Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hey everyone, Ashley here, Ben is well, Well what Ben talk about the state of his life when he comes back? But you all know that Jess is giving birth this week. And I just wanted to come on here because we got info yesterday that really clarified why Beverly.
Speaker 3: Beverly or Tega left this season early.
Speaker 2: Rachel Recki and I were on here recapping a couple of days ago, and we thought it was the weirdest thing that the show just made it seem like, oh, she didn't feel she didn't feel very good, and I think she's gone forever. Well, they love to do. They have had a tendency lately of taking of making lights of some things and editing out parts that probably should have been in there, just to give clarification to the audience. And then they have liked to fill in these gaps on their official Warner Brothers show, which is the Happy Hour podcast with Grocery Store Joe and Serena, and they had her on this week. They had Beverly on that show and they explained what really happened. She was very sick, but it wasn't just very sick. It was appendicitis.
Speaker 3: So here's a quote.
Speaker 2: I went to go take a nap and I wake up and my stomach's hurting, and I'm like, okay, maybe I should go to the bathroom. Maybe the food didn't sit well. And then all of a sudden, I start throwing up, and then I'm like, okay, maybe I just need to get out whatever it is. Her stomach continues to hurt, and then she goes I'm in excruciating pain. I'm continuing to throw up. It's like a mess. And this goes on for twelve hours. Like why wasn't this a storyline? Back in the day? This would have been a storyline, because I mean, it's awful for her, but it is kind of interesting. Awful, but like what at this point you would think it would be drama. It would be one of those moments where they get the ambulance and they show the ambulance and the you know, the scene to the next episode in the big teaser, and then it ends up being like, you know, awful, but not too much of a not too much of a big deal.
Speaker 3: Well, appendicitis is kind of a big deal.
Speaker 2: She said that that sometimes she experiences nausea during panic attacks, and she has diagnosed anxiety, and she was thinking, maybe I'm anxious because I have a one on one later in the week. I actually understand that knowing you have a one on one so much earlier than just like the morning of, would really get you kind of in a tailspin. To be like, okay, in twenty four hours, in forty eight hours, I have to go on a first date with someone on TV and it's gonna last like twelve hours.
Speaker 3: That is anxiety. And so she was just thinking, maybe this is all anxiety.
Speaker 2: But after ruling out food poisoning, she was taken to the hospital and after three hours of being in the er, the doctor came in and said, you have an appendicitis and you're gonna need emergency surgery, all right. So this news was really hard for her to process, she said, especially with her being away from her family and her friends, and she underwent the surgery the next The next day, she went home to Howard Beach, New York. Shortly after the procedure, she goes, I was really really sad. It honestly took me a month and a half to recover emotionally physically obviously, I was okay.
Speaker 3: Emotionally, I was not.
Speaker 2: I was left with the what if, Like what if Grant and I were to build a connection. He saw and felt exactly what I was seeing and feeling. And I know they didn't show a lot of our moments, but we had a lot of cute moments. And she said that she didn't get to say goodbye to Grant when she left the mansion. She said, I hope I didn't. He didn't think that I left just because you know, and she goes. Eventually they start flying to places and it just wasn't safe or smart for me to fly, which when you're recovering from surgery, which is why they didn't let her rejoin the cast, and you know, the long days and long nights. I was just sad about leaving, But once I got home and everything settled in, I was just like, I guess this was the best decision for me to come home and recover because it was a lot. Oh my goodness, gracious, I can't imagine. I still think this is bizarre that they didn't put this into the show. They normally would have been like having a goodbye scene, like why wouldn't he go to the hospital and be like, hey, I just heard you're going into for surgery tomorrow. I'm so sad. This is bizarre I think about. I mean, this is obviously not a comparison, but on Jones season, Chock lost his mom in the midst of the season. They let him fly back for a few days to settle things at home, and then.
Speaker 3: He flew back.
Speaker 2: This is a little different because you know, the pain is not grieving pain. It's like actual physical pain, probably less painful, but it was a storyline, right, and they obviously had Chock leave and come back because he was such a front runner.
Speaker 3: I think it could give Beverly a little bit of relief in knowing that this is awful. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, but I'm sorry, Beverley. If you're listening to this.
Speaker 2: You you having all those what ifs, right, and the what if suck. I always say that I tried to eliminate as many what ifs in life as possible, so I know what you're going through. But if Grant and if production really thought that you were going to be like Top four, they would have made I'm sorry to say you a storyline. They would have made this sickness a storyline. And they could have worked out some way for you to come back. Of course, this recovery, yeah, you probably should have been on planes to Europe.
Speaker 3: You probably couldn't have done that, so.
Speaker 2: I get it, but wow, knowing this makes it even weirder for me that they didn't make it a storyline, and then it's it's just I just feel really bad for her. Can't imagine be giving the opportunity to feeling something with Grant and then just to be plucked away from it and buy something that you really can't control.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 2: But we wanted to get on here and do a mini podcast episode about this just because you know, Rachel and I really at this missing plot, and now we have the answers.
Speaker 3: Until next time, Talk to you, letter love guys. Bye.
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcasts on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts