Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty. I'm strong and Jackie enough, he armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: We are always going to be merely human, just normal human people who need our mom.
Speaker 1: Mama, Mama, if you're listening, we need you to come home. We missed you. That's Annie Guthrie, Savannah Guthrie's sister, from a video of the family put out yesterday about four minutes long. Not exactly sure what all the goals were in there, but part of the goal was to reach out to potential kidnapper kidnappers and the start a conversation. The leading theory seems to be that they're not in conversations with the kidnapper, despite the reporting of a ransom note existing, because that only went to news outlets and not to the family.
Speaker 3: Well, and it's not clear that it was the same note that went to both outlets. The local TV stations seems more legit.
Speaker 1: There might be one hundred different probably are at this point, oases, etc. Yeah. John Miller is one of the few reasons to ever tune into CNN former FBI. He was on like what was he on Law and Order CSI He was a TV star for a while way back in the day. Yeah, and then he went back to cable news. Pretty sure he was. Anyway, here's John Miller on the story.
Speaker 4: You start off with proof of life. Can you show me a picture? Can you put the victim on the phone? Can you send us a recording? If not, that you can drill down to. I'm going to send you three questions. These are questions that only the victim would know. And you know, you try to test that kidnapper who's in the middle of a money demand and say, how can you prove two things to us? One that you're real that you are the person who has or had her, and two that she's still alive?
Speaker 1: And those are important tests. Yeah, that's all with the assumption that it's somebody that had a thought out plan to make money or what you know, you hope that that's the case. At least then you got a shot as opposed to it's just some weirdo, crazy person that thinks Savannah Guthrie was you know, specifically talking to him through the TV or who knows what?
Speaker 3: Oh lord, Yeah, well, even the first scenario I think by far, the most likely thing is that some half wit who decides he's a criminal genius who realizes almost immediately he's bitten off way more than he can chew, especially given poor missus Guthrie's health status. So he's got a very sick, elderly woman who could have.
Speaker 1: Died on his hands, and then he's like, what are I know? Right? Yeah, that's not unlikely, No, it's not. The Sheriff's department did not have a press conference yesterday, which I think is perfectly fine because they didn't have anything to say, but being criticized a lot, of course by your cable news show armchair quarterbacks who have to fill the hour with no new information on the story with something it's completely enoughheard of to not have a press conference. I don't know what kind of amateur hour we're dealing with here, you know, that sort of stuff. But they're having a press conference today, which to me is fine. But although I did hear the sheriff asked what I hear mask that I was somewhat troubled by. I mean, it's not his fault. How would all you do who've never been, you know, had a microphone stuck in your face with five TV cameras around you, when you start getting grilled on stuff, I mean, that's it's a tough position to be and if you've never done it before. But he was asked about if you if you think she's still alive, and he said, yeah, I think so. H are you basing that on anything? And then uh, And then the reporter asked him, I thought this was an awful question, but there is the possibility she's dead. And he said, oh yeah, of course, thought what what is what is that? What is that conversation? Idiotic? I think that's that for Oh yeah, what what's what? A stupid question? Turn in your reporter card such a thing exists? Probably not. Don't report on anything ever again, go home, get a new job. Ashley Banfield, who used to be a big deal way back in the day. For some reason, I don't remember what she was. She was reporting with a headscarf on in Iraq at the beginning of the war or something. Anyway, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: She was at the very tail end when CNN was at all respectable.
Speaker 1: She is a hack and here's her speculating over the last couple of days.
Speaker 5: One law enforcement source, very connected, highly regarded impeccable credentials. Knowledge of this investigation says that thomaso Cioni, Annie P. Guthrie's husband, maybe the prime suspect in this case. In Annie's vehicle has been towed, impounded and is now in evidence. At the very least, let me tamp that down, because sometimes it's the first person you're looking at, not prime, as in there's no one else, Okay, so let's be really mindful of that. Families are always looked at first as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're tamping down a rumor that you're starting. Correct. So that crying woman you just heard from at the beginning of this segment, Annie whose mom is missing and I'm sure their worried is already dead, her husband killed mom. According to Ashley Banfield, that's the prime suspect. Nobody else is reporting that at all. So only Ashley and as Joe pointed out earlier, and we're supposed to believe that somebody at a level where they would have the knowledge of who the prime suspect is decided to leak it and chose Ashley Banfield as the way to get it out, but nobody else. I'm not talking telling the New York Times or NBC News or any of the many heavyweight nom Gonna go with Ashley Banfield in her podcast for who the prime.
Speaker 3: Suspect is, even though the very knowledgeable miss Banfield pointed out that no, that might just be the first person they're looking at. I think the whole thing is hogwashed. The world oh click baity podcasts has realized there's no premium for telling the truth. There's no particular The other way to put it is, there's no particular penalty for lying constantly.
Speaker 1: A lot of the top podcasts in the world lie constantly, you know what, And I can understand. I hate it. I wouldn't do it. We don't do it. But I can see how if I'm just a regular person and I got a couple of different news outlets covering this story that I find jazzy enough to get my attention every single day, and one of them says they know who a prime suspect is. That's what I'm going to listen to, yep, even though it's crap. And how about that poor guy most likely as upset as his wife, really worried about his wife and how upset she is, and some hack on a podcast is claiming he's the prime suspect. How's that fun thing to deal with? I'm sure that's gotten back to the family. Yeah, maybe i'llo her crappy podcast. She's part of the News Nation team. I guess they played a podcast. Does a podcast under their I wasn't digging under Rocks for Ashley Banfield's podcast. They played that on News Nation for their morning news show today. Wow. Wow, I think that's really out of bound. And you can't you can't be claiming family members did it unless you got some real solid information that that's what the I said, A high high source only told me this, only told me hack Ashley Banfield. Correct, not John Miller, CNN hack, who's got all kinds of non hack hack network FB high connections and all kinds of people at the very highest levels. Don't tell him, tell Ashley Banfield. Right, that's out all that's out of line. I couldn't do that. So what what's your what's your working theory? My working theory?
Speaker 3: Right after a word from Prize Picks, they're offering what they call a big Game Max discount.
Speaker 1: It's it's essentially a one inch pot.
Speaker 3: This week, Prize Picks is a special max discount live in the app now. Drake May, quarterback for the Patriots, needs just one passing yard for the max discount to win. Just add one other player to your lineup, pick more or less on their stat projection, and you can cash in.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this, if Drake May does not get a single passing yard, I do not like the Patriots chances. They got this cool thing with price picks now where you can copy lineups. Like if you know somebody who's really good at this, you can just copy their lineup. How cool is that? Or use it as an inspiration and your league might be over.
Speaker 3: But with prize Picks, you don't have to wait until next year's draft to keep playing fantasy. Prize Picks let you play fantasy football every week, even in the playoffs. Onto Basketball, Baseball, et cetera. Download the prize picks afterday. Use the coat Armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. It's the coat Armstrong to get fifty bucks in lineups after you play just five prize picks.
Speaker 1: It's good to be right. So we're on in various stations in Arizona and all over the country. And you know, I don't say this hoping the I hope the family doesn't hear it or anything like that. This is just me treating this like a TV show, not like real human beings, I guess. But I think the most likely thing is they find the poor old woman dead somewhere. I think everybody's yeah, agreed on that they find her, you know, out in the bushes in the desert. He killed her, or she died on her own and he dumped her there. And then eventually they'll find the scumbag, maybe with a bullet in his head, who knows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the history of these crimes is full of would be criminal geniuses who are actually half wits, and they botch everything, and it just it's it's awful.
Speaker 1: How often is it kidnapping successful? Anyway? How often do you actually are you actually able to on both sides get what you want? You want your loved one back, the other person wants the money and to get away. I wonder how often that actually happens, because the old the trade off, you know, as a classic how the hell do you do it? You walk across a bridge with a briefcase, and the person with their hands tied or whatever you do. But it always requires some trust on both sides, and how often does it ever actually work? It's got the percentage has got to be incredibly low. Yeah, I would guess it's it's very, very small. Yeah, the world of cryptocurrente has made the money exchange much safer for the monster. I mean, ransomware attacks.
Speaker 3: Are essentially, you know, kidnapping a computer system, and it's pretty easy to get paid these days. We've seen a ton of those obviously, but you'd.
Speaker 1: Still have to have some trust involved there, because I'm not one hundred percent. Yeah I'm not. You know, I'm not sending you the money until I know you got her or you're going to give her back to me. And he's saying, well, I'm not sending you the money. I mean, on the first one you can figure out, the second one you can't. Right, You've just got to hope they come through, and their lives would be easier if they drop off the victim, as opposed to you know, adding murder to their many charges. It's grim. It's a horrible crime. Yeah, but the likelihood of success so low. It's amazing that it happens very often. Back to my half wit spree. That is the problem. It's a moron, some moron from Arizona who heard that Savannah Guthrie's mom lives in that neghborhood over there. I know what I'll do, says the moron. Yeah.
Speaker 3: On a lighter note, because everything's a lighter note. Are you looking for a side hustle. Here's this medical facility that lets patients get drunk, stoned or trip on drugs, watch sports, and eat potato chips so they can be studied.
Speaker 1: It a college. It's just a college dorm. The details coming up. Stay with us.
Speaker 2: Strong.
Speaker 1: We have found a one hundred and fifty year old bottle of alcohol to eighteen seventies eighteen nineties. This is the era we're dealing with.
Speaker 4: It's in reasonably good shape, I would say, after sitting for one hundred and fifty years.
Speaker 1: You know, very very slight vinegar. When we're smelling the cork giver shot doesn't smell that kind of an oxidized fruit. Note, it's fruity. That's beer. There is a little bit of leather. You have to try it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, beer's beer because it's kind of as like a yeasty element in the background.
Speaker 1: Cati, you are making funny face to the people tasting me one hundred and fifty year old bottle of wine.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing alcohol. They just don't know what it is. That's the whole point, and they think it's beer.
Speaker 1: At the end. You never want something with a yeasty element. I'm getting. I'm getting notes of reconstruction with a little bit of a getting a little McKinley in there. I'm getting a set up just so. The aftertaste of Custar's last stand uh wow, years old. You see, I'm not sure I would ingest that. I don't think I would either, No, even if it was tasted by like somebody to make sure it wasn't poison.
Speaker 3: At this point, I was just gonna say, hey, Michael, get ready with the harp noise.
Speaker 1: One hundred and fifty years ago today, Hey.
Speaker 3: Ma, I'm gonna store this rat poison in this here bottle.
Speaker 1: You don't be drinking anything a problem. Why do you keep all your urine in bottles, jip. I just feel like I should keep my urine for posterity. Need it. Don't question me. Woman. Now in the modern day, I'm detecting eastinoes. Wow. Oh, nice old Jeb and.
Speaker 3: His urine saving proclivities. Oh boy, speaking of drinking. Looking for a side hustle, why don't you give a call to the new north Well Health Medical Facility in Long Island, New York, where patients are being given the greenlight to get quote frat house high on magic mushrooms, MDMA, and cannabis while watching sports and chowing down on chips, all in the name of medical science.
Speaker 1: Now, oh, I don't know what MDMA. There's another thing my kid could be doing. I don't even know.
Speaker 3: Nevermber Molly Holly ecstasy ish, says the director of the Manhassan based Feinstein Family Human Neuropsychopharmacology Lab. It's easy for you to say, we're studying full doses that produce anywhere from a four to six hour trip. They're trying to assess different substances ability to treat things like schizophrenia, schizophrenia and social anxiety.
Speaker 1: Many of those treat social anxiety. I can attest to this. The venture focuses on, at least briefly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it focuses on naturalistic environments that embody either the comfort of one's living room where patient's gonna get stoned, or a live bar setting for getting drunk, completely complete with high deftvs showing sports, highlights, snacks and refills on demand.
Speaker 1: Do you really need to do this? Can you just ask a whole bunch of people who've lived that lifestyle a lot questions.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to explain the science to you. Okay, all right. They have to answer questions. They'll have to report on their mood state. There's downtime when they can enjoy them.
Speaker 1: So has amorous hungry?
Speaker 3: You got a boyfriend, I'm asking you a questions? So they give them big old doses a psilocybin, the main component of magic mushrooms, et cetera, cetera.
Speaker 1: Here's my favorite part.
Speaker 3: The center has two dedicated rooms to monitor different drug users that are tailored to make the users of the substances feel especially cozy. One room has bluish mood lighting for someone tripping on psychedelics. Well, another room is let in green for cannabis. Let's see, So you get hammered and then and they want you to be in a comfortable environment like you would be in.
Speaker 1: Like a comfortable chair in front of a television.
Speaker 3: Then they observe you through one way glass in a series of cameras then at once at some point they like start quizzing you and make you memorize like a sequence of numbers, or that there's a test driving simulator that'd be fun. But making me do like memory acrobatics when I'm like super high. Oh, so, after people had some drinks, we asked them to remember a string of numbers, do addition, or make choices out of a series of choices that are available to them.
Speaker 1: Choices like bittercreen, choices like her or her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, it's probably much more anodyne than.
Speaker 1: That, but wow, it looks pretty nice. Got a big, old big screen watching TV there. So CBS did a report on self driving cars last night. I thought it was kind of interesting. You want to touch on that also, I don't know if you know Philosopher Bertrand Russell. He was born back when they made that booze late eighteen hundreds. Anyway, his description of socialism I came across over the weekend I thought was one of the best I've ever heard. I'm going to use it for the rest of my life to describe it. I love that. Among other things, we got on the way and plus a new feature at in our four of the show. Yes, we do four hours come for sure, these untied States.
Speaker 3: It's an amigram for these United States. Some of the whackier crap going around going on around the country.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, I like that. Laboratories of Democracy, Fantastic, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: Microsoft founder Bill Gates apologizing for his association with sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, saying he regrets every minute they spent together.
Speaker 1: I was foolish to spend time with him. I was one of many people who ever knowing him.
Speaker 6: Gates said he never witnessed or took part in any inappropriate behavior. He insists his relationship with Epstein was focused on raising money for global health.
Speaker 1: Now his ex wife, we played that clip yesterday. She was on a podcast earlier in the week saying that's the reason they divorced. That's the reason she left her husband. She obviously believed he was doing something creepy, right, Yeah, at.
Speaker 3: The very least hanging out in places where people hooked up and had sex. The number of folks who persisted in being in contact with Epstein from all walks of life is really interesting, including several like of the highest members or officials in the Labor Party in Britain, and it was all about monetary connections, all about money flowing back and forth and insider trading tips and doing favors and that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the one elon the email from elon, Hey, you got any wild parties coming up? I need to Yeah. I think he said something like I need to let loose or something like that, I've been working so much or something like that. And that's like it. I mean, is that enough to assume that he means I want to go to the island and have sex with seventeen year old girls. No, no, I see a lot of people. Well I can't help them. By the way, the interesting part of that email was sent on Christmas morning, December twenty fifth, whatever the Christmas Who gets up on the twin fift things? Man, I need to go to Jeff Epstein's island. All that rapping and eggnug hey, I need to break So A I don't care, and B I give up.
Speaker 3: But there seems to be this assumption among people that every single day everything he did included a nude seventeen year old Epstein.
Speaker 1: Well, the only reason it's not true the only reason I bring this up is I've had two this week people I know and like, who gently prodded me that they're a little disappointed at how flippant we are about this story compared to everybody else, Republicans and Democrats.
Speaker 3: Really, what version of it are we talking about? Well, that's what I always have to ask. Yeah, I know, that's that's the problem I have.
Speaker 1: So one, I don't believe there's a giant global child sex trafficking, rape dismemberment ring at all. So that's off the table. That includes the Bushes, the Obama's, Israel and everything I got. That's off the table. It's known that Jeffrey Epstem, you know, forced women that were, you know, teenagers under eighteen into situations where they were alone with men and had to have sex with them and all this sort of stuff. We know that happened, which is awful. That's why he was in jail and ended up hanging himself as is ms Maxwell. Yes, but if he also had women who were and I assume this is true, willingly there knowing exactly what they were getting into. They were over the age of eighteen, hanging out with super rich dudes, who were they were willing to do things with because it makes for a cool lifestyle. Am I supposed to be super upset about that. I don't like that. I don't dig that. But it's not against the law right exactly. And that's what I was hinting at.
Speaker 3: Ask any NBA player about parties where women are more than willing to be sexually available, including young women, not underage women, but very young women. It's just it's not crazy in the circles of the super rich. So if Elon Musk said, hey, you haven't any of your big parties, I'll bet Elon. I'll bet Jeffrey Epstein had unbelievable blowout parties with booze and food and hot looking models and all sorts of stuff in which there were no seventeen year olds at all.
Speaker 1: Actually, Elon said something to that effect the other day on a podcast. He said, trust me, if I need to find companionship, it's not hard given my name and recognition and everything like that. I'm sure true. He's the richest man in the world, also a pretty decent looking guy, and the richest man in the world. I don't think he probably needs I think he specifically said, I don't need Jeffrey Epstein to facilitate me getting companionship. I'm sure that's true, right, Although facilitate getting underage companionship, you might need somebody if that's what he wanted, but I don't have. But there's no proof of that whatsoever.
Speaker 3: And you know what nobody has talked about, because as soon as it's found out that whomever, and there's a kind of a long list grown right now who claimed, oh yeah, I dropped any contact with him immediately after the conviction or whatever, we haven't been in contact.
Speaker 1: Then it turns out you've been sending emails for years. Yeah, all sorts of folks like that.
Speaker 3: They continued the contacts, the relationship, et cetera. I want a handful of them to explain it honestly, which I'm not going to get.
Speaker 1: But say, Howard Lutnix one of them. He's the one we played the clip back in the day of you know, I went over there and ate a massage table in the middle of his house and we left right away. And I told my wife after we left the house, since we got out on the sidewalk, I said, we are never talking to that guy again. And then there are emails of him communicating with Epstein after I want to hear them explain it.
Speaker 3: The guy was so incredibly well connected you just could hardly avoid it in the New York financial circles. Or I don't know, he's just so charming, or he told me he thought the girl was eighteen that he got convicted for.
Speaker 1: Or I just want them to explain it.
Speaker 3: What does the poll this guy have And no, it's not that he works for the IDF.
Speaker 1: By the way, stop it. One other thing on Epstein before we move on Bill and Hillary Clinton apparently, Oh, while they agreed to testify, I don't know what specifically they're going to be asked about, but they're really pushing to make it public. So currently it's going to be filmed behind closed doors and then I guess we get to see it and there will be a transcription, but they want it to be public. I think it's pretty interesting that they're pushing for it to be public.
Speaker 3: Alle hundred percent yeah, because they don't want what they say characterized by James Comer. They want the exact quotes there. And they go in knowing they're not going to get us for anything. We got either a we got nothing that they can use or B there's nothing they can use that are going to come out of our mouths.
Speaker 1: I also think they both are pretty confident in their ability to handle themselves in that situation. Verbally, Yeah, and they'd love to have that live. Yeah, let's get it on now. I don't know how sharp Bill still is. He's pretty dang old. Yeah, Yes, what order do I want to do this in? Maybe I'll just skip to this. Do I do that alphabetical? So here's the story they had on CBS News like last night that I wanted to comment on about the rapidly approaching future of self driving cars.
Speaker 2: You've seen the viral videos self driving cars not following the rules of the road. Tuesday, Senator Ed Markey sent letters to seven autonomous vehicle companies demanding answers about safety and oversight. The Massachusetts Democrat is pushing two measures, one requiring more transparent currency and another requiring companies to certify their vehicles as safe. Tesla and Weimo have aggressive expansion plans, but warn every year China becomes a bigger and bigger competitor. Weimo says it's self driving vehicles are ten times less likely to be involved in a serious injury accident than a human driver.
Speaker 1: There was a lot about that. I thought it was interesting, and they touched mostly on Weimo and Tesla in their battle to be the dominant self driving car out there. And they talked about how there are currently lots of state laws. They're fifty different states with different laws, and Ted Kruz was saying, we need to have a uniform because cars, you know, cross state boundaries all the time, so we need to have some sort of uniform national something or other. But everybody sounded like they were trying to get to zero mistakes. Are you certified to be completely mistake free? I'm not. I was just going to.
Speaker 3: Say, what does that mean? They need to certify it as safe? That sounds like grand standy Congress bullcraft.
Speaker 1: Outside of a very easy to clear low bar to get a driver's license, none of us are certified as as safe as these self driving cars are. So it's interesting. It's interesting. I don't want self driving cars happen because I think they're going to force us into them. That's what I'm worried about. I think it's inevitable, but I just wish it wouldn't happen, and it's going to be very hard to argue you argue against it because it is going to be safer. One thing about the whole safe thing though, on the stats of ten times safer? Are you is it ten times safer than those of us who've never had a major crash or all the people that have never had a crash, or is it ten times safer than you know, the worst drivers out there now, the entire universe of driver. Well, I know that's what it is, but I would love to hear that comparison though. It's a really you if you took if you check out the most crash prone bottom ten percent of human drivers, then I wonder what the difference would be. It wouldn't ten times.
Speaker 3: For the record, stop expressing fractions as multiples.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's that's a really good question. I was just thinking about what an incredible boon to the elderly self driving cars will be and a drunk and drunks, the old and the drunk. Yes, And as an old drunk, trust me, I'm.
Speaker 1: Enthusiastic about this. Yeah, I just it sounded to me like the senator they were talking to has like a zero tolerance policy for any mistakes for self driving cars. When we've got you know, people staring at their phones at eighty five miles an hour, we even in out of traffic all over the country.
Speaker 3: You know what AI needs to do, This is brilliant. This is my billion dollar idea. AI needs to develop a three question test that it can immediately spin out on any topic. So if a congressman starts talking about self driving cars, they get that through quick three question test to determine whether they have any freaking idea what they're talking about. And if they failed the test, they're not allowed to talk. Or you know, you use it at cocktail parties or whatever, but you know, or people answering poll questions you think Trump's tariffs have been a good thing or bad thing?
Speaker 1: Before you answer, I got three questions. They featured the story we had this the other day in California, a waimo hit a six year old boy. Well, the six year old boy darted out behind a parked car. Nobody could have stopped. Weaimo made the argument that the reaction time of the computer was significantly faster than any human could have reacted. It was a fraction right, and but it's presented as like show, has anybody ever in their lives turned the wrong way down a one way street? Of course you have. Yeah, if Waimo does it or Tesla does it, it makes the news and they act like proof that you can't have self driving cars. There isn't anybody that hasn't ever done that in their life, right right, Yeah, I agree completely with your premise.
Speaker 3: I think it's worth dwelling at least for a second on the nature of journalism and speech perception that that Weaimo incident in which and we talked about this at fair length, but the car reacted in a super human tiny span of time, ended up bumping the kid at a speed that would hardly break an egg, and the kid was fine.
Speaker 1: Put a human driver behind that wheel.
Speaker 3: The headline ought to be way Mo saves child's life in situation where a human driver would have killed the child.
Speaker 1: Long headline, you see my point. If the human hit the brakes at all, might have been checking your uh, what's the next song on my phone? Oh boy, kid's dead? Yeah. To present it, yeah, exactly. They had videos last night. We've all seen the videos. There's a way Mo going the wrong way down a one way street, and I thought, yeah, I've done that, everybody's done that. So but this makes the evening news. I don't probably. I just wonder how. I just want if we have the structure to allow that to happen. The self driving car, I don't know. I don't know. I use mine every single day. It's it's and I never thought I wanted it or needed it, and now that I have it, I use it every day. Yeah, I'm kind of jealous of that, honestly.
Speaker 3: So quick on air meeting, I've got too many tabs open.
Speaker 1: Is it likely we're going to get back to the.
Speaker 3: French guy who was in the hospital with a World War One artillery shell in his rectum. No, because if not, I will go ahead and close that tab.
Speaker 1: Twenty four year old frenchman and it didn't explode on.
Speaker 3: Him, no, sir, but they had to close the hospital because he had well. I think I mentioned an unexploded eight inch long World War One artillery shell.
Speaker 1: I don't remember having the length.
Speaker 3: I think I may have left that out the initial chat of the story, and I apologize for it. I feel like I wouldn't have forgotten that well, and the picture of it well, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: This we know if it was British, German or French.
Speaker 3: It doesn't say probably German, as the Germans used the French quite effectively.
Speaker 1: There for a while here, what you're gonna hear? What you're suggesting? All right? I do want to get to that definition of social isn't it been a bunch of other stuff we got coming up? Stay here? So I came across this explanation of socialism. It was an old YouTube video from black and white from way back in the day from this guy Bertrand Russell, who I've heard of but didn't know that much about. He's a very famous philosopher, one of the most important philosophers of the twentieth century. Born in eighteen seventy two, so I mean, that's how far it goes back. He lived almost one hundred years, so there were, you know, YouTube videos of him in the fifty sixties and seventies. Obviously kind of a wacky guy. He was a pacifist. I'm always amazed by how many super smart people are passifists, because it seems like the odd ideology but nit wit to me, but it doesn't make any sense, and other things. But anyway he went. He thought communism seemed like a good idea, and so he went over to the Soviet Union. He was very old, remember, so back in the hey. He went over and he met Lenin and talked to him everything like that. And he was in the Soviet Union and he saw it in practiced and thought this is awful and figured out what it is. And Marx himself, he said, was not inspired by kindly feeling. That's the way it's always presented Marxism. It's to help the lower classes. Marx and people who believe in it pretend that they want the happiness of the proletariat. What they really want is the unhappiness of the bourgeois. Ah. And that is the best explanation I've ever heard of what's going on there. They presented as Mumdanni's like that. They presented as like, no, I want to help the downtroden. Know what I want to do is I want to stick it to the people who've got something that they're They're driven by their anger toward the people who have been successful and a stuff right more than they are by helping the lower classes, which helps me explains a lot of the policies that you think, well, how is that going to help the lower class. It's not. They just want to stick it to the rich.
Speaker 3: Including the interesting and twisted children of wealth, who turned to these philosophies and advocates, sometimes violently for them. Is at Tybee brilliantly phrased at the upper class twits promoting revolution period.
Speaker 1: Bertrand Russell met Lenin and was disturbed. What he saw is the Bolsheviks willingness to use cruelty and deception to maintain power. He wrote a famous book called The Practice and Theory of Bolshevism that it always will lead to authoritarian rule ding blah blah blah, and he said. He criticized Marxist theory of the state withering away, You'll no longer have a state and we'll be free as unrealistic, arguing that concentrating power in the hands of a revolutionary vanguard will lead to tyranny rather than liberation. Obviously, ding, who's going to enforce this? Somebody?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Well, and with the state and control of everything, the state's control apparatus, it has got to be super muscular.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Obviously, that really hit me as like made sense, though, because I've never quite understood how you're so motivated to because your anger at the successful, that's what motivates you. Where does that come from? And that I don't get, but it's clearly the case. Where does it come from in general? And where does it come from in the rich kids. That's why tax the billionaires or all those sorts of things work so well. Even if it doesn't help you a bit, it's just at least they got the ldures I hate those people are successful.
Speaker 2: We will replace the frigidity of rugged individualism with the warmth of collectivism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yes, that'll work this time. Socialism sucks. It's always miserable, it always fails, and it always ends up in tyranny, and yet many young people are attracted to it. Could it be because neuroscientists have revealed gen zers are the first generation since records began to be kept, to be less intelligent than their parents.
Speaker 1: Have to get into this in hour four, How is that possible with modern nutrition and everything.
Speaker 3: Oh, my friend, I'll explain it to you exactly. Plus Oregonians get our four. We're gonna touch on some Portland and Oregon news. That's pretty important. Subscribe to our podcast, Armstrong and Getty on demand, follow us, give us a nice five star review.
Speaker 1: Perhaps Armstrong and Getty