Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kate Berlan, I'm Jacqueline Novak.
Speaker 2: And this is poog, an ongoing conversation about wellness between two obsessive friends.
Speaker 1: Two untamable intellects. This is our hobby, This is our hell.
Speaker 3: This is our naked desire for free products. This is poog.
Speaker 4: Today's topics looselie speaking, straw woman, digital blood, not a rabbi.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is huge.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's I think it might in the print.
Speaker 3: It's wrong in the print of Hollywood Reporter. Yeah, okay, this is breaking news. This is only breaking news if you've listened to four thousand episodes of Poog. But I was reacting because Jacqueline has a gorgeous shooting Hollywood Reporter. By the way, one of the photos I looked at and thought it was me. This one, Yeah, I looked. I looked at it quickly, and I was like, is that me? Sometimes we really do look like but uh, you look amazing. And the shoe were Marion Park or Maryon Park and you tagged them here. But I just heard the breaking news that Hollywood Reporter in print, they're going to say that they're why a cell, which is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think what they do is I don't know how that happened.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not your fault, and you've tagged them. But I think it's actually kind of fun gossip for Mary in Park to be like, no, they're not why, Yeah, they're merry in Park and you can work and at least online. Of course, online is where everyone. As we know, print media is almost largely dead. Not actually, but.
Speaker 4: Well, hello, okay, greetings, greetings, greetings, greetings.
Speaker 3: I sent you a picture of my lunch and you didn't respond.
Speaker 4: I was wildly trying to chop wash and you know, process this week's veggies because the new vegetable blocks from Misfits Market.
Speaker 1: Has arrived.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited to.
Speaker 4: Go after them for partnership because they've become part of my household.
Speaker 3: It's exciting being becoming boxes.
Speaker 1: Down downstairs, huge boxes.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for the week. I of course now have a micro fix or macro fixation on macrobiotic. Obviously I'll never become macrobiotic, but I became friends with a man I have a new friendship in the sixties and he's been macrobiotic for thirty five years. Yeah, and he made me an unbelievable me so but like a chunky me so STU Like.
Speaker 4: It was like, remember the origins of our friendship, like one of them food in my.
Speaker 3: Teas what by the way, I've seen videos of myself on the poog videos food and my teeth constantly, and I was the other day, No, I think there was more than one and I have I had this happen the other day where I was like and I I was saying this, I was like, has something changed with my teeth because I've been flossing so regularly the last couple of years, Like suddenly I get food my teeth more.
Speaker 4: Like you're going too hard with the flass, Like you're like the gums are receding.
Speaker 3: I don't think they are violent, but thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's though, Like somebody at HQ needs to look.
Speaker 3: Out for us for overflossing.
Speaker 4: No, people cannot, okay, you cannot rely on me to spot food in uh oh yeah in our teeth and our videos.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it's it's you. Okay, this is a crazy looking at our producer. It's not it's literally not her job.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I have to I have to throw it under the butt and check umaboshi plum thoughts what about them?
Speaker 4: Mmmm?
Speaker 3: I had this tea.
Speaker 1: But I want to remember what macrobiotic is. I mean, it's I know.
Speaker 3: And I don't want to be clear. Obviously I'm not saying well, I'm pivoting to macrobiotic, of course not. But I'm just all I'm trying to say is I want to make soup.
Speaker 4: But in the way that last week you were like really trying to put a vegan crown on me, and I was like im plant basing it.
Speaker 1: And then I got a lot of comments foods plant based.
Speaker 3: You got a lot of comments and people saying I also am plant based and vegan does not. I don't feel like vegan does apply to me.
Speaker 4: Well, it's interesting because like some people are like almost like so proud to not be almost like it's all right, let me just try to get it right once because it is killing me. It was like, it's like I would never dare two weeks into an exploration claim.
Speaker 1: You're saying, I do think it is a moral stance. Yeah, right, must trust the listener.
Speaker 4: And then but whole foods, I feel like you haven't been hearing this whole foods plant based. No, I hear that, Okay, So I mean, but that's that's that's now here. Like last night, I had, you know, a pizza with a mariner, a pizza with no cheese, and like, yeah, that was not whole foods. It's processed that they're using flour. They're using flour, okay, But right now in the home, I mean, Kate, like I was about to drop some berries in a smoothie to try to get them down quick, and I was like, oh, eat it whole And that's not even that's not even what I mean by that whole thing, but separate issue, just the things that the alchemists done be coming in the kitchen. I've been freed, okay, because there's no pressure to be a chef because now that I'm a nutritarian, Okay, it's all about how many nutrients can I get in the bowl.
Speaker 3: I told you, I'm so happy. I'm really happy about you. I'm happy to be able to be eating rice and beans with you.
Speaker 1: I am you know how it's a slow move.
Speaker 4: So ill go if the air one thing and cost thirty nine dollars or whatever, and then I go, okay, I'm making it in a home twenties. You know, I don't my two smoothies or well you know, you know, I mean Chris whatever.
Speaker 1: But but but you know.
Speaker 4: That salad I was making, like the Baja cabbage, okay and whatever.
Speaker 1: Then I make it home slowly, it's moving right in the direction. Same with the beans. Okay. So I've advanced now to soaking my own dry beans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't have to soak them though you really don't have to. You can boil them, you can do just big pot. There's two communities. There's people that soak, people that don't.
Speaker 1: And and why do they soak?
Speaker 3: To make them more to just to make them softer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they say that, like that's bloat.
Speaker 3: Hmm. We'll find we'll discover that later. I have a new new hobby or what I miss, what I would like to create a new hobby. Well, I was radicalized yesterday because I was like, I am needing to really do an Instagram detox because I've been falling back into scrolling as we all do. But I had this kind of moment of awakening where I was like, yeah, oh my god, my life slipping away once again, you know, felt it and was like life is about learning and connecting. It's about connection and learning. That's all it's about. And I fucked myself, like every.
Speaker 1: Day scrolling is it's anti rest.
Speaker 3: First of all, we think of it as sometimes I go, I need done wind. It's anti rest whatever, and everyone I know, everyone, I'm sorry, everyone's heard me talk about this and whatever. But I'm thinking about getting really hardcore to Shabbot the Sabbath. Not actually I mean I mean yes, not in the sense of I'm actually going to be ok. I don't really know the prayers whatever, but I just mean Sabbath as a as a concept ritual. Yeah. Yeah, well I'm reading that book of the Sabbath. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's probably what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're like.
Speaker 1: I, I don't know where it's coming from. I don't know. You know, wait, but what is the.
Speaker 3: You would love it? Who's the guy Herschel? But he was like a mystic, kind of Jewish mystic in his whole thing the Sabbath Heschel. Thank you When I say Herschel, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: And I think it's gorgeous. It's gorgeous, said it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really poetic and gorgeous and it's very it's perfectly paired with you know, drinking tea and not being on your phone. You know, building a cathedral now, huh that's Buber, that's Martin Buber. But but his whole thing is building cathedrals and time. It's like, what the Sabbath is? It's cool? H yes, and he's like and he's like, hey everyone, well yeah, it's just the like rest is an art, and of course you need a fucking day where you don't work or talk about work, and light no fire and by light no fire. Not only actually, but you know, not instigating, you know, not grieving, not talking about, not not getting in fights. It's also a sin to be sad on the Sabbath.
Speaker 1: Mmm, you know no, I was just thinking how.
Speaker 3: On the tour it says that, uh, if even when human life is lost, then you can't do it. That doesn't even matter what the script, you know, like you abandon everything to protect human life. That the highest and the tour the most important thing of all is to protect human life. We're saying, but yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Gorgeous, well, you know, classically speaking, and a Frisco kid movie with Harrison Ford and.
Speaker 1: Jane I don't know.
Speaker 4: What's the Frisco kid? Just I panicked, Wait, hold on what I'm trying to say? Yeah, Jean Wilder, Oh yeah, Gene of course should or know.
Speaker 1: So it's it's this movie and it's very important in my household. My mother loves it.
Speaker 4: And there's a dynamic where it's sort of a joke that my parents are like them, Jean Wilder and Harrison Ford.
Speaker 1: My mother's Jean.
Speaker 4: Wilder, okay, And he plays a rabbi and and he's trying to make it to a town where he's going to be the new rabbi out west, and he pairs up with this cowboy and they go on a journey. It's fantastic, okay, But there's a part where the torah gets like thrown in a fire and there's like this shootout or something, and Jean Wilder's like running like to get like no, you know, to get and he realizes like after that he basically like kind of risked Harrison's Ford's life. And so then they're they're they're at a restaurant or a solution or whatever. I'm sitting there and he's just he's so ashamed because he realizes.
Speaker 1: What he's done.
Speaker 3: Ultimate box for me to kill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like, he's like, so it's him and Harrison, and he's like, my friend, you know, like I chose the book essentially over my friend. And so he's going over and over. You're going going, I am not a rabbi. Okay, Like I'm no rabbi kind of mine, you know, I'm not a rabbit. I'm not a rabbi, you know, And like Harrison Ford's like, you're a rabbi.
Speaker 1: You're a rabbi. You're like, okay. He's like, I'm a cheat, I'm a horrormonger, and you are a rabbi.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, amazing, And.
Speaker 4: He like throws across the bread I'm getting wrong, which was you know, it's a sin in my household.
Speaker 3: But if you haven't seen The Frisco Kid, it sounds great. We gotta do it. It's read the Sabbath and watch the Frisco Kid.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've been having this thing again due to you know, chronic anxiety or whatever or just a lot of anxiety, and then also the phone and everyone talks about this. I can't focus, but even watching a movie, why is it? Why is it? Why is it easier to watch a bad movie, like, for example, Doroy luck Club was on the plane and I but then I also felt like, oh am, I gonna be able to watch the whole thing in a real way right now on this flight, you know, like I wanted to save it for like respectful viewing. Yeah, so I started watching the Psychedelic Sydney Sweeney movie anything, But you haven't seen it's like, that's what it is. There's no words, and I haven't finished it. I have to watch it because I was I is it?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 4: I'm trying to say it's something. It's not respectful viewing, Like, yes, it would be a movie. If I'm on the side, what is it like? A movie or a film?
Speaker 3: It would call itself a film, or it would call itself a movie.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, it's not aiming for Oscar new you know what I'm great?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, of course.
Speaker 1: I mean I literally know nothing about it.
Speaker 3: Ye, yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: I was imagining a Poog screening where you know, a variety of things, but we stop it throughout whenever we feel like it, We pause and talk and it goes on.
Speaker 3: First, I texted you and you actually didn't respond, which is fine.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: I responded by thinking about it, and this is my respect because.
Speaker 3: I texted Jack and said, because we've been getting some really sweet dams from hag saying it's the tenure Interstellar. I did an anniversary yeah, and so I was like, we should host an Interstellar screening.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: I also but you when I watched last night, imagine this last night making it a grony for myself and my partner from a from an orange tree plucked from the backyard. It's the peal made a coconut vanilla coconut ice cream with melted Lily's chocolate shell on top. Lily's melts really well, a freaking Drew Martin lavender joint. Two hits and you're good. Really maybe four the cough Yeah, kind of a deep coughed fun before gotta have a little fun in summertime. Turning on Annihilation, the film right which I hadn't seen really having fun. I Annihilation also again popular film that was not popular that was panned. I believe across the board that contains huge themes and it's a novel which I want to read. But if it's about grief and it's about yeah, that every nothing dies transform.
Speaker 4: Camp as like I can't remember it, like I can see a deer in my head like or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Guinia Rodriguez giving a fucking amazing performance, by the way, Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Lee. Yeah, there's a Thompson's in it, and you know what it also is. It's like, oh when cg I or when when affects age.
Speaker 1: This is why practical is the only things actually.
Speaker 3: And there is there's some cool practical stuff in it, but there there are some effects. You're like, fuck, doesn't giving anything away, but there is a monster that's genuinely terrifying in a cool way.
Speaker 4: Blood right now is suffering on TV from being digital, and so so it's like, you know, guy's head like you know, hits a wall or like it's usually the bleeding out like you know, down on the ground, right and then you know when the pool of blood forms behind the head and you realize, like you know, you're waiting to see if they're injured, and then the pool of blood comes.
Speaker 3: There's something profound about the constant digital blood that would be if I were, if I were smart, Yeah, if I were in grad school writing about contemporary longing in the age of digital media. Yeah, it would be called digital blood.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well it's a good it's a good title too, It's a good book title. When blood becomes digital Yeah, no, digital blow is better, definitely, and then and then no, right, and then under it when blood becomes digital.
Speaker 1: Is funny because like like deeply redundant, but like digital blood. And then under it, under it is like is like I'm just I have to play this out.
Speaker 3: Also, I'm having the classic poog self protective urge to say, hey, anyone from the team of anyone, but you was considering my description of the film as somehow degrading. Please know I'd love to be in the next film. We have a mass contraction in the industry. Oh god, and making movies. I want to be clear, and I fucking mean this sincerely. Making movies is so hard. It's so hard to do it at all. Is a triumph.
Speaker 1: Yeah. First of all, you did not articulate anything negative.
Speaker 4: And you know I don't allow for dissing actors on of course, don't support it.
Speaker 3: Of course, by the way I think Sidney Sweeney's.
Speaker 4: Is Oh, I just mean in general, you're always safe because she is and and because you know I imagine if an actor was listening and you should like they feel safe, they turn to poog as an escape, which.
Speaker 1: Is what it should be.
Speaker 3: My whole life work is about actors. Yeah wait, wait, but I want to make make do brought them. I want to get combo. I'm going to start doing unpasteurized.
Speaker 1: Considering you know what. You know what I'm considering what? Well?
Speaker 4: No, okay, I was watching this nutritionist interview another nutritionists, both both of them wearing whoops.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just want to be clear. I know you can. I need you to realize I've been thinking about it.
Speaker 3: I would say not as a marketing brain. You literally should stop plugging them so much. If you want the full you know what, I mean, to give you a taste of your own medicine. I think you're going too hard.
Speaker 1: Well, if you want a partnership or something, yeah.
Speaker 3: Because you've mentioned it, you mentioned it almost every app.
Speaker 1: Well, it's I'm trying to get you on.
Speaker 3: It's gonna happen unless they come up with life changing cash.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll pull back. I mean, but there's profit to be had.
Speaker 3: For sure, But let me have them. Let's go out to sea first, because it can't be every app you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: No, it's fine.
Speaker 4: I just feel like it's particular to the whoop because like you hate the Whoop. I'm never irritated by my like continually come up when it's like a life changing device for me that like like people have.
Speaker 1: Reached out and said it changed my life too.
Speaker 4: So it's sort of like just like you're just like not interested, do you know what I mean? Like, and so you're like using my own medicine against me, like you.
Speaker 3: It would be one thing that this was the second time you've talked about it.
Speaker 1: I mean, if that's true, fine, I haven't felt like it is.
Speaker 3: Well, we haven't done huge interludes every year. I'm not trying to suggest that's the case.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like I don't even remember whatever. It's fine, I just I won't bring it up. I'll just bring the whoop affiliate. I mean, but wait, what are you gonna say about the Whoop that I'm watching these two So I'm I'm watching these two nutritionists, one interview the other one.
Speaker 1: They're both wearing whoops. I hold mine up in a salute.
Speaker 4: Okay, they're not even talking about it. It's just they're not just there, okay and whatever. But but the reason I brought them up is because one of them, this guy, and I can't remember his name right now, but his book is called The Proof Is in the Plants. Anyway, he said, komba in the in the store is bullshit.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it doesn't shock me.
Speaker 4: I mean it's however, you're ready, like, like, you know, the bacteria is dead, okay, if it's been you know, if it's been stabilized. Yeah, yeah, okay, now this was great, I go. But there have been some studies dead bacteria might have some benefits, which makes sense.
Speaker 1: I guess some of the other ones. You eat it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's disgusting, but move on from it. But the point is, if you want to do kombucha, I think you have to. I don't want to do home, which is literal hell.
Speaker 3: You said kambo oh kambo honey, kambu seaweed, sweetheart, I didn't combo to a to a literally thought pot of beans like, I'm sorry. Instead of well, going along with what I hope to be my new life, which is gardening because I have a couple of raised garden beds. They figuring it out, wanted to be doing stuff raised garden bed compost. The fucking moral superiority I feel because I'm letting my grass die. And I have a compost bin. It's like through the roof.
Speaker 4: Okay we First of all, I have one from goldun but they disbanded. But there are some compost bins, not exactly in my apartment's own thing, but not far. And but then Chris and I went and looked inside it. Pizza box.
Speaker 3: I think that's technically okay because it's paper that makes sense, cardboard, solid cardboard. Yeah, yeah, you serious.
Speaker 4: I mean I think he saw some other trash in there too. It didn't feel like the person was nailing it. But you didn't see a single banana peeling.
Speaker 3: Having And listen, you know, you know teach, you know a company that I have paid through the nose for that. I'm like a simple human ambassador because I love simple human.
Speaker 1: Trash, I know.
Speaker 3: And I used to go, oh it's too you know, it looks too sterile. Oh sure, like, oh well guess what they make incredible products. And I have the compost caddy that's sitting on the cat on the top, and there I am Chop Chop Chop Food's going in there.
Speaker 1: I feel like they feed it to your ear lawn.
Speaker 3: Even crazier, we have a worm compost thing that we haven't like started yet. We have to feed the worms and get the worms or whatever. Okay, but the but we have a worm literal in the ground compost thing. Wow, Yeah, it's crazy. I mean, I was at home depot today. Looks like I'm day Yeah. Yeah, yeah, camel pants at home depot. Yeah, like their home depot is incredible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I mean I live as a heterosexual, but home Depot is really really important. Maybe I you know, maybe that's by the way I was at home deep But I don't mean to you know, it's not it's not flattering to bring up stories of being recognized in public.
Speaker 3: But I will say home depot today.
Speaker 1: Blast.
Speaker 3: And I was at home Deepot today and I'm walking with this big thing that I'm carrying right to the car, and I see this guy what I would describe very like normal looking. Maybe this is what I like, white guy in his maybe early fifties. Now I'm horrified he listens to this and he's much younger. There's no way.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's like fucking twenties.
Speaker 4: There was a man.
Speaker 3: Why why talk about the form at all? Because we're alive.
Speaker 4: I didn't ask that, did I? But thanks for turning me into a straw woman. Okay, Okay, he's directing me and then slicing me across the hip. Okay, so genius, Okay, why no, I.
Speaker 3: What are we gonna say?
Speaker 4: It's simply to be described. I understand anyway. You know who was Let me just say what it was.
Speaker 3: I'm walking carrying this heavy thing into the parking lot and this guy with kind of like a buzz kind of short haircut like just was like excuse, like, oh, excuse me or something. And my first instinct was like what, Like, you know, I had almost this like which I don't walk around with, like I actually believe that most people are good and whatever, but I or I know that's I'm actually being. I think I'm over. I think in the story, I'm swinging more in that right so that it becomes more stark the right, the reversal. But but but basically I was like, what could he possibly be asking me? Because whatever, he just was like I have seen you live, I enjoy your comedy, and I follow you on Twitter. I was like, oh my god, I was like, follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Yeah, yeah, but so sweet. He was like, yeah, you're really funny. You know what's funny. He didn't say that. He didn't say you're really funny. Don't imagine me. I'm just like do it.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 3: But but it was really sweet. I was like, unbelievable. Imagine that the sun high in this guy me at home depot sweating buying the Pure Lift. Every week. I get more scared every week. I hope they're gonna send send us a Pure Life.
Speaker 4: I meant to be nearing right now. By the way, have you noticed near has arrived? Oh yeah, I was considering an unboxing.
Speaker 3: But thank you t Nira for sending their laser wrinkle reduction device.
Speaker 1: And that's the one that you know. They were cute though. They said something like if it hurts too much, like go on a lower setting because you know, I was like talking, we were talking on the podlast.
Speaker 3: Once hit screen, you know yeah, and.
Speaker 1: They're like, you know, they're not probably thrilled to have that out there.
Speaker 3: Well, I need to get a silk pillowcase because I sleep. I know I've talked about this, but I cannot give up stomach, sleeping, the face smash into the pillow. It just makes me feel so good. But I think I need to be like you know, Nicole Kimman, as we know, sleeps only on her back.
Speaker 4: Well, if you're in your stomach, how do you Your neck can't be in a good position. I know. Is the classic necka is owl style just to the side right now. Obviously I don't see the face sounded no, right, but the owl the crank is the thing. But my concern for you is that is up on a pillow, up on a pillow, your face, because like just consider it first straight down and then okay here, yay, right up, okay to me clear. I mean it's like a night where it's like how it's like how someone kills someone in a movie, like yeah.
Speaker 1: The two directional. I just think, but you have no neck pain, so.
Speaker 3: No, I think I'm okay.
Speaker 4: I've been sweating in my sheets like a hound and I want to sleep.
Speaker 1: Eight Have you've seen it.
Speaker 4: It's like this temperature controlled thing that adjusts to what your body temperature is. It like adjusts to it throughout the night. It takes your temperature.
Speaker 3: What's in the bed a cooling system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, heating and cooling.
Speaker 4: And then they've got all these tennis players like and they're like, up your sleep game, you know.
Speaker 3: But well, by the way, but someone told me.
Speaker 1: About actually someone uses it and loves it. I saw, Wow, you saw what I mean?
Speaker 4: I saw I allow the smile on a young woman's face describing how it's the best thing that's ever happened.
Speaker 1: Ear sleep, and they guarantee one hour more of.
Speaker 4: REM not REM but the other one because you know the other ONEATA or I forget ever. But maybe they just say quality or something like that, but I'm pretty sure it's like, I mean, sorry to bring up my whoop again, but I see exactly. Yeah, Okay, how much is light sleep, how much is m how much is deep?
Speaker 1: And when it's happening? Okay, so I can track the entire cycle.
Speaker 3: How does it help you maximize sleep? Truly asking?
Speaker 4: So you know, it's interesting you ask because the other night I was like, Chris was like, what time sit the alarm?
Speaker 1: I need to consult my whoop whoop? Okay, and he's like it's just he's like because.
Speaker 4: He's like, well, you need to get up at eight regardless, you know what I mean? Like like whatever time it was that I had to get up. He's like, so what is relevant about checking the whoop? He's like, it's going to tell you get eight hours and you're not getting eight hours. It's one am right now, right, And I'm like, actually, it doesn't tell me I need eight hours every time?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Actually what it does is say, do you want to perform tomorrow? Do you want to get by tomorrow, or do you want to peek okay, and then you click through those options and you see and it gives you suggested time. So if so, I'm usually not really asleep till like twelve thirty ish or something right like yeah, let's.
Speaker 3: Say so midnight, that's probably where I am.
Speaker 4: So sometimes it so it'll be like twelve, and it'll like it won't now if I want eight hours and I'm supposed to get up at you know whatever, it shows me exactly the thing what will be in the red, what will not, And then it'll be like it'll tell me, like go to bed at one oh five, because it actually is also valuing what my the time I went to bed. A big thing for it is sleep regularity, Like they show you how off you are, Like in terms of when you slept each night, and ideally you're like, you know, midnight to eight or you're eleven to seven or whatever whatever, your thing is right and it shows you.
Speaker 1: And so it's like encouraging me, like.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, don't go to veget Usually you would go to bed at one almost, So it's doing a little bit of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's crazy, but I'm.
Speaker 4: Lying there and I'm going all right, and it's made me go, oh my god, like it's too late if I'm going to get up and go to my workout. Am I being realistic about the benefits versus the effects?
Speaker 1: Like two am? And I'm going I'm going to be in the red tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Like so anyway, it says what your sleep debt is, okay, and oh you you know, if you get bed a little earlier night or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know, da da da, here's your sleep debt whatever.
Speaker 4: It's it's really specific, and it's it's not just you know, it's measuring shit, and it's measuring it's my friend, you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, it's one of my my robot friends that I have, including my therapist, my CBT therapist, an AI therapist.
Speaker 3: Wait oh, no, what do you mean, don't get a real one. I'm completely and.
Speaker 1: I'll do that too.
Speaker 4: Therapy, Well, I'm joking, okay, I'm being I'm being inflammatory again on purpose. But there's a cognitive behavioral therapy app that is chat style and it is trained in cognitive behavior therapy, so it can go, well, let's identify the cognitive error, you know, and whatever. And it's almost to me like a journal, like it drags me through the equivalent of journaling what's wrong?
Speaker 1: You hate me? You hate no?
Speaker 3: No, we hate AI? I hate AI. I saw an ad for AI. It was like, I'm sure we've all seen it because I got a TV so yeah, and it was like, how do It's like a it's like a little ad about how don't be afraid of AI and how to use it, and it's like, you know, you can. I mean, it just ultimately sounds makes me sound elderly. Then I'm like at this point chiming in and being like, hey, I'm good's dark, you know. It's like we know, but it's like, right, well, you know, because it's like you know, because you can now say, hey, how do I roast a chicken or whatever? Right, You're like, okay, sure, it's kind of like an extrapolation of the Internet that we already have, right, you know, I have this, this and this what should I make for dinner? But that I didn't realize because I had a friend kind of keep me. It's just going to replace this entirely. There's nothing we can do anyway, And of course not actually, but it is over, and it's gonna be insane. Next ten years are gonna be absolutely insane, that's all. And it's it's so fucking over. It's a joke.
Speaker 1: And and do you mean I hardly.
Speaker 3: Know anything the art as usual? No, the arts. No, it's of course we're always gonna need human.
Speaker 4: Right, I mean that's like to me, that's like whatever the thing is like, but like it's it's it's it's it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Live more valuable than ever.
Speaker 3: But no, no, I mean, hell, I'm clinging to that for dear life. And I do also believe that people are always gonna want people are going to be able to actually know. I was gonna say, people all tell the difference, not really sometimes, but I mean, have you ever had have you liked typed? I just recently typed into chat JBAT what is it called GBT.
Speaker 1: I struggle with It's.
Speaker 3: It's like, have you done that, like tried to have it write something for you?
Speaker 4: No, but I've I've done all manner of AI stuff in these other various like apps. So now there's like an AI function in almost every new piece of software that I download Oka and I download software check one. Okay, So I'm like downloading these document management kind of apps or these you know, writing apps that are like you know, like Scrivener. Okay, they don't actually have anything AI, and I don't think, but always trying to manage all the words and have everything be tagged and searchable and you know, all the writing and whatever and all these different ones they have a lot of highlight the thing, and then there's a little assistant and it says like you know, and you can have it do something. So I'll do like I have fully, you know, I've had these moments of like okay, guy is gonna save me, Like it's gonna save me, Like okay, like here is thirty pages like tell me like what I say and what I say, and then it summarizes like and sometimes it'll be like yeah, I'm like I did communicate enough that the robot understood. Well, here's an interesting thing. I've played with it, like, are you trying something? I'm trying to not keep eating going while you're doing it. I get why you want that. You want the steady stream of my voice flowing into your ear?
Speaker 1: Okay, but.
Speaker 3: Okay. Podcast between two best friends discussing wellness, am beuity through a comedic lens that is also existential at times?
Speaker 1: Wait? Did you just compose that because it's just familiar?
Speaker 3: No, I just wrote that.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Here could the title laugh Lines Beauty, Wellness and the Meaning of Mescara? Host one, Welcome back to another episode of laugh Lines.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, this is, by the way, send me the scriptat.
Speaker 3: Laughlines. Is it came up with that?
Speaker 4: That is?
Speaker 3: By that you could pitch that? Okay, wait, let me drop into where's the chat? Okay, here, I'll start. Wait, wait, but where is it? It's in text?
Speaker 4: Oh? Okay, hold on, hold on, hold on, okay, all right, all right, all right, Welcome back to another episode of laugh Lines, where we explore duty, wellness, and the cosmos to the lens of two best friends who are just trying to figure.
Speaker 3: It all out.
Speaker 4: That's right, I'm Jacqueline and I'm Kate, and today we're diving deep into the existential crisis that comes with choosing the perfect shade of lipstick.
Speaker 3: Oh, the struggle.
Speaker 1: No, No, let's doing it not in the cheese voice.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's try to force it into Okay, great, our actual conversational voice without changing any words.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm going to go into my life that comes after that. Yeah, Oh, the struggle is real. You know, there's a whole universe of options out there, and each one comes with its own philosophical implications.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, It's like, do I go for the bull rett and you know, embrace my inner warrior or I stick with a subtle pink and channel my zen vibes.
Speaker 3: Too, but still can't Bringing in safe still doesn't work. And let's not forget the skincare betwine that takes longer than a Netflix series to finish.
Speaker 4: Oh, don't get me started on that. I mean, it's like a nightly ritual of hope and mofstreizer.
Speaker 1: Oh I hate that.
Speaker 3: Speaking of rituals, have you tried the new face mask? The promises to make you look ten years younger?
Speaker 1: Ten years younger. I'll take two please.
Speaker 3: But seriously, isn't it fascinating how our pursuit of beauty and wellness intersects with our deeper questions about existence?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, like what does it mean to glow from within? And how many green smoothies does it take to achieve enlightenment?
Speaker 3: And let's not forget the existential dread that sets in when you realize you forgot to wear sunscreen.
Speaker 4: Oh, the struggle is real, but hey, at least run it together, navigating this maze of face serums and face palms.
Speaker 3: That's right, because the end of the day, whether we're pondering the meaning of life or the best contry and techniques, laughter is always the best highlighter. Preach sister, thanks for tuning in to another episode of laugh Lines. Join us next time as we continue our quest for beauty, wellness, and the occasional existential crisis.
Speaker 4: Until then, remember, stay fabulous, stay curious, and always remember to blend your foundation down your neck.
Speaker 1: Bye bye.
Speaker 3: I mean that's insane. So but the problem with that, that's no, Let me adjust it. What do you want to tell them?
Speaker 1: That's it? They?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's give it direct notes.
Speaker 1: Let me hear your what was your original.
Speaker 3: Prompt a podcast between two best friends discussing wellness and beauty through comedic lens that is also exis potential at times.
Speaker 4: Right, so like a podcast that is sort of confusing because it's like, is this so like.
Speaker 3: How do you more conversational?
Speaker 1: I know what it's going to do?
Speaker 3: Include references to the great thinkers?
Speaker 1: How about like and look how fast? Don't hear?
Speaker 4: We use?
Speaker 3: We got the new one?
Speaker 1: All right, send it.
Speaker 3: This one is called Beauty, Wellness and Philosophical BFFs. Wait, hang on, hand on Okay, sorry, got it? Go so fast, it's already done.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, well that yeah, yeah, there's something really interesting about realizing that it doesn't require elapsement in time.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey there, welcome back to another episode of Beauty, Wellness and Philosophical BFFs. I mean, that's a bad title, but I'm Kate.
Speaker 4: And I'm Jacqueline. You're a partner in existential beauty crises. Today we're diving into the deep end of skincare and the meaning of life.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, because what better way to ponder the universe than while applying sheet mask?
Speaker 1: You know it? I mean Socrates might have said no thyself, but I think he'd agree that glow thyself is just as important.
Speaker 3: I mean, you could literally sell this to a shady company for fourteen million dollars. I know, all right, keep it going totally, and to Kart. I think therefore I am glowing exactly.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure he never had to decide between I cream and more sleep.
Speaker 3: And don't get me started on Nietzsche. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger? But does it also make you more radiant? Nietzsche said, what doesn't.
Speaker 1: Kill you make a stronger question?
Speaker 4: I know, sorry, I think so, but like not not actually okay, it was I think it was contextual. He was trying to actually come down to those phrase.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that phrase. I think he'd approve of our quest for the perfect shade of lipstick, though.
Speaker 3: Okay, for sure, it's all about embracing the inner uber mensh one lip liner at a time.
Speaker 1: And let's not forget Kureker Guard.
Speaker 4: Sometimes deciding on a facewash feels like making an ex essential leap of faith.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so this one sucks more, but absolutely to Foremer, not to film, that's the question.
Speaker 4: And cam I mean, this is like you're giving him a Camu. The absurdity of life is matched only by the absidity of try trying to blend conjuring. I mean this is like the worst demgation of AI we've seen.
Speaker 3: No, that's bad.
Speaker 1: I just mean, like it's kind of interesting. Like to me, it's like.
Speaker 3: I just said, I just said, make it fun I.
Speaker 1: Mean, doesn't GBT thy'll have like real ship in there, Like back to you could write, like, wait, what.
Speaker 3: Laugh lines is genius? I said make it funnier, and they came back with something that's anyway.
Speaker 1: I mean I think.
Speaker 4: Like, well, for one, I think jud GBT you can write in like write Caperlin and Jacqueline okay, like doing whatever, I.
Speaker 1: Know, discuss whatever.
Speaker 3: So I'm even more amateur.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm a little afraid, like generate.
Speaker 3: A dialogue dialogue between between Poop Pop Jacqueline Novac on there between Pooh Poo.
Speaker 4: Discussing Let's give it a topic, Yeah, great, Interstellar.
Speaker 3: Discussing the film Interstellar.
Speaker 4: And don't react until let me see it so we can react together.
Speaker 3: Don't Okay, Okay, I'm not. I'm just copying it. It's going fast. Okay, here we go, let's read it live raw.
Speaker 1: You gotta send it to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, hello, and welcome back to Pooh, your source for all things existential and unexpectedly hilarious.
Speaker 4: I'm Kate Berlant, and I'm Jacqueline Novak, your residents skeptic turned philosopher skincare. Today we're diving into the cosmic depths of Interstellar. Kate, what were your cosmic vibes after watching this film? I hate the world and discuss Jacqueline, Interstellar took me on a journey. It's like Christopher Nolan meets a black hole and suddenly we're contemplating love across dimensions.
Speaker 1: I want to know this is okay, This isn't like.
Speaker 3: You know, oh my god, oh my god. No, no, no, you say at one point, it's like no one was showing us the cosmic ballet of particles and emotions, just like finding the perfect serum. It's a delicate dance between science and self care. It's like, that doesn't make sense. Hans Zimmer. Hans Zimmer's score was like the serum to my soul, stirring up emotions.
Speaker 4: Yeah see, I've never used jet literally and like, but but but what I'm finding interesting is like I'm starting to think chet GPT is there to be bad okay, to to throw everyone off the scent of AI.
Speaker 3: No, totally totally like because it's actually coming laugh lines.
Speaker 4: Whoa, I'm just thinking about but I mean pure transparent. And see I was I was sitting there going controlling myself from telling you I could have come up with laugh lines Okay, yeah, of course, I mean that's you could, Okay, going, that's which. Of course I could, you know I could. I literally was like jealous of you thinking that it was genius.
Speaker 3: Like I was actually think it's genius. I think that's right. We would never Actually, it's just like it's so funny because it's exactly responding to swim that there would be a cultural appetite for which is a podcast called Laughlins from two you know bitches. Yeah, like you could pitch a podcast called laughlines to two actresses in their early sixties and they discussed aging. Yeah, a comical.
Speaker 4: Twist, that's a humor exactly, not taking ourselves too seriously. Yeah, I mean that was just like plug in first half of sentence, existential second half of sentence, like reference a beauty thing and then jam them together syntactically. Yeah, like that's what that was, you know what I mean, Oh yeah, them faking the right the chat gb TV being like, you know, throwing us off the scent of the real shit, totally like that.
Speaker 1: There was an article about this.
Speaker 4: We talked about it, I think, but like it was like everyone's like whatever, I can't go down.
Speaker 1: It's it's too I'll get there eventually. I'll get there eventually, you know. I mean, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's like I believe that art, Okay, if you're an artist will always there's always it will always find a way because it is it is an instinct that responds to whatever's going on, right, I'm not saying I'm not talking about obviously jobs industry.
Speaker 3: Of course you're talking about the pure No, I know completely, you know.
Speaker 4: But but like you there's no circumstance where I believe can't be an artist complete even if like no one's watching, I mean you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm not talking about the human impulse toward that at all, or I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, and I know you weren't.
Speaker 4: I just saying it for my own I mean, And then there's the whole thing of like you know, and I'm sure it's a faulty metaphor, but like, okay, the second the cameras invented, painting become irrelevant, you know, No, but painting as the way the way to represent accuracy to you know, to re produce an accurate image.
Speaker 3: Obviously like well this so that advent of photography. People were raging against it because they were like, this is literally going to replicate the known world, and we're not going to have the real world won't mean anything anymore. But by the way, that is what has happened. It just took much longer, and that will continue to happen and the roial world will always mean something, of course. But the way photography threatened, you know, specifically painting, they were like, this is going to if you can replicate the world, then why would we have painters.
Speaker 4: And never feels oh, actually now we really have painters. I mean like like now I think there are like now painters are having to say or or they did say, no, you've missed the point. It was never about replication or only replication. Maybe it was when you were a patron of you know, the mediciese or whatever. Yeah, you know, oh it's compelling what happened there? Right, completely, No, Like I remember my grandfather, I've probably talked to this, but like standing in like MoMA, like I used to sometimes go with my like New York, you know, grandfather to museums and you know he loved you know, shows me like mona whatever. But but then we're like at MoMA or something and having a discussion about like the canvas. It's just like a blue square, you know what I mean. And I'm like feeling like, no, it's it's meaningful. It just fucking is totally of course, of course it is. It's asking me to stand in front of the color blue. It's doing a thousand things, a million all right, thank god.
Speaker 3: The presence, the presence, thank god, and it shall never die. But there also is an unmistakable yeah and as yeah, we're not even talking about through the lens of like capital or jobs. Just surely on like a base impulsive, somatic level, it will never die.
Speaker 1: Like it'll if they go, well, yeah, I can write a story as good as you like.
Speaker 3: Well, by the way, no you can't. But it's also about what the appetite is, you know, it's like growing appetite audiences being truly like.
Speaker 4: Like animation didn't replace live action, right right, like in terms of having value, like live action still has value. And it's like it's like, but look, we can make we can tell these stories by just having these you know, these things move around whatever. And it's sort of like or or things having value like provenance, you know, like it's like the person attached to the thing and the larger story of these people made this thing has value.
Speaker 3: Of course, I like to think, I would hope, but this is actually what's being threatened in no way that I just actually I don't know anymore, but I would like to think humans will be able to detect humanity behind something, but we are going into territory where we absolutely won't be able to. And that's that's like the critical difference. And I do think, yeah, or just like this, standing in front of another person, standing physically in front of painting embodied physical existence, I think is going to have more power now, or it's going to be going to be sought after because the world is becoming so rapidly digitized and flattened, and so we will always crave that or want that, but it won't be the thing of we won't be able to detect it. So right now it's so you know, obvious and like it's so crude still like the chat cheepy tee thing. This is crude with it. But then now you know this is happening with video stuff and the sounds. I mean, it's not being able to tell the difference. This is the truth and that's what's yea, and already we can't.
Speaker 1: I mean, although I did start to wonder.
Speaker 4: If okay, if you have a closed system Okay.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, a robot was that a robotic foot?
Speaker 4: My foot stepped on a vacuum vacuum cleaner and it turned on.
Speaker 3: Shout out to shark Ninja for really sending us some fabulous.
Speaker 1: Vacuum Okay, shot shark Ninja.
Speaker 3: The creamy is here, honey.
Speaker 4: The creamy has arrived, although I've yet to use it because I was a little confused saying I have to cream were confusing.
Speaker 3: We're saying creamy July, so it's not creamy July. It Yeah, so you've been saying that around that lock in, lock in creamy July. Okay, Oh, I locked in like months ago.
Speaker 4: Wait, but I will say just before we move on that, I started to wonder if you have a closed system of internal thought, like you have a robot that believes it's real. Okay, oh, or you have a set of neurons whatever, okay in a box.
Speaker 1: You know why why why might why not might God give it a soul? The robot?
Speaker 4: Or like let's say someone, Yeah, let's say someone created a robot that physically like, operates like a human, looks like a human, the whole thing. Like, it's like, why might God be like that looks like a suitable container? And I'm speaking obviously whatever, why why because like carbon you know what I mean, Like, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just saying, like why, like, because it doesn't have a soul and it never will. It's made only of what hasn't put into it. Oh God, No, I know. I mean, hey, this is a big question.
Speaker 1: No, I mean because so much of us.
Speaker 3: Act automated, So many humans are we are automated in so many ways, and we have downloaded all the materials from previous and generations and we don't do ancestor work enough.
Speaker 4: But I'm just saying, can't find and it's it's you can't locate consciousness, you know, it's like the hard problem of consciousness I think is I always forget which one is the hard problem of consciousness, Like the hard problem.
Speaker 1: It's like you could see the thoughts.
Speaker 4: Moving around in the brain, but what you cannot find is who or what awareness is experiencing those thoughts. That's nowhere in the brain, the little person in the brain experiencing all the sensory where are they? Okay, you see, like who's having the thoughts? And that's why some beliefs are like there is one great awareness that you're tuned into awareness behind it all, and then you kind of have this illusion of your individuality, the illusion of separateness, like is a part of the large consciousness splitting off thinking. It's not a part of forgetting that it's you know, and that's the ego, and that's the and the creation of the universe with all of its individuals is an expression of that.
Speaker 1: That's like a kind of one version.
Speaker 3: And it's so much of it. Also, it's the mystery thing of like what there was that it was like that famous article from a million years ago, but about studying bats, like there were studying bats and bat consciousness and like how bats we saw and how they like their everything, And it was like we can learn everything about the bat, but we'll never know what it's like to be a bat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well there's that thing you can't prove other people have minds. M. It's like similar to the like I am a I don't know humanist, you know, I am a whatever, but I took it. I was able to go far enough to this point in a conversation of like like.
Speaker 1: Why am I valuing my carbon like based molecule?
Speaker 3: Like I just saw it. I just saw you like in some future version of yourself as your politician, like a pro robot politician, and you're like it's like it's like thousands of robots like praising you, and there's big banners of you, and and it's like who am I to sa God doesn't recognize you as having a soul, and all the robots are like yeah, and you're like it's like this real issue, like and some people find you to be like the most vile terrifying, like like you know, figure that's going to destroy humanity, And other people are like, honestly, like I feel like I'm not allowed to say this, but I do kind of feel like my home robot like has a soul and like They've been a great companion to me, and like who am I to kind of like is that that's so? You as like the robot mother and you it's.
Speaker 4: So I love it, and you as my media, you know you as he is my pr he was my careful campaign managers.
Speaker 3: Like, listen, I love that you think the robots have.
Speaker 1: This is a very good but very good probably.
Speaker 3: By the way, this is HBO what used to be. This is old school HBO. Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: This is unbelievable, and this is why it's real. It's like like I'm coming from like a god place, like I'm coming from a very you always come o my God place, God first place, and going like like almost humble, like I can't prove you know that I exist. I can't this robot can't you know? Like it's just.
Speaker 4: Always like nice when someone's just scratching their neck while talking, like look at them. What it's ah was like when you are desperate and it's time to pray. Okay, like you're just like right now and praying. What do the words sound like in your head? And are there I mean I'm assuming it's.
Speaker 3: Verbal, Yeah, I go verbal.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I'm just curious, like what are the words like, is it like please God blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty much it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, No, I was like thinking about like the spontaneous monologue of like of like.
Speaker 3: Help me, help me to be Yeah, Like.
Speaker 4: And I just just thinking about spontaneous you know, prayer, you know, one end complete like recitation, you know, on the other end, right, Hail Mary whatever, and then like maybe in between, I feel like there's a like how much cliche okay, how much common language of prayer? It's kind of collage of the culture slipping in like like so so if the word lord comes to me because I hear Carolyn May okay, she says like Lord, okay, like she's talking to prayer, and she's like and you know, and I'll say lord or whatever, and so it like flows in right, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally. Lords will. Creator is one that's kind of like hmm. It's like my like Cabala podcast. I always talking about like the creator, divine creator from like a creator. The creator to me has like like I don't have God baggage because again I hasn't raised religious or whatever creator sounds.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's creator.
Speaker 1: It's the same word as realtor, as builder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: It's a it's an er, you know, it's an earth thing. Yeah, so it's it's.
Speaker 4: Like and it sounds like an egotistical thing that if God were to name itself, it wouldn't call itself that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally. And I don't do well with spirit too. People say spirit as a way to like sidestep God. Yeah, like say God.
Speaker 4: They say it like sushi, you know, like like a kind of vague sort of it could mean it means the plurality, like.
Speaker 3: Like spirit, but say spirit. I don't mean to say, yeah, no, it's fine, who cares. But you know what, it's a weird thing too. Have you ever heard medical people talk about I was talking to an old friend who works in medicine. She was talking about where they say baby by the way they talk about like a pregnant they say, so they go baby, Oh oh, they go, so fourteen weeks baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's well to be introduced jargon.
Speaker 3: I just had the classic kind of horror movie thing of you have a baby and then they turn out to be evil and they try to kill you whatever.
Speaker 4: I was just talking about this with a expert in in.
Speaker 1: Literally crazy sort of horror. Like a week ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was having a text Crazy Baby, when Baby's Become Crazy.
Speaker 3: That's the book Connect.
Speaker 4: Okay, I literally said, it's I'll shout him out, Harold Scheckter. He's he's my friend, Richard Scheckter, No, okay, a professor of pop culture. And I like text him and it's he he's like my friend. You know, I grew up in his office. It was all the creepy things like and it was fabulous. Oh yeah, like Tarantula's and the little mini guillotines and and like disturbing art. And but I literally said to him, why, Like I go, what do you think hasn't been done in the horror genre that represents a repression so strong it hasn't even bubbled up yet in horror? Because that's not the movie I want to make, right, Yeah, And like I go, like, we've grown so accustomed to processing some unconscious fear through say the genre of.
Speaker 1: The evil child or demon baby.
Speaker 4: Like once something's almost a genre, has it lost its ability to be cathartic or is it healed in the psyche? And I don't know need to reply now because they're just like out of nowhere and then just some thoughts. I'm sure you have major insight on It's a good question. I've often pondered the question of whether it's possible to come up with a new type of monster. He goes, obviously, I just love like obviously, you know, He's like, obviously, Thomas Harris did it with the now mythical Hannibal Lecter that was already a quarter century ago.
Speaker 3: I was trying to think, like, it's almost like ift to go really banal, like that'd be the most scary thing, Like, yeah, exactly, Like the most scary thing is like, what if you didn't know who you were anymore and you were doing things that what's scary? Well, I said, I was like, what's my greatest fear? I was like, or I was like, oh, you know what's so terrifying The idea of people being unhappy in their lives, being rewarded for it for some choice, and not being able.
Speaker 1: To get out devil Devil's agreement.
Speaker 3: Not being able to doing insomnia horror, someone who can never sleep and they've lost their mind. It sucks.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's all good. I'm like silent because I'm like saving ideas for the cinema.
Speaker 3: I'm like, literally, I was. I was like, oh, like someone who.
Speaker 1: Because he's like I was seeing it about the new monster.
Speaker 3: It's interesting creating a new monster.
Speaker 4: And he's like, well, I think what Harris did was hit on the way to incarnate archetypal evil in a specifically modern day form. That's archetype's work and his diabolical genius, his manipulative brilliance, et cetera. Elector is Satan in the guise of a serial killer, and he goes, he's also seductive in the way that Lucifer.
Speaker 1: Is, and I go, yeah, he's a delight.
Speaker 4: And he goes, unless you're the FBI guy who was made in his own brains, I was like, oh, I forgot about it, but I was thinking about when electters like right, it's not scary to me. It's sort of like a bummer, Like it's like he's suddenly well it's goofy.
Speaker 1: It's goofy.
Speaker 4: It's and like not, it's sort of like he becomes very plain when he's actually getting down.
Speaker 1: He becomes very.
Speaker 3: Agreed you don't want to actually see it, but gets it's crazy, like when he eats the guards hell face, it was loud.
Speaker 1: You heard that, right, I heard that, but it didn't sound fucked up to me.
Speaker 3: I think it's just the door.
Speaker 4: But I gave him some ideas and he goes, I go, well, like, what about something sort of whatever?
Speaker 1: Whatever. He goes, I don't consider that horror.
Speaker 4: You might also explore theories on the distinction between terror and horror. And I was like, okay, yeah, And then relatedly, he goes one last thing. One of my favorite Emily Dickinson poems about the source of horror are hidden selves?
Speaker 1: Shall I read it?
Speaker 3: I think you know the answer.
Speaker 4: One need not be a chamber to be haunted. Yeah, one need not be a house. The brain has corridors surpassing material place far safer of a midnight meeting external ghost than an interior confronting that cooler host. Far safer through an abby gallop, the stones, a chase than moonless. One's a self encounter in lonesome place. Our self behind, our self concealed should startle most assassin, and hid in our apartment be horror's least. The prudent carries a revolver, he bolts the door, or looking a superior specter more near hmm, behind you like my dashes were a little off, but my pauses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's always funny when poems rhyme a little bit. I it's like, it's.
Speaker 1: Like so much to say about it.
Speaker 4: Well, the ones where it forces it, like where it forces you to be like serpentine to make it work.
Speaker 3: In the previous line, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: But I am very happy to be recording today and I'm happy for the next one because I am stressed out. It is it is wild. Heart rate soars before bed. I can see it. I'm a dang Okay, I see it jumps up high, high, high high, when it's like almost night.
Speaker 1: And this is what I know. This it's the terror of another day, loss to time and add.
Speaker 3: It's never lost.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry stressed. You know it could help.
Speaker 4: Meditation, hanging out, well, the social is really good for the brain.
Speaker 3: Oh well, you need it.
Speaker 1: But you know, I got to get a day's work in and then.
Speaker 3: Not every day. Can't work every day? Really absolutely not crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, but you said the thing about the Sabbath, and I just want to say, because I think in Maranogulized stunning new book All Fours, there's a thing about like the weekly being like masculine like the the because like talking about basically like the monthly. You know, we have a monthly cycle, you and me, not to brag, how to show off. Okay, that builds in, like in theory, a week of rest, that would be like we would probably be better off if we just had one week a month, Sam saying.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely averaging weekly is.
Speaker 4: Pushing the plea is forcing a cycle in a man's world like it's it's it's inputting a day of rest where there wouldn't be one or something, right, I can't remember exactly, like whatever, No, it's interesting, Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come over for Sabbath. Obviously I'm not going to be able to actually stick to it every week, but once a month.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think.
Speaker 4: In conclusion, I think going home with plant based could change your entire experience of your digestion cape.
Speaker 3: But I am mostly plant based.
Speaker 4: No, But that's that's what I'm saying. I'm not talking about the absence of other things adding in getting you to get a dozen in every day.
Speaker 3: I'm all about it. I'm really interested and I'm gonna do it. You know what, I'm gonna start doing it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Will you do a test of ground flax and.
Speaker 4: See if I told you ground floxed me and my stomach. No, I know, but I'm wondering I did too much? You ground it?
Speaker 1: What was the deal?
Speaker 3: Fox seed meal?
Speaker 1: I just look into it.
Speaker 4: But you know brown flock seeds tablespoon a day, that's one of the things. Yeah, okay, I'll do it. I know you're getting beans every day. Are you getting cruciferous vegetable every day? No, so that you need a serving of I'm not getting beans every day, to be honest, all right, you need a fourth of a cup. I recall you last week saying saying that's not easy. It's nothing. I'm just experimenting with shoving it onto people.
Speaker 3: Will you send me again? You parents the list somewhere.
Speaker 1: Like it's impossible to find, and it was like literally in.
Speaker 3: The link, well it was there was like behind then I oh shit, all right, I'm often calls.
Speaker 1: I have to go, You're out of here.
Speaker 3: That was food.
Speaker 2: If you enjoyed Poop, please subscribe, rate and review. If not, we will press charges.
Speaker 3: Poop is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players.
Speaker 1: And iHeartRadio Podcasts.
Speaker 4: Created and hosted by Kate Berlan and Jacqueline Novak.
Speaker 3: Executive produced by Lyra Smith.
Speaker 1: Edited and mixed by Ali Graham, Music.
Speaker 3: By theta hammil artwork by Robert Baty.
Speaker 4: Follow Poog on Instagram at Poog Podcast, or on TikTok at This is Poog.