Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final.
Speaker 2: Hour in this Monday gangs all here ready to go. You're best and worst of the weekend. Phone calls are welcome. Eight seven to seven to three DP. Show stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America. The official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show have a new poll question eight seven seven to three DP. Show Operator Tyler is sitting by to take your calls. The Niners favored by five and a half at the Colts tonight. I don't gamble anymore, but the Colts at home with five and a half. Would I take the five and a half with the Colts? Yeah, I used to always do home dog Monday night.
Speaker 3: Always always.
Speaker 2: Colts with old man rivers. Okay, you know the defense is what stood out in that loss against Seattle and forty.
Speaker 3: Nine ers don't have a lot of firepower.
Speaker 2: It's basically, you know, basically Christian McCaffrey, who is quietly having an unbelievable year, but he doesn't like there aren't highlights when I watch.
Speaker 3: He just doesn't have it feels.
Speaker 2: Like that that exter move, that extra burst, that extra gear. But they go to him, he's going to have over four hundred touches this year for a guy coming off injuries and coming back and being the integral part of that offense. Because quarterbacks have changed, wide receivers have changed, you lost your two best defensive players. And oh, by the way, you're in the thickest things and not just your division but overall. In the NFC all Right poll question for the final hour of the program, Nate Burlson on loan from CBS Sports in a little bit Seaton, Yeah, we.
Speaker 4: Got a couple of real negativity Monday Polk questions as you only come to expect.
Speaker 2: And Paulie is promising an even more negative whole question coming up as well.
Speaker 3: That's fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul's first negative pole question, who do you believe in least Alabama or Miami right now? Miami's got sixty three percent of that vote. And then which NFC playoff team do you believe in least? Seahawks Bears, forty nine Ers, Eagles. The Bears have forty two percent of that vote. Second place is the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Okay, Eagles can win the Super Bowl again.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean it's it's kind of weird when you watch them play, and yes, they've brought in criticism because it just feels like there's some kind of disconnect with that coach is quarterback defense isn't as stout as it has been.
Speaker 3: But you do have skilled position players on offense.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody compares to them, those two receivers, that tight end, that running back. And you know, Jalen Hurts is not a great quarterback. I think he can play great, but that doesn't mean came a great quarterback. Yeah, Pauling, here's the new pole question.
Speaker 5: Which fan base of a recently competitive team that was in the playoff picture just a week or two ago should feel the worst today? Baltimore Ravens fans uh, Detroit Lions fans yes? Or Tampa Bay Buccaneers fans lines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Lions were going to the Super Bowl a couple of years ago. They're leading at halftime. They were going to the Super Bowl and probably would have won the Super Bowl. They may not make the playoffs now, and it wasn't just yes. I mean, you know now they're healthy ish. Last year they weren't. You didn't have Aiden Hutchinson. But I mean Tampa was just they're in a bad Division. I thought, Okay, all you got to do is win nine games. You're in the playoffs, and then you're going to host a playoff game. Maybe you could catch magic in a bottle, Lightning in bottles, what they like to say. Jamiir Gibbs caught a touchdown pass in the loss to the Steelers. He has forty eight career touchdowns. He passes Barry Sanders for most touchdowns by a player under the age of twenty four all time. He has the most touchdowns by a player in his first three seasons in NFL history.
Speaker 6: Stand of the Day, stant of to day, Statuta day, stant out to day. This is the Style of the Day, brought to you.
Speaker 2: By panadi America, the official trading cards for the Dan Patrick Show. I'll go back to the draft and leading into the draft, my source said he is a Marshall Falk kind of running back. And you know, was he going to be drafted in the first fifteen? Ah, you don't take you know, running backs up there. But my sources, an NFL scout, gave us those words that I said on this show. Jamiir Gibbs, in his opinion, was a Marshall Fulk kind of player. One of the greatest hybrid running backs of all time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paul, I've got the Detroit Lions draft grades from that draft. Where they took was that twenty twenty three. They took Jack Campbell the linebacker and Jamiir Gibbs. I think they traded up to get them at twelve. Yep, they got d's D minuses, C minuses way too early. For Jamir Gibbs. You traded up for a running back who you could have got five picks later. You don't take a running you don't take a middle linebacker in the first round. True, they got ripped up in the draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're getting further and further away from the super Bowl when you think about it. I mean, I had him winning the Super Bowl this year. About everybody's healthy, now's your time, now's your turn. Yeah, Marv.
Speaker 7: As a Lions fan, would you be more upset about always being terrible or having great expectations and not living up to them?
Speaker 3: Okay, your pain.
Speaker 2: Occurs at different stages, So it's either it could be January or it could be October where you're not any good and you're not going anywhere and the pain of another loss season, or we have a chance to go to the Super Bowl. I mean, I'll take that crushing defeat against the Niners.
Speaker 3: I mean it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Hurt, but it hurts in a positive way. We got to that point instead of where the Lions would be like, how how many losses are they going to have this year? You gotta have double digit losses that I mean, there was no heart beat there. Now you have it, which means you're gonna have a heart attack, and that's what happened. But you're getting further and further away. And the Bears are a good team. Packers are a good team, not as much now with the injuries, but and maybe the Vikings figured out next year. So if you're a Lions fan, you're like, we got some pieces here, but you're getting further and further away from the goal. Yeah, Pauline.
Speaker 5: The Lions are the second best scoring offense in the NFC, only to the Rams. They've outscored their opponents by seventy eight points. That's third best in the NFC, and they're eight and seven.
Speaker 3: Here's Dan Campbell on the wild ending to the game yesterday.
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't even want to get into it, you know, because it's not going to change anything. We still lost, you know, you know, I mean, look, you think you score, you don't score, and then you know, you think you're gonna have another play, replay it or back it up one more shot, and it doesn't. And that's just I guess that's the way it's written in the rule book. So that's frustrating. But there again, it should never come to that. We had our opportunities, we weren't able to put it in before that plate.
Speaker 2: They did have opportunities. You know what would help stopping the run. Who knew the Steelers gonna run for two hundred yards and you're gonna get fifteen yards. That's the first drive with Jamir Gibs. Normally, yes, Todd, that was.
Speaker 9: Even more glaring. Stopping the runners one thing.
Speaker 10: But you got these great running backs and you end up with this fifteen yards from the entire game. That's just unacceptable when there's a playoff spot in the line.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Wait, now you're upset, No.
Speaker 1: I was upset.
Speaker 10: I'm only upset about the Broncos, but in that particular game, to go a whole game and only have fifteen yards rushing.
Speaker 3: By the way, by the way, do you have a pie coming?
Speaker 2: I do all right at the end of the end of the show, because we had Marcus in Jacksonville who not only said Jacksonville would win the game, they would win by fourteen, who we assume doesn't.
Speaker 9: Have any special intel with Vegas and the odds.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. He had him winning by fourteen. He gave you thirteen points. With the Broncos at home.
Speaker 10: It got to a point where I knew the Broncos are going to losing that it was all about rooting for them to not lose by fourteen.
Speaker 3: How was morale at home yesterday?
Speaker 9: Absolutely horrible?
Speaker 10: And then one of their players gets hurt and gets taken out on us stretcher with thirty seconds.
Speaker 9: Left, and it looked like really bad.
Speaker 10: Thankfully, latest reports are he's doing okay and he's out of the hospital. But on top of that and bow Nicks felt horrible and there's a throw across the middle and.
Speaker 9: He just got crushed.
Speaker 2: You from the breakdown of that game, maybe the name of the player, yeah, Tony Romo, just give me a number.
Speaker 9: But that happened with thirty seconds left in a fourteen point game.
Speaker 3: So when that team they threw it to the guy and then he did the thing. Remember that when that happened, he got hurt in the body.
Speaker 6: Crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if you're a Broncos fan, despite yesterday's loss, you have to feel great right now.
Speaker 6: You could wash that.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you feel great today.
Speaker 5: Entering the playoffs with that defense.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I don't feel great today. What did they want?
Speaker 9: Like nine in a row.
Speaker 3: I may feel greater, you know.
Speaker 2: As I you know, remove myself from this loss at home to Jacksonville.
Speaker 3: I think it's an easy shakeoff. Yeah, well, Todd doesn't like Taylor Swift to shake it off.
Speaker 9: They're lucky they still have the.
Speaker 10: One seed because I guess they have the tie breaker with the Pages. But they had an opportunity to jump a game.
Speaker 3: Waits is it they?
Speaker 9: Or we had an opportunity to jump a game on New en You gotta make up?
Speaker 3: Come on, Okay, it's all.
Speaker 9: We We had him opportunity to jump a game on New England.
Speaker 10: We had to just to really prove ourselves to the doubters against a very tough team to keep the winning streak going. And now we don't even have the AFC West yet. The Chargers are still looming and we got to play them in the final week of the season.
Speaker 3: Yes, divisions up in the air.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yes, who's distancing themselves more from their team or Travis Kelcey. It's like, hopefully Mahomes can get back to the Chiefs, not us. Same thing with him. The Broncos play terrible.
Speaker 2: Uh did Travis Kelcey play yesterday? Do we even know his numbers? I I didn't watch the game. I saw some highlights, but I mean I was just curious. And then now is the backup quarterback got a torn a ceo?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Gardner Minshew ripped up his knee after eight pass attempts and it's Chris all it could do or something like that. I think he's from South South Dakota State.
Speaker 9: Maybe.
Speaker 3: Okay, did Kelsey play?
Speaker 9: He did?
Speaker 5: He had one catch for six yards.
Speaker 6: He averaged six yards to catch, thank you. They always do that.
Speaker 5: They always put those fantasy numbers like Jamior Gibbs one carry, four yards, four yards per carry.
Speaker 2: It's the first quarter and it's always his big tight end. Yes, the announcer always says, is big tight end. I you know, another completion to his big tight end. Nobody says his undersized tight end. Yeah, his diminutive tight end there. And it's a young rookie. I mean, unless you're Chris Wank or Brandon Whedon, most of your rookies are young rookies, aging rookie. Yes, yes, Marvin the young rookie, that's showing a lot of promise. Oh yeah, gotta show a lot of promise. Ashton Gent the young rookie showing a lot of promise in another loss.
Speaker 10: Yes, are there are five nine hundred and eighty pounds tight ends out there that people are looking to sign.
Speaker 9: I haven't seen one reason.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think so they're all you gotta find his big tight end there. We always like to add another word. Yeah, it's you can describe it with that word, but you want to attach another word that is basically the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, And if you're really old.
Speaker 10: Or really young, you got to put that at forty four year old Philip Rivers, he's not just Philip Rivers, he's forty four year old.
Speaker 3: Is there are certain players where you do introduce them by their age. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady was always the forty five year old Tom Brady. Now it's the forty four year old Philip Rivers or you know it could be a baseball player.
Speaker 3: He's a little bit older, yes, Marv.
Speaker 7: On the young side, seventeen year old Ryan Williams from Alabama. They were saying he was seventeen for about two years.
Speaker 3: He used to be a thing.
Speaker 2: Feels like he made a business decision this year, Like I can't go pro, so I'm just gonna kind of be out there because they had another receiver who was, as the kids like to say, ballin in that game.
Speaker 5: Yes, PAULI smallest tight end in the NFL. I just found it not easy to find Connor Hayward of the Steelers. He's a fullback tight end, but listed at tight end six foot two thirty.
Speaker 2: Yes, but then look at the other tight end Washington Mount Washington, Like you see that guy, and i'd be you want to talk about a safety valve could be if I'm Aaron Rodgers, I want to know where he is all the time because he's like six' eight three three.
Speaker 5: Something Paulie Darnell washington uh out Of georgia three eleven and he's six Seven, yeah so can't he can't be the big tight end gigantic tight.
Speaker 3: End, hey he might be his big tight. End there might be his big tight end.
Speaker 11: There.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: SEE i feel like The patriots at one time had a semi undersized tight end at about six, two like two fifty.
Speaker 3: Baby, Uh but they also Had gronk who was a much big tight.
Speaker 4: END i feel like six to two he WASN'T i feel like that person was considered, undersized weren't?
Speaker 3: They, yeah do you have a name And? Hernandez he was six to two he was, Yeah OH i thought he was like six.', five.
Speaker 11: No he was.
Speaker 3: SIX two i remember he was basically a. Wide receiver, oh yeah? Uh not, you, know, Yes.
Speaker 7: Yes ma the word they Would describe hernandez was. A hybrid, they're, like man he's. A. Hybrid sorry look.
Speaker 3: That changed as his. Career, developed yeah they called him.
Speaker 12: Other.
Speaker 2: Things, hybrid yeah inmate, four eight that. Was unfortunate how about we take. A break we're gonna talk some Football With, nate burrelson form a wide receiver on LOAN.
Speaker 3: From cbs he'll join us next Year On The Dan.
Speaker 1: Patrick show be sure to catch the live Edition Of The Dan patrick show week days at Nine am eastern Six am Pacific On Fox sports radio And the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 6: Wap pally who's, Go Ahead.
Speaker 13: Tony, Foodsco yeah as, everybody knows we're of the hosts of the Award Winning Polyntoni. Fosco, show yeah but instead of us telling you how great, we are Here's How dan packrick described us when he came on.
Speaker 3: Our, show quick knowledgeable, and. Funny opinionated what.
Speaker 9: Are you doing interrupting?
Speaker 6: Our, promo yeah you wasn't talking.
Speaker 1: About you you took those clips totally out.
Speaker 13: Of context, oh yeah well after, This promo i'm gonna take you out and.
Speaker 6: Beat you let me put this. Into context.
Speaker 13: Shut, up, yeah anyway just listen To The Paully Antoni fusco SHOW On I, Heart Radio apple podcasts or wherever you get.
Speaker 11: Your.
Speaker 2: Podcasts yee we'll catch Up with nate meurleson here in a couple of minutes on LOAN. From Cbs Bear, Is, Nyer seahawks patriots all clinched playoffs spots after missing the playoffs. Last year in this stat it always rings true thirty six consecutive years that you have had at least four teams each season qualified for the playoffs after failing to make the playoffs the.
Speaker 3: Year before.
Speaker 2: Stat of today brought to You By, pandi america the official trading cards of. The program Jason In, North, Carolina, hi jason what's on?
Speaker 3: Your mind.
Speaker 2: They?
Speaker 14: Went nineties i'll call him my best of. The weekend my Son for christmas this year want to go to His first. Panthers game so a couple MONTHS ago i bought tickets To the, bucks game hoping it might be important and ended up being our biggest home game in. Ten years and the Win is. Lukan's face and then the having hope Of the panthers champers for time favorite just feels.
Speaker 3: Really good, and yeah you should feel good About.
Speaker 2: THE panthers. I can't, you know you can hope. They win it's it's always dangerous when you expect them. To win but it's a. Good story they've done a really, good job and you know that gives. You hope and that's WHAT the, Nfl was they. Want that how many teams starting the year did you say didn't have. A chance carolina was probably in, The mix titans in, The mix browns were going to be in, The mix cardinals would be in.
Speaker 3: The mix.
Speaker 2: Anybody else where you just said they're not going to make. The, Playoffs Yes marvin.
Speaker 9: Seeon Said the chiefs had.
Speaker 12: No hope.
Speaker 3: That's true you did you? Knew, it, Yes.
Speaker 5: YES paul i think a lot of people Said the saints were not competitive this year going into. THE season i know they've only won five but before, the season no one Liked, the saints.
Speaker 3: But they weren't going to make. The Playoffs what i'm saying is we wrote.
Speaker 2: Them off, oh yeah, so yeah they got five wins and maybe they found, their quarterback but nobody Said whether saints are going to make. The playoffs it's probably five to, six teams which is, you know that's what. You, want now the other sports don't necessarily, Have, That, Yes.
Speaker 3: Martin Giants and jets man the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Rating, for both so THOSE the qb are for. The, QUARTERBACKS yesterday i think they combined for, Like six like the quarterback rating.
Speaker 6: Was six.
Speaker 3: And This Is, jackson dart not a backup to a backup to, a, backup.
Speaker 5: Yes Balling jackson dart was seven of thirteen with thirty three yards passing and. One pick his quarterback rating was four. Point seven and Then the, jets Quarterback.
Speaker 6: THE cook.
Speaker 3: I think his quarterback rating. Was three does that, Sound Right?
Speaker 5: Brady cook though he lit. It up he was twenty two of thirty five. One interception it's that gu's not.
Speaker 3: THAT bad i mean those Are Essentially philip rivers same numbers from the. Other day we, were like isn't this the best story of.
Speaker 6: The year this is Amazing What philip rivers.
Speaker 3: Just, did yeah, it's like. Same, Numbers.
Speaker 2: Uh fritzi is getting a pie coming up in about thirty. Five minutes he lost the Bet with he got thirteen points In the broncos at home and lost that bet because they lost.
Speaker 3: By fourteen.
Speaker 9: That's just amazing that he said that they would win by fourteen The.
Speaker 3: Year Marcus, and jackson how we?
Speaker 2: Did That so todd getting a pie to the face, And no i'm not taking a pie to the face Today because todd screwed it Up On Friday.
Speaker 3: Pie day you made. The mistake you didn't hit me with. THE pie i had.
Speaker 9: Nothing to do. With you there was.
Speaker 10: No cowardice there was nothing other than me losing track of the time and not hitting you.
Speaker 3: On camera your your clock management, was terrible. Beyond, Terrible, yes mark.
Speaker 7: Going back to watching that segment at the end and hearing weeks and everyone else saying, hit him like.
Speaker 9: Hearing weeks you usually hear him, a ten, a five a.
Speaker 2: Thirty minute the cameraman normally, doesn't talk they're not, supposed to but he gives us. Time cues because we, were outside we couldn't see, the clock and he would be like sixty and then it would, be thirty and then he, was like, hit him. Hit him so the cameraman was, actually saying and we got. TO ten i took off my glasses So if todd was gonna hit me with, THE pie i, was, like okay, go ahead close. My eyes all of, a sudden. It's five todd, Hit, Him, YES todd.
Speaker 9: I was just giving you. A cue that's. Our guest, is then, oh, okay hey THIS is i. Have it it's to me to say.
Speaker 3: Thumb is, oh okay.
Speaker 2: Thank You Nate Berlson's BUSY Guy Nfl Christmas game day and that'll Be. On netflix uh so you you'll be in the booth For the cowboys And, the commanders and you know these games sound good when the season, Comes.
Speaker 3: Out nate where, you Go Man cowboy cowboys And the? Commanders here? All right let me hear you.
Speaker 6: Sell, it, well listen.
Speaker 15: You're, right initially, you know they reached out and, they said this is going to Be the cowboys Commanders On.
Speaker 6: Christmas day, i'm, thinking ooh we got an.
Speaker 15: Nfcast rivalry this is going to be one of the biggest games Of The Year's. Dak prescott they're fighting for a chance to Make A super. Bowl Run jayden dawns riding everybody just how good he is at the. Quarterback position great defenses is. An offense it's not, a chess it's not a. Checkers game. It's chess all of the good things that we like to say. In sports and then it falls off. The Rails the cowboys have another year of disappointment at not, being contenders and then just injuries decimated this.
Speaker 6: Commander's team but here's, the thing it still is a.
Speaker 15: Rivalry game and you have a couple of cool people in the booth with a bunch of people surrounding.
Speaker 6: The game we're gonna. Have Fun It's.
Speaker 15: Christmas day we're Gonna talk Ex's and oo's stories. About bros and the reality is football always finds a way of making, itself entertaining even if the playoff implications.
Speaker 12: Aren't.
Speaker 6: There listen we got a ton. Of stuff we could Talk about.
Speaker 15: Christmas Movies christmas, day routines we could talk about being in the playoffs versus booking. YOUR vacation I Think matt RYAN and i were on the set yesterday trying to figure out who we're going to put in Our all.
Speaker 6: Christmas team, you Know, Who's Santa? Who's rudolph down, the line.
Speaker 15: We got a ton of stuff to fill time if the game doesn't give us the entertainment. We NEED but i have a Feeling That cowboys commanders is going to be plenty of the entertainment we.
Speaker 2: Will, Need Yeah So cowboys commanders At one Eastern With iron Eagle And. Matt ryan then It's the lions In. The vikings pre game begins at Eleven am Eastern.
Speaker 6: On netflix those two matches sounded really good a few.
Speaker 14: Months ago.
Speaker 2: I'm still trying to figure out how the official says touchdown and, then, says, however okay so help me understand that In The lions steelers game and where it's not a touchdown because there was, A penalty so why would you start with your ruling calling it a touchdown and then saying but there was, past interference, no touchdown game over drive.
Speaker 3: Home.
Speaker 15: Safely, YEAH see, i, Listen man let's keep. It real THAT'S what i LIKE to i like to keep it real. WITH you i was drafted By the vikings PLAYING In, nfc north Went to seattle for, four, years right AND then i had an opportunity to sign, another DEAL so i Went to DETROIT and i REMEMBER when i, got there guys.
Speaker 6: Were scoring they, were, like look, the league the league doesn't, like Us.
Speaker 15: And nate playing here, is rough not just because we're trying to, exercise demons but when a game is on, the line it tends to go the, other way.
Speaker 6: You Know and, I'm like, I'm like, i'm, like, no, no.
Speaker 15: No no i've been in the league for seven, years NOW and i. Get it there's some, close calls but football, is, Football right and, they're, like, no, no.
Speaker 6: NO nay i don't think you.
Speaker 15: Understand it when it comes To, the lions there are certain games that just don't go, our way even though everybody knows.
Speaker 11: They.
Speaker 6: SHOULD now i remember, questioning that, doubting that and then one year we open Up. In chicago it's a. Close game.
Speaker 15: You know those division games are really like two and It's the lions Versus. The bears We're. In chicago, last Minute hell mary threw Up To. Calvin johnson he. Catches it he has it in, one hand prominent with his big. Old mits he slides on. The hip he even has like an elbow down and then he goes to get up on both hands and one still has the ball, in it and he just pushes himself up off the ground even lest the. Ball go Even The, chicago bears we're dapping, us up saying a, good game.
Speaker 6: Good, game, yeah yeah y'all want.
Speaker 15: That one we'll see y'all a little, later on, you Know, In detroit and as the rest are sitting there meeting with, each other we're sitting back, and thinking what the hell are you? Meeting about? Game over that's A catch we're want to know. Right now, sure enough they, come back they look at the cameras and, they say.
Speaker 6: Complete task.
Speaker 9: GAME over i was.
Speaker 15: BLOWN away i, Really WAS and i can't help but to think about all of these Moments Throughout detroit lion's history where our eyes see, one thing but then the reality is.
Speaker 6: Something Else now i'm. On raw he extended fully on that one by the.
Speaker 15: GOAL line i think nine times out of ten they're looking for that. Full extension they're gonna. Call that but the touchdown, before, that though where they call it a, pick play BUT the dB pushed.
Speaker 6: IT out i believe It was tesla. Pushed him smart.
Speaker 15: Play BY, the dv by, the way because if you push a guy into, somebody else you. Lose balance the key is when you're running a, pick play you're swimming over, the guy you're running through. The guy you're making a move to make it seem like you're. RUNNING around i THINK the dv, recognized THAT and i, Was like i'm gonna. Shove him throw my, Balance now i'm. All balance i'm just trying to.
Speaker 6: Stay up it.
Speaker 15: Looks like i'm leaning one way or, the other and it looks like a. Pick PLAY but i still think that was a perfectly. Executed play touchdown By. The lions.
Speaker 6: Game over but here we are again another example of how we think one thing and the.
Speaker 2: Rest, call okay, wait mate you you actually thought THAT the nfl had something Against.
Speaker 9: The lions.
Speaker 15: People that played for the players that played For the lions said that, to ME and i thought, To, myself nah and that. Can't be and then when they took that catch Away. FROM calvin a Lot of lions Fans in bears fans and people that, just love, you know big Plays By, calvin johnson they remember. This play he caught that. DAMN ball i don't care what anybody said The whole like, back then it was like the action of.
Speaker 6: The catch you got.
Speaker 15: To catch you go to the ground and get up and then walk to the, locker room take, a shower then take the bus home and the flight and then bury it in. THE backyard i just feel like, that catch right there was a catch and that just it just it left the sour taste in. My, mouth listen the cookie's gonna crumble one way or. THE other i just felt like we weren't getting, you know. Our crumbs and that.
Speaker 2: Changed football, you know they really did that whole complete the. PROCESSED nonsense, i mean you're you're an ex. WIDE receiver i, can't imagine, you know even that play With the ravens where, you, know uh you got two steps and.
Speaker 3: The football move is to have the ball away From the that is a. Football. Move YEAH so i don't know what would you teach you have? To overcatch now it feels.
Speaker 16: You have to over.
Speaker 6: CATCH listen i feel bad for past.
Speaker 15: Catchers and dbs in particular because one pass catchers we have to focus on which we're supposed. To do we get paid to catch, the ball figure out a way to tuck it away before it gets punched out because the peanut punch has become. Wildly popular instead of going for, the tackle guys are just going for. The ball, so catch, tuck away snug away FROM the dB and then get one. Two three it's not just, one two it's one, Two three and to, be honest hold on to that thing until the.
Speaker 6: Whistle blows don't let.
Speaker 15: It go don't ALLOW the dv to play with it after the whistle because they might take.
Speaker 6: It away and then on the, FLIP side i feel bad for some of, these dbs.
Speaker 15: EVEN minebackers a guy catches a ball and then he's he's base figuring out what his aim point is going.
Speaker 6: To be i'm gonna take this Shoulder and i'm gonna shove it right into. Your sturtum i'm gonna hit you in. The shoulder i'm gonna hit you in the. Upper.
Speaker 15: REGION shoot i might try to take out one of, your Ribs but i'm using my shoulder old. SCHOOL football a lot of guys when they catch, the rock they see that and then. They crouch i'm not gonna call, it coward but they, crouch down which lowers the level of. Their helmet so now you might have been aiming for this, right here, my, chest.
Speaker 6: Shoulder maybe even. My rib BUT if i see YOU and.
Speaker 15: I don't want to take that SHOT and i, crouched Down now i'm putting my helmet in a place where you weren't intending, to hit and all of, a sudden.
Speaker 6: It's. TARGETING man i feel bad for these dudes trying to tackle.
Speaker 15: Right now and then if you're going low and taking out people's cleats, or, knees now all of, a sudden you're looking.
Speaker 6: Like you're looked at as a guy who doesn't want to go. Up top so. You're stuck you're.
Speaker 15: Really STUCK so i just feel like there's some rules that we still got to tweak a little bit without making the game softer as of some traditional traditionalists would, like This said NATE Burleson nfl TODAY, on cbs and you can see Him.
Speaker 2: On netflix that'll Be On, CHRISTMAS Day Nfl Christmas. Game day he'll be in, the booth cowboys and. The commanders but you bring up that, punch out it's A violent i can punch you as HARD as i want in the army And say i'm going for, the, ball correct no doubt.
Speaker 15: Hit you you can aim just about anywhere like. You can you can wink wink miss and hit a guy and his and.
Speaker 6: His nuggets you can hit him in. His stomach you can even, you know hit him in his arm and bruise.
Speaker 15: It up but it's a PLAY that i think if you're doing it with intentionality not to hurt the, BALL carrier i don't mind it, at all you KNOW what. I mean i think it's one of the smartest plays. In, football listen you know if you if your team is going to rally to, the rock that means the first guy there can take that that, that guesstimation that that that risk to go for.
Speaker 6: The ball AND if, i miss you know the troops are coming.
Speaker 3: Behind me i'm gonna make you make a pick OF the afc right, Now today.
Speaker 6: All right let's.
Speaker 3: Do it who you Got.
Speaker 8: The.
Speaker 15: BUFFALO bills i believe that even when they, win ugly they're. Still victories and they we've seen them, win big and we see them put. Up points they're anchored by a fantastic running Game With, james cook and Then When josh allen wants.
Speaker 6: To be a, running back you can you can make any throw in.
Speaker 15: The book the passing game might not be as prolific as some others in, the league but they run through their. Tight ends the passing game goes through their tight ends and. Their defense they're true ben ve. DON'T break i know, it's cliche but they.
Speaker 8: Are.
Speaker 15: That also let's just talk ABOUT like x factors OR non x factors being in. Their way this might be the best Path That josh allen has ever had. To face we're talking possibly. Know, tomorrow right it looks like they're on the outside. Looking In No, joe Burrow No. Patrick mahomes if, not now then. Win now i'm Not knocking i'm Not. KNOCKING bonnicks i am also Not Knocking drake May and i'm for sure Not Knocking trevor lawrence because he might be playing the best football out of all quarterbacks. Right now but if you're not facing that big Three, Of mahomes Borough, AND jackson I Think josh allen has to really take this team and look at them, and, say listen we are facing some young guys who have not been in. This position they don't know what it's like to want close out, of season let alone fight FOR an afc. Title game so let's take advantage of the fact that we have. Been there we know what this feeling is like to be in.
Speaker 6: The postseason oh and, more importantly we know what it's like to go home AFTER The afc championship game and then have to watch the rest Of The super bowl week with the everyday civilian that doesn't. Play FOOTBALL so i.
Speaker 15: Just feel like This is i'm won't call it the path of least resistance because that will be dismissive To, The broncos Patriots. AND jaggs i just feel like this is the best Path that bills fans In this bill's team has ever seen To A super.
Speaker 3: Bowl run give ME your nfg pick before you got.
Speaker 8: To go this, is.
Speaker 6: Tough man.
Speaker 15: I'm torn It's like i'm torn between, you know, two xes, you know and then they both fine and we had.
Speaker 6: Good times, You, know listen it's those two x'es are for two.
Speaker 15: Different Reasons The seattle SEAHAWKS because i played, for Them and I'm, from seattle and you have to respect the record and also Beating. The rams speaking Of, The Rams matt, stafford like that's my, former quarterback so Essentially the rams ARE my.
Speaker 6: X TWO and i just feel like it's funny because we saw, that.
Speaker 15: Game right and it was a big time Game, on thursday and while thinking this is going to help us decide who we have faith in IN, the nfc not JUST The, Nfc west seattle wins and people, are, like YEAH but i still Trust, the rams and, you KNOW and i, get it there's question marks about how For real. SEATTLE is i think there's also question Marks How sam donald will finish the season and show up in. THE postseason i just think these, two teams one of them will REPRESENT. The NFC and i know, everybody saying what About, The Eagles.
Speaker 6: Nate they're figuring? It out yeah, they are but You know, I'm.
Speaker 2: Biased okay in the final, fifteen Seconds the rams walk into a Party and seattle walks into.
Speaker 3: A party which one are you? Taking home how many DRINKS have?
Speaker 6: I had because it might? Be both.
Speaker 3: Thanks for, joining us, all? Right man thank you you guys do an.
Speaker 2: Awesome job, Thank you Bud that's NATE Burleson Nfl Christmas.
Speaker 3: Game day it'll be Live.
Speaker 2: On netflix they Got The, cowboys commanders followed By the lions And. The vikings pregame coverage at Eleven. Am eastern we'll take, A break last call for. Phone calls what, We learn what's in, Store tomorrow this day in.
Speaker 1: Sports history, After This Fox sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in. The nation catch all of our Shows At foxsports radio dot com and Within the. iHeartRadio APP search fsr to. Listen live last call for. Phone calls what?
Speaker 2: We learned once In, Store Tomorrow reggie miller WILL Join us Lakers in phoenix to take On.
Speaker 3: The suns let me see find a results of the Poll. Question, seaton yeah we got a couple of.
Speaker 6: Them.
Speaker 3: Up there tis.
Speaker 4: The season as they say, right now people they believe In The miami hurricanes less Than The Alabama, crimson tide And the bears are CURRENTLY the nfc. Playoff team you believe in.
Speaker 2: The, LEAST okay i would think IN the AFC if i said you believe In the, jags More the, texans More the patriots And. The, broncos now recency bias would probably people would be buying Into the jags because they that's a. Big win that's biggest win of the weekend and the biggest surprise of.
Speaker 3: The weekend you beat, that team, that defense and you score that. Many points. That's, IMPRESSIVE, YEAH pauli i don't.
Speaker 5: Know much About the, patriots defense not a lot of, big names but it Feels Like drake may's in every ballgame and it doesn't matter what the.
Speaker 6: LEAD is i really Believe In drake may. Right.
Speaker 2: Now yeah it's one of those where it's kind Of like JACKSONVILLE where i haven't bought into their skilled. Position Players But, ross tucker who's done a couple of, their, Games, said hey they're offensively a lot better than. You think the offensive line, is Good And trevor lawrence's played at a really. High level Bruce, In, Michigan, hi bruce what's on your?
Speaker 3: Mind? TODAY hey i got a.
Speaker 12: Best and worst of. The weekend first, Of all i'm Vote For ross tucker, to well nobody will ever, replace you but the takeover hosting the show when. You retire my best of. The week he had a couple of them here At Fair State. College university, excuse, me h four times the last five YEARS of d two. National champions the Other Is Mario alma Mater Or Western michigan university WINNING the maac and of course of Much Heralded Myrtle.
Speaker 2: Beach bowl, but yes they that game was over in the. First quarter they should have called It murdered beach Instead. Of, myrtle okay Thank. You todd you would sit on that.
Speaker 6: Murdered.
Speaker 2: Beach yeah by, The way todd getting a pie in, ten minutes ten minutes synchronize, our Watches something.
Speaker 3: Todd did not do on front twelve and a. Half minutes thank you for the. Phone Call bruce Rich. In Wisconsin, hi rich what's on?
Speaker 11: Your?
Speaker 6: Mind Da?
Speaker 11: Hi rich five times? Five nine sixty two year old Bucks, sixty okay best of, the weekend actually best of. THE year i got to hang out and see you Guys in vegas AT the f. One race.
Speaker 14: Worse some.
Speaker 11: Weekend packers nothing more to.
Speaker 3: Be, said yeah they did every they did their part in losing. That, game.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable Were you it's Like. THE bears i think that they finally, just said do you guys want to? Win this because, if not then we're going to. Win this and then all of A sudden caleb throws the. Touchdown pass you got love and the Concussion protocol matthew And. San Antonio, hi matt what's on?
Speaker 3: Your Mind hey Matt By matt Dave. In Minnesota, hi dave what's on? Your mind good more.
Speaker 16: Missus packerck this is A. Sweepy, DAVE actually i. Don't know that was from quite a few years AGO and i haven't called in for, a while but six, One.
Speaker 11: SIXTY.
Speaker 16: Oh i got the best. AND worst i got. A, few Best Which. Minnesota vikings that's kind of controversial because we kind of they would lose so we could get a better. Draft pick but also Definitely The Illinois state redbirds In the DIVISION one scs going on to the, championship GAME and i have to say the worst was Definitely. At metcalf that. Just, unbelievable yep, Thank, You Dave.
Speaker 2: Sleepy, DAVE Yeah DK metcalf i think will get suspended for them this day in, Sports History Paul.
Speaker 5: Dan, BEFORE that i can't forget about The Famous Idaho potato bowl Two pm. Eastern, today oh the classic time slot of two pm On.
Speaker 3: A monday? Who's playing?
Speaker 5: YOU know, i mean you know, you're, saying Yeah. The, Nation Yeah washington State Versus. Utah, state okay and The famous idaho a. Table book, All right, i'll watch, of course absolutely. Sports history nineteen, forty three sporting goods manufacturers got Permission From Major league baseball to do synthetic rubber in the. Core baseballs guess what they used, before that anybody? Center baseballs old, tire rubber, old, tire, rubber, cushion cork. And, yarn, OOH yarn.
Speaker 2: I was actually gonna say yarn was. Gonna be that was gonna be all that was in the middle of that old. Tire rubber that sounds like that was a pitcher back in the, Late twenties.
Speaker 5: John, Old tire remember old.
Speaker 2: Tire rubber it was a, good, Win untouchable thank. Your time day after his dad. Passed away in two thousand, And Three brett favre throws for three ninety nine four touchdowns in that win Against. The raiders that's a pretty. Magical night he was just throwing it up and they. Were touchdowns let's see.
Speaker 5: Anything else Let's See cordell stewart nineteen ninety six Of the steelers ran a touchdown, eighty yards the longest scoring run by a QUARTERBACK in nfl history up to. THAT point i don't know if there's been one further or longer eighty by. A Quarterback Didn't daniel jones run for eighty and? Get, tackled, well no you. Tackle himself that's trying to.
Speaker 6: Be, nice yeah.
Speaker 3: Statute limitations, is over so we can make fun. Of him that's where.
Speaker 2: YOU'RE good i think you had, people, going yeah. Looking unbelievable and he was running like twenty two miles, an hour and then all of, a sudden the turf gods, got him tripped.
Speaker 3: Him Out.
Speaker 5: Yea pauling the record is ninety three Yards by terrell prior To.
Speaker 3: The raiders how? About, that yeah, let's see let's go round. The room what we learned on?
Speaker 2: The, program toddler who gets a pie in about five minutes?
Speaker 3: From now todd would You learn.
Speaker 10: We're very confused as to why the raven stopped handing the Ball To derrick henry on the stretch Against.
Speaker 3: THE patriots i kept thinking where? Is HE and i look over and he's standing Next To.
Speaker 4: Lamar satan voting closest tomorrow At eleven Yes Am eastern.
Speaker 3: Yes for the Most valuable least Valuable, Dan Net Marvin ross tucker is. Your hero he's a. Good guest Paul old man.
Speaker 2: Rivers Tonight rapid radios the official walkie talkie OF the, dp show pushed to. Talk NATIONWIDE lt, e coverage nose. Subscriptions required, business owners stay connected with your. Employees Anywhere rapid Radios dot com up to sixty percent off. Free shipping have yourself a, great. Day everybody look forward to chatting with. You Tomorrow, for fritzi who's getting a pie in about, Five, Minutes, Satan, marv paully yours truly talk to you tomorrow