Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today.
Speaker 1: Alexis Christopherus with the Stock Movers.
Speaker 4: All right, let's dive right in and start with Qualcoms. That stock's taking a beating here, down about eleven percent pre market. You know, it was not invited to the tech party last year. I took a look at this, down fifteen percent last year, and ahead of these earnings, which weren't so hot, it was down thirteen percent. So here's a story. The chip designers results beating on the top and bottom line. It's forecast was want lighter than expected. Why supply crunch in memory chips going to weigh on the margins and on the smartphone market. Why are we having the shortage because other companies have been talking about this as well, or these memory chips. It's stemming from all the data center developers because of AI the scooping up those chips, and the chip makers are shifting production production to cater to the AI folks who we know are spending really big. Just look at what Google did yesterday, right, committing one hundred and eighty five billion to AI this year. So qualcon coming under a little bit of pressure today in Apple.
Speaker 1: Like a week scene forever ago, it was like nodes. I had to look it up, three nano nodes like you know techie talk, and Apple went like two sixty to two forty three at cratered, I say, and from two forty three, Paul, it's a moonshot almost up to a record high. There you go. My head is spinning.
Speaker 4: Exactly all right, Well you know what else is spinning next? Peloton bikes are spinning here we go. Not in the right direction either. So this stock is down now about ten percent. It was down twenty nine percent last year. It's been going through it for a while. Quarterly earnings here missed the mark, slashed its sales outlook. And remember in the fall it had its first big revamp and all its hardware in years came out with a new treadmills, bike, other products. They were supposed to spark a turnaround didn't happen. It was actually fell three percent last quarter.
Speaker 1: Mature serves Peloton correspondent Paul Sweedio and this so Kelly Curtis and Mystique Row that are the female skeleton riders at the Olympics. Ye are they training on Peloton's book.
Speaker 3: They could be, They could be. I mean that they have a base of customers my girlfriend included die Hard. They're loyal, loyal, Yeah, but again I've always said they have to figure out a way to monetize these people more than just banging you for that fee.
Speaker 4: Every well, they also raise their membership fees in October.
Speaker 3: So does everybody else. You know, every streamer out there, everything, everybody's raising their Kelsey Curtis.
Speaker 1: Is Saint Lawrence University's Springfield College out of Princeton, New Jersey, Ago the whole of skeleton racing.
Speaker 3: You know, she's on the peloton.
Speaker 4: I could picture it, but I just want to leave you a little bit of improvement. Signs of improvement. I guess at Peloton the company improved a sudjusted ebidah outlook by eighteen percent. So the but the CFO also, I know the CFO is going are in last one more let's get it in Esday Lauder down ten percent now it owns brands. We know Max smash Box, Joe Malone lifted its adjusted earnings outlook, but the stock is down because its outlook is failing to reassure investors about the turnaround going on there. Tariff's still going to dent earnings by one hundred million dollars, is what they're saying, Dent sales by one hundred million.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.