eats or Postmates.
Speaker 2: They're giving you.
Speaker 3: They're bringing over that tasty meal that you ordered that you just can't wait to fuck up, and that vibe when they drop it off and it's finally time to go, It's finally time to.
Speaker 2: Get after it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But get them cheeks, Yeah, get after them cheeks, and you know you open the bag. Or again, if you're at a restaurant that coming down and you've been. I'm salivating right now talking about it. I need to take a swallow. But that is my shot, I know, for shot out of the week. The vibe and mindset of knowing you're gonna fuck up a tasty meal.
Speaker 2: You're gonna eat that thing clean. Yeah, you're looking the bowl. It's not gonna stand a chance. Huh, no chance, no, dude. Then you're looking at your left and right, Hey, a, you're gonna finish that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and you're taking off you're taking extra bie some of the people's meal.
Speaker 3: Right right right to the point to where after the meal's over, you're kind of like, fuck, what I do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But not then, Yeah, not the vibe you're talking about right now.
Speaker 3: When we are at Lead Bellies, we know all that stuff is coming out with the burgers, the appetizers, those Philly spring rolls now, and we were hungry going into that meals were hungry. It's like when you're sitting there and you're kind of like boys were hungry. Yeah, boys were hungry, and the boys were hungry.
Speaker 2: Will just go silent and you just hear breathing. He does breathe weird when he eats.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 2: He's a hungry boy.
Speaker 1: Here's no question about it, dude, no question. I love that that's your shout out, no free shot out of the week, because mine is a little different.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: My shout out no free shot of the Week is a twist of emotions. You're at an event, a catered event, and you see a couple of sandwiches out there, a couple of sand doos, and you go over. You're excited. Maybe there's a couple extra topics on there. Maybe you make it yourself type yala. Unfortunately it's not. It's just bread and turkey and cheese or whatever. It's super bland and there's really nothing you can do about it other than you look to your right and at the end of the table, what do you see. No, the best possible It was the best possible thing you can put on your sandwich. And we can be at any age we learn this. You can be a five year old what your dad doing. Maybe you're a teenager and you see one of your friends doing and you think to yourself, what a fucking blessing. It's potato chips. When you take those potato chips and you put it on your sandwich, put a little crunch in your lunch, changing that bland sandwich and with a little more texture. I think that you can't beat that. My shoutout off, your shout out of the week is when you find those potato chips you put it on your sandwich.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: Thanks one.
Speaker 2: Uh, what blusto should we tell him?
Speaker 6: The boss is concerned because that was a similar shout at one point. I don't even think you were here. I shout it out that in a way, but it was when you're on the beach and you have chips on a sandwich, which is a totally different atmosphere.
Speaker 1: You're talking about different but like, yeah, if he's not here, then he doesn't know, he don't know, he doesn't know any better with it. By the way, I said, you brought it up, shout out beach fives.
Speaker 2: Dude, you can't. He needs to beat five.
Speaker 1: Let's go, dude, fucking love beach fives.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Hey, A lot of a lot of stuff we just unpacked here. The number one thing that's really on my heart right now is the Joe Rogan thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't believe you didn't even hear the rumors of that well, you know, I thought it was like kind.
Speaker 1: Of the talk of I don't watch the news and I'm not on social media, so there's no way for me to really know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but all the boys in the locker room, like I know they saw it.
Speaker 1: They're probably mumbling. There's a lot of guys mumbling when I would walk by today, and that's probably what they were talking about.
Speaker 2: He's probably upset, Yeah, that type of thing.
Speaker 4: So well.
Speaker 2: Oh, I had one question.
Speaker 3: If you were on the Indianapolis Colts and sitting drafting with the boys on the old line, Quinn Nelson's there, Jonathan Taylor's there, and you had the second overall pick, who are you taking, Derek, No, You're taking Jonathan Taylor because that's how you are.
Speaker 2: There from the rafters. Ay Man, you got you got the you got the blind loyalty to the boys.
Speaker 1: Listen, there's something you do in fantasy when you're in the NFL, will, and that's fucking bet on your boys, dude.
Speaker 2: And that's what I'm doing now with money.
Speaker 1: Three Kelvin Ridley free Calvin Ridley, not with money, fucking debt with the boys, dude.
Speaker 2: And I'm on the Dereck Henry Train. Let's go kind of weird you to throw that NFL coming at me.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was just saying a statement. I had nothing to do with you if you took it that way of chance between more between you and you.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, I think you just said when you're in the NFL and looked at me. Well, I'm talking to you. Yeah, but why can admit as you know being in the NFL.
Speaker 1: It could have been a lot of things, but that's not how I said it. Should we get into the Larry the Cable Guy episode. I think it's time to get into Larry the Cable Guy episode.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: After this ad, Will is about to read, what do we got right there? Oh, we interrupt this episode.
Speaker 2: There's no force, We're still in it. We interrupt this episode. Bring you Georgia Boot Georgia more good.
Speaker 3: Looking, super comfortable boots, so comfortable you never want to take them off. These boots hold up in any condition without sacrificing comfort or style. It has the comfort technology of Antho Lenoxhe packed into a great looking boot. Whether you're working on your feet all day, playing fantasy football, working around the house, grown out with the Boys or grown out with your boys. Boys these bootstell sacrifice, comfort or style. Head over to georgiaboot dot com use code busting b U, S S I N for twenty percent off. A generous twenty percent off from the boys to you. That's georgiaboot dot com. Use code busting for twenty percent off. Enjoy this episode with Larry the Cable Guys.
Speaker 1: A quick little note though, got a little text Jack Carlowhi, come on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Really, I'm just saying, enjoy this episode. Let's figure this out.
Speaker 3: So there's there's zero formality to starting the pod. Matter of fact, I think we're going right now. Oh we start only we called that back half.
Speaker 4: To I mean, I can tell the story again if you want to?
Speaker 3: Should he or do you feel like we got it all right? So we just learned that A first off, what do you prefer?
Speaker 2: Name wise? You know what? Listen, you might say it doesn't matter, but what do you prefer?
Speaker 4: I'm doing this.
Speaker 2: Dan's perfectly good for this. Okay.
Speaker 9: I was Tellbry Larry the Cable Guy, uh makes good money and I spend it.
Speaker 4: And uh so it's not a big deal.
Speaker 2: But we just learned about Dan that you're a big Raiders fan.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I grew up a Raider fan ever since I was five years old. And uh back when Darryl la Monica.
Speaker 4: Uh and uh so.
Speaker 9: That I did my One of my favorite shows I ever did in my entire life was h I did this show in California, Big Empathy or Outdoor, great Scenior. That it's not there anymore. It's an unbelievable uh venue. So I get there and I didn't play golf. Then hated golf. As matter of fact, at that time, I didn't play golf. They kept asking me if I want to go to the Pairings party, and I said, I don't go to par I don't even know what it is. I'm not going to Paris party. And then about two hours before showtime, I said, I just want to go hang out backstage, go over some jokes. Look at the senior. It's really pretty. She comes to get us. She goes, you should have went to the parents party. They were asking about you. I go, what is a parents party? And she told me what a parents party was, and she goes, but this is what you're here for. We always hire an act for our golf tournament, and it always revolves around an NFL team generally, and this year we're celebrating the world champion. In nineteen seventy six, Oakland Raiders and I my pants and I remember walking in. I saw a Raider helmet in the gift shop and I was like, hey, got rad right away. I looked at my too, manager, I said, go buy that Raider helmet right now. I got Kenny Stavers' autograph, so I don't need his, but asked who was there, and they go, well, you're in luck.
Speaker 4: Everybody but Kenny Stable.
Speaker 9: I said, I'm getting Freddy Bullett in the cough a steaking helmet, And sure enough I did the show and start right there in the front row, Cliff Branch, Freddy Bullet in the cough. They're doubled over, Freddy Blittancoff wiping his eyes. I'm like, and all I can think about on stage is, man, I'm making pretty blittan the cuff laugh here.
Speaker 4: I was a little kid. This is crazy.
Speaker 9: Then after the show was over, came backstage and hung out, and I mean, Ray Guy, all those guys, Marv Hubbard, all those guys, you drink them under the table.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 9: You know I didn't, I'd be honesome. I'm not a big drinker. Really, I'm not a big drinker. My only vice is in life for tobacco. So I like a good cigar every night, and I enjoy a nice bar podcaon man, I enjoy a nice chew. A matter of fact, last night, I used to chew leave I Garrett, but now I chew a Redman.
Speaker 4: Now it's called America's Best, but.
Speaker 9: Which is funny because they because you gotta be politically correct, I can't call it redman, of course, even though it was really funny. One time I was a in a casino up in Minnesota and I'm chewing, and I love all those guys. The main guy, the chief, he was there with the olders, and he goes, hey, give me a redman.
Speaker 4: It was awesome.
Speaker 2: Did you end up getting all the autographs? Oh? Man, I love them.
Speaker 9: I love working those because you know, they're freaking They're good to me. Man, I love them.
Speaker 4: So anyway, listen, so what was I saying?
Speaker 9: Oh, so, Ray guy, is that what I was talking about? I can't er you were a raider man flipping awesome.
Speaker 2: I know that's that's probably why we lost in the playoffs last Year's got me right before the.
Speaker 9: Play I wrote a letter. I wrote them a letter. I even, yeah, I even used bunghole in it.
Speaker 2: So are you are you hang on? Now?
Speaker 10: Are you more of a Raider fan than a Husker fan? No, I'll never be a bigger Look. I am a huge Raider fan. Now I am a huge Rader fan. But I'll tell you. I'll tell you the problem.
Speaker 9: I married my wife from Wisconsin, and uh, I know my wife some Wisconsin huge Packer fan. I gotta tell you, I rooted for the Packers as well. I root for the Packers as well, especially when they had Brett Farv because I'm watching ESPN one day, right when my career started just taking off, and Brett Farv is doing an interview on ESPN at at spring training at their spring games, and he's wearing a Larry the Cable Guy get Her Done t shirt, and she asked, what is the Getter Done thing? He goes, well, if you're not a fan of Larry of the Cable Guy, then I guess you're not in the club. And right then I go, I gotta I gotta be packing. My wife is from Wisconsin and now I got Brett Favre doing this. I mean, this is crazy, but I kinda later on in life because I'm an Oakland Raider fan. Then they moved to LA, but they still had the guys that plunk it.
Speaker 4: I didn't like it La Vaiders, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, Come on Oakland Raiders, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, but I still fan and went Super Bowl. I was stoked.
Speaker 9: And then of course I moved f when I was fifteen, sixteen years old. Well, certain places where I lived, you get shot wearing.
Speaker 2: A Raider gear. You know, you get shot wearing Raider jersey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, well, you know, so I'm like crap.
Speaker 9: And then they lost their to me after how we long left and all those they kind of lost their mystiqueer when they got Jay Schrader. Oh my gosh, nobody could suck worse than Jay Schrader.
Speaker 4: And then they just started sucking.
Speaker 9: So mixed between Jay Schrader sucking then me not wanting to get shot, I kind of wavered a little. I said, you know what, I'm in Florida now and I live right by Tampa Bay. I'm a root for the Buccaneers. Then Jacksonville started up a team.
Speaker 4: I go, you know what, they're just up the road.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna root for Jacksonville, but deep down in every Sunday, keep an eye on the Raider.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I chested, man, I love the Raiders.
Speaker 9: And then I met you know, uh, I met a bunch of the guys playing out at uh the in Tahoe, you know, and oh.
Speaker 2: This past year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, Derek ye wasna Sarek. Dude, he's awest great. So, yeah, have you been to the new stadium in Vegas? I haven't been, Bro, You've got to go. I know, I heard its flipping awesome, so I've seen it.
Speaker 4: I want to go. And I will say it has a good ring to it.
Speaker 9: Now, Las Vegas Raiders, that sounds good, and the LA Raiders did not sound good.
Speaker 2: You weren't a fan of the l A Raiders. Come on and like the Las Vegas Raiders.
Speaker 3: They got like the like the Death Star. They got that sleek black look all over the stadium. Dude, it's like it's the coolest environment.
Speaker 9: Last year when I, uh, I heard you go to the games automatically you're speaking Spanish.
Speaker 2: But dude, it's incredible.
Speaker 3: You're coming a halftime that Little John was performing like there was basically like a club going on.
Speaker 2: It's insane.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a good club to being. I like being a Raider fan. Uh but yeah, that stadium is outrageous, dude. Yeah, yeah, I mean it's incredible. Let's talk about your Husker fandom. Have you been this last decade?
Speaker 4: Can I just say when we're thinking about the Raider?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, fucking go ahead, man.
Speaker 9: And I literally made an ESPN films doing this. They were talking about the top fifty greatest teams of all time. Yeah, and I got to tell my story. But it's my favorite NFL films of all time is when they're talking about the nineteen seventy six Pittsburgh Steelers and the guy comes on Facinda, you know, and the Pittsburg Steelers by rolling through the Great Plains like you know, I got the thing, and then all of a sudden, the music stops and then you hear this their music.
Speaker 4: And he goes and then came.
Speaker 9: The Oakland Raiders and it pans up from their socks all the way after the pants.
Speaker 4: It's got John Matousic just pointing at this guy. Oh dude, nothing fires me up like that Dago thing.
Speaker 2: I love it. Brother.
Speaker 3: Details that reminds me like Burt Kreischer when he's sitting on here telling like very details.
Speaker 2: You can see the picture.
Speaker 4: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 9: I loved to my wife on her honeymoon with that, with that, with John Fasunda talking about the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Honeymoon.
Speaker 9: I actually called myself. I said, hold on, honey, here it comes a little Howie, Howie Long.
Speaker 3: It goes a little how Long. He's shy right now, but he'll burk up here in a second.
Speaker 2: How is awesome? I met Howie?
Speaker 4: He was great. I did something well, how it me and Howie and Terry Bradshaw.
Speaker 2: That's a crew right there.
Speaker 4: I did how it was tough guys with him? It was fun man.
Speaker 2: What was the tough guys? What'd you have to do? Oh?
Speaker 4: He was just doing his top ten tough guys in the NFL, and I was their guest, and I did the whole show with him.
Speaker 9: Funny thing about that, and then I'll I'll talk about other stuff. I just I always think of he used to goofy things. It was really funny because right when I started getting coming up through the ranks, Fox were these one of my best friends in the whole world, and Fox were the big star.
Speaker 2: Before I even got to that part.
Speaker 9: I was just like, man, this guy, my buddy. I can't believe he's getting one day's phone rings. This is when you know you're a big star. Jeff's phone rings. I look down Terry Bradshaw and I go, holy crap. I go, Jeff, You're getting a call from Terry Bradshaw. He goes, ugh, yeah, let it go call back.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, knowing, what do you mean You're not gonna talk to Terry Bradshaw.
Speaker 9: He goes like, can't get him off the phony here, shuts up. He goes, I love it, but I got stuff to do. And I'm like, just big dog crazy. Then I met Terry Bradshaw.
Speaker 4: I get a phone call about two months later from Terry Bradshaw and I literally looked at the phone.
Speaker 3: I'll dude, Terry Bradshaw. We did this what was it called assault? Yeah, the Celebrity Softball game and Terry Bradshaw was our coach. This was last year he was the coach of our team. He got so hammered he he fell over right and an ambulance and yeah, I started bleeding and the ambulance had to come.
Speaker 2: An ambulance had to come and take it to the hospital. He was so he like smacked me on the ass.
Speaker 3: After I got the third base, I was like, oh shit, my dad's gonna be so hyped at Terry Bradshaw just spanked me on the ass. And he gets so hammered that he tips over, cracks his head and he has to go to the hospital.
Speaker 4: I think, oh, my gosh, reminds me of a comic.
Speaker 9: Oh, he's from Minnesota, big old fat guy, super super.
Speaker 4: Unhelped Allie Joe prayed it right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and.
Speaker 9: He uh on stage one time he gets a nosebleed. He's hammered. He gets a nosebleed and he can't move. He's sitting on the set behind the stage, on the behind the curtain because he couldn't walk. He's so fat, he couldn't walk up. So you could hear him breathing. If you were on stage, in fact, you'd be telling your jokes and you just hear like, right and so seriously. So he goes out on stage and he's sitting on the stool. He's telling jokes.
Speaker 2: He was hilarious.
Speaker 4: He's killing.
Speaker 2: He wipes his nose.
Speaker 9: He's got a white shirt on, he wipes his nose, He's got blood all over his sleep and some girl in the front goes h gross and he goes strong, Honey, don't you know how to party on a Saturday?
Speaker 2: I mean, who are some of the fair people? Like you've toured around to travel with?
Speaker 3: Oh man, so many if you like, think to yourself, what are a few trips you wish you could go back on and repeat? Oh?
Speaker 9: Well, you know, for me, the memories of blue collar God, that was just the most amazing time of our lives. I mean, we're doing twelve thousand, thirteen thousand, fourteen thousand people at night, eight thousand it is insane, and you'd show up. And I mean then if like sometimes you had to do three days, like we were working too, we had our own stuff. So we'd have a show like on a Thursday night at an arena, then Friday night we did our own thing, then Saturday night, Sunday night we're back together, and then one of us that have something on a Monday.
Speaker 4: You know, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So every down there, there'd be a weekend when we'd fly in do the show, and then we had to leave because we all got to get to the next gig.
Speaker 4: We go to the airport, there's four private jets lines. We're all getting on our own jet and taking off to the next gig.
Speaker 2: Dude, it was a dream come true.
Speaker 9: Is something that I'll never ever get those memories out of my head, you know. And now I'm like an old country singer. Now I'm like that old country singer that had, you know, twenty four number ones. And now the years have gone by and you're still selling good tickets, but you're not doing twelve thousand a night. You know, you're doing twenty seven hundred. So you know it's which is still awesome. You know, that's still awesome. But you see these younger like Chrysier. I love Chryscher. Bird's a buddy mine, but God bless him. I tell them all the time, Man, enjoy buddy, it is the most amazing experience of your lifetime. And so if I could go back in time and recruit, it would just be hanging out with those guys and doing that stuff. It was so funn And then when I toured on my own, I took two opening knocks just because it was something fun to do, and there both buddies of mine. But we would It would be me and my wife and kids on one bus and then at least another bus from a crew. So I had six guys on that crew to opening an axe, t shirt guy represented from the booking agency, a video guy to keep track of every the tour manager, and then we bought a tractor trailer. I took a tractor trailer with a gym in it, and so we would show up grinders. Yeah, we would show up.
Speaker 2: Well, we did. We actually work out absolutely.
Speaker 4: I took my buddy Dave with me as a trainer.
Speaker 9: If I didn't take Dave, I didn't lose any weight, but I ain't gain anyway, let's put it that way.
Speaker 4: I didn't lose, but I didn't gain. That was the purpose of him. But we'd show up.
Speaker 9: We would do three months on ten days off, three months on ten days off, three months on ten days off. Back when I was touring like crazy, so you're you're talking now from two thousand and three, two thousand and three to two thousand and eleven until I got the History Channel show. That's when I kind of stayed off the road. A little bit. But we show up at these arenas in the middle of the night. We get in in the morning at six o'clock. We'd be sleeping. They'd set it up. They'd put the trailer there, they put the buses at an L shape. They'd put this and nobody can see in there.
Speaker 4: They'd going.
Speaker 9: If it was summer or fall, they'd go in and get all the furniture from the green room.
Speaker 4: They'd bring it outside.
Speaker 9: We'd set a living room up outside, put up a basketball goal, and we spent all day watching sports on the TVs, sitting in the couch, ordered food, had just hung out all day. And then if it was football season, they'd come out. We'd be watching a game and the door of the arena would open up and some guy would.
Speaker 4: Yell, hellarry five minutes. I'd be like, all right, I'd get up. I'd run in. I'm walking in.
Speaker 9: He's wrapping Reno or Josh would be wrapping up, introduced me. I'd run on stage, do my show, say good night, walk down the steps, pop a depe in in, walk outside, walk straight to the couch, sit unfinished, watching again.
Speaker 4: Did any the greatest thing of all time?
Speaker 2: I loved it? It was so much fun.
Speaker 3: It's fucking awesome here and you talk about because I just remember like being a kid traveling in the in the summertime, like baseball tournaments and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Uh, National Traveling Baseball Team. No big deal. Just I hit the four slot too, so I was pretty good.
Speaker 3: But dude, we would like for me and the boys would get in the car and we would have our mom play the Blue Collar Comedy Tour when we had already listened to it on the way to the game, right, and like, you know, that's back when it's like CDs and you're trying to pop tapes in and shit like that. But it's just fucking cool hearing you talk about it because when I'm a kid, I just remember being a kid, hey, throwing the Blue Collar Comedy Tour like all the boys that want to do, and we'd be listening to it in between games.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, it was fun.
Speaker 1: This episode, they're bringing your scrops. I can see what I'm talking about here, go currency dot com.
Speaker 2: Getting Let's go, dude, let's go.
Speaker 9: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's go getting financity for BA ticket items like construction equipment, farm machinery, trucks and trailers can be a complicated and time consuming process, but that isn't the case with currency. Currency specializes in finding the best possible rates and terms for all kinds of equipment without all the hassle. With currency, customers can get loans for up to five hundred thousand dollars with little or no money down and terms up to seventy two months. Currency can also help you here, I am having the wall.
Speaker 2: I'm in the wall.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna keep going. I'm gonna keep going. I'm hearing. Currency can also get you finance. Wait, help you finance expensive items like newer used motor homes. He we r these riding on mars and utility vehicles.
Speaker 2: Dude. It's quick, secure and free to use.
Speaker 1: Currency is equipment financing made simple. Scroll down, dude, scroll.
Speaker 2: Down so I can see it each What are we doing? Dude?
Speaker 1: Visit go currency dot com and find out what currency can do for you. My hands are sweating, but hey, that was outstanding.
Speaker 2: Boys. Let's go back to the episode Let's kill Let's go. Did you guys do that again? No?
Speaker 3: Like if I said there, could you guys be like fucking that rock band who goes back out on tour. Who goes back out on tour and you guys fucking hit the cities again, one last two row for the boys.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 4: No, and you know and I'll tell you why, because it's a different world.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 9: That was that We just we just hit it the perfect time and it's one of those things. We were all top of our game and we were just so excited and it was fun and it's just man, that's something that we thought about doing it again. But here's what you don't want. When you have something that that was that cool, you know, I mean still the top grossing tour of all time. Yeah, So when you have something that cool, you want to do it again just because it's fun. You want to get back together. But when you think about it, it's like you people are gonna come to it, and there's what you don't want. You don't want them to go.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that was good.
Speaker 2: That was good.
Speaker 4: But man, it wasn't like back in the day. Back in the day, those guys you don't want to Back in the day, you don't want them to go. It was funny, but man, back in the day, yeah, you don't want that. So you want to leave them with the memory.
Speaker 9: Oh wow, it's like me and the seventy six Raiders. You know, yeah, I always got that memory. You know, that's the team, that's that one team. You know that team ain't gonna play again. Yeah, that's my memory. So no, as much we love each other and we're all buddies, but everybody is doing so many different things. Great Jeff's guy had little grand kid now and he's not you know, I'm only doing I'm only wanting to do twenty two to twenty five shows a year or so, spend time with my family. So I think that that bird is fun. But it was sure fun when it lasted, it was sure a.
Speaker 3: Good Why don't you think like other comedians kind of try and use that blueprint?
Speaker 2: I feel like it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't happen, Like it hasn't really Like if I were to think of comedians, I'm like, oh, the standard would be blue collar comedy tour. It's like, hey, why don't you guys do like the blue collar comedy tour did, and you guys fucking tour around?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know what, here's the thing. It's like, it just has to catch. Magic has to happen, and it just and you don't plan it. It just, man, this wasn't playing.
Speaker 4: This is something. Let's give it a shot. Let's tour together, see what happens. And it hit.
Speaker 9: It was magic. Something happened. It just at the right time, we said, the right whatever. It just connected with people at a certain time of people's lives.
Speaker 4: So I don't think you can do that again.
Speaker 2: Now we did. This was funny.
Speaker 4: I go, you know, I play all these golf events, and so.
Speaker 9: Cedric the Entertainer's a buddy of mine, okay, and George Lopez is a buddy of mine.
Speaker 4: You know. I used to do the Lopez the show.
Speaker 9: And so we're golfing together one time, and we honestly thought about doing it. We thought it would be pretty funny, but then we just didn't pursue it. But we're golfing and George Lopez goes, man, hey Holmes, we're a tour together.
Speaker 2: How cool would this be? Us three tour together. We could call it.
Speaker 4: We could call it A black guy, a Mexican and a redneck walking a bark and we could tour with that title.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, going, dude, that's fine with me. I think it'd be awesome.
Speaker 11: But we never really pursued it, but I thought it was a good idea, you know, hilarious. Oh it'd be It's like it's like that type of like humor that is good for the world right now, Like you.
Speaker 9: Get absolutely that's the cool thing about comedians' we'll get them in trouble. They go out in the real world and they think the whole world is like a comedian, like they are, and has a sense of humor. But when you're in a green room with all ethnic necessities, ethnic ethnicities, when you're in a room with all the bare necessities. Now, when you're in a green room, I mean you got four black comics, you got three white comics, you got a Mexican comic, and you got three different religions represented.
Speaker 2: Were just it's like the locker room.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the jokes are flying and you're picking on each other and at the end of the day, your buddies, man, your buddies, and it's slow for it's all for the laugh of it. Yeah, And so I think that's what gets some communedians in trouble. Then they go out and they think the rest of the world is like they are, and they're not, And then they get in trouble because they say something they probably shouldn't said. Well wait a minute, but I don't find that, you know. Yeah, so I think that's what gets some people in trouble.
Speaker 2: I don't know how we got on that topic, but I think it was something with my traveling baseball team.
Speaker 3: I can't It must be right, dude, if you had to r if you had to be trans if you had to be transparent in rank all four of you on the blue Collar Comedy Tour?
Speaker 2: Who what's the order me?
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: I'm glad. I'm glad you did that.
Speaker 3: Usually people like, oh, I won't count me, I'll do me last, But I fucking love that, bro I number one.
Speaker 9: Uh no, in all honesty, look uh whenever. This is what made us six, I think pretty successful.
Speaker 2: We already know we're not getting rankings boys.
Speaker 9: No jealousy, no jealous see whatsoever. If Ron got some that we didn't get, it was good. It was like the Eagles, remember when they did that thing. It was good for the band, it was good for and it was it was good for the group. If Ron got some that I didn't get, hey, man, that's awesome because that only helps us out, you know, so everything that happened to each individual person was good for us as a whole.
Speaker 4: And we never were jealous. We never got into that, and it really helped the settle up.
Speaker 3: But if I had to labels, like if you're sitting there watching all you guys, we were all.
Speaker 9: Three, here's the thing. It's hard because we're all three different, very different. The thing that was cool about me when I came along, you know, they'd already done. I'm like the ringo star. Blue collar came along when they already did about ten of them, and they were looking for a replacement. It was originally Jeff in his opening act and billing his opening act, but Bill's opening act.
Speaker 4: They just didn't think he was blue collar enough.
Speaker 9: So I got the audition for that, which is a funny story which I'll tell you too, but so you can't really I was the one liner guy.
Speaker 4: I was completely different.
Speaker 9: So that's why the thing with the stools was awesome with me in there, because everybody had with storytellers, so you have to like go from one story to another and try and you know, thread them together. Well, with me up there, you didn't need to thread them together because somebody finished the.
Speaker 4: Story and that would trigger eight jokes. So I'd be like boom boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 9: Right, and everybody laughed, and then Ron would go, yeah, hey, you know what reminds me but you know, and it would lead him into one of his stories. So it was perfect thread. I was the perfect little thread to interject and tie things together. We were all unique, we all had something different. If I had to pick, who's the funniest, Obviously, one of my all time favorite comedians, and I say because he's my buddy, was Jeff. Jeff was a groundbreaker and for what he did, you know, as far as that kind of southern type comedy, and he opened a lot of doors. There was a lot of guys down there, but Jeff is the one that everybody knows about. And uh, but man, off stage hilarious. I tell him all the time, you're funny on off stage and you're on stage, and on stage you're hilarious. His you might be a Redneck and games Rednecks play. If you re listen to those, they're two of literally the funniest CDs.
Speaker 4: I've ever heard of my life. Like Belly Laugh, Like I got to the league Belly Laugh, right, and then the rest of us. I would put us all the seat because we all. I'm not going to put anybody for anybody else because I love all those guys. But you said the US, well, Bill and Ron, I would put all of us in the same category. I would say Jeff and then US three.
Speaker 9: You could pick. But when I got the gig, this is funny. When I got the gig, Ron I didn't. I only met Ron twice. I didn't know Bill at all. So when I went to audition first shows in South Carolina, and I was already on the radio because I.
Speaker 2: I was pushing He's Caroline, all right.
Speaker 9: I was pushing my wares on the radio, character right, and so I was selling out shows. And everywhere I was doing the character, I was selling out shows. So I wasn't calling me South Carolina, the punchline, the punchlines South Carolina.
Speaker 2: I was packing it out.
Speaker 9: So when I heard my audition night was going to be in South Carolina, I'm like, oh man, I freaking kill I can't wait. But Ron never, Ron never, h Ron never came up to.
Speaker 4: Watch the opening act. He knew what he was like, and he didn't.
Speaker 9: Ron would only come up, We're only doing ten minutes, so Ron would just come up at the very last second, walk out on stage and go back, and you know he's back at drinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I've always got that whiskey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's awesome. I love him to death.
Speaker 9: So but they said, uh, he wanted to see me because he heard of what I was doing, but he never seen me, so he went to come watch because he's going up next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the guy that booked the show.
Speaker 9: Said, we knew that you were going to get hired after that first night, because Ron would never watch anybody.
Speaker 4: He came up to watch you.
Speaker 9: Two minutes in, You're like twenty jokes in, you're firing out these one liners and the crowds dying and flying Getter guns are flying.
Speaker 2: Said Ron lit a cigarette and went.
Speaker 4: Shit. As soon as he did that, they go, we knew you were gonna get hired.
Speaker 9: But he'll even say it kind of little fire under him to just like pick it up because he was just kind of going through the motions.
Speaker 4: He'll tell you that.
Speaker 9: And the night showed up and it was like boom boom boom, and it made everything back, It made everything step up the game.
Speaker 4: It was awesome.
Speaker 2: It was, dude, that's fucking cool. Why why is it?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 3: You say audition like comedians had the audition to be a part of the blue Collar Comedy Tour.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they wanted Like I knew Jeff's like one of my best friends, but he wanted the other guys to see I was doing.
Speaker 3: So was it Jeff and somebody else that was trying to put it on together and be like, let's find our fourth guy.
Speaker 2: It was Jeff.
Speaker 9: They all made the decision, Jeff bill Ing Vall, Ron White, the manager our their manager at the time, and the two promoters.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to see how it meshed.
Speaker 2: You got to mesh with them, and Jeff was standing on the table being like, I want you to see my guy.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, And so it just meshed good. I mean I got along with everybody. We're all friends right off the bat I mean, Ron and I hit it off off the bat. Ron and I always have we have one moment that and I always whenever I talked to Ron, I always think about this moment. But when we were on there, we were just six months in, we hadn't even taped the first CD yet, and we went to Jeff's house, which I had called the lakeitha inn.
Speaker 4: And things amazing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 9: He would get up in the morning and he'd have a cup of coffee. You need to shoot ten arrows. It is it is, it is deer. It is fake deer out tre in the woods by Chattoocher River. And then he'd go up to the second deck and he'd shoot ten arrows into his fake deer by the chattoos River. Then he go up for the third deck and he shoot his arrows. I mean he did that every morning. So we got in the house and the first thing ron says.
Speaker 2: Is man with.
Speaker 9: Oh, this is so unattainable. And I said, hey, Ronnie, you never know, Man, this pretty good too. He man, we're you know, you never know, never say it's unattainable, because we work hard, keep at it.
Speaker 4: We get had this too. I remember, we both remember that moment and then there it is, you know, a year and a half later, boom.
Speaker 2: Now you know, when did you guys realize like what what moment did you rise?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 3: Like we not only do we have something like we thought, but this is way bigger, this is taking off way faster than I thought I would.
Speaker 9: Like what moment did that happen when we showed up at a show and there's like a line of supermodels waiting on us to get there. And when I say supermodels, people women from waffle house.
Speaker 4: No, you know what, it just kind of happened.
Speaker 9: It just got bigger and bigger, and the crowds and the crowds were more fanatical and more fanatical, and that's when you knew.
Speaker 4: You're like, holy crap, this is insane. It's kind of like my.
Speaker 9: Career when we started going off and doing our own things.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 9: I started out from blue collar just doing a theater to see if we can sell a theater.
Speaker 4: We did okay, you know. Then the album comes out and then.
Speaker 9: They said we're gonna try a couple more theaters, and so I went out with Merle Haggard for six shows to get used to work in the theater because I was comedy clubs other than the arena, you know. But I'm with the guys, and uh, I said okay, and we sold. These theaters are selling out. And then one day my manager goes, hey, we're gonna work some arenas and I'm like going get out of here.
Speaker 4: I got no selling.
Speaker 2: Stupid arena is nuts.
Speaker 4: Seriously, that's what I thought. Yeah.
Speaker 9: And the cool thing is in Steve Martin's book, he has his date book and he talks about how it started getting big and when he knew it was getting big, and he printed his date book with where he was working, same places that I was working, those same arenas.
Speaker 4: You know, it was really cool.
Speaker 9: So they told me I'm gonna work these arenas and I told him they're stupid, and there's no way this is happening. I mean, I just did a theater for twelve hundred. Yeah, we did good, but it's twelve hundred people. Yeah, you know, we yeah, but this one was seventeen hundreds, so maybe you know. And so they put they put, like I think, to start off with eleven arenas. They booked eleven arenas and they went on sale. I didn't even think about it, you know, I didn't even think about it. And the guy that the promoter called me, he says he did seen new ticket counts. I said, oh, Mikey, don't tell me. Are we tanking? He goes tanking? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: We're already sold out? And like seven of them. I go get out of here. He goes, no, here's your.
Speaker 9: Tank's Hershey Center, Pennsylvania. Ten than eight hundred already sold. You went on sale two hours ago. That's when I knew.
Speaker 4: It was like, Holy smoked, I can't believe this is happening. I mean, I'm very blessed. I just feel so blessed. It was just fun.
Speaker 9: But I owe all that to the guys. I mean, that was a successful tour and it just added all that other stuff. That's why when I see guys now like Burt, I love Burt Man. He's so funny. But when I see guys like Burt, guys like that and there's it's happening for them, I'm so happy for them because they're good guys and they're funny.
Speaker 4: And just the fact that you're a stand up.
Speaker 9: In your whole life, you want to be a stand up and you just want to make a living at it, but you want to find your audience.
Speaker 4: You want people to like what you do.
Speaker 9: And so when your audience finds you and you find the people you connect with and it just goes through the roof.
Speaker 4: Man, that's the coolest thing ever. So all those guys that are doing that, I'm so happy for him, proud of them and it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Dude, I love Like you can see it in your face too, Like listen to you reflect on it all is really cool, like a what like developing Larry the cable guy, developing this character the comedy. You always want to be a stand up comedian and then you're like you can see when you're like when you find your audience and you're working on this and you just want to make a living and do all this.
Speaker 2: Like when you look back on it, like what was that development like? Or what things?
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you wasted too much time on to where you're like you start to find your groove, you start to work on the right craft.
Speaker 2: You're like, man, I can't believe I'm worried about that back in the day. Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 9: In Steve Martin's book, he says, and he's true, it takes a good ten years to really get comfortable with yourself to where you can just go on stage a guy, whatever, I'm doing this, I don't care, I'm doing this joke. I'm gonna try out this. You're then you're comfortable and you find your voice, you find who you are. He said, he's thinking about ten years to figure that out from open mic and and stand up for me. You know, I was doing okay, I mean it was selling.
Speaker 4: You know. I had a unique act.
Speaker 9: I was one liner's very slapsticky, goofy stuff, you know. And so for some extra money, a buddy of mine said they needed some characters. I used to do characters on stage, some fun characters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know. I used to do an old lady from Boca from Boker, you know.
Speaker 9: I used to do that. And so I did a bunch of stupid characters. And so my buddy had me call his morning show doing characters. And uh, when I was Larry the Cable Guy and it got super stink and popular, I would just call up and do commentaries. And I wanted to be I loved all in the family, and I loved the Archie Bunker. I thought it was hilarious. But Archie, you know, Archie was a jerk, you know, but Archie was funny, you know, And so I wanted to make a character like that but be as likable as I could, just be dumb but not knowing that I'm being dumb, you know what I mean. So I came up with Larry the Cable Guy. And they wanted me to call it. I pretend it was a cable guy, and so when I first called the radio said I didn't have a name for it. So the first thing when they asked me my name, the first thing that popped in my head was my buddy Larry, who has a belt that says.
Speaker 4: Larry on it.
Speaker 9: So I just pounded this Larry and it stuck. And of course it was all theater of the mind. I'm not doing some of this stuff on stage. I mean, you know, I learned from the Howard Stern school of radio when I did radio. You gotta be funny because people want to be entertained. You gotta be a little shocking because you want to say something to where people go, what did that guy just say?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 9: They want to hear it next week or the next day because they want to hear what you're saying. So people that don't like you are tuning in just as much as people that do like you, because they want to hear what you're saying. Right, Some because they just want to laugh and they think it's funny. Others because they're like, that's ton of a bitch, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So that's what I did.
Speaker 9: I wrote these commentaries, and what I would do is I would write commentaries, just a regular commentary. Somebody would write a social commentary. They're all social commentaries. Then I would pretty much ruin the entire commentary by adding as many titty and furt jokes as I possibly could, right, yeah, right, just anything that a fifteen year old, a freshman in high school laughs at, that's what.
Speaker 2: I'm doing, and me getting the guard throwing, and then and.
Speaker 9: Then I wanted to throw something, and we're like, WHOA, I can't believe you would say that. But it was the nineties. You got away with everything, you know, until what's your name popped the boob out on Super Bowl. Janet Jackson then ruined FCC came down on everybody. That's about time I started getting popular.
Speaker 2: So it was like, okay, come out, you know.
Speaker 9: But it got and it and it worked because I would I would hear comments like I can't believe the A, it's just Larry Mail, here's funny, here's some whole guy up and you don't mean nothing by that.
Speaker 4: He's super nice guy, you know, that.
Speaker 2: Kind of thing.
Speaker 9: And so I never expected to ever do it on stage because I'm not. I'm not really on my stage act wasn't politics. It was.
Speaker 2: Goofy Oneliner. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, as time went by, I.
Speaker 9: Got syndicated into from Tampa into Orlando, then from Orlando into Tulsa, Oklahoma, in the ball Timore, Maryland into Omaha, Nebraska, and uh I went to do a show.
Speaker 4: I wasn't doing it, just doing me.
Speaker 9: I was doing a show in Saint Petersburg, Florida, and Larry the Cable Guy was huge in Florida, it was getting big in Baltimore, starting to kick ass in Tulsa, and it was doing good in Omaha because I was calling Tyler at Lomo and my buddy bills me as Dan Whitney aka.
Speaker 4: Larry the Cable Guy from the ninety five Y and F and I didn't know it.
Speaker 9: And I drove over to do the show and it was in a holiday inn in Saint Pete McCurdy's.
Speaker 4: Comedy Club, and uh, a buddy of mine, ain't.
Speaker 9: No place to park, and I'm like, what is going on? Freaking holiday in on Friday. I finally park. I parked way the hell out there, and I walk in and go, man, what's going They got it? Like, what do you got a wedding or something. He goes, Dude, they're here to see you.
Speaker 2: Literally. I go, what I do.
Speaker 4: To what I said, because I mean, I was selling okay tickets, but I was you know, I was barely a headliner, you know. He goes, Dude, I hope you don't mind, but I billed you as Dan Waittney Larry the Cable Guy. And I was pissed.
Speaker 9: I said, less, I don't do anything like Larry the Cable Guy on stage. He goes, well, I know, but that's it's dude. I sold two shows. You're just completely sold out. As soon as I said Larry the Cable Guy, those tickets were gone in like fifty minutes for both shows.
Speaker 4: It's like three hundred and twenty people show.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, because people knew you from all the commentary.
Speaker 9: Stuff, yes, And I'm like, well, all right, So I show up and back then, you know, I wore z Cabrici's I had a baseball cap and button down, you know, and uh man, I get on stage and I start my act and it's going good, and then all of a sudden, getter dud, Hey, let's.
Speaker 4: Hear from Gerda. That kind of thing. Hey, Larry, let's hear from They're calling me Larry, like what's going on?
Speaker 9: So I dip down and in my head of what am I gonna do when we do you know what, I'm gonna take my jokes and I'm just gonna do my Larry right, So I would go stay for I used to be like, hey, you ever go down to the you know, like that boom boom, And then I would just all of a sudden and be like, what here somem, Larry, I check ass out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, my grandma done had got the walking parts other day. Y'all know what walking part say is, that's when you get to you know, and do the whole thing.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: She wears them hose, she gets to walking forks and the walking forts, getting in stuck in them hose, and boy, when she takes that waistband from them hose, it sounded like a dag.
Speaker 2: On big rig letting if they break.
Speaker 4: If you get dude, people are slapping their sides right, And so I go back out of it because I don't have any you know, It's like I'd never done it before, live nothing. They don't want to hear me. They want to go back and go.
Speaker 2: Where so I need some more Larry.
Speaker 12: I didn't follow Larry the cable Guy. I am Larry, so I finally uh ended it with my bid, but Larry did the bit.
Speaker 9: I'm I'm done, I'm signing autographs, I'm taking pictures, I'm leaving phone messages for people.
Speaker 4: They clear the room and Less goes, man, that's that was awesome. Dude, you killed.
Speaker 9: I'm just seeing anybody kill like that. He goes, can you do your whole show like that? I said Less, I said, man, you know me. Oh, my buddies are all right. Next I hang with I do nothing but living country bars. You know, I'm from Sanford, Florida. Man, I can tell you like a redneck all day long. Yeah, because it comes easy because that's where I hang out. He says, well, I'm taking your name off. I'm just putting Larry the cable Guy. I said, all right, we I'm gonna go change. If I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna be comfortable. And I went to my room. And in case anybody thinks I'm faking my country roots growing up in a pig farm of Ponty City, Nebraska, I put on what I drove over, and I drove over in a nineteen eighty six trans am with tea tops with a big blue bird painted on the front hood, which I was very proud of. And I went on stage in a pair of lace up ropra cowboy but lace up roper briden boots, a pair of jeans, a cutoff Nebraska T shirt, and a NASCAR hat.
Speaker 4: That's what I drove over in.
Speaker 9: And I went on stage as Larry the Cable Guy, getting it for the first time, and flipped and murdered it, and a light bulb went on off in my head, and I said, Man, if I can get more radio stations, I can sell tickets all over the country doing this, because if I'm doing this here, I can do this anywhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And sure enough I would show up doing my act, and the first thing the radio stations would ask me is, hey, what's this singor doing on morning shows? We read it all over bitboar just Larry the Cable Guy. I go, yeah, you know, I do about a three minute commentary. Man, we'd love to do that here, but they don't pay anything. They'd barely pay us. And then I'd go, you don't got to pay me a cent, They go, what do you mean, we don't got to pay it.
Speaker 4: If you want me to do.
Speaker 9: Three and a half minutes of funny stuff on here just to kill some time, I'll do it.
Speaker 4: All I asked is that you promote me at the comedy club and just use it as a radio promotion and in case you get a sponsor for it, which I know you will because everybody else gets a sponge to pay me a little money out of the sponsor money.
Speaker 9: But I'm not asking for any pay Just promote me, don't shit. And within a year and three months, a guy named Rich Jenny, who is a friend of mine, blessing me, passed away. Not long ago, he and I became the two top draws in comedy clubs across the country, and I was only a top draw where they heard me on the radio, so twenty seven states.
Speaker 4: I was kicking butt and that's what got me.
Speaker 9: That's what got me on Blue Collar because I started kicking butt in all these comedy clubs, and that's when Jeff said, hey, let's get Larry up here to.
Speaker 2: Fill in for so all that.
Speaker 9: How long had you known Jeff at this point since nineteen eighty six? Okay, so you've known him, you are, We're big Braves fans. So we used to hang out spring training together all the time. Got you and so yeah, and then the rest is history. And so it all started that one day just because less mccurity builled me as Larry. If he wouldn't have done that, I would have never done it on stage because I didn't have the balls to do it because it wasn't my act, right, But now I've adjusted that act to me, and then I got Then of course I got married and had kids. So Larry kind of changes a little bit throughout the years because jokes you don't want to do because you don't want your.
Speaker 4: Cades to hear you, you know. So my first album is way different than my last.
Speaker 2: We'll still hear it though.
Speaker 9: Well yeah they will, but you know, it is what it is. You know what, I don't apologize. That's some funny shit.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: What time is it? Love forty one? All right? Perfect dude.
Speaker 3: This has been fucking awesome, Like learning about the roots of Larry the cable Guy. I learned about the blue collar comedy. I'm like a kid in the fucking candy store.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: This last question is by Roadback and we will ship you some apparel from Roeback. It comes from Taylor the Boy, Taylor Jan he's my co host. He actually plays football.
Speaker 2: Still.
Speaker 1: Okay, last question, the roadback question. Use Codeboys on roadback dot com for twenty percent off your first purchase. That's our h O b ac k dot com. Code Boys. They work with the best college athletes from Will Anderson to the Boy Michael Mayer to by b Jean Robinson and have the best performance pollos, q zips and hoodies.
Speaker 2: It's all we wear.
Speaker 1: And for our guests today, we like to gift you a robot performance hoodie on us.
Speaker 2: But the question is what does get her done mean? Get? What is get her done mean to you?
Speaker 4: Get her done?
Speaker 9: Whatever you do, don't quit, give one hundred and ten percent. If you gotta do it, you get her done. Don't bitch about it, don't complain about it. Just get her done.
Speaker 4: And I just popped that out on the radio.
Speaker 9: And my grandpa, Uh, when I was a little kid, we take water to the cows and we get in the truck all the time. The first thing each day is all right, let's get to get And I don't know, evid La maybe that was subconsciously in my head, but I popped out get her done, And a lot of people always go oh, I was saying get her done back in nineteen sixty.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, you should have copyrighted done. You should have got on the radio.
Speaker 2: You should have the nuts to go out you got on the radio.
Speaker 9: You should have said get her done hundred times a day and then got T shirts and sold it.
Speaker 2: But there's too stupid to do it.
Speaker 4: But I did it, So don't yelp at me about it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you fine story about get her done?
Speaker 2: Some fucking lutely?
Speaker 9: So I go up Peaches Records and Tapes in Orlando one time. This is just as this thing was moving really big. I hadn't even done it on stage yet. Guy's leaving the store and he looked back to the guy working. I goes, I see tomorrow, get her done. He goes, yeah, I get her done?
Speaker 4: And I go, what the hell?
Speaker 2: That's what I say.
Speaker 9: This is when I said I'm getting this thing copyright. Yeah, I'm getting T shirts and copyright. So I I went up to the guy working there and I go, what'd you hear that? Get her done? At what's that get her done? He goes, oh, man, that guy on the radio station here, Larry the Cable Guy. He signed off with, get her done all the time. It's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: And this is when you're just radio, so they don't know. You know, the guy is no.
Speaker 9: Because I was doing in Tampa. It has been syndicated into orlandos.
Speaker 2: And you probably just get back out in your truck and and chew just smiling.
Speaker 9: This Timm in Orlando. You know, I was doing something in Orlando, and I go, dude, that's me. I'm Lady the Cable Guy. He goes, shit, you're not Larry the Cable I go, no, I get her done. That's my good none, I said, Larry the Cable ninety w d I z. He goes, let me hear you say, get her done?
Speaker 4: And I go get her done.
Speaker 2: He goes, no, not even pleas, that's a true story. Like what do you kidding me? He says it over and over. He's like, no, I'm telling you that's me. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I went and printed up hats and t shirts. Get her done on Larry the Cable Guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, this has been an honor. Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: I love the show. Hey, congratulations to you, Will Man. This thing's kicking butt.
Speaker 2: Thank you man.
Speaker 4: I mean that's down here doing the big tent tail And they go, where are you going on as I'm going to do Will Compton's podcast.
Speaker 2: Dude, that thing's huge.
Speaker 4: That's a great podcast. I go, Wow, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: You know. No, we're getting her done.
Speaker 9: No, dude, you're about Yeah, you're getting her know that. Good job. I'm proud.
Speaker 2: Thank you man.
Speaker 3: You're you're like, you're definitely you were on the initial list of checking off because when we started this, I'm thinking, man, like who can we potentially get one day? And obviously, like you're you've been a Nebraska guy like I would be here as a player, and you'd hear the stories of yeah you know, uh Larry would what's up?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Like Larry you know, he helped pay for this player's lounges and he's a huge like supporter Nebraska, and you're just like, oh, that's fucking awesome because you.
Speaker 2: Did a show here No. Nine. I got here in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you were always somebody that was like on the initial list of like, man, I one day I would be fucking awesome to sit with him.
Speaker 4: That was.
Speaker 9: And and let me just say that stadium show that I did here and this is why I love my state. Since I did it, nobody ever did stadium shows. And since I did it, Uh which his name?
Speaker 4: Dad one? Who's the comics always with rock?
Speaker 9: Kevin Hart did one and it was really funny because Comedy Central promotes Kevin Hart special first stand up comedian to do a football stadium Kevin Hart, And my manager calls him up and goes, you, guys, do realize that you promoted and played on Comedy Central Larry the Cable Guy at a at Lincoln Memorial Stadium.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so they changed it to the next promo.
Speaker 9: Is Kevin Hart the only professional comedian to perform at a professional football stadium?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: But I still smaller.
Speaker 9: But the good news is I still outdrew him, So I still hold the record for the most. Then since then, Fluffy Guy did one at Dodger Stadium, and I think I think that which his name is going to do one at red at the Red Sox Stadium.
Speaker 2: Who uh you know?
Speaker 4: Uh huh yeah? Bill Burr who biber actually can't even set my box?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 9: I forget what game he came to. Might have been here, Yeah, it might have been Ohio State or something he wanted to see. Bill Burr is the best. So he's doing Red Sox Stadium. So I'm hoping my record still stands. I still want.
Speaker 2: I want to have at least I want to have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, think about yo, So before we go, talk about you breaking that dude's arm and an arm wrestling?
Speaker 2: Are you really like that in our wrestling? Dude, don't mess with me. Don't mess That's all I got to say.
Speaker 4: Don't mess with me.
Speaker 2: The rumor is you broke a dude's arm. I think the video is out there.
Speaker 4: Yes, let me tell you this. So, oh, by the way, can I mention this?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? So you were so?
Speaker 4: Did I ever come in and hang out when you guys were Yeah?
Speaker 2: You did it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me just say this.
Speaker 2: I was so nervous.
Speaker 4: I got I did it. I tell everybody this. I have met all these celebrities. I've hung out at all these really cool events and it's not a really big deal.
Speaker 9: It's fun. I can go up and talk and be myself. The only time I am ever nervous is around Husker football players because they're my childhood love. And so when I see all you guys and your uniforms and your but I don't know what to say. I literally don't know what to say, and I'm freaking out. I go, don't say not, You're gonna be some stupid don't say no, here's a stupid. So I don't say any because I don't look like the dumbest. I don't want the team going. Well, Larry's awesome, but he's kind of an idiot.
Speaker 2: He say nothing. We'rely trying to get him fired and get us fired up and say so, I'm.
Speaker 4: Always liked such an idiot around Nebraska players, like a little kid. So anyway, I'm so giddy around you, so giddy I need some water.
Speaker 9: So anyway, uh yeah, So I met my sweet box and I always get six guys from guard. I always invite six guys from the Nebraska Guarden to come hang out the box, which is awesome.
Speaker 4: This kid comes out to me.
Speaker 9: He's probably about five foot ten, five nine, a little guy, but he's built. Man, this kid's built, and he just came back from Afghanistan. And he comes up and he goes, hey, Larry, Hey can I arm wrestle and videotape it.
Speaker 4: For my dad.
Speaker 9: He'd get a big kick out of it that I'm arm wrestling Larry the cable guy. I'm like yeah, and I go, uh well, uh yeah, I'm left handed, so I don't know what I'm left hands, so I don't want army. When he goes, he flexes, pulls his shirt up and he goes, pick an arm, brother, pick an arm, and my wife sees him.
Speaker 4: And goes, good luck, and she walks away because the guy's like, I mean, they're an announcing fan.
Speaker 9: Yeah, my kid, you know you just got done, you know, strangling iraqis you know what I mean, strangling terrorists?
Speaker 4: And here he wants to arm wrestle me. I'm like, oh my gosh, so uh okay. So my little boy starts it, you know, and I'm like, I'm trying, you know.
Speaker 9: I'm like, I'm this guy's gonna beat me, but least I'm gonna like not look like a big pussy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So is that word okay?
Speaker 2: Can I say? Yeah? Absolutely, you've heard me say the word pussy.
Speaker 4: It is. So I'm so I'm armed wrestling this guy and he's just staring at me with this look of like, dude, you're not you know.
Speaker 9: And now I'm getting tired, and I go, okay, I'm gonna do one. You know, he have that one and he just kind of surge it. So I'm just like and I start to surge. Here's here's what you hear, but louder like but louder okay. He just it snaps and he goes down and he has this look on his face and I literally go and my little you see my little kid. He's like his face like you just saw a ghost. And I go, dude, was that your arm? And he goes, yeah, I think so, I don't know. I think something right. And then he turns white. I mean this guy was Edgar Winner. I mean this guy turned white as a ghost. He turns so white he was canceled. And here's the funny thing. Here's I was laughing so hard. Here's the funny thing.
Speaker 4: Luckily, my buddy Bobby's in there and he said doctor, and I go, Bobby, come here. I think this guy broke his arm.
Speaker 2: We're arm us.
Speaker 4: I think he broke his arm.
Speaker 9: He comes over and he goes, let me see, okay, we just hurt. He goes, hey, you better lay it down. Let's lay you down, because he's about to pass out. Yeah, let's let you down.
Speaker 4: He lays him down. Now they're working on him.
Speaker 2: What luck for this guy?
Speaker 9: I mean, I know he broke his arm, but right when he lays down, who comes strolling in microsire, Hey.
Speaker 2: Larry, what's going? What up?
Speaker 4: What happened to you?
Speaker 2: And I tell him he goes, oh, man, man, there's Jack Doe. Man, there's Jack up right. He's staring at him. You know, he makes me laugh.
Speaker 9: Roose Year plays my golf. Yeah, I love Rosier because you're just like that cold man, cold man mask fuddy man. He's like, where have you?
Speaker 5: Where have you?
Speaker 4: And so he goes, let me need some ice? So he gets some ice. Now, now I got my doctor and Mike Rosier and he's been Trophy whinter micros here working.
Speaker 2: On his kid.
Speaker 9: Who else walks Tony Davis, you know, all American running back for the brass. Now he's working on the kid. So the kid comes to the thing, Larry, the kbley breaks his arms. He's got a Heisman trophy winner getting mice. He's got all American helping him out.
Speaker 4: And yeah, that was it.
Speaker 9: And then he got up. He went to the doctor. A spiral fracture. A spiral fracture. Unbelievable. And I told my buddy Bobby the doctor, Man, what happened?
Speaker 4: I go, did I do? I mean, I didn't do anything ill, I mean, I just gave me. He goes, Oh, here's the deal. This guy, from what he does, he probably had like a little teeny fraction the hairline, the hairline that he didn't know about.
Speaker 9: And it was just a perfect angle where it snapped. It either that or you, my friend, or just a badass.
Speaker 4: And I go help.
Speaker 2: And so he ended up.
Speaker 9: He asked me, He goes, hey, my sister has some connections to TMZ. Can I send this to TMZ with your permission? I said, do, I don't care what you do. Yeah, Like I'm the one you're gonna go. I bet you it gets a lot of likes, dude, it had like, what's the thing? Got like millions? It gots millions of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's that's that's funny. Though everybody's standing over him. What happened to you?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Let me get you some ice arms broken? You're white by the pass.
Speaker 4: It was crazy.
Speaker 9: So I want honestly, I will never arm wrestle again. I want ever arm wrestles. I mean wants to arm wrestle. I say no, that's twice. I've seen that happen.
Speaker 2: When I was doing Only in America, raak your arms.
Speaker 9: When I was doing Only in America, we did the Wrestling Championships in Jersey in Brooklyn, and they were having the arm Wrestling Championships and we covered for History Challenge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a heavyweight division.
Speaker 9: There's this guy, six foot eight, three hundred and forty pounds, big dude, tats everywhere, super nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah uh, And who's this challenger? He comes marching in.
Speaker 9: Guy's got to be six five, four hundred, right, and they and I'm look at these guys are gonna arm wrestle. And he takes he goes go boop. Right when you started, the guy goes. The six foot four guy goes, oh, broke my wrist. Broke my wrist and he broke his wrist.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 9: So that's two arm wrestling things where somebody's broke from I'm going to leg wrestle.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm doing. Hey, are you trying to go to the Unity Walk with us?
Speaker 4: I'll be honest I'm not into unity.
Speaker 2: That's a perfect way to send this off problem.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know what, I got some people coming.
Speaker 9: I mean I will if you guys want me to, but I but I got some people coming, so I want to make sure I'm up there before you do your thing.
Speaker 2: So what do you just want?
Speaker 3: Saw our bus? Like our show's called Bust with the Boys. Obviously, ideally we would all be on the bus just having this conversation. But our bus is parked right where they drop all of the players off. Oh so we're gonna have the crowd, the fans, everybody's gonna be right there when they come off. Yeah, I got a golf cart. Just FYI for avoid the autographs because I think I'll probably take your shine away now. No, I'm just talking with you.
Speaker 4: I have, like am I have a tremor in my left hand, and when I sign on g it literally takes me like thirty five seconds to sign it off.
Speaker 2: Just a scribble.
Speaker 4: I tried to avoid the whole thing the.
Speaker 9: Last walk I did, though, I kind of want to keep this because I think I gave him a good mojo. The last time I did that walk, I walked with the quarterback of the Bengals that used quarterback for the coach of the Zach Taylor. Zach Taylor and I walked together. Yeah, and so that was my last Yearnity Walk because of Zach Taylor. But you no, I'll probably as much as I love it.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's fine, bro.
Speaker 4: I remember one time ye had time for this.
Speaker 2: I don't know what time is it, Okay.
Speaker 9: I remember one time with John Lasster with Cars. The Cars movie was coming out and we were at a NASCAR race in uh, California though, when they did the one in Sonoma, and John Lassiter goes, hey, Cindy's down there with the radio show. Let's go down to the infield and say it's Cindy. I go, John, I go. You want me to go to the infield of a NASCAR race. We're not gonna get out of there, you know. And I'm not trying to act like I'm a big shot or anything, but that's like my crowd. And I love him to death, but I don't want to be stuck down there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's awareness.
Speaker 9: You just got awareness, because then you look like a dick if you don't sign anything out your dick. So I stay, I'll stay and sign till some security guards come push people out of the way and get me out of there. Yeah, and he goes, ah, you're a Sonoma it's a whole different crowd. You're not gonna it's a different Nascar down in Sonoma.
Speaker 2: I said, all right, kind of Nascar.
Speaker 9: I gotta tell you, there's a lot of there's a lot of bear there's a lot of no shirt people down there, and a lot of corn dog eating going on. But I'll go yeah, so here we go take a little golf cart down there. Literally ten minutes later, here's John Lasher on his phone.
Speaker 2: Can we get some kind of security out here?
Speaker 4: We gotta get to the butt I'm not getting so I mean, uh yeah, that's why I'm just gonna head straight up. But I love you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hey, we're appreciate the tickets too. We'll probably see you here in a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Did you get him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I got him.
Speaker 2: I got him.
Speaker 3: I got him in the Texas all digital now. But hey, thank you man, this is can we can we like do a hug to send off?
Speaker 2: You want? I ever take you?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: This is awesome.
Speaker 4: Hey, but it's talkue in my here.
Speaker 2: What's going on with that
Speaker 4: No, hey, thanks,