Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: Well that's up, y'all, Happy weekend. Excited to be back with you guys for another wonderful Saturday on The Best Bits. It's Morgan here. And in case you guys haven't listened before, I love getting to do this because I bring on a show member for the Best Bits Part one and we catch up on live talk about things that maybe didn't make the show, whatever it may be, but I bring them on each one a different weekend, and this weekend it was Lunchbox. We talked about our Easter plans, how his kids handled the Easter egg hunt, and what my niece and nephew were up to when they first came down to Nashville for Easter. Plus, I also asked his advice on a date that I recently had. We answered some random questions, and we gave some recommendations on movies TV shows that we're going to be watching. Also, I have some semi big news that's almost official, so you want to go check it all out Best Bits Part One. We really like to test each other's knowledge on this show. And because it was Thomas Jefferson's birthday this week, Bobby decided to quiz Amy, Eddie and Lunchbox on the US citizenship test to see how many answers they could get right and whoever didn't do well, they have to come back with a report. And I'm just gonna tell y'all we have some reports happening that will have to come in the form of a three page report in the next few days. So you want to get caught up on this one.
Speaker 3: Number seven, which Fox, tell me a little bit about Thomas Jefferson.
Speaker 4: If you don't know anything, make up the closest thing you think.
Speaker 5: Thomas Jefferson was a bald guy. He was very important forming America. He kind of looked like George Washington a little bit. They were pals from childhood.
Speaker 6: And was he bald?
Speaker 4: It looked like George Washington? What do you mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, didn't he have the little line like the balding?
Speaker 4: Are you thinking of Benjamin Franklin?
Speaker 6: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're really literally just making it.
Speaker 7: I literally have no.
Speaker 6: Idea what Thomas Jefferson was.
Speaker 4: Yet here you're thinking of Benjamin Franklin.
Speaker 6: Okay, cool, that's maybe what I was thinking of.
Speaker 5: But I know that he was important, like I said the Declaration of Independence.
Speaker 4: Was he a president?
Speaker 6: I don't think he was ever the president of the United Way, No way, no way. And he did.
Speaker 5: Sign the Declaration of Independence at some point he was one of the twelve people.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 3: There was a lot to unpack then, and I don't want anybody to use this as a reference. But today is Thomas Jefferson's birthday four in April thirteenth, seventeen forty three. He was an American statesman, diplomat, lawyer, architect, philosopher, founding father who served as the third President of the United States of America.
Speaker 4: He died on the fourth of July.
Speaker 8: Oh, no, crazy the irony there.
Speaker 3: The same day that John Adams died on the fourth of July.
Speaker 4: They both died.
Speaker 6: John Adams the second President of the United States.
Speaker 4: So yes, okay, good for me.
Speaker 3: There were fifty six people, by the way, that signed the Declaration of Independence, not twelve.
Speaker 4: Twelfth disciples, twelve colonies, No, thirteen colonies.
Speaker 3: Did you know two people actually passed up the chance to sign the Declaration of Independence?
Speaker 9: Who who were those?
Speaker 3: John Dickinson of Pennsylvania and Robert R. Livingston of New York.
Speaker 6: Why would you pass that up, they're busy.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think they knew at the time what it was going to be. But yes, they knew what it was then and what it meant for the future. But maybe they didn't agree with every part of it.
Speaker 6: But here we go.
Speaker 3: It's Thomas Jefferson's birthday. So we're gonna do is play.
Speaker 4: How good of an American are you?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: Great, pretty good? So far.
Speaker 3: You have to get sixty percent of the answers correct to actually pass the test to be a citizen. And if you don't pass this test today, you get sent to another country. We'll just spin the wheel into a country.
Speaker 9: You go to a random country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on the wheel, there are Qatar, Irad.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: It's a terriblen Oh boy, okay, write your answers down.
Speaker 4: I'll give you ten questions. You got to get six out of ten, right, Oh that's easy.
Speaker 2: Is it six out of ten just here? Or is that really what people have to say?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 3: What people have to get sixty percent? If you don't, there is a punishment. You'll have to do some homework and present it.
Speaker 9: Oh so deport it is not really it, I'm going.
Speaker 3: To do that but if you don't do the homework, then we deport you. Okay, question number one, you got to get six out of ten. Write your answers down. And what months do we vote for the president?
Speaker 6: Oh? I see.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's go over to Eddie.
Speaker 3: October Lunchbox, November, Amy, November.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox and Amy are correct one month off. Yep, I do early voting. Stop it.
Speaker 6: Okay, a good loophole.
Speaker 4: Stop it. Who said give me liberty or give me death?
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm mm hmmm, give me liberty, give me liberty or give me that's brave heart, that's mel Gibson.
Speaker 4: Give me liberty version Lunchbox is doing give me liberty or give me death. Give you liberty or give me death? Very famous? Shoot tough one, Morgan Freeman.
Speaker 6: In my head, this is on the toes.
Speaker 4: Jfk Oh, it's not him.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe I give you free answer everybody in Yeah Eddie Paul Revere, Oh shoot.
Speaker 4: What he was rumored to have said is the British are coming and give me liber to you or give me that possibly Lunchbox.
Speaker 5: I remember this from a play that I saw Van Buren.
Speaker 4: Martin van Buren, Yeah, what was that play? Hamilton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if that was. I don't know that Martin van Buren was a Hamilton either.
Speaker 6: Amy.
Speaker 8: I don't know Lincoln.
Speaker 4: No, it was Patrick, Henry Patrick Amy. I've never heard of him.
Speaker 6: Never.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 8: Next up, Bobby's talked about him.
Speaker 3: What are the two parts of the US Congress? Mm hmmm, Eddie has no points.
Speaker 10: Two parts, no, boy, Eddie, Legislature and judicial.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 9: You're a father of four, yes, not a founding father.
Speaker 4: Someone say you are of your house, of my own home?
Speaker 9: Yeah, and what are you.
Speaker 3: Gonna say to your kids they hear this segment?
Speaker 9: Is that not right?
Speaker 4: It couldn't know.
Speaker 6: It's not going to be farther from the region.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: Lunchbox house and Senate.
Speaker 4: I'll give it to you. Yeah, yeah, the House represents yea senate in the House. Yeah.
Speaker 10: And those two things are what now, I don't Congress? Okay, so as you remember.
Speaker 8: That, like there's senators and then there's Congress.
Speaker 9: I can only get one more wrong. I gotta send out.
Speaker 6: You're gonna get homework.
Speaker 3: What is known as the Supreme Law of the Land in the United States, the Supreme law of the Land.
Speaker 4: What is that called the name of it. Yeah, they called the Supreme Law of the Land. M hm, what what body? What document is the supreme Law of the Land.
Speaker 9: Oh that's yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: I had to give you too much.
Speaker 4: I gave you a little hondy hint. What's that called to love your neighbor? That's the Bible.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, freedom.
Speaker 9: I'm in, Eddy, that's the Declaration of Independence.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox, Bill Wrights Amy.
Speaker 11: Declaration of Independent.
Speaker 6: Wow, you're all wrong.
Speaker 4: It's the Constitution. You missed one more. No, not deported yet, you have to do homework.
Speaker 6: Bobby even gave it to him.
Speaker 5: We all go, oh, yeah, okay, now we got it because we had just.
Speaker 11: Talked about the declaration.
Speaker 4: Okay, next constitution, not the Declaration.
Speaker 6: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: If both the president and the vice president can no longer serve, who becomes the president?
Speaker 9: Still alive? Baby, I'm in.
Speaker 6: Do you need their name?
Speaker 4: No? Patrick Henry? Okay, lunchbox.
Speaker 5: It was Nancy Pelosi at one time, and she was the Speaker of the House.
Speaker 4: Amy, Speaker of the House. Any Speaker of the House, correct, good?
Speaker 6: Smart?
Speaker 3: What stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful? A system known as oh.
Speaker 6: Man, I love this one. I love this one.
Speaker 3: What stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful? It's a system known as.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Edie, if you miss this, you're eliminated and you'll have to do homework.
Speaker 9: Okay, I'm in, Eddie, judicial.
Speaker 6: Lunchbox, checks and balances.
Speaker 4: Amy, checks and balances.
Speaker 3: It's checks and balances. Oh my god, I'm done, Eddie. You're going to play along to see how I'm done? Right as there are four left?
Speaker 11: Oh my godness.
Speaker 3: The idea of self government is the first three words of the Constitution.
Speaker 4: What are these words? And then oh, that's easy and relax, guys.
Speaker 3: The idea of self government is the first three words of the constitution.
Speaker 4: Eddie, We the people, lunchbox.
Speaker 6: The preamble, We the people, Amy, we the people. To memorize that in fourth grade, So you.
Speaker 3: Know the US Constitution is a living document, meaning it can be added to or altered. What are these changes or additions called?
Speaker 4: Got that?
Speaker 3: I know that the US Constitutions living document. It can be added to or altered. What are these changes or conditions called? And Eddie amendments lunchbox amendments Amy.
Speaker 8: Shoot addendums out so close?
Speaker 11: Is that?
Speaker 4: Is that? Is that?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 12: It is?
Speaker 8: A change like on.
Speaker 11: A real estate document?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, the contract.
Speaker 3: I just had to okay, and you got you have to get another one, right, you're gonna have your homework?
Speaker 11: What was it?
Speaker 3: Lunchbox, you're in the clare You've already accomplished citizenship.
Speaker 6: My teachers would be shocked to this.
Speaker 4: How many amendments does the Constitution?
Speaker 6: Have?
Speaker 10: You?
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 11: Second Amendment?
Speaker 4: Hey? If they all get this wrong and I get it right, can I stay in? Noay, you stay in? But no, you get it? I mean in the country. Oh you can't stay Lunchbox thirteen, Eddie, Oh gosh, that sounds right.
Speaker 9: I put twelve.
Speaker 4: Though, Amy, I don't know ten twenty seven. Well, that's not good. That sounds right. There's only two more questions here.
Speaker 2: Amendment?
Speaker 7: Second amendment?
Speaker 13: Why do I do that?
Speaker 6: What's the twenty seventh Amendments?
Speaker 4: What territory? Did you know Nited States buy from France in eighteen oh three? Yep, oh, I'm in that again? What territory to the United States by from France? And eighteen oh three?
Speaker 10: Lunchbox the Louisiana purchase Eddie, Louisiana purchase.
Speaker 4: Amy, Louisiana.
Speaker 8: That's all I wrote down.
Speaker 9: You have to do one more work.
Speaker 2: That doesn't count.
Speaker 4: You said we'll give it to you.
Speaker 3: So now Amy has cleared. One final question. What did Susan b Anthony do?
Speaker 4: What was she known for?
Speaker 6: Susan b Anthony?
Speaker 4: Yep, yep, And you can still tie for the win.
Speaker 8: Here, I'm in and I'm right.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox, wait, hold on, hold on, Lunchbox. So the flag, Yes, that's your ross Eddie.
Speaker 9: Who made the flag?
Speaker 4: That's your Amy underground rail Road. She fought for a women's ride. Lunchbox is the winner.
Speaker 11: Un job.
Speaker 4: Many will do you a full report three pages, double space.
Speaker 3: On Martin van Buren. You can only do times New Roman twelve.
Speaker 9: That's the font size. Oh my goodness, And.
Speaker 4: Don't repeat anything. We'll put the chakra on you.
Speaker 9: What do you mean don't repeat?
Speaker 4: You'll do the same type questions with the This is you.
Speaker 6: Have to write a three page pay Martin van Buren.
Speaker 4: You got a week to do it.
Speaker 2: I feel like I should make my liver.
Speaker 3: Sixty to seventy five second speech on Martin van Buren, I don't know who that is?
Speaker 4: All right, we gotta go we spent too much time doing this.
Speaker 2: I'm not proud of myself.
Speaker 4: God Bus the US, Lunchbox, you are the greatest America in the.
Speaker 14: Runusay Us Say Us says.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two a huge update. Bobby finally got paid by Lunchbox. And no I'm not talking about the big check that you saw get presented right after Bobby's birthday. No, this is the real money. Bobby finally got paid from their business storage unit together, and it was a really big amount of money. So Bobby's now like, well, maybe I should stay in business. But he's also questioning it because it took what are we seven months out to finally get paid. You know something with money in Lunchbox, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Number six, here's a voicemail from Liam in North Carolina.
Speaker 12: Sorry I missed Friday's show. Just curious you got your money from Lunchbox.
Speaker 15: Love the show, keep it going.
Speaker 4: That's what everybody to know. I got my money. Yeah, I saw pop up my venmo like three hundred and eighty bucks or something.
Speaker 3: Well he didn't say anything about it. All I know is that I saw it pop up. I'm assuming that's what that's for him, unless you're just giving me some money.
Speaker 5: Hey, when business partners make deals, no need to know. You know, when you get your money, you gave your money, you know, That's that's how business works.
Speaker 11: How much did you in Missigan?
Speaker 5: Like one hundred and seventy bucks? Okay, so you made a little over two hundred dollars. That's great, that's at that's a lot of trouble. No, no, no, hold on, You couldn't make that in the stock market.
Speaker 4: Yes I could.
Speaker 6: And that amount of time.
Speaker 4: How much as you can check. No, but you put ninety in. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: I got my money, got your money. And now we're looking at other businesses.
Speaker 4: And for some reason, like I'm not as irritated anymore, and I'm like, maybe we should do another business, Like, hey, don't worry. I can't. I can't get back in with him.
Speaker 3: And there's some coming down the pipeline. I think we lost money when you sent the shoes wrong. I think we lost money in a couple instances.
Speaker 6: I didn't send them wrong. They claim they didn't get them even though they signed for him.
Speaker 4: Well, you didn't even do the abby did the work also, so lunchbox. Thank you for the money.
Speaker 5: I'd like to You're welcome, don't hey, more businesses coming down, Okay soon.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 6: Number two.
Speaker 2: I love hearing the stories from Eddie Amy lunchbox about all their kids and just the crazy things that happen with kids. Well, something happened to one of Eddie's son's fingernails. It fell off, and he decided, much like the tooth Fairy, you you know, tooth falls out of your mouth, it goes under the pillow. Well, a nail falls out, it goes under the pillow for the nail Princess to come. None of us had ever heard of the nail Princess before, but apparently it really could be a thing.
Speaker 4: Number five, You guys had a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to a Monday show morning studio, morn Let's go around the room. I'm gonna say I don't write these intros. Sometimes they go to the same well over and over again. They're funny, but I just for everybody here they oh they're going any would you.
Speaker 4: Like the hair one or the Cowboys one? I mean, just take your pick, dud whicheveryone you want you.
Speaker 6: Want to hear.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, this next person is my best friend and comes with me everywhere I go.
Speaker 4: But his only wish is that, well, one day his hair will grow. Okay, that's actually pretty good.
Speaker 9: I mean, do you write these lunchboks?
Speaker 4: Say hello to produce? Ready, welcome Eddie, let's.
Speaker 9: Go you guys.
Speaker 10: Ever heard of the nail princess, The nail princess, like a princess of nails. Yeah, I've never heard of it either, But you know, I told you a while back with my son, my four year old, he were at the bowl and alle and he stuck his hand in that the place where the ball comes out, and it pinched his pinky and his nail finally came off the other all the way, all the way.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 10: It's been purple for like weeks, and then it finally fell off. And he woke up yesterday and he was like, Hey, so, since my nail's coming off, I think I'm gonna put it under my pillow so that the nail princess comes overnight and gives me some money.
Speaker 4: Isn't it either. He's conning you, which is hilarious.
Speaker 3: There is no nail princess or isn't that a brand of like nail care, nail princess or something.
Speaker 4: I mean, if my four year old knows there's a brand of nail.
Speaker 9: Care, like, do you think.
Speaker 4: What do you think he's up to.
Speaker 9: I think he just knows that the tooth fairy's there, and.
Speaker 10: Then when he loses a tooth anything, that they're going to give you money under the pillow.
Speaker 9: But I'd never.
Speaker 4: Heard of the nail Fairy.
Speaker 9: I would think he called it nail Princess.
Speaker 8: Oh, I guess there is Princess nail supply.
Speaker 9: See hilarious.
Speaker 6: Do you want to know why?
Speaker 3: I knew that a brief time where she was doing She got her nail license and she would do pedicures and manicures and all that nail and I was her example.
Speaker 4: And sometimes I couldn't get off and go to school and be eleven and it.
Speaker 3: Was not pretty. I mean they were pretty, but it was not prett and they'd be like, oh, look at a little as bad. But I knew that because I would see that.
Speaker 9: And now my story just reminded you of that.
Speaker 6: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's a great memory of my mom when she was trying to like, you know, get clean and.
Speaker 4: Like, you know, fix some stuff. Okay, good, but there is no nail princess. Okay, well did you know are you put the money out of there?
Speaker 9: I mean then that the nail princess has not showed up yet.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we'll see.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 6: Number two.
Speaker 2: Parker McCollum stopped by the show this week and it was a really fun interview. He talked about why he didn't let his dad help him at the beginning of his career. His dad offered to buy something to make life a little bit easier for Parker when it came to pursuing the artist thing, and he just wouldn't let it happen, and he had a good reason behind why. He also talked about the moments when he's on tour and he forgets the lyrics to his own songs. Just cool stuff. Parker is a really great guy and he's doing something right now that he's never done before. He's beefing up, he's going to the gym and putting some weight on. You can hear why he's doing that. This is the entire interview with Bobby and Parker McCollum number four, Bud, you got to see it.
Speaker 7: It's because, see, you, do you have any lyrics?
Speaker 4: People mess up all the time.
Speaker 7: I have some that I mess up all the time.
Speaker 4: I asked that because I don't know. I don't know why we're singing. Edwin McCain. When you walked in, ah will be your crying shoulder.
Speaker 3: That song right there, there's a lyrics that goes, I'll be love suicide, and then Amy goes no.
Speaker 8: I thought, I've always said, like your love superstar.
Speaker 7: I can see that.
Speaker 16: I feel like that's common with hit songs because I do that songs I grew up listening to or whatever, and like years later I'll find out.
Speaker 7: I'm like, that's what I was always saying.
Speaker 4: She just but I'm being told that's kids BOP's first Namey do you listen to kids? Edward?
Speaker 3: Do you have any lyrics so that you hear people sing back or at all that You're like, man, that that is not right at how that lyric Because if you have none, that means you nunciate it perfectly and it all makes sense.
Speaker 7: I do not.
Speaker 16: I'm actually the band calls me the King of the Gibberish on stage because I'll go, I'll do I sing a whole verse and never say a word of English. But I just you know, as a melody, but sam until I get back to the chorus because I can't remember the words to my own song.
Speaker 3: Do you have faith that as to where the audience thinks that you're actually doing it or do they know you're doing gibberish?
Speaker 16: I would say sonically, they can tell one hundred percent that I'm not saying the right words because they know the words of the songs.
Speaker 7: But I mean, I'm out there, I sell it. I don't even skip a beat.
Speaker 4: Do you do the thing where you stick the microphone out there if you don't remember the word? Sometimes I have before.
Speaker 3: I do that on the show sometimes, but no listeners will yell back because they can't. So it just makes it awkward when no one does it. They're letting you do handle on yous crushing it is doing good? Yeah, congratulations, thank you. I did see you tweet something a couple of weeks ago where you're like, you know, never wrote about beer maybe in a song.
Speaker 7: I've never said the word beer in a song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what is that about?
Speaker 3: I just purposeful as a kid I've never writing about beer, and then why did you change?
Speaker 7: No? Maybe not intentional, but I just kind of dawned on me.
Speaker 16: I was, you know, thinking about this record and can it be successful in today's country music world, and you know, what are so many songs about so many there are so many common topics in country music. It kind of gets repetitive, and so I've always tried to stay away from that, and I was kind of wondering had I done that on this record? And I thought I had, And then I was like, well, at the same time, I did say beer, and it's the first time I've ever said that in song.
Speaker 4: So what song was that on the new record?
Speaker 16: It's called Hurricane. I wrote it with David Lee Murphy. It's the lead track on the record. You wrote that with Brandy Rodgers too, Randy Rodgers and John Randall. It was David Lee's song. He had written the chorus Weirdest over at my house hanging out and he played it and I was like, dang, I want to sing that.
Speaker 7: I like that a lot.
Speaker 4: Did you consider not even putting the song on the record? Okay?
Speaker 7: I like it.
Speaker 16: I think it's really cool, and I like beer songs. I like drinking songs. I have a lot of songs about drinking. I mean I wrote a song about whiskey and never said the word whiskey. You know, just seems generic at time, and I think, you know, there's got to be a place for it, Like certain words that you know, kind of get overused and it's a I don't know, I have a beer song.
Speaker 7: Though.
Speaker 4: Have you been to a concert lately at all?
Speaker 7: The last show you've seen, last concert that I would have gone for?
Speaker 6: Fine?
Speaker 4: Oh boy, that long huh? Because you're just on the road so much.
Speaker 7: Rely John Mayor here in Nashville last year, Allie and I went.
Speaker 4: I went to him here. It's a solo tour a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know you're a big John Mayor fan as well, but it's got to be tough to go to a concert when you're always out doing concerts, and then most concerts are pretty much when you're gone anyway.
Speaker 4: Do you ever do anything on the road though, if you're like on Friday or Saturday, do you ever like purposefully if your wife's out with you, like we're going to spend the day doing this because we don't do a lot of stuff.
Speaker 16: Sometimes it's hard to have your life on the road with you because there's so much stuff I'm accustomed to doing on the road, and I have such a routine when I'm.
Speaker 7: On tour, and she doesn't.
Speaker 16: You know, she's not gonna work out in front of everybody in the bus with the guys. She actually would, I guess, but she doesn't on the road. She doesn't go and play I go play golf all the time. But like we at the same time, we'll go to a baseball game, you know, if we have a night show and there's a day game like in Saint Louis or something. We've done that Bush Stadium. You don't get to go the whole thing, only go to a few innings.
Speaker 4: But do you worry about getting tired, because that's always my fear on the road is I'm going to get tired than I'm not gonna be able to nail it at night.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean, you're you're one. You're so accustomed to just kind of going all the time. It's kind of why I have trouble sleeping when I when I'm not on the road, because I'm just so used to that schedule.
Speaker 7: But I don't think so. I mean, your body lets you know when you're when you need some rest.
Speaker 4: My body always screams rest, like right now I need rest.
Speaker 7: I would love I go with three.
Speaker 6: You did this?
Speaker 16: Why I shouldn't sleep? I went to the gym at like four thirty. I didn't even know they opened that early.
Speaker 4: You went to the gym at four thirty in the morning.
Speaker 3: You don't try to like suffer it out, like just be miserable and get another thirty minutes.
Speaker 16: No, so I did. I went and worked out and went home and slept an hour in game here.
Speaker 4: What do you do when you work out? What's your main thing? By now?
Speaker 16: I'm just trying to gain a bunch of weight and just lift and just see how strong I can get and how big I can get. Kind of been, dude, I know. It was the first hand I know, and I walked down. I've always been lifting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just a little something. You know, what do you bench press? I don't bench Yeah me either, really, I don't max anyway.
Speaker 7: It's bad for your shoulders.
Speaker 4: What do you do squats?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 16: No, I've kind of got the arthritis in my knee lately. I think from playing golf maybe and having to have been doing legs a whole bunch. I just started about a week ago, so I'll do like real lightweight squats, but a lot of lunges, a lot of machine legs.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about peoples shirtless in the gym?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 16: It means it depends like I don't want to be at lifetime with this with your shirt off.
Speaker 7: That's not the right vibe there.
Speaker 4: I agree with that. Yeah, what I was saying, it is not the right vie.
Speaker 16: But there are gems, you know, like old school just strictly iron gyms, which I enjoy.
Speaker 7: We find on the road pretty often. You ever a box I did a little in high school.
Speaker 16: You know, the workouts are incredible, but I was I never had I had no business trying to beat somebody up.
Speaker 4: You're a pretty big dude, though, I'll tall.
Speaker 7: You six ' three. How about your weigh to fourteen?
Speaker 4: He's like a linebacker. What's your goal?
Speaker 16: But I've never I've been one hundred ninety three pounds for.
Speaker 7: I mean twenty years.
Speaker 4: Let me see you take your shirt off. Crap.
Speaker 7: I wish I could keep a straight face and just do it and just.
Speaker 4: Be like, yeah, man, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 16: I kind of got a little belly right now because I've been eating and trying to bulk and get some and gain so much weight that like, my pants are kind of tight.
Speaker 7: Hallie was like, you have a belly?
Speaker 3: Is what does she think about your body? Does she like you muscular or thin? Or Because my wife, wherever I am, she wants me to feel good. Even if she knows I'm kind of gross, She'll be like, I like it right now, even with your pooch, And I'm like, that's not true.
Speaker 16: Well that's what she's supposed to say too. Yes, I don't know. I think she He's not really she isn't really say anything about it. She just is like, you got a little chunky.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: God, I'm telling you what I walked in. I'm like, Bobby's know you?
Speaker 4: Does that make you feel? Why would he make that up because he just followed along? Hey, oh well, well.
Speaker 3: We're gonna come back with parking in a second. We have some real stuff to talk about. I do want to mention the tour some additional dates this fall. So every time I told you this, every time I look at your pictures from on the road, I pinch and zoom in and like every shit's full.
Speaker 16: It's been good, it's it's uh, my career is as good right now as it as it's ever been, and honestly, it's a lot bigger than I ever really.
Speaker 7: Dreamed about when I was a kid.
Speaker 3: To make you feel good, certainly, or does it make you feel anxious?
Speaker 4: Like there's a new.
Speaker 7: Pressure a little anxious at times? You just want to deliver?
Speaker 16: And uh, you know, your life changes, and you know, I mean the older you get, right, the more responsibility you have, and you still have a full career to run. So that's kind of where some of the angst comes from.
Speaker 7: But I don't know.
Speaker 16: I mean, you it's up to you. It's all mental, you know, if you want to handle it and step up to the plate and deliver. Yeah, the opportunities there boom because.
Speaker 4: I didn't really want to handle it, but now I will. It's a motivation. He's like, suck it up, loser, Okay, man, you got it.
Speaker 3: Uh, Parker does awesome live show Parker McCollum dot com. We're gonna come back with Parker in a second. New tour dates are up all the way through. I mean it's like two pages of dates. D' you're gonna be so rich, and this towards over all the way your band, my band, raging idiots bad.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Sorry, all right, I appreciate that. Really cool And I listened.
Speaker 16: I was on the plane when they sent me the the edit for the TV show The Show Yea, and I was like, that's all you brown away, dude, it's it's I had, you know, I had my drummer after sound check. I had my drummer come to the show. I said, you need to come to see this boy hit the cans.
Speaker 17: Oh.
Speaker 3: I thought it was because he's like, you need to jump in real quick because they're not. I was like, you need to come appreciate the can we really you know, we're as dumb as we are and Eddie and I are.
Speaker 4: Our band is awesome.
Speaker 7: That's what I always say. I said, I'm the least talented person on our stage.
Speaker 3: By for I didn't say that though, And you said, I meant, did you see what's happening?
Speaker 11: Goes?
Speaker 4: I say, okay, I hear you. Can you fix stuff.
Speaker 16: Sometimes, you know, sometimes I'm like I'll I'll take it on. I'm like, alright, I'm gonna fix this. But most of the time, I'm like, I just don't even want to deal with it.
Speaker 3: And you're gone so much, I assume when you get home you don't want to have to fix the dryer.
Speaker 16: No, there's it's there's like a there's a fine line, you know, like the door knob or you know, some stuff like that. I can be pretty handy, but once it gets into the electrical stuff, I'm like, like, my my father in law is really good with electricity, thank god, and he does all that for me.
Speaker 4: You mow the yard ever?
Speaker 16: Uh No, I just I have to buy him a lot more about this new house and it's got a huge yard, and and I was like, I'm gonna buy Hollie was like, you're never gonna be home tom out. I'm like, I know, but when I am, I want to So you like going. I just I don't like anything working outside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like the internet. You don't like the sweat, not anymore. I swept working out.
Speaker 6: But I'm good.
Speaker 4: I don't need I used.
Speaker 7: When the money's good.
Speaker 3: Maintenance on a golf course forever, mowed all yards forever, I'm all good.
Speaker 8: You spent like three hours cleaning up your back yard because there.
Speaker 7: Was a storm.
Speaker 16: You had to do it bad storm, and you had to get some satisfaction from that.
Speaker 3: Just sending the picture to my wife being like, literally, that's all I cared about. Was I wanted to get it done because it was a disaster. Because but I sent it before I said, oh man, look at this. It's a mess over here. And then she went, dang, that is terrible, and I went, but here's what I just did.
Speaker 4: And I said it after so smart, like part two, and then she was she thought I was so sexy. Do you She didn't agree.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't disagree.
Speaker 4: She didn't think that at all.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't disagree with her.
Speaker 3: I saw you giving a tour of your bus on Instagram.
Speaker 4: You got a new bus, I did.
Speaker 7: That's exciting, It's very exciting.
Speaker 3: So but you designed, How do you design a bus? What are you designing?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 16: I mean when I say I designer, I took a bunch of screenshots and some other buses and I said, I want to do this, this, this, and this. That's kind of when I started building. I just once I have my own, I'm like, right now, I know how I want to do it.
Speaker 4: So when you buy a bus, do you just you like, go to the bus lot.
Speaker 3: I did not Bush, Okay, but you designed a bus you didn't buy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, build it, dang, I need to do that just like one trip. I'll designed it on one trip. I'm good.
Speaker 7: You could. It's there, it's it's it's expensive.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 16: But my my thing is always you know, that's where I spend so much of my time. It's my home on the road. So if you're gonna put money anywhere, you want to put it to where you're comfortable and it's it's nice to I'm very.
Speaker 7: I have not regretted it at one time?
Speaker 4: Is it true?
Speaker 3: And I think this is probably true that it just shows what kind of guy you are that you turned down your dad's offered to buy you a bus early on in your career.
Speaker 4: Why did you turn that down?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 16: I feel like I was pretty aware when I was a kid of especially kind of the Texas music seeing and the guys that I grew up really idolizing, and you know, the whole mantra, their their whole reputation goes all the way up to Willie is road warriors and doing it the hard way and paying your dues and earning it and that was I really paid a lot of attention to that when I was really little kid, and so when and I really kind of started touring and trying to do it for a living. You know, my dad is a businessman. He's not in the music business, in the car business, but he's the numbers guy, you know. And he was like, man, I buy you an ears by a bus and I'm like, I was like, that's never going to work like this. I'll always be looked at as you know, the kid whose dad bought him a music career. That was like really heavy on my mind. I was like, I want to go out and I'm gonna do it the hard way and if you're good enough, you know you can make it.
Speaker 3: So you had to cancel a couple of shows back in February because you were sick. Your boys was shot, which happens. How sick and how far did you have to get until you were like, oh, I have to because I know you don't want to cancel anything for any reason whatsoever.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, people forget it.
Speaker 16: It's like, you know, you lose a lot of uh, you're paying a lot of people to be there. You're gonna lose a lot of money canceling the show, like you only do it if you if you're you know, I've done it before. I'm like, all right, I'm just gonna play the show and go out there. And it is garbage. And these people paid their hard earned money to come see you and they're not getting what they paid for. But I I was actually feeling a little better when we canceled that show. But I had gone out and sang three nights in a row dogs sick, like nasty sick, I mean, yeacking up stuff on the stage and not good. And so by the fourth day I was like, okay, like I'm this is this is too much, And so we just went back and made it up those epic.
Speaker 3: Spead show and I saw That's what reminded me of it. But that's a great point that you brought up, is that it does cost you money to cancel a show. It's not like you're like, I don't feel like working, I'm going to cancel it, and everything's the same.
Speaker 4: No, everybody you brought on the road, the whole crew, all.
Speaker 16: The forty crew and buses and eighteen wheelers and everything where they're ready to roll. They're loading in and I'm like, I can't go, and there's no way I can go tonight.
Speaker 4: You have a run? What I'll do? Sometimes? Run? Do it like a minute clinic, get a steroid shot.
Speaker 7: I lived on steroid pills last year.
Speaker 4: It's saved, but then I feel terrible, like two days later.
Speaker 7: Played good golf though you do you ever hit a golf ball on pregno Zone?
Speaker 4: No? What does that do? Because I don't know.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I don't know, but you swing a lot harder in the bag and you I've played the best golfer played my life is after like singing on steroid pills.
Speaker 4: Wow, he's really selling that. Ye? I like it?
Speaker 7: Predno Zone.
Speaker 4: Your album comes out in May? What's like? Why should we be excited?
Speaker 7: Dude? I don't know, Bobby.
Speaker 16: I'm so weird about putting records out. I get real beside myself. Every record I've put out and I always leave the studio film like I missed big time, And all three of them have done, you know, considerably well for me, even though I felt that way every time, and hopefully this way will be the same same way.
Speaker 7: But I don't know.
Speaker 16: It's a lot, dude. His songwriting for me is such a you know it kind of it's a heart on my mind writing songs and the places that I try to go to to write songs and where I write them from. You know, it's not just, you know, kind of easy stuff. So you ever feel too vulnerable? Like I put too much out? Now, there's a there's a song on this record. It's a piano ballad, and I'm like, I don't think I'll ever get more vulnerable than that song.
Speaker 4: But what's that on called?
Speaker 7: Just so I can get it hard again? Okay?
Speaker 3: Remember that from when he comes back next month, Have your Heart Again. We're gonna make him cry. We're gonna bring a piano in. I'm hope to play it and he's gonna cry. I'm gonna hear it.
Speaker 7: He's got a big falsetto in it.
Speaker 4: Really you go up high.
Speaker 11: Have your Heart Again?
Speaker 7: It's pretty close. He seems like you've heard it before.
Speaker 3: I'm on all right, So album comes out May twelfth. We'll talk to you when the record comes out. But let's talk about the tour real quick, because you put up a bunch of a bunch of new shows. How long is your set full?
Speaker 6: Parker?
Speaker 7: Ninety minutes?
Speaker 3: What's your first song on the set list to be loved by you, Oh you come out with a hit. Get tickets to the show, A bunch of new dates at at Parker McCollum dot com. A lot of great openers. Corey Kent, who's awesome. Katie Offerman, love her, Larry Fleet, I mean, Randy Rodgers band.
Speaker 4: Some is just a.
Speaker 7: Lory Allen's opening for some in Dallas.
Speaker 4: Really, that's got to be super cool for you.
Speaker 7: I've never met him. I can't wait to meet him. I'm very excited.
Speaker 4: Doesn't he have like a whale penis or something in his house? What is it?
Speaker 7: Morgan?
Speaker 4: Yes, well it's not his it's oh yeah, it's his collection.
Speaker 2: He likes to keep him. And the reason he does is because he says, if anybody ever robs him, he wants to grab that and he wants that to be the story that he hit him with a whale penis.
Speaker 4: What I ask.
Speaker 16: Him about that, Parker, I've been I've been on the show a few times now, and that's the best moment that I've had on this show.
Speaker 4: There it is Parker McCollum. Tickets at Parker McCollum dot com. Handle on you crushing. It's gonna be a number one. And that's it for today, Parker. Good to see buddy, Thank you. Yoh wow.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: Normally it's Lunchbox doing the print calls on our show, but this week it was Bobby. But I don't know that it's considered a print call, because I think he was mostly serious. He called Lady A's Request line. If you don't know, Ladies on tour right now, they're doing the request Line tour where their fans can call in and request which songs of theirs that they'll play when they're in their city, and the whole purpose was so that they could play their own songs, just different ones, because they have so many at this point. But Bobby called in and requested them to play covers of very specific songs, and it's pretty hilarious. Everybody was getting a good laugh out of this one, particularly because their request line is not open for more than like ten seconds, so Bobby may have made a few more than just one call Number three.
Speaker 3: Wonder if this is someone's cell phone, because they have the Lady A Request Line number, and you call and you leave a message and then you request a song and the Ladya on.
Speaker 4: Their tour plays the song. Apparently that's awesome. Sounds pretty good to me. Yeah, everybody's gonna be like, play I Need You Now. They were playing that anyway, play I Run to You. I already had it on the list. I'm gonna give a few things it wasn't on the list.
Speaker 9: Curve ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's just see if lady A is a.
Speaker 4: Man or a woman of their word. Having a male and female leads ainger is kind of a tough one. Okay, let me type it in here. I don't want to say the number cas is the wrong number. But let's see call speaker go.
Speaker 18: Thanks for collin the lady A request line.
Speaker 12: What do you want to hear us play on our tour this year?
Speaker 4: Just a kiss?
Speaker 19: Any of the deep covers, Hello World, Fleetwood, Matt Covers, any cover songs.
Speaker 18: Leave a message after the beef with what you want to hear and let us know which show you're coming to and we'll start crossing.
Speaker 7: Press wanted to leave a message, press too.
Speaker 20: To optin to get up date.
Speaker 4: Did they have a national show? Yeah?
Speaker 2: On Friday, this Friday.
Speaker 4: It's Friday. Okay, come on one, Please leave.
Speaker 20: A short message press pound when you are done.
Speaker 3: Hello, this is Bobby Bones. I'll be at the Nashville show. A couple of requests. I have actually five. I'd like to hear Mambo number five from lou Bega and I think that would be great. I think the crowd would love Mambo number five. We just haven't heard hits like that a long time. I would like to hear Limp Biscuit Nookie come on. And I'd really like to hear Hillary do the fred Durst like, really take the lead on this one.
Speaker 4: There's a song from D four L called Laughy Taffy. He goes shake that laughy taffy, Shake that laughy taffy. I'd like to hear that at some point, maybe in the second half of the set. Don't hear.
Speaker 18: Thanks for Collin the lady a request.
Speaker 20: Please leave a short message press pound when you were done.
Speaker 3: I was really cut off. I think Charles cut me off there when I was leaving that last message. I'd like to hear Rebecca Black Friday, since the show is gonna be on a Friday on Nashem. Yeah, and if you want to start with that, that would be cool because everybody will know it's Friday. We might have forgotten it's a concert night, so we could be Friday, could be Saturday, but Rebecca Rebecca Black Friday would be cool. And then if you have time to fit it in, we'd like to hear Hobby Lobby Bobby by the raging idiots. It's a real crowd pleaser for us, and so that'd be super cool. Chumble wambah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get knocked down and then they go pissing the night away.
Speaker 11: Thanks for.
Speaker 4: One more came back.
Speaker 20: If you want to hear us play this year, just to kid, please leave a short message when you were done.
Speaker 4: I've been cut off twice so far.
Speaker 3: As Bobby Bones again, do you guys know any the Wiggles because I don't, But it'd be cool if you could play cold but there maybe some kids in the house.
Speaker 4: Pretty good Baby Shark, Yeah, a baby Shark. That'd be awesome.
Speaker 3: Man. If you do Baby Shark, I'm by so much merch. That's gonna be so cool. Anyway, we can't wait to see you guys, And I think, uh, maybe a little I'm Too Sexy and all those songs that you listed up in the beginning of this don't play any of those.
Speaker 4: We don't request any of those.
Speaker 3: We want for the record, lem best get Nookie Mambo number five b lou Bega.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I gotta get that. I gotta get on the whole list.
Speaker 9: Dude, we're like in junior high again.
Speaker 3: Hold on.
Speaker 18: Thanks for coming. The lady a request line.
Speaker 20: Please leave a short message press pound when you were.
Speaker 4: Done, Charles, this is your nanny. Will you call me back?
Speaker 6: Just kidding?
Speaker 4: Hey, I got cut off.
Speaker 3: D four all Laffy Taffy, Rebecca Black Friday, Bobby b Once and the reging idiots. Hobby Lobby, Bobby h Chumbawamba, I get knocked down, Cisco Thong song. Oh that's no dude, I just thought about that one. I was a jam back in the day. And anything else you guys want.
Speaker 6: What does a fox say?
Speaker 4: What does a fox?
Speaker 9: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: I think man know that one though. Oh you're killing Yeah. I can't tell the last one anyway. I hope you guys have a good tour.
Speaker 20: Thanks for leaving a message back.
Speaker 6: Does someone actually listen to that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 9: Did you hit the pound sign?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: What the pound sign?
Speaker 12: Do?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 9: They said, when you're done, hit the Pound sign, but you got cut off.
Speaker 4: Oh I think the Pound Let me call back.
Speaker 9: You don't have that, you know, I hope it didn't get deleted.
Speaker 18: Thanks for calling The Lady A request line.
Speaker 4: What if you want to hear us play on our tour this year?
Speaker 6: Just a kiss? Any of the beef cuts Nope?
Speaker 19: Hello World nope, Fleetwood, Mac covers yep, any covers yep.
Speaker 18: Leave a message after the beef what you want to hear and let us know which show you're coming to and we'll start crafting a setlist.
Speaker 20: Brush want to leave a message, Please leave a short message when you are done.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, I'm gonna be honest. I just left a whole bunch of messages and I didn't push Pound, so I'm not sure if you got on real quick Lympus Getting Nookie, Mambo Number five, Blue Bega, dfour Al, Laughy Taffy, Rebecca Black Friday, Hobby, Lovely Bobby, The Raging Idiots, Thong Song, Cisco.
Speaker 20: Thanks for leaving.
Speaker 18: Got it the Lady a request?
Speaker 4: What do you want to hear us play this year?
Speaker 20: Please leave a short message when you were done.
Speaker 4: I'm on an ind Let's loop.
Speaker 3: I can't get out every time I hit pound send me back to the beginning again.
Speaker 20: Thank you, thanks for leaving a message.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys. All right, well, I guess that's all that we're doing here today. Okay, we're stupid.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 6: Number two.
Speaker 2: When I tell y'all, I have never laughed this hard and so long, You're going to understand why when you hear this bit. We did blind karaoke this week, but a listener called in and requested that we do a duets version, and so all our names went in a hat and duets were made. I was with Ray Mundo, Eddie and Amy were together, and Lunchbox and Abby were together and it was just pure chaos. The songs on the board were also really hard for everyone, and there was an unexpected winner. I'm just gonna put that out there and I'm super happy about what went down. So here you go.
Speaker 6: Number two.
Speaker 4: We got this voice mail from Joe in North Dakota.
Speaker 20: All, I just have a suggestion for your blind karaoke.
Speaker 1: You guys should do a.
Speaker 17: Duet country love songs and then put Abby and Lunchbox together.
Speaker 7: I think it would be hilarious.
Speaker 3: So we're not gonna put them together purposefully, but I do like the idea of duets for blind karaoke. So blind karaoke is we spin this wheel, the songs on it, it lands on it, the person sings the song. They don't have any words in front of them. So we're gonna do it today. But first we're gonna draw the two people. Wow, can we bring together?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 6: Could we sing more than one song? Nope?
Speaker 4: Once you're drawing your drawing.
Speaker 6: Okay, So the ones we're eliminated, we're ound.
Speaker 3: Yes, and so you and your partner, if you're able to finish first or second place, you get to be in the next round the next time.
Speaker 4: Otherwise you're eliminated.
Speaker 6: Oh man, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Here we go first up Raymundo. Oh, you'll be singing with and then we'll figure out the.
Speaker 6: Song has to be amy come on.
Speaker 4: Oh that'd be cool.
Speaker 6: Morgan's true.
Speaker 4: Job.
Speaker 11: Guys.
Speaker 3: Okay, Raymundo, if you want to come up to the microphone on stage, all right, Morgan, if you want to walk up here, I'm gonna spin the wheel now to it.
Speaker 4: Song they're gonna sing to?
Speaker 12: Come on?
Speaker 4: What love song?
Speaker 15: You know?
Speaker 4: I think shallow would be hilarious. Oh that's good.
Speaker 9: From the movie I'm on is sad.
Speaker 4: I'm just so shallow now, shallow shallow.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's It's your Love.
Speaker 4: Oh that's good. There's in another's eye. Oh yeah, there's islands in the stream, islands in the street. All right, here we go.
Speaker 6: Let's spin that you guys have.
Speaker 3: It's your Love, Tim McGrath, Faith too.
Speaker 4: You know what Raymondo? Yeah, I mean it's been on the radio for twenty years.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, And so it's Tim and Faith. How do you guys know how you're gonna spolit this up. I'm gonna go McGrath and then if you're willing to be Faith.
Speaker 6: If I wanted to be McGrath, I mean I.
Speaker 3: Got more of the man voice and she just harms and gets Can you sing right?
Speaker 6: Can you sing?
Speaker 4: Yeah a little bit, yeah, more of a rapper, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Scuba, if you don't mind hitting it, here we go. This guy's RAYMONDO and Morgan blind karaoke.
Speaker 4: It's your Love.
Speaker 6: Cue me and Morgan Faith. I'm looking at you, girl.
Speaker 7: Come on.
Speaker 17: It Shore Love. It does something to me. It sends that shock right through me.
Speaker 4: It ain't enough.
Speaker 17: Come on girl, it sho love. It does something to me. It sends a shock right through me. Cave enough, it's yo love, Joel. It does something to me. It says a shock right through me.
Speaker 11: Jack enough. First time we've done this.
Speaker 6: And it's really young some song.
Speaker 4: It's yo whoa.
Speaker 6: That's beautiful. Hey, so great job.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let the judge put their scores in real quick before I say anything at all.
Speaker 5: You guys forgot about the beginning where it says dancing in the dark middle of the night.
Speaker 4: Just like owned it, but didn't didn't know what to do.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 4: I thought Morgan was going to know a couple more work you didn't give.
Speaker 9: You were singing your.
Speaker 4: Tough to harmonize folks.
Speaker 6: Look up here, Okay, scores are man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are words at the beginning of that. Guys, I knew it, but it's like dancing.
Speaker 4: In the dog.
Speaker 2: I just let him roll with it.
Speaker 12: Here we go.
Speaker 4: If we get a bad score, I probably should have let you lead. But if you got a good.
Speaker 6: Score, then what we did was harmony.
Speaker 4: All right, there is Morgan. Good job, guys. Okay, scores tabulated here, all right. The next pair that I'll be singing a duet together. This person is.
Speaker 8: Amy, right, come on, Eddie, you want me?
Speaker 4: And yeah, Eddie would be a good one to have.
Speaker 9: But man, I only share the stage with one person, you know what I mean?
Speaker 11: Bobby?
Speaker 4: Wow, I saw through the paper you did?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 6: What is what are made of?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 21: Wow?
Speaker 4: It's funny you saw me? I have it's funny songy oh, I know that.
Speaker 1: My eyes can Okay, let's spend.
Speaker 4: Let's do what you guys are gona get. Let's do a song you're gonna do. Here we go, let's spin. Come on, you guys are going to do shallow?
Speaker 10: Oh hey, I got this, Amy, don't worry, just just follow me.
Speaker 6: Just follow me.
Speaker 9: Okay, we got this.
Speaker 6: Are you just going to sit back and be quiet?
Speaker 9: Just just follow me. You're gonna let this you're doing like ray.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 8: And I'm Lady your lady Gaga, or you're Garth and I'm Trisha.
Speaker 4: Whatever, whatever works for you. Here we go. Can they hear a little bit of the song.
Speaker 1: Welled?
Speaker 6: Eddie's eyes changed and looked at him do you know.
Speaker 4: Any of this?
Speaker 6: And he just said he has it.
Speaker 9: That's not how I remember that song.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go from the beginning. It is Eddie and Amy. Shallow starts.
Speaker 10: Oh, it's me first, and I guy, listen to what I say?
Speaker 4: Can you do the same thing?
Speaker 6: Goodness?
Speaker 4: Here I go.
Speaker 21: Tell me something girl, and my the guy you've always wanted.
Speaker 11: Yes, tell me something boy and my big girl you always want.
Speaker 4: Of course, deep in the shallow down, I.
Speaker 8: Love it in the shallow, in.
Speaker 2: The shaherllo.
Speaker 6: Is terrible in the shalloas.
Speaker 11: Together in the.
Speaker 6: Loa in the shell. I don't know this song. I thought I did.
Speaker 9: They said, follow me, follow me again.
Speaker 11: Walk Eddie.
Speaker 4: You know I mean that's terrible shello this song.
Speaker 9: Did we start in the wrong place?
Speaker 1: Yes, you came in Now I realized don't know any of that.
Speaker 11: He said, Amy, I.
Speaker 6: Like your part of Amy. Just follow me, repeat after me? She did.
Speaker 4: I like that was wrong when you said it was wrong.
Speaker 9: But tell me something boy, tilm me something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you missed about.
Speaker 9: A whole Like, so, what's what's playing right now? Music that you got the start sing in the show?
Speaker 4: Hello, it is Amy and Eddie. Amy. That was terrible. That's my bad. That's my bad.
Speaker 2: This can't be held?
Speaker 4: What okay?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 4: I mean, are they going to get one thing around?
Speaker 15: Wow?
Speaker 4: Do we want to hold off on Lunchbox and Abby on next segment? I did a palate cleanser for that one.
Speaker 9: I had higher hopes for that.
Speaker 4: That's like when you have to drink like Roba Testa and it's like, was that bad? It was just cringey. You were like, you were like, I got it and then you didn't have it.
Speaker 8: And it was just like when he does raging idiots who leads Oh Bobby?
Speaker 9: But yeah, I think that's part of the problem.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 9: I'm used to sharing the stage with Bobby and that's it. Amy.
Speaker 4: That was rough.
Speaker 9: That's the last time we were anticipated.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox and Abby duet coming up next. Here we go, Bobby Bone show back in a second. It's time for our final pairing in blind karaoke Duets.
Speaker 4: It's Abby and Lunchbox. They were the last two names in the halt.
Speaker 9: They look really happy together.
Speaker 6: This is gonna be.
Speaker 4: Genimately was drawn that way. They're only six names, so those two are together. We're gonna spin the wheel. What lands on you? Guys will sing?
Speaker 12: Ye?
Speaker 5: Hey, Abby, let's focus like you need to No, you need to quit being bitter and put it aside and perform.
Speaker 4: You're the one that jumped on her to begin with.
Speaker 6: I didn't he get you know what? You know which one I want? Though? You're the reason our kids are ugly.
Speaker 4: You don't know that one.
Speaker 6: Oh, I can make it up. I guarantee you.
Speaker 4: It's not about making it.
Speaker 6: I'll sing it right to her.
Speaker 4: What Bobby, I understand? Here we go.
Speaker 5: There's the reason our kids are ugly.
Speaker 4: You will do your Islands in the stream by Kenny and Dolla.
Speaker 9: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 11: I know the chorus.
Speaker 6: I don't know the name thing you don't know.
Speaker 4: You don't know the song at all.
Speaker 5: I know it says there's islands in their streams, how far they are?
Speaker 4: Would play some of them?
Speaker 6: No one, So I would just follow her. Then she doesn't know it. She just said that the chorus.
Speaker 5: That's okay, that's okay. Scared, Abby, don't be scared. What you do is you get up here and you act like you don't You don't ever say you don't know it.
Speaker 4: Come on, didn't say he said he didn't know it. He said, you never say you don't know it.
Speaker 6: Ray are you ready?
Speaker 4: Hit it?
Speaker 3: Here we go, Abby, And this has been a disaster, by the way, I mean, where is the picture?
Speaker 6: I put your picture away?
Speaker 9: That's not what you're doing.
Speaker 3: I know we had that one, we would do it. I know I don't have that one. That's okay, let's go right, hit it.
Speaker 2: I'm trying.
Speaker 21: There's no ready near love something I could say.
Speaker 6: There you gotta sing.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you're saying, just arguing.
Speaker 2: But she's not saying the time getting your.
Speaker 6: I go up not amazing.
Speaker 4: She's trying to go. She's gonna sing this one, and then you talk.
Speaker 6: You hear her singing in my ears?
Speaker 4: Okay, but that's what I'm saying. Can we can hear.
Speaker 6: I hear myself, but I can't hear her because you're yelling.
Speaker 4: You can only hear you because you're yelling so loud.
Speaker 6: That's okay, that's better.
Speaker 4: That's all right.
Speaker 6: Get on that mic. You got to eat the mic.
Speaker 4: You're doing great, So this is what you should.
Speaker 3: Let her go first and then she'll tell you and to go, but I don't, okay go And she said she doesn't.
Speaker 4: All the words, but she knows the melody because she's singing the melody of the song.
Speaker 6: I don't know what that means. I don't know what a melody hit it.
Speaker 13: Ray, yeah, yeah, dumb.
Speaker 4: Once I thought the love with something I could find.
Speaker 1: And then you walked into my life and.
Speaker 2: You were mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you walked away.
Speaker 11: You laugh forever and.
Speaker 6: The reason you ready now.
Speaker 14: Forever because there was so much out there, like islands in the streams and lots of wonderful dreams, and you were holding me back.
Speaker 11: And then I you are the one for me.
Speaker 1: And I still don't know.
Speaker 4: Where you are.
Speaker 5: I'm out here in the islands in the streams.
Speaker 1: Love to each other.
Speaker 21: In the oh, that is what we are knowing where we are coming to a far.
Speaker 6: Stream.
Speaker 21: Come away with me another place, and unless love to each other from another to a mother to a brother to a mother.
Speaker 4: Abby was trying. She was actually trying to put him on the right spot.
Speaker 3: He just can't hand it when somebody hand on, when somebody else's has they win.
Speaker 4: I thought I was coming in at the right time, and she kept saying, don't hold on and then jump over her.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: I was getting messed up trying to hear you not on the whatever and then I was trying to listen to the music.
Speaker 8: It's okay, I thought, okay for lunch talks, when he was saying make love or whatever, he was like making look at him.
Speaker 6: But that's what singers do on stage.
Speaker 4: But you guys must to do with each other, like feel each other.
Speaker 6: Run into that.
Speaker 4: Let's do our judging here.
Speaker 6: Just stay here. I mean we're going to sing him out, okay, because that's what the winners do. I mean, there's no one okay.
Speaker 3: With a total of three points three judges one one and one, Amy and Eddie finishing dead last, so they were both eliminated from the next round of blind carry.
Speaker 9: Both of us.
Speaker 6: That's like four today.
Speaker 9: This is the last time we're doing due No no, We'll never do this again.
Speaker 4: No no, no night and stab my ears with the fork.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm gonna tell you what you picked some hard songs. Those were extremely well known pictures.
Speaker 3: In second place with a total of four points, getting a two to one and a wow is Lunchbox and Abbey.
Speaker 4: What Morgan Array are winners.
Speaker 6: They are literally just singing the whatever the part, and they sang together.
Speaker 3: Abby, I'm sorry you'd have had just someone who listened you don't want.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did listen you me to go and then you said stop, and then you said you just screamed.
Speaker 8: It's like one little verse you do and then you're done.
Speaker 4: Yeah you don't just keep it going.
Speaker 6: But then you pointed at me to go again. Or maybe you were just singing with.
Speaker 3: Your hands and here they are to sing us out Lunchbox and Abby because the're just I say, let's do a little song called don't you want to Stay?
Speaker 4: From Jason Alden and Kelly Clarkson.
Speaker 1: Oh you know this one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no he doesn't. You know what? Abby? Yeah, you can start it.
Speaker 6: Thank you started for me?
Speaker 4: Abby?
Speaker 2: Shoot, no, I don't know it.
Speaker 6: It's three a M. Don't you want to stay with me?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's it. Thank you everybody.
Speaker 6: Don't you want to be?
Speaker 4: Second? Hit?
Speaker 6: Where are you going? Why are you trying to leave?
Speaker 11: Out?
Speaker 19: Hit?
Speaker 6: Hit the button? Ray?
Speaker 4: We gotta get out of here, all right?
Speaker 19: Thank you.
Speaker 3: So this is don't listen to Lunchbucks because he gets my name wrong every time.
Speaker 6: But you know what I'm listening to.
Speaker 4: It's the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 6: Come on lunch Bob.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan Number two.
Speaker 2: Huge moment for our show this week, Bobby announced for the first time ever the ACM Awards nominees and it was just a huge moment. The studio was all snazzied up, Bobby had a suit on, and he got to announce the nominees for Entertainer of the Year, Male Artist of the Year, Female Artists of the Year, and there was multiple We got the cards delivered by a police escort. It was this whole thing and it was such a cool moment to be involved on something that's so iconic in the country music genre. So just fun all the way around, and Bobby totally did so great. So check it out. Here are all the nominees for the ACM Awards, in case you missed it.
Speaker 6: Number one.
Speaker 3: They're about to deliver us the nominations for the ACM Awards. We did not have them. They won't like give them to us, which is probably smart. I'll be honest, it's probably smart that we don't.
Speaker 9: Know you'd look through it.
Speaker 4: I'd have been at six point thirty this morning being like, I don't want to say but it rhymes with So we'll do that in probably like twenty minutes or so. Twenty five minutes.
Speaker 3: But they're driving over now, police escort and Lunchbox is going to meet them in the garage. And I thought, do we even let Lunchbox get on early? Is it awaken? But he's going to go meet the car out there in a few minutes.
Speaker 8: If you're on the phone with him and make sure he goes in and they're sealed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm just excited to open one.
Speaker 4: You don't get no, No, you're not gonna open one. That's the thing. Don't open one. We will, I mean on the Yeah, I don't know if that's gonna happen either, but we'll see. I'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: Michael Jordan's last dance sneakers so for two point two million dollars. They're shoes that he wore two million bucks. They said two million bucks on the ouction. I went for two point two. They are just a pair of shoes he wore in an NBA Finals game. So they're the only complete pair of sneakers worn by him in the NBA Finals game to be authenticated by the NBA's official authenticator.
Speaker 4: It's just a guy who goes, yeah, that's real, that's really them. I mean, that is cool. Two point two million dollars.
Speaker 9: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 3: They're black mostly with red like trim on the bottom.
Speaker 9: So they're Jordan's.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, there he wasn't wearing something different. Now I ain't wearing the Barcley's. But yeah, two point two million dollars. Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: And then if you have that, because it looks like they're signed on the toe as well, if you have them, you show them off. But I'm worried that all the old heist movies where they go in and they like do lasers to cut the glass and steal them, to steal a jewel, or people know that you have two million dollars basically sitting in your house. In your house is just ripe for somebody to try to break in.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but people have like dinosaur bones, like but.
Speaker 4: Who and where? Nicholas doesn't mean yeah, well, supposedly he gave them back because he had to.
Speaker 3: I just would hate for people to know I had something worth two million dollars in my house because I would constantly be nervous when one was going to break in and steal it. And you're like, well, I got all the security in the world, Well for two million bucks. Somebody can hack that stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's cool.
Speaker 3: I mean, I wish I had them, I'd wear them. I have two pair of shoes at my house that I got at a charity auction. One of them are signed game warn Lebron's their size like fourteen his shoes, and one's a signed pair of KD Kevin.
Speaker 4: Durants and know that what I don't know, Well, they're worth a nickel. I think if that bro, do you wear those and play with I can't. They're so big you.
Speaker 9: Could put like a shoe or something in it.
Speaker 6: And at least wear the while you're playing NBA.
Speaker 4: Two K put plants in something socks, so they just sit in there. I don't have any authentication papers on them because I bought them at a charity auction.
Speaker 3: But there's real as could be game worn shoes. I'll bring a man and show them to you. Yeah, I think about them. They're just literally just in my closet next to other shoes.
Speaker 9: Do you smell those things?
Speaker 17: Like?
Speaker 9: What do they smell?
Speaker 4: I guess I'm not a free Do they smell like Lebron? I don't know.
Speaker 6: They have some of his powder when he throws in the air.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: There's something I want to share with you guys too, unless you probably go out to the garage all right, because I'm hearing they're driving up. So you can clone somebody's voice. We've talked about this before where they have the technology now or if there's enough of someone's voice, they can then create other sounds. Out of the sounds, they make other words. So a woman in Arizona says that scammers use that AI software to clone her daughter's voice and then try to get a million bucks ransom out of her.
Speaker 4: Now listen to this. Her name is Jennifer di Stefano.
Speaker 3: She got a call that said it was her daughter crying, saying she messed up really bad, and so it turns out it was an ID spoofing scam. But she was like, I don't have a million bucks and the person's like, well, what do you have? It's like fifty thousand dollars. So the people that were with the mom started calling nine one one. They called the dad. The dad's like, wait, what goes up to her room because he thought maybe she'd been abducted.
Speaker 6: From her room.
Speaker 4: She was up there asleep in a room.
Speaker 6: Oh so weird.
Speaker 3: So here is Jennifer di Stefano talking about getting that terrifying phone call with her daughter's fake voice claiming she'd been kidnapped.
Speaker 13: I pick up the phone and I hear my daughter's voice and it says, mom, I messed up. And she's sobbing and crying. And then I hear a man's voice say, put your head back, lie down. And this man gets on the phone and he's like, I've got your daughter. This is how it's going to go down. You call the police, you call anybody. I'm gonna pop her some mix so full of drugs. I'm gonna have my way to throwing drop Rob in Mexico. In the background, she's going help me, Mom. I never doubt it for one second.
Speaker 12: It was her.
Speaker 3: So that's so real because they're using her voice from what they got off TikTok, because the kid had TikTok and there's a lot of videos of her talking, so they wereuld to pull the voice off that and that is that is And who does that?
Speaker 4: What kind of loser? What kind of scum human evil person?
Speaker 3: Yeash, I mean, I go still, somebody's two million dollars shoes before I do that.
Speaker 4: At least no kids are That's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'd break in and then do a heist, but that is really really bad, And so I just want abody to know that's being done.
Speaker 4: I don't know that's being done all the time. But because this technology is not happening, it's a new scam.
Speaker 9: We shouldn't talk on the radio anymore. They're gonna take our voice.
Speaker 4: We should on well, and what.
Speaker 8: Are we supposed to do if like the one time you're you know, someone hears this, and then tomorrow, let's say they get a call because their child really has been abducted and they're like, Noah.
Speaker 3: Noah, I heard this on the bottom that I say, I find the kid right before you start saying.
Speaker 4: But that's a new thing. So the more you know they're cloning voices and be aware of the future.
Speaker 3: Is lunchbox is in the garage right now, Lunchbox, how you doing, buddy?
Speaker 12: Hey man, I'm just waiting.
Speaker 19: I'm waiting to get those envelope.
Speaker 4: Apparently it's the cop cars coming around the corner.
Speaker 12: Now, listen, are they knocking on that garage?
Speaker 4: You go out there? Okay, the garage door is opened, so he was knocking on the run. Well, if it's closed, it's not closed, it's open. He's doing theater of the mind right now. That's not even real. I want to hear it. I just telling the pull on in, pull on in baby. Okay, Hey guys, pull on in baby, baby. Okay, we're gonna come back in a second. Apparently they're not there.
Speaker 6: Can we here? I open the garage. No one here.
Speaker 4: So the garage door was closed. You're saying it was closed.
Speaker 6: Now I'll close it back so you can hear it again when they get here.
Speaker 4: I don't need to hear it again.
Speaker 3: They're bringing the ACM Awards to lunchboxes in the garage.
Speaker 4: They have a police.
Speaker 6: Escort going down.
Speaker 4: It's closing the garage door is I don't care. Okay, he's gonna get it.
Speaker 9: We actually don't know.
Speaker 4: We don't hear it.
Speaker 13: Oh, you don't hear it.
Speaker 4: So they should be there in the next minute or so.
Speaker 3: Get the case with the envelopes in it, bring it in the studio, and in the next fifteen eighteen minutes we will announce for the first time the ACM nominees for twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, yeah, I'll wait on hill until they're here so you can hear me.
Speaker 6: Get no, I'm good.
Speaker 3: If they're not there yet, I'm gonna go ahead and jump out and we'll come back in a second.
Speaker 4: Wait. Wait, hold on, they're here. They're here, all right, good, get it open.
Speaker 9: I don't Oh my gosh, look at the garage.
Speaker 11: We can't.
Speaker 4: Can we hear the right? Turn the music real down? Let's listen.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I think he shut it to open it, because it definitely was not shut when I looked a few minutes ago.
Speaker 9: We'll hear it though.
Speaker 4: All right, are those for me?
Speaker 19: See the envelopes for you? Thank you?
Speaker 4: Oh he's having to sign sign it? Oh god, what's he going to sign? Let's go.
Speaker 21: Girl.
Speaker 4: So now he owns now he gets to do it, all right, he's coming in right now. I will do it next.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 12: Listen the first envelope.
Speaker 4: You want to know which one it is?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I kind of want to know.
Speaker 6: Okay, Entertainer of the Year.
Speaker 4: I figured that way.
Speaker 6: We'll come.
Speaker 4: I'm dressed up for the occasion.
Speaker 9: Yeah, wow, right.
Speaker 3: Man, tuxedo for the announcements here, that's what this deserves. Now, waist down, you can't see I'm just in shorts.
Speaker 4: Oh of course I'm gonna spoil it. But I look good on top mad on bottom.
Speaker 3: So it's time for the announcements of the ACM Awards, all the nominees.
Speaker 4: By the way, the show will be hosted by Dolly and Garth.
Speaker 3: The fifty eighth ACM Awards will stream live exclusively on Amazon Prime Video Thursday May eleventh, eight seventh Central from the Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas. Now, these awards are being stream right now on our Bobby Bone Show Facebook page, so you can watch them in all of their glory and see me in a bow tie that's slightly too tight.
Speaker 4: I had Abby help put it on. She goes that choking you as.
Speaker 8: Is it because you're working out?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 9: Probably, We'll say that for sure.
Speaker 3: So we have all the major categories to announce, and I'm very excited to be the one to do it.
Speaker 4: Very excited they trusted me. This first envelope for Entertainer of the Year. This is big.
Speaker 9: You want us to cheer after everyone when we want.
Speaker 4: It's like a graduation. Wait, wait till the end. You got it. And if you cheer in the middle I'm gonna have to escort you out. Entertainer of the Year. Your nominees are Jason al Dean. That's the trouble is the hard phreak. It's going on an air rail, leave you midnight, break you down, wondering, Luke Combs.
Speaker 19: Black around Away, Sam say Black near.
Speaker 3: Desert Rain like Miranda Lambert, start keep also up for Entertainer of the Year, Chris Stapleton, you should probably.
Speaker 4: Carrie under what I'm the kid, Caine Brown, Mississippi, Mississippi, three leis are you?
Speaker 3: And your final nominee for Entertainer of the Year is Morgan Wallen.
Speaker 4: And all those pras she ways due only congratulations to all the nominees for Entertainer of the Year.
Speaker 6: Cheer everybody.
Speaker 4: That's a good one. Okay, that's all the stuff we wanted to say, but we just dumped it all in the will barrow.
Speaker 6: And I'm an idiot. I was in here going, oh, he's about to announce the winner.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't that be hilarious.
Speaker 6: I was like, every announcing the winner and I'm an idiot.
Speaker 4: That'll be on the awards show.
Speaker 6: I understand.
Speaker 5: I thought the first naming name was the winner and I was like, and then he started naming other people, a.
Speaker 4: Lot of winners. Everyone's a winner today. Next up.
Speaker 3: For the fifty eighth ACM Awards, Female Artist of the Year. Yet to take a listen to the Envelope's oh yeah, here we wonderful ladies.
Speaker 4: Let's open it up. And your nominees for Female Artist of the Year.
Speaker 3: Are Miranda Lambert, Cavn and The Kitten. Then Ashley McBride it's just you ain't got a tube, Laney Wilson.
Speaker 2: I got a heart like.
Speaker 4: It's Bengel, Carle Pierce little to.
Speaker 6: This Wednesday.
Speaker 3: And your final nominee for Female Artists of the Year Kelsey Ballerini.
Speaker 4: Congratulations to all of our nominees.
Speaker 6: Nice Jo, what a voice sounds like an angel?
Speaker 3: So all that stuff we wanted to say in the middle of it, we're not showing favoritiss I can't do it for the one time in our life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Next up, Male Artist of the Year. As the Envelope HiT's the microphone. I'm about to lose his bow tie. I'm about to start choking.
Speaker 9: Can you can you breathe?
Speaker 4: I can breathe, obviously, but it's like I always have I have something in my throat now, but it's the bowtie just strangling me.
Speaker 3: Male Artist of the Year. By the way, you can still watch all of this on our Facebook page. Just go and search for Bobby Bone show.
Speaker 4: Like your neck is turning red, it's my whole head straight Tomato here, Yeah you look? Are you dizzy?
Speaker 2: Are you breathing?
Speaker 6: Mom?
Speaker 4: Male Artist of the Year. Your nominees are.
Speaker 3: Luke Combs, I Am a passion, Take us to a high, Chris Stapleton, you don't, Caine Brown Baby got contre, Jordan Davis.
Speaker 6: He.
Speaker 21: Kiss me the way that you did when you get Cat mcmen.
Speaker 4: And your final nominee for Mail Artist of the Year, Morgan Wallin, I'm.
Speaker 3: Money and everybody all the comments that you were thinking during it. We don't want to say specifically after anyone, but released him now. He deserves that all this time, he deserves that one. Wow what wow, man, I'm doing him after the show. No chance he loses.
Speaker 4: That's right, all right. We're still have a few more categories here. Next up.
Speaker 3: Fifty eighth Annuel ACM Awards that will stream live exclusively on Amazon Prime Video. These are your nominees for Single of the Year, on the microphone. Yeah, hold on, is that I don't know? Proves we have envelopes. Your nominees for Single love the Year. So what's gonna happen on this one?
Speaker 19: Is?
Speaker 3: This is awarded to the artist, the producers, and the record label, the record company.
Speaker 4: Single of the Year. There are five nominees.
Speaker 3: The first, Heart Like a Truck Laney Wilson, I got a Heart, never wanted to be that girl, Carly Pears and Ashley McBride She had me at Heads Carolina Cole Swindell got Ship, you can.
Speaker 11: Flip the quarter, drive to California.
Speaker 3: And this song is also up for Single of the Year. Thank God from Cain and Caitlin Brown gets a.
Speaker 4: Sad thank God.
Speaker 3: And your final nominee for Single of the Year goes to Cody Johnson Till you Can't If you.
Speaker 21: Gotta chant's take it, Take it while you.
Speaker 2: Got a chance.
Speaker 4: Those are your nominees for Single of the Year. Do you think, guys? So I can't get that.
Speaker 19: Song as my head.
Speaker 4: I sing it all the time, that one. They played it so much, Man, I got tired of that song.
Speaker 6: I still jam to that one.
Speaker 4: You don't even know what we're talking about. You got an okay, I'll say.
Speaker 3: The fifty eighth a CM Awards will stream live exclusively on Amazon Prime Video Thursday mail at eight seven Central from the Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 4: So here's what we have remaining. We have Album of the Year, Group of the Year, Duo of the Year. We have three more awards.
Speaker 3: But here's what I'm going to do before I pass out, I'm gonna hit a little break.
Speaker 9: You're gonna lose.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just gonna take it off for a second. I think I need it when we come back, I need to still look good, right, Fashion hers or what do they say? Fashion pain is fashion pain hurts. I don't know what they say being I don't know.
Speaker 3: The fifty eighth ACM Awards on Amazon Prime Video coming up on May eleventh.
Speaker 4: We just announced.
Speaker 3: All the nominees for Entertainer of the Year, Female Artist of the Year, Male Artist of the Year, and Single of the Year. We still have three major categories to go here. First, Duo of the Year is a big one.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 4: We being there? Okay, no, no, probably not opening the envelope. Your nominees for Duo of the Year. At this year's a c M Awards are Brooks and Done. I've been most every night. Be the line Brothers Osbourne, I got the all, y'all got the Dan and Shaye got for the Listill Maddies.
Speaker 3: Maddie and Tay and the war n Treaty line is no. Those are your nominees for Duo of the Year. Everybody clapt now.
Speaker 6: They deserve it.
Speaker 4: So one man, they got screwed last time. All right, they did? You know what I'm talking about. Clue what was happening? What happened? Well, you can't make you.
Speaker 21: Did.
Speaker 4: And then I looked over because I thought something was wrong. Oh, okay, do that.
Speaker 11: I got excited.
Speaker 8: I will sit on my hands.
Speaker 4: They're never gonna let us do it again if we get excited.
Speaker 9: Okay, we're not excited.
Speaker 3: Well, after this segment's over, we'll be excited to say a bunch of controversial crap, but not during this because this is a segment we dedicated to them.
Speaker 4: Two categories left, Group of the Year. You ready for it, Let's go here it is develop on the microphone. Your nominees for Group of the Year are.
Speaker 11: Lady A.
Speaker 4: Little big town? Yeah, Midland.
Speaker 6: People say I got a.
Speaker 4: Drinking problems, Old Dominion. She was bagging the bag that was top she got. And finally, Zach Brown Band.
Speaker 6: We're all in the same.
Speaker 4: At your Group of the Year everybody, Okay, I wonder how they split.
Speaker 6: Their money singers jerk?
Speaker 4: Who knows?
Speaker 3: That could be talking about Indian I do think though, probably that's just the same, same.
Speaker 4: Groups every time. Yeah, we need to start a band, we need.
Speaker 6: To have started and maybe not.
Speaker 4: Finally, Album of the Year. Are you ready for it? Everybody? Yeah, because the only thing I don't want to do is screw it up. I'm gonna do this perfectly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I will screwed up.
Speaker 4: You got to go to that. You're good. This is a word to the artist, the producer, and the record company.
Speaker 3: Ask McBride presents Lendyville Ashley McBride, hit.
Speaker 1: It Ray, There's nothing but strong.
Speaker 3: Producer John Osborne, the record company label Warner Music Nashville.
Speaker 6: Next up.
Speaker 3: Album of the Year, Bell Bottom Country, Laney Wilson, producer Jay Joyce, record company and label Broken Bow Records, Growing Up, Luke Combs in.
Speaker 11: The Middle of gam and Giddon.
Speaker 3: Producers Luke Combs, Chip Matthews, Jonathan Singleton, record company, Columbia Records, Palomino, Miranda Lambert, mister Saturday Night, John Party.
Speaker 4: Here, they call me mister Saturday. Those are your nominees for Album of the year. A lot of records, that bad song, a good songs, yeah, cover and that label, that's a good label.
Speaker 3: Those are your nominations for all those categories we do have.
Speaker 4: Let's go over to Miranda Lambert, who's on the phone right now.
Speaker 9: She's calling.
Speaker 4: She's on the phone.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Wait.
Speaker 3: As soon as she was nominated, we got a nobody has a roller X but I have her number the follow so I just texted her hate Miranda, Hi, Hey, so we just written album of the year. You know, because you share that with a lot of other folks, does that one have a different kind of significance to you?
Speaker 15: Yes, absolutely, It's It's pretty fun to get to celebrate something like that with your with your best fiat. You know, it's awesome. I'm so thrilled with that because Palomino is such a labor of love and I'm I'm pumped. That was awesome news. That was good morning coffee news.
Speaker 3: What about Palomino to you felt different than your other projects? Also, you know, critically acclaimed and people acclaimed.
Speaker 4: Is that to think people acclaimed it is?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What about Palomina was different to you though, You know what, I've.
Speaker 15: Never written a record like kind kind of conceptye. I mean, it's not a concept record, but it definitely had this comment thread through it. And we got to make up some interesting characters that we met along the way on this whole journey of Palomino because we sort of covered the whole map of the United States in this record, and so we were written with a purpose to like meet these people and go through this storyline. And it was really really fun and cool, and it was we wrote it during the time where we couldn't travel at all, so it felt good to like write about freedom hearing your lockdown portion of our life.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 3: Well, Miranda, congratulations, so great to talk to you, and I hope your day is awesome.
Speaker 4: There she has Miranda Labor mulad By Miranda, Thank you guys.
Speaker 15: Bye.
Speaker 4: I didn't know she was gonna be nominated for album. What we did during the break is we called her after she was nominated for Female and it just so happened she was on when we did album right, tell me that ain't man. Yes, and on the phone as well, we have for the first time nominee for Male Artist of the Year, Jordan Davis. Come on, Jordan Davis, where are.
Speaker 6: You right now?
Speaker 12: I'm pacing around my kitchen like an idiot. I'm actually still in kind of the same spot wherever you read my name. I've just been kind of walking back and forth because this is absolutely crazy.
Speaker 4: How do you feel because I feel that this is a major marker for your career because here you are in a major category and awards show. How do you feel about this? Only I don't know six minutes after you heard it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, well, I'll be honestly, I did not expect to be in this category. There's a ton of crazy talented people in there. But it definitely feels like a like a step, you know. I mean, we it's tough to think back on where we started and I think that we're now up for Maillards of the Year. It's just it's crazy.
Speaker 4: I guess he's talking about him in the mouse in his pocket. He's been for a year. Yeah, hey, j D that's you, buddy.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 12: It's crazy, man.
Speaker 3: I'll let you like digest this We're going to talk to Jordan tomorrow anyway, which we had scheduled just about you know, random stuff. But Jordan, you deserve a man congratulations And well, would you have gone to the ACMs had you not been nominated, that's the question.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I was going either way because I mean, my family's all in Dallas, so I was going, but I was kind of expected to just be going to hang out. Now it's gonna be a lot more fun.
Speaker 4: And he'll probably been more on clothes because you want to look better on camera.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, you got to and then you.
Speaker 4: Got to practice that.
Speaker 3: When they put your face in a box and they're they're showing who might win, you have to practice your Oh I'm still happy anyway, that that face just in case you don't win and be like, oh, because I would and I be like son of them and then it would go viral.
Speaker 6: So you're better than.
Speaker 12: We'll definitely, I'll definitely be. I'll have that face ready.
Speaker 3: So hey, congratulations man, all seriousness, you deserve it. And first time ever nominee Mail Artist of the Year Jordan David. Alright, Jordan, and we'll talk to you tomorrow, buddy.
Speaker 12: Thanks Bobby All right there he is.
Speaker 6: He's got a shot.
Speaker 3: The guys killing it, killing it, So I'll say one more time. The ACMs are hosted by Dolly and Garth. They're the fifty eighth and I've been to every one of them.
Speaker 6: Wow, wow, you look good. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been every every one of them.
Speaker 3: The fiftieth A SMS will stream live exclusively on Amazon Prime Video Thursday May eleventh, eight seventh Central from the Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, Dallas.
Speaker 4: Cowboys. That's all right, let's go Cowboys. All the nominations that we posted up on the ACM website and socials today. Thank you for letting us do this.
Speaker 3: And I think that's it. I think now show's over. Time to go home and the next segmentill announced the winners.
Speaker 8: That's what I just thought of a joke for Eddie because of the Cowboys and like, at least winners here tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not funny at all. Why she takes a shot at you joining this great moment? Okay, thank you guys.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: All right, y'all, it's time for me to go enjoy some Sunshine and the Lukecolmb's concert tonight. It's at our Nissan Stadium and I am so psyched. So I hope you guys gonna have just as much fun as I'm about to have this weekend. I loved hanging out with y'all. I'll see you guys next weekend. Before you go go, check out Best Bits Part one with Lunchbox. There's some gold in there. You'll have fun listening. I promise we'll put a smile on your face.
Speaker 15: Bye.
Speaker 2: Everyone, I love you.