Speaker 1: What what was Justin Guarini like for you for really?
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the thing with Justin Guarini is he was so whitewashed at that point that I never really identified with Justin Guarini. He was really trying to play it like, oh, I'm just like an Italian dude, o curly hair, instead of being like, no, I'm black. But I happened to like, remember he had a fucking movie with Kelly Clarkson from Justin to Kelly, Yeah, exactly. He really was trying to just play it like now I'm just I'm just a regular guy like everybody else.
Speaker 1: It was like a type of thing, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Define.
Speaker 4: In a Kuala bears are racist, the hosts, the money turkey stuff.
Speaker 1: I can't tell me. She make the toughest homeboy fall deep in love and once you had a Ronie, you will never give her up. Welcome Little Mama's and gentiles alike to another phenomenal episode of My Mama.
Speaker 2: Told Me, the podcast where we dive deep, deep into the pockets of black conspiracy.
Speaker 1: Theories and we finally worked to prove that that come on be My Baby tonight. Shit that that nigga did on real World's New Orleans never happened. It was a Mandela effect. Y'all are remembering it wrong. Strike it from the record. My name is David Boyd.
Speaker 2: I'm like Stack Kerman, and I wonder, I wonder if part of your motivation and wanting to remove that from the greater conversation is because that person's name was David as well.
Speaker 1: It's a blight on our history that cannot be forgotten.
Speaker 2: It's not a great David moment.
Speaker 1: I would say, it's, in fact, one of our worst.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was bad. It was big bad, and uh and.
Speaker 1: We can't be that thing can be singing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he I think tried to maintain a career as a musician. If I'm not mistaken, I think he continues to be a musician to this day.
Speaker 1: To be fair about it, we all saw it. They never forgot. Yeah. Maybe in that way it's historic.
Speaker 2: Maybe longer lasting and more influencing than nine to eleven. I would say as far as never forgetting, I.
Speaker 1: Mean as far as being eleven years old and watching something on TV that was my nine Absolutely, I was like, what the fuck is going on? He had his eyes closed. I know the way you treated you've been with. I thin she was incredible.
Speaker 2: I guess today I know for certain, I feel very confident that he has an opinion on this conversation.
Speaker 1: Uh, he's a man.
Speaker 2: He's a man who knows pop culture in and out and often has very exciting, provocative takes on on all things that are that I'm interested in. He's so funny, you know him from from cool Ship. Just he just be out here doing cool ship, just being funny, being cool, taking niggas to restaurants in Atlanta that are gonna kill them and and bruin their bloodline. Truly, a man of so many jacks and so many trades. Were so happy he's back. Give it up for our guest today, Mandol want.
Speaker 3: To the dudes I love that I have. I have a couple of comments to make. Yeah, the worst thing about bringing somebody to a restaurant that is going to, you know, shorten their lifeline. It's mean. And they say that was fine, Yo.
Speaker 1: You didn't even love it.
Speaker 3: I brought life to a spot and he did not enjoy.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 3: For something.
Speaker 2: That's absolutely not true. In fact, I had a spectacular meal, We had great conversation. It was it was true fellowship. Now where Mandel, in my opinion, went wrong was he wanted me to try chicken livers, which I told him from the beginning I had no interest in eating. I do not like chicken livers. I've experienced them before. He was like, no, but you got to understand these.
Speaker 1: Do as the at aliens do. And I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he ate one, and he did that thing that they teach you an etiquete class in middle school. But when you split it out, you just put the napkin over your face. Bro. He didn't like it, and I didn't never get a second chance after that.
Speaker 1: No, that was the end of that.
Speaker 2: And I put it in the napkin and I stood up and I said, boys, it's been a pleasure.
Speaker 3: And yeah, you was talking about who was singing? Did you just talking about?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: From the real World's New Orleans?
Speaker 3: See. Okay. So when I was I don't know if I'm wasting time, But when I'm seventy years old, I was in a movie. I was in a movie with Jada picking swith when she was still light skinned. They put it in the oven. No, it's called the Walk, right, And I was posted, like you could pick the son but I was too old. Just before she went on make the Time Model, they put it, they put in another Time model and Tank from the real world.
Speaker 2: What right?
Speaker 3: He was playing a preacher in the movie and I remember at seven being like, why did y'all jump into that lake naked? And I didn't process at the moment, but as a seven year old asking that man that I can tell you realized, dang, I'm influencing the youth the wrong direction.
Speaker 1: Do you think that was cool?
Speaker 3: I feel like because I was a kid, he was on something like, dang, bro, I gotta get baptized because I'm leading the youth down the wrong way.
Speaker 1: Oh, I saw it. When I saw it, I thought that that was cool. He came to the house, he met an exotic woman and he was like, let's get naked and get in the pool, and they didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he thought I thought it was cool, But I think he didn't like that. I was a kid watching.
Speaker 1: That because you were so young, you were a child after he was.
Speaker 2: It's one thing when you're like, I'm doing some cool shit with like the homies and people that that can process this. It's another thing to make a young man form his future based off of your your choices to be naked in a hot time.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and he was playing a preacher with a Cisco blonde in his hate. I ain't never.
Speaker 1: Seen that, would you? And I think that I know the answer to this question. Me and my girl into brunch yesterday and as a black man, when either of you ever go blonde, Uh, you're not in my color.
Speaker 3: No, you can just because if I go blonde, then now I'm just Drew Ski. You know what I'm saying. I can't do it.
Speaker 1: But imagine, imagine the world. There's no juice Ski, Bro.
Speaker 3: I can't do it. Bro. The reason, I mean, listen, the reason I would go platinum blonde because I'm a bit of Cisco fan.
Speaker 1: Wow, but is that even blind? I think that where I'm from, we call that silver silver.
Speaker 3: But like that's what I'm saying. I feel like, once you go silver, you start wearing fingerless gloves. He started doing tachi.
Speaker 1: All kinds of dragon iconography.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get yourself a dragon shirt and silver hair. You gotta stay with that.
Speaker 1: I'm running across pitches to say, in his eyes, you were talking.
Speaker 3: About traumatizing singing moments from when you was a kid. Man oh yeah, and boy, you might relate to this lengths thing. You will know when you were a kid, how did Ruber's stutter afect your.
Speaker 1: Come on this.
Speaker 3: It was a big was on top. They assumed that every big fellow was a singing dude.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: That was that was a man, I'm not I'm not gonna lie. This is this is surprising to hear. I thought y'all would have been big fans of of what Ruben had going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you think we're all friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Was apologizing for stuff where it's like, hey.
Speaker 1: Man, he apologized for two thousand and four the.
Speaker 3: Whole year, but it was like he was doing stuff that apology not enough bro noise, just like, come on man, we got a play station. You're being ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Damn. This is this is big news, uh, literalizing news for me to find out that rubens stutter was not in fact welcomed in your community.
Speaker 3: The way was affected by that might be that might be the being stick anybody's up. Thank you for letting me on the program.
Speaker 2: Please, I mean we will be addeding you out. You're not sticking.
Speaker 3: Around and and I can verify that that that will have issue that because I was in Chicago with him and I've seen his all his friends he grow up with, and that real Africans.
Speaker 2: And I do ask him to whisper it.
Speaker 1: I say, no, Listen, I've been putting up with African slander for months on this podcast. No no rocket with him, No me too. It's it's this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not a fan.
Speaker 2: Uh. You know what I'm saying this is, this is a fascinating thing because we we've talked for so long that we're actually at a break and we haven't even introduced the the subject of the episode. So what I think we should do is we should introduce Mandal's conspiracy and then we're gonna take a break and we're gonna start to unpack that thing. If that works for y'all. Okay, this is exciting.
Speaker 3: Mandal.
Speaker 2: You came to us with the conspiracy today that I think we wanted to talk about on the pod for a long time. Certainly it has come across my desk a few times.
Speaker 1: This is never heard.
Speaker 2: This is your first time hearing it.
Speaker 1: I was really excited when I read it. I had never heard of that.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, so so one at the very least we have not covered, and we're excited to do it with with you. It's you said, my mama told me. Slaves made hush puppies to quiet the dogs when trying to escape slavery. A little teased for the people at home. Yeah, let's bring it back at nip for you to for to get a little little waisted, little waisted, but not not drunk yet. You're gonna get a little little tipsy and having a good time, still having a good time. We're gonna take a break and we'll be back with more mandel more, my mama told me. And we're gonna talk about these hush puppies. We're calling upon you because we have we have new merch. We have very exciting merch that we are now selling and it's it's fucking great. We love it so much.
Speaker 1: Just sleek, it's sexy.
Speaker 2: Come on, you want to tell them what we have?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have three different types of hats, which is really fun. We have a two tone hat, an alien dad hat, the traditional logo in black and khaki. Then we have the enamel pin with an alien who has a koofie on it. Since my mama told me, and then we have t shirts that say proud Little Mama, which is who you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can buy the merch now, go to ma. Mama told me dot merch table dot com. It's a brand new name, but it's the same old merch and we would love for you to get some if you haven't got it already. And we want you to have all the sweet stuff. So get it, lou you goddamn head.
Speaker 4: Smooth off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're back. We're still talking to Mandal about the possibility that hushpuppies were in fact made to quiet the dogs to escape slavery. Mandal, I would love for you to tell us everything you know feel about this subject.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have to be all the way out of this stuff.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: My mom did not say this. M I've heard I saw this on Twitter and then I googled it and people were saying it for a couple of years. But I think my mother would classify this under mumbo jimbo. But I did not. I think that this is what I think. I'm pretty sure that there was let me let me get a conspiracy. So essentially, what they said huts puppies was start off in some sort of carmea. They fried up or whatever. And when people will be trying to like, you know, trying to escape or get out. You know, of course dogs where they used to protect their grounds, and so they would feed them these things to distract them so they could get off of black plantation in the pocket. Yeah, like it was like a situation where, like, I guess you would be trying to flee and you throw some of these out here to stop the dog from trying to attack you with something. And uh, I'm halfway with it, but believe it. But I'm concerned up all right, man, So like I don't This might be a Southern thing, but back in the early two thousands, everybody grandmama liked Captain De Captain Deed. If you was like, oh, I'm gonna get some I'm gonna get some fast food. Your grandma go get you some. Let's get some fish from Captain De's.
Speaker 2: Oh, Captain D's is a fish Chicago. No, I never heard of Captain.
Speaker 3: Are the fried fish restaurants?
Speaker 1: We only had one off of Havana.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, the South, and they had hush puppies right And now I'm terrified of what type of ship Captain Deeds was driving. Bro, because my folks really enjoyed this stuff. Yeah, and he out here doing he out here twisted.
Speaker 2: You find out, you find out what kind of captain you've been serving this, bro.
Speaker 3: Captain D's was hard back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we never had before in my life. Vom.
Speaker 1: John Silvers has hush puppies too.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, it's not the same as Captain D.
Speaker 1: Captain D's is good, captain.
Speaker 3: Kind of like how Pope's is today and that you've only seen Captain D's across from a city train. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's an urban market, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah. John is down by the down the street from the most busted mall. Even when I was in high school, it was like the mall where you would go to to get like airbrush, like it was that much. Absolutely, it sounds no chain stores in them all. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It sounds, if I may, it sounds maybe even closer to maybe a church's chicken than a Popeye's chicken.
Speaker 3: See that's now you get somewhere. It's it's like churches, but with catfish. Honestly, I think it was whitened. It was whitened, which is lower than catfish was it wasn't catfish. I think it was widen because before they started put making a fish in the computer you print to laugh, they may out of a three printer. Now, I met the uh uh uh in the back of Wallmark right before you get that it's whiter.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, first of all, let him cook you could get. Let's be clear, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think everybody knew that they were three D printing fish. I don't think to just throw that out like that was. That was just an understood agreement amongst every man.
Speaker 3: I'd have been in aquariums all across the country. I ain't never seen no tilapia there.
Speaker 2: They're not motherfucking book.
Speaker 3: They making that junk in the computer.
Speaker 1: I can I also say, though this is a weird stat, I also have been in aquariums across the country and have seen I don't know what a tilapia looks like. For as much as I've consumed, you couldn't hit me in the face with the tilapia fish. Oh, I don't know what it looks like with the scales on.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'll say, and I don't disagree that. I think a lot of our fish is probably not what they tell us it is or certainly not the correct manufacturing of what they're claiming. That said, I don't think it's tilapia. That's the one that ever body is in fact like making out of other fish. I think it's cod is the one that is made from a bunch of other fish. I think cod is like the hot dog of fish.
Speaker 3: The new come Square.
Speaker 1: You guys have done, shy. It's like they say, it's like catfish, but it's cheaper.
Speaker 3: That's not good about the hushpuppy thing. That's why they call it hush puppies. I've got to say that because yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: So so to that. I guess Bory, this is your first time hearing this. Tell me how much you believe in the possibility of this being real.
Speaker 1: Okay, so here's the thing. I'm conflicted because I my heart wants to believe it. I like this, but if it was something as high risk as me trying to escape slavery, I'd probably throw the dogs at me. Even if it was scraps or organs or something like that, I don't think I would. I would trust cornmeal to quiet the dogs. I would give them.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying you're saying that that's not substantive enough to guarantee your escape.
Speaker 1: But I also don't know dogs like that. I'll tell you that I don't know dogs like Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well I think, well, I think that. I think it's a situation of like they was making the best of what they had type of thing, right, Right, But here the issue I have.
Speaker 1: Right, and why make them so delicious for people? If you were just gonna give them the dogs?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I just think it would. I think I think the issue I have with that is that why why as time went on they only became like a seafood day.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: That's a good question too, That is a good question.
Speaker 3: It would have been different if instead of we had instead of corn bread, we just always had hush puppies, right, But something had to happen amongst the translations. But maybe only happening on the coast, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a fascinating thing when you start to think about where hush puppies sort of exist in our greater like eating relationship. Right, Like, as much as you go like, oh yeah, hushpuppies, I associate them with sort of Southern food but it isn't to your point, mandeal All, It's not like every southern restaurant you go to has hush puppies. They're more associated with like seafood and sometimes like creole food or like throw hush puppies in there. But it's it's not everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's always with shrimp or fish. I feel, m h, like I never had it with like poor chops, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean listen. I mean obviously obviously I wasn't there, so.
Speaker 2: Thank god, we're glad. We're glad you're here with us.
Speaker 1: We're lucky there.
Speaker 3: So I mean that bearwell could be likely. I'm pretty sure they had a bunch of tactics that they was using at the time, getting creative to get out of a tumultuous situation. I'm just saying this specific theory is interesting because I'm like, if it's a trained dog, would that be enough for him to be like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, disciplined about like not eating them hush puppies.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, Like, because they're trained to hunt down people, right, yeah, So it's like if they're well trained, it's gonna be like, no, I got I once again, I don't know dogs.
Speaker 3: Listen, I don't hate.
Speaker 1: I need that to be known though right now, on.
Speaker 2: The record, I don't hate anybody else that talks like that. Probably got some issues with a dog, but.
Speaker 1: I don't have any issues. I just don't like animals more than people. I hate that I have to explain this to people all the time.
Speaker 2: It's not crazy, an pretty upset and he's yelling in a way that that feels like a man with hatred in his heart.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that you don't get angry when you see a dog wearing clothing.
Speaker 3: No, thank you, I want to I want to mention something.
Speaker 1: We have a house in Christis Saity're building houses for dogs. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I wasn't helping with either either positions. So yeah, go ahead, dogs, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I got one thing to bring up if I mean, yeah, what so, because here's my thing. Let's say if you're getting arrested. Let's say you a drug lord, right, and the police is after you. Yeah, and they got the dogs running through the wools trying to find that uh supplements eight. Right, if I threw that dog a begging strip, he so gullible to be like, you know what, never mind? Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I don't care about the work anymore. I got this fake meat.
Speaker 2: I think if I may, I think it's less of never mind and more of a small distraction to give you an additional what two minutes three minutes of running time to distance yourself from the situation. That said, where I start to get curious about this is part of what slaves also had to do was remove scent from their body, Like you have to make yourself less traceable in escape, and by leaving trails of food behind you are in fact making yourself more traceable. These animals then less traceable. It starts to feel a little almost countering, counterproductive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because dogs know if you got meat on you, or like if you're on your period. They know that. Because no, look what Olivia said, Olivia, don't make me feel like a crazy person. Olivia chimed in and said, unfortunately they do. Y'all were laughing at me, like I'm nuts. They can swell when you're on your period.
Speaker 2: It wasn't that what you said. It sounded crazy. It was just the passion that you sort of found inside of it. I don't know it felt very left field in a way that made me laugh. But but hey, you're right, You're right. They know when people are on their period.
Speaker 1: They also can tell if you've had an abortion. Whoa y'all saying?
Speaker 3: Y're saying all dogs really is going to heaven? No no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: That don't worry about it. The Tilappian thing is going to be the clip. Anyways, You're right.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'll tell you is that is that I did do a little bit of research on this subject of whether or not these hushpuppies, this hushpuppy situation is in fact real, And one of the things that almost seems most definitive in the research that I did is that the origins of hushpuppies are unclear. They are not in fact certain where hushpuppies came from. But what does seem to be sort of like an agreed upon thing is that this idea of hush puppies being like something that got left behind for dogs specifically, is a little bit of a Internet fallacy that's not necessarily real. That we sort of did some weird cross pollination with names associated with slavery because of Southern food and then decided that this was a food left behind, hushpuppies. They in what I'm reading themselves like the actual name of that food being called hushpuppies didn't happen until like the early nineteen twenties, nineteen thirties, they say. Early mentions of the term hushpuppies in American newspaper from nineteen thirty six also expressed confusion about its origin. Response to the letter in Atlanta Journal, why are Hushpuppies? The article posited a number of theories, including the ones we share above about the additional story that carries racist references to black people. But basically they're saying, like, it doesn't really get called hushpuppies until much later after the slavery shit. So if it's being called that, it's more retroactive, then like definitively slaves were calling it that. If that makes sense, like most information on Twitter, I think so.
Speaker 1: Damn yeah, I kind of liked this one. I wanted this one to be real.
Speaker 2: They also said, originally hush puppy was a slang term for silence one. I mean it can be we we certainly can spread that misinformation.
Speaker 1: Hush poppy.
Speaker 2: I know, ubobby, but they said it was a slang term for silencing someone or covering up misdeeds. A seventeen thirty eight account in a London magazine described crooked British port officials boarding a smugglership in Colonial Ontario, where they played the game of hushpuppy by stopping off at a captain's cabin to be serenaded several hours with the captain's music music, I guess it's music while the crew hid the contraband beneath the ship's ballast. So it does sound like there are some associations with the hushing of a nemesis of sorts of a person in opposition an op.
Speaker 3: If you will, But it's not a dog.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't a dog specifically. They also talk a little bit about I guess hushpuppies and like a lot of things existed before black people and even white people were in this country.
Speaker 1: That second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's not a It doesn't seem like a crazy idea that like frying corn meal, would not like we were the first motherfuckers to think of that. You know, Native Americans did that ship before we did, and probably called it something.
Speaker 1: I mean they love bread, right, was frying stuff? I think?
Speaker 3: So where where where's the where's the natural crisco? Oh?
Speaker 2: Like, where does that oil come from?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I thought it was I thought it was corn crisco?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it not getting the supplement to fry? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I know that there's there's corn oils, there are vegetable oils, which maybe that falls into the corn category. There's uh, what are the some of the other oils?
Speaker 1: Is the what's the yellow crisco? The one that's basically buttered?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I'm gonna say I'm only fried, so I only cooked maybe four times in my life without clear scope. But in my brain, I'm like, where they get the supplement? You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's an interesting question that I don't really have an answer for, is where the crisco came from? But but I will say that it's certainly I think, like most things in this country, it was not originated by US, you know what I mean, like a lot of things. Uh, and by US, I mean Americans, not Black Americans. I think black Americans invented a lot, but specifically America did not necessarily America, we understand, did not just invent everything we have today.
Speaker 3: Right, because in my brain, I'm thinking natives all grillly. I think they like barbecueing every single day.
Speaker 1: No, it makes sense because of the fires. Yeah, you're like, okay, they have the fire going. You put some buffalo on there. Who wants to play? I'm more interested right now? And how both of you can't cook?
Speaker 3: I can't at all. I can't at all, man.
Speaker 1: You I don't know how you missed it? All right?
Speaker 3: So this is my issue. I don't know if this is off topic, but my issue is my brain can't transition. It can't see the difference between raw and done before it's burnt. Hm hmm. I can't mind the transition. I can only see raw and this is this is Oh, it's.
Speaker 1: A timing thing. You it's the time you have timing issues.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: My My issue is I can.
Speaker 2: Tell the difference between raw and burnt. I don't want to get it. I don't want to get mixed in with whatever man's got going on. That's ain't like something that needs a prescription. And I don't.
Speaker 3: Issue.
Speaker 2: I just don't want it. I don't want that to be my mess. I can tell the difference, but I am extremely opposed to spending a long period of time on something that I am going to only enjoy for a very short period of time. And cooking principally is that like, I don't like the idea of I work on something for fucking an hour to eat it in ten minutes and I scarf down food fast and it never feels as worth it as the investment was.
Speaker 3: It's about the journey.
Speaker 1: That's why I that took the words right out of my life, and.
Speaker 3: That's what doos on the end goal Always, it's about how you get there. It's about the step by step you would love into the food because you love yourself.
Speaker 1: That's come on, come on, okay.
Speaker 3: You worth the amount of time it takes to make that food.
Speaker 2: Whow I'll say this. I didn't expect to feel inspired this morning, but but here I am cook.
Speaker 1: When was the last time you so you don't ever? What about like a one pad? What about easy stuff like like chicken thighs? That's easy.
Speaker 2: What I've started to do more often is I'll do like the I'll two chef for my wife, I'll prep everything and now I'll let Nikki like do her thing afterwards so that I can cut down on the amount of time that she has to spend.
Speaker 1: But I'm not.
Speaker 2: I I just don't like it.
Speaker 1: Man. So you like peel potatoes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, are like cut up carrots? Whatever the fuck the meal? Yeah? I never did that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that air fright, I'm gonna say it right now, is holding this all back?
Speaker 3: You think so?
Speaker 1: I think that it's just what are we gonna do when there's no air fryers? You can't do everything in there.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I know how some gets some bands.
Speaker 3: I was just there when when I pulled my salmon out. When I put salmon in there, when I put my salmon out of there, you would have thought they'd never touch water in his life. That gona. It's almost salmon jerky.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Broom, You can't. It's not for everything. And they're just gonna start at catching ship and that's how they're gonna get us. Like have you seen that movie Wally how they have the wheelchairs? The air frar is the beginning of the wheelchairs. Do you think the airfs Oh yeah, they're gonna put chat GPT on it. They're gonna put EMP three's on it, and we're gonna all be lost.
Speaker 2: I would go so far as to say the microwave is more damaging than the airfrar is to no.
Speaker 1: Because the microwave doesn't have the potential. You there's a roof on what you're trying to do in the microwave. There's a roof. Yeah, And you're not making anything from scratch in the microwave. You know what I'm saying. You're not putting raw chicken in the microwave to get cooked.
Speaker 2: I would I and I hate to burst some both.
Speaker 1: If you say that you're cooking chicken in the microwave, I'm gonna fucking kill you.
Speaker 2: I am not. Uh let me be clear. I'm not cooking shit. Microwave are otherwise. But I will say that I have seen a fair amount of Instagram videos and tiktoks and shit of people now using the microwave for raw ingredients. People are baking in the microwave. They are cooking full meals via the microwave. It is not the limited resource that I think you remember it to be. This country's done that I agree with. It's cooked and it ain't cooked good, you know what I mean, It's cooked in the microwave. We made it fast.
Speaker 1: The law. Also, our algorithms are way different for cookie. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. I've for some reason had been getting a fuck ton of active labor videos as of late. So you don't want what I got going on over here.
Speaker 3: I'll be watching the street vendors over the Yeah of them real Indians yo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the super race ship yeah absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also get a lot of Koreans. They're snack technology. They're going wild over there.
Speaker 3: They making it half half.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure, really pulled themselves up by their bootstraps.
Speaker 2: Boys, I really want what you got going on, because what I got going on is the fucking nightmare right now.
Speaker 1: Active labor. I didn't even know you could have that on Instagram.
Speaker 2: I didn't know either, but I swear to god, I've been seeing babies coming out of pussies for the past like week and a half in a wed.
Speaker 1: When you get weird shit, I got one. I got one breastfeeding video, and that ship I had to like scrub it.
Speaker 2: You had to scrub the breast once you.
Speaker 1: Get are Once you get a breastfeeding video, it's in there. Yeah, that, and I think that's the problem.
Speaker 3: Is.
Speaker 2: I saw in my Explorer page a child being birthed, and I was like, get the fuck out of here. There's no way that that's being put on my Instagram. I'm gonna click on it to make sure that this is obviously the scam that I think it is. And then I watched the child be birth and now every other video is.
Speaker 3: I had a bit about this, bro, I got I had a girl I knew in fourth grade she had I ain't seen such fourth grade. We friends on Facebook. She had a baby on Facebook live. Bro.
Speaker 1: No, she was holding the phone though it wasn't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't she hold the phone having a baby on Facebook Live?
Speaker 1: What was she saying?
Speaker 3: Ooh ah, you know what I'm saying. But you know what I'm saying. We all have our own trials, and that.
Speaker 1: True, true, true. You don't want anybody else's problems.
Speaker 2: We're calling upon you because we have we have new merch. We have very exciting merch that we are now selling and it's it's fucking great. We love it so much.
Speaker 1: Just sleek, it's sexy.
Speaker 2: Come on, you want to tell them what we have?
Speaker 1: Yeah, We have three different types of hats, which is really fun. We have a two tone hat, an alien dad hat, the traditional logo in black and khaki. Then we have the enamel pin with an alien who has a coofie on it since my mama told me. And then we have t shirts that say proud little Mama, which is who you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can buy the merch now, go to mymama told me dot merch table dot com. It's a brand new name, but it's the same old merch and we would love for you to get some if you haven't got it already, and we want you to have all the sweet stuff, so get it. Here's the last piece of information I'll give you regarding the hushpuppies. They said that fried cornbread wasn't, in fact, the first food to be called hushpuppies. The term was used as a nickname for gravy or pot liquor as early as eighteen seventy nine. And they talk about the pot liquor known as hushpuppy because it kept the hound dogs from growling. The hounds in this case seem to be the metaphoric ones growling in a diner stomach. A much smarter use of pot liquor than throwing it to the dogs that basically we were, in essence the dogs of the story for a while as relates to this pot liquor, and then it got extrapped, extrapulated into uh, these these dogs of slavery chasing after the freedmen in I don't love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've had pot liquor before.
Speaker 1: I thought it was boot liquor.
Speaker 3: No, it's like that. It's like a colar green juice, right am I making this up?
Speaker 2: I guess I don't actually know what pot liquor is.
Speaker 3: I like, it's like a juice that people get their carm.
Speaker 1: Read how do you spell that?
Speaker 2: Like liquor? But lick pot liquor. You're not helping me like liquor, like like alcohol liquor. Yeah, oh I thought you were like no, no, no. Pot liquor. As Wikipedia explains, it is the liquid that is left behind after boiling greens, you're right, or beans. It is sometimes seasoned with salt and pepper, smell pork or smoke turkey. Pot liquor contains high amounts of essential vitamins and minerals.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're right, It is like the juice from the greens left. Oh, I like that, I like pot lickor yeah, py liquor tastes good. But but they're saying that that was originally the hushpuppies because they kept your tummy from growling.
Speaker 1: Ands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or gravy was another option for what it was. So it doesn't sound like, if we're being completely honest, and if I'm gonna put a little bit of a bow on this bad boy, it doesn't sound like there's any truth to hush puppies having been specifically made for quieting dogs as you were escaped from slavery. That said, they're not refuting the possibility that somebody might have thrown whatever the fuck behind them to try to get these dogs to chill out, even for a second as they were escaping.
Speaker 1: That's reasonable. I think we got I think, yeah.
Speaker 2: So you know, the internet did what the internet does, and niggas be lying, But but also you had to do something to get out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that ain't a bad lot of that's a fun that's a cool like you know you connected to history? Why not do I like you?
Speaker 2: You are a fan of fun lies.
Speaker 3: You ain't harming nobody and you bring in some joy sometimes man, it's sometimes it's like it's BLEEPM and he have to build realities for ourselves that are warmer than the ones that you know, get the cold hard that we're getting into it. And then telling yourself and telling people that you used to be the football captain and you toll your a c L at the homecoming game and that's why you were a health coach at a high school. Man. Yeah, saying that you one time you and O Mari smoked up, found a refer Go for it. Man, you ain't hurt nobody. I don't care.
Speaker 2: That's real.
Speaker 3: Every time that cat would would REALI in a in a on a what's the jail line?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like, if I remember correctly, you promoted the show saying O Mario was going to be there.
Speaker 3: And the venue hated that and somebody and saying somebody called him like Mario and like, hey man, can you not man listen listen loing about having another wife. You know what I'm saying. I was just listening to the podcast you have murdered somebody and saying somebody else did it. That's that's out.
Speaker 2: That's not cool.
Speaker 3: You saying that you used to be able to we want people to put your legs on your head, man, go for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that don't hurt nobody. And I will say that you saying you could put your legs behind your head, does it encourages me? It maybe inspires me to try to be someone who can put their legs behind their head. So in that way, you are making me a better person, a stronger me, in a way that I wasn't before. So that that's a good lie. It's an inspired, inspiring lie.
Speaker 3: We all gotta find ways to get into that, yella class mm. We gotta we gotta get motivated to stretch ourselves out and extend ourselves as far as we can ye by any means, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I like this I and I do think if I could, if I could take some of this for our greater conversation. I do think at the end of the day, we love conspiracy theory on this podcast, and we we often are asked whether or not we think conspiracy theory is harmful if it's dangerous, and I do think to your point, it's not about the danger, it's more about the inspiration that conspiracy theory offers us. It makes us stronger, better, happier people if it's managed correctly.
Speaker 3: And I would say one more thing, and that's why y'all shouldn't have got that vaccine. Take the shot, y'all. He's taking a shot.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Mandal. This has been great. Could you tell the people where they can find you on? What cool shit you have going on?
Speaker 3: Man? Find your lord and say Jesus christ Man, No, I'm just playing. I'm on social Instagram, the Mando Man on everything. I'm not doing too much.
Speaker 2: So all right, but following him on on social media and he's hilarious. Some of my favorite Instagram videos just just hilarious. Ship all the time. We love him so much. Boy, you want to tell them where they can find you cool? Got Joke City seven on Instagram? I don't got much either.
Speaker 1: Come to the Comedy Store Sunday, May fifth and seven for our show for the Netflix is a Joke Festival. It's my birthday. I'm turning twenty six years old. I'm a industry industry wonder kin, the young hotshot.
Speaker 2: The industry darling himself will be turning twenty six. You got to be there to see to see all the managers and agents lining up for the opportunity.
Speaker 1: Can you believe he's so young he doesn't remember nine to eleven?
Speaker 2: He should, he's old enough technically, but he was busy that day. And as always, you can follow me at Langston Kerrman on all the social media and yes, please come to that live show. And more importantly, if you want to send us your own drops, if you want to send us your own conspiracy theories, if you want to tell us what hush puppies really mean to you, send it all to imamapod at gmail dot com. Go by merch and mymama told me dot merch table dot com. It's a brand new name, but it's the same old merch and we would love for you to get some if you haven't got it already. And as always, like subscribe, do whatever things you need to do to help the algorithm serve us. We are slaves to the Internet and we will never be free. Uh that's the whole shebang. Bye bitch, the.
Speaker 4: Government, my quot chips in your all Kuala bears are racist. The host layer host.
Speaker 3: The money our turkey stuff.
Speaker 1: I can't tell me.
Speaker 3: The government