Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: NFL playoffs. We're talking about NFL playoffs. You bet we are getting on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL. Scoring touchdown is the key to winning NFL playoffs and the key to you scoring big betting on them at Draft Kings, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet, Try betting on something as simple as a player to score six Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Make your pick. Here's another reason to bet your favorite player to crush it in the playoffs. New customers bet five dollars, can get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly score big doing the NFL playoffs with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves, that's code money moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bet instantly when you bet just five bucks only at Draft Kings Sportsbook.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill, casino and resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dkang dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: O Joe, So now let's get back.
Speaker 2: The Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson have agreed to a deal to become the Chicago bears next head coach. Johnson has been the Lions offensive coordinator for the past three seasons, and if I'm not mistaken, I think they finish in the top five in offense each of those seasons. Who will feel the job vacated by Matt Eberflus when they fired him on November twenty nine, Johnson will be I'm the nineteenth the head coach in franch the one hundred and five year franchise existence.
Speaker 3: Ojo, do you like the high?
Speaker 1: God damn right? I like the height you God damn right. Now listen, we talked about Ben Johnson. Now this we talk about Ben Johnson that worked wonders with Jared Goff, worked wonders offensively with that offense. The creativity that is amazed all of us all season long. Now, yep, you know Dan Campbell loves to go for it on fourth down.
Speaker 3: Why do you.
Speaker 1: Think he's so confident in doing some of the things he does as a head coach because of Ben Johnson and what he's able to do. So I look at it from this standpoint. You got Jameson Williams, you got a mine Ross Saint Brown, you got the portal. Now you go to another support of cast in Chicago that different skill sets, but they get the job done very well.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You have a great quarterback, dual threat quarterback who's a little bit more mobile, a little bit more agile, can playoff script a little better than golf and Kada Williams. He's a good thrower of the ball as well. This is going to be a perfect relationship. Not only for Ben Johnson, but for Kenny william in his career, I guarantee you and I'm gonna put it out there right now, and it's gonna be a I told you so a moment when the season starts and we're about when we in about maybe week seven or week eight, and I be like I told you so, Williams being one of the top quarterbacks in the league statistically because of Ben Johnson and his creativity and its office of proudsat.
Speaker 3: I like the high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like the high. But what I don't like Chicago and New England doing that fake stuff. Bring black coaches in.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: They brought Adie George in there, and you know, look, if you you gotta take it. Yeah yeah, you know damn well they excuse excuse me, but you know, good d well, you know good, you know, good d well. You want to Ben Johnson, right, but oh Joe, hey, the rule gotta get that quote. Got the same thing in New England. New England, y'all brought two black. Y'all brought Pep Hamil to the end. Y'all brought this other black you know, good and well yeah, Viral left, which y'all know good First of all vibral left, which have been out of the league for what two years, and y'all gonna bring him in now. He ain't got no off of the court that but y'all brought him in. Yeah, and see, y'all what y'all did. The Patriots did that thing so good. They brought two of him in, brought two up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, they have to check the boxing. They got it. They gotta check the boxes, like you said, they gotta gotta meet the quota. You have to satisfy the rule that's in place that's really not working.
Speaker 3: I ain't got no te to it. And but look, I like to hire I like Ben Johnson.
Speaker 2: I like what he did. You mentioned it. He had a quarterback that's more mobile. He has a very good look. You got Roma Dunes that they took in the first round for the Bears. You got Dj Moore that you're signed to a conduct contract extension.
Speaker 3: You got Keenan Allen.
Speaker 2: I think Keenan Allen's a free agent, so you probably bring him back because.
Speaker 3: He came on strong at the end of the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's that guy that he's not as fast, is not as quick as a Amonrod the saint in the slot.
Speaker 3: But he gets it done. He got tremendous moves, he got great heads. I like it. Be the big body. He can body you know, he can body you up. So I like that. I like that.
Speaker 2: I don't really know their running back situation. You're gonna have to prove the offensive line just because that's one thing.
Speaker 3: Jada Swift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, offensive line, and you're gonna probably get better because you look at what they got and Detroit.
Speaker 3: You know, you got Penny Suwell, who was a pro bowler, all pro.
Speaker 2: You got Zeitler, you got Deck, you got Glass, now you got Decker, you got Ragged, now you got you know, Detroit has a very good offensive line. And so you're gonna have to get that up to part in Chicago. Because your quarterback took sixty plus sacks. That's too many. O yo, Yeah, that's way too many sacks. Now all of it is not on the offensive line. Caleb William gonna have to do a better job of getting ready to football. It's okay to throw it away because sometimes I think guys they get caught up. O yo, Well, I'm gonna mess of my completion percentage, bro, throw that Dawn ball away.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be taking all those hits, right, But I like the high.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they got they got money and and and CAF face that they can improve this team. I loved the hire by Ben Johnson. I got no qualms about that high.
Speaker 3: Uh. He's put his time.
Speaker 2: In as an offensive as an offensive coordinator, as an offensive coach. I think it was right. It was the right time for him to get this job. So I really I really liked the high. I'm a little surprised that he went in the same division. Uh as if farm a boss, normally they get they get away. Oh Joe. But hey, that was the best situation. I always thought that the Bears. For me, that was the best situation. That was a thailable to me. Now, I mean other people and people like the Raiders ain't over there over he ain't got no quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you understood that that was that was the best fit, especially for him and what he brings to the table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought that was the best. I thought that the Jets, you got the Jets situation. You got a lot of the stuff going on with the Jets.
Speaker 3: One of the.
Speaker 2: Whatever whatever what of the job is available O Joe the Jets was available, the Saints, the Saints. Hopefully, uh A g get the Saints or the Jets. I know, I think you know. He obviously a played with the Jets. Head he played with the Saints. Also, he was on the defensive stide. He was on Sean Payton's staff when he was at the Saints. So but hopefully he gets one of these jobs. But it's gonna be tough. Without a quarterback. You gotta find a quarterback on Joe. Without that, you don't really have a chance to have longevity.
Speaker 1: Lisa's gonna be short. Lisa is very short.
Speaker 2: If he ain't got no quarterback, well I'll leased short anyway. But anyway, that's not what's that. We're talking about that another day. Uh. But I like the High. I like Ben Johnson High. Chicago should be good. That's a very tough division. O shoe, Uh you got young. We'll we'll see what Minnesota does with Sam Donald. Uh do they move on or do they keep elevate? JJ McCarthy gonna be very interesting because you got Jordan Love, you got golf, you got Caleb Williams.
Speaker 3: So I like it. I like it.
Speaker 2: Many scouts believe the Browns will take Travis Hunter number two overall and focus on a quarterback later in the draft. A multitude a multitude of NFL scouts are reportedly of the belief that there's no way Shador Sanders would play for the Brows, even if the Browns were interested in picking him. There's reportedly thought among scouting circles that if Hunter were to go to Cleveland, he would have a Jim Brown type impact on the franchise. Brown's hole thirty third and sixty seventh overall pick, which would possibly give them a potential to select Jackson Dark, quinn Ewers, Jayaler, Monroe or Kyle McCord. This is going to be a franchise changing draft for the brown.
Speaker 3: I like it. What you're thinking, O Joe.
Speaker 1: You know their identity anyway is their defense. Honestly, until you get a quarterback at the hemp that can change the franchise right around, like James Daniels has done, like a CD Stroud is done. But can you imagine Denzel Award and god damn Travis Hunter.
Speaker 3: I don't go.
Speaker 2: I don't care if you got Denzel Ward, I don't care if you got prime Time.
Speaker 3: I don't care. If you got mail Blunt, I don't care if you got reap. I cannot score, you cannot win it.
Speaker 1: You got the build up foundation somewhere. You got to start somewhere. And it's been how long since they've had a quarterback outo Graham. But they have some good year with Bernie. You know Bernie.
Speaker 2: You know they had the car, the cardiac, the cardiac Browns with a yeah, the guy named uh Brian Site. If I'm not mistaken, I think in the eighty nineteen eighty Site was an m v P.
Speaker 3: But and you know they have they have some situation.
Speaker 2: I think it was Bernie that they went to the AFC Championship Games and they ended up losing to the Broncos. They lost twice the Broncos the AFC Championship Game. But it's been a white that's been that's been thirty plus years ago. Hell, that was before I got there. They lost. As a matter of fact, they lost to the Browns the year before I got there, So that was eighty nine. I got to the Bronco over nighted so seven years ago.
Speaker 1: Excuse me talking about putting butts in seats.
Speaker 2: They had Baker, I mean the Baker Look, they had Baker, and Baker had a couple of good years, but they didn't have the talent around and he got hurt.
Speaker 3: Uh. And like I said, Baker needed to move on. They didn't. They didn't. They didn't like And you have to accept Baker for who he is.
Speaker 2: He's cocky, he believes in his ability. I got no problem. I got no problem with that. Uh. You know, they they you know, they like when we want an adult in the in the building. But he's where Baker is where he should be, in Tampa, playing unbelievable football for a team that believes in him, players that believe in him.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe. The Bills get their revenge.
Speaker 2: The Bills defeated the Ravens twenty seven to twenty five in the dramatic finish in Buffalo, advancing to the AFC Championship Game for the first time since twenty twenty one. Heartbreaking, heartbreaking loss for the Ravens. The Bills what head to Kansas City for a rematch? Remember Kansas City went to Buffalo. I think they lost by two, Well, they lost double digits. Now the regular season doesn't matter. If Buffalo proved they lost really big, really bad to who was at the Ravens earlier this year. Derick Henry ran wild, but Buffalo gets their revenge and now they turned around and head back to Kansas City. Buffalo is the only team to beat Kansas City starters during the regular season the entire regular season in twenty twenty four. Remember O Joe, they sought their starters the last game. But at the end of the day, this game came down to turnovers and missed opportunities.
Speaker 3: Even gonna kick themselves, they turned the ball over.
Speaker 2: Lamar had two bad turnovers early in the ball game, and then this is a game that Mark Andrews is gonna want to forget. He had a couple of drops O Shoe. He had a constantly fumble and then the two point conversion. You know, in a situation like that, Ojoe, whether it's bad like that, if you bother it sober, you're not gonna catch it again because the balls too slick and you got no footing. And so once he bobbled it, you know, it was like, well, this is it, this is the opportunity. But when you you look at this game and it's another disappointing season and we can't place all of this at the feet of Lamar. I didn't think he played well early. I thought they got away from the running game too soon. Ohoe, But if you look at it coming, you look at it. Look at when they came out of the locker room in the third quarter and they got the ball.
Speaker 1: What they do with Joe right down the field running the ball right down, go ahead, right down, they got it. Can you please explain to me understanding, how do you what all season long, even with the turnovers that you did, he had the opportunity, you have opportunity. There are moments in the football game. There are moments in the playoff game. There are one, one, two, maybe three plays if that that matter, out of all the players that you run in the game, and those those those moments, those players that actually matter. They didn't capitalize on those opportunities, despite the turnovers that you had, despite the turnovers. Like, I'm not willing to blame the game on one person, I would never do that.
Speaker 3: The turnovers hurt from Lamar.
Speaker 1: One of them, one of them didn't count because it was still tell you it was, it was still tied up. And even though they can go down to score on that turnover, you still had opportunity to tie the game back up right checking in the fumble.
Speaker 3: Now, that's that's costly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that costly Andrews you have to live with that the oho because we've seen him bobble the snap. We saw him against your your Bengals. He bobbed a snap and throw a touchdown to Likely. So you're gonna have to live with him. Because I know a lot of people say, Lamar just fall on it, live to see another. But what makes him Lamar Jackson in his ability to turn a disaster into something dynamic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tonight, tonight just wasn't it. I feel I feel bad for Mark Andrews on because it was right there.
Speaker 3: It was right there.
Speaker 1: All you had to do is be able to just to secure that catch. If anything, watch it. That's that was that second and third drop. That's the second he had two drops and a fumble. Remember they pushed it out.
Speaker 2: He had a big game and the dude pushed it out and they go down and if I'm not mistaken, I think they went down and got a field goal.
Speaker 3: So that's what pushed it to an eight point game.
Speaker 1: You got to make that catch on by all means, you got to look that in you got to stay at the lasers on that ball and look it all the way. And if you got to go back to the basics, the basic fundamentals are catching the ball. You can't drop a ball in that scenario like that, because it allows you that it gives your team another chance, a second chance.
Speaker 2: Now you put it back on your defense. Now you put it back on your defense to stop them. Don't let them get in field goal range. Now Josh, Now maybe they're gonna play a little free. So now Josh is gonna probably do a little bit more running around because he has some freedom.
Speaker 3: So now he can rely on his legs.
Speaker 2: And I thought that's the thing that really helped Lamar on them, Like Buffalo didn't want to give him the big play. But the one thing you gotta do is you got keep him in the pocket. You can't let him get outside the pocket. You let him get outside the pocket. So he started off, he's running. Now he gets out side of the pocket, he hits Likely, he gets outside of the pocket, he hit Sims, he gets outside of the pocket, he hit Andrews. You can't let him get outside the pocket. Make him beat you from the pocket.
Speaker 3: Pocket.
Speaker 2: And I know it's a lot easier said than done, but you want to keep him in that box, and if he works his magic in the box on Joe, you.
Speaker 3: Just have to live with that.
Speaker 2: Take everything away, But I'm gonna take away what I know you want to do, which is get outside of the pocket and buy yourself time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean the first half the Bills played really good. They did half it looks like they bullied. They bullied the Ravens on both sides of the ball, even though when you look at it now, I'm I know I'm not blind. I know I'm not blind, and I know what I'm seeing the Ravens defensively or first and almost every statistical category. But what I saw from the Bills in the first half, it didn't seem that way.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if the conditions played a part of that. And then being successful running the ball and moving it down with the intermediate game through the past, I don't know if the conditions played any kind of part in that. But like it sucks, it sucks, it does you know?
Speaker 3: Let me tell you how.
Speaker 1: I know it sucks because I feel bad for Lamar for one, and it's how you know, I feel bad because I'm not even making of you. I'm not even making fun of you about your team losing and going on, Hey, I'm not even making fun of you because honestly, as a Bango, as much as I love my Bengals, I really thought and wanted and I can say this, I really wanted Lamar to Witness one because I know he's going to win the MVP and I wanted him to have success in the playoffs and go far, you know, into the playoffs we can get that monkey office back, so we'll get that much back. And it just didn't happen. Obviously, to turn overs play the part in it. Even though there were moments in the game where thing could have shifted in their favor and given that team a little chance and opportunity to win, it just didn't go their way.
Speaker 3: And that and that sucks.
Speaker 2: And that's what it is, oh Joe, is that we look at Lamar and we've saw we've seen Lamar this season have games where he's damn there perfect well, he has a perfect quarterback FASc rating one fifty eight point three. You can't get in the hire that and we've seen him have those games for whatever reason we have those games have come few and far between. When it matters the most. This is when it matters the most because there's finality to this. There is no tomorrow. There is no tomorrow. This great season. We got an All Pro quarterback probably gonna win his third MVP and a five year span.
Speaker 3: We got an All Pro running back.
Speaker 2: The worst runs for damn near two thousand yards now save Flywers not being in there.
Speaker 3: That hurt.
Speaker 2: But they still got two of the best tight ends. They still got. I believe they got two top ten tight ends. Nobody else can say that in the NFL.
Speaker 3: They got.
Speaker 2: You know, Marlon Humphrey maybe was the first team All Pro at the slot. Hamilton made the Pro Bowl. I think they had a defensive line Matta Beakwake made the Pro Bowl. They had another the end made the Pro Bowl. This is very disappointing. You look at the way they turned their season around, especially defensively.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, they were really good offensives.
Speaker 2: They lost some games that you're like, y'all go and y'all beat this team, but y'all lose to the Raiders.
Speaker 3: How the hell y'all lose to the Raiders.
Speaker 2: I think they lost, ended up losing, maybe ended some other team that wasn't very good, And you ask yourself how the Ravens losing to these teams with Lamar and Derrick Henry and all these weapons that they have. Is that if you go back and study Lamar and y'all can dressing up however you want to oho in the playoffs, he's had.
Speaker 3: Look at how many games that he's actually played in.
Speaker 2: The playoffs, and then look at how many multiple turnover games he's had in the playoffs. Now go back juxon post rewind it rest play, look at the regular season, all of it starts.
Speaker 3: Look at how many multiple turnover games.
Speaker 2: Not nearly so damn near every game that he damn near every game, but two thirds of the games that he's played in the playoffs, he's turning the ball over. When you turn the ball over, not only do you don't give yourself to still get play out the playoff to play, you give them possessions. So now they take you off the field because they're really not like a turnover defense on show. Thy can occasionally, but they don't really like take the ball away like the old Raven points on the board with it. But now all of a sudden, Instead of you know, seven, eight, nine, ten plays where you could have something to hang your hat on, you only get three plays because you've turned the ball over. And that's what it's hurting Lamar. And I know it's like he's like, man, help we go again. I have to don't let anybody tell you. I know you're gonna say now that yes, it does because you know what happened last year, you had two turnovers, and you had two turnovers in the first half this year, so you're playing all of a sudden, it's going through your mind and everybody's thinking the same thing in Baltimore. And we go again, Lamark, because think about it, O Joe the man only had four interceptions being tied year season, so he plays eighteen games, eighteen plus eighteen plus wonder he didn't turn the ball over against Fiftsburgh, so he played eighteen games with four interceptions. And then you come out here and have another interception, and then I think you have I mean, had another fumble.
Speaker 3: He just has to let and I want him.
Speaker 2: To get over this so bad because it's a very disappointing season. Because like I said, oh Joe, you and I both believe he's about to be a three time league MVP.
Speaker 1: Is he is, He's gonna win it. He's gonna win because what he did during the regular season, you can't take it away from him. You can't because it was a special season.
Speaker 3: It just was.
Speaker 1: He has to understand and listen. I know Lamar already knows. When you go into the when you go into the postseason, and if you look at when you've made it before and you've lost, you've lost. The one thing that the turnovers, you make it that much difficult. You put your team behind eight ball when when you turn the ball over, and you say it all the time ONNK, you play, you paid double for.
Speaker 3: The You pay double.
Speaker 1: You paid double for him, even though you had a chance to come back. Now everything else has to go well or damned it perfect to get yourself back in the game.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: And if you look at look at Joe Flacco, Joe Flacco is not a third of the quarterback but can't playoff time. Oh yeah, Joe Flaccos supposed to had have been the two Super Bowls. He hit Lee Evans in the hand and had the Patriots beat and he dropped it, not it and then we know he went on the road. He went on the road and beat Peyton in his house. He went on the road and beat Tom in his house. And he went and he won a Super Bowl and he had Tom beat again in his house. Yeah, Joe Flacco played a buck. You would think, Joe, you like, hold on, wait a minute, the hell you doing this in the playoff for you don't look nothing like this in the regular season. They just call him Joe Joe Flacco, that's Joe Montana. Yeah, Protect, it's just the opposite with Lamar. I don't I don't know what it is, Ojo. I don't know if he's putting too much pressure. I don't know if it's a mental hurdle. But for the turnovers. You go back and look at his first playoff game against the Titans in the divisional round. He turned the ball over. He played, Remember, and the next year he goes on the road to play Buffalo. He throws a hundred plus yard interception. He comes back. Last year he had two interceptions. Zay Flowers had Again, Jay Flowers interception with turnover was costly because they.
Speaker 3: Was like at the one yard line.
Speaker 2: You would like to think, o Jo, where he fumbled in the end zone, so you like to think, o Jo, they're gonna get points out of that, maybe a touchdown, and then Mark Andrew's driving again. He punches it out to drop pass from a two point conversion. It's just tough because they're gonna put this a yeah. Uh yeah, he dropped the ball, Mark and you didn't play a good game. But they're gonna place this at the feet of Lamar because he's the best player. He's gonna be the guy who's gonna win the MVP, not Mark Andrews, not anybody else.
Speaker 1: But listen, he won the MVP right, not only what he was able to do with his legs, but also his supporting casts. Yes, supporting gas you know, and you need to support and caves to show up for you all the time, as much as you'd like to.
Speaker 3: Now, Listen, the onus is on.
Speaker 1: You as a quarterback. You know, when you win, you get the praise. When you lose, they're gonna let you have it. But your supporting cast has to come in for you, especially in times like this and taxation.
Speaker 3: They have to. They have to.
Speaker 2: If oh Joe, if it was a situation where you know they're going back and forth, and all of a sudden somebody fumbled the ball and Lamar had one of those had one of those days where he's like five touchdowns and he doesn't turn the ball over, but somebody else gets stripped or somebody, you know, ball caroms out there hand like, hey, I don't know that's Lamar. Y'all want Lamar to do? The man had five touchdown passes. He didn't have a turnover. That was the receiver got it pulled out. That was the running back to fumbled the ball. But these situations, O joe. They had three turnovers tonight that matched their total from the last seven games.
Speaker 1: That's that's crazy. That's crazy. And conditions, we can't make your excuses. Yeah, hell, the weather's bad at Baltimore. Like, oh Joe, oh the weather bro? Do you Baltimore? What's the weather like in Baltimore? Cleveland? What's the weather like in Cleveland? Cincinnati? What's the weather like in Cincinnati, Pittsburgh? What's the weather like? Baltimore played bad weather games, news flash. And they don't play in a dome.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: If you didn't know better, we're gonna talk about this game a little later. If I didn't tell you. If you didn't know the RAMS was in LA, you would think, hold on, how's Matthew Stafford throwing the ball like this? How they doing what they do with it? They're not supposed to be able to do like this. Certain in California they play in a dome. Arizona is in a dome, right.
Speaker 3: This It sucks.
Speaker 2: Lamar Jackson O Joe has played eight playoff games, eight He's had multiple turnover in half of them.
Speaker 1: Damn from from a from a playoff standpoint, and the chances chances at Lombardy right, what is the window of opportunity for the Ravens while they have while while they have the team that they have right now, what is there? What do you think the window of opportunity for the me is to actually get to a chip.
Speaker 3: As long as they got Lamart has still got a chance no matter what, you know.
Speaker 1: The funny thing, even with the other teams getting better, even even with other teams getting better in the AFC, in the NFC, they will still not be another Lamar jack.
Speaker 3: It won't.
Speaker 1: So it always gives you that hope. It always gives you that chance in the back of your mind, even as a Raisin even as a reason a Ravens fan. You know, for those that are you in the chat, that are watching, you have to You're always going to be in contention because not only an other team getting better. You know, your owner, your GMS, your coaches have one job as well. Continue to put pieces around Lamar, to make sure that you have a chance to to get back to this point, to get back to an AFC championship at one point, to be able to play in the Super Bowl, you know, and improve your team.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you a question? Talk to me?
Speaker 2: How many times do you take the pretty girl lot and you don't get nothing before you stop?
Speaker 3: Three? Okay? Three?
Speaker 2: Because that's what I mean, that's the pretty girl? Yeah, Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 3: Is that? I mean? Three time League MVP, All Pro? I mean, think about it.
Speaker 2: Lamar Jackson is the first quarterback to be a three time First team a three time All Pro quarterback in his first seven He's the first think about all the quarterbacks Hayton, Tom Aaron Rodgers, John Elway, Damn Marino, name of quarterback none, It's done what Lamar Jackson has done.
Speaker 3: He's a three times first team All Pro quarterback in his first seven years. That's crazy when you think about it.
Speaker 1: That's just how dynamic is specially young.
Speaker 2: Bon Tama, Young brat Farre name of quarterback, all your great quarterbacks. The wonder is what Tom Brady. Tom Brady's only been a three time first team quarterback three times in twenty three seasons. Twenty two seasons. Have a long he's played, He's a three times. Lamar Jackson has done that three times in his first seven years. About to be a three time. He's about to have more MVPs in his first seven years than any quarterback. But at the end of the day, O Joe, you know, house more in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: But that's what they see, so they judge the quarterbacks off anyway.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: No other player, really, no other player gets judged off the playoffs like the quarterback does because that's why that's how he makes That's how he makes his money. That's how that's how he makes his name. If you want to be look, you could be great, but if you want to be iconic, playoffs are where it's at. Kobe Bird, Magic, Jordan's Brawn, Iconic, Shock Montana, rice My Holmes, Brady.
Speaker 1: It puts conic and puts you into another stratosphere and puts you into another conversation. The conversation is separate you from everybody else. Oh, there have been a lot of NFL players in the NFL. There's been a lot of NFL quarterbacks in the NFL. But you become iconic, and.
Speaker 3: I think it's so oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Players coaches, general manager's front office over twenty five thousand, damn twenty five thousand, twenty five thousand. Yeah, Now you talk about the Hall of Fame that I think it's less than four hundred. But when you talk about historic and iconic players, Lamar Jackson has an opportunity that when you talk about the NFL, you cannot mention anything about the NFL and quarterbacks with I say in l Jack's Nameea, that's what he has an opportunity to do.
Speaker 1: You know, you know it's funny and even now, even at this point with no super Bowl, with no Super Bowl, you can't talk about the story of the quarterbacks, about the entirety of the NFL without mentioning his name. Now, so imagine what happens when he gets over the hump, because you can't the story, you can't tell the story of quarterbacks based on what he's done. Once he wins his MVP without mentioning his name, but what now.
Speaker 3: You win the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: When the Bradys and the Montanas and the Mahomes having a discussion.
Speaker 3: Let me roll my a. Which y'all guy's talking about. I'm at the table, o't choke? Yeah? Oh yeah, I'm at the table. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Damn man.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's special. All it takes is one.
Speaker 2: And I've said this, I believe if he can get one, and I hate using the caveat if, but if he can just get one, I believe the floodgates are open. I believe the fludgates. So I believe the floodgates for Lamar Jackson will open.
Speaker 3: And boy it's hard. I mean, you think about it.
Speaker 2: Marino was twenty three, went to the Super Bowl, won the MVP, and never been back.
Speaker 3: It took I mean John went, John went.
Speaker 2: I think John came in with twenty one, eighty three, eighty forty five, eighty six. He went to the Super Bowl in eighty six with in eighty seven, went back at eighty nine.
Speaker 3: Ain't win it.
Speaker 2: John won the Super Bowl in fifteen years sixteen. That's Kelly number one. Moon number one. I mean, think about it. They were killing Steve Young. Steve Young was winning the MVPs just like Lamar. Yeah, it wasn't until he won that Super Bowl he got that bear off his back.
Speaker 1: Once you get that monkey off you, hey, look at you read. You ever ran the four hundred. Of course, you know what it's like when you come when you're coming off that that that that that nerve on that three hundred.
Speaker 3: Yeah, monkey, that monkey jump on your back coming down that stree right away.
Speaker 2: Yep, all right, And that's and that's what it takes, all Lamar, that's what that's Steve Young. He had to get that. He had to get that one right, get that one.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Every team has played in an NFC Championship game since the Cowboys last went to the NFC Championship Game. You got a a You got Dan Quinn with a rookie quarterback in the NF Championship game. Kellen Moore is calling plays in the NFC Championship Game his first year there.
Speaker 1: Who do you think the problem is in Dallas? I'm just curious, chat chat, can you who do you think the problems problem is in Dallas? Because everyone that leaves Dallas and goes somewhere else. They seem to have found success for finding success.
Speaker 3: To the problem.
Speaker 1: Hm, I'm I'm just asking, and I'm curious what the chat would say.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, you know, Mike McCarthy got tired of Kellen Moore getting a little shine. Oh you know, he wanted to run the ball to he wanted to pass the ball too much. And Lloyd behold, he get he get Kelling more out there, and he throws the ball more than what Kellen Moore did with Keller Moore was calling the plays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody who I would.
Speaker 1: Like to see be the Dallas coach. I know we've heard the rumblings about Prime going there, and I'm not sure if that would work that situation, because Prime would be the one to take all the spotlight away from Jerry all the tremendously you don't want. I think Dak and Chad might might not agree with me, but I think Dak and Ceedee Lamb and the rest of the supporting cast offensively would do very well with Ben Johnson and his creativity, you know, with that with that offense, and being the fact that with Ben Johnson they would score be somewhere statistically in the top.
Speaker 3: Five when to come to scoring. I don't know. I just like it.
Speaker 1: I just think someone like Ben Johnson being in Dallas haven't been not only being the head coach but also controlling and doing the play calling as well.
Speaker 2: You can't, Oh Joe, because he's like al n They had to get out the sheet. Al needed to know what she was running. We're not gonna get into that, oh Joe. In fact, seven Dallas assistant coach just from twenty two or twenty three will be participating how many in the NFC Championship Game.
Speaker 3: Seven?
Speaker 2: The last championship game appears for the Dallas Cowboys was nineteen ninety five the Bears. Every team has been in the NFC Championship Game except the Cowboys in the two thousands, even the Bears, the Giants Wonder Super Bowl, the Seahawks, Carolina, Arizona Falcons, Minnesota Saints, Packers, Tampa Rams, forty nine Ers, Detroit, the Commanders, and the Eagles.
Speaker 1: Do you think Jerry knows this or he doesn't pay it no mind, Oh Choe.
Speaker 2: If you could, if you could do whatever you wanted to do and make three hundred million, or you could do it the right way. Make three hundred million, but you're not gonna get no credit. Jerry wants credit. That ain't that's what Jerry wants. Ain't working. It's not working.
Speaker 3: He doesn't. Didn't that man tell you he bought this team, he bought this occupation. Yeah, but he told you that, o Jo.
Speaker 1: The point of buying occupation is for one so you can succeed and win at it, not just buy it to tear it down or not just why it and be losing.
Speaker 2: I want to do it. I want to work on my I want to work on my own car. It didn't won't ever crank. Instead of me taking the too, instead of me taking to an auto technicians still be taking a too. Because you know, we got to be politically correct. We can't say mechanic anymore. Got to say auto technician. Uh no, now they cause you know, people say, oh, let's give him a problem technicians shade treads mechanic. But in that situation, man, it's I mean, look at this with a rookie quarterback. Dan Quinn stayed longer than what he probably should because he thought he was gonna get the Dallas job. He was gonna be willing to four goal give up of himself. We saw dan Quinn get to the Atlanta Falcons to the Super Bowl, have a twenty eight to three lead, so.
Speaker 3: He can coach.
Speaker 2: He can coach, but nobody Ben Johnson is not gonna be Ben Johnson in Dallas. He needs to go somewhere where he's gonna have control. It looks like all indication is pointing to the Raiders. I wouldn't be surprised within the next two to three days he's going to the Raiders.
Speaker 3: We don't got no quarterback.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about week.
Speaker 3: He doesn't want to.
Speaker 2: He listen a lot of times, guys don't want to be in a situation with Detroit, a guy that gave him a start. I don't really want to be in that situation, dan Quinn say. I don't care. Dan Quinn said, I'm tired of this. You You're gonna make something happen for you, boy, and you ain't doing so. Guess what, I'm gonna go ahead and beach ass.
Speaker 3: I'm just seeing there.
Speaker 2: The Eagles defeated the Rams twenty eight to twenty two. Philadelphia advances to the NFC Championship Game for the second time in three years. They will host the Commanders next Sunday in an all NFC East clash. Saquon rush for two whole five. Remember he had two fifty five the first game. This the second time this season he's exceeded to the yards rush against the Rams.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: The majority of the yard ist came on two carries. He had a seventy eight yarder. He had a sixty two yarder. Jalen Hurt suffered his knee injury in the second half, but was able to finish the game. Oh ho, you and I talked last night. I'm not gonna let Saquan beat me. Yeah, if Jalen Hurst throw, If Jalen Hurst throws for an efficient two hundred and fifty yards three touchdowns, I walked to the Miller field a good luck next week. Whoever y'all play against the Commanders. Man, you're head of a player. That's what I do.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna let sat Quan beat me, and I'll be damn it.
Speaker 2: They didn't let sat Quan beat them.
Speaker 1: You have to remember, right, we got late, we got Lane Johnson, you got lane across the board. The average as far as Wade Wade goes. But the Rams offensive defensive line is undersize. They're on the side. They tried. They had some moments where they were to contain Saquon, but at some point, you keep chopping that wood, at some point it's gonna break. At some point it's going to crack. And that's exactly what happened due to them being so under size up front. Even even if you stack at nine in the box, you know, once they come off the ball.
Speaker 3: They bullying them boys up front. They definitely did that. They bullied them.
Speaker 1: Up front, so it looked and it takes so much press off Jaden. It takes so much press off. Jaden hurts too. It takes so much press off because you don't have to do much because Saquon is carrying the load. Same situation over there in Baltimore. Put the ball in your bell cow's hands and let them take the game over for you.
Speaker 2: But but Philly never got away from that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they didn't. They did, That's the.
Speaker 2: Problem, Ojo. Baltimore got away from it for our quarter. Why and you look at I played they had sat Quan got stopped, but you let him get that hole and he stepped to the side.
Speaker 3: Pieced about. You know what's so funny did.
Speaker 1: He picked them small steps when he's running and is faster than every damn body. And let me get.
Speaker 3: The thing else. He's quick. The thing else. He has great balance.
Speaker 2: If you look at the cross over his step, like they give him the ball and he steps outside and.
Speaker 3: When he sees a crease, he.
Speaker 1: Gone here and he hit it. He hit it, and he hit another gift.
Speaker 3: He stepped on it.
Speaker 2: Man, the first one that he he stepped on it gone the seventy eight yard old Joe. He's like out of there and that was just a joe. That wasn't a talk, that was just a head dog off. Yeah, and then he crosses over boom and he exploded. Uh. A pair of fumbles on back the back drive set the Rams back significantly. The Matthew Stafford had La in the red zone. I thought that La was gonna do it because poking the court made a heck of a catch over a sleigh or Darius Slay with a chance. And then on fourth down, but oh, Joe, I'm looking at there was some muscommunication with the center and the right guard because on back to back places you turned Jalen Carter Carter, I don't know what I'm not I'm not going away from him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I'm not going away from center.
Speaker 1: The center look right, and the guard slid to the right, and then he went to the left and then tried to come back, and by the time he came back, he was sacking Stafford. I'm like, young.
Speaker 2: Boss, bro, why would you do? Listen, Hey, y'all hand that over there. I got to worry about this one. Yeah, this is the one that I gotta work. He's the one and they did it. He did it again on fourth down. I'm trying to figure out, like, Bro, I'm not listening on a defense O Joe. Yeah, if you got Riggie White, if you got Bruce, you got lt everybody on the offensive line, defensive line, because you're in the league. But I'm not a It's like, it's like a d why would you do Why would you slide? Why would you double someone else other than Aaron Donald? Why would you double someone else other than JJ Watt?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: Fact?
Speaker 2: Jaylen Carter And he's the most he's the most disrupted right now. And I said this if he ever got in shape, because I saw him in college.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not his last year. Last year he was bull driving. But when he hunger and motivated.
Speaker 2: And I think he's motivated now because he's got some He's an All Pro, he's a Pro Bowl player. Oh Joe, If in the next three years he's not a defensive Player of the Year, I ain't talking about a candidate. I'm saying that the defensive player of the year where they tell it called his name, defensive Player of the Year is Jaylen Carter.
Speaker 3: He should be disappointed. Yeah, that's the capability this young man had.
Speaker 2: He's explosive, he can play the run, he's disruptive, he can pressure your quarterback. He punched the ball out because he had a great a one hand on the and punched the.
Speaker 3: Ball out of Kyd Williamsvan.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, he has all the tools. Now he should be thinking. Man, hell, I'm thinking, I'm thinking Hall of Fame. I'm thinking they need to start getting me ready for the size fifty two, a fifty four jacket.
Speaker 3: He has that kind of ability, does he does? He know it? Though?
Speaker 1: Now if he can channel all that and understand how great he is or how good he is, now it's all about him understanding what you can see watch it from home. We can see the greatness in ing.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's special.
Speaker 1: He got to understanding and funnel all that energy into his craft he can be so he can be one of the best to ever do it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He showed up. So he's so quick off the ball, Joe for a man his size. Man his size ain't supposed to be that kind of explosive.
Speaker 1: Not this first step is not supposed to be that fast.
Speaker 3: And he powerful. I don't I don't know if he's weight room strong lo show.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he can bench five hundred pounds and squall that, But I'm talking about football strength to take a man. I said, that's that's the way you could tell somebody. Can you move a man against his will?
Speaker 3: His will? Yeah? I knew you're gonna say that.
Speaker 2: Can you move him against his will? When he said, man, I ain't going nowhere? The hell you say? You get up this plot of land.
Speaker 3: I think about it.
Speaker 1: I got three defensive tackles, right, three three differ three defensive tackles that were not only weight room strong, but on the field it showed up as well, and then their their first step quick as hell. Now watching Jalen Carter, he's one that's that's been able to do it. Aaron Donald waiting room strong. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah quickness, a technical savage with a quick with a quick step. I got two more for you though.
Speaker 3: Who do you got Remember Big Sam Adams? Oh yeah, I remember I played with I played with him.
Speaker 1: Man, Big Sam had one of the one of the quickest first steps man to be that size, but also weight room shown and take the cake. The only man I've ever seen put forty fives on the bitch bar to where it's it's no room left and you can't put them on there with the quickest first step as well, that God damn Vince wolfolk man. And then he up under the bench talking and holding the conversation, and with all the place the bar bended. Wow, why ain't even straight no more? He got all the forty five from there. I don't even know how much it was having people in the chat. If you know, if you lift weights, you could tell me, Please tell me how much will you have all the forty fives on the bitch bar where you can't you can't put them on there? He holding the conversation with me, we in the weight room. He talking to me and slow, I'm not talking about bringing it down and coming back up right away.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about slow. What the hell you beat? What? I love?
Speaker 2: Hey watching him, you know obviously, uh, watching Jalen Carter. Like I said, I was disappointed in him because I thought he bull jobed his last year.
Speaker 3: You know, he's gonna be a top pick. Uh.
Speaker 2: The Eagles got a bargain. The Eagles should have never been able to get him at ten. But he had some he had some issues, he had some red flags, got a couple of you know, some trouble with the law and speeding and the situation, got himself into some trouble. But he's supposed to have been the number one overall pick. That's how good he is. That's how good he is. That's that's the accountability that he has. And I and I think now he's starting to learn it. Hopefully Fletcher Fletcher Cox, who was uh was there and retired. Hopefully he got an opportunity to talk to him, said, son, you can be Look, you got Reggie wife's potential. Everybody knows what Reggie the Minister of the defense. Everybody know what Reggie was. Reggie brought it every game, every play, whether he was in Philly, Uh, he was in Green Bay.
Speaker 3: He retired, came back for his last year, played one year in Carolina.
Speaker 2: People don't realize that Regie play the year in Carolina because he you know, he had at that point in time, I think he had retired him with his wife Sarah had we got a place on Lake Norman man Jalen Carter. This Eagles team is gonna be a Everybody thought they was gonna be going to Detroit. There's like, no, we got the FC. We got the NFC championship game on our field, and we gotta team. It's gonna be a great game. It's gonna be a great game because both games were close. Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Both games were close, don't you Uh?
Speaker 2: They won by eight on their field, and then Washington ended up winning uh in that last and sudden death wasn't overtime, but they ended up winning on the last second when he threw that touchdown pass like four or five seconds. And the thing with Washington is because of their quarterback, ohho, they believe they got a chance because look how many games that they won on the last possession, the last throw of the game. So we don't believe we're out of any game as long as we got that guy. It's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 1: I wonder what, I wonder what the weather. I wonder what the weather's gonna be like. But you know in d C, D d C CO, Yeah, DC and Justice cold, Philly just as cold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh, you'll get, you probably get, you probably get. I mean it started the.
Speaker 2: Game, look at the field, how it looked like, oh, it's just gonna be cold. And next thing, you know, no snow. Yeah, so it's it's probably gonna be that next week, same thing.
Speaker 3: Oh joe. Uh.
Speaker 2: Eagles fans showed up outside the Rams team hotel today and started trash talking the players this morning. This comes after l a's Jed Verse said last week that he hates Philly and all their fans. Jalen Carter approached Verse pre game order to put the championship game bonus on the line.
Speaker 1: Verse declined, yeah, listen, Urse might have burse might have talked this trash, but boy did it well. He showed up today on.
Speaker 3: Well he gonna be defensive Rookie of the Year. He showed up to day.
Speaker 1: He Verse showed up to day as much as much as that's that's listened as a team. The team didn't win, but when you talk trash like that before a game.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: He backed it all up. Oh yeah, he backed it all up with his play. He was all over the place. He was gay jaylen Hurst, Hell.
Speaker 3: Hey, I like it.
Speaker 2: I like jay La Carter, Jayla Corsay, you call it put your put your bone, put your money out.
Speaker 3: That I was your playing, No man, I was your playing on your bad Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know as a rookie, ain't putting that money on the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I mean, what did it get? Seventy seven grand? But when it whining today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody. You know, when you get to the playoffs, everybody checking.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, y'all. I don't like I don't like that. I'm taking a play cut because I know my check. I know my check looked like in the regular season, and y'all get me what it was. First of all, it wasn't near this that I played, So you could just imagine what I went to that I was I retired twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: O your soul, you could know the checks wasn't nowhere near this.
Speaker 2: Uh So I definitely would have been would the bet, Oh, I would have bet like h Green Bay because they were talking that ish or I definitely would have bet all them.
Speaker 3: Bumps.
Speaker 2: I definitely would have bet all them for sure. Uh man, it's gonna be. It's gonna be a great game. It's gonna be. I don't know who had this. If you who had Washington and Philly on your Bengo card in the NFC Championship.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of teams had, but they might have had Philly. They might have had Philly in it exactly, but not Washington.
Speaker 2: No, everybody either had Kansas City. You had some combination Kansas City, Buffalo, Kansas City, Baltimore, Baltimore Buffalo. That was the combination that you had in the AFC.
Speaker 3: Mm hm.
Speaker 2: So I don't think anybody's surprised that we see Buffalo in Kansas City. I think there's a lot of people in shock. Other than people like you know, uh earthquake quake. As a big Washington fan, you know, uh uh uh. There are a lot of people that that are that are that are Commander fans that grew that. Like, man, man, I'm tired of this losing somebody. I think somebody asked me today, man, we got a chance. I'm like, yeah, you got a chance as a football game. But I wasn't gonna putting no money on Washington, not against Detroit.
Speaker 1: The volume