Speaker 1: I See's Daily Game. It's a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: What's up to SIS? Team? You're listening to?
Speaker 1: The Daily Game a compilation of motivational quotes I've collected over the years that I've found inspiring and helped me through the game of life.
Speaker 2: This quote is about who you surround yourself with.
Speaker 1: If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I can say this in a lot of different ways, but I tell my friends a lot of times, like when I go out, you know, it's one thing that's to be out socially, But if I'm out for business and I'm in a business situation, I want to be the brokest person in the room because that's the only way I can come up. I can only come up being around people that are balling harder than me. Then there may be opportunities for me. If I'm the most wealthy person in the room, then everyone's looking at me for help. That might be the night of philanthropy. That might be by night where I'm literally looking to look out for people. But if I'm trying to come up, I need to be the smaller person in the room. So the bigger fish can give me a ride in the stanmy. So that being said, if I'm the smartest person in the room, how am I going to learn anything? Now, let's flip this on his head. When I walk into a business meeting, I feel that I'm the smartest person in the room till I'm proved otherwise. So, in other words, I don't walk in there with my head between my legs like I'm the dummy. I know I'm on my shit, but now I'm listening to find out who is above my game, and I'm like, okay, he's sharp. Pay attention to him. She's sharp. Okay, this guy, I'm smarter than him. So I walk in there mentally like I'm not the dummy in the room. So I come in there as if I'm the smartest until proved otherwise, and then I now play my position in this game that's going on. You should never shut your own intelligence down. You should always keep it at top shelf. But you always walk in thinking, okay, why am I here? Are these people up on game that I'm not on game? And is this going to be beneficial to me? This is a very difficult one because it's kind of like how you play the game. But just know that if you do decide you're in a room and you're the smartest person, then there's not much you're going to gain out of that room or conversation wise with anybody. Like saying music, if I'm in a room rapping with only rappers I'm better than, I'm not gonna get better. But if I'm in there with people that can rap better than me, or bars are heavy, I'm gonna up my game. My game is gonna get better because now I'm listening to all these cats and I'm like, damn, i gotta step my game up. So it's always good to surround yourself with people that are a little bit better than you. It helps you excel and it helps you step your game up that next level. When I was in the military, they said the generals set with generals because they talk on a certain level. You have to kind of get in a room full of bosses so you could talk boss shit.
Speaker 2: One of the other quotes I read the other day is you.
Speaker 1: Can't talk winning with losers because they speak a different language. This has been another ice code fact from me. Iced team listening again tomorrow when I drop some wisdom on your ass till then. Stay safe, stay smart, and stay knowing. The only way to get better is to surround yourself with people that are better than you.
Speaker 2: Ices Daily Game is.
Speaker 1: A production of iHeart Radio, Final Level of Entertainment and Oddity and Asylum Entertainment Company. The show's executive producer is No supervising producer is Jordan run Talk. If you like what you heard, please subscribe and leave us a review. For more podcasts on iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. Not every quote in this podcast was created by me. Each quote has been researched to find its origin and give proper credit to its creator