Speaker 1: The one where taking my.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to talk now. So thanks to listening to two cool moms. I'm Joe. Tell the people who you are, Steve.
Speaker 1: We're going Steve Burn, Steve Burn.
Speaker 2: Baby, Hello, Well we're two cool moms. Friend.
Speaker 1: You were just watching trailer for a summer movie.
Speaker 2: Summer movie. I love summer blockbuster season.
Speaker 1: My favorite. The minute I say summer blockbuster, what's the first movie that comes to my pendance?
Speaker 3: Day?
Speaker 1: Really, white, White and day.
Speaker 2: I just think it. I just did.
Speaker 1: Just that's the one that comes to mind.
Speaker 4: I guess it's also it's it's based in the summer, you know, fourth of July weekend. But yeah, yeah, that's that's one of the ones I really think. I mean, for a while, Will Smith on that market of summer blockbuster, Right, there's always one who all his films came out.
Speaker 1: I think now it's just a I don't know, facebuster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: When Stallone and Schwarzenegger were dropping there, they were like the big action here is there. Movies weren't necessarily summer movies though, they were just coming out when they came out, right, I.
Speaker 1: Don't remember I want to be in summer blockbuster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. What did you? What about you for Blockbuster? Well, now it's all marvel, right, all the Marvels. They always kick off the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I mean, I I just think I don't know Jaws because there was the first one and I finished reading that book by the uh by the author. But yeah, that was the first summer blockbuster Jaws, was it?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did not know that.
Speaker 1: Because because films were not geared towards you know, uh being seasonal or anything like that. But now you see Star Wars films were being released in May, so just as kids getting out of school. So hopefully you have a long theatrical run with you made the fourth three with you, but then you have then because of scheduling with the last ones that they rebooted, they released them over the holidays. She get a strong holiday running the new year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true too.
Speaker 4: That's a good time to drop drop a film, right, Well, if it's a family film. Yeah, the Halloween movies, I mean, you get all the horrors come out around then, so I can say there's a single, you get the rom comms are on Valentine's Day, Mother's Day run then right.
Speaker 1: But you just saw the flash trailer. What do you think, did youreve look great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm gonna I'm gonna see it. I'm gonna see it.
Speaker 1: Definitely go see it. I just when I was watching, I was like, they cast Ezra Miller like a young boy, and then they showed the little boy and it's like, kid can't even run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you notice that?
Speaker 1: Like why would you cast a kid that like looks at him but it looks like he just learned to run? It like a like a newborn fawn, like like the kind.
Speaker 4: Of like the legs, the legs haven't liked. It's on the side of the Garden State Parkway, like what's going on?
Speaker 1: But it looks Look all those DC movies they always look they always look great. I was get excited and then you go and you're kind of like it was good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had written a summer blockbuster the beginning of it.
Speaker 4: This was pre nine to eleven, and I had done a summer blockbuster where the opening sequence was a synchronized bombing attack all across New York where at Chase. It opened in Shae Stadium and there was a picture stepping on the mound and he was he was like kicking the thing and he steps on the the that I don't know what that white thing is called. He steps on, and then he just notices like a little red light like under it, and then like he lifts it up and it's like the bottom of the center. There's like a big part of the game everybody's you know, and it lifts listed up and he just sees it and it's just he just sees like a counter under it, under it. And then at the same time, like there's a people stuck on the Verazana Bridge and all this stuff, and then like you know, they just see all these people find these clocks and it's just a synchronized New York just gets decimated. And then it was the story of this commander that had to come out of retirement and go and and and like solve all of it.
Speaker 2: Like that was like my big thing that I had written, like the first maybe fifteen twenty pages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a pretty cool opening. Though.
Speaker 2: It's a cool opening.
Speaker 1: I would say I'd feel bad for people and Shay like the Arizona, it's like, eh, fucking that's all right.
Speaker 2: It's okay. That bridge as out of bridge is the longest suspension bridge in America?
Speaker 1: Is it really?
Speaker 2: Yes? It is.
Speaker 1: What's the what's the distance?
Speaker 2: Two point six miles? I made that up. I don't know, but it's long.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing too, though, they actually it's so long that it has to have curvature, so you go uphill while you're driving it and downhill while you're.
Speaker 2: Coming over it. But it is the longest break longest suspension bridge in mine.
Speaker 1: I was just a San Francisco.
Speaker 2: And Golden Gates, A nice bridge.
Speaker 1: See, here's my point. Here's my point. Shoe, go to any souvenir shop. What's that?
Speaker 2: Is it? Two point five miles? Point five miles?
Speaker 1: Almost exactly?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Guess you said two points. You're off by a tenth of a mile. That's crazy. You just guess that.
Speaker 5: Dis guess that's sorry, athlete, it's two point five to nine.
Speaker 2: Ah, so I round it up.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is pretty amazing, dude, you're the mat fleet.
Speaker 4: You know what I think I did Actually once, now that I'm saying it, I think once I clocked it because I drive over used to drive over it all the time. Yeah, and I think I was like, how oh is this thing? And I think there's that just stuck in my head. I never knew it, you know, but I guess it just popped up, popped up its head, that geeky math.
Speaker 1: Number of things like all right, well you're single now, yep, so feel free to drop that knowledge bomb on all the ladies in the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeaht me tell you a thing or two about a thing or two.
Speaker 1: There was one time I rented one of those little yellow uh tourist cars. Do you ever see those? They're kind of like go karts, but you have to help the helmet all you get too around the thing and it's and and it's pretty cool because it has like a little radio and it's like a GPS thing and it tells you where to go like a little lady. It's programmed and it tells you where to drive and everything. Yes, there, here's the thing. It's electric powered. It's not gas powered. And so when you're going uphills you are they say stay in the road in the ark cars just like like anybody that there up the hell. It's really embarrassing. It's not worth the the way of seeing the city like that, Like you're a grown man get on the trolley.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so funny.
Speaker 4: I yeah, I can't imagine you spent much time in San fran though.
Speaker 2: I did like the company I worked for. A giggle started there.
Speaker 1: Oh really when I.
Speaker 4: Went back, that's where the hometown was when I went to train the little store, and then they opened a lot in the Bay Area. They were in Walnut Creek, they were in a Corta, madera, a lot of places around there.
Speaker 2: So I had spent some time in San Frana.
Speaker 1: It's such a beautiful sit so great. I love it so great.
Speaker 4: I got there was a great CVS there that I got a Royal Dance cookie bit from in two thousand and one a CBS.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, now you can just take anything you want that's right in the CBS and San France that you do that.
Speaker 4: We did the first thing, first time it was eving San Francisco for real reels, was with the boys.
Speaker 2: We played.
Speaker 4: Our first big gig was a San Francisco Sketch Fest. It was year one for them. They have their on like they just celebrited. I think they're twenty year anniversary.
Speaker 1: Oh, you guys were at the first one.
Speaker 2: Were the first one ever the Tenderloins.
Speaker 1: And this is just when you guys are just on YouTube, just like i'd they discover you.
Speaker 2: Then you're just on YouTube. You submitted, Yeah, we submitted.
Speaker 4: For it, and we did one of our sketches, but one of our sketches had a geisha woman in it, and we didn't.
Speaker 1: Realize how excuse me, Joe, I'm gonna have to.
Speaker 4: And we didn't realize how sensitive a topic it was, especially in San Francisco. Oh right right, and it bombed bad and then we were like, why did this because it's We're like, this is funny.
Speaker 2: It's kills in Staten Island and then we were like, oh.
Speaker 4: It's insensitive and you did it like in their backyard like so it was it was that was a bad experience.
Speaker 1: There was Murray the geisha. No.
Speaker 2: Our friend Gideon, who used to be honest, was as erm minute really yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So you had a few different members prior to.
Speaker 4: Botch started it for Ust Mike Pacio and before we had Q and then when we expanded to be traveling sketch. Gideon was a great sketch actor, so he came in. He was an active friend of ours in New York.
Speaker 1: Did you ever wonder or contemplate how different things would be? Obviously they worked at the way they did. Man, Yeah, I mean how the different personalities. It just obviously it worked. You know, how different would it have been? Very yeah, very yeah, yeah, very.
Speaker 4: I think Ques was a difference maker because when you put Q in there, he had a different perspective on comedy. He had a different viewpoint. He wasn't afraid to speak his mind on stuff. He cared in a way right, like in a big way that made other people. His care was like infectious, a little bit right. You know, there was a thing about like kinda you wanted to he was for me, he was a little bit more of an outsider. I didn't know him as well as he had knew Mur and Sal. So there was a thing of like trying to impress the wrong word, but it's kind of the right word too. It's like you want to, you know, show that you could be funny, go think of something outside the box kind of stuff. So, and also like to get retorts from him or to when you're writing with him, and it was always fresh. It was always different, you know when I wrote with you know, me and Sal has got Mary's got a very corny, well executed humor. He knows corny well, he could be very corny. He writes funny. When it comes to corny, he acts it very well. He plays a great straight man when it comes into something, yeah, things like that. He he knows how to overact comedically, like those kinds of things.
Speaker 2: That's his wheelhouse, you know. So to write for Murray was really easy. Sal on the other hand side, you could just say, Sal.
Speaker 4: Order order a cupcake and he would do it funny, like you have to write for Sal really, you know. And then it was cue where Q was really when you wrote for Q, it was like he was kind of like this not as happy kind of guy.
Speaker 2: He kind of he kind of like Blue Collary feel to him.
Speaker 1: He's like he's more than every man kind of a little bit.
Speaker 2: But not that Sal and Q and I mar and I aren't. You know. I'd argue that we probably are on equal playing fields. Besides Murray.
Speaker 4: Murray has a little bit more of a an air to him about being like I went to Georgetown, you know what I mean kind of feel, But like I mean, sALS that was a bartender. He was a man of the people, you know what I mean. I mean Salah, you know, Sala was a bartender. You can't get more man of the people in a bar.
Speaker 1: S of course I was.
Speaker 4: I was in sales, you know, I was working in retail, you know. So it was kind of like that. It was just like mur was in production. You know Murray, you know, so when you're writing for Murry, he was like, uh, more business manny, I guess it's the right way, right right, So that when you put Q in the mix of that, that's really what sparked the whole thing up where it was like, oh, this is this is the right formula, this is the.
Speaker 1: Right recipe, right, yeah, so just kind of recalibrated and.
Speaker 2: Everybody fell in the role.
Speaker 4: He really liked writing, but he didn't like directing or you know as macho or whatever.
Speaker 2: You nobody really liked to write, and he.
Speaker 4: Was really good at it is still and you know, the way his mind work was different, and when you put somebody putting in a different thought than everybody else is thrown in the.
Speaker 1: Water, right right.
Speaker 2: So it was kind of fun.
Speaker 1: And how long had you guys been together at least the core three prior to.
Speaker 4: Well we formed a ninety nine and then Q came in in two thousand and well, I moved in three and I came back in five, So I think he joined in two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: Two thousand and six, Phil Full Wow, Yeah, I think it was that he had guessed and worked with us all throughout it.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: We did this format called the Armando.
Speaker 4: Which was basically someone gave got up and gave a monologue, and then you made scenes off their monologue.
Speaker 2: They told a story. She's a great storyteller. It's a very full life.
Speaker 4: So he would get up there and tell a story and from that we would create three scenes from that. Then he would come back in whatever. And he'd always done that for us. He was our best. They would call the monologist. He was our best monologists always.
Speaker 1: It's pretty fascinating. So the Armando.
Speaker 4: Armando Diaz it was named after. It came from a UCB style Bright Sitizens Brigade in New York. It was just based on the Harald is a long form story where it doesn't have monologues, where you basically just make up a play, visit each scene three times. You make three scenes up and visited three times, and each have a conclusion, and the last scene ties everything together.
Speaker 2: That's called the.
Speaker 4: Harold Armando has a monologist in the middle, so you're making like kind of vignettes and it breaks it up and it makes what's kind of like a stand.
Speaker 2: Up feel, and it was a cool marriage.
Speaker 4: And everything doesn't have to wrap up as cleanly because you're coming back from the stories and whatnot, but when it.
Speaker 2: Does, it's pretty cool too. So like that was what that's the format we did and we just loved it.
Speaker 1: So so Independence Day bringing it all back in defends day. All Right, here we go, let's get into this.
Speaker 2: Why did you hear everybody falling asleep while I was.
Speaker 1: This is coming to us? Three people might have found that interesting? Cowboy Kate, I found it interestink right, I didn't. I did not know, because you know, you always hear the things about jokers, about like lifelong friends high school. I didn't know that you guys were together virtually six years and then you know, he comes in and then.
Speaker 2: It's just yeah, but we went to high school with him too. He with us in high school, and he performed with us all through the ten ones time. He just wasn't an official loin.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. I just I always assume doomed joined at the hip, but I was wrong. Cowboy Kate, A.
Speaker 2: Timing might have been completely offer that too, but that's how I remember.
Speaker 1: It, right, But you know the Verrizono the Averzona Bridge two point six two five nine, Cowboy Kate writes to us, Ok, cowbocate and uh, this is a little depressing because I preferse I prefer to get a message from reverse Cowgirl Kate, but.
Speaker 2: To get when you come what comes in by.
Speaker 1: Sure she's never heard that before. Uh. Okay, if you could have a lifetime supply of something, what would it be? A lifetime supply?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: So now first you gotta spill that in the two things. Are you doing fantastical or you're doing like real? Let's do both, Okay, so let's start with fantastical. Fantastical lifetime supply of anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have to say, oh that's tricky. Okay, fantastical you're go lifetime suplay of anything? I would want unlimited like or an easier way to do it. But but just like unlimited miles on an airline, so I could go anywhere I want. That'd be my Fantastic Awards points.
Speaker 2: Yes, lifetime supply.
Speaker 1: Of rewards, it just it just never ends. I could I could fly anywhere.
Speaker 4: Okay, So then I would just take that out of the next for you and just say, well, when you have a lifetime supply of AMEX gift cards.
Speaker 2: Because then you could buy anything and travel, so you could use those.
Speaker 4: But then if you want to pick out yourself up a Rolex watch, you just peel them off the five hundreds.
Speaker 2: That's money.
Speaker 1: I see what you said your your I went, I went micro and then you went macro. Said well, why when you're doing.
Speaker 2: You said, how do I make travel? Lifetime supply? That was a great answer.
Speaker 1: I think I know what yours would be watches.
Speaker 2: It's not bad, but you run out. My first thing honestly.
Speaker 1: Went out of time. You've never run out of time, so you never.
Speaker 2: Out of time.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, yeah, Stevie Weavey, that I was thinking I would. The first thing came to my mind.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. It was comfy blankets.
Speaker 1: That's the worst. You get a blanket anywhere, No, you can.
Speaker 4: But if I had a lifetime supply of them, once it got a little I don't get rid of That's why I get no one.
Speaker 2: That's why that's what came out. But I would like shoes.
Speaker 5: No, I would probably say shoes, because you got it's something that needs.
Speaker 2: To get run through, and shoes get ruined a lot.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. If somebody said to you, I'll give you a lifetime shoes, or you could travel anywhere you want anytime on any airline, what would you choose. I take the airline shoes, I'd buy you can always buy shoes. Yeah, you can't buy you can't buy trips all. I mean you could, right, But to just have that access to go anywhere at the dry drop of a dime, that's fun. That'd be sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But no, But then one you just like say, like get a private plane and you're done. Then if you're.
Speaker 1: Driving, this is a lifetime supply, is not a This is not a life. Okay, I get a lifetime supply private chess? You is that what you want?
Speaker 2: That's not right, that's not right. That's not plane. That's not the spirit of the game. I see what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but in your in your fantasy, you're flying economy maybe comfort plus.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the fantasy.
Speaker 2: It's like I'm gonna get extra leg rop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. I I would get my wish up like Genie, are you sure? It's like uh huh. And then i'd be in a middle seat going to Tokyo. I'd be furious. I'd be like, fuck it, I'm not going.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: If I had a middle seat to Tokyo, I probably wouldn't go. No, no, I have to have a window. That little jiggy had a middle seat to Tokyo.
Speaker 3: For sure, you saving money, he's saving money, he's he probably he's probably sleeping in the overhead storage, pinching yen as they say, Yeah, lifetimes apply that fantastical for real, Like it's got to be a food thing, right, it's gotta be like a lifetime.
Speaker 1: Reality would be food. Yeah, I would think, you.
Speaker 2: Know, a lifetimes to apply a clean water, clean drinkable water.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus, you live in America. What do you in? Right?
Speaker 4: You live here, but you're going on your trips and you end up in Mazakusku and you you don't know me.
Speaker 2: It's south of par you're getting you're there, and you get there.
Speaker 1: You can take their barrizono.
Speaker 2: Two point five to nine miles you get you're thirsty, you want to do a drink, you drink all you would.
Speaker 1: Get a lifetime supply of fresh I mean, come on, dude.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think, be practical, Like what do you need? What was your fantastical fantastical was shoes? So you're really in on shoes, that's it. You could go to any So this is like across the board, this is Nike. You could go to Yeah, although you you messed up, you step in, don't hit your thirty shoes out, you get new shoes.
Speaker 2: Think about that. Think about how much you spend on shoes. How many pairs of shoes have you had in your life? That's pretty it's a lot.
Speaker 1: It's a lot. I have a lot of sneakers.
Speaker 2: I see what I'm saying. So all of a sudden, all of a sudden, shoes isn't so silly? And how often do you how long are you going to travel? You have to work? You know what I'm saying, Will you travel for work?
Speaker 1: Shoes are not that expected like a shoe is.
Speaker 2: You'll put in a monetary value. I'll put a convenience. I put a convenience value. But here's the other thing. If I have a lifetime supplies shoes. One day I'm wearing the shoes are gone.
Speaker 5: Three hundred and sixty fivedays a year, I'm getting three hundred and sixty five pairs of shoes.
Speaker 2: Maybe if I'm going out at night, I'm in a Dubel. I'm gonna do it too. Down here, let's call it seven hundred pairs a year.
Speaker 1: Well, now yourself volcano, Well exactly, let's say said I've never seen more shoes.
Speaker 5: Let's say five hundred and fifty pairs a year. That's conservative.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's that's if you're Brewster's millions.
Speaker 2: That's disposable shoes.
Speaker 1: That's like, I've got to use all these shoes, right, I've got to spend this million dollars in one month.
Speaker 4: I'm making something that I'm making something disposable that doesn't have to be I see what you're saying.
Speaker 1: See, I think fantastically. I think I think I I think I knocked it out of the park. Okay with I know with flights.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree. That's actually pretty good.
Speaker 1: Or you could say, like unlimited concert tickets. I would do that one too. I would go see any show I want anytime.
Speaker 2: That is a better one. That's a better one, hands down.
Speaker 4: Because I still think trips no, because you could always buy a ticket to anywhere you can't get into it, like the new concert if it sells out.
Speaker 2: You can can be shut out of a concert.
Speaker 1: You could get tickets. All you have to do is call your agent.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about me.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about me, talking about person, and we think that's gonna last forever.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking shoke out from cool moms.
Speaker 2: Can I get?
Speaker 4: Can I get tickets to see Jesse's Girl the eighties hip hop of the eighties Comma Band?
Speaker 2: Sorry, Joe, who's this?
Speaker 1: I still think air travel is the best one.
Speaker 2: Travels not bad, but the the what do you call? It's not bad either?
Speaker 4: How about this I'll take I'll take concerts. I guess you take that and we'll go everywhere together and.
Speaker 1: Say we go, okay, great, we'll go. What do you do for tea? Swizzle swizz?
Speaker 2: What do you have to do for real? What do you have to do for like the real one? Like, it's got to be food, right, because you'll never go hungry. You gotta be food, never go hungry.
Speaker 1: But you can't just say food. I don't think that's no, no, yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: But so it has to be like cornstarch.
Speaker 1: But then it's like, are you getting gluttonous? Like is this a guilty pleasure?
Speaker 2: No, it's gotta be survival one. It's got to be like.
Speaker 1: We're We're not on the History show, History Channel show alone. You know, it's like we live.
Speaker 2: In the thick of anything.
Speaker 4: If it's going to be life to our supply of it, I mean, I gets sick of oreos. A lifetime supply of oreos. You know what oreo tests me, test me, let's see challenge.
Speaker 2: I don't have that much time left. It's not that big of an event kill me.
Speaker 1: Oreo boy, a lifetime supply of.
Speaker 2: That's why I went with water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what you get water right now?
Speaker 2: It's free. It's true. But I'm saying I'm here, I'm not in Morumby. If I'm in Morumbi, where's it's south of Anura? Banera? Bread? Yeah, I guess that. I think. I think it's got to be some sort of food thing.
Speaker 1: Eggs or to your point earlier, underwear.
Speaker 2: Great, great, you can just chuck it, chuck them. You don't have to wash nothing. Unlimited supply of clothing.
Speaker 1: That that's that. I probably save you so much time, Oh my god, energy. No dry cleaning, soaps, no washing, dry folding.
Speaker 2: No folding, wrinkles, ironing, done, all that party. I have to get what it's like to I mean, these says like I was gonna be like I do.
Speaker 1: These are little fuckers. They were something once and throw out. I'm like, oh, I haven't watched these jeans in four months. Put it back on the shelf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what that's that's that's actually a pretty good one.
Speaker 1: Clothing can be good shoes, all right.
Speaker 2: Next question I'm doing with this one.
Speaker 1: I said McDonald's French triest though, Oh yeah, I love them. I'll tell you this. I had one of and I'm not Joe going I say this. I took a picture of it. Of course. I had one of the greatest sushi meals I've ever had last night.
Speaker 2: I'm so jealous. You invite me.
Speaker 1: Japanica.
Speaker 2: Japannka, Japanica, Japanica.
Speaker 1: It's right around the corner from Panera Fat but Japanica. I think it's called Japanica. It's uh in between the stand the cellar. I was walking down. I was like, I could eat. I went in. They closed a ten thirty. I was like, this is perfect. I had my book with me, sat down, maybe two other couples in there. I had a what's the white wrap called? You know when you get a crab roll and it's the white it's not the green soy paper, but it's white.
Speaker 4: Is the rice on the outside or the soy Maybe it's a rice wrap or something like that, but it's really sat on the outside.
Speaker 1: They crisped the sesame seeds on it, Oh my god. And the crab was fresh. It wasn't becauseation is this cra It's real crab. I had a you know, the the yellow tail. They usually give you a ponzu. They had this green sauce. Is this? I asked him. I go, what is this sauce? It's fantastic. Use It's a jalapino sauce. It was a sweet jilipino sauce. It was like a tang to it, right, and it was a little hot. But they it was like sweet and sour and it was this. It was they they blended it.
Speaker 2: Sauces make the Oh my god, come on, I want to go you want to go.
Speaker 1: It was fantastic. One of the best meals I've ever had. What's the point? What's the point?
Speaker 2: Unlimited food? You said, French fries, And that's how we got there.
Speaker 1: So I had this great I had this great sushi. Go do my show. Get back to the room. I know he got two hours of work to do. I'm up late on my fries. Let's get some McDonald's. Yep, and I got it. I'm telling you, when you don't have McDonald's for a while, that quarter pounder is sensational. The fries are fantastic.
Speaker 2: You had to feel.
Speaker 1: Terrible twenty minutes alf and I got an unsweetened tea. But then I got a coke just so I could have I just want a few SIPs, just a few. When you don't have sugar for have you? Have you gone on like a sugar strike for a while, and then you have a coke? Never you ever done a Mike. I don't drink colas or soda?
Speaker 2: Is that often?
Speaker 1: I'm a Seltzer guy, But as soon as I get that sweet rush of soda.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 1: When you do that for the first you're like, wow, that's a lot. You all you do is taste of the sugar.
Speaker 2: Hurts my teeth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's it's I was like, goda, damn, I haven't had a cocain a while, and I I had like two or three SIPs and I was like, goddamn, is fucking awful.
Speaker 2: It's like way too Really, it wasn't a coca and a smile as a cocing a while telling you stuff. That's why they say, yeah, I keep having it. You can have a cocing a while. It's not covid a smile.
Speaker 1: There's the first.
Speaker 2: Merch co.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, this is it is interesting, all right, all right, it's very interesting. This is uh quite the conundrum.
Speaker 2: Oh well, that's what we're here for.
Speaker 1: Coming us from rach hey Mom's fact check inquiry. Since you, since you are both dads to a son and a daughter, would you say this is true?
Speaker 2: So we're gonna be giving a statement. We have to say, do we think it's true?
Speaker 1: Did you say this is true? I would die for my son. I would kill for my daughter love the pod, So would you say this is true? I would die for my son. I would kill for my daughter.
Speaker 2: Who So the way you break it down. Well, I think I would. I would die for both of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And some say that's the definition of love. I've heard that. It's like when you're asked, how do you define love? Thousand different and one of the big definitions is that you would die for that individual.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I think.
Speaker 1: It's got its roots and Christianity.
Speaker 5: Oh I got you so but okay, So the first thing I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I would think about it.
Speaker 2: I would think about it.
Speaker 1: It's like, would you die for this, well, Tuesday or is it like Friday? I get to what we got playoffs NHL.
Speaker 4: My family would have an easier time existing with me than one of I contribute a little bit more.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be honest. You could have another one of those.
Speaker 1: Has he ever written a cold open?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: But that also implies that you would that you wouldn't die for your other one, and you wouldn't kill for your other one.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't kill for I wouldn't kill for my son. I wouldn' kill for my son.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I Well, I guess that means that you would take a wrongdoing to your daughter much more to heart than you would for your son.
Speaker 2: And you'd want to justify it.
Speaker 1: I think that's what the there is some uh look these days, right, there's a sexist bent to it, right that like the daughter is incapable, which guys, we're gonna be, but but that you would need to protect her and the son would be in a dire situation where you would have to sacrifice your life for his.
Speaker 4: I would die for my kill for my daughter, meaning that you're well, you're taking it that your son.
Speaker 1: I would die for my son, but I would not kill for my daughter, because that's why we have a legal system. I would.
Speaker 2: For my daughter.
Speaker 1: God damn it, guys, I'd hire good law for my daughter.
Speaker 2: I would lawyer up for my door.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, though, I would say this. I would say this take you to a point where you would die for your kid. I'm thinking it from a five year old and a seven year old, which I have right now. I'm not thinking about my thirty year old son and my thirty four year old daughter.
Speaker 1: No, after you leave the house, fuck that your nine year old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think I'm saying if you if your daughter or I would die for either of my young children.
Speaker 2: So I wouldn't say I put that on it. I don't know if I would.
Speaker 4: The kill comes into like I go right to like a movie or something where somebody like drunk driver kills your kid and then you're like, I want to get justice.
Speaker 2: They get let off and you have to go kill this right right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Would you kill somebody if they killed your kid like taken?
Speaker 1: Yes, taken one hundred percent. Oh okay, I don't have the skills.
Speaker 2: I don't have the skills.
Speaker 4: But if I did, if I was.
Speaker 1: Lean niece and my bag, I'm going to do the best I can hack in my backpack. I'm going to hire those two Nigerians that Jesse Smollett hired and maybe bring them back up, maycause they seem incompetent.
Speaker 2: But you get a ball bat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I rest old in seventh grade. It out of my skill set.
Speaker 2: I would. Okay, here's a great that's a great scenario.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the daughters taken. Yeah, you called me up.
Speaker 2: You're like, Joe, my daughter has been taken. Yeah, let's go. What's off? What's off? First move? What's what's up for?
Speaker 1: I mean, here's what I.
Speaker 4: Call the authorities, Steve, I'm gonna have to tap into your unlimited miles.
Speaker 2: I gotta get I gotta get the Bulgaria.
Speaker 1: That wish was kind of for me.
Speaker 2: But listen, I'm gonna bring sneak you. I got sneakers. I'll just be throwing shoes at these people. That's when it comes to and.
Speaker 1: They have it. That's an interesting question though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I would die for either of my kids. I'm not worry. I'm not saying that because you have to say that.
Speaker 4: I actually literally thought about it, and I think it would die. The biggest conundermine I always had been given it. Me and Murray talked about this at length. Was you're on a boat and you can only save one of these three. It's your wife, your daughter, and your mother the dog going down. And then everybody instantly says your.
Speaker 1: Daughter, because the two moms would be like, look, you got to save her.
Speaker 2: No, it's not up to them.
Speaker 1: But my mom would be like, oh, she says all the time, it's not I bought my mom. It's not the mom for her birthday. What what'd you say? You got to say?
Speaker 2: Say it's not the mom? Who who's the mom? The wife and the daughter we all know.
Speaker 1: Of course I bought my mom and necklace for her birthday. She's like that, why would you spend jewelry? I'm not going to be around that thatch long. I mean, that's so Korean. She does. And then my my, my wife would absolutely bubble bubble yeah right, and I beg, but when when you're dead, when you're in a club, do you mind if I date what I wanted to hear? That's what I want to hear. I think I think she s all right that no, no, read your hand out. I was.
Speaker 2: I was palm down.
Speaker 1: Look, here's the thing about your mom. She always has to get the last word up. She always she wants me to be a happy BLI.
Speaker 2: Me would probably be like, no, I want mom, can you go? You don't even know how to pay the cable?
Speaker 1: But very true, yeah, very true.
Speaker 2: And that was the connundu I was always saying. But yeah, that's a great that's a great one. That's a really thing. Sit around and sit around, and do you know I was even.
Speaker 1: In that scenario, what would who would not choose the daughter?
Speaker 4: The wife is an interesting pick because it takes your whole life, to the whole life to find your love of your life.
Speaker 2: You find it you could have another kid. That's the that's the one that we hold on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hold on, you can't just have another Your children are like your children are from like to meet anybody else. You could go on the street and just meet somebody. True that that is so true. You can absolutely how many times people you're the love of my life. I would never be about it, and then something unfortunate happens that individual, and then a fucking year later they're walking down the aisle.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So to me, it's like it depends on me.
Speaker 2: It depends on the age of the child. If it's a four month baby, you don't really know that thing. You don't know that thing. If it's if it's a ten year old, then you've got a report. Because I have memories together. It's gonna be hard to tugue on the chain. But the wife.
Speaker 1: An infant, okay, doctor, late term abortion, four month old that's still like a four month old is starting to smile. Okay.
Speaker 4: So you want you want to get, you want to get, you want to split hairs a two month old. I always want the kid. I always want the kid. I thought it was Yeah, I thought it was a kid.
Speaker 1: But you don't have a baby. Joe was just like I didn't. But it's so many that he never put forth the effort to get to know me. How about that, guys, how about that he didn't get don't like.
Speaker 2: My kids overy two years old? I'm not afraid to say.
Speaker 1: That, don't really.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I hate them, didn't hate them. I just didn't know them, just didn't like them, didn't connect with them until it.
Speaker 1: Was People feel that way.
Speaker 2: People had say I say that all the time.
Speaker 5: People were like, you're gonna meet that baby, your life's can change, canna be the lovely live.
Speaker 2: I didn't not at all off to you.
Speaker 4: Now, can't matgine my life without and loved them. So I'm too even before this two and up, like two is like when I was like, oh this kid, this is nice, is what fatherhood feels like. I just felt more natural, more comfortable with that.
Speaker 1: You know, So it just took time for you. I guess it's just some people growing. Yeah, I instantly, just both of them. Yeah, I was just hooked.
Speaker 2: But in this conversation about the canoe, the poor mothers, they got no shot.
Speaker 4: They don't even they don't even like they had to debate it and be like, well, what what are you.
Speaker 1: Gonna help me? If I'm in a canoe right and my mom's behind me, why is here? And my daughter's here? And a voice comes down? You can always save You can always save two. This is the look I give my mom, And she'd be like, got him.
Speaker 4: I got a great query the other night out when I was out and about uh after I was in the city. We were touring, went out to the bar after and someone posed a question to me, if you could meet your lifelong hero, what's the question you would ask them?
Speaker 2: And I thought that was a fun one.
Speaker 1: Okay, so a who is your hero? And then and then what would you ask? It was great.
Speaker 2: It was a great conversation I ended up with.
Speaker 4: I ended up with mel Brooks, and I asked him I would ask him. I would ask him that question to see who my biggest inspiration's biggest inspiration was.
Speaker 1: Really, that's pretty interesting.
Speaker 4: That's a very great question to ask somebody you look up to.
Speaker 2: And that's that was That was the thing we went off on. That was the tangent we went off on. I was like, it's a perfect question to ask somebody you look up to.
Speaker 1: And eventually, over the course of time, we just end up in a cave.
Speaker 4: A cave, and there's one guy I would ask, how was the tyrannosaurus beef?
Speaker 2: That's it? And that's and then you're.
Speaker 1: There, Junga. All right, great mel Brooks as you were hubs, I think so. And let me guess you haven't even started to read the book I bought you.
Speaker 2: I did, you did? I'm six pages and we got six pages. I opened it somewhere. Okay, I opened it on the bus.
Speaker 1: You're doing it though, I did.
Speaker 2: I'm reading it?
Speaker 1: And then how how soon did you fall asleep?
Speaker 2: I didn't fall a sleep? Very quickly after that I started getting AFOs. We were on the bus.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's a question it making us. When is the next live or live show?
Speaker 2: Lad? You asked? We're ready to announce it?
Speaker 1: We are.
Speaker 2: We don't know yet. We should do an the live one you want to know one.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that one in Nashville was pretty damn awesome fun. And I think I remember reflexively when you when we both came off, we both walk off stage, go in the green room, and we're both like, that was so.
Speaker 2: Much fun, so much fun.
Speaker 1: We should love to do it.
Speaker 2: We should do in Miami. We're doing Miami, Miami, Miami. Im prop down. There's a great room.
Speaker 1: You know. I don't need an excuse to go to Miami. So absolutely, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean we could do it in Nashville again, that's where you live. It super easy. Yeah, if we wanted to do it again. But do you think we switched cities. Do you think we do the same one?
Speaker 1: We could do it in multiple I mean we could. We could always tack them onto a show, We could tack them onto a Monday, we could tack them onto anything. I mean, I love doing them. I mean to do it live would be so much fun, and that was we should.
Speaker 2: See what it was fun for me Again.
Speaker 4: We just don't let people yelled me about that they didn't know you were going to be there, and they would have come, oh, we should tell people when you're gonna be with me.
Speaker 2: We have to let them know that we will.
Speaker 1: But I've been very lax about that.
Speaker 2: You don't like telling people you wouldn't know me, That's okay, No, the lescense yourself. It's fine.
Speaker 1: I barely tell people where I am. I'm so bad at all the clubs, like, oh, you could post. You can post like, how about you fucking.
Speaker 2: I'll start, I'll start doing it. But yeah we'll do another live one.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's coming to us. Is a question, what do you think about frozen yogurt?
Speaker 2: I don't like it. I don't like I'm not a big ice cream guys. They all desert.
Speaker 4: I don't really get to if the froio for me always comes about what else can I put in?
Speaker 2: It's the toppings.
Speaker 4: I have a doll up and everything else to captain crunch is coming in the emin m's the sprinkles all that.
Speaker 2: They are all showing off the wet walnut.
Speaker 1: So the yogurts almost just ketchup freeze.
Speaker 2: Ketchup, and I'm the n verse.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, that's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And you know what really annoys me with some people don't make rooms for the toppings, and they get annoyed when everything starts spilling out. You need to be able to You gotta do either a tight spiral high so you have room around the cylinder. We gotta go wide fat mouth so you could dump stuff inside.
Speaker 2: It's just simple. It's simple engineering. And nobody prepares themselves and then they're spilling all over the place. Everything's sticky, is so annoying. Oh god, dad, you've a listening to two cool moms. I'm in Joe Gatto and we appreciate you.
Speaker 1: And that's it.
Speaker 2: That's all I got time for.
Speaker 1: That is these mommies love you, So show us some love.
Speaker 4: Please rate us and review us, follow us on all social media, and subscribe to our YouTube