Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast. There is something to celebrate every single day, birthdays, anniversaries, but even if it's not a big day like that, celebrate people in your life. Say I love you, I appreciate you. I love the way you look at the world. I love the way you put colors together. I love the way you do your hair. I love the way you project yourself into the world. I love the music you write, the poems you write, the energy you share. I love you. Let the people you know that you care about, let them feel in the very morrow of their being how much they matter. Hi, good evening, Welcome to the Delilah Show. Who is this?
Speaker 2: This is Nancy.
Speaker 1: Nancy with who in the background.
Speaker 2: That would be Brenna.
Speaker 1: Brenda Is daughter.
Speaker 2: Friend is my daughter. She's seven months old and she's right now just loving this phone and want to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Of course she does. Everybody wants to be on the Delilah Show.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. How are you tonight, Delaia wonderful?
Speaker 1: What can I do for you?
Speaker 2: Well, she just turns seven months old and I've been listening to your show on and off for many years, but I really started listening to it when I became pregnant with her, and lots of nice drives home, drive home from work, you know, with the lyylan and thinking about her and thinking about the stories, and I thought, well, wouldn't that be fun to play a song for her? This is a late pregnancy, and it was, and it was a little bit of a rough road, but because of the immense support, I mean, my doctor's office, they became my family and they were amazing. And then my family has been outstanding. I just I couldn't even tell you. And then, you know, I imagined, I imagine, I imagine what it would be and how it was going to be. And it's just you didn't know until I held her, until I fell her next to me, and can't you just don't know.
Speaker 3: There's no words to describe, there's no way to explain it. That you can read books and talk to people and talk to your own mother, and then when it finally happens and you either adopt or give birth to a child, and you hold that child and look in their eyes and feel that instant bond, that connection, that goes deeper than love, deeper than life.
Speaker 2: It does, and then you're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, it was just an amazing moment. Hello, good evening. You've called the Delilah Show. Who is this?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this is actually Julilah?
Speaker 1: I am. Who are you?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I'm Christian. I'm a first time caller, a long time listener. I've been listening to you since I was five.
Speaker 1: Well, welcome aboard, Christian, thank you for calling. How old are you?
Speaker 4: I'm twenty years old.
Speaker 1: So are you in college? Are you in the workforce? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm in college and the workforce.
Speaker 1: You're doing both, so you're you're burning the candle at both ends, yes, ma'am. Well, I'm glad I get to be a part of that routine. What can I do for you tonight?
Speaker 4: Well, it's a long story.
Speaker 5: I got my heart broken about a year ago and it was the love of my life, and to this day, I still love her, even though I don't talk to her and I miss her deeply and I would want to call her and I have her phone number, but I tell myself not to you, and it's just it's hard to move on, like you date other peace. People say to other just it just every time I just want to get back in a relationship, I just think about her and how she made me feel, and if I ever feel that way again, you.
Speaker 1: Will never feel that way again. Let me just say that, because she was your first true love and you gave her a part of yourself that you cannot give to someone else. It's a once in a lifetime thing. So don't try to duplicate those feelings or don't think that you have to feel that way again. Okay, give yourself permission and just say, you know what, God, that was a gift. It was a once in a lifetime experience. But you will love again. You can love again, and you can love again entirely and completely, but it won't be the same. You can love again, and you will love again. You're young. You will love again, but don't think that it's going to be like your first true love, because it won't be.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Delilah, I very much appreciate it, and you don't even know how excited I am to have finally talked to you after fifteen years of comming.
Speaker 1: Well, I predict that the next time you make it through, you're gonna make it through telling me, Delilah, do you remember when we had that conversation and I didn't think I would ever love again? Guess what? And you are going to tell me about somebody that won your heart and adores you completely.
Speaker 4: Oh my God, thank you, Delilah. I love you so much. You're incredible and I listen to you every day and I'm gonna listen to you for the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: God bless you. Bye bye, honey. Let's start over here, Anna. So I've been talking to your daughter who's going through a breakup, but I got to hear from you. Is this guy a good guy? Is he worthy of your daughter's life? Or is he a slacker?
Speaker 6: No, he's a slacker.
Speaker 7: He's not worthy of her loves. She doesn't serve him. She has a chance to be in a relationship that someone has a head on the shoulder. This guy is he knows where he's.
Speaker 5: Going in his life.
Speaker 1: So you're hoping that she gets over this creepy axe and gives the new guy a chance.
Speaker 7: She's give him a chance. That's all that we ask is that you know, give the guy a chance. And I think that she's at a limbo right now. Like she's kind of put in her life on hold, and it upsets me because you know it's he's not worth it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, no, no, no, we're not going to let that happen.
Speaker 7: Ma, I don't want that.
Speaker 1: You and I are not going to let that happen.
Speaker 7: She's gonna stand still at this moment, and she wants this new guy. I think she's just just more afraid of getting her time around. D Lailah.
Speaker 6: I want to tell you something. I honestly think that talking to you was a blessing in disguise and that this was a really, really good night for me.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell yeah, if you're going to be with somebody, you have to beat with somebody who is as crazy about you as you are them.
Speaker 6: It's really true. And I hopefully I'll find that, and I know I will. And from this moment on, Delilah, I'm going to take your advice and I will call you maybe six months from now, and something magical might happen, and you will definitely be the first person that I would think of if anything magical happens between this guy and I.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I know something magical is going to happen, and I don't even think it's going to take six months.
Speaker 6: Oh thank you, Delilah.
Speaker 1: And give your mam a hug for me, because boy, does she love you. Steve wrote to me and says, I saw an elderly couple in my medical office. Both were about eighty, and the husband was becoming frail, showing his age. My medical assistant walked him down the hall to get his way. His wife and I watched him slowly shuffle down the hall, relying heavily on his cane. She looked at him admiringly. I saw an elderly, weakened man, as if reading my mind, she commented, most people when they see my husband see an old man. I still see that young, eighteen year old man I fell in love with. I love that man. Thank God that love is enduring and sometimes designed to last forever. Steve, thank you for writing your sentiments and to everybody who is still in love with that eighteen year old kid despite what life and time and age has done. My hat is off to you. I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you. I'll share more with you each weekday on Hey it's delilah
Speaker 5: Famb