Speaker 1: Betting on the game. No moment's gonna tell us what.
Speaker 2: Not. We're here.
Speaker 3: Just drinking beer, making baby, I'm hanging with the feelers, blessing.
Speaker 1: With the boys.
Speaker 2: Bro there it is.
Speaker 1: North County High School is the.
Speaker 4: Like most I don't want to say jenneric because it's not supposed to be an insult, but like the most. Hey, we're hey, we need to do a football movie, write a script. What's the name of the school? North County High School? Like that's you know what I'm saying, Like the go to fucking name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, North County High We are rolling right now.
Speaker 4: Well, I was talking about North County High with full confident because we were talking about this nuts thing.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Then he just kept saying the word nuts and over nuts. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: But before we talk about nuts, dude, let's talk about the Chevy Silverado. If you're nothing about that's ZR one that might be sitting out of the shop right now that belongs to Will comfident. That thing is absolutely stunning. I got the opportunity to drive that the other day. Jackie and I were filming a merch ad and headed over to an establishment. I thought to myself, this is a fantastic vehicle to right.
Speaker 1: But let me think you something.
Speaker 4: There's a new family with unstoppable grit and they are the official partners of Busting with the Boys. Family, and that is the Chevy Silverado ZR two family, not the ZR one. The first sever of Silverado Heavy Duty zero two joins the franchise to make Chevy ZR two the only truck brand with a full line of trucks ready for whenever your offered adventure takes you. With the exclusive multimatic DSSV dampers, rugged mud terrain tires and up to fourteen available came reviews. That's a lot of camera reviews. Brother, that's a lot of camera views. The Chevy Sierado ZR two and Sivado HD ZR two a family with commanding and unstoppable Head over to Chevy dot com and check out Chevy Silado and the family of Chevy z R two is the official truck of Busting with the Guy.
Speaker 5: I got a story, as a matter of fact, this morning, pulling in to my favorite little coffee coffee watering hole eighth and Rose, pulling in very tight parking spot. I'm talking. I had to Austin powers. Uh, probably three times in out and out be cause it was like a wall, right, So I'm trying to get around it, trying not to hit with the back tires. But you were bringing up the cameras. You don't pull that off without those cameras, because there's times like, you know, I'm using the cameras to get in there, and it's telling me exactly where I am compared to the car that's next to me in the spot to the left. But if you're just if you're just eye in that, you think you're scraping the car, you know what I mean. Like, especially with the truck, it gets a little too high. You're like, there's no way I have any more space here. But with them cameras, bro, Like, I know, here's what I thought.
Speaker 1: In my head.
Speaker 5: I'm like, keep your composure, keep backing out in and out, in and out. I know everybody is sitting in that coffee shop right now. It's like, is this motherfucker?
Speaker 1: It was a glass right to you and you're essentially backing into the glass. No, I was pulling.
Speaker 5: I was pulling because it was the very first spot coming out coming off the main street, so I didn't really have to end the point and back in there. It probably would have been a lot easier. The back end of the truck is beyond the best way to do it. Yeah, but I knew, I knew everybody's in there is you gonna pull this off? That crazy my bassard pulled this thing off. What is this that a Chevy z or two. I might have to look into that. Yeah, I'm telling you it was nice. That was a big win.
Speaker 1: And there's obviously men out there.
Speaker 4: There's probably six of them in the whole continents of the United States that can probably do that without cameras. They're probably all in Texas or Montana. You know what I'm saying, Some real, some real true gritty, not some domesticated cats like you and I put some real true gritty cats that can pull that off.
Speaker 1: But not everybody's built like that.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you brought up the cameras because you can't be ashamed to use the camera.
Speaker 1: I know you're bringing it up.
Speaker 5: I'm like, man, people need a story that's like and that right there, I think is Yeah, there's fourteen cameras.
Speaker 4: But if you get a car accident with fourteen cameras, that's on you. You need to reevaluate yourself. You need to use the technology around you to keep moving forward. You know what I'm saying. Done, Yeah, that's how winning gets done. But before I read that beautiful Chevy A and I did a phenomenal job bringing that tip of the cap to me. Well, you were talking about nuts, dude, just saying nuts, nuts, nuts, nuts over again.
Speaker 1: Before this show started. I was like, you need to bring that back up.
Speaker 4: But then Mitch, having that big brain energy, dude, he fucking just put the record button on.
Speaker 1: I It kind of gave me an end. Yeah, what is the nuts thing you're talking about?
Speaker 4: Because you're just like, essentially people who are listening, we're trying to talk about new segments, which some of you are probably like, we can't do another fucking segment, But like, it's more for me, this is a work in progress. This is how our podcast happens.
Speaker 5: It's more to give it some like something to regiment somehow, because we get long winded, we just get going, we get rid of and I'm thinking, like, you know, it was an awesome weekend of football. I can't wait to dive into it. And I'm just thinking, like, what do we do coming on the Weekend's you.
Speaker 4: A that motherfucker was on your forehead earlier too? Like he's been treating you bad?
Speaker 5: Oh, I know he has a fucking fly, but it's like, yo, who's It's like whose nuts was a positive thing and with the at North County High Schools, the North County Raiders, it was whose Nuts player of the week Friday night lights would kick off, bro right before kickoff, everybody's banging on the bleachers with their feet, dude, and everybody's.
Speaker 1: Like, who's nuts? Who on the sideline? Who's nuts? Who's nuts?
Speaker 5: Like who's gonna be the crazy psycho that flies down on kickoff and tattoo somebody? And then there'd be a shirt Who's nuts play of the Weekend. I'm just thinking, like, you know, how do we do like a Who's nuts? What are some headline? What are some things that we're just like, like, I'm curious, who are your wins of the weekend? Or who are some things that you want to shout out like who put their nuts on the line? Who got whose nuts got castraded? Yeah, I'm trying to like idy eight, like how we get it your yours, your mind?
Speaker 1: Because you started we try start talking.
Speaker 5: We start to talk to each other before the pod we're all like, say for the box, stare for the pot.
Speaker 1: So we kind of just don't know.
Speaker 4: Our our friends just really turned into that where it's like, hey, just leave, wait till microphones are in front of our face before we have any conversation of substance at all.
Speaker 1: You call me, I have a miscall. I text you. I'm like, do you actually need to talk to me right now? Can we just do this? You really need to hear brother? Can we just do this on the bod I'll see in three days. Like, just relax.
Speaker 4: And we've spent what every single day together for two weeks pretty much aside from our Sundays and even then we're texting about the games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we're fired up about our bets, which, by the way, if you look.
Speaker 5: At the watch the S and p five hundred, that is a new show, Slips and Picks five hundred. Bus with the Boy releases every Thursday Thursday clock.
Speaker 4: We're not we're kind of still figuring out because there's our boys in the back. We're doing an incredible job editing, but there is so much on their plate right now that's kind of like, you gotta just go with it. You gotta be like water, my boys and girls, you gotta form to what's happening around you. Yeah, and so JP Hoffey, he's the one that's editing that in the back. And that man is just working because he's also doing but the bus. The week before he did he did our vlog. The boys are all the boys are just in a fucking blender right now, and we're really just trying to get through the month of September. That's how much fucking hard we can get to.
Speaker 5: That month of September. Picking is checking out these winners we're dealing on slips picks. We are looking not us William Gecko, Chat Savage and the Theodore the Mule.
Speaker 1: The Mule he's the black guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but dude, it is a fun check it out.
Speaker 1: And I did.
Speaker 4: I was looking at the wins and lost total of what happened this past weekend.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: Chet Savage, he went to seven and five in his picks, and he was five and zero before that.
Speaker 1: Under over bullshit started to happen. And he's taking a little.
Speaker 4: Page out of out of Geto's book because he really did dial in every single winner this past week, so maybe check that out. Also, we were in uh Athens, Georgia this weekend and we go up to this sweet shout out Georgia. We need to go into that whole thing. But this is a side little pieces. We are up in this suite and this guy comes and sits next to me. Apparently this guy is like the fan duel fantasy winner, like two times, three time world champs, two time world champion. He's like, yeah, I well, I have won twelve million dollars DraftKings gambling DraftKings, yeah, not FanDuel. And he's like seeing there literally showing me trophy, showing me all this stuff. And I'm like talking to him, like all right, so what kind of parlays do you do? And he looked at me like you're you're an idiot. You're an idiot if you only do straight bets. Only do straight bets.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I will say, though, slip some picks easy team's favorite fund that hit and I been on that thing that was like plus.
Speaker 1: Three twenty six, so pick all the odds on. I'm just letting you know your boy, you know, he maybe can't pull it off, but SLI.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we might be able to. Yeah, I think we're pulling it off from that little parlays. But the nuts topic, whether we're giving flowers for the weekend, we're handing out nuts, whatever the case may be. What are a couple of things you love seeing over the weekend before we start recap, kind of recapping the games when.
Speaker 1: It comes to who let their nuts hang out?
Speaker 4: Wet Le's start with college football, okay, and we'll get flowers.
Speaker 1: And I know that I haven't really put my.
Speaker 4: I haven't drugged a line in the sand yet about where I stand on this football team because I've showed them a lot of support in the past, but not being the recipient of my team getting support has really drawn me away from them. But I do want to give flowers to the Nebraska Cornhuskers getting there first win in Lincoln, Nebraska. They played a good ball game. They played a good ball game against an equally talented NIU football team. There it is and hold on. They played a good ballgame. They for the most part to carry the football. They had one turnover, but I think they got to right. They got two turnovers. They ran the ball really well, they managed the clock, they put points on the board. The defense played well as they have in the last three weeks, aside from the second half of the Colorado game. And uh, it's just nice to see your friend who is just truly fighting a battle that no one's fighting with him. Get get something to hang us hat on, because I mean, I want to punch you out in the car ride back from Athens. I really was so fucking annoying. But also like I gotta they let their nuts hang out. And that's my shout out for for College, just for for College's a lot of other teams that probably are deserving, but you know, one a one team as well, but I'll let you do yours because there's another team I want to give their nuts shoutouts.
Speaker 1: I will say.
Speaker 5: When I first hand out nuts in a barrel, wheeling them down on victory Monday right now. Mac Collins his Twitter post yesterday after the game, I loved it.
Speaker 1: The savage thing, Yeah yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Saw that, grabbing it over the dB Savage for Green Bay, who is a stud but grat like, and then his caption was, everybody wants to be a savage until you see one face to face.
Speaker 1: Yo. That is fucking awesome. That is a a nice little deal. That is a nice little deal.
Speaker 4: But that'll be kind of my first dish of the day. So we talked about going to college and then we wo were right to the NFL. But yeah, that's really good.
Speaker 1: I feel like maybe it's the weekend, like dealing out. That's your weekend. You're you're handing out the flowers, you're giving the nuts out right, dude.
Speaker 4: One team that did put their nuts out there this weekend, the Florida Gators.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you're staying in college.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I wanted to kind of stay on my topic. Yeah, and listen, we love Jack McPherson on this podcast. So he said a lot of things. He's emotions have been high, especial between him and I and I bet on the on the Tennessee Volunteers this weekend. I want the Tantasy Volunteers to be successful. But as a college football fan, you've got to appreciate a team that's, you know, underdogs in their own stadium and playing the way they did, the excitement of fucking a fight going on in the fourth court. The head coach is about to throw down like they're in rough and rowdy forty six or whatever, like it is that's what rivalry games are all about. Obviously, it didn't go the way McPherson wanted. My boy was on Sue. We watched until Obviously TESNSA Titans took a big win as the underdogs as they always do against the Chargers. Chet Saffige did call that, but you got to give that a give them. I like the nuts thing, you like the nuts thing?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: Cool?
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that. I love that.
Speaker 5: I'm sure we'll work in have some better verbiage. I just being like, all right, here's my my nuts are going here. Yeah yeah, but I don't like I'm talking about some some wheelbarrow nuts. Eric Biennemys, brother, that's the second time you use a wheelbar right. Like I said, we'll get better, We'll do something new. Uh, you're dropping the nuts on the table. Sure, yeah yeah. Halftime, Eric b enemy the OC for the Washington Commanders. They were as good as Dad out in Denver in that altitude halftime. It's like I saw your tweet. The Broncos are nice. The Broncos play good football like they're actually they're still a tough team.
Speaker 1: I know they have absolutely soiled it there in the second half. At home.
Speaker 5: That is a tough look and gonna be hard to bounce back. They got some they do have some vulnerabilities now. But eb, the OC the halftime adjustments, coming out and scoring thirty was at thirty five to thirty two to the final score. But the commanders, it's like he's the new OC, so it's gonna take them a minute to find their identity. But that second half, boys, how looking more comfortable, getting in rhythm in the pocket. Scary terry going up between two defenders and the end zone.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Robinson, Brian Robinson just running angry like I Washington is nice. The NFC East is a very fucking tough, scrappy division.
Speaker 1: But my yeah, my nuts.
Speaker 5: Yeah on the table, eb, I think that that is a massive win on the road in the altitude. If anything else, you're worse off in the second half out in Denver, if you're not used to it.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I think them coming out putting up, yeah, putting up, putting up them points in the.
Speaker 1: Second half, they were rolling. Bro.
Speaker 4: It's hard to win in Mile High Stadium, especially in September, shouts the comandos on that. But if you're a Denver Broncos fan, you're tuning into busting with the boys right now. Have no fear, dude, because I was I thought the Broncos were dead. I said it a whole bunch before even Week one happened. You guys are zero and two, But that's a damn good and two football team. Sean Payton has done an amazing job of turning around the culture. Things didn't go your way in the situation, you get the two point con version. Who knows what happens in overtime, like that's that's a good ball club that has a lot of wins coming their way down the stretch. Maybe I I yeah, it's it's you gotta be able to throw, just like you said the AFC East.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta be top in the throw.
Speaker 4: But he this is a new first year head coach of a new franchise, putting like implementing his culture and the turnaround. I mean, they scored thirty three points. Did they score three three points in total?
Speaker 1: Last year? They were awful last year? Good?
Speaker 7: Point?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Point, they're they're getting things going and the ball didn't go their way. There's four or five plays a game. This is one of those games where four or five players with the difference maker and the Commanders took more of those players than the other team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I did say I messed up a minute ago and said thirty five in the second half. It was twenty four to nothing in the second quarter before the Washing finally get on the board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's wild. But uh and then.
Speaker 4: You're you're watching that game going, Man, that altitude is crazy up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The thing you go to, dude can win and it is. It is tough. Man.
Speaker 4: They show people on the thing sucking on those little oxygen tanks.
Speaker 1: It's tough.
Speaker 4: That's three key ball clubs and in two of the best divisions in NFL football.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's my second that's my second set of nuts.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what the number one nuts needs to be, though, it needs to be the special teams coach for the New England Patriots literally truly innovated.
Speaker 1: Change the field goal block unit. For How genius is that?
Speaker 4: How come nobody's ever thought about that of lining up a guy on the opposite hash or towards the other sideline and watching the holder look back at the kicker, knowing the timing they have If Felix one, two flashes, the hand ball comes. That's the type of shit that can be timed up no problem. Now you can do a fake flash and all that. And it's really easy to do because you're taught in field goal not to move into the ball of snaps, so you really just need the snapper, the holder, and the kicker to be on the same page.
Speaker 1: But yes, so you can switch that up.
Speaker 4: But that's incredible and it's crazy that it was awesome once again. The Patriots changed the game years ago. There's a thing called bungeee and it's basically when the defensive line it's a critical part of the game and there's less than you know, two minutes. There's a ten second runof when there's a penalty, when the clock's still going and you bunget it. What's when the d line moves loudly, really fast. The Patriots came up with that too, and they just continuing to innovate. Belichick's been doing this for forty five thousand years. Yeah, and they're still doing stuff. It's just it's just beautiful.
Speaker 5: The reason and the reason bungee's good and works at times is because the O line you crack me if I'm wrong. You guys just aren't moving until the ball goes. Like you said, it's the it's the it's the holder and the snapper. They're the ones that's kind of on the same page.
Speaker 4: It's it's not that it's not that cutting dry as it is in field goal, Like you need to know what the snap count is, anticipate and move walls sometimes, right, yeah, but you have cues and all that too, got you got your cues on too, But you're that's why you're anticipating the head movement of the center or the guard putting his hand out in the center moving his head. That tells you what he's gonna stet the ball and on what cadence. But when you're watching for that, and let's say it's on one and all of a sudden said hot blue eighty and then I'm that second blue eighty. Yeah, d line moves you could and if you give you that vocal to move yeah, and that that could really really.
Speaker 1: Sparks you for a second, gives you a little flinch for a second. It does give you a little flinch for a second, dude, And you're so your your third set is the New England special teams. Yeah, my third set's got to be in New England special teams.
Speaker 5: Dude, I'm surprised you're not going with the boys right here sitting in Nashville.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, we just win.
Speaker 4: We just talked about him so much last week, and I know we'll like we're talking about the nuts segment. But then they've been underdogs and winning over and over again. Like they're there four point underdogs early going against the Browns next week, Like it's not crazy.
Speaker 1: Just to bet on them again. Yeah, you're that's something you gotta do, dude. But like I don't know.
Speaker 4: You don't want to get you don't want to just turn this into it only Titans podcast, like the deserve the flowers and they'll get that when we talk more NFL football.
Speaker 1: I'm just talking about my third set of nuts.
Speaker 5: Is gonna go to that fan that broke up the fight between the Niners player in the Rams.
Speaker 1: Well I didn't see that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was like close to the wall and this fan is in there trying to separate.
Speaker 1: Man, hey stop stop, and I thought it was it was balls. It's balls. You're sitting there. You got you got these two gladiators. I'm gonna call these INFO players gladiator.
Speaker 5: Yeah, about to scuffle, and you just like you're getting in there being the bigger man.
Speaker 1: Hey, be mature about this. You're better than that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you're watching, I think he sided with this boy. Look it's the it's the Niners fan right there. You think he'd like start to help out his boy, Debo, but he's trying to break up Debo.
Speaker 1: He realizes, hey, Debo, don't be doing this now. We need you, We need you, need that. So that's from one point game too. That's where my third set of nuts is going to that fan for the Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love his little hand wisp. He's got two more little things. He doesn't he's just sitting air, but he's doing it for the love of the game. He could use a haircut. Yeah, my fourth set of nuts goes too. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could absolutely use a haircut. Dude. If you're gonna go to a place, why not go to sport Clips. Dude.
Speaker 4: Your hair may grow fast, but after going to sport Clips haircuts, you wish it grew even faster. That's because sport Clips has the best seats in hair. And then I do when they put the parentheses I get, I get, my whole system gets rerouted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a hard time. Woo.
Speaker 4: Okay, we know that watching sports while getting a haircut sure beats watching a reflection get a haircut, which is why at sport clips, every day is clippers and curveballs, high tops and.
Speaker 1: Hill and even waves and wickets.
Speaker 4: At sport clips you can check in with the pros and men's hair and totally check out with peer on an erupted relaxation. So yeah, come watch an endless stream of sports on TV while getting an awesome haircut sport Clips.
Speaker 1: It's a game changer if.
Speaker 4: I Hey, if I ignore the what are those called the little half per half moons?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if I ignore the parentheses, I do a whole lot better reading. But when I read that second one and the parenthesy came up, I.
Speaker 4: Was like, am I supposed to read that?
Speaker 1: Brain just shut down? But yeah, dude, I like the nuts thing?
Speaker 4: Three sets of nuts, three sets and nuts nuts twenty minutes into the fucking deal.
Speaker 1: Yeaheah, we'll clean it up. We'll clean it up. You want something more ball, talk about the weekend? You want to talk more ball, we can talk some more since we're on the NFL. Since we're on the NFL.
Speaker 4: But yeah, and you brought it up before we even talked about Like I can't believe the Nuts aren't going to the Titans, Like I mean, Titans did exactly what Chad Savage said they were gonna do on the S and P. Five hundred, Like anytime I think the NFL actually sweet something like this too. It's like eighteen underdog wins, Mike, Oh no, he has the most twenty five twenty eighteen underdog wins that Mike Rabel has, you know, and it's like he's never an underdog, and it's it's really like that's why you kind of look at this Cleveland Brown game ago, Yeah, you might have to tightens plus four Yeah, no problem or Titans money line low key.
Speaker 1: They played well man well because the charges are tough.
Speaker 4: Hill too, like everyone called for Tannehill's head and like, you know, it wasn't like the cleanest operation, the cleanest game in the world. He was under a lot of duress with pressure and stuff like that, but he had a couple of good bombs, like a sixty year bomb in a seventy yard bomb with berks and Uh, it's just the play calling too, Like Tim Kelly has that Arthur Smith that vibed him where they're gonna start when they start jelling, When they inevitably do start gelling, it's gonna be a lot of points per game because Tim, he gets it. He understands ball, and he understands how to utilize his weapons. So I think that's going to be It's it's a very bright future for this Hessey Titans, a very right future.
Speaker 5: And there you know, their defense showed up when they needed them to crunch time for sure, like your boy, yes I had did I have the Chargers mind as soon half?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: But you bet your asshs up yelling to you who ron at the TV when Harold Lander just shows up there in the end and gets that sack, And I'm like, I mean, I guess I'm gonna lose the bet, but you never know. Yeah, but but I was fired up. I was fired up.
Speaker 4: It is one of those deals when you when you face your own team, it's like if you lose your bet, at least your team won.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like you're kind of in a win win sit week. It was good to see Tanny get that get that gritty win with the boys because he was under a lot of he was under a lot of heat because he had a bad game last week.
Speaker 4: And it also goes to show like from a talent standpoint, it seems that the Charge the Chargers have more talent than the Tenessee Titans. But a lot of Chargers fans right now are getting mad at the coaching staff because of their situation, their understanding of situational ball, the way that you were using their timeouts late in the in the fourth quarter kind of back and forth, and how they they should have maybe gone for it instead of kicked three and one. Thing the Times don't have to worry about is their coaching staff understanding situational ball. Like got to give that tip of the captain, Mike brabl Yeah, it really.
Speaker 1: Is, and the Chargers is.
Speaker 5: It reminds me a lot of uh nebraskatback in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Got ahead, Buddy Sink. You're true.
Speaker 5: But I see some people post they're like Chargers are the team that's like we always almost always win. It was happening like that, like they I know they go through and they got Kellen Moore. I saw Orlowsky tweet saying like Yo, you bring in Kellen Moore, a top oc and the offense looks the same kind of as as last year, as far as the operation to play calling and everything else. But I know Chargers fans are sick because they have a good team. They have a good team they got they should still have optimism though, because that division nobody's to No Raiders dropped, got their asshop down Buffalo. I hated to see that. It does look like the Bills are back on track, and then also knew that was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kansas City won, but they only won fourteen to six.
Speaker 4: The only one it was the only fourteen six was at fourteen nine. That the same point differential though, same point differential though, well you're on.
Speaker 5: Top of the field. Goals late in the game, yep, yeah, I think yeah, like, but saying like, neither neither offense like their defense as Jaguars d showed up.
Speaker 4: Chiefs defense definitely showed up. Chris Jobs was wreaking havoc. I think late in the third quarter he only had one sack. He ended up with like maybe two, maybe two and a half, but he was getting pressures all fucking day.
Speaker 1: He was getting pressures all day. Their defense was looking nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the Chiefs offensive line man, that poor kid was that kids, his last name is Taylor. That right tackle was that yeah, Juwan Taylor. Like I feel bad for him right now because all the stuff we saw in that Thursday a footballame against the lines of him twitching and moving and jumping off for he had five penalties yesterday, five of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I saw the fall stars kind of like serious, I mean some of those were questionable.
Speaker 1: That Thursday night football game.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And if one of you doing you were really good at doing it. There's some of the guys that it was a box. It's you, it's.
Speaker 1: Trent does that jogging up he was low key. Damn you're lined up as a wing on punted times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like you gotta you gotta know. You just gotta understand that part of the game. And I'm sure he'll figure it out any Read'll be up his ass about it and all that. But like also coaching staff, like, if this guy's giving up pressures and sacks, like give him some chips and he doesn't if he hasn't had a lot of chips before, help him understand that. You don't have to rush out of there. There's a whole bunch of shit. You can help him out.
Speaker 1: Roll back up, and that's something you love to see too. With your head.
Speaker 5: Coach, just want him to clear his head, like trying to get him out of his own head, because anytime you can get in the take and have some penalties, you're like, god, I'm sure these fucking cod like sometimes you're just like, they're just motherfucking me right.
Speaker 1: Now, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 5: You just want out nice when a coach is just trying to get you out of your own head.
Speaker 1: And that's good. I mean, I'm not worried with the Chiefs. I would have been if they lost to the jag would be wide open though, Like, the Raiders are a good ball club.
Speaker 4: You just the worst thing to happen to the Raiders is the Bills losing to the Jets without Aaron Rodgers and then playing the way they did on offense.
Speaker 1: Start off scoring and it's like shit, the Raiders might be rolling the roll.
Speaker 4: And the Raiders are a good ball The Raiders are a good ball club. They're a damn good ball club and they they're gonna be fighting for that one spot with the AFC West I know they're they're at first. I believe, I do believe they're gonna get second place.
Speaker 1: Are the Bills back on tracks? Are the Bills back on track? Yeah, they're backing.
Speaker 4: Like Josh Allen not the not the best game, but he was he was efficient, he handled himself. Yeah, but it wasn't like I believe either I said or Chet said it that Josh Allen is an MVP caliber guy. Like the first five weeks of the season, everyone's talking about how he's like at the MVP guy.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that. But I'm making fucking stud.
Speaker 5: Thirty one for thirty seven, who's seventy four to three?
Speaker 1: Bills might be back?
Speaker 5: You know, I think in the AFC right now, it's to me it's Bills or the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: They're in the same division. What about the Ravens. Ravens are too, No.
Speaker 5: But I just don't know how the AFC North is looking like, Yeah, Ravens had a sloppy Week one win. Like, I know they're two and oh, but I'm not like fully sold on the races right now. I don't feel like they're dominating, Like I don't know, they beat the Bengals, but it's like, are the Bengals, you know, the Bengals not that.
Speaker 1: Great this year.
Speaker 4: No, they're just having a rough start Bengal or I think Joe Burrow has started oh and two in like his first two games, like four of his five.
Speaker 3: Seasons start Yeah, oh really, Yeah, this is nothing new for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm not worried about the Bengals at all. For whatever reason they're gonna be.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be.
Speaker 4: Doing them real soon. I think a team that is the brown Yeah. I was just gonna say, I think the Browns are gonna show us a lot today. Who you've got in that game? Brown Steelers, Browns.
Speaker 1: I see. I don't think the Steelers are that good man.
Speaker 4: I just find it so hard to think about, like the Steelers losing two games at home with Tomlin as our coach. But yeah, I think I bet the Browns I might have done something differently.
Speaker 5: On S and P but I will know this next day. Yeah, well, no, we'll be talking out overs. But yeah, that's kind of how I feel about the AFC. The NFC is what's fucking I think that's the conference right now.
Speaker 1: In the beginning of the year.
Speaker 4: What we were talking about, we're talking about a NFC is essentially the Eagles and the forty nine ers and that's it.
Speaker 1: And the AFC is a blood bath. But now we're saying something different.
Speaker 5: You look at the you look at the NFC beast, you look at the Cowboys, They're a fucking weapon. Washington two and oh, they're playing nice. Eric Banemy. We talked about him earlier. Eagles. That's not even mentioning the Eagles. They're two and oh. And then you got the Giants, who, yeah, absolutely abysmal. What'd you say, six quarters here, scoreless?
Speaker 1: Yeah they went six quarters, yeah, sixty to zero.
Speaker 5: But you come out one this yeraro oh away and come back in that win. It might just be the spark that they needed. But the NFC, you got that division, you got you know, the Rams look tough.
Speaker 1: The Rams are a tough team. I know they lost the Niners. Niners are fucking awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the Niners like eight to h against Sean McVay. Yeah, oh, I mean, but the Niners are also just the night's fucking nice. And I think the Niners are early ten point favorites against the Ions. If Saquon doesn't play, I see that happening. But if not, dude, It's like they showed made twenty one point comeback in the second half all the way across the country, five hour flight going out west to Phoenix, like that is.
Speaker 1: That's wild to see.
Speaker 5: And then the Seahawks beat a tough Lions team and then it's like the NFC North I had the.
Speaker 1: Lions were gonna win that one, no problem.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they're gonna win by four and a half, like I said, but I thought that I thought the Lions were gonna win. I thought their defense was too good. I wasn't sold on Gino, but Gino seemed like he had a good game.
Speaker 1: He had some some badnesses.
Speaker 5: You see him run backwards and almost end up on like the two yard line.
Speaker 1: That was You'll have to check out the highlight. That ship was like, yo, hang on now, bro, if.
Speaker 4: You watch a Sunday, is that when Tua the turf bonsor got him. Yeah, he just fucking rips that thing off to the sideline real hard.
Speaker 1: That ship was wild.
Speaker 4: But yeah, dude, NFC Seattle, I'm NFC West Seattle nine nine Nurse Rams, good ball clubs.
Speaker 5: Yang and good Cardinals will be the fly that you just it's gonna be tough to kill every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're gonna have to show them and beat them. Let your fourhead in the middle of a podcast. Yeah, sometimes it's gonna do that. But other times you're gonna get that motherfucking no problem.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're not like the Houston Texans or who else is a bad ball club right now?
Speaker 1: The Colts are a bad ball club. They just beat him club. No, they're not. Anthony Richardson is already concusion.
Speaker 4: Anthony Richardson had a knee week one and a concussion week two. Like we see where this is going in the season. They got He's got to figure out a way to be a little more efficient throwing the ball and and also like stay healthy and slide fair.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying he is a ballplayer.
Speaker 5: All I'm saying is the Cardinals might have a tough record this year, but they're gonna be You're gonna have to beat them every week. Like it's gonna They're gonna be tough to kill all season long. Dobbs played well, like he actually played like very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dobbs a good ball player.
Speaker 4: When no one and no one on this show has ever taken no one's ever said that. We have said, well, we can advance. Playing has been tough, but I think if.
Speaker 5: Anything, we knew he would show up at the drop of a hat at Arizona and put together a nice outfit out there. You're just not you're not seeing them winning, but you you know he can step in and operate the offense.
Speaker 1: We've always said that. We have always always always said.
Speaker 4: That one team that I am really excited for and I'm really happy about that they're two and O is the Atlanta Falcons. Yes, I am fired up about that, dude, because I was scared. That was a cell game on the S and P Like, I want to stay away from it because I don't know how good Jordan Love was and I wasn't sure how good the Falcons were. And it's like, first off, Jordan loves a stud. He's a good team, he's a stud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was that was not That was not good. That shit was not That was not dope.
Speaker 5: But Arthur Smith two and oh NFC South Packers saw the Bucks Packers ship down their leg in that fourth quarter badly. They played good three quarters of ball. Packers are tough. It just plays under the NFC. You got the Lions who are one and one, Vikings oh and two. But it's probably it's good when everybody in the division has lost. Bears, they're absolutely fucking dead. But the Packers are a tough team, like they're a good team. They just shipp to bend the fourth quarter. But all of your h you know, the fouls in the South, like, yeah, Falcons are a team to root for.
Speaker 4: Man, I know, and it's like, I feel like they're gonna take control of that. It's crazy to me. If the Bucks are two and now, yeah, I know they can't sleep on them. They've covered both games.
Speaker 1: You can't sleep on them. Boys are doom. Get your weight up, your weight up, boy. I think he said, little boy. I think he said I think he did say little boy. He did a little boy. Huh.
Speaker 4: That's just crazy like that. I do think the Falcons are gonna win that thing. That's a nice little that's a nice deal for Arthur Smith.
Speaker 5: We don't be between them and the Bucks, I think, Oh, I and then you got obviously, we don't know what's gonna happen between Carolina.
Speaker 1: No, I think the Saints will be in there too. Carolina could be No. I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think Carolina is gonna like in a couple of years, as long as Bryce Young still develops, I think they'll be solid. But like this year, I don't think so who they got besides Brian Burns.
Speaker 6: Carolina is in the boat with the Texans and like you.
Speaker 4: Think so, No, I don't think. Okay, I don't think it's I think the Texans don't.
Speaker 1: Like you have in these takes too, Mitch.
Speaker 4: It's and and their best receiver is a DJ shark. He's questionable today, Adam feeling. Oh, that's right, feeling. Yeah, I forgot, I forgot the little.
Speaker 3: A good route runner, not very very fast run the smart smart run guy route right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a smart route good I Q.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But the deal. NFC is tough. NFC is tough. It'll be your top.
Speaker 1: Three NFC teams, no particular order.
Speaker 5: Top three NFC teams, No, okay, then god in no particular order.
Speaker 4: Top three NFC teams besides the Niners and the Eagles. Besides okay, because they're obviously the top ten teams, are they the Niners and.
Speaker 5: The Eagers are one. Niners are one, and Eagles up in the air. Dude, the fucking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: That's that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But like going into this year, everyone was talking about Niners Eagles. They're still they're both two and oh, they're both too and oh and they beat a good oh and two Minnesota Vikings team.
Speaker 5: I will say, I'll say the top three teams if they were if there were power rankings right now, no particular order, I would say the Niners.
Speaker 1: That just said no Niners, or eight Cowboys Commanders. No, they take out the Niners because I said no Niners are all right, you want to do that?
Speaker 5: No Niners, no Eagles, you got Cowboys. I think you got commanders, and then you go you either go Falcons, you go Falcons or.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think the Rams are tough.
Speaker 5: Now because I honestly, hand up, I didn't get to watch that game yesterday.
Speaker 4: Won that had a bad no no call against him, a bad no call against him that would have.
Speaker 5: But honestly, overall, you're looking at Niners, Eagles in the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think those are the obviously your top three teams. For sure. Cowboys have blown me the fuck away.
Speaker 4: The why I've been able to watch those two games, Micah Parsons is a fucking problem. Michael Parsons is a more athletic JJ Watt.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 4: It is incredible to see him off the ball, on the ball, every gap, move around, doing twists, doing stunts, bull rushes, inside move spins. It's just the dude can really fucking do it all. Yeah, it is, and he is. It's incredible to see. He might be on his way to like this that's so far down the road, but you see what he's playing right now. He stays healthy and keeps doing what is doing. Like we're talking about Lauren Taylor type stuff.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 6: Would he get a sack on you?
Speaker 1: What do you get a sack on me? No? No fucking shot. D Did you ever go against him?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I never went against him, but you washed away. He plays and it's like he his greatest attribute to me against the tackle is understanding like the tackle's body language, tackles over setting, turning his shoulders, being too far on his outside leg or inside leg, like single punching or double punching or no punching. Like he just he brought his his computer processes the game.
Speaker 1: So quickly.
Speaker 4: And literally like like he he reminds me of von Miller the way, like he doesn't seem like the most powerful guy in the world, but because he's so fast and so elusive, you keep tackles on your heels. He's mowing dudes over like I don't know his his Bencher squad or anything like that. It's not it's not going to be like you know, Koalais Campbell or whoever will Compton on the edge, but like as far as like power goes, But like that's a dude that he is, so he can manipulate you so much with this body movement that he's going to put you on your back multiple times because of it.
Speaker 1: It seems like he has a full toolbox too, like he can do it all.
Speaker 5: He just knows, like you said, the computer processing, the instinct, he knows how to counter It's his feel is just it seems from my perspective to feel that's a great one.
Speaker 1: Oh fucking good.
Speaker 5: Even if he gets a even if he's slower off the line of scrimmage, like he just.
Speaker 4: He's got it. He's got got that has got it. But to go back to your question, Mitch, that's truly a game of chess where you'd have to switch up a whole bunch of sets, change your angles a whole bunch, and like hopefully you're sitting a step above him. Because when you do a whole bunch of change ups, like I just said, like you can either be one step behind, it's a long fucking day, or you start, like you get a couple of quick wins early in the game and you start to realize like, okay, I can this is where his weaknesses are, and it's all about really playing that game of chess.
Speaker 1: That's the best.
Speaker 4: That is the best part about football, Like the fact that like, not only are there twenty two guys in the field at all times, but like all all these individuals are playing as one and playing a game within the game of you playing a inst somebody else. I'm also trying to do my job, but I'm playing you in a way where it's like I got to figure out how you're playing and stay and use my strengths against whatever your fastball is and then switch it up enough where I got you on your toes. Now you're thinking like this, I don't know how this guy's gonna set me. I don't know how he's gonna use his punches.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Is he gonna stay inside, He's gonna go outside. And then you manipulate them like you overset a little bit and let them go inside. You can run him into the guard because you know you have the slide.
Speaker 1: Up with you.
Speaker 4: And that's like the fun That is the fun part about football when you're in flow state like that and you're just like, I could literally do whatever I want to this guy right now because I'm in his head two quarters in this game.
Speaker 1: He's got the yips. He's got the yips. That is the best feeling, dude.
Speaker 5: I feel like that's what happens in your position as a pass rusher and a tackle and a corner and a receiver.
Speaker 1: Those kind of games happen. It doesn't like you're saying that stuff.
Speaker 5: There was never necessarily like one on one stuff you're thinking like as a linebacker off the ball or I'm sure with the safety because you're not in like those real one on one we're fucking six inches apart from each other. Like having to play the game within the game, like outside of schematics, like guy vers guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you played JJ Watt and you're on the backside of a play. You know, that he's gonna step inside and go outside and then try to bank around the corner eight times out of ten. So you influence him by going super hard but like pivoting while you do it, and then you can wall him off.
Speaker 1: Now that now that be GAP's massive.
Speaker 4: And then and then you do it, and then you like you think yourself, he's gonna step inside real hard, and then he's gonna go outside. I'm gonna step in hard with him. Nobody's gonna go outside and go with him. And it just it perfectly happens a play where you don't block him the way necessarily're supposed to block that play, but because you played that player that way and makes the hole so big and we just hit a forty yard bomb because of that, and you think yourself, dude, I am, I'm on a different level than everybody else right now.
Speaker 1: And it's just for one play.
Speaker 4: Like the next play you might get beat and you might think, oh, I'm fucking terrible, and then you're playing that game.
Speaker 1: But like, for that one play, that feeling.
Speaker 4: Literally, the only way I can explain it is like when you put on a pair of Georgia boots, Dude, pair of Georgia boots that are designed for the longest shift in the toughest jobs like playing off its line in the NFL. Georgia the delivers boots that are as comfortable as they are tough, boots that you can wear from work to the bar, blue collar comfort right out of the box. Whether you're working on the front lines, fixing that shelf in your closet, or grilling out back.
Speaker 1: These Georgia's are the best boot for the job.
Speaker 4: Georgia boots are designed for rugged, demanding work environments that are built to last, making them ideal for workers in various industries. Georgia boot are Georgia boots are designed in comfort with comfort and mind, featuring cushioned insoles and supportive technology for all day comfort. Do us a favor, do me a massive favor. After I tell you this, you're can go to georgiaboot dot com and you're gonna use the code bust and that's b USSI and you're gona put twenty percent off on that bad boy on your purchase. So do that, Georgia, but dot Com use code busting b ussion and you're gonna get twenty percent off.
Speaker 1: Do that.
Speaker 4: Do that but yeah, there's nothing fucking better than like just having someone's number in the game.
Speaker 1: You're ten, what you're talking right there? You got me a little five fires up. You did bring up a good point about the turf.
Speaker 4: People are fucking mad about the turf, which is so wild because Aaron Rodgers gets hurt week one and then the Titans little go from grass to turf this year. And I was on the Upman Adams Show and she asked me about it, and David Baktiari is a guy that has been.
Speaker 1: So pering voting about that.
Speaker 4: There's a stat like twelve million dollars is all it will take to go from take all the turf fields in the National Football League to grass. Divide that by twelve or thirty two those thirty two owners.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm not a math guy.
Speaker 4: Did do some pretty good math before the show, but that doesn't seem very expensive for the for these billionaires back and forth, And it'll be interesting to see how it all develops once we get into like that March time when they have like the the owner's meetings and all that. Everyone's sipping their mimosas and having a great time, and they also do a little bit of work while they're there changing the next kickoff rule. Interesting if they go talk about the turf and the grass fields.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's every player.
Speaker 5: I don't know of any players that would like the turf more than the grass outside of feeling faster on turf, which as if you're a young skilled player, you're a young guy, like you're not feeling any.
Speaker 1: Of the wear and tear yet on what turf can be.
Speaker 5: Like, I know when you get older, five six, however many years you get into you get going, like you start feeling it even on practice, Like it might be the weather might be bad outside, but there's even a part of you that'd be like, yeah, let's just go play in the shitty weather on grass outside versus being on the indoor inside.
Speaker 4: Oh there's a part of the whole thing is like we need to stay outside as much as possible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm saying as a young guy, sometimes you're like, oh, let's just go to the indoor, Like you know, we're inside. It's not as hot out there, like there's no humidity. We go inside, it's gonna feel a lot better. But dude, as you get older, like the turf feel the turf grass thing matters. And I would almost just rather the owners be like, hey, we're trying to cut this bottom line, like y'all are gonna play on turf, and y'all are gonna like playing on turf. I would almost just rather than talk to the boys like that then just be like, Oh, we don't really have the data to back it up. The data, the sample sizes, all the players cleaning. Yeah, like you know, we would much rather play on grass. So then you just say, we're just you know, we're trying to be capitalists here and have some you know, help out with that bottom line.
Speaker 1: You got to you gotta high our grounds crew. You got to pay them.
Speaker 4: They got to do all buch stuff, water costs, they have all of the machinery to cut and do all the grass and all that makes it waysier just.
Speaker 1: Have turf from a business standpoint.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it is wild, Like it's so funny how we play this game of like we're looking out for players and it's like, well, if you just looked at the stats of how many non contact injuries happen on turf as opposed to grass, and I don't even know what that stat is. If you just look at that stat it's gonna tell you what the answer is. It's the proofs of the numbers. If it's the same, then as an owner, you have that to stand on. And if it's not, if there's a big differential of like ten percent fifteen percent, it's like it's pretty obvious you just need to do that because I.
Speaker 5: Do think the owners that there is some date out there that plays for that Gray Ariya a little bit on. It's not that lopsided. I just think if the players are that vocal about it, but how many vocal Like it goes back to like, do you like as an owner comes in, they will completely put a grass field. They'll completely put on a grass field for the soccer teams that come in, even if it's a turd field.
Speaker 1: What's up they are doing? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or their investment that's on the field.
Speaker 4: Right, because you think of the bottom line like hiring that grounds crew, GA, grass, water, machinery, all that stuff, then you're keeping your top product on the Field's let's just assume Aaron Rodgers doesn't tear as achilles. Now, the Jets are a completely different ball team. They're you know, we're talking about them being in the AFC. The AFC is still that stronghold, you know division where you're like, holy fuck, they're gonna be them.
Speaker 5: You know, it could be a total different game that way, because it's yeah again, I would almost just rather just hear the owners be like you fucking this capitalism, boys like talking about Yeah, you guys signed up for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shut up and play? Yeah, because what is it? Shut up? Shut up and play ribble?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, shut up and ribble, Shut up and play boys, Like, because like, what's gonna happen? Right, Like if you go all the way down the rabbit hole, it's like, what do the players do?
Speaker 1: Like not play on turf? Nobody's gonna not do that.
Speaker 5: Then you're getting into the you're getting into taking away people's paycheck.
Speaker 4: And then it yeah, and then it turns into like what do we are? What do we if it's not gonna happen? What are we mad about?
Speaker 1: Right? We just just go play the ball and nose you signed up for.
Speaker 5: If the common ground is we want the healthiest environment for our players, our best players.
Speaker 1: Let's find the common ground here.
Speaker 5: And our players want grass, like our players want grass, make every field of grass field. If that is the common goal that we all want aspire to get at. Don't play the fucking yeah. You know we got data here, we got you know, everybody's saying, yo, we want grass. Hey, boys, fucking this is way cheaper. Shut up, do or do not? There is no try? Yeah, yeah, just get this. Should we move into some college I know the boys were gonna be at South Bend this weekend.
Speaker 4: South Bend where the Irish is going to upset the buck guys.
Speaker 1: I'm praying, dude, it's gonna be a fun game.
Speaker 5: The Irish looks like a fucking good Notre Dame football team. Not like they do have a great schedule to put them in the college football playoff conversation every year, but usually it's like they don't necessarily treat the bad teams like bad teams. Those are always close games where they have a close loss or something like that that allows them to say, oh, we only have this type of law schedule. No, they have a tough schedule this year. And not only that, but they're they're a fucking good team. The quarterback's rolling was a Hartman, he's rolling, and the Buck Eyes they're on paper extremely talented, but they're not fucking It's like Notre Dame treats bad teams like bad teams.
Speaker 1: Ohio State's not doing that. Well, that's not assarily true, you don't think so.
Speaker 4: No, they had a tough start, just like Michigan did this past weekend versus Western Kentucky, where it's like, oh man, this Western Kentucky, We're gonna upset them, and they end up putting up.
Speaker 1: Sixty one points about bowling green.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bowling green for Michigan, but Western Kentucky versus Ohio State, it was like it was like ten three. There was like it was something like really close, like Kentucky was low key about to score and tie it up ten to ten.
Speaker 3: It was like maybe like ten three with eight minutes left in the second half or a first half, and then by the time the second half was over or a first half was over, it was high Stay was up by like forty.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's a that's Maryland. But there was a I think it was like sixty one. They end up putting up sixty one points, essentially covering and if the big argument is like good teams cover like they did, douche, but it is that's a good ball cup and they just do that thirty five points, Like, but that is what house they can do. Ryan Day his squad, they have so much talent on the edges where it's like, this is gonna be a great test for Notre Dame and see what to see what they can.
Speaker 6: See they do because it's gonna be a good test for both.
Speaker 1: This is their biggest test, right Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean Ohio State they got a new quarterback, Kyle McCord.
Speaker 6: I mean, you have c J. Stroud as you're starting quarterback for two years. It's good.
Speaker 3: There's definitely gonna be a bit of a drop off. So I think once McCord.
Speaker 1: Kind of like the identity gets going, it gets.
Speaker 6: In a rhythm.
Speaker 3: I mean the skill positions that Ohio State has unmatched. I mean Marvin Harrison.
Speaker 1: He is so good, dude, Marvin Harrison.
Speaker 5: This game is going to help us start to decide and separate who's really gonna be in this college footble playoff conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these are two.
Speaker 4: These are two big time contenders going at it and one might fall away, Like, uh, can I see Notre Dame schedule Jackie, Because let's say Notre Dame loses, does Notre Dame have the power in their in their their games to get back.
Speaker 1: I mean, they play USC.
Speaker 5: Too, they got USC will be in the picture. I'm telling you, USC is fucking nice.
Speaker 1: Killer Williams is Williams yeah. Duke, Yeah, surprising everybody.
Speaker 2: Duke.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So let's say they drop it to Ohio State, they beat Duke, beat USC.
Speaker 1: I mean those are the only other two.
Speaker 4: One lost under Dame team, yeah, well one lost Notre Dame team could absolutely find themselves in the Coulturable playoffs. And here's where I think the small little secret sauces for Notre Dame. And let's say they drop against Ohio State, no conference championship, so there might be keep going, oh, there there might be a situation where let's say USC, well they'll beat USC if they beat UC. Let's say Ohio State's in it, and they end up playing in the Big Ten championship, but then they lose to I don't know who. Let's say Nebraska comes out of the Big Ten West, right, they lose to Nebraska and Thembraska's Big Ten champions Good. Ohio State now drops out of the college football playoffs. And because Notre Dame, who went undefeated for losing to Ohio State. They might see themselves back in because there is no conference championship game.
Speaker 1: I know he just landed on my home getting after him. Yeah, you were in the middle of there. He is get him. I think he might be. I don't know if you saw this earlier.
Speaker 7: Just on the note of college football, Travis Hunter is out for three weeks.
Speaker 1: Travis Hunter's out for three weeks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what a shot by this towards a cl the season.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's the thing that was in Nebraska last year and where was he now? Florida a lantic Travis is gonna miss USC.
Speaker 5: That is fucking tough for Colorado and that sucks that cheap as hits.
Speaker 1: I know that was that was so bullshit.
Speaker 7: Calling for him to be uh like banned from college football.
Speaker 1: Oh that's far, which is way too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he needs to be suspended for multiple games, multiple games, I think so multiple dude. That was the like that was such an egregious, over the top hit on their obvious best player, Like Colorado might run away with that thing. If he's still playing, that's they stand up still winning the game. I don't think they're winning by twenty three.
Speaker 5: Colorado State was fucking playing bro But and I don't I don't think that.
Speaker 4: I don't think Colorado wins by twenty three and a half points. But maybe it's ten point game. Maybe they went by ten. I did lose this bet.
Speaker 5: I know I would have won too, had we I got that in before we hit the border.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fucking if if if that sucks. I hate that travel like he's a Travis Hunter is a fucking stud.
Speaker 5: That was a dirty hit. He should have been kicked out of the game. Also, maybe maybe a game suspension. But here's what I loved about it. The rivalry. That was everything you wanted in a rivalry game. I'm talking headlines.
Speaker 4: Taking out Travis Hutter being out like our hearts go out to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's that sucks.
Speaker 5: I hate that for him, But as far as like that rivalry, that was fucking that. That game was everything you wanted and more. The headlines all week long. Colorado State went into Boulder against not only the Buffalo Deon Sanders, the Rock, Pat McAfee, Lil Wayne Offset. College game day, absolutely everybody coach talked about Dion and made it the day. It's like, oh it became personal that all the headlines that came out of that, the shit talking. Everyone was tuned in for that ten pm Eastern game for Colorado.
Speaker 1: Colorado State and.
Speaker 5: Colorado State came out fucking swinging, and not only swinging, but you can tell there is.
Speaker 1: Just bad blood, bad blood in that game.
Speaker 5: They might have stormed the field, but you know there's a lot of Colorado State fans storm in the field ready to probably just fight Colorado fans. Like I loved everything about that game.
Speaker 1: Sucks.
Speaker 5: The chief shot, sucks, the chief shot, hate that Travis unders out, but including that chief shot, because that is a rivalry game at its finance.
Speaker 4: And what makes that that this piece of the rivalry game is so beautiful is this number eleven scumback kid. He takes that big hit on Travis Hunter late in the game. He's the one that got burnt as they get the touchdown. Yeah to go into overtime, right, it was. It was overtime Like that is like karma. That is college football, that is rivalries everything. Here's what I didn't like about Colorado the way they reacted to this. How come the quarterbacks is the only one get in that kid's face? Where's the offense line? Situation that happens the game boys. We got to clear the benches five, six, seven, eight guys, you need forty eight, no helmet on, getting over there, getting that guy's face, getting that who is the linebacker for Houston on steroids, Houston Texans Brian Cushing going up to that Cleveland Browns office line and he smacks him in the head. His face is pouring blood. That's what I needed from forty eight on the sideline.
Speaker 1: Right, no, in the way, Yeah, I'm with you. That is the stuff.
Speaker 4: And then also the fucking handshake at the end of the game, very anti climactic.
Speaker 1: I watched it. Okay, it's okay because that was good. Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 4: Because Colorado played Colorado State played so well against the team that they were literally twenty three and a half point underdogs against.
Speaker 1: But if if Dion.
Speaker 4: Wins that game, covers twenty three and a half, Dean gotta he gotta walk his eight eight toes out there and be like, what the what.
Speaker 1: The fuck do you say?
Speaker 5: Well, he was saying like he was gonna take his head off, glasses off, and shake his hand like a man type of thing and play into what coach is it a Norval Norvale coach Norvel what he was talking about when he got everything going and made it personal. But the handshake after, Like, dude, that was a fucking fight for both teams. I loved it to your point, Like on the sideline you had number eleven hits. It's like Colorado standing right there on the sideline, the white boy comes over and hit your boy.
Speaker 1: You gotta be taking his ass.
Speaker 4: Fuck it, and all all five off its alignment should have been running there getting that dude's face because there's a level of you can show the team we got your fucking back, even though Travis Hunter is not going to realize still after he's in the hospital or wherever he went after because he's like laying on the ground obviously in pain. But you fucking go over there and be like in that dude's face, stay whatever. You could just yell, you literally just yell, but you're showing that body language of like we're not fucking taking that, like well, this is a this is a different Buffalo team, Like we are that we are fucking.
Speaker 1: Dogs like that.
Speaker 4: That's that you need that from your office alignment. You need all five of those dudes to sprint at number eleven, like Richard.
Speaker 5: Sherman, Marcus Mariota. That's that's the that's the little I'll call it. I'll call it there for you, big dog.
Speaker 4: It's a little different because it's a it's a quarterback getting hit and that's a receiver, but like same thing.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing.
Speaker 4: If you're if you're an offensive lineman, you have the opportunity and you you have the grace of starting in college football, and one of your skilled players gets hit and hurt like that in an egregious way, it is absolutely your responsibility to go over there and talk some massive shit. Now do it in a way where maybe you don't get a penalty. But if all five of you fucking locking that dude up in a cage where he can't really get out, and you're fucking talking shit getting on him where the refs have to come and pull you guys off, but you're not shoving and pushings, so there's still no flags. So you're playing smart ball. That's what you need from your offensive lineman. That's what That's the thing I did not like about that play where I would be in that team meeting room the next day being like you guys, fucking see this, Like, how come our quarterbacks the only one going up in this guy's face. It should be all fucking one hundred and five of us out there on the field where they got to separate us. They got to put up they gotta do take three hours to clean up this mess. The students actually coming down, which I want ahead of the students, ACTU real quick before we hit this ad wey praducnon. Colorado is starving the field against Nebraska. Colorado storms field against Colorado State. I don't love it, but this is a cool opportunity for Colorado start a new tradition of every home dumb storting the field.
Speaker 1: I'm with that.
Speaker 5: I thought I thought you were gonna be like, what are we doing.
Speaker 4: I don't love it because it's like, no disrespect Nebraska, right, they haven't been a bull game a long time. Colorado State obviously not a good ball club, like both teams not not good ball clubs, and you storm the field. But now it's like storm the field every time. I like to win the smallest win, storm in the field every time because now that's fun.
Speaker 5: I like the example of it. It's not it doesn't matter who the other fucking team is. It's about them in Colorado and what they're what they're going one and eleven last year and what they.
Speaker 1: Got brewined right now in Colorado. Uh.
Speaker 5: And I yeah, I like the storm in the field. I know people that's that's that's great. That's not that I don't disagree with that, but I think it's like internally what Colorado's got going on right now. I love that they stormed the field. I just I love that game. I loved Colorado. I love that they were of fourteen seven. That hit happens in the first quarter. Like though, I know that they were the bad guy in the movie, but you had to be the fucking bad guy with everything going down. And I love I love the game, man, I love the game. It reminds me should be a trophy game. Oh, should be a trophy game. Should be a trophy game, dude.
Speaker 4: And speaking of trophy games, you want to smell at the trophy game.
Speaker 1: You want to smell like a winner, dude.
Speaker 4: The new Duke Cannon Sent Trophy Game was created with the support from the Bust One with the Boys team and it is available in Thick body Wash and Big Assprick of Soap The idea was hashed at the Bust and Bull.
Speaker 1: Shut out the Bust and Bowl.
Speaker 4: By the way, in two weeks, it's going to be an absolute blood bath in Lincoln, Nebraska with the Duke Cannon team. We wanted to bring a scent to uh. We want to bring a scent to life that celebrates college football and the Greatest Robbertways Trophy Game has notes of smoke, leather, and amber. It smells like a collegiate. Smells like collegiate bragging rights, not you're randomly assigned freshman roommate.
Speaker 1: Thick.
Speaker 4: High viscosity body wash. Thick is formulated with noticeably higher viscosity to and built to work efficiently on your body, not spewed down the shower drain. Big ass brick of soap, three times bigger than common soap bars, triple milled for superior quality, and it's made with natural oils. Find the new Duke Cannon Sense at Duke Cannon dot Com. Slash Trophy Game and now available in your closest Walmart.
Speaker 1: Smells like the Big ten West.
Speaker 4: He is going to get punished in two weeks by the Michigan Wolverines. Shout out the Boys, Shout out in the breast cornerstaters be in one and two.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 4: You guys got yourself a dumb halfway there. You guys are guys a gonna get one more of those in the air. But this, hey, I'm telling you, Michigan's got a bigger fish to fry. We've got a national championship to win. We're fucking you guys are just in the way.
Speaker 5: Y'all need to focus on Rutgers.
Speaker 1: That's just saying. I'm just telling you, y'all gott to focus on happen to us.
Speaker 4: Is having a bad game against Bowling Green, dude, and we still scored forty two points.
Speaker 5: Nebraska is in the hunt for the West. Just remember that, oh ship, Nebraska is in the hunt for the West.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know that? And I think they got they got a good ball club.
Speaker 5: I'm curious to see who they're going to start a quarterback once Jeff gets healthy, because Harberg he was.
Speaker 1: He was operating well, running, running well.
Speaker 5: Uh, not turning the ball over, which was the biggest thing you needed to get corrected, uh going into this past week against n IU. But I thought all phases they played well, run game, defense, just.
Speaker 1: Operation all of it in the last place. Hey, you know, you know what I mean, Like, I get it.
Speaker 5: I was three and oh fifth, right, They're not a fucking tough three and oh team. I was not that tough Minnesota's two and one. It's like, these are like teams. It's not like we have Michigan, Ohio State or Penn State in our on our side.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, You have a dad I know eight in the last four eight years, Minnesota Gopher team that is going to take away that.
Speaker 5: All I'm saying is like we got a shot for the West after the product we put on the field over the.
Speaker 4: You guys are in a three way tie with Illinois Northwestern and yourselves for the last place in the big tank.
Speaker 5: Everybody knows outside of South Carolina, we are the toughest looking one win team in the country.
Speaker 4: It's good to give South Carolina those flows as they put a damn good football game they did.
Speaker 5: They did that was fun, by the way. Georgia was a fucking great time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's probably best we don't talk about the bust and will too much.
Speaker 1: A couple of reasons.
Speaker 4: One, we don't want to get too too hot we had a big weekend coming up with Gilly Notre Dame, and you.
Speaker 1: All know how I feel about Nebraska. I don't want to get long winded again on that, yeah, because it is very long winded at this point.
Speaker 4: And I think that, Uh, I mean, we're gonna have a bus divided in a week.
Speaker 1: In a week, we're not friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm focused on us. I listen. Yeah, you guys will do. You guys are a good team, but it's about us. It's about Nebraska. It's not gonna be some fucking hatred fueld thing like we're coming in there to win like we always do.
Speaker 1: You guys are too. Yeah, you guys are a tough team.
Speaker 4: You've been making it personal for three sixty five. I think we've we've been we've been watching, We've been looking at all the newspaper clippings of what Will Compton said about how great Nebraska's going to be, throwing a couple of subtle shots. Michigan sees that that's a smart school. There's some smart students there. They see the shuttle shots of mission that Will Compton's made, and I'm just keeping them honest, Like next week, next week, it'll be personal. Next week, it'll be personal. You were you were saying some ship in that car that did not resonate well with me?
Speaker 5: What did you guys had to fight for your life that first af against Bowling Green.
Speaker 1: I don't think you.
Speaker 5: I don't think you remember what you had to say. Brother, you do not know this. I talk from the standpoint in Nebraska and here you don't. You're about to get me going again.
Speaker 4: No, brother, we know, we know how you feel about in Nebraska. You're truly their number one fan. I love that for you.
Speaker 1: But it's going down in a week. Georgia going down.
Speaker 5: Georgia facility wise, some of the best I think that they fall.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they beat out Texas facilities. Well we have l SU at one, do we? Yeah? We we.
Speaker 4: We had l s U at one in Texas at two and I think LSU took the kate because of the locker room. Yeah fair, and it was really close, and we just gave we gave the edge to l s U over Texas.
Speaker 5: You going to work every day and you're on the floor where you've got the meeting rooms and everything else. I think that floor Texas has got that floor that's a tough that's a tough floor to be.
Speaker 6: A burnt orange and white.
Speaker 5: Yes, bro, I think job hard, dude. LSU does a great job, but the hallway same with Texas L s U. As far as weight room goes, I like George over l s U. I like Georgia over Texas. I like Georgia over Michigan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I I would go uh weight room wise, I would. I would put Michigan at one, up at Georgia at two, and then Texas and LS. I can't remember their weight rooms, but I don't remember being overly. I don't know if I can assume by either of those weight rooms. Yeah, like it's close between Michigan and Georgia, both big weight rooms, both very well put together weight rooms.
Speaker 1: The floor plans incredible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Georgia's is so safe because man, black and red, that color combination just is so it goes so hard and it's gone.
Speaker 1: It just has stood the test of time.
Speaker 4: Like anytime you may create a player at NCAA fourteen, what colors are you going with? You're usually going with a black and red unless you're doing like your own school or whatever, like usually go black and red and it's just badass. But I think LSU does a phenomenal job of implementing that.
Speaker 1: Purple and gold.
Speaker 4: I just think it was like Michigan using Oosterbahn and that when I was there, that was all at indoor facility. That was all at indoor uh practice field. But now it's like double stories, loft, basketball court, the whole thing. Like I'm gonna give Michigan the edge on that one, but every everywhere else and everywhere else, I think I think Georgia one.
Speaker 5: Uh underwhelming loudness they're on game day, yes.
Speaker 4: But is that you and me having the highest of expectations because everyone spouts off about SEC football or is that truly because they weren't that loud.
Speaker 5: Here's what I'll say, I love you. You did what last year you went to. Then you say you like South Carolina's environment? North Carolina was louder louder, Yeah, so you got to taste that one. You also, obviously you're used to Michigan. I'm excited for you to go back to Nebraska. But the men when we go out loud when we go out to Tennessee too, Like once you hear a couple of these they just you just know, and you're kind of.
Speaker 1: Just underwhelmed by the Georgia.
Speaker 5: The Georgia Stadium, I guess it's kind of built more of a little bit more of a bowl shape, similar like a Michigan Ye, similar like a Notre Dame. Because we'll be out of Notre Dame. I'm hoping that one's like rock and maybe louder, but it wasn't. Notre Dame wasn't the loudest last year against Clemson two and we stormed the field.
Speaker 4: It was one of those deals too. I think Georgia's stadium has the perfect blend of college and NFL. And you actually brought that point up, but I wanted to bring that home. Is like, the stadium itself looks really really like it has an NFL vibe, but then there's so many small nuances that are college. Obviously, the hedges, so historically you walk around the gate, dude in that big that big g is like kind of just implemented and putting certain spots and then they had to guy up on the top of the you know, the stands playing a solo trumpet, little little whatever the fuck it is. It's just it's really it's really nice I'll tell you where Georgia lost.
Speaker 1: Me a little bit is their pregame. They didn't land it. They did not land. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I got they had a high video with no music, and the smoke is cool when they're walking out and there's some big boys now and has a good high school feel of them, and then going through a banner and all that. That was really cool, But I expected so much from a you know, two time national championship team.
Speaker 5: Say this about their fan base, very similar to those well kept hedges, very similar to those well kept hedges.
Speaker 1: Feels it feels a.
Speaker 5: Little hoity tweety out there in Georgia. Feels a little hoity tweety, little hoity toy, a little George. It wasn't even close to Tennessee. It's about I'm just comparing it with the SEC and I didn't get the go to South Carolina. But you guys, obviously that place was probably fucking rocking, knowing that they were a night game against Tennessee last year, but it wasn't close to what we've seen.
Speaker 7: They just announced South Carolina Tennessee night game again two weeks busting balls. We obviously won't be there.
Speaker 1: Ye will be electric Electric is a busting bowld night game. But it's TBD on time right now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would assume it will probably be.
Speaker 1: It's gotta be a night game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, assume it's the biggest trophy game because Robert wi and College.
Speaker 5: Really an early game, get rock, you know what I mean, just getting early pro early game, dude.
Speaker 1: I love early games. But you can't.
Speaker 4: You can't sleep on the fucking lights hitting the helmet and grabbing an extra shine to the helmet. It's oh, it's just a dark outside, like you can't beat the environment of a night game.
Speaker 1: But I'm with you. I love how I love you.
Speaker 5: You were at Michigan in the breast of the night game a couple of years ago, right, Jack. I mean the problem with the night game outside of like, you know, a boy gets a little sleepy throughout the day. I get a little tired. Your boy struggles to make it in that second half. I gotta get off the old feet, man, or I gotta wears some Georgia boots.
Speaker 7: If it's a noon game, that's a better situation for y'all in Lincoln.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta get the fight started early. You gotta get the fight started. I hope it's a I hope it's a noon game. Obviously the pandemonium of a night game would be sick because they got the fourth quarter of the lights and everything else.
Speaker 1: But I am excited for that game.
Speaker 5: I just hope he you know, we beat obviously we should beat the shit out of La Tech. You hope that that's how goes down, similar to this past week. What was it forty two to ten, thirty five tens some shit like that, thirty five three until they scored late there.
Speaker 6: Because I haven't been out there yet, dude, Lincoln.
Speaker 5: You'll love Lincoln, man, Dude, it does everybody out there. They're just it's red. It's red three sixty five out there. Obviously you're gonna fiel the game day atmosphere, just getting off the planets and everything. But people just like it's the only thing out there.
Speaker 1: Man. That's why I got them good people, bro.
Speaker 7: Or Sawid and you know what else you can do Lincoln on Friday night.
Speaker 5: Yes, our tickets on sale for our bust and live show tickets are on sale. We're gonna be at the what the Bourbon Bourbon Theater tickets are on sale right now.
Speaker 1: They are I think we got a text.
Speaker 5: Ear they're almost sold out. If you're listening right now, go buy those tickets. The Boys will be there performing podcast live podcast Friday night at the Bourbon Theater in Lincoln, Nebraska, right before the Michigan game, right before the Boys go at it on Saturday for the bust and Bowl.
Speaker 1: But tickets are on sale. That's gonna be a hell of a game. Maybe a social guest.
Speaker 5: We're kind of going back and forwards on a couple of things, a couple of ideas. You never know, yes, geez, you never know. But that place is gonna be rocking berries obviously, Heads up boys, That's that's what we might be probably be after the Bourbon Theater.
Speaker 1: Uh, but I'm excited for.
Speaker 4: If you if you enjoyed this podcast, you're gonna enjoy the show. Yes, we're gonna a lot of interactive stuff too. If you're coming to the show and you're listening to me, now, be ready with a shout out for shout out, be ready with uh you know, pet peeve of the week, Be ready with you know, just all of our segments, A twisted question that you might receive. Jackie, he's been in the back a few times during our live shows, asking some some would you rather is that? Will you know, shake your soul a little bit so it's gonna be a fun time.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Do you have a twisted question for us this week?
Speaker 2: Mitch?
Speaker 1: Do you want to talk about Twist the Tea? Real quick?
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 1: By the Twistings.
Speaker 5: Twisted TV Go to Drink four Game Day brought to you by Twisted Tea, the smoothest hard iced tea out there. The boys were out in Georgia at the Silver Dollar wheeling and dealing koozies, twisted teas everywhere.
Speaker 1: These things out there, you've been twisted with twisted tea.
Speaker 5: Grab a refreshing twisted tea today They're available absolutely everywhere. And I am telling you, I was taking you know, other drinks out of the boys hands and putting twisted t's in there, and I'm like, hey, I'm telling you, if you're somebody who likes it a little lighter, they got twisted Tea lights, they got half and a half, they got peach flavors, raspberry flavor, the full on twisted tea, the original. They are awesome. Five percent ABV. Knock your socks off. Get Twisted Tea Party with the boys, be a couple of twisted kings and queens with us.
Speaker 1: God, that's how the standing you were in flow state?
Speaker 2: Right you?
Speaker 1: Thank you? I was fired up. It's good when you love the fucking product like that is an easy product.
Speaker 4: That's an easy product to sell. Go ahead, Mitchell.
Speaker 3: All right, or twisted question of the week. Would you rather create history or delete history?
Speaker 1: Create? Create?
Speaker 4: That's simple, brother, I mean delete history like Holocaust deleted. Yeah, like that's gone. Yeah, slavery gone. You know, like you do a whole lot of good there. But if you can create history like back to the future type stuff or butterfly effect of stuff, it's there's a whole bunch of different variables you can go on.
Speaker 1: But I think the opportunity to be like Hot Tough time Machine, Hot Tough.
Speaker 4: Time yeah exactly. But like Hot Ti time Machine, you go back in time one two things change. You go back and see how much it's manipular the new world you live in. But if I'm able just to sit here and be like Titans are gonna win against the Browns by seven this week, and then I'm gonna bet everything on it selfishly, there's no World War.
Speaker 6: All right, I got any one. Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Would you rather drink all of the half finished drinks in a bar at the end of the night or eat all the half finished food at.
Speaker 6: The end of the night?
Speaker 1: Eat all the half finished food?
Speaker 3: Do you want to eat other people's food or finish their drinks when they didn't finish them?
Speaker 1: Eat the other people's food? Yeah, I think that's an easy one.
Speaker 5: In the night you're hungry, especially in feeling nice and loupie, you got your food.
Speaker 7: Let's say you see like a plyter of wings, someone left half finished, crushing the rest.
Speaker 5: And I'm finishing and I'm finishing off the.
Speaker 1: Meat they didn't eat. Yeah, but eating them wings, right? And also think about the end of the night.
Speaker 4: It's two thirty, people are cleaning up, and there's a bunch of half drinking drinks. You don't have to drink all those drinks. You're a lot of sugar, a lot of alcohol. You're gonna get the fucking spins. Brother, you're gonna get the spins and you're gonna throw up fake time.
Speaker 5: That's a sugar, that's a non component.
Speaker 1: I'll eat ice cream whatever the fuck it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, no, I'm saying all the sugar in the drinks, like you have like a b wall shot or a pink panty dropper, and there's a whole bunch of those things in these little drinks. You're mixing a whole bunch of alcohols. It's fucking tough.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 5: Tough showing for the twisted questions this week, that's okay. We can literally clip it. Twisted question this week, create history, delete history. We say create creat and you're like, all right, that was a bad one. That's the clip. Then we can get to be like, hey, the greatest twisted question of all time came to.
Speaker 1: Us this week with Mitch.
Speaker 6: I'll be better next week.
Speaker 1: Should we do shout out?
Speaker 4: No free shoutout Peeve, Yeah, shout out.
Speaker 5: I'm jumping on this one early because the weather's the weather, the wedd that's not like Frank the tank. The weather started has started to break. It was in the felt like low sixties this morning, maybe the fifties, and it was chilly going to the way room early in the morning, flexing a little bit. Yes, I'm up there before the sun comes out. Your water being cold that you left in the car. I had a hot I had a half bottle, a big one of body armor. Reached over and grabbed it, closed my eyes like I hope it's cold.
Speaker 1: To hope it's cold.
Speaker 5: Rob When I put my paw on it, you felt the chilliness. You're like, Yo, it's go time. We're in full swing. Cold waters leaving them in the car. I know we've said that in the past. However, you got to bring it back around because you know there are hundreds and thousands of people watching this pod now that weren't before. But shout out, no free shout out to leaving your water in the car because you know it's gonna be cold the next morning.
Speaker 1: Ready to go.
Speaker 6: I love that, dude.
Speaker 1: That's a really good one.
Speaker 4: My shout in a free shadow is going to go to something that didn't happen to me last night, but I wish it did. And that's when you put your kids to sleep and it goes seamless. There's no problem. They don't scream, they're not yelling. We're out throwing temper tantrums and they just good night, Dad, I love you by kiss. You're walking out the door and it's you know, seven forty five, and you're like, man, I might be the best at ever with the best kids of all time.
Speaker 1: Now that did not happen last night.
Speaker 4: Last night I was in hell with my youngest daughter who threw the biggest Tempertans room I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Week. Yeah, well it could.
Speaker 4: Be my peppy for I have another pet peeve, But because I don't want to, you know, I don't want to shame my daughter too much. But I will tell you guys, it was a little bit of hell. And it made me sit there and reminisce on those those times you have every once in a while. They're like real easy put downs, really easy nine nights, and it's like it's such a great feeling, especially when you do both of them. Like sometimes my wife's a little tired. I say, hey on, I'll get both the kids, and I have no prom so I'll go up. I'll put Willow down first, rip over to win. Win's easy, dude. She's a plug and play type kid. Now that kid can can fucking rip. That's no issues ever, in and out. That's the type of stuff.
Speaker 1: Love it, boys. Anybody got a shout out, no free shot on the back. Sure there'll be too excited the enthusiast crazy brother.
Speaker 3: All Right, my shout out, no free shout out. I'm pretty it goes to listening to music in the shower. There's just like sometimes maybe you're in like a down mood, maybe you're in like a like it's just in a happy mood.
Speaker 6: You can find that right genre of music.
Speaker 3: Or when you hop in and you're either just like vibing dancing in the shower or you're just kind.
Speaker 6: Of putting your head on the wall just like that.
Speaker 3: Typically when you're hungover, you just put your head on the wall the wall, let that water just soak over you, and just take the Sunday scaries away. But there's nothing better than listening to the music.
Speaker 6: In the shower, So shout.
Speaker 1: Hell, yeah, brother, my shoutout.
Speaker 7: Every shadow goes to the last bite of a burger or sandwich and you strategically corner it to where it's just a perfect bite. You're like, all right, I got this one last little bit, it's gonna hit. It's gonna usually like the juices or like whatever you got on the sandwich has been like gravity's working in your favor, and it's just that last really just perfect bite.
Speaker 5: So yeah, on that bike mm hmm, and God have mercy on any sauce that's left over to just to get scraped up and take it down ultimate scoopy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's well, this would be tomorrow, but today's National Cheeseburger Day.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Someone's someone's birthday, someone's having a birthday. I like everybody, if.
Speaker 1: You right now, it's if you're watching right now, that's a good point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're watching right now, we're gonna sing happy birthday. I like everybody who's also watching or listening to also sing out loud.
Speaker 7: And video yourself doing it so that we can see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, and send it to the bus with the boys. Count tag Will confident dude, let's get it on.
Speaker 1: Three one here, two, three.
Speaker 8: Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear Will, Happy birthday two.
Speaker 1: Many years old today the oldest fun thirty three right thirty four? Man, Oh my god, I know you want those go at you the spacings brother, you were.
Speaker 4: Opinion on the couch like I did it in that first podcast, your first Birthday.
Speaker 1: The browsers clip.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the resurfacing of the browsers clip. You want that, take your shirt off? Come on, I'll give you I'll give you a I'll give.
Speaker 1: You four for thirty four. How do you want me? I want you to how.
Speaker 2: You thirty four?
Speaker 4: I'm not the fucking paddle.
Speaker 1: His ass, hang on, get his eye as how do you want me?
Speaker 5: I want you your hands there, hands are on that hands there, Yeah, arch your back.
Speaker 1: Of a bit o. Ready he's out. I was hoping so god so bad you would not part.
Speaker 5: I thought you were gonna see are you were about to go?
Speaker 1: And I clinched some boys up. Hey, hey thanks boys, no, thank god, I'm glad you did that. Well, I'll talk to her about that. I'll fucking squeezing it tight because I know, you know, want to celebrate tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Maybe get after a little bit. You know it's gonna help the morning after.
Speaker 5: Bet the bus winning picks, but it's gonna help yes our morning. Yes, our official drink of the birthday boy willye see and bust with the boys. Body armor from sports drinks to sport water. Body armour keeps us hydrated all day long and whether we're talking, watching, playing sports, having a birthday. Body armor is the go to choice real hydration, real ingredients packed with electrolytes, vitamins, and nothing artificial. Body Armour has great tasting flavors like strawberry, banana and blue raspberry. However, I will tell you that blackout berry is my personal favorite. The best athletes and podcasters in the world drink Body Armor.
Speaker 1: They are available and stores nation wide.
Speaker 5: Head on over to body Armor their store on Amazon and get yours today body Armor.
Speaker 1: Drink up body Armor. Any big plans for your birthday. My wife's doing something for me. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 5: And surprises I love them when they're happening. However, the way my routine brain operates, it fucking throws me off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be my pet beef. It's so funny, dude.
Speaker 4: It's so funny the way you just we got there like fucking Charles playing something for me tomorrow the kid it's your birthday, like you because every time it's having bus today, Man, it's just I.
Speaker 5: Know, it's just just the wires get.
Speaker 1: Off, you know what I mean. There's nothing better than routine. But when it's happening, I do love it.
Speaker 5: You get where there's that surprise when you're at Jeff Ruby's. She drove my ass to that fucking wolf park where we hung out with wolves all day long.
Speaker 1: That was fucking awesome, but I was pissed. I'm not lying. Boys. We packed the car up.
Speaker 5: We drive to Montgomery, Alabama, night one and I'm thinking, hey, sweetheart, like, is it here? Is it in Alabama? I don't know what's gonna be in Alabama. That's gonna get my rocks off. And you're gonna fire me up? No, she won't tell me. We gotta stay in the hotel every night. And she's like, all right, just to you know, how long is the drive today? This morning? We gotta get up and leave by a like eight or nine in the morning. I'm like, hell, drive's not gonna be long, probably three more hour drive. And by the time we're we're in the fucking we were driving back from Athens, like on the windy Roads or whatever.
Speaker 1: Say you're in it like that.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking, what in the fuck is gonna be wherever we're going that you think I'm gonna be so excited about?
Speaker 1: And why couldn't we fly? Yeah, like at this point, why couldn't we Why couldn't we fly? What's the closest airport? Where are we at?
Speaker 5: But then we pulled up I was like I don't, sweetheart, I go, I don't know what you're about to see, but I'm just gonna tell you right now. I think it's gonna be that you're gonna be surprised about me being upset about this, because unless we're swimming with oracle whales at this point, I don't know what we're doing, and.
Speaker 1: At that time you weren't as infection with oracle whales.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: No, I've loved the orca since Free Willie. I'd had the compass, I had, I watched all the movies every friend not known a f Yeah, yeah, but we pulled up to this uh wolf reserve and it was awesome. So anyway, I do love the surprises once they're happening. However, I fucking you know, I'm like, well, how long you know what time you're gonna be home today? I'm we I obviously got to get some stuff in it. We're gonna do if you don't want me to go into work tomorrow, you know, doing the shows you're doing the SMP.
Speaker 1: I want to be prepared. Am I gonna get to prepare?
Speaker 5: We're gonna be able to watch Monday Night Football tonight, like all the things, right, you know what I'm saying, So I feel you.
Speaker 1: And it's a doublehead of the night too, I know.
Speaker 5: But she did say listen, relax, it's gonna be chill. The boy just his head gets in a blender. However, love the surprises.
Speaker 4: Love the surprises, dude, you while you were telling me the surprise about the wolf sanctuary, I thought about a girl I dated. She took me on a surprise, like a surprise trip one time. And I might have told this on this show before, but she took me to Huntsville, Alabama and took me to basically like a rocket camp type thing, like a like a space.
Speaker 1: A space ship place.
Speaker 4: And she pulls up She's like, drives me that. She won't tell me we're going like three hours away Huntsville. It's like a three hour drive, or maybe it's an hour and a half. I have no fucking deal. But I get there and I'm looking around like it's my birthday and I have literally camp starts in three days.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what are we doing here? She's like, you love space?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: No, Like, what do you what do you mean? What do you mean? I love space?
Speaker 4: And we watched What's the Movie with we watched Interstellar and I remember, I remember vividly. I'm laying in the bed with her and I go, hey, man, space is pretty cool, isn't it wild?
Speaker 1: How Like there's just so much of it, That's all I said. And she digs me do Huntsvillelabama.
Speaker 4: And I remember her whole her whole family showed up there so excited to like show me this thing. She's she was also from Alabama. I let to excuse myself to go to the bathroom. I had to look myself at the mirror and be like, just just have fun, just have a good time, because it's going to be it's gonna be a fucking brutal day. And essentially it was me, this girl, I was dating, her family and a third grade field trip, and we would do this whole thing together.
Speaker 1: It was it is the.
Speaker 4: Long, but we made the most of it was It ended up being a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: I can always imagine the conversations going on your head being like what in the fuck?
Speaker 4: I was so confused, like space is happening right camp? Like why am I at space Camp? I like just turn like twenty three, What am I doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Dam nothing?
Speaker 4: It was wild man, truly wild, but yeah, surprises, nothing better than oh yeah, what's happening?
Speaker 5: And she hasn't missed, so it's like one of those things. I'm I'm sure I'm gonna love it. It's it's just wrapping my head around, you know what I mean. It's like just to see what it is it used to do in vacations, and then you're going on these trips to Italy, which ended up being fucking a blast, but it's just a great time doing that.
Speaker 1: It's just like getting getting uncomfortable, getting uncomfortable, right.
Speaker 5: Your boy would love to just clock in, clock out, fucking go home, washing ball, been some shows.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you find time to watch the shows. I spent so much time watching football right now.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's hadn't been able to recently.
Speaker 5: I want to get back in the suits because I feel like my wife, we've just been two ships passing in the night with some of our scheduling.
Speaker 1: But I'd like to get back in the suits. It does I enjoy some suits.
Speaker 4: I gotta start watching suits. I got I gotta finish Last Kingdom with Tailor. She's great show, great show, noomal pet peeve yeah mine, I get yeah, mine will be.
Speaker 5: The yeah, yeah, mine will be the hating surprises.
Speaker 1: All right. My pet pee of the week.
Speaker 4: It happened in South Carolina is when someone tries to show you new music when all the boys are like trying to go to the bar or like pregame get hyped up together the bar. And this happened in South Carolina is like we're in the car and we just finished the pump punk concert and we're all had a couple of drinks in and Will's trying to show me this rapper from Cleveland, who is it machine Gun Kelly, And he's like trying to plan. I'm thinking to myself, Bro, we're going to Jake's. We've been to Jake's three four times, where all a couple of drinks in, Like, can we just listen to some bangers that everybody universally loves. We can get the fucking vibe going before we walk into this college bar. And he's like, Noah, but you gotta hear this guy. And then he would tell us stories that are essentially inside jokes with him and other friends that.
Speaker 1: We don't know, and we got to.
Speaker 4: Sit there and listen to the inside jokes where it's like that's great. Well, I'm so glad you had a fun time listening to like, what is this guy's name, Mike.
Speaker 1: Chip the River And I knew because I heard you the Ripper when I was.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, this is awesome man, and I thought, right then there, I gotta write this ship down because what an inopportune time we should have.
Speaker 1: Just check you. Did you feel the same way.
Speaker 7: I remember Chip the Ripper, and part of me remembers him being better dude, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was, that's so funny here.
Speaker 4: I remember a bunch of the boys from Detroit showing me Shipp the Ripper and be like, listen, I remember either being from Kate Tree, Arizona, trying to be cool with the black guys or whatever. I remember him like hitting and I remember We'll putting that on and thinking to myself, hopefully everybody else is enjoying themselves in this music right now, because for me, I'm like, it's killing.
Speaker 1: My vibe A touch that is so fun.
Speaker 4: I also like would laugh to myself watching will like really enjoy telling us these stories and it's kind of like your grandfather just telling you old war stories about going uphill both ways in the snow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I hope you're enjoying it.
Speaker 5: I love hearing that story because I haven't heard it until just now. But now that I think about that car right over, I was hell bent on showing you guys that song and the lack of hearing that, and now I'm like, I can totally see that my lack of awareness trying to show you guys music when you're just trying.
Speaker 1: To get hyped to go to Jake's bar.
Speaker 4: Jack, you put something on, We're all like kind of bobbing too, and it was like, yo, what's that his name?
Speaker 1: See will work? And like, man, what's his name?
Speaker 6: I know?
Speaker 1: And he was like, like a video and it wasn't even on the Uh, it wasn't.
Speaker 5: Yes, dude, you had to turn the music down just to hear it on my phone and I'm thinking, yeah.
Speaker 4: He called me hip and he's like yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, dude, what do we do when he two jacks?
Speaker 5: When I heard it, I was like, I do remember feeling a little more hype than what I'm what I'm hearing now. That sounds like we got to get on the sound system and it's a little different on the sound system, But anyway, that.
Speaker 1: Was That's right should we kick offs?
Speaker 6: Ama?
Speaker 4: Yeah'sma dude tied in for the Jets, played for the Bengals. He's been on this podcast once before. Awesome guy, incredible dude. Cannot wait to hear what he has to say about the The New York Jets were like literally right now the headlines at the NFL.
Speaker 1: The dude wipe shittiest moment I think we had.
Speaker 4: I think we can assume what the shittiest moment was, but I can't wait for him to say.
Speaker 7: It before before we kicked it there, I have an announcement more more of just uh, I'll just I'll just get right into it. The last month since Taylor's been back, emotionally, I've been running on high and I think it's pretty obvious to the fan base. After this weekend, the Tennessee Balls crushed me and our chances are done. But I'd like to formally apologize to everyone for being extremely.
Speaker 1: Emotional, over the top and just a little too much.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna really just sit back and relax for the rest of the year, but I just.
Speaker 1: Needed to get this one out.
Speaker 7: So Yeah, from the bottom of my heart, I'm gonna I'm gonna be chill again.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be chilli again. Go ahead, No, you are.
Speaker 5: You are one of the heart beats of the Tennessee Valls. I can't have you going out after one low.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I'm gonna be chill with the balls.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying I'm gonna be realistic with my expectations and I'm not gonna let my emotions get in the way and make other people uncomfortable. I deserve everything that's been coming for me. With all the shit I've been talking, I will not be giving up on the Walls in any any way, shape or form. I just need to let you guys know it and the audience know. I haven't been myself the last month. I flew a little too close to the sun.
Speaker 1: Charris.
Speaker 7: We're still gonna fucking ride for the Walls. It's gonna be a fun season. But as a person, I'm gonna be more emotionally aware and I'm getting back into therapy.
Speaker 4: Dude, It's so funny you had that come to Jesus moment with yourself just now and will who literally we can watch them any moment with Nebraska be exactly how you were just saying, Be like no, Jack don't do it just.
Speaker 1: For the boys.
Speaker 4: And I love I love the passion I hated when I was driving, when I was driving us back from Athens, and I would see in my rearview mirror you do essentially a surrender cobra.
Speaker 1: He was calmer and quieter than I thought he was gonna be.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: I well you once I saw because g was holding the thing up and I was seeing.
Speaker 1: It was like twenty six to nineteen or it was. The game was over. Essentially. I I locked. I made sure the doors were locked because I was gonna the noise. Yeah, might fall out this trunk.
Speaker 7: I didn't do my seatbelt twenty minutes out of the.
Speaker 1: Drive, Yeah, kidding us home and a hurry. Oh that's so funny. And how how was that driving? By the way, Ali didn't care.
Speaker 7: I was ready for you to blast someone.
Speaker 1: So you did. Uh.
Speaker 4: You have been touched Heath the last month. But it's football season, baby. If you can't be a crazy fan and you can't just have all the biggest hopes and dreams literally in my head as a Michigan fan right now, I'm sitting here going, if we don't win the National champions we have we have failed, we have failed as a as a program.
Speaker 1: We're in reality.
Speaker 4: They don't want to bake the championship until since two thousand and four, and they backed it back. If they can win three in a row like that's incredible. If they can be the house save for a thirty year in a row, that's incredible. But I have this delusion in my head about how the Michigan Wolverines need to win a NAST championship or we have We were nothing, We're pieces of shit. And that is what makes being a fan of your team so beautiful is you have this delusion. You have this and this is just be the thing that pissed me off as a player, the fans of this type of delusion. But now sitting back and being able to be a fan of my college football team, be a fan of the Tesse Titans and have a delusion of like we gotta fucking win it all and this is why, and meticulously figuring out ways to have the ultimate confidence in your team.
Speaker 1: No one does it better than Will Compton.
Speaker 4: Now Will's delusion is getting He's used it the word a few times, very long winded. It's getting old to me because I need the I need the Boys and Mission to stomp his bitch ass out next weekend. I need to silence that man.
Speaker 1: In a big way. But one thing you don't have to soulence yourself.
Speaker 4: As we get out of this podcast and everything like that, we should talk about nicotine. I have been sober. I'm on my fourth week being sober from nicotine. I'm very proud of myself. But I know Ball and I know nicotine ball, and if you're going to do nicotine, it needs to be Lucy. Dude, you need to visit Lucy dot co and use promo code busting BUSSI n to get twenty percent off your first order.
Speaker 1: But if you don't use nicotine, that's it, dude.
Speaker 4: Feel free. Okay, that's a whole forward, But I essentially just did that. Lucy and nicotine, gums, pouches, and breakers all have three things in commonco No tobacco, powerful nicotine, and delicious flavors. Lucy sent me a bunch of products to try, and I've been really enjoying the Breakers. Yes, so beer Olympics. They sent literally from two milligrams to twelve milligrams and everything in between. And what these breakers do and then and the one thing I hear about the Loucy competitors that people don't like is how small the little nicotine pouches are. With Lucy, you feel that power in your lip where you don't have to stack two on top of each other.
Speaker 1: You feel kind of the bulk of it where.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, I'm really getting something out of There's a lot of tobacco users when they're trying to get off tobacco go to the nicotine and that's where they really, you really like feel the biggest difference With Lucy. They have a bigger pouch and with the Breakers, you can break that thing and that's the whole bunch of flavorst It's incredible. Breakers have something that no other pouches do, and that's a little capsule inside each one. I just told you that if you break it with your teeth to release nicotine away faster than other products. That's essentially it is a very delicious product. Me myself, I'm a flavor guy and Lucy's gonna bring that to the table for you. I've said it before, but visit Lucy luc why dot co and use promo code busting bus s IM to get twenty percent off your first order. Shipping is always free, and there's a thirty day refund policy if you change your mind. That's Lucy Lucy dot Co promo code busting BUSSI and to receive twenty percent off and always free shipping. Here comes a fine print. Lucy products are only for adults of legal age. Every order is age verified.
Speaker 1: Warning.
Speaker 4: This proac contains nicotine. Nicotine is a very addictive chemical. We're rolling right now, Ladies and gentlemen. We got the fucking number one chiapet in all of NFL. Cjsman, Brother, let's give this man a round of applause.
Speaker 1: Oh the boys, CJ, welcome back, bro.
Speaker 5: I know we were just mentioning how last time we missed it with Taylor we had a great dear talk.
Speaker 1: Phenomenal tea. As a matter of fact, I think with CJ was grades? Was it grades? It was grade schools? Yeah, grades in school?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Because I had a couple that I said it to you and you kind of gave me that look like you're an idiot.
Speaker 1: You baked those days.
Speaker 4: But hey, listen, I guess we'll just start with an easy like a obviously gonna lobby this one up, brother, A nice easy question to kind of get us all on a good foundation.
Speaker 1: Are the Jets dead?
Speaker 9: No, No, I'm alive. Still I'm still here, So no, we're not dead. So still alive, which is great.
Speaker 4: So contrary up it's a mainstream media. You guys are alive, and well now we are.
Speaker 9: We are and yeah, you know as much as you I mean, you know this, Like as much as you try to like not you know, tune everything out, you always hear something. You always hear some just random somebody saying something. And the people in your own you know, locker room, the beat writers that are supposed to kind of be for you there against you, and uh yeah, that's just that's just the way it is. We're gonna we're gonna continue to hear that probably the entire year, like oh well, you know, even if they're going on a win streak, it doesn't matter. There's still this and that and it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 9: So no, we're a lot, We're alive. And well I saw everybody in the in the locker room today. The boys are boys are ready. So uh yeah, that's great.
Speaker 5: What's the vibe? Like, you guys have an emotional week? One Rogers he goes down. Everyone knows that story. Right now, he goes down. You guys have any emotional win. The boys are hyping the end zone after that Putt return hype. You're probably you know, not writing high, but like nobody's picking us to win, which is a great spot to be in and then playing a tough Dallas team. What's the vibe like after a loss like that? You know, obviously you we talked about mainstream media. You hear all the room, you hear all the chirps with Zach Wilson, and Zach Wilson know, he's more confident with Aaron Rodgers. Now he's going to be a different product this year. He throws the picks that he does. It's like, is it the same old Zach Wilson. What is the vibe like overall with the Boys after a loss like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I think, uh, I think it was great after you know, after the game, sometimes you're like, yeah, we just got to get back to work and we just got to correct whatever it was. And that's not that's not the case, to be honest. Like Justin Hardy came up and he kinda he kind of let us let us have it, and we needed it. You know, he talked about all three phases not playing well. The defense I think played like ninety snaps. Offense, we only played forty nine. Uh, and that's just that's not going to cut it, right, Like, that's not gonna win us win this football game. So yeah, we kind of we kind of let each other have it a little bit. We're we're all looking at each other in the mirror, and we're we're kind of understanding that.
Speaker 2: We we honestly just played like shit. And kudos to them.
Speaker 9: They're a really good team and they had our number, and you know, we have to take that under the chin. But we understand that we shot ourselves in the foot a lot and in a really bad way. It's not all on Zach and we keep telling him that, right, Like the quarterback is gonna get the grun of it and he's gonna get everyone's gonna just gonna try to collapse everything onto him.
Speaker 2: But he was just trying to make.
Speaker 9: Plays and he didn't make plays, you know, he he I think that he played he played.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, he he didn't play great. None of us played great.
Speaker 9: Obviously, we feel like we got killed and but you know, truth of the matter is we're going to come back, and uh, vibes are still high. Vibes are really really high after after kind of understanding that we played just absolutely terribly and still we're able to have a little bit of success and the honestly just the worst that we probably played quite some time. So yeah, I mean it's it's tough, and and we have Zach's back one hundred percent, We have each other's backs, and yeah, this this next week divisional game is gonna be a good one.
Speaker 4: You brought up a big point of defense playing ninety STAPs and you guys playing under fifty snaps as an offense, Like, where do you guys see that you could improve the most? I mean there's obvious answers there, but like as a unit, like, where do you see you guys like being like, if we could just eliminate these couple of things, we're gonna have a whole lot more success. Give our a thief, it's a whole more of a rest and not have to play almost one hundred snapstrer game.
Speaker 2: Right. I think it's first down, first down. We were killing ourselves.
Speaker 9: We weren't getting any progress on first down, and whether it's communication area whether it's you know, one person not doing.
Speaker 2: Their job, I mean, whatever it is.
Speaker 9: First down, we weren't productive, and we weren't as productive as needed to be. And you know, I think we were one for ten on third down, but those third downs were like you know, it's ten plus almost every time, and you can't really be successful if you're putting yourselves behind the sticks like that in the entire game. So that's the main thing, you know, I think communications, communications in the front communications with the ones that we were having. We weren't able to get the ground game going because on down we weren't getting any positive yards. Really maybe we're getting one yard and that's on us. You know, that's on the communication from the line, whether it's communication from the quarterback and the receivers, whatever it was, it just wasn't happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Man, when you get behind the chains, it is tough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you just start you like you said, you win on first down and get some little momentum, you know. I know this is always the optimism of the player going into the next week, but you do a couple of those things, like it is a different ball.
Speaker 1: As a player.
Speaker 4: If you can literally just live in a world of second and seven or second and six. The playbook completely opens up. You can literally do absolutely anything you want to do. This divisional game coming up. You guys got it. I mean, we've already kind of talked about the vibe in the locker room, but going into this one, you've got to have a level of confidence with the way Boys played this week and then you know, catching Catching it dub the week before. So I don't know where I'm necessarily going with this at all.
Speaker 1: I thought you got what, I got one more? I got one more on that something. I'm not good at this job.
Speaker 5: We have a a sponsor called Dude Wipes, and we asked this question about what it what was the shittiest moment in that Cowboys game, like you personally when you're like, god, damn it, this is this outside of it, probably the score, but like, what was the shittiest moment in that game?
Speaker 1: Personal for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you right now.
Speaker 9: It was We had a pin pull scheme and it was against Micah and I just I was like, oh, I.
Speaker 2: Just gotta hold on.
Speaker 9: I just gotta like get get the ball outside and we'll be good. And I have to stay for maybe two seconds two and a half seconds, and then he ended up pushing me off, slipping inside hit the running back fumble scooped like he.
Speaker 2: I mean it was.
Speaker 9: It was bad ball all the way around, and I'm I'm sitting here, I'm going off on the side and like.
Speaker 2: Like this this is not good.
Speaker 9: That was that was just an absolutely terrible player and the defense hold him to a field going I'm like, thank you God, thank you for to build me out right there because that was not I mean, that was absolutely terrible. I was abysmal by my part on my part, and defense bales this out and then we go back and you know, we're not we're not able to to progress.
Speaker 2: But that personally, for me, that was that was not That was.
Speaker 4: That was definitely the shittiest play when you're looking at a guy like Michah Parsons. We talked about about him earlier on the podcast before you came on. Is there a guy in the league that's touching him right now on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm gonna be honest, I don't think so.
Speaker 9: Like his his get off his I mean he's a freak.
Speaker 2: He ran, he's like.
Speaker 9: Running routes on defensive linemen like watching him play. He's running. I love Gary Wilson. Gary Wilson to me is one of the if not the best receiver that that I've gotten the chance to play with. Right and I've played with a lot of great receivers, So he's one of the best receivers. I won't say's the best, he's one of the routes is ridiculous. The way that Micah on the edge, it seems like he's running routes on defensive lineman. He's just like, Oh, I'm setting it up for this and slip, Oh, I'm setting it up for this. I'm going outside and chopping and it's it's ridiculous. So no, I don't know if there's a better defensive player right now in the league.
Speaker 4: What do you do when you're sitting when he's having the game that he's having, Do you just look over at the old line and go those poor boys over there, those those poor thick boys are just really going through it. Because it's not just the tackles. Dude, he lines up everywhere. Do you do you see it? Do you see it in their eyes?
Speaker 9: Sometimes he's lining up at three three tech, he's lining up over the center. He's I mean, I remember thinking to myself when he was lining up over the center, I'm like, this is like Miles Garrett when Miles Garrett was playing basketball over the center, and what are they They're just putting this guy anywhere and saying, hey, go have fun. Right, So yeah, no, it's it's like for me, I'm like, all right, nice, like we're gonna get We're gonna.
Speaker 2: Get a chip on them.
Speaker 9: Nope, he's lining up at three tech, he's lining up at the nose. We can't You're not gonna be able to chip him, because what you can't find, what are you going to do? You're gonna line up in the after trip him and try to get out. So yeah, no, that was seeing seeing him. He's a he's a freak athlete. He's a hungbliever player, and yeah, we were just we didn't have an answer.
Speaker 5: From his celebration where he like crawls number one without his mill I'm literally tearing my fucking elbows to shreds on that he's able to do it.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, he does seem like he's yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, look no, I don't know. Well listen, now, I saw your I saw you have.
Speaker 9: You had shoes on, you weren't warmed up, you had a nice little punt set.
Speaker 2: I mean you could have done a little bit more. I think on the dumb down, the dumb un I think you can do that.
Speaker 1: I think you still got it's a billy football thing. I appreciate that, a billy football on you. I think.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's.
Speaker 9: Talking about No, I'm talking about I'm talking about just recently. I'm talking about when you all were uh were you all at Georgia?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh yeah, yeah, I guess I guess he caught that. You get it.
Speaker 4: You can well, we'll can catch your punt set, damn near anywhere. That boy he's automatic with.
Speaker 1: I walked in that indoor and I just started, Oh, you guys want me to do this right now? Dry? Okay, no problem, dude.
Speaker 4: A big area of conversation throughout the national football landscape is turf.
Speaker 1: You played on turf this weekend? Is there?
Speaker 4: Is it that big of a deal to you, because we we go on about it. How when you get older, you definitely feel the next day. You do feel a little fast during practice or during games, but after those joints hurt a little bit more, where do you stand on the whole turf no turf thing in the NFL?
Speaker 9: I think, for one, I think, uh dalla, we were talking about it. I actually in terms of turf, I think that Dallas has one of the best turf.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's bouncy.
Speaker 9: Yeah it's a little bouncy, and I kind of like that. But in terms of turf in general, yeah, hundred percent. Here you could stand on turf and not do anything and the next day your knees and back are hurting. And I don't know if it's I mean, I'm I'm thirty now, so maybe that's the reason. But no, I think even prior to that, right, like when when I was younger, I'm like, dang, like why are people talking about this? And I wake up the next and I'm like, my back like it's cracking in places it usually doesn't crack. So yeah, I mean, I think there's definitely a difference. You can definitely feel it even when you're out there. If you're the defense is playing ninety players, they're gonna feel it before the next day, right, and and then today you know it's they're like, oh, all right, we gotta we gotta kind of run this off a little bit, try to flush the system. Yeah, there's definitely difference. There's definitely a reason why, you know, MESSI decided not to play at Atlanta, right because they have a turf field, and he was like, I'm not probably, I'm not gonna play on this turf field. So yeah, I think you know, the obvious answer is, yeah, grass is way better than turfa.
Speaker 5: Is I know, because we we would talk about it, and that was basically what we're saying. Like, when you're younger, you feel like the turf just makes you faster. You're just not really too Yeah, you're not really aware of what the vets and everybody else is talking about until you're like, you know, like, man, why don't we gotta practice on turf today?
Speaker 1: Let's stay outside on the field.
Speaker 5: Like, you just feel much better when you get done playing a football game on grass than you do turf. But I don't know if any players that prefer turf over grass, unless you're like some young guy and you just haven't felt it yet.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, sure in high school, right, Like I remember in high school there was one team that we played against that head turf.
Speaker 2: And we were like, oh my god, we need turf, Like this is sick.
Speaker 9: And now I'm like, nah, I'm cool, Like let's just let's go grass as much as you can.
Speaker 2: Let's get out of here.
Speaker 1: No doubt, dude.
Speaker 4: Was it was it you on the show that was talking about Odell and during the Super Bowl how you guys really went out in the field and the paint was a little bit different for the Super Bowl and You're like, you gotta watch out on that forty six yard line that paint going on there. It's just crazy how much a little bit of different texture on the field can make a whole bunch of difference on guys and non contact injuries.
Speaker 1: It's it's a wild deal. Do what's your favorite before you get out of here. I'm gonna name three random teams, and I want you to rank them for me. Okay, so big whistle, big whiskey, tier talk right now, whistle, big tear talk. Just three. I'm gonna go off. Tell my head it's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Let's go Bill's Dolphins, Patriots, rink them?
Speaker 1: What do we think?
Speaker 4: What if you just had to if you're in your mind, we're gonna pull the trigger.
Speaker 1: Who's the third best? I got you?
Speaker 2: I got you, I got you all right.
Speaker 9: Then I'm going I'm going Dolphins one because my boy Mike White's on the squad. I'm going Bill's two because they got Josh Josh Josh is the boy. And then we'll go Patriots three because I don't really know anybody except for Hunter.
Speaker 5: Henry.
Speaker 1: There smooth. That was a smooth way to It was a good answer.
Speaker 4: It was a good answer to a massive trap question. That's obviously media outlets are gonna be like jusman.
Speaker 5: Will my my Twitter account is gonna say, uh, Miami, Buffalo, New England and New.
Speaker 1: York, JJ, the people, the Jets fort.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna apply to NJ.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna race the Jets fourth in the division. Yeah, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dog, thanks thanks for joining us. Uh, this is gonna be fun. You are one of our recurring guests. You have another one? You got another question?
Speaker 7: No, no.
Speaker 4: I was just literally sitting back in this chair and kind of smiling to myself like, we got a good squad of recurring guest I know it fires me out, dude.
Speaker 5: And next time we will we will have a more fun tier talk. That was such a nice, easy, low hanging fruit that we had to do. But we appreciate you coming on man, because you are one of the boys.
Speaker 1: You get it. You get everything we do, and that's what's gonna make it fun. You understand the process for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate you guys having me on. This is gonna be fun.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, good luck this weekend. Fucking you do not want that green hair to go to waist? Brother, we are, we are pulling for you out here at the bus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, it's actually I do want I do have one more question. When do we do that the hair because it's it's green, and green is loud. But that's a loud green.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, it isn't allowed green. So we did the green before the first week. We dyed the hair before. I have to make sure everyone knows this. We dyed the hair before it was announced and before I knew that we had hard knocks, because Aaron just kept just oh he did it for hard knocks, not the case.
Speaker 2: I did it before hard knocks.
Speaker 9: I was just like, why not, Like how many opportunities were gonna have in my life to dye my hair and people not look at me like I'm an absolute buffoon. People do that still, but you know it's it's okay. It's in the locker room, the bits with the boys. So yeah, I'm gonna mix it up a little bit. Uh maybe like let Twitter decide what's going next. But yeah, it's it's fun.
Speaker 2: Why not.
Speaker 4: That's a great that's a great way to get interaction on your social media as asking the people what color you should go next? And also, yeah, you're right, dude, played. Being an NFL football player is an automatic cool card. Automatic even if you're that kicker for the Colts couple of years ago with the glasses, like automatically cool.
Speaker 1: So when you go and pop on the green hair.
Speaker 4: There's some kid that's a fan of the New York Jets right now sitting in the Bronx going I want to be just like that, and he's dying his hair just like you. So congrats on being cool all day along with that haircut.
Speaker 5: Brother, appreciate that a day voice, I see your brother, I'd see you guys.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Man, ladies and gentlemen, Please, for the love of God, subscribe to this podcast where I think we just hit for four hundred and ten thousand on YouTube. Right there's a big push I love. I would love nothing more to see half a million come jan one of twenty twenty four. That would be a dream. That's my, that's my I'm reaching for the stars, that's my. Jack Macpherson going too close to the sun Icarus vibe. I need that from you guys and make me. It would just make me feel more whole inside. Get the mergery. Have Spootober merch coming out in a big time. Hurry very soon.
Speaker 1: But it's fall.
Speaker 4: Baby, Pumpkin spice salt tastes are right around the corner. The haunted houses are right around the corner. Girl, Eleven days until we get to watch us Spook every single day. I will be absolutely pressing in a massive way Spooktober on next week's pod. It is truly this is the most excited I've ever been for a Spootober in my entire life, and I can't wait to see how all the fans embrace it with me. It's gonna be an absolute f time. With that being said, have a fucking day, have a week, have an absolute week, do something to make yourself one percent better. What Yeah, we already said. We'll can get to CJ. So we're back from CJ. But I love your heads up ball Jack. I love your heads up ball Fucking do something this week to be one percent better. Brother, Big hugs, tiny kisses, fucking see you at the top, as my Chandler would say,