Speaker 1: Hey, the folks in this episode bra and a blue brimmed hat. Two fashion statements still the show at Trump's inauguration. One was for its elegance in class, the other classless, at least according to some Welcome Everybody to Amy and TJ. I had a bra roapes. The hat in question was on the head of Milania Trump. The bra was worn by Lauren Sanchez, fiance of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos. And that's where we'll start. You saw her outfit. Did you have an initial reaction all that was going on, and then the first time we see Lauren Sanchez, did you have a reaction immediately to what she was wearing?
Speaker 2: If I'm being honest, the answer is yes, I did have an immediate reaction to what she was wearing.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was just a little shocked.
Speaker 2: Look. Look, I'm not one to pile on or judge. I think women should be able to express themselves in whatever way they'd like. And she you know, it was a beautiful suit and a beautiful bra, and it would have looked killer on a red carpet. I just was a little I was just taken aback because I wasn't expecting to see that look at a presidential inauguration. And I don't want to stand on my high horse and say, oh, I've never made a fashion mistake. That's just not true. But definitely I was. I immediately had a reaction, which I voiced, and then I believe you started looking online.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but my reaction was, oh, I was supposed to react to that. I really was, And I asked you at the time. I just I didn't look at her and take it in. I guess the context of where she was. I didn't put it all together. I don't have that kind of fashion sense. I can look at what somebody's wearing and say you look good in that, or that doesn't look so good on you. I don't have the ability to say, well, you're wearing that, but you're wearing it here on a Tuesday and it's after four pm, so you know you're not see that kind of a thing. I know it's not that technical, but I'm saying I didn't have the I didn't immediately see her and go with the environment she was in think anything of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe, and maybe it's not fair, but women are held I think, to a very high standard where when it comes to what you wear to a wedding, what you wear to a funeral.
Speaker 1: We didn't talk about a single dude.
Speaker 2: Suit yesterday exactly, and honestly, we talked about Lauren, and we talked about Milania. But I can't remember what one dude was wearing, except for maybe hegseeth because his suit stood out as a little too flashy blue. So but short of that, you're right. I mean our focus was and usually is on what women are wearing, and we do we I do want to make sure that I say this. I think we all need to give one another, meaning women to women, especially all break and I think that Lauren looked smoking in it like she did look great?
Speaker 1: Okay? Can we can you help me? First of all? And what was it? Okay? That was underneath? I heard it referred to as a bra, a boostier. I think a lace corset. What can I describe it as? Underneath?
Speaker 2: At least so to me, it looked like a lacey, sexy, designer, expensive white bra. Okay, but you can call it whatever you want, a form fitting white lace boostier.
Speaker 1: Is that really the right technical term for what? That was? The pressure?
Speaker 2: A lace push up broad A lace looked super hot and I'm sure it costs a lot more, but just for.
Speaker 1: What it was, is the right thing to call it a bra a boostier. I see corset throwing around genuinelyra.
Speaker 2: Or a boostier and normally look, I would think that the suit was gorgeous and tailored and beautiful. And I think, you know, she had paired it with a tight blouse or like that. Would it just was a little extra. And I like, to me, I thought when she was turning and she you know, the camp, she was in a very prominent position, and it looked like it was absolutely raw because I saw her stomach, I saw her midrift a little bit when she was moving around.
Speaker 1: So it looked like to me, okay, and we should say what she was wearing was a white Alexander McQueen pantsuit, low cut blazer, and that bra underneath suit was amazing. It was a pantsuit. It was her take on a pantsuit, which I'm told is the appropriate thing for a woman to wear in such that environment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she no, she looked great. It was just to me it was just a little shocking. But you know what, she looked fantastic.
Speaker 1: So it is what it is, Okay. So now let's go back it, folks, if you haven't seen some of the reaction. She was. Again, as of this recording, she was trending higher than anything else related to the inauguration on the Google trends. At least people were searching her up more than they were searching most of the things that Trump said. She was the number two trending topic the twenty four hours after the inauguration. That's incredible.
Speaker 2: That's the story in and of its.
Speaker 1: Obviously everybody was talking about her, but some of the words being thrown around, and this is something I hate to do, not going to go through a lot and the sign I mean, because some prominent folks came out as well, but I'm quoting incredibly inappropriate. I'm quoting as well, show some class. Quoting again here that she forgot to put on a shirt. A lot of people said that, and a lot of people got a little nasty, and we're using words like prostitute and hooker.
Speaker 2: That's terrible, that's terrible. Yeah, I saw incredibly inappropriately dressed, not acceptable. But you know, at the end of the day, no one was harmed. There were no injuries as a result of Lauren Sanchez looking a little sexy at the inauguration.
Speaker 1: So there's nothing wrong with what she was wearing. The problem people have is where she was wearing it. Is that correct, I believe?
Speaker 2: So that is the case.
Speaker 1: Hey, for you as well. I mean seeing it on a red carpet, you said anything about it that's hot?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Does it matter then that this is completely one brand for Lauren Sanchez. If you haven't seen this woman in the past several years, she's a lace fan. To be honest with you, I love lace too.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you if you search up some red carpet photos of me, I had a green lace kind of boostier like dress on the red carpet. So again, I am living in my glasshouse. I like lace's.
Speaker 1: Oh no, again, I want to be clear you you you put a little hard on yourself there. I don't think you're throwing stones at Lauren Sanchez in the least bit. But she has her look. She is literally, like really a lace fan like you. You look at my stuff like, wow, TJ likes black and maybe look like leather. You look, yes, you look at her style leather, you will say, oh, she's lace. Her look from Milan was something else. She went to a what was the uh the Japanese Prime minister. It was a state dinner at the White House. She wore a rod Oh, she got a lacy number.
Speaker 2: She got a lot of hate for that as well. And you know what, look she she understands. I'm sure she sees and hears some of the reaction and clearly she doesn't mind it because she's doing her a thing.
Speaker 1: But is it possible she ain't even thinking about it? Is it possible this is her style? She is doing her thing, she's not looking at what anybody is saying about her, and she's going about her day because it's something she likes to wear.
Speaker 2: I hope that's what she's doing.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's that. It's that simple. And why aren't there something? I don't know if there artists right, certain singers they have I wear jeans and cowboy boots everywhere. I'm gonna always wear this hat no matter where they go. They still stick to their thing, their brand. Is this different now?
Speaker 2: I just think women are tough on other women when they dress sexy somewhere that is potentially considered more formal or more conservative.
Speaker 1: Do you think no doubt this is all coming? I say all, but I mean, relatively speaking, all coming from women.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're the harshest critics for one another, unfortunately. And look, I think it's it's interesting. I did a little bit of a deep dive on why we're so obsessed with what women wear, specifically to an inauguration. But it is kind of like the Oscars for Washington, and especially yesterday, because it was all indoors. You know, Normally she would have been bundled up.
Speaker 1: Maybe she wouldn't have been, but she knew what she did come in with a coat. It was cold. Yesterday, she came in with a coat, and then she took it off with a big reveal, a moment like the show was starting, and you know.
Speaker 2: What, she may have planned that and is loving it, you know, and that's good for her, you know. I just that was a choice. It was deliberate, it was intentional, and she looked great, you know. And and because the ceremony was indoors, I do think it gave women's fashion choices a bigger spie light, spotlight than would have been otherwise. Now we always do traditionally. Look, I mean I remember covering when Barack Obama and Michelle Obama came out. Jay cru sold out of the gloves that Michelle Obama was wearing. Sasha and Malia had Jay Crewe outfits on our coats. I remember when I was working for the Today Show, they sent me to Jay crew Uh to talk about, you know, the affordable fashion worn by the First Family that everybody now wanted. You think about even the royals, from Princess Diana Tock, Princess Kate to Megan Markle. Anytime they wear anything, it's scrutinized, it's disgust and usually those items are sold out. So women know when they walk into even if it's in a political forum or in a formal setting, what they wear sometimes, unfortunately becomes more important or a bigger deal than what is said, or what policy is being made, or what peaceful transition of power is happening.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, the difference in your scenario there is that she is not in the First Family. She was not a part of the First Family, She is not the First Lady. She is just a guess sitting next to a dude. Well, I mean, at the end of the day, just to do will we be talking about any other woman dressed like this? Is because of where she is in the prominence, of her prominence, of her seat.
Speaker 2: That did make a big, big difference. And she is someone now who is engaged to Jeff Bezos, of course, the head of Amazon. She is meeting heads of state. You know, suddenly now we're seeing, at least in this administration, that tech titans and billionaires and people who might not normally be in a position of confidence or power within our own political structure are now kind of a part of the direction our country is heading in. So her influence, her prominence next to Bezos, who's next to Trump, all somehow becomes more important.
Speaker 1: Now, wait a minute, you're equating her outfit to what I'm just sting because she's dressed this, because she's around certain people, she now needs to change how she's.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not saying she needs to change. What I'm saying is people care more now because what she's wearing. Yes, yeah, it matters more because it's in a brighter spotlight.
Speaker 1: Does it matter or is this just the spotlight doesn't matter? Doesn't Okay?
Speaker 2: Actually, but look think about it. We have an entire and it was it's one of my favorite displays. I'm not a big museum person, but if you go to the National Museum of American History. The First Lady's Collection is one of the most popular exhibit because everyone wants to see what the First Ladies wore to their inaugural balls. I mean, that's a part of who we are, right.
Speaker 1: I'll keep hooting and hollering, this is she's just a guest. I understand about the First Ladies. She's a guest. And again, this will be a cycle, it'll be quick, it'll happen. But still, I why is it that we I say why? Everybody knows the answer, and it's kind of a will, of course, But how do we get beyond the just? Of course we're going to talk about women's and women's fashion and what they're wearing marlv and of course that's what's gonna happen. And you, if you're honest with yourself, was you were watching yesterday you saw, oh, look what she's wearing. Ooh she decided to wear that. Oh she looks nice today? Of random women you just sawlun te hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I'm guilty of it. I do it when I watched the Red Carpet previews. And I think most women, if they're honest, and some men too, we all do it. It's look a red.
Speaker 1: Carpet preview is different from yesterday.
Speaker 2: It kind of felt a little bit like that. I even saw we were watching, you know, even like Barack Obama walk down what kind of seemed like a red carpets strutting down, like we were even discussing how people were walking with or without confidence. These aren't people who aren't necessarily trained to step and repeat and pose and you know, behead turners. So it's just interesting to watch the whole procession and pomp and circumstance take place as much as we have that in this kind.
Speaker 1: Of and poor Marcus Zuckerberg, poor fellow, I mean, this is going around and around in just as much a part of the story as anything, and probably highlighted what she was wearing more than anything because he was sitting right next to her during the event. And at some point you'll see the still image everywhere and the headline will say Marcus Zuckerberg caught what looking sneaking a peek, yes, or even staring. Some are saying at her cleavage. And if you see the image, the still image, it does look like his eyes are trained down right next to him where.
Speaker 2: She says, isn't it hard for men? I'm just curious. You're a man, You're sitting next to a woman wearing that, what do you do?
Speaker 1: Eyes front, eyes front you. It's a you have to do it. You have to train yourself to do it. And I am around and in my career been round enough and enough pictures have been taken that you do not ever want to be in that position. And it's and now I was going to ask you that question. Back to Zuckerberg. If you look at the video, he's obviously not staring. He took a glance that. It was a split second and I'm not even sure if he was looking down at her chest or not if he was okay, but I'm saying it was a quick glance. So if you see a steel frame of him just staring it, it's.
Speaker 2: An unfair characterization of what he was doing.
Speaker 1: But yes, it does look like he glanced that glances down. My question to you, to every woman and every guy is listening, what is proper behavior when someone is dressed in such a way revealing, sexy, beautiful, whatever you want to call it, but expose or at least showcasing some asset of theirs. In such a way, whether that's legs, whether that's butt, whether that's chest. Is it ever appropriate to look, not gawk, not stare, not sexualize. Is it ever okay if you see a guy looking at you in that asset where it's not offensive.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is such a tricky question. So I am of the belief not everyone is gonna agree with me. A lingering glance, a gross lecherous glance. No, never, okay, that means like lasting more than a second. Like that to me feels like you're being ogled. Now, I'm not look. I don't know how people would characterize how I dress. But if I know that, I'm clearly showing off some cleavage, which I don't really I don't think that's really my mL. But if I chose to do that, that's great. If I chose to, If I, you know what, a short skirt showing a lot of leg I have absolutely done that. If some one glances, I would take it as a compliment. And clearly I'm I'm dressed in a way where I am showcasing or I am highlighting something that I think is an asset of mind. I think most women dress with that in mind. When they think about what they're gonna wear, especially to a public event where they know they're going to be photographed or they know they're going to be cameras. I think you do try at least I try to say what would I like to highlight? Would I like to hide? And so if someone glance is it's something that I want to highlight, I take it as a compliment. Now there is a facial expression or a lingering glance that can suggest something that feels not.
Speaker 1: There's so much nuance here.
Speaker 2: There is nuance.
Speaker 1: So the timing up. You tell me a second, so you are speaking on behalf of all women when you say fellas, you can look for one second and one second only.
Speaker 2: You can look for a yeah, for like a short like a glance, a glance. And I am somebody who said I don't mind if someone says you look nice tonight, but if you're like, damn, look at those legs or wow, look at that rack, that's a problem.
Speaker 1: Nobody's gonna say that.
Speaker 3: That's not what we're talking about, clearly, But this is this is such a thing where a woman wants to show off, yes, a particular asset, and then it's viewed as well.
Speaker 1: You better not look at that asset. Look.
Speaker 2: I know that I am not speaking for everyone here. I don't if I'm gonna show something off. I don't mind if people look.
Speaker 1: But where'd you think of zuckerberber Dickie.
Speaker 2: I think it was innocent. I think he loves his wife, and I think I might have even taken a glance. I think I might have even taken a glance too, if I were sitting next to Lauren Sanchez, like damn, in a complimentary way, not in a judgment.
Speaker 1: Way, like I wouldn't have it. The whole ceremony. We've been talking about what's wrong with TJ's neck. He won't turn it to the left or right, he's just looking straight ahead.
Speaker 2: Do you think that it's appropriate for man to even glance at a woman who is dressed a certain way?
Speaker 1: I would recommend to every fella on planet Earth don't do it. Don't just don't do it. It's not worth it. It's just not. I mean, you see, we all see beautiful things all day long, and you take a look at that beautiful thing. You don't have to sexualize, you don't desire, you're not going after it. It's just not I've seen guys in nice suits and I'll check him out, like, wow, that's the cook at the cut on that suit man. They got rid of that neck roll and everything. Yes, I've done that.
Speaker 2: It's admiring someone and admiring the beauty of something or someone, and it's meant in a positive way, not in a sexual way. And I think you kind of just nailed it in a way that maybe I was struggling with how to how to characterize it. But you can tell immediately the way someone's looking at you As a woman, I can tell if someone is looking at me in a complimentary way or in a very sexualized way, and you just know it. It's like your eyes or your facial expression. There's something about it that either feels complimentary or like repulsive.
Speaker 1: Well, no guy is going to I think should should bank on a woman be able, being able to look. She's gonna know this look is just a friendly look. It'll be No, fellas, do not leave that for a second.
Speaker 2: I'm leading I'm leading men down a dangerous pith. Sorry, don't look.
Speaker 1: Don't listen to this one. But no, it's just one of it. Bade me think about it all the time, and I and I get it. It is I would always err on the side of do not do it.
Speaker 2: That is smart, That is smart.
Speaker 1: And I have and I think I've talked to you about this when it's there, you know what, having a conversation with someone who has on something that Lauren had on right exposed right since she waits cleavage, Having a conversation with those folks that those women think I'm looking through to their souls because my eye I widen my eyes and I stare into their eyes the whole time to make sure she understands I am only looking at your eyes, dear lady, only looking at your eyes. But no, that was was fascinating yesterday. Will continue to be talked about. It just I what's appropriate dress? What's not appropriate dress? Who gets to say what's appropriate? And I guess how much freedom does she get to be herself and express herself in all venues. She didn't walk in there with something. I mean, she don't walk in there naked. Some people are saying, well, TJ, did you see it right now? Okay, I get what you're trying to say, but I mean, she what's I don't know. I just embrace I see people walk red carpets. I see people walk down the streets of New York. I see people dressed all the time going wow, really.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting choice.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's a choice, that's kind of the thing I usually say, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Even on red carpets, we have seen people go wow, that was on that that's inappropriate, that's you need to cover up a little bit. Yes, daring. Well, she's just a little bit daring in an otherwise place that's usually boring. And what do you say about John Fetterman? Senator Fetterman of Pennsylvania showed up at the inauguration in shorts and a car heart hoodie okay or was it caterpillar? Excuse me, one of the two. He was in a hoodie and shorts, so that's in line with him. He walks the halls of the Senate in that all the time. Is anybody want to argue that, hey, that's inappropriate for the halls of Congress, that's inappropriate for an inauguration. Do we want to go after him?
Speaker 2: And I think you make a really good pointe Yeah, because women aren't threatened by that. And I'm not saying anyone was threatened by Lauren but I do think somehow it might strike a chord deep down within a woman, saying, you know, she is doing something she shouldn't do because we don't like it, because it makes us feel a certain way about ourselves. I would never do that. Maybe I could never pull that look off, and so I'm annoyed that someone else can so well. I mean, there are a lot of things I think as women, we can ask ourselves why we felt something potentially negative about Lauren Sanchez when she looked gorgeous. So you know, you can have your own opinion, but maybe it's just this is a moment to examine why we have those opinions. And usually when we think something about someone else, it usually refers back to some issue with our own insecurity, or our own feelings about our own bodies, or what we choose to wear. And I just think if we can all give each other a little bit of a break. I mean, I was being honest and saying I was definitely shocked by what she chose, but I really have tried to examine why she Again, she didn't hurt anyone by her choices, and she felt good about what she walked into that room with and who's to say what she should or shouldn't have done.
Speaker 1: I will give I know you saw a lot of headlines as well, several of you listening to us probably saw a lot of headlines. This, I thought, Vogue least, I'll give them credit for this headline. I thought they struck the best balance that could be struck. Lauren Sanchez Forgo's inaugurations style codes in a daring white pantsuit and lace bra.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what that is saying what happened without any judgment. Yes, and I appreciate that. And if we can do more of that more often, all of us, I think, will all be the better for it. Let people be who they are and express themselves how they want to express themselves, as long as they're not harming anyone else in the process.
Speaker 1: So it's funny, Sanchez, I didn't react at all. Right, I'm sitting there with you and I go, oh, it's a big deal. But the one fashion I thing I did react to yesterday to the point that I screamed at you into the other room, say hey, come check out Milania. You did because she stepped out of that suv and I said, whoa she was? Put together?
Speaker 2: Had to tell you know, it's funny. One of the headlines that I saw was Malania Trump's patriotic statement, Lauren Sanchez's faux pas, and Avanka's jack moment. So everyone wanted to draw a comparison. But Milania we were trying to figure out because she looked felt sleek, ready for business, yet so fashionable. And the hat just you were gaga over the hat.
Speaker 1: I was going great, the double breasted jacket, coach she was wearing, the way it fit, and then complimented with the perfect matching hat. I thought it was it was just stunning.
Speaker 2: If she was stunning, agreed and if we can all you know, I love the idea of looking at these choices as an expression of yourself of the day and take it for what it is. But I saw, I read, and I'm going to read it for you because I love this. One of the folks who's paid to talk about fashion said this about Malania's outfit. Milania looks armed for a historical long day in a Navy look, ready for battle. Her military inspired look allows her to blend into the background, but the distinctive boater hat sets her apart. A wool boater rather than the traditional straw is unexpected and screams fashion elegant yet effortlessly care free. And I just thought that was cool because if we can look at it more of just kind of art in a way, you know, you're expressing what you want to put out in the world by how you're dressed from head to toe. And she really put out a statement and one you were liking.
Speaker 1: Say the designer's name, Adam, I'm so sorry l i pp E Slippe.
Speaker 2: Is I think he's a New York designer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just messing up his name right now. But she was wearing a navy wool double breasted coat, navy skirt, cream blouse. The hat, though, is what got so much attention by American designer Eric Javits. Now, she's worn hats from him in the past, so that he made this one by hand looks great.
Speaker 2: But but I know what the butt is.
Speaker 1: I the thing that jumped out after I was got got Google over how she looked. I was then scratching my hand hand ahead about why she wore something that seemed the hat at least her face was covered most of the day.
Speaker 2: Her eyes were definitely couldn't see her I.
Speaker 1: Mean you couldn't see her on a day that you know the whole world is going to be watching her. It's I don't know if it was it was a choice to wear the hat. Was it a choice to cover the eyes? It was a choice to wear that hat that way? I don't know, but it's everything looked great, but you could not see her eyes for most of the day.
Speaker 2: But think about it. You love to wear sunglasses. Why do you love to wear sunglasses other than protecting your eyes from the sun.
Speaker 1: You just brought her home for me. I know why Malania didn't know, because oftentimes I wear sunglasses. Not because I'm trying to keep the sun out of my eyes, but I don't want you to see where my eyes are going.
Speaker 2: There you go, I don't want.
Speaker 1: You to see what I'm looking at that I'm checking you out over there trying to check me out. I'm not. I absolutely and I only learned this strict the past couple of years. You look at celebrities all the time, Wow, they wear sunglasses inside Why Yeah, they're flashing bulbs and there. Don't want you to see what they're looking at. Mark Zuckerberg could use a pair of sung I was gonna bring.
Speaker 2: The full circle with that exact same thought because she covered her eyes. But maybe that's just brilliance combined with excellent fashion taste, because she can look at and react to what she wants without people knowing where she's looking and what she's thinking. And you know, the eyes of the soul are the window to the soul, right, so when you see someone taking a glance, they shouldn't rolling their eyes perhaps when they shouldn't reacting. In a lot of ways, we do it with our eyes. So if your eyes are covered, you feel free to feel what you're feeling. And maybe that's exactly what she wanted to be able to do today while she or yesterday while she was on full display.
Speaker 1: Don't want to suggest at all that that's the case of making accusation. Oh that's what it was. But it stood out that you couldn't see her eyes. It stood out to me on that day, and you know, now to think about it, I would have been in there with sunglasses on. That was too much to look at. I would have been all over the place checking everybody out in that room. It was incredible.
Speaker 2: I mean we were doing that from our couch without anyone looking at us looking at them.
Speaker 1: It was incredible, but the hat was amazing. Congrats to this to the American diaer Eric Jabbetts. I believe he's from New York originally, but he's now based in Florida. He said he made this by hand, and it's one thing when the hat's in your hand and you're making it, he said, But then he saw it on TV and saw it on her head and it came to life, and she gave it a whole new life and energy and elegance and power, I think is the word he used once she put it on. But she was on point yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look, you know, people made comments about Ivanka had a gorgeous green It also looked military esque forest green skirt suit with a thin black belt and a matching green hat. She also pulled the hat off. The hat look off as well, and some people referred to her as a Jackie Oh moment. Other people were saying she looked like the wives from Handmaid's Tail. So it's like, no matter what you wear, some people are gonna like it, some people aren't, but certainly you are making a statement with what you choose. And I thought she looked fantastic. You pointed out Ivanka's daughter who had that cape coat on. It was like like a beige almost like a rose beige coat, and you were like, she looks fantastic.
Speaker 1: Is there a single dude we can comment on what he was wearing yesterday? Is there Pete.
Speaker 2: Pete Hegsath He had on that his one suit, blue suit that he also wore. It seemed as if it were the same one that he wore the confirmation hearing in the Senate Armed Service.
Speaker 1: But because of the color of his suit. But any who, what guy's outfit? You want to break down? Whose outfit did you see? Again? I mentioned the feederman here just because he wore shorts and a hoodie.
Speaker 2: Everyone else had a blue tie or a red tie or a green tie.
Speaker 1: The former presidents. Were they wearing anything that stood out? Any senator? Can you remember anybody wearing anything yesterday?
Speaker 2: I only remember not a guy, the opera singer had a velvet jacket on that I thought would have looked really nice on you without a tie. But everyone else kind of looked.
Speaker 1: And the reason you remember him is because, wow, he's not wearing a tie. And you said, you know, he needs to make sure his Voca gords are loose and didn't want to time. Okay, we understand what the velvet jack? Who nobody. I don't remember anybody all day that I would look at a guy say hmmm, can't think of one.
Speaker 2: But it's and it's interesting because.
Speaker 1: Our producers over here googling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to think, does anybody remember anything? Any man?
Speaker 1: You usually yes. But I'm just making the point that this is how it goes sometimes. If this was a red carbon event, Hollywood guys do dress better than us senators.
Speaker 2: What they call Washington d C Hollywood for ugly people. They've said that for a very long time. I did not say that. That is a phrase. I used to live in DC and people used to say that all the time. You know, do you see this Hollywood for ugly people? Thanks, ma'am. I would say for rich, smart and powerful people. You don't have to throw in the barb there because it's not necessarily true. But not quite like Hollywood.
Speaker 1: But again, I was only making the point, we just don't remember or what any guy wears. But look, it's a great here we go. But this is a part of it, and a part of it I understand a part of it is still disappointing that so much emphasis is put on what a woman is wearing, but then the next step of that seems to be she's attacked for what she was wearing in very vicious, vicious ways.
Speaker 2: Attacked and judged. Like I think that's where I think it's really tough to actually somehow equate a woman's character, a woman's worth based on what she's dressed in. And look, women get it, and especially anyone who has been in the public eye. Lauren Sanchez worked. She's been in media for her entire professional career. She has been in front of cameras her entire professional life, so she knew exactly what she was doing when she chose the outfit she was choosing, and that's like, that's good. She We know what's going to be probably possibly said when we choose an outfit and walk out in front of the cameras, and it's just and I just think we should all give each other a little grace to say, hey, you looked fantastic.
Speaker 1: But even if you don't want to go that far, it's a difference between saying I wouldn't wear that, versus you slut, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 1: People may saying something that I mean, you can give. People have opinions, and if you're in the spotlight, you expected to a certain degree, but that's just so mean. Well, I can't stay over what she's wearing.
Speaker 2: I can't stand the slutshaming, I think. And the truth is women are most responsible for doing it to one another. It's it's it's very really a man saying this about a woman. It is women saying it about other women. And so I think we can all maybe just you know, I would just love for us to be able to support one another. And if you, you know, go back to what your mom told you, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. And I think it's okay to say it was a little shocking. I think it's okay to say, wow, I've never seen that before. Is that appropriate to wear to the Capitol rotunda for a presidential inauguration? I haven't seen that before, but wow, I mean she wears it well, and those kind of were my my headspace was, well.
Speaker 1: She fits right in in DC right now because there's a lot going on there we ain't ever seen before, and it will be for the next four years. So folks, yes, with that, you know, does Sydney have a microphone in front of her? Over there by?
Speaker 2: Actually, it's funny. We have Sydney in here, one of our amazing producers, and I was going to ask her a question, but I too didn't know if she had a microphone.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask this earlier. Yeah, I wanted to ask earlier. You would be another opinion woman in the room about Lauren Sanchez and what your no. I had no. Actually the question I want to ask you might have a different one. What are guys? What would you be your recommendation for what guys should do when a woman you wearing something revealing or you're accentuating a particular asset of yours, but if the guy their looks, it's usually deemed inappropriate. Where do you come down on that?
Speaker 4: I honestly agreed with Amy. I agreed with what you had to say, Like, there is a difference between you know, making a comment or like, but if I'm wearing something that I I know is a little bit revealing, like a skirt or a top, I know what's gonna come from that, And I am like that that's it's on purpose, like I.
Speaker 1: But on purpose. You didn't go that far on purpose? Oh you? But you do?
Speaker 2: You know you're going to get attention.
Speaker 1: But do you want okay, do you want it? Yes? Yes, if I'm.
Speaker 2: Wearing that, I want attention. But I just think time and place for miss Sanchez that was and she knows the time and she knows the place, and she made a decision exactly.
Speaker 1: So I'm naive to think that she just decided, you know what, I'll wear this today and didn't think you're laughing at me. You think I'm naive to think you're cute? Okay?
Speaker 4: And the planning that goes into an outfit for an event that big, she knew.
Speaker 2: And she knew all eyes were going to be honest. We saw her looking around for the cameras. You and I both noticed that, like you know what, or.
Speaker 1: She might have been just looking to see where her friends were that were coming behind her. That could have been all kinds of things. You and I both know better than to assume what's going on, even from what is right in front of our eyes.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. My point was she knew people were looking. It's intentional, right, Well, and I'm not upset about it. I mean, we all do it. If we all want to be honest about it, we all do it. And if you make a choice with an outfit, you might be like, what are people saying? What are they doing? What are they thinking? And that's a natural human response, I think, But yes, it's a.
Speaker 1: Choice right well, folks, we appreciate you, But there's the thing with us as always, you know, you can always catch us and going to run with us every single morning Monday through Friday, The Morning Run. It's our daily news podcast that you can check out as well. But for now, we appreciate you spending some time with us. For our super producers Andy and Sydney who are in the room.
Speaker 2: I'm DJ and I'm Amy Robot. Have a great day everyone,