Speaker 1: It's time to place your bets. Let's talk to the pros. Welcome in everybody to Betting Pros.
Speaker 2: We've got a great show for you today.
Speaker 1: We are getting so close to the NFL Draft just days away. So we brought in two of our fantastic experts from fantasy pros, from the fantasy side, because we've been doing a whole lot of mock drafting and we're gonna take that knowledge of all these mocks that we've done and try to help you out on the wagering at betting Pros. So I want to welcome to the show today, Kyleie Yates and Mike Tagliere. Like I said, we are getting so close to the NFL Draft you could basically feel it. You can sense it. And I gotta tell you Tags, We'll start with you here. It feels like, once again, you know, the crossover between fantasy, between wagering, between everything and our love of NFL is at a peek. It's at a fever pitch right now, and I gotta tell you it's kind of a fun way to watch the draft when you have a little bit of money in it.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, we're we're gonna be watching the Draft. We're gonna be talking about the draft. We're gonna be going through like so I'm not even have time to think about anything. It's just literally is gonna keep going. And I can't wait because I'm tired of the talk. Like basically, everybody's talking in circles. It's the same thing over and over and it's been that way for a little while, and now storylines are being made up just to pump up interest. I don't need anything pumped up. I'm pumped for the draft. I'm ready for it, and I'm ready to do the show today.
Speaker 1: Yates, are you as pumped as tags is? Because, my goodness, I am pumped right now because of his pumpedness, everyone's just so ump. But he's right to a certain extent, is and he gates that at this point it is not only just talk, but it feels like everybody's just repeating the same narratives about certain things. And we all know that when push comes to shove, something is going to be completely different that nobody recognize all coming, and it's going to affect the rest of the draft because why it happens every single.
Speaker 3: Year, oh absolutely, And this has been like the longest three months of my life right where like the Super Bowl ended, and it feels like this is a very in the grand scheme of things, in the grand scheme of the NFL season and the off season, like this is a very small window. But yeah, it feels like this is just a six month long process of leading up to the NFL Draft.
Speaker 2: So it's still it's.
Speaker 3: Like getting closer and closer, but yet at the same time feels like it's never going to get here. So very excited to be here on the betting pros side of things and talking some NFL draft here.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about the first round right now as it stands with it seems like Wilson going second overall, so you're not getting any good odds on Tremor Lawrence. That's the lock, and then of course Wilson looks like the second lock. And next we've got Mac Jones, who looks like a minus one forty five over on betting pros. Then you've got Justin Fields at plus one sixty five to go third for the forty nine ers, Trey Lance at plus four hundred, and then Wilson, if for some reason something does change, you're getting a twenty five to one on him. So let's start with you here, Yates, in this one, because I know you and I have a very distinct feeling about this, which is the quarterback situation in terms of where we like them, where we rank them. We think the forty nine would be nuts to pass on Trey Lance, And I guess here's the question. If you truly believe that, as you and I do, isn't it clear that the bet on the board four to one is how you make money with Trey Lance? It absolutely is.
Speaker 3: When you're looking at Mac Jones at minus one forty five, I'm not going anywhere near that. I don't buy the smoke screen whatsoever the chatter that it's going to be Mac Jones and number three. Overall, you just do not trade multiple first round picks to go up and get someone of that caliber. And then with Justin Fields, I think that it's a worthy bet. But if you're looking to hit on this one, I think that it could be Trey Lancer. And so at those odds of you know, the four to one of that plus four hundred, that's really really solid, and I'm looking to lay it on some money on that one, all right.
Speaker 1: I think it's nuts tags to lay one forty five to win one hundred for mac Jones. I just think this is like one of the sucker bets on the board. So I don't want to talk about that, So let's talk about justin Fields instead, because Fields right now is a plus one sixty five. Now in your opinion, looking at this, do you think this is kind of that safe wager where actually you know what the odds are good. All of the buzz seems to be that Fields is in contention for that third pick. A lot of experts do believe he is the next best guy on the board consensus, even though that some of us are not in that same consensus. Do you look at Fields as probably being the chalky be here? But in a way good chalk because moving up to take mac Jones seems like the wrong thing to do if you're the forty nine ers, So it would make a lot more sense if it was Lance or Fields. Even though the odds are much better on Fields, Is it a good way to make a little bit of a better wager here in terms of rather him than mac Jones.
Speaker 2: I would not, I obviously would not bet on mac Jones. I'm not saying it's not gonna happen. You know, where there's smoke, there's usually fire. But at the same time, when you think about this, when San Francisco made this trade, there were rumors that they reached out to both the Falcons and the Dolphins, so they were talking to both those teams, which means that they were interested in one of those two spots, and they had to assume if Miami was going to stay there, someone else was going to trade up. So therefore, it's almost like the Falcons seemed to be holding out for a ransom that they're not getting from any other team. So me, it's like if you wanted three or four, that tells me that you're okay with one of the top four quarterbacks on your board. And Kyle Shanahan with the ties now with Roberts Salat out there in New York, it's like, I feel like he knows exactly who the Jets are taking. I feel like they know that in San Francisco and then they trade it up into this spot to know exactly who they're going to pick. I don't think that you're going to trade up this far to take Mac Jones. Mac Jones was a guy that a lot of mock drafts leading up to this was good was going in the teens. I think the Patriots were a team that was there, Washington was there, the Bears, those are That's the territory that a lot of people were talking about it, and everybody wants to drum this up, and Yates has said it all along that he thinks this is a Draft Nights story that they're going to be looking up to drum up, be like how far is mac Jones gonna fall? When in reality he should have been falling all along. So I do think that the best bet for me, it would have been justin Fields. I'm a little worried about this epilepsy thing that came out just yesterday. Actually it said that there were multiple NFL teams that this came through in his medical checks, So that's a little worrisome, especially when you're spending as much. So tree Lance at plus four hundred feels like he's probably the best bet, to be honest, I don't think I'm betting at all though, because I think there's a lot of there's a lot of ifans or butts with this pick. But if I had to pick one right now, I'd say Tree Lance plus four hundred.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on to first player drafted by position, and we've got a consensus over here at betting Pros with Penny seoel and minus five sixty, they'd be the first O lineman off the board. Rashaun Slater plus two fifty. Now, is this as stark as it appears from these odds here in your opinion tags? Because most of the mockx we've done over on the fantasy side here have been Penny Sewell being the first guy. But we've heard a lot of buzz about Rashawn Slater. A lot of teams love him. Is there any way that you can justify Slater going over Seool.
Speaker 2: I am not laying five hundred and sixty on Penny Seowol.
Speaker 1: I good question.
Speaker 2: I I do believe that he's the first offensive line off the board, But I don't think it's a stone called lock. I don't think it's like Trevor Lawrence going to the Jackson. It's not that this is a bet that I would actually stay away from because Rayshawon Slater has not got nothing but like Steam going into this draft or Penny School, he held out and We've heard from multiple people that players that held out could fall further than you think because teams just have no idea what shape their in. If that year away from football, you know it did some damage. But there's a lot of question marks here. So if I was forced to pick one of them, I'd say Slater plus two to fifty. But I'm not betting either of those.
Speaker 1: Well, clearly sool is not even available. I'm sorry, mis five sixty is just nuts. There's no reason to ever do that. But is there enough helium right now with Slater Yates in your opinion to justify maybe taking a little look at this plus two fifty because this is a nice little odds here in terms of offensive lineman considering well, Slater's getting a ton of buzz here late or once again it's just just another classic smoke screen going on with the NFL guys.
Speaker 3: If you have to ask me just straight up, which offensive lineman goes off the board first. I do think that it's penny school at the end of the day. But rayson Slater is getting a ton of buzz, like you said, to the point where a lot of NFL teams, from what we've been told, have Raceeon Slater ranked above Penny Sool. Now it just matters the guys in the five, six, seven eight range. What do they have, right? Do they have Penny School over race On Slater. That's what it matters. So when you sent this list over, like, I circled O line right, because this is drastic that five sixty to plus.
Speaker 2: Two to fifty from Rayeon Slater.
Speaker 3: If you had to just pick straight up, I would would still lean Penny Soul. But if I'm looking to look at that action there at plus two fifty, I think that it's actually worthy of at least laying down.
Speaker 1: A little bit. Yeah, And it's kind of how I feel about that last one we talked about earlier on with the you know, the third over round pick. It's like, you know, if you want to bet big with fields, that's fine, but I would throw a little bit in hedge with tray lance just in case, because you might be able to hit pretty good right there with that one. Because I don't think that's an impossibility at all, And I think that's actually going to possibly change as we get into next week with the NFL Draft, So keep an eye on that one too. I think that's a line that might move, especially after some of the news that came out about fields too. Just keep a close eye on that one. Let's go to cornerback here and Patrick Cirtan is minus three h five on betting pros consensus. JC Horn is plus two hundred. Is there any way here, Yates, you see these two flip flopping or is Certan gonna be basically the first cornerback off the board.
Speaker 3: Regardless, there's absolutely a path for jac Horn to be taken over Patrick Surtan. Do I think that that's the right move. No, But Dallas Cowboys sitting there at number ten overall, if Sirtan and Horn are on the board, there is some significant smoke that jac Horn might be the corner that they prefer, just with his ability to be a press man across the board, be able to guard slot corners to big tight ends. He locked down Elijah Moore in college all the way out to Kyle Pitt's, so that ability would be really, really attractive for Dallas at number ten overall. So I think there's a possibility. But if you have to ask me just straight up, I do think that Patrick Sutan at minus three h five is still the way that I would.
Speaker 1: Go, yes, I'm glad you brought that up because that's something I was looking at yesterday, which is how good Horn was against some of the elite talent in college football. Do you think that matters enough or could matter enough in your opinion tags to put him over Certan first as the first corner going off the board.
Speaker 2: Do I think it's possible? Sure, But I'm actually with Yates in this one that at minus three h five, I think it's a fair bet. That's actually actually one I would do because I think if Caleb Farley didn't have the back issues that he did, I would be uncomfortable selecting him there because I think Farley was the better cornerback in my opinion. I feel like there's deficiencies in Cirtan's game, but coming from Alabama, if you're looking for something to tilt it, Alabama players almost always get picked before anybody else. So, Sir Tan to me, I think that there's another prop bet available right now we're Cirtan. The over under on where he's picked is ten and a half, and I would say under that. So if you don't want to, if you're uncomfortable with Sirtan or Horn, here if you're like, I can see it going either way. I think both of them can potentially be picked by ten.
Speaker 1: And that one that Tags is talking about is minus one fifty nine if you like that, So keep that in mind. That's a spot open there. If you like sir Tan going over under ten and a half, it would be the under there at minus one fifty nine. Is those odds. Let's go to the defensive lineman and we'll move on to some more of Tags as favorites. We've got Quitty Pay at minus two hundred, Azizoljari at plus one fifty, and Jalen Phillips at plus two hundred. Tags will start with you with this one. Quidty Pay is the favorite right now in your opinion? Is there any way you want to justify? Because these are pretty tight right now. This was a little bit tighter than some of the other ones we've seen here, but you got three guys who are pretty close. So I guess what do you do in of approaching this. Do you stay away for the defensive alignement because it is kind of tough to taill because every team does have certain schemes that they want to run, or do you think there really is a definitive guy that you're gonna put above everybody else.
Speaker 2: I honestly, I don't think that there's a right answer here. I don't think anybody knows who's gonna come to stay away for you. It really is because Quitty Pay is someone that people are doing some projecting in order to get him there and saying he wasn't used correctly at Michigan. Well, when you're taking a guy as high as you know, twelve fifteen or wherever the first edge rusher is picked, you need to know that the guy's going to produce, you know what I mean. Jalen Phillips, he would be the number one for me. I think that he one hundred percent would be the first one off the board if he didn't have these question marks, you know, retiring in twenty eighteen from concussions and then coming back and playing the way he did. Obviously that's fantastic, but there are health concerns there. We can't eliminate those. Oh, Jalari, I don't think belongs in the conversation. To be honest, I don't even have him in my top four ed rushers in this class.
Speaker 1: So well, if you're taking him out of their tags. Then that means Quitty Pay at minus two hundred, Jalen Phillips at plus two hundred, Yates take Phillips is I was just gonna say, Yates, are you kind of wear tags? Which seems like, take oh Jari out of it, and then that's a pretty big divide right now, you're between the minus two and the plus two. In my opinion too, it would seem like you're crazy not to if you want to lay down some money on this one to go with the Phillips side.
Speaker 3: Obviously, I'm in complete agreement with Tags on this one across the board where you say this is one that I would probably stay away from in general, because Jalen Phillips, if he was fully healthy, would be that favorite that I would say. I think that you would see the odds flipped if we knew that Phillips was completely healthy. Unfortunately, unless we get something leaked in the media about his medical history, we're not going to have that clarity. So Jalen Phillips, if I'm putting any money down on this one, it would be Jalen Phillips, just because from the talent perspective, he belongs above Quity Pay. But does the NFL, does Vegas know or like the odd makers know something here with quity pay over Jalen Phillips that we don't. So this is just one that I would probably stay away from. If I'm forced to do anything, it would be Jalen Phillips at plus two hundred.
Speaker 1: All right, now, before we move on to some of the individual teams, uh tag you high. I lighted a few things here, and I want to talk about this first one because one of the unders for the total quarterbacks the numbers five and a half, and you've circled this as the under, but it's a minus five sixty here. And typically, again, if you're gonna lay that much just to win, it must be an absolute one percent lock, and it feels like it is. Yeah, and it probably is. But still, how do you, I guess, how do you sleep at night making sure that you're gonna go for this minus five sixty just to win one hundred dollars there? Because to lay five sixty, even though you know it's a lock, that is a whole lot to lay down there. So why do you like this wager so much?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a whole lot, but it's really not I mean, it's the same as that Penny Sule has got to be the first offensive lineman off the board. Like when you think about it, and that that one, to me has more whibble room. Every year they talk about quarterbacks that could potentially sneak in the in the first round. Remember Mason Rudolph, that whole conversation. You know what I'm saying, those quarterbacks, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You go to those.
Speaker 2: Quarterbacks and it's like Lamar Jackson fell He was a guy that should have went higher and he fell away to the thirty second pick, where you're gonna have guys. I swear some of these names they're bringing up are going to follow the third and fourth round. And I don't see any chance it gets, no chance it gets over five. I'm just willing to do it.
Speaker 1: You know what, I tend to agree with you. It's just a lot. It's a big you know, mayas five sixties a lot yates. Are you as confidences tags in as this number?
Speaker 3: Oh man, if I'm forced to take those odds at five sixty, that's just something that's a little steep for me to get me in on. But when you look at the names outside of the top five. Obviously you have your Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Trey Lance mac Jones, and that conversation seem to be guaranteed first round locks. Well, then it's got to be one of Kyle Trask, Kellen Mond, Davis Mills sneaking up into that back into the first round.
Speaker 1: That's just not happening.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm fairly, fairly certain, ninety nine percent certain that that is not going to happen. But it's just that if it were minus three hundred, that would be another conversation. But minus five sixty, man, it's just steepy.
Speaker 1: See. That's where I struggle too. I struggle with the five sixty. And here's the other part that I struggle, which is, we're taking this at face value with the teams that are on the board at the end of the first round. But that's not necessarily the trade you're gonna be picking there, And I think the variable of the trade scares me. With that much juice I get it to me, it's just too much that I would personally stay away from this one. Mike's confident, and he should be. I think he is one hundred percent right, But that's small variable of any team could jump in in those last couple of rounds, and and you know, Kansas City could trade out or or a Tampa or somebody like that at the very end, because somebody might say, oh, you know what, we love this quarterback, which might make sure we get him before it flips over to the second round. It's not impossible. I mean, some people didn't think Jordan Love would go in the first round last year. Who would necessarily thought that not only would.
Speaker 2: He, but he was expected he was expected to go to the first round, but.
Speaker 1: Him in the first round. He was a guy you'd see in the first and sometimes at the second last year, and a lot of the mocks it was. It was somewhere debatable, But I don't think any of us thought that Green Bay Packers were gonna be the team to do it. That's or to trade up to do it. Right now, over my point, five running backs drafted in the first round. So basically we're looking at basically a running back being draft or not. The juice is minus three zero five. So tags, what about this wager kind of peaked your interest?
Speaker 2: Well, it comes down to, like looking at the teams, the end of the first round. You have the Dolphins who are at eighteen, they're picking. You have the Steelers who are twenty four. You have those chances, But then you have the guys who are at the top of the next round. You know, you talk about teams like Atlanta, You talk about teams like the Jets, these Miami has another pick early in the round. These are all teams that I could see moving up just a couple spots to get back in the first round to draft that running back and get that fifth year option on their contract. Because, as we know, running backs walk into the league, they're in their prime, they're used right away. They're not going to be signed to a second contract the majority of the time. And like we can go back a couple of years and like talk about Rashad Penny, that guy went in the first round. You know, Naje Harris is a running back I love. You know, Travis etn is perfect for today's NFL. Javonte Williams is a guy that's been getting picking up a lot of steam lately. So one of those three running backs I do believe will go in the first round.
Speaker 1: Do you believe Yates that Trevin Morigg would be the first safety drafted. It's minus four hunh Vegas certainly seems to think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that this is kind of a lock when you look at guys like Javon Holland out of Oregon as that kind of consensus second safety off the board. I mean, but after that Hamsun is Cyril la Dean out of Florida State, Andre Cisco, Like it's a it's a week safety class just in general. So when you're looking at Trevon Merrigan what he brings to the table, I think that he is kind of just locked in to be that first safety taken this again, Steve odds minus four hundred, but I doubt I just can't see any of those other guys going above him.
Speaker 1: Now, the over under for Alabama players going in the first round it's five and a half. Tags. You've circled the under here on this one. The line is plus one fifty five. So your thoughts on this Alabama player total.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been running through it. I'm trying to figure out where they got that from. I think it would be safer to set it at four and a half, to be honest, Like, but the five and a half is you know, Christian Barmore is not a guy that's being mocked in every single first round of every single one. And then you work through it and you try and like Naja Harris. That's assuming that Naja Harris goes in, and that's where I set at four and a half because you start working it in, you start it's almost like you just look at it and you start adding up the players and you're like, not just one guy, but two guys have to get into that first round. That almost like I don't expect to be there. Barmore has a chance, I will say that, but you're gonna need one more. So it's just I don't see it. I don't see it happening.
Speaker 1: It seems like actually one of the better bets on the board the way we're talking about it, because in all the mocks we've done, we've been under that number for the most part. The fact that I can recall, So Yates, do you feel confident in this plus one fifty five as well?
Speaker 3: I don't because you're looking at Christian Barmore is getting top twenty buzz. Now this is at the point of the season where you say, because it's just heading in, like we talked about at the top, it's just draft season and it's getting closer to the draft where there's just so much smoke and forty players are going to go in the top twenty picks, right. But with Barmore, he's getting that buzz because it is a very very weak interior defensive lineman class. When you have a player who has the upside of Barmore, that's the potential. So you go Barmore, Mac Jones, Jalen Wattle, Davante Smith. There's four right there. Then Dickerson would be the other one right where potentially it's all dependent upon the health for him, and then Naji Harris. So at that point you have the six players. So it's just it comes down to really Land and Dickerson, because I do think that Naji Harris is gonna go in the first round. So now it really just comes down to Land and Dickerson and what his health is. This is probably one that I would probably stay away from it.
Speaker 1: I wonder also if you could, you know, if you think about it, if you like we just talked about before the whether or not you think Naja Harris goes in the first round, right, that number of running backs right. It's almost like you want to tie in the maybe the under on the running backs if you could get it, and the under on Alabama if you like that side. It seems like that's the tie in because it might be Naj Harris as the guy who breaks this five and a half as that seemed like a good pairing if indeed you were inclined to do so.
Speaker 2: I think Harris is one of those guys that's gonna come through that he's gonna actually be in the first round. But it's bar More and uh Dickerson. Those are the two that I don't maybe one of them does. But then if you're gonna put both of them in there, you're kicking out some big names out of the first round. And that's the only I just don't see it because they're almost that line is almost saying, hey, if you think both are gonna come out, like if that's a lot of players, I mean.
Speaker 3: It comes down to Dickerson. Sorry to cut you off text, it comes down to Dickerson. And again, that's a health just like Jalen Phillips, it's a health thing where we don't know unless it leaks, we're not going to have that information so that's just a risky bet to put down when you don't have all the information at your fingertips.
Speaker 2: I just don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not confident in it.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's see how confident you guys are in a few of these individual team wagers that are out there. So these are teams whether or not they're going to pick this specific player, which is a little tougher to gauge, but you do have some pretty good odds. Most of them are all on the plus obviously as well the ones we're going to talk about. So Trey Lance for the Denver Broncos is a plus two hundred. For the Broncos, Micah Parsons is a plus four. Mac Jones is a plus six yates, Can I tempt you on any of these?
Speaker 3: If I'm willing to take a shot on any of these. I think Trey Lance is off the board. I don't think that Michah Parson goes Micah Parsons goes in the top ten because of some off the field concerns, so I think he falls a little bit. Mac Jones is the one that I look at any of the if he is supposed to go in the top ten, which is what we're being told, which is what we're being fed. Denver probably makes the most sense where you look at the situation that he has with the playmakers around him. It's a team that's committed to running the football, playing with good defense, taking care of the football. Mac Jones fits that, and he brings that experience that Drew Locke doesn't. So I guess it really all just comes down to where do you think mac Jones is gonna go. If I'm gonna take a shot on any of these, it would be mac Jones at plus six hundred.
Speaker 1: Well, the six to one is certainly good enough odds to take a shot. Tags Are you in agreement there or is this just a complete stay away anyway?
Speaker 2: I stay away from teams that are that. You tie to teams just because you have no idea, Like literally, one trade that happens above that team, it changes the entire draft board and it changes everything. Teams know that, and that's why they have to go in. They have to meet with all these different prospects because they have to be prepared for every situation. Unfortunately, when you're betting before the draft, you're not prepared for every situation. Betting on a single player, I should say, so Mike A. Parsons at four hundred, I don't know if I might that one. You know, you go back to Vic Fangio when he was with Chicago drafting Rokwon Smith with the number eight overall pick. I think it was, you know, and they linebacker is a position of need for them. They did add cornerbacks, they don't need that. So if a if a quarterback does not fall to them that they would want. I think mac Jones is redundant in terms of having Drew Locke on the roster. See what you have. If they were able to get Trey Lance, they'd love it. But I don't think Lance falls there. But Micah Parsons is interesting because he's a guy that I think I would have mocked earlier in the draft, like definitely inside the top ten earlier, and it seems like he's fallen through the media. But I don't know really why. But at nine for the Broncos, for Vic Fanjo to add another piece to that defense, it kind of makes some sense, all right.
Speaker 1: So you have a good argument there for the mac Jones. So I had a good argument for the Parsons side. Let's take a look at the Giants. DeVante Smith is the highest odds here plus two to fifty. Then they have Michael Parsons as well at plus five, and then Rashaun Slater plus five yeates. The plus five hundred on Slater is the one I'm circling because the Giants could certainly use some more offensive line help. I mean they've done everything else. I mean the health of Saquon Barky the last few years has not been good. Let's be honest. You've added Kenny Galladay, so you want to get time for him to get open downfield if you're going to really make this offense work. It seems like Slater five to one is actually a pretty good wager if you're gonna be looking there. But then again, you never know what teams are gonna do. Do you feel like this is a stay away for you when it comes to the Giants or do you think Slater's actually a good investment.
Speaker 3: This really is a stay away from me. If there were any of these guys that were edge players and there were favorable odds, that would probably be something I would look at, because I think edge is where they go in the first round. But there's not I don't think that they double down on wide receiver after adding Kenny Galladay and adding some key pieces throughout free agency Micah Parsons. Again, it makes sense with Dave Gettleman. But yet at the same time, I don't know if Parsons is gonna go this early. So if there was an edge, maybe, but outside of that, man, I just don't think Raychaun Slater is still there, So I will I'll stay away from this one.
Speaker 1: You seem like you're in agreement, So let's move on to the Eagles instead. DeVonta Smith plus three hundred, pastricks of Tan plus three hundred and Jalen Wattle plus five hundred. So obviously we got the two wide receivers in this cluster. Do you think the Eagles do go back to that wide receiver? Well, and if so, which one of these two.
Speaker 2: Guys and DeVante Smith would be my choice here, just because I mean, this is a team that desperately needs wide receivers after letting go of Alshon, Jeffrey DeShawn Jackson. Obviously they weren't on the field for them. But Jalen Rager, I think if you put him in Jalen Wattle together, I just think you have a couple burners that I like Raager, and I don't think I'm not giving up on him. I don't think the Eagles should either. But Davanta Smith is DeVante Smith is someone that accents his play very well, like he's a different type of player than Jalen Rager. So I believe DeVante Smith would be the one I would choose. But again I'm staying away from this. I heard the Eagles could look to trade back even more in this and if the Eagles do trade back, they're not gonna get DeVante Smith. So that's again, this is why I avoid at all costs like doing a prop bet with players going to specific teams.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's try about these two players in general, then, DeVonta Smith and Jalen Waddle. Let's look at them and Yates. We have minus one O that Smith goes first, minus one eight team that Wattle goes first. Number one. Do you think this is the correct odds on these guys? And number two? Are one of these more interesting you than the other in terms of wagering.
Speaker 3: I think Waddle goes first with DeVante Smith at one hundred and sixty six pounds. I think that he's going to be a great pro. Like, don't get me wrong, I think that he's going to be great, But it's the outlier perspective here with DeVante Smith and just how high do you take this guy in the NFL draft? So I think that teams are still going to be looking to get Davante Smith on their team. Like, don't get me wrong, again, I think he's gonna be great, but it's just when you look at the price tag, the investment, and then the fact that he's an outlier at that size, I just don't know if that's someone that you take within the top fifteen picks. And if that's the case, then I know that Wattle's going to go in that range, and I know that Jamar Chase is going to go in that range. So I'll go waddle here over Davonte Smith.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go back and talk more about the first round. How many players from each position is going to go. We already talked about the quarterbacks, so we kind of dug into that one. We touched on the running backs, but I want to kind of bring it to everybody's attention too, because right now on betting pros and the consensus the over under the number is point five, so that's basically is running back and it get taken or not. Just to simplify for folks out there who are still new to wagering, you got the minus three oh five for the under. That's a consensus number. Then the under is plus two thirty. Now that number is different in lots of different places. On FanDuel, for instance, the over is minus two seventy, the unders plus two hundred. If you go to another site like fox bet, you got plus two hundred for the under, excuse me for the over, and then for the under minus two to eighty six. And this is the nice thing about betting pros is that you can go to betting pros dot com and you can see the different houses, how they wager everything, how they set everything up, and basically where you like to get the best odds, and then you can go place your bet very smartly, so it's kind of like a condensed version where you don't have to keep looking at all these different sites. You can go to just one spot and you could see everything there, like the wagers you like, and then find the best odds and boom, you can go take care of that all. So let's go back to this one. Just use the consent, boys, because again that point five, the consensus numbers minus three oh five the on the over the under is plus two thirty. So tags, once again, we'll just kind of touch on this one more times whether or not you think a running back is gonna go. We've done Max where they have, We've done Mox where they haven't, and that makes this one a tough one. This is a stay away from me, how about you?
Speaker 2: I'm taking the over here. There will be one. The question is which one is it? You know for me it would be Naja Harris. You know it couldn't be too Travesey CNN one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Go there.
Speaker 2: He put on some weight for his pro day, he still ran a fast time.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: Javonte william has been getting some hype recently. It reminds me a little bit Uppershod Penny in a way where like the Rise, I'm not not the player, not the player, but the rise during the draft process. So but I definitely see one of those three running backs coming off the board, if not two of them.
Speaker 1: All right, Yates, do you see one running back coming off the board?
Speaker 2: I do, I do Okay.
Speaker 1: So basically then if you do like that over when you're looking around, you got plus two hundred of fox bet that's the place to go make that wager. Yeah, I can tell you're right now that's the spot. And that's because of looking at agat bettingpros dot com. Now, when you go to the wide receivers right now, right the consensus so far, we've got the under at four and a half. And looking at this again, you can go over under in some different places. Let's just take the number right now, because the consensus is plus one seventy five on the under. You go to FanDuel and get the over at minus two oh five. Just to give you a gauge of where the numbers are at Yates, how many receivers do you think are going to go in this first round?
Speaker 3: Oh man, this is a really tough one. Where you look at Jamar Chase, Davante Smith, Jalen Waddle, they all seem to be locks. But then there is a huge range for the number four wide receiver off the board. Is it Rashad Bateman, is it Terrace Marshall out of LSU Is it somehow Elijah Moore out of all miss like Kadarius Tony is supposed to go a lot higher, could even potentially go over Davante Smith, according to Peter Trigger of know NFL Media. So there's just a ton here where it's a ton of uncertainty. If you had to make me choose, I would say the over here. I do think that we get five in the first round. As to which it's gonna be, I just have absolutely no idea yeap.
Speaker 1: Well, across the board, the overs are all in the minus two ish range, so we're talking two ten to two twenty five. As I'm looking here on bettingpros dot com tags, what do you think about this number here? Because look, they really are I mean, you just never know in the leads going in this direction. But we've done these mocks these last month or so where we've had big wide receiver mocks and then somewhere they faded into the second round a little bit, and I'd say recently we're kind of close to this number, which is again why you're getting the four and a half. We know the three that are a lock. It's whether or not Bateman is a lock for you too. If so that's four automatically, you just need one more, So do you think one more can squeeze out of this first round?
Speaker 2: Well, if Bateman was a lock, i'd say yeah, But after Bateman came in at six foot, one hundred and ninety pounds, I don't know if he's a lock because he was always a guy that was talked about in the twenties. So I mean, do I think Bateman should go there? Yeah? I absolutely do. Do I think Tony should be considered? No? Do I think Elijah Mark should be considered?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Do I think Terris Marshall should be considered? No? So all these players I go through it. But that's the thing is you look at last year and teams are craving wide receive right now. So if this was even money, i'd probably say the over. But given it's minus three ten for over four and a half, I can't do it. I can't do that, So I would actually rather take the under four and a half plus two twenty five. But in reality, I do happen there's probably gonna be five ride receivers in that first round, but as he said, we don't know who, and I don't feel comfortable with it. But if I was the first pick, if I was forced to pick one side, I'd take the under four and a half.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the offensive lineman. Over under is six and a half minus one twelve on both sides, So tags will start you with this one. Obviously, offensive line has really been valued much more in the last few years. Teams are identifying and understanding how important it is to really build with these guys. If you don't have them, then you don't have anything because you can't protect your investments in these quarterbacks that you have. So your thoughts on this number of six and a half, Obviously we know a couple guys are locks, but do we have six or do we have seven?
Speaker 2: I'm going over and I'm gonna say over because it's offensive lineman. If you said offensive tackles, I think that would be a really good number because the edge class is so weak, because the safety class is weak, because the linebackers are there's a lot of borderline guys there. Like, this is not a defensive draft. So it's like you start looking at it offensive line. You rarely see these players hit the open market, rarely true, and so it's like they need to attack these positions. And if you said six and a half offensive tackles. I would have been like, I'll probably take the under because there's usually a guy or two waiting there in the second round that nobody expected to fall. But being you're saying offensive lineman, there is a chance that we seed Creed, Humphrey, or Land and Dickerson go in the first round. You know what I mean, these guys do. There's usually center that typically will go towards the end of the first round. So I'm gonna take the over on six and a half because it's total offensive lineman.
Speaker 1: It makes a great point there, Yates, because what tax is saying is basically it's it's as good as this class is an offensive lineman, it's also not a great defensive draft necessarily compared to some other years, and that impact might indeed show up in this number. Do you agree that the over is probably a lock here at mis one twelve.
Speaker 3: I never want to call anything a lock in the NFL draft, but this seems like it. Where you say the offensive lineman, again, that classification is very important. Where if it was offensive tackle or interior offensive lineman, you know that would be one thing. But when we're looking at the overall offensive lineman, yeah, I'm pretty comfortable leaning the over there all right.
Speaker 1: Now, we had to get a little bit of a clarity on one of these because we weren't sure what this was or whether or not so who's a linebacker, who's a defensive lineman. We looked at all of this and what we found is we went over to the FanDuel sportsbook and in case you're looking to make any kind of wagers on things in terms of what's an edge player versus not and how it's all about what they are at NFL dot Com. So whatever NFL dot Com designates them for, that's what the wagering house is going to do. So this is very important we clarify this because going into it, we were looking at this number and asking ourselves the same question. But it is out there on most of these houses, so you could figure it out. The linebacker number here is four and a half over under Yates. You're getting plus one thirty on the over, minus one sixty seven on the under. Your thoughts on linebackers in the first round.
Speaker 3: I'm taking the under here. There's definitely a chance that Jamine Davis can slide in there, or a Baron Browning from Ohio State can slide in there at the back end of the first round, but outside of that, it's Micah Parsons, it's Jeremiah Usukorromoa out of Notre Dame and then maybe Saving Collins, you know, And even if if Savin Collins is a lock, then I mean that's still and and Jaman Davis slides in there, that's still four. So I'm gonna go under here, And that's pretty pretty comfortable for me.
Speaker 1: Tags you are not in agreement, you seem to agree here with this wholeheartedly, right.
Speaker 2: I feel very comfortable saying the under on that one. Linebackers for whatever reason, and it seems like it keeps getting pushed more and more. Like Patrick Queen, you know, last year was a guy that we talked about being one of the top linebacker prospects, and he fell all the way to the Ravens. So, you know, I think they devalue. It's almost like the opposite of teams what they're doing wide receivers right now, they're devaluing the linebackers. They're valuing the cornerbacks more. So I definitely say under on this one.
Speaker 1: Last one here, and then we'll close up shop. We have defensive linemen over under four and a half. The overs plus one ten. The under is minus one thirty seven tags your thoughts on this.
Speaker 2: I am torn, but I will say that's a great song.
Speaker 1: You know, is that in the nineties. I feel like that was the nineties? I am torn. Well, no, it's like it's like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I did not sing I did not sing that song.
Speaker 3: Yes you did.
Speaker 1: It was close to it. It was close. That's okay, you're a little late.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I'd like to think I have a better ear and voice than that. But Jesus, all right, So I'm gonna I'm gonna go over on this one. I will say over four and a half because even though it's not a strong edge rusher class, I think we're gonna see some teams in the later part of the round, like a you know, Gates is gonna bet me on this one. We're gonna bet on Gregory Russell on whether or not he's gonna be a top forty or forty five pick. I can't remember what the terms were, but you're getting an upside player that's got some question marks.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Jaylen Phillips is gonna go there, Quitdy Pay is gonna go there. Jason Ahway is definitely a guy that's gonna go there, so you're just looking for basically one more guy or another defensive tackle like a Christian Barmore. I think Davion Nixon is a guy that should be considered first round, but he's not for whatever reason. But there's gonna be someone else. O Jalai's gonna probably sneak in there. So yeah, I'm gonna take the over on defensive lineman over four.
Speaker 1: Are you in the same mind here, Yeah, so you like the over as well? At the plus one ten the consensus, this.
Speaker 2: Is a great line.
Speaker 3: If it was five and a half, I would say I'll take the under if it's you know, but with it being the four and a half, I will take the over because I do think five go in the first round and you get the plus odds on that, so yeah, I'll take the over four and a half.
Speaker 1: There all, I want to remind everybody too, we're gonna be live during the NFL Draft. Make sure you subscribe to Fantasy Pro so you could watch the three of us break it all down every pick. And I'm sure from a wagering standpoint, all this stuff is gonna come up to It's gonna be a fun night of the NFL Draft, that's for sure. And make sure you go to Bettingpros dot com to get all these consensus. Like I said, we kind of walked you through it. That's what the general numbers are. But if you like some of these wagers, you can go find the absolute best odds you can find and go right to them. And that's the beauty of betting pros. So I want to thank Tags and Yates for spending some quality time here talking more NFL Draft because I know they just can't get enough. No matter what Tag said how he's sick of all the talk of it, he's not. He loves it. He's torn because he loves it so much, and yet he knows it's going to go away soon, and then that means the beginning of the NFL season for real. And then that's and we don't see Tags go outside for much the rest of the year. So I want to thank you guys for your time and your knowledge. Is always great to talk football with you. We'll be back again next week for some more betting pros. In the meantime, that'll do it for us. We'll see you next time, kids,