Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong.
Speaker 2: And Jetty and know He Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 3: It is believed that those Weymos were summoned or booked by the protesters.
Speaker 4: With the intention of them getting them to the location and torching them.
Speaker 2: My god, how dare you?
Speaker 5: How could you use Waymo's innocence and helpful spirit against the Weymo. Imagine for a moment Waimo's disappointment upon realizing it was as Admiral Apbar might say, all trap you got Waimo going, Hello, it is my honor to take you to Hollywood, and what are you doing?
Speaker 2: My god, no, tell my room. I love her. Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, there's no humor to be found here.
Speaker 1: Rioting. That's funny, it's outrageous.
Speaker 6: Brian Stelter of CNN tweeted out or said, I guess it's on his Twitter.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: These protests, which have been abbreviated in the media is unrest, are actually a cry of hope and a reminder of the human need for community.
Speaker 2: Okay, he is you know what I've got to give him?
Speaker 1: Credit where it's due.
Speaker 3: He has raised the art of being a moron to a high level. I mean, he is almost exquisitely idiotic.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's more to this. I got to get the whole thing because.
Speaker 1: It's too good.
Speaker 2: Ring up quickly.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this is.
Speaker 6: Too good because the original tweet and the response are getting a lot of attention, So Brian Stelter of CNN, these protests, which have been abbreviated in the media as unrest in quotes, were actually a cry of hope and a reminder of the human need for community, the need to turn to each other to find something to believe in. What a load of crab, to which someone responded this is all retweeted by Charles CW. Cook of National Review. Everyone's dunking on this, but it's a good point. I grew up in a small town with a lot of extended family, plus a good church community, and some of my fondest memories as a boy was when my grandpa, my dad, and his brothers in our local pastor and I would get together on a Friday night and go rob a liquor store. Wow, these protests are a cry of hope.
Speaker 2: And a reminder of the human need for community.
Speaker 3: CNN's longtime media critic Guy in the Eunuch Stelter.
Speaker 6: I know people like that who would agree with that. Fox are showing other spray painting. I think we had to clip the other day of some reporters saying, I'm downtown in la I can't see a single building that hasn't been vandalized, spray painted, or defaced in some other way. Who's gonna do pay for all that? Obviously taxpayers? Of course, why do we put up with this?
Speaker 3: And by the way, taxpayers, you're paying unionized employees to do all that, and their pensions and the rest of it. It'll be incredibly expensive. Yeah, so different topic. This is kind of interesting. I don't know where you are on Tulsi Gabbard. She's an interesting figure. She is the current what is Tulsa Gabbard Department of Oh she's the DNI, the Director of National Intelligence, a under the umbrella organization over all of our spooks.
Speaker 6: Anyway, she got some documents to classified from the Biden administration.
Speaker 2: This just broke today.
Speaker 6: The classified documents show that January sixth, which I think was a horror. I'm not I don't think that was a peaceful protest or some righteous cause.
Speaker 2: I think it was a horror. But January sixth.
Speaker 3: When the FBI did not instigate the violence, Please.
Speaker 6: But these documents show that January sixth was used by the Biden administration to vastly inflate domestic terror the terror threat by using all these numbers from one event as if it were happening nationwide and over a long period of time. Sixty one percent of alleged domestic terror cases investigated by the FBI in twenty two in twenty twenty two, and seventy eight percent of the alleged domestic terrorists in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: We're all that one riot. So he was able to use these statistics.
Speaker 6: We have a growing problem with right wing violence across this country. You know it's on the rise. Well, it's all one incident. You can't you don't get to claim that as a yearly statistic for it being on the rise when it's one incident.
Speaker 3: One infamous incident, to you know, condemn practically everyone.
Speaker 6: The artificial inflation of the domestic terrorism threat was revealed in the newly to classified intelligence records from early twenty twenty two made public by Telsea Gabbard recently.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah, blah blah. I want to get to the next part.
Speaker 6: The Biden administration had long been accused by conservatives and civil libertarians of dodging reality for four years, and he and his party made as much political capitalist possible out of the riot, calling it an insurrection.
Speaker 2: Which I actually think is close enough to.
Speaker 6: Truth, but using those statistics to do all kinds of things, and looking into various groups and all that, and just making the claim over and over and over again that right week violence is on the rise, right wing violence is the number with white supremacy is the number one threat in America, citing all these kind of statistics, which is, you know that whole Mark Twain thing, the three kinds of lies statistics. You hear a statistic, how often is it a lie or more mislay leading and leading a lot a lot.
Speaker 2: It's frustrating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely true.
Speaker 3: Hm. You know, I've been anxious to get this quote on. Let's say, Michael, give me clips sixty. This is Nancy Pelosi's take on the actual violence going on in the streets over and over again as we speak.
Speaker 7: She says the ongoing arrest in California of families and children obeying the law are evidence of a broader pattern of ICE's renegade behavior across the country. The resulting peaceful demonstrations against these actions are a manifestation of understandable fear in our communities.
Speaker 3: Okay, so there's Nancy Pelosi saying there are peaceful protests in LA because ICE is arresting children. Thank you for that fair description, Nancy. I've heard it go away, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 6: I'm surprised that she went with that, because she's pretty smart strategist. Most democratic strategists that aren't, you know, woke that I've seen are. We're on the wrong side of this. We're on the wrong side of this in general as an issue, and we're certainly on the wrong side of this tactically in terms of waving Mexican flags and throwing some min cops.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just think Nancy, because she's old and off her game, is still going with the playbook of the Great Oppression. We're trying to come up earlier in the show with a name for the five years roughly twenty nineteen through twenty twenty four or so, when the woke, super progressive ideas were on the march, and people were afraid to say, no, that's not a woman, that's a man, and afraid to say I don't think my kids should be indoctrinated in school. I think they should be taught to read, and afraid to say, yeah, what happened to George Floyd sucked? But you don't get to burn my city down. Nancy's still singing from that hymnal. She's still going with that playbook. I think these are rogue ice agents arresting innocent children, and all of America says, did you not see the pole during the campaign where two thirds of Americans said ship.
Speaker 2: Them all out?
Speaker 3: Apparently she missed that any Like Joe Biden, her aides were feeding her fake polls too.
Speaker 2: I got a good tease here.
Speaker 6: One one of my favorite pundit says, is the biggest story in the world that nobody is talking about.
Speaker 2: Can hit you with that coming up?
Speaker 3: Oh, plus KJP, Jack, you've been too easy on little KJP. She deserves a kicking rhetorically speaking, and she's gonna get it today. And Jack's muling and whining isn't gonna stop me. Folks, I'm not gonna let him stop me. Crying is blobbering, isnot running down? No, no, I will.
Speaker 1: Show no mercy.
Speaker 6: While we're on the subject, we're on the subject of the whole trance thing. The Aerosmith song from the eighties nineties lady dude looks like a lady? What is that song about? We were listening to Aerosmith in my car the other day and just came up A guy who dresses presents as a woman.
Speaker 2: But that was way.
Speaker 6: Before this sort of thing was popular. Why did they write a song about that? And he was he happy about that?
Speaker 3: Or I don't kind of understand the learn No, no, no, Indeed, it was the classic experience of thinking you're with a woman, interacting with a woman, then realizing, wait a minute, wait a second, you got a crank, the sort of thing. Who was the comedian who was it?
Speaker 1: Eddie Murphy? Was worth a with a sex worker?
Speaker 3: Who whoever it was believed to be of the female persuasion, turned out not to be and may have committed in a well.
Speaker 6: Not Eddie Murphy. No, okay, I'm sure it wasn't. Who was that though? Was you know, Michael Good?
Speaker 1: Was it from the Partridge Family, the guy.
Speaker 6: Well, it happened to Danny Bonaducci. It happened to more than one person. This happened to many, a many of us.
Speaker 2: I'll think of that. You know, it's funny you should bring that up.
Speaker 3: Because the Aerosmith classic Sweet Emotion came on the other day, and and and Steven Tyler's line in that is some sweet talking gal with a face like a gent.
Speaker 1: Is he like he's got that on his mind? A fair amount.
Speaker 3: That's when I was dozens and dozens of songs, none of them reference the transgender community.
Speaker 2: If it happened.
Speaker 6: Multiple times, I would start to think, Yeah, it's kind of a top of mind issue for you. Maybe I need a screaming process. Okay, the most important story nobody's talking about. We don't have to dwell on it, but it's worth putting on your radar. Among other things on the way.
Speaker 8: The fast food chain KFC today launched a new Peaches and Cream Sweet Lightning drink, which features mountain dew Sweet Lightning soda with vanilla cream. And this is cool, It's base done. Doctor Kavorkian's original recipe.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a new KFC drink.
Speaker 3: Who or another US State about to go thumbs up with assistant suicide too. Speaking of doctor Kavorkian, we're talking about that another time.
Speaker 6: I do want to talk about that. We're gonna be all over the place's segment, got a lot of ground to cover.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to move swiftly. I just want to get this on.
Speaker 6: Gavin Newsom has doubled down on this tactic.
Speaker 2: I told the President just just get it over with. Arrest me, move on. If you need some head to scalp, do it with me, but stop messing with these kids. Haul yourself up on the cross there, Gabby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll be the new Nelson Mandela.
Speaker 3: That's exactly how this is gonna work out, you genius.
Speaker 2: You now.
Speaker 6: I saw Sean Spicer yesterday say nobody does indignation better than Gavin Newsom, and he was serious. So I thought, Okay, it comes off as flat to me, but yeah, maybe.
Speaker 3: Because we've been observing it for so long, he seemed to feel like he did a pretty good job with the indignation thing.
Speaker 2: You know, alessness has got to stop. What the hell is going on? You know that whole thing I did. I'm still choking it back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, so, and I promised this. What is the biggest story in the world that nobody's talking about? According to Mark Alprin's newsletter today, US and Chinese officials resuming trade talks hoping to secure a breakthrough over export export controls for rare earths and other goods, is the most important thing happening on planet Earth that nobody.
Speaker 2: Is talking about, which, ye might be. I don't completely understand why, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think part of it is that it's so opaque. It's difficult.
Speaker 3: I mean, like Steve Whitcoff the other day said it's going well. Is he doing China? I can't remember who's ever doing China? The negotiations leading it was saying it's going very well.
Speaker 1: And is this or is it? Nobody knows. I have no idea what to say.
Speaker 2: And as we're all over the map.
Speaker 6: If it's Tuesday, you know it's time to dissect old Aerosmith lyrics. That's what we do every Tuesday here on the Armstrong in Getty show.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: We were talking about some.
Speaker 6: Lyrics from an Aarrowsmith song and Joe mentioned sweet Emotion and I was thinking about I listened to it the other day, and it's got the line in it. If you know the song or don't know the song about you can't blame me. The rabbit dun died, which I know from learning in school. I think in Greade school that that used to be a pregnancy test, and I was trying to explain it to my kids, but I didn't remember how it worked, and at the time I didn't chat GPT it, So I just chat gpt'ed it to be reminded of how this whole work thing worked. Now, Katie, you're trying to take the pregnancy trip right now. You know, back in the day, they didn't have a quick, easy test to see if you're pregnant. You couldn't just pee on a little thing you got at CVS, or you couldn't go get an ultrasound.
Speaker 2: I mean back in the day.
Speaker 6: Okay, So this is actually way back in the day, in the twenties through forties.
Speaker 2: This is the way you did it.
Speaker 6: A woman's urine was injected into a lot female rabbit. Oh if the woman was pregnant.
Speaker 1: What am I ditty?
Speaker 6: In this scenario, If the woman was pregnant, her urine would contain human cryonic Jana prunklin hCG, a hormone produced during pregnancy. After a few days, the rabbit would be dissected to examine its ovaries. If the ovaries showed certain changes, enlarged or bleeding, it meant the woman was pregnant. Important note it says here the phrase the rabbit died because I've heard that my whole life, in various ways, became slang for a positive pregnancy result. But the rabbit always died because it had to be dissected to check the ovaries, regardless of the result.
Speaker 3: And the rabbit's thinking, why don't you just wait a few weeks and see if she starts puking?
Speaker 2: Now that weird method aside, Well.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Katie, that was indelicate.
Speaker 6: I have to thank you for that oh much to look forward to all of us who are under the age of eighty five, I guess have gotten pregnant in the modern era, where you know, you got all this stuff, You got the easy tests, and then you got the uh, you get the what the thing where they put the thing on your belly with the goo on the ultrasound, you know, just thing.
Speaker 2: You get all this information.
Speaker 6: But it wasn't that long ago where you just I guess she starts to show or something, and you assume you're pregnant, and you don't have any idea if it's a boy or a girlfriend's health, they are no do date in mind? Probably maybe have a rough idea, but not very specific.
Speaker 1: Right, right, You just keep an eye on things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, never thought i'd feel grateful for my ability to pee on a stick. But after that story, yeah, very very indelicate way mister Armstrong put that, And I apologize for that as well.
Speaker 1: It's my own.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking this rabbit thing was something like the wealthy did and everybody else just waited. Everybody was injecting your into rabbits. Who said, why no, sounds like fun? Yeah, you're idea? Who came up with that? And is it only true for rabbits or would it be true for practically any beast?
Speaker 2: Why not use uh? I don't gophers or hamsters or beaver? Yeah? Yeah, beaver?
Speaker 1: What was the beta testing?
Speaker 2: Like you gotta go catch a beaver? What with the beta testing?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 2: Right? Exactly?
Speaker 1: I got an idea.
Speaker 3: What if we took the ladies yura, Now don't stick with me here for a second, please, right, because you could have injected the saliva into a beaver or the you know, the blood into a.
Speaker 6: Squirrel, or just keep going and then and then check their pituitary gland.
Speaker 3: We leave our woodland creatures the hell alone and just wait till she starts to show.
Speaker 6: Checking the thyroid. Nothing here, Let's check its kidneys. Nope, how about it's ovaries? Oh wow, look they seem to be enlarged before the opossums run for their lives. Can we invent something.
Speaker 2: A little more?
Speaker 6: Anyway, we'll dissect more aeros aerosmith lyrics next Tuesday, as we always do here on the Armstring and Guindy show.
Speaker 1: Is rocks really about rocks? Join us?
Speaker 3: Then next segment, KJP comes in for the verbal tongue lashing she so richly deserves. Armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know if there's any rioting left to do. There's still plenty of political points to be scored, rightly or wrongly, on both sides.
Speaker 2: Trump just said this from the Oval office.
Speaker 4: Last night was terrible. The night before that was terrible. We have as you seen it was on most of your networks, people with big heavy hammers pounding the concrete and pounding curves, pounding and breaking up both and handing these big chunks of concrete to people. And they would take you that concrete, going up in bridges and dropping it into the roof of a car. They were throwing it at our police. They were throwing it at our souls that are there. And we got it stopped and we have them in custody right now. Look, if we didn't get involved right now, Los Angeles would be burning, just like it was burning a number of months ago, with all the houses that were lost. Los Angeles right now would be on fire. And we have it in great shape. I'm not playing around.
Speaker 6: He goes on to bling Gavin Newsome for what's going on and says, these are outside agitators, which some of them are. We know that as Pam Bondi is trying to arrest one of the main cement chuckers who they identified yesterday, and I can't wait till they catch the guy to find out what groups.
Speaker 3: He's attached with. Yeah, no kidding, who is paying for it? Who is in this case not shipping bricks? But as the destructive capabilities are shown on the streets, who's behind that? Because if it's an organized criminal enterprise, and it certainly seems to be we have laws to deal with that, let's use them.
Speaker 6: And I'm interested in their political ideology. Are you anarchists? Are you Marxists?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 2: What are you? I mean?
Speaker 6: Do they have a website or a manifesto or something. I'd like to know what their plan is.
Speaker 3: Well, according to Nancy Pelosi, there are people who just hate seeing the out of control ice arrest children because that's what's happening. Nancy, Okay, So speaking of people communicating with the media well or not terribly, well, I brought up KJPS soon to be on the cutout bin, a book Independent to Look inside a Broken White House outside the party lines.
Speaker 6: Man, there's nobody who wants it. Nobody on the right was going to read it. And then she's taken on Democrats by being so nobody. No Democrats going.
Speaker 2: To read it?
Speaker 1: Right, And I got to read it.
Speaker 2: Books.
Speaker 6: I never understand how they get advances, how they get printed.
Speaker 2: Who freaking reads these books?
Speaker 3: Well, now, wait a minute, you've been calling begging for books telling the inside story of the bidens.
Speaker 2: Yes, but the just the.
Speaker 6: Nothing books like Hillary Clinton My Life?
Speaker 1: Who reads these things?
Speaker 3: Well, this one allegedly is like an undercover or you know, insider account, but.
Speaker 1: She is getting.
Speaker 3: The only attention KJP is getting at this point is guffaws. I mean, it's the Jake Tapper syndrome. So she has now declared herself an independent voter and announced her tell all book about Biden, which is odd because she spent two years quoting Nellie Bowles, viciously enforcing those party lines and lashing out at anybody who dared challenge the acuity of her boss. She was the press secretary in charge of the biggest press driven cover up of a president in American history. She promoted the term cheap fakes to describe real videos of an obviously confused old man wandering deliriously through the world. And now she wants to claim independence and make it her whole thing.
Speaker 6: Well and most famously said I can't keep up with him, which was the whopper of all whoppers. Have you heard a single nugget out of this book? I haven't, really, no, so there must not be any, because if they're worry any, they would have come out already. But Nelly goes on to make the point that look, Biden's out of power, He's done.
Speaker 1: He's in fact, he's dying. He's practically done as a human being.
Speaker 3: So now the knives can come out, the unveiling of how bad it always was. Where was all this independent minded reporting KJP when Biden was powerful?
Speaker 6: Nowhere, So he's practically done as a human being.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: So and then.
Speaker 3: When the news came out, various folks who are not enamored with KJP are now talking. Yeah, those of us who were annoyed by her for years, now get our vengeance.
Speaker 6: Yes, I was surprised to see Democrats come out last week and you know, going after her talents and intelligence the way they did quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So many of her former colleagues think Jean Pierre was part of the problem. Many had quietly fumed for years, believing she was incompetent at her job and more interested in promoting herself than the administration.
Speaker 6: She excuse me, obviously incompetent at her job, although a very very hard job to do, to be sent out there and try to claim that your boss isn't uh senile when he goes down TV every day shown himself to be senile.
Speaker 3: Defending the indefensible, as I always put it. But there have been plenty of people who've done that job, and they've done it way better than this Ninny. One former White House official who worked closely with Jean Pierre told Axios quote, she was one of the most ineffectual and unprepared people I've ever worked with. She had meltdowns after any interview that asked about a topic not sent over by producers. She didn't know how to manage a team, didn't know how to shape or deliver a message, and created more problems.
Speaker 1: Than she solved. The official said.
Speaker 2: She wasn't qualified for the job.
Speaker 6: I remember when Trump started hiring his people and Mark Alprin said, just my advice. He said to people in Washington, DC, do not take a job you're not qualified to do. It doesn't work out well. And he was talking about her.
Speaker 3: A different former Biden's communication official actually said a bunch of stuff. But it's difficult to see how this book is anything but a bizarre cash crab. A third White House official familiar with the dynamics told Acxios quote, the amount of time that was spent coddling Jean Pierre in appeasinger was astronomical compared to our attention on actual manners of substance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, she was the first black, gay woman White House secretary.
Speaker 3: That's exactly where we're going. The fabulous Andrew Styles. Former White House Press Secretary Karen Jean Pierre, one of the most celebrated DEI hires in recent memory, was kind of dumb and terrible at her job. That's a quote she took over in twenty twenty two. She's widely celebrated by liberals obsessed with diversity for being the first lesbian.
Speaker 1: Of color to serve in that role.
Speaker 3: And I quote the executive director of Equality California. For the first time in our nation's history, people around the world will have the opportunity to watch a talented, accomplished, queer Black woman stand behind a podium and speak on behalf of the potus as Press Secretary Kareen's is this same prison. Karean's strength, integrity, and visibility will inspire generations of Americans to dream, beg, work hard, and never apologize for being the authentic selves. Essence magazine Senator as an example of black.
Speaker 2: Excellence, find all that sickening?
Speaker 3: Well, she failed This week In a shameless display of self promotion, she talks about the book. Former White House advisor Tim Wu wrote in a since deleted Twitter post that quote, the real problem with Jean Pierre is that she was kind of dumb and had no interest in understanding harder topics, which is why she often gave random, incoherent answers on policy. ACTUALLYOS reporter Alex Thompson remarked that Wu was not alone in his opinion. Now Democratic lawmakers are coming out, maybe because she's declared her former Democratic party in this, I don't know, said, Jean Pierre's explanation for her decision to leave the party was as confusing and disjointed as their answers in her White House press briefings.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't disagree with any of that. I do disagree that other people have had that situation and done it better. Who has had a president who was openly senile and everybody knew it, and then he would and then he would they would send you out with the talking points and like an hour later he would say the opposite.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you would do that job other than resign.
Speaker 3: Another member of Congress described her as the worst press secretary in American history. There were rumors that the Biden folks are trying to get rid of her because she's so terrible, but they couldn't for you know, DEI reasons. The Democrat congressman said, I don't know who wrote her book. We know she couldn't give up press conference out reading every word from her briefing.
Speaker 2: I hope I'm not described as kind of dumb. That's hurtful.
Speaker 1: Everyone thinks this is a grift.
Speaker 3: Former White House officials said, well, those books always are. Do you think the Jake Tapper book is a grift to her freak?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do, Hell, yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: But you've been fascinated by it.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and I bought it and I have been reading it.
Speaker 6: But you held onto that stuff as a journalist, anything you had until it's you can make the maximum profit. You didn't decide to report any of this when it would have mattered with the most powerful person in.
Speaker 1: The world, right right?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Tapper kind of dumb too, and everyone knows it. Everyone knows it.
Speaker 3: Katie Jack jumping in to defend KJP over and over again.
Speaker 1: I find that interesting. Now, secret crush. Maybe I don't know. It's politically impossible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some hots going on here, something.
Speaker 3: To figure out, I think he can win her back to team Heteroties.
Speaker 6: Just think it kind of fits into the cover up to act like they weren't sending her out there to lie about something that was obviously was obvious to everyone.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: My final note on this, I think of Jason Riley, the fabulous writer for the Wall Street Journal, a black man who's written a couple of great books, including Please Stop Helping Us. When a Karen Jean Pierre is trotted out to do a job she's not qualified for, looks, walks and quacks like a DEI higher and then is incompetent. Seriously, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, anybody, anybody is a Democrat? What impression do you think that leaves on normal people who might hear? Yeah, that guy got hired probably because of his color. He's an insidious, undermining, horrible thing to do to the many, you know, brilliant qualified people of whatever race in America.
Speaker 6: Sure so, rather than inspiring millions, you may have caused millions, some of them may be racists to lean this direction anyway, to think anybody who's black who gets a job, it's just because they were black, but they aren't qualified that's what you've inspired.
Speaker 1: It's at least like a hurdle.
Speaker 3: They have to, you know, prove that they're not you know, quote unquote guilty of which is a terrible thing.
Speaker 1: It's awful.
Speaker 3: No, you walk into a medical facility, there's a person of color who's the doctor, and you remember hearing about.
Speaker 1: You cla medicine.
Speaker 3: Sure, with all the DEI crap, how can you not think, especially when your health is at stake. I wonder if they got this gig because they're qualified or dot dot dot again that's horrible.
Speaker 6: Or you can pick people that are so indisputably qualified that it goes the other direction, like Condoleeza Rice. Nobody ever doubted she had the intellect or abilities to do any of her jobs right, even for a moment.
Speaker 2: Okay, we will finish strong.
Speaker 6: Coming up next, yet another brutal assault from Russia.
Speaker 9: Russia launching nearly five hundred drones in missiles, the largest number of weapons fired during the entire three year war. At least a dozen people injured in these attacks.
Speaker 6: One killed almost five hundred drones and missiles. And again last night there's another big barrage or that sort of thing. Ukraine luckily has the ability to shoot most of this stuff down, like practically all of it. But I don't know how long you can keep that up. Oh, I was going to quote the maybe I should find that real quick. The head of NATO challenging other NATO members hard yesterday in a big speech.
Speaker 2: Let me find that real quick.
Speaker 1: Is he an American? Fella?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Isn't the head of NATO always an American? I think I heard that the other day and I didn't know that ought to be. Yeah, I don't know if I can find it anyway.
Speaker 6: Is making the point that he believes that Russia will attack a NATO country within the next five years and they need to be ready, and so they need a four hundred percent increase in like, for instance, anti missile.
Speaker 2: Stuff like Ukraine is using right now, Yeah, to get ready for.
Speaker 3: Well, if you are not behaving as if you believe that, why does NATO exist?
Speaker 2: Good point?
Speaker 6: But what I wanted to bring up is, as listened to I've mentioned this many times. I really love the Daily Telegraph podcast that they do on Ukraine. I listened to it most days and it's just so freaking good. But they the other day the two correspondents were in Odessa and there the point of their story was what it's like to live in a town that regularly gets attacked, and it was super interesting. And we're so lucky as Americans that we've we don't we've never had to deal with this, and we don't unlikely that it will happen in our lifetimes.
Speaker 2: But not surprisingly, people get used to it, which is the history of mankind. You just get used to it.
Speaker 6: And uh if so, sirens go off multiple times a day, income and drones or missiles because Russia is firing so many of them, and if you get through on a regular basis and they hit, but they're unlikely to hit where you are. It's kind of like when you know you're on a golf course. I always thought the safest place to be on a green would be like the pin, since everybody was aiming for that and unlikely to hit it. But you know it's unlikely it's going to hit you. It could, but it doesn't happen very often. And I guess that's where you get after three years plus of missiles coming into your town. It hits over there, some old woman got killed, or nobody got hurt or whatever, But you're not gonna run down in the shelter for the eight hundredth time three months in or whatever. And after three years, people just don't. They just they look up in the sky and think, huh, go back to drinking their coffee at the coffee shop or whatever, or walk in the streets.
Speaker 2: They said that most people with kids do go.
Speaker 6: Down into the shelters every single time, but people without kids don't. And then as soon as the missiles hit, everybody just comes up and gets brooms and sweeps up all the broken glass and calls whoever you call to come repair the window.
Speaker 2: And that's just the way you live.
Speaker 3: Yes, Since I was a little kid, I was fascinated by tails from the blitz of London in the early part of World War two that keep calm and carry on.
Speaker 1: And the Londoners did exactly what you're describing.
Speaker 6: Which is a good, brave and it is sounding attitude, but it seems to be human nature after a certain amount of time, because what else are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: And it's a show of defiance, So it's a middle finger.
Speaker 6: Thought. Yeah, but you know, we're about to talk about anxiety in the One More Thing podcast. You know, we got a whole bunch of people who are afraid to call to order a pizza. How long are they going to take them to get used to missiles coming into their city every single day before they can keep calm and carry on.
Speaker 2: I'll make that my final thought. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe.
Speaker 3: Getting Hey, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the show for the day. There is our technical director, Michael lead us off final thoughts.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is terrible. I just had an old man moment.
Speaker 3: I had a nice final thought and I cannot remember what.
Speaker 2: It is, all right, Joe Biden, Yeah, this is terrible.
Speaker 6: Should I order you a an uber so you don't have to go out there and drive?
Speaker 2: Maybe we should take your keys away?
Speaker 3: Is that pandering around the control boards in front of you, Michael?
Speaker 2: Do we have that power since our names are on the show to take his key? We do?
Speaker 3: Katie Green are esteemed to use woman as a final thought.
Speaker 2: Katie got a armstrong Jetty dot com to Katie's corner. I have a pull up? Does cherry flavor taste like coughs?
Speaker 3: Are up?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Or no? Man?
Speaker 2: The new diet Cherry Coke that everybody's so excited about. I guess why I upset to people earlier.
Speaker 6: So Jack final thought for us, I gave it to you. I don't know how the modern young people, who are scared of everything generation would soldier on in the face of ongoing air raids.
Speaker 3: I'm not in favor of bombing gen Z, but I think it would do him a lot of good, honestly, going through something like that and surviving. My final thought is I'm a little bit peeved that the IDF is more clever than me. They dubbed Greta Tomberg's about the selfie yacht. That is really funny and some pretty good politics.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 3: Many pleasures await you at Armstrong a getty dot com click away.
Speaker 6: We will see tomorrow with the latest whatever. God bless America.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't give a damn, but I care about it.
Speaker 2: I'm Strong and Getty. The optics of this are horrific. This is politically insane. Man, Let's just get it over with, get out of here. You more on, take your turtle knock and.
Speaker 8: Get it Okay, So let's go with a bang, They spit, We hit the logi, we boogie see as a hawker, we cold cocker.
Speaker 1: There go mister I like that one
Speaker 2: By Armstrong and Getty