Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, thanks so much for joining me for another episode of Therapy for Black Girl's University. We'll get right to our conversation after a word from our sponsors. In a special spring Break edition of Therapy for Black Girl's University, I sat down with our advisory council for a lively and insightful group chat about what spring break really looks like at different stages of the college journey. Jaya, a sophomore, shared her excitement and curiosity as she's still figuring out what spring break means for her. Fatima, a senior, reflected on navigating the pressure to make the most of her last college spring break while staying grounded in what she truly wants. And MICHAELA, a recent graduate, offered wisdom about transitioning out of the college bubble and redefining rest fund and boundaries in adulthood. Together, we chatted about the culture around black spring break, Houston, the joy community, and misconceptions how to approach spring break safely, with intention and authenticity. We also talked about the financial realities of spring break, how to resist the pressure to keep up with social media aesthetics, and how to use this time off as a meaningful mental health recent If something resonates with you while enjoying our conversation, please share with us on social media using the hashtag TVG in Session. Here's our conversation. I am very excited to be back with our TVGU Council today. Ladies, would you please start us off by introducing yourselves again and letting us know what school you're representing. We'll start with you. Fatima, Hi, everyon.
Speaker 2: My name is Fatima.
Speaker 3: I'm a senior at Toft University and I study political science.
Speaker 4: Jaya Hi, everyone, my name is Jyron named Bacon, and I am a sophomore at the unsinkable Albany State University.
Speaker 1: And Michaelah.
Speaker 2: My name is MICHAELA and I'm a graduate of Dillard University.
Speaker 1: So we're very excited. The weather is getting better outside, sunshine has returned to our lives, and many of you are preparing for a spring break. So what does spring break mean to each of you at this stage in your academic journey? So, Fatima, you are preparing for maybe your last spring break, well definitely as an undergrad. So what is spring break feeling like to you right now?
Speaker 3: I actually just came back from spring break, And I feel like for most people spring break is about like vacationing, getting out the country and taking trips. But for me personally, especially because I'm about to graduate, there's just a lot going on and a lot to figure out because of uncertainty about postgrad. For me, spring break was a time for me to just reset, recharge, and just catch a break.
Speaker 2: So that's where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Got it? And what about you, Jaiya, how are you feeling about the pacing of spring break now that you are a sophomore?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so my spring rate ended two weeks ago, and with every break, I agree with Fatima. I just take that time to rest. I don't do much. I don't go to Daytona, I don't party. I just sleep all the time.
Speaker 1: And MICHAELA, this is your first year without necessarily an official kind of spring break, right, So what it feel like for you to not have that built in kind of time off.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's definitely treaking, some giving news to I think having the kind of leisure and type of vacation built in. I miss it definitely. Because I supposed to graduate, I'm working, and so those little things are things that I don't really think about when exiting college, and you know, I did still get to, you know, get in touch with on my friends who are still in college and kind of see what's going on and spring break and whatnot. But yeah, it's different. It's cool, but yeah, good time still.
Speaker 1: Okay. So, Fatima and Jaya, you both mentioned that you did not use the spring break this year as an opportunity to get out and party. You really used it as a reset and like, Okay, let me just maybe catch up on some things and me kind of collect my breath. Is there any feelings of like, oh gosh, like I missed out, Like we're other friends traveling and doing maybe more fun things, or how are you navigating kind of watching maybe other people do the Daytona Jaya you mentioned, or like the partying versus you kind of just stay in put this year.
Speaker 4: For me, I don't necessarily feel like I missed out on anything because I don't like big crowds. With this spring break, I am in the semester right before nursing school, so I'm preparing to take my teas, so it has been a lot of studying on my end. So being able to go home and just sit down and rest and recollect my thoughts. I got a break that I didn't know I needed because in college I'm so used to be an oncle that when I really got time to sit down, I was like, hmm, I was actually always working. I needed this breaksit myself.
Speaker 3: And for me, I did get a bit of fomo because especially because I'm in my senior year, so I was like, I'm going to look back at this and regret that i didn't do it. But for me, I think what was really important was stepping back and looking at the bigger picture and understanding that I'm not in a race with anyone and this is really just about my mental wellbeing and my physical wellbeing. And I feel like it also gives me something to work more towards, because now the idea I have for myself is that, Okay, for graduation and for my birthday, which is in June, like four weeks out from grad, I'm going to do it big. I'm going to treat myself. So I think I'm coping well.
Speaker 1: Nice, nice. So you know, back in my days, so to speak, all we had were like stories to tell about like what we did on spring break? Right, are what friends did on their spring breaks in years past and even in current years, and now you all have so much social media. There's so much technology, so many different ways to document what's happening. If you think about like the time you spend in college and McHale, the time that you know, the years you spend in college, how do you feel like social media has impacted our influence the ways that you think about spring break?
Speaker 2: I think social media has definitely created an image of what spring break I guess quote unquote should look like. And it's contrary to what both Giant Fatima said, just kind of the recharging and recentering type of vibe, because I feel like our generation like we're working really hard because there's a lot of things and uncertainties that we have to navigate, especially in that last year a couple of years before you graduate slash postgrad, right, And so I think the image that has created is like this hard line between okay, recharging and recentoring and the partying. But I think the image it's kind of changed over time. I think now it's like party, party, party, don't sleep, But the reality might be something more closer than two. I'm gonna recharge, I'm gonna move into something fun and small, maybe like a day trip, but mostly we still have school next week, so that sort of thing. That's how I actually spent my last two spring breaks. So but yeah, I think it's changed depending on what we've seen.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Anybody else have thoughts about social media and how it has influenced spring break culture so to speak?
Speaker 3: Yes, so, at least from my perspective, I think social media gives the impression that spring break is supposed to be this big, grand thing, like these huge group chips. Like I know one friend group in my city. They somehow, I don't know how the trip made it out the group chat, but they gathered twenty college students and they all stood in one villa in dr and they posted a lot of pictures. It seemed like they had a really great time. But for someone like me or other people who didn't do much for spring break, it can ruin your perception of what it's supposed to be of. Is this supposed to be a time for me to rest or? Is this supposed to be a picture perfect trip where I'm taking pictures. I have this like a friend group of fifteen twenty people. So I think social media definitely amplifies the expectations of what spring break is supposed to look like. Rather than it being a time for rest, it's depicted to be more of a time of partying, which is nothing wrong with it, but yeah, definitely social media plays a big role in that.
Speaker 4: Yes, I definitely agree with both Fatima and Mikayla. Going back to what you said about fear and missing out, I feel that social media plays a part in other students with that. They feel like they have to be at the parties, they have to be at the beaches, they have to take the pictures, and they don't necessarily feel like they need to recharge. They feel like it's party, party, party, all the time.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I wonder if any of you feel like, well, I don't know, Jay, if you were in school, if there's a difference for you, But has there felt like there's a difference pre COVID and post COVID to spring break? I mean, because I feel like you were home kind of doing school at home or just on campus. There were some years where we weren't really traveling, right, and so has there felt like a difference now post COVID to the spring break or have you not noticed very much of a difference.
Speaker 4: I don't think I'm the best person to speak to that. During COVID, I was in eighth grade, and then post COVID, I was pretty much homeschool for high school, so it was never a thing like spring break. But I will say the high schoolers now are also participating in spring break, which is something I never knew about before. I was like, when did we start doing this?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, wow, I was not aware of that. What about for you, Fatima and MICHAELA any kind of difference between kind of pre COVID and post COVID spring break vibes.
Speaker 3: So when I started college right after lockdown, so I wasn't in the thick of it before COVID, but I did have older siblings who got to experience college pre COVID.
Speaker 2: And what I will say is that.
Speaker 3: Spring break before COVID, I feel like, was a lot more chill in the sense that it wasn't a big production for social media. It was, yeah, we're gonna go to Miami, we're gonna go to Puerto Rico, we're gonna go to the dr and everybody went on their trips. Everybody took cute pictures and called it a day. Whereas I feel like post COVID, I don't know what exactly the shift was, but something really did shift, whereas like everything is so social media centered now. Yes, spring break I feel like is more reproduction now than it is an actual trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely agree with that. I wasn't. I also wasn't going to be like in the figure that during COVID or before I started college in twenty twenty one, so I was a ride after. And yeah, I mean it got time. Things were kind of getting reaccolated back into kind of like a semi normal kind of structure when it comes to like spring break and stuff like that. College culture, campus culture, especially at my HBCU. It took like a little bit of time just to get back into the swing of things. But I think now that we've been back for like maybe a year or so, like it has taken a grand kind of scale type of thing. And I agree with the social media playing a huge role in it, because it's got expectation to go to all the places that's trending, get content, do all those types of things, which isn't bad, like it's your rag, but it's also like it is becoming like super oversaturated and it feels like the focus should be more on enjoying yourself and enjoying your peers. Why you have that time to take that break, because you know the rest of the last time it's really going to be built into your schedule, And yeah, I think it should be more focused on having a good.
Speaker 1: Time more from our conversation after the break, So, y'all have mentioned a couple of cities that it feels are still on the map for spring break right, So definitely when I was in school, people talked about, like Daytana Beach in Miami. One city that I feel like has not been as much of a spring break destination but that I'm definitely hearing more about this year is Houston. So I'm wondering, are people on your campuses talking about Houston? Are they visiting Houston for spring break? And how do you feel like cities like Houston and Miami, Like, how did it become such popular attractions for spring break destinations for students.
Speaker 3: So one of my suite mates actually went to Houston, and I also was a little confused about why Houston was the spot, especially because apparently this was like tropical season in Houston or Texas. People were complaining they like, you guys are coming here, but it's going to be raining a lot, which.
Speaker 2: It did, and people were complaining.
Speaker 3: But I think where the shift is coming from is Miami placing a lot of restrictions on spring breakgoers, so that like pushed a lot of people out. Miami kind of was telling people don't come here anymore. And I think where Houston came to play, I don't know, because I questioned myself. I was like, why not Atlanta because I don't know, But with Houston.
Speaker 2: I think for Houston, it has a lot of club culture.
Speaker 3: It's big, and I think also spring Break overlapping with Rodeo. I think that also played a big role in it as well. I was also telling the group before you joined Ghana Independence also had like a big stream of party He's going on in Houston during like the first week of spring break. So I think what happened with Houston this year, it was like there were three waves of people. There were people coming for the Independence events, there were people coming generally for spring Break, and then there were people there for Rodeo as well, and that's how we got what we got this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's really interesting because when I think about spring break, I'm thinking typically water, right, that is what I associated with, and there I don't think is any water. I mean maybe the Gulf of Mexico, but like in Houston, the kinda go lay out next to But you bring up a great point around like nightclub culture righting, like different cultural kinds of things that may be interesting to students, Jaya, what have you been hearing from peers as it relates to Houston and Miami in different places?
Speaker 4: Adding on to the Fatima's point, I only seen about a handful of students actually go to Houston from my school for rodeo. A lot of them went to Daytona, and that is because Miami plays so many restrictions on students, but also with the nightclub culture there, Like say you were a plus sized girl, you probably wouldn't even be able to get into the clubs in Miami. But I know a lot of people want that. Florida feel like you said, a lot of people want to be around water and be on the beach because I feel that a lot of people subconsciously look at the beach as cleansing, So a lot of people yet want to be around.
Speaker 1: Water and MICHAELA, you were in Thoughland, New Orleans. We know that's just like a quick drive to Houston. So people talking about Houston as a fring break destination at your time in campus.
Speaker 2: So prior to this year, not as many people, even though we were like super duper close. I think it was more of like the Florida Miami vibe. But again, as they said that, there are a lot more restrictions and there are a lot of like different identity kind of politics at play, which was a great point. And so Houston has a lot going on this year, and I feel like it was very i would say, like marketed, but a lot of people like with the plans of the rodeo and stuff like that, like they made nice plans and like layout so it can be like an easy trip, so you can have expectations going into it. I think that's the positive. But the social media having an impact is because when people are hosting events and stuff like that, you get a feel of what you're eating into and you can kind of share it into the group chat and see if everybody's comfortable with the vibe that Houston has. And it seems like a lot of people that I know who are still currently at my school, or probably even one or two years out of graduation. All went to Houston to the rodeo and just the surrounding parties. Like when a big thing like that is happening in a city, everybody tries to maybe do an event or that type of thing pop up. So it seemed that there is an array of options this time, and I think this time, this go around, Houston was the place to go.
Speaker 1: So if I'm hearing you correctly, there were maybe like ev organizers and maybe like party promoters who were getting packages together almost for students to opt into, like oh, come spend your spring break here in Houston and you could just pay for your trip almost in one as opposed to like somebody in your friend group organizing. And is that kind of what y'all saw happening?
Speaker 2: For sure? People who I saw when they're yeah, they posted all the events if they were attending, and like a lot of Greek events, different kind of school, kind of theme events the school versus that school. Like people really got creative with promoting and so I think that also was a really big plus in detain around for.
Speaker 1: Got it, got it, So Fatima you mentioned, I mean I'm thinking back to like my time in college, and I don't even ever remember having an extra like two hundred to five hundred or more dollars to like spend on spring break. And you mentioned like all these people getting together and like going to a villa or something in the dr And so, how have you been hearing peers talk about like actually financing spring break. Is it something as like a gift from family? Are they saving throughout the semester for it? Picking up an extra job to do it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: How are people getting creative around financing? Hopefully not credit card did, but how are people getting creative around financing for spring break?
Speaker 3: The top answer for that would be those refund checks. A lot of people are using good amounts of der refund checks.
Speaker 2: Work study jobs as well. People are picking up those extra shifts.
Speaker 3: Like before spring break, everyone I knew did not have their hair done, no nails were done. Everybody was on a very strict and tight budget.
Speaker 2: Fail.
Speaker 3: That's definitely where that's coming from.
Speaker 1: Any thought's there for you, Giant.
Speaker 4: Yes, as far as how I feel people are founding it, definitely refund checks, Definitely their parents. But one thing I've been noticing is a lot of students are acting like random students on campus. Hey, we're going here for screen break. Do you do someone want to put it in one ninety five for the airbnb, Like complete random students that they never spoke to before. They're just getting together to get airbnbs and take the trips and flights.
Speaker 1: H Okay, okay, what about you and Kayla?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, I'd say you like a combination of those two. Like people would definitely ask outside of their friend us they can split it up more because the more you split up the airbnb or the flight costs, the cheaper it is. And then like leading up to spring break, I saw people like selling brownies or like bag goods, or like they'll do a hair sell hotel. Like, people are getting really creative on campus around ramping up to spring break because they were saving up and so they'll use whatever talents they had to just support their trip and so and openly do it. And people understood that there's a common understanding with that, So people were more prone to buying a big good or whatnot and stuff like that supporting them.
Speaker 1: You know, Jeah, you bring up an interesting point in the interest of just trying to make the trip happen, you end up maybe traveling with strangers or you know, like, Okay, I just need somebody to feel this spot. So Okay, I don't know very much about you, but come on, and the common joke around like girls' trips and they fallen apart after a trip to Miami. I feel like this could be one of the reasons why we sometimes see tension after trips is that there is no real common understanding or very maybe much knowledge of this person that you're even traveling with, which can lead to like, oh, I didn't know this about you because I didn't know very much about you at all. And then maybe some of that's spelling over to campus. Have you seen any kind of fallout from that even this year around people who maybe didn't know each other that well and then the group trip did not go so well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the group chat did not make it out of Miami together. I've seen, and it's sad to say what I've seen, like girls get left on beaches and stif girls get left back in the airbnbs because they It's different when you are having a peer or friend and you guys only ever talk or me out the side of a shared space. But then when you're living together and you're not agreeing with what one person does and what the next person does, and you guys are getting into arguments about city things, and this group's breaking up pretty much like you said, group chat, not making it out of Miami, falling out out of Miami. I think that is one of the main reasons why, because they don't know the people that they are going on these trips with not well enough. Anyways.
Speaker 3: Well, for me, today's the first day back from spring break, so I guess I haven't heard anything just yet, but I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I'll hear things as it goes.
Speaker 3: But looking back past couple of years of college, yeah, I've definitely seen those kind of issues. And more times than often, it's not a situation of oh, you took people you don't know on trips. It's you went with your friends, but they were pre existing divides in the friend group that just got amplified on the trip. And you come back from the trip and now it's like, Okay, now everybody sees it for what it is, and you see the whole fallout happen after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so maybe issues that should have been discussed before you actually took the trip, and maybe even people thinking like, oh, this trip will make it better, right, like we'll just have fun together, when we know that that is not always the case. Yes, got it, got it. So I know you are already thinking ahead, Fatima to your birthday celebration and post graduation celebration. But for each of you, are there places that are not like typical spring break spots that you're thinking like, oh, this is on my vision board that I would like to vacation or have a trip there one day.
Speaker 3: Yes, so my sisters and I are talking about South of France, hopefully for a grad slash birthday trip. South of France is a popular summer spot for vacationing, but not necessarily for spring break. My sister also suggested Mikonos, which is also not spring break and I guess this could be a spring break spot, but not at the same time. But Saint Vincent it's pretty close by, it's the Islands, but I haven't really heard it as a spot that.
Speaker 4: People go to for spring break.
Speaker 3: Those are the top three places that I'm looking at. We'll see what works out, but hopefully one of them work out.
Speaker 1: What about you, MICHAELA? Any places on your list for the future, I.
Speaker 2: Think, like for the summer. Like my I also have a summer birthday. I'm also a Gemini, So I'm thinking like I'll be moving to my grad program in New York and so I think, honestly there to start with just discovering certain aspects of the city and stuff like that. I think that's where I'm looking at going. Not a typical spring Break spot and from my knowledge, but I think honestly though, I'm seeing that spring Break is going from like more of like a tropical by the water vibe to like city vibes just because of organizing in the city, club culture and stuff like that. So I'm excited to check that out in New York. I've never been, And yeah, I see it's about exciting.
Speaker 4: What about you, Dan, Yeah, so I am a Haitian American and I'm learning more about that side of myself because my mom doesn't really talk about it. I've started meeting more of my family members lately with the past winter Break and Christmas and whatnot. So I know a lot of people don't want to go to Haiti, but I if I don't go to where my people are from, I at least want to step my foot on the sand on the soil over there to be like okay this and get to know more about it. And I don't think that's on a lot of people's vision boards, per say, because I hear a lot of stigma around Haiti and not going over there and whatnot. If I can get over there, I'm going, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It sounds really important both as a beautiful place to visit, but also it feels very important to you roots wise and like this is where I'm from, this.
Speaker 4: Is my family is bro Yes, definitely.
Speaker 1: So MICHAELA, is there anything that you wish that you had known about spring break before actually starting college?
Speaker 2: Ooh man, that is a great question. I think for me, what I wish that I've known before, like spring break culture is honestly just doing more. Like for me, I'm a bit artsy, right and so I love to take coloroid to have kind of physical media and stuff like that. I think I would definitely invest more into that kind of way of archiving these experiences or just talking about it rather than social media. I think like I've definitely been influenced to just do things for a spring break that I wasn't or my friends weren't honestly super interesting and it's just what's happening right or it's just where you know everybody's at recording so I get to spring break. For me, it's not a typical kind of answer to this question, but I would definitely take more polaris, like I don't know if film camera. I have a little cam quarder like just so I can hold the memories of my hand and have to scroll to find them.
Speaker 1: So nice. More for our conversation after the break and Johnny, you mentioned you are preparing for a nursing school and thinking about what the future of your program will look like. Is there anything that you're hoping that you will do differently in spring breaks in the future years.
Speaker 4: Yes, So going into college, I wish I would have known how important spring break is in terms of resting. In my case, this past spring break, I had no plan, so I just went home and rested. But I really wish I would have been the student to save up to go somewhere, even if it wasn't a place like we said Daytona Houston. I wish that I would have went somewhere to actually clear my mind and not somewhere I'm so familiar with actually be like okay, yeah, you know I did this, and with like having to take my teas and going into nursing school, I just wish I took it more serious because now this is the only time in my life where this break is really built in so into my schedule. So now it's like, Okay, things are getting serious, and I nursing students don't necessarily have a spring break that necessarily averlant and rate. It's always work and no play with them for most of the times. So I wish I would have took it more serious.
Speaker 1: As I'm hearing y'all say talk about this in MICHAELA, you even mentioned you know, now you're in between undergrad and preparing for your grad program, thinking about like adult life, so to speak, right, and like there are not these built in breaks, and it's making me think of, like, how can we do a better job of being intentional about creating these breaks for ourselves? Right, Like it comes as a part of the program when you're in school, but like you still need breaks as an adult, and so how do we prepare for that, you know, say, for that, how do we protect that time on our calendar? So that we don't like burn out or find ourselves really crashing out because we have not taken a break. And I don't think that we always do the best job of thinking about that as adults. But I think that if I could give a piece of advice to you would be to think about, like, Okay, how do I protect time even if it's not a full week, right, Like, maybe it's a couple of long weekends here and there, so that you are still being intentional about giving yourself those breaks even though you know you don't have the name spring break anymore. And fatimo, is there a piece of advice that you would offer to maybe first years or sophomore is about spring break?
Speaker 3: The biggest piece of advice I would always tell people is to not compare ourselves, especially as a first year coming in. Think spring break is one of the first times you really see, I guess, the financial gaps between not necessarily maybe you and your peers, it could be you and your peers, but just your college community seeing the kind of lavish trips some people are able to go on with their families and friends. So the first thing is to not compare or to not feel bad. And the second thing I would always say like, yeah, like just if you have the opportunity to do it, then one hundred percent do it, because these are the only four years of your life where a break is actually built into your schedule. When I went on break with my friend earlier this year, when I was in Ghane and January, one of my friends made a joke and it was like, Oh my gosh, guys, can you believe that next year we're going to have to.
Speaker 4: Put in PTO to do this?
Speaker 3: So it was like just knowing how to actually take advantage of it. So if the opportunity present itself, one hundred percent do it.
Speaker 1: I love it. So you've all kind of talked about kind of making spring break and these different things to your own. What are your thoughts about, like creating traditions like these for yourselves and things that you might share with other college students, any ideas about how you're planning to do that kind of post undergrad life.
Speaker 3: So for me, I plan on guess, depending on how over my post grad job would look, like choosing a specific time of the year to just always tell myself that this is when I'm taking my PTO one hundred percent. I've grown up watching my parents do it. My parents take their PTO together every September so they get to vacation together after working so hard during the year. And I even see my sisters do it every June, they take a summer trip together, and now that I'm graduating, I can finally join them. But I think it's really really great and it's been nice for me being able to see that example set in my life by people that I look up to because they're all very hard working individuals, but seeing them make the cautious effort to take a break and treat themselves shows.
Speaker 2: Me that life is not all about working.
Speaker 1: About too Jallia.
Speaker 4: If I'm being honest, I've never necessarily thought that far out about what I'll do when I get out of college in terms of giving myself a break. I can say that with going on the non traditional path to medicine, I'll be a nurse first, so I think, like, from what I know thus far, my job will allow me to have those breaks. Because we are working twelve hour ships. I know my body will be tired, but it's not as if I'm working every single day. To me, right now, when I think postgrad, I'm thinking of breaking generational curses because I am a first gen student. So I'm thinking, Okay, let me get the good job. Let me go back to school to get another degree, so that I can buy my own car, buy my own house, so I can get my family out of the predicament that I grew up in, so that we don't have to repeat those same patterns. So if I were to sit here right now and think of what I can do to have some stress free days, I would say to I've learned this recently to build in Sunday to where I don't have any phone calls and I just do my own thing for that day and not worry about the stress of the outside world.
Speaker 2: And what about you, Michiela, Yeah, I for sure think that like a tradition or so they're gonna take about like spring break. It's just like when for me and as supposed to graduate, especially when Goo has her job, and like gen Z, this whole kind of exiting college and getting a job. Self advocacy is something that I'm going to consider more because gen Z hiring is having a lot of issues when it comes to taking breaks and having work loads, and you're young, you're in the office, so they're gonna throw a lot out you and be like, oh, they can do that, they can do this, they can do that. But when you're used to having four consistent years of a break or just your own autonomy and that type of thing, it's a hard transition to go into a place where you have to then prove that you need a break. But everybody needs one, and so I think just having a level of self advocacy and also just setting out on peers who might be in a samary situation in their workplace, no matter what kind of occupation we're in, two just it's gonna be hard, it's gonna be difficult, but you need a break, and if you're not getting opportunity to do so because of such a situation, then you know you have to be an advocate for yourself and make sure that that happens.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for sharing that. It has been so much fun to hear more about all of the things that y'all have done for spring break and thoughts that you have around spring breaks for the future. But as we wrap up, please remind us where we can find you online, GIA, if you'll start by sharing any social media channels you'd like to share, you.
Speaker 4: Guys can find me at Gyrina on all socials. On LinkedIn, it is Jaya bacon So first named j Ya renee r e n e e E on Instagram and TikTok and I am currently building a website for college students surrounding around internship, scholarships, fellowships and mental health resources. I am calling it this Sunday Spread, so that will be available very soon and if you guys go follow that instam as well.
Speaker 2: Perfect, what about you, MICHAELA Yeah, So across my platforms, LinkedIn is just my first last name. It it's Michayla m I k n y l an you weary w E n r O y. I share all the things that I'm organizing and accomplishments and stuff like that on there. Then if you want to follow my Instagram or I post on my creative work, it is at b dot MV stands with black or the Berry. That is my independent curation and media company. So if you want to follow that, please do it.
Speaker 1: Perfect and Fatima yes.
Speaker 3: On LinkedIn and you can find me at my full name, so it's Fatima of A t I m A z z A h r A and Cassine k A s s I M. If you're looking for me on Instagram, it's Zara z a h r A A dot My last name Cassim k A s s I M. And I'm looking to be more active on my website. I have a website where I post different political and social issues surrounding black and diaspora places, and you can find that at kodzar dot com, which is k O y I d A z h r a dot com beautiful.
Speaker 1: We will be sure to include all of those in the show notes. Thank y'all so much for spending some time with me again today. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad the counsel was able to join me for today's conversation. Their honesty about navigating expectations, finances, and mental health during this time of year is such a powerful reminder that spring break doesn't have to look one way. Whether you're traveling, staying home, working, or resting, you deserve to choose what's to what's your well being. If you'd like to learn more about tvgu or explore more of our resources, visit the website at Therapy for Blackgirls dot com. Slash TVGU and don't forget to text this episode to two of your girls right now. This episode was produced by Elise Ellis, Indi Chubu, and Tyrie Rush. Editing was done by Dennis and Bradford. Thank y'all so much for joining me for another episode of TVGU. I look forward to continue in this conversation with you all real soon. Take it game,