Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it. Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answer my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine, nine hundred and ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started.
Speaker 2: I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan.
Speaker 1: For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage NMLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Welcome everyone, it is Kentucky Sports Radio here live at ten Roof in Nashville, where the.
Speaker 2: Crowd is wild.
Speaker 3: We got everybody rock and drew the bang this twins. Fans from all over the state and all over the area are here to watch the Kentucky Wildcats in the SEC Tournament in Nashville, playing tonight eight five, nine two, eight oh twenty two eighty seven hour number two. Let me hear from these fans how excited you are to be in Nashville.
Speaker 2: There we go. That's what I like to hear. Those of you not here.
Speaker 3: I would get in my car and come because I think it's going to be a wild few days here. Our trip is sponsored by Clayton and Krom. As we talked about, they are honoring their friend Parker with Clayton and Krom.
Speaker 2: You go to Clayton and croomcrum dot.
Speaker 3: Com use a promo code KSR twenty five dollars off any one hundred dollars more purchase for leather goods.
Speaker 2: Thank you to Clayton and Krom for helping us along the way. It has been.
Speaker 3: It is awesome here in Nashville, and I think it's gonna get more.
Speaker 2: So more people tell me where they're coming from.
Speaker 3: Literally hundreds of people texting in on their way like I said, if you don't have a ticket yet, I'm not sure exactly what you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Apparently there's caravans of people on sixty five South coming all coming to Nashville. The big Blue Wave is about to take over downtown Broadway.
Speaker 4: My friend Dylan over here drove down this morning, and so when he stopped at a gas station, they did the usual, is anyone left in Kentucky because it's been nothing but Kentucky fans coming through here close to Nashville.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: Jay Billis was on Sports Center this morning said winning the SEC tournament Shannon will be harder than winning the NCAA tournament this year.
Speaker 5: Don't agree with that absolutely.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And looking at their latest brocketology, if it shakes out the way that he's got it laid out, there's a chance that you would be playing Oklahoma Ole Miss in Florida to get to the final four.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the latest bracketology just came out, Kentucky is the highest three seed they would be playing in Inver their six seed? Who was their six seed in it? Oklahoma was the eleven, who was the six.
Speaker 5: I'd have to look it up here quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Illinois, Illinois was Illinois was the sixth seed.
Speaker 2: The two seed was Texas Tech.
Speaker 3: Illinois's got that one dude who can go off, but they've kind of fallen apart down the stretch. Drew, if you told me to get to the Elite eight, I have to beat Utah Valley, Illinois and Texas Tech. If you told me today I could sign up for that, I'd sign up for that today, wouldn't you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And just hearing those names and some of the other bracket projections projections, it's like getting finally getting a break, because every night in the SEC has been a grind, even your Vandy's.
Speaker 2: Every team this year has been so hard.
Speaker 4: When you tell me a High Point or Utah Valley that it's like finally an opponent. We won't have to sweat out too much. Hopeully, I'm get a lit carried away. They're knocking on wood. Un significant decline in competition, whoever you get in that first.
Speaker 2: Round, Shannon. A man just came up to me during the break.
Speaker 3: He had his wife on FaceTime, and he said that his wife that I was his wife's hall pass. I was gonna give him. I was gonna give you some advice. You shouldn't let the hall pass ever be in the same state you're in. It needs to be it needs to be in a completely different place. I mean I would, I'd have to say, other people might shaying and you just you need it needs to be in another show.
Speaker 6: I think too, is if I'm the husband and I'm giving her the hall pass, I'm not telling the guy who the hall pass is that he's the hall pass.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think basically, I mean, here's my wife. Do what you want.
Speaker 3: No, that's what I think. That's what he was saying. I don't think that's what he was saying exactly.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do situation.
Speaker 3: Everybody calmed down, Let's do our Don Franklin Auto picks the day. Go to Don Franklin Auto Get your vehicles, twenty seven locations across the state, all different kinds of vehicles. Don Franklin outa dot com driven by family, great people and great sales team. Let's get started. Arkansas is against old Miss yesterday. By the way, Drew went three and one. I went to and two, Ryan went to and two. Shannon went oh and four against the spread.
Speaker 2: So fath.
Speaker 3: Fade fade, Shannon against the spread. All right, Arkansas and old Miss Shannon. Since you went oh and four, I'll let you go first. Old Miss a four and a half point favorite.
Speaker 5: Who you got, Old Miss wins and they cover.
Speaker 2: Old Miss wins and they covered through.
Speaker 4: I mean, after Cal's explanation of that foul, I can't possibly believe in that staff in this one.
Speaker 2: I think Old Miss wins big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's washed wrench repeat for Cal loser. Just say washed, washed, retwinched repeat loser.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like that you said it with more emphasis the second time.
Speaker 2: Uh you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, if there's one thing that I've become really strong about in the last few years, it's what a good coach Cal is. I'll take it out. Arkansas covers the four and a half. I think Old Miss wins, but it'll come down to a buzzer beater mistake.
Speaker 2: So I'll take the Hogs. Texas and Texas A and M.
Speaker 3: A and m's a six and a half point favorite against Texas.
Speaker 6: Uh give me Texas A and M and the points. Texas last night had nobody here for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true. A and M don't have anybody either, though.
Speaker 4: That game will all be Kentucky A and m wins, but I think Texas keeps it close and cover six and a half.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, I'm taking Texas to cover the six and a half. I don't know if they win, but Tray Johnson will keep them in the game.
Speaker 2: What about you.
Speaker 1: They needed to get in the tournament, right, They're like I think Lenardi's first four out, So if they win this game, they probably get in be that fourteenth team in the tournament.
Speaker 3: Yes, Missouri and Mississippi State leads into US. Missouri's only a three and a half point favorite. I'm taking Mississippi State to win, so I guess I'm taking all underdogs against the spread.
Speaker 2: But I think Mississippi State wins drew I'm gonna agree.
Speaker 4: I mean, as we saw on Saturday, Missouri's what lost four out of five, they're going the wrong direction. I think Mississippi State's a tough team. The dentist they'll put them in the dentists chair of the Bulldogs Today, Mississippi.
Speaker 1: State man Josh Hubbard is on He's on one right now. He's firing up and hitting. Everything's all on Missippi State. I think this is the game of the day. Missouri has been struggling. I think Mississippi State wins and they cover at the three and a half.
Speaker 2: We'll pick the uh, We'll pick the Kentucky game in just a minute.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, a gambling account put out that if Kentucky's twenty twelve national title team, if Kentucky's twenty twelve national title team played the twenty twenty five Duke team, So the Duke team currently Duke would be a three and a half point favorite against Anthony Davis's Kentucky team.
Speaker 2: No way that that's free money.
Speaker 3: May I just ask for them to do that bet and let me participate.
Speaker 2: I'll go further.
Speaker 3: You could play that game right now with the guys in their current age, and I still think we'd win because we have Anthony Davis Drew.
Speaker 2: I thought that was ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes we see things on the internet that are a please look at me, please click me, and it's just a bait to get attention. And that had to what they're doing, because anyone with a brain knows that twenty twelve would absolutely win that game.
Speaker 2: I mean, this current team beat Duke.
Speaker 3: I don't even that's what I'm saying. I don't even think Duke is the favorite to win it. I think Auburn is the favorite to win it. Duke's very very good. They could win it. Cooper Flag's a great player. But I feel like people disrespect Anthony Davis. CBS had ranked the top twenty five college players since two thousand, and Anthony Davis was number eleven. I just want to remind people. In the same year, Anthony Davis was National Player of the Year, Freshman of the Year, National Defensive Player of the Year, first team All American, won the national title, and won a gold medal in one year. Stop it like, stop it right, Like, how could you not say that that would be a national championship.
Speaker 2: He's the eleventh best player since two thousand. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: One of the greatest seasons in the history of college basketball.
Speaker 2: He put together that year.
Speaker 1: No way, he's number eleven on that list.
Speaker 2: I would go so far as.
Speaker 3: To say, in my opinion, since two thousand, he had the second best season anybody's ever had. The only person, oddly I would put ahead of him, miss Tyler Hansborough, who had a really ridiculous career over if you go look at his numbers, even though he wasn't a great pro.
Speaker 2: But he's ahead. They had Zion number one. Come on, I mean, come on, Zion was really good, but he ain't Anthony Davis.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: That team, we watched them losing the Elite Eight.
Speaker 4: It's all Anthony Davis, and he took the fifth most shots man.
Speaker 2: That's what's the craziest thing about that in the Champions Stream.
Speaker 3: He also, by the way, they also had John Wall twenty one. John Wall shouldn't even be twenty one either, And their argument was, we're not just talking talent, we're talking star power. If you're talking star power, John Walls should be number two behind. I mean, John Wall was a rock star. I just thought that list Shannon was ridiculous.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think we've forgotten how good Wall and Davis and some of these players were for Kentucky. I mean, Anthony Davis just defensively would make teams change the way they played offense.
Speaker 3: Anthony Davis had the best single year in the history of Kentucky basketball. Dany Sill had a better career, but Anthony Davis had the best single year in the history of Kentucky basketball.
Speaker 2: And so it's ridiculous to not put him in the top five. Who's up next, Brandon? Go ahead, Brandon? What's up?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Well?
Speaker 8: Sitting here thinking today?
Speaker 2: Speak up, Brandon Louder.
Speaker 9: Louder, I'm sitting here thinking today, and I hope Brandon Garrison doesn't get kicked out of the game today.
Speaker 3: What would you put odds drew on Brandon Garrison getting a technical or getting kicked out.
Speaker 4: I don't think he'll get kicked out, but I have everyone in the game on technical watch. I think those emotions that was the next level of emotions. He wanted all the smoke, as the kids say these days, and I don't know if you can just turn that off when you have a hatred for a team like that.
Speaker 3: I also think if you're if you're official Ryan, you're going into this game knowing what happened. They're gonna probably get a warning from the from the SEC and they're gonna say, hey, you guys, gotta make sure you don't let that fire up today.
Speaker 1: Brandon Garrison and some of these guys are like the Thoroughbread. You're leading up the starting gate, they're chomping a bit, can't wait to get back out there. So you're over under of a technical I'm going over. No matter what number you picked, there will definitely be a Techne seven.
Speaker 2: And a half. I'll go under on that.
Speaker 3: One, Okay, all right? So not no matter any number I picked, Shane, and it would have to be a low number.
Speaker 6: I think all the things you talked about, then you throw in the postgame comments from last night that.
Speaker 5: We're gonna win, we're gonna.
Speaker 6: Get the dub. I think that's just turn it up. There's gonna be there's gonna be some emotions today.
Speaker 2: Who's up next, sir? Next is Brian? Brian? Go ahead?
Speaker 7: Brian Hello, originally from Harlan County called from Loftiette, Indiana. First time caller, a long time listener.
Speaker 2: Who what's up?
Speaker 7: Yes tonight when we watched the game. Is there a way that we're gonna be able to listen to the UK radio instead of the.
Speaker 2: There's always a way. Have you have you ever done it before?
Speaker 7: Not doing the SEC tournament that? I also I always listen to it on iHeart.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they changed those rules a few years back, so we now are able to play the SEC and NCAA tournament on iHeart. So the SEC tournament, I think we've always been able to, and I think they recently changed the rules so that we can do the NCAA tournament. So yes, I think the answer to your question is yes.
Speaker 7: Ah someome all right, We'll go Trent Noah and go Kentucky Wildcat AF.
Speaker 3: I'm nine two eighth twenty two eighty seven. Let's we haven't talked a lot about Mary Williams yet. I think he might be the key to this game tonight. It's the one huge advantage Kentucky has. He also was in foul trouble against Oklahoma, so he had some he That's kind of why Garrison played so well.
Speaker 2: Do you expect him to have a big game.
Speaker 10: I do.
Speaker 2: They're gonna need him have a big game.
Speaker 4: Also, wonder earlier this week when the all SEC teams came out and he was not listed, if that's a little bit more of a motivator playing in this tournament in front of all the people that made those teams, made those votes. I think he's gonna want to show them what they missed out on by not including him.
Speaker 2: Do you think that was a poor mistake leaving him off? I think he's earned it.
Speaker 1: Like I said, you can make an argument he was our MVP of the SEC Tournament SEC season this year. You know that Oklahoma game, we were an hour and a half of the show the first time we're mentioning him, Williams.
Speaker 5: He is very important to the game tonight.
Speaker 1: He only played like what two minutes and got his first two fouls set out almost all the first half.
Speaker 2: Is this the game where he rolled his ankle right on me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he came back in, but that was the one where we thought we had lost him.
Speaker 6: So I think he's been our most improved player. You know, earlier in the year, it was too much dribbling, dribbling and then like that hook shot. But now you know, he's at the triple double game. He's had a game where he was perfect.
Speaker 2: He's been great. He's been great.
Speaker 3: All right. I want to read you all a quote really quick, and this is my favorite quote quote of the year in college basketball. By the way, Drew's wife has a hat on that says sorry about my husband. I think that is a great I think that perfect, great half perfect.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So Virginia Tech lost yesterday and they were asked. One of the reporters asked a Virginia Tech player about the season Shannon, and they said, you know, have you guys felt like this season was disappointing?
Speaker 2: Can I read you his quote?
Speaker 3: I want to hear it. I mean, people didn't think we'd be any good. People didn't think we were gonna win any games. We were picked fourteenth or fourteen, eighth or fifteenth.
Speaker 2: In the conference. People thought we'd be ass.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're still ass, but you know, we're not as bad as people thought.
Speaker 2: We beat expectation. I love that people thought we were gonna be asked.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're still ass, but we're not as bad as people thought we'd be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were, they're thirteen or nineteen.
Speaker 6: That's pretty ass if me, but maybe not as ass as everybody thought they were gonna be.
Speaker 3: But see, I like that, you know what, Drew, We are ass. We're just not as ass as people thought we would be.
Speaker 4: Fat ass was slightly asked, but not as bad as they made it out to be.
Speaker 2: So overall, you got to say, that's a pretty good season, right.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you gotta look in the mirror and just call it like it is. And they had they had some ass Tennessees throughout the year. I just wonder if that I don't know if he's a senior or not. I wonder if he's coming back.
Speaker 2: Could you did you say they had some ass? They showed signs of ass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that happens sometimes, I understand. Kats in Oklahoma, nine thirty to night. We're gonna take a break and be right back here at Tin roof. This is Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Where I'm back. It is could Hucky Sports Radio here live at the tin roof. We just had a legend of Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Johnny to Bruce walk in from Hoptown making the trip. Nice to see you here, Johnny Am nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. One person rights, Matt, who do we need to pull for for our seed to go up in the tournament? So basically, a lot of the early games are big for US. Saint John's plays Butler this morning, unlikely Butler wins. But I think Saint John's's competing with US for a two or three, so you'd want them to lose. I mentioned earlier Baylor plays Texas Tech, another one BYU plays Iowa State. You want to see Iowa State lose. And then here at the SEC, I'd say you want Texas to beat Texas A and M, because we are kind of fighting with Texas A and M for a seed. So I think those are the I think you want to see Texas A and M, Iowa State, Saint John's in Texas Tech. If your worries drew about our seeding, those the teams you'd want to see lose today in their various conference tournaments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the A and M and Texas Tech.
Speaker 4: I think if you can win a couple of games down here and them not win any you got a good chance to jump either one of them, maybe even both, depending if they both lose today. So you got Pope's old team can help you out, Alvin Brooks old team, but Baylor can help you out and be easy to root for some of these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you guys are in the arena, If you're in the arena and you.
Speaker 3: Don't otherwise care for this afternoon game, pull for Texas. I mean Texas beating Texas. Texas A and M has a good resume, even though they actually finished they finished one game ahead of us, but they have a good resume and they could jump us in the seeds if Texas were But if Texas were to beat them, we would probably stay ahead of them. So that's one I would really be pulling for the Longhorns today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I said earlier, they're fighting for their NCATE tournament life. I feel like if they win that game, they're probably in the tournament.
Speaker 3: So what is success Shannon for Kentucky here in the SEC tournament? I mean, I think obviously, obviously we gotta win to not right right, I think it's hard to call it success unless we win tonight. Do you think we have to beat Alabama for it to be successful or can it still be successful just with winning tonight?
Speaker 2: What is success in this tournament?
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna look at the last couple of years of what happened and lower my expectations for this team.
Speaker 5: So I'm going to say you need to win today.
Speaker 6: Obviously you need to beat Alabama at least make it to Saturday.
Speaker 2: I mean we want, you think for it to be successful, we got to beat Alabama.
Speaker 5: Beat Alabama. There's a quad one win, all right?
Speaker 2: What about you, Drew?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want to surrender any games any one, I think anything. If you have expectations for Sunday, I love the dreams. That's a big task. I think I'm gonna agree with Shannon though. Even though Alabama's a tough team, they've gotten you twice. I think to really say this was a big win, we at least need to see the weekend. I mean, this is Kentucky in the SEC Tournament in Nashville. You're gonna have the crowd for every game, no matter the opponent. You've got experience. I think winning two is what you call success, right.
Speaker 3: I almost see it like as a Okay, if you lose, it's a failure.
Speaker 2: If you get to Saturday, it's a success.
Speaker 3: But I don't really think losing to Alabama is necessarily a failure. They're better than us, so, like, I don't you know, they'll be a five to six point favorite in that game. It's hard for me to consider it a failure if you don't end up beating them. So I'm kind of in the middle when it comes to that particular game.
Speaker 1: See, I'm kind of there too. We've said from the beginning, just get to the weekend of the SEC Tournament. If they just can get there, I think we most fans will be happy. But Alabama's dudes are just better than our dudes, and we played really, really well against Alabama at Rubb and they still beat us.
Speaker 6: So nobody beats Kentucky three times in one seasons.
Speaker 3: Corey, you're back there, Corey Prices. How many times has Kentucky lost three in a row to in a season to somebody? Hasn't happened much. I wouldn't think, I would say. I mean, that's an interesting thought, but I bet you Kentucky has not lost to the same team three times in a year.
Speaker 5: I can't ever remember it happening.
Speaker 3: It maybe is happened sometime, but I can't remember Drew when it would have been.
Speaker 2: I mean, it wouldn't have been very often.
Speaker 3: And even though in Florida, you know what, that Noah year, that might have happened. I don't know if we played him in the tournament, but if we did, that might have happened.
Speaker 2: It might have happened that year.
Speaker 4: And even though Alabama's two and zero, they're a great team. They're not just some unbeatable force. I mean, I keep bringing this up. They won by five and rup and they hit two more threes. That was a shootout. Grant Nelson had the big game, Andrew Carr wasn't fully healthy down there, obviously, they went in Tuscalusave. But you've got Travis Perry Garden, an All American. The circumstances in both give you know, I think they give. Can tell you a little bit better chance today where you get all those players.
Speaker 3: Of I tell you a year it happened. I can remember a year it happened, Corey. You can look this up twenty fourteen. I bet we lost to Florida three times in twenty fourteen?
Speaker 2: Is that right? Is that the only time? Yeah? But we lost it because we went You remember we.
Speaker 3: Played him in the sec finals and James Young fell down. We had a chance to win at the end and he fell down. That's the only time I can remember us losing to it at twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: I bet I know that's one. Who's up next?
Speaker 3: Adam is up, dext Adam, go ahead, Adam?
Speaker 8: Hey, Matt, what's up?
Speaker 7: Guys?
Speaker 11: I called in Monday talking about how big Kentucky basketball was because I was in the hospital. I just wanted to let the good news role. You know, Cats are gonna win big today because they just let me out of the hospital.
Speaker 2: Right, everybody, get this guy rid of the applause. They just let him out of the hospital.
Speaker 3: That's a great that that to me is h is a reason for Kentucky to win.
Speaker 2: I hope everything goes well for you, sir.
Speaker 11: I appreciate it, Matt, go catch.
Speaker 2: Appreciate the call. If I'm nine two twenty two eighty seven. Who's up next? Johnny is up? Dext Johnny? Go ahead, Johnny.
Speaker 8: Hey, Matt, how are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: Doing great? Good?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 8: He kind of throw my thunder you're talking about the gambling account that tweeted it about being an underdog to this big team, our twenty twelve team. That was a little ridiculous. And then I was gonna bring up to Florida, be to three times in twenty fourteen. So he kind of stole my talking points. But wells, we're gonna get away.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go, Here we go. He was gonna stay on even if we stole the talking points.
Speaker 3: I was all right, Channon, my man was gonna get on the air even if I said both those things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, twenty fourteen.
Speaker 6: So I guess that's the only time that I can think that they've lost a three teams.
Speaker 3: I think we probably lost to them in O seven three times as well. But that would be the h that would be the only time. Do you are you like me, Drew in the sense that one of the things I'm happy about is when they place the bracket, us being in the SEC is going to help us avoid all these good teams. I mean, they're not We're not gonna have to play Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee. We will have to play in Florida. I can't imagine they put us against any of those teams until maybe the Elite eight cir the Sweet sixteen. But my guess is we don't get paired with any of those teams until the Elite eight. And besides, Duke, I have to tell you, I'm not sure there's anybody else in the country that I don't want to play. So I think being in the SEC will help us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I meant.
Speaker 3: Earlier.
Speaker 4: I was getting a little caried away and acting like we've already won some tournament games. But it is gonna be a decline in your opponents because the SEC has been that strong. In most SEC years, you get several nights off because the other team in very, very good. But this year, every single night was the grinds. So those first couple opponents, I think they'll be glad to see them.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll go back to what I said earlier.
Speaker 3: If our bracketology, if we're playing Utah Valley, Illinois, and Texas Tech, that's a heck of a lot easier than playing Oklahoma, Alabama, and Florida. I mean, it just is right, and that's a that's a significantly easier road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just if it plays out the way we hope it does. You get Alabama, Florida, and Auburn back to back to back. That's three potential number one seeds in the NCAA Tournament you're gonna face just to get to the finals of the SEC.
Speaker 4: Turning, I just let the SEC is good. It's so physical. A lot of these teams will be better styles for Kentucky. Two won't get beat up as much, and we are.
Speaker 3: This is a rare Kentucky team where we don't have the best athletes in the SEC. But you know what, when we play some of these teams from other conferences, I think that our guys will be just as athletic as they are, whereas that's been an issue in some of these other games. We're gonna take a break and come right back here at ten.
Speaker 2: Roof on Broadway in Nashville. It's Kentucky Sports Radio working back.
Speaker 3: It is Kentucky Sports Radio here live. Let's try that again. Let's get ready for the energy we tonight. Welcome back Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: There we go. That's what I like to hear. The only time I can find twenty fourteen and seven.
Speaker 3: We didn't play Florida in the tournament, so that's the only time I can find us losing to three. We're not gonna do it this year. This segment sponsor a bout Clark's Pumping Shop. They love their cats, they love the team. Discounts on gas, you can get the Clark's Pumping Shop app. They got coffee, they got pizza, they got everything you want at Clark's Pumping Shop. Crispy Crunchy Chicken and more. It's Clark's Pumping Shop. Return, Refresh and refuel with Clark's Pumping Shop. This our Clayton and Kroome trip to the SEC Tournament. Great crowd on hand. As always we always fill up ten Roof. Thanks to everybody for coming out this early, Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Tonight is our game.
Speaker 3: Is the game Mark Pope for people who are some Kentucky fans one thing to watch for. I'm told that they're doing something this year that they haven't announced, so you may just watch it. There's a group of tickets that for every game will go on sale that are like right next to the court that you I'm serious. They're just a handful of them that they put that they secretly sell somewhere around the city. They're trying to do it to do buzz. I think it's like twenty five for each team. So I don't know how. If I knew how, i'd tell you, But I saw a little section. I asked somebody, and I said, that's what they were doing. I think they trying to get some buzz or something.
Speaker 2: Tonight. You might see who knows. When you're walking down the street, you might have a chance to do that.
Speaker 1: That's awesome because it's gonna be a very hard ticket to get if Kentucky continues winning throughout this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is the Do we know what the get in price is for the game tonight?
Speaker 2: Right now? I bet it's an extremely high I'm out do we know what it is? I don't know the exact number, but it's got to be crazy. Actually went.
Speaker 4: I had a meeting with the Titans yesterday to talk about tickets.
Speaker 3: Way may you had a meeting with your Yeah, I had an apployment got the whole tour, but they actually asked me for SEC tournament tickets, and I was like, I'm here to talk to you about tickets, and people with the Titans are like anything you heard any.
Speaker 2: Pricing, any any deals anywhere? So the whole city is interested in going to this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it will be. I'll look up and see if I can find what it is? A five nine, two, eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Who's up next?
Speaker 2: Jake is up next? Jake? Go ahead, Jake, Hey, Hey, you doing this, Jake? Keep that energy as always? Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Hey, I've always got the energy many.
Speaker 2: Not always, but you're gonna have it today. Go ahead.
Speaker 1: I'm calling my shot man. I'm saying, Kentucky wins SCC tournament.
Speaker 2: Is today this today? Win it today? All right?
Speaker 4: Yes, we're gonna win the SEC tournament.
Speaker 9: Desires this year.
Speaker 2: All right. I hope you're right. Thank you, Jake, appreciate it right now.
Speaker 3: To get in price on on step up is eighty five dollars. That's not that bad lower level though the lower level get in is two hundred and twenty five. But you can get into the building for eighty five dollars today.
Speaker 2: That's not really that bad.
Speaker 4: That actually surprised me. You can't get four beers or parking this city for dollars. It's pretty pressive that I would ever suggest you do this. But you could always buy the eighty five dollars tickets and then look for maybe better seats what you're in.
Speaker 3: Just for the record, though, now Tomorrow Night to get Tomorrow Night to get in price goes up to one hundred and seventy five dollars, and the lower arena tickets are going for three fifty. So if tonight would be the night to go, as it looks like it will get much more expensive ride when we get to tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Saturday could be the most expensive tournament in SEC basketball in history.
Speaker 3: You get if you get Tennessee, Auburn Kentucky, and.
Speaker 2: Then it doesn't even matter who the other team is.
Speaker 3: If you get Tennessee, Auburn and Kentucky, I think Saturday has a chance to be the most expensive ticket. Honestly, there's gonna be a lot of Alabama fans too. Even if it's Tennessee Auburn, Alabama, it's gonna be one of the most expensive tickets.
Speaker 2: I would get ready.
Speaker 3: If you're coming Saturday, I would get ready to Shannon to pay. And if you have the tickets, you might even look at selling them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think maybe some people maybe coming down with the attention of going to the game, see those prices and go. You know what, I can see the game right here at ten rue for watching at a bar.
Speaker 3: If you are back in Lexington tonight, we will have the game at KS bar. If people are asking me what time to get there, I would say with it being nine to thirty, i'd look at like eight thirty if you want to have a seat.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to be quite an environment.
Speaker 3: We also have the girls Sweet sixteen in town, so there'll be a lot of people around.
Speaker 2: Who's up next? Pate, Go ahead, Pate.
Speaker 10: It's pay.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 10: Hey? Prayers to Parker.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you very much for that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, my daughter just takes me. She's like having fomo listening to you guys right now, and.
Speaker 3: Let me ask the crowd this, do you all think if you're not here yet you the people should be coming to Nashville tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. There's the answer for your daughter right there and right and.
Speaker 10: I'm going to Charlotte this weekend to visit my son, and I'm going to be wearing oh my UK gear while the ACC Tournament is there.
Speaker 3: Smart, well, well, enjoy yourself. I appreciate the call the ACC Tournament. You want to talk about absolutely how things have flipped drew in two years. First of all, College Game Day is on Friday. Gonna be doing their show live just down the street. I think they're actually doing it on the street so you can go see Seth Greenberg and tell him how much you uh.
Speaker 2: How but you love them. That's why they didn't come to Rapperena. I mean right there. I think it'll be kind of interesting.
Speaker 3: I've heard through the grapevine it might be College Game Day and he actually might not beat it.
Speaker 2: Wait, they're going to boy.
Speaker 3: I know Jay Williams though, and Jay Jay Billis is calling it. I saw Ja Billis yesterday. He says the first time he's ever not been at the ACC or Big East Tournament, that he's at the SEC tournament. So that and it is completely flipped the ACC tournament. Last night we watched California was playing Stanford at the ACC tournament. It is amazing how much the basketball tides have flipped.
Speaker 2: For the SEC. Yeah, the ACC. I mean, obviously it's just duke.
Speaker 4: I mean, is it hard to win the Sweet sixteen and RUP this year than win the ACC.
Speaker 2: They're so so bad.
Speaker 4: And when you point about California these things. I looked at the Big Ten bracket. I'm still not used to UCLA and Oregon and some of these teams in the Big Ten conferences.
Speaker 3: Cal played Stanford in the I mean, Cow played Stanford Ryan in the ACC tournament in Charlotte.
Speaker 2: That's insane to me.
Speaker 1: For all, you know, almost old timers. That doesn't even make sense. How can they be playing in the ACC. What happened to the ACC with billis here? It's a little bittersweet for me. I saw him, he was calling the Arkansas game, sitting near me. Cool to see j Billis But at the same time, Tom Hart and not being here has hurting me at Tom for twenty years.
Speaker 2: That's our guy.
Speaker 3: O got Tom Hart Hart ended up ended up getting bumped because of it.
Speaker 2: Who do you who do you think actually, Shannon, who's your pick to win the whole thing in the SEC Tournament?
Speaker 6: I think when Mario asked us, I picked Alabama. So if Kentucky doesn't win and you lose to the team that wins the SEC Tournament, I don't think there's a whole lot of shame in that.
Speaker 4: Two weeks ago, I was gonna pick Florida, and I know it's lazy to pick the favorite, but Auburn losing two games coming into this changed my tone about them. I think they'll reset and start playing well because they it clearly locked up the regular season and kind of dialed it back a little bit in the last week.
Speaker 2: But I think they're gonna be the team to win it. Yeah, I'm gonna take Auburn as well.
Speaker 1: What about you, I'm taking Auburn. I think they're chopping at the bit of this and they are trying to make a good March run.
Speaker 3: I think I think they, to me, are are your favorites to get it. Who's up next?
Speaker 2: Got Lee? Up next? Lee? Go ahead? Lee? What is up?
Speaker 8: Matt and Nashville?
Speaker 9: How are you all doing good?
Speaker 2: Go speak loud for me? Lee?
Speaker 8: First time, long time?
Speaker 2: Got a question for you?
Speaker 7: Yes, the officiating for the tournament. What kind of whistle you think we're gonna get because we played.
Speaker 2: I think it's a really good question. I think the SEC. I appreciate the call.
Speaker 3: I think the SEC has been wildly inconsistent and officiating. But I did see a stat that in the last two weeks of the regular season foul calls were down thirty percent in the SEC. Now, that may just be random, that may just be you know, it may be nothing, but we had had those games. If you'll remember, like four or five weeks ago, where there were games that were like forty some fouls being called in the game.
Speaker 2: And I do wonder Ryan if the SEC.
Speaker 3: May be told the officials layoff because there was a massive drop in fouls called in the last two weeks. It felt like to me they were like like in the even in the Missouri game and in the LSU. The LSU game, remember we played it in like an hour and forty five minutes. Yeah, I kind of wonder if they've told these guys to sort of leave it not, don't call as much.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if that helps us or not, but it is something to see.
Speaker 1: And even the games yesterday, I didn't get to watch every minute of all four games, but what I saw, they were kind of letting them play, especially the game last night, they kind of let those guys kind of get physical and go out.
Speaker 3: And in the South Carolina Arkansas team game, neither team was in the bonus until the last like three minutes of regulation. So I do wonder, Shannon, if we're gonna see a lot more open flowing game. I think that would help Kentucky against some teams, it would hurt him against others.
Speaker 2: We'll just have to see.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 6: All depends on the matchup from day to day. But yeah, looser whistle is definitely much better for the flow of the game, and it's a much more fun game to watch than when they're blowing the whistle every time down the floor.
Speaker 3: I did see Mark Pope say yesterday Mark Pope, and I think he did this on purpose. When he did his press conference, he focused on Kobe Brea getting grabbed coming off screens. He was like, Kobe Brea is getting grabbed coming off every screen, just getting pulled in.
Speaker 2: The back, pulled in the back and drew.
Speaker 3: When I heard him, I thought he's saying that to warn these officials I'm sure he will stand in front of the officials today and watch because we if you go back and watch the game tape against Missouri, every time Kobe Brayan runs, he just someone will grab his shirt and they they never call it.
Speaker 4: I was gonna bring that up on talking about the fouls and Pope even on a postgame show earlier this season. Nice demonstration on right here. Pope called him out much earlier. It's like a month ago. I can remember the exact game. But someone asked why Kobe Bray getting open, and he said they were holding him all the time. So on one hand, I want him to call that, but also in these matchup with great guards, that we're calling it too tight. I think back to Oklahoma where Lamon Butler had four fouls with twelve minutes to go true and if Kentucky gets in foul trouble the bench, I just don't know if it's up to speed to get him through this tournament.
Speaker 2: I think you should watch.
Speaker 3: In the first segment of the game, I'm gonna make you I'm gonna go off the board Shandon and say there's an off the ball fouled called on somebody pulling Kobe brea. He's made too big a deal about it. Yeah, they are going to call that at some point early in the game. If I'm nine, two eighth twenty two eighty seven, We're gonna take a break.
Speaker 2: We're gonna make our picks. We are here at ten roof in Nashville.
Speaker 3: This is Kentucky Sports Radio Quarterback. It is Kentucky Sports Radio here live at tin roof in Nashville.
Speaker 2: Final segment as the Cats are on the road.
Speaker 3: Clayton and krom KSR SEC Tournament shows.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about looking boy. They just keep going, Okay, we need all his energy. Yeah, no kidding, all right, Well that's good. Yeah, there you go. Yeah, here you hey A five.
Speaker 3: Nine two eight h twenty two eighty seven. The Cats play tonight at nine thirty. We'll go over some scheduling again our pregames. I'm gonna get this is all Eastern times. This is not for people here. This is for people back in Kentucky.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Seven o'clock is our pregame show. Seven Eastern.
Speaker 3: Shannon will be playing four thirty to eight thirty Central here at KS Bar. If you're around, For those of you that are in the area and you're asking where should you hang out? The reality is they'll be Kentucky fans everywhere. I think there'll be a ton here at ten Roof. We're also gonna be some today and tomorrow at DraftKings as well. I think they have some stuff going on there too, so I think there'll be two places there.
Speaker 2: But honestly, Drew, you.
Speaker 3: Can walk in any of these bars and it's probably gonna be a sea of blue today.
Speaker 2: No matter what.
Speaker 4: You can walk in any of these bars on Broadway, I will be there.
Speaker 2: Lots of celebrities this trip, I learned today. Do you know the Cleveland Cavaliers were here last night? Yeah, but Darius Garland was at the game. The Kid Rocks sing at Kid Rocks.
Speaker 4: I'm not a Kid Rock fan, but if you're a Kid Rocks bar and he just gets on stage, I mean that's kind of cool. Neat so not just Kentucky fans. Some celebrity sidings around town.
Speaker 2: That is cool.
Speaker 3: And then most importantly celebrity Shannon the Dude will be singing.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: So you've got four hours today Shannon on this stage, no breaks, no breaks, no breaks, one hours, no breaks. They run a salt mill here it's a tight shift here here at tin Roof.
Speaker 2: Are you are you ready for Hi?
Speaker 5: I'm ready. I'm excited. You know, we did this last year.
Speaker 6: We had such a great crowd, so I'm looking forward to doing doing it all over again and running it back tonight.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: And I would also say, if you're sitting there in western Kentucky or whatever, and even if you don't think you can get tickets the game, just being here will be awesome. If we win the game, I think Ryan and I may keyword beam may find a place to set up and do the postgame show, like in a hotel lobby or something like that. It won't be in any of the ours because they'll all be playing music. If we lose, we will not people ask about tomorrow's show. It's not in public. We have to do something else. But we will have the show and then we'll see what happens, depending on whenning et cetera, for pregame, et cetera.
Speaker 2: On Friday.
Speaker 1: I if they win, I look forward to seeing people Friday morning. It's gonna be a long day, long night, maybe a lot of advil taking the Friday morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if we win, then we may do a show here again. Friday night is a pregame show for the game Friday Night, So just keep that, keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: Who's up next? God, Chris Updext Chris, go ahead? Chris.
Speaker 9: Hey, I just wanted to ask about that Virginia Tech basketball player.
Speaker 10: I thought he had secretly the best recruiting pitch of all time.
Speaker 2: That was a great joke. Yeah, I get it, I got it. Who's up next? Jordan is up? Dext Jordan, Go ahead, Jordan, Jordan? He yes, go ahead?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I'm here.
Speaker 10: So I've seen the thing last night that outa was very interesting on.
Speaker 1: Twitter and it had the twenty five duke squad.
Speaker 8: Twenty twelve team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, that is really interesting. Yeah, we did talk. We talked about that a little bit earlier in the show.
Speaker 2: We're limping out of this, yeah, like ten minutes ago.
Speaker 8: Randon more and more in Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna have to get one more good call before I get off the phones.
Speaker 2: Who's up next? This needs to be better than our play tonight. Who's next? Adam? Go ahead? Adam?
Speaker 9: Jalen Moore of Oklahoma's awfully chesty, isn't he?
Speaker 2: He is?
Speaker 3: I mean Jalen Moore guaranteed the w tonight, said, I guarantee, he said, we are getting that dub tonight.
Speaker 2: He is very chessy. Played well against this last time though.
Speaker 9: Well. I got a message for Jalen Moore. I know that your school, you know, has seven conference tournament titles from you know, half of which came from something called the Big Eight, which anybody under forty doesn't even know what that is. But my man, you can win twenty SEC tournament titles in a row and you'd still be for shorter of Kentucky. So you're about to run into a bus stall in Nashville.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope you're right. I will say this. I appreciate the call. They have no fans here? Has anyone seen one Oklahoma fan here? You saw one? I've seen a handful of Texas fans, but I have seen you said, the nuke schools have brought nothing in terms of fan bases, at least to the SEC tournament.
Speaker 2: Uh, we'll see if Oklahoma has anybody did not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last night, surprisingly they were Georgia fans out numbered Oklahoma fans four to one.
Speaker 5: I mean, there were a lot more Georgia fans than I.
Speaker 3: Haven't seen any cornbredhimp. Go to cornbredhimp dot com. You can try full spectrum flower only hemp CBD promo co KSR thirty percent off corn Bredhimp. There are great partners expanding their locations in Louisville.
Speaker 2: If you've never try Cornbrett.
Speaker 3: Hemp, I used it last night to get to sleep after the night out and it worked well.
Speaker 2: Go to Cornbread Hemp.
Speaker 3: It is now time to, first of all, make our predictions.
Speaker 2: Shannon the Dude, I'll let you go first.
Speaker 3: Kentucky and Oklahoma where a six and a half point favorite.
Speaker 2: Give me who wins in the MVP.
Speaker 6: Last couple of years have been a struggle down here, but tonight we get a win. Seventy seven sixty nine. I'm gonna go with my guy otaga away as the NBA.
Speaker 2: Oh wait does it again?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: What do you think, Drew? I like the Cats tonight. I think it's gonna be a hogh scoring night.
Speaker 4: I'll say ninety three seventy nine if he is.
Speaker 2: Playing to the crowd.
Speaker 4: I honestly believe the home court advantage that Kentucky will have with all these fans will be a difference maker. Tonight, maybe even tomorrow night. So I'm gonna say BBN is my BBMP.
Speaker 3: That is that's a wrestling the chief pop if I've ever seen one.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you got?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get my Johnny Rocker role player of the game, Johnny Hlla Wolves in the pregame show.
Speaker 2: Oh this is regular show. Are you drunk?
Speaker 5: It felt like we're making our predictions on the pregame show.
Speaker 2: All right, well we're making it now and you're being drunk.
Speaker 1: I think eighty one to eighty Kentucky wins by one point. I ain't go down to the final possession. I get Lamont Butler.
Speaker 2: You got Lamont Butler cut down to one possession? One possession? All right? He was he saying they'll have the game here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what he's saying, Yes, we'll sound on.
Speaker 3: So for Kentucky to night, the game will be on at tin roof with sound that might be actually hard to find at the other bars.
Speaker 2: So if you if you're here on both.
Speaker 3: Floors, they'll have the UK game with sound that's actually really good. Yeah it's hard to find that almost never happens. All Right, I'm gonna make my prediction. Let me first of all say. I never take for granted what an amazing crowd this is at this show every year.
Speaker 2: Thank you all very much.
Speaker 3: There's no other show, there's no other show in the nation that could come close to getting this, certainly not in a different state the morning. But you know, normally we do this show on Friday. We did it on Thursday. You guys still show out huge. I mean this when I say it great for the best fans I got. We got friends all over the place that have made the trip that get up to do it. I just want to thank all of you every time for doing it. I really do appreciate it. It's an awesome day.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: As for the game, Kentucky is going to absolutely play awesome tonight. I think you're gonna finally see it connect. It started to happen the last thirty minutes of the Missouri game. I think they show up and go big. I'm gonna say Kentucky eighty eight seventy six, and my man Lamont Butler starts on his path to SEC Tournament All Tournament.
Speaker 2: Team with the victory. This evening.
Speaker 3: Thanks the folks here at ten Ruth. Thank you to Clayton and krum Parkner. We're thinking about you down there. We will see you at seven o'clock tonight for the pregame show. If you're in Lexiton, come watch the games at kspar.
Speaker 2: Thank you all very much.
Speaker 3: This is been Kentucky Sports Radio here live at Tin Roof in Nashville.