Speaker 1: Disney comes to Google StreetView. I'm Rich Dmiro and this is Rich on Tech Daily. Google is launching street view imagery of eleven Disney theme and water parks in California and Florida and some downtown Disney stores. You can go online and see all the new locations right now. Some of them include the Animal Kingdom in Orlando, the World of Avatar, Epcot, pavilions for the UK, France, Morocco, Japan, Italy, Germany and more, Guardians of the Galaxy at California Adventure and much much more now. I remember the first time that I went to Disney back in the day, many many years ago. I went to the one in Florida, and it was all such a mystery to me because back then there was really no Internet. You would actually mail away for brochs, I know, can you believe it? So seeing these places for the first time in person was just so on inspiring and crazy because you heard so much about them and maybe you saw a picture or two. But now with these street views, you can see everything in glorious three hundred and sixty degrees even before you visit. So this is handy for you know, just seeing the lay of the land, what you're in for planning a trip, all that good stuff, or you can relive the trip that you just had there.
Speaker 2: It's really cool.
Speaker 1: I love that Google's doing this, but I'm not sure if the next generation is going to feel the same way I did when I first saw these structures.
Speaker 2: In real life.
Speaker 1: But it is pretty nice to be able to see all this on your computer screen and then in real life. Now, if you want to take this to the next level, if you have a virtual reality headset like Google Daydream or any of the ones that are on the market, you can pop that on and look at the street view through there. And how cool is that you can basically walk through Disney virtually thanks to these new images. So I think this is really great. I'm glad that Disney did this, I'm glad that Google did this, and I think a lot of people are going to be exploring These will probably become some of the most popular street view images on Google.
Speaker 2: If you want to see all the.
Speaker 1: Locations, I have a link to them on my website. Richontech dot TV. Netflix now making it easier for paying to control with their kids are watching with some new parental controls.
Speaker 2: Now first off.
Speaker 1: You can now set a pin to restrict viewing of certain maturity levels. So Netflix has a little slider you can go from little kids to older kids, teens, and adults. Right now, the best you can do, from what I can see, is say what age your kid is, like, I think it's like two to four, five to seven, stuff like that, and also mark their profile as kids.
Speaker 2: This gives you a little bit more granular control.
Speaker 1: And if you really want to get specific, you can now restrict certain titles by name. So if let's say you don't like your kid watching SpongeBob, you can type that into the box and next thing you know, Netflix will not allow that title to be played on your kid's profile.
Speaker 2: One more thing they're doing that's kind of cool is.
Speaker 1: They're showing you the ratings for programs a lot easier. So when you press play, the rating for the program will be played in the upper left hand corner. You'll see that burned on the screen for a couple seconds. So that makes it easier for parents to immediately see the ratings. And I've had this problem where my kid is watching a show and I'm like, wait a second, what's the rating on this program? And you have to go back like one hundred steps just to see the description of.
Speaker 2: The program to see the rating.
Speaker 1: And this will make it much much easier, so you can see it when you press play. All right, something Netflix did not make very easy or they did not change, is turning off auto play on kids' profiles. Now here's the deal. So here's what happens. Sometimes I'll be like to my kids, Hey, you can watch one show and then it's dinner time or one show, and then you have to go outside and play. And of course, as parents, we get busy, we get distracted. Next thing, you know, it's a little bit longer than you thought, and you look at the TV.
Speaker 2: And you're like, wait a second, is that still the same show? And your kids are of course going to say yes.
Speaker 1: But what really happened is that Netflix played the next episode or the next episode or the next episode all by itself.
Speaker 2: So if you want to turn this off so that the kids don't.
Speaker 1: Just see all the episodes of a show. For adults, Netflix makes it pretty easy. You just go into your account, you look onto your profile for playback settings, and you uncheck the box next to AutoPlay. But for kids, it's really tough because I went to try to turn this off and it's not easy to find it.
Speaker 2: Did some research. Here's what you have to do.
Speaker 1: First, you have to turn off their kid's profile, which is kind of weird. Then you go in and you can follow the same directions for adults to turn off the auto play. But then you have to reactivate their kids' profile. So for a little bit of time, their kids' profile is deactivated while.
Speaker 2: You change the settings, and then you reactivate it. I know, it's kind of crazy, seems kind of weird.
Speaker 1: It seems like parents should have much more control on their account, but again, Netflix is growing and they're just kind of realizing all these things they need as they go along. All right, full instructions for how to turn off the AutoPlay for your kids profile on my website.
Speaker 2: Just go to richon tech dot tv.
Speaker 1: And if you enjoy this daily update and the podcast in general, please review the show on Apple Podcasts. That way more people see it and you don't have to write a full review. You can just leave some stars and that would be sufficient.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for listening. I'm rich Dedmiro, talk to you real soon.