Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is mick Shots streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoler, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: Well not so much with that intro. Here at high noon at the Star in Frisco, Texas, it is mixed shots. That's what an x M I X ed. We are mixed today on mix shots here in the SWBC podcast studio. I'm Mickey Spagnola, Nate Newton is in Bill Jones's chair, Mickey and Christy Scales is it ever since chair? So the plan was to have mixed shows here on Monday after the bye. It was supposed to be myself, Bill Jones and Christy Scales. But Bill got so os to Houston for Game seven of the American League Championship Series. So you won't be here today or tomorrow. He's got baseball.
Speaker 3: Duty and we're grateful that it's a Game seven tonight, So that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 3: We did not want Bill back here today. No offense to Bill, but it means they keep playing and deciding game tonight. So it's super exciting.
Speaker 2: And Christy's talking about the Texas Rangers with a nine to two win on Sunday over the Astros and Game seven is tonight. You pay attention to baseball?
Speaker 4: No, I don't, but don't have it. For the Ranger fans, I'm really happy excited for him. They're well, that.
Speaker 2: Was pretty good drama last night with the Rangers going into the ninth inning with a four to two lead. They made it five to two and odoles Chisia comes up with the bases loaded after he struck out four times with mighty swings. By the way, on every one of those strikeouts, he didn't get cheated, he didn't hit the ball, he didn't get cheated. And as he came up with the bases loaded in the ninth in a five to two game, I was sitting there watching it and he's getting booed and booed and booed for the little dust up they had two days ago. And I said to myself, you know what, buddy just knocked the s out of this ball and he did grand slam home run. How about that?
Speaker 3: And shut that crowd up quickly in fact, someone set them home. They literally were turning walking up the aisles before the ball landed in the stands.
Speaker 2: I'm on their way home for a nine to two Rangers win.
Speaker 4: That's great. I'm happy for you fans, I really am. I've seen your pain over the years, and there was pain on Friday Friday.
Speaker 3: It's terrible.
Speaker 4: I had to call certain people four and five times like hey, man, I understand you.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're good. Yeah, anyway, Uh, that's our baseball talk. And were getting back to business after the Cowboys buy over the weekend. They haven't done anything since the game Monday night, right in practice Tuesday or Wednesday. They had to be off Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I didn't see a lot of activity out here today.
Speaker 3: Now they're here for there across the hall meetings, right, and then what they did pr instead of having the in person press conferences changed with coach McCarthy and then having players available, they changed it to conference calls. So not a lot of media out here either. But Nate, with these across the hall meetings, did you used to have those back in your day where the offensive players would meet with defensive players on the Cowboys staff and get some self scouting and some pointers from people to.
Speaker 2: The other side of the hall.
Speaker 3: So, for example, as an offensive lineman today, you would be going in front of Adam Dirty, who is the defensive line coach for the Cowboys, who's done some scouting work on you, to give you some pointers or if you're giving off, you know, tipping off anything like that. Did you guys have any kind of across the ball meetings.
Speaker 4: No, no, No, that's great though. I as really innovative. I mean, you know, who better to know you than your own coaches who've seen you all the sense to OTAs you know, and seeing what you need to work on and what you need to improve. You just got to take it to heart, you know, and make sure you take out the final points of what they've given you and go to work on it. You know.
Speaker 2: We always talked about one of the Jimmy's best quality was self scouting. Yes, not so much the other team, but scouting his old team and being real about it too, not sitting there going well, these are my guys, these are They're all good right.
Speaker 4: Right, Jimmy. Jimmy was good at that, and you know that usually happen but halfway through he'll do a big self scouting, not a first buy, he would do a big self scouting and uh, you know he'll tell us, but it would be not so much individually, even though he did that all during the year, but you know, as a whole what we needed to do offensively, a defensively, a special team wise, but we needed to add on the takeaway.
Speaker 2: And be a realistic of what you could do against the next opponent.
Speaker 4: Right, Yes, that that that's that's the key to it. To look at yourself and say, Okay, we're not this, but we are this and we can do this and we can't do that. And that's in with him and Norv and coach Wance that they were created, that them the majest missed them little tweaks, you know, to help you be a better player.
Speaker 2: So other than that, not a lot of football going on. Oh and after all this time off, they have a day off tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now we're back on the regular schedule so to speak. In terms of Monday is basically kind of like a two thirds or a half day normally used to review what happened the day before. Then players have Tuesday off. Coaches are finalizing the game plan through Tuesday night, and then Wednesday starts game day one of game plan installations, so it'll be back to that normal routine this week, although the at least the coaches did get a head start on the Rams. The Rams dropped a game at home to the Steelers yesterday, so coming off a loss and getting a couple of key players back from injury, but still missing some key players on offense, they have Cooper Cup back, but a lot of injuries there at running back. But at least now it's the Cowboys coaches who have the advantage in terms of extra time to prepare because before going into a buy there were some times where they were going on a short week or things like that. So so we'll see what kind of plan they can put together for the Rams who come to town on Sunday at at and T Stadium and it's a noon kickoff. We don't get too many of those son.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so this notion about oh how much can you improve over the bye, well, there's no practicing over the bye, so uh, you know, they get back to practice, as Christy said on Wednesday Thursday, for basically the same schedule. They just don't have to travel, and you know that first part of the season, five of the or four of the six games were on the road. Now five of the next seven are at home, so you know, no coast to coast traveling, getting in at you know, four o'clock in the morning the next morning after a game. So if they were smart, they should be well rested and ready to go. Christy mentioned the Rams got beat by Pittsburgh twenty four seventeen. They dropped to three and four, and they've lost two of their last three games to the Eagles and to the Steelers. So it's not quite the Rams team we remember, they got wiped out at running back with injuries and they ended up resigning. Is it Darryl Darryl Henderson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Darryl Henderson, who actually had a good game eighteen for sixty one. Yeah, he played, he played well, he played well. They had to sign him last week because they've been without Kyen Williams and Ronnie Rivers and so and then another one of their players.
Speaker 2: Which say they're running backs that they're without, Yeah, it's like who are those guys?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but basically had to Henderson. If that name is familiar to you, it's because He had played with the Rams before, but he was a free agent and they ended up having to bring him back.
Speaker 2: But wait, he wasn't the guy that came off the couch in the playoff game?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 3: I think so the.
Speaker 2: Other guy that ran over the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: That was one of the games out there where Yeah the Cowboys could Cowboys couldn't stop him on the ground. But they haven't had as many injuries as they had along the offensive line last year. That's what really killed him last season. But this new young wide receiver who has really stepped up before they got Cooper cut back from his injury. This Puka Nakua. Oh my gosh. If I were a Rams fan, I'd be ordering his jersey right now. I mean, he's fifty eight catches so far, just two scores, but four games of at least one hundred yards and men, is he fun to watch? Pretty good size, and just you know, fearless over the middle there He made this toe tap being catch along the sideline yesterday and it's like, how in the world did he come down with that football? And there's no they're going to review it and it's going to be incomplete. And then you watch the Super slow mo when you see him get his toe down. I think it's going to be a really interesting matchup with the Cowboys secondary this week because now Cooper Cup is back and held relatively healthy. But this Puka Nakua, he has really really shown up. So it's going to be tough with Matthew Stafford having all of those weapons.
Speaker 2: You know, one thing I did notice. I didn't realize it until I saw the stats on the game. Uh, Brett Maher is their kicker.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, he had a tough day yesterday.
Speaker 2: He missed her mystery two field goals I believe he did, and then he missed an extra point too. Yeah I've been taking right see if he's still there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he missed her fifty three yarder, fifty one yarder, as Nick said, one of the extra points, and it was tough, you know, and it's not one where you can say, oh, the snap was off. I mean it looked, it looked like the operation was good. But you know, felt bad for him because he's, you know, one of my favorite guys among the recent Cowboys that have been here. But when he missed the extra point, it's like, oh man, now everybody's going to start talking about the playoff game last year, and of course they did so, and it came back to bite him those points because that was seven points off the board, right with the two missed field goals and the extra point.
Speaker 2: Ultimately, at least one of the field goals I saw hit the upright.
Speaker 3: It did it joint off the left up right. That was the first one, the fifty three yarder. So very tough day for our buddy Brent.
Speaker 2: So looking at the NFC East, obviously the Eagles won, so they moved to six and one thirty one seventeen over Miami. That's kind of an impressive win. It was very impressive the way the Dolphins have been playing.
Speaker 3: Did you watch any of it or were you.
Speaker 4: All watching the watch?
Speaker 2: And actually I was doing both at the same time.
Speaker 4: Jordan Davis, Fletcher Cox, Carter Kid they did.
Speaker 2: Does that bring back memories?
Speaker 4: You know people when you can line up and just tell a team you're not running you gonna have you got two elite wire receivers and a nice tight end try them because nothing that boyd they that first quarter and a half they said, no, number ninety is that Jordan Davis? WHOA? That is real? That is that is a man full of grown and uh and they was going against backups and that, and that just made it even worse because I think Miami is missing three starters and they're like, not this. They just told them not. Maybe with your starters you can have a little bit more success. But that's what they in the game in the first quarter and a half, you know when, and I think Miami lost the receiver for a little bit and it was all about Serik healing and they're running back. I can't think it. Nay got him from the forty nine ers. He still had a nice day, catching the most yes, most Yes. How does that kid jump around the way he does? He is an elite athlete.
Speaker 2: Well the show how that defense performance was even better. They really only gave up ten points because seven of them were in interceptions. Yeah, turned for a touchdown. Yes, Otherwise it's thirty one to ten.
Speaker 4: You know. So for everybody that and I just and I can tell people, I mean, you know, people, my wife, you must love the Eagles. No, no, no, no, I love when you know who you are and you can demand certain things and that that's that's what I'm just praying that the Cowboys can do But now I wonder with the with the loss of Digs, because now I'm looking at more and more how the loss of Digs have really really affected our team. Uh, you are asking more of our safeties and then we lose Laighton. Uh, it just stretches our safeties thinner and thinner and thinner to now we don't look like that fundamental big three safeties that we normally normally have. So that that Digs thing, that that is that that knocked the sales out of these guys because we were already a team built. We were built to have leads, and if we had leads, then we could just unleash that fury of our defense. But now when everything is ticking tacks, as a defensive coordinator, you just can't be flashing all around and have everybody you're shooting from every angle. You got to take care of your runs, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, that Digs thing was a big loss in.
Speaker 3: The Eagles run game two when which Aalen Hurts. I know he finished with eleven rushes. Now three of them were kneel down to at the end, but he just came five of them had the push toush let me tell toush push. But but but it's unstoppable. And you know they talk about leverage and whoever has the lower pad level. I'm sorry some of those they were low and they still couldn't stop them.
Speaker 4: The thing they got, they got it. You know, in another year they may not have it. I mean, either the league or take it away or whatever. But they just got it right now. It's that thing they got. You know, we ain't never seen it before in this league where one team got this certain thing that no one else can do. It starts with the center, that little dude that you laugh at him. He's six foot three four, two hundred and ninety pounds at the most. That's probably, you know, on a heavy day, but he moves the biggest of guys. It don't matter. And so they just got something special there.
Speaker 2: But that thing is an injury waiting. Happened, Yeah, because you know what's happening. Yeah, because you know what's happening. If you notice everybody's starting to dive over the top and try to grab him before he can get down and hide.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing about Jalen Hurts is the reports came out after the game that he played that second half with the brace on his knee, on his leg, and so of course he's downplaying it when asked about it in the locker room afterwards. But yeah, you've got your franchise quarterback and that's arguably your most reliable play. But how many more times can you have him out there and ask him to do that? But they relied on it last night. It was three or four of those that they had. They converted three of them, I think, on the same series.
Speaker 2: All the time out in their own territory. But had to do it twice because there's penalties on both.
Speaker 3: Players offsetting, penalties offsetting a second time.
Speaker 4: But see swift is the difference makeup? Yeah, did he make it out of that game?
Speaker 3: I think he finished the game getting him from the Lions?
Speaker 4: Did you not? I did not know how tough he was and how elusive. Well, I did not know that. I did not see that in Detroit. And uh, when you I tell people, when you have offensive line and that is that is why the Eagles in Philadelphia has to jump on us right now. I just hope that our offensive line took very good care of themselves. They didn't need to practice. That's one time I'm gonna say fellas crowd, chamber, ice tub whatever. Just just get healthy. Offensive line need to get healthy, you know, because I right tackle. You know, I'm telling people you can't can't judge him. He just come off a major injury. So I'm not gonna judge him like last year. I want to judge him. I'm not gonna judge Michael Gallup not coming off a major knee injury. I don't care what today's technology is, you know. And the gentleman at the right guard, he's beat up, and our center has to Our center is just a littit above average, and when you're dealing with a player of that nature, injury crushes that edge that they have. So, you know, the normal edge that Beyonddish has, he's kind of lost it. Our left guard is our left guard. He's physical, he's tough, and our left tackle is just getting older. I mean, you can't. You ain't gonna beat father time. So they needed this rest. They needed to look at film and to kind of call coach s Laurier if they can, and say, hey, what do I need to work on or what do I need to be looking at because we ain't going no further than this offensive line, y'all. I mean you can put everywhere. It's two things. That kid digs in our offensive line. That is. That's what I gathered just by thinking about this this bye week. This thing really they wrecked us when Diggs went down in our office. Runn not playing as good as we think it should be.
Speaker 2: Plet's pick up with that offensive line. Talk here on mixed shots when we return in a moment.
Speaker 5: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 6: They snapped the press down. Who looks white, it's not there. He escaped, flapped, He'll look full punch down.
Speaker 4: Just like football.
Speaker 5: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 6: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 5: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 7: You know that sound anywhere? It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school Pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi. That's what I like.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite would a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning swag Brisky in the Smoker, Miller Light and the Tree, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Life, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Miler Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 4: The Shots.
Speaker 3: Mix Shots is also prevented, presented by k Post Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys. I'm Christie Scales along with Nate Newton, and we are filling in for Bill and Savan. Why are you laughing, Nate, because the one radio persons.
Speaker 4: We will prevent leaks and all of that, but they make from invading your ears at this time.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: But see it's a proudly present Mixed Shots.
Speaker 2: So we got a Monday night game tonight, is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Got San Francisco Minnesota, and they say McCaffrey's going to play in spite of the oblique injury, so see how effective he can be if he If in fact he does.
Speaker 2: Start going into that game, then there's only three teams in the league with one loss. Kansas City six and one. The Eagles are six and one in San Francisco is five in one, so with the Cowboys at four and two in the standings. Right, Uh, there are one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight teams with just two losses. Christy, how about that?
Speaker 4: Christy? Tell me to let it go. This dude got a newspaper, y'all. He got all this tech.
Speaker 5: The high tech.
Speaker 3: But Nick, look, look, Lenovo has provided us our buddy, Gerald youngblood at Lenovo, we.
Speaker 2: Have our brands. I don't have to call it up find a website. I got it all right here.
Speaker 4: But you can go to your phone in the next series.
Speaker 2: But that I got to make sure I've got a connection.
Speaker 4: You connection because you got your phone on.
Speaker 3: Mix shots brought to you by old school broadcast.
Speaker 2: That's right. Newspaper business, buddy.
Speaker 4: Chris, see you a little bit more up to date, not much more, but there we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I I also am one of the few people that still takes the delivery the newspaper where they throw it in your in your yard yeah, and your driv Yeah.
Speaker 2: When they decide to bring it.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, hey, hey.
Speaker 4: He got the news favorite steel criticized.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: Well, sometimes the delivery is not real reliable, Okay, your your computers more reliable.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you Gerald, thank you Lenovo.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely right. Amazon shouldn't deliver your paper because they're pretty reliable. Oh they probably should, you know, yeah, next day delivery like prescriptions or things like that. All right, we are in the SWBC podcast studio here on this Monday, and if anybody would like to give us a call eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. We were talking about the NFC East. We talked about the Eagles winning and in the other game. Anybody watched that, No, New York Giants Washington is it? I did? Unfortunately that was the noon game, right, it was check your cough button, Christy. Yeah, uh, fourteen to seven. The Giants finally won another game, fourteen to seven.
Speaker 4: But it hasn't The Giant had success against the Redskins recently. Just me guessing it.
Speaker 3: No, they actually that's one of the few teams that they have have had success. They actually got their offense going in the second half. Tyrod Taylor actually looked pretty good. They took some shots down the field and so to the rookie wide receiver and so they were able to get some chunk yardage game. But that was some ugly, ugly football, but made it tight at the end. But I have to admit I was rooting for the Giants because you know, the of which is one win going into that game, and the Washington with three. It was in the Cowboys' best interest to have the have the Washington team lose one of the games in the standing. So that's what happened. But yeah, nice went at home for the Giants.
Speaker 2: Two and five, Giants three and four Washington.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, you know, like I said, you know, I'm still old school and I just believe that you just do you do what you have to do, as you know in this house, you know. So you know, like my wife, and she was going for the stealers, Oh come on, stealers, come on. I'm like, you like the stealers. Oh no, no, they're going to get the Rams because they that's who playing the Cowboys next. I'm like, they beat over the Rams and wins, so they'll be a big headed if we could get them in. I don't know, I just cowboys do what they have to do. They are the better team.
Speaker 3: Well, it was interesting watching the Rams yesterday because we were talking about last week when the Cowboys were at the Chargers there at Sofi Stadium, and there were so many Cowboys fans that the Chargers offense that they were having to use the silent count. And that's the same thing that there were even more Steelers fans there at Sofi yesterday than the week before Cowboys fans going against the Chargers. So first play, every time Stafford was in the shotgun, they had to do a silent count because the Steelers fans just totally took over Sofi Stadium.
Speaker 2: So that's two in a row. It's so Fi that the visiting team took over the stadium, because the Cowboys did take over that stadium.
Speaker 4: California was a little bit different, right, you know that's a melting pot. It just prove it is a melting pot.
Speaker 2: Well, you got that right, So let's go back. We'll do that next because we only got two minutes left in this.
Speaker 4: So you senior guy, be able to do a show as long as you wont just keep going.
Speaker 3: Can I ask one thing since we've got just a couple of minutes before the break, what did you guys think of the Eagles throwback jerseys last night? Wearing the Kelly green and didn't make you think of Jawarski and Harold Carmichael and Bill Bergie.
Speaker 2: You know, I thought there was something wrong with the color on my TV.
Speaker 4: Really it was okay with me. I mean, you know, it was okay. My wife was talking about it. You know, hey, look at the agree and I'm like, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: I kind of liked it. Although I have heard he.
Speaker 4: Made him stand out. Yeah, it made him stand out.
Speaker 3: It look good, It looked good, and it reminded me. I remember Danny White telling his story one time where he drops back and he's going through his progression and just needs to dump the ball off and Bill Bergie, the linebacker for the Eagles interception, you know, he never saw him, you know, losing his peripheral vision and he's just gonna get rid of the ball real quickly, and never saw Bergie. And it's because those Eagles jerseys back in the day seventies early, He's all that it was the same color as the artificial surface that kind of kelly green, literally the same color as the astro turf there at Veteran Stadium, and so literally blended in. And so when Danny's you know, looking away and then just dumps it off over here and doesn't fully look just in the peripheral vision. Never saw a burgie. He's like, how'd you throw it to him? He's like, well, I never saw him because he blended in with the turf.
Speaker 4: M hmm. That's one thing about old Danny. He can make it right, can't he.
Speaker 2: It wasn't worried about the helmet.
Speaker 4: I love you, baby.
Speaker 2: Let's take this break and then we will be right back on mixed shots here at the SWB Studio.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. No Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday mornings. Swacker Briskey and the Smoker, Miller Lyte and the Quop, the America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly, twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 5: I'm Doak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: As they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slaft. He'll love full Firs style.
Speaker 4: Just like football.
Speaker 5: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. It's twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 6: Fresh Scot's gonna run thish in show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 5: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 7: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi. That's what I like.
Speaker 2: To mixed shots.
Speaker 3: Rally Days, presented by seat Geek, gives NFL fans an experience of a lifetime the day prior to Dallas Cowboys home games this Saturday, October twenty eighth, and enjoy activities at Miller Lighthouse, get behind the scenes tour of at and T Stadium, and more. Visit at and T Stadium dot com slash Rally Days for more information and to get your tickets today. That is, it is so much fun to be out at those rally days. See all the families coming. There'll be some RAMS fans there too, so thank you to them for coming today early and spending your money. They're in Arlington, but rally days, if you haven't been to one, I highly encourage you to come and often get autographs from former players. There'll be some Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders out there giving autographs and so go again. You can go online to at and T stadium dot com slash rally days for more information.
Speaker 2: So they can only put so much of that interview on TV. Tell them what you were watching.
Speaker 4: There was a Jonathan Ala Yeah, oh yeah, man, Yeah, he threw he thow. He just told me, you know, they men getting the behind kicked. And I guess it's because of the it was the Giants. He's a saying the same old stuff for seven years, you've been getting it.
Speaker 2: And he used the word stuff yeah ten times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I mean, all that's not called for. But I guess when you're tired of it, Yeah, you just think you deserve better. You know.
Speaker 3: Well, they had their offense just gave him no chance whatsoever. The Washington defense played pretty well yesterday. Yes, but I mean Sam how absolutely no time to throw the ball. I mean, he is on pace to being sacked more than any player in NFL history. So he's going to talk Derek over Yeah, and Derek Carr. Now that was the Houston Texans inaugural season, so there was a reason with an expansion team, why your quarterback is going to get ugly. As ugly David Carr taken such a beating that was not fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So which gets us back to where I was going to ask you. Previously we talked about offensive lines, which I think you agree with me. There's not enough offensive line to go around in this league. And no, boy, if you get an injury, you're gonna have problems. So you're analysis of what the Cowboys offensive line did in the last two games, having the starting five back together for the first time.
Speaker 4: They need work. They need to get healthy, because it's alarming when I see people be able to just get onto Zach and make plays on Zach and then that that's kind of alarming. But I know what's wrong with the right tackle. He just need to work. He's been hurt a whole year, you know, in my left tack. He's just an older gentleman. But I just but they need to work. And I've always y'all have heard he said to to to just to the end, you know, everybody say best five, best five, I said, give me five above average guys that willing to work, willing to get in sync and uh and and basically relatively healthy, you know. And this line is not healthy. Uh uh, and they need work. I mean it. And I hate to say this because I love that Zach Martin got paid and maker tell you that's all I wanted him to do is.
Speaker 2: To get president.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but all the continuity flew out of the window when he missed it, missed those couple of weeks of training camp. It all flew out of the window. Then he came back and he got hurt early in the season. That that you know, And that's the reality of it. And we're still sitting right here here at four and two. We were fortunate what these guys do this week here, the last week and this week far us getting together trying to stay healthy, it's gonna it's gonna take us as far. You know, I'm not I'm thinking that Coach McCarthy is going to see Dak from this past game and he's gonna like, hey, hey, Dak, where's that guy Ben? You know, the instinctive Dac that I've always felt he was when he's his best, He's instinctive. You know, you move him around, you let him move around. And I ain't saying running like I tell people, what happened to all of those options the run, pass option, the bootlegs, all of these things. You know, I'm not saying Dak can't read defenses, but give him a one two, throw it away a run. That is when he's always been his best. And that's the Dack that I want, And that's the dack that ill. You know, people are like, well, you grow over the years. Yeah, we grow, We find out what you Oh, yeah, he can do a little bit more to this, but it also tells you this is why we drafted him in the fourth round.
Speaker 3: Can I have want to go back to the offensive line one more time because you talk about the lack of continuity zachmisson time and then of course Terrence at right tackle coming off the injury. How much is it that it's a different offensive.
Speaker 4: Line coach, Yes, it is.
Speaker 3: And then also McCarthy is still gonna You're still gonna have some mostly carry over, but there are a few differences with him. How are we seeing that as part of the equation.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 4: It is to a certain extent. But these guys here, when healthy, are athletic enough to do it what coach clari is asking him to do. Uh, he's asking them to be physical.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: He still do a lot of combination blocks. These guys when healthy, they can get out and run, they can trap. But the biggest thing is that your center, your center, your center is Tyler Biadis. He's above average guy. It was a Pro Bowl and uh and what I mean by that is, uh, he's the type of guy that serviceable. But when when you're above just a slightly above average guy, when you get injured, I mean, like you know, his hamstring is is hindering him. Okay, Now all that toughness and grittiness kind of go out of the window because you're thinking a little bit more than you know them. The wood where is you just flow off the ball and you just did did everything without thinking. Now you're thinking. That takes away that that little bit of the advantage you have. So we've not been solid in the middle. You know, a lot of sacks has been coming in because Dak the pocket has been collapsing down on him. So, uh, we're not playing good as offensive line. And this team is not going very far if the offensive line can't stay healthy.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: And and I'm not against putting TJ. Bass or the riches are awesome, riches are doga. I'm not you know, if they need to be in there to get one of these guys truly healthy, let's get him in there now so we can make this run after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: So do you attribute the offensive line to kind of the inabuilding these last couple of games to run the football?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we know who Tony poll is. I think we know who ric o'dondell is. If there's a hole there or something, you know, these guys gonna get in it now. So yeah, that that that that is it. Man. It started with the forty nine ers Fellas they won on one beat us. Yeah, they weren't running those games and stunts and run blitzes. They lined up the four guys, two guards over the two guys over the guard, two guys over the tackle, and they had Fred Warn in the middle. You know, they beat us, They beat us, and then a littit of that happening even with the with the Chargers, they they kind of got after us. And you know, I've always tried to maintain this. Ms. Christian and Mick. You're not strong because you got a great left tackle. That helps. We know we got a mainstay for fifteen years. But what makes you strong is when you got a center in two guards so you can run people around the horn, so your quarterback can step up and see what's going on in there. And he hasn't been able to step up. A couple of times they almost beat the ball back there. So h it's not going well right now. But I just believe these guys get healthy, and they continue to stay healthy and play together, they'll be okay.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Scott in Jersey. Scott, you're on with mixed shots.
Speaker 10: Mick Shucks. Thanks for the call. I appreciate it, sure thing. Long time listener, I missed Bill Jones. Chrissy, I listened to you for twenty years because that's how we listened to the game with Brad Sham. So it's nice to finally see you, you know, out and about. But I just want to know, like my question is always great in the players at this time, how they do Corra really great our coach, and i'd like you guys are great. What do you think McCarty's doing because some of the decisions and even this year, last year, they're very questionable, you know going forward last week it was it was just a couple of bad calls. I think he makes I just would like to know how do you guys feel how our coaching is doing this year? And I just want to say, as every single Walls would say, gold Cowboys, Oh, thank you for the ball and killing Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I wanted to ask him which plays that he missed called.
Speaker 3: The one I assume you mean going into the half where there was eight seconds and he'd let it go down to three seconds. I'm Scott, I bet that's the one, that one of them that you're referring to. And thank you for listening all these years to Cowboys Radio. We appreciate you. But that one, I was standing right behind McCarthy on the sideline. He was down at about the twenty five or twenty yard line, and so he was talking with the down judge and pointing at the clock, the game clock as it was going down. It was field level there in the end zone. So all along he wanted it to go to three seconds, and he was playing at conservative There's no question about that. But it's what he said a couple times last week and even kind of hinted at it earlier in the season, that he feels that the strength of this team is the defense, and so he's going to play to the strength of the team. But I was mildly surprised. I mean I would have stopped that, you know, at eight seconds and tried to take at least one shot at the end zone through the air, because you had plenty of time to do at least one pass play and then still have time for your field goal.
Speaker 4: See everybody, remember when it was four and one and they went forward and didn't get it. I wondered to kick a field goal. Then if the strength of this team is your defense, and these guys played better with a lead, give their that defensive lead, get that defensive lead, and make that other coordinator prove to you that they can come through this. I'll wait till maybe after Thanksgiving, because it all starts for me after Thanksgiving. Then I'll start looking at this play calling. You know, your offensive line, and I hate to keep repeating it, but you finally get your offensive line back together, we finally figuring out who CD LAMB is, who are who are cooks? And everybody like, well, you know you had that. You know what I understand. But I'll start making all these judgments after the Thanksgiving game. But that's when I because now you'll either be in the mix of this thing, or you'll be out of this thing, or you'll be trying to crawl back into it. So I just want to see as it goes on what because I don't think it's gonna come down to coach McCarthy. I think it's gonna come down to offense. You know.
Speaker 2: On that play sequence, here's why I thought they made the mistake. They had a second and tent at the twenty their own twenty nine, there was fifty five second left. They completed the twenty three yard pass to seed Lamb. Now it's first and ten at the Chargers forty eight fifty seconds left, and when they ended up completing a pass to Gallop for eleven yards, well, now you're in field goal range for sure. But the next time they snapped the ball twenty seven seconds left, they let twenty three seconds off the clock. Twenty three could have called time out. You had two timeouts left, right, and then you would have had more time when we got to your scenario, when it was first in what goal at the eight, you would have had much more time left to be able to try to take a shot at the end zone. But there was no reason to let twenty three seconds run off the clock. That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that what Scott and other fans and media Will Wyatt stands out so much is that decision to be conservative there at the end and settle for the field goal. Was that it's atypical of what we'd seen McCarthy do the first three years. Here he's the one that's going forward on fourth and whatever, fourth and three at the plus forty five with however much time on the clock. You know, he's been had been so aggressive with his play calling on offense, and of course he wasn't calling the plays, it was Kellen Moore, but it's still his decision on whether to go for it on fourth down, and it has been so aggressive. But this year it's more like putting on the brake. So it tells you what he thinks about his own offense. So I would say that Nate has a lot of that coach has a lot of the same concerns as you and Mickey do.
Speaker 2: What the only thing would complimentary football is when your defense is given up forty two points, better put your foot on the gas pedal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's I'm with you on that. I hate that, but that ain't the only game in town. Mick, Yeah, I know. Yeah, people, I'm gonna tell y'all something. Y'all either gonna put all your eyes on that one red wood at a time. Are that big oak gonna follow on you? That forty two forty two nothing whatever it was, gonna follow on you every week? You gotta let that go. You didn't cut that tree all the way down. It's still hanging. Don't let it fall on you because you're just sitting there wondering when it's gonna fall. Just keep playing. You got about to about what six or seven more redwoods you gotta cut down. Yeah, let's go to work. I mean, right now, you're four and two and we had an ugly loss. Let that ugly loss go. I mean, your your life.
Speaker 2: You're right there with Quinn when he talked to the players about not looking back. Yeah, he used the Usain Bolt analogy. When you're running a hundred meters dash, you're not looking back, you're looking straight ahead. Yes, Yes, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 4: How many games we got left? Eleven? You got eleven games left? And that was the big scare for me. And you know that. I said, what if we don't win the forty nine ers game. How are we going to let our you know, help our players recover and be the best they can be, because I think the players put more on themselves than the coaches did. The coaches realized that that bad thing can happen, so they know they got to continue to coach and to continue and improve, and they helped the player. But when you you know, that's why a lot of times, you know, people didn't like Jimmy because you would shut us down. He would verbally shut players down, like, hey man, you're talking too much, and now that that doesn't work in today's society, and just where young Parsons just would not let it go. I mean, he just took it way too far. And so that kind of lingered right on into the San Diego game. And you kind of saw that lingering effect on them early in the game and they had to pull themselves together, and I'm glad they did.
Speaker 2: And with that, it is twelve forty nine, so we can't linger any longer. We have to move on. Christy Nate, thank you for joining me. It was a fine mixed shots and tomorrow should be back with ever since Savannah and myself. While Bill is either doused with champagne tonight or tears of these.
Speaker 3: Let's hope he's ringing out the champagne.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. And that's it for mix shots here at the Star in the SWBC podcast studio for a Monday afternoon.
Speaker 4: Deliver paper on time.
Speaker 2: Whoever you are, Gold Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club
Speaker 3: M