Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, I'm strong.
Speaker 2: And Getty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: So Musk is also calling on Republicans to rip up the bill. But senators I've spoken to say they do not have time to start on Oliver, especially because the President wants this bill on his desk by July fourth. As for now, President Trump, we still have not heard from him directly on these comments by Elon Musk.
Speaker 4: Senior White House official says, well, they were caught off guard. They weren't entirely surprised by Musk's increasing attacks on the so called Big Beautiful Bill, and a source telling me people in the president's orbit are furious about Musk's posts, including where he said lawmakers should be fired for voting for the bill, calling it a betrayal, saying it suggests is open to funding democratic campaigns.
Speaker 2: Things are getting weird, a they getting weird fast, a betrayal.
Speaker 1: So here's here's where I went before we get into the analysis.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure that first reporter said, especially, okay, we got to run that again. First clip.
Speaker 3: So Musk is also calling on Republicans to rip up the bill, but senators I've spoken to say they do not have time to start of olliver, especially because the President wants this.
Speaker 2: Move on his desk.
Speaker 1: Ye accusation, I retracted Rachel Scott of ABC at pros pro and I back to you.
Speaker 5: So this is what's bothering me about this. The coverage and then well the attitude of the politicians, I suppose should make sense because that's the way they do things. The coverage in the news of it has been driving me crazy. So you think it's really like a deep, complicated story that deserves explanation and like so unusual and hard to imagine that Elon, who campaigned for Donald Trump now is against one of his pieces of a legislation.
Speaker 2: You can't accept the fact that.
Speaker 5: Almost all voters outside of people who are in Washington, d c. And work for the government and maybe some people the media, have things they believe in and believe them, whether or not they're the politician that they voted for or their friend or whatever.
Speaker 2: Goes the other direction. What are you trying to suggest, sir?
Speaker 5: Elon has been talking about the debt being unsustainable in the biggest threat to America for years, and you think.
Speaker 1: It's why he did the whole Doge business. That's why he got involved in Trump in the first place. He thought the Republican Party was the best route to do something about the debt. And you think it's odd that he's sticking with principal he believes in, rather than turning over everything he believes in and going with Trump.
Speaker 2: That, to you would be the normal thing to do.
Speaker 5: That's how cynical we are, or how whatever it is to phony all of politics is. You think the normal thing to do would have been to just go along with Trump. The abnormal thing to do is to continue to believe what you've been saying for years.
Speaker 2: That bothers me, you know.
Speaker 1: I think what that is is the the media no longer notices the tribalism, the naked like una mitigated tribalism they've It's just it's the air around them, so they don't even bother to notice its presence.
Speaker 2: And I guess think it used to be that way.
Speaker 5: I'd have to think more. I feel like there used to be politicians, for instance, that were known for and there still are a few like Rand Paul is known as a fiscal conservative that's not gonna go with you know, this bill, which he's not. But in general, it's all about no, no, no, you stick with your tribe, and if somebody breaks away from the tribe, that's really really weird as opposed to well.
Speaker 2: The guy's been saying this about, you know.
Speaker 5: Pick your topic immigration or tariffs or whatever for you know. I guess because we've seen so many people flip their opinion completely to go along with Joe Biden or Donald Trump or whoever, that that's become the norm.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at Elon Musk.
Speaker 1: You could easily write the headline or the story from the point of view. Elon Musk has such serious concerns about the bill. He has suggested revamping it. That's not very good soap opera stuff, but that's what happened.
Speaker 5: Well, he called it a what a disgusting abomination or something like that. That's a little stronger than I have some concerns about this.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm a middle child and everybody who voted for it should be ashamed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's stronger than he has serious concerns.
Speaker 5: I like that the Wall Street Journal their words were.
Speaker 2: I thought I captured him maybe I didn't.
Speaker 5: I believe the Wall Street Journal called Trump and Musk the two most powerful men in the world. If you look at it that way. If they aren't, they're close. They're in the top five. Yeah, if they're if if you look at it that way, it's pretty interesting. I mean, you know, on its own, but from Elon Musk's Twitter feed, I thought this was an interesting His pinned tweet at the top today and Elon has two hundred and twenty million followers by the way he runs the thing he retweeted somebody in journalism, Fox News Comments is a great place to understand conservative views since it gets so much traffic. I was curious what people were saying about Elon s talking the Big Beautiful Bill, and I'm shocked. Almost every comment on the Fox News Comments is in agreement with Elon.
Speaker 2: Wow. I thought that was fascinating, especially because.
Speaker 1: Fox News has gone way out of its way to be Trump friendly. I think right Elon Musk, this was a year and a half ago. He was at some speech and he said the Defense Department budget is a very big budget. It's a trillion dollars a year, and interest payments on the National jet just exceeded the Defense Department budget. They're over a trillion dollars a year just in interest in rising. We're adding a trillion dollars to our debt, which our kids and grad kids are going to have to pay somehow every three months, and then soon it's going to be every two months, and then every month, and then the only thing we'll be able to pay is interest. And it's just like a person at scale that has racked up too much credit card debt.
Speaker 5: This does not have a good ending. We have to reduce spending. He said that a year and a half ago. He's been talking about that forever.
Speaker 2: So when he.
Speaker 5: Sticks with his principles. The odd thing is that he's stuck with his principles. I find that disgusting. But that's the end of my point on that. Well said, well said.
Speaker 2: Indeed. Elon is also.
Speaker 1: Allegedly highly annoyed that a good friend, associate teammate of his was yanked from the.
Speaker 2: Nomination to be the head of NASA.
Speaker 1: This Isaacson, what's his first name, mister Isaacson, whatever his name is, because the Trump administration says, because he donated to Democrats in the.
Speaker 5: Past, yeah, we should run this clip this news clip, because that hits to what you're talking about.
Speaker 6: Some Republicans suggest Musk maybe motivated by his own self interest, sources telling us he's frustrated the bill cuts the electric Vehicle tax credit, which benefits Tesla owners. They say he's also annoyed Trump struck deals with rival AI companies, and that Trump withdrew his choice for NASA administrator.
Speaker 5: So the pushback from the Republicans in some cases is to try to make Elon look like he's just a self serving, you know whatever, like any other politician, which you.
Speaker 2: Know could absolutely be in there.
Speaker 5: But like I just read, he is saying things that are indisputably.
Speaker 2: True about our debt.
Speaker 5: There is no arguing that how did he go broke gradually then suddenly that's what we're doing? When he points that out, he doesn't there don't. I would believe that even if the ev tax credits were in there, he'd still be against this.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I think so. I think so.
Speaker 1: He has shown no or very very few signs of being a go along to get along guy.
Speaker 2: In a dozen different areas.
Speaker 1: So yeah, again, it's the soap opera deliciousness of this that is driving most of the coverage. It's no good for the country. But the mainstream media doesn't care what's good for the country. They don't spend a single second thinking about it.
Speaker 2: He is going to lose this argument, I think.
Speaker 5: So what do you think about him, you know, basically trying to whip senators against the big, beautiful bill.
Speaker 2: He's saying, don't vote for it. Kill the bill, Kill the bill.
Speaker 5: He was running that all day long yesterday on his Twitter feed, in every interview he could do. Kill the bill, Kill the bill. Do you think he's got the power to have any swam on that. A's listening to one news report where it's a senators have the tough choice to deciding between Elon Musk and Trump. I think they're gonna go with the guy who leads their party.
Speaker 2: I would agree.
Speaker 1: I could see it emboldening another one or two Senators to push a little harder, maybe another one or two congress people to hold the line a little bit longer, and some of the reforms they need as a major change driver. No, I don't think so, which is too bad. Honestly, I mean, I really really appreciate him saying this stuff. As anybody who's been listening to the show for an extended period. Nos, We've been howling this stuff for a long time now. It is the world's most predictable disaster. Unless as we were discussing yesterday, I believe is now ur three of the show. If you aren't listening, you can grab it viboodcast Armstrong and getting on demand, or I'll just recap it here very briefly. It is increasingly believed in some circles, including the that the plan is because there is no will among the electorate to raise taxes and there is no will among the electorate to cut services. We are going to solve this through rampant inflation. The twenty trillion dollars we owe today won't be worth very much after a lot of inflation for ten years, so we get paid off fairly easily with our new super cheap, worthless currency.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 5: Our old friend David Drucker, who we've met on the air many times, he usually has his finger on the pulse of Congress when they're trying to work their way through bills and talk to a lot of people about how they're going to vote. Here's his current thinking on that, and.
Speaker 7: So there just isn't a lot of support for the kind of fiscal restraint that used to sort of characterize the Republican Party, at least philosophically.
Speaker 1: I mean, four or five conservative Republicans left in the House that say no to.
Speaker 7: This, well, yea, if it's saying it's not saying no to this, it's saying no to President Donald Trump, and their voters trust Trump more than they trust them. So as long as Trump wants this bill, this bill is likely to pass. One way or the other.
Speaker 2: Bill is likely to pass.
Speaker 5: According to David Drucker, who's as good as anybody on reporting on the Hill.
Speaker 2: One way or the other, what bill though? What bill will pass?
Speaker 1: Because the Senate still hasn't responded to the House is the pogle with their own.
Speaker 5: I understand your point, but it's going to be more or less what it is now. There aren't going to be any major changes. It's going to be it's going to be a disgusting abomination. It's going to be spending.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe it ends up not being two point seven trillion, it's two point six and.
Speaker 2: A half trillion or whatever, but it's going to be mostly.
Speaker 1: This Executive producer Hanson urging us to play clip forty seven, Senator John Kennedy, we will play it, Hanson, if you assure me this there will be.
Speaker 2: No forced homespun charm. If you haven't heard this, this is really good. Let's do it.
Speaker 8: Here's what's driving and this is ultimately why I think the bill will patch. We're in uncharted waters here with the tears. Well, I think the markets should tell us that we don't know what impact they're going to have in the economy, but if we don't extend those tax cuts, we're going into a recession and our economy is going to be on a journey to the center of the Earth. And ultimately, I think that's why the bill passed.
Speaker 1: Ah, that was dangerously close at the end, Ye then to the center of the earth.
Speaker 5: I absolved myself in that. That's not the clip I was thinking of that I saw yesterday. He did some grilling in Congress about this that I thought was very very honest, like shockingly honest from a senator.
Speaker 2: Although the first.
Speaker 1: Ninety percent of it you're saying, look, we got to extend the tax cuts, no matter, Oh my.
Speaker 5: God, and the Democrats are going huge on the whole tax once again, tax cuts for the rich well punish the poor. Everybody, the Washington Post, whoever you want to talk to, from the twenty seventeen tax cuts have looked into it and made the point. The fact checker in the Washington Post, it's mostly middle class tax cuts. It just is you're lying when you claim it's tax cuts for the rich.
Speaker 2: It's just a lie.
Speaker 5: Maybe you still think it's a bad idea because we're going broke, but don't claim it's for the rich.
Speaker 1: One of the most sobering and disappointing realities of politics that we all learn sooner or later is that a lot of a lot of it revolves around the lowest information.
Speaker 2: Voters, and everyone knows it.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Marjorie, who's now against the bill Handsome for interesting AI reasons we'll have to talk about later. Hanson made a new song with the AI that he played for me yesterday. We've got to get on the air. It's so good, among other things.
Speaker 2: On the way Strong So, our executive producer.
Speaker 5: Versus this speaker, Mike Johnson says he's going to talk to elon today. There is a chance, by the way, that this turns really fun in terms of the soap opera. I care about, you know, fiscal sanity and not going broke as a country mostly and not the soap opera that DC is obsessed with. But it could turn with Elon and Trump.
Speaker 1: Those two guys are capable of if one of them fires the first shot of Oh boy, you're an ass hat, and then Elon says, why don't you go f yourself in the face? Oh wow, wow, hey ho. That was a That is something he said to a major figure in the news on his Twitter feed. I think that is newsworthy. He called Mark Zuckerberg a pedophile, didn't he? I mean he has said things like that two big deals in the past.
Speaker 2: On his Twitter.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying is if the country's going to go to hell, at least make it entertaining. So it's not beyond either one of them, especially if they both start in.
Speaker 5: It could turn crazy entertaining. So look forward to that. So our exec executive duce Our Hansen has started crafting songs with the help of AI. This one is based on we have a tendency after the show is over, Joe and Ida to say things like, you know, well that one sucked, but we'll try to be better tomorrow or that sort of thing. It's just kind of a like a running joke of I don't know, lighthearted bans. Yeah, start the music, Michael, I forgot to tell you to start the music because there's a long piano rampop, and so Mike Hanson gave the cue to the AI to do kind of a seventies soft rock based on some things we said yesterday after the show.
Speaker 9: In that spirit, let's try to put this one behind.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 9: Just tamp down the shame early John five. Maybe we do better tomorrow unless we continue to be so lame.
Speaker 2: This kind of that.
Speaker 1: Drum film coming from a mile away and this kind of guitar solo before it gets into the chorus. I mean, it is amazing that with like just a few prompts seventy soft rock couple of phrases.
Speaker 2: It crafts this song. It's frightening and horrifying. We got the chorus coming up that I think he'll enjoy it. Oh, there's more strong and any show. Just tap down, just tamp down the shade. Maybe we do. We're all swaying back and forth in the arms in the air. So it is absolutely clear that in.
Speaker 1: Putting together it's stick, it's seventies soft rock style. They absolutely studied Elton John's songs. There are a couple of characteristics a chordal in straight.
Speaker 2: Out of old Reg Dwight's songbook.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. I don't know where all of this is going. We do need to talk about AI though. I started reading a new book that has me scared to death. But maybe we'll get to that later, so we don't go all the world's coming to an end on you, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 10: This book Independent, It's about looking outside of boxes, not just always being in a partisan stance, and how do we move forward together in a compassionate way, in a way that really truly cares about people.
Speaker 1: So little KJP is putting a book out. Let's hear that next clip, Michael an era.
Speaker 10: Of misinformation, disinformation, the regressiveness of social policy, what we're seeing currently right now. What I have decided to do, and I really have thought long and hard about this, is to follow my own compass. And here's the truth, and here's how I will lay it out to you. I think we need to stop thinking in boxes and think outside of our boxes and not be so partisan.
Speaker 5: You know, so the way this struck me, and I think I have a different take on it than most of conservative media about this.
Speaker 1: If it might set it up very quickly. Little KJP has a new book out about her experiences in the White House and also has announced she's leaving the Democratic Party and is becoming an independent, hence her charting her own courses.
Speaker 5: First, some of the clips I heard, she sounded way more intelligent, thoughtful, and believable herself in all the clips that I heard than she ever did at the White House podium. I do still think that she was not cut out for that job for a variety of reasons.
Speaker 2: But she had two choices doing that job.
Speaker 5: She was either going to go out there and tell the lies the best she could that she was told to tell, or resign. Those were her two options, no other fudgerom whatsoever. You were either gonna go out there and sell those lies the best you could.
Speaker 1: Seeing the guy every day she is watching news, she had c span she is in the White House and to go out there and claim, no, he's got more energety.
Speaker 2: I mean, she was either gonna do.
Speaker 1: The bagdad bob thing, or she was gonna resign.
Speaker 2: Those were her two choices. I don't know what you would have done. I'm not sure. Well I think I don't think I could do it.
Speaker 1: But no, no, you couldn't for for reasons that are admirable. I said many times that at the time when she was the press secretary, she's terrible at her job, just absolutely terrible. On the other hand, as I pointed out many times, she is sent out there to defend the indefensible on a daily basis, and that is not easy work.
Speaker 2: So both are true.
Speaker 1: Now she's gonna we need to be less partisan and outside the boxes.
Speaker 2: I agree completely with her on that I have.
Speaker 1: That might be her particular box would not suit me very much, true.
Speaker 2: But that might be her true belief.
Speaker 5: Sure, she just had was got that job somehow, and then, you know, did it the best you could. I mean, so, I don't know what she actually believes. But if you're her agent and trying to make you help her make money coming off of this gig of a lifetime, These these white House press people often come out and go on to great lives of you know, a cable news show or whatever.
Speaker 2: They make a lot of money. What would you tell her?
Speaker 5: I thought it was interesting she decided not to be a Democrat anymore, to go no party. That doesn't seem like the best way to land an MSNBC show, which is kind of where I thought she would end up, right.
Speaker 1: Unless from her point of view, and I see her as a pretty progressive, far lefty who knows what her true colors are, like her true hair color, who knows? But I think she's a far lefty, So she might be fine if she's gonna say that the Democratic Party is too centrist, we need a revolution in this country, which she might say, but it is absolutely a terrible look for the Democratic Party in the brand that their press secretary, their.
Speaker 2: White House press. That's a good point, flees their party.
Speaker 1: That's a good you know, within a few months of being out of the White House.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 5: That was lost on me, And of course the lefty media did not make a big deal out of that. If if what's his name, Spencer Spicer, Spiser Spicer, if Sean Spicer, how could I not come up with his name? I watch him almost every day because he's on Mark Alpern's show.
Speaker 2: If Sean Spicer.
Speaker 5: Had come out a couple of months, like ninety days after he left his job and said I'm leaving the Republican Party. What an earthquake of a news story that would have been and seen as a rejection of trump Ism. Little KGP comes out and says, I'm leaving the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: That's that's a pretty big story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Unfortunately, Jack and I hate this. People are saying snarky things like this one well known White House reporter who said, did she when what's told she was writing a book? Did she find the manuscript somewhere in that fat binder she toed it around. If I were a historian writing about the White House, I wouldn't ignore what Karine has to say. But it's not an account in which much weight will be invested, just like her briefings, said the reporter.
Speaker 5: I wonder if she's CNN's trying to have the you know, we're we're not part of any party brand, which is kind of hilarious given their coverage. But maybe she's already got a show lined up on CNN and part of the deal was come out, say you're not with any party, do the book to her, and then he got your you know, your evening slot on CNN or news that might be the place. You know, you land there and you do a show after Andrew Cuomo for what it's worth, and this will be Chris Cloma. I get the Clomo's mixed up. Everybody, which one lifts weights and which one gropes women and kills old people?
Speaker 2: Andrew and Chris respectively. Honey, my sweetheart.
Speaker 1: I listened to a an hour and a half long interview with Jake Tapper and Alex Thompson about there Joe Bidel, but Joe Biden's senile as can be. Who Barry Weiss of the Free Press. Yeah, and it was. It was very, very interesting. Jake is still just trying so hard to thread the needle of Yes, everybody noticed it, and yes everybody knew it, but we didn't know it because we were misled by our sources.
Speaker 2: And I'm sticking to that. And I look back with humble nuts or whatever he's been saying. It was uncomfortable to listen to because it's so weasily.
Speaker 1: But the extent to which everybody close to the president was one hundred cognizant of his non cognizance is just it's now completely beyond dispute. Nobody could even hint that people anywhere close to them were unaware of his decline.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't give a pass to Jake Tepper for the reasons we've stated a thousand times. If two thirds or more of the American people knew it with no.
Speaker 2: Sources, come on.
Speaker 1: But I could see that if because according to the book, you know, it was just like five people, like the closest handful of people that controlled everything. And if you were friends with these people and you trusted and believed him, and you knew him for years, and they were lying to your face, oh no, no, behind the scenes, he's fine, trust me, which is what they were.
Speaker 2: Doing, right, That was actually what I was working toward. It struck me that.
Speaker 1: Because they have the access that they do, that's where their attention is toward their sources, toward their cool. I'm close to power sources, and they're they are muscles of just everyday dopes like ourselves, observation atrophy. They become dependent on the pipelines that they're dependent on, and it struck me. I'm not expressing this very well, but it struck me that they are so close, well, they can't see the forest for the trees. Maybe that's the best way to put it that all of the rest of us didn't have any problems seeing the shape of the forest, and it was unmistakable that shape and what it meant just unmistakable. But those who are close to the halls of power, and you know, and I'm trying to be at least somewhat charitable here, dependent on and they have the privilege of getting really great insider information, they are much much more easily misled than people like us.
Speaker 2: And I'm talking about you, good folks as well as Jackets. That makes sense.
Speaker 1: You could have the entire cabinet stand up and sing in luscious three part harmony that Joe Biden was as sharp as hell and we were gratified to have him as president.
Speaker 2: And I'd laughed.
Speaker 1: But if I spend my life and career listening to these people and trusting them and writing, a source close to the president said, I guess I could see where you get misled, right, But it's sad you're a journalist, which is, you know, part of the reason we've never really pursued being among the I mean, they wouldn't have us anyway, but being among the power in the elite and the Beltway crowd and all that idea just disgusts me.
Speaker 2: I don't want that.
Speaker 5: I took that from imas listening to Imus back in the day early on, he would say, and I mean he ended up being very powerful in the news world at the height of his powers. You can't go to those parties.
Speaker 2: You can't. You can't, you can't go. You just can't do that. You gotta stay away from most people. I think he's right.
Speaker 5: So coming up, among other things, we got another you know, high school sports are coming to an end. My son's high school. They got some state championship stuff going on. Another trans story. You got girls softball trans pitcher dominates and wins the state championship.
Speaker 2: A boy, you mean a young man? Uh huh.
Speaker 5: And also the Washington Post with an article of maybe ice bads aren't a good idea. And I hadn't jumped in one yet, but.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about it. I just ordered my.
Speaker 1: Ice pool among other things on the way stay here.
Speaker 2: Well some more business news.
Speaker 9: So the Jet Blue and United Airlines are forming a new partnership that will link their two companies.
Speaker 2: Check out the announcement pay free for flyers.
Speaker 11: Jet Blue and United Airlines are excited to announce our new partnership. Now you'll be able to choose for more flights, transfer miles, and enjoy your reward status on both airlines. Jet Blue in United it's time to fly.
Speaker 6: It turns out it's inspired two other airlines to partner up.
Speaker 2: Really look at this that I saw. Hey, get a load of it. Spirited Frontier hooking up this summer. Now you'll be able to do shots with the pilot. Smoke in the bathroom can bring you emotional support. Raccoon on both airlines, Spirited Frontier. Bring something to watch on your phone because your flights getting delayed. No, I can to the point, it's very to the point.
Speaker 5: I got my real ID in the mail, so I can now fly again like an adult in the United States of America if I need to. So that's very exciting. I now have a real ideation because of nine to eleven, I've got my real ID.
Speaker 1: Right and immigration or something. Anyway, congratulation.
Speaker 5: A couple of stories for you. I'll go with this sports one first w NBA without Caitlin Clark feeling the hurt. She has been hurt for the first time in her career college or pro. Then out for a couple of weeks, ratings have tanked, attendances tanked immediate. It's tough when you're the league's barely perceptible. You know, hot streak is all based.
Speaker 2: On one player.
Speaker 5: That makes it rough different sports story. And you might remember Minnesota attempted to, or at least some people in Minnesota attempted to a couple of months back, pass a no Dudes in Girls' Sports Act. That's not what it was called, but they tried to pass in it. It didn't make it. And now you have the results of that, in that you've got this girls softball team with a dude pitcher that is going to the state championship.
Speaker 2: The picture has been dominating all season at.
Speaker 5: Well done, sir, well done as a pitcher and a hitter and a bunch of key hits that allowed the team to move on through.
Speaker 2: The state championship, probably because he's a dude. I'm looking at the picture. This this, this picture is huge compared to the other girls. I mean, like way bigger compared to the girls. You mean, yeah, you know, if you want to.
Speaker 5: Be technical it, Minnesota, Minnesota, I do, I really do. Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison, he might remember that name. He's come up many times with many stories over the years. He is the attorney general there in Minnesota. He said, in addition to getting exercise and the fun of competition, playing sports comes with so many benefits to young people.
Speaker 2: It's the first thing he said on this story.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, and then and then I believe it is wrong to single out one group of students who already face higher levels of bullying harassment and tell these kids they cannot be on the team because of who they are. I will continue to defend their rights. I will continue to defend the rights of all students to play sports with their friends and peers. There's been a lot of idiotic There's been a lawsuit from one of the girls on one of the teams that lost. You might remember Trump did the executive order of no Dudes in Girls' Sports or whatever it was called. Minnesota is openly defying it, and now it's being challenging. It's got to make its way through the courts to see if President Trump can do.
Speaker 2: That for states or not.
Speaker 1: Whack him upside the head with Title nine. Baby, let's do it.
Speaker 5: One of the players involved in the lawsuit said this in a statement It is upsetting to see a male athlete dominating our sport and taking opportunities away from girls who have worked hard all season to make it to the championship game in the state tournament. On top of the unfairness, it oftentimes is a risk to play a physical sport like softball against a male athlete.
Speaker 2: Can you go back to that.
Speaker 1: Quote from Keith Ellison, that's the response to that the first part or the yeah.
Speaker 5: In addition to getting exercise in the fun of competition, playing sports comes with so many benefits for young people.
Speaker 1: Well right, or I don't believe in discriminating against people who already face a high level of something or other. NOI, Keith, Hello, it's a dude playing in girls sports and he's big, and he's strong, and he's dominating. You know. I think back to my new slogan, which was going to be cut the crap. This is a perfect example for America, Keith Ellison, cut the crap.
Speaker 2: Quit with that. You're not fooling anybody.
Speaker 1: You're not bullying anybody with that garbage, that greeting card, rhetoric about inclusion and crap. It's a dude playing sports and whooping up on the girls.
Speaker 2: That's what it is, Call it what it is and cut the crap. So a different story.
Speaker 5: We've got a long time client, Steve lomof Good Dude, who've known for a long time, who we are talking to a while back, and he swears by cold plunges, ice baths or whatever you want to call them. They're not literally ice, but it's like really cold water that you get into early in the morning.
Speaker 2: He hates it.
Speaker 5: He's not the sort of person that likes it anymore than you would like it. He says, he absolutely hates it. Every morning he thinks he's not going to do it and forces himself to do it because he's gotten such great results out of it and sleeping better, all kinds of different things. And this has been a hot story for a while. The Washington posts out today are cold plunges good for you? Here's what the science says. Cold plunges are very popular, but in a new study shows they may interfere with blah blah blah blah blah. I just wanted to bring up I haven't read the article, but I wanted to bring up this phenomenon that happens in the media all the time. Just so you can spot it, and it's just as tired as could be if you're a person who reads headlines all the time. So they'll be a new diet like intermittent fasting, and then every newspaper you read or news show, we'll talk about how great it is. And then once that's like saturated and kind of like it's tired, then they got to come out, Yeah, you got to come out a week later with why intermittent fasting might not be as good as you think it is. So and then you get all the clicks on that, and everybody does that for a while, and usually both sides of it are crap or mostly crap. So now get ready for the why ice plunges aren't everything people claim they are stories for a while, and whether they are or not, I haven't got the slightest idea, and you're probably not going to learn it from reading any of those.
Speaker 1: Articles, ah right right indeed, and actually on that topic, to sort of more or less, I suspect very strongly that the ice plunges or whatever you want to call them, cold plunges are probably really good for some people and not really good for others, and maybe bad for others and it might depend on genetics or other factors. I was just reading that they've figured out the gene mutation, and I always figured it was that let some people function perfectly well on say, four hours of sleep.
Speaker 5: Uh wow, talk about we're going to get into AI crossing paths with you know, chrispur and everything else happening at the same time, gene editing. I wonder if you can edit your genes to where you're you're you know, you're a five hour a night person. Your kid is going to be a five hour a night person for sleep? Would you do well for your baby?
Speaker 1: Sleep?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We all sleep. Why don't we get into this next hour? It's pretty interesting. Heck yeah, that's the first one I've come across where I thought I might be willing to do that.
Speaker 2: I have to put more thought into it, you know.
Speaker 1: And now Jack's playing God. We knew he was an egomaniac, didn't we?
Speaker 2: Folks? Now it's theur of your proof.
Speaker 5: Why wouldn't Why wouldn't you want to have a kid who can get by in five hours of sleep a day like some people can't?
Speaker 2: Can I do it to me? Yeah?
Speaker 5: It is it too late to edit my jeans, my old tired Jeanes Ack. If you missed the sec at the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand, subscribe Armstrong and Getty