Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: By from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike semper vb Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it all.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three Pacific six Eastern Saturday mornings with a Jim Valley, Tenday Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. It's Wednesday here in the show. You know that means we got a lot to talk about. Brian Rose on the chat says slow news day. I don't know if he's being sarcastic, but I got shows. We're the material that I need to fit into an hour. And I will say this, if you don't like complaining, I suggest you just don't listen to the first at least half of this show. I am mad, but we'll get into that. We got dynamite tonight SmackDown Friday All Out coming up this weekend. NXT Last Night. It is a source of much higher add a bunch of news to talk about as well. Janelle Grant will not appear in the upcoming at Netflix docu series on Vince McMahon. I was online yesterday. Everybody was up in arms and she wasn't asked. She was asked, but she's not going to be on it, and there's probably a logical reason for that. But we can discuss that a lawsuit has been filed against ae W by Kevin Kelly and the Tate Twins. When I first heard the story, I was like, who are the Tate Twins? Well, they're the boys. I did not know that, but now I do. Just we'll tell you about that. Hulk Hogan was on Impulsive, Dear God, slow news day talk for years. We got the SmackDown and Rampage ratings. EO Sky is a new champion, Yes that's true. Adam Copeland, Jamie Hater talk about their injuries. And we'll see how much of NXT I want to review here today, But if you want Texas four to five seven eight zero seven, five sixty six, it's four two, five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. I'm in a mood, back in a moment, Observer livey.
Speaker 4: That that's the sound of uncertainty lurking under your hood. You know the feeling, I know, I do that sudden sinking sensation When you see a check engine light or your car unexpectedly breaks down and you're faced with sky high repair bill, it's time to shield against unexpected repairs with Carshield. Carshield as America is most trusted all the protection company and has an a rating with a Better Business Bureau. Don't let the fear of a breakdown keep you up at night. Trust the Shield, car Shield, and say goodbye to terrifying repair business and hello to peace of mind. Your plan also comes with twenty four to seven roadside assistance, courtesy tolling, rental car options, and so much more. Don't wait till it's too late. Call Carshield now before a breakdown, protect your wallet, protect your car with Carshield, get our best protection ever. Call now. You'll thank me later. Eight hundred four to two five two three one seven, eight hundred four to two five two three one seven. That's eight hundred four to two five twenty three seventeen.
Speaker 5: Every one watches more than five hours of television really, and that's not counting mobile viewing. Get Dish TV and make that time worth it. With Dish you can get hundreds of channels, access to all kinds of sports, tons of movies, premium channels, and more. Another thing that's really cool with Dish is you can watch most of your favorite shows on your mobile device anywhere for a lot less than cable.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 5: We are asking you to watch more TV and not less TV, but make it better television with Dish this time, anytime, anywhere. So call right now and learn how easy it is to save on your television bill and get the most out of your TV viewing experience. Dial that number, and I promise you were here waiting for your call because we want to save you money and give you better television. We are Dish TV.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight, eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight. That's eight hundred two nine three zero three twenty eight.
Speaker 6: I'm holding in my hand the American silver Eagle dollar. It's a beautiful piece of American history and it's one ounce of silver originally minted in nineteen eighty six. These coins are a beautiful, classic piece of American history, and they're a great investment you should add to your portfolio. The beauty of silver is that, however much you have available to invest, silver is affordable and easy to acquire, with one coin costing around thirty dollars. So if you choose to invest a few thousand in silver, you can get quite a bit for your money, and you'll have a tangible asset that you can hold one you can be proud to own. Claim your piece of American history with American silver Eagle dollars. Call the Silver Hotline right now.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred six two oh one six two four, eight hundred six two oh one six two four, eight hundred six two oh one six two four. That's eight hundred six two oh sixteen twenty four.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Here in the show, Brian Alvarez, here, Wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 3: You're in a good mood.
Speaker 1: I am like I thought I'd be cooled off by this morning. But I'm not. I am not. I freaking hated NXT. I absolutely absolutely hated that show. Do you remember, probably about four years ago, like I just quit reviewing NXT. It was like NXT two point zero.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I was gonna have a day off, we didn't have to do this anymore.
Speaker 1: I was so sick of this show and I quit. And then you know, they ended up revamping it and I'm getting a lot better, and I keep I've said it over and over again, like I so badly want to like this show, and it's one of those deals where for a lot of people, it's probably not a big deal at all, but it just absolutely drives me crazy, and it's something that would take seconds to just fix, and they won't. I watched that show last night, and I'm not going back. I refuse to go back. But it was about, I don't know, halfway through I started to notice not a single time did they identify anybody in any backstage segment on this show. No, people are just showing up and they're talking. And I've said it before, like either put a graphic on the screen or somebody needs to say somebody's name. All right, I'm not that old I don't have brain damage. Okay, I know who most of the people are in the show, but I still don't remember everybody because there's like ninety people on the show. What is the frickin' bookworm's name? God help me? What is his name?
Speaker 3: Do you want me to tell you?
Speaker 1: What is it? Thank you? Deon Lennox who.
Speaker 3: I Deon Lexis earlier when I was trying to figure just sitting.
Speaker 1: There on a box and then he walks up and makes some comment and walks off. It's like his third appearance in six months, third appearance in six months. They don't identify the guy. And then the real pinnacle to me was they had a segment in the back and I am not making this up, as God is my witness, there were thirteen women on the screen at the same time, thirteen They didn't identify anybody. And at that point I was like, you know, forget it, screw the show, Like why am I watching this? And you know what makes me so mad about it? Forget me, okay, forget me whatever. You want to troll me or you're just stupid. I don't know what the difference is, Like, I don't know which is worse. Are they trolling me or are they stupid? Like which is worse? Okay, fine, forget it. You realize they were like a month away from them moving to the CW. The CW is on network television. Okay. I'm not saying that they're gonna get like a billion viewers or anything like that whatever, but you know there's a good chance that you're gonna get some new eyeballs on the CW and you're just gonna throw out eighty different people and not identify any of them. Yes, we gotta do your new viewers. You know you're gonna get no new viewers. Why is this so hard? I went back during the commercial break because I was like, am I out of my mind here? I went back and I turned on Raw. Okay, you know how ROS starts, and it starts with Wayde Barrett introducing the fans to Joe Tessitur. Okay, he says the guy's name first off. That's a good start to this, like identify the guy verbally, and then there's a giant cry on there, Hey Joe Tessitour. Wow. So what's next? Okay? Next is a scene where everybody enters the building. Okay, who enters the building. Gunther, Gunther right there on the bottom of the screen. The world champion got identified. Gunther. Okay, you know what walks in next? See him Punk? See him Punk right down there at the bottom. Hey, that's CM Punk. See him freaking Punk gets identified? Switch that. Next, there's the bookworm. No freaking clue. This guy is no graphic. I have no idea. No one says his name, like, he's just a guy doing skits. I'm like, whatever, why do I bother? What's going on here? What are you doing? Bro? I've told this story a thousand times. What I was a kid, maybe five times. I've told this story more times than than I I've identified that bookworm. When I was a kid, I had a backyard promotion and we got in public access television. Okay and ay much, but you know back then there weren't that many channels. If you had cable, you had maybe thirty channels. Well one of them was public access. My show was on there to the point where, like I went to Spencer's once in the mall, I got recognized, so people like watch the show. It's like cool, Why I had no money? Do you understand? You know much money I had? My teens. I didn't have nothing. I had a job, but it wasn't like I was filthy rich.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I had a little money, lived at home, okay, but with my no frickin money, I got one of those little video catalogs, you know, video production. I didn't even know how much. It's like four hundred dollars, you know much four hundred dollars was in nineteen ninety three a lot man as will be three thousand dollars to day. And I was broke, Okay, I went out of my way. I scrounged and saved and taught snot nosed kids how to do flips, which I'm still bitter about to this day. And I bought what was called it was like the this is literally the name of it, the title Maker two thousand. Because it was the nineties, it seeing so high tech, man waiting, we see what we can do in the so anyway, I bought a title maker two thousand. So on my stupid nothing happening public access wrestling television show, film, and a gymnastics facility. I could put graphics on the screen. Hey, here's the Beast, here's the Psycho. This is a white WF championship match. I did all that. These people in a freaking multi billion dollar company. They can't put graphics on the screen for their NXTTV show that they're paid fifty seventy million dollars a year whatever, And how much I was paid to be on public accessing. I pay to do it. All I put on there for free. I got nothing out of it. I still invested in a title maker so the viewers could know who everybody was. These nerds, Oh, everyone knows the bookworm. You know, he's been on TV three times. He's the guy he takes his glass off, He's Superman. You told me his name twenty minutes. If I don't remember his name again, how how am I supposed to remember a guy's name that's been on TV three times on a show with ninety other people, And don't say I'm the only one. So anyway, have some respect for your audience. Identify people, Tell people who everybody is. Maybe they'll kind of start to get into the show. Thirteen women, dude, And the only one I knew was Brintley Reechs because someone actually said Brinley. If I knew that, if I can remember who that was, and I had like a peel box. I'd send him money for identifying Brintley by saying Brinley. God, you realize how many old people watch that show. They are worse memories than I do. How I ain't supposed to remember the bookworm. I made it through that whole thing done without swearing. I'm probably not even done yet. So anyway, I was so angry when the show was over. What a waste of my time. God, Sidney, you have to pause the show fifty times to try and remember who someone's name is so I can write some crap and a stupid report nobody reads. God, what a life?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I read it, which is why I knew you were going to be so angry today. You've ranted on that immediately as soon as you started typing away there for the review. And by the time they got to the famed kitchen of NXT where Ashanti Viadonas was meeting up with Brindlee and her friend and whoever else it was there, Eddie Thorpe, you were done with everything. I was done. They then they sprung the women on you and.
Speaker 1: Spittake here goes. If it's a new or relatively new face, identify them, But when it's true or Charlie Dempsey, why do you need to identify them? Because you might have someone tuning in for the first freaking time and we're going to c W. We're changing networks here. They identified c M Punk CM Punk. They identify gun thro the world heavyweight champion. You know, they're gonna identify when he comes back, Roman Reigns, Becky Lynch. They identify everybody because if you're running a business thinking, well, I got all the viewers I'm gonna get, we ain't gonna get anymore. Who cares? You should be doing that show thinking every day ten thousand new people are gonna tune in. They probably won't, but what if what if they don't like something on TV? They tune into your show and they're like, who's that? Who's that? Who's that? Who's that? What's going on here? I'm gonna go watch Dawson's creak. I'm out of here. Observer Live, you get a ship the dog in the mom mean.
Speaker 2: Time, you were listening to wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper viv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: You know he had a couple of idiots in here. They don't get it. But then we got smart people like this guy here, he goes, I mean NFL games do it every game. They even I D Patrick Mahomes. And this guy says, they even I D Taylor Swift when she's in the stands. It's kind of an industry, and this industry standard even at the most amateur level. Yeah, you're right speaking. That's why it's annoying that Mike perv excellent. You couldn't you couldn't have. You could not have been a bigger more hunt. That's what it says, Mike. Now you dirty. It was on a split screen, you know something. Never that was the most amazing moment in the history of this show. I get mad because, okay, how many brands are there in WWE?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 1: Okay, so the two brands with the absolute biggest stars identify all the big stars, but the third brand with a bunch of nobody's nobody gets identified. It's like it's done on purpose. Here's the thing. It's either done on purpose, in which case they're idiots, or it's not done on purpose, in which case they're idiots. There's no option that is not they're idiots. Fix it.
Speaker 3: Look, you're right, I don't understand it. I don't know if they need to have it to the degree of trick or any of that stuff. But when it comes to a lot of these people, because they are in and out so much and you're trying to establish a lot of these folks, yes you should do that. On top of the fact that it looks esthetically pleasing with the graphics that they've been using on Raw and SmackDown and some of that auto trickle down to NXT, and maybe it will when they hit the CW. I find it difficult to believe that they're going to continue to do this and risk alienating any possible viewers and risking you ranting about it every week.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why I have to explain this like I'm talking to children, Like somebody was like you expected to put thirteen graphics on the screen for all thirteen women. Brother, take a break, take a deep breath and think, Okay, all thirteen women were not talking. Okay, four of them did, so is it that hard to either a put a graphic on the screen when each of them are talking, or at the very least say the name of the person that you're talking to when a shanty the adonnis. You can't just say Christ here comes a shanty? Is it that hard? Or if you're not gonna say that, can you just put the guy's name on the screen. You ever watched like old Listen, Vince is an idiot, absolute idiot. Okay, but he knew some stuff. Clearly he built an empire and that was a decree. When you do your promo, you must say your name. I'm Jake the Snake Roberts here on the snake Pit, my guest tonight. I was watched it yesterday. Jake was interviewing the Honky talk Man, my guest tonight. He says, has the stupidest name I've ever heard of. I have never heard a name dumber than this name I bring to you. He says, the Honky Tonk Man, what a stupid name. The guy comes out, you have no like an idiot watching the show for the first time knows the guy's name is a Honky Tonk man. These NXT nerds, Uh, Let's throw Karmen Petrovitch on the screen, not identifier, have her do some verbal jousting with some dude we don't identify. You're watching the show going. Why do these two not like each other? What's going on here? Who are they? Who is this person? I'd like to know more about them, but I don't know who they are.
Speaker 3: Stupid or in a case like they did to us a while back, when they had six blondes on screen, several of them that you hadn't seen in quite some time or had been in and out of air, it was like, Okay, well who are these people? Who are they all? And Brittley Reese is a great example of that. You know a lot of those folks. You throw a bunch of names on the screen right now, Can everybody that's a not a die hard viewer that may be listening to this show right now, can they identify everyone?
Speaker 1: There's no way. I doubt that's possible. And the thing is, forget about that. The fact is you want.
Speaker 3: To saturate everybody and drive it home and beat people over the head with it. And people talk about not liking that. It's an effective strategy, whether you're WWE or any other type of business. We talk about it with aew. They swerve a great example of a guy who goes out and does all of these things. He's on all of these podcasts, he's at this concert, he's hanging with this person, and we don't see it. It'll be online.
Speaker 1: But they don't beat people over the head with it. And some AW fans are happy about that. They don't want that style. But the fact of the matter is it's more effective for AW as a company and as business that they do beat over the head with it. They do saturate everybody with it. You may not like it, you may not bite on it, but guess what, somebody that's tuning in may find out that he is doing all this stuff that they're not aware of. So again, it's a little bit of a different situation, but the same sort of thing where sometimes you've got to put yourself in the viewer's position and not think that they know every little last thing about everything that's taking place. Just be professional, not in graphics identifying everybody as below public access level. That's what it is. Come on, all right, I need to move on. You know what else I'm mad about?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 1: All out is on Saturday?
Speaker 3: It is, but not at one o'clock.
Speaker 1: Dynamites tonight, and brother, we know three matches, we got one more added cents yesterday. Why is it so hard to have a card. Can someone explain this to me? We got three matches Okata versus Kyle Fletcher for the Continental title?
Speaker 3: How much do he want us to pay for this?
Speaker 1: Mariah May versus Nila Rose and Osprey Orange and Kyle versus Pot, Claudio and Wheeler non title. All we have announced for this show is MGF gonna be there, is Mercedes gonna be there, Britt Baker, Chris Jericho, Hangman, Page Swerve. I don't know. They've announced nothing. So I guess we'll find out.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get some stuff and give us fifty bucks over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ricochet is Shay there? I don't know he should be Why would he not?
Speaker 3: That would be unfortunate. Why would he not be there? But then again, why would you not? Why would you not advertise if he was going to be here?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. I'm baffled, all right. Janelle Grant will not appear in the upcoming Netflix docu series on Vince. According to Brandon Thurston, the producers did reach out to Grant's team to interview her for the project, but were unable to secure her participation. Netflix's documentary group made an initial outreach to Janelle's representation for an interview for this project. A spokesperson for Grant said, despite this, no such interview came to fruition. I think the fact of the matter is she probably was advised legally not to do it, right, Yeah, why why would I didn't realize that this was a thing until you said that, Because number one, why would she do it when there's ongoing litiga going on.
Speaker 3: Where's the benefit of this at all?
Speaker 1: To her?
Speaker 7: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't see it. So I'm surprised that people are jumping up and down about it. But it's something seems like it's very simple, she declined. Because of everything that's going on right now.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine they're going to interview Vince and he's going to give his side of the story of the lawsuit. Well, same thing. He would be advised not to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Even if she was okay to go ahead and do that, Why would you want to do it on their forum when this whole thing is about Vince McMahon exactly.
Speaker 1: You don't know it's going to be edited, you don't know it's going to be clipped up. It would be foolish for her to give her a sight of the story on this lawsuit has been filed against AW, Kevin Kelly, and the Tate Twins. It took me a long time to figure out who.
Speaker 2: The Tate Twins were.
Speaker 3: Didn't see that coming.
Speaker 1: They are the boys. Kelly alleges defamation from Ian Ricabbonny and AW steming from Ricabonny making comments on a discord It channel regarding Kelly being involved in QA and on conspiracies. He is seeking monetary damages, claiming AW breached his contract. The situation has made it difficult for him to find work elsewhere. He was fired in March. Tay Twins were fired in April. Tony Khin stated publicly their releases were due to no showing events, which the brothers later attributed to a miscommunication between them and management after they were booked to fly out of a different airport than they normally use. The claim they know showed events is at the center of the defamation suit against Cohn and AW, requesting the court certify a class action suit against AW. Here we go over the company misclassifying its talent as independent contractors rather than employees. This comes up every few years and it never goes anywhere. But who knows, never know when you might get the right judge or the wrong judge, depending on whose side you're on.
Speaker 3: Well, the demanding a jury trial, that is one thing that they both sides were not both sides, but the Taits and Kevin Kelly are wanting. They're seeking in damages in excess of fifty thousand dollars, and aws Fire filed a motion to keep it under seal. A judge is going to have to determine if it's going to remain that way. You know that if you read I saw a redacted copy of the lawsuit, and the boys talk about wanting money owed to them, travel expenses and royalties that have been owed to them. They say they were wrongfully terminated due to budget cuts, and then Tony during the Supercard of Honor a couple of days later, both the pre and the post show scrums talked about the fact that it was because they know showed work and apparently they're claiming that they've been ridiculed for that and it's been detrimental to their careers as well too, saying that they've tried to go out and get fucked, but they haven't had a chance to Kevin Kelly obviously his case with Ian that that came up and and is suing him and trying to get monetary damages from him, saying that he was defamed and talks about going to hr and not having you know, much success there, and he has not been able to find work, including saying that aew blocked him from being able to work the Altogether show in May. So there's gonna be a lot more to seemingly that's gonna come from this.
Speaker 1: At a moment observerlive.
Speaker 8: Definished tone, You're not kind of see you know, bone the range, But they.
Speaker 9: What would you do if you had a broken bone? You'd go to the doctor and use your insurance? Right, Well, what would you do if you have a serious problem with drugs and alcohol? Most people do nothing until it's way too late. Your insurance can help you get clean and sober with the assistance of a place like the Detox and Treatment Helpline. Many times addiction treatment is fully covered. So why not use your insurance to treat your addiction problem just like you would if you had a broken bone, And with a family medical Live Act, you're allowed to take time off by law, and your employer doesn't need to know the reason. So there are two good reasons. You've got insurance you can use for your addiction problem. And with the Family Medical Live Act, it's completely confidential. Call now eight hundred seven seven one four one two five. That's eight hundred seven seven one forty one twenty five. Eight hundred seven seven one four one two five eight hundred seven seven one forty one twenty five.
Speaker 10: And then here's a great way to have more fun in bed and save money. If you want to take something like viagra, they can give you a way to pay as little as two dollars a pill. Ys two dollars a pill. Compare that to prices as high as sixty dollars per tablet. These pills work for men to improve their performance and confidence. You'll love them. And now, for the price of two or three pills, you can get fifty or more for around one hundred dollars. You'll save hundreds of dollars off retail prices. That's enough to buy your data nice dinner. Don't pay expensive prices for viagra. Call now, order fifty or more of our blue pills and pay as little as two dollars a pill and save hundreds of dollars. Call any time for confidential shipping.
Speaker 4: Call Steelman pills now eight hundred nine six five one two nine five eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five, eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five. That's eight hundred nine sixty five twelve ninety five.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 7: We are running a car right now to help veterans all across America. So if you have an old car, truck, or van, even a motorcycle or an RV sitting around, you can right now give it away and help the vets. They really need your help, and your car will help support the Vets in their families. And guess what, you even get a tax donation. Plus we'll even come and pick up your car for free. And all you've got to do is pick up your phone right now and make a free call. Now is the perfect time to do something good for the vets. Give back to the Vets right now for all they've done for this country, and your old car can really help them. So call the Veterans Car Donation Program right now for free pickup of your vehicle. Help the Vets and help your taxes at the same time. Call right now.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred two one five six eight one two, eight hundred two one five six eight one two eight hundred two one five six eight one two. That's eight hundred two one five sixty eight twelve.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: I got the show, Brian Albarez here, Wrestling Observer Live. You know the thing with a defamation lawsuit. I'm no lawyer, but and if we have any lawyers, they can confirm or deny what.
Speaker 3: I'm about to say play one on this podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm not plain one. But what what I've heard is it's a little difficult with defamation because a Kevin Kelly is a public figure, and B he has to be able to prove that whatever was said about him, like Rick Abonnie knowingly knew that it was false and was actively trying to harm Kevin Kelly. And you know, given it was stated on a discord that if I recall, like Ric Abonnie didn't know was going to like go public. I just feel like that's to be very difficult to prove that Rick Abonnie knew it was false, sat on the discord to harm Kevin Kelly, who is a public figure.
Speaker 3: Well, if I recall Corcy, I don't believe that he called Kevin Kelly a QAN non member. It says that he shared a movie shared by a you know, q Andon a lot of people that were QAnon conspiracy theorists and people that were associated with that really pushed the sound of Freedom movie and it said he remember hid him saying that it disappointed him. Again. Now again, you gotta be I'm not a lawyer, so I'm not sure how to parse all of that stuff out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did Ian lie knowingly to harm a public figure? And the public figure part is also hard because he's a public figure.
Speaker 3: And in the lawsuit it does state that online, you know, people have drawn the connection you know, and said that it was a q Andon movie, but then said that there was no connection between QAnon in the movie, that that's all been unproven and false. And I reached out to Ian and didn't get a response. I'm not surprised. I didn't reach out to aw Brian Solomon did. He did not get a response, reached out to Kevin Kelly. He pushed Brian to Stephn p New and I know that Brandon Thurston has reached out to AW with no comment yet on any of this stuff. And again, you know, did this prevent him from earning any other work? To me, the biggest thing is if they stood in the way of him working the altogether show, then he's got a little piece of a complaint that then goes to what both they are claiming, which is we are employees, we are not independent contractors, and we.
Speaker 1: Have issues with this that in the third So again AW will find out. I'm sure they don't want this to go any further than it really is. You know, again, they filed a motion to keep everything under seal, and I'm sure that this because they were contracts that they are if anything, would rather have this an arbitration because we see that with companies all the time, of all sizes, not the least of which has been WWE that wants to get the Janelle Grant situation to arbitration because it prevents a whole lot of possibly messy things from coming out and being public.
Speaker 3: And at the least it prevents some things that are in I'm sure that their private their employee handbook, all those sorts of things. I'm sure they want to keep under vests. So we'll see ultimately in the next couple of days and a couple of weeks here what ends up shaken out of this. But it's really it seems like an uphill battle to me, just personally, again being a layman, not really knowing. It just seems like it's a real uphill battle. And I've seen this fight with independent contractors employees for a long time. And if you want that to be the case, you have to unionize. It's not going to be a class action lawsuit that does it. It's going to be actually banding together and unionizing and getting support from other established unions. Otherwise this is never going to happen. I don't think it's ever gonna happen anyway.
Speaker 1: Well, Cogan signed a new five year deal with the company. He said on Logan Paul's Impulsive podcast, five year deal, licensing, merchandising, ambassador stuff. If they need me to do something for Usselman, I just love doing it. It's definitely different. Did you see any the clips from this podcast?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, I never will. I hope.
Speaker 1: I was I was on I was on X and I was scrolling. And also there's Hogan and Logan Paul and this clip that I watched, and granted, you know, they take they take clips, they take like the best clips to put online or whatever, and and uh, like.
Speaker 3: The one you're gonna put up in my name later.
Speaker 1: I didn't do that, dude, You're gonna split screen and you held it up and that's what it said. I have nothing to do with video. Now Hogan is talking to Logan Paul and he's putting him over. I've never seen somebody, you know, blah blah blah, it's the usual bs. And then I don't remember what he said, because like I was just in awe of what I was watching. But Hogan said something about how he oh God, can someone help me? What did he say? But the point is that he mentioned the terms work and shoot. He said, if this happens, is it a work or a shoot? And the question he asked, I gotta I will say this. I've not seen the Ben wal clip. This is a different clip, so I gotta say the first. Okay, Logan Paul sitting there behind the mic in this podcast, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: What was up.
Speaker 1: He looked like at least three quarters of his brain had been removed. He's barely functioning. Okay, he's got this. I don't know, man, I don't watch this show, but I'm watching this clip and I'm like, this guy's barely functioning. He doesn't know what's going on. But then Hogan asks this question involving the terms work and shoot, and Logan is just like, and I will say, to be fair, I also had that exact same look on my face after Hogan asked this question. I was like, what are you talking about? I should have gone back to find out, but that was not the important thing. He just asked this question that makes no sense whatsoever.
Speaker 3: He's like, he ask him like, what if when Harley Race came in and shot on me?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 3: What what was that?
Speaker 1: What was it? No? It was something like he goes. He goes, if if we have a match and you make five hundred dollars and I make five thousand dollars, is that a work or a shoot? Like I'm pretty sure that was his question. And I was like, if he makes five hundred and you make, is that a what? I was like just absolutely confused, and Logan had to look on his face of absolute confusion. Okay. Then Logan goes, I don't understand what you're saying, and so it's okay. It's okay at this point because I don't get it either. And then Hogan goes, if we have a match and you make five hundred and I make five thousand, is that a worker shoot? I'm still like, what are you talking about? But then Logan says, I don't understand what that means, like, I know what a work is, but what's a shoot? And Hogan does the Steve Austin thing from that one show where uh, what's what's her face? Made that comment about her favorite match being Alicia Fox or whatever. Hogan just like he all of a sudden becomes Terry Bolea. He's at a character and he just he turns and he looks at the camera like what and he goes, you don't know what a shoot is? And Logan goes no, and Logan's co host jumps in. He goes, no, Logan, he doesn't know what a shoot is, but he doesn't understand your question, and Logan goes, I don't know what a shoot is, and as part of goes no, no, no, Hogan, he knows what a shoot is and Logan's like, you're embarrassing me, and I'm like, what is happening here?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 1: What is happening here? So I think he was serious he doesn't know what a shoot is. But I like, this was a ten second clip of this podcast. I'm like, I can't watch it, Like I can't, Okay, I just can't. But there's part of me that's like, I gotta watch this whole show. I have to watch it. But anyway, man, dude, what.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think he knows what a rib is.
Speaker 1: Probably well after that, oh god, well, I mean, look, do you remember the story about when Chris Candido was the NWA World Champion. He was dying to meet Luthez. So he finally meets Luthez and Sez. You know, they're talking back and forth and oh, you're the champion. This is nineteen ninety four or five or whatever it was, after Shane Douglas had already thrown it down and just gotta be careful, kid, when you're going out there, you gotta be careful. Yeah, watch out for the double Cross.
Speaker 3: Nineteen ninety four. Now we got it. But look we're in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny, but three years later there was a double cross. Well but in twenty twenty four with boxing and with maybe they just the term shoot fighting, the term shoot. It's just maybe people don't know what it's like hooking. Like do you think how do you not know the term shoot in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Four because he's not a wrestler.
Speaker 1: He is a wrestler. He's like, he's been in big time matches. He's traded, Yeah, but in what environment though, even if he hadn't done that, well, he's he's listened to a podcast in his lifetime.
Speaker 3: But maybe look if he's that again, I don't know how that dude's mind functions, and I don't want to. But like Pat McAfee when he was down there, you know, getting made fun of by Rep Rogers, I'm sure he knows what a shoot is. I know, I'm sure a lot of people, especially if they went through training or what you know, or of a certain age. But like if Bad Bunny or Logan Paul or like, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Surprised does anybody on the chat not know what a shoot is?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But look, is there one person just be honest, is there one person doesn't know what a shoot is. I'll tell you what's a shoot. These ratings SmackDown two point zero five four million and a point five three eighteen to forty nine, down a little bit, and is their last Fox show on Friday. It's gonna do gigantic numbers. Romans there. Then they moved to USA and I'll be there next Friday to watch it rampage two hundred and eighteen thousand viewers, second lowest total viewership in the history of the show. And that's against the show the win head head with the Olympics, So with no Olympic competition, this was a point oh seven.
Speaker 3: Welcome to football.
Speaker 1: That number sucks. And then I think we all knew this was gonna happen, but Brandon Thurston just posted the collision ratings. This was the collision that went head to head with actually didn't go head to head.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's bad, brother, dude.
Speaker 3: Well it didn't go head to head with.
Speaker 1: It didn't go ahead to head, but it was on AWE pay perview day.
Speaker 3: On the first weekend of college football.
Speaker 1: But I just realized it's actually this Friday where they're gonna die because they're going head They're going head to head with SmackDown on Friday night.
Speaker 3: It looks Saturday night, mean, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Collision did a he did to eighty nine Collision to eighty nine and a point one, the lowest in the history of Collision, and that includes all preemptions. There has never been an episode of Collision that did fewer viewers any day, anytime, any out of whatever, ever than the show on Saturday night, which was on a WWE pay perview day, which actually aired earlier in the morning, two hundred and eighty nine thousand viewers in a point one.
Speaker 3: It's gonna get worse.
Speaker 1: So this is coming Friday head ed was Smackedown on five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then this Saturday. You know, people will say, hey, you know, well it was head to head with SmackDown, move days and all that stuff. October fifth is that the day of the pay per view in Atlanta that is going to be an earlier pay per view star time for WWE. The same day that UFC is the same day that the both baseball Playoff League Division Series begins.
Speaker 8: On top of.
Speaker 1: College football, with a lot more rivalries going on, They're gonna get swamped, you know, unless something changes and I don't know what it can be right now. They just have to keep trudging through and hopefully get to the beginning of the year and start over. Brian Rose knows they didn't announce anything for Collision until the day before. It's like a broken record. Back in a moment, it was we're live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Feel better. At least.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go eat some Ribs'll make him feel better. Well, we're out of time, everybody. What's today Wednesday? Yes, well tonight we'll be watching the Dynamite show. Hopefully they identify people. I will be back with Dave later Mack here tomorrow for this show Observer Live. And hey, if you're listening, you know, there's a million ways to hear these shows. All of these shows you can't hear Real and Brian and Vinnie showing Observer Radio and Adam and Mike Big Audio Nightmare with Mike perv. There's a lot of ways. Wrestling Observer dot com you get all of the shows and our archives fourteen thousand archive shows dating back to two thousand and five are available at Wrestling Observer dot com.
Speaker 3: I think I might call Stephen p No.
Speaker 1: If you only want the new shows and you only want to pay nine to ninety nine three options. You can watch them at for w one line dot com, slash video or maybe it's YouTube, I don't remember, but video dot f for w one line dot com you can you can watch them nine ninety nine a month, or if you have either Apple Podcasts or Spotify, you can subscribe for nine ninety nine a month and get all the showst for w on line dot com, slash Apple for Apple, for w one line dot com, slash Spotify for Spotify.
Speaker 3: We need to have some graphics come up as you say this stuff.
Speaker 1: Hey we got graphics all over the screen here, but we can do more. But anyway, that's how you can subscribe to all of these shows and never have a boring commute again. And we identify all the shows too. They have a graphic who's on the show and what we talk about were pros ride of time. Thanks for listening. I'll talk to you next time. Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network