Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, we did it. We made it to a Tuesday. It's our one. The gang's here, ready to go, ready to be filling out our brackets. You can be involved in the DP Show Celebrity Bracket Challenge. Sign up at Danpatrick dot com or on our social media platforms. First Hour brought to you by Tirak. They've been doing it for over forty years, giving you the right tires for how and what and where you drive shit fast and free back by free road hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tire rack dot Com. Way tire buying should be stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. Good morning. If you're watching, you can watch on NBC Sports Network or also Peacock download the app if you haven't done so. We get ready for the first four. We'll talk about that. Carlos Boozer, his two sons are at Duke. He will join us coming up, and of course he gets to retell the well the story when he rented his house to Prince and then came back to his house after Prince had rented it and realized Prince printed it up, painted it purple, and we'll talk to Carlos. You know, every year, once a year it feels like that story resurfaces, and this might be the time that it resurfaces and it goes viral and everybody eats that story up. The Carlos Boozer renting out his house in La to Prince, and then when Prince moved out, he came back and he went, wait a minute, it's purple. The entire the entire building inside purple. Reggie Miller will join us a little later on John Smoltz. He'll be on the call tonight. It'll be Venezuela facing USA, the World Baseball Classic Final eight seven, seven to three. DP show email addressdpat Danpatrick dot com, twitter handle at DP show. You got the first four, But when you're filling out your bracket, it used to be the twelve five. It felt like every year there was a twelve over a five. Now it's the eleven seeds. You know, the sixteen seeds are long shots, but the eleven seed, it feels like they inflict some damage. Just about every tournament, six different eleven seeds have crashed the final four LSU George Mason, loyal to Chicago VCU Ucla and then most recently NC State. So it's not a coincidence, it's actually a trend. And they're not your typical underdogs normally. These are battle tested teams playing in big conferences. They get overlook for one reason or another, but they have enough talent to string together three or four wins. That's the beauty of the tournament. Only takes one game to maybe spark a run. And if you're looking for the madness to begin, history tells us the eleven seeds are pretty good place to start. And so looking back on the six number of eleven seeds to reach the final four, as I mentioned, and if you look back since twenty fourteen, the eleven seeds have been successful, going twenty three and twenty one against the number six seeds. Which Sat of the Day has always brought to you by Panini America eight seven seven three DP show operator Tyler sitting by you and take your phone calls.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: It is Saint Patrick's Day and sporting the green. I think everybody's got a different shade of green on today, although Seatan's got maroon on today.
Speaker 4: I had a green hoodie on and then I was brushing my teeth and I dribbled toothpaste all over it and didn't notice really till I had gotten close to the car and I was already kind of late, so I was just like, well, better grab what's convenient. I do have an Ireland soccer jersey on the back of my chair.
Speaker 2: Though I think that Paul, you got blue on.
Speaker 5: I completely forgot this morning and just came to work.
Speaker 2: Todd not only has green on a green shirt, he's got green wristbands.
Speaker 3: I do. I have green wristbands.
Speaker 6: It doesn't mact perfectly with the lighter green shirt, but it's more of a forest green wristbands because I went to a sporting good store a couple of months ago, and I like the feel.
Speaker 4: Of like tight wristbands.
Speaker 6: Well, on the occasion that I go to the gym, I like how it, you know, like a bowler keeps his wrist tight.
Speaker 3: I like the feeling of the tightness of the wrist of the wristbands, not that I'm sweating or anything.
Speaker 6: It's not really used as a sweatband, just the comfort of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you bought different colors.
Speaker 6: I bought light blue, navy blue, black, gray red. I have about six or seven different pairs of these wristbands have different calls to match my tank tops and or my sweatpants when I go to the gym with like like most fifty six year olds do, wearing tank tops and wristbands.
Speaker 2: So you're color coordinated when you go in to kind of ladies appreciate that.
Speaker 3: No, I see what you tell Your sweatpants match your wrist bands?
Speaker 7: How cute?
Speaker 2: How is it going with the ladies?
Speaker 8: But great?
Speaker 3: Okay, I say hi, They don't really say high back. They run away.
Speaker 2: Marvin got his Notre Dame sweatshirt on.
Speaker 3: That's right. Represent the Old Country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, nobody represents the Old Country quite like you do. Umbc versus Howard and Texas versus NC State coming up tonight with your first four and Dayton Ohio a couple other headlines. Yesterday. At the end of the show, the Chiefs picked up Justin Fields, which is kind of an interesting move because it signals to me that maybe Patrick is not going to be ready to go at least to start this season, or maybe you ease him in after a couple of games. But you bring in Justin Fields, and this might be the last call for Justin Fields to be a quarterback in the NFL. But I, of course I'm in the minority. I still think there's hope for Justin Fields. The Alabama Crimson Tide, they lost Aiden Holloway to a drug arrest. I guess he was caught with over a pound of pot, which would probably mean that he was going to distribute, sell, and distribute. But he is averaging just under seventeen points a game. Alabama not expected to have him in their game. They open up with Hompstra and I think, you know, if you look, this is kind of surprising here. But these teams that are the top four seeds, I don't think anybody is less than a double digit favorite in their first games. I don't know if that's ever happened before. But you got, you know, mostly chalk here and filling out your brackets. FYI, all right, Seaton poll question today, here's.
Speaker 4: One from Paul. Would you rather call a sixteen over a one or win the entire bracket?
Speaker 2: Oh? Win the entire bracket?
Speaker 4: Ah Man, calling a sixteen over a one is pretty great though, Okay, but I guess you know the part of the problem with the tournament is that nobody's going to believe you anyway. Yeah, They're going to be like, well, yeah, but you were just doing that to be whatever, or there'll be well, how many brackets did you fill out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a one bracket opportunity to be in our Celebrity Bracket Challenge. One bracket, that's it. But you call it okay, gives you bragging rights. But to win the tournament, I would probably because that means you called a lot of other games. You didn't get sixteen over a one, but you got a whole lot more correct than everybody else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as a matter of fact, you called more than everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I never won a bracket tournament. I always do terrible.
Speaker 4: I've never won one.
Speaker 2: I overthink it because you know the game too well.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 2: I know it too well. But it feels like the analysis that you hear it sounds like it's the same. But there are analysts who are saying what is actually true when they say, well, you know they got great senior guard play, you know they got to cut down on their turnover, like all these things that could be true for that particular team. But it feels like you could be an analyst by just throwing out these generic lines. You know, they got the rint protector and the senior guard play and look they knock down their free throws, and their coach has been here before. You know, it's all of those check check check, yes, tod.
Speaker 6: It does the true experts and bracketologists a disservice when there's so many people out there just saying you got to watch the wolf Pack in transition, they're going to make things difficult for Texas.
Speaker 2: So for the first time ever, every top four seed is a double digit favorite in the round is sixty four. Now Alabama has the smallest spread. That's eleven and a half and that's against Hobster. I don't know if this is updated with Aiden Holloway not playing. And here's their second leading score. And there's a lot of talent, a lot of talent, and you know, Jay Bill has talked about this might be the most talented freshman class that we've ever had in the history of college basketball. AJ debansa with byu Cam Boozer Darren Peterson as Caleb Wilson, who's a really talented player at North Carolina, but he won't play against VCU, Darius Acuff at Arkansas, Kingston Fleming at Houston, Mike Brown mckel brown at Louisville, Braden Burry's at Arizona, LeBaron Phylon Junior, the third at Alabama. So there's a there's a lot of lot of talent here first round, a lot of repicks, especially with aj Debansa, and that I don't think BYU is a you know, a really good team. They're an old team. I do know that. I think they got a couple of twenty six year olds, but I think if you take Debansa out of the line up there, they're the oldest team in the tournament, probably by far. And you know, you get players who go on their Mormon mission for two years and come back and then you know they're married with a couple of kids, and you know, twenty six years of age. But Debansa is going to be a one and done. But we'll talk to Carlos Boozer about his two sons at Duke and John Smoltz will join us, Reggie will join us as well. What other poll questions are we thinking about Seaton For the first hour of the program.
Speaker 4: The NCAA Tournament starts tonight or Thursday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, classic, Well, we don't fill out our bracket.
Speaker 4: You can still turn your bracket in after tonight. Yes, so that I mean that really tells you everything. Yes, no offense Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Well, I think Thursday at noon is the deadline for the Celebrity Bracket Challenge. I would say when you turn in your bracket is when the tournament starts.
Speaker 6: Yes, Todd, do you like to pick the first four games for the chance, chance among chances that you would have a perfect or semi perfect bracket? Don't you want to be able to be on record that you picked all the games? No, you don't care about those games?
Speaker 2: No, I'll watch.
Speaker 6: You won't even take a second to circle four picks for the first row.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm not going to overthink it. I gotta worry about the actual bracket. I just don't like the play in game. I just don't like the designation of.
Speaker 4: That the opening round.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Oh, that sounds so much better.
Speaker 4: It's the opening round.
Speaker 2: It's a play in game. It's a play in game. Yes, yes, see, here's the.
Speaker 4: One from to double D. Which are you more excited to watch tonight? The first four NCAA tournament games controversial the World Baseball Classic Championship Game or actually neither.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm gonna go WBC. I mean it's team USA versus Venezuela. Probably some bad blood there, just saying, but it's been fun. I've enjoyed it. I mean, Italy had it last night and all of a sudden, bang bang bang, and yeah we had it. I don't know if that's hell. I think I did.
Speaker 4: I think there was more than one person that's not mom of me actual sound.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but twenty four players are from the United States.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Man, he's going to MoMA me.
Speaker 4: You know, we had my Piazza on from Italy, I know. And you know he said mom and me about fifteen times in that interview.
Speaker 2: Go back and listen to it.
Speaker 4: He'd be like, oh, yeah, so I bought this team and then we lost. I'm like, MoMA, Mia, we're not winning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's yeah. When Madonna was living in England and all of a sudden it ended up with an English this conflict most ended. Wait a minute, that's Madonna. What well, Yes, Paul, do you.
Speaker 5: Think there'll be a ton of Italy baseball fans waiting for the three Italian baseball players when they come back to the airport.
Speaker 2: Pro holding signs. Probably not three of them, probably not. But Venezuela against Team USA. John Smoltz will join US. Didn't Piazza? Didn't He have an Italian soccer team and like the team, the town turned on him. And yeah, like did he have to leave Italy?
Speaker 9: He might have.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but he from what I remember, he kind of ran that team right into the crowd. Yeah, that was bad, not ideal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, that would be mom, mom a, meya, MoMA, miya.
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: Any other pole questions for the first hour of the program. Yeah, yeah, let's see, we got a few more here from Todd. Is anybody more interested in the opening round or the first four than the WBT?
Speaker 6: Oh, I just think I'm gonna be watching. I'm gonna take a peek at both. But I think I'll watch more of the college.
Speaker 2: Basketball than the base But you gotta pick one.
Speaker 6: Then I'm gonna pick the first four games, okay, even though I know it's all on the line with the championship game, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna be more interested in the basketball.
Speaker 2: Okay, But you have to pick like, you can't.
Speaker 3: I can't do that. That wasn't a choice.
Speaker 6: You could peek at both, and then everyone would say, well, I'll peak at both, and you.
Speaker 2: Can, and you're anti American.
Speaker 3: I guess maybe America.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm hoping the baseball game will be a blowout and tam Usa will be up nine too early, and then I don't have to worry about missing anything exciting, and then I can just watch comfortably the college basketball.
Speaker 2: By the way, we got food today, what, yes, yeah, I saw?
Speaker 4: Is it Irish themes?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, yeah, nothing like Irish food. Hey, you know what, it's getting better? Okay, I love Irish food.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is Shepherd's Pie Irish? Or is it English or Scottish cottage pie versus Shepherd's Pie? Yeah, yeah, PAULI, Shepherd's Pie is pretty good, man.
Speaker 5: I have mixed origins here, hole please.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, okay, hold on here, you know what, Let me take a break.
Speaker 4: This is another thing the English stole from us.
Speaker 2: When we come back, I'll tell you what the menu is.
Speaker 9: Today.
Speaker 2: I saw Dylan out there and I go, are you prepping for Friday? And he goes, oh, today, And I go it's today. So he said, that's right, it's Saint Patrick's Day. Happy Saint Patrick's every you know, the number of people say, hey, you got something planned for Tuesday?
Speaker 4: I go, No, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: I go, I don't celebrate Saint Patty's Day. My town had the Saint Patrick's Day parade two weeks ago. Yeah, what the hell? This hometown here in Milford, Connecticut. They had it on Saturday. As I found out, the hard way is, I'm kind of stuck behind a parade all the Yeah, what wh where are they going? Oh, Saint Patty's Day? Yeah, but uh, you know, Happy Saint Patrick's Day.
Speaker 6: Yes, but isn't a parade more fun on the weekend, even if you're cheating it by a couple of days. People have school work, they've got other things to do, unless they're gonna blow off the day.
Speaker 3: You know, you want to, you know.
Speaker 6: On a Sally or Sunday, be able to go to the parade if that's your thing.
Speaker 3: You like parades?
Speaker 2: Did you go to the parade? Not?
Speaker 6: Okay, I feel like I'm doing more than enough with my full green outfit here.
Speaker 2: And your wristbands and my wristband. Yeah, like I don't drink green beer. I don't do any of that stuff. Like, I'm like, okay, you go get them, yes time.
Speaker 3: What about the shamrock shake?
Speaker 4: You don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't do that, yeh see it.
Speaker 4: What's crazy, too, is that everywhere has a Saint Patrick's parade, which is awesome. I love that. It's only like ten percent of Americans have Irish like ancestry.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's really it's really not a huge portion of the population. We're a vocal minority, but yeah, it's really it's really not a huge percentage.
Speaker 2: All of those Irish who came over, you know, back in the early nineteen hundreds. Yeah, yeah, well they didn't treat as very well when they got here.
Speaker 4: They didn't. But there's a there's I think there's something like thirty million people claim Irish heritage. Now maybe I'm wrong. I might have also completely made that up.
Speaker 2: You might have to stay in your lane, hey, or is this your lane?
Speaker 4: I feel like it's more my lane than anything. Yes, But I then again, I'm usually wrong about my lanes as well. So it's okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we come back. We get phone calls here. What's on the menu? Sat Patti's Day. Stay in your lane seating. Uh, We're back after this in The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 10: Hey, this is Jason McIntyre. Join me every weekday morning on my podcast, Straight Fire with Jason McIntyre. This isn't your typical sports pod pushing the same tired narratives down your throat every day. Straight Fire gives you honest opinions on all the biggest sports headlines, accurate stats to help you win big at the sports book.
Speaker 1: And all the best guests.
Speaker 10: Do yourself a favor and listen to Straight Fire with Jason McIntyre on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Why are we jumping around? Marvin?
Speaker 3: When I was a kid in this music video was everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: It's set at a Saint Patrick's Day parade. And for the longest time I thought how Sapaine was from Boston.
Speaker 3: They're from California.
Speaker 4: I just learned that Los Angeles.
Speaker 11: Yes, okay, like so in the song yeah, they say I get like props from the kids on the Hill they're talking about I get props from Cypress Hill.
Speaker 3: We're from California.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, we give props to Cypress Hill every day.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 5: Pauly everlast easily. Top ten Irish rappers of all time easily.
Speaker 2: Have you heard Knee Cap?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the documentary on them?
Speaker 2: No? No, I saw a video, but I didn't see the documentary on this Irish rap group. It's awesome. Knee Caps so good.
Speaker 4: It's so good.
Speaker 5: They're great. It's a great Irish hip hop trio from Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Speaker 2: They have two songs on Spotify that have like forty million views and then our listens downloads, and then the other songs have like you know, eighteen thousand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kneecap get more attention for who they are than what their songs are, you know or the the lyrical kind ten of their songs gets a lot of attention, but people aren't listening to it as much. They're a big deal of Make sure you sign up.
Speaker 2: You can be in the Celebrity Bracket Challenge really easy, doesn't cost you anything. Just go to Dan Patrick dot com or on our social media platforms. Saint Patti's Day and Dylan is out there cooking. He's got bangers and cole cannon. Is that cabbage? I think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, sausage and cabbage.
Speaker 2: Okay, guinnis soda bread and some Irish cheeses. Who who has it's better than we do in all.
Speaker 3: Nobody. Oh, I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna do the accent?
Speaker 3: No, okay, I wouldn't play you like that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I will allow that. You can't make that joke. Yeah, I know, I'm gonna let you do it if you want to. Now I'm all right, all right, fair enough. Somebody's not having fun.
Speaker 3: Well I'm having I'm fun haver. Oh you're I'm a fun habit fun. I'm a fun haver.
Speaker 4: Maybe in a T shirt? Fun have this guy has fun?
Speaker 2: Fun? Have I mentioned Shepherd's pie? I didn't know if it was Irish, Scottish or English shepherd's pie.
Speaker 5: We did a deep dive here it's a dish from the British Isles dand both Irish and English ties. Yeah, I got more mashed potato with minced meat. Here's the curveball, lamb and mutton used in shepherd's pie in Ireland beef in cottage pie in England. So shepherd's pie you may here uttered more in uttered more in Ireland, cottage pie more in the UK England, I should.
Speaker 2: Say, but there's a pot pie as well, Yes, is that the American version of a shepherd's pie? Checking pot pie is pretty good? It is pretty good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty good pie and not a not a bad delivery system for food the pie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not bad.
Speaker 5: Pot pie a pie with chicken, beef or turkey and vegetables and a creamy sauce topped with a flaky pastry. Speaking Witch Country origin Pennsylvania, Dutch Country is a big hotbed of yeah, pot.
Speaker 4: Pie, Okay, pot pie ism.
Speaker 2: Mateo in New Mexico, Hey Mateo.
Speaker 9: Hey Dan, can you hear me? Yep? Hey hey so Matteo and Albuquerque, New Mexico better known as Albu Crazy, the five O five or the fib Little Filthy. I just want to give props Tomorrown because I was on hold to talk about House of Pain. When he did what he did, I was like, yep, he knows his music, but yeah, they grew up in LA and so I did find out though I had this quick comment when I did a twenty three and me with my wife. I found out I was one percent Irish, so I can actually say I'm Irish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, congradulation, welcome to the tale, Yeah, welcome. See most people probably wouldn't admit that they're one percent Irish unless it's just this day. But other than that, like you know, my my wife's side of the family, there's obviously heavily Italian, but when when it comes, they don't say mom and mere, they do not they say skun jeal and kind a mad man. Yeah, yeah, Musara, it drives me crazy.
Speaker 11: We're at a subway, just say mozzarella the sandwich shopping?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: What are you doing? My mother in law is good for the us, you know us need to.
Speaker 4: I'm a big used guy actually to use guys going to this thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I remember when I was saying mozzarella, and then I could see my wife's two brothers looking at her like what is it. He doesn't even know how to say Mozare I go? And then I finally then I tried doing that, and then they looked at me like, no, you're not allowed to do it. So musaya moyah.
Speaker 4: The Parmagana.
Speaker 2: It's can I have maybe some of that veal parma? Guyanni David in Ohio, Good morning, David. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 1: Hey Dan?
Speaker 7: Happy Saint Patrick's Day? Got a few Saint Patrick's Day name for.
Speaker 3: You real quick, Patrick Peterson.
Speaker 7: I got Andrew Luck, Ryan Fitzpatrick, AJ Green and the last one my favorite, Adrian Paterson.
Speaker 3: Thank you all.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you David. By the way, you ask for it, uh, and we will give it to you at the top of the hour. Fritzie's one dining moment that he took a spin on one shining moment made it one dining moment as we get ready to unofficially start the NCAA tournament. That'll be at the top of the hour. And I will say this in case you're wondering when you hear this. That was one take. Todd thought he nailed it. Oh, he did it one take And the back room guys who recorded it, they were like, do you want to do it again? Like they thought he needed to do it again, and He's like, no, no, I think I nailed it.
Speaker 6: They asked me several times. Absolutely sure you want to go with this was perfect?
Speaker 3: Let's roll it.
Speaker 2: They came out and asked Paulie and they said, hey, he probably needs to do it again, but he thinks he nailed it. And then Paulie goes, that's okay, good to go. Yep, yes, Marv.
Speaker 3: One take Fritzie.
Speaker 11: Yes, because we were in there recording one dining moment and afterwards all of us all the brgs, Oh man, Fritzie, you want to do that.
Speaker 3: One more time?
Speaker 11: No, no, no, I'm good. You sure, I mean it was legit. We walked out of the studio and I forget it was maybe Mary or that asked Paulie, like, I think he needs to do it again, and.
Speaker 2: Jeff, Jeff, just a little taste of it, just just just a sample of one dining moment, just to let people know. In a half hour they get the entire song.
Speaker 4: The heck is that?
Speaker 5: That's a teaser?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the polite back there, they said, what about one more for safekeeping.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize it was because it was bad. One more for.
Speaker 6: Safety I guess the first one gets lost some many.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying in that clip, the food gets all the attention, but the gold is really soon. It's just so good. The little vibrado. Oh yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 2: All right, that'll be at the top of the hour one dining moment.
Speaker 3: An American idol still has not called after we played that a few times.
Speaker 2: Darrel in Chicago, Hi Daryl, what's on your mind today? Hey Dan? How you doing good?
Speaker 8: Happy Saint Dan Patrick's day?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 8: First time? Long time? Have you been part of my life for twenty years? From home? I feel like I'm sitting in the same room with you guys, right, so, and you make me laugh every day. I just wanted to share a common opinion on Justin Field's Right. I live here in Chicago. I've watched this kid grow up under a microscope.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 8: He was here for three years under behind three atrocious offensive lines. Two poor coordinator who should have been coaching high school.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 8: He goes to Pittsburgh, he goes four and two. They sit him for Russell Wilson, which was ridiculous, Right, and then he ends up with the Jets. What a dumpster fire that organization is. I've watched this kid play. He's got legs, he's got an arm, he's got skills. I remember Michael Vick, Right, I see glimpses glimpses of Michael Vick and Justin Fields, and I'm telling you what, He's going to be a superstar someday. He goes to the Chiefs, he gets to sit behind, sit next to Patrick Mahomes under Andy Reid, who resurrected Michael Vick's career right when he came out of prison. It was Andy Reid. I'm telling you what, this kid's going to be a superstar day and just like you, I'm going to be. I'm gonna be real essate.
Speaker 2: I told you so. Thank you, Darryl. I think Daryl sounded like he was on the treadmill breathing heavy there and fired up about Justin Fields. Now, I look I like Justin Fields. I you know, I bring this up. When it comes to young quarterbacks, you have to have continuity. You got to have an offensive line, you have to have an offensive coordinator. You're not changing coaches every year. And Justin Fields, you know, was subjected to that. And I thought he played okay with Pittsburgh. He had some moments with the Jets, but didn't feel like ownership was going to put up with him much longer. You know, I'm looking at milk Kuiper's mock draft. He's got the Jets. I think with the sixteenth pick taking Tys Simpson, the Alabama quarterback, that feels like if you're Aaron Glenn and you're trying to hold onto your job, it's like you don't want to get rid of me. I just drafted our future quarterback here, like, give you a little insurance there. I like t I like ty Simpson. I don't think he's a top sixteen pick. But in this year's draft. See, that's where I have to look at this and go, don't try to solve it this year, get the right guy for your team. And this feels like it's a reach. And if you know you're gonna bring him in, I'm not gonna play him. You just brought in Geno Smith. And if that's the case, is Aaron Glenn even gonna be there? Like? Is there going to be continuity? This is where you get that quarterback who's well, he'll be good with his next team. Everybody talks about next year's draft, So why would you try unless you go he's better than any of the quarterbacks in next year's draft, because chances are you're probably gonna have a pretty high draft pick, and I don't need to take a quarterback now I have Geno Smith. I'm okay with that. We're not winning anything anytime soon. Let's see Andrew and Washington. Welcome back, Andrew.
Speaker 12: Oh, good morning Dan.
Speaker 13: Then it's Happy Saint Patrick's Day. Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 9: Sorry about that.
Speaker 13: I have a statu of the day, and then a comment and a couple of questions. But the stat of the day is Duke is the first ACC team to ever win the men's basketball Championship, the ACC Football Championship and the women's basketball Championship in the same academic year. That's the stat of the day, Dan, I didn't know if you kind of dropped in and watched a little bit of it, but Jim Ersa's memorabilia collection went on auction this past week. It brought in over ninety three million dollars, set twenty three world records. One of it was David Gilmour's Pink Floyd famous stratocaster I think it's called guitar for fourteen point five to five million dollars. I was wondering if you took a look at that auction, and then maybe a question for the room what piece of memorabilia, if there was one with each of you like to have.
Speaker 2: I didn't look at the auction. I did see that that that David Gilmore's famous guitar went for over fourteen million dollars. See that that's the kind of piece that Jim Ursy would have bought. So I don't know who else is. I know, Paul Allen, the late owner, you know, billionaire. He collected a lot of guitars, I believe. I think he was into music as well. But yeah, fourteen point five million. What was the uh so David Gilmour on Pink Floyd Seaton with that guitar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not I'm not sure which guitar it is that he had, But David Gilmore played stratocasters for sure.
Speaker 2: But it was a black stratocaster, yeah, and I think it was played on Pink Floyd. Yeah, PAULI he.
Speaker 5: Sold a lot of other stuff too with the ersa sale. Jack Kerouak, the writer the original transcript of the book on the Road, sold for twelve million dollars. And the script was sheets of paper taped together, one hundreds of sheets of paper, and the guy wrote for days in a row on a typewriter and just kept feeding it and so it's it's very famous in literary history.
Speaker 4: That's incredible.
Speaker 2: I wonder and Jack Caro Whack, you know, just like JD. Salinger, Like if you said to JD. Salinger he was still alive, if you could go back and not write that, you know, Catcher in the Rye, if you could go back and not write that, would he do that? Because it felt like it made him so famous and it drove him crazy, and he became such a recluse that he never enjoyed being JD. Salinger with Catcher in the Rye. And I remember people would stake out the post office in New Hampshire just to get a glimpse of JD. Salinger.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pauling a couple more things in the ers A collection Support was the last guitar Kurt Cobain ever used on stage, a sixty nine Fender Sylvester Stallone's notebook for Rocky One, the notes he kept in the year leading up to making the movie Rocky One sold for five hundred and eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: What's amazing is they wanted to take his script, but they didn't want him to start in it. And he said, nope, you take the script. You got me and I mean made him a billionaire.
Speaker 4: Ye ye, man, this is exactly the kind of stuff though, Like if I won the lottery or whatever, this is how I would spend it all.
Speaker 2: What's the one thing in there in that collection? You go, yep, money, money doesn't matter, correct, Okay, Well anything Kurt Cobain related, I'm buying one hundred. Well they sold that, Like didn't have a cardigan, like a cardigan sweater that had holes all over it that he was on MTV.
Speaker 4: I think I'd buy all those things out on the Road manuscript. I didn't know that was on it. That's a very important book for me as a kid, you know, as a teenager. I would buy something like that for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 5: Last year Cobain's guitar from MTV's Unplugged one for six million in a separate sale.
Speaker 2: Would you rather have that or the you know, David Gilmour from Pink Floyd.
Speaker 4: Like if it was the the if it was the guitar that say he played the Comfortably Numb solo with or something like that, Like it would have to be a very specific thing, like he recorded Comfortably numb with this, then hell yeah, I would buy that absolutely.
Speaker 2: Over Kurt Cobain.
Speaker 4: No, not over Kirkka, But that's personal, Like, that's because he Kurt Cobean. Kurt Cobain meant so much to me that I would just buy if it was a you know, juicy fruit wrapper out here like seven million, Yeah, I would probably want Kurt Cobain because more people know Kurt Cobain than David Gilmour, even though David Gilmore one of the great rock and roll guitar players of all time.
Speaker 2: First of all, it's not even his band, so yeah, well that's that's true. Uh yeah, he probably did all of those Pink Floyd songs on Dark Side of the Moon. I'm guessing they comfortably numb.
Speaker 4: Probably the coolest guitar solo of all time for me, You know that's I I listen to that one hundred thousand times and it gets better every time.
Speaker 3: So good. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Pulling an acoustic guitar used by Johnny Cash and concerts oh much? Two hundred and fifteen thousand dollars is yestimate?
Speaker 4: Would Jim irsay have been my best friend in the whole world? That kind of feels like, yeah, I wish I'd got to know them. Yeah, we had a lot of things in God. Yeah, me and Jim really kind of vibes.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, Yes, how about we take a break here, happy Saint Patrick's Day.
Speaker 1: Play the Day is next. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Of the day. This is the play of the Day.
Speaker 1: Check this out, Lorenz and set the two to oh so.
Speaker 3: You get a liner.
Speaker 1: Click field that'll get down for a face head carry around third.
Speaker 2: He's coming home to throw two third.
Speaker 1: Platunia say. Venezuela has the lead.
Speaker 9: It's three to two.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: That crowd was into it last night. Courtesy is Sirius xm MLB Radio. Six relievers combined for seven and two thirds of shutout baseball for Venezuela and they are the underdogs tonight against Team USA. Play the Day brought to you by Liberty Mutual Insurance. My pay full price when you can customize and save. Switch to Liberty Mutual customize your auto and home insurance so you only pay for what you need. Uh. Fritz in North Carolina. Hi Fritz, Hey.
Speaker 12: Yeas five eleven one seventy seven, just want to see you. Guys were talking guitar auctions from.
Speaker 14: The earth Day collection there. If you saw the Jerry Garcia Tiger guitar went for eleven point five mil, and then within twenty four hours Derek Trucks brought it out on stage at the Beacon in Shredded Pullman Brothers State's World Blues on it.
Speaker 12: Just wanted to comment on the juxtaposition there of these people that see these high ticket items as the collector's pieces and then some people just see him as the tools they were meant to be.
Speaker 2: All right, well, thank you Fritz. Yeah, Derek Truck's he can play. He's he was one of those like ten years old prodigy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See yeah, that dude was kind of a badass. Yeah he still is.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh I met Fritz that just called him. He was kind of Ah, just the tools are meant to be. Oh okay, you're right, it's just a guitar.
Speaker 2: Who's the only one Billy strings He's a big deal. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Pulling back to the erth A collection, a Prince Custom yellow Cloud guitar. Dang used in concert went for six hundred and thirty five thousand dollars bargain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would want one of the guitars that was the symbol when when Prince went by the symbol that was always weird, like how do you address it?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: Symbol? Like I don't even know how you get it? And he call him, Yes, is mister symbol here?
Speaker 4: I mean, you don't have to call him anything.
Speaker 2: Because he is well if you get his attention, you know, let's say he's, you know, walking down the street and there's a car that's gonna hit him, I just yell at symbol, get him to turn around. Any other items in there.
Speaker 5: Steve Jobs acceptance letter to Apple when he went back to work, signed by him when they brought him back. There's some really random stuff on this list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't have anything in here that it's going to be historical. I don't think we got a lot of this stuff is just stuff I collected, but I don't I don't know if there's anything Like it means something to me, but I don't know if it's going to mean that much to other people. I mean, I have certain jerseys that are what's the Ricky Williams Jersey.
Speaker 3: What's it?
Speaker 2: What's it say over there? It's autographed? Does it say day smoke wheed every day? So I have my my Ricky Williams Miami Dolphin. That orange color or whatever that color is.
Speaker 4: It says R. Williams on the back, Yeah, thirty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know what that is? That orange? Would you say that color? I would say that's orange? Yeah, I saw that sooke wet every day and he does. U. Let's see Corey in Kansas City. Hi, Corey, what's on your mind?
Speaker 15: Hey, good morning, mister Patrick. Top of the morning, I said, ship I should say to you and the cellar.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, would you did you slip in a word there?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 9: I did not.
Speaker 15: Actually, if I did, it was completely uninttentional.
Speaker 2: Left my fault, Okay.
Speaker 15: I was trying to say top of the morning, mister Patrick, to you and the fellows and then Marston, thank for every guys in today. Nothing but positivity. Much left to the port side as well as the brg's Sorry, Dan, I've been drinking a little bit. It's my fortieth birthday today, so I'm already getting it in, which is actually the reason why I called poll question for you, what's the best holiday to be born on? Besides April twentieth. I think it's Saint Patrick's Day?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, happy birthday, Corey.
Speaker 1: Happy I.
Speaker 2: Drinking right now. The best holiday to be born on? You could have New Year's you could have New Year's Eve, you can have Fourth of July. You don't want to be born on Christmas or anywhere near Christmas for twenty Yeah.
Speaker 4: I used to have an old girlfriend and her birthday was on fourth of July, and it was so annoying because every time Fourth of July came round today, the whole country sunbrate. And then when you get to that point where you're like, man, I think we're going to break up pretty soon, that's the kind of thing that would drive you crazy. Yeah, whole country.
Speaker 2: Is that how she sounded.
Speaker 4: That's how she sounds now in my head. Just stop.
Speaker 5: Clearly over it.
Speaker 2: Any other holidays that you would like to or not like to be born on.
Speaker 5: If you're born on Thanksgiving, you're not getting your due. That day is all about family and travel. You can't have a party that day.
Speaker 2: Well, it's all about giving thanks though, Yeah, yeah, but you get stopped by Thanksgiving. Yeah, nobody wants to take time out to have you open up gifts or anything.
Speaker 4: Everybody argues about turkey or sides and everything. They're like, Okay, how about birthday cake?
Speaker 6: Yes, Tony, I don't think i'd want to be born on Halloween. It seems kind of spooky to be born on Halloween. And then if you want to give out candy and stuff, then you feel bad if you go out at dinner and then there's no one to give out the candy in your house, or if you do stay home, then you got to answer the doorbellvery five minutes when you're just trying to enjoy your birthday.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Tom, Halloween is that good? John Smoltz will join us a little later on Carlos Boozer, former duking and his two sons playing for the Blue Devils. Also in ten minutes, Todd, we bring back one dining moment. How are one of the books? Two more to go