Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, my chickenees, Welcome back to another episode of Haunting.
Speaker 2: Wait into a judger level.
Speaker 1: Seriously, lent cast test? Are we good?
Speaker 2: Yep? All good? Go ahead?
Speaker 1: Great next time. Let's try to be ready when I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Okay, right? Excuse me, nolle.
Speaker 1: Hmmm. Hello, Hello, my chickenees. Welcome back to another episode of Haunting. I am joined in studio by our producer Len and my familiar Merlin the Great Horn Merlin. Oh my god, there's coffee all over my notes? Lyn, can I get some towels in here? Merlin? What has gotten into you? Let's just keep things moving. I would love to get this episode off the ground. If everyone done with the interruptions, Thank you. First up, we'll hear from Kimberly, who found her dream home on Zillo. I mean, who hasn't. It's pornhum for real estate. But it gets better. She actually bought the house and moved in with her young siblings. They were living the dream. But that's the thing about dreams, they end.
Speaker 3: Up. Until two months ago, my sister didn't think that they were ghosts until she saw one in the kitchen.
Speaker 4: She was having full on conversation, but there was no one there.
Speaker 3: The rest of us are like, what the heck is happening, Like this is real, We're all experiencing it at the same time. My name's Kimberly and I bought my dream house, which turned out to be haunted.
Speaker 4: I was not really looking for a house.
Speaker 3: I was actually living in South America and was just browsing Zillow and I saw this pretty house and I thought, oh my gosh, that's.
Speaker 4: My dream house.
Speaker 3: I was not planning on living in America, but here i am because I bought this house.
Speaker 4: I live in the historic town. It's called Malden. There are several historic houses. I love history. I have historic furniture in my house. I have keys, I have letters. Always loved old things.
Speaker 3: My house is a historic house from eighteen thirty six. Several generations of the same family lived here. It was built by a doctor, and he was one of the first doctors in the entire area. The neighborhood was one of the biggest salt manufacturing areas in the whole country.
Speaker 4: This whole area was filled with salt barrens.
Speaker 3: It's a big, imposing brick white house in.
Speaker 4: A flat, big yard.
Speaker 3: Back then, it was classified as a mansion. It's beautiful, especially on the inside. There's ornate would work everywhere, and it's all white and pretty. Everything was antique, everything was old. I've been here for three and a half years. My parents adopted four kids who are biological siblings. Unfortunately, my father passed away, so my mom was raising four kids at almost seventy years old. So I help out as much as I can. I have three little brothers who are thirteen, twelve, eleven, and my little sister who's six living with me during the week because their schools across the street. So I wanted to make their room really nice for them. Wanted everything set up before they came in. I just moved in and the first night I started experiencing things. I had spent most of the day dragging stuff from my car into this house up the stairs. By the time I got to putting things together, I was exhausted. I was up in my little brother's room and I heard someone walking in the hallway.
Speaker 4: Immediately I thought somebody was in the house.
Speaker 3: I heard someone walking around out the hallway, down the stairs.
Speaker 4: Up the stairs.
Speaker 3: Sounds like someone with shoes on and they're walking slowly, like.
Speaker 4: Up the stairs and then down the stairs.
Speaker 3: Kind of like they don't want you to hear them, but they can't be quiet because they have boots on.
Speaker 4: I'm terrified. First instinct is there's someone run away. I did not stay here that I left, stayed at my mom's house. Two months later, I was cleaning. It was nighttime.
Speaker 3: It's easier to clean when the kids are asleep because they can't run right behind you and destroy it. I went up the stairs to my little brother's room.
Speaker 4: Everybody's sleeping in their beds, sleeping soundly. I was just straightening up their room. I noticed that one of their dinosaur toys was out of place.
Speaker 3: I picked up the dinosaur to put it back where it belonged, and as I was reaching up, I heard someone say, what are you doing in here?
Speaker 4: The voice was a kid's voice.
Speaker 3: I turned around. No one's there. It was not my brother's they were asleep. It was so clear it sounded like there was a kid standing two feet behind me.
Speaker 4: I got the feeling that I don't belong there.
Speaker 3: So I slowly backed up. I didn't want to bring any more attention to myself, and then I turned around and went downstairs. I was starting to process what had just happened. My heart was beating really fast. It was not my brother's. It couldn't have been my little sister because she's downstairs. There are no TVs on, there's no phone on, There's nothing else that could have been.
Speaker 4: It was just so clear. I was in shock and I was scared.
Speaker 3: So I called my mom and I told her what happened and said, I think it's a ghost. But she doesn't believe in ghosts. She just says, I don't want to talk about it. I went to sleep, and then nothing else happened until a few weeks later.
Speaker 4: It was night.
Speaker 3: I was going to get a snack from the kitchen. To get to the kitchen, I have to go through the dining room, and when I turned the corner, and I saw what.
Speaker 4: Looked like a little boy leaning up against the.
Speaker 3: Cabinet, like he was trying to hide from me or trying not to be seen.
Speaker 4: He was probably seven or eight years old.
Speaker 3: He had light brown hair. He had beige pants and a white button up shirt that was rolled up at the sleeves. He just looked like a little boy, but his color was off. It was like he stepped out of an old photograph. I looked at him, he looked at me, and I felt like, I'm not supposed to be here. I'm not supposed to see this, and I backed out of the room and left. I walked into my bedroom. I shut the door and then like barricaded myself in. I sat there thinking about it for a while, trying to process what had just happened.
Speaker 4: And I knew at that point it couldn't have been somebody broken at my house because I have an alarm system. I got on the.
Speaker 3: Phone and tried to distract myself from what I'd just seen. I did not leave my room till the next day. I'm convinced that there's a little boy haunting my house. At this point, we hadn't talked about it in front of my sibling because we don't want to scare them.
Speaker 4: We don't want them to feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: One day, my family and I are hanging out in the living room. My little sister went to the bathroom and we heard her talking to someone.
Speaker 4: I'm like, who are you talking to?
Speaker 3: She points to the dining room and says the boy. The boy and I didn't see anyone, but she was having a full on conversation in front of all of us. None of us can see anything. It was like no big deal to her. She didn't think ghost. She went scared of him. There was just some little boy that was here. The dining room is where.
Speaker 4: I saw what looked like a little boy.
Speaker 3: It was confirmation that we're all seeing things. My most recent experience happened about a month ago. I was laying in bed. It was very early in the morning, probably four AM. And often my little sister will get up out of bed and come stand in the doorway. She will stand there and wait until I say you can get in bed with me. She knows she's supposed to be sleeping in her bed. So I saw my little sister standing up against the doorframe and I said, do you want to come into bed with me? She just stands there, and I'm like half asleep. So I'm getting in the wave a little bit because I'm like, I only have a little bit of time left sleep before I have to get them up for school. I got out of bed and I walked over to the bathroom door. I reached over my sister's head to turn the light on, and when I turned the light on, there was no one there. My sister wasn't there and I was all alone, but I since the presence of the little boy. I went to my sister's room and she's completely sound asleep. I felt so weird, like what if he's there and I just can't see him. That's just too much for me. I had already planned on doing research on the house, but now that I have what I think are goes, I'm even more motivated to find out more. I found out the original owner built this house in eighteen thirty six. He had a wife and several kids and had a funeral here, and then two of his sons passed away. My mouse and the old pastor died in this house, so there's at least three people who died here. So I think some of them are still here, haunting this house. I found his daughter's journal in the.
Speaker 4: State archive from a newspaper clipping, and she wrote a.
Speaker 3: Poem about death. It's called friendly dust. Beneath the western shadow of a church. So still, forever I shall rest and dream, I shall not see the waving of the birch, nor smell the locust blooms beside the stream, All through the endless lengthening of days, my heart will hear the words of those beside me. Our dust will mingle hid for mortal view, my four bears and the child they never knew. I can't leave the house.
Speaker 4: This is where I live. I mean, what else can you do?
Speaker 3: I've lived with these ghosts for years now I just have to accept it and move on.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, my chickadees, Welcome back to another episode of Haunting.
Speaker 2: Wait, I need to a judge your level.
Speaker 1: When are we good?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Yep? All good? Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Didn't we just talk about this? Please be ready when I'm ready?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Wait, we did already do this. You adjusted the levels, said some choice things that I know you regret, and then we threw to Kimberly's story about her dream home turned nightmare. And now it's time for ads. Yeah, we just did this. See and Merlin spills my coffee all over my notes.
Speaker 2: Are you okay?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm I'm fine. I know time is wonky here, but this is weirder than usual. Well, nothing a little retail therapy can't fix, I'm sure. Hello, Hello, my chickadees, Welcome back to another episode of Haunting. Wait, I need to adjust the levels test test We good? Yep, all good, go ahead, Merlin.
Speaker 6: I knew it.
Speaker 1: It's a time loop. This place is so unserious real heh not really, Lynn, not really. You wouldn't know it because you and Merlin are in it. But it seems our studio is stuck in.
Speaker 6: A time loop.
Speaker 2: Why the time loop?
Speaker 1: Come on, you've heard of a time loop before? Russian Doll, palm springs, huh, Groundhog Day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bill Murray funny.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, we all love Bill Murray. But believe it or not, this isn't my first time loop. My mom's been married to four different guys, and two of them were orthodontists. I had braces for like eight years, just on and off and on and off. All the enamel on my front four teeth is synthetic. But maybe if I just pushed through to our second story, we can break the loop. It's worth a shot. Next up, we have Mela, who's haunted door. It's Mela. I'm telling you, Len, it's Mela.
Speaker 2: Into the first story.
Speaker 1: Len, do not hit that button. If you throw it to the first story, I will fucking end you.
Speaker 5: We just started going to classes, you know, starting our whole college experience.
Speaker 6: My roommate and I went on a walk.
Speaker 5: It was dark right out there sunset. Our dorm is right up.
Speaker 6: Against the graveyard. We were walking along the tombs.
Speaker 5: It was entirely silent, and out of nowhere, a ton of crows start circling right above our heads.
Speaker 6: But crows don't fly at night.
Speaker 5: It felt eerie, like we shouldn't be there, almost like a warning to leave. My name is Mila, and I was terrorized at my haunted college in Pennsylvania. I started at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe, PA in the fall twenty nineteen. Saint Vincent College is pretty old and it actually has the first Benedictine monastery in the United States, so we have monks and priests that work on campus, and it's just a very strong religious community, as well as the area being.
Speaker 6: Small, tight knit.
Speaker 5: I was kind of drawn to Saint Vincent because of the uniqueness of the campus. It's very Victorian and picturesque, very beautiful religious buildings, and they had a great education department. I had come in paired with a roommate. Our dorm was strictly for freshmen, so I felt very comfortable there.
Speaker 6: We kind of had a.
Speaker 5: Pod where several girls lived together and we had our own room.
Speaker 6: The way I described it.
Speaker 5: There's the main hallway and along the outsides of the pod there were dorm rooms for each paired roommates, and then in the center we kind of had a living area and the restrooms and showers.
Speaker 6: We heard a little.
Speaker 5: Bit of talk about the mysteriousness of the area.
Speaker 6: There are a lot of stories that the campus was haunted.
Speaker 5: There was an old mill right past the monastery on campus, and there was an incident long ago where a monk's robe got caught in the mill and pulled him in him. They say he still roams the campus and if you look closely, he has no face. Some people say these things are myths that were made up to spark excitement or give you the scary feeling. But I think there is some truth to activity that happens at the campus.
Speaker 6: I just tried to ignore it. We move in, decorate the dorm, and made it home. It was super cute. I was just so excited. My roommate had a Ouiji board. I had never believed in the paranormal.
Speaker 5: Even the movies seemed a little bit outlandish to me, but we decided to test it out. We took it out messed around with it, tried to ask it questions, and nothing happened.
Speaker 6: We got bored.
Speaker 5: Pretty fast and just put it back in the box, and it remained under her bed until one night. I came back from a party with friends and wanted to see if anything would happen.
Speaker 6: I said, hey, guys, my roommate has a Ouiji board. Let's play with it.
Speaker 5: Me and two of my friends took it out from under her bed, sat on the floor, and then messed around with it. We asked if anyone was with us. The plankqut started to spell.
Speaker 6: The name Zozo z o Zo.
Speaker 5: Both my friends freaked out that it moved. I was like, what does that even mean. I've never heard that before. At this point I thought they were messing with me and trying to.
Speaker 6: Freak me out. I asked if it was good or bad. It said bad.
Speaker 5: We just lifted our hands off and put it back in the box. But because it was late at night, we all went into our separate rooms and we went to bed. The next day, I just went about like normal, not really thinking about it, but I felt strange. I felt this little creeping fear that I'd done something really bad.
Speaker 6: I talked to my friend later in the day.
Speaker 5: He was really freaked out, and it started to freak me out. We didn't say goodbye, and that was what was really worrying him the most. He told me, if you don't say goodbye, the portal stays open. After he told me that, I looked up information about Ouiji boards and what they might communicate to you. It started to scare me that we had actually talked to an entity where it was trying to communicate with us.
Speaker 6: That night, my roommate was staying with her boyfriend.
Speaker 5: Around two forty five, I'm on my phone and I started to feel.
Speaker 6: A sense of dread, like scared, and then out of.
Speaker 5: Nowhere, I get a horrible, nauseating feeling. It's almost like there's another presence with me in my room. I throw my covers over my head like you do whenever you're younger and are scared of monsters. I don't know where this spear came from, but it was overwhelming. I just wanted to hide under the covers as I'm thinking of what this could possibly be scaring me, and all of a sudden, every picture comes off, all four walls, all of it came crashing down. At the same time, my curtains come forced off the wall. It sounded like a tree came through the window. I am like, what was that? Pure fear before I can't even think about what just happened. I threw the covers off. I'm out the door, no shoes. I run down the hall out of my pod. I see some people that are still up hanging out, and I'm frantic, telling them the craziest thing just happened to me.
Speaker 6: And I'm too scared to go back to my dorm room right now.
Speaker 5: There's no way that isn't just a picture falling off the wall. That was some very strong forces that pulled my curtains down in all my pictures off the wall.
Speaker 6: And it was the day after we played with the Ouiji board.
Speaker 5: I felt like I was dealing with something intentional and it wasn't just an accident. I actually go back to my room, still scared, but I feel like whatever it was died down.
Speaker 6: I went back to bed and dozed off.
Speaker 5: The next night, I started to experience something I've never experienced in my life. I woke up around three in the morning and I'm completely paralyzed, but I was awake. I could open my eyes and hear around me, but I was frozen immediately.
Speaker 6: I felt fearful.
Speaker 5: I'm laying there wondering what is happening to me, and I feel something brushing up against the back of my legs, like someone is touching me.
Speaker 6: It was an actual physical.
Speaker 5: Sensation of someone running a hand up the back of your leg, lightly over and over. While I'm paralyzed in bed. Every thought is running through my mind.
Speaker 6: I just gasp for air.
Speaker 5: I come out of this and I'm like, what just happened to me? I'm looking for someone in my room and no one is there. I'm like, did I imagine this? I guess it was a sleep paralysis episode, and sometimes sleep paralysis it's marked with hallucinations.
Speaker 6: But this was so real.
Speaker 5: I have never had anything happen like that in my life.
Speaker 6: I was genuinely scared. I start having sleep paralysis episodes every time I fall asleep, whether.
Speaker 5: It's on my back, if I'm laying on my side, if I'm taking an afternoon nap or going to bed at night, and then eventually.
Speaker 6: It all escalates like a huge climax.
Speaker 5: There was a time where I was laying in bed and I woke up.
Speaker 6: I had been laying on my back and.
Speaker 5: Was completely frozen, but I could move my eyes, and in my peripheral vision there's a very tall black figure towering over me and looking down on me. It felt like it had power over me, like a dominating male presence. This thing is touching me, It's brushing my hair with its hand.
Speaker 6: I wanted to.
Speaker 5: Scream, but nothing comes out. I'm terrified there was an entity in my room. I thought it was only myself being targeted for playing with Luigi board, but the things I was experiencing started to spread to other people in my dorm. So they told our ara that things have been happening and I had used a Wigi board in our living quarters.
Speaker 6: The ra called down to.
Speaker 5: The monastery and they brought in the priest. All of the girls that lived in this pot we were called.
Speaker 6: Out to have a meeting with him.
Speaker 5: He told us, I know you guys have had some activity here and someone has a Ouiji board.
Speaker 6: All eyes were on me. I felt like the biggest ass.
Speaker 5: While ever, the priest explained to us that we are sitting on an interesting plot of land and there tend to be spirits that passed through he explained that they would be doing an exorcism. The priest walked around with incense and holy water, blessing us so that we would be safe from whatever energy is causing these occurrences.
Speaker 6: And honestly I felt relieved.
Speaker 5: The priest reassured me that these things happen sometimes spirits are drawn to those that are open. He gave me blessed holy water and salt to keep. After that, nothing happened. I wasn't experiencing this sleep paralysis anymore. I didn't have the feeling of being on edge like something is watching me, or in the room with me, like everything.
Speaker 6: Was normal again. I wonder if it was.
Speaker 5: The Ouiji board or just the place we lived, Maybe a combination of the two.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Hello, hello, my chicken. Ease, Yes, fine, you do your levels. I'm thinking the loop resets every time we move on to our next segment, so maybe if we just don't throw to the next segment, the loop won't reset and time will move forward. I don't have time to do this with you each reset, len, so respectfully keep up, and if you can't, you're just gonna have to be confused. Now, normally it's time for ads. But if you don't stop recording, then, for the millionth time, I think I figured it out. To escape the loop, I've got to get through the entire episode, no cut, no stopping one take. Len, for the love of God, do not touch that dial. Here we go. Hello, Hello, my chickeneaes, Welcome back to another episode of Haunting. I'm your host, Terza. We've got my producer Len am I familiar Merlin. Hello, Hoot hoot. Today we're serving up two spooky stories that are sure to give you goosebumps and raise the hairs on the back of your neck. Our first is from Kimberly, who moved into our dream home only to discover a total nightmare. Wow, is it just me? Or ghostly Victorian children? Impossible to shake? Let's take a break and we're back up. Next, we've got Mila, whose freshman experience was totally freaky and I don't mean in a Kiki way. Oh man, another weedy boar. You guys can't keep your fingers off them. Well, it's that time again. I don't make the rules so much to buy so little time. Speaking of which, we're out of it. That's our show. If you've got a spooky story to share, email us at Haunting the Podcast at gmail dot com and you could be featured on an upcoming episode. Until then, keep the portals open and the veils then and we'll see you next time for more haunting. Ha is it over?
Speaker 2: Wait? I need to levels.
Speaker 7: If you have a haunting story to share, email us at Haunting the Podcast at gmail dot com and if you like what you hear, please like and subscribe. You can also follow us on social media by searching for Glass Podcasts or by visiting glasspodcast dot com. Haunting is a production of Glass Podcasts and partnership with Iheartpodcast. Haunting is created and executive produced by Nancy Glass Andrey of Gunning, Ben Fetterman, and Lauren lap And it is hosted by Laura Lampkis as her character Terreza. Producer Lynn Walker is played by Trey Morgan. Haunting is written by Aleiah Welsh, with additional writing by Nancy Glass, Trey Morgan, and Ben Fetterman. Editing and sound designed by Matt Delvecchio and mixed by Dave Seya. Operations and production support by Kristen Melcurie. Additional production support by Curry Richmond and Todd Gans. Haunting's theme and original compositions were composed by Oliver Bains and Darry Macauley of Neiser Music Library, provided by MOB Music Special thanks to Speakeasy Sound Studios in Burbank, California. For more shows from iHeart Podcasts and Glass Podcast, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.