Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becka Tilly and Tanya rad and iHeartRadio and two times People's Choice Award winning podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello Everybody, we are scrubbing in. Dear Banya, Dear Bonya.
Speaker 3: Happy Thursday, Thursday Thursday. Who's throwing them back tonight?
Speaker 4: Someone on the poor on the Facebook group was like, why do they pretend like it's Thursday?
Speaker 2: We know that they're in the same clothes and bring Yeah, Like, no, that's a whole bit. Is we know that you know.
Speaker 1: We like to dress the same on Mondays and Thursdays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's called recycled, reduce, reuse and the.
Speaker 2: Same and everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had some we're gonna do Dear Bonnia questions and then we wanted to do the game again that so Haley was watching the clip of us doing the game last week, the Guess Who game, and she was like, God, Donia's questions are so bad.
Speaker 5: I asked the exact same questions that you did.
Speaker 2: You didn't but yeah, some you had some that were separate.
Speaker 4: But when I played with her, she kept repeating the exact same question as me, and I'm like, this is not fun.
Speaker 3: Well, it's hard when you hog all the good questions, and you go first. I'm gonna go first this time, okay.
Speaker 1: Mark, mark it down, Fine, goes first.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you try not to capy me.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure you went first last time.
Speaker 5: No, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think you did. I feel pretty confident.
Speaker 5: I feel pretty confident it was you.
Speaker 4: Anyways, So we're gonna try that again today. But first I need everyone to stop what you're doing. And if you haven't already, go buy a ticket to see Girls Like Girls this weekend.
Speaker 2: This is when it counts.
Speaker 5: I'm going to see it again tomorrow.
Speaker 4: That's right, it's tomorrow. It's Saturday, it's Sunday. I even think Thursday night they have some showing. So I'm not going buy a ticket, but you should go. It's amazing. I'm gonna see it like ten times this weekend.
Speaker 5: I have a jam packed weekend.
Speaker 6: Really, yes, tell me more, because we have.
Speaker 5: Hayley's movie on Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's my Friday, right, Saturday, Saturday, everyone Disneyland.
Speaker 2: Oh that is jam packed.
Speaker 3: Yes, Robbie and like his brother cousins and all the kids.
Speaker 5: Okay, so it's like a big crew.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: And then Sunday, We're hosting our Father's Day barbecue.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Oh I bet Robbie is about to pop off.
Speaker 5: He is popping off. He's already like started the prep. It's cute. It's like really cute. He like loves this.
Speaker 2: Sweet because he is a father, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that's what I said too. I was like, are you sure you want to do this? Like, you know, like it's a lot of work for you. It's Father's Day. Don't you want to kick back with a beer? And he was like, no, I love doing this, like I love making food. I love having people over.
Speaker 2: Probably ever kicked back with the beer in his life, I haven't seen that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's not really a kickback, but he does like to throw back a beer.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, that's really fun. And see that he's doing that. Yeah, and you're gonna just be ready with your gloves for the dishes.
Speaker 5: Gots you bet you?
Speaker 2: Why don't you?
Speaker 3: I'm making little gift bags or like little like a little thing for all the dads and there.
Speaker 5: So it's just a mug right now, it's his dad on it.
Speaker 3: There's like these cute little mugs and so it's gonna put like little things in there, like dads would like. And all I have right now is birds, bees chapstick, and I ordered some of those simply mints.
Speaker 5: Like do guys even care if their breat smells? I feel like no.
Speaker 1: I like mince. I like lip bom.
Speaker 2: Why so men not hear of their breast smell? That's crazy?
Speaker 5: I just like men don't care period.
Speaker 1: I like mince. I use mince to stop eating.
Speaker 2: Oh, like I use that tight suppress it.
Speaker 1: Something like when I when I have the sugar, like that you know the sweetness or whatever, there's sugar, but when you have the mint, but the time it's over, you've moved on to other things, you know, like it signals to me that this meal has over. Yeah, so I don't just keep eating or dessert or whatever mint.
Speaker 2: So instead of dessert, everyone should just be serving men.
Speaker 1: I mean, if there's a dessert, I'm going to eat it, but if I eat the mint, I'll stop be able to stop myself.
Speaker 3: So I was also thinking about doing like some little hand sanitizers in there, and then I was like, what do guys want? Then I was like, maybe like like oil to like change their oil and their cow. I don't know, like a measuring.
Speaker 6: The mug.
Speaker 5: That's the thing I need to be.
Speaker 2: Like some teas, like golf teas.
Speaker 3: That is not a direction I was going in. I'm not sure if any of them a cup of golf.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know the men in your family, so I can't confirm tonight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's tough. So I'm just like working on that right now.
Speaker 2: What about some mini little colognes or something.
Speaker 3: Scents are so tough, you know, like they're so personal you have to get I'm getting six dads.
Speaker 4: Are going to be coming over, or like a mini travel like body wash or something like keels.
Speaker 5: Do you guys care about smelling good?
Speaker 2: I mean it's nice they should.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe some eye drop, why.
Speaker 2: Help us out, it's in a mug.
Speaker 1: I don't want any of that other stuff. No.
Speaker 2: I love a fireballs.
Speaker 1: I like the lip ball. I like the other thing, mince. I don't like anything else.
Speaker 5: You said, no hand sanitizer.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, okay, sure, fine.
Speaker 5: Okay, I know, so what else? Maybe some eye patches.
Speaker 2: No road.
Speaker 1: Pimple patches, none of those things. I don't know what I want, but I don't want those things.
Speaker 4: So this makes me feel validated because I found men to be so hard to shop for, so hard, but y'all don't even know what you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it validates.
Speaker 3: What's even harder is doing a generic one for six different dads my dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if it's in a mug like my dad's pretty easy, Like I could get. I got my dad these b for Bronco his name engraved crystal glasses for like his alcohol. He raves about them like he's so happy with these be engraved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but your dad is like that. Your dad is really excited about everything that might do for so easy.
Speaker 4: His screensaver is zoomed in photo of Tanya, just like you all know, so her getting him something.
Speaker 1: He has three children.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's just med, it's just me, but it's literally just me.
Speaker 5: So and it is a zoomed in photo of me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can see he did.
Speaker 1: Cropped everyone else in the photo.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, yeah, but he is just the face. No, no, nothing else necessary.
Speaker 1: Wow, we'll be like.
Speaker 4: I remember I went to dinner with him one time and we were sitting across and I just saw him. I'm sitting next to Tanya and then her mom and dad are across the table from us, and I just see him take his phone out and she's like, oh no, oh no, He's.
Speaker 2: Like, look how beautiful, and it's just assumed him photo. It's really sweet.
Speaker 4: Seriously, So I get why you getting him those glasses he raves about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's the generic thing that's that's I'm having.
Speaker 2: A cool headphones or something.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would like that.
Speaker 5: With the wires.
Speaker 2: Socks are nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody loves a nice cozy sock. No, not even like a pair of dress socks, warm feet.
Speaker 5: Warm, muterus.
Speaker 1: What they say, Yeah, what the.
Speaker 5: Guys they're worried about. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be excited about socks, but I would see the practicality of them.
Speaker 5: They're like, Okay, I'm shook by that.
Speaker 4: It'd be one of those things that maybe weren't excited about, but you would probably on and.
Speaker 2: Be like, oh what a great gift.
Speaker 5: Yeah cozy, yeah cozy. Yeah, Well thank you.
Speaker 2: Continue to think on that. Yeah, let's get into dear Bonia from anonymous.
Speaker 1: My husband and I were both widowed in twenty twenty and got married and only twenty five. We have four children between us. His late wife was a stay at home mom. I've always worked full time and value having my own income and my own independence. Lately, I've been feeling run down. My husband, who owns his own business, says I don't have to work and he can afford for me to stay home. However, he does not believe in having a joint bank account, so if I stopped working, the expectation would be that I would ask him for money when I need it. I appreciate that he's willing to support our family, but I also feel uncomfortable with the idea of not having my own income or access to shared finances. I'm thirty six, he's forty one. Am I overthinking this or does that arrangement seem a little concerning?
Speaker 2: I personally don't like it.
Speaker 3: Personally, Yeah, I know it's tough because I think everybody has like their own comfort, comfort fortability. I just comfort comfort period in this category. But I would be uncomfortable with this situation. I was having this conversation the other day with a friend of mine. We both are like, are you know working girlies? And we have a friend that just like quit her job to be a stay at home mom, and we were like thinking, and I'm like, I just couldn't not that Robbie would ever like make me feel weird or like say no, or but like just saying the words like hey, can I buy this bag to like get his approval for it would just make me feel so icky, Like I just wouldn't like it for me personally, I know there are people out there that don't care and they wouldn't mind doing it, and that do it all the time. Yeah, and that's there there. So I think it's like if you're questioning it and you're writing into us saying it makes you feel uncomfortable, I feel like you're more like us and you're going to be uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: I also think if you've had a life where you have been independent and had your own income and then all of a sudden having to switch to that mindset, I think is way harder than if you got married young and you were a stay at home mom from a young age and that was kind of like the arrangement that you had.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I also wonder if maybe you could have a conversation where you said, like, maybe there's an amount that you're allotted, and like if you go beyond that budget, like maybe you have a budget of like just a budget to where you don't have to ask for money up to or like ask for things to a certain amount, and then once you reach a certain budget, you just say, hey, like, do you mind if I get this and that?
Speaker 2: Way you still kind of have both you know what I'm saying. But yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: I think you writing in already feeling uncomfortable means that if this worthy arrangement in real life, you would definitely feel uncomfortable. Yeah, but I think maybe there's a conversation of like, hey, how do we do this to where it could work for both of us?
Speaker 2: Or is this is it?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 6: This?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Like if you're going to be a stay at home mom, this is the rule. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I know I don't have a hard time I have.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I also don't ever want Robbie to know how much maintenance, how much money it takes to maintain myself.
Speaker 5: Okay, he does not know.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know how much I spend on my hair, how much I you don't get my eyebrows wax whatever, and how much my nails cost. Like I go every however many weeks to the nail salon. He probably thinks it's like ten dollars to get my nails painted, do you know.
Speaker 6: What I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, he's no idea, and I don't want him knowing that. I agree, I feel none of his business.
Speaker 4: But I guess it depends on how how much you don't want to mark anymore.
Speaker 5: Yes, that too, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just all about having financial independence.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I know.
Speaker 3: So we're talking about opening a joint bank account, keeping our step keeping the ones that we have and opening a joint one. And I'm like, I just don't need him to see on a piece of paper, like how.
Speaker 2: Much some of these charges he's a joint account for your No, no, no, And.
Speaker 6: That's the thing.
Speaker 5: It's like, I lie to him, I tell him how much you know he knows.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, I think seeing it on like a statement would really like.
Speaker 5: Be jarring, jarring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I I feel like we might need a little more details on this.
Speaker 3: I think the fact that she's writing this in saying she's feeling uncomfortable makes me feel like she's gonna be uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, personally, maybe you can.
Speaker 4: Maybe you can take a break, take some time off from working and try and go back to work.
Speaker 5: Or maybe there's because she was saying.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's a different job that she can do that she enjoys part time.
Speaker 4: But also why why can he? Why does he not believe in having a joint bake account. That's also a feel I feel like we should revisit maybe that conversation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 3: Everybody does weird stuff, like I know married couples who like venmo each other for the electricity bills, you know what I mean, Like everybody has their own way of dealing with things. So like I don't really fault him for that, but.
Speaker 2: I know, no, no, and I agree.
Speaker 4: I mean I think everyone he's probably used to having a certain amount of money and so then having someone use that money that he's working for with ma an adjustment for him too. I think you keep having conversations about this, and then I also think that maybe you say, hey, I'm going to take six months off work kind of like recoup and see if I like this arrangement, and if you don't.
Speaker 2: Like it, go back to work. You're young, that's true. Yeah, you're young.
Speaker 5: She's the youth of our nation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm thirty years old. I'm engaging an amazing man, and we're getting married next year. For years, I have questioned and explored my sexuality, and through therapy, I have come to accept that I may be bisexual. I'm still figuring out exactly how I identify it, but I'm finally feeling comfortable being honest with myself. Recently, I worked up the courage to share this with my fiancee. I assured him that doesn't change anything about a relationship. I've explored intimacy with women in the past, but he's the only person I want to be with. This is simply a part of myself I no longer want to ignore. While the conversation did not go well. While he's generally supportive of the LGBTQ plus community, he made some hurtful comments that seemed rooted in his more traditional upbringing. It left me feeling like he wanted me to be different from who I really am now. The next day, he apologized, acknowledged his reaction was wrong, and told me how much he loves me. But now I'm feeling awkward and unsure of how to move forward. I want to give him time to process, but I also want to know that my future husband fully accepts, supports and loves me for who I am. How do I navigate the conversations that come next?
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 5: Beyond my pay grade.
Speaker 2: I mean this. I think this just as.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I think you being honest with yourself and being able to share that information with him is a big, a big deal for you, and I'm proud of you for acknowledging it. And I also think that it's okay for him to immediately feel like unsafe in that, because you know, I think it's okay for him to go, wait, what does that.
Speaker 2: Mean for me?
Speaker 4: If if you, even though you reassure him you just want to be with him, that probably made him feel threatened. And I think that him having that reaction doesn't excuse him saying hurtful things. But I think maybe you just need to reassure him that you want to be with him, and this doesn't change how you feel about him or your relationship or wanting to be Even if.
Speaker 3: She wasn't bisexual, she's still attracted to other like to men.
Speaker 4: So yeah, like, I guess maybe it just adds a threat of like, Okay, I know it in terms of men, she only wants to be with me, But what if there's a woman that she's you know, attracted to more. But I think he's probably seeking needing to feel safe and seeking safety even with this new information. And I don't think you should feel bad for sharing such an important part of yourself. But I also think that maybe he just needs to be reassured. So I think that there's you know, he I think him acknowledging it and apologizing is a big, big deal.
Speaker 5: So you didn't go like ten toes down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I also think that you know, you shared something really vulnerable, and sometimes with those those moments and then reactions that aren't exactly what we want, it can feel a little uncomfortable and you need a little time to readjust but I think you're going to be fine. I think he acknowledged how he reacted was wrong, and I think you shared something that's a very important part of yourself, and I think you both did the best.
Speaker 2: That you could with at that time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I think I would just let him know that he's safe and that you love him and in your relationship is your priority and it was just a part of yourself and something that you felt like you needed to share for him to know.
Speaker 2: Who you fully are are.
Speaker 5: Great advice.
Speaker 4: I didn't really give advice, but but congrats.
Speaker 5: Yeah you're engaged. She's engaged.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, all right, So play the game next? Or what do you want to do here? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Game next? Okay, yeah, let's go. Okay, so do we need to leave? Should we do it to where oh?
Speaker 5: Our head spinning?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Should we do it to where we all? Because you had to go to a meeting last time, that's why you couldn't play.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't need to play. You guys should play? Oh?
Speaker 4: Because I was thinking, we all write down someone and put it on the person's and then we turn our cameras around. Oh, and so that, and then the audience also has to try and guess.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I don't understand. I don't follow. But if you follow, just tell me what to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just you just sit there and.
Speaker 1: Tell the listeners who we have.
Speaker 2: I mean it could be a different way.
Speaker 1: Instagrammers will know who we have because they'll be on our forehead.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, don't get to see it. But otherwise games, okay, okay, whatever whatever you want. If it worked fine last time, Okay, let's do it the way we did it last time. And if people would like to do it this way that I'm talking about, let us know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if anyone's gonna understand what you're talking about. I don't even know what to try what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: I'm saying that Mark doesn't tell them, justus who are listening. He doesn't tell them who we pick, and we just play the game and they try to guess too. Oh see if they can guess who we have. So it's an immersive experience. But we'll do it the way that we did it last time. So let's pause our videos, okay, and we're gonna step out of the room. Mark's gonna let them know who.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna be right back, and we'll we're back. They're out of the room. It's just me, all right. So here are the celebrities that we have chosen for them. And then Becca chose left hand, and in my left hand was Pink in my right hand. So Tanya's person is Paul Rudd. Becca is Pink, Tanya is Paul Rudd. And now we'll bring them back, all right. They have the post, it's on their head. Tanya has requested to go first.
Speaker 5: Can I have a pen?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 1: Mark, You may have a pen? Sure?
Speaker 5: Am I a man?
Speaker 2: Yes? My a woman?
Speaker 5: Yes? Am I a hot man?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 2: Isn't that subjective?
Speaker 1: I think yes, though, I think yeah.
Speaker 5: Is he known for being a handsome man?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: Am I an actress?
Speaker 5: No? Am I married?
Speaker 1: No? No, I'm sorry? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, oh married? Yeah I was like. Wait, Am I a singer?
Speaker 5: Yes? Am I an actor?
Speaker 2: Yes? Am I married? Yes?
Speaker 5: Do I have children?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Am I a pop singer?
Speaker 5: Yes? Am I over fifty?
Speaker 2: Yes? Am I younger than thirty?
Speaker 5: No? I'm the hot man married actor? Have I won an Oscar?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: No, no Oscar?
Speaker 2: Am I younger than fifty?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: Do I also sing?
Speaker 2: No? Do I have a current hit on the radio?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Am I on social media?
Speaker 2: I mean you're not known for Okay, that's fair, that's fair. Am I on tour currently?
Speaker 5: No? Am I a movie or a TV actor? Sorry? Sorry? So sorry? Am I a movie actor?
Speaker 2: Yes? Am I a rapper?
Speaker 5: No? Am I in any current movies?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 5: Yeah this year twenty twenty six came out in twenty twenty six? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Wow? Okay?
Speaker 2: Do I have kids?
Speaker 5: Yes? Is my current movie about outer space.
Speaker 2: No, damn, Am I married to another celebrity?
Speaker 5: I think so, I'd say so, I'd say so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Am I married to another celebrity?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: No, married to a normy?
Speaker 2: Am I a singer from the two thousand's era?
Speaker 5: Yes? Am I seventy plus?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Am I from a group?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Have I seen this movie that I'm this man is in currently?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Huh DoD blonde hair.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say the answer is yes, So I'm under seventy, I'm over fifty?
Speaker 5: Hawtie? Am I household name?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I am?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is my name a color?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: This is so annoying. I have no idea who this is? Go am my Brad Pitt?
Speaker 2: No my pink?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Should I keep going?
Speaker 2: I mean sure?
Speaker 1: We give her a clue, Yeah, give me some clues.
Speaker 6: Comedy seth Rogen, friends, Joey Tribbiani, Cotney Cox, you're a man?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Matthew Perry No, Ross Skeeller No friends?
Speaker 2: Yeah, useful? Clueless?
Speaker 5: Oh and oh the nick Jo.
Speaker 2: Stupid, stupid.
Speaker 5: I'm so bad at this game.
Speaker 2: You're so satisfying how bad you are.
Speaker 3: It's like when I tell you Paul Rudd wasn't even on my radar. It was like Brad Pitt, George Clooney.
Speaker 4: My favorite thing though, is that your job and like everything you do is in the industry, like you are in.
Speaker 3: This probably I think I'm like it's like analysis paralysis, do you know what I mean? Like, I'm just my mind has so many names in it that it's.
Speaker 1: Like I would never pick Brad Pitt of George Clooney. I would never go somewhere that famous. My goal in this game is to find someone everyone knows. But it's kind of nice, not yeah nice, not super super famous.
Speaker 5: Yeah well good tonight.
Speaker 1: Like I wouldn't do Taylor Swift, I wouldn't do.
Speaker 2: George right someone.
Speaker 4: So the other day we included some people who are no longer with us, So that added a new element that adds a question.
Speaker 1: Of yeah, am I life right? Right right? We could do that.
Speaker 4: I got Marilyn Monroe and I didn't get it. I could not get it.
Speaker 5: I would never get that.
Speaker 4: It was so hard, and they were like that could come on, and I was like, I gotta.
Speaker 2: Think of anything. It was so hard.
Speaker 5: Paul's not like known for being haughtie.
Speaker 1: He is and Lolos agrees.
Speaker 2: I think he was known he was people's sexiest man one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he definitely so.
Speaker 3: I think if you're on the people are like steering me to like the George clooneyes and the Brad pict If.
Speaker 1: You win sexiest Man Alive, you could argue that that person is known for being handsome.
Speaker 5: Being handsome is also known for being funny.
Speaker 4: No, he's definitely known for like aging really well and like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just like a technicality that could have led me down a.
Speaker 1: Different So he was sexiest in twenty one, it's not like it was.
Speaker 5: Thirty five years ago.
Speaker 2: Well, I have to go get ready day, it's time to go.
Speaker 4: It's a big night, big day, and uh it starts now.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But if you ever want to ride in or have some suggestions of fun celebrities for us to train, I guess.
Speaker 1: New games, you might be get a new game we would be good at, or one if you would be good at.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like if you see a game from like three months ago that it was really popular, let us know, because that's when we how we like to jump on. We like to do it after everyone's done with it. So, but if if you ever want to write in a DMS on Instagram at scrubbing in, pod or message us at scrubbing in or email us at scrubbing in.
Speaker 2: iHeartMedia dot com.
Speaker 4: We love you so by love you, bye bye