Speaker 1: Buena Buena asked me some mortes. Welcome back to date my a Wilita. First, I am your host Vico Ortiz, side by side with our loving aid Leanna. You better stop swiping and start smooching with a little help.
Speaker 2: From Ala Loves smooching help us on the way.
Speaker 3: Hello, my beautiful itez.
Speaker 2: We're back to help Maine date Maria from last week. Yeah, fine, love, you can.
Speaker 3: Like usual. You know me, I'm beautiful, Yes.
Speaker 4: You are only that.
Speaker 1: Last week we met Maria, who says it's been about five years since she's had a serious relationship when they were deep into what they call one of her.
Speaker 3: Big big loves.
Speaker 1: Maria is a performer and recently moved to Los Angeles, and it's trying to find another partner for a new season of life.
Speaker 2: We also met the three contestants trying to win me over. First, we met Billy, a soft spoken excellice who now works in fashion and it's looking for a trustworthy and open partner. We also met Florentino, a true Puerto Rican sweetheart and creative who is looking for someone adventures and is not afraid of making mistakes along the way as part of life.
Speaker 3: Don't you think.
Speaker 2: And we met Junie, an aspiring nurse an actor who believes communication is key in any relationship.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait to see how these contestants do with the games that we've made up for them today.
Speaker 5: Me neither.
Speaker 2: So let's check in with Maria before bringing in the contestants.
Speaker 6: Maria, how you doing? How you feeling?
Speaker 7: I'm feeling good. This is such a unique experience.
Speaker 2: If this is so cool, I see that you're a little nervous.
Speaker 8: Yes, take it as a good thing that I think y'all did such a good job that I'm nervous now because I'm like, oh my god, it is happening.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be great. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: Maria.
Speaker 6: We will see you very very soon.
Speaker 1: All right, Alida, shall we welcome back our fabulous contestants.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's time.
Speaker 1: All right, let's welcome back Juni, Billy, and Florentino.
Speaker 6: Are you all ready for our first game?
Speaker 1: So here's the thing, contestants, our main dater and all of you seem to have tried a dating app or two, and you've seen some characters and there's a lot of total flakes and some people that even.
Speaker 6: Like you know catfish and whatnot.
Speaker 1: So for this game, we're gonna present some profiles to you, and it's time for you to get swiping. You're gonna swipe left if it's a no go, and swipe right if it's a yes.
Speaker 6: So with all that in mind, let's get it going.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's start with the first one. Now, this profile comes from a clear gym rat. All photos are of them shirtless or in the gym, and they're covering their face with their phone in their mirror selfies. Now they're by or Reads Gemini, who loves.
Speaker 5: The left Gemini.
Speaker 3: Can I finish reading.
Speaker 7: My little friend?
Speaker 2: Now we know remove the Gemini Florentino's experience.
Speaker 6: It's like, I'm not gonna waste a second.
Speaker 3: Jumped right on it.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, Okay, they're by r Reads Gemini, who loves the La music scene and going to shows. Can enjoy a one night in morning coffee dates, are cute mini golf and flying my drone around the city. Here for a good time, not a long time.
Speaker 6: What do you think, Billy?
Speaker 5: You had me at Jim Rat Jim A no go.
Speaker 3: They're all moving their hands to the left.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're not showing your face. What do you have to hide? You know?
Speaker 6: What about you?
Speaker 8: Juny?
Speaker 9: I would say face money maker one two Jim, sure, I appreciate you putting in the work, but also if the face ain't right, the face ain't right.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And then the drone.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: There's many many hobbies that you can do, but a drone it's no for me.
Speaker 6: Billy. Do you want to expand them? Why you're like, no, hard left, let's.
Speaker 3: Go just a gym rat.
Speaker 4: I can't deal with Jim rats. They're either at the gym or a meal prepping.
Speaker 6: Noted. This is good, this is good.
Speaker 2: How about the morning coffee dates? Do you think they're cute?
Speaker 5: Juny?
Speaker 6: What do you think?
Speaker 9: I am not a morning person at all? So when they said morning coffee, I'll be like, sir, I'm gonna be asleep.
Speaker 7: I will miss that date.
Speaker 3: How about you?
Speaker 5: Flo?
Speaker 10: I mean, I think it's on for coffee, but like in the morning. Really, I'm like, how about coffee date? Said coffee date?
Speaker 1: My goodness, y'all want to stay awake for a while?
Speaker 3: I know all night, Billy, I'll take it.
Speaker 4: If it's an afternoon expresso martini date, coffee with a kick.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, all right, my profile is a nerd alert. I got a cute, nerdy guy who clearly travels a lot, seeing as his photos are of him in Italy and France.
Speaker 6: Is this harving you?
Speaker 11: Ju?
Speaker 9: Why am I being exposed?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 9: Why am I being exposed?
Speaker 1: We got Bio six three ready for adventure at a moment's notice, good vibes and four twenty friendly love or food trucks open to long term, but something short will do bottom, smiley face.
Speaker 3: Let's get lost on the.
Speaker 6: City and maybe each other too.
Speaker 8: Oo.
Speaker 6: I love that. I might steal that, billy.
Speaker 5: What do you think I'm going for it?
Speaker 4: I'm six four, so someone in six ' three is right up my eye level.
Speaker 6: Lorentina, go for it.
Speaker 10: He had me on sports money, friendly bottom and sendmatch nerdy, which means he's probably more on the low key side, which is a good.
Speaker 5: Balance for a personal agree you know. Is it right for me?
Speaker 3: Mmmm? Juny.
Speaker 9: I can't relate to the over the six feet, However, I can appreciate somebody's height.
Speaker 7: Because then it just makes me feel.
Speaker 9: So much more like petitue than cute.
Speaker 5: I want somebody you just carry me.
Speaker 9: I love that I'll tell you I'm five five on a good.
Speaker 6: Day, bless you.
Speaker 2: Now we have one more. Now this profile is a stumper. Who are they? They only have group photos, no photos of them alone, and you can't tell which person the profile is for. But the bio is sweet and it reads looking for my happily ever after. But I'm not sure what that is just yet. I do know it involves some tequila housewives binges and my pops Sammy looking to start as friends and see where it goes from there. Regular flosster and you should be two.
Speaker 10: So I think I would strit right just because of the personality. It seems like a friendly approach to social media, which I enjoy, like not taking themselves too serious. And it's like, also take care of your hygiene, you know that little wink wing just for personalities, just to see where that leads. It would be all right for me and to try and figure out who's the one on the.
Speaker 3: Profile, Billy, what do you think?
Speaker 4: The floss thing is like a must for me. You have to have like good teeth otherwise it's a go. But people with only other people in their pictures are usually unattractive because they always have their attractive friends in the pictures with them, so.
Speaker 5: Like all the cute ones come on together, but I would go right.
Speaker 4: Just to see who it is because he does sound sweet and nice.
Speaker 3: How about you, Jinny?
Speaker 9: And then I also agree, I'm going to swipe right. I am a big teeth person. I go to the dentists like every three months. My dentist is my best friend. Sometimes I just like text him just to be like, hey, how are you?
Speaker 5: I miss you.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 9: However, the photo thing, I am of the belief that I only have pretty friends. So if in the photo all my friends are pretty and I am also pretty, and you swipe right on it, you're gonna be like, oh wow, I agree, there's somebody pretty in this photo. So that's just how it is.
Speaker 3: It's like, you guys know each other.
Speaker 8: Have we all?
Speaker 9: Matt, and weho at some point, honestly.
Speaker 2: At some point because you have kind of the same answers, the same ideas, the same philosophy about how to approach things.
Speaker 3: I'm loving it.
Speaker 1: Well, that was a blast and also makes me thankful that I'm not on the.
Speaker 6: Apps for right now at least or ever.
Speaker 2: Maybe Yeah, well, we know that I've been banned from all the apps, so we can't even talk about that all that, I tell you.
Speaker 6: All right, well, then we'll be back after the break. Welcome back today, Maya WII the first.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Welcome back, gorgeous contestants.
Speaker 6: Sadly it's time for one of these cuties to hit the road.
Speaker 1: Yes A, Wilita, who are you gonna send backing?
Speaker 2: I This is a moment that, of course nobody likes, but it's part of the process.
Speaker 3: You are each very.
Speaker 2: Special, beautiful, beautiful people. Thank you for being here with us. Unfortunately, one of you will be out right now and creating that special decision. It has to be what our main data really is focused on what they want and how you guys come together for that reason and that reason alone.
Speaker 3: The one person that is leaving, and I love you is Billy.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Thank you, Billy.
Speaker 3: We love you.
Speaker 4: You have fun and get wild with the.
Speaker 9: Rest of this.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, folks, We're going to keep it simple in this last and final round with a few more personality based questions. Alita and I are going to ask some cues and all you've got to do.
Speaker 6: Is take turns and during Leiana, we are ready. They get away.
Speaker 2: Missa motis if you want the lottery tomorrow, what would you do?
Speaker 3: Jenny?
Speaker 9: If I won the lottery tomorrow, first thing I would do is realize my dream of buying like fifty acres of land in Montana, starting my farm, having my cute little cottage home, having no neighbors, cows, chickens, goats, some like crops, maybe some corn, who knows, you know, That's what I would do. First thing I would do. Second thing I would do is take care of my mom in Mexico. She was supported like ten years ago, so that's been a struggle trying to get her back, and I really hope that this year is the year.
Speaker 6: So who knows, crossing fingers for you too.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Okay, that got me.
Speaker 6: What would you do?
Speaker 5: Ideally? If I want the lottery?
Speaker 10: At first, it would be like, definitely buy a safe place where I can be and my loved ones can be, including my friends, because I have dreams of having a big house where all the people that I love can be together. But a little condo in front of the beach in Puerto Rico would do? I?
Speaker 11: Love it?
Speaker 3: Love it?
Speaker 1: Would you rather date someone who acts like you are so lucky? To be with them, or someone who is constantly texting and calling you when you're out with your friends.
Speaker 3: JUNI the latter.
Speaker 9: So I want somebody to worship the ground that I walk on, to make me feel like I am the most special person to have ever come into their life, because chances are I probably feel the same way. And you know, they always say date somebody who is more into you than you are into them, But for me, it's always like the opposite. I'm always the one that's more into them than they are into me. So like having that, I think for me would be like life changing. You know, maybe that's my soulmate.
Speaker 3: Noted Okay, Florentino.
Speaker 10: Tell me, I would say the first one I have a person that is like letting me know that I'm looking to have them, I'll probably bring the same energy I'm like, and that's why we're together because we're.
Speaker 5: Lucky to have each other.
Speaker 10: A person that doesn't trust me and east to text me every time out with their friends, it is like, probably we're not building the right trust and if there's no trust, things are not gonna go very well.
Speaker 3: Thank you you wh Yeah, let's do this.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what is your favorite cheap Thrill and what is your favorite thing to splurge on?
Speaker 6: What about you?
Speaker 7: Dony Cheap Thrill.
Speaker 9: Is going to talk about.
Speaker 5: Talking about too.
Speaker 10: I was gonna say the Jack in the Box two tackles for a dollar special.
Speaker 9: And then the splurging is definitely you know, like Michelin Star restaurants. I love to see the attention that people put into dishes and seeing the artistry that people are able to like make into something like this big and You're like, oh, that's just the bite of food and I'm like, no, no, this took years for them to perfect. So I'm like, savor every every bite, you know. But also Taco.
Speaker 3: Bell, all right, what do you splurge on?
Speaker 6: Parentino?
Speaker 5: Doing live music?
Speaker 10: It's like the one thing that I would pay for a good seats to have a good moment, to be filled with inspiration. Like for example, yesterday I was at a concert that I probably shouldn't have paid all that money too. Honestly, it's worth every dollar because it's inspiration and lets me know somewhere I want to be and somebody who's works I think it is so inspiring. So I really like supporting art because I'm supporting it gives me back right in that very second, not.
Speaker 5: Like Taco Bell that gives you.
Speaker 3: Someone else.
Speaker 5: But yeah, definitely art live art, Oh I eat that.
Speaker 6: Who's gonna be hard? It's gonna be really really hard. Yes, thank you all for playing today.
Speaker 1: We have had an absolute blast, and after the break we'll be back with the Smalls secret to we've been keeping. Welcome back to day make a Wilita First. Well, my friends, little did you know our main data has actually been listening.
Speaker 6: This whole time.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, ah, Wilita might have an idea of who she likes. But let's see if we have a unanimous decision to all of our contestants. Muchisi besos as on your search for love. Thank you for playing. We'll be back after some deliberation with our main dater, Maria.
Speaker 6: I'm obsessed.
Speaker 1: This last game really really showed how they approached conflict and how they approached certain situations that are a little bit you know, sticky. So I'm curious. I'm curious to see what you're thinking. I'm curious to see what Maria's thinking, Like, what is coming up for you?
Speaker 7: First of all, I love the games.
Speaker 8: I'm texting them in the group child I'm like, I wish I could play the game because I would nail the games. But no, they're great. I think they're both really really cool people. I really loved what Flow said about being a creative and things like that, Like that's something that really like speaks to me.
Speaker 7: I like that he's a creative.
Speaker 8: I also love how like pure Junie is and like ju is great.
Speaker 7: Like it is hard. It's a hard decision for me too.
Speaker 8: But I think they have fantastic answers and I'm feeling really good.
Speaker 7: But yeah, this is hard. It's gonna be hard.
Speaker 6: It's a Toughye, it's really really a tough.
Speaker 2: They both bring different aspects. Yeah, enhancement to Maria's life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My thing is from the beginning, I think I was towards Flow.
Speaker 3: There was just something there.
Speaker 2: Now, yes, can be a ham in moments, but there were times when we ask questions and he really put his serious face on and explain to us what his feelings were about them. So I can see that not one. You can get nervous under these circumstances. Maybe you show more than you really want to, but the heart is there, all right.
Speaker 6: You're the one. You're the one that has the stamp.
Speaker 1: Well, the time, the time has come to come clean. We have our gorgeous mandator online here listening in this whole time.
Speaker 6: This is the secret.
Speaker 1: But before I bring them on, it's time for to make her stamp of approval. And it's generally not been easy at all. You both are truly incredible contestants. You've put your heart on the line. You've been really honest and earnest and humorous and charming. So give it to you.
Speaker 2: Yes, as Vico said, you are both incredible, incredible. What I do know is that we have to make sure that you align with our main data, that you connect in different aspects. I see the passion in both of you. I see the commitment to being in this show and the commitment that you would give to our relationship. I just want to remind you. You've told us you are looking for love, you are looking for commitment. So make sure that from the moment on, whoever steps into this role of dating our main data, that you do with with light, and you do it with love and just.
Speaker 3: Be your true self.
Speaker 2: And for that reason and that reason alone, the person who will be with our main dat.
Speaker 3: Is Florentina.
Speaker 1: Juny thank you, thank you, thank you for taking time to be here with us today, to share yourself, share your soul.
Speaker 3: I love you, Junie, you are the best.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much for having me. It's been a pleasure. Thank you so much.
Speaker 10: Everyone.
Speaker 9: If you want to d M me Billy's number, that's good too. I can settle for a seconds.
Speaker 3: I think we saw that coming. Thank you, and here we are. I guess all these works.
Speaker 6: This has become a Puerto Rican party now.
Speaker 10: You know it's the island. You know, we find each other and we stick through, and here we are.
Speaker 1: Indeed, because our main dat is also Puerto Rican, we have the tropical experience and then we have this like queen coming over and I cannot wait for y'all to meet. So Maria, if you want to come in, say hello, how are.
Speaker 7: You nice to meet you?
Speaker 5: Flow.
Speaker 7: I've been here silent the whole time.
Speaker 5: And I hope you don't think I'm crazy.
Speaker 8: No, you had me laughing the entire time. And yes, this is.
Speaker 7: Me on the main DAT.
Speaker 8: My name is Maria born Christopher, but I go by Maria as my performing name.
Speaker 7: And this is me.
Speaker 5: So what's up?
Speaker 7: What's next to us? A Wilita thank you.
Speaker 5: We found.
Speaker 3: First impression flow.
Speaker 10: Gorgeous, gorgeous, so I'll have a great start and beautiful.
Speaker 6: Teeth, yes, my goodness.
Speaker 1: Right, but I forgot that we had a whole I was like, how do we get to that gorgeous? Gorgeous, gorgeous. We're gonna let these two have a little seven minutes in heaven mini zoom date and is just them too?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 6: It's just them too? You're third wheeling this one.
Speaker 3: I want to take notes.
Speaker 6: I know you want to take notes, but that is.
Speaker 10: Not for us.
Speaker 5: After after a minute, after minute six, we can let you in.
Speaker 6: After minutes, stay here for the compromise.
Speaker 7: I'm brand new to l A. I just moved here from where I'm from New York.
Speaker 8: So yeah, no, I'm from New York, but I'm Puerto Rican too, and I spent a lot of time in Puerto Rico. So when you came on with the energy, I was cracking up because I'm like.
Speaker 7: Here we go, people, I'm like, here we go. So yeah, no, it was cool.
Speaker 8: I like to kind of be upfront with the whole identity thing because where I'm fem presenting today, I am not always you know.
Speaker 7: So I was in drag like and I'm very gender.
Speaker 8: Fluid, but I like to kind of be forward with that because sometimes people see you one way and they expect this to be the thing, especially on a first impression, and it's like, oh ship. So that's something I like to leave with and just kind of get you know clear. There's days that I have a beard, and there's days that I have a body like so it's a moment.
Speaker 5: One day you might punch me.
Speaker 10: One day, I'm never know Puerto Rican from New York, you might get hurt.
Speaker 5: I'm getting here regardless of this.
Speaker 7: No, don't believe that. Don't believe that.
Speaker 5: I have a question. We brought you to Lafe work.
Speaker 8: So I've been writing, producing acting for the last three four years. During the pandemic, a lot changed and a lot froze in New York. So I started just kind of doing work and I came here and I did a project two years ago.
Speaker 7: I decided then that like it put la on my mind.
Speaker 8: Like so then it took a little while, but I did my thing and now I'm here.
Speaker 7: I've been here six months.
Speaker 5: What's your sign?
Speaker 7: I'm aquarius?
Speaker 10: Okay, my best friend is in a quorus. So what part of Puerto Rico.
Speaker 7: Are you from Okay?
Speaker 10: So my family is Dominican and my first ten years I grew up in the art but then when I first got there, we moved into Tallaha.
Speaker 8: Nice I'm familiar with. I've been there before. A lot of my family's Dominican too, so I know how it is.
Speaker 5: Have you ever been to like Weeho and gone out and have the whole.
Speaker 7: Experience I've gotten in the mixed plenty?
Speaker 10: Oh so it's not like you know, it's a matter of getting in some more trouble.
Speaker 11: Yeah, listeners, thank you so much for joining us this season.
Speaker 1: It has been such a pleasure, such a delight to share with y'all, all these beautiful people, their stories, their desires, their wants, their needs. Because at the end of the day, we want to feel love, we want to feel safe, we want to feel.
Speaker 6: Seen, heard and celebrated.
Speaker 1: So thank you so much to every single one of you for celebrating every single person's journey here with us.
Speaker 2: I hope in your life each of you has had the pleasure of enjoying one or two a willitas. And I leave you with this Awilita, the one that wishes your nothing but acceptance and love throughout your life and that's what Date Maya Awalita First is all about. So thank you to all the team that has been involved in creating the show and for each of you listening, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Date my Awalita First is a production from WV Sound and iHeartMedia's Michael Tura podcast network, hosted by me vic ortis joined by the fabulous Lena Montenegro. Date ma Awalita First is produced by Leo Clem, Nico Raquel and Luigi Villian Weba. Our executive producers are Wilmer Valdorama, Leo Clem, and Nico Raquel a WV Sound. This episode was edited by Sean Tracy and Nico Raguel. This episode features original music by Gabe Lopez and Alvaro Morello. The original artwork for this show was created by Mac McClain. Special thanks to our team of cupids at w V Entertainment. Special thanks also to our Hope for Romantics this week, Maria, Thino, Billy and Juny. Additional thanks to Salt Inline Media. For more podcasts from iHeart, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 3: See you next week.
Speaker 6: And in the meantime, don't.
Speaker 3: Do anything Alita wouldn't do.
Speaker 7: Just do it better.
Speaker 3: Besat