Speaker 1: Hey Hanks A greedys your boy in O R. What up is DJ E f N And we know it's.
Speaker 2: Not military and crazy alreadio, but I still.
Speaker 1: Like saying it. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And this is Drinks Champ Radio where every day is New Year's Eve. Let's Joe, Happy hood Year, happyhood Year. And I would like to announce for our very first guest, first ever, first ever Drink Champs Radio, Drink Champs Radio, the legend, not just a left rack city legend, not just a New York City legend, not just the NBA legend, but a worldwide legend, national treasure, national treasure. A man who, who, to me, in my opinion, was the first like hood point guard dishing the ball and just disrespecting you, wouldn't have crossed over crazy. We got the legendary. I call him chipp Up because you know what I'm saying. We gotta get to why they say mister chips. I like to chip up better. But I'm with you every step of the way and loud to David Kinny and sitting the motherfucker.
Speaker 1: But that's what suck. I smoke too much that it's not really working out, yo, man.
Speaker 3: Behind the first one, the first guest. I'm honest, Nori. I watched nor grow up. He watched me grow up.
Speaker 1: Yes, and uh, you know we came from you know nothing or something. You know.
Speaker 3: He in the rap game me and basketball. You saw you know, yeah, I saw him kicking cans. But I was right on the side. I was on I'm only like six seven years older than him. I was on the basketball court and he was outside the court, running.
Speaker 1: Around kicking cans, playing tag, playing the monkey balls and enough rack. That's what we did. You probably had wing worms and all that. This true. It's true. Come on, have to have some wing rocks that most but who gets let's do it? So this is real ship man.
Speaker 2: You know, I just I just, I just I'm so honored that you came, man, So honored you step in the booth, So honored that you came with the drink Champs radio because the whole thing is about drinking.
Speaker 1: We know you can hand it, hold it down. We know you can hold we can, but we need someone. Can you feel my childice? Come on, man can wash it out though first we just we just bore that. Can you wash it out? Your kids out there? Man, don't drink. This is drink.
Speaker 3: Drink cham what's drink chair radio? You gotta drink responsible. This is responsible. That is a real talk out there. That is factuber don't drink and drive.
Speaker 4: Godamn and left lift lift is one with a mustache.
Speaker 2: We're gonna come out with our free ride. It is called hohober.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Where you just hood? You just come in. They already got a blood. Lady, make it sound German, so it sounds like.
Speaker 2: A little a little like expensive. Where you come. Guy already got a blood and you're joint. He just he hits you and it's going down. But this is the legendary Kenny Anderson man, we're here. Thank you so much once again for joining us. You know, our first time and you know, one of my earliest memories.
Speaker 1: That I've ever ever ever ever seen jay Z.
Speaker 2: You know why, my first time ever seeing jay Z and your party in the hood.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you remember what I used to do out there for ten years straight. Come on, make him you know he can't and represented.
Speaker 3: But okay, that's so I used to do a community barbecue.
Speaker 1: Man thirty thousand everything.
Speaker 3: You don't want to clap for that, Okay, that's you know, back then a little bit, you know, a lot of money. Thirty thousand, you know, straight up out my pocket, BARBIEQ.
Speaker 1: We had fifty free to the community. They was they was drinking crystal, Yes, they was.
Speaker 3: They was everybody drinking christ We had pits.
Speaker 1: Different about about ten pits? What years? What time frame is this ninety since I've been.
Speaker 3: It was ten years straight, so I had to say ninety one.
Speaker 1: So it's like the nineties, right, the nineties.
Speaker 3: Man, But this is jay Z, yeah on the radio, and you know he's still with He was blowing up.
Speaker 1: He was blowing up, you know what I'm saying, Like he had crystal, So you.
Speaker 3: Know that's when it was first, you know, blowing up. But jay Z came through, man and blessed left Brack.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was crazy, man. We just balled out. My man.
Speaker 3: Big Charles Oakley came through, remember that, Big, Remember that we had the hood lockdown.
Speaker 1: NBA fans is sitting here thinking about it.
Speaker 2: They was in my hood, man, It was in my hood because of this man, I just I just think you need to clap again.
Speaker 1: Got that, man? But what was you doing? Like, where were you at?
Speaker 2: I was a child and I was rapping. You know what I'm saying, But I was I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't believe I expressed to anybody yet that, like, you know, I was serious about this or whatever. But whole seeing, whole seeing you bring home to the I'm just I'm gonna keep going. You have you have so much influence on me. I'm not sure that you know. You know we went two cerparent ways. Yes, when you went, I went to the purpose of this game is to make sure you're drinking feeling great, but drinks responsible.
Speaker 1: The adults were adults right here, but in the first time.
Speaker 2: So I'm walk outside because you know, he like, like he said, he did this like every year. So I walked outside and I seen just Chris style and I've seen I'm a child, you know what.
Speaker 3: I talking about the Rabbi steaks and all that I.
Speaker 2: Was too young that we don't want to just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely April that.
Speaker 3: My mom was so hood justin she we had like a VIP section and then like everybody section.
Speaker 4: So your mom's still living in Leftdio at the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had two places. We kept our cre on the on the on the weekends, you come and play the numbers. Ye, she would kill him and I'm not gonna lie and then we'll go back to.
Speaker 2: The This stories is similar because we're both legends and our own right, but our parents was legends, like keeping my father like be honest, like this is crazy, like like Kenny's moms like like when you look up Left Rights, you should see her, you see my father, like because like this is who raised us.
Speaker 1: But they but they were legends before, yeah, no doubt one and Left Racks and.
Speaker 2: Left Rack was a hood that was like we were we were right if you really think about it, we're in a heart of Queens.
Speaker 1: If you do, if you actually take from fifty ninth.
Speaker 2: Street Bridge, the first thing you land, you'll see Queen's Bridge, no respect to them. Then you keep going, you'll see a story. Excuse me, see Ravis Wood. You see a story or you see everything. But then right before you go to South Jamaica, you can't you can't miss Left Rack motherfucking city. So like like for me, right, Kenny Smith was the first person I've seen actually go, But I didn't know Kenny Smith, Like you know what I'm saying, Like I knew of him.
Speaker 1: I love you know, I love was my coach, Vince was my mentor.
Speaker 3: And that's Kenny Smith brother exactly. Well, we've come from two sides of the fence.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He swim the smith You know the Smiths grew up. You know, Kenny grew up with his father and mother. You know they call no disrespect, They call yo eleven o'clock, Come up, sticks.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. My mother.
Speaker 3: You know my mother, you know, hustling, doing what she gotta do.
Speaker 1: To pay the rent.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, I'm out, so one two in the morning, there was nobody checking for me.
Speaker 1: That's the difference, you know what I mean. And I had to. I got more.
Speaker 3: Love, you know, from guys in the hood like Robin Hood.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, I'm not just you know, they.
Speaker 3: Was doing wrong but doing good right, you know, for helping kids. They might have been selling drugs or doing whatever. I don't condone that, but they would say, hey, k you ate tonight. He'll take this fifty dollars and twelve hours go get something to eat.
Speaker 1: You need a new pair of sneaking seat.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, and good yea, because I didn't have my parents did with me.
Speaker 1: What's the biggest.
Speaker 2: Difference from our hood is that I remember my first time I went to Hot ninety seven, and after that the drug dealers really really wouldn't let me sell drugs no more. They'll be like, yo, dude, you was on Hot ninety seven. Like you got a chance to go somewhere and be somebody. So they used to they used to like actually stop me from pursuing anything. That's a difference from our hood, like a lot of other people that they'll encourage you to.
Speaker 1: Do that and they want to know you got it too. Of course. Wow, man, you come to left frack my hood. That's my hood.
Speaker 3: So they'd be like, yo's kitty and is in that cats be like, what what you want him for?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, So like what what you want him for? Facts? Facts?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they protected the hood, yeah, family.
Speaker 2: And as opposed to when I traveled the world and I see other people and I said, damn, you know what, as bad as I thought certain people was for doing certain things, they actually protected people in a certain And I didn't know you had that same same story until just now, Like I knew that.
Speaker 1: I knew that. Like when you went to Georgia Tech. We went crazy. Yeah, everybody, the whole hood, the whole that's yo. It was one game. Even I'm bringing.
Speaker 3: I'm giving y'all something that people don't even know talk about. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's come on. I ain't gonna give y'all too much give.
Speaker 2: We're gonna promote the documentary's naming the documents. You know, it's the chips for the listeners.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You know what I mean. But uh, the n c A tournament march Man is coming around. So we playing talking about when you beat Shack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you already know you think I'm doing I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know I got the call back.
Speaker 3: You know, I got the call eleven in the morning before broke you to work. Yeah, I'm training against Chris Jackson.
Speaker 1: He changed his name.
Speaker 3: Romans Chris Jackson, all them cats. It was a big time game. And my people from back home left Fraight called me, was like, yo, you better do work.
Speaker 1: So I was.
Speaker 3: I had butterflies all day. I was like, man, my whole the whole town is watching. But I turned it out.
Speaker 1: It out.
Speaker 2: We remember that turned it out we remember that man, you made us so proud.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then and then you.
Speaker 2: Went to bishop, Bishop, Archbishop, my lord, archbishop, my lloyd.
Speaker 3: And that was high school. High school okay, you know for the back of the courthouse.
Speaker 1: And he was like, hall of fame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my my h that's another thing. But most people don't. Some people around the world don't know my high school jersey is in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: That's a fact. Next to kareem my dude Jaba, that's a fact. Me and my man joint show them and made some noise for that guy them.
Speaker 2: Real fuck man, I ain't gonna this hat because it's your friend here every day.
Speaker 1: Every day is New Year's the show.
Speaker 2: But when I wore it, then I when I got to cut the barbers, like, I don't know if your girl's gonna believe this hat because like its look like a strip club, like you know what I mean, Like it kind of looks flagrant, but when you put it on, like no, no.
Speaker 1: It still looks flagrant.
Speaker 2: You put it on, I'm not sure was that was I styling when I had it on a little bit.
Speaker 1: A little bit, But all right, let's get back. So not only that.
Speaker 2: You was what you had your baby mother. Oh yeah, one of the legendary. Yeah now now Pepper was legend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a wild story.
Speaker 3: I got a wild story for you to I'm going wild story story.
Speaker 1: But it was, you know, when we met. I met her.
Speaker 3: Josy Release Forever my Lady released party.
Speaker 1: For the single. It was the album release.
Speaker 3: Party, and my man Pat, who I run with, you know, doing my thing whatever whatever, I'm talking to him.
Speaker 1: We're talking. I don't really know who she is.
Speaker 2: So she gives me the you didn't know who spend the Nah?
Speaker 1: I swet a little offended. No, I didn't know you did at that time. I'm playing ball. I don't really I just she was with the Nets. To me, she was like, she was like.
Speaker 3: I was holding out. I had just got drafted to the Nets number two pick and I was holding out. And we went to the release party and I ran into her and then she gave me the wow Oakie dope, like yo, I work at the I'm a paralegals.
Speaker 1: I work at the office, you know. Gave me the wild number and all that I knew you off.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 1: She tried to she tried to say she wasn't who she.
Speaker 3: Was oh, okay, and my man Pat was like, Yo, no, I spend the und I'm telling you. I was gonna say nah. The next day I was like, nah, man, I ain't. I don't care nothing about that. You know what I'm saying. I don't care about that. She whatever, whatever, And then I just took the call. I just I just made the call and I started pressing them and then she finally said, Yo, yeah, you know what I mean A group, this, that and the other.
Speaker 1: And that's how you know, we cooked it off.
Speaker 3: She was trying a lot of me that she wasn't down with the group, but my man, my man was on it though, so he knew.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So, so what year would have been that would have been Joe to see that ninety one?
Speaker 1: I was a rookie ninety one.
Speaker 3: It had to be ninety one because I had just got drafted and number two pick, and that summer I was that summer of ninety one, I was holding out to get my contract and I was hanging out in New York and we met, and we met and were in to a party.
Speaker 1: Jo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was with her with that album. Let's talk about Wow hero hip hop, that's what. But you know what you know, and me and her, you know, I have like four or five baby mamas, but that's that's like me was that was like my best baby mama.
Speaker 1: Son.
Speaker 3: It was, it was, that's like my best that's like my best baby mama because that's like my second baby.
Speaker 1: But no, but no, in the real though, you know, she did my wedding. My wife is focusing on this point.
Speaker 2: Got married and had your ex wife DJ your wedding.
Speaker 1: Makes some noise for that, damn. But not just not just.
Speaker 3: Any he did.
Speaker 1: But you know what, that is awesome. I'm gonna give a love, you know, love to my mother rest in peace. You made that happen. Yeah, because my moms and her was so tight.
Speaker 3: My mom was telling her to listen, my son is crazy, you know whatever, but you know, deal with him.
Speaker 1: He's gonna take care of his daughter. He's a good dude. And they was real tight. And I think you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know, that's how our relationship came about. Some some baby mamas or whatever don't want to deal with nobody and your family. They fight, they can spiteful. She dealt with my mother and my mama was great, so that's how that worked out, you know what I'm saying. But uh, we're best friends to this day. She real tight with my wife. It's all good.
Speaker 1: That's hard.
Speaker 2: I got six kids in the popa possible so possible.
Speaker 1: Space hand over. God damn, she's rich eight so good. Yeah, yeah, I'm trying to catch up. No, I don't do it no more. Man, another baby, I'm jumping off a bridge.
Speaker 2: But I've been trying to get my tubs out up off a bridge somebody. But definitely, Man, this is again. It's it's so much honor to have you here. So we were going to spin it too. What do you think about what's going on with Peyton Manning right now? Do you think this is unfair he's getting accues for moaning somebody?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been, yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 3: But when you when you're up so high you have success, they try to go back into your past and bring up everything and it happens to the best of us, and I don't It's whole word is his word? That stuff right there? You just don't know. Terrible, it's terrible. You just don't know.
Speaker 1: But what bothers you know me, it probably ain't gonna hurt him. No way, He's not gonna do no time. He's not.
Speaker 3: It hurts your reputation. That's what kills it, you know what I mean. So you know that's the problem. The brand. It hurts his brand.
Speaker 1: That's in the industry that we're all in that brand, you know.
Speaker 3: And maybe he did that he moving you know, uh, moving his team. It was we played around in the locker room upon the time in college, even in high.
Speaker 1: School you're joking around. Who having fun?
Speaker 2: I don't know how so what is the exact accusation though, the exact accusation is he was messing with some check, he moved up, he harassed her, but he was nineteen. The thing about it is, you know much bullshit you did when he was like, now you're gonna bring it up about that when the Super Bowl, So it was it was kind of first off, this is drink chaps, first year sports and this is radio. Goddamn make some noise and sports like, you got your ship popping. They'll always take a Dominican. A Dominican will work it out always. So yeah, that that ship was it was crazy for me seeing that and then not only this his.
Speaker 1: His his way. I want to take it here. We both went to A sixty one.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's what I was sixty one when I got into all of me, the mommy's, the Puerto Ricans and.
Speaker 1: About I used to get up in the water going to school, going to school. I got it from I didn't know this. You know, God is good. I'm gonna give you something else. Real, I'm gonna give you something. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But then it was like two girls I ain't gonna tell you their name I went to school with I was crazy about. They would give me the top of the day.
Speaker 2: They probably need their name, shout it out right now. If you do that, they probably they're not caught them in New York or the club. Yeah, went to school girl Like I was like, yeah, well I went. I went to I sixty one and my first Latino girl, Latini girl, sorry, a little drunk first Latino.
Speaker 6: Her name was Kathleen I remember, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: She was from Peru or Ecuador.
Speaker 2: That's why every time I talked to Worris or maybe she was and Ecuadorian who is who knows, but yeah, she turned me out.
Speaker 1: Ever since then, I've never wow. This is wow.
Speaker 3: This is wow because this is because let's bring it out the same roots, but.
Speaker 1: Here here's got to bring it.
Speaker 2: And now for the podcast listeners, you can't actually see what I'm doing. But here's Left Rack, right, and then here's Corona. And in the middle of the Left Rack and Corona is a school called sixty one.
Speaker 1: Junior High School. And that's it's smacked there in the middle.
Speaker 2: So it's a one hundred culture class. What I mean by that is in the beginning of sixty one, it's nothing but Spanish, Spanish everything I'm talking about, every person off the boat, every person you know, from Cuba to Nigowagua to whatever they move here, because that the Blanco actually was there, right, and then after that comes Northern Boulevard.
Speaker 1: Then it's black again. So all these people had to actually, this is real shit.
Speaker 6: All these people had to actually mesh in one school.
Speaker 1: And if you was.
Speaker 2: From Left Rack, you had to actually stay with Left Rack people. But then Corona people that were Spanish predominantly black predominant.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 2: Yeah at that time, no, no, no, you went in a New Age millennium.
Speaker 1: But you know, like in the nineties nineties years all black. Yeah, it was all all black.
Speaker 2: That's when my father, you know, was the only Puerto Rican running.
Speaker 3: Around mad boxing run he run around left track is a circle square. You go run fifty seventh Avenue junction hard it's hardy, so you can get your run on, you know what. I man, his father used to be out there. Everybody can go to go Poppy. I mean, you ain't want to mess with Poppy, all right, mama?
Speaker 1: It was crazy. Man.
Speaker 2: You can tell you smoke, you tell smoke, but that's the So.
Speaker 1: You went to sixty one?
Speaker 2: So how did your basketball career start from sixty one on the reil?
Speaker 3: This is another this is crazy. I used to kill those guys in gym class and gym class, okay yo. And then I just had to get out of there because Vincent. That's when I met my mentor, Vincent Smith.
Speaker 1: Vincess Smith. Let's make some noise for vins Smith. He's up. Yeah, I didn't know. That's when I said life, I used to. That's what you know. He got me straight mentally. You know, So he met you. You said you said he met you when you was in school.
Speaker 3: He met me before that, but I went to junior he said, I had to go to that school, junior high school. I was messing around in school, man, I was the effort.
Speaker 1: Wasn't there?
Speaker 3: I was bs and and I was a problem child in school, you know, I was.
Speaker 1: I was just tripping out.
Speaker 3: So he said, yo, you gotta do well this year and so we could get you into high school.
Speaker 1: Did you graduate from sixty one or you? I graduated from sixty one? Okay? Cool?
Speaker 3: And I went to Archbishop Malloyd. But I had to take all these tests.
Speaker 2: Because about the action. Isn't that like a scholarship school or or something like that.
Speaker 3: It was you had to pay tuition by about twenty something thirty thousand for the whole four years. And my man and my angel, you know, Howie Lawrence, you know rest in peace. He coached girls at the Lost Battalion Hall, Lost Battalion. Man, he had like three jobs and he was like, yo, no strings attached him.
Speaker 1: And my moms wasn't like that. At nothing. He knew I was wanted to go to my Lord.
Speaker 3: He was like, yo, if you keep a B average and my Lloyd, I pay your tu wish what? So he paid my tuition and he died, uh when I before I finished, man, And.
Speaker 1: That hurt me.
Speaker 3: But Howie Lawrence Man paid me to wish, but he said I had to do. He looked at my transcript every every every month to know if I was keeping up with my grades.
Speaker 1: And nobody knew who was paying my tuition. But he was paying my so I own, you know, all the AAU teams and all that.
Speaker 3: I could do what I want to do because somebody was paying. I didn't owe nobody nothing, so he paid my tuition and all that. But but but I was sixty one. I had a great English teacher, mister Joseph. Was he there when you were there?
Speaker 1: Because I'm not mister Joseph was ill. I was pretty good at English because I was pretty good.
Speaker 3: In English because I expressed myself good on paper when I do essays and all that. But he was real hard on me and all I had to get myself together because he.
Speaker 1: Knew I can play ball. But that's what happened. Man.
Speaker 3: I went there, and I was when I was going to I sixty one, I was so big in the playgrounds. I was playing on the summer leagues and all that in Harlem and everywhere.
Speaker 6: Now, I remember the Hood used to come out for you so crazy.
Speaker 2: The Hood used to like like, I've never seen nothing like this in my life, Like where they've seen a brother have a positive chance and all the negative brothers in the hood said, you know what, you making sure he stayed positive. That's what pushed me. It was like, that's what pushed me seeing you because you know why, like I knew your mom's you know she I ain't gonna front. There's no other woman in the hood who sent me upstairs more than your mom.
Speaker 1: She wanted to see me.
Speaker 2: Like throwing dirt bombs or something and be like, I'm telling your father. I was so scared of my father that I couldn't be my father for nothing was bed was nice.
Speaker 1: And she used to always I'm telling your father.
Speaker 2: So so how did the transition happen from Bishop Mlloyd to Georgia Tech?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah by then? And this is crazy, this is real talk. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: My neighborhood and like you said, people that raised me.
Speaker 1: My man JB is here with me now in the studio. You know, he right there. You know, after thirty years, he's still with me. My business, JB.
Speaker 3: You know he watched over me, watch over and make sure I'm doing the right things when I got to high school. I went to Catholic school. Man to be real, I went to my whole from I sixty one, it's real talk mclloy. I became a nerd. I became a nerd. And if you if you know me, I had one girlfriend. I met my girlfriend tenth grade, my high school. We are She was a middle you know, she middle class middle and Rosedale.
Speaker 1: She lived the roer. She had a whip that nah, No, wait, that's that's older. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Renee my middle my middle school, I was as I had one girl from my whole high school career. She's a middle class girl in Rosedale. Rosdale, they had that there. She had a house, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That was like the only other place in Queens who had terraces like us.
Speaker 1: Nah, she didn't Roxdale Rstad.
Speaker 3: I'm bugging, but Brenee has to get some credit.
Speaker 1: I give her some love.
Speaker 3: Her family took me in, you know, she drove me around all the games, she helped me with my school work. My mother after a while, you know, they used to send me home late. After a while, Mom was like, yo, just stay downstairs, you know what I mean, just stay downstairs. In the in the in the living room downstairs, and you know they really helped me.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: So my whole life, my whole mentality change when I went to Archbishop Molloy High School that I met with coach Kern, my my mentor with Vince Smith was assistant coach.
Speaker 1: And he was assistant at Malloy, which was with me. This came with me. Oh I think about it is.
Speaker 3: When I when I played at Malloy and I met Renee, I didn't come. If you noticed, I wasn't in the left brack a lot. I used to go there late night. I used to come down there on the weekends and go.
Speaker 1: Back and forth. But that's the that's the real thing. Man.
Speaker 3: It just changed my whole demeaning when I went to mclloy. And that's where you know, back then, all the recruiters if you went to a very good academic school, and if you went to if you the ball, they came and they came and recruited you.
Speaker 1: If you was with another if you was with a.
Speaker 3: Bugged out school and you ain't do your school, they wouldn't recruit you.
Speaker 1: So I was just I just lucked up. Man.
Speaker 3: I was blessed, you know, shorty wow La Black. They was trying to pull me down. They was trying to pull me down. That's my people. I love them, but I used to. I got with Vince and that was my mentor. That's who I stayed with, trying to get better with basketball and trying.
Speaker 1: To come up.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, that's that's That's an amazing story. I know everybody else had you know it that he's talking about, But it's such an amazing story because I remember when Vince messed with me. It was like, I was, he messed with me, and then he caught me, you know, pumping sulling crack. So he was like, yo, man, I'm not messing with you. No more than he went and had a he had an actual tournament in Coney Allen and the boys that he had.
Speaker 1: Hired the higher we ain't getting paid shit.
Speaker 2: But you know the people that he actually you know, had on the team at the time, they were scared of these Coney Island boys.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. They was like, and then Vince came back.
Speaker 2: And said, Yo, I'm gonna put you back on the team. But if you you know what I mean, like, and that's how I learned how to play ball. That's why again, I said, and I love my life. I used to play ball of events show I handled the pill trying to be like you though, Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like this is real ship, Like this is real ship.
Speaker 1: One of the I'm gonna put you all on.
Speaker 2: Before because I got to get to the Bobby Curly.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what, man, Man, Yeah, but you're killed. I had to. Man, you want to take it there right now?
Speaker 3: You want to because we're doing my documentary. Bob doing some stuff I talked about. He's coaching at Arizona State University.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's my man.
Speaker 3: But you know, when he was in college, you know, we was, you know, in New York, I was the number one point guard.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then in New Jersey he was also All City for like four years straight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then he was people don't know. Bob Hurley was nice. Bob Hurley was the number one guard in New Jersey. So we're in the metropolitan area. So every time I had to you know, me and him was always talked about. But when we got to college, you know, I just you know, I don't know the word jealous. I was envy because he was with the Duke and they won a lot. It wasn't so much about talent, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I was going to get it Georgia Tech. I just dominantly black anybody and not in Georgia Tech. Georgia Tech is like.
Speaker 3: Filipino, Asian Philipino. We just down the block from Sport, Spellman More House all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nah, I thought at that time Atlanta was all black.
Speaker 3: Atlanta was mostly black, but not Georgia Tech. That's a that's an engineer school. It's hard ship that they put it on the board. You think you're looking at Chinese. You know that's hard. You know that's a very educated school. But nah, but me and Bobby went at it. I just always wanted to destroy him and do good against him, because for one to destroyers.
Speaker 1: Because he knows that.
Speaker 3: Because I wasn't, like I said, it wasn't jealous envy because they won so much at do they just want I didn't have that much talent year in and year out to compete with his teams. So I wanted to do better than him individually. But that's my man. He's a fears competitor. He wanted the best point guards ever to play college ball, and that night I was just on one. You know when we played that move, you know, I just you know, I just off instinct. I played on instinct. Man, I couldn't. I couldn't do that move if you told me to do it just normally.
Speaker 1: It's got it. I play off instinct. That's what. That's just what I'm about.
Speaker 6: That was your favorite team you ever played on?
Speaker 3: Well, my only you know, NBA was great. You know I played in the NBA. I say NBA was awesome for me because it had the infrastructure to take care of my mother, take care of me and my mother out to struggle. But my first six years playing basketball at Molloy in Georgia Tech is the best years of my life.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not taking nothing away from the NBA.
Speaker 3: For the NBA, that's true story.
Speaker 1: You know the NBA.
Speaker 3: Don't get me wrong. Everybody you know, see and this is what I talk about in my diet. Everybody couldn't celebrate the way I celebrated at ten years old. I was a child prodigy. So some people get it late. I got it early, you know what I mean. So my NBA care was solid, but it's not when money comes involved. It's a lot of politics involved that I have no control over. But I love my team New Jersey Nets, Boston Celtics, and the Portland Trailblazer. Those three teams I put my handprints one.
Speaker 1: I can't just my argument.
Speaker 3: I can't Metropolitan area, man. I gotta give it to my Nets because the Metropolitan Area and it started my career with the Nets. Willis Reed was the GM, the great New York Knicks. He was the GM at the time. He drafted me number two man number two over nineteen ninety one. I gotta give him love my man. Derrick Coleman still what hell me? He's probably.
Speaker 1: You look like Derreck Coleman right now. Dream.
Speaker 2: I'm just sorry, yo.
Speaker 3: This is a true statement for me and I played with some great plays. Derek Coleman is the best player I ever played with. Ever, how much much talent? Six eleven do everything? He's off the change.
Speaker 1: This is a fact. Now, who's the best player you ever played against? Oh?
Speaker 3: Alan Iverson Man, I got little dude was a beast.
Speaker 6: I felt like Alan kind of like took after you.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he uh maybe, but no, he was more.
Speaker 3: Of a h How can I say it more of a scorer, more of a I'm more of a point guard, pure point guard.
Speaker 1: You know, that's what I came into.
Speaker 3: But uh, you know, he was a beast man, and I think everything everything lined up right for him. That's like it's another thing. You know, he got the right team around him. You see it late in his career, he couldn't do the things he could do because he wasn't getting the ball, He wasn't getting the minutes.
Speaker 6: Because doing a lot, doing a lot like it was.
Speaker 3: At Philadelphia, Philadelphia team for ten years or so how long it was.
Speaker 1: It build around him. So he was able to do all of that.
Speaker 3: And the NBA that's what has to happen for you, because a lot of guys got talent. But if the team is not centering around you and you're not in.
Speaker 1: A good you know, with a good coach.
Speaker 3: And you see when when he started, he couldn't play the same way. I'm gonna started dropping, everything started coming out.
Speaker 1: He don't like to practice. Now he hang out tomorrow. He drinks a lot. Are we talking about practice? Yeah?
Speaker 3: But what about when he was you know, when he was balling, he was the same person. But you know, that's just how the lead is because a lot of politics and everything involved in it. So they keep everything on the rap. But you know what I mean, me, I don't. I don't look at it that way. You know, I had a great year. I got fourteen years in man, and I always tell my son and I always walk away with anybody.
Speaker 1: I told JB I be joking.
Speaker 3: I laid e body with the left, man, My left laid everybody laid Jordan Lady Patrick Ewing, I laid everybody.
Speaker 1: With the song. Let me tell you something. You have the hood.
Speaker 2: Let me just say you so you everybody in the hood fact wires to come out back in the days with the little fucking TVs.
Speaker 1: He's you know, it was a ritual.
Speaker 2: You had to watch his game, even if you ain't like basketball.
Speaker 1: Real talk, you had to sit real talk. On the alcohol alcoholic block.
Speaker 3: My mother used to be like, yo, go take care of the people over there when you come through the.
Speaker 2: Block, because you know you alohol.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my father has a mirror. He has a mirror on alcohol. You fit in there.
Speaker 3: Probably it's like saying what the corner was block.
Speaker 1: Man, that's the fact. That's the drinkers that super drinking. This is why me and you are drinking. This is why we you with that cause my mom was like, you know, going to liquor store. His mom's a legend and left fraight.
Speaker 3: Hit everybody up when you come through that. That's why I said, I am coming through that. You do that, But I used to take care of it when I come back home, going there by champagne, by the handy, by beerd I just leave it there and I see y'all later.
Speaker 1: Man. Now, wow, it was aholic. Block was wild. It was such a legend. There was like a block in the summertime, right, that's what it was fun to talk to them.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell you one of the best moments of my life.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I know you don't early. I know you don't know this. I know you know it, you know because you was there. Yeah, but this is here's what's going on. Right.
Speaker 2: Big had died in nineteen ninety six. Correct, nineteen ninety six. I recorded the War Report album nineteen ninety seven. The warr Report album actually dropped. I had nothing to do, right, meaning I just dropped the album. Capone had got locked up trag really wasn't me and him wasn't really talking. I was still selling crack it foul ship, but it's real shit.
Speaker 1: Coconnelly had seen me.
Speaker 2: Aconnelly said to me, how much how much you got on you? I said, I got like five hundred work for you. I can only give me five hundred dollars, right, he.
Speaker 1: Said, give me, give me your work. I gave him the work. I can only said, walk with me. He threw it in the suit doing the seuper.
Speaker 2: I almost wanted to snuff him, like you doing. He said, I just paid for it. What do you care what I.
Speaker 1: Do with it? Right? All right?
Speaker 6: Cool ox Sad sat me down and said, you'll watch this.
Speaker 1: Every car that drove by left right.
Speaker 2: This is the component Oriegga album was playing the War Report right on.
Speaker 1: So he's like, I'm bringing you on tour tomorrow. He brought me on tour.
Speaker 2: He showed me the world, like you know the world that he was living at the time, at least you know the Virginia is the North Carolina, South Carolina. I went back in the studio. I did the record card I'm Leaving on the firm album blows up. I get a chance to actually do the n r E out right, an our e album drops, We're in the sauce of wards in La right, and we shook cause you know big, they killed Big.
Speaker 1: Let's just be they killed Big.
Speaker 2: Don't laugh at hold, I know you didn't even know what you laughing at, but they killed bag, right, So what happens is my album drops. When my album drops, my label rented out the La mont Trosse Hotel at the.
Speaker 1: Top of the Mamanress Hotel.
Speaker 2: They got waiters, they got We didn't trust bitches in l A. I know this story is gonna sound a little crazy, but we didn't trust trust girls because the story we got was Big was set up through girls.
Speaker 1: So we just was out there, but.
Speaker 2: Just us left rack Nigga's a bunch of on whoever was with me at the time.
Speaker 1: Right, The label callsed me and said.
Speaker 2: You got the number one album in the country at the time.
Speaker 1: I'm nineteen twenty. I don't know what that means. Like the number one album in the country.
Speaker 6: Great, but we didn't want to go out, so.
Speaker 2: They sent us so much champagne whatever whatever, whatever, Right, we come we in the Jacuzi. Yeah, so all men sounds crazy. But we didn't trust women out there at the time, so we was like fuck it. We all sat in a jacuzie. But then I got out and I was like, fucking let's go out tonight. We went out tonight. You pulled up in there.
Speaker 1: I don't remember what Bens.
Speaker 2: It was the Bens carry red drop top and you playing my album. Do you remember You're playing Badroom TV.
Speaker 1: You pull it up and you yelled at people like what yell? Don't know what the fun this like? And you and I'm like.
Speaker 7: I was kidd kcause he's the legend of me, so I don't want to disturb him.
Speaker 1: I'm seeing he's talking actually about me. I don't want to disturb because it's the homie. And then he sees me.
Speaker 2: He's like, yo, you parked your car in the middle of the street.
Speaker 8: I was all, yo, the best was one of the best, Like you parked it.
Speaker 1: You've seen me? You was like, you will see everybody is an r E album. I'm not talking about the W Report no more because I know. And and you jumped out and it was like you know what the fuck you got right now?
Speaker 9: And I was like, not really, I know how to say that, Like that, but in my mind I was like you was like, yo, you grabbed me, Papa, are you good?
Speaker 6: And then that's that's what I realized.
Speaker 2: And the police had came. This is the crazy ship. The police came and said, oh, Kenny, you good.
Speaker 1: Lived. I lived in l a like three years.
Speaker 3: I was on sunset something I used to be on some I used to be like a certain places all the time, so they used to just leave me alone.
Speaker 1: But I was on but nah.
Speaker 3: I was so proud of him, man, because coming from now it's like circle now. I don't even remember. I know I was on one, but I was so excited to see him.
Speaker 1: And I had his CD I bought.
Speaker 3: I know, I had like at one time, I had like ten cars, so I had like ten of CDs because I wouldn't want to keep switching the CDs I bore, so I had it.
Speaker 1: I had it on repeat. Man, I think from the hood. Man had six hundred bins Chervy you read. I'm telling you, I remember it because this was a for me.
Speaker 2: You pulled up and then it was dropped and when you cause we were like, yo.
Speaker 4: Can.
Speaker 1: And you was talking. Should have said, Yo, this is what happened I'm going with him. I'm going I see nigga, said Chip And he said, oh, Ship, niggas, who know me? He said, yo, what I had bunch of left rack niggas.
Speaker 2: But I had never seen a person leave one hundred thousand dollars car in the middle of He stopped traffic in the middle of l A.
Speaker 1: And when I.
Speaker 6: Stood there and I was like, and you was like you made it keep going.
Speaker 1: I forget what else you're saying. But I was just like, I'm staying in l A.
Speaker 3: Like now to see him do that, to understand, you know where we come from.
Speaker 1: And and he followed like he caught out in the music world.
Speaker 3: At that point, I was like, yo. And when I told my family and all that, I was like snoring, Yo, you from left Rack. I was hyped. I was hyped for you now.
Speaker 2: But I had like, yo, you don't understand that moment in my life. It was like it was one of the best moments of my life.
Speaker 1: This is real, Ship.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying this. I'm not saying no, no, but what it was, you know what it was. And I'm sorry for any because you know, I love white people, but for any of my white listeners. When the label called me and said you got the number one album, it didn't mean shit to me because I didn't know what number one album meant.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But when I see you playing it, and now when I seen you and you had the Streets of La on smash, I'm gonna keep it real with you being humble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm not being humble right now. When the police.
Speaker 2: Came, I'm thinking straight out of Compton.
Speaker 10: I'm thinking we go to go down right now. They sit to They was like they knew you there and I ain't gonna even let you chill like another five more minutes. There was like you got a little and you stood over there and you kicked it to us, and like I.
Speaker 2: Was just stood there and I looked at you and I was like, yeah, it was you made me unafraid of l A like single handed. Oh yeah, yeah, I'll tell you because I was so scared when Big die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand you listen out of eye like a man.
Speaker 2: You the person that single handedly made me like, yo, you know what l A l A can be done?
Speaker 1: Because although he.
Speaker 2: Because you know, I had a record this in La, so it's a little different, l A, it should be so.
Speaker 1: And you was the one who single handled when you did.
Speaker 3: That, you was like this can be like yeah, that's like just full circle real quick.
Speaker 1: We wanted w you know I got one All Star. You know I'm an All Star? Yes, you all.
Speaker 3: It wasn't it wasn't picked by the coaches. I didn't care about the coaches. An't nothing. I got to That was the year Jordan retired. I think I was the highest guard get in the East by fans. Take a million and two. That met the world of me. It wasn't coaches, wasn't nothing. That's that's what you know what I mean. I felt loved, I felt appreciative, like this Kennyannis and he finally arrived.
Speaker 1: So it's the same as you. I didn't care about the lead.
Speaker 3: I didn't care about like because if you don't make starters, you get the coaches. I was gonna get probably picked anyway by the coach. But the fans voted me all as a starter, right so that it was huge for me.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I got snubbed a few times that I should have made it, but whatever, you know what I mean, that's life.
Speaker 2: But the most pre dominant guard NBA, and I'm talking about it just like as an NBA fan. I used to sit back and watch and I used to be like that. I wanted to be to be a ball player. I just smoke too much up for me. Like, so I really wanted to be you, like I tell you no, I really wanted to be you, Like, be honest, This is one hundred sick because he was the first person that I knew who made it like your mom's and knew each other.
Speaker 1: They drink at the bars, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So my first person I looked up to was you, and then the second one was Akonelly. You know what I'm saying, was ally like and I actually was like, yo, he knew I was a dickhead.
Speaker 1: He's like selling drugs for it. But I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 6: And but you, you, you you.
Speaker 2: Definitely if it wasn't for you, in a lot of ways, I wouldn't be here. I know you, be honest, because you gave me hope, and hope is better than anything in the world's real, you know what I'm saying. Like, I know it's probably emotional for you motherfuckers, but let's get tough, all right, So hope, like hope is like, yo, you know what I'm saying, Like, I hope I can do something like that. You know what I'm saying, changes your possibility, It changes your possibilities.
Speaker 3: And that's what we need of these inner city needs. So I always go back to left frack r.
Speaker 2: And like you said, you did these barbes for ten years.
Speaker 1: Like at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: When I first because I went to jail, I don't I didn't want to bring it up. But this right I went to jail. When I came home from jail, that was the first thing I seen was when you had the barbecues and you brung jay Z out there. And when you rung jay Z out there, it was like, what the fuck? This is not because I didn't I ain't never want to be like, oh I'm not gonna I can't lie to the fans. But what I'm saying is this is something I want to be like. And you had them out there, you had them chilling. Then everybody nobody could touch h spreend the rella. She was like untouchable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was your girl.
Speaker 2: It was just like this is facts, this is like And then are you you and Tammy still cool?
Speaker 1: Good man? I would never disrespect Tammy. You're very classy.
Speaker 2: I never none of yet none.
Speaker 1: Of your girls. This is probably the most unclassy things.
Speaker 3: Exactly me in a blue cop Oh.
Speaker 1: I felt today, I felt pased today. But nah, man, my mother taught me, you know better than that.
Speaker 3: She got my two daughters, my nineteen year old, my twenty one year old, regardless of what me and her did. You know, she's a scar woman. And I always say, and I made it that way. I wasn't shit. I wasn't you know, be real. You know, I wasn't faithful. I was too young to get married. I didn't know what marriage was all about. I was twenty four. I should have listened to my mother.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: That wasn't a time for me to get married. But I would never disrespect that woman. And to this day she raised two beautiful daughters. Man regard, I don't talk about her. Whatever she do, God bless her, but that ain't nothing. That ain't nothing to me. My daughters is nineteen and twenty one. They called me the group?
Speaker 1: Is that the group? And they sing, yeah, my daughter jazz in the rap game. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And then my daughter Lyric goes to University of Texas.
Speaker 1: You know we're good. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I got five girls and three boys. I don't you know what I mean me all that I'm forty five years old, too old to be talking about that pass it about a girlfriend, and you know what I mean. So you know what I mean, Like, I don't you know whatever. We had our differences, and I tell you one thing, I was a man.
Speaker 2: Because the only reason why I asked you the question is when I first seen basketball wives, I see to say your name because I actually I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's my first wife first seen it. Yeah that's my first wife.
Speaker 3: And she came on there and said some things that it's all the script man. The script man knocking that reality. I don't knock nobody hustle make their money. I just kept my mouth closed.
Speaker 1: Now you're a gentleman. Man.
Speaker 3: My mother, my mother told me, don't ever do that to your kids. Now my kids, my daughters is older. They know that I will never say nothing, do.
Speaker 1: You, gentleman? Got damn make some noise, people, gentlemen, got damned. You need more wine. I'm good to give him. We're good, home girl, homegirl, you needed to come in and drink. It's god damn. You like a Jessica. What's your name again? Look like a Jessica. Your name again?
Speaker 2: Oh that's Anna from all I know.
Speaker 1: You know, Sunday DBT.
Speaker 4: He's a crazy he's from home stand probably know, but but it never never gets the drill.
Speaker 2: Name No magic magic, Oh ship Am I blowing.
Speaker 1: Them up right now?
Speaker 3: Sometimes he yo, for real and I'm gonna tell you something that is real and this is no joke. I had a great night, man, No man here with this dude. I ain't see this dude in ages. I always you know, my son and I got teenagers.
Speaker 1: They they with the hip hop. I'm with the hip hop.
Speaker 3: So you know when he said, yo, come on and we start staying in touch with each other, this is a great night for me.
Speaker 1: Man talking about you know, because we come from the same roots.
Speaker 3: Just played ball, rat the generation hip hop is basketball.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying is it works together. I mean that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like everything about your game back then was like I said, hood Earlier I said everything about your game was hood.
Speaker 1: But in retrospect, it's hip hop.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You can tell that you was listening to run dmc L. That's who I grew up.
Speaker 1: Of course you can tell that, you like, we can tell that.
Speaker 2: And it's so special that because to me, you were like you were like Ai.
Speaker 1: Basis game on for you.
Speaker 2: Now you might not want to claim that you know what I'm saying, but you came like a little before him, like like maybe what a little before him?
Speaker 1: I'm a little older. I don't know. You got to check that out, but you was the first.
Speaker 3: We don't check facts, check fact.
Speaker 1: It's a wild you know, it's ok. It's okay, we don't need fact. It was yeah, man, it was funny.
Speaker 2: It was funny because this past weekend, All Star Weekend, Alan Iverson, Kenny Smith, Tianna Taylor, and Demon serv had a Omar Shepherd had.
Speaker 1: An old fucking party together. You know what I'm saying. And when I'm speaking to Ai, like, you know, I know him.
Speaker 2: I met him a couple of times, but in my mind it was like I felt like, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Not that he took your style, I don't care, but you're atted to your aura.
Speaker 6: It was on that court, only you was cutting niggas.
Speaker 1: Your crossover, I ain't gonna front.
Speaker 2: The first killer crossover I ever seen was from you. You used to come, used to be from section two, section two, section two to to the high school to college to the killer across over.
Speaker 1: I first seen the kill a cross.
Speaker 3: Over behind the legs all that, like.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Like you just made me so proud, like the crazy thing was to me. Kenny Smith is likeelly, now let me let me do that.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Kenny Smith is like, and you I patted off for you, like me, excuse me me? I padded off for you because you was more like you was more the hood dude, Like it was more like your mom's in the hood.
Speaker 1: Like it's like my father was in the and you know, Kenny was more relatable.
Speaker 2: Kenny Smith is more like, you know, he had good can't be you can't get done for that.
Speaker 1: That's his family too.
Speaker 2: And the same thing Withy, like he don't smoke, he don't drink.
Speaker 1: It's like it's cool.
Speaker 2: But when album dropped, a lot of left right people felt disconnected from you because they was like he's talking.
Speaker 1: About eating pussy is his album? There was a people was like, you know back then black people.
Speaker 5: Then it was they just got high in the black community.
Speaker 1: Put it in your mouth.
Speaker 2: No, no, but that was after his first but even his first album was called Vagina Dina. It was called Vagina Dina. So there was left Rack was sitting around. That's my brother, Cannelly. I love him to help me sustained. But I seem to disconnect. I've seen people like you know, you know what I mean. They related, but they related as much as they could.
Speaker 1: But and and and and in.
Speaker 2: All honestly, some people were Kenny Smith, that's that's my brother too. But some people say Kenny Smith was from Brooklyn and.
Speaker 1: Then he moved. No, he's from left Rack, but he a lot. You didn't see him a lot. But that's the only difference. But we see me every every day.
Speaker 3: Because I'm going out my mom whatever, I'm going out to see my man. I might go see my man. J me, Man, give me fifty dollars. Man, I need something to eat. I mean this, I need that. But you know what against me, and it's gonna it's always. I think somebody too think came up to me in New York, say you the people's champ and that shit hit my heart. It was like, we don't care about all that politics, this, that and the other. You the People's champ, and it hit me and I said, wow, you know what I mean, And I remember that it was.
Speaker 1: It was a woman. She's like, you just keep it, you know you. I don't keep it one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I keep it real enough, but you could touch me, you know what I mean when I was you know what I'm saying, I really didn't care about all that other nonsense. But those kids in the generator right now, those kids in the hood, they need hope, They need somebody like me, Like that's the later I came up through alcoholics, drug addicts, this that and the other other stuff.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna get deep into what it is what I'm saying, I came to the I came up, So they.
Speaker 3: Need to hear that to say, you know, Dick Slexia went to Archbishop.
Speaker 1: Maloya High School dyslexic. I'mlex I was. My next album is gonna be called Dyslexia.
Speaker 2: That just like yah, yah, we have this listen.
Speaker 3: Y'all, can you have the whole joint you have to cover backwards?
Speaker 10: Yeah, people don't believe this.
Speaker 3: Man, Yo, my man, God bless Vincent Smith. He took me to all these prep classes. I didn't have it on a high level. So I'm able to if they gave me more time with the test. I see letters and little words, I'll be all flipped out to.
Speaker 1: To this day. I'm like, you know, you just lead or something like lead or it was.
Speaker 3: I might sometimes real quick and put the s I'm smell it backwards real quick and I have to change it.
Speaker 1: So that's the.
Speaker 3: Numbers and all that is different. But I got it on a small total pole. But what I was saying is these kids need to know that the struggleshold the struggle.
Speaker 4: But let me let me ask both y'all something, because to both y'all, yeah, what do you say to people that say the hood needs more than at least the kids, the youth needs more than to think they could be basketball players and rappers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, like that needs to be addressed. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I agree with that, But the problem is that's what we're attracted to. But we're attracted to probably might not be basketball or might not even be rappers.
Speaker 1: It's what comes with that.
Speaker 2: I would you know, like like I see doctors like people were attracted live I live, yeah, but I lived by doctors like I lived my whole time living in Miami. I lived by doctors like except fone. When I was in Kindle, I never met my neighbors, but yeah, yeah, yeah, I definitely met my neighbors like I walked through him days like.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But when I lived in a diplomat, my actual the person I shared a floor with was a doctor.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I think that in the hood, we got to start making that more popular. But again, people who are doctors got to come back to gotta.
Speaker 3: I gotta think about that when I go speak sometimes. You know, I got my guy, my business partner JB. You know, real estate buff, business buff.
Speaker 1: You know know his business. I'll take him.
Speaker 3: We gotta take the god like you go you rap, take one of your doctor friends.
Speaker 1: Your lawyer friends, come talk to these kids. This is what he do.
Speaker 3: He takes care of my business contracts like you was coaching at one point, you know what I mean. He was coaching high school, high school down here, Jewish Day School.
Speaker 1: Post.
Speaker 3: I love y'all man, y'all listening man, Jewish day School.
Speaker 1: All my friends is Jewish, you know what I mean. I got a lot of not all, I got a lot of Jewish friends.
Speaker 4: Money or even teaching the youth, everything that goes along with the apparatus of industry.
Speaker 1: What's behind the rapper? You got the lawyers, you got the managers. What's behind the basketball player? Agents? You got coaches.
Speaker 3: You gotta they gotta realize that. They got to understand that. But you gotta, you know, you gotta let them know that. It's if you don't have to be a basketball player, a rapper or baseball player. You could be a lawyer. You can or you can work for the NBA.
Speaker 5: You can work, or you can have or you can have a regular good job. And that's okay too. That's that's sometimes where.
Speaker 1: I think, that's problems being dismissed. Fact that kids. Sometimes I'm gonna go back with it's attractions. See the video, the video the rap going home.
Speaker 3: Back in the days, I used to be like some of them cars wasn't eating them cats calling the facade with some of those kids believe that the same thing.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing with the NBA.
Speaker 2: It's just like at the end of the day, some people think that's easier and they.
Speaker 1: Don't see that the blisters.
Speaker 5: They don't see that when they see the number one record that he just made.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly like people tell me, like, you know, French is my homeboy.
Speaker 6: People like, yo, I want to be an old night.
Speaker 1: Success like French. I said his ships it was a cameraman man take ten years. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But I just again, I want to thank you, and I just want you to know, you know.
Speaker 3: I just want one before I get off. I just want you to hit one of them verses.
Speaker 1: I think that's what he was playing in l A.
Speaker 2: Mad But yeah, I want to super super sincerely, thank you, my brother.
Speaker 4: But we got to make sure that before he leaves that we know about the documentary and.
Speaker 1: Big of me a documentary. How did the documentary come about?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, all these dots was coming out like three years ago in a company Scottscraper Film came at me. They was like, Yo, what do you think of tell your story? You ken't best out of New York?
Speaker 1: Said Yo, let's do it.
Speaker 3: If y'all serious that we met, they flew down here and we had dinner and we started it. We hired Jill Campbell, who the director, uh, and we started filming.
Speaker 1: It took three years.
Speaker 3: We went back, Yeah, we went back to Left Frat, Georgia, Tago. They came and shadowed me here in Florida, you know what I mean. We did a lot of good things, and it's just on my life. And then, you know, my mother's rolling in a grave because you know, she named me Chibs.
Speaker 1: She named me Chips. Five days old, my name was Chibs and.
Speaker 3: I didn't know my name was Kenneth until kindergarten. She registrated when she registered me in kindergarten. And then when I came home, Left Fraight, my sisters, my brothers, my cousin. Left Frat was the first eight. It grew on everybody, so everybody started messing with it. Chip up, you know what I mean, my name is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then and then when when I did something, I always remember Chip.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's wherevery caught me, Chip up. The real people like somebody.
Speaker 3: But then when I did something great, my mother used to call me mister Chips, Like look at mister Chip, I.
Speaker 1: Saw you on TV. You got to you got to dot com. You know I ran out the joint I had. Damn, I'm getting your address.
Speaker 3: I'm sending you'll, no problem, But.
Speaker 1: What's the site? What's your site again? Mister chips dot com, mister chips dot com.
Speaker 3: But no, but it's just all my life. You gotta do your research about me, but you'll find out some stuff that you might not know. But uh, you know, and I'm gonna hit it right here. I'm gonna be like arrogant little ego because I'm selling them promote my I am the best out of New York.
Speaker 1: Yes you are, so you can figure it out. Everybody.
Speaker 3: Go with Kareem, my dude, jaball because he's seven feet He was seven feet tall.
Speaker 1: I'm six one six two playing. It wasn't so much my numbers.
Speaker 3: Me and Kareem is the only four All City players ever All City.
Speaker 1: He was All City for four years.
Speaker 3: Four years, you know what I mean. So, and it wasn't so much my numbers. And I think you said it early. It's like I changed the media, my swag, everything culture.
Speaker 2: The reason why, that's the reason why I'm telling you. AI seen you and he's seen you. He's seen you, and he's seen you going back to the hood. He's you shot left raight and he figured that out and he said I could be me. I'm not saying that, he was saying he could be you. Yeah, but he was saying I can be mean there and then and then he started braiding his head took all that because if you remember when AI had that case or whatever like, after that, he was scared straight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you in the NBA.
Speaker 2: Wild but doing what you do and and when you did your thing, I'm just saying I'm a basketball fan too, besides me just being a fan of you as a person basketball player and as a person from my hood, I'm a basketball fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And in my eyes, I ain't the I ain't the illness, I ain't the best.
Speaker 1: But in my eyes, you did it.
Speaker 2: And then he followed behind, not saying he copied you, but he did take something from you. And that's a fact.
Speaker 1: It ain't no problem. I just got it.
Speaker 3: Before I get out say the real. You know, we're both from left frack Man. Everybody know where my heart at.
Speaker 1: Man. I tell my son, I'm from left frackt City Man London building man for man, baby building, Baby. Let me take all of them raised me out there man.
Speaker 3: You know six brothers man for six brothers fed me was in pizza.
Speaker 1: Knowing that first, you know what I mean, this is real job. It was Deliveratez delivery my man Cozie rap over there too. Couchie Rapp delivered pizza. He came up to.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Yes, I got Cougie wrap on Drunk All Go album as well.
Speaker 2: But that's that was crazy. That was crazy how he just ended that. My dude, I'm sorry, it's from.
Speaker 1: My my Chinese spot. Did you wrapped it in my building?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: He was from Section two US A building. I was in the London section was in London, Section one. Let me just break down the hood before. This is how it's see. It's five sections in our hood. Section one and Section two is like the same section.
Speaker 1: It's everybody that I go to when I went, yeah, I brung on the Section two and he's a shootouts. Yeah shootout yeah bum bey I broke Yes. I went to the spot to get the drink. We went to the wing.
Speaker 2: I brought him to the wing. Yeah, I brought them too the wing. You didn't go to the back, you didn't see that's what. Yeah, to the middle. I went and I think you saw the basketball court and I actually.
Speaker 1: Bring you down, but the wing is way worse. So it was a culture shocked for me from my from Miami.
Speaker 5: It's like twenty dudes. Yeah, they just it was just I was like, where the girls. Some dude told me the girls come out. After I was like, I'm going back to Miami to be like twenty five dudes. Homi Homie was telling crack sidewalk blocks, like literally like this is that's his that's his crack clock.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, but you but that's why. But that's why.
Speaker 2: The crazy thing is responsibility was so much on this man because when he made it, it was like everybody wanted to be him, including me. And then when I made it, I didn't realize my responsibility.
Speaker 1: Like I didn't realize.
Speaker 2: I was still in my mind saying, yo, I'm trying to be like them, and then I realize and then everybody started to try to be like me, and I was like, holy shit, I had to take responsibility.
Speaker 1: And it's crazy that.
Speaker 2: Me and him both, after all we've been through, we both winded up twenty minutes of award each other both in Florida.
Speaker 1: That's why that's a documentary, you know, coming home.
Speaker 3: Coming, coming home, left frack. God damn, come on, let's do it. Well, do that now, we gotta come back. That's a good show. We come back to left Rack, the whole show.
Speaker 1: The whole show that is.
Speaker 2: But yo, once again, Kenny Anderson, motherfucking legend, one of my idols, one of the first prevent And I know you humble because I see it, man, and I respect that.
Speaker 6: But in a lot of ways, if it wasn't you, it wouldn't be me.
Speaker 2: If it wouldn't be you, it wouldn't Benelly. There's so many people that because again, Kenny Smith was a little older than us, and I love Kenny Smith one.
Speaker 1: That's my dude.
Speaker 2: He did my album, did a drop for my album, Student of the Game. But you was the person I've seen. I knew your mom's your mom sent me upstairs. Your mom's told my father, she that that my father should beat my ass one day, a couple of times.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So I just really respect you. I'm really honest that you came in and.
Speaker 2: You sat down with you kept it one hundred percent, and I allow you my mother, my.
Speaker 1: Mother, that's the change. Go go, go to the website dot com. It's check the best out of New York Man Kenny, find you mind you Eddie Giggs and we're thoughts. I got two of my boys. They are racing right now.
Speaker 3: I know they're trying to catch how We're good.
Speaker 1: We're good.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 1: We had coming on a real set. I had to do this because of you. Thank you, Thank you, my brother. This is a blessing that two.
Speaker 3: People from the hood left full circle, full circle, got out of there.
Speaker 1: He went from athletics, basketball, you know what I mean. That's all something. We got to do something to make that happen.
Speaker 2: But once again, thank you for having us, because yeah, we gotta make we gotta make.
Speaker 1: Something like what's what's what's the social media that chach me? I'm only Twitter man. We need to get you on this. I'm addicted to Twitter.
Speaker 2: We've had a conversation on this, addicted to Twitter. Listen, we had a conversation on the side. And then in the future, if anything happens, it's a block button on Instagram. He racist every time next week because you know why, let me just.
Speaker 1: Tell you something. We praised on some of the dopest pictures. You can some of the dope and I'll be still in your picture.
Speaker 3: I still like this.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you someone time. You know average smoker cigars.
Speaker 5: I love.
Speaker 3: Every day is cigar day. We gotta always pick a day. I say every days a guard day. It's every day tomorrow, but tomorrow is cigar Thursday.
Speaker 2: But what we're gonna do. We started a campaign to get chip up. I saw you, Okay, we started a campaign. I'm telling you I didn't. I didn't release my fans supposed to.
Speaker 1: But I have my fans. Check me out.
Speaker 3: They can check me on tell telling my Twitter Twitter using that chips C H I B B S underscore one right, mister Chips.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's important. Check.
Speaker 2: Let me just tell you the reason why you can't only have Twitter. This is where West just fucked up. He asks for the person that owns Facebook for a million dollars on Twitter. It was your problem he owns Facebook, you cocksucker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why wouldn't you hit him on Facebook? I know that was a little light, but Y'll take you up for coming me. Crazy radio radio too. We still leo G. We still like a Noriega at dj E F Champs.
Speaker 2: Let's do this and on my Instagram at mister super Slime, I'm at Who's Crazy and yeah.
Speaker 1: That's crazy and we had the legend of the building. Let's make some fucking our very first guest, by the way, very first guest man. Thank you for coming on, Joe, and we're still drinking.
Speaker 4: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d j E f FN.
Speaker 1: Listen to Drink Champs.
Speaker 4: On Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by Yours truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all plats, at the Real Noriegon, I g at Noriega on Twitter, Mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj E f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com.