Speaker 1: What's up everybody?
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show with my brother Baron Davis b D. What's good, brother, How did you? First off, tell me how you spent your opening NBA night. I know I spent mine in the hotel room.
Speaker 1: But first off, crazy, I got a flat tire on the way to the Clipper game to open it. Bro coming out of practice, one of the football coaches is like, yo, you got a flat tire. So I was late. You know, I barely made it at the beginning of the Into a Dome opening, you know, Clippers lost to the Suns. But I have to say that Into a Dome is it's pretty amazing, dang, you know what I mean. It's like it's so many. It's some of the ship going on, you know, But I mean it's beautiful. The inside is great. The screen is amazing. You know. Uh, you need a face scan to go get your food.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, man, it's you know, there's.
Speaker 1: No line, there's no people serving you food. It's just all like like food like big vending machines. But it's like delicious and shit.
Speaker 2: There's no there's no people, like, no people.
Speaker 1: There are no people, no like if you want a burger, you go get the burger off that you put your face in. Boo door open, You're gonna get the burger. You go get the sushi, you go get your drinks. And I had a homie, I seen one of my homies because I ain't do my face scan yet. So I was like, man, look, man, I can't get in, you know what I mean, Man, go get go. He was like, man, I got the face scan. Hey, bro. He was grabbing the stuff and he was walking out and he was asking lady and my coop, like it's too good to be true for somebody from Atlante and just walking somewhere, grab the food and be gone. But they got your face and they got your info. So you ain't even got a wait for it. Like you literally don't have to wait for none. You just stay in your seat the whole time.
Speaker 2: So everything is pretty much built like like Bambasa. Everything is built so that you don't leave your seat at all, very minimum.
Speaker 1: You will stay in your seat the whole time. If you go to the bathroom, it's probably you're not waiting. If you go to get food, it's like three minutes, you know what I mean. So it's like get your food, go back to the sea.
Speaker 2: In the bathrooms toilets and I.
Speaker 1: Was in the suite, so I didn't see like the big bathroom with all the toilets, the sweet out the suite we was in, like it was it was only like two stars.
Speaker 2: Deal about the amount of toilets.
Speaker 1: I think it's for the general. Yeah, that's what I was like, Yo, I'm going to the bathroom in the sweets. I'm about to see all these toilets and it was like two stalls. I was like, where's the magic. I have my kids with me. We was excited, but they had like ar they got a whole courtyard. Man, It's like it's like a basketball experience, all the LA basketball jerseys from every high school. Bomber did it right. Bomber did it right. And I would have been hyped like he was to you know what I mean, if I was open enough. He was so hype bro. You know I usually people like yo, like Bomber hype Hey Bro, I was up. I was hyped too. I was like, Yo, y'all not y'all not feeling this. Yeah, that's with Snoop and death, Bro, That's how I was fire.
Speaker 2: No, Bomber Bomber is one of one of the owners in the league that he really pour into that team man, and he you know, you can tell he want to win. Now what happened is you know, you got to figure that out.
Speaker 1: But he wanted to.
Speaker 2: Win, and he doing stuff to show that he's putting this his pockets, you know, whereas you know, we're putting his pockets whereas my mouth feels, however the saying go, he doing it. So got to give him at give him a lot of credit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big up to Bomber Man. He put he putting everything that he he he putting all this passion and his love into that team. Man. He can't be mad and nobody, you know what I mean, you just gotta like it, make you support because he's like, yo, I'm going to make the Clippers an l a team and we're going to have our own legacy, our own arena. And like, bro, that's like that's crazy for the Clippers.
Speaker 2: That's very hard to do.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You think about like the Lakers worldwide, it's like the big guys deal, like worldwide. The Los Angeles Lakers is so you know, in the city that they're in as you know, being from there, they are really really really really really big deal. And so you know, originally I thought when he bought the Clippers he was gonna move from to Seattle. So I'm like, man, like, it's the Clippers in LA is just not really a thing. And I will say, he's doing his best to make it a thing.
Speaker 1: Now. You know, that's the arena.
Speaker 2: The arena helps, and you got people that's going to like jump on the bandwagon because it's a nice arena and the tickets are more are more affordable than the Lakers tickets, you know what I'm saying. So you're gonna have a lot of people in LA that's like I'm going to the Difference game. They're gonna be giving them seas somewhere in there. No, I'm just that's like, like, that's tough to compete with. Obomba is doing his best, and listen, he might get it done. You excited that he got all the high school LA jerseys up, so maybe it's working.
Speaker 1: Nah. I mean, you know, I see mine for my kids. Take a picture, you know, I got I got two of them up there. But I think for the first time you actually went to a Clipper game and you didn't have to deal with the Lakers, no lak or nothing, you know what I mean. So like that right there is like the Lakers playing downtown, the Clippers playing Inglewood. So now when you go into a Clipper game, you don't they don't have nothing to do with the Lakers. Bro. And that's like a first ever.
Speaker 2: And you felt that because you played it.
Speaker 1: For the first game. So there and I saw it. I saw it, you know, I could feel it. And it was like, damn, imagine if they had this arena when they had that team, you know that was trying to compete with y'all, right, making it very.
Speaker 2: Clear the team that they thought was going to compete with us. Yeah, because for a while, because for a while, you know, no, I said, I'm happy you said that, because I was going to make it very clear that the team that was supposed to be.
Speaker 1: But originally when we first started.
Speaker 2: Playing against them, man, we would be playing them, and uh and in the staples at the time and you look up and like the Lakers banners was hanging and Doc Doc eventually ended up having them like cover them with like big posters and DJ and Blake and CP and JJ. The Lakers banners was up there and you know me, I just tell them like, man, y'all ain't got no banners up there, man, shut up, you know all right.
Speaker 1: Man, So you know opening night, he was getting ready for your first game, right sir. The Nations got the wind right, I trained it for you right for my fantasy.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, okay, respect, you got a.
Speaker 1: Good game, team played great, right, but you cost me like five points on my fantasy because of your.
Speaker 2: Man. That tech was some bro. It's crazy. Also ESPN.
Speaker 1: Jamon Green is activating.
Speaker 2: Me because you know, they want to build up this narrative which is great right, like on their on their their cutout, you know, their video cut up. They cut it up for me talking back and forth with Tyler Ford, and they cut it up like I got to tech with Tyler Ford. I didn't even get a tech by Chyler for let me tell you how I got a tech. I was bantering back and forth with Tyler Ford, and Tyler Ford banter like Tyler Ford will banter back and forth with me, which you know, you know the referees that you can banter back and forth with it, you know, And Tyler will banter back and forth with me all night. I got nothing, beloved and respect for Tyler. Trey Maddox comes and stand next to me at the free throw line. I'm lying from the free throw. He comes and stand next to me and he like, Traymond, what's up, man, Like tell me what's wrong? And I'm like, Trey, that's not a foul, man.
Speaker 1: I got the saying right to that ball that he got to the ball and I went for the ball. I also didn't make any.
Speaker 2: Contact with him. It's not a foule. And then he's like, what's ray mind? You don't I said, yeah, but I can die for the ball, like if I like, I can dive too, like the ball's on the floor. And so I'm just like, that's not a foul. That's crazy, man. That as fucking bullshit. And I'm just I'm I'm walking across the lane, like walking to my not even looking at him, just walking to my spot, yeah, you know. And he gave me a teck and I'm like, bro, how you going to give me a tech? And you come over there talking to me asking me to talk to you, and he was like you can't cuss and in the middle of in the middle of it, like, bro, grown man, what do you mean, I can't cuss like, I'm not cussing you out. I can cuss when I talk that or my mother like he curse when I talk. I'm not cursing you out. And so I apologize for the technical b D man that was. That was crazy. However, esp an't want to chop it up and act like, oh he got a text for going crazy over there in that situation, stop it. And then you know, everybody's making a thing about Steve kirk right like they were like, oh Steve Kirk all the time out what was Steve Kirse saying? And he said, Draightmond, all right, I know, I know, I said, coach, that's bullshit.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: He come and talk to me and give me a text, and I didn't follow him. He's like, I know, I know it's bullshit. We need you. I watched it. I know it's bullshit. We need you. I'm like, no, I'm here, I'm fine, it's cool, I'm good. Oh all right, he's start drawing up to play I'm cool. He's trying to play We're cool. No, moving on.
Speaker 1: You know, it's the most impressive thing about this whole story, as you know, every round the first.
Speaker 2: And last, every single of them. You better believe it.
Speaker 1: Hey, dog, I thought I was good with the rest like you are on a whole other level. You know that there. First I used to call rest you big head, dinosaur headh bro, I used to I used to be cool with him, and then they pissed me off. I started bagging on him the whole guesst me.
Speaker 2: I I'll be super cool with him. By the way, I tell.
Speaker 1: You how you doing.
Speaker 2: Jakey Bond, I had a great summer. I would tell you who always rose. He roast me back, he crushed me. When I had the subway commercial, Tony Brothers man, I'll be roasting Tony Bro. I'd be roasting Tony, Tony Tony, Tony. Tony comes in. He coming there hot, He's going straight.
Speaker 1: Every time I had the subway commercial, I had the subway commercial.
Speaker 2: He walked fast, our bitch. And if you remember the subway commercial, there was something along the lines of like it was my sub and JT was talking about his son. I was talking about mysef JT talking about his. I talked about mine, and it's like my son is better than yours. Tony came past our bench. He said y'all got this soft ass motherfucker over here.
Speaker 3: I said, man, no, but.
Speaker 1: I actually don't know.
Speaker 2: I actually got a really good relationship with most of the referees. But you know me, when I'm in that when I'm in the heat of the battle, I ain't sparing nobody, just like when people be like, yo, that's your friend, like y'all friends off the court, you can't play hardlight, bro, when I'm in the heat of the battle like these roferees. Man, we just finished talking about my kids day kids high life for them, life for me. We just talked about But once we're in the line a battle, sparing nobody, nobody. So that's just what it is, everybody. Number one. Also, before I ask you this question, why is my tech a highlight?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: The first the first highlight, it was my tech? Am I that big of a deal. That's pretty amazing for a guy who came scoring the basketball like that big. I am the lead out you are. You are put myself on the back of the time. But speaking of the text.
Speaker 1: You know, you know some people probably got like an over and under. Oh you're gonna get.
Speaker 2: To the first.
Speaker 1: I wonder what's that in Vegas?
Speaker 2: Line.
Speaker 1: I said, I wonder if that was like Dramond is here he got to text no time, we're here. But I blame the rough of that. You should you should get your money back because it sounded like he was gassed.
Speaker 2: Like it was for sure. But it's cool. I let him do it. I'm here anywhere, all right, one tech boom, We're here. Let's go all right now, moving on? How No, don though during the two thousand and three, two thousand and fourth season you played with thorn It you required the highest number of technical files in your career total sixteen. What was going on with you that year you needed? Did you get the help you needed? No?
Speaker 1: Bro? I was alright, Bro, I was out there. You know, I say anything right, and so similar to you. I start off like, say Tony brothers right. He was like, oh man, I just bought me alexis the summer same the one you had, you know what I mean? On cribs? Game games start okay? Cool? All right, Tony, hey, Bro, homeboy hacking me chill? Tony you muppet? Heead motherfucker? You don't call a foul you burt tose head? Hey, Bro, that was like my whole mo MO so what I get in So I get into it with the rest. I always start off cool, first quarter, second quarter, off, bro, I'm going to spies out. I want to say something, you know what I mean. I want to say something. And then back in twenty oh three, twenty oh four, you know you got had Jamal mcglure, Robert Chactor, Taylor Stacy Young when George Lynn's like we was really like, you know, we we all pride ourselves on defense, yes, sir, And so I think a couple of those is like, you know, you're pressuring the dude, you steal the ball, REP call the foul, but the dude trying to push you off, like thin get out of here, you know what I mean. So it's like the file and the push. I ain't never had no like real altercations with nobody on the court outside the reps. I talked to the refs. Me and Rick Carlisle got into it one time.
Speaker 2: He was who was he coaching at the.
Speaker 1: Time, he was coaching Dallas because I think I like did something to judge, but he flopped and so I came back down. I popped him one, you know what I mean for flopping. And Rick Carlisle was talking ship and I was like, man, Rick, come on, man, like I give you my number lunch, I take you to lunch. Bro all the tough ship. We're gonna have a conversation at lunch. And after that, mah Rick Carlisle man cool. Shout out to car he tough though he was talking ships, folded.
Speaker 2: Was about to whoop yours. Was about to give you the man. Listen, he's gonna get folded. You hear me, you hear me get every time I see.
Speaker 1: Him's gonna two pieces you so cracky, but a right Listen, he's gonna have to do it every time you see me too.
Speaker 2: You got whoop me every time for sure.
Speaker 1: Because I'm gonna faulty month and I don't fight no more though I don't even have that gene in my body.
Speaker 2: Man was gone, fuck that nobody.
Speaker 1: I just figured, like, you know, words can hurt people.
Speaker 2: Nobody. So listen to those out there, nobody, those out there in NBA Land. If I talk ship to you this year, wish I will just know I'm not fighting you.
Speaker 1: I ain't trying to.
Speaker 2: I might even say, like, yo, I fight, I'm not fighting you, right, I ain't gotten it's gonna fight. I don't want to fight. I don't even want to act like I'm going to fight. I'm done. I'm done.
Speaker 4: This is I had enough. You got words, Hey bro, you got words? You got hey bro, you got some ill words, some ill words.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna use it. Adam, Adam, tell him Adam. I've had enough. Tell him Adam, I'm done, and no fight for me.
Speaker 1: This is you can have no you hurt and I help. All the reps is here in this too. Is Draymond. Know all y'all by y'all name, so that just this man. That's Jakemond, great right, no triggers, no gas, Loddie, thank you. We're gonna have less than sixteen technical files.
Speaker 2: I want to have less than than ten technical files this year. I might even make a decision to keep it even less. I gotta make a conscious decision, I know if I want to keep it.
Speaker 1: Wait, how many before you get suspended? How many you get sixteen? That's when the coach, you know what I mean, the GM like, yo, one more tech you suspended? Bro?
Speaker 2: Had Bob Myers used to come to be like all right, you're at thirteen again? Like I just wanted to come. Let you know, I got two more to play with. I'm gonna get to fifteen. I'm done.
Speaker 1: Damn. I know I had sixteen. I told you them, baby, Jmond, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Sixteen. I think I've had sixteen texts maybe once in my career, possible. I keep telling y'all. Man, I saw Joe Ellen Joe llenb has way more flagrant files than me and way less games played. And I'm the bad guy. I tall just like you. Sixteen texts. See they be hood weeking in these people. Man, they got these people thinking it's me. You people are hood week. This man got sixteen texts. I may have sixteen texts in the season once, maybe, but I'm not certain.
Speaker 1: Twice Damn eighteen nineteen, I didn't. It's not accurate.
Speaker 2: Game. Yeah, I ain't get suspended four game, so that can't be acting. Richard Jefferson told me. Richard Jefferson told me this when I was a rookie, because man, god man, I was making eight hundred grand and take her the brand and saw people. I know, eight hundred grand is a lot, but when after taxes, I took home about three eighty and my agent, my agent had stole money from me my rookie year. Now, I had two agents. One of them didn't and I'm still super close to him today, but the other one does the head agent at the time he stole. So on top of that, plus, when I first got out of college, I couldn't afford a car because I had no money and I was the second round pick, so I had to rent a car from Enterprise. The Warriors was able to get Enterprise to rint me a car like on loan, but then it was like a twenty thousand dollar bill. But I ain't had no money to pay that either, and I ain't had no money to buy a car. So also the twenty thousand dollars Enterprise bill and furniture and stuff. Needless to say, all of that, I didn't have much money and end up obeys. So then I had to buy a car after I paid the twenty thousand. I didn't have no money. Needless to say, I said all of that to say, Man, I got those first couple of texts, I was sick to my stomach. I'm like, leave, man, that two thousand dollars is gonna crush me. Man, Richard Jefferson told me. He said, hey, because I was tripping, like he said, Hey, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Just tell you.
Speaker 2: You can count those little two thousands right now, and you can stress yourself out over, but I'm gonna tell you, if you're gonna make it in this lead, you're gonna have to be a guy that TETs that line and get texts and stuff. And when RJ told me that my rookie year sucked me up, but he was right. He was right, and so no shout out to RJ.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: RJ was a great VET.
Speaker 1: Shout out to great VET one of my fans, like a uh miss to play a lot of relationship. You know, Steve carry got right because it's just like quarterback coach, coach, quarterback and Steve Curry. In a post game, he said that this is one of the deepest teams that he's ever coached. Andrew Wiggins said this is one of the deepest teams in the NBA. I agree with both Steve and Andrew Wiggins. What makes this Warriors flawed, so potent and so versatility in.
Speaker 2: Your opinion, I think number one, Mike has done an incredible job of building this ross ship in a summer where it was like, oh, man, it's a bleak summer. Didn't get Paul George, didn't get Lori markin, like the Warriors lost the summer. Mike Dunleavy was working and Mike Dunleyvy brought in a guy that in de Anthony Melton, who the Warriors been loved, and I know the Warriors left him because during the Anthony Melton's drift that was the first time I think either the first or second time I attended the drive room with the Warriors. And when I did at that time, I was in there for like a week or two leading up to the drift, workouts, meetings, all of that, and I remember Kirk Lake.
Speaker 1: They were like.
Speaker 2: I remember Kirkin specific. Kirk kept coming to talk to me. He was huge on the Anthony Melton and Melton ain't playing just last year at USC, you know what I'm saying. So that was kind of the only thing of like man, but we don't really know he hadn't played, you know, he didn't play this year, but blah blah. But they were huge on Melton. You know, come full a circle six years. A guy who was with the Memphis Grizzlies when we played them in the playoffs, and they let him go after that, and we said then like once they let him go, Like, Yo, that's a huge, huge who's lost for them? Man, huge, Same for Kyle Anderson the other guy. Yeah, U c l A Brewing. He comes in, a guy who we've been trying to get for a couple of years. He went to Minnesota last year. We've been trying to get him for a couple of years. Mike Dunleavy, go out and get Kyle Anderson, you know, a big, big, big pick up for us.
Speaker 1: Buddy Hill.
Speaker 2: We lose Klay Thompson, you know, need to need to get some shooting on the roster. Go out and get a Buddy Hill, who I don't know if people remember, but Buddy Hill was being compared to Steph coming out of college, coming out the way he was playing at Oklahoma and now coming to playing this offense. Twenty two points last night, five May threes, sixty six percent for the field, gonna and I have no doubt that Buddy's gonna continue to play like that because he's going to get exactly, he's going to get shots because the way offense is the way he moves. He moved without the ball, crazy, he gonna get shots and he's he shoot the lights out of the ball.
Speaker 1: We all know that.
Speaker 2: So he gonna put himself in that you know, we have a great year. He gonna put himself in that sixth man of the year running. Should we have a great year? Steph Curry gotta be in all the runners and should we have a great year? You know, AD want to start campaigning for dp O Y and stuff already after game one. Shit, I'm campaigning if too were gonna have a great year, great defensive year. Put on the defensive clinic last night, but keep on putting on the defensive clinic. So you know that's that's kind of where we at with it. But this team is so deep, man, adding guys like that and then the young guys coming along. Moses J. Kden stepped into a starting role. You know, you got traised obviously, you got how I call old faithful. You got Loun. You know what I'm saying, Lou, You know what you're getting from Lou. I always talk about Yeah, another U C.
Speaker 1: L A brewing.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I always talk about his his professionalism, man, Like you know what you're getting from him every day?
Speaker 1: Like it every night.
Speaker 2: You know what you're getting from him every single day, bro. And so definitely a deep team. I think the only team that I can really even try to compare to it as far as depth is our our first championship team, our twenty fifteen team that had crazy depth, like Ian Clark ended up being a rotational player in the NBA. Ian Clark couldn't really get on the floor much with that team, you know what I'm saying. So that's that team is the only team that I've been on that I would put next to this one as far as depth. But I mean, that's that's a championship team.
Speaker 1: So y'all, y'all got that versus y'all got versatility. And for I would say, for the first time I've seen you have multiple people that are playmakers.
Speaker 2: Facts, you know what I mean. Facts.
Speaker 1: That's what makes y'all kind of potent, is like the system allow you to make plays, but you got people that can be playmakers too, and sneaky with it, you know what I mean. So you know Melton, Kyle Anderson sneaky with it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You have the you have these.
Speaker 1: Kind of like mobilized guys and then you got guys who just make plays Loan GP three coming it just because you know what I mean, trace like all of it, like all of the pieces is common. Man. I love, I love. I love what I'm saying, because when you think about eighty two games, the way you guys have been playing over the years, I think a lot of those games, like last year, you would lose a lot of those games. You're gonna win those games because just what we saw against Portland, there's not gonna be a oh they're clawing back, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? I like that absolutely. And what I like about this team is like you look at our first unit, it is go, go, go, man, It's like go, It's force is meet force. That second unit didn't come in, and it's like, it reminds me again of that team when Sean Livison and Andre Gudala came in. You have me Stephan Clay out there running around like chickens with our head cut off. They flying around the court. I'm flying around defensively, I'm making the players offensively. We wild as hell out there, and then Andre and Shawn come in and they calm everything down. And that's that's what I'm seeing out this second group which is gonna be big for us man.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be huge.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. What would you say that we believe team because I remember talking to stat Matt and they was talking about like when y'all we believe team got as symbol that the moves that happened at the trade downline, the different things. Would you say that's the one of the deepest teams you've been on, or was your Clipper team deeper? No?
Speaker 1: Remember I wasn't on the Clipper team that won. I got Blake and DeAndre. When was rookie? So Blake, DeAndre, Eric, Eric Gordon, they was all rookies. But I say the Warrior team the reason why I could similar we were so versatile, yes, right, and we was. We was like eight deep. But whoever that ninth or ten person was with somebody nobody was paying attention to, and we knew how to use them, you know what I mean. So it should just start becoming like you know, we had like you think, like a CJ. Watson, like he coming in picking up full of changing the energy he got isazabuki. He coming in he could score, you know what I mean? And so Nelly was Nelly was smart about how he kind of mobilized. You got Matt who started came off the bench. Some games, our started came off the bench, some games. Peachers started came off the bench some games. So it's a lot of interchange. It was like a lot of enterchange and talent. But I would say, like as far as depth, like we didn't have.
Speaker 2: Like a second five. Yes, yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It was like we go eight maybe nine, but we didn't have like a full second five. You know, like looking at how y'all got like three different sets of teams, three four sets of teams that you can put out on the floor and still look, you know what I mean, still look like they're all starting.
Speaker 2: For sure. Man, we got Lindy Waters, who is not a part of the rotation right now and could very much soffer be a part of the rotation. He played great in camp even when he got in last night. Those guys at the which stop said today in film, I didn't know those guys scored twenty five points in five minutes when they got in the game. Like, man, so you got yeah, you got like all these young guys, they've been in the gym, working man, they've been putting that work in and it's showing it and it's helping run this team Outso yeah, man, just episode responsible by game Time Ticket and App. The start of the NBA season is underway, and you don't want to miss the hype atmosphere watching the basketball game live.
Speaker 1: Energy of the fans at the beginning of the season is incredible. And game Time has a new feature called game Time Picks that makes getting tickets to see your favorite teams play live even easier, and it filters out of the fluff to show you incredible deals on great seats so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets.
Speaker 2: I like using the game Time app when I want to attend a concert or comedy show. Game Time ticket and app is the only ticketing app that gives you complete peace of mind with your purchase. I really like the all En pricing because it shows how much I'm going to have to pay.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the game Time app right now and it's easy to find different tickets and different price points. The NBA season is beginning and I know your favorite team is going to need your support.
Speaker 2: Take the guests work out of buying tickets with game Time picks. Download the game Time app, creating an account, and you cold green for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again, creating an account and redeem code g R E E N for twenty dollars off. Download Game Time Today. What time is it? Game Time? You saw today?
Speaker 1: The Utah Jazz aren't focused and have been right number twenty ninth by Bleacher Report preseason NBA power ranking, which to me is super low. Hello low, especially with somebody like an All Star player like Lori Market. They nearly b Memphis. You know, are the Jazz the team you think about? You know, do you think they're twenty nine?
Speaker 2: I definitely don't think they're twenty nine. I'm actually sitting in a hotel room in Utah right now. Ironically, I don't think they're twenty ninth by any stretch of imagination. If you even look at how they started the season each of the last two years, Like Danny Ainge is rebuilding this franchise, so they kind of start the season they be a playoff contention. Will Hardy's a great young coach. Lord Marktin has come into his own. They obviously got Jordan Clarkson over there who can fill it up. You know, they got guys Collins like, they got guys that can play, and so I think for them to be at twenty ninth, like, are they worse than the Wizards? Are they worse than the Pistols? I'll go even a step further. Are they worse than the Bulls? I think not.
Speaker 1: I don't think they worse. Are they worse than the Brooklyn Nets? I think not.
Speaker 2: So that right there already puts them in twenty fifth for me, I think twenty ninth is crazy. But that's crazy. I heard they got and all, yeah, I heard they got Detroit ranked the ball. They're like, come on, what are we talking about?
Speaker 1: That is Dyaboleum Like.
Speaker 2: And I'm from Michigan and I'm rooting for Detroit. Luke Wallason's sister coach there now my god, Jared Jack, who's my.
Speaker 1: Vet O G I'm rooting for. I'll root for the Pistols too, bro.
Speaker 2: But man, I saw them playing some preseason. Boy, Pistons do well. This is the state is great. When the Pistons are doing well. Man, it's been a long time. Yeah, we gotta get the Pistol. I would say the Pistons are better than the Wizards, for sure, Ah, for sure, all right, because like he did tonight, j Pea can get cooking, Coos can get cooking. Who else they got? Let me see the movie hooping. He don't really know what the story is, so.
Speaker 1: At the end of the game, I don't really think, you know, if they won their lots. It's more so like damn I have forty tonight and like, yo, we won. It's like, yeah, I got forty on these fools, you know what I mean. I don't think he knows the school blame when the game is you can't blame. That's my dog. That's my dog. He'd be in the game. He'd be in the game to do one thing. Bro, let's get busy. You know what else you going to do there? Like they ain't winning no games. Dude that come to the club just to dance, dance every song? Did he out? Yeah that's Jorge, that's our boy pool. I mean, he gonna get busy as he should do. Like you may look up. He may look up at the clock and be like, yeah, we're down twenties eight minutes, I get some more.
Speaker 6: Points, say you know, I love you, man, But that did they.
Speaker 1: Pay attention to this. It's hard to fos.
Speaker 2: It's hard to fuss somebody ain't bron get some It's hard to for somebody play like.
Speaker 1: Get the money. He is somebody else. Better watch he show.
Speaker 2: He's shown that he can play championship basketball. He was a vital part of us winning the championship. And you know he can You know the score?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: To know the score. He knew he was winning. Some guys like that.
Speaker 1: You let them.
Speaker 2: About. Let him, don't worry about the score. Time and score.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the score. No, but Clayton knows what the score because Clayon.
Speaker 2: But but more so from a competitive standpoint, like Clayton is it just from a like he want to win so bad, like he'll run through a broadwater win.
Speaker 1: Yes, more from nastay, Yes, clay Thompson will be like, Yo, we up eleven two minutes to go.
Speaker 2: He's gonna shoot it, he go if he wide open, he shooting the three, ain't no time to score? Oh, yes, you're wide up and he ain't no time to score. It could be we could be up two points with twenty seconds to go with the shot clock off. If he opened, he's shooting it.
Speaker 1: Gonna do that absolutely, Clay gonna do that absolutely, so you know, and that's cool. But Jordan Poole is gonna do the same thing for sure without knowing if it's.
Speaker 2: Twenty second something clock.
Speaker 1: I think he knew what he was feel. Hey, bro, it's going up. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 1: Um Hey, well pool touch, it is going up.
Speaker 2: It's going up.
Speaker 1: That's it. That calculation is going up. How can I get my shot off? And if I can't, I passed it to somebody where they.
Speaker 2: That's wow, that's wow.
Speaker 1: Like that at twenty four our fitness. He throw people bad passes and.
Speaker 2: Chased the ball. That's wold man, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: A higher gun he's a higher gun man.
Speaker 2: Moving into the weekend, Sunday, we got to create for the first time. I'm excited as hell to play at Chase Center for the first hour this year. We got the Clippers at home. They played last night. A couple of nights ago, they played against the Phoenix Suns, and they are without they big dog, they top doll. They got another big dog, but they are without their top doll.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 2: We don't know how long that'll be, How long he'll be out. But James Harden said, and I quote this is not a recent quot, but I quote, I am a system and last night he was a system almost wills boys to a win. Wasn't able to pull it out down the stretch. But I think you should expect to see that James Harden this year, Yes, because we know he can tap into it. Now here's the kicker. James is thirty five, maybe turning thirty six or something like that. Like he can't do it night in and night out like he did when he was in Houston. Nobody can, Like, once you get to that age, should do that thing night in and night out every single night at the usage rate that James have when he cooking like that man that don't try to make it a oh he ain't in shape, Like no, no, no, That brother has played a lot of basketball, and it's getting older.
Speaker 1: Nobody's who's getting older.
Speaker 2: Like when you're getting older, you see the superstar still playing at a superstar level. But you better believe they know how to pick, can choose their spots like they ain't just balls to the wall every time like.
Speaker 1: They used to be.
Speaker 2: And so I think you're gonna see that James Harden this year.
Speaker 1: I agree. I think in order to find the Clippers to be successful this year, you have to go to James Harden. James Harden system of basketball. Right, Yep, you're gonna get a shot off, right, You're not gonna really turn the ball over that much. But I do think the Clippers have some cool talent, right. I think Kevin Porter Jr. Could be that guy, you know what I mean, Like, if you was right, he could be the other James Harden when James Harden is not James Harden, you know what I mean. Derek Jones, I think he gives them, you know, flexibility on the wing defense, Norman Powell. I think they got a lot of They have a lot of versatility, But it has to be James Harden basketball.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: You gotta play through James because that's gonna make you know. I saw last night they were feeding Zobac a lot. He played pretty good down Love, but all of that. You know, the Kai Jones kid, he shoots through the roof. If James does that, you keep the game close, right, And you got enough talent and good enough players that you have to take an account for, you know, Dearren Jones, you got to take an account for Norman Pott, Kevin Porter j you know, slashing Terrence Man. Right, So the Clippers got got got some ingredient pieces that I think we'll comp like. They already compliment James, but they gotta just you got give them the ball and say, hey man, we gonna live this season.
Speaker 2: How you rock?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Let him go off swinging. That's the only chance.
Speaker 1: And then when Kawhi come back, and you know Kawhi is a higher gun, yeah for sure, it ain't gonna make no difference, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Kawhi is one of those players where he can fit in any system.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: He that good, he can fit in any system. He gonna need James to play like that if James, if that allows him to get the best James hard as possible, because he gonna need to help don't need to help me.
Speaker 1: And James can get that automatic twenty five thirty without, Hey bro, I can just passing the ball and go take a rest and chill, because you know, Kawhi can get his own.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely, So let's see how I play out.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna like this matchup when y'all play.
Speaker 2: We play Sunday Sunday, That Chase on Sunday, Yes, sir, thirty games on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Then locked in and tapping. Locked in man, moving around the league.
Speaker 2: Let's dive into some of the stuff going on around the NBA. First off, Uh, we got a whole bunch of players signed extensions. We got older guys signed extension, but we got the monk, sir, we got them young extensions. Now we're gonna talk about a few interesting ones. But before we talk about those, shout out to my young fella, my rook, young mo Money, Moses Moody. You know what I'm saying, I'm happy for Montill three years. Nice, what do you get? Three years? Thirty nine million a year. Put that money in your pocket and Seine perfecting your craft. Now you got some brand in your pocket. You ain't got a stress the first wave. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the first one.
Speaker 2: I'm happy for Mode. That's a great deal from But let's get into some of these.
Speaker 1: Man. What I'll ask you the question me something my thoughts.
Speaker 2: But Jalen Green, Houston Rockets number two pick in twenty twenty one, three year one oh six.
Speaker 1: I like it. I like especially what you were saying is like usually like the second pick take the year deal, you know what I mean. But I mean, if you look at the two plus one versus the five, it's like this still gonna seem like he's gonna be out of that deal, you know, walking into some major chance. Right. So it's almost like I have secured the bag in my and established my valuation. Now I got a good footprint, you know what I mean over the next two years to go like, yep, jack that number up. I agree, But you have said from the Houston perspective, you liked it too well. So here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I like it from both sides because the reality is Jalen Green, over the course of the second half of the season really picks it up last year. But you get a lot of these teams that jumped the gun and get these guys five years to twenty four.
Speaker 1: And he ain't really necessarily.
Speaker 2: Proved that he's worth all of that yet, you know, so exactly, So I'd imagine that Jalen Green was kind of out of stalemate with Houston, and because he was at a stalemate, was probably he wanted the five year max.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: I don't think they wanted to do it, And so shout out to am Minx, who's Jalen Green's agent. He got, he got a deal done, he got creative, and so you go hit them with the two plus one. Put one hundred million dollars possibly in this in this kid's pocket. But in two years he gonna come back up and guess what's gonna be going on in two years that new TV money. So all of a sudden, these guys, who's Kate Cunningham, You got Scottie Barnes, you got Froz Wagner, They all got five years to twenty four. Though in two years Jalen, Jalen gonna murder their company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna be one of the highest players in absolutely.
Speaker 2: And so you know, if he keep on that traje that he was on the end of the year, which I'm sure they are saying, like we need to see more of that, he keep on that trajectory getting thirty five million dollars a year, and keep on that trajectory that thirty five gonna be seventy five in two years.
Speaker 1: He keep it up.
Speaker 2: So I think that's a very very interesting deal. You usually want to lock your your your top picks up for five years. However, you know both they definitely didn't feel comfortable. I get it, no problem. I think he got a great deal done despite of what he could have thought, of what people may think or say. I thought that was a great deal.
Speaker 1: That was a great deal. Another great deal Jalen Johnson. Oooh, Richie P for a twentieth pig Lord Richie.
Speaker 2: P stuck him up five years, one fifty lord Lord. That's a good deal for Jalen Johnson.
Speaker 1: Man. He I mean, congratulations, that's a great deal man. We want to see him get everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sir, congrats.
Speaker 1: That's back to the Jalen Green thing. You got somebody who even less proven than Jalen Green, you know what I mean, But when you look at his talent and his upside and you know what he can do. I mean at this rate in this market, like yeah, lock a young dude up like that because he can he can go.
Speaker 2: I think that was a great deal for Jalen Johnson. You know, it doesn't stranglehold your team is thirty a year, but it's good money in this pocket allow him to continue proving himself. I think that I really liked that. And then another one that I that really took caught my attention and I think as well deserved. I think he's going to outplay this deal, believe it or not. But Trey Murphy four years, one twelve, I think that is a very good deal for him, man. And like I said, I think he ultimately dependent on because there's a law jam also at that position for the Pelicans. So depending on where he ended up falling in that law jam, which he's elite, shoot the lights out the ball athletic and defend, I think he'll ultimately outplay that deal. But I think that's a great deal for him as well. That's a great deal for him, man, that's a great deal.
Speaker 1: Other notable players who signed, obviously Kay Cunningham fires to twenty four, you talked about Avan Mobley fires to twenty four, Scottie Barnes, Franz Wagner, and then Jalen's Sons five years, one hundred and fifty million dollars by Orlando Magic. You know this twenty twenty one class, you know, I gotta say, man, they getting the bread up. You know, you look at those first, you know, ten picks, twenty pigs, you know it's it's it's all over the place. For one, you know what I mean. But I think when you look at this class, it's like super talented. Anything can happen, right players who didn't Josh Kitty Jonathan Kaminga thought so on Jonathan Kaminga.
Speaker 2: I think, uh JK. If I was his representation the moment I saw that, uh, they will come across with Jalen Green, I would have been calling the Warriors back, like, yo.
Speaker 1: What about something like this?
Speaker 2: Because when you go into this and by the way, I think JK is going to be totally fine. I think he's gonna have a big year, so he'll be a okay. But I noticed the pressure as you do going in the season and not having an extension done and having to play that year out. That's stressful, you know what I'm saying. So if I was his representation me personally, I would have been looking to try to get something done, even if it's a shorter term like Jalen Green did, because I want to be able to I want to make sure that he has the peace of mind and knowing like I got that money in my pocket and now you're out there playing to be great, you're playing focused on being an All Star, not necessarily focused on getting the contract. But nonetheless he cut off for he He he's a tough kid. You know, he believes in hisself, very very strong. Will I think he'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like his belief in itself. Yeah right. It's like, man, I'm going to bet on myself. You know, I think he has the talent. When you look at you know, the eighth pick, fourth pick, the fifth pick, the twentieth pick. You know he's gonna get somewhere around that. He should be pretty good, pretty fine. But I also think the fact that him not getting that coming into a season like this creates a fucking terror in this young man, you know what I mean. Like I'd be afraid for other teams knowing that, and other players in my class like, okay, well we match up against him. He got this, Oh yeah, I'm gonna have to go prove myself, you know what I mean. And it's not like pressure. It's like, man, I am I got a heat seeking missile on everybody in my class, everybody at my position. And it's really not about the money, because you didn't get the money, so now you're upset you know what I mean. It's about, oh, you think these people have more value to me? And now that's when he gets to go in now betting on yourself in he get to go rock, you know what I mean, Because it's a it's a hand of a freedom because the market is set for.
Speaker 2: That's a fact. That's the fact. You just go get basketball now, So he'll he'll definitely get something done. I ain't worried about that at all. I think an interesting one though, is Josh Giddy. There's reports that Josh Giddy is looking for somewhere a little thirty a year now. That that that that number thirty is interesting because when he was on the floor last night, they were almost a minus thirty, and when he was off the floor they played better, so he.
Speaker 1: Could get moved. Though. Yeah, he don't finish Chicago. I don't think, you know, I don't think he gonna really finished Chicago, especially if Alonso come back and a Lonso start feeling good. You got the young kid, the rookie uh Zello latist right, Yeah, so it's I if I'm Chicago, I'm trying to move him and get some pieces, especially somebody like that asking for thirty you know what I mean, I'm at to pass on that. You know what I mean, I'm at to pass that off to somebody. But I definitely think Giddy is somebody who's worth, you know, somewhere in this value of everyone and been drafted in twenty twenty one. Yeah, the fifth thirty. I wouldn't do that if I Chicago not seeing you know, if I'm rebuilding, then that's you know, you got to think about long term value, short term value and rebuilding value. Danny Angel is one of the best statitude.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, it's Sam Pressed, It's a killer. He's for show. He is for show.
Speaker 1: You know, all the ogs, the retired dudes, you know, uh, they've been chiming out in the media. Our boy Joe L and B is sitting out back to back and has made a lot of people have set bro. He's like, no more backs to back, no more back to backs for the rest of my career.
Speaker 2: Hey man, Man and Chuck saying kag is up, saying.
Speaker 1: We are still working. We played maybe fortnights a week, but we're not still We're not working still. Listen, man, man, it's tough. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, I think what Chuck has to understand is Joel has a very bad knee and he kind of don't want to be Kenny what he done, and so you kind of gotta take that into you kind of got to take that into it. Hey, Kenny, I love you, man, It's all love, brother. We love you, Kenny.
Speaker 1: We know you got them them stuffed animal legs, but you know, Joel.
Speaker 2: Has a very very very bad knee. Now, in saying that, Harris, what I would say to Joe, I think you should play as many games as you can't play, and I think you should average as many points as you can average, and I think you should chase as many individual awards as you can chase. Because since the talk of winning a championship these days are more like spoke about than ever, and so you got a guy like Joel who gets great stats, who almost starts to shy away from it because people talk so much about a championship.
Speaker 1: Like Joel last year scored sixty some points and seventy points in a regular season game.
Speaker 2: And after the game, during this pres conference I was watching, or not even an interview on the court, he was like, yeah, you know, the seventies great to sixties great, but it don't mean nothing without the ring And I'm just like, what, like, no, Joe, Like you just had seventy points in the regular season.
Speaker 1: Who gives a fuck about a ring man? That ain't happening till June.
Speaker 2: Brother, Like it's cool to have these numbers that you just had, and like that's great, like enjoyed. And so I hear him start to talk about him more and more and more, and my thing to him is, you may never win one. Like the hope is to win one. And I'm not saying he can't win one, but what I'm saying is you may never win one. And then you shortage yourself on the thing that we know for sure you can do, which is which is cook everybody in the lead, Like we know you can do that. And so to sit out saying I'm trying to maximize everything so I can get the championship at the end, but also getting a championship. You gotta know how to win a championship, and he don't because he hasn't done it.
Speaker 1: And on top of that, as soon as you say I'm not playing back to backs, that means you can feel bad on the first end and incredible on the second end. And you because you've given yourself this rule, you ain't gonna get no better, bro, you know what I mean, Like you're not pushing yourself. I understand injuries and all that shit, but what happens in the playoffs when you feel and your body feel like, damn, dude, I feel like we just played it back to back, you know what I mean? Like you know that. It's like you in game four, you in game five, You're like, man, shit, the games are coming faster, right, you know it's Sunday and Tuesday. Right, that's a back to back damn near with playoff intensity things of that nature. So being able to say I quit before giving yourself a chance, and like, I mean, who the hell is informing is? Like what are they saying? Right? And who's in his ears that has him talking?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Because he should be where Yannis was. I need to be the number one team in the league. If I can, If we can be number one team in the league, we can put ourselves in championship conjunction. Right. And I always said once Johannis and Milwaukee fell to fourth or fifth and stopped playing for first, they learn how to win closer games, right, And so Joelle, you already checking out saying like, y'all gonna have me for this game, but you're gonna have to play a different style this game. You'll never find that consistency, You'll never find the chemistry, you know what I mean? And what could happen is you run the risk of when you sit down people like, oh he said, you know, like you don't want your teammates happy.
Speaker 2: Yes, that you're not what you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And you're the leader of the team.
Speaker 2: I agree, I agree. Now, yeah, I think he it's a slippery slope man. At the end of the day, you started his career to build a Hall of fame resume. Part of building the hall of fame resume is the statistics that we know he puts up and will continue to put up when every plays. And I think that, like that should be a part of his focus too, Like don't just make everything about a championship, because then you also what what you then do is that's great. Too much pressure and it's great of a career is he gonna have You're gonna get to the end of your career and you're going to make it to where people can then say, because of what you've said, ah, yeah he did this, but he ain't get a championship, Like no, bro, Reggie Miller is still great, Like he didn't get a championship. Chris Paul is still playing.
Speaker 1: But say if CP don't get he is still great, like still great man, And so that would just be my thing to Joel Man, like yeah, say, like what you're saying is individual greatness, because you're gonna get as far as your talent, as far as your talent can take.
Speaker 2: It to one, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Don't look at it as like I'm chasing a championship because you put too much pressure on yourself and your teammates and you and you every day, so you never get to celebrate the fact that like, hey, I score seventy points and like I can do this any night, you know what I mean. But it's like this seventy don't mean nothing if we don't win a championship, that shit, don't It's too far out to be thinking championship exactly, you know what I mean. You can be like we want to be a contender championship mentality, but you can have a championship mentality not playing back.
Speaker 2: To back Man. We introducing a new segment this week call I Got five on It, where BD will discuss five players he's high on heading into the weekend. BD was the number five. I got five on it.
Speaker 1: Talk to me, b d No, shout out to the loonies. I got five on it. We start with number one. My boy. Now, this is the only point guard outside of Steph Curry that it's like I have to tap in right. That is my uh, that is my my spirit player, the player I would want to be like if I was in the league. LaMelo Ball Okay, uh, I think LaMelo another All Star year. You know, I want him to stay healthy, but I think, man, this dude is just it's beautiful basketball when.
Speaker 2: He plays, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Great joy. Number two coming in Trey Man. Trey Man is my surprise. Has another one of my young proteges. You know, me and Trey Man we talk about you gotta have a thousand moves, one hundred moves and a thousand counters, a thousand moves in a hundred county. So it looked like he getting off to a great start. Jalen Green, we talked about him the year that he can have coming off the till end and last year with more responsibility in Houston. You know, with a young team, number four, the front runner for defensive Player of the Year. That's man, that's my high time.
Speaker 2: You know, a B.
Speaker 1: I actually think eight the Lakers will be a much better team if A B is the focal point of the Lakers on the offensive end and on the defense. Man he's the big man. He don't produce, you know, he's a machine of numbers. And then at number five, welcome back John Moran. I think, uh, you know what I do think. I think Anthony Edwards needs John morrans m aggressive interest. That's what I think is holding that Anthony Edwards back. So I go with Ja Moran at number five because John Moran is a dog. He's a winner, you know what I mean. He's playing to win and he make winning plays. As you say, you know, he put uh you know it was a utah and they back uh with a round the back the lay. I'm excited to see him back in the league feeling good, and so that would be uh, that's my high five.
Speaker 2: I like it. I like LaMelo. I think LaMelo needs a healthy year. You know, we all know what he's capable of, so he just gotta stay healthy. Uh, trade man, I think you know, I really like that, uh giving the young fella some love. You know, he was kind of stuck in that long gym and OKC. But the good thing about that is is he knows how to be a pro because that's a great organization and he was working behind Shay Gilgris Alexander and when you watch him play, some of that stuff looks a little shadish. So I like that one.
Speaker 1: Jayalen Green, I like that that one a lot as well.
Speaker 2: I think Jalen Green, like you said, closing out the year, he had a really really great stretch that second half for the season, and you know it was averaging probably almost close to thirty points, if not average thirty points. So I like that one. At number four. You had a number four, he had Anthony Davis, who's campaign and for Defensive Player of the Year already actually game one a D stop it manure on him put that press.
Speaker 1: I like this though, I like a D doing that. He's don I like it to put some like state it, you know what I'm saying, Like speak on it. A D. His whole career.
Speaker 2: Hasn't been a guy that would necessarily come out and say that, So I actually that's growth for real. So I actually love to see that too. And we all know a d is one of the most special players in this league, So no need for me to spend a bunch of time there and then that number five job morant. The league is better when Jos's playing, uh, playing as simple, there's a highlight or two or three or four or five every single time he steps on the court. It's Grizzies is a totally different team when he's on the court. They all follow his bravado and he's a great leader. And so I like it, uh, you know, bringing Memphis back, trying to get them back to where they were a couple of years ago. Like I see a lot of people wrote jaw off last year. You know, the NBA is a very what have you done for me lately? And so everybody started writing him off last year, not putting him in the top guys under twenty five and all that nonsense. So I'm excited to see Jah come out of how the year that we all know jo don't have. If John's on the Florida over there, Yes, sir, so listen, man, you got five on it. I'm a one four flat this bro. I got some io. I need a io one four flat.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's call all right, so we all.
Speaker 2: I got something that I'm sick of. It's sportsmanship. I'm sick of it. Har's here's what I'm sick of. Wick. I'm sick of the all nice guy stuff in sportsman. You know the teams dribble the ball out at the end of the clod oh and I you know this came to me the other day when the Celtics had one more chance to make three, one more chance and they took the shok violation and I'm like, no, there's thirty four seconds left on the clock. All coaches teach play to the bus's play to the bus, but no, we gotta hold the ball because that's the classy thing. Stop it.
Speaker 1: When the game is close.
Speaker 2: You want everybody to play from buzzer to buzzer, So don't discriminate when the games will blowout. You shouldn't have got blown out. It is what it is. Let's get rid of this garbage unspoken law. It sucks.
Speaker 1: I hate it, and I'm gonna tell you I'm gonna tell you where else it shows up at you since we go to the Olympics when KD was coming off the bench in the Olympics and they're like, oh yeah, KD said he wanted.
Speaker 2: To come off the bench. You, as a player, you have to say that. You can't say like, oh yeah, like no, I have to start like then you were asshole and you're like a head case. You have to say that as we play team sports, right, so you always have to say that.
Speaker 1: So I hate when coaches.
Speaker 2: Will ask like, yo, you might like, of course I'm gonna say no, but yeah, mine like and players can and so that's one of them. But then, so.
Speaker 1: What happened different sports, But it happened the other day.
Speaker 2: Barkley, playing against his old team in New York Giants need thirteen fourteen yards to break his all time record, and Nick Sirianni goes and sit next to him with his microphone like he don't know he got a mic on and say, hey, man, so fourteen yards young guys, you know you want to He like Saquan of course, say now let them meet because guess what Saquan case say, No, I want to go get it. And then he go out there trying to get thirteen yards and he get hurt that he looked like an idiot, Like just you know he wants the thirteen yards, man, let him go get the more.
Speaker 1: Plays, three more plays. That's just booth on the I hate these things, man, I mean, like you don't ask a player like, yo, you got one more rebound, you want to go back in and get your triple double? Like, nah, he ain't gonna never get it. Then because you're putting attention on it. Keep him in rhythm, you know what I'm saying. And then when you you know what I mean, like, keep him in rhythm. Let him get the number. He wouldn't have been tripping. Everybody else would have played the same amount of time, got the same amount of touches, you know what I mean. And it's New York and it's your former team. It's like, yo, he was doing all that shit talking about me in the preseason and came over the out and ran all over you. You know what I mean, Like you supposed to you supposed to try to nail in the car, supposed to dry to nail in the car.
Speaker 2: I agree. That's my one four flat for the day. Man, I'm happy you agree with me. Just a couple of things that done grinding my gears and I just wanted to share those. Let's get rid of these unwritten rules. But before we get out of here, bro, get at me. Shout out to the fans. We want to hear from y'all, So make sure when you see a post on social that you submit your question we might answer it. On the pods is called get at Me. Another segment for y'all, Get at me. So starting it off more for BD because he played on multiple teams, how can you tell? Sorry, this is at context, context time, context context Tower rebellion is the name at context toile rebellion. More for BD because he played on multiple teams. How can you tell that a head coach has his as HI T together? What are the signs that he knows what he's doing or that he doesn't, and if he doesn't, how do you cope through that season?
Speaker 1: I would say, assure right that he's sure right, he's confident in what he's saying. That's how you know a coach has the stuff together, as he's confident he's prepared for. More importantly, a coach that goes to the players that he knows he's gonna need for the season and be under be able to understand how to best utilize their talents, you know what I mean. And so a great coach is going to recognize you for where you are and they're going to ask you for one or two or three things right that they can get more from you that should be beneficial to the team. And so that's really, uh the way I look at, you know, a good coach, like you know, I'm not had that many great coaches.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And so it's you know, you got Don Nelson who was like, man, this is a style. This is a system. Y'all go figure out how to be intelligent in it. Here's Mike Woodson. It's like, here's a style. Here's a system. We prepared. We going over to you know what I mean, We going over all the one twosa Nick knocks. You have Mike Montgomery who coaches from like a college playbook, you know what I mean. And so it's like he's just coaching from some shit he learned twelve years ago and has nothing to do with like the twelve people, you know what I mean. You know, on this team before we playing against you know what I'm saying, and so I think, you know, you look at how to coach and you say, is he sure of himself? And then what is he saying? Does that shit going to resonate for somebody a player to be like, Yo, I'm motivated to do that, right, That's that's kind of the way I look at it.
Speaker 2: When you say assurance, you know you mean, would the JJ Reddick situation be something like that, like, for instance, a guy who everyone a question to hire when he comes in, if he comes from what it looks like maybe on the outside, he comes in with a short attitude something Is that like kind of what you be speaking of?
Speaker 1: Yes, JJ Reddick is going to coach the way he played. He's arrogant, he's confident, he's prepared, you know what I mean, and he can make adjustments. So he's not just a shooter, you know what I mean. And so when you look at the Lakers and what he did with the Lakers, he just took his attitude right and saying the Lakers don't have an identity at the top. Every other coach has been trying to be cool with Lebron, not coach Lebron. Every coach has been trying to figure out whose team Lebron ady, No, he what the Lakers look like to me is a coach team. Yeah, Ad, you're the man, Lebron, You're the greatest player of all time. All the rest of you dudes are super talented. Here's your spots, here's what you you know what I mean, here's your spots. Here's your freedom. And so you see ruy hot toamoraw being in a position where you can be successful, right, and so I give I always say like, I'm so excited about j J. Reddick because former players right that are in tune to the game are gonna basically bring their personality and their expertise to you know, any team. It's confidence. Look at that man at Anna Cha Tuna whatever that is nine sixt' three. Since right, mind, what was your welcome to the league moment?
Speaker 2: Oh man? I had a couple welcome to the league moments. I think the one that stood out to me the most, the one that I remember the most is my first bucket. I shot the three on Josh Smith and guard me and I got a text first for first bucket, I start talking crazy to Josh Smith. That's my bucket. Uh, there's no way I gotta tex That's my welcome to the league right there. First two thousand gone down and dre just like that.
Speaker 1: There's no one. Well yeah, a bottle man, there's no man. Your first shot you got, you hit a three and then got it crazy.
Speaker 2: You was talking crazy. He was stunning under the rim like I wasn't gonna shoot it. Guys, she mighty got to hear about that.
Speaker 1: All I'm crying.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: You're consistent, though, bro, consistent?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: What you what you?
Speaker 2: I still be trying to figure out how people were like, Yo, something wrong.
Speaker 1: I've been the same way.
Speaker 2: Forever, Like I just who I am?
Speaker 1: Who I am? Man?
Speaker 2: Like yo, something wrong with today? Like don't apologize who I am? By the way, I saw the black cat the other night, Mister Michael Jordan himself couple of nights ago. Man try told me, like man m J sarahs I said, m J. M shares where he's at the hotel and m J upstairs. Oh, I want to talk to him. J went upstairs, talked to him J and m J said, listen, b you don't you stop being you have fun be you say no more. The gold has spoken, I'm gonna be me and guess what is Guess what? My first bucket getting attacked was hell out of pocket, which leads us to all Hello out of pocket moment for the week.
Speaker 1: What do you know? All right, Hello out of pocket moment for the week?
Speaker 2: His nine other than the Detroit Pistons having six players on the floor at one time, they Hello out of pocket. It changes the momentum of the game. It was a close game. That's Hello out of pocket.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is my look to Detroit. Are you serious, hey, dog? And they and they were about to throw the ball to the guy.
Speaker 2: That was opening in the corner.
Speaker 1: Hey, bro, you still have seen the fourth dude on the team that was playing. He went to the fifth dude. You know, the fifth dude went to the fifth man and he's hesitated, and he was like, hold on, somebody open in the corner. Come on, yeah, bro. They inbounded the ball. Brother, They in bound at the ball and brought the ball up court with six players.
Speaker 2: They hell out of pocket, man, Hell out of pocket? Hell hell. We need Detroit to do better, man, We need the Pistons to be good again. Man, please do that for us. Man shout out to you the fans. We appreciate y'all tuning in for our first show. To all y'all that tuned in, listen to your homies. It's d G and b D y'all listening to us earlier this week. We appreciate y'all. Please stay tuning in and tell a friends, tell a friend to tell a friend. Come lock in until next time. That's a rap. Dremond read n b d we aut