Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio Podcast.
Speaker 2: This week's Thursday Therapy, We've got doctor Daniel Pampa on. I have been following him on Instagram because he is full of knowledge. He's got a Pampa program, which is basically just his coaching program. We'll talk all about that and then all the things that he's telling us are not good for us. It's good a month. I'm so excited to chat with you because I my husband makes fun of me. He really wanted to be here too for this one, because you know, he had his own questions as well. But you know, because I'm always watching your Instagram videos, I'm like, okay, like this is not bad for me. That's not this is not good for me. This I'm like, oh my god. I was like, it's he gonna tell me drinking water is bad for me. Then it's like I saw your water thing like topsic water in your city. I was like, I can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I mean it kind of poses a little problem, right, meaning that likes it's really hard. Right. I have my team making like guides because people are like, how do we get the plastic out of our life? I don't even know where to start, all right, plastic guy forever, chemical guide. Right, It's like, you know, it's I just don't know what else to do, right, because you have a minute and a half to do a video, and it if people if you sit there and blab on longer than that, people just turn you off.
Speaker 2: Right, So well, okay, so don't look too close or you're going to see my fake eyelashes, which I know you said is not good to have on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you heard me say, this is what I think made that video go viral. Unfortunately, obviously you're very beautiful, so this is no critique here. But I said in the video, I said, you know, and I don't even like them, Okay, I don't, okay, And I think that's what made it a viral because I was like, and I got I got a lot of haters too, right, But it was you know that that kind of drives the video. You know, I don't ever try to drive a video by any means right controversial, but however, it was, you know. And it's the funny part about that video is my wife's assistant has fake eyelashes, and a week later she got soap in her eye and it dissolved the glue and she ended up in the emergency room for eight hours and they said, she, you know, mike o blind and she'll definitely need a coronary transplant sore her. You know, we use some different things that have helped, and last time she was there, they said, it looks like that she's going to keep her sight and she may not even need the transplant. So we'll see. But the irony of that, the irony of that that it dissolved the femila hyde went in and then in the video, I got criticism about that because she still had the other one in and well they're like they were afraid to do anything with it. Well, when they took it off, some of it went in and her immune system reacted to the phemala hide and you know, it wasn't as bad as this eye, but she went through a similar thing so she couldn't even see.
Speaker 2: That's insane, but also so glad that she's hopefully going to be okay. Is that the same with like the ones that stay on, like not the strip off ones, like the individual like ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's they're glued. It's a problem.
Speaker 2: Why again because of the formaldehyde.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the adhesive that they're using that has formale hyde. There's other chemicals in it too, but they think that formale hyde is what's creating a lot of the problems.
Speaker 2: Which are what which what are the problems again?
Speaker 1: So it's basically people are getting allergic reactions. After a year or more having the man, all of a sudden they start getting problems macular degeneration, uh, you know, different eyesight issues. I mean just you know, problems with the eyes. Right, same thing that she had, but she got a lot in at once, and it kind of all happened at once, you know. It is the irony was is people are like, well I've had these in for a year or whatever it was, right, It's like, you know, it's because it's resolved so quickly or so slowly. Hers went so quickly.
Speaker 2: Problem so crazy? What is one of the like what is the number one thing if person, if someone came up to you, is like, just tell me the one thing that is the worst thing that we do. What would it be?
Speaker 1: That's a hard one, however, you know, I would say right now, it's like the plastic exposure is really really bad. So people that are always drinking out of plastic. You're getting massive amounts. And then let's say you're a tea drinker. You know, you're talking about eleven billion particles of tea, right, So it's like and then yeah, and then there's these hidden plastic sources in makeups and you know all of that, and it's massive hormone disruption and that's the problem. So are you minimizing that is a big deal. That's why I said, well, let's start with just a way to get plastic out of your life.
Speaker 2: Right, how do we do that?
Speaker 1: It starts in the kitchen and goes to your personal care products, right, And people don't think about personal care products as exposure, but it's great exposure on things like thalatees that are massive hormone disruptors. The chemicals in.
Speaker 2: Plastics, I've never if I'm being totally honest, I I mean, I kind of heard things about past but I've never had it related to hormone disruptors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's the problem. Right. So recent study showed that they're finding the chemicals and plastic in every male testicle they you know, they've tested. They're saying, it's why we're seeing such low testosterones, lowess testosterons in the history of humanity, sperm counts, low sperm counts in the history of humanity, and it's also showing up in women's ovaries. But what it is is plastic. It causes problems with hormones multiple ways. Number One, it's a hormone mimic, so it literally it's estrogen mimic. So the body literally thinks it's estrogen it's not. And so that's a problem. They call zeno estrogens X and so that's an issue. But they are also disrupting hormones at the receptor sites, you know, where they're driving inflammatory, blocking hormones from basically interacting correctly with receptor sites. So yeah, you know, and then you add to it, the pesticide exposure is great. You know, glychis say, is allowing these chemicals to go deeper, crossing the gut, causing the blood brain barrier. And you know, so we're finding plastic in the arteries that this is a study that just came out. You know, they order driving They believe three to four times the amount of strokes and cardiovascular so you know, plastic is driving inflammation in general too in the body. So it's a new problem. There's a new movie coming out Plastic People or something like that. Okay, the whole point is is that you know, we're literally becoming plastic. It's like wow, which is crazy, right?
Speaker 2: I mean, so what do you do to get the plastic out of your life? What are some substitutions that you do well?
Speaker 1: I mean number one again, you have to be careful what you're putting hot foods in acid foods. People are still using plastic wrap on foods, big mistake. It's one thing putting, as an example, pretzels in a plastic container, right, it's not going to leach the plastic. But if you put spaghetti sauce, forget it. It's acid and hot, right, So think about that. It creates people are eating off plastic, People are drinking out of plastic. You have to minimize that. People are using spatchelos. I did a Instagram video, you know, saying like just get rid of these. You're putting it in hot things, and plastic particles are going all through your food cutting boards four million views, I think. But when you cut, all these particles go in and you know it's so anyways, still, I think you start in your kitchen because you have hot spicy things. What you're storing foods, and people put it in topperware and put it in the refrigerator and you're just pulling plastic and your tea literally almost one hundred percent of tea the bags. They're spraying the bags with plastic. Eleven point six billion microplastics in one cup of tea.
Speaker 2: So just getting like the tea like the strips.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I use. There's Elixir as a company that I love out of I know the woman who've developed it out of California, and a great product, very healthy product in general. But you know, obviously no plastics for other chemicals, which is a whole other topic. But you start in your kitchen all these things because it ends up in our food, ends up in our bodies, right from the water to the food to the acid. What we're storing and what we're cutting on, you know what we're flipping things with all of it. And then water, right, it's like I said, people are putting water in plastic drinking water bottles. Look, you know it's hard. In Europe they're kind of catching onto this. We were in the hotels and they were giving us cartons instead of plastic which I thought was like, oh, that's amazing, right, And you know, I'm just basically saying like, this is what we're up against, you know, and what I teach and have taught for twenty years now and now I'm bringing it directly to the public is real detox is what you need. It's not as simple as sitting in asana. We have to upregulate these self functions that get rid of Toksin's daily otherwise, yeah, we're going to end up sick. We're gonna end up. It starts with fatigue. Then it's brain fog that has got problems. That's some symptoms that like so many people are dealing with that these are cellular toxicity issues.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. But also when you were talking about being at the hotel too, my husband I just got back from a honeymoon and he's like, I haven't had anything out of a plastic bottle this entire time we've been in Italy because everything was either like glass. Yeah, he's like every he's like, not one plastic bottle.
Speaker 1: Wake up America. But it's at all you know, Look, you know there's we have great things compared to Europe in different things, right, but one thing that they're not exposed to is the level of toxins.
Speaker 2: I will just say, like, I don't know if this is what you're talking about. But when I went to Italy, I've never had I mean, I ate so much bread and had some alcohol and pastas and I didn't I was employed it all. It was the flattest my stomach ever was. And the second I came back to the States, I've been bloated. I'm not breaking out really bad, which I've never break out, and you know, I was like, oh, maybe I just try a piece. I was like, I was fine having the bread in Italy, like I should be fine. I was like bloated, stomach hurts like all the things, and I'm like, this is just proves the point how bad our food is. I mean, still like three weeks later and I'm still like, why is my skin still so bad?
Speaker 1: So true, I sat in I was speaking in Croatia and I was at a seminar in Croatia and they had this gut panel that I sat in on and it was very interesting. Right, So there was like maybe five or six experts on the panel, and it was a very mixed audience, like you know, half American half European audience, and I'm sitting there in this gut panel just like, oh man, they're missing it. They're missing it. They're talking about fermented foods and different probiotics and all these gut solutions and the problem of the gut. Not one person was talking about the toxins and the toxins effect on the I and I didn't they knew who I was in the audience. I didn't want to be disrespectful and be like, you missed it, right, And I was literally my son was like poking me behind me, like Dad, just you know, speak up. But I'm like, I'm not going to be that guy. This German guy over here in the question answer raises his hand and says no disrespect to the all American panel, which it was. He goes, but we had a conversation yesterday at lunch, and I find it, you know, very telling to this conversation. He said, we had, you know, some Americans at the table and some Europeans, and the Americans were going on and on about their gut problems and their thyroid problems in the different symptoms, and We're looking at each other, and then you know, they started walking away from the table, and we had a conversation amongst ourselves, like do you have those problems you and none of us had gut problems, and none of us had these hormone the thyroid problems. You know, it appears it's just an American thing, and so can I make a suggestion. I think it's the toxins that you all were exposed to that were not And then this other woman from like Switzerland, razorans, she said, well, look I go to the United States. She said, what you said. When I go to the United States, I get all these gut problems, I get blowed and all these things happen. I come back and everything's good again, and then all these people you know, start sharing that's the issue. Yeah, glif estate is outlawed in most of those countries. Right, it's not in the wine, it's not in the food. That's a chemical that you know they're spraying on our food as a pesticide, herbicide. But like all the colorings, the food colorings, the red dyes, the yellow dyes, their outlawed. BHT. I could go down a list of preservers and chemicals. You can't bring lucky charms in to that country because it's the illegal gatorade. You can't sell gatorade there unless you reformulate, which a lot of companies do to get it into those countries. It's banned. These products are banned. The products that our kids reading in this country. Most of the cereals and drinks are banned in Europe, you know, and we wonder why. Look, I was making the point earlier. You don't see fat people. I've spent a lot of time in Italy. I've spent a lot of time in France. Where are the fat people? You know, it's oh, they're there, the Taurus coming in. You know, you can spot an American a mile away. Right. It's like, so, what is it? Is it the diet? The italianzy twenty percent more carbohydrates than we do, twenty percent more on average. So I don't know. No, it's the chemicals. The chemicals are driving the hormone resistance, which again, here's another problem in the US. I'll get to that in a minute. But it's chemicals that are making people fat. It's the chemicals that are giving the brain fog, the gut problems. It's the chemicals, and we're worried about the environment. We should be worried about this environment because that's what's being polluted, right, and the lobbyists are protecting because the chemical companies are right here.
Speaker 2: I want to go to your Celluar detalks and talk about your program, but I do want to know, well, first of all, it's also like being so hard as a mom in this generation. I've got three kids, two of which are in you know, school, but it's and they're in you know, two different houses too, and they're like, well, why I want the goldfish. I was like, this is the thing. We don't have that here. We're not going to ever have that here. I'm sorry you cannot like me. I was like, but it's the fresh fruit that we have, the vegetables. Like, I can't remember the last time I gave my kids anything like that, because I know they're going to get it at other places. They're going to get it at you know, their dad's fine, school, fine, But it's just it drives me crazy because it's like it's it's like I'm I'm this awful, mean mom because I don't want to feed my kids this bad stuff because I'm like, I now know the you know, and I think it was also, you know, my husband's from Scotland and so he was also like you know, right, I was giving them the bad cereals until now I've gotten more knowledge of Okay, what is and like because I'm like, well, they wouldn't be poisoning us in our foods, and it's like, yeah, they are, you know, and like so that's like now looking at everything and I'm like, all right, it's all out. It's done. And I had to literally get my kids to like detox from like any of the sugar that they had because they're like, well this doesn'taste God, I'm yeah, because it's not filled with just crap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly know.
Speaker 2: And that's been like a whole and now I feel like they're finally like, you know, on the other side of like, oh, I don't like the way this tastes, and like exactly because it doesn't. It's not it's not good.
Speaker 1: For you excitotoxins. I mean, when you look at the chemicals you pick up the average cereal, you can't read half of it, right, It's and I have a little saying if you can't read it, don't eat it. Definitely don't give it to your kids, right And it's it's so many chemicals that we're ingesting now that will be banned five years from now. They're already banned in Europe. Right, it's I mean tri sodium phosphate TSP. I was like I was showing the cereals that have this in it. Right, it's other snacks that kids eat too. It's basically it's it's a paint thinner. I mean it's and here's what the government says, Oh yeah, but in the amounts the concentration that it's used in pain thinner is a solvent. It's far less than the prime. I don't care this stuff bioaccumulates. It's like I'm not giving my kid that it's banned in Europe. It's like, you know, it should be banned here. You know, TSP shouldn't be in any product, and I you know, I don't care if you call it, you know, grasp, which generally safe. You know, It's like, well, I don't think so, because what they never take into consideration is that these chemicals accumulate in our tissues, and when they accumulate, there's a building effect and a decline in health over time. So don't tell me about your study that says in small amounts it's safe, but in large amounts we strip paint with it. I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, okay, So how how then do you, like? How how do you eat cleanly?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 2: I mean? Because it's again even hard to go out to restaurants because don't know where you're getting your So it's like, how do you follow your cellular detox? First of all, how do you do it? And then how do you how do you live? Like? What are the supplements you take? What do you like? I just want to I want to do what you do? Tell us?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. You know what's so funny is my team said, you know, people do a video Instagram video on like what you doing today? I said, listen. I'll lose them right there because they'll be like, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: I do though I do my listeners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, it's so simp I'll tell you what I did today so far? Right for fun, you know. But the bottom line is I want to be clear on one thing. My detox is not a diet, right. The diet changes are very very necessary, but we're at a time that even changing your diet doesn't get you well anymore. You know. Detoxing at the cellar level is how I've helped thousands and thousands of people, you know, with different conditions. Right, the body has an ability to heal itself. You have to remove the big cause. These toxins that we're talking about are the big cause of a factor, the hormone disruptors, you know people, That's what I was going to say right now. It's in vogue in this country is taking low hormones and raising them up with hormones. There's a time and a place, but it's not the answer because what's happening is the level of toxins. Toxins are driving something called cellular inflammation of So let me say it differently. It's hormone resistant, meaning our hormones become resistant two or our cells become resistant to the hormones. So if that's a cell. On every cell, you have receptors to hormones, meaning that the hormone like thyroid, hormone, insulin, estrogen, they have to attach to the receptor and get themselves in the cell or their message. So blood levels become irrelevant when these hormones can't get in the cell. So in other words, when I was sick, I kept going my thyroid's not right, my hair stinning. I'm like, I'm getting skinny, fat, losing muscle, gaining fat, no energy. I mean I had everything. If you go on life, I had all the symptoms, Your thyroid went out, my blood work done, it was normal for now, maybe another five years, ten years it would have been out of range. But also people are making blood levels of thyroid hormone is one example normal. But here's the problem. If toxins are blocking these receptors, which is what's happening, it's called hormone resistance, then it can't get in the cell. Doesn't matter if you improve your blood levels. Insulin resistance people are familiar with that. That means that you have plenty of insulin, but the receptor it's resistant. Well, there's estrogen resistance, testosterone resistance. This problem is what toxins are driving. And then there's also something called central hypothyroidism, where toxins are accumulating in the control tower, the pituitary, and you can't even get the right hormone balance in your body because the control tower's poisoned. So the point is is that diet alone today isn't going to make that problem better. That's the cellular detox is what I teach. How do we get rid of these toxins, you know, off the cells. How do we get ourselves doing what they should be doing every day so we can feel normal and have normal energy. But to your question, that's a diet. What did I do today? Okay? Boringly? I got up, I had my little mushroom cut coction with I drank one cup of coffee a day. It's a very healthy coffee, and I put mushrooms in it. Pretty boring. And then I went to the gym. And then I came back from the gym and I got sardines and water. Why not olive oil because a lot of the olive oil is cut in sardines to save money. I think sardines is very healthy. I don't eat them every day. But this is what I did today. But I took the drained the water off, put my own incredible olive oil in it. And what else did I put in a little bit of avocados sometimes sometimes a little bit of grass fed cottage cheese, and I mix it together. And that's what I quickly ate before I did the show.
Speaker 2: Do you only like whole foods organically shop.
Speaker 1: Or I do? I mean I shop more of a local little health food store has better produce than whole foods honestly, but yeah, we buy organic only. I did some Instagram videos because I get criticized. Organics thirty percent more on average, some products fifty percent. Can't afford it? Okay, great eat from the Clean fifteen, and I did a video on what that is. Here's the foods that really there's not that much pesticide used because they don't have to. And then stay away from the Dirty dozen. And if you just bought organic, if you wanted strawberries because it's in the Dirty dozen or spinach, then buy organic just in that right. So I did that video for people who go, well, you know, I can't afford it, But my argument would be, you can't afford not to get organic day. You know it's look it is, this is a big problem. I mentioned one pesticide that they're spraying herbicide glycasate. It's creating leaky gut. Everyone's running from gluten. It's not the gluten unless you have silliac disease. It's the value of leaky gut in the gluten protein's crossing into your bloodstream, and you're making antibodies and reacting to it. Lectins, fight tates. Do you hear about these people? It's these are plant toxins that ten years ago nobody was reacting to. I shouldn't say nobody, but rarely. Ever. Now today everyone's getting rid of histamines, lectins, fightates. Plants haven't changed. We changed. We have a leaky gut being driven by these toxins. You know when you asked me another part of that question, you said, what about when I go out to eat? Look, I know where to go. I mean I travel. I know every healthy restaurant in every city there always is one. But also if I end up at a restaurant, I know how to order. Right, I'm ordering wild caught fish. Most restaurants, especially on the West Coast, have you know, grass fed meat choices. And I'll order the vegetable and I eat. I'll eat from the clean fifteen. All right, It's like I won't order.
Speaker 2: Where do we find the clean fifteen? Is that in your Pampa program?
Speaker 1: If you if you go to my Instagram, which is just Dr Pompa, right, Doctor Pompa, I did that video within the last two weeks. I did that. I did one on the Dirty Dozen. There's two videos there, okay, perfect, you'll see both.
Speaker 2: And then where can so our listeners can where can they sign up for the POMPA program.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the PAMPA program. If you just go to pompuprogram dot com, you can actually watch a teaching that I did there. It's I've taught doctors for twenty years, and it's basically what I've been teaching for twenty years. It's more on this concept here of what we have to do to get our lives back and to stay healthy. And I'm really talking about these major neurotoxic sources that if we can get rid of these and get ourselves working, then we can get our lives back. That's what the teaching is. So if you go to pump program dot com, watch the webinar that's there is it's free and you'll be wide open eyes, and then you can join Pumper program if you desire. But the education is very good.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for what you do. Yeah, and just this was very insightful, so I really appreciate it. I'm going to go get rid of some of my tepward downstairs and that is all very enlightening in the Spatch list. So I was like, oh, I just made my eggs with that about twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, I use that. You can use silicone is better now than the plastic would. Now that's what I was gonna say. What is even better, Chris better, stainless steel is even better. And then don't use tefloon pans and non stick. Caraway is a great brand that's non stick that I use. So we can even get into my pants next time you do this. We'll have fun. We'll do I'll take my phone and then we'll go into my kitchen.
Speaker 2: Okay, don yeah, I'll make sure my husband's on that one because he's got some more questions for you too. So this is a part one. We'll get you on for a part two. Absolutely. Thanks John, all right, thank you so much. Appreciate you. All right, boyebye bye