Speaker 1: It was it was gay won for sports and and I thought he called a pretty good game.
Speaker 2: What did you think of the game? Called called a great game?
Speaker 3: You know, I love the way that he you know, approaches the preparation, Uh, the way that he leads our group and ultimately, you know, goes out there and calls a flawless game. You know, there's things to clean up on our side as players execution wise, but I'm proud of the way that we fought.
Speaker 4: Right hook.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, you know it's something I practice all the time. I'm trying to do whatever I can to help help our team win games.
Speaker 2: Man, I know how important it is take the take the ball away.
Speaker 3: Uh, we always shoot for three takeaways. We got to so we need that one extra one going into next week.
Speaker 2: But you know it's first and many when you.
Speaker 4: Say that they called a game, what do you what do you mean exactly by that? Are you are you kind of guessing along with him and thinking, you know, what, what's he gonna call to your health next? Or how does that kind of work?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think, uh, you know, we we kind of go throughout the week of me and him talking about his mindset throughout throughout the game. I mean, it was a it was a unique preparation because we didn't know exactly how they were gonna come out and attackers. Right, we kind of could go back and look at the Packers stuff. We try to look at their the Jets games last last year, but having you know, Aaron and the Jets together, it was gonna be unique combination to try to fill it out. So, you know, I just think he kept it pretty simple, allowed us to just go out and play free and we continue to communicate.
Speaker 2: Throughout the game.
Speaker 3: So it was it was just good to kind of get that first one on our belt.
Speaker 1: Mason and Camp. But I mean you did a sense of his physicality and did you expect you having forty.
Speaker 2: Seven yards, right, I mean you expect like that was possible.
Speaker 3: When he feels in Christian I mean, I know it sounds silly, but I I truly do.
Speaker 2: Expect that of him. Uh, you know, I I love.
Speaker 3: The fact that that Jordan he trained here this offseason, uh, you know, chose to train here with you know, me and some of the other linebackers playing in Curtis and uh, you know, we compete here. You know, even in the off season, I saw him with a different mindset that you know, he was gonna be ready for his moment when it did come. All training camp, he got a lot of reps obviously with Christian out and you know you mentioned it it. Even though I'm not tackling to the ground, I can still feel the physicality and seeing it throughout the preseason. He was ready for his moment, and I'm so happy for him and and his you know, being able to continue to grow in the system.
Speaker 2: Defense end of last year seemed like a lot of success. Where do you think help to get that? Yeah, I think it starts with execution.
Speaker 3: We all got to obviously be on our on our assignment, on our job, and then it has it goes hand in hand with the style of play. Honestly, you know, I think will separate defenses in this league. There's a lot of rules to protect offensive players, but at the end of the day, if you want to separate yourself as a defense, you gotta play with a certain physicality and I feel like we did that from the from the first snap all the way through the game. There's some things to clean up, some mistackles, but uh, ultimately I think we did a good job.
Speaker 1: Marker and Collins were really good against some run. I thought in this game, what did you think of played behind that duo tonight?
Speaker 2: It felt good.
Speaker 3: You know, I gotta watch the tape, but you know, it felt it felt it felt right out there for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm saying anything to you after this time.
Speaker 3: After this game, uh yeah, but I'll I'll keep it between me and him this time, similar similar message.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did he look like Aaron Rodgers do you?
Speaker 3: Or even a year off?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: I mean he still got that that savvy vet to him, you know, getting us off sides and throwing a touchdown down the field classic Aaron. You know, obviously they got some things to clean up, but ultimately, you know, at least they got him real.
Speaker 1: Not that you guys are in need of a confidence, Bruce, but with so much going on this offseason, what does a win like this kind of do for you guys moving forward?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean you always have an idea of, you know, the type of team you got heading into a year, but you never really know until you go out there week one and you see it, right, and so to be able to put a performance of a true team effort offensively, defensively, kicking game you know, it obviously builds confidence going into into Week two, all.
Speaker 4: The star power and offense, but a lot of those guys going on the field during the off season, did the defense kind of put it upon yourselves to kind of raise the level and almost to the point like you don't know how the points the offense is gonna score, but you guys gotta.
Speaker 2: Take your business.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I think regardless of you know, I mean, that's a like you mentioned as a star studded offense.
Speaker 2: You got all pros at every level.
Speaker 3: But regardless, you know, I feel like defensively, it's our job to to go out and win games defensively, you know, regardless of what we got on offense. I think if we keep that mindset on top of having a dominant offense, that's when you really overwhelm teams.
Speaker 2: That okay, thanks God. S