Speaker 1: This might be the best line you guys go against, and Sewell is considered the best rest right tackle. What do you think of Decker and Sewol when you watch them?
Speaker 2: They're really good, played good all year. Decker has been doing it since ten years plus now. He used to watch him battle my brother in camp and at Ohio State, and then Sewell has gotten better each year, really good in the run game.
Speaker 3: So it'd be a good challenge.
Speaker 1: You heard just Fred talk about, you know, as soon as last season ended, the goal was to get back to where you are right now. Do those past experiences do they have any impact on what's.
Speaker 4: Going to happen on Saturday Sunday night.
Speaker 2: It's hard to say if it's going to impact what goes down for three hours on Sunday, but definitely is good experience for us. Been here a lot so, but yeah, it's it's really a new year every year, so gotta play good.
Speaker 3: Extremely familiar with Jared Goff.
Speaker 5: Is he the same guy in Detroit that he was in LA and was the keid to defending him?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think he is the same guy.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying he's played great in LA and he's played great with Detroit. Uh, but the key is obviously getting pressure on him. He's got a really good O line, so it makes it tough. But you you cover up his first couple of reads and and you get after him.
Speaker 3: Hit it hit him a few times. It changes things a little bit.
Speaker 1: What was your assessment of you guys in the run game the other night and what kind of challenges Detroit's run game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we definitely got hit on a on a lot of cracked tosses weren't fitting him great. But it's a play that we're gonna see with them for sure with twenty six. So we're gonna emphasize that this week, hopefully put it out early and and but overall, I think we played really physical. I think the the Edge guys are starting to get a really good feel for this team, Chase, Randy and Rob and I was happy to see Eric out there feeling good, feeling healthy. And I think JK had one of his best games. So yeah, we're gonna need another one difference in terms of.
Speaker 1: You know, setting the edge. You mentioned like the guys that are maybe playing more rundown, specifically without Clee out there. Did you feel a difference in terms of the guys having to kind of, you know, get into that mode of setting the edge a.
Speaker 3: Little bit more. Yeah, not so much.
Speaker 2: Obviously, losing Clee is tough, but just overall, I think we've gotten better at edge just getting the scheme down. Having new guys who haven't been here for a camp is takes some time to really just take your seatbelt off and and penetrate like we're coached to do.
Speaker 4: And yeah, it sounds if you as a defensive line didn't affect particularly some key moments like in the game when you look at the end of the game is zero sas do you guys say this is unaccepted?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Not when the scoreboards in our favor. So, uh, we affect the game in different ways. Uh, sacks are good. I feel like I talked about this a lot. I wish I didn't have to, but uh, that's what we're paid to do. So, but affecting the quarterback in different ways could be just as valuable as sacks. They're hard to come by lately, but we're gonna keep working our ass off to get get them as many as we can.
Speaker 1: The key to getting a pressure on Jordan Lovely, He obviously had a lot of really good rows early on, but obviously the interceptions later in the game. What was the key to getting more pressure on him as the game went on.
Speaker 3: I don't think much changed it was.
Speaker 2: It was, uh, definitely a game where they stayed in their offense. They were able to keep running the ball, stayed on the field for really long drives. They kept the chip protections in almost all day. So we didn't really get them where exactly where we wanted them, but just keep on trucking and some some key pressures pressures towards the end, and yeah, dre Drey got under one.
Speaker 1: Chases. Seemed to fit in pretty well since he's been here, but the numbers haven't necessarily, you know, shown up. Do you get the senset that he's ready for that kind of breakout game that with so much attention on you, that that he can kind of have the performance that can make game changing plays in this way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has the ability, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: And you see it in pass rush on certain plays where he's beaten guys quick.
Speaker 3: The other night he had a couple where the ball was out but he was winning.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna need it if they're gonna slide a certain way and ship a certain way, whether it's my.
Speaker 3: Side or.
Speaker 2: Eric or Grave or whoever it is who they're focusing on on a certain play.
Speaker 3: Uh, those one on ones have to come alive.
Speaker 1: You line this year more five minute front of a couple of games. The Giants game comes to line. How does your role in mentality stretch from a four man line to a five min front?
Speaker 2: The bearefront is definitely a change up for our run stuff stop the run if we need it, But uh, it doesn't change my mindset as an edge guy very much.
Speaker 4: On Jones's fifty three yard run, it looked like five six yards bend line that you had a shot at him. I caught in between steps or what.
Speaker 2: Happened on that Yeah, I definitely felt like it was a weird I was running my ass off all game, trying to hit anything that moved, and I think Logan flashed on my inside and I didn't dive for him. And I was definitely not happy about that play. It's hard to say in real time, especially on when a guy's moving that fast, and but yeah, thank god he missed that field.
Speaker 3: All of you know, Closs had that stop on Jones in Green Bay. Did that you know, tackle by Charvari's remind you of all of that. But yeah, similar that you've been through this a few.
Speaker 5: Times, do you talk to some of the younger guys on the team just kind of to try to tell them what you expect in terms of the level of competition in a championship game or is that something that you just expected kind of absorbed throughout the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I definitely talked to some of the guys who haven't been through it. We have a lot of guys that have been through it, so it's kind of like a whole culture that they've been.
Speaker 3: Been around for a while now.
Speaker 2: So but yeah, I think I've I've talked to the new guys chase being a big one, just how you need to step it up a notch. And I think I saw that as a d line, like the physicality and the effort. I think we did take that step last week, and we're gonna have to take another one.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you get I don't know if you get pregame butterflies until that first hit, But are your emotions different this being your NFC championship game in the last five years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely different. In the playoffs, you kind of have that mentality early in the week that that.
Speaker 3: You're just ready to go.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it takes till game day to get going, but in the playoffs, you're ready to play on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: So thanks,