Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Posted this on Instagram a couple of days ago. The Apple faces longest sales drop in decades as iPhone sales slump, so Apple is confronting its largest sales decline in decades attributed to the slump and iPhone sales. Various factors might be contributing to this downturn, including market saturation, intensified competition from other smartphone manufacturers, and ongoing global supply chain issues. The iPhone has traditionally been significant source of revenue for Apple, and this decline might prompt a reassessment of the strategy or an exploration of new avenues for growth. The situation presents a notable development in the tech industry and stakeholders will be keen to observe how Apple navigates this challenging period. So we've also saw Apples Dot the client last week. Right, So you talk about Apple a lot as far as there's two stocks that everybody should have in your opinion, and those stocks are Apple and Microsoft. Right, Yes, but this is saying that Apple is facing challenges with its number one product, which is the iPhone, and we saw a stock drop a little bit last week. iPhone sales are slowing down. So should this be considered when people are thinking about investing in Apple for the next ten years?
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, Apple, I'm on y'all ass today. I'm usually an Apple avenger and Apple advocate and I still am, but I will say and I think we all can agree. Apple needs extreme innovation and the iPhone I think one of the main reasons why people are not I think the iPhone fifteen comes out in September. Yep, I haven't heard one person on Earth be like I can't wait for the fifteen to drop. These like the Jordan twenty nine. Everybody Jordan, Michael Jordan, Jordan Brand, Marcus Jordan, largely everybody.
Speaker 5: But.
Speaker 4: I don't think anyone is looking forward to it, and even myself, Like when I lost my phone in the ocean, I'm like, well, maybe I have to get a fourteen regular or go get a Sam song for the first time, I'm like, maybe I should go get a Sam song. So I think they need some innovative features in their I phone, at least fifteen features, because for the last let's say what twelve years, Samsung because innovated and created some amazing features and benefits for their phone, and Apple will copy them four or five years later. Secondly, I think they need another Johnny Ive. They need a person that can create an amazing product that looks well, that's super innovative. Third I think they need to make an aggressive push into healthcare, either with a partnership with Eli Lilly or acquiring a smaller player, because they need to start the hedge just in case that they lose that edge in the text space.
Speaker 5: And I think because Tim is a great operator.
Speaker 4: He's not an innovative per se, but he's innovative and how he's done operations, I think Apple's got very comfortable. I'm not gonna lie do I still think it's the greatest publicly traded stock of all time. Yes, a lot of the drop of last week was because of the credit rating, and they were at the top. They hit all time high and I think two or three weeks ago, so they were bound to come down.
Speaker 5: But Apple has for too long has been lagging in their innovation, and they weren't.
Speaker 4: You're not really looking like I think they should have bought Dji a long time ago as well on the camera side for everyone who's making content. But you need more disruptive innovation there in their product line.
Speaker 5: It's just not there.
Speaker 4: Like I feel like the last five iPhones and iPads have been generally the same. Services have done incredibly well. But if the product isn't amazing, the services business is going to fall apart for all of my entrepreneurs, Like, if you have an amazing design, product innovation. I was reading they could have bought mid Journey a couple of years ago and the parameters didn't work out well. That would have been a nice product for them to have in their suite to put into the iPhone.
Speaker 5: So put it there. But I just think they need some.
Speaker 4: Drastic innovation, and they're not exposed too well to the enterprise side. So if I'm looking at it from a contrarian view of what they need to improve, those are the four or five things that they need to fix in order to be a better brand going forward to make me hold on for the next ten years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think you made a great point about they got comfortable, because when they got comfortable, the customer got comfortable. I know Lashati just mentioned a couple of things from competitors, but across the board, smartphone sales are down. Yeah, so I'm not sure if that's the biggest issue. We talk about the supply chain. We watched TSM go down, we saw AMD pull back a little bit, we saw a Qualcom pulled back, and the reason was it wasn't because of the supply the demand. It was that they had too much, right, they had too much, and the demand had slowed down. And so that comfortability is let people to be as comfortable as well. The person that has the iPhone thirteen is not complaining that they need the fourteen. Nope, they're not gonna be complaining that they need the fifteen either, because, like you said, there is no disruptive innovation. Even now, when I looked at the preview for the new one, it's like, all right, this is cool, but my fourteen does just to say the same thing, right, And so like that disruption is not there, which is which is an issue. But we can't like take out the fact that inflation has played a partner, right, because if I have to decide between getting a need or paying fifteen hundred dollars for a cell phone, you're gonna go with the need first, right, It's not a discretionary spend anymore, And so that that plays a part in it as well. But like you said that there are some upsides, right if we look at the company, Yeah, pulled back, but it's still up forty percent for the year. Yeah, we can't ignore that. You talked about the service side, that's up twenty one billion. They make twenty one billion just in services, and so that pays plays a part into it, and then you know we're looking at expansion, and so there was growth outside of.
Speaker 7: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day.
Speaker 8: It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to.
Speaker 7: Safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 8: Ernests What's up?
Speaker 7: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like? The checkout is fast, the re seats are digital, tipping is a breeze and you're out the door before the line even builds.
Speaker 8: Odds are they're using Square?
Speaker 7: We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless.
Speaker 8: Whether it's a local coffee.
Speaker 7: Shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl, don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. Thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 6: Just the United States, the cell phone market has gone down from them the United States, but as four pis in China, it's gone up four percent. They've gone into India, They've gone into Indonesia. So it's kind of what we've been saying for the past month. It's like, yeah, they haven't had the innovative product, and so the new product is like, let's go take over more markets and it's gonna It's just a slow process, but it seems the thing until the division pro.
Speaker 8: The other thing with division pro.
Speaker 2: Is the price point perce point.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Right, So if you got a fifteen hundred dollars phone and now you have a new innovative a piece of equipment that's going to cost thirty five hundred. And when we're talking about the times that we're in, especially with quote unquote recessionary times, you have to take that into account. How many people can now afford that and you will have a population that will but how many people will look at it as a product that they actually need to have, so they you know, they got to take these things into account.
Speaker 8: When when you see Apple pull back.
Speaker 4: Like that, yeah, I mean the last thing I'll say, am I down on the company long term? No? No, Apple, I mean it made thirty eight million dollars an hour this quarter. Like so Apple is printing more money in a month and some companies will do in six months.
Speaker 5: So I still think it's incredibly in rare air.
Speaker 4: But sales are down one point one point four year over a year, and guided lower max are down seven percent even with the MacBook and MacBook Pro MacBook are I think some of the desire to why cell phones are down it's going back to a utility type of product where you felt before you were getting something new. You can't, especially in recession, you can't resell the same thing over and over again, like even for me. And it's like two point five version of stock Club. Like there's thirty four different things that I'm adding just because people need more bang for their buck. And Apple is like a luxury company. So when you have a luxury yes, you can go take over more markets. But at some point the product just needs.
Speaker 5: To be better.
Speaker 4: And we haven't had that innovation yet. And that's why I said, I think you need a Johnny Ive. There was a huge divide an Apple the corporation between if it should be more efficient or if it should be more creative, like Steve was the more creative person.
Speaker 5: Tien was the more the operation.
Speaker 4: You need both, Like even when you got to see the rollouts for invest fast and market Mondays, and I know Joe Budden always criticized my love wrestling intros.
Speaker 5: You need both.
Speaker 4: I got tired of going to conferences on a Sunday and like, here's how to invest in the S and P three. No, you need both. So they need more innovation. The product needs needs to be better. I want to be able to zoom into one hundred x and see the moon like the Samsung can like we need.
Speaker 5: To do more.
Speaker 4: So this is my outcry to Apple and everyone on their board. It's like, please find someone who can create better products at a faster rate so that the sales can improve and be stable as we're going to this time.
Speaker 6: And the reason we talk about the iPhone sales right specifically when we talk about Apples, because if you look at the revenue model, it's fifty percent of the revenue comes from the iPhone sales. But anytime there's a report that they've been declining like they have for the past three quarters, it's going to draw a lot of attention because it's a lot of revenue from the wealthiest company by market cap in the world.
Speaker 2: So we got to pay attention to that.
Speaker 6: Anything that starts to trend negative, like you said, it's not beneficial, and so they got to figure out what it's going to be.
Speaker 8: And from what I've seen from the fifteen I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think I think we I mean.
Speaker 6: The fourth quarter is a strong quarter for them because of the fact that they released it at the end of September and now those sales, you know, go into the next quarter.
Speaker 5: So we'll see.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm sure people the brand loyalty will be strong. Well to see how many people are interested in having the newest product and the price point for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone put in chat what three features would you like to see put in an iPhone that would make you want to buy it?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think they said early next year.
Speaker 6: You know, we saw Google have their their GBT product, and we saw obviously Microsoft with their GBT product. I think by the first quarter of next year. Yeah, that might something that they're trying to have installed inside of the newest phones, and so that might be something that's innovative. We already know what you know, they had Siri, but this is this is something a product that they admittedly said that they've been working on for the past five to eight years. Yeah, and so you know, it's not like they're behind the ball. They're just waiting for the opportunite time to put it out. So we'll see. Maybe that's something that sparks.
Speaker 4: Askual you guys, is from a brand perspective, how long do you think you can get away by being a brand that drops features after your competition. It's worked thus far. I'm not worried about if it's worked thus far. I'm worried about if it can work for the next ten years. Yes, and most we've seen legacy companies ib him PayPal, like some huge corporations that were dominant in the previous decade the next decade not be able to keep up.
Speaker 5: And then here comes Eli.
Speaker 4: Regardless of the lack of efficiency I think he may have, you can't argue about him trying to innovate. Yes, he's missed up which rebranding Twitter and the acts, and he's trying though he's not resting on his laurels though, like the team with the executives at PayPal. So my fear is like can they keep this lead? And we'll talking about Amazon later, because like Amazon in a few years has a chance to be the highest grossing revenue company of all time.
Speaker 5: You can't lose that lead.
Speaker 4: And like I said, if Bezos get off that yacht with that latinga and his wife, hey and come back and run shot because in a recession Amazon, because you're not just competing against those in your class, you're competing against every brand in the world. Amazon is a formidable opponent for Apple as an investor. If they get a celebrity CEO that is trusted and that pipeline continues to be full. AWS continues to be a monster if they lose that number two slot, and then we have Microsoft right on their tail.
Speaker 5: So all right well.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland security,