Speaker 1: A media.
Speaker 2: Live but recorded on tape from New York City the iHeartRadio Studios. It's goddamn better offline And I'm the chief of pigs at Zitron. Today I'm joined by Jeremy Capowitz of the Coreators podcast, and I'm so excited to have you here because your podcast has found I would say, some of history's detritus. Yeah, it's become one of the worst best places online. But just for the listeners who may have just ignored Cora.
Speaker 1: What is Cora?
Speaker 2: Just?
Speaker 1: Quorra is a website where you can ask questions and then people answer it. But it is very much like Reddit meets Facebook, I would say, right, so two of the worst websites combined to you know, sort of like a super saying way to create it even where website wonderful.
Speaker 2: So how long have you been doing the podcast?
Speaker 1: I've been doing in like two years, since September twenty twenty two. And why what brought you to So? We really wanted to do a podcast that wouldn't be hard to do, right, it only figured Quorra has endless degenerates to look at and point at and laugh at.
Speaker 2: Right, So what is your favorite one You've found recently. Give me a good example.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think there's a lot of like perverts on Quorra. I'm listening. For some reason, people go to Quora to like act out their sexual fantasies, but they don't want to like see it, so they'll, I don't know what it is. They'll they'll like write down a question that's like have you ever had a girl pea on you? And then like they'll be like they want people be like, oh, yeah, what time it was? I was so naughty? And I guess then they're jacking off to it or something. We found a bunch of weird We found a whole community of people who swim with their clothes on okay, which I imagine is a fetish of some kind, but they were all posting photos of it and stuff. It's all these like older guys like in lakes and pools.
Speaker 2: And they dressed how they dressed with normal clothes, like just like walking around what you're in right now, okay if you were taking like a sexy photoshoot of you jumping.
Speaker 1: Into a falling in a pool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And are there lots of these perverts on that realized.
Speaker 1: We're very pervert who many perverts. It's like cops and perverts and racists, which could all be the same thing. I mean, yeah, it's a weird it's a very weird website. So but wait, the cops. What are the cops doing on that? Cops? They're talking about safety. There's all these like sub quoras that are like subreddits but for qua and there's a lot of them that are like how to deal with thugs in your neighborhood?
Speaker 2: But wait, so you say the sub chorus, Yeah, is this being people published there as well? It's not just questioning answer.
Speaker 1: I mean those are where people are still doing questions, but they're like collecting them in a group.
Speaker 2: Like how do I stop the stumbag from shooting?
Speaker 1: Yes, And there's a lot of like retired cops who are like writing novels insane. A lot of them literally are writing books of like because a lot of people have become famous on Core. The big one is Jordan Peterson. Jordan Peterson got his start answering Cora questions and people are like, you should put this in a book, and then.
Speaker 2: Those people, we should find those people, yes and stop them.
Speaker 3: How do I deal with the fact that, yeah, the Shrek and Fiona should not be to Kevin like right, but really he came from Cora.
Speaker 2: That makes me so angry.
Speaker 1: With Cora created Jordan Peterson.
Speaker 2: That is fucking horrible.
Speaker 1: It's really sad.
Speaker 2: What was he asking about?
Speaker 1: He was answering, So he's a big answerer. So he's the guy going in there being like, actually, if you swim in your clothes, it's a better fold around your penis. I don't like the idea of pervert. I like to be called a sauctorial.
Speaker 2: Yet that's horrible and they must be even are there any other famous Kora freaks.
Speaker 1: I think he's the only one who became famous from Korra, but orson Scott kard is on there. He is the author of enders Game ow who he wrote a bunch of sci fi novels and is like famously a insane crank. I don't know if you know anything about him. I don't. So he wrote enders Game, which is a book about the government abducting children and making them fight wars against aliens, right right, totally normal staff happens. And then in like the two thousands he went crazy and he's like very Mormon, and he was like super anti Obama. He was like, if Obama wins, there will be gangs of black people going around the country killing everybody. Oh my god. So he was you know, obviously write about some stuff, but no, he was crazy that he he's like super duper like anti gay people, even though his books are like very homo erotic. And there's like this very famous, very strange and Enders game where Ender beats the guy up by soaping himself. He gets really naked and then puts soap over his body so that the bad guy can't like catch him. He's like a very strange dude, that is, but he was a big core guy. Yeah, he's still on there to this, he's just I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can look, but it means I just love the idea because see what he's up to Cora seems horrible. Just want to be abundantly clear because I was a yah who answers freak, but I was just someone who looked. I just it was like an ANSWER's voyeur. And there's of course the very famous y'all who answers, how is Babby formed?
Speaker 1: Now go get pregnant?
Speaker 2: I need to do way and stay mother who killed dea Babby's I could say the whole thing, but I won't. But Cora feels different somehow. It feels like it's got a degree of LinkedIn poisoning almost.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There's also full names on there, so.
Speaker 2: It's all like, no one's anonymous, some people are.
Speaker 1: I mean, we've come across one guy whose name is I Am a Pizza and he posts every day he asked how can I get eaten? Okay, just so he's not I don't think that's his legal name, but he's on there.
Speaker 2: Just my name is I'm a Pizza.
Speaker 1: I Am a Pizza is his name?
Speaker 2: And is it just questions around how he can get eaten?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's literally what it is.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: How can I get someone to eat me? How can I get eaten? Every day?
Speaker 2: It's nothing sexual, I mean, I mean perhaps just the process of being sexual, like of course, sure, that's are there a lot of bit style accounts like that.
Speaker 1: There definitely are. There's definitely trolls on there. There's a lot of Christian baby questions. That's a big thing on quorra, like, uh, what would you do if you're skydiving with a Christian baby and the baby says I'm not gonna pull my parachute unless you renounce atheism and.
Speaker 2: Accept Jesus Christ. Okay, well they asposed to be a gotcha. The answer there is just I'll say whatever I need to. It's a fucking bab exactly. They're very stupid, like just they're not intellectuals. That there's hundreds of it, And how are the responses? Do people take them very seriously or do they take them more like they they kind of like, is it like Twitter where you get like fifty percent honest people and fifty percent yeah being on funn.
Speaker 1: Well it's not Twitter because they're not unfunny, but it'll be fifty percent people answering it and fifty percent people being like, how dare you bring this to my question website where discourse is meant to be done.
Speaker 2: Wait, so got card back? Oh okay, okay, so that's answered three hours ago, four hours ago. He's there every day.
Speaker 1: Get a job. I know he's on there just people being like, well, how do you write a book? And he's like, I wrote enders game in nineteen seventy.
Speaker 2: Five, and back then I had the dinosaur that you're back on the head. Yeah, that's that's like this listeners who are not gonna love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just a lot of stuff about what he's just giving, like relationship advice.
Speaker 2: In some spots it's not brilliant, but he's still anything you've told me about. Is there a large like relationship advice?
Speaker 1: Sure, Yeah, there's definitely that kind of stuff. There's a lot of like famously bad ones where it's hard to tell if it's like legit. I mean there's just children on there who being like how do I get this girl to like me or whatever?
Speaker 2: And in some ways that feels quite honest, like what the Internet is really form. But with the perverts and degenerates on that, it's pretty bad.
Speaker 1: That there's a place that we have found a bunch of times called like teen Fund Zone. Those were like teens to hang out, and it's just like, how many of these people are undercover cops? Like that's my question from how many of them are scenes? Probably a small percent.
Speaker 2: And so you've seen the generative AI aspect, right, yes, Yeah, So there's this thing now called Quora prompt Generator.
Speaker 1: Oh good, that is making questions that they think people want to ask in the future, and it's like very hidden. You have to to even find the question answer in general, Enqure's like the worst UI. You have to like click on like three dots and then go down to question log and then scroll all the way to the bottom and see the question. And now it'll just say like created by a Quora prompt AI or whatever. And it's just these bizarre questions we've come across from right now and then.
Speaker 2: And when you've got any fun examples, Yeah, I have so many of them, Please please shod them because I think we should both listen to them and answer.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is one that we've found on our podcast. Right, should the Grinch be able to kill a who whenever he wants? According to Halloween is Grinch Night? So that is completely generative. Yeah, that, I mean, I don't quite know how it works. Apparently it's like scrubbing these from somewhere, like I saw some people suggest, because there's no like answer from core. They don't tell you, like they're not saying, like you've announced our new AI.
Speaker 2: It's just going over that again. Halloween Night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we looked this up Halloween as Grinch Night was like a movie from like the eighties or something.
Speaker 2: Did it bequeath the Grinch with like a license to kill, Like is this a purge situation?
Speaker 1: I really I don't know.
Speaker 2: But what were the answers?
Speaker 1: Like, So this one had no answers on it.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: And we made sure just to like keep things above board, we wrote no Grinches should have to respond to their programming, just so the computer knows.
Speaker 2: Grinches should have to. So this is the suggestion that Grinch is some sort of autumaton.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know, I just feel like I.
Speaker 2: Take questions very seriously on this podcast, So.
Speaker 1: Like I just don't like that the computer is asking, like is it cool to kill?
Speaker 2: Ye? And then we're all like no, on the terms of Halloween Night the Grinch right about Grinch should not kill?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Mmmm any other good ones? Because I be thinking about Halloween Knight. This is a continuation of this theme. This the computer asked, how can someone live with a decomposed body in the fridge for months without others noticing they live alone? Like that's the answer, But.
Speaker 1: Doesn't it feel like the computer wants to know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does, you know what I'm saying. The person asked both of these questions. Yeah, you'd be like, are you the grunch is that your fra are you gonna kill someone?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you kill someone? Do you have a decomposing body in our house?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The really answer is that they just tell people that they have a smelly apartment or whatever. Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 2: Just be a loser. Yeah, just don't let anyone in your apartment when the body's there.
Speaker 1: I understand that the AI isn't thinking that it's just the next word generator, but it's concerning that that's the next words that it's generating.
Speaker 2: Adam DiAngelo to see. Of course he's on the board of Open AI. Yeah, he was part of the people being like, we have to bring back Samuel when we need this technology. We need this technology, we need Cora to come up with crazy questions. I actually think that this is kind of almost a sign of the future for what meta is going to.
Speaker 1: Be, Like, yeah, I think that's right.
Speaker 2: It's are the tons like does it just still out all day?
Speaker 1: There's like people have like there's a community where people like find their favorite ones and right, right, so that I found like ten of them that I put in. There's this one's just like false infots. How much territory did America acquire from the purchase of Greenland.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's just like really good. Yeah, so this is how much of this is there on the deal. So you say it's quite hard to find the generator, right or is it hard to find these questions?
Speaker 1: Well, it's hard to find the if you go to like the generator doesn't give you a list of them. So it's just like this was made by quorra Ai and to find the actual question, like, it's just a pain in the ass where I can show you. So that kind of burying them back. Yeah, So like if this is what the question looks like, it just looks like somebody is asking a regular question and there's all these people answering and there's related questions. And to know that it's cora a, I have to go to more and then you go to view question in details and then it says prompt.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. So just for the listeners, I'll post a link to something like this as well. So what this means is you can get these questions and they appear like they're asked by a human, yes, except they're written like yeah, like somewhat a human that has a guest lead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. And it says it's prompts are intended to capture questions people may have in the future.
Speaker 2: Just me walking around my house being like, well, what if the crunch could kill people Halloween? And shit, well I don't have time. Well, thankfully they've already asked it, but no one answered, right, yeah, just be You know what the best thing is going to be when they just have them answer it and they have an AI answer it. You just have an auto qua.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure there are AI answers. Oh, I'm sure he's coming across some that feel like, I mean, it could just be weird people.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing. It sounds like you've got like a perversion element that really throws that.
Speaker 1: I am both disappointed and.
Speaker 2: Happy to hear about the amounts of perverts theater det But that.
Speaker 1: Kind of means the quorra is keeping up.
Speaker 2: But actually it sounds like they're really trying to fill like plummet with this fucking AI shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they said that something to do with like they just want more questions on the site.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course they do, so, yeah, keep looking at the site. But the UI of the site does not appear to have changed.
Speaker 1: Now, it's terrible it's really bad.
Speaker 2: I will admit the reason I don't use Cora, other than the fact that I know everything, is every time I go on there, I'll be like, oh, click on, I'll look for a question. It would be like a question to when I's like, I don't know, like who do you think the best baseball player in this year? It is like because I only started watching baseball fairly recently, and it will be like answer then like an ad of some sort, then like a wallet Hub sponsored piece of content, being like how do I save one thousand dollars a month? And it's just eighteen affiliate lens. Yeah, this feels like it's the advertising elements taken over Cora. But these don't even seem like they're advertising.
Speaker 1: They just feel like it's bizarre. And there's also if Sometimes you'll see an answer that's like really long and you're like, oh, that's interesting, and it'll cut off and be like you have to subscribe to Kora plus for five dollars a month. It's just the better answers are on there. I guess, are you fucking serious? It's the worst website? What the fuck is that? It's really bad? But the good thing about core is that you people put their full names and like address. So sometimes we'll find a guy who's like, you know, every one of their posts is like I love to shit in a diaper. I get off on its actually, and then they'll be like, I live in this town in Indiana. Here's my full name and photo. That's it's so weird.
Speaker 2: It's like you've got like a combination of ai islap and just the purest old school Internet disgusting people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so okay, we've got a perverts, we've got our cops. Are there any other weird subcultures you've noticed on there?
Speaker 1: There's a lot of politics on there, a lot of people argument from There's like a bunch of like Trump and and you know Democrat spaces that battle it out where people say like is uh old bo I'm about to get arrested tomorrow and people are like, no, he's not. He's our greatest man alive. And they go back and forth, and there's memes.
Speaker 2: So it's not even like a necessarily logical questions.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, just total like QAnon stuff is on there, and.
Speaker 2: So it's not particularly moderated them not really, No, there's not does it seem to be eddie moderation on Cora. Do you see any kind of like hate speech? Hate speech?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all the time, people say, oh, there's definitely like sorters on Gora. We found a guy recently who said his bio said we need a white president. She said, American Americans for white president Jesus Christ. Yeah, and sometimes again, sometimes it's both, Like we found one that was like why did Joe Biden let Obama make him his slave and all that stuff? And then like right after it'll be like, how do I get like my sister to fall in love with me? Like it's like, wait, what We'll be combined the perverts and the races.
Speaker 2: Oh my god? So are there any like so there must be sports people? Are they all giving two? Is everyone just kind of arguing all the time?
Speaker 1: You know what, None of us on our podcast are really sports people. So maybe there is and we're just not seeing it. But I haven't interacted too much with sports Quorra, but I'm sure they're on no and they must be insane. Yeah, I'm still I'm still blown away that there was a Cora. Plus. Yeah, it's it's bizarre. We refuse to pay for it. We're not.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do it this podcast a while. That's so good, that's so good that you staid fastly. Yeah, you dollars.
Speaker 1: I have emailed him many times as.
Speaker 2: He does not he does not get he doesn't get back to you, Adam D'Angelo. It's a permanent thing. The coreators will have you on and you can come on better offline as well. But I only have very specific questions around Halloween night, and then you will leave. I have no further question.
Speaker 1: Now, that's what I know. If a Gridge is allowed to kill a who and.
Speaker 2: He said a grinch, right, I think it was.
Speaker 1: Actually, let's check.
Speaker 2: This oute because I feel like the proper like, if it's the owner of that, shouldn't the Grench be able to.
Speaker 1: Kill who whenever he wants?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like that question comes down to whether you consider the grinch a person or a race.
Speaker 1: Like a real man. Yeah, she's allowed to kill.
Speaker 2: Just the very person of color whenever he wants, harassed for his religious beliefs, a.
Speaker 1: Person of green color. Yeah. I've emailed Adam, I've emailed Jordan Beaters, I've evailed Dorses, got card, all of them just being like hello, I have a podcast that celebrates Cora that you're my favorite website, just trying to be like really nice, but none of them will play it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I take sam Otman. Sure, No, I got I had got his number. I've said it multiple times on the show. I've texted him. And then one time I terror as a few friends by. I was at a hotel and I stepped on the side of a balcony and I took a photo and I put it in the chat box that sam Oman. I said, I bet you would love this. I said, I really should have have every answered you. No, no, no, he is not. But he's not blocked me.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: I'm still getting blue reading he's That's the thing. There is a little bit of joy of just knowing that sam Otan's forwarding these two his pr people, being like he's he message.
Speaker 1: Just just letting you know about this.
Speaker 2: He keeps asking me about Halloween night, and he asked me if I am A or the Grinch.
Speaker 1: And I'm not sure how he's the great.
Speaker 2: He's the great. It's he's just I this is not a tech episode, so who gives a ship? But we're currently in the post Deep Seek world, right now, which I think is really funny, and how you bring that back to Quorra is now they're going to be able to make so many more generative answers for so much cheaper, We're going to be able to see these demented things. Do you have any questions from from the AI generated ones about like life though, like life decisions stuff or because I think that my favorite thing with Yahu answers was the more innocent stuff sure, where people would say, like, how do I get a girl to fall in love with me? My friend is mad at me?
Speaker 1: How do I deal with that?
Speaker 2: And then the just most in saying you get like normal, normal normal than someone being like doesn't sound like much of a friend, even though the story is about you offending the friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was really extremely.
Speaker 2: Rude to me, Like, no, he's not real. She'd just understand you. You would, you were justified in screaming at him.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to see if we have any like nice. I mean, there's certainly a lot.
Speaker 2: But no, I don't mean nice. I just mean is the AI asking a life question? Because I want to see how the AI thinks about life?
Speaker 1: Do any animals refer to they're young? As baby or child like humans do.
Speaker 2: Fuck. Yes, that's such a large language model lost question. Yeah, you just like, well, of course animals act like humans.
Speaker 1: Right, they're all kind. That saved the baby, Yes, fuck it does.
Speaker 2: My cat does a There's just every time I think about these fucking questions, it just kind of begins to boil what's left of my brain more questions.
Speaker 1: Let's go through these.
Speaker 2: I want to know all of these fucking things.
Speaker 1: Is it common for doctors to keep umbilical cords? Why is it?
Speaker 4: Why would it?
Speaker 1: Ai write that, Like, I get that it's not a robot the computer, but it just feels like it being like, what is all of these freaks?
Speaker 2: It's just it's just the GPT four being like humans are so fucking weird? Why did he doctor? Wait, just run that question by me.
Speaker 1: Okay? Is it common for doctors to keep umbilical courts? Okay? So there, it's just like, ah, yeah, I bet they do that, but how often? And then all the comments are people being like, no, this is a weird question. Why would you ask it? I would, but they don't know that it's the robot.
Speaker 2: I would not be able to help myself responding to the fake doctor kind of like.
Speaker 1: All the time just saw you could just get a stock photo of you, you know, a guy in a lab coat and just feel like I'm a doctor.
Speaker 2: Doctor genius. But wait, some more questions. Okay, I'm excited by these. These are very good.
Speaker 1: Did adam and you've celebrate Christmas? If so? How it's so good? They're often like a weird way.
Speaker 2: They're often a way that's like they have a full understand yeah meaning, but not context or history.
Speaker 1: No, not even meaning.
Speaker 2: It's just like these applausible sentences.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but not it makes no sense if you know what any of the words mean.
Speaker 2: That's so weird though, because surely it knows that Christmas is.
Speaker 1: I don't think it. I don't know how to know.
Speaker 2: I want to know. These are so the more I think about them, the stranger they get, because it's like these are questions that if you heard someone say them out loud, you go, yeah, I don't know, and then take a step back by wait, what the fuck are you talking about? But this is all of them?
Speaker 1: But let's let's see what. There's a lot of answers on this too, Like people are answering, some people are being serious they're saying like, no, that's not possible because you know Christmas was after that, and then other people are like, none of it's real, so none of it. Of course they can't because they're not real. Right, there's people just being like silly. But yeah, that people, there's no way to know that it's an AI, and you wouldn't think it was. You'd think it's a.
Speaker 2: Child or something, well, like someone with a gas leak. Yeah, it's like, yeah, it's the kind of shit that you'd say if you, like were walking out of a car, right exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the more of these there, I'm so glad you brought these today because I really want to Is it true that astronauts are not allowed to touch the Earth?
Speaker 1: I don't know what that needs.
Speaker 2: This is the other day someone told me this the other day. Another ready answers on that one.
Speaker 1: I have to imagine it's just people being like, how dare you? No no answers on this one.
Speaker 2: Yet, it's so bizarre. And again this is there's no real quick way of seeing this is AI. No.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, it doesn't show you on the screen. You have to go into like more settings, answer a question log and then it'll show you there.
Speaker 2: So deeply decentive. When did you start seeing these pop up?
Speaker 1: So our whole thing is that we just dos people all the time on our podcast, So if you ask a question, we want to read your full names. So we just started figuring out, like anytime we read a crazy question, we're like, who asked this? What's their deal? A lot of people are from like India. We found coarters really big in India, much bigger in India than the US. But then you know, every now and then we'd come across a crazy question like can astronauts touched the ground? Be like who the fuck asked this? And we click on it and it's like the AI and we're just like yeah, wow, and it's just more and more has been happening. Strange question.
Speaker 2: Is the earth capitalized in that one? I think so yeah, yeah, that makes the meaning even stranger. Yeah, because I thought, okay, touch the ground maybe like if it's earth, I don't know, like a like Americans don't tend to refer to the ground as earth that much like in England, I've heard people say that. So this is so fucking cool, though it's really is bizarre. Any other good ones that going through.
Speaker 1: What horses have been invented if they did not already exist? What factors contribute to the invention of new animals?
Speaker 2: Okay, just run that by me again.
Speaker 1: Would you would horses have been invented if they did not already exist? What factors contribute to the invention of new animals?
Speaker 2: There's something wrong with this this on I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, okay again, I understand that it's just predictive text, but it does feel like the computer being like I'm a new animal of sorts. How do Yeah, we do invent animals. I mean humans invented dogs.
Speaker 2: And there are like ligos and such can make two things.
Speaker 1: Fuck all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably should get off that subject. We'll get off to really your choice the numerous but listen to the show. You're loved and accepted. If you make it someone else's problem, I'm coming for you.
Speaker 1: Go at it on Quora, but you're happy to discuss.
Speaker 2: I think what it is is that this doesn't even sound like chat GPT. No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what it is. I'm not sure what I think so, but there's no like again, there's no Quora hasn't said what it is. Like everything I've found about it is people either just guessing like in the core discussed cause ever there's a million questions that are like what is this and why is it here? I hate it? So people are just like guessing, and then some people will ask because there's a Quora AI assistant now where it'll the AI is at the top of every answer and every question and it tries to answer every question. So the AI will be like, this is what the Quorra propup generator is. But that's so actually elaborate on that a little bit. So there is the AI on top of just like all websites. Now, if there's any question on the Internet, there's an AI answer for it, but.
Speaker 2: Specifically it answers the question. Yes, like it generates one, so you go to Quora. It's not on everyone like these unanswered ones. It wasn't there, but a lot of times it's on a popular question. The AI will either try to answer the question itself using like GPT, or it'll be like a summary of everyone's answers. That's so it feels like at some point the computer's just talking to it.
Speaker 1: So yes, it really is.
Speaker 2: But these these questions that they're bothering me because they don't even sound like I've seen the various models, like I would say anthropics, Claude, more conversational chat, GPT very much like a lobotomy situation, like very much like a I have just recently had a lobotomy. But I know everything written in this book I can read this is demented.
Speaker 1: It's really weird. There's something very off, and it's infecting the Google AI too, because you know how if you search something on Google now it'll come up with an AI answer. Yes, Google is sourcing from Quorra for a lot of these. So, like, there was a thing recently where someone said, like when was running invented and Google answers it says like nineteen forty five, and that was because of a Quorra comment.
Speaker 2: Well I know that was this where they had the melting egg situation. So yeah, a lot of these are from like Reddit and Quorra. So the melting egg situation for the listeners was someone on Quorra I think asked if you could melt an egg and then the AI responded with yep, yeah, gotcha, of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's it's all very very weird.
Speaker 2: But these questions don't feel like that. These questions feel.
Speaker 1: Like joke of fout something you might ask in the future, yeah, when you're an astronaut and.
Speaker 2: You can't go home, yeah, or just something that a broken.
Speaker 1: Like a yeah. I don't know if it's like trained on Quora because Cora is already like where the sickos are, So maybe it's just like training on specifically delusional people. I really don't know.
Speaker 2: It must be trained on Cora because that's the only way you'd get such weird. It must train on Quorra as well, because they're running out of training data. Oh, I really need to look into this. I would love for someone to find out, because these questions are not just like if I'm sure if I loaded chat GPT and asked the question, it would be a normal one, right. It wouldn't be like so when we all agree that the horses were invented, just like we all know that.
Speaker 1: Of course, it's really I don't know. Yeah, some of them are just like misinformation and oh any others? Is Tesla considered a socialist company?
Speaker 2: That is the closest they've come to a normal question?
Speaker 1: How about this one? What are the reasons for California having fewer natural disasters? Compared to other states.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, yeah, oh boy, that one's that one again closer to meaning, but just like it.
Speaker 1: Just completely nonsensical. I'm trying to see when was this asked. This was I think asked on January twelfth, so during the fire right they asked. The AI was like, California rocks at natural.
Speaker 2: Is a yeah, these guys, these guys really missed these. Yeah, they're traditionally California disaster free.
Speaker 1: That's really good.
Speaker 2: Any other good ones?
Speaker 1: Let me see, I think that's all the ones that I wrote down. I have one more here. What is the term for when a person's brain and physical body are connected to two different people?
Speaker 2: Oh h that's that's a tough one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is so strangely, it's really weird.
Speaker 2: Concept is actually really bothering me because the idea of a generative one. Sure it sucks, sure, but when it's just like, so we all know that bores of course have been president, but why can't they be king? And it's like, no, actually that's too normal. That one made no sense. That's like an understanding of there's a republic versus monarchy situation, but we could get rid of that. In most this is just these there must be something strange, and you're saying that users do not like this.
Speaker 1: No, no one likes it. I mean if they can even tell. And there's like questions where people are just like why is this here, and like what is it? But on most of these, like no one knows that it's the AI, Like if there's any answers on it, people are just like this is stupid.
Speaker 2: They hate you, right, which is the general response to way I I found. Yeah, you don't use AIM good me. No particularly No, No, you're not a big GP. Someone said that to me on the phone, like you use chat GPT every day. I see what I was like, Sure, I know.
Speaker 1: So many people who use it for like emails and all sorts of crazy shit that you would. I mean, that's not what you're hearing about. That's not good. No, it's crazy write an email.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I that's so bad. But you still seem to kind of love quorra though I do it you come out, but why don't tell me?
Speaker 1: I just like how pure it is, like they're that that there are people just like I don't know, like you could go on porn hub and just jack off to whatever you want and you're sitting here being like coming up with a situation to be like, what does it feel like to have poop in your diaper? The people in there? Do you have any non sexual what?
Speaker 2: Just on the pervert zone. I do love the the section.
Speaker 1: I love the perverts on Quorra. It makes me so happy to see them really is quite happy, the fact that they all have their full names. Be really happy. I'm trying to think. I don't know. There's people ask like silly relationship. It's like am I the asshole? But like more like insane? Do you get a prevalence of fake questions? Like I know?
Speaker 2: The sure there are relationship advice is like on Reddit is like ninety percent people being like and time for my fan fiction? Yeah, I will do the fan fiction now. But Quorra seems more demented. It is.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's just as many fake ones, but they're more obvious where it will be like I there's one that was like my son wanted an Optimist prime toy and I don't want him to or I didn't want him to have it, so I made him hold his breath for three days? Am I a bad dad? And it's like it doesn't feel like the same as am I the asshole?
Speaker 2: Or someone made it like a boring relationship problem, And one like that is very bean dad adjacent, where it's like you think this is normal, it isn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, your son should breathe.
Speaker 2: It kind of reminds me from cs like the Samsung No Sorry LG demo where the AI was like, yeah, I heard your song cough last night, so I raised the temperature five degrees. It's like you fucking insane, And I, just for the sake of argument, opened up Quora and thought it can't be that weird. First one, what was the dirtiest country you ever visited?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: God? Just the annoying thing about Korra too, is that like, if you visit it, if you like, really interact with it at all, you'll start getting emails from it. Oh god, the Korra digests. They'll send you like an email every day. I'm sure I have him million of them in my email.
Speaker 2: Why must farmers wake up at four am to milk the cows? Why not just wait until a more reasonable time, like a I am won't the cows adjust?
Speaker 1: It's a weird website. It's very strange.
Speaker 2: I'm just what I have. Like this guy, I'm looking him up as well. This is a system analyst.
Speaker 1: Yeah in Brazil, isn't it fast? I didn't know his life, Like, it's not just Reddit where it's just like, oh you slash whatever.
Speaker 2: But also it's not even just that he like is that guy, it's that he was just like one day like, well, I got over from my job system analyst, and I thought, why are these fucking idiot farmers get up.
Speaker 1: And just there's a hunt.
Speaker 2: There's one hundred and thirty one different answers. Sorry, no, the original question is from This is gonna be a fucking AI one, isn't it. Let's see who I think.
Speaker 1: Wait, it's very hard to find the answer. This is crazy.
Speaker 2: The guy who responded was a systems analyst okay, and he was saying he was too to his farm a friend.
Speaker 1: No you weren't, wait, so show me. Yeah. So you have to go to a view question details huh, And then you have to physically scroll through every answer to get to the very bottom of the feed, and then it will tell you who the question is and very often notice like anonymous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the farmers of the world will wake up early to wake up the roosters. You see, if the roosters don't wake up on time. Very funny. Yeah, while I'm not a dairy farmer, I do associate with them. I'm just I'm going to close that because I would just read Core every day. But it is it does feel like, even though it's being tortured with electricity, it does feel like one of the last real parts of.
Speaker 1: The yati that I mean. It's like how we all hated Reddit for so long and now if you have any question you have to put Reddit at the end of it when you Google it because otherwise you'll just get ai swop or you know, seo.
Speaker 2: Get one of fifteen different articles all on one hub.
Speaker 1: So it's like, sure, this is going to be from some asshole who might not know, but at least it's a human being.
Speaker 2: Have you seen much because Reddit, I've started to see some obvious spun con in the spunkn like people like affiliate people, people going in selling that shit. Do you get a lot of that in Qure there's.
Speaker 1: A little bit of it, but with Cora everything is more obvious. So like, where's when we read recently? That was we did a whole episode of Hitler questions because there's a lot of Hitler people on there, and there was somebody who was asking about like, did Hitler's have high testosterone or something? How would you know? I don't know, And they were like ted answers that were like I think because of well, you know this reason if you look at his male pattern baldness and his mustache. And then at the end it was like, if you want to learn more about high testosterone, you can take pills from this website. And it was just like people advertising their pills.
Speaker 2: There was some fucking SEO expert was like, all right, let's bring out the Hitler stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't matter where my Hitler analysis I'm scrolling to. I just the reason I'm doing this on areas I wonder to be clear how much Korra is burying. Whether a question is from AI. Yes, you have to go right to the end of this, and there's one hundred answers. Yeah. So, And it was actually answered by a guy called Taodo. This is the question, yeah yeah, And he he asked, do you have to have a full time job on high income to take out a loan for a house?
Speaker 1: That's like a normal question nor These are like normal, this is the farmer question. Yeah, yeah, it's weird. This guy's sitting around just being like, huh, yeah, you get a house. But I guess this is the pure inter This is like the normal Internet a little bit. I mean, it's like fucked up, but that's that's what.
Speaker 2: My people learn from their mistakes.
Speaker 1: That's a great question. What's a beautiful question.
Speaker 2: How can I get out of debt as quickly as possible? I love these, but they're also very sad because they're like, well, there's just a degree of like, no one else you could ask, mate, Yeah, no one else, and you don't want to google it. You have to.
Speaker 1: You need someone to answer you.
Speaker 2: How much money did Elon Musk have before he became a multi billion I assume less than a billion dollars. There's like a lot of picture. Oh my god, this is a picture of my son and daughter. He passed away in twenty fifteen at the age of twenty six from heart failure.
Speaker 1: This is posted in Good Vibes. Well, it's interesting to me, Like the farmer question is one thing, but if this was on the profile of the guy who said, like, what is the dirtiest country like, I'm just so fascinated by these people who are like, I'm so racist, and then they're just like, here's a picture of my daughter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And all of their posts are different pages of like like there's a thing with a cop. They've got a lot of pictures of couples.
Speaker 1: This is on good Vibes.
Speaker 2: My daughter Becka passed away one year ago. This is an AI account.
Speaker 1: This isn't a AI.
Speaker 2: Well, considering the fact that they've now mentioned multiple children of that.
Speaker 1: Dight, Yeah, it's very possible it's AI or a troll or something.
Speaker 2: But this is what it is now. This is this site makes millions of dollars. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I yeah, it must make something. It was made by people who left Facebook. I think they think it was all people who worked on Facebook left to make quorra. What's the worst version of Facebook?
Speaker 2: What should I absolutely not do when visiting the USA? And the first one is do not get to have your car stopped by the police that assumed you were armed and they might shoot you. And there's a picture of a cop that's AI generation truly monstrous, look with like another cop, three fingers with like another cop, but in a like a gray police uniform and doing something a cop would not usually do, which is stop a cop being And there's two thousand response. This is just how was it always this bad?
Speaker 1: I don't think kra was ever good. I don't think the version of it where Jordan Peterson became a famous author was a better time for Quorra, But I mean maybe it was more usable back then. At least.
Speaker 2: I used to think that the most shameful thing about Jordan Peterson was his opinions. But I think it's that he got famous using cora that should get you. They should take your passport just in case you answer questions in real life.
Speaker 1: That's so horrible. It makes sense though, like thinking back on what is the name of his book, like five Ways Crying Principle. Yeah, I don't know, like it makes sense that you'd be like, oh, yeah, that guy is answering questions on quarter dot com.
Speaker 2: It feels like the kind of like a palace of pedantry, like it do you get people on there who are just like no, actually like yeah, you know, it's a big one. We find a lot is witches, a lot of likeing.
Speaker 1: So people will be like, how do I like put a hex on someone at school I don't like, And then a lot of people will be like, how dare you ask this question? You don't know anything about being a witch. You haven't read the spells, open a book. The Necronomicon is free at a library. Like, it's just people getting mad at each other.
Speaker 2: Wait, so there are like witches and witch pedants.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's a lot of witch pedants. They're all arguing with each other about witchcraft, like a lot of them. Uh yeah, yeah, I mean not like not like you know, it's not overwhelming, but we've we've you know, found a bunch of these people who are arguing about witchcraft.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: I keep usclating between terrible and beautiful because I think the idea of people being like, how dare you? Man?
Speaker 1: It's very similar to read it, but it's I don't know, it's more stupid. It is gas leak. Reddit is a good way to that.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: And are there any other weird subcultures like witches? I don't know. I must kind of think there's any other. There's a lot of perverse, a lot of cops. We found a cop who wrote a book and we read some of his book.
Speaker 2: What was the book? Like it.
Speaker 1: You know what it was. It was like his life as a cop in London or something, oh a cop. And we found out afterwards, like why would anyone write or publish his book? And his brother owns like a book publishing company, so all of his answers were like, whoa I remember in nineteen eighty three in the streets of London.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so he's a British cop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do have a button. Whenever we find a British person, we press our button and it says Anglo spotted.
Speaker 2: Anglo spots it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that a great deal and I'll be bringing that onto the ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, take it, you're it the entire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they I really, I'm looked onto those witches now they think about the Grinch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, not to bring it all back to that, but there are Grne fetishists. That's their whole Grinch people, not necessarily on Quorra, but there are I know, people love Bigfoot. I know people love the Grinch and he's sort of big furry dude. That's they'll get in really good. Yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: I just there is something very pure about this, but pure in the way that like you don't want to look at me unless you run away.
Speaker 1: I will say a lot of people listen to our podcast and have told us like it's really funny. And I've gone on Quorra to be like, I want to see some of this, and they're like, I hated it, and it's like, yeah, that's dope. Leave it to us.
Speaker 2: No. I tried to prepare for this episode by looking at Quorra being like, and I will bring some bangers around, and there was nary a banger to be found. It's just like people people being like, I go on, how do I get on a plane and get to have two seats for free? I am fucking like, why is this person next to me on this flight? And it's like it's questions that don't even need answer. The answer is like who gives a shit to like ninety percent of the questions, But we're the ones seeking out.
Speaker 1: You find the teen Hitler questions Why didn't Hitler use the magical lance to defeat Russia or whatever?
Speaker 2: And some first response is like, all right, which magical lance? First of all, what do you mean by magic? You don't know about exactly?
Speaker 1: There was one that just on this Hitler episode that was like, would Hitler have liked Princess Diana? Diana? And which is a bizarre question, like why do you care about this? And every answer with people being like of course, obviously or like no, you idiot, he'd hate her for this reason and he would.
Speaker 2: The answer there is obviously he might because he kind of romanticized England.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I wanted to live in fucking Whiteley's shopping center. It's like a I'm trying to think of it, if someone wanted to live in like the Westfield Mall in San Francisco. It's so strangely the weird guy that ate off Hitler. But this is obviously an anti Hitler podcast because you need to say that now. Yes, six months from Fox News is pro Hitless segment. They're kind of getting there. So to wrap us up though, please, So okay, it wasn't that bad. Do you are you going? How long do you spend on Kora a week?
Speaker 1: Would you say? I don't think we're spending too much time. We're lucky that we have a few sikhs who will find questions. They deliver you yes, which is very very hard tree and then sometimes we will search stuff and find it, but it's not We're not spending too too much time on there. I was more than a few hours.
Speaker 2: I was wondering if there was like a madness you'd like, you get into it too much.
Speaker 1: Maybe our listeners are all going insane. We don't realize it. The ones who are finding these going into the minds. Do you involve yourself to any of you? We answer a lot of questions. Sometimes I used to ask questions and like try to get answers from people, but they were not really they were onto. It's pretty quick.
Speaker 2: It doesn't feel like the kind of place that you could fuck with very easily, because people would like to be way too earnest or they'd be like, well, this person's raking fun of me.
Speaker 1: And yet there's thousands, literally like thousands of Christian baby questions that are I must be trolls, that's all. There's so many.
Speaker 2: I think they might just be like thirteen to eighteen year olds who have never spoken to a person.
Speaker 1: They're all great scenario. There's one those like, what would you do if you're about to hit the winning strike in a basic that's what they said, winning strike in a baseball game, winning strike and the picture throws a Christian baby at you win hit the baby, winning strike. It's all bizarre.
Speaker 2: So you are about to okay, hit the winning strike, yes, and you are being thrown at.
Speaker 1: A Christian baby instead of the ball. So two problems as far as I know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, also that is I don't think there are any specific rules around that, but that sounds.
Speaker 1: Like it's like a dog playing ball.
Speaker 2: If you are throwing a strike, you wouldn't be hitting it. No good place to any Jeremy, Where can people find you?
Speaker 1: Just search my name online? Okay, say your I would love if people checked out coarrators in there. Yeah, we've done two hundred episodes. You should come on. I would love to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's it's great to have people chronicling the these parts of the Internet. Fine, And one of the reasons I've brought you on other than you very funny, is the Internet is kind of dying when it comes to real people, and it's nice to see an evaluation of what real people are really like, which isn't necessarily a good thing. Now, well, talking about things that are good. This episode's ending now, I'm ed Zichron. You know where you can find me? And of course, on my left is the wonderful Daniel Goodman, the producer here in the iHeartRadio Studios. You've been listening to radio Better Offline. Thank you kindly, and I swear to flipping christ I'm doing a deep seak episode. It's I feel like fucking Jeff person on ESPN, people saying like or announced Peter Alonso to the METS. I don't do that job either, but I'm working on it anyway. Thank you so much for listening. Thank you for listening to Better Offline. The editor and composer of the Better Offline theme song is Metosowski. You can check out more of his music and audio projects at Mattasowski dot com, m A T T O S O W s ki dot com.
Speaker 4: You can email me at easy at Better offline dot com or visit better Offline dot com to find more podcast links and of course my newsletter. I also really recommend you go to chat dot Where's youreaed dot at to visit the discord, and go to our slash.
Speaker 2: Better Offline to check out our reddit.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 2: Better Offline is a production of Cool Zone Media. For more from Cool Zone Media, visit our website cool zonemedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.