Speaker 1: Hi, this is Chase that Lee. It's for the Philly Show. Hey, Ruben Tomorrow Junior Jim Salisbury Todds is like, Hey, there's Ruben, It's the Philly Show. We're coming to you. After Sunday Nights eleven four Phillies victory over the Yankees. The show's post in Monday, July twenty seven, twenty twenty six, Phillies go three and six on the home stand. Guys, they avoid the sweep on Sunday night with a victory over the Yankees. But I want to start talking trades because you watch this team play over this nine game homestand and they need some help. So let's talk trades. It's time for first pitch. First Pitch is brought to us by Parks Casino, Pennsylvania's number one casino. If you missed our show on Friday, guys, we went over like what fifty names, fifty different trade names, and we talked about is Jim like to say, through a lot of spaghetti against the wall.
Speaker 2: It was a good spaghetti show.
Speaker 1: It was a good it was a spaghetti western as perhaps, but we talked a lot about trades, and then Ruben kept saying, be bold, be bold, go all in, be bold, and then I read I want I read this article. Just the past few days, JJ Cooper from Baseball America went back and looked at every trade deadline deal from twenty fifteen through twenty twenty five, okay, six hundred and it basically backed up everything that Rubin said. Rubin, it's almost like you know, you've you know what you're talking about. Can you believe it? Six hundred and eighty nine prospects over the last eleven years. How many of those guys do you think came back and burned anybody? Not very many. How about this, Forty three point seven percent of all those prospects traded never made the big leagues. Twenty five point seven percent of them have zero or negative war. Okay, eleven point nine percent of them have point one to point nine war. And that means eighty one point three percent of all prospects traded from twenty fifteen through twenty twenty five have not amounted to a hill of beans pretty much? Does that make you guys say hell with it?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: Trade them all, Trade every one of them, Trade each and every one of them, and don't look back.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you're going to get major league players. I mean, that's the whole point. I mean, if you're trying.
Speaker 4: To add, you add with what you add with talent, and you add with the high level talent hopefully, and the reality of it is you're adding players that are.
Speaker 3: Doing it now today in the major leagues.
Speaker 4: You're not adding players that are on the come when you're buying. And so I mean, the risk is worth the risk is worth the reward man, as far as I'm concerned. And if you have pieces that you need and you have pieces to give a team and they the way people value these, I've never understood how and why some of these organizations value these prospects so highly, because the reality of it is, you saw the numbers, they really don't pan out typically because they're prospects. And I mean, I just feel like there is a thought process that started two decades ago where the value of the prospect became so great that that people just didn't you know, didn't want to didn't want to move them. Well, they're just that they're prospects and they typically do not come back to buy.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 5: Hearing those numbers, tak it indicates to me that the prospect label is a fixed to too many players.
Speaker 1: You're right, you're right, there's a there's top thirt you know MLB pipeline, they do a great job.
Speaker 2: Hold up is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a top thirty, top thirty lists, you know all that stuff.
Speaker 2: But go ahead.
Speaker 6: But people, people know so much more about the players now, and they think since they know more about the players and they're more exposed that you know, listen, Triple A baseball. Difference between Triple A Baseball and Major League Baseball is a.
Speaker 4: Gaping gap, a gaping gap, let me assure you, and it's gotten bigger just telling you.
Speaker 5: But nonetheless, what's this team's payroll?
Speaker 3: Three thirty.
Speaker 1: Up there? Yeah that I am.
Speaker 5: Let's say three fifty three fifty three thirty three fifty three three. It's astronomical for a team with a payroll this high. They have an embarrassing amount of holes for a team with that high of a payroll. Offense, the lack of on base percentage, defense, the poor defense. They don't have enough pitching to get through the season. With two months to go, they need relief help. It's crazy how many holes they are they have, and they're not going to be able to address them all at this trade deadline, I say, go out and address the one you can address the best, Okay, But I am not backing off what I said the other day. They need arms, and I don't care where they need arms.
Speaker 1: So E've ben watching this offense. You know they had eleven runs on Sunday night, Jim, but you know, one run, one run, one run.
Speaker 5: You know, I'll take some contact. I'd love a contact hitter. I'd love somebody to help the on base percentage. I'll fix however I can best fix.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: The pitching really is scary. And I know what the offense looked like on this home stand. It was a dreadful home stand. I know they had a big win win Sunday night, but their game over five hundred at home.
Speaker 2: That's that's just not good enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I was looking back and going back to what we were originally talking about, which is how prospects don't come back to haunt you, Ruben. I went back and looked at your four big monster trades, three trade dead deadline trades. One of them was not a trade deadline trade. That was the Royaliday trade with the Blue Jays in December two, two thousand and nine. I mean, is there anybody in those four trades? I'm talking cliff Ley, Royaliday, Royos, Will Hunter Pence. Nobody ever came back to haunt the Phillies franchise. There's nobody, you know who do you think.
Speaker 4: Would Carlos Carrasco probably had the most war, I mean, if you were gonna, I think he had the highest war of all those players.
Speaker 3: But he didn't become like a real quality major league.
Speaker 4: Player for like four years, right or five years after I traded him.
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 3: And so I mean there were some decent players there. I mean, Jay Happ probably ended up being a pretty good pitcher. He was solid.
Speaker 4: He was probably number two, number two, and then then was Michael Bourne was probably what I've never do.
Speaker 3: I don't think I traded no Michael.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Pat traded Michael Bach, But.
Speaker 5: None of those guys, none of those guys, Travis Dar I'd never do that trade again.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no there's no Lou Brock for Ernie Broglio or whatever now type of trade. And is that the guy's name, Ernie Broglio? Is that his name? Brollio? There you go. See he is before my time. But at least I know the trade, But yeah, Carlos carrasco Ja Happ, Jonathan VR had a twelve point four war in his career, Travis Darnelt had a nice career eight point six. But then you get below that, Jared Cozart, Domingo Santana, Anthony Goes, Lou Mars, and Jason Donald, Kyle dre Back who was untouchable, Josh Side, Michael Taylor who was like the next big thing, John Singleton who is the next big thing. Jason Napp never made the big league. So think of all those guys. To me, yeah, all those guys were big prospects and none of them came back to haunt the Phillies.
Speaker 3: So trade them all.
Speaker 1: I like where your head's at, Ruben. They do have a.
Speaker 2: What'd you think of the home stand, Rubin?
Speaker 3: I thought it was very poorly played baseball generally.
Speaker 4: I didn't see any aspect of the game other than the two starting pitchers because their studs and Joan Duran that I just didn't see any aspect of the game that was that I could you point to and say, you know what they're they're doing a really good job here. In fact, I watched them the Yankees and the Phillies play this series, and what troubles me with the game of baseball is that these are two teams.
Speaker 3: Did none of them played very well at all? And they're supposed to be two of the best teams in baseball and we're talking about two of the top ten teams of baseball, I think, and I'm just not watching like quality baseball airrors, poor pitching, poor hitting, just bizarre.
Speaker 4: And I don't know, maybe it's the state of the game of baseball right now that there's only like one really good team and that's the Dodgers and probably the Milwaukee Brewers. But after that, I mean, what are you what are we looking at? I just it's just weird, man, the game of Maybe the players are tired, maybe at that time of the season where.
Speaker 3: Where it's the dog days of July.
Speaker 4: They're gonna get worse in August, and then you know, maybe they get juiced up again in September and October.
Speaker 3: But I just, like, I don't it's a little disheartening. The brand of baseball that I'm.
Speaker 2: Watching fundamentals were very poor.
Speaker 1: Does it It doesn't change anything in terms of what the front office is trying to accomplish in the next seven days, as it doesn't give them any pause if, like you know, you can make a bigger trade and maybe trade a gauge wood, or if something intrigues you where you might dangle an Andrew Painter. Does they give you any pause in that regard or now it does not, does it?
Speaker 2: I'm open.
Speaker 4: I have to go for it. There there there their windows closing. Man, it's going to close. And and I I you know, I think that there's windows are real. I've lived them, and I will tell you that this window is not going to stay open very long. I know the pitching is great, but you're starting to see some deterioration in some players and they're not going to be able to hold on for four or five years down the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they better make it happen soon, if not this year, and.
Speaker 5: If they if they're fundamentals or is lacking in October as they have been recently, they're going home early.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: I would agree with that that was first pitched powered by Parks Casino must be twenty one gambling problem Call one eight hundred gambler. The Phillies Show is fueled by Monster Energy. Unleash the Beast. Whether you're tailgating, watching at home, or catching the game at your favorite spot, Monsters got the bold flavors and legendary kick to take you all nine innings. Grab one at your local retailer today. Guys, it is Monday and it is time for Manco and Manco Best Week, Manco and Manco. When you want the best of the best, you go down to Manco and Manco down in Ocean City. We were just there a couple of weeks ago. Ahead a great time or get it at the ballpark, guys, Manco, Manco Best Week, the best Phillies player play performance, whatever. They are easier weeks than others. This is not an easy week. Rubin and I were kind of talking about before Jim hop down going who we got this week?
Speaker 2: Who this week?
Speaker 3: Ruben? Do you have anybody? Well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean on Sunday night, Bryce and Stott swung it really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and nice.
Speaker 5: Story in the nice story department, Brian Keller, thirty two year old rookie comes up, gives them three innings, one run, passable take it, but a nice personal story overcoming injury, a lot of perseverance in the manor leagues to get here, did a pretty good job. He'll stay with the team, probably be part of the number five puzzle as a bulk guy. At least one more turned through. So those are a couple of things that I mean, Trey swung it very well. The defense still a major major concern.
Speaker 1: Another error on Sunday night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you guys got, Rubin?
Speaker 3: You got? What do you got there?
Speaker 1: Well, he didn't get I don't think he got a hit on Sunday Night. But during this past week, the first five games or five or six games of this past week, JT. Real Muto was swinging the bat pretty well. Up until entering the night he was seven for fifteen betting four sixty seven. And listen, I'm not suggesting, you know, it'd be great if he could get things turned around. I'm not suggesting that he's going to return to prior form or whatever, but I mean, just for a bottom third of the lineup guy, if he could just hit like two fifty ish the rest of the season, that would be a huge boost compared to where he was. He was hitting I think two one, two hundred for a couple of weeks that are right before the All Star breaks. So something good Ruben, you have you seen anything out of JT over the past week or so that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Interestingly, I just think that he's changed.
Speaker 4: His little leg kick has gotten a little bit less aggressive, in other words, not as high a leg kick. He's sort of up and down with it, and I think that's part of the reason why he's on time and swinging the bat a little bit better.
Speaker 3: There's been an adjustment there.
Speaker 4: At least that's my observation of what I've seen, and I'll probably I'll be in Miami to check out to check that out more closely.
Speaker 3: But that's what I see.
Speaker 4: Also think that both Wheeler and Lizarda were very good.
Speaker 3: I got to give those guys some love.
Speaker 4: But the guy that's getting the big piece of pie is Jackson Coven the guy who a twenty one year old who won the three.
Speaker 3: M Open in Minneapolis. That kid is twenty one years old.
Speaker 4: For him to go twenty five under and to break the record whatever that record was for that course, and then on top of it, to stave off the Scotti Scheffler, I'm giving a big piece of pie to that kid, Jackson Covin twenty one year old winning from Alabama or auburn or something from impressive.
Speaker 5: Very impressive. And to hold have Scotty Scheffler in your rearview mirror.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: That's my big piece of pie right going off the board.
Speaker 1: That's hey, I love it. That was That was Manco Manco Best Week. When you want the best of the best, go to Manco and Manco. If you're watching us on YouTube, please hit that subscribe button scan the QR code on your screen, or if you're listening to us, hit the subscribe button on Apple, Spotify or wherever you're listening to us. And of course go to the Phillies show Shop dot com to pick up your Philly show hats, bucket, hats, baby stuff.
Speaker 3: Beautiful, beautiful. I love the three quarters the mugs.
Speaker 1: Dig them, dig them absolutely, So check all that stuff out. Bryce Harper's in a funk, guys, I think I look, I just looked this up. Last twenty games he has like a five thirty eight ops. That's the worst twenty games stretch of his Phillies career. Well, he's really in it.
Speaker 3: That's not been elite. He has not been elite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and uh, while he was, you know, through the middle of the season, he was actually swinging the bat really well, but he's been in quite the funk, and particularly against left handed pitching.
Speaker 3: I do not like his approach. He's pulling off.
Speaker 4: When he pulls off like that, when his hips pull off to the first base side, really struggles.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: He doesn't stay on the ball, and I'm not sure what's going on, but he needs to turn it around.
Speaker 3: Hopefully it's a little lull before the storm.
Speaker 4: Because right now they're not getting a production out of the man.
Speaker 2: Looks like he needs a rest today.
Speaker 5: That's what I was gonna ask tru. But you got two right handers in Miami. I doubt he'll get unless he d h is and they can do something there. But he looks like and you know, it's not going to be ashamed of. Sometimes you need you need to rest a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And he hasn't played all game, every game for the last four or five years because he's been hurt on the five years ago. The first year knock Wood is the first time he's really been healthy all year long and in a long time, and so he's playing every day. I think it's starting to wear on him a little bit.
Speaker 5: It seems like he's hell bent on playing one sixty two for the statement that it carries and the badge of honor. But you know, sometimes you know, a little rest, can you know, one step back, two steps forward. He looks like, you know, he looked the whole team looked tired going into the All Star break. Yeah, and you know this homestand they didn't exactly look sharp. So I do think they'll get a second win here, but you'd like to see it come soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know. I I was not the ballpark on Saturday or Sunday, but I did see that Don Manningley. I guess Schwarber was taking some ground balls at first base and they are going to try to get Harper a d H game at some point, to get him off his feet just a little bit. So that that was the thing that popped in my head, is maybe he's just kind of wearing down a little bit or just going through a lulla, you know, just a little tired. Maybe get him off his feet could help for a game or two.
Speaker 4: I don't know, she never really got that All Star break, right, Yeah, he had probably a lot of stuff going on. I mean he was on podcasts and on this and on that, and you know.
Speaker 2: A lot of going on.
Speaker 4: I'm run derby all types of stuff that you know, all that stuff wears on you. And the fact that he you know, he's not any younger, and he's got a lot of mileage on him.
Speaker 3: I know he's not that he's not, you know, old, but he's got a lot of mileage on a lot of Major league time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, anytime he's not going, you can definitely feel it in the lineup. But this team needs a lot of helping in a lot of other spots. I suspect he will bounce back eventually, for sure. Phillies opened up a three game series beginning Monday night in Miami. We will, we will, We'll all be there. It's hayesus, I'm sorry. Six forty pm Monday Night, Zach Wheeler against Old Philly Tyler Phillips six forty On Tuesdays Aaron Nola against Sandy al Contra, and then twelve to ten on Wednesday, is Jesus Lizardo versus tb D.
Speaker 3: That TVD guy's got good stuff, man, he's nasty.
Speaker 1: A little bit of this, a little bit of that, a little that, a.
Speaker 4: Little this, little that little that, maybe the Sandy al Contract game is like a little showcase for the fightings.
Speaker 2: Ruben, you would love that to have. And you've been on.
Speaker 3: Sandy oh long. I love Sandy Yes, la la la love him. Flow heavy, heavy flow.
Speaker 1: For Sandy al Contra. So that's what's going on. And listen, Ruben's got to catch a flight down to Miami, Jim. You get Jim's got to get to bed because he's got an early morning flight to Miami. Real quick, though, we we got to talk about real quick, Lebron James. We're not a basketball show, but are you guys excited.
Speaker 3: About Ron James? Lebron James, Lebron James. Congratulations of the six Ers. They're making themselves relevant once again.
Speaker 1: Finally, Jim, are you excited about Lebron coming? What do you think?
Speaker 2: I'm ecstatic?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: You're not a basketball guy, You're you're He's a hockey guy, dude, I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm ecstatic mcstatic. I like it when all the teams win. If he helps him win, I'm ecstatic.
Speaker 1: I think it'll be a lot of fun. You know, I was saying last.
Speaker 3: Week, John, it's le John James for you, Josh John.
Speaker 5: James so tod I'm having a problem with personal problem on my phone. My my Uber app, like it's says it's been for like two weeks now since the last years. It just says loading and it won't que up.
Speaker 4: Okay, you want to restart, delete it and then and then restart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I would do. Jim. You can also, Jimmy is also get on Lift if you're looking for a ride of the airport tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You're what, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He loves those search charges.
Speaker 2: I don't want to complicate things.
Speaker 3: Lift is way cheaper.
Speaker 2: Start using a yellow checker taxi Ruben.
Speaker 1: Many years ago, we were it was a Phillies Ranger series in Arlington, Old Global, it was a Golden Globe Life Stadium or whatever it was called back then. Anyway, Jim had never taken a ride share before, and so Matt Alban I are outside the ballpark. We're showing, we're downloading the app, we're setting up the app for gym, and then we kind of Jim had to go straight to the airport, Gelb and I had to go We're going back to our hotel or whatever, and so we kind of walked across the street right and we just kind of sat there and looked around the corner, kind of like parents like letting their kid off to college for the first time.
Speaker 3: Jim's getting in the car. Jim's getting in the car. There he goes, there's our boy. He did it.
Speaker 1: Of course, he punched in the Houston airport, so they drove him all the way to George Bush. But that's the whole different story.
Speaker 3: Shocking. That was expensive.
Speaker 1: Where are we? Oh Man? All right, Jim, Hey, Jim, good luck try that with the app. I hope to see you in Miami tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I'll see you.
Speaker 1: I know, I'll see Reuben.
Speaker 3: He's got to run.
Speaker 5: If I delete it, well all my info come back, would have to re punch it in.
Speaker 1: It'll it should be in there.
Speaker 2: It'll be in there, It'll be in there.
Speaker 4: If it's not, then you can just uh, you know, sign in on your on your with your credentials.
Speaker 2: Well that would mean I need to figure out what my password is.
Speaker 3: But oh never mind, I don't know what to tell you. Well, well, talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Philly Show will be back on Wednesday. It might just be me and Ruben in Miami, depending how it goes. Jim might be sitting in the same spot out in Chester County.
Speaker 5: Talk to you guys later, Smell you later, boys, Jimmy, If you made it this far, you'll love this next video.
Speaker 4: Check it out right here and make sure you've subscribed to
Speaker 6: The Philly Show for more Phillies coverage like this, multiple times a week.