Speaker 1: R and b's Money. We are thank you, Jake Valentine.
Speaker 2: We are the authorities on.
Speaker 1: R and B ladies and gentlemen. My name is Tank.
Speaker 2: This is the R and B Money Podcast, the authority on all things.
Speaker 1: R and B tour. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we we just wrapped up the R and B Money Tour, which was incredible.
Speaker 1: Shouts out to.
Speaker 2: DJ Fly Guy, Carl Thomas, Carrie Hillson. Yeah, I'm just talking about the stage right now, guys. Jay Valentine popped up a couple bill Yeah yeah, uh, Dave Hollister who point yeah stage yeah.
Speaker 3: And me, Yeah, shout out to you, Shout up man, shout out to me, to me.
Speaker 2: For being me, and shout out to our partners, Live Nation, Live Nation Urban.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shan Gee and his whole team.
Speaker 2: Man just came to the table and and blessed us with a moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, man, they were. They were amazing partners. Yeah, they were amazing partners.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Marie Janice, Jasmine Tyler. I'm forgetting the people.
Speaker 1: The chrome I wear Master.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you know, then our then our team.
Speaker 2: Hold on March meet and greet, hold on me because I want to make sure we we say we say all the names you know, I got, I got a list of names here that that I want to I want to go down just to make sure we don't.
Speaker 1: You know, we'll mess this up. Uh Louis toes.
Speaker 2: Uh road manager, extraordinary, tour manager, extraordinary. Hold on, So let's let's let's give him this information for all those who don't know. This wasn't like a regular artist go on tour thing.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no no, no.
Speaker 1: Let's get let's give the information.
Speaker 2: This wasn't oh tank, you getting paid this much. This is your set time, be here at this time, do your thing, and good luck, God bless you.
Speaker 3: I would like to say it was buying a new house in every city and having to furnish it.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, get the cable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and put it in your name and put your name, your name, you put your name.
Speaker 1: That is a.
Speaker 2: Great analogy that is accurate of what we had to do in everything. And that's what it is when you have your own tour, when it's your turn to have your tour, which you and I have been talking about for years about you doing your run and you choosing who you wanted to be on that run, with you choosing your partner who you wanted to you know, partner with and.
Speaker 3: This is this This was a you know it was it was a learning experience, absolutely a masterclass.
Speaker 2: And and I know touring. I've been touring for a long time, but I've never had to do everything on a tour. Yeah, Like we're getting down to the nuts and bolts from from from local hires, yeah, two to catering too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you know, you got to make sure that that that that big shot got that lamb.
Speaker 2: Chot to make sure that I got that lamb. I got to make sure the locals got lunch. And all of these are things that we have to pay.
Speaker 3: For everything from down to the what they say that when they when the artist wants to red or green eminem pay for that.
Speaker 1: Got to pay for those red green eminem. Yes.
Speaker 2: Uh so this this wasn't what you what you think it was. This was a real business venture and us uh standing in a place where we can now run anybody's tour.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it made it where we're able to have R and B money tour ultimately if we choose to.
Speaker 2: If we choose to, if we choose you can live that you can call us and say, hey we got X Y and Z artists going out. We need somebody to run it. And it can be an arm B Money It can be an army money team. Run the whole thing from top to bottom.
Speaker 1: We can say we've done that, We've done that.
Speaker 2: We're ready to do more of it, which is just now adding to our cachet of things, of all things of our.
Speaker 1: R and B you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And now as we gear into the R and B Money Festival and all of these cool things that we're doing, we're.
Speaker 3: Ready live events, live events. So yeah, you're doing You're doing a road car Litsten again.
Speaker 2: Lumano road manager, tour manager. He had two jobs, he might have more. He had like six jobs on this tour. I'm gonna just say your name again because your name's on the list. Javallentie, Yes, the j ballon time. That wouldn't come to any of the meet and Greeks, and I had to answer all the questions, Where's Jay?
Speaker 3: Have you seen Jay? Is Jay coming? I think Jay is gonna come. I went to Las Vegas. I went to the Las Vegas Many Greek.
Speaker 2: Thanks Richard, big shot Brown Okay security, uh, stage manager.
Speaker 3: Held the whole tour down, held the whole tour down. Yeah, he wouldn't let nobody get nowhere close to nobody.
Speaker 1: Nowhere close to nobody.
Speaker 2: And mind you, this tour ran on time, yes, not not nobody's time, not nobody's colors time. Yeah, time's time, because again this is our tour. Any bit of overtime which comes out.
Speaker 1: Of which we experienced, we did experience that.
Speaker 3: Come on, you want to before we go to the next person, you want to talk about that out of my pocket?
Speaker 1: How that goes? Listen, there's a load in which can trick you off.
Speaker 2: What we relate for one and a half load ends maybe, yeah, one of two load ends cost me at least a kia at least a kia sportage something.
Speaker 1: Then for sure, I don't. We didn't have any late loadouts.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, we got We got out of every building, We got out.
Speaker 1: Every bild on time, even with our meeting. Agree.
Speaker 2: But that load in costs. And what's crazy is that that loading costs that one day that we we missed that load in time.
Speaker 1: It was on all of us too.
Speaker 2: So it cost me, I think Harry and Carl me more heavy of course, but so again We're responsible for everything in this house, in every city, and it has to be on time. Outside of that one mishap, one and a half mishaps, maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, learn from the mistake.
Speaker 2: Perfect tour, Perfect tour, all right. Ariel Griffith, smirch dog.
Speaker 1: Made sure we were straight out here.
Speaker 2: She made sure the merchant, you know what I'm saying, was move when she was talking to the people. She's also snacks.
Speaker 1: The third.
Speaker 2: She snacks, the third shot snacks the second right, of course, I'm snack senior, senior, and you know she she came on in and was very well versed in the twenty twenty four, twenty twenty five snacks.
Speaker 1: I respect her.
Speaker 3: So there are this is like a real thing, like how baby DC is. It's always it's always in a snack because you know, I'm not really a snack person like that.
Speaker 1: So she brought me.
Speaker 2: Some gummies. I'm not gonna tell you what they are. She brought some gummies to the table, okay that we're exquisite, high level, high level gummies. Gum me okay, and there's not not known the drug gummies, candy gummies. All right, here we go, uh Thaniel Keys, playback guy yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh Kenneth Hamilton, come on, come on Lighting Tech.
Speaker 2: Just sada hall huh v I p v I p v I p Corey Owens, my brother who keeps makes your team because my sprinter was out on the road.
Speaker 3: That was my sprinting, moving and moving and grooving. Good A good investment, yes, yeah, yeah, great investment.
Speaker 1: Corey. You buy to a bus now. Corey drives that sprinter like a Lamborghini. He does.
Speaker 2: You have to tell Corey, hey man, slow this motherfucker. He's going to stupid baby.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think it, Suld I think you should buy a bus now. I think so too, Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: Just the next Yeah, Sanford, Trey Henderson video, come on, Video Tech, come on. Jimmy Park production audio technician. Henry NaN's nas Bit monitor engineer. And he had a birthday and lost his mind. Man, your fault. You don't blame you know what I was hyping in. I was definitely I was hyping him. He had a good time.
Speaker 1: We told him it was a show night. He said, hey man, beverages on us.
Speaker 2: And he began at the meet and Greek and he and Jay proceeded to put the battery in his back and made sure he felt as gangster as he needed to.
Speaker 1: I had a whole playlist I had. I'm pretty sure Ariol has a video.
Speaker 2: By the time I got out of the bunk, he was literally leaning sideways with his glasses on his chin and his mouth open, and he would not ride.
Speaker 1: He had a good time. He had a good time.
Speaker 2: Tobias Tankard Senior, Yeah, senior, senior production manager, front house engineer, and six.
Speaker 1: More other things. The big Fela is just that.
Speaker 3: That's he's a glue guy to the production That's my guy.
Speaker 1: That is my guy.
Speaker 2: Precious Jay Tanker, Precious come on, Precious assistant tour manager, and more glue.
Speaker 1: All things just just dope. I love Precious. Are you sure? Lee come on?
Speaker 3: Making sure the line was tight? Edwards hands, Edwardson, you know why I called it that too? That mother fucker cut me.
Speaker 1: Was going it happens.
Speaker 3: I got I got soft skin. That's that mother looks like I just fought a thundershirt.
Speaker 1: Man. I'm fucking bleeding, man, you.
Speaker 3: Oh, and she's pulling out all kinds of ship. Just stop bleeding. Okay, it stops to bleed.
Speaker 1: That's none of this. She stops to blee, my god, that's my dog.
Speaker 2: Grant. Uh oh, i'mkaying to me. Let me try and produce. Pronounce it your ahead, Condura Jon, hmm, Condura Jan Grand Condura John, it sounds it sounds right. Yeah, I like that's uh lighting director, absolute monstar. And while I'm while I'm there at the lights, let me shout out Dobblin Howard, Yeah, yeah, who put all the expressions for me in and lined it up on that led ed wall.
Speaker 1: Them graphics was heaven sent.
Speaker 2: And then let me shout out my brother Jacob, who actually filmed the live he's here, he's in the flesh film that live content that we put together.
Speaker 1: Man, just what a team. What a team.
Speaker 2: Rassin Alexander that's his real name, but it's fly guy toward DJ. We talk about keeping the crowd warm, rocking, hot and moist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was. It was a full beef going on too. Oh no, it was a full beef for DJ mar DJ Mars a fly guy. It was.
Speaker 2: Because he was carries DJ yeah, and he would he would do the thing before carrying then like.
Speaker 1: It was, it was great. We was keeping scared. Yeah, it was dope.
Speaker 2: It was really done wasn't amazing moment. Man two great great DJs, Man and shout out to.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the DJ DJ's got to get the respect they deserve man and and all fastest of music, because it's not that I think, and I think it gets pushed into like, oh, DJ and is just a hip hop thing. It's not DJ, is it. That's an instrument. That's like playing a piano, that's like playing the guitar. If you can play it, if you can DJ, you have a special gift. That's a musician. Absolutely, And I think it needs to be spylighted and highlighted even more because those moments would let's keep it a buck like those ones would be dead moments over the change out or during the like you need that. And no, you can't just put on a playlist like you need somebody hyping the crow.
Speaker 1: You need that.
Speaker 3: You need to keep the energy up so that once the artists come on stage, the crowd is still ready to go.
Speaker 2: The dead space is just not it's just not it's just not good anymore. It's just not conducive anymow you know seeing I mean back in the day when we took uh DJ Marketer spot was that savage too.
Speaker 1: That was savage to her. Yeah, savage to her, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and just having him there for that, you know what i mean, seeing seeing it keep the energy, keep people from from getting impatient or you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Getting lost on their phone, because that's the that's the big thing you gotta You have to keep the audience engaged, you know what I mean, because you don't want to have to restart the car every time the next artist comes up, and you.
Speaker 1: Know, I'll get to that. No, No, let me get did to it right now.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing when you're picking, when you're deciding who to go on the road, right because you want to make sure that the artists going before you are keeping the people in gaged, not rocking them to sleep, you know what I'm saying, and raising those levels each artist to get to the headliner and shout out to Carry and Carl for doing exactly cooking. David Harrison to a bus driver, why not, Yeah, why not have some good drivers say no accidents, no nothing travit uh no Trayvon Peterson box truck driver, that's.
Speaker 1: What all that? Yeah, Yeah, this ship got to get there.
Speaker 2: All the ship got there safe shout out to my brother Blase, who in the ninth hour what do you Do, came through with his personal led walk for all to see for the low for little to nothing for I paid. I paid less than what it costs for him to do what he does. He did that as a family gesture for me, and he did it at a time where you know, I needed something. I needed it, and he came in and helped fill that void. And in between him right there that that lighting package granted him lasers and you know, all these things coming together at the last minute that really made this show.
Speaker 1: Everything that I needed it to be. And it was.
Speaker 2: It was a cost involved, but a necessary cost. If you were if you were at this tour, we we showed motherfucker something. There's some more people on here. Carl Thomas, right, how about him? I think Carl Thomas, uh, I like. I love Carl Thomas. Of course, I've always loved him as an artist. I love his catalog, but I love Carl Thomas as a person.
Speaker 1: As a person. Carlo is coolest ship. I like being on the road around I like being around Carl Thomas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And you know, for me, this is the first time I've ever hung out with. Honestly, when we did the tour photo shoot was my first time ever meeting him.
Speaker 1: I never met him.
Speaker 3: I loved his music, been a fan of what he does, but I never met him, not even in Passing. Okay, So for me, it was like, oh, yeah, I really rock with this guy. I really really rock with this guy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Mama prayed for us.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah in Chicago, Yeah, all of us up there crying, Yeah, feeling.
Speaker 1: She prayed in Detroit too, he said, yeah, covered us real.
Speaker 2: She covered us. Shout out, shout out to uh Mama. Thomas t was there, she was in on the prayer.
Speaker 1: It was just like, you know, he.
Speaker 2: He definitely exemplifies you know the place that I come from, which is the church, you know what I mean. And so that that common bond between us was just like, it's just automatic. Man, that's just a guy that loved to be around. I loved hearing summer rain, you know what I'm saying. I remember Joe Budden was like, Nigga, what you gonna do when summer rain come on it? I'm going to dance. And so the Carl even in the mean and greets when the sum raine would come on. I was like, oh, yeah, it's time, It's time, and I just appreciate him. To his team, to team yeah, discoverer road manager, the Tyrone irving, Yeah, shout Tyrone, his assistant David Thomas, which I think is his sons his son, Yeah, David Thomas. And then she let's get into carries people. Yeah, try at to carry man. I don't know how long I'm gonn carry.
Speaker 1: It's at least twenty years we've known care. Carrie wrote on sex cleve and Pain. It feels like at least twenty years you should have two or three songs on sex club and pain, but we ended up picking one. For sure. Carry wrote on sex club and Pain and she was cooking back that was like, what are you doing? Is nasty?
Speaker 2: She wasn't even in the game yet. She was sitting on the bench trying to figure it out in between Polo and Tim, and I was like, you signed to them? Are you gonna be crazy?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And then for her to go on and then be that it's crazy, and then like it was awesome to be part of her popping back out. I experienced it really heavy in the Meet and Greek, where, first of all, people were taken aback by actually standing in front of carry and looking at her literally at least fifteen twenty times in the meet and greetor oh my god, you are gorgeous, like they were looking at it that oh my god, you know what I'm saying. Guys and girls, it was like Jesus Christ. They didn't know it's never been that close to her to really like see her that close but absorb her energy, which is great energy.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: And of course there were people who were like, I love you Tank, I love you Carl, but I'm here to see care you know what I'm saying. It was that type of thing too, And it was like that's what you go, Yeah, that's what you want. You want, you want weighted people involved.
Speaker 3: And I think that, you know, ultimately, when we were talking about going on tour and how she came up, even just in conversation for the tour, was that it was it was that she just in my opinion, she brought a different element. Yeah, she brought a different element. Obviously, you know, she's a woman's two men on tour. That's one thing. But it was it's just her presence and her being, in my opinion, her being.
Speaker 1: Able to.
Speaker 3: Fill that space where you know, it gives a different element of performance than the other two artists, completely different, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And you know she brought them ladies out too.
Speaker 2: And the way she rolled, even th way she rolled on the road, like people don't know that cares an athlete, right right, So she's like in that space like behind the scenes, she's really one of us, right No.
Speaker 3: And it's funny you say that, right, because what happens with a lot of.
Speaker 1: Women in the game.
Speaker 3: It's harder to move them around as far as on the road because you know it, you know, it takes glam and it takes you know, styling and all these other things that men they don't really you know.
Speaker 1: We got on T shirts right now, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But I knew from Carrie's background, from her hustle, from her you know, like you said, growing up being an athlete and kind of just being game ready. I knew she was going to be able to do the tour without needing all of the other extra stuff that's some artists they just they lean on carry. Lenly was backstage doing her makeup, doing it all, cooking, you know what I mean like she was like, oh yeah, I'll be out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And that's not that's that's unusual in the game.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 3: And obviously in this tour and what it, you know, the requirements for this tour, we needed someone like that.
Speaker 1: It would have been tougher to do to do it any other way, any other way.
Speaker 3: Al Jamal Jones, Yeah, alchamal ou jezy my guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's my mother?
Speaker 2: Guy?
Speaker 1: Harvey Harvey Harvey Wilson Jr. Yeah, Security, I love Harvey.
Speaker 3: Harvey said you want to hope to Harvey he said, you know.
Speaker 1: You don't want to. That's what he said, you want.
Speaker 2: To, you don't want to. Alfred Ellis was that carries the production manager? Yes, got it, Alfred. Throw Alford in there. Let me see. Let's k got some more people here Ativa Jones, Yeah, yeah, Edward, Eddie Smith okay, her box truck driver, Jonathan White, Production and d j uh and Marshall, d J Mars Thomas. We just spoke about him. Let's see who else is on here. Can't forget my Guylney Barrell come on, shout out to shout out to my guyline Barrell man, come on.
Speaker 3: Logistics Logistics his original name.
Speaker 1: Here's what's crazy.
Speaker 2: When we originally put the tour together and lined it up, I was like, Okay, you know, once we get into the cost of all of this, I think I'm gonna have to do this one by myself. I'm used to be on stage by myself. You popping out with me and you know that time, You're used to it, right, And now I was like, nah, I get it. I understand, big bro. It's all good, you know what I'm saying. So we go and do the Tom Joiner Cruise. That was like, I'm gonna take you with me cruise. And Lonnie gets on this cruise and proceeds to show me why he gotta go on to it. I should not do this tour without him.
Speaker 1: Yep, I remember you called me chief, and I.
Speaker 2: Said, I said, it was like it was to the point where everybody was like, Lottie's the m v P of the time during the job, he just killed and our energy, our synergy was just so crazy. It was just like it's gotta be this, It's gotta be And I said, listen, man, I got this much space and I got this much money left, right, He said, I don't care right, let's get it. He's rocking, rocking, He's rocking, and you can only hope and wish for something like that, especially with a guy that talented and that season in this ship.
Speaker 1: Like he's a he's a fucking pro.
Speaker 3: He's a pro, and he knows I don't really ride the bus.
Speaker 1: So he was like he was just waiting, Hey, ain't Lonnie gonna sniff out the bunk? Gee, you ain't? You ain't riding most I'm not getting.
Speaker 2: He's he's like knowing that somebody's next in line, but he went to you specifically.
Speaker 1: JA told me that when he is like when niggas donpen, it's like gave my spot.
Speaker 2: He gave me a spot. Trying to figure nobody next on the board. I know where you next on the board. But he came to Jay said I can take the bunk. When he not, Hey, bron he had the bunk. Lotti figured it out. Yeah, it was so funny.
Speaker 3: They thought they were we were because most obviously I don't think nobody other than me and Lannie are from California.
Speaker 1: That was on the road, Me, Lannie and Lulu.
Speaker 3: And everybody was like, wait, Jay, you getting on the bus from Sacramento to San Francisco.
Speaker 1: I said, it's eighty miles.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm not flying from Sacramento to San Francisco. They was shocked, see you on the bus. I was on the bus though. That's that's when we was turnt.
Speaker 2: And I think that's everybody. I think that's everybody, from shout out to We said to late if we forgot.
Speaker 3: Anybody, you know, we apologize, but thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you. We shout it out.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, yeah, I just think that and shout out to all the venues who hosted us.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It was one of the things where these venues really welcomed us and and set it out for us, you know, some more than others. Some venues we walked into and it was pictures on the wall and like it was like you know, it was just like it was like really like laid out like our house. Shout out to those venues, but just the venues overall, man, and just in just in terms of making space for us, and and just even their conversation afterwards, how impressed they were with.
Speaker 1: Not just the show but but our business.
Speaker 2: Like they were they would go to Lulu and say, hey, man, we'll work with you guys any time time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's because and this is something that you know, I would the advice I would give to all teams, you know, teams that are you know, tenured in this business and teams that are new. Just be respectful. Be respectful everywhere you are. Be respectful people's time. People have jobs to do, you know what I mean. So when you think that you're just oh, that don't really mean nothing, that is somebody that has to there's accountability. Somebody has to be accountable for everything everything. Thinking that you know, it's cool to go back and and raid the and raid the lunch room, it's other people that haven't eat.
Speaker 1: People have to eat.
Speaker 3: That's why they have lunch tickets, That's why they have whatever these things are. They're preparing for the people that are on the road to take care of you while you're out there, so that you don't because most of the times you don't have time to go somewhere and go get food.
Speaker 1: Most of the people that are crew, they never leave the venue ever.
Speaker 3: They in the morning to they go from the bus to the venue, or to the hotel to the or wherever it is. But they're not like, oh yeah, while we were in Nashville, I was able to go to give me some hot chicken from such and such. No, that's not That's not how it works because there's jobs that need to be done. So that's why I say just people being mindful and having accountability about what's going on around them on these tours, because you know, you hear so many horror stories of artists that just come into these places and they just think, oh, yeah, I'm the.
Speaker 1: Artist, so to move how I want to move, Like, nah, that's just not how it goes.
Speaker 2: And every city is different in terms of what those requirements are going to be. Like we go to a city like Boston, which is the only city where we had a laser light spacing restriction on stage, and I get to call at six something. I'm at the hotel doing my routine getting ready. I don't leave the hotel till seven. They're saying, hey, you know, the the Union here wants to show you where you can't go on stage. And I'm like, yeah, I can't go on stage? Like yeah, they they're you know, they're very serious about these laser lights and they want to make sure. You know, safety is first for them in terms of how they view it, and they have marked off the stage where you can't go. It's like, oh, okay, well I see when I get there. No, you don't understand. They want to see you now before they even open the doors, to show you where you can and can't go and make sure it's.
Speaker 1: Not going to be an issue. And I was like, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: So I got to hurry up my routine because first and foremost, I want the doors open. I want the people to get in there, to be able to see fly Guy and see Carl and see you know. And so I've never been through this, but I'm like, you know, it's their building. Let me go see what's going on. And so we get to the building and they literally have I mean, if we put it together, close to thirty forty percent of the stage marked off, marked off where I couldn't go, Me and Loney couldn't go, where you couldn't go on that stage.
Speaker 1: And I was like, it was like, it was like, how does this work for you? And I was like, yeah, your house rules, let's work. And they were so.
Speaker 3: They were ready to argue because they're used to are used to artists.
Speaker 1: No, I can't. I need to be able to no, just cool, respecting the house safety first. This is how y'all rock?
Speaker 2: That's rock, right, and we use all sixty percent of the rest of the stage that was left and had an amazing show. And they were so impressed that that right there was so easy for them. We appreciate you guys because they were standing by ready to press the button if either one of us would have went into those restricted areas, they were gonna press that button.
Speaker 1: Show was over right.
Speaker 3: That wasn't Boston because I wasn't. I wasn't in Boston. I was where was it? I got to think of where it was.
Speaker 1: It was Boston.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, because I didn't do the Boston show. I didn't do the Boston show, but I was. I did this show that your job. That was definitely Boston. You weren't there there it was because we had it. Remember when I was one of these shows I was at it was it was a laser light restriction.
Speaker 2: Too, probably probably to but this was that Boston was the biggest one. Boston was like they was cutting stage off. I had a runway, wow, and then a space in the front. It was definitely Boston and then I'm not sure. I'm not sure where else.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so.
Speaker 2: You know, it's being respectful to these to these guys in their city and their space. Yea, they have things to do. Your job, man, And if you're saying in the interest of safety, then why do I want to buck that right?
Speaker 1: Are you trying to keep me safe?
Speaker 3: Why you're trying to Sometimes the ego just gets in the way of that. But that's why, you know, you look up and you know there are so many venues that you've done repeat business with because when your name comes up, this is how it's laid out to them. They're like, oh no, we love him, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, shout out to you know, the boss lady at the Poms, Crystal amazing. She she was amazing to us, and we had we had conversations just about you know, doing more stuff over there and doing stuff at the Pearl and doing stuff with the Poms because of how we are with our business. She appreciated, you know, how we came through and handled ourselves professionally and did a great show, you know what I mean. So I think that that is something that's really important for artists that are coming up. Just just be respectful the house man. Just come do your job or.
Speaker 1: Do your job, you know, make sure to keep hand our respect and.
Speaker 3: Your people because they are they are a representation of you. Everybody that is with us on this road represents Tank first, myself, Lulu, they represent R and B.
Speaker 1: Money doesn't matter who you are.
Speaker 2: Like there's a saying that people always like to use, like no, I'll be the bad guy, but don't overstep that. Right, there's there's you being the person who ensures that things are the way they are supposed to be, right being an asshole, but in being an asshole, those are two different different things, two different things. And so you know again with my team, I love my team because we just we pride ourselves we are we are all in the people business. My whole team, we're in the people business. And and more importantly, like we want to have a good time. Man, And we had a good time. We ain't all that stuff that everybody own. I don't know whatever, I don't know what they own. We on a good time. We laughed together, we watched we watched series together like Crack Joe, Like we did all of that together, like me, you know, how I am. I'm like, we all at one hotel. Ain't no a B team, C team and then put them at the motel. No, no, no, no no. They gotta be where I'm at. I gotta be able to see my team. I gotta be able to laugh and crack a joker too. I gotta be able to make sure that they're good, and like, that's that's how, that's how it has to be for me. Never been able to operate any other way. So that there's that your favorite city, my favorite city. Not to say all the cities weren't good, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because we had like you know what, bro, I can honestly say they really showed up and showed out in every city, you know what I mean. And that's not like I'm not about to say what my face it was. But just when I look back at every city that I went to, which I went, I went to at least fifteen of them, maybe twenty somewhere in there between fifteen and twenty, and.
Speaker 1: Bro to love was crazy. The love was crazy. You know.
Speaker 3: Honestly, this is gonna throw a lot of people off, you know, because it's a it's a smaller.
Speaker 1: City, but it was because of the venue.
Speaker 3: Raleigh was crazy singing in that opera house or whatever that was, you know what I mean, like because they usually have you know, it's tuned sonically, it's just for music. They don't have anything else to have music there the place. We you know that we did in Raleigh, And I think for me that that really just just hearing it. And plus I had a chance to kind of go out into the orchestra and watch your performance after. I really really listened from that point, and I'm like, Yo, this is this is this is really dope because so from a sonic standpoint, and the crowd was cracking. The crowd was cracking everywhere, but like but from a sonic experience for me, I really I.
Speaker 1: Really really enjoyed Raleigh. I did. I really? What was your favorite?
Speaker 2: I have favorites for different reasons, right, selling out DC two shows, selling out the MGM two shows, Yeah, it was like that was probably my favorite moment. And I hit seventeen on Roulet seventeen Yeah yeah that that selling out that and selling out l A. Yeah my two favorite because it's like, no.
Speaker 1: That's great, that's great.
Speaker 2: Home and you never like home and home You just never know how people gonna pull it like people we already know him, that is, they get that.
Speaker 1: That's that's the.
Speaker 2: All the time. We talk all the time. But all those people showed up, bro, Yeah, like pulled up.
Speaker 1: And you know, for me, it's like.
Speaker 2: I want the support, but I also want my people to be there, you know what I mean. I also want to be able to should I bought an extra forty tickets to make sure that whoever wanted to be there could be there, could be there. And there were people, you know, people who paid now, I already got my tickets. Dog, you're good, and other people that was like, you know what I'm saying, I need three dogs. I got you here, you go, right, And those those moments were amazing to me. To be able to show up in places that I call home and people just give the love. Rody was crazy.
Speaker 3: But that's Chicago, Chicago and Atlanta as far as from like. But before we go into that, okay, I must shout out the young lady and Raleigh because you know, like you said earlier, I don't really do the meet and greets. I don't, you know what I'm saying, like, because and this is something that people have to understand too.
Speaker 1: With me.
Speaker 3: I think they just think like, oh, Jay just don't want to like when I get before I get on stage, and when I get off stage, I go right back into.
Speaker 1: R and B money President, you know what I'm saying, Like you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean, like no, no, real shit, like where I have to now go talk to people about where people's seats are, are go figuring out or to me and Lulu got to have a conversation. You're like, brother, this better, We got it, you know, so we go back into our business. You know, as soon as I mean the right right before I go on, we own that. And as soon as I get off, if there's anything that some mishaps or if I gotta hiller out the people from Live Nation real quick or it's something that happened with I get right back into that. So sometimes it takes me, you know, a minute to you know, just take care of that before I can go and just and enjoy, you know, the artist side of it, which I said it on the you know, on the on the on.
Speaker 1: The tour introduction episode. It's not my tour.
Speaker 3: I'm very understanding of that and very appreciative that you want me to come out and rock with you. But I still am very mindful, like, Yo, this is tanks tour. This has to work, this has to rock a certain way. We're presenting ourselves a certain way other than me pulling up at the Meat and Green with a drink like yeah, yeah, so everything good, you know, I mean, like I still.
Speaker 1: Got to do business, you know.
Speaker 3: And it's something that's we talk about all the time. What we're doing has never been done. It's never been done. And that's not saying like we're banging on our chest, but we're just saying like this, there is no one that can tell us how to do what we're doing.
Speaker 1: There's never been.
Speaker 3: An artist, manager, manager, artists partner partner and a company that are both doing music side, creative side and business side.
Speaker 1: It's just tough, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean. And so but in Raleigh, I'm not sure how she figured out how to get to me. I don't know if it was through Lulu or through Tobe or whoever it was, but a young lady. They brought her so she could meet me after the Raleigh show, and this is my first time experiencing this, and she started hyperventilating and crying and.
Speaker 1: I didn't really know how to react to that, you know what I mean, Like I'm like, no, don't don't cry, I'm just regular O Jay. But it was, it was it was really dope.
Speaker 3: It was really dope, man I And I appreciate her just you know, feeling feeling comfortable and free enough to have that type of emotion towards me and what I do in music because I had never experienced that. I'd never experienced that. That was it was a really cool moment. I was glad that, you know, I was able to take pictures with her. And I don't know if it was it was either her friend or family member that I think, and they might have been family, but just I got a chance to take pictures with them, you know what I mean and tell them thank you. And it was it was a really cool moment for me. That was like my highlight of my tour moment for me of being like, damn, that's that's crazy that somebody would feel like that toward me because.
Speaker 2: I you know, I don't you don't go you don't go to do, you don't go to you know what I'm saying, You don't you don't go to smell those kind of flowers. Yeah, you stay very much away from anything that that any sign of accomplishment, any sign up. I did that, like, you stay far away from that, which so many people wanted to give you on that tour.
Speaker 3: So they showed me a lot of love through through Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like, it's always fun for me knowing when you walk out, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, Like we experienced that on on the New Edition tour where that first started really warm enough, and then I think on this tour it was like I was getting messages like that motherfucker you better bring Jay with you, Better bring that motherfucker j with Jay better be at this show. It was almost like, what's the ones that landed?
Speaker 1: Ship? The mothership, the mothership that land the mothership? What's my guy? Uh from back in the day? What is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had that mothership, George Clinton.
Speaker 1: George Clinton. It's like you're the mothership.
Speaker 2: So they were always waiting for the Mothership to land. Every show where was jas, oh yeah, he't make this a man, you know what I'm saying, And it was just it was great. It was great to see that. It was great to see that, it was great to experience it. Then once we get to the West Coast and I'm like, I'm like, I'm like, we're doing up And I was like, you want to do up?
Speaker 1: He was like, I mean, do you want me to do up? Because I want you to do up?
Speaker 3: Because that's the thing, bro, Like, I think I'm so used to people expecting things that I never expect anything. I'm always in the space in mind of this is this is this, This space belongs to you first, if you allow me in that space, I'm very appreciative of that and.
Speaker 1: Let me know what it is.
Speaker 3: But I'm never thinking, oh yeah, it's just you know what I'm about pull uping like once again, artists be respectful of someone's stage and so once again their house. This tour, this was your house, Like, yes, this is it's the R and B Money tour. Granted we are R and B Money, but this is this is Tanks tour. This is somewhere for you to present the way you want to present, you know, and even from a business side of it, understanding like when you would tell me you like Tank, I mean, Jay, I need this, this, this this I want and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Okay, bro, it's your tour. Here are the calls for that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But if this is what you feel like you need to to get off, what you got to get off, and what you want to present to these people, I'm rolling with you. Let's figure it out how to get it, you know what I mean. I'm not I'm not trying to talk you down on everything. I just need to tell you to you know the business side of it of like, hey, bro, cool this this was just gonna staying right here, you know. But but then as far as just you grinting access to your stage, like I said, Bro, I couldn't thank you enough, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: It was, it was, it was. It was an amazing moment and it was.
Speaker 3: Cool for me to see it because I think I don't I don't and you know this, I don't look at myself in that way. I just look at myself as someone who does music. I don't know if I really look at myself as an artist or an executive. I just look at myself as not even just does music, who does entertainment. I want to be I always just want to be in an entertainment world. So whatever that job is at that time, I'm rolling with you. Know what I mean, But Chicago, Atlanta, San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Bro which was crazy because you know, full transparency, San Francisco was a problem. Is a tough market ticket wise, tough market ticket wise, and those people showed up in that room and went and acted though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, and you know, and I'll kind of I'll talk about that because I'm from there, and you and I had this conversation backstage.
Speaker 1: Most of.
Speaker 3: The urban community has been moved out, so the percentage of our crowd honestly in San Francisco at this point is very low. So you may get a trickle from some of the people that are still in Oakland, which they're moving us out of there too. You know, I'm a Bay Area guy, so I you know, I mean, I know these numbers. So people are moving closer to Sacramento. Sacramento sold out, bigger venue, bigger everything, sold out a lot faster, the whole thing because most of our black people, it's just it's so expensive to live in San Francisco and Oakland now that it's tougher to do concerts up there. Because it's not only our concert that that was starting to have it that was having issues there because I really looked into it. A lot of the shows that are coming up to the Bay Now, it's just it's becoming trick here and trickier to really sell hard tickets up there because it's tech and it's you know, people that aren't listening to R and B and rapped and urban music, you know what I'm saying. So it's just a harder sell. But the people that that pulled up for us, pulled all the way up, put it all the way up all I'm talking about energy on the thousand.
Speaker 1: That was family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, now that was Yeah, that one was That was the toughest date for me because trying to accommodate yeah, you know what I mean, just accommodating all the people. Obviously the ticket side of it is cool, but then of course everybody wants to come backstage stage. The backstage is that that that venue was only a hallway, so it's like ship what.
Speaker 1: Do I even figured it out? We figured it out that we had a good time and we had a good ass time that that concert. I was like, Okay, this this conce or.
Speaker 2: I can go, but I ain't got to go crazy, you know what I'm saying, Because you know, it may not be crazy in capacity. You know what I'm saying. We got, we got Vegas is the last show. It's gonna be a big show. I walked down on that stage, bro.
Speaker 1: I mean we heard them when called. I mean, what was I got?
Speaker 2: When Cary was out there, I was like, what's going on out I had to ask, like, what the fuck is going on out there? Carry rocking younger at that motherfucker? I said, oh, they want ship and walked down on that stage and I said, listen, I can't hold back.
Speaker 1: It is what it is. Of course, Chicago, but Vegas was special to me too.
Speaker 2: Last show one of the shows, which show did I bring the kids up on? I went in Texas?
Speaker 1: What's it? It wasn't.
Speaker 2: I was there to bring my kids out. My kids got to see the show. That was really yeah, yeah, no, I wasn't. Text that was the first first brought my daughter and my son on stage. My wife is there and they got to sing. But going back to Vay Vegas, I'm walking, I walk, I wake up on the bus and I'm walking into the building and Toby's like, oh yeah, you have to say.
Speaker 1: Everybody's looking at me like oh yeah, yeah, I'm like, what are y'all talking about?
Speaker 2: And I walk in and I'm like, oh, ship, like fucking screen that L E D wall the size of the building. It was like, we're using this, and I'm so, you know, I got O C D so I'm so used to what we use and the way it looks in its frame. I'm like, are y'all sure it's gonna work with us? They said, oh, we're sure. I was like, so we don't need to set them. We're not using your walls. Using this wall.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know, I kind of decide what we're using. It's a video game to night.
Speaker 3: Remember you, like you about to be out there looking like a fucking white Walker from the Game of Thrown.
Speaker 1: You gotta be tall than the bitch out here, bro. It was incredible when I saw the video playback from people's Instagram, Yeah, it was crazy. It was crazy, and the energy in that building was that that Again, that's a studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so people don't know that you can there's a there's a state of the art studio upstairs the s SL the whole nine where you can literally your show live straight to the straight to the uh, straight to the studios and mixing, so that room is set up for that type of thing. And my first time, you know, performing in that room was with baby Face. Shout out the baby Face who also pulled up in l.
Speaker 1: A because we gott it. We can't. We can't, we can't, we can't brush over.
Speaker 2: L A l A.
Speaker 1: L A was a moment. Shout out to the Aces pulled up for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the good people, and that was my first time meeting them. The good people. Love them to death. Shout out to the w n B A peer. Yeah, yeah, because I've been going to w n B A w NBA games. He has been going to the games.
Speaker 3: Been singing the national anthems at the games, for the sparks, for the Aces, Like really really right, listen, Let's go back to Tank playing in a celebrity game and getting his ass kia by the girls. No, no, listen, listen, Hey, hey, take they kick your ass. You play goods as you were part of the team. Don't do that. Don't be that guy. Y'all lost by seventy seven points, lost by fifty. That is the team loss I won.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you you know what I think.
Speaker 3: We talked about this story too, about how like Tank is at Dave and Busters talking crazy to these women, these professional basketball players, and one of my friends just happened to be a sports agent and caused me, and she says, uh, they're gonna kick your guys ass tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I said, what did he do? What did he do? He said, David Busters talk crazy to.
Speaker 3: Everybody about what he gonna do in this game tomorrow, and then they end up losing by what.
Speaker 2: It started at David Busters where I started to kind of get the glimpse of this might not go the way I think it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you couldn't.
Speaker 2: There I met the shooting machine, the big shooting machine, and I'm like, what you want? And I cannot think of this. This young lady's name she was, she's one of the one of their shooters, and she's like, however you want to do it. I was like, well, let's go. She proceeds to beat me about like twenty, said let's do it again. I think she might have beat me by thirty the next and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, whatever, whatever the last tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You guys that shoot. At that moment, I'm thinking, ship, yeah, they're pros. And when we get to the arena. I said to all the guys flex and all these guys, I said, listen, they are women, but do not let that fool you. These are pros. And if we don't get out here and play, they're gonna fuck us up.
Speaker 1: And they were.
Speaker 2: They were chilling the first half, you know, just kind of we was all having a good time. Michael Clark Duncan was out there. What's my other guy? A light skinned guy.
Speaker 3: I know he's talking about they used to play football. Yeah, I can't think of something white or white.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then that second half kicked in mm hmmm, and they just started just started doing pro shit, and I just started losing the players. I didn't know where the person I was, I said, I didn't know. I didn't know where she was. She sold the shooting second.
Speaker 1: So what hell.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I ended up, you know with my twenty and ten. You know what I'm saying, individual, and I got you still know your assass from a game? You know, damn well, I know my stat because it was a moment I'm on the bitch. I catched the ball on the on the on the right there at the three point in the corner, and I'm on their bench side.
Speaker 1: Girl pull up on me. They're like, lock that, lock him down. He ain't got nothing. Jack dribble hard cross back Alan. I had some fade away. Yeah, I got turn look at the h I'm like that right. How much are you down at this point, we're down like forty.
Speaker 2: Like I said, they lost, I want shout out to me. I saw it was it was the girl who Your girl repped the sinner, she repped her. She was like to be ourselves. That who Sylvia Files. I think back to back because yeah, yeah, she came across Michael Clark Duncan's chest when he was going to the basket, like he stole something. Michael Clark Duncan hit the ground.
Speaker 1: I think I'm pretty sure that Sylvia. That's the I saw grown men complaining, they do chat. You gotta stop this ship. I was like, I told you so.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the w n B, A shout out to the wame. And before they were filing Clark, they were filing Michael duncle Michael Clark Duncan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I you know, I tease tease spoon like like spoon. I remember we used to stay in this I used to stay at this uh, this this big building. It was an apartment and a hotel in New York like thirty fourth or something like that, Lexington something like that.
Speaker 1: And they used to stay there and I used to say, going.
Speaker 2: To get y'all got games that, Yeah, we got games such a and I used to go to like Liberty Games every time I could sneak in there. Like since then, it's like two thousand and one, you've been a supporter, Ty Young. Yeah, now she's a coach over there, showed up to the show in Chicago. For up to the show in Chicago. You know she's coaching. I remember my first my intro to the Aces was her playing with the Aces, you know what I'm saying. And so going there and like, this's just I think it's just an amazing league. I think it's just an amazing thing that they're doing. And shout out to them for coming to the show and now to La where just shouting out. I think just you know, one of the greatest R and B and music figures just of just all time, the baby Face.
Speaker 3: Baby Face to face himself, pulled up man, pulled up, pulled up on us, pulled up on us, man set side of the stage, I got to tap him up. It's my guy for a hundred years, it's my guy. But he sat on the right side of the stage and that's why I come out on that side of the stage and being able to like tap him before I go out on stage. I'm gonna remember that moment for my rest of my life, better than rest of my life. And you know me, it's funny because you know, we we we laugh about this all the time. You know, I'm the king of telling somebody watch this right because and and that's the that's the energy that the crowd on this tour was giving me. Like you know, I knew, I knew what was coming with with with my walkout as soon as I started singing, and and and that vibe, that that that we were having and for baby Face to be able to see me in that, you know, in that space.
Speaker 1: I don't think that space never never, ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we wrote songs together, but he's only known me as a writer and producer and you know what I mean, businessman, but like as an artist, never my whole life that I've known him my adult life, you know what I mean. Where, Oh that's Jay He managed to say, Oh, that's Jay. He writes songs, not oh that's Jay. He about hit the stage. Yeah yeah, yeah, so it was that was really cool.
Speaker 1: Man. I appreciate him. And he kicked it with us too.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like he like popped his head in and got him out of there. Like him and Rika like the backstage with us kicking.
Speaker 2: It, tapped in. She's hysterical. They always dressed like they both have a shell.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They they put that on, they put that ship on.
Speaker 2: And that was like for me, like I'm just like, I'm like babyfaces here. I just you know, it's it's never he doesn't realize it, but it's never normal for me. It's never normal. It's never like, oh no, it's always like baby face.
Speaker 1: Baby Face.
Speaker 2: He can be anywhere he wants to be, Yeah, anywhere, anywhere, and and he's in there kicking it with us.
Speaker 1: Man the Mookie.
Speaker 3: Mookie Best pulled up on it, man, come on, man, Mookie Best pulled.
Speaker 1: Up on it, broke broke handing off.
Speaker 2: Here's what's crazy. Like these kids were fanning out, like completely fanning out. Like Judah who was with us, who came with us, was on his Zois friends. He was like, are you serious, you serious right now? Nobody else mattered and Jessica, who was there, her son, found out that Mookie was there.
Speaker 1: You get a picture with him. What do you mean you didn't talk to him? Like like losing their mind.
Speaker 2: Nicest, nicest guy, this guy ever humble him and his lady miss Yeah, cool man.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the Dodgers for pulling up man. You know that was that was really cool man.
Speaker 3: That was really cool and that and that's just something to that that like the major cities like Los Angeles, it has.
Speaker 1: That element where you just never know. You can have that element.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you never know who might be in a building because you know, shout out to you know, you know who came and just literally didn't come backstage.
Speaker 1: I just literally setting crowd. Eric Bellinger.
Speaker 2: I saw a picture of him, Eric, I saw a picture of him with everybody in the in the friends and family room, and I didn't see him.
Speaker 1: He just came and kicked it, Bro, He just came and kicked it. That's my guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he had hit me and then Amara pulled up sat side the stage hopped out.
Speaker 1: I came out.
Speaker 2: When I came out on one of my breaks, I looked at him. I was like, yeah, you here. He was like this, I'm here. I said, are you here?
Speaker 1: Though? Are you here? He's like this, I'm here, big bro, what's happened? It's like, cool, you said that day, I'm gonna need you in twelve minutes.
Speaker 3: And just the love he got, I mean, it's oh, I mean yeah, now this this tour, bro, this tour was special because it it made us uncomfortable. So I feel like we're growing, you know what I mean? Like they said, if you you know, if you really want to grow, you got to be uncomfortable. And I feel like as a team, we're growing. We're adding to our repertoire, as they will say, by being able to say no, we can do that.
Speaker 1: Yep, we know what it takes to do that. On a level. We didn't fold.
Speaker 3: We had moments where we could have folded, bro, Like we had moments where we could have folded where it was like who all, right.
Speaker 1: Well what we do now? We figured out get them, you know what I mean? And I think that's that's it was.
Speaker 3: It was so import or for us all to be in this experience together and be able to you know, rise from it, rise from it and feel successful.
Speaker 2: It's believing in each other. It really starts there. It starts with understanding that the people that we have in all of these positions are extremely capable, extremely beyond capable, and qualify and and trusting that and just rocking with it.
Speaker 1: What was the drip you had on this tour?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 3: You know, give us, give us the you know which, what kind of drip you had on?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Shout out to Mary that provided the suit. Come on, Mike with the with the the sequence.
Speaker 2: Uh and in the glitter lining that I you know, went and just had custom fitted to my to my to my body, you know, just to make should fit me just right, but still loose enough to give it the flair, you know. And I, you know when I do this, Uh, shout out the Gucci on my feet, shout out the Gucci.
Speaker 1: On my sock. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to my brother Thrash on the custom silk shirts, custom silky those you can get those silkies no way.
Speaker 1: You told me where the white shirt? You told me? And I got the white shirt.
Speaker 3: We did staying together man, and I got the white silky maid from Thrash and and just pieced that together.
Speaker 1: Man, and it just it just it just did what it did. Yeah, now he was clean, bro, it did what it did. It was clean. Yeah, you had Lonnie out there clean too.
Speaker 2: I had Lannie in the merry top, which I told him would fit him. Great, you're gonna look at starting this. I think the I think the pant he had on was maybe either a huge gold boss or McQueen. Yeah, it's one of the two, because we was deciding through the two.
Speaker 1: And then he had a nice, a nice simple, simple sparkle Giuseppe.
Speaker 2: You know you shoot damn. You know, I don't know what the sock was doing, but you know what I'm saying. And get into the man's.
Speaker 3: Socks, a designer shoe with no socks and gym sock like you just put on the Nike dry fist with.
Speaker 2: And that was and I hit. I reached out to a Mary and Michael. Mary is like, hey, man, I'm wearing your clothes. You think you guys we can do something together and never hit me back.
Speaker 1: So if you get a chance, I hit him, Mary, tell him tell him my ma, I'm down to la.
Speaker 3: If you keep bullshit, Mike Bri We're gonna have to go have and make Malik. You won't get that sell, okay, so look out for my brother.
Speaker 2: Ultimately, a shout out to everybody who came to the tour, everybody who pulled up, everybody who bought tickets, everybody who tuned in on people's lives when people were live watching. I don't care how you internalized the tour. I'm just glad you got to see it, were part of it. The people who bought merch, thank you. We're gonna put some more merch from the tour up on the site so you guys can buy it. At least feel like you know you was a part of it a little bit. And the rest is just the rest is history.
Speaker 1: It was, it was.
Speaker 2: I was sad it was over, but I was happy it was over because I'm ready for the next thing. I'm ready for the next thing. Yeah, I would love to take this overseas. This would be great to take this overseas, so you know, we'll talk about that. But I'm ready for the next R and B Money Live Nation, Urban Collab.
Speaker 1: And what is that?
Speaker 3: The Toyota Next Step shot out to Toyota Toyota Next Up.
Speaker 1: Shout out to those ands and those artists who pulled up. I think we.
Speaker 2: I think we should bring those artists on, get into what they're doing, uh, that experience on that stage. A matter of fact, if we can shout them out. In Dallas it was Miracle and Colton, I am Carlton. They rocked. In Houston it was Savannah, Jack Freeman, they rock Atlanta, Alexia j Jeremy Williams, No, Remy Williams, Sorry, Remy Williams.
Speaker 1: They rocked, Uh, d c Alicia and uh and Kenny.
Speaker 2: Sway they rocked Chicago, d Lyles and it's like a last minute edition.
Speaker 1: In Detroit, hit my guy Upshaw. It's like what you're thinking.
Speaker 2: He's like, say less because he had opened actually for me before on the other tour when I was having people open, I just thought, I just I just like dudes energy. Man. I thought he was dope, and so we brought him out so we don't get them on the pod man and and turned them up.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we have to do that. And don't let me forget. Our brother pulled up on us in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Adrian Marcelle. I love that brother, man.
Speaker 3: Man, it's such great energy him, his teams, everybody with them. Man, like they they move, they move out. We moved, man, were like people enjoy having them around. We shouted him, shout the sunny beach, shot.
Speaker 2: The like, and chopped it up like it's always a life lesson. It's always that when we get together and sit down, like it's like we get past the surface so fast man, and get into that ship. And that's why, that's why I love that brother man and all the and all the people around him. Man, it's just it's more to life. Yes, when it comes to those.
Speaker 3: Guys, it's not just music, man, it's now we're rooting for them. Yeah, We're absolutely rooting for them, man. And I'm glad that you know, he answered the call because I hit him. I'm like, yo, bro, you had hit me early on. I ain't forgot Yeah, pull up man, I love and they came into the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love Adrian. Wow. One tour down, One tour down, man, let's go be on the.
Speaker 3: Lookout the R and B Money, the R and B Money Festival. Yeah, that's where we had it. That's where we had it. That's where we had it.
Speaker 2: You you. We want to give you that stage. We want to give you. We want to highlight, we want to for R and B man, Yeah, why not? Why not us?
Speaker 1: It needs to be done done. I'm saying, theod be there. Yeah, everything R and B Money will be there, all things R and B money, and you will be there too. Uh we go.
Speaker 2: We got to pick a city, y'all. Let us know what city y'all want the y'all want the festival in. We got to pick artists. Yeah, what artists do you want there? We want all of them there. We want all of them there.
Speaker 3: I'm going to, like I said before, before we even did this tour, I'm going as a fan, like even being on this tour, I was like I was literally finding my spaces to watch the show, to watch everybody set, Like I really enjoyed everybody that was on this tour. Like it wasn't a thing where I was like, ah, man, let's just get through such and such a set like no, no, no, this. And that's why I'm glad that we that we curated the way we did with the artists that we wanted to have on this road with us, because I enjoy listening to their music every night just like you do, you know what I mean? So that was that was really important.
Speaker 1: Man. So in the future.
Speaker 3: I would love to be able to pick the you know, four or five artists that we put together as a package take out on the tour. Maybe we hosted, maybe we sing, maybe we whatever it is. But we keep this thing going.
Speaker 2: Because we got it's got to be. We got to be tuned into the future. Yes, we got to be tuned into making sure that the platform is preserved and protected.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, and all of the tour merch that you know, for for the cities that we weren't able to hit, you will you will be able to get tour merch at the arm By Money Shop. Army Money Shop shouts everybody who bought candles to.
Speaker 2: Candles, appreciate you, appreciate good. Yeah, that's it man, That's that's the Army Money Tour man. I appreciate you, my brother man.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Brot a lot of good work man putting that together and executing that. Shout out to to my team, Shout out to Carrying her team, Shout out to Carl and his team. DJ Fly Guy Us, Shout out to headlinerment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before we go, we only had one after party, only had one after party, and they tried to tell us not to go.
Speaker 1: They tried to.
Speaker 3: They tried to tell us, try that we don't need to party with our people, tried to.
Speaker 2: Wrong, wrong.
Speaker 3: We showed up. We had an amazing time. Wasn't no drama, what none of the foolishness.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Chris Brown.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Chris Brown. Is his team, whole team, you know what I mean. Yeah, it felt like a hometown party.
Speaker 1: It felt like that. It felt like going home. Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like I even sang randomly, that's randomly saying it was yeah, you looked up.
Speaker 1: It was like, wait, is that Jay? No? Man?
Speaker 3: But you know that my brother D nine, we was out there in the wild hunting what they call Yeah, it called the wild hunters out.
Speaker 1: There and we were out there and and we were safe. Yeah. And I just I love I love the post that you put up about.
Speaker 3: Being with our people and being with the people that truly support what we do and touching the people man like, because you could you know, you know me, I'm a people watcher. So I'm looking around the room. I could tell there were people in there that was probably like.
Speaker 1: No nervous, damn. They really showed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so well, I mean I think a lot of that post was, you know, putting the responsibility back onto to our people, our community, our community, like, yeah, we're gonna come, we take care of us, take care of us. We're gonna take care I promise, we're gonna take care of you. Were coming, We're gonna show up and show out now and return take care of us, and and putting that responsibility back on them, and and they were up for it.
Speaker 1: They were up for it. Now we got y'all good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got I got a chance to see to CBS level stardom. Mhmm.
Speaker 1: They were chasing this tour bus.
Speaker 2: They were if there were rails that they could have hung from, if they have hung from the rail on his tour bus, they would have been hanging like this on the tour bus the whole I'm like, wow, I was like, I'm famous. But some guys you just end up becoming security for.
Speaker 3: And and then there's one fan who loves you that says, wait, but you're you take yeah, cut off his bus.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's two people always become security for is c B and Jamie Fox. I just always end up becoming security. Hey, back up, back, up. You're not doing pictures?
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 2: I'm not working right now. Niggas more famous to me, look at but yeah, shout out to that man. Shout Chicago for taking care of us. And that's it man, R and B Money to her, I'm proud man. I'm happy it worked out the way it was supposed to work out, and we got more to come. The people show love. People show show love. So thank y'all, Thank you.
Speaker 1: My name is.
Speaker 2: And this is the R and B Money podcast, the authority on all things, all things R and B. Because you are starting to see and this has been the army money too. Yep, we appreciate you that we out R and B Money.
Speaker 3: R and B Money is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. Don't forget to subscribe to and rate our show, and you can connect with us on social media at jy Valentine and at the Real Tank. For the extended episode, subscribe to YouTube dot com, forward Slash, R and B Money