Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Invisi Line, trusted by over five hundred NFL players for their winning smiles, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your host, Nicole Hutchison, What Up.
Speaker 3: Cowboys Nation?
Speaker 4: Welcome in a Girls Talk Boys Talk presented by Invisi Line right here in the s WBC studio. I'm Nicole Hutchson alongside Ayisha Morrison in jazz money.
Speaker 3: Yep, we got wow.
Speaker 4: She put this down a fair ladget Uh huh, very good.
Speaker 3: We need some energy.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 3: I think we need a little bit. No no, no no, we don't.
Speaker 5: We gottaenough. What we like?
Speaker 3: We're missing some No, Are you sure?
Speaker 6: I think so?
Speaker 3: Jesz No hit him with it?
Speaker 5: What time? We got what?
Speaker 3: You didn't get it?
Speaker 5: You didn't hear that?
Speaker 3: No Inerson, do it again.
Speaker 5: We got screaming at us.
Speaker 7: I could use that because the clouds came out and it's it was killing my whole vibe.
Speaker 4: Hey, No, we don't need that, we need we don't need nobody to kill vibes over here. It's game time till tomorrow at three twenty five p m.
Speaker 3: Of the Dallas Cowboys taking on the New York Giants.
Speaker 4: And we house obviously have some news starting with Brandon Cooks being activated for the first time.
Speaker 3: He's playing a game for the first time in two months.
Speaker 4: Uh some other moves with Kayln Carson being moved to IR along with Awesome Richards.
Speaker 3: Uh So, a couple of different roster moves.
Speaker 6: Going on today ahead of the Giants.
Speaker 4: But let's talk Brandon Cooks and what that means for this offense because we've all been talking about it, the fact that this team has still not found.
Speaker 3: Their true wide receiver too.
Speaker 4: You've seen guys step up though, like a Jalen Tolver last week against the Commanders. You've seen other guys like Cavante Turpin step up, step up as well, but it hasn't.
Speaker 3: Been that consistent. Yeah, So with having Brandon.
Speaker 4: Cooks back, what does that do for this offense going up against the Giants.
Speaker 7: I mean, even if Brandon Cooks is a little bit rusty, I do think he'll add another element to the offense that'll give him a little bit of a spark tomorrow, because like what we've seen so far is Seedy Lamb is a certain type of receiver, a very good one. He lines up everywhere, does all the things we've seen Cavante Turpin and how he can make people miss, and once he gets out in the open space, it's pretty much over. And so Brandon Cooks adds a whole nother element and we haven't seen them do like a lot of deep balls down the field, especially since Cooper Rush has taken over, So I don't know if that element will come back. I really have no idea what to expect, if I'm being quite honest, because since Cooper Rush has been has taken over at QB, I feel like we've seen a different team every week, and with Brandon Cooks were adding a different type of receiver. But you listen to what Seedee Lamb said yesterday when he was talking about what he wanted to see from the from the receiver unit and how he wanted them to take advantage of how they're you know, sometimes double teaming and triple teaming him. And now you know there's gonna be people watching out for Cavante Turpin. You put Brandon Cooks out there. I feel like it might legitimately confuse the defense. So I'm excited whatever they bring to the table. I'm like, let's let's do it like we They have everything to gain and almost nothing to lose at this point, So yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: A second, I don't know, I have no one knows.
Speaker 9: And I only say that just because based off of what we saw.
Speaker 5: From Brandon Cooks prior to this. Now, I will say I do think that this knee injury or whatever had been bothering him, and you could kind of see that in his play, just the lack of separation and how he was navigating. I don't, we don't, no, Like, That's what I'm saying. Like, and he hasn't played football how.
Speaker 7: Many weeks and even when he was in the rotation he didn't two months of opportunities.
Speaker 5: I mean, he hasn't played football and too much. And Brandon Cooks takes impeccable care of his body. You know, the players have even talked about that. So I'm sure he's physically ready, but football is football, and it is going to take probably some time for him to adjust and get back into football shape. So for me, I have no idea what to expect from him other than them to kind of have a ramp up period. And also too, it'll be interesting to see how teams respond to him, if they do respect his presence or not, because they were not before. They was like, we see you out here.
Speaker 2: Cooks, we don't care.
Speaker 9: So hopefully he can come back out.
Speaker 5: And I think this is the last year of his deal.
Speaker 3: No, I believe, yeah, two years, so this is the last year.
Speaker 5: He got some money to make too, absolutely, So you know, this is an important time. We've been talking about some of these young guys that you know are trying to set themselves up. He also is too, and I'm sure him being on the field is something that he wanted so he can finish this year strong after had dealing with the injury that he's been dealing with.
Speaker 4: It was a guy I wanted to try and grab yesterday in locker room, but I didn't get a chance to unfortunately, because I had to do Thanksgiving stuff for pregame. But no, I was gonna ask him about how I'd be He been working with Cooper Rush because guys like Cavante Turpin and Jalen Brooks, those guys have been able to get reps with Cooper Rush when in training, campus, off season, and leading up until now, So.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of yeah, like I'm kind.
Speaker 4: Of concerned about what to expect or I mean, what kind of work did he get in practice? That's something that I was hoping to ask him, But I guess we'll find out tomorrow what kind of work that'll translate into. But moving forward onto the running back room, this is kind of an opportunity for Rico Dwell to maybe get a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of some rhythm going.
Speaker 4: I know last week he of course led the way with over eighty rushing yards, But when you look at this Giants defense, what opportunities will be there before we.
Speaker 5: Kodoo a lot? I mean, I wouldn't, I wouldn't. I mean you got big Dexter Lawrence in the middle, Thibodeau and Burns on each edge. I would say that Burns to me, is a little bit stronger of a run stopper on the edge. However, I wouldn't just force the issue. I know that this Cowboys interior got some movement last week. I don't know if I'll be forcing the issue with that of a Dexter Lawrence double team him, get his ass out the way. He is a big human he when you go looking within the rung grading scales, he is just consistently still despite them being terrible as a run stopping team at this point, he is still grades high there. He's still like seventy six I a seventy six run stopper, despite the rest of the guy's not being strong around him. Yes, so I wouldn't force the issue attacking him there. I think you can attack their linebackers and coverage, so yeah, I think Rico can do some of the same things he was doing last week. You can attack them in the screen game.
Speaker 9: Their edges have pass rush ability.
Speaker 5: But they're at times just not interested in stopping the run consistently, so I think you can take advantage of that and them being a more so pass rushy edge group where they're trying to get upfield, kind of do what you did last week, use it against them, go behind them or misdirection as well. I think could benefit with the Rico daddos, but yeah, he should definitely still just be getting the bucal the reps at this point.
Speaker 7: I like that you mentioned them not stopping the run consistently because I feel like that's the thing. It's like they've got some names on that defensive line, but it's the consistency that just doesn't seem to be there. It feels like sometimes they feel like doing it and other times they don't, And I really can't. I don't know what to point to that accounts for that, but I do think that if they show up against the Cowboys the same being inconsistent and not really taking every place seriously, it's something that especially this rendition of the offensive line, can definitely take advantage of and make some opportunities for Rico because he's one of those guys you get him to the second level and it's like he usually ends up with those longer runs. The problems for Rico usually pop up whenever he gets stopped either behind the line of scrimmage or within a few yards. So I really feel like they're going to be able to make some opportunities with them if they continue to show up and not be consistent snap after snaping what they do defensively.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it also helps because you look back at what Rico was able to do against the Giants in Week four, only forty six rushing yards eighty total for the entire running back room.
Speaker 3: But this offensive line has certainly improved.
Speaker 4: Rico's improved, everyone in that running back room has improved. How much do you feel like that can take this run game to new heights on Thursday.
Speaker 5: I think they have some momentum. I know a lot of people we had a conversation. I had a conversation with someone like, is momentum real?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's real?
Speaker 5: What are you talking about? I think that this run game is gaining some momentum. And again, I know we saw that Tyler Smith verbalize that he wanted to play on Sunday, that he's expecting to play on Sunday. Hopefully he's healthy and good to go, because again that gives you a boost. But what we saw from Cooper, bb Hoffman and TJ. Bass, you know, they're firing off the ball and the forcefulness that they were able to run with. I do think this offensive line is figuring some things out as far as like in the run game. But also to I thought, just again made a good point the other day, is the fact that there are some continuity between those guys. They were the guys getting the second team reps, so them rushing in unison is not surprising in that sense, and also too with Rico Daddo's starting to be the lead back. He is now the lead back. It also allows your offensive line to get a feel for their runner and the way he likes to and the way he likes to attack or eats little things of like, even so when he likes to accelerate, when he likes to accelerate in a route so or in enduring a run. So I think that also plays a role. Oh and these guys getting more comfortable in their wrong game.
Speaker 7: That was something that Rico actually mentioned himself earlier in the season that he felt like it was hard for the running back room in general to get going because there wasn't any continuity and the blockers couldn't really get a feel for what the runners were doing and vice versa. So yeah, I would say now that they're having that and they and Rico is getting more reps and they're getting used to him, I would say that's definitely making a difference. Because you heard him say it, you heard Schottenheimer comment comment on it just about how you know, the feel wasn't really there, and so now that they're getting it, it is absolutely making a big difference. And then when it comes to the offensive line, not only is there continuity there, but it's like I mean, often just brings a different type of energy. Doesn't mean like I think that makes a difference. And it's an energy that scares me sometimes because sometimes it feels like he's kind of tiptoeing on the edge of like, Okay, you're gonna get yourself in troubles. Yeah, but it's an energy that kind of feels like it's helping the offense. I think they kind of they kind of needed that a little bit. So I think all of it is coming together for the good of the run game in a way.
Speaker 3: Well is offensive line do you want to see more from?
Speaker 6: I mean, I feel like I know the answer, but for.
Speaker 5: Me in general, yeah, uh, I honestly want to see more of TJ. Bass and that being because you're going into an off season where we know some of what Zach Martin is going through. I just don't know what the conversation is around that. However, you should always be looking to draft offensive line. Let's just keep it there, whether it's in the mid rounds or higher rounds, however you do it. Yeah, and I do think seeing him, him and Hoffman get more reps will give you some more information going into the draft. You do not want to be drafting for need. If these guys are suitable, you know, rotational players, then that puts you in a better situation going into next draft. I hated to see that Austin Richards went on IR today. I thought that he was definitely showing improve as the tackle, as if he is going to be the swing tackle again. Because you have Matt Well let's go, you have Josh Ball, you have guys that you are going to have to make a decision about at the end of the season. I kind of want to continue to see some of these backup offensive linemen so we can kind of gauge what things could look like going into the draft after the season's over. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Same, I would have said awesome if he wasn't hurt, But like bast for the same reasons. When you hear people talk about what the needs might be for next season, like, uh, wire names escaping me today.
Speaker 3: Basically so we get it.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's it's ADHD. For those who don't know.
Speaker 7: My ADHD makes me forget names at some of them know the Hall of famer that you mentioned.
Speaker 5: Oh, Martin zach Ma. There we go.
Speaker 7: That is the name that comes up when it comes to like who people are anticipating won't be here.
Speaker 2: Despite the terms of his contract, but things to think about it.
Speaker 7: But but that's one of the names that comes up. So for that reason, like, yeah, I do want to see more bad just just to see like, Okay, do we already have his replacement or is that something that we need to think about as we have those conversations.
Speaker 4: Mine was going to be Terrence Steele, just because I think this is the end of his contract, his final year in his contract as well.
Speaker 3: If I'm not.
Speaker 4: Mistaken, double check that the twenty twenty four none.
Speaker 5: Bad because I.
Speaker 2: See him do better. Because that's no I want to say more.
Speaker 4: I think, you know, since we've kind of talked about this since last year, is the fact that he's you know, still not still but he's still kind of in the process of returning back from his aco injury that he's suffered in twenty twenty two. But I think that he hasn't gotten back to his full self and I want to see him kind of be a little bit more physical. It's been times where really this whole season where he's just gotten bullied at the line of scrimmage, and that's something that I don't want to see from Terrence Steele, especially when you need some physicality upfront.
Speaker 3: I definitely want to see a little bit more that.
Speaker 2: Gives you hope or are you just like, is this more of a wish more wish?
Speaker 4: I think it's a little bit more. There's been moments, there's been times where he has he's had I think it's when he has help, when he has titands helping with extra protection, he's a little bit better.
Speaker 3: But I want to see where he doesn't need that, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean that's something that she typically don't want to have to do because it allows guys like Jake Ferguson to be a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Like a weapon.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell you some sister, I already know you're going to say that. I think. I think what he is right now is what he is. It hurts me, I will say. I will say from a coaching standpoint, yeah, that might be something that could possibly change this offseason just because of everything that's going on. Whatever. I would like to see, every coach teaches different things. This offensive line has struggled the last two years despite being very talented. But is it the coaching or I think it can be. I think it's technique. I think it could be a mixture of certain things because we don't know what they're being asked to do. We don't know if it's different than what maybe there used to being. Coach. Joe Philben is Terrence Steel is Joe Philben's baby, not Mike Clari's. And these are things that come up when you do coaching changes. Is that there's technique in coaching changes and what they're asked to do. So that's something I'm trying to pump my brakes on. But as far as just how Terrence is playing, he still finds confidence in the run game. I agree with you that he can look. He looks that he has really good reps, and then he has reps where you're just like, what's happening And it is very inconsistent in that sense. And you know, to Terrence's credit, this is an undrafted free agent that has become a starter in this league. Busted his tail to get back from the ACL, came back last year, played all season, and he was a little early. I respect him for what he's done. But you know, obviously we have to talk about what the play looks like on the field, and both of your tackles cannot be problem spots.
Speaker 2: We can't.
Speaker 5: It's a problem. As a matter of fact, we're about to see that again this week. You're gonna see what it looks like when both of your tackles are struggling. I think that Tyler Guidan has found some things, you know, and obviously awesome has been out there as well as spots.
Speaker 2: So that spot.
Speaker 5: There has been times where Terrence there's been more pressure coming from the right side than the left, and there's a rook on the other side. Yep. So it's tough and it's a hard conversation to have because I have a lot of respect from Terrence, but you want one hundred percent correct. We do need to see better play from him, otherwise you might be going into the draft or free agency asking some questions.
Speaker 7: I think it's fair to have respect for him, you know, that's why he got the extension that he got. He's done things to earn that respect. But going back to your point about coaching, there are some players who they will stick strictly to what the coach tells him to do, whereas there are some players will kind of like use that to loosely guide what it is that they do. So it is possible that if he's one of those guys that's like, I'm going to try to follow these instructions to the tea, maybe there is something about those instructions that's like tripping him up a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's possible because I think he's recovered.
Speaker 5: Anytime I've talked to Terrence, and I'm very candid with him, Well, he looked.
Speaker 4: Good in training camp. Yes, it's really good in training camp. That's where it's kind of like, I'm I'm.
Speaker 2: I think he's recovered.
Speaker 5: I think he's it's what we're a year and.
Speaker 3: Like almost.
Speaker 5: It'll be almost two years and recovered. He's recovered from that injury. I don't think it's a lack of confidence. He's just getting beat and so again like what are they again? What are they being asked to do? Because I remember I don't remember which offensive line coach it was, but he wanted them to be more reactive then, yes, more reactive than be the initiator. Maybe it wasn't Phil, but I maybe it was the coach before that, but one of their coaches. I remember the coaches talking the players talking about it in training camp on the fan that they were saying the different things that they were being taught to do. And I'm like, yeah, but I need y'all to be putting people in the dirt. I need you to be punching. I need you to be redirecting people with your hands. I need you to be physical. And that's what you're lacking from Terrence. Sometimes he doesn't even get his hands on people. They're moving so fast on him.
Speaker 4: But you don't see that from Tyler Smith. No, you don't see that from Zach Martin.
Speaker 5: Even with Guiden even has some of his issues and it's similar sometimes, but Guiden has And I think Terrence Steel is a fantastic athlete. Guidance's feet save him a lot. Terrence's Terrence's hands, Terrence's hands are not as fast as his feet and his feet like it's not married together right now, and people are just blowing past and he's opening up his hips. He's oversetting. Like that tells me he's not confident in being able to kick and get out wide and get in position.
Speaker 7: If you're not confident. That's gonna make you be more reactionary anyway.
Speaker 5: He sees the film and he's a hard worker. Oh so, And that's what I'm saying, is like it's either technique or he just can't do it, because one thing I know about Terrence is that he's working to be able to do it. He works harder than maybe anyone else in the locker room. So it's hard to see it sucks for real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, hopefully we see a little bit better, yes, And we're gonna have a lot.
Speaker 6: Of confidence in him moving forward.
Speaker 4: All Right, we're gonna take our first break here on Girls Talk Boys Stop, presented by and Vincline will be read back.
Speaker 10: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Discover Aiden, the official luggage partner the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Known for topchier engineering and craftsmanship, Aiden offers more than just bags. Originating from Australia and designed in New York, emerges fashion, design and culture used by Dallas Cowboys player's staff and the entire organization. Aiden provides style and functionality for all travelers. Visit aidendebrand dot com and use code aidenex Cowboys for twenty five percent off your purchase. Travel like your favorite stars with.
Speaker 8: When you're on the field, you know what it takes to lead your team and play with confidence. But that confidence shouldn't just stop at gay time. It should follow you off the field too. Join over five hundred NFL players who trust in Visiligne, the number one doctor recommended clear a liner brand. Ready to take the first step towards a smile you'll love, visit in Visiligne dot com, slash NFL and find a doctor near you today. Transform your smile and take your confidence to the next level. Both on the field.
Speaker 3: And off Cowboys fans.
Speaker 12: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't.
Speaker 2: Know you had.
Speaker 12: Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Boys.
Speaker 7: The most electrifying event of the holiday season is here. Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza powered by Reliant is back at the Star in Frisco. Join us every Friday and Saturday night from November twenty second through December twenty first for a spectacular holiday show with the Dallas Cowboys, cheerleaders, Rhythm and Blue, Rowdy Santa Claus, and surprise tree lighting appearances from your favorite Cowboys heroes. Best of all, this show is free. For details, visit the Star District dot com. Don't miss out on the holiday magic.
Speaker 3: I love how you emphasize the free.
Speaker 7: Free parking is free too.
Speaker 5: It was. It was a cute free you know.
Speaker 2: It's also do everything costs money?
Speaker 6: But yeah, everything do cost money? Life is getting expensive?
Speaker 2: Yes it is, yea.
Speaker 5: And the sad part is like, no, one war doesn't old us, not at all.
Speaker 2: Link. But but you were about to y'all do what's dope?
Speaker 3: I'm giving y'all one.
Speaker 4: Josh Butler, Yeah, but I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Give you one guess.
Speaker 5: He didn't?
Speaker 6: Did did?
Speaker 5: What's dope?
Speaker 2: There's so many things doe.
Speaker 4: No, what's dope is the fact that Luke Schoolmaker is being trusted in the passing game.
Speaker 2: That is also dope, seeing his.
Speaker 6: Snap can go up.
Speaker 4: Uh, but no, when you look back to Week four against the Giants, he had no touches, no catches in the passing game. Of course, with Jake Ferguson going down with the concussion, that's changed and obviously been a huge reason of why.
Speaker 6: You're seeing a little bit more of Blue schooon Maker.
Speaker 4: But he's played well, he's played well, he's developed some trust within the coaching staff, specifically off of last week.
Speaker 3: How much do y'all feel like this.
Speaker 4: Team should start implementing him in the passing game starting tomorrow?
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like the path that they're on is good.
Speaker 7: I can't really say how much they should start implementing him in the passing game because it feels like there's already so much up in the air, like we don't know what's gonna have happen mc brandy cooks.
Speaker 2: Will they change how they use turpent?
Speaker 7: There's already a lot of questions, so like it's hard for me to answer that. However, I do like the fact that he is getting more snaps. I feel like they almost don't have a choice really.
Speaker 6: Just what they think.
Speaker 3: Would you like to see him get a little bit more snaps?
Speaker 7: I mean, sure, why not? Especially against who they're playing tomorrow. If they do want to try that and see how it goes, tomorrow is a good day to do it. So absolutely, I think when they have been trusting him, he's shown that he is trustworthy in a lot of instances, So absolutely, go for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know what it is about tight ends the Cowboys Titans versus the Giants. What if you go go back and look at and Schultz some of Jake Ferguson's games, his early games, like Blake Jarring, like drawing, like they just be tearing the giants up. Blake got tight ends always have a day. But in regards to whether I want to see more of him, yes, I me evaluate, go ahead and draft another tight end.
Speaker 3: You want to draft another one?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 4: Mmm, okay, So Jake got Luke, you got Brevin Well. You guys also have to see what John Stevens looks like.
Speaker 5: To which is and and And that's why I said you need to he needs gone ahead, go ahead and invest in a tight end. Uh. Again, this does not have to be early rounds, but I just think you need to add more uh to that room at this point.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: You know, Luke Schoomaker is showing some things in the blocking game. I think he made some tough contests to catch his last week. H showing off some of his concentration stuff like that. Obviously, Brevan spam Ford they're designing some place for him. I was a couple of some of the players they ran last week. I did a film breakdown looking at some of the things they did with him and some of the stuff we haven't seen. So I was like, oh, okay, they kind of maybe see something there with him as well, and it's fine, Like Brevis Spanford, undrafted free agent from Minnesota. He's someone that they he got to pay a little penny for undrafted free agent. They have some expectations from him. Luke Schoolmaker, they have expectations from him the same way that you said you want to see more Terance. Still, I would like to see more Luke Schoolmaker because again, it's gonna give me information on you know, they're being kind of thrust into this position because we've been talking about it all year, that tight end to spot is there and no one is consistently taking it, you know what I'm saying, Like someone might show up a game, but then you look back the next game and then you look up it's like, Okay, well who's tight end too? So I do think this is an opportunity for one of them to separate themselves, or for both of them to show what they're capable of. But I really think that tight end feels like a need going into next season just for death purposes, especially what would happen to John Stevens Jr. Which is very tragic and we're hoping the best for him.
Speaker 4: Still sticking with Thursday though, when you talk about the tight ends they've been used on some big play opportunities and that there's opportunities for explosive plays.
Speaker 6: When you're talking about the Cowboys, do you feel like.
Speaker 3: It'll be more of maybe a Brevin span Ford.
Speaker 4: That should get those opportunities or do you think they should kind of stick to feeding Luke.
Speaker 5: And whatever the situation calls for. I mean, I think that Cooper Rush has a rapport with kind of both of them.
Speaker 9: It seems like so to me, I would.
Speaker 7: I feel like they could go either way, whoever is open exactly whoever crying. I think although we're seeing good things from them, we still haven't seen any anybody set themselves so much farther apart that it's like, oh no, that's the one who needs to get it. We've seen different things, but it hasn't necessarily been so much more from one of the other. So I think it all just depends on what they feel comfortable doing and what the defense is responding to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you can attack the middle of this Giants defense. You got a couple guys in their secondary just dealing with some injuries. Uh uh. Deontay Banks I think is dealing with a rib injury. The other es Yeah, yeah, Yeah, the other gentleman up for them. Hold on, let me see, I'm dripping.
Speaker 2: I mean Elijah Riley, but.
Speaker 9: He's I think was Nuban dealing with something too.
Speaker 5: M h, he's not on here, Barnacles. There's enough corner for them that's dealing with something or not. Maybe it's not a corner of safety anyway.
Speaker 2: So they've got Tay Banks.
Speaker 5: I had their I had their depth sharp pulled up. That's on me. But anyway, I do think that you can attack the middle of their defense. You saw last week the Cowboys clearly saw some opportunities to attack the middle field. They did with Bourbon spin Ford on a fake. He just kind of rolled out to the out side. They did it with Ceedee Lamb coming across the field. They did it with a schoolmaker of the scene. So Dallas saw a weak point. And when you look at the Giants defense, they don't typically run a lot of man. They're gonna opt to do zone because they got some youngins and they're not trying to get them burnt. So I do think for Cooper Rush, the type of quarterback that he is, which is very much so the ball comes out quickly. He's trying to be on time. I think they will try to find some soft spots in this zone, specifically like the middle of the field, which is scary place, but you can attack it. So I would attack the middle of their defense. Their nickel corner isn't the strongest as well, So yeah, when.
Speaker 3: You talk, sorry, I'm sorry, I know.
Speaker 4: I was looking at some of the things that they do, which is play a lot of single high safety.
Speaker 6: Then I looked at found a stat from CD He's.
Speaker 3: Been targeted on half.
Speaker 6: This was against the Giants, by the way.
Speaker 4: In Week four, Sorry, he was targeted on half of his routes versus single high safety coverage and week four against the Giants catching every one of his targets for eighty eight yards.
Speaker 6: And a touchdown. Can this be another big game for.
Speaker 2: C for Turping? I thought about Turping.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're telling me, you tell me who's your safety?
Speaker 4: I mean Tyler Nuban can move. But yeah, that's what that's who I was thinking about today. He's not on it today.
Speaker 2: He was on it yesterday.
Speaker 5: It was yesterday. It's the back, it's the back.
Speaker 3: What's today? Oh, today's Wednesday?
Speaker 4: He is on there limited, he was limited today's but there's no back, but there's no game status. They only have for their game statuses. Deontay Banks questionable. Uh, Tommy DeVito questionable, which is hello, as he went to I R and then they have on watch their defensive linement out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we have another slam police to the house. I beg of the if they gonna put that with if they and again, uh, Tyler Nuban is more of a strong but they will have him do some free stuff. He is rangey, he can run. I don't think any of these guys can run with Cavante Turpin. I would no Lacey, who can single?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 2: Are you okay?
Speaker 5: Fine?
Speaker 2: What you got?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 7: I'm glad that you brought up Turpin like I was gonna comment on this being another game for a CD, which I think yes, especially like I mean, he's he's become more of an aggressive player. The block that he laid last week was really impressive. I like seeing that from him because you kind of saw it for a second where he did that thing he does where he's like, where's my flag and then all of a sudden he was like, oh wait, the play is still going, and I'm like, yes, growth absolutely so, between that type of growth and him lining up all over the field, Like, yes, of course this has the potential to be a big game for CD. But something else that could make it a big game for CD is the fact that Cavante Turpin is bringing so much to the table and he's becoming so much more of a recognizable threat. So I do believe it could it could potentially be a big game for both of them for different reasons. Turpin has grown in in several ways, like, yes, he's a fast guy, but it also feels like he's seeing the field a little bit better when it comes to which blocks he's following or which path he decides to take. It just feels like he's making so much better choices than he did even earlier this season. And the way that he's able to cut to the inside, get himself open for the quarterback and then it's just open field in front of him. Wow, that is just that's not something we've seen a lot from the wide receiver room.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he's catching the ball a little bit better too.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yes, he wasn't as confidence as confident with his hands at the start of the season, so you're seeing a little bit more confidence in that.
Speaker 3: Area as well.
Speaker 6: Also, let's look at.
Speaker 4: This injury port real quick, because we did not take a look at it at the beginning. Eric Kendricks is questionable for tomorrow, and then of course Marshawn Neeland is doubtful, Trayvon Diggs questionable.
Speaker 3: You have Drake Ferry, wh we alread knew that he was.
Speaker 4: Out, and Anicividual questionable.
Speaker 6: He was limited in today's practice.
Speaker 3: Uh is this I cannot goodness?
Speaker 5: There we go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Zach Martin is ruled out. So let's start with Eric Kendricks. Eric Kendricks questionable. How big of a loss is that?
Speaker 5: Or is it?
Speaker 6: In the mont Clark we were talking about this as fie.
Speaker 5: I think it's a loss, but I think like, and I say this in the most respectful way I can. He's been injured almost all season. It's been on and off, and he's been on the field, he's off the field. He's been on the field off the field. You know who's been on the field on special teams? Who's healthy? The mont Clark just play them, just play them, just just I mean, I get it, and I understand. Eric Hendricks is clearly banged up. He was dealing with the bat coming out of training camp. If I'm not mistaken, let him get his rest. I get it. I understand what state and what part of his career he's in. But the moont Clark also too. I just think it's about that time, Like what you to your point, like to the point we were talking about earlier, like you are kind of in evaluating in an evaluating state, and you haven't really gotten a good look at him for real. I mean, so I would go with the god that's mckelthy and just play some football.
Speaker 7: Kendrick's had a good game last week and it would be nice for him to be able to continue that. But this is yet another game where my main concern with him possibly being out comes to the organization of the defense. And I mainly say that just because Malik Neighbors has expressed some dissatisfaction with the offense, with the Giants offense publicly, and it seems like he has a better game when there's pre snap motion, and so it kind of makes me wonder, like, Okay, are we going to see more of that from the Giants because of what's being expressed, Like are they in a place where they are trying to win this game. Do they feel like they still have something to play for or are they going to bring the same old, same old to the table, or might they go ahead and step their game up just because that's what some teams do against the Cowboys, or because some of them are trying to be evaluated.
Speaker 2: So many questions, so many variables.
Speaker 7: But that's the main thing that worries me, is that if they do show up tomorrow and decide like, actually, we're here to win.
Speaker 2: We don't care that our QB is gone. We want to win.
Speaker 7: We're gonna implement some more emotion, try to get neighbors going. That kind of thing does kind of I don't know, it raises my intent is a little bit.
Speaker 2: But that's the main reason.
Speaker 7: Outside of that, I'm with you, Ayisha, like put them one Clark in or let somebody whoever get a chance, because there are some guys who need to be evaluated. There are some guys who can and have stepped up, you know, So from a personnel standpoint, I'm not as worried. It's the organization that concerns me. Like Kendricks has been good about that.
Speaker 3: Did you talk about guys that have stepped up? Josh Butler.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna talk to you about this because we kind of touched on Josh Butler and what he's done.
Speaker 3: The past couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: But do you feel like he can repeat what he's done tomorrow potentially?
Speaker 2: Now? Exactly what he did?
Speaker 3: Not exactly.
Speaker 7: That was literally a record breaking game that he had last week, and he's been so brading it all week on Instagram, as he should by all means, when you fight for five years to have a game like that, then yes, like give yourself flowers all day.
Speaker 2: So can he do it again?
Speaker 7: I believe so because the things that were enabling him to do that, it didn't seem like it was factors that can't be duplicated. It seemed like he was bringing his own energy, his own aggressiveness to the table. Now, the question is where was that before? Where did it come from?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 7: Why was that not brought to the table before? That's the thing that I think makes a lot of people question it. It's like, Okay, if you were fighting this long to get into the league, you finally get to the Cowboys, you finally get your shot, and you know this. It's not like this was his first time being on the field. So it's like where the depth chart girl opportunity when you think, like I dang, and so it's like, because we've seen it, we know he can do it again.
Speaker 2: But it's like, Okay, well why didn't he do it before?
Speaker 7: And that's what makes people say like, well, what if he can't, But I think he can, you know, and maybe that's maybe it's just something that had to be turned on.
Speaker 2: Maybe he had to feel it.
Speaker 7: You know. Sometimes people are like, you know what, I have nothing else to lose, so I'm just gonna go out there and do my thing. And then they do it and it's like, oh, this is what happens when I trust my own instincts and they step up. So maybe he'll do that again and he'll have another great game.
Speaker 5: So he's getting some help too from the I think the defensive line getting the amount of pressure that's a good point in sacks and things like that are something that, look Kingling Carson are like a word, I mean commercy it probably you know this with the lack of pass rush that this defensive line has had for the majority of the year prior to Michael Parsons getting back on the field, and again they were getting pressure, but it the metrics say they were getting pressures. But if you would go look within the game for the first seven weeks of the season, you're like, it.
Speaker 2: Was pressures by definition that.
Speaker 5: Man is that man can curl up in a blanket back there with how much time he had. So I felt like it was a really rough year to be a rookie in this defense. But for Josh Butler, He's always played with this fire and in preseason There's plenty times I've seen him in preseason and I've been like, oh, he's a little crazy.
Speaker 2: I like it. Hey, Hey, So.
Speaker 5: It's no surprise to me that like that kind of showed. I mean, I wouldn't say that he had the greatest game last week, but he came back this week, this past week and really showed he was capable of He's a press man, sticky corner and so yeah, I'm I'm not sure. I'm not gonna situ like hes gonna have a living tackles lord have mirthy, But as far as the temperament of his play, that's who is a type place. So yeah, I'm I'm I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of the secondary this week.
Speaker 7: I'm glad you brought that up about the defensive line, because I literally was thinking, like, how did I not notice that he was so good at this whole tight coverage thing? But you know, having that little bit of help that does.
Speaker 2: Make it difference.
Speaker 5: Need it all right?
Speaker 3: What we also need? Oh when tomorrow.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back with more Girls Talk, Boys Talk presented by Visiligne, And I want y'all to think about.
Speaker 6: Who do you feel like will make you smile? On Thursday we have to do our sponsor segment from in Vision Line.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back. When you're on the field.
Speaker 8: You know what it takes to lead your team and play with confidence. But that confidence shouldn't just stop at gay time. It should follow you off the field too. Join over five hundred NFL players who trust in visi Line, the number one doctor recommended clear a liner brand. Ready to take the first step towards a smile you'll love, visit in visiligne dot com, slash NFL and find a doctor near you today. Transform your smile and take your confidence to the next level, both on the field and off.
Speaker 12: Cowboys fans. When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes.
Speaker 3: Our team of tax professionals has local.
Speaker 12: Expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 10: With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Discover Aiden, the official luggage partner the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders known for topcheer engineering and craftsmanship. Aiden offers more than just bags. Originating from Australia and designed in New York in merger is fashion, design and culture used by Dallas Cowboys, player's staff and the entire organization. Aiden provides style and functionality for all travelers. Visit aidendebrand dot com and use code aidenex Cowboys for twenty five percent off your purchase. Travel like your favorite stars with Aiden.
Speaker 7: Celebrate the holiday season at at and T Stadium. Get a tour of the home of the Dallas Cowboys, plus your photo with Santa and missus Claus from December tenth through fourteenth. Limited inventory is available. Secure your tickets today at att Stadium dot com.
Speaker 3: Slash Tours Bingo.
Speaker 6: We got tours going on right now too, so go ahead.
Speaker 5: It's the holidays, the holiday, people's families day. I seen another I seen another fellow service dog. It was a little Minnie Azzie. It was so cute, It was so polite. It was just sitting there looking around.
Speaker 3: I'm crying. Was that dog like as nice as congo?
Speaker 9: It looked nice.
Speaker 5: It was just sitting there and just it looks so happy. You know, so well behaved going on a tour was Oh Jesus, look at that baby.
Speaker 6: Dogs make you smile, they.
Speaker 3: Do, but another player should make.
Speaker 2: You smile tomorrow, and another type of dog making us smile.
Speaker 5: I'm a dog, a dog?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 6: Sorry?
Speaker 4: Who will make you smile on Thursday?
Speaker 6: Go to Jack?
Speaker 7: No, because I'm gonna pick one of my favorite friends. If it's within the matchup you can't help that, well, then CD Lamb will make me smile because he's dope. Okay, well that's and probably who else was also dope?
Speaker 2: I didn't one offense, one defense, all.
Speaker 4: Right, we're doing one office, one defense, sure, all right, bet, I'm gonna go Who do I say last week?
Speaker 1: Dang?
Speaker 6: I don't remember, don't remember?
Speaker 4: All right, I'm gonna go offense Rico o'dowdell because it's gonna be a huge game for him. You're going up against the thirtieth ring rushing defense.
Speaker 6: Is that who I said last I can't remember what you said.
Speaker 3: I don't remember either.
Speaker 4: I definitely didn't say Rico because I think uh Jess said Rico last week. It doesn't matter anyways, all right, I'm gonna go reco offensively defensively.
Speaker 3: Dude, dude, dude, dude right now. Nope, Okay, I said demo last week. For sure. I know I said demo last week. I think I'm gonna go.
Speaker 6: Israel muamu Okay, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: I've seen some flashes of good things the past couple of weeks, uh, and I think that he's gonna continue to build off of that.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna go Israel. Mccuama, you got, sister.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go Brandon Aubrey, of course, listen, I like certainty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been a little less.
Speaker 5: Certain some of the operations and stuff. He Aubrey's getting like how we are with Zach Martin where it's like, well, how we were with Zach Martin worth he got a whole we were like blasphemy. There's no way.
Speaker 2: That's how it is with ay Ibbrey.
Speaker 5: Don't plan his foot right or somewhere like the grass down there, there's no way fix it, petition, but right, we will not blame him or nothing.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with him.
Speaker 5: And I'm also gonna go with who's gonna make me smartest we I'm gonna go Brock Kaufman has a tall task dealing with Dexter Lawrence. On the inside, I.
Speaker 2: Think he can do it. I'm just afraid he's gonna actually punch that Dexter Lawrence.
Speaker 5: Well, there's gonna be some double.
Speaker 3: Teams rock coffins nuts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there's some double teams. I'm curious that he is a little crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think the matchup in general will make me smile. It may make me awkwardly smile. It makes me may make me nervously smile.
Speaker 2: Definitely nervously smile.
Speaker 5: I might still smile, I might still look I'm smiling. So I'm like they about wrastling in there, all right. Well, on that note, dang nuts, you're gonna have me signing nuts.
Speaker 7: It'll be the best fight at and D Stadium has seen all year.
Speaker 4: Yes, and they're gonna win their first home game of the year. Yes they are Cowboys Giants kickoff tomorrow. Make sure to catch us on pregame Live because we are gonna be talking about the matchup. That's Kyle Yeoman's Barry Church, Isaiah stand back, Nate Newan, myself Bingo, and.
Speaker 3: We will be back here next week talking about a win.
Speaker 2: Bring that energy.
Speaker 3: That's a rap.
Speaker 5: What was jazz dog to dog growling? Because they got that dog in them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got that dog in him. Ruth Girl. Sock Boys Talk will be back next week with more. See y'all next week.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.