Speaker 1: Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winner's choosing. I'm your host, Spencer new Earth, and today we're joined by Giannis Randall, Brody Seth Alex and Bobby Klassen. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat eaters four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking. Meat Eater Trivia is brought to you by one of my favorite beers, bush Light Head for the Mountains. Bobby, this is your first time on the show. Tell folks what you do here at Meat Eater.
Speaker 3: I am the assistant controller here at meat Eater.
Speaker 4: Sorry, sorry, Bobby, it's your first time. You got.
Speaker 5: Right here.
Speaker 6: What does a controller mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've always wondered this.
Speaker 2: I control the money, assistant controller of the money.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's it.
Speaker 5: That's it. Okay.
Speaker 2: Bobby's strengths and weaknesses when it comes to Meat Eater Trivia Hunting, fishing, conservation, cookie ooh, I hope.
Speaker 3: I don't need these words strengths. That's probably fishing it's a fishing guide in the past. Oh, we're at here out a big sky.
Speaker 5: Okay, trout for your gun.
Speaker 3: Trout for trout, yep, Gallatin and Madison.
Speaker 7: Mostly hunting is probably gonna be my weak point.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll find out here. We got ten questions to learn more about Bobby's wisdom.
Speaker 5: We have a mailbag.
Speaker 6: Question to start today's show.
Speaker 2: If you have a question you want the crew to answer, send your question to Trivia at the Medeater dot com with the subject line mailbag. This is from Clark Newsom. I'm going on my first elk hunt this September in Tennessee and looking to buy some gear. If I could only buy a single first light top for the hunt, what would be your choice, Yanni? What's your recommendation to Clark September, Tennessee elk.
Speaker 5: I believe we have that piece called the Approach showed, you know as a built in face mask. Okay, it's like a light to midweight synthetic. That's what I'd be in in September.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna give Clark another recommendation or two, what what would be like your top three?
Speaker 5: You think, Hmmm, that'd probably just go with the marino quarter.
Speaker 3: Zip the wick sleeves on that or no.
Speaker 5: In September and Tennessee, I'd probably cut him off, you know, just keep the core warm, keep more, make it more breathable. Given one more, probably the the just the hooded wick.
Speaker 2: Any any other recommendations in the room for Clark.
Speaker 5: I'd get a pair of gators to keep it. Ticks off your pants.
Speaker 2: I bet that is some ticky country there in September.
Speaker 8: I would say, Uh, it's tough to recommend bass layers because one man's body in the humidity and high seventies low eighties of Tennessee in September not the same as another man's body. But I would say the navigator, it's nice, like when it cools down that way, nothing a lot of insulation value for the weight.
Speaker 3: I think that'd be a really nice piece.
Speaker 6: Brody, what do you think.
Speaker 7: I'd just go with the old school kiln because it's very versatile.
Speaker 4: You can use it for.
Speaker 7: Like just a just the outside layer, could use it for a mid layer, like just.
Speaker 2: A good piece all around. All right, A lot of recommendations there, Clark. Good luck with that el Hunt Sweaty. We have some housekeeping. He says he's doing his first ELK count.
Speaker 5: I thought it was dear hold on that changes all right, I'm kidding, you'd have anything, Dad.
Speaker 3: Then I can just think about his sweating, that's all. Yeah, I just keep thinking about sweat sounds hot.
Speaker 6: We have some crew news.
Speaker 2: Jannis is holding an event at the Milwaukee meat Eater store Yanny, tell folks about it.
Speaker 5: Oh, he could our buddy that we just answered the question. Or he could come visit, fly up to Milwaukee, up to Milwaukee. It's July. What's the date, July thirtieth. July thirtieth, almost the last day of the month. I believe pretty close. Is it the thirty four? I can't remember how many days so I has I'm not good at that. Guy like a controller, probably easily. He knows the big numbers guy.
Speaker 8: I think it falls into all the rest have thirty one if I did the rhyme right.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I'm gonna be doing an ELK seminar. So an hour of me just yacking about what I know about haunting ELK. I'm gonna do an hour of Q and A and then an hour of hanging out and byes and at the Milwaukee So what five five, five o'clock.
Speaker 4: If you're listening to this on the day it drops, it's tomorrow.
Speaker 5: WHOA yes, So you're gonna have to be in the vicinity, Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Get in your car right now.
Speaker 5: You might make it. If you're in Wisconsin, you can wait till tomorrow and drive on.
Speaker 6: What are you going to teach people? If I was there? What would I learn?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, I'm trying to really frame it, you know, from a guy that's maybe never done gone into elk COHNT and lives in Wisconsin now and trying to really push them towards you know, pulling the tr and taking that step to do it. So trying to make it seem like it is something that's attainable to them and make simplify it all you know. Okay, that's my goal.
Speaker 2: That is an Elk hunting seminar with you, honest, Thursday, July thirtieth, at five pm. It's the Milwaukee Mediator Store at the corners of Brookfield.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: The Shelby indextra today is a three, so our winner should get six correct answers and with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop pill.
Speaker 8: Look, I need to know what I stay under win everything?
Speaker 3: How's it just tend to win everything?
Speaker 6: Gamon Suckers.
Speaker 2: Question one, the topic is wildlife. This will be multiple choice and this first great question is via John Schlessinger. One of our trivia question goats. What percentage of mammals are nocturnal? Is it thirty percent, fifty percent, seventy percent or ninety percent? What percentage of mammals are nocturnal? Thirty percent, fifty, seventy ninety.
Speaker 3: That's a wild question.
Speaker 2: That is a wild question, a wide spectrum of answers. I feel like we could see all four answers today. What percentage of mammals are nocturnal? Thirty percent, fifty percent, seventy percent, ninety percent. This is a stat via National Geographic three today three it's top round. What percentage of mammals are nocturnal? Thirty percent, fifty percent, seventy percent, ninety percent. Brody, are you readys?
Speaker 3: She wummed out by that.
Speaker 7: It was in yeahs along here, sure, I'm ready, no, because she like kind of it was.
Speaker 2: It was like a one I think going into the final three questions, I think she got two of the last three, and so she felt relieved that she even tenty three. Go ahead and reveal your answers. Seth says seventy, Bobby thirty, Randall thirty, Alex thirty, Yannis thirty, Brody seventy. The correct answer is seventy percent. Crody and Seth got that one right. It's estimated that seventy percent of mammals are nocturnal, twenty percent are diurnal, eight percent have irregular activity, and two percent are crepuscular. The International Dark Sky Discovery Center says that some nocturnal animals are in decline because of human lighting practices. They recommend limiting unnecessary outdoor lights as it can interfere with animal migrations, courtship and pollen.
Speaker 3: Name them, yeah, name them.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm name ten for you. Seven of them are going to be nocturnal. Here's question to the topic of conservation. The Wild Sheep Foundations Sheep Show is held every year in this city. The room has their swag your back. This whole side is very confident. Seth and Randall look like they have it. Bobby, do you.
Speaker 6: Think you have this one?
Speaker 3: This is a total guess.
Speaker 2: Topic is conservation. The Wild Sheep Foundations Sheep Show is held every year in this city.
Speaker 5: I haven't been yet. Yeah, you've been a few times.
Speaker 3: I'm still drying out.
Speaker 5: Not true, because we went and did it. We did, are still trying out. We went and did a trivia there podcast there once.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think the early early meeting the crowds. I assume you had there like three or four times.
Speaker 4: By now, Yanni, that was like eight years ago or something.
Speaker 2: Randall, how many times you've been?
Speaker 3: Oh five?
Speaker 2: Damn, it's a good time. Okay, is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers, says Reno. Bobby says Bozeman. The rest of the room says Reno. The correct answer is Reno, Nevada.
Speaker 8: I almost said it's a great time of year to be in Reno, almost fluid.
Speaker 2: The next sheep Show will be held February third to February sixth, twenty twenty seven. It will be their fiftieth sheep show. There are dozens of big game tags that are given out via auctions and raffles at the event, with about ninety percent of the funds going back to state agencies. The two most expensive auctions at the twenty twenty four sheep Show were for big horn tags in Colorado and New Mexico. They sold for six hundred thousand dollars each. And three the topic is fishing. This next great question is via Brian Parks. The alliterative phrase quote red right blank refers to how boats should navigate marked waterways. Didn't even finish the question and Randall had his answer, Captain Randall.
Speaker 3: Inspired Captain Randall.
Speaker 2: The alliterative phrase red right blank refers to how boats should navigate marked waterways.
Speaker 6: Yanni, do you have this one right?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, hmmm. I was taught this by the same man that sent you those Devil's pocketbooks.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, very nice gift from Yanni's father in law, who Yanni was wildly complimentary. And I said, how is he as a father father in law? And Yanni said perfect Those were his words, sent me some mermaids purses.
Speaker 8: I'm still trying to think of a nocturnal mammal other than bats.
Speaker 5: I have a lot of questions, like do we count as that because we're we we operate around the clock.
Speaker 2: I would guess we're either part of the twenty percent that's diurnal or the eight percent that's irregular.
Speaker 3: I'm crepuscular.
Speaker 5: You are not cuscular.
Speaker 6: I am to these most.
Speaker 8: Egg Yeah, I'm kind of. During the day, it's just a big yeah. Come dinner time.
Speaker 5: You get a couple of upswings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, coffee, and then happy hour.
Speaker 2: The alliterative phrase red ripe blank refers to how boats should navigate marked waterways. It's tough to be crepuscular in the summertime when happy hour falls like four hours before sunset there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just still figuring that one out.
Speaker 2: Red right blank? Is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers? Set says green? Is that what the says? Bobby says right? Randall return, Alex ready, Yannis return Brody without an answer, the correct answer is return or returning. Red right returning means that you should keep red channel markers on your right when returning to a harbor. That means if you're leaving the harbor, then you should keep green markers on your right instead. This rule applies to waters in North America, South America, Japan, and South Korea, but for those in Europe, Australia or Africa, it is red left returning.
Speaker 6: Oh so, if you're in those international waters, did you get the first one?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: Nice question for the top is Hunting. Willie Robertson, Jason al Dean, and friend of the show Luke Bryan are among the crew members of this Duck Commander spinoff that focuses on big game. Willie Robertson, Jason Aldan, and my favorite country artist Luke Bryan are among the crew members of this Duck Commander spinoff that focuses on big Game.
Speaker 7: Now, are you being facetious there, Spencer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if Luke were to ever turn on this show, which I'm guessing has not happened, there were two episodes.
Speaker 6: Where he would feel a little bullied.
Speaker 2: I think probably the one where I declared one of his songs the worst.
Speaker 7: What's going to happen when you guys like run into each other in airport parking lot?
Speaker 6: I don't think anything will happen.
Speaker 5: Is he the type of personality that likes to have like public confrontations and have someone record it or that not him?
Speaker 2: I don't know about that, but he will like respond to Instagram comments. The last time we talked about one of his hunting or fishing songs, we read some of the Instagram comments that he was responding to people who were critical of him. With Willie Robertson, Jason al Dean, and Luke Brian are among the crew members that of this Duck Commander spinoff that focuses on Big Game.
Speaker 6: Randall, do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I know it somewhere, but I'm not getting anywhere.
Speaker 6: Seth, you have this one right?
Speaker 8: If you watch this show, you think yes, okay, because I remember hearing this fact at one point and of being astounded, just blown away and then forgot about it.
Speaker 2: Willie Robertson, Jason al Dean, and Luke Bryan are among the crew members of this Duck Commander spinoff that focuses on Big Game.
Speaker 6: Is everybody ready?
Speaker 5: Go ahead and.
Speaker 2: Reveal your answers, Seth says Buck Commander, Bobby Buck Commander, Randal Buck Commander, and then he put in parentheses Bony Brigade.
Speaker 3: I wanted that one. I wanted that to be my answer, But this is the real.
Speaker 2: One, okay, Yanni Buck Commander, Brody Buck Commander. The correct answer is Buck Commander. Buck Commander started in two thousand and seven and is currently on their fifteenth season. Their crew of Buckman include country singers Luke Bryan and Jason al Dean and baseball players Adam Laroche, Ryan Langerhans and Tumbo Martin. Their sister brands include Duck Commander, Strut Commander, and Finn Command. Oh franchise good Brand. Question five. The topic is woodsmanship. This is our listener Question of the Week, which was won by Aaron Campbell. For sending this great question. Aaron is going to get a one hundred and fifty dollars First Light gift card. If you want a chance to win the Listener Question of the Week, then send your questions to Trivia at the medeater dot com. Vault toilet and outhouse are synonyms for this five letter word that's defined as quote, an outdoor waterless toilet. Oh my god, the room is stumped. Vault toilet and outhouse are synonyms for this five letter word that's defined as an outdoor waterless toilet randal. Do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: Boy? I think so?
Speaker 6: Okay? This is question five.
Speaker 2: So we will get a scoreboard update from Filled the Engineer after this. Phil has it set to sauna setting in the podcast studio today?
Speaker 8: Is a waterless toilet a contradiction in terms?
Speaker 6: I don't know. That's the definition I found for this word though.
Speaker 2: Bought toilet and outhouse are synonyms for this five letter word that's defined as an outdoor, waterless toilet.
Speaker 6: Bobby, do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: Decent?
Speaker 5: Guess?
Speaker 3: It is five letters?
Speaker 6: I don't think so, Okay.
Speaker 2: I think Bobby and Randall are the only players with an answer. Johanni, can you address the sleeve situation. It's a few months since we've seen you wearing sleeves. Some folks have commented on it, They've wrote emails about it.
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that they're paying attention because they need to start doing it too and realize the freedom that they'll feel without sleeves. But if I take this time now to do this, and then you're going to give me the time to also think about my answer because I know it's in.
Speaker 2: There, how long of a response do you possibly have?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, I got a whole deal going here. Okay, So, like, personally for me, I still know after two months sleeveless, I walk into the grocery and I'm like, I'm not quite comfortable, and that's stupid. So I'm just going through like a thing where I want to become comfortable in my literally in my own skin.
Speaker 8: The next logical extension of this program by which you're working towards equality and dress code the bar Middrift. I think that's your next frontier. Maybe yeah, just everything from the ribs down to.
Speaker 2: So Yanni now does just too much at work, And he recommends if you're if you're a banker out there, if you're a teacher, start wearing the sleeveless shirts. No.
Speaker 5: See, unfortunately not everybody can do it at work, but as soon as you get out of work, change into your sleeveless all right y answer.
Speaker 3: Question, grip those sleeves right off.
Speaker 5: Answer, Oh gosh, just give me this thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: It's in there outhouse or synonyms for this five letter word that's defined as an outdoor waterless toilet.
Speaker 6: Brody, did you come up with it?
Speaker 4: Nope, nope, nope, nope.
Speaker 9: I got a million red names in my head for this, but none of them have letters.
Speaker 2: It is a tough round of trivia so far the Shelby index of three.
Speaker 5: And shall we get this fucking solid? She did not.
Speaker 6: It's everybody ready, I got.
Speaker 5: Something written down.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answer without an answer, Bobby, says potty. Randon says privy, h Alex without an answer. Yanni says privy without an answer. The correct answer is privy.
Speaker 7: I can't believe you watch some Westerns.
Speaker 2: The other definition of privy is quote, to have secret or exclusive knowledge of something. This definition, plus its use as an outdoor toilet, is because privy traces back to the Latin word privatus, which means private. Art felt halfway through the game scoreboard update.
Speaker 4: Scoreboard update is that Alex and Bobby are tied up with one point.
Speaker 5: Good job, I have zero?
Speaker 3: Can we clip that sound effect?
Speaker 6: I promise you I got zero? You got you got? Commander. Sorry, I'm just jaded by my past experiences.
Speaker 5: I mean I can take it off.
Speaker 6: Let's take it out.
Speaker 3: Let's take it by my fast experiences.
Speaker 4: Seth and Brody are tied up with three points, and in first place it's Randall Williams and the honest, sleeveless Potelli.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: I didn't think you had privy in you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh you got that, he did. I thought you were just gonna flip over a blank whiteboard. Actually.
Speaker 2: Question six, the topic is wildlife. Ace is tasked with finding this pro sports team's abducted mascot in the nineteen ninety four comedy ace Ventura Pet Detective. Thank God, Randall has It, Alex has it. Ace is tasked with finding this pro sports team's abducted mascot in the nineteen ninety four comedy ace Ventura Pet Detective.
Speaker 6: Come Back Season.
Speaker 2: Baby Alex is going to double his score.
Speaker 8: The biggest year in a single comedic actor's life.
Speaker 6: Really, well, you do?
Speaker 8: I suppose them in the mask and a the same year.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you could probably just pull off like comedic at that and just be like any actor, right, Like, as far as box office numbers, it's hard to beat that in a year.
Speaker 3: But now he's just lost his mind.
Speaker 2: He has since lost his face. He's significantly altered. Ace is tasked with finding this pro sports team's abductive mascot in the nineteen ninety four comedy ace Ventura Pet Detective.
Speaker 4: I think and then those those Sonic movies could be worse. And he's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Okay, you need the you need the team name.
Speaker 2: The team name, that's right, looking the pro sports team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a bigger fan of You need the city to what nature?
Speaker 2: You can just tell me the Just tell me the mascot. You don't have to say city. You could just say if it was Montana State by Cats, just Bobcats would work.
Speaker 6: Phil.
Speaker 2: Would your kids think of the Sonic movies? I want to hear their reviews since it's for them, not for you.
Speaker 4: I mean, they're not We don't have them on repeat in the house, but we saw the last two in the theaters. Nice and I've had worse experiences during kids movies.
Speaker 2: And are they familiar with Jim Carrey's older work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've watched this film as a family. You know, the Grinch is a classic.
Speaker 3: What about Liar Liar?
Speaker 4: We have not watched Liar Liar.
Speaker 3: It's a little racy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that might be for when they're teenage?
Speaker 6: YEA, is everybody ready?
Speaker 3: Some of them?
Speaker 4: Are one of them?
Speaker 2: Is? Go ahead and reveal your answers. Said says the Chicago Bulls, Bobby the Los Angeles Dodgers. Randall says the Miami Dolphins. Alex Miami Dolphins, Giannis says the Miami Marlins, and Brody says Miami Dolphins. The correct answer the Miami Dolphins and now the Florida Marlins. Ace Ventura is hired by the Dolphins to find Snowflake. The bottle knows Dolphin. The Thief is a retired Miami kicker Ray Finkel, a fictional player who missed the game winning field goal in a prior Super Bowl. Finkel also kidnaps Hall of Famer Dan Marino, who Finkle blames for the botched kick. A saves the day when he frees Snowflake and Marino just before the second half of that year's Super Bowl, which the Dolphins are playing in. There is the movie Poster or Ace Sventurer Pet Detective Randall, do you have a review for us of Ace Ventura.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll be honest.
Speaker 8: I saw when Nature calls the sequel before seeing the original Pet Detective. I think that's a better, more complete film.
Speaker 2: Okay, rank it for us. Among Dumb and Dumber and The Mask his nineteen ninety four round.
Speaker 8: The Mask is one I haven't revisited in quite some time. But I almost said, somebody stop me during this as a joke, but then I realized that was a bit of dialogue from The Mask.
Speaker 5: I think it is.
Speaker 6: Can any of them really be better than dumber and Dumb?
Speaker 3: No, dumb and Dumbers? I think dumb and Dumber is hard to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've also recently watched Um and Dumber and the Mask as a family that's dumb and Dummer is probably the best out of those.
Speaker 3: That's a mount rushmore of comedies.
Speaker 2: Question seven, the topic is conservation. This next great question is via Tristan le Manuel. It was not so good for this food brand in twenty twenty five when they admitted to five thousand, four hundred violations of the Clean Water Act at the Mammy River.
Speaker 6: M good.
Speaker 2: That's m apostrophe, M exclamation point, M apostrophe, M exclamation point. Good exclamation point. It was not so good for this food brand in twenty twenty five when they admitted to five thousand, four hundred violations of the Clean Water Act at the Mommy River.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know what I learned about on a podcast today that there are herbicide forensics what do you call something that works in forensics forensics? Forensic science investigator that like, if you go overboard on your herbicide use and you don't follow the label the way it's written, and then all of a sudden there's like a fish killed downstream, or you get some drift and the neighbors like half their crops dies. They can come in and test your place and be like, oh yeah, Spencer didn't follow directions when he was spraying the gly around yep, and get you do.
Speaker 6: You spray that stuff on your farms?
Speaker 5: Spencer?
Speaker 2: Now that I have like started planting things that I planned to eat, I've cut back probably like ninety percent. So I'm not totally free of pesticides and herbicides, but I've significantly.
Speaker 3: Dialed it back.
Speaker 9: Where's the Malmie River?
Speaker 6: Not gonna tell you?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 6: It was not so well?
Speaker 2: You good for this food brand in twenty twenty five, when they admitted to five thy four hundred violations at the Clean Water Act at Ohio's Mommy River. Randall, do you have this one right? Ohio boy over there? I don't think so King of Ohio they call him.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 6: Is everybody ready whip them over?
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answer. Seth without an answer, Bobby says KFC Randall, M and M's Alex Campbell's, Giannis Campbell's Brodie Campbell's soup. The correct answer is Campbell's soup. The violations occurred between twenty eighteen and twenty twenty four, that's when their canning facility was discharging wastewater containing phosphorus, ammonia E coli, oil, and grease into the Mammie River. The river is Lake Erie's largest tributary, and environ mental groups said the pollution was contributing to the lake's toxic LG blooms. The exact civil penalty for Campbell soup is still pending the outcome of a trial.
Speaker 4: Now, why would all that stuff be coming from?
Speaker 8: To put a silver lining on this? At least that stuff wasn't going into the soup cans or.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I think that's right. It was probably getting in a little bit of both.
Speaker 6: At that point, I.
Speaker 3: Read way too much into you repeating for the listeners.
Speaker 8: That's m apostrophe, m it sends apostrophe.
Speaker 2: When I saw your answer, Randall is like, that's actually even a better answer than the correct answer.
Speaker 3: Eminem's yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Question eight, the topic is cooking. Celebrity chef Emerald Lagassi, whose recipes include venison stew, garlic studded venison, and text mex venison chili, is famous for this three letter catchphrase, Randall has it. Yanni Brody going to their whiteboards.
Speaker 3: Is this one? You have the video? Four?
Speaker 6: Yes, we have a video.
Speaker 8: I was so hopeful that you're going to play part of ace Ventura for us.
Speaker 2: Now this is even better. Okay, this this deserves an Oscar celebrity chef Emerald Legassi, whose recipes include venison stew, garlic studied venison and text mex venison Chili, is famous for this three letter catchphrase.
Speaker 4: We had a we had a spoon rest in our kitchen growing out that had this catchphrase.
Speaker 6: In gray WHOA Okay, Wow.
Speaker 4: My dad was a big Emerald fan.
Speaker 2: I think all dads should be big Emerald fans. Seth, I'm a little surprised you have this one.
Speaker 6: Right, I'm the man of culture. Good ridiculous question. The spelling county are spelling does count?
Speaker 3: Are you trying to make the same noise? Or are they just three letters the correct hit letters out of order?
Speaker 6: I don't know how to spell the noise. Boy.
Speaker 2: Great TV show, Jeff Emerald Legassi. It had a live studio audience, It had a live band there with him. He knew how to get people fired up. I would watch it if it was on TV today.
Speaker 5: I don't think I've ever seen an episode.
Speaker 3: Rachel Ray had a live studio audience.
Speaker 6: She did. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean that part's almost not even relevant for me to bring up, since any Food Network show probably has a live studio audience. And I think I think in the video we're going to show afterwards, you see a young Rachel Ray there. I was like, is that Rachel Ray? And then I watched it a second time, I was like, I think that is Rachel Ray. Big Rachel Ray fan. Is everybody ready looking for the three letter catchphrase? Go ahead and reveal your answers. Seth says bam, Bobby bam, Randall bam, Alex says eh yadny, and Brody say bam. The correct answer is bam, and I appreciate the exclamation points we saw in the room, honest.
Speaker 4: That's going to be your new catchphrase on roast now right?
Speaker 5: Heyoh maybe.
Speaker 2: Emerald Lagassi is an award winning creole chef with a dozen restaurants. He rose to fame in the early nineties when he started hosting the Food Network show How to Boil Water. His signature catch phrase, bam is used to fire up studio audiences when he's seasoning a dish.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm surprised that some hunting influencer hasn't co opted that.
Speaker 6: Hm.
Speaker 2: The bam catchphrase could be you Yanni? All right, Phili scoreboard update. We have two questions left, two left.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's anybody's game. Bobby work way up to two. Alex has three, Seth has four. Heyo, what I'll tie it up in first place with six points. A person are Eannis, Brody and Randall.
Speaker 2: Question nine. The topic is fishing. Name three of the four states that touched the dell Ware River.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Name three of the four states that touch the Delaware River?
Speaker 6: So on?
Speaker 2: I got my mom a Rachel Ray cookbook one year for Mother's Day when I was a kid, and uh, I feel like she's the one who popularized.
Speaker 6: The phrase E v O O extra virgin olive oil.
Speaker 2: Name three of the four states that touch the Delaware River.
Speaker 6: Is that river around north or south or east and west?
Speaker 5: Good question? Anybody?
Speaker 6: Now? Seth? Do you have this one right?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: Randall? Do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: Pretty sure?
Speaker 6: Alex white board down. I've got at least one of those, right. Okay, who's fish this river?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Same?
Speaker 6: Okay. Many times you're gonna tell us about it.
Speaker 2: And after we revealed the answer, Yanni, do you have this one right? Probably not name three of the four states that touched the Delaware River.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not my geography of expertise.
Speaker 2: Bobby, looking confident, though, Yeah, your name.
Speaker 3: Feel good about at least one of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know about all three, Alex, are you ready? Yeah, let's go ahead and reveal your answers. Seth says New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey. Wow, what a show off. Bobby says Delaware, Pennsylvania, New York, Randall Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey. Alex Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Yanni Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Brody Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey. The correct answers are Delaware, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Brody and Seth got that one without even putting Delaware down.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't think of it as a Delaware River.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, that's weird. Good job.
Speaker 2: The Delaware River forms the border of Delaware and New Jersey, New Jersey and Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania and New York. The Delaware River Club says the upper stretch of the River is quote home to the best wild trout fishing east of the Rockies. The middle section is known for its legendary American shad, and the lower stretch is famous for its striped bass seth Delaware River. What were you catching?
Speaker 4: Middle section?
Speaker 2: Take a middle section American shad?
Speaker 5: Yep? Okay? Would you do it? Though? Shad? You know, I don't remember what we did with them? Might threw him back.
Speaker 6: What do you do to catch an American shad?
Speaker 9: We would just get in like runs. They would like kind of stage before, like a quick section of river, and you you would get in there with shad darts and they would just kind of flutter back there in the current and as they were coming up through they would hit them.
Speaker 6: Any bycatch doing that?
Speaker 2: No, we always just jed all right, here's a correct answer. Review so far. One was seventy percent of mammals are nocturnal. Two Reno three Red right Returning four, Buck Commander five Privy six, Miami Dolphins, seven, Campbell Soup eight BAM nine Delaware, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania phil Scoreboard update.
Speaker 4: The honest hit a hurdle at that last question, but he's still in the game. With six points. Brody and Randall have pulled ahead with seven points.
Speaker 2: Final question, Question ten. The topic is hunting. National Deer Association says this six letter plant is quote, perhaps the most popular food plot for deer. Alex Real quick to answer, Seth Real quick to answer, Randall quick to answer.
Speaker 6: And now we race.
Speaker 2: If Randall and Brody can get this one wrong and Yanni can get this one.
Speaker 5: Right, I have it right. Okay, doubt these two are gonna bomb.
Speaker 6: Brody? Do you have this one?
Speaker 7: I have a six letter word, okay, plant that I see deer eating sometimes.
Speaker 2: When I was driving home from Michigan, all I saw in these fields were deer every time. Okay, Randall, do you have this one right?
Speaker 5: You could?
Speaker 3: I don't think so, But I have six letters.
Speaker 5: You could see what it is from the interstate.
Speaker 6: Huh, well, now you're making me second guess.
Speaker 2: Right, we'll find out.
Speaker 8: All the apples on the trees pretty.
Speaker 6: Distinct, and you can you can see that see it from I mean, it's only a few things.
Speaker 2: Says This six let plant is perhaps the most pomp food plot for deer. It's everybody ready, go ahead and.
Speaker 6: Reveal your answers. Seth says Clover.
Speaker 2: Bobby says Clover, Randall says Barley, Alex Clover, Yannis Clover Clover. The correct answer is Clover, just gave it to Brodie Clover. Varieties include arrow, leads, now crimson, ladino, burst, seem red, and more. Its popularity is because it provides high protein, has a long growing season, is highly digestible, fixes its own nitrogen, and is relatively inexpensive. In the right environment, A clover plot can last for five years before it needs to be replanted. Yeah, you got clover plots.
Speaker 5: I do. Well. We just have all of our new roads now that we put in after we did the logging. They're all clovered clover and chickery and oats, I believe. But oats are just there to kind of what variety. Oh, I don't know. I got the the mix, the clover, chickery and oat mixed from my boy over there at Vilacee. Seeded deer like them they do, okay. But I was just gonna say I did an earlier like a road and a turnaround in the woods, maybe four or five years ago. And every spring is the first thing to green up, and the deer and turkeys are in there eating it kin clover.
Speaker 2: That makes Brody today's winner for getting question ten correct. He got eight right answers Yanni and Randall got seven. All right, Brody, what are we gonna do with that five hundred dollars donation?
Speaker 7: Uh, let's send it to the National Deer Association since they got me the win.
Speaker 6: Oh, good for you, Brody. That's a good reason.
Speaker 2: They'll appreciate that putting out all that good material. And how you can best make a food plant that the deer want to eat? Okay, Randy question Join us next week for more meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host, using those smooth mellow tones. He lays them questions down, and he likes taking those two and three year old bucks. And he's an avid amateur
Speaker 6: Rockhow