Speaker 1: Welcome to Dirty Rush The Truth about Sorority Life with your hosts me Gia Judice, Davey Kent, and Jennifer Kessler.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Dirty Rush.
Speaker 3: Our fraternity panels back to answer all your pressing questions. So let's get right into it.
Speaker 2: When you guys meet a girl, do you immediately put her in a box.
Speaker 4: Like a like a like a like a date, a date and only a date, like only a date, a hookup?
Speaker 2: Maybe you want to marry her right away, anything like that? Do you guys do that?
Speaker 5: Honestly, I would say with seconds of meeting someone, you know exactly like the extent, No, I know I was gonna say, I do probably within the first conversation I have with her, Like yes, this is somebody that would date, uh you, I would say, you know pretty.
Speaker 3: Early on, I feel like you know, media, they're gonna date a girl, but you know that she could potentially be a girl, like yeah, like yeah, you obviously check off the boxes where it's like you see your girl and obviously you're like, oh, me and this girl could be great friends.
Speaker 6: Potentially for a long time.
Speaker 3: But you like you obviously are like you see, you're gonna be like oh, I'm not gonna get them this girl to day there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's specific mannerisms I think, especially if it's at a party where you can just tell immediately, like I don't know, I think like eye contacts a big thing. You can tell if girls' just like it's just there like bow humans, like she doesn't like.
Speaker 6: To anything else, like just like grabbing you.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 7: But then there's girls like where you're actually gonna have a good conversation with her, where it's like, oh, I could see myself like hanging out with her after this party.
Speaker 2: Okay. Do you guys think girls put us in a box when they meet us?
Speaker 6: Maybe, but I don't think they're very good at it.
Speaker 8: I know, like like there's the dudes I see with girlfriends and like there's no way, like there's no way back.
Speaker 6: Guys like mc grants. Maybe I don't have them well enough, but.
Speaker 8: Like I always we'll see like like a classic sec relationship, you know that things like I'm there's just no way, Like there's no way that girls have that same intuition.
Speaker 6: If these are the products of.
Speaker 4: That intuition, I do think girls are worse at ignoring the red flags.
Speaker 2: Do you think they're better at well.
Speaker 6: I feel like guys at.
Speaker 2: The red flags.
Speaker 3: Girls we'll just like kind of like I feel like girls accidentally like going into relationship stuff way more than guys.
Speaker 9: They'll be like, oh.
Speaker 3: Like me and this guy dating, everyone's like what Whereas like guys will be like dating for a little bit, like looking up and then like be like, oh, I think I want a dator I don't know, and then start doing it. So like maybe girls don't do boxes.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, I think like girl's perspective over time can be swayed by like personality or like spending time with the girl after a while and like despite that initial perspective thinking like putting a dude in the box whether she would dat.
Speaker 1: Him or not.
Speaker 10: I think after talking to some more they're getting to know that the girls can kind of be swayed a little bit.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 7: I think it's much easier for a guy to give up get over, or like for a girl to let a guy get over the first impression where it's like I think, would you have a bad first impression with the girl, You're not gonna like follow up on that.
Speaker 6: I don't ye, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Actually, you know, because I'm thinking about it, and some guys like have a bad infession of them girl, but like get super drunk and do whatever and just.
Speaker 7: Like okay, but that's different than like then you're putting her in the box of like you just like I want to get with her where it's like you're not gonna.
Speaker 2: Date it that girl.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they totally put us in the box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 7: But also this school is so small where you they already have a preconceived notion of you before going into the conversation.
Speaker 9: They go off, see they kind of know what they're thinking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's similar at this kind of I think at a bigger school, you just don't know as many people, so you're gonna give people. Yeah, okay, going into school, did you know what fraternity were you wanted to join before coming?
Speaker 11: I visited the school a year before I came here, like months before I came here, and I was actually lucky enough to go out with some of the brothers who are in the fraternity that I'm in now, and I think I had such a good time with them that kind of prompted me to have a strong inclination of where I wanted to go right when I first got here. I know, Ali though, has a good story about his perspective on the start.
Speaker 9: I knew Amana when I die here. Now I knew an older guy on my school, talked to him, liked him. Didn't me any really of the younger guys my another Fratorney thought they were cool. Went back to the older guy onto that fraternity. Now, yeah, living it up. So you joined the fraternity then draft to come back to this one. I was shutting my options. Do you want to drop that first fraternity because I saw what it had become like around this roll.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's say on the same lines.
Speaker 3: Coming to Santa Clair, I was kind of trying to fill out the fraternities.
Speaker 10: I just wanted to kind of see options best as possible.
Speaker 2: You know, it was a good school.
Speaker 10: I didn't want to completely confine myself to one fraternity. But after getting to know everyone and kind of dealing everything out with the kind of made the decision easier.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, yeah, Like I went out like similar as a previous story. I went out with some guys when I was visiting here like a year ago, and so I met them and then when I came like for a Welcome weekend.
Speaker 6: I was kind of hanging out with.
Speaker 7: Another fraternity, but their rush process they focused around a lot of seniors, and I didn't really get to know many of the younger guys. And my thinking around it was, these guys are only here for one more year, Like I want to be closer with the guys than be spending the rest of my four years with and I look like ash the younger guys and.
Speaker 8: The other for turn anymore totally, Uh, I don't. I didn't really want to join the fraternity at first, or I wasn't sure if I wanted to. And then when I got here, a couple guys in from my high school in this fraternity, and so I was just kind of hanging around a lot and slowly realized like.
Speaker 6: If I'm going to join any fraternity, it's gonna be this one. I never went to any other like rush events or.
Speaker 8: Any other fraternities or anything, so I guess I was kind of like all or nothing here.
Speaker 3: I know, I definitely like I'm went around with some different fraternities. It's kind of fun, just like meeting these guys because obviously during rush they're like, are way more warm to all these new guys and whatever where It's not always that way once people actually rush their PCs. But for me, it was like I did know a couple guys beforehand, and then there's also the freshmen that I met and become friends with already what they were interested in. Like Also, I was like, oh, like, obviously they have good opinions. Like if these guys are liking these guys and I like these guys, then.
Speaker 9: It all works.
Speaker 2: Have you guys ever lived in your fraternity house? What it's like? Any bad stories, any funny stories? How about you all?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 9: A few times I've seen people come back drunk and they've ripped trees out of the ground, of small trees and then play at them inside the house.
Speaker 2: Making a whole jungle.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I think one thing with Rajourney, I was like, we have a bunch of different houses here. We have some like inner house wars. Sometimes I think I recall someone taking in the upper deck of someone's toilet and didn't tell anyone. They left it there for a couple of months. What uh, yeah, that was last year.
Speaker 2: In your house.
Speaker 9: Also, guys bought this one was just like like they're losers. They've bought on Amazon. The cricket noise strip and put them in everyone's room and it's I think it's still this dand it's probably been like nine months. It's like there's like three in this kid's room. You can't find them, and they'll play every thirty seconds noise.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess in my ass right now.
Speaker 10: Too.
Speaker 3: It's like it's a lot of things where people coming at like four am last like the PA speaker, like mixing or doing something, and then someone will at tax like freaking out, I have two midterms tomorrow, like shut the fuck up. But then they'll be like, you joined it for turn, this is what you signed up for. And then it just that happens like three or four times a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a very common occurrence. Yeah. Another question, do you do boys share details about hookups, dates.
Speaker 4: Situationships with other frat bros problems, like not to.
Speaker 6: The extent that girls do.
Speaker 8: I'm assuming Yeah, if someone comes home from a date like how did it get I'm like, good, we went here, it was good, it was fun.
Speaker 6: I got kind of it, unless there's like some crazy detail like that's kind of all you're gonna get.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 6: The hookup too, it's like oh, how'd it get Yeah, it's fun. Yeah, it's kind of it.
Speaker 2: Some people ask more questions, as that makes me.
Speaker 3: I'm some people ask more questions, but I feel like that's so.
Speaker 2: True that a lot of them are jokes. A lot of them.
Speaker 3: Stink that guys are like talking about every detail. But literally some guy will come back, but yeah, have a good night. He'll be like, yeah, I'm like sweet, Like I don't, I don't really can't. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't care about like what you said to her, what she said to you, or like what what exactly went down?
Speaker 6: Like I don't need those details at all. Yeah, I think that like girls.
Speaker 7: Are super detail oriented when they break things down with their friends, whereas like ours is pretty like blanket and unless it's like a super like crazy thing.
Speaker 6: That happened, like nobody's gonna really talk about it.
Speaker 9: You have the SparkNotes version.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, I got a juicy question for you guys. One of the biggest red flags and sorority girls that you guys notice.
Speaker 3: Being like part of a bunch of different like friend groups and different frats. So it's like your main like friend group of guys is not just like in a fraternity.
Speaker 6: It's like all of the.
Speaker 2: Fraternities, like they all have a guy frame, not just.
Speaker 3: A friend of few, it's like a whole group of guys they go over their house and hang out with and everything.
Speaker 2: Yea, what makes a bad drugs.
Speaker 9: There's a lot of falling down, very sloppy, loud, just like over doing it. Like they're always running around.
Speaker 6: Walking into our house like unannounced, like a weird, weird hour. That's like my mistake.
Speaker 1: I feel like if you guys like get too drunk or whatever, like you know, you'll get sloppy, like eventually if you have drunks, Like that's the same way with girls, right.
Speaker 8: Yes, but at the same time falling over. I've never had to have someone like carry me home or like take me home, And I think I see that every night at a party you're at as like a girl needs to be taken home, put her in an uber center home, carry her home, like somebody has to take care of a girl.
Speaker 6: And that's like I've never been.
Speaker 8: In a situation where it's like, oh my god, so and so so drunk, we gotta go get him, like we gotta make sure he's a couple of times here that Brits always okay, and if we left him alone, he could just fine.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's a different well, that's a different thing.
Speaker 10: Monkey girl have free shots and be like super smaller, so areer dreven.
Speaker 9: And they're just like a lot of this thy It was just like actually just like don't care.
Speaker 3: Well, I think the smart girl is like really hot and when you're like super like blatantly like not the smartest.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like one, girls get drunk. I think when guys get.
Speaker 7: Drunk, they still have some semblance of boundaries. When girls get drunk, like there's like free reign they think for them to do whatever they.
Speaker 6: Want and then it just ends up being so going.
Speaker 4: Guys can totally do that too, though, Yeah, but it doesn't happen as often.
Speaker 3: I see that every single that crossing boundaries when we start drinking, Like like we'll be like when we get back from a party at like three am and we're sitting down, like shots are kind of fired.
Speaker 6: Like you can totally cross boundaries as guys. What was what we're talking about?
Speaker 10: Though?
Speaker 7: It's like a really drunk guy won't just stumble into like a girl's house and like make a fool of themselves. We're a really drunk girl, like run into your house and like do some ship like that.
Speaker 6: That boundary still exists for guys, but I see what you're Yeah. Different note though, for red flags, I'd say if.
Speaker 10: The girl has like a promo code that's her own for any sort of small brand or anything.
Speaker 2: Like a Bathing Scooper brand or like the br.
Speaker 10: Energy Brandy brand, or like she got her little on promo code, like, that's probably that's that's not a good.
Speaker 4: Sign, yeah, being a model unless yeah, it doesn't work, like that's a red flag.
Speaker 10: I'm saying that she's like a to get by this and use my code, like and she got like under ten k followers or.
Speaker 9: Something like that for what.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you see your post on your story saying that that's definitely a big red flag and should be cautious.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, not only fan links thinking.
Speaker 9: I thought, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's it's a different But I don't like styes are doing that.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, I guess closing thoughts these are all questions from storty girls.
Speaker 2: Were there any questions that you guys were surprised to hear.
Speaker 6: The box one? The box that's not something I can think about.
Speaker 2: Ever, Yeah, you've heard it before, but heard it.
Speaker 8: I just don't think about myself doing that, like definitely saying that people did.
Speaker 6: I think it was asked because it probably girls, Yeah, a little more often.
Speaker 2: I don't think you realize you do it. That's the thing.
Speaker 6: It's hard to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's totally yeah, Okay.
Speaker 12: They all seem like questions that I could definitely see asking, like, yeah, normal basis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you guys have any questions for story girls?
Speaker 7: Does anyone want to go to Holly's formal and.
Speaker 2: Serious ones?
Speaker 1: Serious?
Speaker 9: M hmm.
Speaker 6: I just like the same point.
Speaker 8: I do wonder like does it matter what house a guy is that?
Speaker 1: That's a really good one exactly. A girl's like view without knowing a guy, you know, it makes them? Does it make them more attractive? Is it without knowing him?
Speaker 3: Does your perspective on him change based on fraternity?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 10: But what year?
Speaker 9: Like if you're a senior, Yeah, I feel like he's like not blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like if he doesn't get as you get older too, and like you like go to senior year?
Speaker 7: Does a guy being in fraternity even matter at all? Do you care if they're not fraternity.
Speaker 4: Or maybe even after graduate, like after you graduate, would you want to your boyfriend or boy Yeah? Okay, girls, now we need the answers to our questions.
Speaker 2: Let us know below. All right, we're signing off Dirty Rush.
Speaker 3: Be sure to follow us on Instagram and TikTok at Dirty Rush Podcast so you don't miss our episodes, exclusive clips, and more