Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club, Morning everybody, it's the e j env just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club just as out today. Lor l Rosa is feeling in and we got a special guest in the building. His album is out this Friday. At the Church Steps. You done did it again, man, cap Old, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Jim Jones, what with you'll welcome? How are you feeling?
Speaker 4: I'm feeling pretty good. I can't complain.
Speaker 1: Man, you make some good ass music.
Speaker 5: I done told you this a million times, but at some point you would think there'd be some type of fall off or something, but it just has not been at all. Like at the Church Steps is a phenomenal, phenomenal body of work.
Speaker 4: Man, God is good.
Speaker 3: So let's let's get into the mind frame.
Speaker 2: Because we were talking behind the scenes and we was like, he knows how to make music.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know what I was comparing it to. I was comparing it to Rick Ross, Like Rick Ross just music.
Speaker 5: We got a great ear and he always got fire and you you the same way.
Speaker 4: Thank you, man. I appreciate that. That's big. That's big. That's big. I was I wash the whole world to see it like.
Speaker 3: That, And why why don't you think they see it like that?
Speaker 4: I don't know, man. You know, I always been an independent artist. I didn't have most of the promo that most of the major artists have and things like that. You're going to go. But it feels good to be where I'm at right now. I think I'm in a unique place for how long I've been in the game and to be able to navigate with the youngsters and still have my core fair base and and some new so it's dope. I mean, I'm engaged. I'm embracing the new wave of marketing through technology and digital stuff like that. So you know, it's giving me a real jump on what I got going on.
Speaker 3: And what keeps you there?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: Is it your son? Is it being outside?
Speaker 2: Because Jim sends Meet Records a lot throughout the year, and like Charlamagne said, it always sounds relevant. It's not like it's not relevant even if it's an older, little classic field, but it also has a classic field. So what keeps you in that zone?
Speaker 4: I'm a classic hustler, I mean, I mean, but if I don't live life, then I wouldn't be able to continue to do my music the way my hustle is set up and things like that. As far as going outside of getting the money feed my family is, it still has me outside, So that's a big reflection on the music. And then you know, I have artists, they all younger than me, so I get to see how they live in and I live vicariously through them. So it's a lot going on. And then you know, I love the younger generation and people that's coming up. I always like to give them a help of hand. So in turn it's a full service. We help each ovel our way. Hand watch the other, both hand watch the face. But the urgency of music for me is like, you know, besides everything else. When you're a person that comes from rap, ain't nothing like having a hit record that helps everything that's out tremendously, And when you got that cool behind you, it's like none you can't do. And the business stuff coming company starts. I mean, so it always starts with the music. And you can ask anybody who does music.
Speaker 5: It's harder to make like the records you got on like the at the Church steps Aultum, like the Joe Mo and the Genesis, just those dope street records. It's harder to make those are a hit single, like a.
Speaker 4: Ball hit single, like a Balling because the records that you hear is a reflection of things that are really going through if you listen to the music and things like that, like you know what I mean. So it's like it's very easy for me to talk about actual, real things that you know, I mean, But you got them records that you need for getting lit in the club and things like that. Sometimes those are the hardest records for me to kind of produce.
Speaker 3: You know, do you chase Balling though?
Speaker 2: Do you chase that record, try to make a bigger record, or do you just make records to say if it connected connected.
Speaker 4: Would after the successive Balling, I used to chase Balling, damn, like I gotta findle I mean. And then slowly but surely I got out of that phase of just trying to chase Balling and make music that I continue to make money. I mean, And I do believe I hit to come, and a few hits came since Balling.
Speaker 5: You had one, But to your point, I guess you didn't have the label behind it, the joint And then and then away, Yes, I should have been out of here and.
Speaker 4: Then so I show you how it goes. So Wayne had put a record out similar to that, like a little bit after that, where he was singing and stuff, and I was like, but it's the support sometimes and you know just how the game go. But yeah, I have some dope records that I'm proud of. Whether they ain't get the platinum success or the success that I wanted, but I'm definitely proud of all my music to still be here coming up to the Breakfast club all these years later from where I started, it's definitely incredible.
Speaker 3: I was talking to Lauren before you got a pair.
Speaker 2: We was talking about an interview you did and you said you spent twenty million dollars the time of ball and you ran through twenty million. Yeah, And I was, and I was counting your pockets. I was like, Jim loves calls, but he ain't love calls like that. Right then, I said, Jim loves houses, but here you love houses like that. Jim has jewelry, but not twenty million dollars worth. Where did you spend the twenty million dollars just.
Speaker 4: Just spending and living? Like my credit cars sometimes like one hundred and twenty thousand dollars a month, you heard. And I ain't got nothing to do with the every day expensive So you know, we deal with a lot of cash and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So I know it was a lot of PJ he was on. He was PJ king at one time.
Speaker 4: This is what I'm trying to say. So if you jumping on the jet all these times, and your jet build some time might be half a million month just because you trying to get place, it's all added up. Is not like I spent it like it was just the accumulation during the ball of the error. Through those few years where I was getting money, I was getting and I was blowing it. And as I looked back thinking about the money that was spending, came on to about twenty years routine the deal money to show money to all money feature money, like I'm burning through that shit, you know what I mean. So I ain't got twenty million dollars to show for it, but I definitely spent it on the land and shit like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I know you said in the same interview you don't regret anything, but there were things that you probably would have done differently, or just just things you would have done at that time that you didn't do. What were some of those things now when you're looking back, like, yo, I could have put I could have.
Speaker 4: Did this, I could have been way more financially responsible than I was. But I got this thing there that you don't know till you grow. I was very young and dumb at that time, and the experience was worth it. But as I'm older than I'm thinking back, like, damn if we did have some people in my corner or grew up a little bit different where we were tall financial literacy as opposed to coming up in the hood, and we were taught to get that money, Go get the car, go get it, you know what I mean. I'm a product of the projects you did. Like so everything I seen is everything I wanted. And I got that money and I emulated what I seen outside. We wasn't taught to, oh, by real estate. We wasn't taught to, oh, get savings. We wasn't taught none of that. We was taught to save what you cared in the shoe boxing style out on everybody else, you know what I mean. And that was the mentality I had and it took me to go through a lot to learn any bit of financial literacy, like to the point where I part of the ways with my account. And ever since I've done that years ago, it was like, was me really gaining control of the moneys that I had because I actually had to see it when I had an account and I never saw the money. I just was spending the money until I was in debt.
Speaker 6: I was talking to somebody about that yesterday actually, and they were seeing that they can't wait to wait to get to the point where they're making enough money where they could just throw people to manage you real quick. And I was like, I don't know, I kind of want to see mine and feel this. I know where it's going.
Speaker 3: I know where I'm messing up.
Speaker 4: Nobody to pay your bills, just me being ended up on a rock bottom, and how didn't make a decision like yo, moving forward? You got to do something different because what you've been doing is not working for you now. Having a business manager and having account in two different things. Sometimes account access a business manager, but a business manager is really supposed to help you make some money with the money that you have, and things like that. You know what I mean and then count. It helps you just pretty much pay your bills and keep your taxes and orders and things like that, you know what I mean. And I didn't know the difference between the two, and I mean, it's just but I learned, you know what I mean, and I'm here. God is good. I was able to bounce back. I was dealing with some scary times, but I always had a hustle and spirit. I know how to make money, what I mean, but I didn't know how to make business. So now I've learned how to make business so that these business can make me money. So I'm in a whole different status feeling life right now, and I feel real good about it.
Speaker 1: But your debut album is all my Way to Church, All my way to church. This album is at the church.
Speaker 4: Twenty years later, I feel I'm that much closer to getting my life totally together, you know what I mean. And we can't do that without having God in my life.
Speaker 1: When you go into church, thought.
Speaker 7: Close to it.
Speaker 4: I'm very close. So I mean I grew up in the church, I mean for all my life when I was younger, Sunday school, all night, pray me and all that type of stuff. So I'm a golfer it, man. I mean, I have very good morals, a very great moral compass, and that's why I believe that I'm still able to be here in good favor and things like that.
Speaker 5: Laurie, tell him what you said. I like the conversations people have about music when you they not in front of you. Tell them what you said. You didn't know about Jim.
Speaker 6: I was about to go there from the order of how you put this project together. I didn't know that you were like emotional as emotional as you said.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think it's like and I don't think that's a bad thing.
Speaker 6: I think it's like when I think about you, I think about like Jim Jones tough you don't play with him, and I think about the big records. I don't think I've ever really sat and digested a full project, and I did that and preparing for this, and I was like, man, you put a lot out there, you talk about how you feel and you take your time with it, where like I really felt it. I'm like, Wow, he was really going through some things. And then by the time we got the church steps, it's like, Okay, now he's coming up out of it and know that you were like that in your music.
Speaker 4: You know anything about cancers?
Speaker 1: What I tell you, what I think.
Speaker 7: I learned today.
Speaker 4: That's that's who I am. All of my music, I pretty much will all my emotions on my sleeve, which I've gotten better at. Like I've my decision making used to be all about an emotional decision, you know. I mean, I make the wrong choices a lot of life. And I've gotten very good with me keeping a level ahead and not letting the little things get to me and things like that, things that I can't do nothing about, you know what I mean. So I'm proud of myself for doing so, because there was a time where I will react to every little thing and put myself in all types of trouble for no reason, and you know I would never benefit from it. I'll be like shooting myself in the foot every time I had something good going on?
Speaker 1: Is it therapeutic for you?
Speaker 4: Didn't?
Speaker 5: Because when you hear the music, you literally hear you expressing your life to music. I feel like if you listen to this album, whatever questions they have, you answer them in some.
Speaker 4: Way, shape or form one hundred percent. That's what this album turned into. Be Remember I was doing this album for eighteen months. So this album changed that actions like three four times. And I mean it was a core body of work that I always loved, like records, but as I was living life and going through certain situations, the music would change and things like that. And as we all seen everything that transpired in the media recently and things like that. So as I get I was able to get a bit of that emotion also and everything is that answered some questions that people. I mean, so it was good. It was good for the music. It was good for my soul, you know. I mean I needed that. I needed that. I needed somebody to poke me. I mean, so I could wake up and get back on my get back in my bag.
Speaker 2: It seemed like the media questioned you at one time about your role in dipsets and diplomatic How did that affect you?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Because I mean everybody who's in New York or around the country seen the war what your role was, or thought what your role was.
Speaker 3: So how did how did you handle let How did that make you feel?
Speaker 4: I mean, it was crazy. When I woke up, so was Chris. She was like, yo, listen, put your phone down, breathe for five minutes, internalize it, think about it, and don't overreact. It's what people want you to do. First off, and overreacted in the house, okay, And then I got over it, you know what I mean. I just thought about the playing feeling, what was really astakeing what we're doing here and things like that, and what people have in their favor and when it comes to the media and how these media games, and plus it's a playbook from our playbook that we created. You're not gonna trick me with a play that I've created. I mean, like, I know this play all right, cool, But as far as what people spewing and things like that, you know, I mean, I got this thing you I mean a lot. I can't tell the truth you heard, and time don't lie, so everything we will reveal itself in time. But I do believe this is a story that everybody's known for so many years. The only people that don't really know the story are the New Millennials and Gen Z generation. But besides that, the hip hop culture know well. My position is in a diplomass. But everything started from pretty much my dynamic. And not to say it started like that, I mean when the success started. Everything came out of my grandmother house age. I mean, I wasn't I was it? You heard like if I was, I was the denominated in between everybody, Like if we didn't have that little stuff that I don't believe that they would have went in the direction they went. Not to say, and they wasn't rapping before I met them, Not to say, none of this type of shit. But all the things that he was saying was pretty much foolish and shit like that. It's all jokes to me. But I do know what I what I've did. I think everybody know what I've did. I mean everybody who hallm knew me. My name is Joan way before my name was Jim Jones. You know what I mean, Like I really have a name of the I mean shouts, the Halem, shouts of my block, shots, the twelfth Street, shouts of the thirteenth Street, Lenox Side, Foster P's t peas, uptown, downtown, east Side, west side. You know how this thing goes.
Speaker 2: And I think another question people always ask, and as many years as I've we interviewed you, I don't think people ever know where was the I guess the breaking diplomats, right, because you guys were tight, Like, this wasn't just me doing this. Y'all were in the group. Y'all were family. This wasn't a rap group. Like there was Cam the rapper, Joel's the rapper and freaking and Jim was kind of, in my opinion, was the you know, the muscleman. They would have the duteman right, they would have wait to make sure things happened. They were gonna make sure the record got spun, they were gonna get the clearances, they were gonna make sure everything was in order.
Speaker 4: That's what that's how, that's what you see. But it started from I, me and Cam being broken my grandmother house with no money, heard having to hustle. You know, I was in the streets. He was. I was figuring out how to get to it. And he had his craft, which was the music, and he ended up striking gold with the craft. But it all started with us having nothing happening to figure it out. Shot, it's the six figured Digger. A lot of people don't mention his name, but I don't think it'd be no diplomats without six figured Digger. He was the uh first person that was like he was the part of the original COOC. When it came to Bloodshed, Cameron and six Figured Digger and then R I P. Blood passed away. Cam had got his first deal and six Figured Digga was his producer naturally, and they got Platinum, Hiss together and things like that. And this separation was there was a separation with Cam and him before there was any other separation between the diplomas, before he got the deal. And that's a whole other side of the story. When we were offered millions of dollars at one label and somebody didn't take it because power struggles, which I knew nothing about. I found this out later on, and shit like that. That we could all had way much more money at signing, But I wasn't signed to the label in the beginning anyway. He just gave me a check who was with signed. So there's a whole lot of shit. But six Figure Digga is a prominent piece to the whole Diplomat success. I don't believe that none of us would be with Hi as a diplomat if six figure wasn't inside of that that that dynamic, and I do believe that people need to sit down and interview him and get his view on how everything goes. And I mean he's pretty successful. He ended up on platinum records fifty all types of people, so he got a great catalog and stuff like that. But yeah, he's a very very prominent piece to this whole story.
Speaker 3: When did the break? When did the er happened?
Speaker 2: Where I started splitting apart because I know everybody started doing their own thing. You started doing music, You all started doing music, and Cam started doing miss witted it break where it seems like they can't come back together.
Speaker 3: M I did it.
Speaker 5: When I listen to the album, I hear you still referencing as your brother, and you explain all of this, you talk about the apartment, and you talk about bloodshed, you talk about all of this on the album, But it still seems like that's your that's your brother.
Speaker 4: I mean, once you got her brother, he's always your brother, no matter what I mean, Like, doesn't mean that you got the same brotherly love that you wasn't mean that you're going to hang out like brothers, Like I mean, I know brothers that trying to kill each other, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: I think it's on make it out.
Speaker 6: You say, if so, if it is, what it is is so be it, and I'm not sound number three and then number four on Make It Out, you say you talk about wanted to put it behind you brothers and two brothers.
Speaker 4: That's lost.
Speaker 1: You didn't just say it is what it is, so be it. It was more to it after that, I know.
Speaker 7: But I just I specifically grab.
Speaker 4: That because to me, to me, put in their pears and that star wars like the soul be it. So don't be rushing for no repercussions. We got drums on these machines like a beat production. It's just raps.
Speaker 7: Sounded like to me, like you guys can make it out of all this stuff. That's why I was bringing.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not concerned about that right now. I'm concerned about this album dropping. I got other things going on. I'm concerned about Jim Jones or what Jim Jones got going on. I've done a lot for Diplomat's sake and for the sake of the people and the fans and all that, but nobody does a lot for me, you know what I mean. And that's part of the problem here. Nobody ever really pulled up for me on Jim Jones need them to pull up, But I pulled up for everybody, so I got to pull up for myself, you know what I mean? All of a rhetoric, I can't I can't even hear no more. And that's why I stick to what I know how to do. I mean like, I'm in the process of changing who of who I've who I've always of people, of what people see me to be in my past. And I'm enjoying this journey that I'm going on. If not, I be out here going crazy, I'll probably be in jail for crashing. All right. Now, last thing I crashed was a boat and Bahamas. To my brother Ellie, you heard well, you.
Speaker 5: Had a good line on the album man that to speak to that you said, I'm paraphrase because I just heard it. But it was like you said something situations you had to mitigate so you don't end up having to litigate. I feel like that's a ball for the young boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah they don't even know what mitigate me. But being gonna get into that. But yeah, I'm having a good time with music. Man. I'm in a point where I lived a lot of life. My vocabulary is very extensive. I mean, I'm not I'm not I mean you did so, and I figured out my groove when it come to doing music, like I got I figured out my craft. I figured out who I am when any beat comes on, like I know what I can do, you know what I mean? And it feels good to be here because it was it was a time when it wasn't that. There was a time where this was just an absolutely great hustle for me and I had to figure out how to make some great music so I could make some incredible money like everybody else was doing. And that was like doing homework. That was the hardest thing for me to do, you know what I mean. And now I encourage you like I can't wait. I mean, every day ain't the best day, but for the most days, I'm smoking issue and not going to booth.
Speaker 3: When you did the interview with with Justin Little Boy, I mean, you know you guys from.
Speaker 4: Charls, the Just Shoulds, the Yeah I just left La We just this is out there.
Speaker 3: Talk about yea in a second?
Speaker 2: Were you more hurt of what came out of that interview than anything else? As far as what I guess you knew what when you said about cam I fifty you knew he was gonna return return fire?
Speaker 3: Were you more upset?
Speaker 4: Do you ask me if that when when I didn't start that? When niggas we talk about me is is it's all funny games. And when I start talking my shit, it get serious like like no, like, I don't care about none of them. Don't play with me. Bro, all y'all do is play on the media. Don't play with me. Bro, you think that's the reason why you did, because y'all can have I don't troll, I don't. I don't know these imaginary people that get on my on my Instagram, and I don't do none of that. Bro. Y'all know what's up. Bro. You can see me face to face. We meet in traffic anywady. You'll want to if that's what you want to do, But I'm not into that. God bless y'all alone. You heard, leave me alone because we all know you're getting nasty, you know, and nobody's got out here, you heard.
Speaker 1: How do you feel when people call you the youngest old nigga?
Speaker 4: I love it. I love it. I'm still in the loop. I'm accepted by the younger generation. That means my music is moving, I mean my music is touching. Them. That means my music resonates with them. You know how dope that is for me to be in this game this long and being able to make music that the youngsters that wasn't around when I really was lit still admire and want to know who this guy is. It's something about that, you know what I mean. I don't see too many people from my day doing anything like what I'm doing right now. If they all count them out, call them out to make it cool, call them out. I want to see how many they.
Speaker 1: Are to chain push your talking about New York.
Speaker 4: You did, I'm from New York. We're talking about.
Speaker 1: Maybe fab active enough. I like hearing them on gymum, but it's not active right now.
Speaker 4: I mean, let's let's chat about it like currently right it was the youngsters they.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm saying, Like when I go out, I'm.
Speaker 4: Anomaly in my position, especially from New York's skype, you know what I mean, And just watching the landscape of the music that's going on right now. For me to be doing what I'm doing right now in these streets, and then I try to state area with the music it hasn't been seen before.
Speaker 1: That's true right now, now that's definitely true.
Speaker 6: And I think during the time where so many people have so much conversation about New York sound and what it should be like the way that you did this even Okay, so you have like classic Jim Jones fill on here, but then you also got like the rail Rays skate Like a lot of people like I understand that you having real ray On here and doing that, but they probably even know what I'm talking about, you know what I mean, stuff like that.
Speaker 4: That's the beauty of like so I love the influences. I have something called IFC, the Influencer Club just for that reason, because I know that these kids no more about their phone, they't no TV. They know these influences on Instagram way more than you no actors on television and things like that. And this is what made like damn people like Ray Ray and so many others that I deal with, you know. I mean Mr Comodo is a bunch of them like that. I put all of them in the movie. So with the album, also have a movie at the church steps that we filmed the movie at Saint Joseph on twenty fifth Street in Harlem. We had Fast Stacey, we had Ray Ray, we had mister Commodore, we had Swaggy, who else we got on everybody in there, right, So it's just like Patos in the movie. It was a beautiful movie. But I know that it's gonna really, it's gonna hit hard because I know everybody loved these these influences and me thinking like when when I saw Friday, we didn't know who none of those comedians was, but it ended up being one of the movies that we all love. So making a movie with that in mind, shouts to everybody that played the part of making this movie. Shouts to will see you, a whole director team, and things like that.
Speaker 3: Also mentioned Kanye flew out to China to see Kanye I was in Japan. That was Japan.
Speaker 4: That was dope. That was dope. That was pre what everybody else saw, but that was dope just to be And.
Speaker 3: He reached out to you said, come on out out of that had I.
Speaker 4: Was justin and I put that together and things like that. He's like, Yo, they said you should pull up man, pull up to Japan. I'm like, huh, pull up to Japan is different, bro, But you're not saying like that's Brooklyn, Like Yo, But it was dope. It was a dope experience to see and work to see the genu c is on getting to understand them more and things like that. You know what I mean. We all have friends that I mean, it is, But he's definitely a dope soul man. I believe that he's misunderstood in a lot of ways, and I believe that he does things for people to misunderstand them and things like that. But I kind of understanding. But he's definitely dope. He's definitely a hood ass nigga underneath all of that, you know what I mean. That's what That's what I said.
Speaker 3: Did you give the diplomat?
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely has that's his shame. Yeah, that's his you know Dipinitely, Yeah, you're heard. That's what that's my dope.
Speaker 3: Did he ask you for what you said?
Speaker 4: Yo? This is well as you see in the footage if you've seen the footage that and I had everything later, Like first of all, he asked me to bring I bring like four or five suitcases of this drip, you know what I mean, Like so even want me to help him with his fashion, with his brand and things like that. So that was what the whole thing for me going to Japan was and things like that. I forgot.
Speaker 3: Somebody the jewelry in the gyp and all that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so he went through the jewelry ticket and he didn't take it off, so naturally I was like, man, you hold on to that. He was like, what you mean? He said, you know, he said that was dope. Man. Shout out to him, incredible dude. Though I was doing some music with him yesterday, he'd let's let him listen to my album. He started breaking records down, like you need to do that, and I'm like, yo, bro, my al won't come out Friday. I won't come out Friday. I chaned up full it there, like I don't have you dig like I. But it's dope, so you can go moving forward. We definitely gonna make some dope best records and things like that.
Speaker 1: Man Jones fashion line is something coming.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, I've been helping them with with with with with the with the Yeezy brand. It's pretty dope. We got a bunch of things going on with that. I'm excited about that. You know, fashionist fashion is one of my things, getting freshest one of my things. So giving me the opportunity to express myself in that field.
Speaker 5: I think it's pretty big, you know, I mean from a business perspective, you know you're putting if you put time into that, you put energy into that, doing some of his antics effective business.
Speaker 1: Won't you tell them I'm a partner with you. You gotta slow down.
Speaker 4: I'm not a partner of his, you know what I mean, Like he owns his brands and things like that. I'm just helping and learning and with the things that he needs help with. But I can't say this, man. We all have friends that do well. I have friends that do things that I don't necessarily agree with that they're doing, but that don't make them not my friend. You heard, These are still my niggas no matter what goes on. And I'm not saying anything about anybody. I'm just saying in life, you know what I mean, period and ship like that. You know what I mean. I don't get in certain people business.
Speaker 3: But if you my dog, you're just not wearing a swastick a T shirt.
Speaker 4: I mean, I ain't getting in none of that. I don't do politics, even vote he and I have nothing against whoever is the president. Whoever the president, I feel should be get that much respect because they are the president. I'm from the Reagan area and he was proud to have whatever president. He's the president. I mean, and nowadays, I say, a big divide with these politics with it's almost crazy how aggressive everything become, like they want you to just be like if the president, like how he's still a president. Where is the respect in this country when it comes to certain things, you know what I mean? So it's just and let me shut up for they start bombing. I know they about to go crazy on me. Got the red hat on this is uh read it? Yeah? You heard. That's all this is about. You heard, is not. I don't got no political endeavors. You heard. You know what I'm about about community. I do all my politicans political things is for my community. I do everything to help hallm whatever I can do in my power, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I don't think you get enough credit for that. I see you out there, you know at the Boy and the Girls Club. I see you out there in Hall and giving our clothes to the kids like you.
Speaker 3: Do that a lot all the time.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, shouts to my people. That's my community. And people always ask why I'm there. I definitely not there to show off or or look down on anybody and things like that. I am there as to be a bit of inspiration for these kids to see somebody that came up out of the same circumstances that they did and they was able to figure out how to get out the matrix. So me being there as like a beam of shining light, you know what I mean. That's how I feel about it, and things like that. And I'm gonna keep shining my light on my people and things like that. I mean, but certain people they have this. I mean for me, it's like I have a mission. I mean, God put us here to do certain things, and I do believe this is one of the things that he put me here to do, is to help people, you know what I mean. And til I figure out how to help more people, I'm gonna help the people I can. And that's my community.
Speaker 2: That was another thing I guess when people would try to say, you're not from Harlem, You're from the Bronx.
Speaker 3: You're from the Bronx. I think you cleared it up in Yoma.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but who cares. I'm from New York City. I really been in the turf been in the field I come from, you know what I mean, Like you know what I escaped to be worried about the rhetoric that and I was caught up in the min like I'm not. I had to think about it, Like bro I didn't live in Harlem, i'd've lived in Queens. I didn't lived in Brooklyn, I'd have lived in Like I don't lived in the whole city. I mean, like I didn't lived in a rub where I lived from a lot of places. You heard it ain't where you're from, is where you're at, And I get to the chicken wherever I'm at.
Speaker 7: You heard what's wrong with Staten Island though, because Very Ray was coming, They're.
Speaker 4: Gonna definitely gonna jump. I said, I ain't gonna lie. We'll take him like jump you like like ghost Face might see you and put them ghost face killers on your talking bad about stant now shotsa state Loune Shostah Liddy. I have an artist out there in Staten Island, man Shosta, my dude, little man or man. Yeah, in the building.
Speaker 1: You've always moved very militant. But you know you you don't. You keep the street life the street life, and you keep the rap life, the rap like.
Speaker 5: But on this album you included some court recordings about the male Matrix situation.
Speaker 1: Why why was that?
Speaker 4: Oh no Shasta Melli free Melly to listen reverse Man, it's my brothers, my heart and my soul. Man. I really love and respect that man. Man. I mean for numerous amounts of reasons, not just the obvious that people knowing things like that, like he's a man, he's the ten toes down along with Shoddy Long Will Halve, along with all the others that got faded to somebody not playing the game right and things like that. You know what I mean? When I see that, I gotta tip my hat to them every time. There's probably so many other things they could have did in the situations, but they decided to stay there like gangsters, do you know what I mean? So I definitely gotta shout that out. You her back to back lotty I lot Yo to death. But those are actually the real recordings from the actual transcript of what Mel Murder was going to call for. And let's keep it clear, Mel murder case has nothing to do with the non trade case that shoting. Everybody got locked up for Mel murders locked up for heroin and fanandel charge because he was getting some money out here and things like that, and he was getting money with a person that wasn't right. And these are actually recordings from the transcript that he was going to call and what they was asking the DA was asking questions to whoever and things like that, and you know, I just wanted to put it out there, and you know, it's my dog and things like that. I just wanted to show people things that as a black man, that we go through to try to make it through society, and you be in this rap game, how sensitive things could be in it's crazy. I give a lot of great advice and sometimes I hardly take my own advice. So when people hear that conversation, it's like yo, I tell people stay up their phones all the time, and look what happened. I mean, the same thing came back to me on the ass and things like that, and that could have caused me a whole lot. But regardless, good I got some good brothers around me. That's their ten toes down. You heard. So long as I'm out there out you heard, and it's freehm to we see him and he'd be home in a little while.
Speaker 1: For real, I guess that's when I'm after you.
Speaker 5: Weren't you not running from the affiliation, even though we're in an error where people getting jammed up.
Speaker 4: For shit like that, jammed up if you're doing crime, Yeah, you're heard. It's not a crown to be a blood. It's not a crime to your bling. It's not a crime. It's not kind to be a fraternity member. It's not a crime to be a celebrity member. It's all the same thing. It's a crime if you do crime while being that, and that turns into other things. And if it's more than one of y'all doing crime while being blood, that turns into rico and things like that. I do business. I'm a businessman. You heard y'all know that. You always music, baby, I always want to.
Speaker 2: Ask, right, you know, in passing interviews, and you talk about it bringing blood to New York.
Speaker 4: You ever regret that I didn't bring the blood to New York? God here you got here, no crime.
Speaker 3: And he said, actually, he said he made he made it properly. That's I was asking. That's a different.
Speaker 4: Commercializing there you go commercializing my gang.
Speaker 7: You're saying a question now because you made it cool, was what he's saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I made it cool, but I also commercialized. I made millions of dollars off the gang culture, you know what I mean. So same thing with Snoopez done and how the West Coast. I mean, so it was, but I know I did not I did. I thought that I was a young kid commercialized coming upbout the ghetto. You mean looking for I mean my place in society and things like that, in the brotherhood or it took care of me and that you did shouts to the brothers man, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But do you regret it because it was you commercialized it, you made it cool in you Do.
Speaker 4: I regret anything? No, I don't, because I've done so many positive things being in this position, as being a man, as being a gang member, as being a father, as being all these things you did. If I didn't have this platform, people would never know how great some of these people can be. Because I've put on a lot of people that people bloods, and I put all types of people in positions to make money and feed their family and things like that, and employ so many people and show so many people how to walk in the right direction, and things like that and understand it's a thin line between crashing out and and you ask anybody, I mean, anyone that's around me, You ask them, what if I ever encouraged them to do anything wrong? You know what I mean? My objective is about getting a dollar each one. Teacher, wie, we stay tight, the walls up, care nobody fads, I stay. Let's protect ourself, you know what I mean. Of course, with somebody across the line of the discretion. As a man, you have to protect yourself. But for the most part, that's not my lesson. It's not violence, you know what I mean at all. But in this rap game, we've used violence to make a lot of money. And that's what these labels egg us on to do. You know what I mean. We see the money, and we think about the money more than anything else. And it's so easy for us to get caught up in that rabbit hole for so many of us, and things like that. Just talk about things that we actually went through, you know what I mean. For some of us, A lot of us are just you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But how man you rap about the labels having I don't say a certain responsibility, but I guess it's certain responsibility when you when you saw Leo's comments that he made up here a long what he said, he basically just was like he got.
Speaker 4: To eat too.
Speaker 5: What he said he said what he says, you got to eat too, you know, in regards to you know, people pushing the drug culture, the gang culture.
Speaker 4: What I mean, bro, nobody's twisting nobody's hand to do anything. You heard, this is this is this is entertainment business. Leo. I've learned a lot of lessons from him. I don't agree with I don't agree with everything that a lot of people doing things like that, but he was one of the first people that gave me a position to be one of the biggest executives in the game at Want, the music group. So I really ain't got too much bad to say about them. I more have something to say about myself by letting people like dam And and Killer tricked me out of them positions when I had them power, by making me feel less than when they would see me inside of them office, like oh you're working for these niggas. Oh you would you do? Boy? Oh you are so you ain't no boss or boss, don't work for nobody, But not understanding my position, how power, how much power I had to I could move, and you know what I mean in this game, you know what I mean. And it was things like that that always kind of you know, I mean, so it was a lot too. It th ship like that, but sholt the leon them, man, you know what I mean, Like I ain't got no but nothing bad but say about you on.
Speaker 7: The label stuff.
Speaker 6: I was watching another interview and you were talking about you're trying to get your master's back right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I'm attempting to get my master's back.
Speaker 7: And so there because you said y'all were independent, but y'all weren't independent.
Speaker 4: You weren't independent. Was an independent label? You want telling them what the independent label means? Or should I tell you it wasn't. There wasn't a major label, two different type of labels. There wasn't a major label, you know what I mean. So we signed to an independent label. We signed to a label. We got a real label deal. But we was making so much money and the war independent was so alarmed and things like that. They made it fit we It felt like we signed, but that's what not really what we signed and things like that. It wasn't the independency of you see slim Thug in uh Houston had when he was out the truck, and it wasn't It wasn't that, you know what I mean, It wasn't that at all. We might have thought it was that because we were getting so much money, but in that in that circle, I ended up signing the deal from our solo album on which I was happy for, but me still running through the street the way I was and entrusting my career business sense with my partner. I just wasn't into reading the contracts or understanding the business of it, because you know how how I felt, we was moving and ship like that and don't own the life. When people start selling their catalogs and doing all this shit getting the bag, I got a real catalog. Let's not get to that too. So when people are buying these masters and things like that, like I was like, oh, I could catch a busy off it. I might make my exit off of this, and then trying to get that together and somebody WHOA, You're like, bro, you don't own your masters? Bro for life life?
Speaker 7: What year was that that you found that out?
Speaker 4: Because four or five years ago, Wow, who owns them?
Speaker 1: My heart just dropped yes cam to just no, just catch.
Speaker 4: I signed my rights to my masters over the cotch for the life term and ship like that.
Speaker 3: Is the president Alison there because you out of this not even called of it right now?
Speaker 4: Who more? But so you don't even got a building to run up and there's a building he I gotta I got a VL deal with a pace up the album comes out next month that we signed up there and things like that. So but then don't got nothing to do with I saw back then, but you know, legally and my lawyers starting to make calls and see what could be.
Speaker 3: You know, I done.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: You didn't mention something I want to talk about because this has been a conversation for ten years, right you just mentioned he said that they tricked you out.
Speaker 3: Of it because they said bosses don't work for people.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's a conversation our community has. But I've been and I think Charloman have been trying to say for a long time you could be a boss and have a job but still do your thing on the side.
Speaker 4: Period is that's the whole permaniship of how they make you feel in certain situations and things like that. You got to know me from Harlem, and everybody got to weigh at certain people. I mean, but I knew better than that. So I pretty much tricked myself out of my own position. By I mean, I stand in ten toes on what I believe because I knew what I was there for. I knew what I could do inside of them buildings. I knew how ill I was and what I've done so far for diplomats by pitying this aesthetic and letting people see us in a way as superheroes. Like what I could do that for so many other artists, which I have. That's why I was able to get that job in there, because they was paying me a consultant fee at death Jam. You know, I was making like two hundred thousand dollars a year at Depth Jam as a consultant. And then when they left Deaf Jam and went to Warner, it was like pull up. I thought they were trying to give me a record deal. They was like, nah, we want you to be executive over here. Matter of fact, you run everything. So like people like uh, Joey II and Tom Mosk was all worked for me. They worked under me, like I was above all of them. The only person that had to talk to was Kevin Leows and Leo Cohen, Like, yeah, and.
Speaker 3: How did that deal matter?
Speaker 1: That makes so much sense for you?
Speaker 5: It's smart as you think about how you did video you used to direct the videos when you do music now like that makes so much.
Speaker 4: And through my loyalty, I was impressionable too, so when I was hearing things like that made me very rebellious aside them off of spaces and other I mean, but I definitely had to know how and the smarts to do the job. That was easy for me, you know what I mean? Or great great great experience though great experience the ASAP M. That's what he started as an intern for me, right loyal Carol Sibyl to I mean Karen, she was also turn for me. I've helped help jump start a lot of Cariz not only wrap Carierz inside of this industry.
Speaker 1: But you don't get no credit for that, they say, they say, all send people to jail.
Speaker 4: I don't want credit no more. I want debbit cash me out. How I send people to jail? That's what I'm saying. Wow, who did you see me sending to jail? Where is he? Nigga smoking they're smoking new drugs out here. You heard from where to how Who?
Speaker 1: That's what can said.
Speaker 4: I don't know it's a bird. He's a bird. Hed he don't want no smoke, telling him set to her boxer right, our boxes head off? Where's the ring at? You're getting money? Right, y'all? Do sports ten million right now today, nigga. I'll catch a flight wherever you at in the morning, I'll catch a flight wherever you at. You would make Wether and them ten million. I meet you in any boxing ring. Yeah, Now go make some jokes about that on your next show. I box your head off. You know that. Don't play with me? Yeah, now go type about that.
Speaker 3: Jim Chrisy would tell you take five second, christ five seconds.
Speaker 1: And not act like.
Speaker 3: Second.
Speaker 7: You've got time to make anything.
Speaker 1: Christy would.
Speaker 4: We're gonna bring it back. You know, all Jesus Disciples was gangsters though, right, Jesus flip table and I am a disciple.
Speaker 1: Remember that you did tell us about some of your new artists.
Speaker 5: Man like you see in song, he's on like he's on a few songs, white lines call on me.
Speaker 4: Been out here doing this thing for a minute though, I've been knowing Pacier for almost ten years now.
Speaker 3: Damn, I just remember pac did the story to cut you off.
Speaker 4: Pace did the last record fat Man School before he passed.
Speaker 3: Yes, damn God arrested.
Speaker 1: He got a little bit of pun in him.
Speaker 4: He got a little bit a lot of talking about he talented me. He got a lot of different ways of doing music, from rapping to having the harmony like I got no harmony in me.
Speaker 6: Before I knew who it was. Like the name, I thought it was kind of like a little a buggy. I didn't know when I first heard it.
Speaker 4: I thought, yeah, it's I mean, it's pay so but yeah, but I'm.
Speaker 7: Saying when I didn't know who you were.
Speaker 3: But nice to meet you.
Speaker 4: But go ahead now, Suster king King streets, hands down, ball for ball. I think that he'll smoke anybody in the in the streets boots period. And I put the money at the house and everything right now, they'll cold meet me tomorrow also at the boxing match, if you'll want to with the bag and we have kan alight, I'm being petty. I got to. I got to man, it's entertaining right when they entertained, It's all it's all funny. Games. I'm entertaining them. My album come out on Friday.
Speaker 1: I'm coming out.
Speaker 4: That is what's up? My album come out on Friday. What's up?
Speaker 3: I just wanted to clear up everything I hurt.
Speaker 1: So look, does that really sell records?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: Because you know they always hit. We always hear the story about Jim wanted to fake a beef.
Speaker 4: They say faking. I will box your head off tomorrow when you wake up. If you want from ten million, you heard and we got it the cover too. Jack, What does freak saying? What is freaky you say? I don't know. Freak freak bugging me out right now? You heard freaking a crazy position right now. But I want him to get his money and do whatever business moves he need to do. You did, That's the way, maryor freak. He always gonna be my brother for life, No freak for a very long.
Speaker 1: Time when you're wearing the hat. And that's what we all wanted to coach you too, like make yeah, make dips that great again, like.
Speaker 4: I'm doing that. I've been doing that. You heard, got some fire records out every time and see me it's dipset. You heard Big Jomo in the building. You heard everybody want to make Dipsa great tell him to make Dipsad great again. I always show up for everything all it shows everything. Whenever it's diplomata, something there, you heard. Whenever you talk about diplomats, something there. For the last ten years, when you say diplomats, who pop out? Who's been there? Who's been keeping a bird in the sky? Anytime you're seeing the diplomat reunion, who's the reason for the diplomat reunion happen? And you better do the research. It's always been me you heard, and a lot of times that has stopped me from the motion that I had instead of me continue I gotta worry about me right now.
Speaker 6: After the last after the verses reunion, I feel like we I thought that everything was like good and then it got like randomly just got like Rocky again, Like where.
Speaker 4: Does that verses? Weak man? Man? Because he got booed and we lost man, Just tell the truth.
Speaker 7: That's what you fell out about again. It's not that it can't be that. No, that was a joke.
Speaker 4: He got booed, he forgot his free Yeah.
Speaker 6: But I'm saying because when we were up here trying to figure out like what reignited all of the whatever this is, we remember that like it was after the verses.
Speaker 7: It can't just be that.
Speaker 4: I don't care about done. You heard. That's the difference between me. I don't take none of the shit personal, bro. I could take loss of walk off and laugh at it. I'm gonna still go home to the house that I live in and love life. You heard. Like people take things too literal, like these people getting this rap game and be mad that they didn't have the number one album them. They want to cut their riskin all. I don't care about none of that. Shout out to Jada and them. They was on top of the game. They knew what they came to do. You know, he was ready, you did us not so much us not so much ready, But you know you want something you lose them. But what's up? Who want to do it versus with me? Right now? Yeah? That'd be a good good Who would you want to do it versus against any one of them? Pull it up New York. I love all my brothers in New York, but you can pull them up no matter who it is. Who would you say? Who you here? I got a real catalog. I just had a gold record last year. I mean, I mean we could go back. I got twenty records for every year. We can start from twenty years ago. I gave him one record for each year all the way up to now.
Speaker 5: Coppo versus Styles p He don't got enough catalog for that. I've got a lot of catalog, not.
Speaker 4: Not a commercial catalog. He's not going, He's not going, He's not gonna last. I mean, I love Styles did set it up.
Speaker 1: If it depends, what if it's just solo records, that'd be a good one for y'all.
Speaker 4: I got more solo records than most of them that really remember that you did, like, I got a lot of gold singles and a lot of I got some action with me. It's gonna be hard for a lot of people from New York who win with Capito and I got freestyles I could, I could I have in New York City. It's gonna be hard. I would say that for anybody you know on the record.
Speaker 3: Sounds like he wanted to do with fifty That's what it sounds.
Speaker 4: That sounds like you don't want to do nothing with that sucker. You're me leave him out of the conversation on purpose. They did.
Speaker 6: New York and that's the only one that has a He was thinking, and I just didn't want to say it because you got catalog. There's no because when I when you said think about it, I'm trying to think who else, even just commercially would have a big enough, big enough songs consistently to even But you know it.
Speaker 3: Has Platinum Records, Gold Records, Number one records. It's not too many in New York.
Speaker 1: Listen after Church Steps Man.
Speaker 3: No, No, that whole a whole got that type of catalog. Now it's got the type of artists like that.
Speaker 7: No, but they I feel like even like you would have to bring it super.
Speaker 3: Great you can't do because you talked about.
Speaker 4: Right there say nope, nope. Anybody else but you gonna hope is you can't. One thing we're not gonna do is front of the hole. He did what he's supposed to out here, Like it's going to be very hard for anybody to beat him in some type of verses.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody can.
Speaker 4: Who who's the lineup? You know, I love Drizzy, you did, but a versus gonna be, it's gonna be. There's a lot of variables to that that's a dog fight, you know what I mean. But as far as I'm concerned you right now, and well, man, I would do I'm saying I want to do it. But that was that was the play that Swiss felt like he had a bag. I need triple what I had last time to where we put that verses on fire too. We had that thing looking like a championship game. Yes, Swiss, holl that man. You backdoored me and gave that man some business that you ain't give all of us. You definitely gotta give me triple Swiss, and you gotta give me some real business this time. See that's the funny thing about this game. You heard, like y'all don't talk about the back door and that's going on for the verses that anybody keep killing. But well, yeah, yeah, I wanted to bag, you heard, But we got the bag. But boy still went back door, like yo, for us for me to do the verses, you got to give me part of this business that had nothing to do with us, you heard. But he say, that's me being a business man now as you being a sucker doing back door shit. You hurt, But nobody won't talk about that. I know, I ain't no back door ass nigga. You heard, I stand on ten do's and I break bread with my niggas period. That's always who I've been. Who are not her? Has never been an artist that took advantage of you heard. I really put money in all of my artists pocket that I deal with, and all my niggas we get money together. Not one of them type of dudes. Bro.
Speaker 7: You heard when you went the camp about that. He said that, like it's just me being a businessman.
Speaker 4: No, Swiss told me how to tell Swiss. I know what was going on. Jack, call Swiss on the line. They tell you I did bad. You know, Swiss, my brother zones zone zone with something I'm not talking about. I'm talking about actual factual.
Speaker 3: How did you find out about it then?
Speaker 4: Because I found out about a lot. Yeah, that didn't don't matter. What the matter is is. I got to the bottom of it to see if it was true. Course Swiss. Yeah, but that's the ship that we deal with, you heard, that's the ship that people don't know about when they be looking at me like I'm bugging out, I'm bugging out. We can go down the list. When I got time for that.
Speaker 3: You talk about that a lot getting back door A lot paused with with who.
Speaker 4: Let's get the back door word out? Said that word? I know, Mann, we take it back, give me racing ship, all right? Come on.
Speaker 2: So the reason I asked that, it's like, if that's happened a couple of times, pause, why not stop it from the door?
Speaker 3: Like I can never do business with them again because they keep doing it.
Speaker 2: It's like first time you got me, second time, third time you say multiple times, it's like, fuck.
Speaker 4: I mean, you did what you deal with. Bro You heard my lord t goes way be yond. That's a lot you did.
Speaker 3: As long as you stopped as an hours, it's still there.
Speaker 4: I'm loyal to the bird. I'm loyal to the bird. Anybody lottal to the bird that we fly high. You heard you ain't loyal to the bird. We gonna clip your ways. You heard You're gonna be there and there like a pigeon. Niggas New York City nigga, what's up? Serious? I'm serious about that bird. I put my life in my heart into it. Broa put my life on the line about that bird. People playing with and things like that. It's never been about money for me been about the unity. You've been about the family, You've been about what we could build together. I'm not perfect at all, but I'm the perfect example of what you could be by staying down. And that's what I did, no matter what we all go through. What we go through, you heard, but above all, I stayed there for that bird, as I'm still doing now. I criticized that on a.
Speaker 3: Call on me.
Speaker 5: You talk about a conversation you had with Puff right before they sent them to get him, Like, what was that last conversation?
Speaker 4: That's the big bro. It was a great time.
Speaker 5: I mean you said you asked him bout his rich friends. Now the acting like he did to him. But when that loyalty get molded, you can see what the bread with the bread wants with the bread ruins with bread ruins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, when that little to get moldy, I mean, I mean, and I don't get into nobody Bennessy, that's the d man. He's did a lot for the game. I don't want to get into all that. But he did come up till the day before they came and got him, and he set uptown with me for five or six hours right on Lennox five said he felt like he was in Caprix on the yacht. Just the freedom of being uptanning and no judgment is on in the middle of a hood where we don't judge because people going through their own shit up here, you know what I mean. So there's some normalcy in there for him and things like that, and he just sat down and enjoyed hisself. He had a good conversation with me. I had a good conversation with him, uplifting conversation and spiritual conversation, you know what I mean. I know Diddy for half half my life and things like that. Always been big brother. And I know he's going through a lot right now, you know what I mean. So I do wish him the best. I don't want nobody come down to me, try to cancel me all this. I mean, I ain't with none of that. Brother, God bless you, bro, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: What was it about that moment that made you want to put it down on paper on the recording?
Speaker 4: Just living life? And the record came on, Pat did the hook, and that's where we was at with it. I just did it the same night, you know what I mean, or the next night, whatever it was. It was still on my mind. It was heavy on my heart. I mean, the best way for me to express I'm going through is usually through the music, and I don't want to touch too much on it.
Speaker 5: But you know, I mean when he got picked up the next day, you remember, do you like, oh ship like just with him yesterday?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, like that shouts today, prob let's get his sons. Yeah to the next man shouts to them. I mean, Christian got a dope record together.
Speaker 3: Too, Man or Christian? What do you want to have the album?
Speaker 4: What I want to hear off the album?
Speaker 3: The label will say the single, but you are the label. But what do you want to hear besides that?
Speaker 4: It's either gonna be make It Out or Genesis.
Speaker 1: You know, it's crazy. I thought that was Tory Lanez gonna make it up.
Speaker 4: That's Ronnie, that's a young Bird's cousin also in his artist.
Speaker 1: Yeah I didn't. I mean, I'm looking at the track, Lis.
Speaker 4: I just heard that Jackson m r K Monarch, Monarch, that's the name of that's the new Cosch probably forgetting your name, but that's the new Cosch. Monarch has brought Cotch out and things like that. But so it's like Genesis is the number two record or bigger play make it Out? So which which one you want to hear?
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm for radio ers? Do make it out?
Speaker 4: For radio?
Speaker 1: I like Genesis, Genesis hard.
Speaker 4: Let's do make it out.
Speaker 3: We do Joe Mo and make it out.
Speaker 4: Joe won't make it I love Joe Moon. That's a great record. Man, got a lot of bop to it. Good music music when you get I mean mirror music when you're getting dressed. You shot the video twice for that. Oh no. I shot the video in La when I was in La, and then I came back and I shot the video here, and then I was just shooting like little clips. So I was shooting all the other videos.
Speaker 3: Because you did.
Speaker 2: You made me upset with that one, right because you put it out. Then I couldn't get it right. Then you put the video out, so I ripped it off the video and then you put the video down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because that was that was so I was making doing these little clips. Now these kids do these little promo clips for ig and somebody actually put it up as a video like nah, bro, take that down. That's not the real video. So we had to put it put video.
Speaker 1: I do want to ask you one that course, and could love trick you off the street?
Speaker 4: Gym?
Speaker 1: And that's what I mean by that.
Speaker 5: I feel like there's nothing any stranger could ever say to you to make you do anything at this point in your life. But the people you've actually loved and rolled for and been loyal to could.
Speaker 4: Trick you off the street. Loyalty could trick you off the street, definitely. And it's almost tricked me off the street a few times in the midst of my journey by being loyal to a floor. Love is crazy thing, and it depends on what type of love you're talking about. Uh, love could fuck up your emotion if you're not disciplined in the household and know that you have a job to do, especially and at a job like we have, it's not easy getting up and leaving the house and not home as much as you need to be, and I mean not spending the time you need to be and things like that. But you know this is something a mission that you have to accomplish else your family can't. I mean, so it gets tricky. At that time, you start to feel bad and you start to feel all type you know what I mean, but you gotta stay in your dean. Man. It's gonna be cold out here, so you gotta get that bag. Man. I mean, the family is gonna be there when you get back, and you gotta figure out how to make time for the ones you love. Also, you know what I mean. So there's a balance.
Speaker 1: You know that Cam calls you to day and can says, look, man, we're better than this. Let's let's let's let'st.
Speaker 7: Breath.
Speaker 1: This is you and you and Cam. He called you and said, yoh, we better than this.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm pettied in this. Hey, I'm taking a petty right now. I just don't have no conversation with nobody. Worry about Dromo. Bro, It's nothing to worry about the moment to talk about, bro, unless you want to box for that ten million, because I could use ten million. None to talk about, Bro, I don't want to talk about nothing. Bro. It's none to talk about, not right now. I just say, for life is right now. I don't have nothing to talk about. I got other things that I'm doing. I got businesses that I'm attended to. They getting their money. I'm getting my money too. Heard I'm doing I'm doing pretty good out here with man Slow were doing okay, baby. I'm not to say it like that, but you know, just but I got a lot of things that I'm doing, and I got no time to be interrupted my time or my or my mental space to deal with anything but what I got going on, because that might take away and that might start making me crashing for doing things that I'm not supposed to be doing.
Speaker 7: I mean, people have people tried to put y'all on the phone since all of it? Nah, nobody Nah.
Speaker 5: The only reason I say that because life is short, and you know, you see people at funerals now and you're like, damn, what they cool is just the first time that they've seen each other since he passed, Like, I pop.
Speaker 4: Out to his FUNERALO God.
Speaker 3: Damn, you set yourself up to that. You said right now, Maybe next year he feel differently saying, God.
Speaker 4: Forbid, I'm gonna pop out to the funeral if that's the case. You did so. I got love for him. I ain't gonna miss that, heard, but right now, I ain't gonna miss my opportunity to get into this motion that I got going on. Album. On Friday, we got a movie coming out next month at the church steps. So I said, all the people that's in the movie had a good time with that one. You did, like, I'm just trying to stay down this line tunnel vision you heard, like we all seen a different aside of me where you know what I mean, Like, let me stay here, you heard, Let me stay out of these people way you heard. Let me keep doing my music. Let me just keep doing the things that got me feeling good, looking good, and things that people respected me for, not entertaining any bullshit. Let me stay here.
Speaker 6: You're still doing the sobriety thing. What you mean, just because you had to yea happy in those videos too?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, So I would say this, I mean, of course you can. You can find smoke anywhere, but the consequences for smoking in Japan are very dear not to saying I wouldn't saying. So I think about this now, I get some garbage smoke out there, and smoking in Japan end up getting in trouble for smoking some garbage. I'm double mad smoked some weak ass Japan with but I had a great time. But it was funny. So I smoked. So much of my life me is being sober turned into a high like I was now like this. After the second day, I was chasing that that feeling like I was like, yo, it just felt I was like dancing. I'm like, you know, it was just a whole different energy. I was like, Yo, this is way crazy. So I respected the being sober for a week and for a week so he's no. But since I've came back, I've smokeing tremendously less. Since I came back, Like I smoked, I've smoked out of my time. But I find myself smoking two to three blunts a day, and anybody that knows me, you know, that's like, damn it, not even smoking, you know what I mean? And hopefully I phase out of that too. That the back was not good for me. I'm getting a little bit older, things changing for me. I mean, I like to stay healthy. Being in shape is like a form of the fountain of youth for me, you know. I mean, I'm trying. I'm trying to live forever, be the first one.
Speaker 6: Too and my last one before you get out of here. Why does it Internet always trying to break you in? Christy up, like the way.
Speaker 4: You're talking about her baby right now? According to that, I got married. I got married the other month to somebody else, which was crazy straight out the blue, like then now we got a baby. I don't know. You know, we all the media don't get to us, man, Like you tell yourself. It's a shock value. I mean when sometimes you hear something out of the blue, you're like, no, they tripping.
Speaker 6: But most part, are you ever be having to tell her put your phone down breed where you pick your phone back up like she did for you or does for you?
Speaker 4: I have to tell her that in a lot of other situations she don't really engage on ILG like that. I mean more or less. I'm more the one that they're talking about on ILG or whatever. But other situations she could be hot as people seeing her to be. But she's definitely a dope.
Speaker 5: Wa this generation, No Christy can fight. This generation don't really know Gym can fight. They've seen Christy in action.
Speaker 3: On TV.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's try that one. Please. I ain't got no fight of me, so please, it's gonna get scary. Let's let's let's just I mean, let's let's keep me, keep me wear man. I don't I don't want to do nothing aggressive, man, I want to just get this money. I want to stay down the line. This is entertainment. Anything you heard today it was all alleged nothing, you know. I mean, it's just me goofing off having fun. But if you do have ten million for the boxing match, you can set that up in the meantime. The album comes out at the Church Steps on this Friday, Friday, February twenty. I will be at South of con Fuego on Sunday. Listen to me. I don't know if you've ever been, there's feel like Jimmy's cafe. So for you young ones that never been there with Jimmy cafes around, get there early real form. We come in to crunch the building. I mean crunch me and French shouts to self, self and DJ and all my life. I don't know if I should I don't know if I'm allowed to call him my DJ. How should I approach it? Be like, yo, you know self, my DJ? I can say so many times has he called you to come and pull up y selves my DJ? We did about ten shows in this past month together. About that, you know what I mean. So we're getting our show together and we're coming to crunch the building. On Sunday, so please show up early. I appreciate all the love for and support from New York that we've been getting. Hey, like I said, I ain't perfect, but I'm out here. Shouts to hallom. You know, I love your to death. Shouts to all my family, Shouts to pay so the artists, hold me up, man, you did hold us damn No more, hold us up.
Speaker 7: Now they just start hitting the dance and the wave.
Speaker 4: That's another record. I want to say this, shouts to the young girl Lailor, because I believe there was a big problem mix up with that record. I did not know it was this girl's record. I thought it was cash co Page and I told nephew, y'a, I'm gonna do my own version of the record. I'm a remix and I wanted you to do it. He's like, I just do all right. So I wanted the whole thing over and things like that. I mean, I didn't know. So I just wanted to apologize for her for thinking thinking of anything like I stole your record. But in New York we do our own versions of records all the time and things like that, and sometimes they catch life. But I didn't know she was most step daughter shots the most steph No, that lawyer called me. I respect the business sense and things like that, and hopefully we can figure the whole situation out. Hopefully this room for me to do something for her that I could make it right. I can't tell you this, baby girl. I wouldn't lose a bag over somebody telling you what's not right, you know, I mean, like, it's the opportunity if you do good business here, you better get this money from the record, because as you say, it's the interpolation is this, So get the bag. You're like, I'm not mad at you. Call my phone. I give you to check that record, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: But I told you that Cash would have been like yo, you know ye the record.
Speaker 4: You know you know Cash young out here busting. You heard tell him something like yeah, yeah, uncles do unkle whatever you know, I mean, like listening tonk like that to start busting. And now here we go. But shouts the cash shots the Bay Swags, Shot shouts the Bay swag, big big queens in the building, shouts the slow Bucks house to slow m Bucks, shouts to all my family members. Man, we got a extensive network out here in the city. Shouts to the lobby boys. Hey man, it's been fun man, shouts everybody here. You know, I appreciate you for having me. It's not easy getting up on the breakfast club, so anytime I'm up here is definitely feel like I'm a star, you know.
Speaker 1: And congrats on another great body of work.
Speaker 4: That's the absolutely than I appreciate you for always holding me up to when it comes to the music, my business sense, my musical like you are one of the few people that have advocating for me on this type a platform and letting people know how l I am of a person. I mean, so I definitely appreciate anything else I'm missing.
Speaker 7: I feel you got everything.
Speaker 4: Oh who, what's what's your favorite song? That was a good question because they might be they might just.
Speaker 7: Be reading I listened to all the time all the time. I actually put that on one of my church seven church steps take it out.
Speaker 1: Like Genesis, Uh, what's going on with Davies?
Speaker 5: I like, you know, you know they listen, but I like when you're on them type of records, it's like the samples you be using, like Status selected, did he did?
Speaker 4: Joe? The funny thing about that that record is seven years old. So what the day that boy did all of that on the internet, it said, And I'm on my phone looking for something else on the notes. I'm just going through the notes, end up going to the bottom, and I end up pressing. I just pressed it and it came on Jimmy Joel. I was like m and it start going off. I'm like, to god, I paid it for my a andr like my bucket, like nah, load this up.
Speaker 6: It was no even when you did it was like the I don't know if it was Blacker or it was one of them platforms. When you did that on one of those platforms and I was just watching perform it, I was like, oh, yeah, this is this is the one. Yeah, you could tell if you're you're in a good space right now.
Speaker 4: It feels like, yeah, it feels good. It feels good. I mean, it feels good to be able to do music this far and in my in my career and still getting respected as a dope MC, still respected for my fashion sense still. I mean like I got my own little wave out here. So I appreciate that, man, man, I appreciate that very much. I appreciate New York City really, Like if you know me. You know I'm a New York period. You did so Ivy. All my music it's New York music, no matter how far it reaches. First it starts with me. I don't put no music out that I don't like myself if it don't hits me the way I needed to hit the nine. And then after that, I'm in New York. All my records, all my albums about my experiences that started from New York and New York. Body you're working, I mean, matter how far reach so. I really love my town. You know what I mean. You're gonna keep putting on as long as I can. You heard Dip said VL that thing don't change man, February twenty. If y'all go, get the album at the church steps. Appreciate everybody that participated in the hour.
Speaker 2: There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. Jones take off my guy absolutely, Jim Jones.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Boom, Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Club