Speaker 1: Worrying.
Speaker 2: Today's episode contained spoilers for the sixth episode of Pluribus Maybe plus.
Speaker 3: Hello Jason Too, and I'm Mercy Night.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to actually Vite.
Speaker 2: In the podcast movie Dive pet A Favorite Shows, Movies, comics of pop culture company revi Our podcasts, We're here. It was a week plus use on seven plus News.
Speaker 4: In today's episode, we are talking about Pluribus one oh six HDP. There are gonna be some serious reveal guys, so if you haven't watched, to make sure you watch it before we jump right in.
Speaker 5: And a quick delectable reminder.
Speaker 4: We'll have a couple of shore Us stocking stuffer episodes for you this holiday season to help cover some more fun topics we can't hit during our normal episodes.
Speaker 5: Keep an eye an air out for them later this month.
Speaker 2: But first up, Pluribus episode six HDP. It's a de Bay Carol drives to Vegas to see Diabate and Diabate let me tell you he's making the post invasion Hive mind world seem pretty good.
Speaker 5: I would be living like him.
Speaker 2: He's living like a James Bond meets Elvis in a Heineken commercial kind of lifestyle. Doing make them up, doing little improvs where like he's James Bond and he's got to beat some you know, arms dealer at no limit hold them and they're betting four million dollars a hand, and it's it's fun for him. He's having a great time. When Carol approaches, though, the party kind of ends because all the hive mind folks are like, hey, we gotta go.
Speaker 5: She's annoying us out, Like, let's just yeah, she's a.
Speaker 1: Little scary, it's a little annoying.
Speaker 2: She blew up one of us with a grenade and then gave one of us a heart attack, and then we all started crying worldwide, and it's just too much. So I know, we were about it seemed like we're about to get it into like an orgy here.
Speaker 1: With you and the jacuzzi Diabate, including the cleaning staff.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna have to shut that down for now now and because Carol's coming. Carol gets there, but before she can tell Diabate her shocking discovery that you know, if from the walk in freezer, which is just like heads and arms and legs and basically the high mind's eating people. He's like, oh, you mean the high minding people think, yeah, watch this video by John.
Speaker 5: Cena incredible, incredible drop.
Speaker 4: Sina On behalf of the hive mind, tells Carol what's going on. Basically, there are you know, seven billion hive mind and since due to biological rules, they can't kill a living thing, even plants, which means the hive mind is steadily starving food left over in storage, fruits, vegetables that fall on the ground, and I guess you know, all meat and stuff that are ready to milk or dye are naturally the.
Speaker 5: Main food sources they can interact with.
Speaker 4: That supply is earmarked though for Carol and other survivors, and they will always receive the best of that. But there's a lot of caloric deficit to make up. Thus the people protein HDP HDP, which honestly it's giving soil and green. We did get it, soil and green. We did get this right, guys. But I trust me to have something up his sleeve.
Speaker 5: It's peep.
Speaker 4: Carol, she is left reeling and she's basically then learns that all the survivors apart from Paraguay Guy, have been basically in a group chat because Carol is the annoying person you don't want in the group chat, and they don't want her in there. She's aggressive, she's toxic, and Diabarte's basically like bro. The hive mind has about ten years before they starve to death. So me and the other survivors have been trying to figure out solutions, robots to pick food like, they've actually been coming up with plans. Carol is her and being left out, but apparently it went to vote and buy democratic decree.
Speaker 5: Absolutely no one likes her and I don't.
Speaker 1: Buy it is a brutal, brutal beat for Carol.
Speaker 2: So Carol goes to sleep like in the bathroom, like on a big, big couch. This, you know, Diabate suite is like every room is the size of a house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the bathroom couch always reminds me of like if you go into like a fancy Nordstrom or something, they always have like a women's bathroom and you're like, why is there a couch here?
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I'm into it. It was giving Diabarte, you.
Speaker 2: Know, in true Vince Gilgen style, Tay is a hedonist, but he's like very kind. There's something else. There's a softness to him. There's a generosity weird weirdly to him as well as this kind of like you know, over the top lifestyle. And he puts a blanket on her and the next day he makes breakfast and Carol tries to stick around by being by kind of like you know, as a test balloon and be like, maybe I'll hang around Vegas, like get my own sweet somewhere, and she can tell by his body language that he's like, I don't need that, so so she's like, Aha, just kidding, I'm gonna go back to Albert. I can't wait to get back to albertquer.
Speaker 5: Go'll be great. I love it that, I love it. Things are guy great and they're fucking awesome.
Speaker 2: Carol, meanwhile, is still obviously hostile to the heart hive mind, doesn't really care about the starvation issue, basically saying like that's their fault for doing this, uh, and is still totally dedicated to figuring out like a solution to this infection. And she points out to Debat what happens anyway when they figured out how to infect us and now Diabate drops a fucking bomb that apparently the Hive mind only figured out yesterday that they need stem cells from a survivor in order to infect them to tailor the virus directly towards their DNA and.
Speaker 1: Their stem cells.
Speaker 2: But to harvest the stem cells they would need consent and if they and if a person won't give consent, then they can't do it and how And Carol's like what, So she calls the timeline number to get to to basically confirm this, and the Hive Mind confirm it and that's it. And then as Carol is leaving, Diabaate is like, let the Hive Mind come back. Can you just chill out so they can you know, they'll come back, and Soshi wants to see you, and you know, they want to see you basically, and Carol's like, fuck them, fuck.
Speaker 5: Them, I know.
Speaker 4: I'm like, make up your mind, babe. Three days earlier, Paraguay Guy finally finds the frequency on which the Hive Mind appeared to be wi fiing. He also opens Carol's a little special video package and learns that the Hive Mind cannot lie and are not really a threat as they're totally nonviolent and will agree to whatever you say. He finally leaves his bunker goes to collect some stuff and eat. He gets his car ready, gathers some stuff, lots of spy maps.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's breaks.
Speaker 4: He is definitely a spy of some kind or some kind of like special preppers, preppers something. Definitely he's ready, and he's obviously going to visit Carol.
Speaker 5: His mum meets him on the street, but he.
Speaker 4: Is hostile to her, saying it's not really his mum, it's obviously a hive mind. And this is I thought, such a great Vince moment where he's like, actually, my mom was fucking mean and horror most and would never have been fucking nice to me, So don't come to me with this bullshit fate. That is the first sign of the more sinister side. I think of what they're doing is this kind of reprogramming that means, even if you are not involved, they are going to try and restructure your life in a way that's like happier. I think that that moment for me was the first moment where I was like, oh, that's really bleak. Like your abusive mom comes up to you in the street and she's.
Speaker 5: Like, hey, don't leave, I love you.
Speaker 4: It's like, no, go away, don't do that, like, you're not winning me over to the hive mind.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 1: Well, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 2: Then let's bring super producer he and then to discuss.
Speaker 1: This episode, and we're back.
Speaker 2: Let's tap in Ian super producer ian Ian, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 1: What did you think of this episode?
Speaker 6: Fantastic episode. I think this might have been my favorite of the season so far. Between a lot of big information reveals that we're given this episode, the John Cena cameo I thought.
Speaker 1: Was excellent, so good.
Speaker 6: He's having a huge year, He's having a massive Isn't.
Speaker 4: That exactly who you would expect aliens to get to? Yes, I was, yeah, you like, oh, John Cena says, this is okay, okay.
Speaker 6: Right, like the guy with the most makeup wash grants ever, Like, yeah, I'll trust him, yeah, you know. And then also just some of the cinematography to the shots of the Vegas streets empty, you know. I know that's like a common trope in a lot of these kind of survival shows and movies, but it's always super impressive to me when you see these huge urban cores completely empty and abandoned like that. And like you mentioned last week, you know, like the liminal spaces and things, and just seeing these really densely crowded places completely abandoned. I think those are those kinds of shots are always super interesting.
Speaker 4: I think Vince did a just quickly, just did an incredible job with those shots, because oftentimes I feel like nowadays you think about blade around of twenty forty nine or something compared to your twenty eight days later, they always feel very cig But I was absolutely like they must have gone out there and shot at like three in the morning and closed off certain parts of the road or something, because it just looked incredible. I love the little extra mile that he is going to make this feel real.
Speaker 5: Is really selling this and settling the show for me.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about Carol's air quotes, discovery, her reveal to Diabate, and then basically her discovery of how actually complete her isolation is, because I found that to be such a fun way to twist these revelations around and adding another dimension to them and kind of like underlining the basic theme, which is Carol weirdly is kind of like her own enemy and yes, yes, mission to try and save the world. I thought that was so well done. To your point that John Cena thing was perfect. And the thing that I love about this episode is how I'm sitting there going, well, I guess you know the high Mine have a point, right.
Speaker 3: What did you do?
Speaker 6: I mean, that's what I want to get into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, let's get into that.
Speaker 4: Vince Gilligan has basically like taken a trope that we all thought is.
Speaker 5: A dangerous trope to play with, which is the unlikable woman.
Speaker 4: Right right, But then he turned it into a searing kind of take on like main character syndrome and how like being obsessed with your own version of what the world needs to be and not being in community with even the twelve people you can still be in community with the fact that she is essentially the last person on earth who's been kept out of the group chat is like such a horrifically yeh crifically millennial thing. Ian talk a little bit more about the way that Vince is building that stuff in because that isolation level is so painful.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I think this when Carol learns the truth about the HGP and how you know she's the last one essentially to find out that it's basically her own fault for choosing to isolate herself and be so antagonistic. Yes, not only towards the hive mind, but towards the other survivors as well. You know, if she had just taken the time to ask a few more questions or be a little bit more curious, she probably would have learned this information earlier, just like Diabat did you know again? He was like, well, I asked them, like, why are you guys drinking milk all the time?
Speaker 2: And so they explained it to him because they can't lie exactly. His note that well, you know, some of our non English speakers, they were offended. And I think that there's there's so many interesting levels to this. There's the one level from the other survivor's perspective of like I can imagine being Diabaate or being someone else who's like, Okay, obviously this is concerning and there's a lot of downsides to this, But I'm also gonna, you know, I'm gonna enjoy this because why not. And two, it's got to be pretty off putting for some like white American survivor to be like, hey, everybody, listen to me.
Speaker 5: That's what we're saying.
Speaker 2: First of all, you're gonna have to listen to me in English, and second of all, we're doing this, we're saving the world. And the other level that I keep thinking about, especially in this episode of thinking a lot about it, is like, how much of this do you think is recall the reaction to the really misogynistic reaction to Skyler and Breaking Bad, where it's like, oh, it's Skyle was so boring and she's such a nag, And it's like when she was just reacting basically how a normal person would react if they discovered their husband was like a fucking major drug dealer.
Speaker 4: She kept her family going as well, like there's something to that. Yeah, how much of this is him saying he's gonna make a skylaw?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Vince saying, oh you want you want a woman who you don't like, who you like?
Speaker 6: You want?
Speaker 3: Is here we go?
Speaker 1: You're gonna get in now?
Speaker 5: Oh you really?
Speaker 4: I love that take, Jason, because I do think the Skyla conversation was such a and it's still honestly, there's probably still someone to write a book about that that we haven't even read yet about all of it. So I love that Vince as a re as like a reaction to Breaking Bad, making Carol like this.
Speaker 5: I also think that he is doing a masterclass.
Speaker 4: And this is the sort of thing where I think his way of subverting these stories maybe even takes a little while for people to clock onto, including like myself, right, because I think you make a character like this, you make a character like Carol, it's meant to be about redemption, or it's meant to be about unlikability, but like it's meant to be about her trauma. And but what he's doing is he's giving us all of that, and he has managed to make Carol an empathetic person to a point, But now he's saying, what is it like to be around that person? Like you can be as empathetic as you want. But like also Diabarte, like who is still trying to deal with everything Carol's dealing with and he's chosen to deal with it in a hedonistic way, right to make the most of it. Like she is acting like no one else has been through what she's been through, just because the others are dealing with it differently. And I think that must be such a frustrating thing. And we know nothing because we've been in Carol's perspectives. We know nothing about where these people came from, what their life experience was, Like, I think this is a very interesting kind of also a bit of a treatise on like depression and how when you're incredibly depressed, it doesn't matter what you do, you still are deep, deep, deep in that like loneliness and depression. And I do feel that with Carol sometimes, like I'm like, You're in Vegas and you could be doing anything you wanted, and all you can think about is how angry and bitter and depressed you are and how furious you are. And I feel like that in its own self is also very relatable.
Speaker 5: So that balance.
Speaker 4: Between Carol sucking but still those moments where we all go oh wow, yeah, I see where she's coming from. That is a truly gilliganesque balance that I think is going to really ultimately pay off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one other thing that I wanted to get into, just to circle back a little bit about the actual reveal of the HDP and what it is and how so far throughout the season, I feel like there've been these questions or mysteries introduced that are pretty quickly explained, and most of the time the explanations are very reasonable or make a lot of sense within the logic of the show, the world of the show, and I think the HDP thing was a great example of that. So how do we feel about the reveal that, you know, our initial obvious assumption like, oh, maybe they're just eating people, it's a swim and green thing was right. Were you guys disappointed by that or because that was pretty subversive in my opinion to just give us the obvious answer.
Speaker 2: I was. I was really satisfied. I'm intrigued by the way that it works in world, and like I immediately found myself as John Ceno was kind of explaining their limitations as we can't we can't kill or disrupt any living thing. I can't go and like pull up wheat and harvest rice even because that would be disrupting the plant's natural life. I guess it left me wondering. I go, Okay, how did like what's the what's the limit? Because like you're walking around and you're like walking on ants, or you're exactly killing you're killing single celled organisms like ause you you know, in your stomach, So like what is the actual limit?
Speaker 1: I just am that can't be the whole story. There's got to be.
Speaker 2: Things around the edges that that are you're not telling us about.
Speaker 4: Definitely, especially because if you think about it, the whole notion of like, oh, they need consent, but they didn't need consent when they first infected the people. I think it must be to infect the people that they know they can't infect, they would They basically have some kind of mental block or mental choice that is making it harder, so they have to consent, and that leads us to what they were foreshadowing earlier in this season that Aaron brought up on pre pro a little bit, which is kind of this theory of the importance of Carol's frozen eggs. Because they mentioned them, they bought up the fact that they have them, and as Aaron pointed out, if they wanted to get stem cells from Carol that she'd already given her consent to have harvested, then she would be in a situation where maybe that would be something.
Speaker 5: Do you think that.
Speaker 4: You guys could see a world whether they Introdruce Paraguay, Guy, introduce Carol, have them meet. But then the second season, because of the eggs, they have actually turned Carol to the hive mind and Carol becomes like the leader of the hive mind for season two, and we're following the rest of the group. I'm just I feel like the eggs are too much of a you can't.
Speaker 5: Leave it for too long.
Speaker 4: They're not gonna be able to last that long. We need to know whether or not it's going to work soon, and if it does, I would love to see Ria do a second season where she's just all sinister, terrifying smiles, but maybe still trying to fight her way through.
Speaker 6: That would be interesting there, you know.
Speaker 2: I I feel like that the eggs have to be something, and I do agree that if they have the stem cells already in their possession, that basically disrupts the piece where they can't get the stem cells without consent, so they can just i think, escalate to make the infection. It'll be interesting to see if Carol. I think Carol will actually figure that out before they do it. I think she'll ask about it, Hey, guised episode, I think she'll figure that. I think that, knowing what she now knows, she will eventually figure that out.
Speaker 3: Let's go to a quick breakery right back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about Paraguay Guy for a second, because I am it does feel like like he's a spy or a government agent or a former military like he's too prepared with maps and with all the stuff he has hidden in.
Speaker 1: His house for.
Speaker 2: Back to cash, for like hitting the road. And one thing we have not seen is any kind of introduction of a threat of violence, And I do wonder if he will bring that, like if his if his philosophy will be just like, let's, I don't know, let's kill them all or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I was wondering whether it's going to be something like he was a prepper who knew that aliens were coming because he was a scientist who'd worked in NASA or something, or this is the more out there one. But I believe Vince could present it in an unexpected way, like you said, and with the so green kind of human reveal, it felt like that could be the only reveal. But the way they did it, with this kind of John Cena psa kind of here's what's going on.
Speaker 5: Was so unusual. I also wonder if there's a world where Paraguay Guy.
Speaker 4: Is somebody who escaped from a different planet that they did this to one hundred years ago and has just been living chill you know, like Vince Gilligan could actually present that in a way where I'd go, Yeah, here's a guy who's been just chilling on this planet fifty years waiting for this to happen, So I'm interested if it's that Ian.
Speaker 2: What do you think about Paraguay Guy? Yeah, do you think Paraguay Guy is a spy or what?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I think there's gonna be because he seems way more paranoid or afraid of the Highline in a way that like even Carol is not. She's more like angry at them or like annoyed, but he's like paranoid, like afraid. So I think, yeah, there's there's something more about him, obviously that we still have yet to learn, but like he's yeah, a spy or like you said, an alien who is here just like trying to retire on Earth or some I'm thinking he's like, shit, this other high mind is fucking up my retirement plans exactly.
Speaker 4: It feels very coded to that. It seems like we're definitely going towards a Carol Paraguay Guy meet up. Do you think there's a version where Jason if you're reading that right, and he shows up and is like I'm a blo up a bunch of people with dynamite, Like it's not really them we need to kill the Hive Mind. Is Carol gonna end up trying to save Zosha and the other survivors where we see her take a little step towards redemption in that way, or will hur and Paraguay Guy team up? I think those are like the biggest questions.
Speaker 2: I think that well, if I'm right, I expect Carol will be stuck somewhere in the middle of trying to trying to hold Paraguay Guy back somehow. But I you know, like again, I think one of the most fantastic things about this show is like, you don't really I.
Speaker 1: Have no idea. I think I just could go in any direction.
Speaker 2: I wanted to ask everybody as kind of our final cover station starter in inspired by Diabate's you know, fantastic quality of life and what would we what would you be doing? Hive Mind hits same exact rules your immune Obviously, it's very traumatic and there's other things going. You know, there's going to be a lot of feelings of loss and grief and this.
Speaker 1: That and the other. What are we? What do we end up doing to pass the time.
Speaker 6: Oh man, okay, I would probably take a few pages out of the Diabante playbook. I don't know if I would go full on harem. I don't know if I would go full on harem.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a harem folks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But I would definitely be like, you know, eating dinner on the Eiffel Tower, or like you know, playing video games like in the coliseum or some shit like stuff like that. I think I would like headline Coachella for the Hive Mind.
Speaker 5: Like you know, I like that.
Speaker 4: I would definitely be in Palm Springs, I think would be my base. That's like a good walkable town. They've got like good infrastructure. I would definitely just be That would be like my my Vegas style bas I would be watching a.
Speaker 5: Lot of movies in the movie theater.
Speaker 4: I would be playing a lot of video games in the movie theater, hook up the projector you know. I don't know if I trust the Hive Mind to like flymy places as much as they say, you know, you can trust them. That's why I'm I'm driving anywhere I can go. That's driving.
Speaker 1: What don't you try what? I love this?
Speaker 2: But what is it that you don't I don't know you trust that you're worried about a Carol Wi.
Speaker 5: Fi outage, Carol Wi Fi outage. We don't really know how it works. What if one of them has a memory and ends up.
Speaker 4: Getting like stressed and like X is out and just crashes the plane?
Speaker 5: Like every guy, get it? Who is a part?
Speaker 4: Every person in the hive mind can fly a plane because somebody was a part. But that also means they have the memories of a drunk pilot who like didn't know the way.
Speaker 5: You know, like I don't know I'm driving. I'm driving. I'm also like that's pretty good. I don't know how to drive.
Speaker 4: So I would just drive there in like a if I if I haven't larned by then when this happens, I'll drive that in like a you know, one of those steam rollers or something. So I'm just like driving down that one street to Palm Springs in a giant steamroll and just steam rolling over anything else.
Speaker 5: Ian where is where's your home base gonna be?
Speaker 4: Where you live in while you fly out to Paris for the Eiffel Tower dinner?
Speaker 6: Oh I would probably hmm. I would probably set up in like cancoon or talloom or something like that. Keep it, keep it, keep it real, chill, keep it. What about you, Jason, what would you do?
Speaker 2: Wow, That's that's it. I would, you know, I would like, I think i'd follow the sun. You know, I'd be like, what's the great place to hang out for a season, So i' you know, three months of the year in Cancun, Tuloom, I think is a great on New Mexico City, three months of the year in Hawaii. Yeah, just kind of like follow it around. I think that I would set up in I don't need the I don't need to I get a nice house in all the places, okay, And then I would I would have obviously all the Hive mind are the greatest musicians of all time. It's like you can just have a random.
Speaker 1: But I would, But I would still be like, Okay, where's you know, I don't know where's King is?
Speaker 2: King Von still like, who can I get people like musicians for the vessels?
Speaker 1: He's still going.
Speaker 2: And I would just have them come out and whatever and we talk and they do like stage play and stuff, and have comedians come out. And then I would also and I'd spend a lot of that time, like digging into you know, what's up with what's up with JFK, what's up with RFK, what's up with aliens?
Speaker 1: What's up with the lock ness? Big Foot?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know like MH three seventy, you know, the whole Epstein.
Speaker 3: Like the whole.
Speaker 1: All the ship. I'd be like, tell me what happened.
Speaker 4: Literally, you would be like the you could become this is something I will say different show, but you could become essentially like the world's most objective archivist.
Speaker 5: Where you just not you're just like askin. You're like, tell me everything, and it's not just archiving it. You're like, hey, you know what happened in the government. What do we need to know for the next world?
Speaker 1: Like that's a great idea.
Speaker 2: Actually, that's a great idea, and just be like, now I have all the shit for you know, hopefully one day, Carol or somebody we figure it out and we turn it off. We get everything in the most non violent, non disruptive way back to normal, and look, I've got.
Speaker 1: All the what do you want to know?
Speaker 3: Let's release it now.
Speaker 2: We can tell everybody now what's going releasing every five alien technology since the fifties.
Speaker 6: I need to add to my list because I forgot about like all the other like people who would still be around. So I'm having Lebron to like teach me how to shoot threes. Cocoa golf is my tennis instructor. I'm going back to back with Scrillx like on Coachella main stage.
Speaker 5: I'm doing all of it.
Speaker 6: I'm doing all of it.
Speaker 4: I do like the idea that like the moment that we all become available, like in the Hive Mind, where like, well, I mind.
Speaker 5: Already took over everyone, we may as.
Speaker 4: Well use them while they hit, like let me enjoy it, like they seem to enjoy it right, Like I'm mine Schoolsesey's coming.
Speaker 5: Around to like teach you about how to make a movie.
Speaker 6: Now I'm making him watch all the Marvel movies with me.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, do you bout it? I don't I feel listen.
Speaker 2: I think that there's questions about the ethics of what Diabat is doing.
Speaker 1: At the same time he made he makes it.
Speaker 2: Look good, and it's like, you know, when you actually talk to the Hive Mind, you're like, I don't know.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 1: They make a lot of good points.
Speaker 2: They want to they kind of want to be doing it, you know, hey.
Speaker 4: Ben said when he made this show, his basic idea was like what if the Hive Mind had a point, Like what if you maybe should join the body snatches or whatever? You know, So I kind of love that on that on that topic, actually this has inspired like one, what is the music that you know the Paraguay guy was hearing, like that loan radio frequency he can pick up? Because I want to know about that. And also the other thing that I'm kind of really interested in him now is just what is the Hive Mind's ultimate goal that's gonna eye feel make us all go, oh, yeah, they do have a point, Like are they trying to.
Speaker 5: Save their land? Is I think that?
Speaker 4: Is it gonna go that textual to the point of like, oh, Carol really is going against what's best for her and best for the planet and best to everyone on it, because right now she is already doing that simply by the fact that she's putting seven billion people at risk if she tries to pursue the what she wants. But I'm very interested to see how far Vince goes with that kind of like the moralistic aspect of like is it better to join the hive mind. I'm guessing that's probably a season two question because we've only got a couple of episodes left.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like, what if it's like a global warming or like a climate change kind of play rightly, you guys are going to burn up all these resources. We know how to be more efficient. We can save this dying planet kind of thing, and.
Speaker 4: Then we can give everyone their consent back or whatever version they flame.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I mean, what if it's literally just to spread, Like I don't know that there's necessarily any kind of like higher reason maybe than to just keep spreading and going. Like when you think about it, it's not like humans have any reason to keep going, Like we just at like I don't know, make more of us, and that's it.
Speaker 3: It lived comfortably.
Speaker 1: It feels like it. It really might be that simple.
Speaker 2: Like maybe you know, maybe we've we've tossed around the idea that maybe they're harnessing the biomass of a planet to build something. And I'm sure part of their project is going to be building the antenna right to send to send the beam ount And it might also be that in doing this and infecting a planet this problem that they're encountering is probably the same problem that they encountered on the last planet, which is feeding everybody, And so maybe it's simply build the antenna before we all starve, so that you can you know, build literally.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, interesting.
Speaker 5: I like that. Yeah, I'm intrigued. I'm intrigued to see where it's going.
Speaker 4: I can't believe we've got more than one show on at the moment where I'm just like, where the fuck is this going? It's blessing, it's blessing. Any lost big plurbus thoughts ian before we leave off one oh six.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just kind of to tie up some of the things we touched on already. It's, you know, again, a lot of the explanations from the High Mind have been very reasonable or made sense, and you know, within the logic of the show, and so I'm wondering, like it's almost too convenient, too easy, Like they almost have an answer for everything, and at a certain point, I feel like that's going to set us up for a turn or something sinister. And to that point, I feel like Diabate is also like a little maybe too trusting of everything they're telling him. I know they can't lie, but I feel like he's just taking everything at face value, and like, I feel like that might end up coming back to bite him at some point, you know, because I think ultimately Carol is going to have some kind of vindication moment where she's gonna be like, see, I told you, you know.
Speaker 1: So I didn't want to I did want.
Speaker 6: To wonder about that.
Speaker 1: Who do we think?
Speaker 2: So there's that moment where Diabat is on the phone with somebody, yes, and he's like, well, she's so lonely. It's clearly somebody is trying to talk him out of hanging out with Carol. And again we see this kind of interesting and surprising generous side to him where he just like actually feels bad for her. Who's he talking to another survivor? Zosha hive mind? Like, oh, who do we think?
Speaker 6: My two guesses were either like LOCKSHMI or one of the other survivors, or or Zosia I think, or like some other hive mind person.
Speaker 5: My simple answer is the hive mind because it makes sense.
Speaker 4: My slightly more still simple, but hoping it's a Vince Gilligan. I wonder if they're going to bring in with the arrival of the Paraguay Man and Carol team up.
Speaker 5: I wonder if they're going to bring in we're learning more.
Speaker 4: About the hierarchy of the survivors as it exists without Carol, we didn't know anything about that. I wonder if they're going to bring in a survivor who's kind of become the boss of the survivors in this ensuing time, because that's essentially an entire social structure we know nothing about because they've all been in conversation with each other, they've been in constant contact, and Carol.
Speaker 5: Has nothing to do with it.
Speaker 4: So it will be really interesting if there's someone who comes out as a kind of figurehead against Carol and Paraguay guy who's maybe more in on it than them. But I feel like, ultimately, especially because some of the posters they've been revealing recently, there was a great post that they did that was like a painted poster of Carol kind of kneeling next to Zosha and a wheelchair and stuff. I ultimately think Zosha and Carol that's going to be a connection that put she is Carol into goodness because I do think she cares about her. So my guest says, it's someone else on the phone because I don't think Zosha would convince even after what happened to I don't think she'd got out of her way to try and convince them not to spend time with Carol. But yeah, the Dea Barty conversation and Diabartaya's general character just such a good subversion of what we expect because he is very thoughtful and kind of kind.
Speaker 2: Well, can't wait to keep talking about this show coming up next on X Revision.
Speaker 1: We have reactions to it.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Darry, episode seven and our end of the Year awards.
Speaker 1: That's it for this episode.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening, Bye bye. X ray Vision is hosted by Jason Concepcion and Rosie Knight and is a production of I Heard Podcast.
Speaker 4: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Korfman.
Speaker 1: Our supervising producer is Abuzafar.
Speaker 4: Our producers are Common, Laurent Dean, Jhonathan and Bay Wack.
Speaker 2: A theme song is by Brian Vas, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 4: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi our discord moderator.