Speaker 1: Hey, Discos, need a little more Disgraceland in your life, just to touch, to get you through. Yeah, me too. This is the podcast that comes after the podcast. Welcome to Disgraceland, the after Party. Welcome to the Disgraceland bonus episode, a little thing we like to call the after party. This is the show after the show, the party after the party, the bridge to get you from one full episode of Disgraceland to the other, the backyard to dig into the dirt. On this bonus episode, we are talking about this week's full episode subject on Marilyn Manson. We are previewing the coming b York episode, talking about the worst bands of the nineties, and we go through your voicemails, text DMS emails and as always, a whole lot of rosie. All right, Discos, let's get into it. So I'm reading this great book called Maidens by Alex Mikilitis. I think that's how you pronounce his name. Apology's Alex if I got that wrong. It's one of those modern day I get the Christie type who'd done it. Books that we've talked about here. Books. I love books. I know a bunch of you love as well. And last night, I came across this passage that I thought was super relevant to the music in true crime storytelling that we're doing here. It's short, I'm going to read it to you now. It says a long time ago, psychopathy used to be called simply evil. People who were evil, who took delight in hunting or killing others were written about ever since Mideia took an axe to her children, and probably long before that. The word psychopath was coined by a German psychiatrist in eighteen eighty eight, the same year Jack the Ripper terrorized London from the German word psycho pastiche, literally meaning suffering soul. For Marianna, that's the character in the book. For Mariana, this was the clue, the suffering, the sense that these monsters were also in pain. Thinking about them as victims allowed her to be more rational in her approach and more compassionate. Psychopathy or sadism never appeared from nowhere. It was not a virus infecting someone out of the blue. It had a long prehistory in childhood. And that's the end of the passage. So basically, what that quote is telling us, and what medical history is telling us, is that psychopaths are not born, They're baked in childhood from the suffering that these people experience from their own past trauma. Now, in almost every episode that we've covered here where we dive into a musician's past, particularly the more psychotic musicians, the ones who have allegedly killed like Jerry V. Lewis, those who are sexually abusive, megalomaniacs like Diddy, the psychotically ambitious like Madonna, the violently drug crazed like James Brown, and every one of those cases we find in our research suffering. As the quote that I just read to you says, Now, as always, I'm not excusing these quote unquote suffering souls. I'm simply trying to understand them. And like I've always said, what made James Brown carry a shotgun across cross country police chase and violently abuse women while fueled on crazy amounts of drugs? Okay, what made him do that is the same thing that made one of the greatest musicians in the history of the world. The fact that he was raised in a whorehouse and disciplined as a young boy by being held upside down in a burl bag and beaten with a wooden Stick. Without that trauma, you don't get the drive to become the hardest working man in show business, and you don't get that artistry, and you don't get the psychotic behavior either. Same goes for the rest of the musicians that I mentioned. Now, for those of you who are new to Disgrace ND this week, again, we're not trying to excuse the behavior of these musicians. We're just trying to understand it. So to this week's episode subject, Marilyn Manson, that quote that I read you says that before they had the word psychopath, they just called those who willingly hurt others evil. The introduction of the word introduced the concept of suffering and thus the possibility, I guess, of further understanding. We all understand evil. It's black and white. Psychopathy is a little more gray, a little more complicated. Now, do I think Ditty is a psychopath? Yes? Do I let Ditty off the hook for what he's done? No? Do I understand why he did it? Yeah? I kind of do. As you can tell from the two full Sean Combs episodes that we've released, particularly Part two that dels into his history and the murder of his father, by a notorious Harlem gangster. That trauma, that suffering. It not only allows us to understand what these artists have done, but it also in some cases, not in all, but in some cases, drives the artists to contrition, to empathy. But what about this week's subject, Marilyn Manson. Was his behavior that we detailed in this episode psychotic? Yes, was there past suffering in his life trauma debatable? Now. I was struck when reading Marilyn Manson's autobiography by the fact that there's nearly zero examples of the artist's humanity quite the opposite. In humanity is one of the goals of the artists. In the one time that the artist that Marilyn Manson bends toward humanity, it's for completely selfish reasons, if we're to believe him, because he believes that being humane will help him with his art. So what does that make Marilyn Manson, Well, it makes him unique amongst all the subjects that we've covered. But does his lack of humanity, his striving for inhumanity, not only make him a psychopath but instead make him evil? Truly evil? I don't know the answer to that, but I hope the answer is no, I'm always rooting for the comeback, just like Don Kove and a certain Jewish carpenter, I've always rooting for mercy. Part of what I think is going on here with Marilyn Manson is I think, you know, in his autobiography, I think he's a bit of an unreliable narrator. He's trying, no, I I was about to say desperately, but not desperately. He's trying in the autobiography to paint a picture of a different type of artists, and he does a damn good job in doing that. Now, what we think of that artist is a completely different story. There's been a ton of hate and anger directed to Marilyn Manson in our social posts this week, and I get it. I get the anger. But one poster commented that Marilyn Manson aka Brian Warner has cleaned himself up. In my research, I've come across next to no examples of empathy from Marilyn Manson. I hope it exists. I hope it's there. If anyone's a fan, hit me up, let me know, let me know what I don't know, Okay, If Brian Warner has had some sort of redemption beyond getting just back on the road and filling stadiums and getting his career going again. If he's changed in any demonstrably humane ways, I want to know, so hit me up six point seven nine oh six six sixty three eight on voicemail and text, or at Disgrace lampod on the socials. We'll keep the Marilyn Manson conversation at a low hum. We'll keep that going and figure this out, try and get more into it, because you know, love him or hate him, you just can't get around the fact that he's a fascinating individual. All right, speaking of fascinating individuals like yourselves. This week, for those of you who are new here, let me break it down for you. Okay, let me break it down for you what we do here, all right. On Tuesdays, we release a new full scripted, sound designed episode of Disgraceland, our bread and Butter, so to speak, like we just did this past Tuesday with Marilyn Manson. On Thursdays, we release these after party bonus episodes where we discussed the full episode and where I take your calls and texts relative to the full episodes. Question of the week, which gets asked the week prior, and at the end of the full episodes, on Fridays, we dip into our archive of over two hundred and thirty five full episodes and relaunch a previously released episode. Okay, it's like when that TV show that you used to watch back in the day would air or rerun. Okay. We call these rewind episodes, and we do this because we have so many days episodes, all right. It helps expose new listeners to some of our past hits. Occasionally, those rewind episodes that we release on Fridays are part of a multi episode story, and in that case we release both parts one and two over the weekend, which is what we're doing this Friday and this Saturday with our rewind episodes on The Rolling Stones at Altamont and The Rolling Stones in Exile. These are two of my favorite episodes on one of my favorite bands of all time, and I cannot wait for you guys to hear them if you have not already. If you have, I can't wait for you to re listen and get your deeper insight when we talk again next week. Now, Next week on Tuesday is our new episode. Our next new episode on b York and the truly psychotic man, not a musician, truly psychotic man who tried to murder her. Okay, this is our swing at one of those old school nineties obsession suspense thrillers. All right, that's what we try to do in this episode. So when you're listening to that episode, guys, be thinking about is the b York story the wildest story of obsession and deranged fandom in music history. It's pretty fucking deranged, as you shall hear. But if it's not the most arranged, or if it is, either way, I want to hear your thoughts on it. Six poet seven nine or six six sixty three eight, voicemail and text with your answers, and you might hear yourself on next week's after party. All right, I'm gonna take a quick break and drink some tea, gonna give my voice arrest. I'll be back in a flash though, with your calls text and DMS on last week's question of the week of the most subversive artists of the nineteen nineties. Background after this, all right, guys, we are back, And as I say every week, you know where I'm Adam in the phone booth, it's the one across the hall. I am hanging on the telephone six one seven nine oh six six six three eight. You want to get your voicemails into me? You want to get your text into me? Six one seven nine oh six six six three eight. Real quick before we get into the calls and the text and the emails and all that. Please Apple podcast listeners, those of you who are new, especially new Apple podcast listeners, make sure you have auto downloads turned on for this show for disgrace and that way you don't miss an episode ever. All right, last week we released our episode on the Go Gos, and we followed that up on Friday with a rewind episode on Madonna. The Go Gos episode prompted this conversation of the greatest girl groups of all time, and we went through some some lists that we found online, and strangely enough, despite having despite being the only group of female musicians in the history of the world who had a number one album, the Go Gos were left off a lot of those lists. And you guys, clearly were want to talk about that, and you want to talk about some of the greatest girl groups of all time. In addition to the Go gos and I want to give you guys a little more space here on this subject. So let's check out this voicemail from Katie in the four to one four.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jake, this is Katie from the four one four. Yeah, I know it's a nine to one number, but I'm a time flint anyway, I'm waits the game for the best all female rock bands of all time. But after listening to the after party, I am so disappointed that Hanny was not even part of the conversation. They were self taught musicians and wrote all their own music. There's the first all female band to put out a full length album on a major label, which.
Speaker 3: Was none other than the Beatles'.
Speaker 2: Label, Apple Records, and they were the first all female bands to achieve a top forty hit in nineteen seventy one. They were one of David Behi's favored bands, and he has said about the un quote they were one of the finest fucking rock bands of their time. They were extraordinary. They wrote everything they played like motherfuckers was just colossal and wonderful, and nobody ever mentions him. They're just as important as anybody else who's ever been and ever, it just flenn't their time. All that evidence and a Bowie endorsement. They absolutely are just top spot on that Greatest of All Times list. You definitely got to check.
Speaker 4: Him out later, Katie.
Speaker 1: I this is why I love discos, This is why I love the Disgrace Handlis series. I have never ever even heard of Fanny. I've never heard of Fanny. Unbelievable. I just looked them up while I was listening to your call, and I can't wait to listen to him. Thank you so much, Apple Records, so you know it's going to be real. David Bowie endorsement and for all the reasons you just mentioned, Katie, thank you so much. Everyone else, get into Fanny, give him a spin, Get back to us, Get back to Katie, let us know what you think. Six one seven nine oh six sixty sixty three eight voicemail and text eight one two calls in with the following voicemail.
Speaker 3: Hey Jake, I'm sorry trying this one more time because I am awkward on the phone. I just wanted to point out the Slits as an all group band that contributed a lot to punk rock specifically, and then the other person I wanted to point out not an all girl group, but as a front woman that hasn't been mentioned as polystyrene from the X ray specs. I feel like they deserve a mentioned regardless of how awkward I am. And yeah, that's it, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Eight one two not awkward at all. Your voicemas are always welcome here. Thank you. And I have to admit I think we did. I think someone did mention the Slits briefly. Maybe it was on social media. It wasn't in the after party, but I have to admit I've of course heard of the Slits. I'm sure I have heard the Slits, but I've never never actively sat down and listened to a Slitz album. So callback or textback six ones, have a nine oh six six sixty three eight and tell me where to start. Give me one one song or preferably one record, one album for me to start with. For the Slits. Appreciate the wreck and the call eight one two, Thank you very much. All right, moving on to where are we going here? Let's go to Toronto the four to one.
Speaker 4: Six Jake, It is Diana calling from Toronto. I just listened to the Marilyn Nanson episode. It was incredible. I saw them open for Nine inch Nails in ninety six in Toronto. It was incredible. They absolutely blew nine inch nails out of the water and nine to nails through an amazing show that night. Yeah, they they were great, and you know, it takes a bunch of madness to create art that good. But my interest in that artist begins and ends with how they treat people consentually. Anyway, you mentioned Al Jorgenson in that episode, Uncle Al. I would love to hear an episode on Al Jorgenson. Such an interesting person. And uh yeah, thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Have a great day, Diana, preciate you a great call. Thank you so much. Al Jorgensen from Ministry is definitely on our list. He has been for a long, long, long while. I know there are exillion stories out there, but I'm interested in the sort of depravity and the crime, assuming there's some true crime to Al's pass. But I'm also just interested in that scene, that industrial scene, and digging more into it. There's it's just so rich and there's gonna be a lot of vivid details I'm sure that spring from that research. So pumped to get into Uncle Al. As you say, thanks to the call, Diana up there in Toronto six one seven, nine oh six sixty six three eight. You guys want to call me a voicemail, send me a text nine three seven texts in Hey must say it was genius that the tune used from the melotron for the Marilyn Manson episode was Winnie Cooper Broke My Heart. The Wonder Years ty in did not go unnoticed. Rock a rolla bill from the nine three seven Bill from the nine three seven. I gotta say, back when I was I was a little kid myself, Sean Hastings up on Birded Hill, we were crushing hard on Winnie Cooper. So obviously the Paul from Winnie Cooper rumor gave us this in I've mentioned Winnie Cooper prior in episodes in the show. I don't know where, back in the past somewhere. If someone hears it right back in, let me know. Six seven eight rights in, Hey, Jake, I think you should do a hair metal episode on whoever you dislike the most? But seriously, I think most influential of their generation is George Michael John Jony from the six seven eight Jony, thank you so much. Yikes, who who do I dislike the most? From the hair metal scene. That's tough. That's tough. It would probably be whoever is sort of the most, whoever has the most lack of humor about themselves. You know what I liked about Poison Brett Michael's aside. I liked that CC, even though I hated the band, I liked that C. C. Deville was in on the joke. You know, he kind of had this attitude like I just I just want to play guitar, man, I don't know why got me dressed like a fucking cue tip, you know, like he's got the white hair, the white sneakers. I think that dude was genuinely I could be wrong, but I think he was genuinely like into New York Dolls, into Johnny Thunders, and that's kind of what he wanted to be. But he ended up in that band. And I love that sense of humor, being able to laugh at yourself about the ridiculousness of yourself and your music. And I mean that goes for the great rock and roll bands. All of them are ridiculous. Some love. I mean, it's a fucking rock and roll I mean, after spinal Tap, you know, the veil was lifted. We know what's happening, so I don't know. To Jony's point here, if there are any hair metal bands that just are not in on the joke that took themselves very seriously, hit me up, let me know. Maybe I'll dig into that. I don't know. I don't like being overly negative, but it is an interesting angle. Jewels from the four two five up in Seattle, texting, Hey, I grew up in LA and your show about the Go Gos takes me back. I was hunk back then and too young for clubs, but a friend of mine knew the doorman at the Whiskey got to see the police when Sting was still chubby and they were all sunburned as hell. I don't recall, but I think that night at the Mask my friend got into a fight with the singer from the Dickies. Good times, love your shows, love the personal recollection here, Jules appreciate you six one seven nine six six six three eight you want to hit me up? Six one seven texts and hey, there's no way we didn't cross paths in the pit or at Pizzeria Regina or Newberry Comics are all three Back in the day in Harvard Square I was neither a punk or a metal head so much as a hard rocker who was friends with both. That's kind of like what I was, really, I mean, yeah, really. It goes on to say the most memorable night was his metal head with crazy long red hair named Kyle, who was first to get his hands on nineteen eighty seven's Garage Days re Revisited before anyone else, and he unwrapped the cassette, threw it in his boombox, and we all listened to it for the first time that night, and we were blown away. I can remember that I wasn't there, but I had my own exact experience with Garage Days. I remember it was coming. We were all waiting for it down at City Hall Music on High Street in Clinton, mass and I think they had the poster up before the album was even available at the store, and we were just salivating. Wanted to hear the first taste of Metallica without Cliff Burton, of course, Jason Newstead. What a great, great, great piece of music. Garage Days eighty seven. Damn, that was a long time ago. Six one seven nine oh six six six three eight. You guys want to hit me up on voicemail or text on anything. That's how you do it. Gonna want to hear next week your answers to the question of the week regarding B York in our B York episode which is coming up, and that's going to be, of course, is the B York Story, the emblematic story of the most obsessed fan in music history, Taylor Swift. Fans, if you're listening, you might have something to say about this, But check out that Buyork episode. Get at me, let me know six one seven nine oh six six six three eight on the voicemail in the text machine. You can also DM me at disgracelam pod active on Instagram, active on x active on Facebook as well, if that is your chosen form of communication. I am here for Justin g on Facebook right saying, hey, poor old Fatty always getting the bum wrap. Justin's talking about our Hollywood Land episode today on Fatty Arabuckle. I'll talk about that a little bit later in the episode. Christopher Labella right, say hey, Jake, where's Van Halen? Part three? I can't find it? Go Gos were great. Took me right back to nineteen eighty two eighty four when I was eight to ten years old watching him on MTV. Christopher, there is no part three on van Halen. I think we said all there needs to be said about van Halim. But Christopher, if you disagree, write us back and let us know. Guys at Disgrace lamp Pod on Facebook, on Instagram, you want to hit me up, let me know anything that's on your mind. I'm around. I'm here for you. I'm here for you every single week. You know that. I don't let you down, unlike some certain sports teams I can name, but I'm not gonna do that. I'm not going to do that in the sports. In the thirty second sports rant, Matt, give me a little ticking clock. I know you can do it. Give it to me, give it to me, given me. I'm just gonna say, right now, the fucking Red Sox, the fuck with the Red Sox. Okay, this has been building. You heard it last week. It's it's at a point where I'm almost fully bailed on the season. And again it's the beginning of June. Okay, I bought my son a Mets hat the other day. I know Jan Soto's in a slump. I don't care. I need something to root for. In Major League Baseball, and these Red Sox are beyond a disappointment. Okay, that's it. That's it. That's the sports rant. I'm gonna keep it light this week. I don't want to be cynical. I don't want to be negative, but they are forcing me. They are backing me into a fucking quarter. I'll be back after this with the Hollywood ab minute. All right, we are back. Thank you very much for sticking around with us. Hey, quick shout out to Disco Laney. Laney's a long time listener Disgrace Land. She's in our Patreon chat and she let us know she had a proud mom moment. Let us know that her son, Brandon, congrats Brandon. Brandon is starring in their town's production of The Million Dollar Quartet, and Brandon is playing Johnny Cash. And I just think that is Brandon's going to be a real cool motherfucker to play Johnny Cash. So congratulations Brandon as Johnny Cash. She said to Bob Dylan before we took the stage, I say to you, go track some mud on the carpet, all right. I mentioned Patreon. Patreon is where all Access members come to chop it up with me. And get a little more conversation going. In addition to that conversation, All Access Disgraceland. All Access members also get ad free listening of Disgraceland and and hollywood Land. All right, we just added that feature this week. Plus, All Access members get one extra exclusive episode of Disgraceland per month. Our last one was on David Crosby. Not sure who are the one is on this month? I should know. I should be able to tell you that, Matt maybe chime in here. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The next episode is on Shannon Hoon, the lead singer for nineties band Blind Melon.
Speaker 1: Okay, more on hollywood Land listen exciting news. All right. First of all, for those of you who are like, what the fuck is hollywood Land? Who is this guy? Sorry he's talking about Disgraceland. I was talking about Hollywoodland. For those of you who are new here, hollywood Land is the other podcast that I host, which is basically just like Disgraceland, but instead of music and true crime, it's Hollywood actors, actresses, directors, et cetera, and their true crime stories artists like Jack Nicholson, David Lynch, John Waters, Drew Barrymore, Maril Monroe. In eight ton More. This week we're talking about Roscoe Fatty Arabuckle in the Crime of the Century. And guys, here's the news. We just launched our Rap Party bonus episodes in the hollywood Land Feed, which is me and my guys. Zeth Lundy, who has worked for and with Double Elvis for years as a showrunner and a writer, and who wrote most of the hollywood Land episodes Rap Party is Zeth hosting and I'm in there as his co host, and we're cutting up that week's subject. We're getting into our recommendations over there, what we're watching, what we're reading, what we're listening to, all inspired by that week's hollywood Land episode. Okay. We're also also taking your calls and voicemails over in the Rap Party as well, so now you have one hundred percent more chance of hearing yourself in one of our podcasts Rap Party episodes. They're coming out every week every Wednesday. There's one available right now, go check it out after this. The Rap Party episodes come out on Wednesdays after our full Hollywoodland episodes on Monday. If you are not subscribed or following, please search Hollywood Land wherever you get your podcasts like Subscribe and follow. Here's a clip from our most recent Rap Party episode.
Speaker 5: This part of the Rap Party is all about recommendations music and movie recommendations, but they are recommendations inspired by the actor or actress or director whoever we're covering this week in our full episode of Hollywood Land, So Fatty Arbuckle being this week's subject and looking ahead to next week's subject, John Belushi, We've got big dudes on the brain. So to that end, Jake, I need some big dude music, Rex, what do you got?
Speaker 1: John Belushi made me think about Blues Brothers, made me think about John Lee Hooker, made me think about this song I'm obsessed with by John Lee Hooker called grinder Man, which, yes, which to me is the sound of violence, and you wouldn't know so from the lyrics. The lyrics are about a baseball player, but it's a double entendre for second, and it just sounds so fucking mean. It was recorded for the Stacks label, which doesn't make a lot of sense for John Lee Hooker, but somehow it all works when.
Speaker 5: It comes to movies. I was thinking about big dudes and movies, Big funny dudes and movies, which is obviously a long list. John Goodman, who has been in a billion movies, I know, But my John Goodman recommendation is this movie called Barton Fink from nineteen ninety one, directed by Joel and Ethan Cohen, two of the greatest to ever do it. Barton Fink is really it's unlike any other movie. It's strange, it's horrifying, it's funny, and if you're a creative person, if you write, or you paint, or you make music or whatever, it will hit you hard because it's about this playwright named Barton Fink played by John Cicero, who moves from New York to Los Angeles in nineteen forty one in order to write scripts for Hollywood. So he's basically taking He's going from this brainy, aready playwright to being a paid screenwriter in Hollywood to write schlock. Right, And then there's this sweaty, intense as fuck performance by John Goodman, a guy who who isn't what he says he is. And all I gotta say is that once you see this, there's this one scene with him running down this hallway of a hotel, and it's the whole thing is on fire and he's screaming. You will never be able to look at Joungleman the same way twice.
Speaker 1: All right, I've never seen that. I've never seen Barton fink. Any check this out. It's gonna take your recommendation, all right. Guys, Like I said, make sure you are subscribed to Hollywood Land on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcast. Next week we get an episode on the One in Only John Belushi, So make sure, like I said, you're subscribed following however they term it in whatever podcast app you guys use. All right, disgracing pod at gmail dot com. You want to send me an email on any subject, all right? This email comes from a fellow by the name of Ed Trask, subject the Go Gos message. The presentation of the Go Gos coming out of a West Coast punk rock scene layered in historic drudge and creative prowess writing their own songs and landing into pop music history was well done. But I love the idea that there are plenty of all girl punk rock bands that wrote their own songs and in their eyes, succeeded in changing and influencing punk and rock bands that I toured with or watched and loved. Examples being L seven Bikini Kill, Lunicic, Seven Year, Bitch Babes, and Toyland Pussy Riot Bratmobiles Shown a Knife, to name a few. These bands obviously never had the pop cultural impact and success of the Go Gos, but had plenty of stories of grit, will and talent which helped them fight to become successful touring bands. The question being what actually is success, especially after the Nirvana major label feeding frenzy. Were you a successful band because you had two records on labels like Discord or Touch and Go Or were you a success when you signed a major labeled deal? Cheers Ed Trask eighth four Ed, the answer to your question is the latter, sorry, the former, you were a success. So yeah, if you were a Discord Records or Touch and Go and you had a couple records out and you were out there torn and planting people in different cities who were coming to see you and paying tickets to see you beyond your immediate region of local fans, I say that's a success. I say success is can you can you fill a club, a reasonable size club and a bunch of different cities outside of your own and sustain yourself as a musician. That to me is a success. Now, of course that's going to change for the musician as they get older and as they try to do different things and they have different goals all that stuff. Obviously, I don't think you're saying that. I was saying that the Go Gos were a success because there were a major label band and had a number one record, and that's not what I was saying. They were, of course the success. They were the biggest success with that number one album. That was my point number one success of all girl groups with that number one album. The bands you mentioned a bunch of them I actually had the opportunity to see and play with back in the nineties and they were phenomenal. I saw L seven L seven actually Bikini Kill, played with the Lunachics a couple times. I think I played with seven Year Bitch, Saw Babes and Toyland. Never saw Pussy Riot or Brat Mobile, Saw Shown a Knife. Just incredible bands, incredible time and history for females in music doing it in the punk world in the underground. It was I don't know, I don't know if there'll be another time like it hard for me to put my finger on what made it so special here on the spot, but it's something that I want to delve into. You've compelled me, Ed Trask and the A to oh four. I appreciate the email. Guys. If you haven't heard those bands Lunachics, Shown a Knife, seven Year, Bitch, Babes, and Toyland, et cetera, go check them out. All right, Guys, you want to support the show, head over to Apple Podcasts, head over to Spotify. Leave a review for the show, all right, say something positive. If you're new here and you like what you hear, leave a review. Share the show with a friend. Every week I read review here from Apple, Spotify, from a listener, listener reviews, and if you hear your review here on the podcast, hit me up, email, text, DM, whatever, and I'll get you a little something special in the mail because I appreciate you, and you know it's it's a necessity. The reviews, the reviews helped the show grow. They help discovery, they help other people find it. They helped the algorithm force it out ed MASA five one seven rights the only reason I listen to podcasts five stars. What can I say I've been listening to the Disgrace Lamp pod since its beginning. I've turned many friends and anyone that will listen on to this podcast. The wide variety of artists from many different genres is what makes this podcast a great listen at any time. Rock A rolla ed. Thank you so much, my friend. I appreciate you. Chastity Denett over on Spotify rights. Hey, this is in relation to the Marilyn Manson episode. Great episode. Saw sober Manson perform at Welcome to Rockville last month, and it was truly one of the best performances of the entire festival. So there you go. Manson is sober. Thanks for the reviews. Get in touch. Okay, you guys, something in the mail. This episode is nearing its end everybody, But actually it's not nearing its end for everybody. For those of you who are All Access members, you're gonna get a little bit more of the bonus episode here. Gonna be talking about we were talking about the most subversive bands from the nineties. I'm gonna talk about some of the worst bands from the nineties. And again, I don't like to be negative, but I'm looking at some past rock journalism and I'm gonna I'm gonna bring you a list and we're gonna we're gonna get into it here in the exclusive section of this after party Worst Bands from the Nineties. You guys, want to become a member, You want to get in on this conversation, want to get in on the conversation with me on the Patreon chat. You want that ad free listening experience, you want an extra episode per month, Just go to disgrace lampod dot com slash membership five bucks a month. It's all costs. You can become a member, you can support the show. We appreciate it. Gonna get a ton more content. All right, we are back. And if you weren't part of that conversation we just had the bonus after party section here of this episode, you missed out on some good convo about the worst bands of the nineties. And I was thrown a heater there I was. I had a lather worked up. I was into it real quick. Here, let's just dig into a mention. I should say a couple of the artists from our archive who were discussed in this episode, who we have episodes on, who you guys can go check out and if you're interested in any of these subjects, just check the show notes. Matt Boden. We'll have the show in episode information there for you so you can easily find them in our archive. We talked about Sean Diddy Combs, got two episodes on Sean Combs and we will have more in the future. We talked about James Brown, you know. And again the archive is just stuffed with so many artists. Willie Nelson, Cardi b the Beatles, We've got nine episodes on the Beatles, Nipsey Hustled, the Grateful Dead. It's really truly endless, So just dive in, check stuff out, Get at me if you have any questions six one, seven, nine oh six, six sixty three eight voicemail and text at Disgrace lamb pod on the Socials, and I'll get back to you with my answers on those episodes. All right, let's recap, shall we. Number one? My other podcast, Hollywoodland, is alive and kicking over in the Hollywoodland feed, so make sure you are subscribed in following Hollywood Land on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts, and check out our recent episode on Fatty our Buckle right now in your Disgraceland feed. Our episode on Marilyn Manson number three coming tomorrow and Saturday. Our rewind episodes on The Stones at Altamont and The Stones in Exile next Tuesday. Our brand new episode on B York More Nineties Madness Byork B York Byorke. Number four merch winners, Get in Touch. You know who you are? Number five. Remember no one cares about preserving the true spirit of rock and roll more than you do. And well that is a disgrace, all right. In honor of this week's subject, Marilyn Manson, this is me reading you the Billboard charts of number one songs for the day Manson's album Anti Christ Superstar was released, and forever redefine what subversion means for pop music. That was on October eighth, nineteen ninety six. Here you go. Number one. Macharna Los del Rio last week one, peak position one weeks on chart forty three. Number two, I Love You Always Forever week Donald Lewis last week peak position number two weeks on chart seventeenth week number three, It's all coming back to Me Swinging Dion last seven, peak position number five weeks on Check number four twisted positions of cheat sweating last week, pak position for water change for weeks on charms seventeen last number five. We're going got five fours Last check Peposi changs quit talking and start mixing.
Speaker 2: Cut