Speaker 1: Scam, Come rub froll scam, come rub and frollam. Goddess? What was popa congregation? It's your girls.
Speaker 2: Lacy Mostly aka Scam got us back with another episode of the comedy podcast all about robbery, fraud and those who practice it. Sometimes we love them, sometimes we hate them.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: We might laugh at them, but we'll never laugh at the victims. So this is not your fault. Need congregation needs otter? What?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, stand up, stand up out of your pew, get up out of your seat while you're driving, y'all as long as you had a red light. Yes, and please give it up for a graduate of the Appright Citizens Brigade. But you know what, from so much more than that, Okay, I'm talking shows like Deep Barks and Recreation Comedy, Bang Bang, Arrested, Development, Lady Dynamite, and Matt Men with a frequent collaborator, Jessica Saint Clair. She created and co starred in NBC's Best Friends Forever and You USA Network's Playing House. I could literally read Lennon's bio wherever Okay, including she directed episodes of Going Touch that I was in Like Lynnen is that girl?
Speaker 1: Period? All Right? She's also stick Claire Spout Up their comedy Bank Bank characters.
Speaker 2: Wompler and Listener for a new Earwood podcast called Womp It Up.
Speaker 1: So you can also listen to wamp it Up.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know, that's why it was Saint Clair as a host and Marissa Wampler and par Am co hosting.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's so many places to listen to Lennon.
Speaker 2: There's so many places to watch on TV, whether she's in front of the screen or she's behind the camera. And I'm so glad to app her here today. Y'all please get up for Lennon. Lenna is good to see you. Bless it a sureau She Jesus is just Welcome to church.
Speaker 1: Welcome to church. Yes, we love a good hymnal of the start. So you joined the choir?
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, yes, absolutely I am. I'll do any solo that you want me to do, happily, happily soprano alto whatever you need.
Speaker 1: I got. I love that.
Speaker 2: That's where we do our money movement ministry. You know, you got to really get people in the mood to give.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right. Yes, not enough that your dad is like asking if passing passing the trade.
Speaker 1: Absolutely off. Don't worry where is going Okay, just going it. Just know it's flowing.
Speaker 2: Okay, We're getting to somebody, somebody in need of our money is getting you.
Speaker 3: Owe it to them for all they've done for you.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: So I usually ask on this podcast, but I have been switching it up so when I don't ask you if you have any relationship with scams, and then I'm gonna share a little listener letter that we've gotten. As always, you can send in your letters. Each snitch here goes snitch on your friend's family and your enemies. And scam got his post gmail dot com. We may just read them a lot on the show. I know it's been a minute. As I told you, I was bringing it back. But first, Lennon and I want to know about you. Did you Is there that Rennie scams pop? And when we were younger or even as an adult now, it could be anything.
Speaker 3: Well, I grow up, yeah, I mean growing up in the South, I think there was always an adult trying to pull one over on a child. Oh no, you know what I mean, just like there was like an adult authority thing. And I very my mom taught me to like that I was equal to those adults. So that did not go well really early on. But the thing, the one that pops out in my mind is okay. And I don't know if this is like a thing that happens out in the world or if it just was a one time thing. But when my husband and I first moved to La we had a we rented a place like it was a it was like a duplex sort of in the well.
Speaker 1: They took one of those big houses and kind of cut it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we were on the bottom. No, we were on the top and our landlady landlord was on the bottom. But it was it was like in this remote part of Echo Park where it's a walking trail. So you park on the street and then you go upstairs and then you have to walk down a brick path past three other.
Speaker 1: Like dateline like sold houses.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that means, but yes.
Speaker 2: Like I mean like like the type of house you would see on dateline. You know what I mean, Like you went on it's featured on dateline, because what do you mean house in a wooden path area and leave the lip path area to gets you.
Speaker 3: Passed by like a little cabin, and there were there were trails that led to the backyards of other houses, but our house was the last house, and uh.
Speaker 1: Okay, it also sounds like a horror movie title, the last house.
Speaker 3: And there was like a stone archway that had been built that said like eighteen seventy nine or something on the front of it. And our land lady had locked herself out and she called a locksmith and they came and let her in. And about two days later I came home and the front door was unlocked and we had been broken into. And I looked around.
Speaker 2: Like a Brinks type things, glasses breaking or like.
Speaker 3: Well that's the thing. Yes, there was broken glass, but I think that they were trying to stage it to look like it was a robbery when really it was the locksmith. Wow, because when I did my like and I was watching The Closer a lot, like here's Edgewick's The Closer.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So you were locked at.
Speaker 3: This and so when I walked in, I knew something was off. And then I walked into I think, our our guest room, where are like Josh and iMac should have been, and it was gone. And then I went in to see they had taken my grandmother's jewelry, which was like random. And then I tried to figure out how did they get in because they went out the front door, I think, and there was a footprint on top of the washing machine, like on a towel that was on top. But the footprint, had they broken in from the outside, would be facing in away from the window.
Speaker 2: C S, I ha got shut on you can, you said, scoot over ice to you. Let me get my white gloves out. Let's start looking around.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was facing out, and the broken glass that would have been on the inside if they had broken that window to get in, was outside of the window on the on the dirt path. So I know somebody let themselves in with the lock in that room and then staged it to look like they broke in from the outside, but not thinking like, oh right, all of that glass and those dirt prints should be the other direction.
Speaker 1: Right if you're breaking in? Oh yeah, I'm confused.
Speaker 2: This is like, okay, if you're a locksmith and you don't wanted to get pointed back to you, why not just break in like a normal robber? Like why did you add the locksmith element to it all? It was unnecessary, dude, Like that's hat on the hat. They didn't they won't know it was me if I used my blacksmith tool. Kid, But then I mean it looked like a robbery. Just make it look like a robbery.
Speaker 3: Well, they didn't break into our landlord's apartment. They only broke into ours, so like they had they had let her back into that apartment, I think, and they were like, oh, we won't break into that one because they'll know it's us, but we'll break into the one above it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the logic here wasn't great for my locksmith guys, Like I kind of wish they would have just stuck the unlocking doors for people legally, because the second they tried to like really great themselves.
Speaker 3: Yes I can stage it. Yeah yeah, they they never got caught though, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I usually tell people with impostor syndrome to just keep trying, but sometimes you shoot above your your your belt level, and this feels like they weren't skilled enough to go to the next level of breaking into people's homes.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, well this.
Speaker 2: Is a short little scam letter, so we'll get to it before we get to our historic HOODWIEK today so I need a fake name for this person. Lennon, we don't care about gender on this show, and as always, snitched on your friend's family, yourself, your enemies, and scam guyspot at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: Okay, the name is uh Talise.
Speaker 1: Ooh Toalise, where did that come from? That loaded? You know what's Leise worm?
Speaker 2: I don't, so Talise says, Hey, I just found your podcast and I'm obsessed with Thank you. Toalise, I'm read this letter is from a little while ago. I'm not gonna say how long because you're not gonna know how triple and I am. But Touise, I hope that you re really hung on.
Speaker 1: Social media after this episode comes out.
Speaker 3: Get on Blue Sky or wherever we're supposed to be these days, Like my god.
Speaker 1: To Lise, tell me still, let me please, you're still there. I need to know. Okay, we're gonna be looking for you to lose.
Speaker 2: So Tllise says that I've been thinking about if I had a story, and I couldn't think of anything. So I remember the story of how my dad was involved in a scam when I was a kid, but in a pretty unusual way. So there was a local business in my area when I was growing up that happened to have a phone number that was one digit from my dad's cell phone number. At some point, some scammers created another business and quotes that basically replicated the legit one, but just never followed through on their products. The fake business had a website with fake addresses and the fake number, which which was just like one digit off of the other business. This information or like one letter off of the street name, like all of this was just like almost identical. And so for years, to lisays, my dad would get calls from angry customers about how he stole their money and didn't deliver.
Speaker 1: He was really confused about it for a while because he had no other ties to the business and people weren't exploiting what was going on because they thought he was playing dumb.
Speaker 2: So, basically, to Lisa's father allowed a scam to go on forever. What do you mean for years you never thought to go to the business father and tell them, hey, did.
Speaker 3: He not know that his number was one off? I think because once you get the call multiple times, you gotta be right. And this is before call blocking and all that stuff. You would just get a yeah, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll be like, I'm not a phone number nowhere. You know, that's not my thing.
Speaker 3: So how would he have found out about this other business?
Speaker 2: I feel like there are a certain point you have to be like, what services am I offering? What's the name of my business? But to be this unbothered I kind of love your dad to lose that much that he just kept getting angry phone calls and was like I don't get it, and then just going about his day and answering.
Speaker 3: It and like kind of taking it and being like I hear you, I hear you. I have no idea what you're talking about. A lot of people keep calling me. It's not me. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: I hope it made him feel like very important in love, Like my phone's always bringing up the hooks, people always calling me.
Speaker 3: Who I gotta let them.
Speaker 2: Know when they call. They always have so much passion. Look, there's never a boring.
Speaker 3: Collar services like what worth services that he that these other people have supposedly offered, and who was paid from a random place for that?
Speaker 2: And there was a brick and mortar store in their neighborhood. So I'm guessing that's why when people called and didn't get the services, they were also confused because they were like, we know you have a physical business here, I don't know what the services are. That was never said. So list does not tell us what the leads.
Speaker 3: We need more info.
Speaker 2: You need to tell us what the b business was, the legit one and the fake one, because what are these services with the service is supposed to come to me? It says that he was stealing their money, or he didn't deliver. Was he physically delivering or delivering physically.
Speaker 3: But like I said, like a pizza place and they ordered and they what they give their credit card over and some some rando is running it, like are they sending a check.
Speaker 1: Out there?
Speaker 2: These are questions that need answers because as simple as the story as this was, I'm trying to make out if your dad's not really a part of the scammer of viz because right now, to Lise, I'm not quite sure. We don't know what the products or the services were. We don't know what if he was a part of the scam of it all, and those calls just came because what those calls us, I don't know, Tom h We need more info, Yeah, Lennon, I'm on your side. I feel like there's too much left out here for me to know who's the scammer and who was just accidentally involved in a scam. Scam God, since we don't know who's who, that brings us into my favorite segment of this show, and what a lovely said segue, historic hoodwinks. This is where I were with Kaye Lennon with the famous Concave group of criminals will get opinion all throughout. Maybe we like them, maybe we hate them, maybe we can't figure out who they are.
Speaker 1: So for thirty.
Speaker 2: Years, Matthew David Kieran's assumed the identity of another man so convincingly that his victim was forcibly medicated and jailed for identity theft himself.
Speaker 1: So this is Matthew. He's our scammer. He has a face that a mother.
Speaker 3: Still honor at THEOL. Have questions about his neck, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, questions like where did it go? Is it? Is it coming back?
Speaker 3: It's straight down from this from the top of it. Ray working his neck out. He does look like parts of him worked out.
Speaker 2: Maybe it is kind of giving Lego Bill though he was like he had shoulders and they were like in the head.
Speaker 3: And then pop it off, pop it off.
Speaker 2: Or maybe or maybe you're right, and maybe he was doing those neck ups, you know when they put the big heavyweights on the back of the neck and they do the neck ups.
Speaker 1: So Matthew here, he's our scammers.
Speaker 2: And his victim was William Woods, who is now fifty five.
Speaker 1: He's been down on his luck for a long time. This is William. He looks like what life let's put him through?
Speaker 2: He looks like like he could have been on cast Away, the movie.
Speaker 3: He does Trapped on an Island. Is this a real picture of this real man?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I don't want to make fun of like because he's the victim. So I'm not trying to make fun of him in a way that I'm like coming for his looks.
Speaker 1: I'm coming for.
Speaker 2: Him the way his experience looks like like this man looks like he's been.
Speaker 3: Kenny Rogers down here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like he looked like he definitely sent like a message at a bottle before, like but really waited on his return, like maybe he's even received.
Speaker 3: Some So what happened was the gentleman the aforementioned neck stole his identity and then did so many nasty things.
Speaker 2: Yet they were fun together. Oh, they were certain point together. He was working like odd jobs in New Mexico in the eighties, then as a day laborer in El Paso, Texas, and then at a laundry matt in Las Vegas. Eventually he moved to southern California. This is William would the victim. William says that he stayed in hotels and motels and lived on the streets and sold gemstones, gold scraps, and other items he found on the streets of downtown, LA's Jewelry district. In twenty fifteen, a YouTuber known as Fauci Tube found William living on the street and created a series of videos with more than one million views each documenting Bossy Tube giving William food and paying for him to stay in a hotel.
Speaker 1: So this is.
Speaker 2: Yusuf and he has a YouTube channel where he goes outside to visit an housed people and make videos of them, which is the thing that people do now for money.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about that? Because on one handle them like they are helping, But on the other hand, I'm like, do we have to be on YouTube?
Speaker 2: But also the money you're making from YouTube. Is that helping you help more people?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's questionable for sure. I mean, I guess it depends on the type. I mean, I feel like the the lasting help is better, not the one time handout right, the organizations that are there doing the work and knowing that know the population and are able to actually help on a consistent basis and help to support, you know, folks in the way that they want to be helped.
Speaker 2: I love that, And I love what you said at the end about in the way that they want to be helped and not just being like.
Speaker 1: This is what we think you deserve.
Speaker 2: And also we got a camera in your face you do and I'm like, that is gross to me. But seeing people help and knowing where to donate things like that, if you can't physically be out there, You're right then there's like two sides of this. I absolutely agree.
Speaker 3: So he's getting him housed for the night, but he's gonna pay for.
Speaker 1: It, mm hmm. Okay, And side notes this mister Fossey gentleman.
Speaker 2: He also was in the movie Boo madea Halloween, So.
Speaker 3: So I mean he's multifastted. We got a lot of men with many different versions of personalities.
Speaker 1: Like that's how they got along. It's like I don't have.
Speaker 2: The different things too. I make these YouTube videos on the street, I work with media.
Speaker 3: I see myself and you. We have all different parts.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's serial entrepreneurs.
Speaker 2: So William would use the money that Fauci gave him to pay for credit monitoring service and learned that someone was racking up debt and opening accounts under his name.
Speaker 1: So he was telling people like, something's up.
Speaker 2: I know these accounts, these cars, like I didn't have access to my money and now this fousi man slash media star.
Speaker 1: Has helped me.
Speaker 2: So an assistant manager at the bank, and this is in August of twenty nineteen. William went to this bank in la and at this branch told the assistant manager that he discovered someone was using his credit card and accumulated a large amount of debt. He wanted the account numbers with his name on them so he could closed them out.
Speaker 1: Normal thing for someone to want to do.
Speaker 2: He gave the assistant manager his Social Security card and his California ID. There were bank accounts in his name with lots of money in them. But William couldn't answer the security questions. The assistant manager called the phone number on the bank accounts and the person on the line did answer the questions correctly. The bank employee called the police on the real guide, so they laped. Officers arrived. They didn't believe someone had used William's social Security number.
Speaker 1: They didn't believe it was his card.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the bank the accounts are full of money, so they weren't full of debts.
Speaker 1: So he was taking out loans and taking.
Speaker 2: Out debt, this fake William. Oh, that's how he had money coming in because he was using it for crime. He was doing all types of things. He's doing this all under this poor William's name, right, And.
Speaker 3: The police did not believe him when he went to say because he couldn't answer for the security question. But how would he answer it if he had not opened the account in the beginning.
Speaker 2: I also don't think that was the only reason the security guards didn't help him. I feel like he didn't know how to use his whiteness in this moment, Like you can't come in here looking like castaway babes. You should have went the CBS first, got yourself a little shape, but you put your little push your little colone one, get really in your monarchy bag, like you, Kay's.
Speaker 3: Got something happened and there's some kind of self doubt that is this hiding. It's like Samson and Delilah situation, Like he does not want to cut he needs to always have some kind of a Yeah.
Speaker 2: He went into the bank looking like he just finished a convo with Wilson. So I'm like, I don't think the bank is going to believe you over the sky on the phone. Who can answer all the security questions which was fucked up to see, But here we are.
Speaker 3: So Neck is answering these questions far away and saying.
Speaker 1: That is the real guy. I'm the real I'm the real.
Speaker 3: But with he also like wiggling and his boots because now the real guy's onto him.
Speaker 1: Now Neck has been doing this for a while.
Speaker 2: So y yeah, So I'm not sure at this point if like I feel like Necks would come up with so much confidence just on the basic way that he moved. Ye, you're out stealing he is. I think he was like, hey, mister officer. Like I think he's like, you know, he watching.
Speaker 3: His white says use it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's using it. Right, and the other guy's using it wrong.
Speaker 2: He's palling up with the officers, like I didn't see on the greens this weekend?
Speaker 1: What weight do you use?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And williams over You're like, please please give me my identity here, and they're like, get crazy, get out of here. Crazy.
Speaker 3: Well, that's also you know, ones in person and ones on the phone. So it's also like someone that needs to go into a physical branch to do their banking, you know what I mean? Right, But this was also in the before times when Chase still existed in person.
Speaker 2: That is also listen, then you're right, like people not taking cash anymore like they used to, or if you physically go into a bank to deposit a check, they're like what are you going through? Like why are you paying something? In person? Like yeah, you literally feel like you're on good times. Yeah, absolutely understand. So when you know, the lapd arrived, obviously they did not believe poor William. They talked to the real account holder, mister Thickneck, on the phone, who facts them a copy of another social Security card, a Wisconsin driver's license, and a Kentucky birth certificate.
Speaker 1: The cops arrested poor William.
Speaker 4: He spent two years locked up awaiting trial, Yeah, including more than one hundred days in a psychiatric hospital.
Speaker 1: No bab because he was losing his mind because the whole world was telling him that he's well. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Eventually, he pleaded no contest to identity and false impersonation in exchange for time served sentence and immediate release from custody. So he just said he was guilty so he could get out of jail.
Speaker 3: Without where's Fausi through all this? Is he filming Medea in Atlanta? Like why isn't he's stepping up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe Fauci had to go film uh Madia's last wish. Media goes to Hamaka or something because he was supposed to be helping.
Speaker 1: You're right, where did he go? Soh my god? Oh man? This is wait? Is this is this?
Speaker 3: What is this picture?
Speaker 1: So now we're seeing this is a stick neck?
Speaker 3: Okay, so he got he gets married in nineteen ninety four, but he still used the other guy's name. This is like, h this is a sleeping with the enemy.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, he's like unrelenting, like he's a.
Speaker 3: White female like.
Speaker 1: Rab and run.
Speaker 2: So finally, I'm just happy that he got out of jail. But this is going to ruin his life obviously. But he was the real William Wood, we know that, right, And this con began thirty years earlier at a hot dog cart in Albuquerque. William the victim, had been working at that hot dog cart for years when Matthew, who was our thick Neck, was hired in nineteen eighty eight. The two guys didn't interact until William's wallet went missing. Matthew admitted to stealing the wallet and gave it back William's security card steal inside. So Matthew was like, my bad man, I did steal your wallet because you know it was it was left round for stealing, but here it is.
Speaker 1: You can have it back.
Speaker 2: But it didn't matter if you physically had the wallet because obviously he's already copied the contents, right, A poor little poor a little matthor.
Speaker 3: Sorry, a hot dog cart, I mean.
Speaker 2: Because remember like at the time William was working all those jobs. This is before he met Fausi between Fausti's media job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was back in his New Mexico days, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also like calling Matthew thick neck because Matthew and Williams sound like the same name to me.
Speaker 1: It's the same name in a different font, and it's confusing me.
Speaker 2: Our forefathers definitely, So thick Neck is the evil guy. Guys, I'm not gonna say Matthew, and he was just like every Matthew's a scam.
Speaker 1: This could be anybody if I keep saying his name.
Speaker 2: So thick Neck stopped using his own name, birthday, or social Security number and only used William's name and info for employment, insurance, driver's licenses, titles, loans, and credit. He even paid taxes under his former coworker's name.
Speaker 3: That sounds like psychosis ray.
Speaker 2: So he took this man's identity for so long that the man couldn't prove that it was his to get it back. Because this man has now established so many different lines of credit. He's even like paying tax isn't doing like the legal things under this poor man's name.
Speaker 1: Thick Neck was busy, huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also like the choice to steal this guy's identity, Like how down on your luck do you have to be? Like his life must be better than mine. He's got this steady job at the hot dog cart, you know, right, like I would.
Speaker 1: They had recent credit.
Speaker 3: Steal some investment banker or something's identity, like.
Speaker 5: Because I feel like that person we would find out faster, like investment maker is more likely to be opening lines of credit than somebody who seems to be like kind of like in and out of being housed and seems to like probably not have a bank account, like like he wasn't calling the bank when he went to the bank, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Versus if this is like a wall stee Chad, he's probably paying a little bit more attentions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, make the ins and outs and the ups and downs of the market.
Speaker 2: One thing I say, I will say I do respect about this is Thicknick did keep his scam going.
Speaker 1: Thick Neck didn't try to get greedy.
Speaker 2: He trying to go above and beyond.
Speaker 3: He named his child. He named his child the wood Lake with Woods is the last name.
Speaker 2: Naming your kid with the last name though, it is so funny, so she looks. So he just stayed with the bit. He stayed with the bit. He gave him the last names. I mean, we gotta give him the commitment to the bit. In the nineties, he got a Colorado ideas William Woods, then a job at a fast food restaurant. He must have been doing something at these jobs he was getting fired from because he kept needing to have Matthew's identity and a new idea.
Speaker 3: Maybe he was Yeah, maybe he was looking for other people's identities to steal.
Speaker 2: So Thickneck got married in ninety four, again using those names that he stole, and for some weird reason, in twenty twelve, thick Neck requested and received a certificate like a copy of William's birth certificate from Kentucky using information from ancestry dot com.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh my god, this is so upsetting.
Speaker 2: Also, like see this is why don't use that session dot com because it's like it'll pull your DNA for your cousins.
Speaker 3: You can't take it because I do it. I do it, And you can set it to private. You're not sharing with other people.
Speaker 2: But if they're interest them when they say private, because they're always like, hey girl, sorry about your privacy again, it's us, we gave it.
Speaker 1: Well, that is true.
Speaker 3: I have like a whole file folder for for data, data loss or whatever it's.
Speaker 2: Called, right, because I saw every other day they're like, hey girl, yeah we gave away your data. Yeah you don't want it, did you?
Speaker 1: Did we want.
Speaker 3: Here's a complimentary identity theft software that will be so difficult to set.
Speaker 2: Up, just a hans up, change all your passwords. It was just a hans up.
Speaker 3: Though you don't get your Social Security number. Don't worry, though.
Speaker 2: Somebody is being you right now. But if you heard, you can catch thic nic before they get too far.
Speaker 3: Okay, but just okay. Thick Neck gets married to someone you someone else's name and saying security, does that still count? Like, is he still legally married and entitled to all this stuff that he sets up in someone else's name?
Speaker 2: Well, you would think that the person whose real name is married would be the one entitled to any damn or like any finances there because on paper, thick Neck is not married to this woman, right, not a real time mister Woods is. So so how did it all?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The couple a child in Oregon who also got the Woods last name, like we talked about. Thick Neck later got a job as a system's architect at the University of Iowa's hospitals and clinics under again William's name, because that's what he does now and.
Speaker 1: Think Neck worked remotely from home.
Speaker 2: And Wisconsin was paid at least seven hundred thousand dollars by the hospital over a ten year period. Between twenty sixteen and twenty twenty two, he took out vehicle at personal loans in William's name from more than two hundred thousand dollars. He was living the middle last dream with somebody else's name. So finally, our poor victim here, mister Woods. Excuse me, he's tired of a thick next shit, He's got to do something right. So the district's attorney's office charged the real William with two felonies. Again, not fake William, this is again, And so for two months William is again.
Speaker 1: Real William is back in jail.
Speaker 2: But he got a new lawyer this time, and he said he wanted an investigator, but the things he said didn't seem to make sense. In February twenty twenty, the judge found that William was not mentally competent to stand trial and ordered him into a psychiatric hospital. So things got worse for mister Woods. He was like, I'm telling y'all, I'm not crazy. I'm not crazy. They're like, we're going to put you in a psychiatric hospital. Eight months later, after delays and do bedspace and COVID our. Poor William was taken to the Patent State Hospital at San Bernardino.
Speaker 1: He was convicted in March twenty twenty one. He played no content.
Speaker 3: They kid, this is a real downer for the real.
Speaker 1: Downer I know.
Speaker 2: And then oh the one hundred and forty seven days he had to spend in the hospital. So unfortunately, after all of this, he was ordered to stop using the name William Woods, who was the guy, not thick Neck, not thick Nick.
Speaker 3: He was told he was ordered by the law to stop using his own name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, yeah, I'm gonna let that.
Speaker 3: Set for a second, because.
Speaker 2: Like, poor poor William, he like when it was all said and they were like, sorry, my bad, but also don't use that name.
Speaker 1: No one.
Speaker 3: Okay, tell me there, tell me, tell me thick Neck gets put away, tell me thick Neck gets caught.
Speaker 2: So in twenty twenty one, real William, okay, please stand up, contact the police department in Wisconsin and reported that thick Neck has stolen his identity. That same month, thick Neck goes to the police and says, I'm found acclaim to you stole my identity. So now they're doing the spider man meme at each other like who stole the identity? Me?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 2: And thick Neck knows he stole the identity but now you know, but he's.
Speaker 3: Been living in I mean, who really needs to be in a mental hospital, Like he's been living this with this other man's identity for this long he believes it.
Speaker 2: Now right, Yeah, why shouldney? The whole world is validated it and put this the real William you know, in a psycholop psychiatric center. So William stay with me here, good lord, hey when this happens. William then filed customer disputes and an attempt to clear his credit report. Matthew filed a second identity theft complaint with local police and admitted this.
Speaker 1: So this is fake William.
Speaker 2: Matthew was like, I'm going to follow another complaint against real William because real William keeps trying to file complaints against me.
Speaker 1: So in twenty twenty three, this is where we learn.
Speaker 2: That thick Neck we know where thick Neck works, okay, and William finds out and William's on that ass. So Williams has Detective Ian Mallory collect DNA from the hospital that thick Neck's biological father who was listed on his real birth certificate, proving that thick Neck was his own father's son. Stay with me here, So basically, real William figures out where thick Neck works. It's a sample of thick necks. DNA secretly secretly has Detective Ian on the case, and now we know that there's no way that thick Neck could be William.
Speaker 1: I feel so bad for William.
Speaker 2: He had to do us on police for a kid to pay his own investigators.
Speaker 3: And this while in and out of a mental hospital. I mean, this is how serial killers are created. You want to know the beginning of like a horror film down there at the at the last house on the end of the brick path. This is it, because he comes out of that mental hospital with nothing to lose.
Speaker 2: And I think you're right about him, because eventually thick Neck does plead guilty in federal court. So Detective Ian Mallory goes as far to meet thick Neck and he tells thick Neck. He's like, hey, there's this other guy, William. He says he's the real you. And thick Neck's like, oh, that guy is crazy. He should be locked up, and blah blah blah and then the conversation, Mallory asks thick Neck for his father's name, and thick Neck accidentally said his real daddy name the first time, and that's how he gets caught. Accidental real daddy release.
Speaker 1: Wow. So then he planned guilty.
Speaker 2: In federal court think Ne in twenty twenty four, and in a letter written to the court on thick Neck's behalf, his son identified him as the son of Matthew Kieran's formerly known as William Woods in either case known to me as Dad, and Matthews was still sentenced to twelve years in prison. So love that your son was trying to be like, hey, uh no, even though he.
Speaker 1: Was never mister Woods, he was always mister Woods.
Speaker 2: He was Daddy Woods to me, sir, your dad is weird and you should not be defending him.
Speaker 3: That is a line from a MAdM movie for sure.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's where they got it from.
Speaker 2: It's like that was Daddy Woods to them, because you know, thick Neck also said my life is over and everything is gone. It's like, sir, your life should be over because that's what you did to this poor man, mister Woods. You took his life away, his sanity as health is home like, what do you mean we should what was you get your.
Speaker 1: Thick ass neck behind them bars?
Speaker 2: At least we know you can't show me out because we know you're not getting that neck due to bars.
Speaker 3: Nope, getting stuck like one of those children toys. Oh gosh, those plastic ones that are up and down straight.
Speaker 2: Oh well, what brings us to the end of what was a strange episode. But I'm so happy to have you here though, making it fun as light for me.
Speaker 1: We always had something this podcast. What would you like to be found?
Speaker 2: Where you want people to hear your show, see your work, whatever that is.
Speaker 3: You can follow me on Instagram at Lennon Parum and that's it.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can find us a scam, got a pot if you want to see this man's sick ass next it is so thick. I encourage you mourn for that alone.
Speaker 3: Look at it because you will not believe your eyes.
Speaker 2: Follow me and my shenanigains at tib La c I do elasi on all platforms the congregation. Yeah, y'all get out there, and I mean you're not going to be this thick, okay, but don't stop believing. Apparently you can be anybody who want to be including somebody else for the rest of their lives.
Speaker 1: Don't recommend them well, recommend Oh Goddess.
Speaker 2: Scam Gooddess is an iHeartMedia and Big Money Players production. The show is hosted by me Lacy Moseley, the SVP of West Coast Production's Jack O'Brien, Vice president of Programming Miles Gray, and Director of Programming Lindsay Hoffman Oversea Production. Our executive producer is Joel Monique. Our senior producer is b Haskins. Ina Burke is SEP of content, with additional services provided by Mark Canson, Dylan Unger and the team at Hot Dog Sandwich.
Speaker 6: Our editor is engineer Justin Conner. Our theme music is composed by me Lacy Moseley. Cover on photo is Robin von Swang. You could follow the show at Scam Got his Pod on Instagram TikTok.
Speaker 2: If you've been scammed, pulled the scam, or saw a scam, send us an email at scam goott his Pod at gmail dot com to tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to like and subscribe and tell a Fred